PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Golf Courses

Stroker Ace88
01-22-12, 05:17
Has anyone played golf at the Cebu City Golf and Country Club, reviews? How much is the yearly membership, is it a one time membership with lesser annual dues or how do they work it? I see they have a pool, tennis courts, golf and tennis pro shop, and a barber? A barber? LOL! Can I bring my GF for a bikini wax or get her Bush trimmed? Lmao joke. That would either get me in serious serious trouble, or make me a very popular fellow.

I know they accept "invited guests and select tourists" but only on weekdays and non holidays. How are the greens and fairways? Lots of Korean and Japanese? Just wondering.

On one PI golf website they list the all-in total for 18holes as 4600p. Here is the breakdown.

Green fees 2600p (includes insurance? WTF would I need insurance for?)

Vat 12% 300p.

Caddy fee 300p.

Golf cart rental 1200p (18holes)

Umbrella carrier fee 200p.

I see they have other optional services such as club rentals for 500p. I wonder what kind of old clubs you would get as a rental? Yikes. They also have golf shoe rentals for 250p. Also food and beverages are not included and you have to buy a booklet of tickets to redeem at various locations out on the course in exchange for food and drinks.

As a related note has anyone played golf at any one of the following courses around Cebu?

-Alta Vista Golf and Country Club (Pardo Hills)

-Verdemar Golf Club (Northern Cebu)

-Mercedes Plantation Golf and Country Club (Northern Cebu)

-Mactan Island Golf Club (Mactan next to MCIA)

Do they offer free wifi? As promised, that one's for you Cuch. ;)

Tank Not Mt
02-29-12, 22:25
Hey Golfers.

Just got back for a trip to Cebu last week. Golfed with 2 foursomes at the Course above. We are North Americans.

The Round cost us about 5000p for everything or about $115 USD. The course is comparable (in price also) to many semi-private courses you find in southerm Florida arround Ft. Lauderdale. By no means a PGA quality course but about a 3 to 3. 5 star. It was very hot and humid so the 18 holes was a grind, we started about 9 am. The greens were somewhat difficult as putting against the grain was very slow.

In general, we enjoyed the day and the warm Phillipine's hospitality.

BionicMan
02-29-12, 22:34
With all respect, guys, what's the sense of opening a new thread about GOLF?

Is there any rational in discussing about this on ISG? What's the next topic? Scuba diving in Seychelles? Darts tournament in North Wales? Kayak races in Alaska?

Stroker Ace88
02-29-12, 23:38

Is there any rational in discussing about this on ISG? What's the next topic? Scuba diving in Seychelles? Darts tournament in North Wales? Kayak races in Alaska?Soooo I gather from your rather distraught post you are calling out Jackson, because he is the one who created this thread.

I posted the original question on the 'Cebu General Info' section and Jackson saw fit to create a new sub-section dedicated to Cebu and golf just happened to be one of the topics. Bless him for making the Cebu forum a better read.

Hmm so by your reasoning diving should be the next topic on deck. Not a bad idea if you change the location to the Philippines and include snorkeling as personally, I only dive at the Y not at the reef.

Stroker Ace88
02-29-12, 23:48
Hey Golfers.

Just got back for a trip to Cebu last week. Golfed with 2 foursomes at the Course above. We are North Americans.

The Round cost us about 5000p for everything or about $115 USD. The course is comparable (in price also) to many semi-private courses you find in southerm Florida arround Ft. Lauderdale. By no means a PGA quality course but about a 3 to 3. 5 star. It was very hot and humid so the 18 holes was a grind, we started about 9 am. The greens were somewhat difficult as putting against the grain was very slow.

In general, we enjoyed the day and the warm Phillipine's hospitality.TNM,

Thanks for the update. You posted it cost "us" about 5000p, do you mean the total for all four was 5000p or each player paid 5000p? Just want a clarification on that.

How are the greens? Are they top-dressed with sand to make the ball roll smoother?

How are the fairways? Full of divots?

Did you rent an electric cart or walk?

Thanks.

Tank Not Mt
03-01-12, 00:12
Sorry for not specifying-the rate was abot 5000P each including rentals, caddies, Carts and Green Fees.

The greens were not top dressed; hard to read; because of the difference of the roll depending on the grain. Still shot 85 which is about right for a 13 handicap.

The Fairways were of similar grass you find in Florida fairways; very few divots.

We rented carts but I don't remember if they were gas powered or Electric. Only problem was they insisted on Cart Paths only. Next time I'll walk with an Umbrella girl shading me. Cheers.

BTW-reguardless of what the so called senior member says below, I think this post is helpfull to many who enjoy golfing in different locations; there are many crappy posts I read in the General Info Section that have no value whatsoever to readers, as this does. Get a balanced life man.

TNM,

Thanks for the update. You posted it cost "us" about 5000p, do you mean the total for all four was 5000p or each player paid 5000p? Just want a clarification on that.

How are the greens? Are they top-dressed with sand to make the ball roll smoother?

How are the fairways? Full of divots?

Did you rent an electric cart or walk?

Thanks.

