PDA

View Full Version : US Immigration Changes Policy on granting PH Tourist VISA's?

DoingOurDuty
08-19-12, 05:18
A good friend (pinay) in PH recently told me her sister has an appointment in Manila to get her tourist visa to visit her bf in the States. I suggested it is difficult to get a Tourist Visa unless you have pretty solid circumstances to assure you will return to PH and not overstay the visa (such as owning a profitable business or meaningful real estate in PH). She referred me to a website and told me that the US now had a new policy that allows a US citizen to sponsor a Filipino to help obtain a tourist visa; and it is much easier to get a Tourist Visa now than before. The website had phone numbers for both US and PH offices and the US office was closed today for the weekend; but this appears to be US sponsored website trying to make the process of obtaining a Travel Visa much easier and streamlined.

I visited the US Immigration website and eventually linked to an announcement that said the current US Adminiatration in an effort to revitalize a sluggish economy is encouraging citizens from countries around the world to come visit the United States. And apparently they have been working on this awhile because they also claim they have already increased the number of visas by 17% in 2011 compared to 2010. The Travel Visa it says is a B2 and can be for vacation or business. I was not able to find any information about being a sponsor or that as a requirement. If it is much easier now to get a Tourist Visa (Travel Visa) this is a big change since all the dating websites traditionally offer help getting your pinay sweety to the US but have always said you'll likely never get a Tourist Viaa andtrifecta everyone to the Fiancé Visa which implies you're getting close to deciding to tie a knot.

I will be one of the first bringing a pinay sweetie to US from PH to visit if it's true. Anyone here already have any experience with the new policies as they are currently being implemented in Manila for a Travel Visa to the US?

Editor: please feel free to move my post to an existing thread. I only made a new thread because I didn't see where else to put it.

WestCoast1
08-19-12, 05:33
A good friend (pinay) in PH recently told me her sister has an appointment in Manila to get her tourist visa to visit her bf in the States. I suggested it is difficult to get a Tourist Visa unless you have pretty solid circumstances to assure you would return to PH and not overstay the visa (such as owning a profitable business or meaningful real estate). She referred me to a website and told me that the US now had a new policy that allows a US citizen to sponsor a Filipino to help obtain a tourist visa and that it is much easier to get a Tourist Visa than before. The website had phone numbers for both US and PH officea and the US office was closed today for the weekend; but this appears to be US sponsored website trying to make the process of obtaining a Travel Visa very easy and streamlined.Links my good man?

DoingOurDuty
08-19-12, 06:00
Links my good man?Here is the site my friends sister is using at the request of her US citizen bf sponsor:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp

I called the US based office listed on this website today but will have to wait till Monday to speak to anyone. There is a lot of recorded information even when office is closed and there is a press key option if you're calling about Philippine Visas.

MadisonGuy
08-19-12, 14:23
I have a bridge to sell you, I can build a website to reference it if it makes you feel more comfortable. Tourist visas will still need to meet same criteria, and women are usually on the bottom of the list when they are given out. It may be easier, but the person would still need a job, a good bank account, a house. I'm sure we all would like to fly girls here from other countries, but because of that it will stay near impossible. But it's only $160 and a plane ticket if you want to give it a shot.

Cuba Tourist
08-19-12, 14:37
"I'm sure we all would like to fly girls here from other countries, but because of that it will stay near impossible."

Why should our government not allow this? It is terrible for us and it would do no harm.

MadisonGuy
08-19-12, 15:00
"I'm sure we all would like to fly girls here from other countries, but because of that it will stay near impossible."

Why should our government not allow this? It is terrible for us and it would do no harm.I'd love it if they did. But some would love if they let you take a bag full of cocaine back from Colombia. It is what it is. I don't know if I would call it terrible either, an annoyance maybe but I think a lot of guys might get sick of bringing girls here. It could do a ton of harm actually, our country is already having problems with illegals taking tons of tax dollars no need to increase that amount.

