PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Russia

Stravinsky
12-13-12, 17:32
I created a new thread for Travel to Russia. The idea is to have a place where we can collect information specifically about travel to Russia. So, information about things like; obtaining a visa, when and how to register after you arrive, airlines, flights and air fares, and also info about how to travel within Russia. Also, info about where to stay; apartments and hotels. Discussions about where to find girl-friendly hotels should stay in the regular threads.

Prosal
12-13-12, 18:40
obtaining a visaGood thread, spasibo.

Russian visa is a pain in the ass, but the harder they make it to visit the better for those who insist. Russia is still free of sex-tourists, and that is good like that.

Stravinsky
12-14-12, 17:06
Prosal,

The Russian consulates and embassy here in the U.S. stopped accepting direct visa apps 3 or 4 years ago. All visa apps must be submitted through a separate travel agency (chosen by the Russian government, of course). This increases the cost, because the agency has to make something for itself and also the processing time, but 300 Euro and 15 days is definitely too much. But then, it's their football. . .

Putin is a little conflicted about tourism: on the one hand, he understands that he can't rely on selling natural resources forever and he wants to open up the Russian economy to foreign investment, but then, in almost the same breath, he takes the old Soviet position that Russia must protect itself from foreign influence and foreign agents.

I'm not sure if this new law is universal, or just reciprocity for the U.S. The U.S. embassy is granting 2 year visas to Russians now who visit the U.S. It will be interesting to see if the consulates in Europe will also change their visa policies. It sounds as if Paris is still issuing the old 30 day visa.

Prosal
01-07-13, 12:41
Be a french actor popular in Russia and be friend with Putin.

http://englishrussia.com/2013/01/07/famous-french-actor-becomes-russian/

Accessorily, you will then pay only 13% taxes in Russia, instead of 75% in France.

He has was offered a position of Minister of Culture of the Mordovia federal republic. Plus a house.

Lucky guy.

Prosal
01-07-13, 13:03
And in the meanwhile, for us, Mr Average, we have to wait three weeks for mere one month tourist visa. (deep sigh)

Stravinsky
01-07-13, 17:02
Be a french actor popular in Russia and be friend with Putin.Yes, it will be interesting to see how Gerard adapts to Russian life.

The 13% income tax rate is a definite attraction, but when you add the 18% VAT, the effective tax rate ends up being much higher. Although, it's still less than the U.S. Plus, my understanding is that the 75% rate in France is still not law, and it may not be. In that case, the joke's on Messr. Depardieu.

Also, not sure how cozy I'd want to get with a man (Putin) who can have you incarcerated in a moment's notice on nothing more than a whim. But, as long as Gerard stays out of politics, he should be safe.

Seems to me, the only problem he has now is: can he get a visa to enter France? ;)

Prosal
01-07-13, 17:16
Yes, it will be interesting to see how Gerard adapts to Russian life.

The 13% income tax rate is a definite attraction, but when you add the 18% VAT, the effective tax rate ends up being much higher. Although, it's still less than the USA Plus, my understanding is that the 75% rate in France is still not law, and it may not be. In that case, the joke's on Messr. Depardieu.

Also, not sure how cozy I'd want to get with a man (Putin) who can have you incarcerated in a moment's notice on nothing more than a whim. But, as long as Gerard stays out of politics, he should be safe.

Seems to me, the only problem he has now is: can he get a visa to enter France?What is funny is that he has been offered a position of Minister, but he doesn't speak Russian (smilie). As for needing visa to come back to France, I am curious to see if he will actually renounce to his french nationality as claimed he will do. IMO he would be crazy to do so.

You are right, the 75% tax on the salaries above 1 million / year, it has been delayed by the Conseil Constitutionel, but as it is one of the highlight of the new president's programm, no doubt that it will happen. Not that I care a lot, as I am (unfortunatly) not concerned (sigh).

EastGoing
01-08-13, 01:12
Hi guys,

I start by saying that I have never been to Russia personally, but I got some friends who did. One just came back yesterday. I have been "trying" more than once in the past, last time being around 2005, but I always gave up due to troubles with visa, accommodations, obligation to declare all details of your movements to officers, prices getting bigger and bigger, etc. My desire would have roughly been something like one week in Moscow and one in St. Petersburg in a single trip, but the obstacles always made me quit: I don't want to spend a fortune, I don't know anyone to invite me (my friends had girls or company providing invitation) and I would like to change place if I don't like it without having to get crazy over searches, officers, laws I don't know, etc. I happened to read this thread today because I wanted to try again after the return of my friend. I spent the evening on.

www.booking.com

Looking for accommodations, the only affordable ones are hostels, most with toilet in common, some of them stating they won't be of help with the visa! Not to talk about the complications of flying to an airport and coming back from another one, plus the internal flight! For this last problem I can sort out by going to only one of the 2 cities, but the other disadvantages still remain. I think I'll end up choosing easier destinations, as usual! Also standards, costs and the ratio with an average salary will probably kill my desire to add Russia to my Risiko collection, also Cuba underwent this destiny: how can can I fork out tens, hundreds of dollars over there when even teachers and doctors live on. 3? 5? 10 dollars a month? In Russia, if I'm not mistaken, the lower salary now is 130 euros. 10 years ago was about 20 dollars, anyway maybe now I'm too late for my standards, budgets and opinions, but still I hope some day I'll put my feet up there.

However I wouldn't say that in Russia there is not sexual tourism, I'd reckon more correct to say that there is going to be less than before, maybe less and less, especially compared to the past. I think there must have been some from 1989 until some years ago, because life and (more important) girls were cheap and easy: you could get many girls, beautiful or stunning, for little money, this being common in all FSU countries. Problem was just the visa.

Time passing by, prices have gone higher and higher (also referred to girls) , Moscow is now one of the most expensive cities on earth, in spite of its inhabitants' average income and conditions of life, and visa and related rules are still a problem, probably nowadays these factors put together keep the average monger away. I would add that there are many Russian girls "working" abroad, so you don't need to travel there to get one, especially if they're going to charge you as much or more than what they charge you out of Russia!

If I'm saying bullshit I'll be pleased to read corrections and proper infos and advices.

Cheers

Prosal
01-08-13, 11:59
CheersSeems like you look for reasons for NOT going to Russia rather than for going. (rolleyes)

The best answer to your post is this brilliant piece of writing of Borderland:

The happiest days of my life happen like this:

It's 4:30 am and you're woken by the Provodnitsa knocking on your kupe door,"dvadsat minut" she says. You stir and jump down from your bunk trying not to disturb the sleeping passengers in your compartment. You look out the window and see the lights in the distance of your approaching destination which is a provincial city deep in the heart of Russia that you've chosen to visit purely because you think no other foreigners would. It's black outside and snowing hard. You fold up your 'roll' on the bunk and get dressed in the warmth of the compartment. As the train nears the station you get your bag and move out into the corridor where other bleary eyed passengers stand with their luggage, boxes, kids. The train pulls to a stop and the Provodnitsa dressed in her long coat opens the door and drops the steps. We all shuffle along to eject ourselves from the womb of the train and out into a cold that will momentarily shock you as it hits you, like jumping into the cold pool after a banya. Taxi drivers in leather caps will surround you asking you where you're going (how do they instinctively know you're foreign?). You'll look at your Provodnitsa, the only link to civilization that you know, a surrogate mother who fussed over you on the journey and you'll want to get back on board the train where everything is warm and orderly. But you don't, instead you wish her "Vsevo haroshevo" and head off with the others over the tracks and to the terminal building. Inside is a sea of bleary eyed people and cold stares, men asleep on top of heating vents, a family surrounded by stacks of luggage. You go out into the cold to find a taxi. The best are not the touts but the quiet guys who wait patiently in their cars at the back of the car park."Gostinitsa" you say and negotiate a price, which is made difficult by the fact you've no idea where you are or how far you're going. Eventually you arrive at an old Soviet monolith in the centre of town and realize that the taxi driver didn't rip you off at all, you're definitely not in Moscow anymore. You go in and enter another world from the one you left behind in London just a few days ago, you're back in the 1970's, no 'remonted' lobby, just a big marble clad monstrosity. You walk past the two security guards in their black suits and study their faces trying to decipher if they will be 'girl friendly'. At the reception you will meet your first devushka, she'll be happily surprised by the presence of a foreigner in the hotel. You try not to register the shock of hearing the rediculous price for a room and hand her your passport. As she fills in a form you'll notice two clocks behind her, one showing local time and one showing Moscow time and you'll know you really are somewhere in deepest Russia. As the pretty receptionist gives you your key and explains the times of breakfast you know you'll have to make a play for her at some point in the trip, it's what you do. You get to your room and open it with trepidation: inside is a noisy fridge, threadbare carpet a hard looking bed and t. V. $80! You'll think. You have a wash and crash out to the sound of Russian MTV.