Stroker Ace88
03-01-12, 14:40
Sorry for not specifying-the rate was abot 5000P each including rentals, caddies, Carts and Green Fees.

The greens were not top dressed; hard to read; because of the difference of the roll depending on the grain. Still shot 85 which is about right for a 13 handicap.

The Fairways were of similar grass you find in Florida fairways; very few divots.

We rented carts but I don't remember if they were gas powered or Electric. Only problem was they insisted on Cart Paths only. Next time I'll walk with an Umbrella girl shading me. Cheers.Good to know about the cart path only policy.

Thanks.

Socker
03-10-12, 19:01

Is there any rational in discussing about this on ISG? What's the next topic? Scuba diving in Seychelles? Darts tournament in North Wales? Kayak races in Alaska?Golf is a fantastic AND complex sport. A lot of mongers play golf so it makes sense to have a sub forum on it. Playing in exotic places like PI or Thailand are a great way to get all the good pussy off your mind for a few hours. Later in the day / evening a good dinner / drinks and the hunt for a new gf makes for quite a satisfying day.

I hope this section can accommodate all of asia as far as golf goes. I don't think Cebu alone can sustain the only golf section on ISG. My 2p Cheers.

TazDevil
03-11-12, 06:34
Golf is a fantastic AND complex sport. A lot of mongers play golf so it makes sense to have a sub forum on it. Playing in exotic places like PI or Thailand are a great way to get all the good pussy off your mind for a few hours. Later in the day / evening a good dinner / drinks and the hunt for a new gf makes for quite a satisfying day.

I hope this section can accommodate all of asia as far as golf goes. I don't think Cebu alone can sustain the only golf section on ISG. My 2p Cheers.I had an Englishman for a boss a while back and I remember him commenting about golfing in the Philippines and how great it was! After the front nine and before you go to the back nine, there's a little shack there where some young girls s* for tips while relieving the plumbing of the golfers. Their putting was much more relaxed on the back nine and their scores improved. Couldn't tell you where that golf course was.

Stroker Ace88
03-11-12, 17:39
I had an Englishman for a boss a while back and I remember him commenting about golfing in the Philippines and how great it was! After the front nine and before you go to the back nine, there's a little shack there where some young girls s* for tips while relieving the plumbing of the golfers. Their putting was much more relaxed on the back nine and their scores improved. Couldn't tell you where that golf course was.Sounds like a TALL TALE indeed unless they were golfing down santos street.

Lucky21
03-11-12, 18:32
Sounds like a TALL TALE indeed unless they were golfing down santos street.Apologies if this blends the topics while going slightly off topic.

I had an opportunity to play golf in Jakarta at a local country club. We had female caddies, all early 20s, non golfers. Unusual for me, but they were dressed in double long sleeves and mittens in the hot, humid Jakarta sun.

By the time we hit the turn, my caddie was completely distracting me, physically and mentally. Offering to wipe my balls. Wet washing my shaft with her tongue. Placing her beats on my head as I kneeled to read putts.

Needless to say, when came time for the post round massage in the clubhouse, she demonstrated talents well beyond carrying my clubs. Of course, I shot one of the worst rounds all year.

Now which is more important? Scoring with a hot Indo / Phil chick, or beating your handicap?

Slackerslacker
08-22-12, 10:30
[QUOTE=Stroker Ace88; 1240037.

On one PI golf website they list the all-in total for 18holes as 4600p. Here is the breakdown.

Green fees 2600p (includes insurance? WTF would I need insurance for?) [/QUOTE]

]If you rented a car for 2600p would you understand what the insurance is for?

It's to pay for expenses / damages if something goes wrong.

On a golf course, here are a few examples:

- golf ball hits you in the head and you go to the hospital for medical treatment. Insurance pays the bill.

- You crash the golf cart into a tree. Insurance pays the bill.

- You slip in the shower, fall and break your wrist. Insurance pays the bill.

- A dog runs onto the course, bites your ass. Insurance pays the bill.

That is WTF insurance is for.

Stroker Ace88
08-22-12, 23:59
]If you rented a car for 2600p would you understand what the insurance is for?

It's to pay for expenses / damages if something goes wrong.

On a golf course, here are a few examples:

- golf ball hits you in the head and you go to the hospital for medical treatment. Insurance pays the bill.

- You crash the golf cart into a tree. Insurance pays the bill.

- You slip in the shower, fall and break your wrist. Insurance pays the bill.

- A dog runs onto the course, bites your ass. Insurance pays the bill.

That is WTF insurance is for.You don't know much about the Philippines. A foreigner who would try To collect any insurance policy against a golf course and-or insurance company for an accident or damage will end up paying more in the end than any kind of compensation the foreigner would ever see (if compensation is even given at all). It's just an added tax (payoff) that's divided up and goes straight into a few select pockets.

BTW wild dogs are all over the Philippines, good luck filing a claim against that! Your other examples are ludacris. In the event I crash the golf cart into a tree I would be on the hook for repairs and damages insurance or no insurance. The golf course 'insurance' is worthless BTW.

You sound like a bitter insurance broker LOL.

Since this is the golf course thread, has anyone played the Alta Vista course over in Pardo?

Any info would be helpful.