Member #4643
08-19-12, 15:25
I'd love it if they did. But some would love if they let you take a bag full of cocaine back from Colombia. It is what it is. I don't know if I would call it terrible either, an annoyance maybe but I think a lot of guys might get sick of bringing girls here. It could do a ton of harm actually, our country is already having problems with illegals taking tons of tax dollars no need to increase that amount.About 30 years ago, an American could sign an affidavit of support to help a foreigner obtain a tourist visa. That gives the American citizen the responsibility for the visitor. I did this for a few friends. I was told at the time by an immigration lawyer that the government wanted such an assurance in case the foreign visitor required US government assistance. If that happened, I would be sent a bill. This system did not work very well, because the concern about foreigners changed. The country became increasingly concerned that foreigners would stay and work in the USA illegally. As a result of the shift in concern, the embassies stopped honoring this approach.

An approach that works now, but is admittedly not cheap, is to sign your girlfriend up for English language classes at one of the many schools that teach English as a second language in major cities. The schools are pretty good at obtaining a J visa. The girls do not have to be rich to qualify; they just need to prepay the tuition and housing. The schools do all the heavy lifting when it comes to getting a visa. My friend brought his beautiful 25 year old Brazilian girlfriend to the USA for a month this way (see www Dot bostonlanguage dot com/). But, he had to pay for a month's worth of classes and he had to rent an apartment in downtown Boston. Then she got pregnant (she did not figure this out until she was back in Brazil, where abortion is illegal) , and the whole situation became a nightmare. In the end, it worked out. But it was a lot to pay for a month of young pussy.

WestCoast1
08-19-12, 16:59
Why should our government not allow this? It is terrible for us and it would do no harm.Its a nice idea for you, but not for everyone else. The girls used to come here, and then never leave. They dump their american bf right before her travel visa is up and split, like cockroaches into the woodwork. This breaks his heart, and you have yet another illegal alien, working at low wages (underemployed, or unemployed) and not paying taxes. She'll be on the government doll for food / housing. Poor girls from poor countries rarely returned on time. The practice was stopped long ago. Currently, a travel visa is only extended to certain western countries as VOA, and then to all other foreigners must apply in advance for an actual visa. Those persons will have to show solid financial reason to return to their home country, such as:

1. Bank account with large cash;

2. Real estate;

3. Good job;

4. Family to go home to;

5. Enough travel money to sustain their visit (hotels, food, transportation money, etc.) for their intended timeframe; OR, a rich someone (you!) to support / sponsor them in the host country (can be costly for the sponsor if the girl fails to go home on time, which you have little control over).

Keep in mind also, if she has another person in the States she wants to live with, she does not have to stay with you. She can simply meet you at the airport, with you thinking she will spend the next 6 months with you, then run off anywhere she likes without even telling you (remember, its a travel visa, not a "Stay-with-my-Sponsor" visa). Multiple american men have been duped by this from women all over the world. There she is, living with her phil-am bf, the one she really loves, and you, her sponsor, are responsible for feeding her until her time expires. This is the same situation that some married men face, who brought his fiancee to the US on a K-1 marriage visa faces: they marry, she obtains a 'temporary permanent visa' green card, and she runs off with the guy she really loves.

Add into this another problem: terrorism. Of course there is little chance that your pinay is terrorist material, but from the US government's viewpoint, why take the chance, as terrorists are utilizing poor people on a regular basis?

I remember reading on the State Dept's Immigration website awhile back that the number of each kind of visa is limited each year. I'd expect those persons wealthy enough in phils or elsewhere to travel to the US on their own (guidelines above) would be given consideration before someone's po gf.

Another consideration: person's utilizing a travel visa are restricted from certain things (ie, cannot work or marry) while in-country. In order to get her a job, or marry her (should you decide) , she must return home, then follow the work or marry visa application process.

I could be wrong about the rules, but from talking to gents who tried it, and reading the State Dept's website, these things apply. Other's thoughts?

Sammon
08-19-12, 17:06
A good friend (pinay) in PH recently told me her sister has an appointment in Manila to get her tourist visa to visit her bf in the States. I suggested it is difficult to get a Tourist Visa unless you have pretty solid circumstances to assure you will return to PH and not overstay the visa (such as owning a profitable business or meaningful real estate in PH). She referred me to a website and told me that the US now had a new policy that allows a US citizen to sponsor a Filipino to help obtain a tourist visa; and it is much easier to get a Tourist Visa now than before. The website had phone numbers for both US and PH offices and the US office was closed today for the weekend; but this appears to be US sponsored website trying to make the process of obtaining a Travel Visa much easier and streamlined.