After a couple of hours you wake. You flick on the kettle and open the curtains to a snowy cityscape of kruschovka apartment blocks, kiosks and distant power stations. There are a few cars slowly navigating the icy road, people wait for a trolleybus in long leather coats and hats. It just looks so unwelcoming, the people so cold, the atmosphere so brutal compared to home. And then it begins, the first doubts, the first questions "what am I doing here on my own?","why did I come?","what if I don't meet anyone?","what if the women are unresponsive?","why didn't I stay in Moscow?","why did I come to Russia?" It's classic fight or flight but these are the moments you live for on these trips. And as you take your first sip of coffee you scan the city view again and remind yourself of a few facts. You remind yourself that you've been in these situations before and succeeded, that there is a city of stunning women waiting to be charmed by you, that the devs here have had the fantasy of being whisked away from it all by a dashing lothario since they began msturbating and you're here to full-fill that fantasy. You remind yourself that after your first approach all the nerves will dissipate as if by magic only to be replaced by the familiar excitement of meeting women of incredible beauty. It's time to go to work. And so you blast out the MTV and prepare yourself, shower, dressed, shot of vodka.

You descend in the elevator to the hotel lobby. As you approach the reception you notice that the pretty receptionist from earlier has been replaced by an even hotter one. She smiles warmly, she knows who you are, she's been told. You smile and as you hand in your key you engage in small talk, asking her about the town, what to do, where to go. And then as you say bye and turn to leave, U-turn back to her as though you just remembered something as an after thought and deliver the line you have used time and again,"why don't you put your number in my phone, just in case I get lost or something". She will smile knowingly then take your phone and insert her number. You've just number closed the first dev of the trip and it feels good. As U-turn with a smile of satisfaction the security guard will give you an unfriendly look which says "I've been trying to get her number for 6 months motherfucker". You walk outside and the town that an hour ago seemed so intimidating is now a town of friendly possibilities. You are in 'The Provinces'.

Bimbo Boy
01-08-13, 16:31
Yes, it will be interesting to see how Gerard adapts to Russian life.

The 13% income tax rate is a definite attraction, but when you add the 18% VAT, the effective tax rate ends up being much higher. Although, it's still less than the USA Plus, my understanding is that the 75% rate in France is still not law, and it may not be. In that case, the joke's on Messr. Depardieu.The problem is that it is 13% income tax, plus 50% of anything you earn for "protection".

There is no escape: they can see your bank account.

EastGoing
01-08-13, 19:13
Prosal, I agree, LOL! After reading what I wrote I thought the same thing! To be honest, I still hope to manage, I hope I'll find precious and useful infos, also in this thread, there is still time, I would go in summer. It's just that, while I was writing, all the troubles I had been through about this trip in the past gathered in my mind, pratically I was talking to myself, the side in favour of the trip and the side against. But I see my final conclusions have not been questioned, which means they are not too wrong.

I don't want to go as far as Borderline, whose nice romantic novel unfortunately wasn't finished. I don't have time enough and I already consider every trip an adventure, plus I'm not too keen on non pros, I just want it straight, not only for laziness but also for reasons of results,"efficiency", time, etc.

What I meant was that you can find stunners, Russian or not, in many places, so it's the overall effort to reach them that makes the difference. My first time in Ukraine was in 1999, I remember dealing for one dollar out of 14, my last time was in 2001, I was asked from 30 to 50 dollars, when I read the threads now, I'm glad I already cast the flag over there and I don't even think of going there anymore. Anyway, I promise I'll do what I can to fulfill my desire to add a flag by conquering Russia!

Stravinsky
01-09-13, 02:14
But I see my final conclusions have not been questioned, which means they are not too wrong.EG,

Sorry to tell you, but your best chance to visit Russia was probably in 2005. There are a lot of guys who will argue this, but the Golden Age of mongering in Russia is over. Doesn't mean Russia isn't still full of gorgeous babes and plenty of opportunities to meet them, but you will have to work a lot harder and pay a lot more, for everything. A lot has changed in the last 12-odd years. The typical salary for a professional person, living and working in Moscow, is the same, or maybe more, than in the USA or Western Europe.

I imagine that you are like most Western tourists: know nothing about Russian culture or history and don't speak a word of Russian. That said, probably best to start with a trip to Moscow. There are more opportunites there to meet women for sex and it's a city that is more accustomed to accommodating foreigners.

Your best bet is to forget about the hotels and stay in an apartment. Moscow-star. Com is a reliable apartment rental agency that caters to Western tourists. You should be able to get a nice apartment with an excellent location in the center of town for around $200 a night, maybe less. They can also help with all of your visa processing needs and registration once you are there, if you need to do that.

Of course, if you don't speak Russian, you will be relegated to the clubs that cater to foreigners, places like Hot Dog's and the dreaded (gulp) Night Flight. Aurora 911 is another club to try. You may be limited by your lack of Russian, but the strip club format is pretty much a no-brainer: you pays your money and you makes your choice. Just grab the girl and head for the room. I believe the Penthouse Club also has sex-on-premises.

There can be some real stunners in Night Flight and Aurora 911, and depending on the night, the selection, your own character, personality and negotiating skills, you should expect to pay anywhere from 300 to 500 USD an hour (or 2) of disinterested service. Hot Dog's is a little cheaper, but the selection will not be as good, plus you will have to put up with the surly bartenders.

A week in Moscow, staying in an apartment, buying groceries at the local supermarket and cooking in your kitchen, plus 1 girl a night at any of the above clubs should run you about 5, 000 USD, all-in. Of course, you could spend 2x, or 3x, or 4x that amount, without even a thought. You could also spend less, but I wouldn't advise it.

So, I think that's everything you need to know about mongering in Russia. Now you have a choice: you can arise now and go to Russia, or you can spend the rest of your life wondering why you never went.

The choice is yours.

счастливо

EastGoing
01-09-13, 05:39
[QUOTE=Stravinsky; 1371010]Sorry to tell you, but your best chance to visit Russia was probably in 2005. There are a lot of guys who will argue this, but the Golden Age of mongering in Russia is over. The choice is yours.

I fully agree with you, Strav. Russia has become a country for wealthy tourists or money-splashers. I haven't even bothered to read Russia threads knowing that I would lose the will to even only try. With 5000$ I can afford many holidays, great time and little or no hassle. There is no city and no accommodation on earth I'd pay 200$ a night in the same way as I'd never (or nearly never) pay a girl 500$ for 1 or 2 hours, especially when I could have had them for a ridiculous amount. I already exposed here my considerations about Ukraine and Cuba, I can add that I'll go to Germany in a couple of months, and I think I'll go only once in a FKK, just to see what they are like by my own eyes, I can't imagine to fork out 80 euros just to enter and not touch a girl yet! Instead, I'll head to flatrate clubs or normal P4P places. This just to give you a clue of my "maximizing mentality" about investing money for getting laid.

You guessed right about my knowledges of culture and language, very close to absolute zero, I can hardly "read" cyrillic (another obstacle) , and I only know a few phrases. But I'd love to visit Russia for itself and for my "collection", not just for mongering, which I can do indeed without going up there. Furthermore, I have already laid many Russian girls out of their motherland.

Since it seems too tough to do everything alone, I considered two alternative solutions:

1) Travel agencies. The last time I tried, in 2005, there were travel agencies offering to group tourists 7, maybe even 10 days, flight + accommodation + city visits for close to 2000 euros, which I judged too expensive, and still would have to budget for girls. I'll check some to see updated offers;

2) In summertime there are cruise ships in the Baltic Sea, I may not get acquainted with Russian culture and living, but I would have the possibility to put my flag on the land, in Saint Petersburg, and during my visit I might even score a girl, obviously for an acceptable price!

I don't know when, I don't know how, but I'm sure that soon or later, in a way that I'll reckon "fair", I will!

As of now, thanks for your infos and suggestions. Carry on posting useful stuff.

Pribet (couldn't manage to get cyrillic letters posted)

Prosal
01-09-13, 11:14
Your best bet is to forget about the hotels and stay in an apartment. Moscow-star. Com is a reliable apartment rental agency that caters to Western tourists. You should be able to get a nice apartment with an excellent location in the center of town for around $200 a night, maybe less.Airbnb is IMO a better option (and more humanly priced) that has made the rental agencies outdated (whatever the destination). Owners seem all aware of the registration process, and most even offer to help for the invitation. I had to cancel my January trip to Ekaterinburg but made a reservation through Airbnb, very simple process. And when I cancelled, I had a full refund (minus fees).

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Russia--Moscow

Prosal
01-09-13, 13:22
[QUOTE=Stravinsky; 1371010]With 5000$ I can afford many holidays, great time and little or no hassle.With 5000 us$ you can spend one month to live like a king in Tashkent (accommodation, fine dinners, multiples drinks in strip bars and clubs every night, daily P4P, ect). Granted, this is not Russia, but it's still FSU.

Stravinsky
01-09-13, 20:49
Airbnb is IMO a better option (and more humanly priced) that has made the rental agencies outdatedYou're right, there are a lot of ways to rent a perfectly nice apartment in Moscow for half the price, but. . . None of these apartments will be located on Tverskaya, across the street from Night Flight, around the corner from Fantasys and within stumbling distance of Aurora 911.

For you and me, it's not a problem. But someone who can't even read the street signs will need all the help they can get.

Jake993
01-10-13, 13:21
A lot has changed in the last 12-odd years. The typical salary for a professional person, living and working in Moscow, is the same, or maybe more, than in the USA or Western Europe.Strav,

I have to take issue with ONLY this point. Salaries in Moscow are still significantly below those of similar professionals working in Western Europe and certainly America. And clerical staff? Forget-about-it. Very low by Western standards. Rents and food are about the same as they have been over the past few years making Moscow one of the most expensive places to live. Just an FYI.

Jake

Stravinsky
01-10-13, 21:14
Jake,

You are the man-on-the-ground in Moscow, so I will defer to your experience. I'm sure you are right about the average office or clerical worker.

My info comes from personal friends and associates who live and work in Moscow. These are people who own their own business or manage a business and, from what they tell me, they are doing as well as anyone here in the U.S., maybe better. Of course, that's not saying much, nowadays.

And while rents may not have increased, the cost of buying an apartment in Moscow is absolutely amazing, IMHO. Tiny little apartments. 50/60 sq. Meters, are going for 200 to 300K USD. And this is outside the MKAD. The prices only go up as you get closer to the center.

So, it seems to me that a lot really has changed in the last 12 years. Be that as it may, I'm sure we can both agree: the days when you could impress a Moscow girl by buying her a "Tveeks" bar are long gone and are never coming back. :(

Stravinsky
01-10-13, 21:40
Russia has become a country for wealthy tourists or money-splashers. I haven't even bothered to read Russia threads knowing that I would lose the will to even only try.EG,

This is sort of true, and it sort of isn't.

A good part of that $5, 000 is what I call the "tourist premium". If you speak no Russian, or perhaps more correctly, if you have no interest in speaking Russian, then your options will be limited and you will have to pay a significant premium to provide the accommodation you need to be comfortable while you are in Moscow.

However...

Moscow is a galaxy of sexual possibilities. If you can speak a little Russian, then it's something akin to stepping through the looking glass, into a whole 'nother world that is invisible to most tourists. And I'm not talking about reading Война и Мир (War and Peace).

If you can carry on a simple phone conversation, and can find your way into a salon like Fantasys or Charmel, then you will find women of the same quality at Aurora 911 or Night Flight for a fraction of the price. And if you can navigate your way through a website like sextalk.ru or intimcity.nl, then you can find women for less than what you will pay at an FKK in Germany.

In any event, you should visit Russia, sex or no sex. It's a beautiful, fascinating country and culture, absolutely unique. I have always wanted to take one of the river cruises from Piter to Moscow. You will have 3 or 4 days in each city, with the onus of visas and registration on someone else's head. Plus, on the way, you will stop in places that most tourists will never see. Who knows what you will find there?

If I only had the time. (sigh)

счастливо

Prosal
01-10-13, 21:50
And while rents may not have increased, the cost of buying an apartment in Moscow is absolutely amazing, IMHO. Tiny little apartments. 50/60 sq. Meters, are going for 200 to 300K USD. And this is outside the MKAD. The prices only go up as you get closer to the center.Don't know about the prices outside the Ring Road, but inside it's more like 10 000 us$/square meter, and up to 20 000-25 000 us$/square meter for high-end buildings and prime location.

EastGoing
01-11-13, 05:05
strav,

i finally bothered to read some pages of a few russia threads. i've read posts of you and monsieur prosal already saying, in march 2011, two years ago, that russia had got too expensive and stuff like that, including a former referement to the recently mentioned here tashkent. i also learnt that in saint petersburg normally you get covered bj! i'm speechless! for that much money also! i don't know if i must laugh or weep!

i agree on the value of visiting russia, it has always been a dream to fulfill for me, but i'm wondering if, how and for how much i will ever lay a russian girl in her own country. i've read the reports of a spanish guy, about one week in both moscow and stpb, and zero score! lol! could i tolerate that? probably an organized tour from an agency, or a cruise, would also help me to "find an excuse" for not scoring, due to short time available to be there, and even less to be alone. to make you laugh, i "declared" poland a place mongers should avoid for much less, my reports from there were a mixture of disillusion and desperation, i didn't expect it to be so bad, and know i'm still planning to go to russia inspite of already knowing the overwhelming difficulties and the sure total failure of the mission, at least mongering-related. as i wrote previously, my russian is pratically an absolute zero. i don't want to hire interpreters, nor to pay outrageous (adjective properly used by prosal when talking abot the cost of his visa) prices for a girl (it's against my principles before than against my wallet) , an accommodation or whatever else, so my chances to comply with my "obligations" are really low, not only referring to mongering.

about cruises, i was thinking to one in the baltic sea, just to see more places in one go and have the chance to put the flag on the "motherland". in the past i had discharged the cruises from moscow to stpb (or viceverse) because i thought i would have had many troubles for hunting and scoring, which at that time was the main purpose of the trip. but now that i've reached the peace of mind, heart and (unfortunately) dick about sex on the russian field i'll give this option priority in my searches, even if i remember that this was (i'm not updated) by far more expensive. not joking, one day, in a probably far future, i'd like to take the transiberian train from moscow to vladivostok, another "russian dream" i've always had.

thanks for your kind attention

Prosal
01-11-13, 17:14
Tiny little apartments. 50/60 sq. Meters, are going for 200 to 300K USD. And this is outside the MKAD. The prices only go up as you get closer to the center.Just for the record.

Accidentaly, I bumped today on an article that said that the cheapest apartment sold in 2012 in Moscow was a 22 square meters studio, located Khimki prospect, very near the Ring Road and near the metro Skhodnenskaïa, at a price of 3, 5 millions rubles (which is about 86 000 €, so about 4 000 € per square meter).

Jake993
01-11-13, 17:53
I agree on the value of visiting Russia, it has always been a dream to fulfill for me, but I'm wondering if, how and for how much I will ever lay a Russian girl in her own country. I've read the reports of a spanish guy, about one week in both Moscow and STPB, and zero score! LOL!EG,

So much depends on attitude. If you come to Moscow with the idea that you are going to have sex with a runway model for $100, then don't bother coming to Moscow. Not going to happen. In fact, if you are going to come to Moscow for a "sex vacation", save your money. Far better places to go in terms of value for $$$. Having said that, the chances of "laying a Russian girl in her own country" (as you put it) are excellent if you are willing to invest a little time and effort. Moscow is a large city of 16+ million people where the ratio of "fuckable" women is clearly in our favor. It has got to be the "one night stand" capital of world. OK, maybe that's a bit of a ridiculous statement. But Moscow gals have to be some of the most sexually liberated and open minded women anywhere. If you read these pages, pay particular attention to the exploits of our dearly departed comrade, Dr. Skank (I don't mean dead, I just mean departed from this board) who made an art form of screwing Moscow chicks. And I am not talking about prostitutes, I mean "normal" girls. Not that there's anything wrong with pros, it's just that if you are intent on pros, Moscow is the WRONG CITY in terms of value for $$$$.