I visited the US Immigration website and eventually linked to an announcement that said the current US Adminiatration in an effort to revitalize a sluggish economy is encouraging citizens from countries around the world to come visit the United States. And apparently they have been working on this awhile because they also claim they have already increased the number of visas by 17% in 2011 compared to 2010. The Travel Visa it says is a B2 and can be for vacation or business. I was not able to find any information about being a sponsor or that as a requirement. If it is much easier now to get a Tourist Visa (Travel Visa) this is a big change since all the dating websites traditionally offer help getting your pinay sweety to the US but have always said you'll likely never get a Tourist Viaa andtrifecta everyone to the Fiancé Visa which implies you're getting close to deciding to tie a knot.

I will be one of the first bringing a pinay sweetie to US from PH to visit if it's true. Anyone here already have any experience with the new policies as they are currently being implemented in Manila for a Travel Visa to the US?

Editor: please feel free to move my post to an existing thread. I only made a new thread because I didn't see where else to put it.US visit visas are issued selectively. In other words country specific. Not all countries are treated equally. Beneficiaries now seem to be central and south American countries because of big hispanic lobby.

Asian countries are low on the list. It is practically impossible to get a visitor visa for anybody under 50 years of age. Young girls are never given visa unless extremely lucky irrespective of what papers you fill out.

Easier is to request a fiance visa. There are conditions but doable. Fiance visa does not mean you need to marry the girl. But if the girl stays or absconds you are held liable. Hels liable does not mean they will hunt you and her down. The system does not bother about non criminal problems. Law protecting you is you have no control over anybody in US who is over 18 years old.

DoingOurDuty
08-19-12, 18:48
The majority opinion expressed here so far agrees with my general understanding of the situation. I am only trying to bring light to a newly expressed policy on the US Immigration website that they are now making a new push to make it easier for more people including those in PH to vacation in the US to help improve our sluggish economy. Two years ago this was not the case and there could be something new afoot that is changing the dynamic that we've all become accustomed.

I have heard other sources recently claim to have confidential information that indicates the US is in serious negotiations about a greater US military presence in PH. It's not too big of a stretch to think as part of those negotiations that PH has requested greater freedom for its citizens to visit and work in the US especially if sponsors take some personal responsible for assuring their visitor returns to PH in accordance with any visas issued.

When I opened this thread I was initially suspicious that anything has really changed (and I still am) so there is no need to explain how it has been in the past; I am very aware of how's it's been now for a very long time. But I have not read anything posted here yet in reply that convincingly tells me something very new hasn't recently occurred. Of course a new administration next year could undo any good news if it is in fact something significant has changed to past practices.

My friend says they are not requiring the pinay's bf to put up any major money (the way it used to be) but I'll believe it when I hear she has the visa to come visit him (issued in a timely manner at minimum cost). If the objective is to significantly increase foreign visitors to the US it does not make sense to price it too far out of reach of average US citizens. Many thanks to those replying and I will continue to dig deeper to see what I can learn.

MadisonGuy
08-19-12, 19:19
I wouldn't believe it. The plan has major flaws and would be taken advantage of. They'd have thousands of girls here asap working in massage parlors. Don't believe everything you hear especially if it's on the internet. I just read someone getting denied a tourist visa who has a good job, a house, and a kid in Philippines. It's always going to be easier for guys, I think same situation the guy would get one.

Tucker McElroy
08-19-12, 21:26
The only change in policy toward visas I am aware of happened earlier this year, with a public appearance by President Obama at Disney World to announce the changes. You can use Google to search "tourist visas USA Obama" to read other accounts of the change, or read about it here:

http://travel.usatoday.com/news/story/2012-01-18/Obama-expected-to-shorten-tourist-visa-process/52652668/1

Note in the second paragraph of the story, the main changes only affected citizens of Brazil and China getting visas processed quicker. There may have been some behind-the-scenes changes, but essentially it was a problem where even people who would qualify for a tourist visa were forced to travel long distances to get to a consulate, and long backlogs delayed the processes. The travel industry has been on the administration to loosen up tourist visas for foreigners, claiming they are missing out on lots of spending by potential foreign tourists that are denied visas or get caught up in delays and red tape. The way the government responded, with a very limited change focused on only two countries, my interpretation is that they were tossing interested parties (mainly the travel industry) a bone to make them be quiet.

One other change mentioned in the article I referenced: Taiwan changed to a no-visa-required status for it's citizens to visit the USA. Why are visas required for some countries, but not others? There seems to be a very good correlation between the standard of living of the country in question, and the USA. If they are fairly equal (such as most western-European countries, Japan, etc.) then they don't worry about those people coming in droves and staying. On the other hand, citizens from countries such as Thailand, Philippines, and many others where the standard of living is much lower, will need to get visas. On the one hand, I'm not at all proud of the way the USA treats these people in their efforts to get a visa, the hoops they have to jump through, and the fees they have to pay. But on the other hand, I think we all have met people in countries like Thailand and Philippines that have a great desire to go somewhere like western Europe or the USA with a dream of working there at a (comparatively) high wage, and solving all of their (and their family's) financial problems. So it IS easy to see how the situation would quickly get out of control if allowed to.

I'll post a few visa stories I am personally aware of regarding foreigners getting into the USA, in a day or so. Got to sleep now, however.

DoingOurDuty
08-19-12, 21:30
Seems to me this is a different attitude than in the past in terms of trying overcome criticisms that US immigration policy is broken.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5654.html

Here it is I finally found it.

Also found the following:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5735.html

State department video new as of May this year.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5663.html

Never seen such a promotional video before about travel to USA (I suspect this is relatively very new and even brags about short wait times for visa approvals).

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5759.html

This article shows a table that lists the Philippines with China, india, and mexico that the above video mentioned the state department was allocating additional resources to keep up with visa processing demand. Has Philippines ever been singled out among so many other countries before now?

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY11AnnualReport-Table%20IV. Pdf.

Philippines issued about 132, 000 visas in 2011 relatively high compared to other asian countries given their relative size. Clearly China and india show larger number but they have much bigger population than PH (I need to check india population relative to PH since I'm not sure of the difference off hand).

WestCoast1
08-19-12, 23:27
Interesting stuff. I'm with you, DOD, wait and see.

One of the things that comes to mind is the difference between a traveler who visits here, and american guy's po gf. The filipine traveler who wants to see the US will come and spend money (he's the one we want). The po girl is not the one who brings money?

Starchild2012
08-20-12, 03:44
Philippines issued about 132, 000 visas in 2011 relatively high compared to other asian countries given their relative size. Clearly China and india show larger number but they have much bigger population than PH (I need to check india population relative to PH since I'm not sure of the difference off hand).
I"m from India and we are 1. 2 billion, Philippines is around 90 million, so we are more than 11 times than Philippines, US population is around 300 million, so we are 4 times America. Filipinos are the second highest immigrants to the US already behind China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_American

-If American government like the rest of the world governments does something good to its people. I'm always suspicious of the motive behind it. They will never do something good, unless it fits their long term plans.

I think they want more choas in America, they want outsiders to take jobs that Americans deserve. When I was working for a US based company. I was shocked that, many of my fellow Indians are promoted to high posts in a very short period of time which would take more than 10 years of experience which now only took 4-5. I myself got a job easily and while interacting with fellow Americans, they were more qualified than me. I did not make much of that earlier, as I was happy to work for an American company and money, greed and fun was all I could think off at that time.

However, now with more info around. I know now that its a deliberate systematic plan of American corporation to send jobs abroad and hire outsiders, and in the process make a killing with outsourced jobs. You are right. Being on the other side of hiring. I can say for sure. They deliberately do not hire qualified Americans, even if they do, they are not promoted.

- if this visa rule is true. Don't do that. In the long run it will bite you hard. As other members mentioned, when your gf lands from Asia. She will dump you for a younger version, better paying guy. America has that air which makes women grow wings. They become feminazi and she will take another of your fellow Americans job. I'm ok with that no hatred, if we Asians allowed Americans to work freely and open business in our countries like we Asians do in America.