Don't give up on the dream, just temper your expectations. I know that's easy for me to say because I live here, but every city has it's "secret code", you just need to figure out what works for you. And the only way to do that, I am afraid, is to come here and give it a try.

Jake

Prosal
01-11-13, 19:38
Not joking, one day, in a probably far future, I'd like to take the Transiberian train from Moscow to Vladivostok, another "Russian dream" I've always had.My dream-trip also, but with stops of three to ten days in each interesting city crossed. Which means a three-months journey. (smile)

I think that people who do the route "directly" (just with a few stops) do it with an underlying wish to brag about the fact that they traveled this distance, as a priori little of the route between Moscow and Vladivostok is stunning scenery, save Baikal and Ural.

Anyway there is some 90 possible stops (count at least two scheduled dates, therefore fucks, per stop). Lingering, exploring and roaming this route must be a FABULOUS trip. I would kill for the chance to do it.

EastGoing
01-12-13, 03:08
Thanks for your advice, Jake.

I already understood that a trip, also as short as 7-10-14 days maximum, to Russia is not good value for money, especially for mongering, for the overall actually, as far as I'm concerned. The thing I mind first, about my holidays, is the cost, then the ratio with sex, obviously with as beautiful as possible girls (in my likes Eastern Europeans) , and then the easiness of the mission. Russia busts up by far all my parameters, it was quite tough in the past, it's hopeless now. I "missed the train" many years ago, postponing too much. Now I'm definitely aware and ready to cancel the mongering purpose, but still want to visit it somewhere somehow. It would be the first holiday of my life non-sex-oriented, maybe I'm aging, LOL.

Currently I'm busy planning this year's trips, all in "easy" and reasonably cheap places (apart from Germany) , I do all the work by myself (accommodations, flights, etc.). Eventually I'll check about cruises and travel agencies for Russia, I know I'll need to book in advance of maybe 2-3 months, but summertime is still far. I got some 3-4 trips scheduled before the supposed Russian one, so I must take care of their organization first, because they are "sure to happen", the "dream" might slip again into second line and undefined future. When I have news about the "research" I'll post.

Cheers

EastGoing
01-14-13, 19:41
Guys, I'm so excited! The "dream" will come true! Yesterday I made all the researches, today I made all the phone-calls, tomorrow I'll start the whole procedure: rivercruise including 3 days in Moscow and 4 in Saint-Petersburg, total 12 days. Single cabin, flight, visa, all for about 1800 euros. With the money I'll save out of mongering it's more than free! LOL! Anyway, if I can find time and energy, I'll try at least 1 shot in the 2 big cities (moral obbligation). I can't wait! Bloody forum doesn't allow more than one punctuation mark, I would have filled the page!

Aziat
01-14-13, 19:57
Guys, I'm so excited! The "dream" will come true! Yesterday I made all the researches, today I made all the phone-calls, tomorrow I'll start the whole procedure: rivercruise including 3 days in Moscow and 4 in Saint-Petersburg, total 12 days. Single cabin, flight, visa, all for about 1800 euros. With the money I'll save out of mongering it's more than free! LOL! Anyway, if I can find time and energy, I'll try at least 1 shot in the 2 big cities (moral obbligation). I can't wait! Bloody forum doesn't allow more than one punctuation mark, I would have filled the page!If it is summer moscitoes will eat you alive.

Stravinsky
01-15-13, 02:43
мол-о-дец о-гур-ец! (Jolly Good Fellow!)

Of course, we will be waiting to read your reports. . . :)

EastGoing
01-20-13, 19:15
Prosal,

Waiting for the "second dream" to come true, start watching this:

http://www.google.ru/intl/ru/landing/transsib/en.html

I don't have a clue about how it may work with stops and the rest,"luckily" I don't have 90 or 180 girls waiting for me, and I agree that most of people who did it just did it to brag about, probably without doing the most of it. Anyway, let's go step by step, maybe one day we'll make it together, LOL, so far I still have to manage for my Volga cruise. And I found out that I must survive mosquitos! LOL!

Borderland
02-01-13, 22:49
I have joined the debate a little late but what I will say is that prices for everything in the provinces are very reasonable and so for the guys who want the Russian experience but feel they missed the boat and don't want to spend Moscow prices then go and seek out your Arcadia because it is waiting for the intrepid. The problem is you really need conversational Russian to get the most out of it. It can be done without knowing the language but you'll get into more adventures, especially nocturnal ones with it. I'm not big into pro's to be honest but I have dabbled when I have failed with regular girls. The girls in the provinces are available for not a lot for the hour but you need to know how to do it. The problem is the way to find a pro in the provinces is through a taxi driver. Every taxi driver knows girls and will arrange them so it's not an issue. The problem is he will want his cut as no doubt will the pimp / dispatcher. So the fact is you have to pay the full rate the first time. This can be anything up to $80 depending on how much they think they can get out of you and then the apartment rental for the hour which will be over the top. The key is that when you bang the girl in the apartment you have to get her number off of her, some will give it, some won't, most will however if you tell them you will be in town for a while and want to repeat. You have to use some game though to pull it off as they might be taking a risk if found out. Once you have her personal number you are in. Then you will get the lowest price because nobody needs a cut. You can expect to pay $40 for an hour. Something else to bare in mind is that the girls are not the model types you find in Moscow clubs. They are usually just average looking chicks trying to make some cash, not necessarily anything hotter then you get back home to be honest. However they make up for that with usually good attitudes and often enjoy the chance to meet and screw a well turned out foreigner. If you play it right you can get her to introduce you to more of her semi-pro friends who want to make a few extra $. The thing is that that opportunity is found in off the beaten track towns. Irkutsk, Nizhny, Ufa, E'katburg etc. Is not off the track. You need to get off the train at nondescript stations in the middle of the night having no idea what you will find there. Sometimes there is a restaurant and a place to stay and sometimes you end up knocking on a babushka's door asking to sleep on her sofa. Sometimes you have a total wasted journey and sometimes you strike a little vein of gold. The problem though is it is pretty brutal especially for the solo traveller. You have to be a masochist to put up with it. You step off the train onto a platform of Gopniks with hard stares and you ask yourself why the fuck you came. I've pulled into provincial hell holes at 2 am, looked out the window at some industrial hell hole and my legs have been shaking with adrenalin, my internal dialogue begging me not to get off the train. However you force yourself out into the cold and within an hour you have usually managed to find a place to sleep and your mind is already making plans for the debauchery that lays ahead.

Udachi.

Gergiev
02-02-13, 02:41
The thing is that that opportunity is found in off the beaten track towns. Irkutsk, Nizhny, Ufa, E'katburg etc. Is not off the track.

You need to get off the train at nondescript stations in the middle of the night having no idea what you will find there. Sometimes there is a restaurant and a place to stay and sometimes you end up knocking on a babushka's door asking to sleep on her sofa. Sometimes you have a total wasted journey and sometimes you strike a little vein of gold. The problem though is it is pretty brutal especially for the solo traveller. You have to be a masochist to put up with it. You step off the train onto a platform of Gopniks with hard stares and you ask yourself why the fuck you came.

I've pulled into provincial hell holes at 2 am, looked out the window at some industrial hell hole and my legs have been shaking with adrenalin, my internal dialogue begging me not to get off the train. However you force yourself out into the cold and within an hour you have usually managed to find a place to sleep and your mind is already making plans for the debauchery that lays ahead.Great description there, Borderland.

But do you mean arriving entirely 'cold' at 2am with no prior contact over the Internet with any lady or hotel?

I've done a little bit of this but usually arrive earlier in the day/evening and at the least have a place to stay organised.

Not even our old friend Bez or many of the hardy regulars on this site would contemplate this kind of endurance challenge! :)

Borderland
02-02-13, 10:48
Great description there, Borderland.

But do you mean arriving entirely 'cold' at 2am with no prior contact over the Internet with any lady or hotel?

I've done a little bit of this but usually arrive earlier in the day / evening and at the least have a place to stay organised.