Jambo
08-20-12, 05:09
its a deliberate systematic plan of American corporation to send jobs abroad and hire outsidersYeah well there may be other plots. Its for sure that all the, um, immigrants coming swimming over the river to get in, and their babies are sure voters for a certain political party.

What should anger educated potential immigrants that wait to get in, is that those illegals make it harder for legitimate immigrants. Their may also be a thought that educated immigrants are not as valuable to a certain political party.

The Time Magazine writer Fareed Zakaria had a good article for Newsweek talking about how the UK and Canada are snatching up good well-educated immigrants because of our policies. I thought it was an excellent piece, but of course its radically conservative.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0.9171, 2116713, 00. Html.

IMHO it works out for outsourcing. Jobs that do well overseas should be ones we don't want, at least not at those wages haha! (we should be too smart to do that)

Marconista
08-20-12, 13:59
According to a close pinay friend of mine, its easier to get tourist visa to the US compared to earlier.

This is what she sent me on YM last week:

QUOTE.

I want to share some nice news with you.

Last Tuesday, I went to the USA embassy for interview for my visa application (tourist visa) and although the consul looks quite serious, he granted me a visa!

Very happy with the fact that my application fee wasn't wasted unlike 9 yrs ago when I applied. The visa fee now is almost Php 7, 000, and I would hate myself if I didn't get approved as that I already money for grocery items.

I didn't plan of applying for a visa but my friends urged me to do so as they "hear" that the embassy is quite lenient with issuing visas now specially for tourists since their economy is down. And maybe true because this time at the embassy, while thousands wait for the interview, they play videos of "discover america". They were not active in promoting their tourism before but now they are.

My next hurdle is to be able to save some money for the trip. I will have very discounted airfare thanks to friends in the airline. Accommodation will be at friends' places.

So I need money for eating, going around & a little shopping for souvenirs. I plan to go with some friends this November in time for their thansgiving. Let's see

UNQUOTE.

This lady holds a job as an executive in the tourist industry in the RP, so I guess that helps when applying.

DoingOurDuty
08-20-12, 18:46
I think that a bf that sponsors a pinay is going to spend more money while she visits. Background checks on the bf will tell them if they suspect he'll put her to work in a massage parlor or something like that as some have suggested is the major flaw with loosening the visa standards. I don't think most guys would ever do that and I don't think it is a major consideration that would stop such a new vision of encouraging visitors from around the world to the US. I will hear within a month if the boyfriend of my friend's friend is successful at getting the travel visa. My hunch is things have finally changed.

Interesting stuff. I'm with you, DOD, wait and see.

One of the things that comes to mind is the difference between a traveler who visits here, and american guy's po gf. The filipine traveler who wants to see the US will come and spend money (he's the one we want). The po girl is not the one who brings money?

DoingOurDuty
08-20-12, 19:00
This is the kind of feedback I was hoping would be posted here. All indications seem to be that there is a new energy at US immigration to bring in more filipinos to US to visit which is why I opened this thread. I don't know if your friend got special treatment because of her employment but she did say she got denied the previous time she applied which still seems to support a new policy. The fact she describes the playing of welcome to US videos to those waiting for their appointments is consistent with what I was noticing on the US state department website about new immigration focus and she was even aware of the strategy to help stimulate a sluggish US economy.

As far as bf's being discouraged (as part of a new immigration policy if there is a new policy) to bring single pinays here as some have suggested I suspect just the opposite. Most guys wanting to bring a gf here are responsible and will make sure she does not fall into any kind of employment while she is here and will make sure she returns on time. I would guess that as far as the US state department is concerned they will especially welcome bf's bringing their gf's here on travel visa because there is no question it will help their goal of bringing more visitors here and no question those guys will be reaching much deeper into their wallets to entertain their special guests during her visit.

According to a close pinay friend of mine, its easier to get tourist visa to the US compared to earlier.

This is what she sent me on YM last week:

QUOTE.

I want to share some nice news with you.

Last Tuesday, I went to the USA embassy for interview for my visa application (tourist visa) and although the consul looks quite serious, he granted me a visa!

Very happy with the fact that my application fee wasn't wasted unlike 9 yrs ago when I applied. The visa fee now is almost Php 7, 000, and I would hate myself if I didn't get approved as that I already money for grocery items.

I didn't plan of applying for a visa but my friends urged me to do so as they "hear" that the embassy is quite lenient with issuing visas now specially for tourists since their economy is down. And maybe true because this time at the embassy, while thousands wait for the interview, they play videos of "discover america". They were not active in promoting their tourism before but now they are.

My next hurdle is to be able to save some money for the trip. I will have very discounted airfare thanks to friends in the airline. Accommodation will be at friends' places.

So I need money for eating, going around & a little shopping for souvenirs. I plan to go with some friends this November in time for their thansgiving. Let's see

UNQUOTE.

This lady holds a job as an executive in the tourist industry in the RP, so I guess that helps when applying.

Tucker McElroy
08-20-12, 20:31
This is the kind of feedback I was hoping would be posted here. All indications seem to be that there is a new energy at US immigration to bring in more filipinos to US to visit which is why I opened this thread. I don't know if your friend got special treatment because of her employment but she did say she got denied the previous time she applied which still seems to support a new policy. The fact she describes the playing of welcome to US videos to those waiting for their appointments is consistent with what I was noticing on the US state department website about new immigration focus and she was even aware of the strategy to help stimulate a sluggish US economy.

As far as bf's being discouraged (as part of a new immigration policy if there is a new policy) to bring single pinays here as some have suggested I suspect just the opposite. Most guys wanting to bring a gf here are responsible and will make sure she does not fall into any kind of employment while she is here and will make sure she returns on time. I would guess that as far as the US state department is concerned they will especially welcome bf's bringing their gf's here on travel visa because there is no question it will help their goal of bringing more visitors here and no question those guys will be reaching much deeper into their wallets to entertain their special guests during her visit.Honestly, I think you're reading more into this than we can conclude with any accuracy at this point. Look at that article link I posted yesterday (USA Today). There was no mention of any change in policy or a "new vision of encouraging visitors from around the world to the US." Haven't heard of such a policy change anywhere else in the news media. And if it is about getting more visitors to bring money into the USA, you know the Philippines would not have been at the top of the list for yielding affluent travelers. Thus, a policy change would have affected many countries and likely been reported in the news media somewhere. Not trying to rain on your parade, but as much of a political hot-potato as these things are (especially in an election year) , don't you think if there had been a real change, we'd have heard about it from either party, spun negatively or positively to suit their needs? Either "Obama is a good guy and is pumping up the economy by opening the USA to more visitors" or "Obama has relaxed visa standards, endangering Americans to possible terrorists coming here." Point is, we'd likely have heard of some kind of policy change in the media if it had actually happened.

One of the biggest things to remember is this process (of obtaining a visa) is that it has virtually no accountability from the applicant's side. The interviewer doesn't have to tell why they deny a visa or approve one, and with different applicants and different interviewers cited as examples, there are numerous variables in the process.

If you really want to help the chances of your girl getting a tourism visa, hire a visa agency that does visa applications for you. I hate the thought of spending the money on something like that, but that's what I'd do is I wanted to get a visa for a girl. Mainly for the reason that you're paying for the agency's experience, and a good one should have repeat experience at knowing what works and what doesn't; they can spot deficiencies in her app before she files, discuss what her application is lacking, coach her through the process of what is likely to happen, how the interview will likely go, etc. The way I see it, some simple or innocent mistake is going to cost you at a minimum $160 USD for a visa fee, and get a visa denial recorded. (Keep in mind, the applications ask "have you ever applied for a US visa before, and been denied?" Not sure how much weight is put on that question, but it is obviously nice to never have to answer "Yes." We've probably all experienced bueracracies ourselves at some point where nobody wanted to change a decision that had already been made.