Not even our old friend Bez or many of the hardy regulars on this site would contemplate this kind of endurance challenge! .Yes I don't use internet dating sites. I have nothing against them and know they cut out much of the leg work it's just that for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me (also I don't like giving the girl all the power ). As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areas. Again for the same reason that I never search google images of a town before I arrive, I like the not knowing. I can't tell you what a relief it can be when you are in the ass end of Mordovia or Komi and see an old run down Soviet hotel in the distance. It's like a castaway seeing a ship on the horizon. I don't know, I think the reason I can do it is because I can find beauty in the ugliness. I don't visit just for women, I have an interest in the country and it's architecture so I get a kick out of visiting an old stolovaya or un-remonted hotel that shows signs of it's Soviet past. If I did not have those constant little heart lifting moments every day I could never do it, the hardness of the place would crush me.

Prosal
02-02-13, 12:06
for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me+1. I also prefer to leave without pre-contacts. It's definitely more fun and more exalting. When you travel, it's the unexpected that gives you thrills. That said, it requires a dose of self-confidence and a thirst of aventure that most guys don't have.

Stravinsky
02-02-13, 19:59
As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areasHow do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

Typically, you must state what city you will visit in advance. What do you say on your visa app? Do you tell them Moscow, and then just take off for the provinces?

How do hotels react when you show up in the middle of the night, without a reservation. Is that a problem? Will they register you in that city? Or do you just hope that no one asks for your documenti?

Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.

Borderland
02-02-13, 20:44
How do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

Typically, you must state what city you will visit in advance. What do you say on your visa app? Do you tell them Moscow, and then just take off for the provinces?

How do hotels react when you show up in the middle of the night, without a reservation. Is that a problem? Will they register you in that city? Or do you just hope that no one asks for your documenti?

Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.The visa situation has not been a problem so far. I put Moscow and the name of some cities in the general area of where my trip will take me (I may or may not actually visit those cities on a trip) and have had no problems. Hotels are happy to have me and my money and register me without trouble. Having said this I have so far never been to the Russian Caucus republics so I don't know how I would be received down there. I know some towns have restrictions or need to be listed on the visa (I think Rostov and Pyatigorsk and Mineralnaya Vody are southern towns which have some restrictions ).

What I will advise however as a good way to go about things and a comfortable compromise in the provincial areas is to base yourself in a decent city, somewhere with decent places to eat,a decent apartment to rent,good nightlife etc. and then use that as a base to explore the more off the track towns. That way you can dip in and out of hellish towns ( they are usually not hellish at all in fairness and actually quite pleasant ) when you want whilst still having a comfy enough home base.

Monsoon64
02-05-13, 00:37
First trip to Russia and am already excited. Will stay in Petroff Palace for 3 nights and then need to find an apartment. Is it easy to visit an agency whilst in Moscow. I guess there must be loads of places for rent in the summer.am quite to ride the Metro.

Apart from women I am going for the world athletics championships. It's on for 9 days.got the fever visiting the Olympics here in London. But we're I paid £450 for one prime seat in London (rip off).I have bought 2 tickets for all 9 days. Day and night- costing me a mammoth total of £132 and I got to choose my seats. Who said Moscow is all bad. I aim to meet mamba housewives, divorcees in the 35 to 55 age group! Any advice on clubs for the more mature lady?

Gergiev
02-09-13, 06:18
Yes I don't use internet dating sites. I have nothing against them and know they cut out much of the leg work it's just that for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me (also I don't like giving the girl all the power ). As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areas. Again for the same reason that I never search google images of a town before I arrive, I like the not knowing. I can't tell you what a relief it can be when you are in the ass end of Mordovia or Komi and see an old run down Soviet hotel in the distance. It's like a castaway seeing a ship on the horizon. I don't know, I think the reason I can do it is because I can find beauty in the ugliness. I don't visit just for women, I have an interest in the country and it's architecture so I get a kick out of visiting an old stolovaya or un-remonted hotel that shows signs of it's Soviet past. If I did not have those constant little heart lifting moments every day I could never do it, the hardness of the place would crush me.Hats off, Borderland, I have to confess to loving the spirit involved here.

I used to travel in a similar vein but for financial reasons these days, I prefer to use the Interweb to sort out the best value accommodation deal that I'm happy with.

Sometimes I'll wing it but I definitely wouldn't chance arriving at that hour with no advance booking.

But I love the concept and also the philosophical description you provide above.

Like Prosal and yourself, I also like to travel without any particular female contacts and take my chances in local hostelries, etc, but with some knowledge of the local bordello or whatever in my kitbag as back-up...

Gergiev
02-09-13, 06:25
How do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.Hi Strav,

The whole itinerary business on the visa is a sham and everyone knows it so there are no consequences for either breaking it or amending it.

It's a hangover from the old communist-era system which involved actual itineraries with no deviation.

The system was maintained really as another money-making racket and layer of bureaucracy, as you must purchase these bogus invitations from 'officially accredited' agencies or pay a premium on your hotel accommodation for the privilege.

Even registration is almost a non-issue these days as it is the responsibility of your host and now only after 7 business days, so if you're moving around, then you have very little to worry about.

So - publish and be damned!

EastGoing
02-09-13, 19:31
Since I planned to have at least 7-8 travels abroad this year, I contacted a couple of insurance companies to cover me for the whole year against the very most of the problems, if not all, that may occur, one even includes 1000 euros in case of hijacking! Obviously cancellation trips and health concerns are reasonably, if not fully, covered. The travel agent told me that the Russian consulate or whoever grants the visa wanted me to make another insurance from them, because they want one just for my stay up there, my own covers more and longer, so it's not good! So I'll be covered by two companies! Sounds just like one more wallet squeeze, should be some 25 euros expense.

Guntherus
02-09-13, 20:56
Since I planned to have at least 7-8 travels abroad this year, I contacted a couple of insurance companies to cover me for the whole year against the very most of the problems, if not all, that may occur, one even includes 1000 euros in case of hijacking! Obviously cancellation trips and health concerns are reasonably, if not fully, covered. The travel agent told me that the Russian consulate or whoever grants the visa wanted me to make another insurance from them, because they want one just for my stay up there, my own covers more and longer, so it's not good! So I'll be covered by two companies! Sounds just like one more wallet squeeze, should be some 25 euros expense.A sociate of mine discovered in his insurance that in case of being hijacked, he will get daily allowance money from the insurance company. He was not sure if this was to cover costs of food and lodgings by the hijackers, in any case he could not see how to transfer the allowance or claim it for himself. But I guess this is irresponsible discussion.

EastGoing
02-10-13, 03:59
Roll Buzz,

Well, I thought the same thing, I wondered similar questions too. I posted that info for fellow mongers to have a laughter, the real point was the curiosity to know if also other travellers had had the same request. I was to specify it when I posted, but I was in a hurry and anyway I thought it was obvious, apart from being funny. However, just to make it clear, I wrote "one includes", I didn't choose or ask for such a cover, it was given, included, like when you buy a car it has got many things given, you didn't ask for ashtray, clock, etc. And companies will not give you 20 euros back because you don't smoke, have your own watch and don't need theirs, right?

We all know that this world is full of nonsenses, if I don't make confusion with the destination, I think it was USA, once or twice in my past I had to fill forms on the airplane, where I was asked questions more or less like: "are you coming for killing" or "are you a terrorist?", I don't imagine the quotient of intelligence of those who thought about asking passengers such questions, and I wait for your opinion about how many answered "yes". (smilie)

Now, hoping I didn't look too much more stupid than I actually am, if someone wants to answer the real point.

Cheers

Jonners
02-10-13, 15:22
East. This is the first time I have heard of the Russian consulate asking you to buy travel insurance through them. I have had a lot of visas over the years including tourist and business and each time the Russian visa service in my country have been happy with normal travel insurance. A number of times I have just put down the 'free' travel insurance that comes with amex. Had no problems. So either the travel agent is looking to make more money out of you or someone at the consulate is.

Since I planned to have at least 7-8 travels abroad this year, I contacted a couple of insurance companies to cover me for the whole year against the very most of the problems, if not all, that may occur, one even includes 1000 euros in case of hijacking! Obviously cancellation trips and health concerns are reasonably, if not fully, covered. The travel agent told me that the Russian consulate or whoever grants the visa wanted me to make another insurance from them, because they want one just for my stay up there, my own covers more and longer, so it's not good! So I'll be covered by two companies! Sounds just like one more wallet squeeze, should be some 25 euros expense.

Stravinsky
02-10-13, 20:56
The whole itinerary business on the visa is a sham and everyone knows it so there are no consequences for either breaking it or amending it.OK, that's pretty much what I thought. Just curious how someone who travels in the provinces handles the situation.