DoingOurDuty
08-20-12, 23:07
You make good points Tucker and you could in fact be right. I started with your opinion but I'm not ready to concede yet. It does not make sense I have not heart about it before now (same as you) because I am plugged into asian news and an avid reader of our national news sources. But you can even read about the new policy on the State Department website and about their goal of increasing visitors to the US as a mean of stimulating the economy. You're right it might apply to other 3rd world countries but not PH but there is already a new special website pandering for Filipino customers. And at same time I agree with you that I would expect some commentary about this in our news because it does seem like it could be controversial. You will either be proven right or it was possible for immigration to increase visa counts without any official legislative or executive permissions and they are slowly opening up the process and the news story hasn't broken yet because it will be a non event if immigration feels certain those they're letting in do not pose a security threat. I will be the first one to agree with you if the feedback starts to confirm the familiar old normal.

Honestly, I think you're reading more into this than we can conclude with any accuracy at this point. Look at that article link I posted yesterday (USA Today). There was no mention of any change in policy or a "new vision of encouraging visitors from around the world to the US." Haven't heard of such a policy change anywhere else in the news media. And if it is about getting more visitors to bring money into the USA, you know the Philippines would not have been at the top of the list for yielding affluent travelers. Thus, a policy change would have affected many countries and likely been reported in the news media somewhere. Not trying to rain on your parade, but as much of a political hot-potato as these things are (especially in an election year) , don't you think if there had been a real change, we'd have heard about it from either party, spun negatively or positively to suit their needs? Either "Obama is a good guy and is pumping up the economy by opening the USA to more visitors" or "Obama has relaxed visa standards, endangering Americans to possible terrorists coming here." Point is, we'd likely have heard of some kind of policy change in the media if it had actually happened.

One of the biggest things to remember is this process (of obtaining a visa) is that it has virtually no accountability from the applicant's side. The interviewer doesn't have to tell why they deny a visa or approve one, and with different applicants and different interviewers cited as examples, there are numerous variables in the process.

If you really want to help the chances of your girl getting a tourism visa, hire a visa agency that does visa applications for you. I hate the thought of spending the money on something like that, but that's what I'd do is I wanted to get a visa for a girl. Mainly for the reason that you're paying for the agency's experience, and a good one should have repeat experience at knowing what works and what doesn't; they can spot deficiencies in her app before she files, discuss what her application is lacking, coach her through the process of what is likely to happen, how the interview will likely go, etc. The way I see it, some simple or innocent mistake is going to cost you at a minimum $160 USD for a visa fee, and get a visa denial recorded. (Keep in mind, the applications ask "have you ever applied for a US visa before, and been denied?" Not sure how much weight is put on that question, but it is obviously nice to never have to answer "Yes." We've probably all experienced bueracracies ourselves at some point where nobody wanted to change a decision that had already been made.

ThickTrick
01-05-13, 23:14
Just wondering if anyone has recently been successful in obtaining a visa and advice on how it can be done.

I have a gf there who owns a clothing plant with 40 employees. We would like her to come here for a visit for both personal and business reasons. So I think it could be a tourist or business visa. She is 30. Single with no kids, rents her home, has money in the bank (not sure how much) , owns her own business and has lots of family there. She is definitely marriage material, but we would like to spend some significant time together before committing to marriage. I am divorced, she has never been married.

Based on recent experience, what is the best route to get a visa and what are the chances for success?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TT

FreebieFan
03-27-13, 02:46
Just wondering if anyone has recently been successful in obtaining a visa and advice on how it can be done.

I have a gf there who owns a clothing plant with 40 employees. We would like her to come here for a visit for both personal and business reasons. So I think it could be a tourist or business visa. She is 30. Single with no kids, rents her home, has money in the bank (not sure how much) , owns her own business and has lots of family there. She is definitely marriage material, but we would like to spend some significant time together before committing to marriage. I am divorced, she has never been married.

Based on recent experience, what is the best route to get a visa and what are the chances for success?

Thanks,

TTUsed to know someone in US Embassy in Manila. They reckoned that 90% of all applications for US tourists were denied outright, due to the threat of them going TNT (look it up ).

The fact she rents her own home is going to mean her application will be denied. She has no reason to return to Phils is how it will be viewed.

The fact she is single will mean hers will be denied. Maybe she's being trafficked is how it will be viewed.

The fact that she's female, single and 30 will mean her application will be denied. As above.

We live in strange times. If she was a homeowning. 50 year old she would have a chance.