Someday, I'd love to get beyond the big city and poke around to see what I can find. (sigh)

EastGoing
02-11-13, 03:11
Hi Jonners,

Thanks for your answer. This is how things went: I bought the cruise from a travel agent online, which I don't mention because I don't know if I'm allowed to such advertising, anyway if you google "Russian river cruises" it is in the first page. They gave me the address of their visa office, to send passport and papers. I was charged 110 euros for this service, I wasn't given a written sum up, anyway I remember on the phone: free invitation (evidently some other operators charge to invite you) .65 for the visa. 25 for the mandatory insurance, some 20 for the courier to bring it back and maybe another minor thing, absolutely nothing for them, I remember on my first calls they had said 115. When I told the agent about my own insurance I was answered that Russian consulate has a list of authorized and accepted companies. I was given the phone number of the visa office of the travel agent, I rang, they didn't even want to know the name of my insurance, they only said that the consulate wants an insurance that covers the length of the stay, just that, not longer (?). I don't know any detail of this imposed insurance yet since the packet with my passport is supposed to come back next week. I informed the travel agent and they (obviously and reasonably) said that there is nothing that can be done and that it's necessary and compulsory to follow consulate's instructions. Amen.

It's a holiday that costs me some 2000 euros before stepping out from home, don't know (and don't dare to try to figure out, LOL) what the total will be in the end. I can't make too much mess for 25 euros, and travel agent seemed good and honest. Initially I had booked for an earlier cruise (cheaper) , they found out they could give me a single cabin in subsequent cruises, more expensive, but charged me the same price. If I'm being snatched 25 euros I'd shrink the suspects to the consulate or to the visa office, which I don't know how much has got to do with the agent.

P. S. Jackson, why don't you organize an ISG members cruise somewhere easier than Russia? Maybe with FKK girls, we should get better prices, make a great bargain and have wonderful time!

EastGoing
02-14-13, 19:26
Just for the record, my passport and insurance came back."Infos" on www.lexgarant.ru. I got a booklet with 10 pages in Russian and 5 in english (which are the ones you can read by clicking the mentioned site) , after an introduction page with details. From what I can understand, I'll be insured for the 12 days of my stay for:

Medical service;

Stomatological assistance (acute pain) up to 100 why. E. (what does this mean?) ;

Medical transport expenses;

Repatriation of remains.

Sum insured: 30000 euros.

I got (also countersigned by a scribble, supposed to be me, LOL) program A, the one with the shortest list of covers.

No receipt of price, but I'm not going to investigate. Needless to say, the annual insurance I'm going to subscribe on my own covers much more.

Gergiev
02-16-13, 04:38
OK, that's pretty much what I thought. Just curious how someone who travels in the provinces handles the situation.

Someday, I'd love to get beyond the big city and poke around to see what I can find. (sigh) Hi Strav,

If you're doing this then the best thing to do is -

By all means, enter where you think you intend to go and for peace of mind keep your internal travel tickets, in case of queries on departure.

But really, nothing to worry about...

Uke Boy
02-16-13, 14:54
Just for the record, my passport and insurance came back."Infos" on.

www.lexgarant.ru.

I got a booklet with 10 pages in Russian and 5 in english (which are the ones you can read by clicking the mentioned site) , after an introduction page with details. From what I can understand, I'll be insured for the 12 days of my stay for:

Stomatological assistance (acute pain) up to 100 why. E. (what does this mean?) YE is term generally used in the FSU that translates as Agreed Units. It almost always signifies US Dollars. That means if you are in great pain that $100 will only cover the cost of just opening your mouth when you get into that dental chair!

Good luck.

Prosal
02-16-13, 16:15
Medical service.As a side note, try to not get involved in a fight in FSU. I've had a detachment of the retina after a brawl in a club in Tashkent and it was a struggle to find an eye-clinic.

Stravinsky
02-16-13, 20:54
YE is term generally used in the FSU that translates as Agreed Units. It almost always signifies US Dollarsу.е. stands for условная единица. This translates loosely as, "The agreed upon unit of measure".

It used to be, the only other currency used in Russia was the Dollar, so you could assume that у.е. meant Dollars. But now, there are 3 different currencies commonly in use in Russia; the Ruble, the Euro, and the Dollar. So, whenever you buy something, you need to know what currency is the basis for the transaction. But be careful with у.е., it does not always mean Dollars, it could also mean Euros, and there's a big difference.

This is a favorite trick of the dyeffki in Night Flight. You think they're talking Dollars, but when the time comes to pay up, they say, no, no, no, the price was in Euros.

у.е. will also tell you what is the conversion rate. If you are in a restaurant, or a night club, you may see something printed on the menu that says, 1 у.е. = 10 руб. So, when you get the bill for 1,000 у.е., you know you need to pay 10,000 Rubles.

Stravinsky
02-16-13, 21:01
try to not get involved in a fight in FSU. I've had a detachment of the retina after a brawl in a club in TashkentProsal,

In Russia they have a saying, тише едешь - дальше будешь, it means, "The quieter you go, the further you will be"

Prosal
02-16-13, 21:30
Prosal,

In Russia they have a saying, &1090; &1080; &1096; &1077; &1077; &1076; &1077; &1096; &1100; . &1076; &1072; &1083; &1100; &1096; &1077; &1073; &1091; &1076; &1077; &1096; &1100; , it means,"The quieter you go, the further you will be"Totally agree with that. This kind of thing certainly not add to your travel pleasure. That said, it is sometimes unfortunatly unavoidable. It was with drunk swarthy monkeys (indians or pakis) who became territory at the bar and started insulting me when I showed some resistance. Obviously indians can't hold alcohol and all their anger comes out when they are drunk. You know the Russian saying "Cho ou trezvogo na ume, to ou pjanogo na jazyke" (what is on sober's mind is on drunk's tongue). (wink)

Prosal
02-16-13, 21:35
"The quieter you go, the further you will be"As a side note, this kind of disagreement can also happen in Russia. Russians can go from jovial to berserk in a heartbeat.

Skwiskwis
03-02-13, 15:54
Just arrived in St Petersburg and have something new to report regarding luggage and immigration. The two part immigration form was NOT passed out on the plane and there were none in the immigration area and when I arrived at the immigration officer she produced one herself and simply stamped it and gave me one part. Seems you still have to carry it around and return it when you leave, but you no longer have to complete one yourself prior to your passage thru immigration.

Baggage. I flew from NYC to St Pb via Moscow. I was told in NYC to "Pick up your bags at St Pb." And, as in past trips, I translated this to mean, 'Pick up your bags in Moscow, go thru customs, re-check your bags, and collect them in St Pb' (I was flying to Pulkovo 1, which is the domestic airport and it does not have a customs area for luggage. Like flying to the US to Omaha, via NYC, you have to go thru customs at your port of entry). Anyway, when I arrived in Moscow, no bags! I asked at the desk and was told "They are on the plane for St Pb." So it seems now they really will send your bags to St Pb even if you stop in Moscow first. And in St Pb I simply picked them up from the carousel and left the airport, no customs at all. Strange. And finally, in another strange development, there were no Russian airport officials at the baggage exit in Pulkovo 1 causing a major back up as they tried to match baggage claim tickets with the bags.

Still a little shocked as they have actually made it a little easier to enter Russia.

Stravinsky
03-03-13, 07:33
Still a little shocked as they have actually made it a little easier to enter Russia.Good news!

Little by little, civilization is slouching its way towards Russia...

Gergiev
03-09-13, 02:50
Little by little, civilization is slouching its way towards Russia.Its hour come round at last...

EastGoing
04-16-13, 15:50
Hi guys,

Currently I'm in Poland with zloty. Next month I'll come to Russia for a river cruise. I was wondering if it could be a good idea to come there with the zloties, instead of making 2 convertions, zloty- euro euro-ruble, I could make directly zloty-ruble. As of now I know the rate is about 10 zl= 98 rub. Can you tell me about a bank or a kantor in Moscow, possibly not too far from where the boats are, that gives a good exchange rate? I mean, if it's 98 and they give me 90 obviously it will not be good, but if it works the same with a change euro-ruble than it still would be a better option than going through 2 conversions. In a couple of days I'm going back home and I need to find out quickly. Unfortunately the cruise company seems uncapable to handle this request.

Thank you in advance.

Stravinsky
04-16-13, 18:43
I was wondering if it could be a good idea to come there with the zloties, instead of making 2 convertions, zloty- euro euro-rubleEG,

Zlotys are pretty much worthless in Russia. Even if you could find a bank that would be willing to buy them, they would give you a terrible rate.

Your best bet is to change them into Euros, or Dollars, before leaving Poland. Check the exchange rates and see which is the most favorable for you.

Member #4180
04-24-13, 01:40
Dear all,

How are you?

I am in a situation where 4 different girls are inviting me to moscow, including 2 I actually know from where I live (in Dubai) and 2 girls I have never seen but chatted with on mamba?

1) is it dangerous you think to go and meet and live at the place of a girl I never met? Is there some scam going on?

2) Is moscow expensive if you do not pay hotel? (For example, transportation within moscow, a medium restaurant or cinema for 2.)

3) Is moscow dangerous for a guy with brown screen? I am from western europe but I am not white, and I am so sorry to say, but in our country Russian people has a little bit of a rascist reputation. (even if since I liv ein Dubai I noticed it seems to be bullshit).

ExpatNLookin
04-24-13, 06:37
Dear all,

How are you?

I am in a situation where 4 different girls are inviting me to moscow, including 2 I actually know from where I live (in Dubai) and 2 girls I have never seen but chatted with on mamba?

1) is it dangerous you think to go and meet and live at the place of a girl I never met? Is there some scam going on?

2) Is moscow expensive if you do not pay hotel? (For example, transportation within moscow, a medium restaurant or cinema for 2.)

3) Is moscow dangerous for a guy with brown screen? I am from western europe but I am not white, and I am so sorry to say, but in our country Russian people has a little bit of a rascist reputation. (even if since I liv ein Dubai I noticed it seems to be bullshit).Go to Al Ain center and buy a white "screen". LOL sorry could not resist. I know you must've meant "skin".

Well, being a darkie myself, I know first hand that we are not very much welcomed in CIS countries. If your bad luck leads you to cross paths with a drunk company of Neo Nazis, you are screwed.

Spanish Fly
04-24-13, 16:37
Dear all,

How are you?

3) Is moscow dangerous for a guy with brown screen? I am from western europe but I am not white, and I am so sorry to say, but in our country Russian people has a little bit of a rascist reputation. (even if since I liv ein Dubai I noticed it seems to be bullshit).1) There are a lot of scams. And a much greater number of genuine wonderful girls. Use your common sense, stay alert and everything should be fine.

2) Moscow IS expensive, no matter what. But Dubai is not a piece of cake either. If you stay away of expensive restaurants (forget about wine.) and trendy night-clubs, the rest is more or less ok.

3) I know some brown skin people living in Moscow. They will not beat your head in every corner, if you know what I mean, not by any chance, but at some places, with drunk Russian men around, and ESPECIALLY if you are with some white Russian doll, you can get a little bit of harrasment. AND if enough of bad luck, you could get into some rather unpleasant situations.

But if you avoid strange places, dark allies, and semi-empty bars, at 5am, you should be fine. But, by all means, STAY ALERT and be cautious. Russian men, specially while drunk, are not very fond of seen "their" women with foreigners. Dark or not. BUT if you are dark, it is a good enough excuse for some good fight. Don't flash out your Russian doll while in this situations. Silly, but wise.

Salud, and happy hunting. SF.

Spanish Fly
04-24-13, 16:49
Just arrived in St Petersburg and have something new to report regarding luggage and immigration. The two part immigration form was NOT passed out on the plane and there were none in the immigration area and when I arrived at the immigration officer she produced one herself and simply stamped it and gave me one part. Seems you still have to carry it around and return it when you leave, but you no longer have to complete one yourself prior to your passage thru immigration.

Baggage. I flew from NYC to St Pb via Moscow. I was told in NYC to "Pick up your bags at St Pb." And, as in past trips, I translated this to mean, 'Pick up your bags in Moscow, go thru customs, re-check your bags, and collect them in St Pb' (I was flying to Pulkovo 1, which is the domestic airport and it does not have a customs area for luggage. Like flying to the US to Omaha, via NYC, you have to go thru customs at your port of entry). Anyway, when I arrived in Moscow, no bags! I asked at the desk and was told "They are on the plane for St Pb." So it seems now they really will send your bags to St Pb even if you stop in Moscow first. And in St Pb I simply picked them up from the carousel and left the airport, no customs at all. Strange. And finally, in another strange development, there were no Russian airport officials at the baggage exit in Pulkovo 1 causing a major back up as they tried to match baggage claim tickets with the bags.

Still a little shocked as they have actually made it a little easier to enter Russia.Wow. Six months out of the country and they changed all this wonderful pleasantries? .

I have had experienced the no-immigration from before, last year. But only in some airports (in Krasnodar it was like that, but not in Moscow). At least in my case it was actually the very SAME immigration card, but now they have a wonderful thing call passport scanner, and they deliver a pre-printed version of it that you have to keep inside your passport as usual (and subject to OVIR registration, etc.). However, during 2012 they also changed the number of days that you can stay in the same city without needing to register. Double-check, anyone, but if I remember properly, now it is 7 days instead of the typical 72 business hours since arrival.

The baggage thing SOUNDS great, great, great. (Because of my job, I always carry SO much luggage). Can anyone else confirm that this is also true in other airports (SVO, DME, etc. And not only in PULKOVO?

Now, the best next-thing would be to get rid of the stupid visa-registration duty, and THEN, the visa itself. One step at a time.

Happy hunting.

SF

Skwiskwis
04-25-13, 22:21
Update on the immigration form. As I reported in my last post, if you fly to Moscow the Moscow immigration people have a scanner which produces your immigration card filled out. You don't have to fill one out beforehand and, in fact, they don't give them out on the plane anymore.

However, today I flew to StPb via Amsterdam and the immigration card was given out on the plane with instructions to fill it out and present it to the immigration officer. I ignore the customs form.

And so I can confirm the automated immigration card so far only works in Moscow. Definitely not working in StPb as of 5. 40pm today.

In either case you still have to register, although it's actually the responsibility of the owner to register you now. Hotels of course do this as a matter of course, but if you rent an apartment it's the responsibility of the owner to register you and if she doesn't and is caught she can be fined a goodly amount. I know this as a fact because I had an unfortunate incident involving the police late at night in stpb and even though it had nothing to do with the altercation as such, the police checked where I was officially registered, noticed I was staying with a girl at a different address, and so they called the owner of the apartment the girl was renting and called her down to the station and and fined her 35000R. Calamity of errors to say the least. Outrage was the word of the night and next day.

And yes, it's 7 days now, not counting weekends and holidays.

Member #4180
04-30-13, 09:28
Go to Al Ain center and buy a white "screen". LOL sorry could not resist. I know you must've meant "skin".

Well, being a darkie myself, I know first hand that we are not very much welcomed in CIS countries. If your bad luck leads you to cross paths with a drunk company of Neo Nazis, you are screwed.AHAHAHA ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?

Ya I mean skin, so you know russia too? But you live in Dubai right?! Well I'm more of a Thierry Henry color, not black. Anyway. Do not seems tempting to me anymore to go there.

Member #4180
04-30-13, 09:37
1) There are a lot of scams. And a much greater number of genuine wonderful girls. Use your common sense, stay alert and everything should be fine.

2) Moscow IS expensive, no matter what. But Dubai is not a piece of cake either. If you stay away of expensive restaurants (forget about wine.) and trendy night-clubs, the rest is more or less ok.

3) I know some brown skin people living in Moscow. They will not beat your head in every corner, if you know what I mean, not by any chance, but at some places, with drunk Russian men around, and ESPECIALLY if you are with some white Russian doll, you can get a little bit of harrasment. AND if enough of bad luck, you could get into some rather unpleasant situations.

But if you avoid strange places, dark allies, and semi-empty bars, at 5am, you should be fine. But, by all means, STAY ALERT and be cautious. Russian men, specially while drunk, are not very fond of seen "their" women with foreigners. Dark or not. BUT if you are dark, it is a good enough excuse for some good fight. Don't flash out your Russian doll while in this situations. Silly, but wise.

Salud, and happy hunting. SF.1) I dropped my conversation with 2 girls, I didn't feel really comfortable with them.

But I continue to talk with a real stunner and a mother of one. Very good looking too. Both of them really genuinely likes me. The stunner makes some effort for me, re-learning english for me every day.

I am 100% sure there is no scam.