Sly One
03-27-13, 03:48
If she was a home owning. 50 year old she would have a chance.No, What you mean to say is if she was ugly, unfit and 50 years old, unfuckable, with own home in the Phillipines.

She would probably fit it with the rest of the US women.

As such the imigation and homeland security would probably give her a tourist visa.

Hoo Rah.

Sly

Tally Wacker
03-27-13, 05:35
The more you can show that she has roots in Phil and will return there the better. Visa to where USA? Thats probably the hardest country to get in to at the moment and the process is very back logged do to cutbacks in personel. Go look on the forums at the link below and see if anyone has accomplished or is looking to do the same.

www.visajourney.com

Thanks,

TT

SactoAl
03-27-13, 12:48
{/QUOTE} No, What you mean to say is if she was ugly, unfit and 50 years old, unfuckable, with own home in the Phillipines.

She would probably fit it with the rest of the US women.

As such the imigation and homeland security would probably give her a tourist visa.

Hoo Rah.

Sly[/QUOTE]Or, if she was from Mexico, she would just lie and say she is going shopping, stay illegally, work illegally, get food stamps and subsidized housing, get free medical care in hospital emergency rooms, pop out a couple of kids, and just wait for a spineless Congress to pass the next amnesty program. Welcome to America.

Pete Benetar
03-27-13, 14:17
The more you can show that she has roots in Phil and will return there the better. Visa to where USA? Thats probably the hardest country to get in to at the moment and the process is very back logged do to cutbacks in personel. Go look on the forums at the link below and see if anyone has accomplished or is looking to do the same.

www.visajourney.comVisajourney is the best site I've found for message boarding and blogging on visa issues. Britishexpats DOT com is another good website for exploring visa issues as well.

US Consulates will always be more impressed the more hard assets the visa applicant has, such as real estate, cash savings etc.

Amavida
02-16-14, 03:54

Thanks,

TTMove to the Phil's & live with her (& her extended family) for minimum 6 months.

If after that you really must ruin your life, put an alimony ring on her finger in the Phil's & start filling out forms to import her to your home country.

Australia has recently drastically increased its visa charges. This will obviously severely cut down applications. One guy I know has imported 3 and was looking at asawa number 4 when I pointed out the new charges cooling his adour pretty quickly.

AV

TomSf
02-16-14, 05:07
Move to the Phil's & live with her (& her extended family) for minimum 6 months.

If after that you really must ruin your life, put an alimony ring on her finger in the Phil's & start filling out forms to import her to your home country.

Australia has recently drastically increased its visa charges. This will obviously severely cut down applications. One guy I know has imported 3 and was looking at asawa number 4 when I pointed out the new charges cooling his adour pretty quickly.

AVIf a guy wants to ruin his life with marriage then another divorce. You don't have to go to another country to do it. There are tons of dating websites with woman who will ruin your life in your own country.

Jack Burton
09-25-15, 18:51
A good friend (pinay) in PH recently told me her sister has an appointment in Manila to get her tourist visa to visit her bf in the States.According to my source (Deep State), 90% of those entering on visitor (tourist / business) visa are male, age 18-30, and speak fluent Maguindanao.

Naked Gunz
05-08-18, 01:35
If a guy wants to ruin his life with marriage then another divorce. You don't have to go to another country to do it. There are tons of dating websites with woman who will ruin your life in your own country.Been married twice, engaged two more than that. I need to tattoo this on my forehead backwards so I can read it while looking in the mirror.

JeremyOfWSG
05-08-18, 02:18

Thanks,

TTI have a Filipina GF who was able to get a 10 year multiple entry visa to the USA where the only condition is that she has to depart twice a year once in the USA. She works for a multinational but she thought the big factor was the fact that she and I had travelled to Japan twice and HK once and had a decent job (per Filipino standards). Frankly, I was shocked when she got it, but she got it. She was very ready for her interview. Now she comes here 2 - 3 times a year.

Red Kilt
05-08-18, 02:44
Been married twice, engaged two more than that. I need to tattoo this on my forehead backwards so I can read it while looking in the mirror.I suppose you realize that you are responding to a post from September, 2015.

Naked Gunz
01-04-19, 16:36
I suppose you realize that you are responding to a post from September, 2015.Don't matter. That advice is timeless!