The stunner is ready to come here end of may if I don't go there (actually she prefer to come than I go) , of course, it implies I send her a ticket. I may do so as I really like her, I am just afraid of the real barrier language as her english is very limited.

Has anyone experience such situations?

For the mum of one, living between minsk and moscow, I told her to come over too, she wanted us to go istanbul for 3-4 days but I denied. She is more independant and won't ask me to send any money or tickets. YES I AM A GREEDY BASTARD AT TIME.

3) Well, I think I am not ready to go and spend my money in a country where in 2013 you can get trouble just because you brown or black. I will just have those girl to come over here, or go to russia if few friends want to come over with me maybe. But I won't go alone.

You confirmed what I was thinking, it could be even worst if I am with a Russian stunner, they could go even more easily mad.

Not that I can't defend myself against 1 or 2 guys if I needed to, but I'm really over those weird situations.

Thanks for your feedbacks!

ExpatNLookin
04-30-13, 19:43
AHAHAHA ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?

Ya I mean skin, so you know russia too? But you live in Dubai right? Well I'm more of a Thierry Henry color, not black. Anyway. Do not seems tempting to me anymore to go there.Yes I know Russia too, yes I live in Dubai, I am not even as dark as Thierry Henry, but again in Russia, you, me and Thierry Henry are all considered "negro".

GoblinCrazyy
05-11-13, 08:00
Hi Folks,

I have been following this forum in recent months while I was traveling and I have found this extermely useful for all kinds of info!

But now I am faced with a challenge. I am traveling to this place called Yuzhno-Sakhalin. Unfortunately despite my best of web searches I am unable to find a single website or forum which provides info about escort service in Sakhalin.

I know its a rural island in russia, but I was disappointed to see that no escort service is there in this island! (I hope I am wrong). So dear friends, kindly provide me info on any kind of service available in sakhalin. Or any experiences that is worth sharing!

YummyPL
05-28-13, 00:22
I was thinking about bringing a few bottles of wine with me to Russia. Does anyone know if there is any problem with this?

Also, I am from the USA. I just applied for the 3 year multi-entry visa. Went directly to the consulate at the embassy in Washington, DC. No problems. 10 days later I had my visa good for 3 years, up to 6 months a year, as many trips as I want. $160 US Dollars.

Jake993
05-28-13, 07:59
I was thinking about bringing a few bottles of wine with me to Russia. Does anyone know if there is any problem with this?

Also, I am from the USA. I just applied for the 3 year multi-entry visa. Went directly to the consulate at the embassy in Washington, DC. No problems. 10 days later I had my visa good for 3 years, up to 6 months a year, as many trips as I want. $160 US Dollars.Bottles of wine are not a problem. Either as carry on luggage or in your checked luggage as long as the number of bottle does not attract too much attention. If it is considered "for personal consumption" no one seems to mind. But if they think for one second that you are going to resell the wine for profit, all hell break loose. Doesn't matter if it's iPads or bottles of wine, customs does not want you making a profit off of what you are importing. I guess that crosses the line into "commercial activity".

EastGoing
05-28-13, 13:20
Update on the immigration form. As I reported in my last post, if you fly to Moscow the Moscow immigration people have a scanner which produces your immigration card filled out. You don't have to fill one out beforehand and, in fact, they don't give them out on the plane anymore.I think I can confirm. On the airplane I wasn't given any papers and when I landed in Moscow they took a few minutes to give me a very little paper, which I didn't even look at carefully, if I remember right it was something about goods to declare and / or cash over 10000 euros. They put it in the passport and that's where I left it. When I left from St. Petersburgh the officers took it back.

For those who have never been to Pulkovo, buy whatever and, above all, EAT before going to gates: once you are through you are fucked! There's a lilliputian bar with pratically nothing that takes only rubles. This means you may have to go back with all the hassle to ask officers and to repeat the security procedures

GoblinCrazyy
05-28-13, 14:00
Help please.

Hi Folks,

I have been following this forum in recent months while I was traveling and I have found this extermely useful for all kinds of info!

But now I am faced with a challenge. I am traveling to this place called Yuzhno-Sakhalin. Unfortunately despite my best of web searches I am unable to find a single website or forum which provides info about escort service in Sakhalin.

I know its a rural island in russia, but I was disappointed to see that no escort service is there in this island! (I hope I am wrong). So dear friends, kindly provide me info on any kind of service available in sakhalin. Or any experiences that is worth sharing!

Jake993
05-29-13, 13:15
Help please.

Hi Folks,

I know its a rural island in russia, but I was disappointed to see that no escort service is there in this island! (I hope I am wrong). So dear friends, kindly provide me info on any kind of service available in sakhalin. Or any experiences that is worth sharing!I was in Yuzhno Sakhalinsk a few years back for a week. Best bet is the sauna or taxi drivers. There are a few in the hotel bars but not many.

GoblinCrazyy
05-29-13, 17:36
Thanks Jake for the response! Not sure to be happy about it or not.

So there is no official website or anything thru which you can call them to hotel! Hmm. Tough hunting eh.

Jake993
05-30-13, 06:11
Thanks Jake for the response! Not sure to be happy about it or not.

So there is no official website or anything thru which you can call them to hotel! Hmm. Tough hunting eh.VERY tough hunting. It's the wild East frontier.

Skwiskwis
08-01-13, 16:58
Returned from an excursion two months ago and found that the machine generated forms at passport control were NOT available in the passport control area we arrived in (despite the fact that they announced on the Aeroflot flight that the forms would not be handed out because Sherm Airport had the machines now). As a consequence, both I and the girl I was with (who was from Ukraine) had to queue up twice, once to be told we needed to fill out the forms and the second time after we filled them out and a second planeload of people had arrived. I'm guessing that Sherm Airport has multiple passport control areas and not all of them have the machines. Presumably the areas that cater to charter flights don't, as when I arrived from the US previously the area I went thru passport control in had the machines.

Just arrived in StPb yesterday (July 31) and found that they had the machines (Pulkova 2). Flew in from Paris and the Air France people handed out the forms on the plane, but when I went to the passport control window the official pushed my form back out the window and then printed one off herself from her machine. Pulkova 2 has only 1 passport control area so far as I know, and it appears we might not have to fill out these forms anymore, so long as the machines don't break down.

So as usual in Russia. Never quite sure where modernity will sprout up and how long it will stay.

Stravinsky
03-18-14, 18:23
Decided to provide some proof to those in doubt. Copied and pasted this directly from Visa Processing Service Website. I don't live near a city with a Consulate, so I use them, and they do a great job.

"Russian Tourist 3 Year Visa Requirements for US Citizens:

Other Forms:

A letter of intent addressed to the Embassy or Consulate, respectfully requesting the visa to be issued including the preferred validity.

The letter must be signed by the applicant.

The letter must include the applicant's name, nationality, passport number, date and place of birth, address in the US and cities to be visited in Russia.

Houston: additional required documents:

- Bank Statement with a minimum balance of $3, 000

- Letter of employment from HR department

- Check stub to show proof of payment / employment

- Copy of health insurance card

- Proof of property ownership

- Signed Certificate of the makeup of the applicants family."

So I will ask my original question again. My question was never whether anyone else had to provide this info. My question was, is there any reason to have concern, providing all this extra personal info?Suka,

The Russian government is not asking for this information, your visa service is asking for it. What is the visa service you are using, and what is their web address?

Suka Shalava
03-20-14, 12:12
Suka,

The Russian government is not asking for this information, your visa service is asking for it. What is the visa service you are using, and what is their web address?More than 5 years ago, the consulate in Washington changed their policy that allowed those of us that live in southern states to send in our tourist visa applications directly on our own for processing, and began requiring applications be only handled by a third party service, that would have to be submitted to Houston. The reason was probably because too many applications were not completed properly, or did not include all the requirements, and the consulate only has the time or staff to deal with applications that are ready to go. The visa service would ensure that if applications were not completed properly, they would take the time with the applicant to get everything corrected, before submitting them to the consulate.

Travisa has provided excellent service to me ever since then. I highly doubt they make up their own requirements for additional documents.

I realize that everybody else here has the time and option to show up in person at consulates in Washington, New York, and San Francisco, but I simply do not. For me, the fees I pay to use Travisa are well worth the convenience.

Stravinsky
03-20-14, 21:30
More than 5 years ago, the consulate in Washington changed their policy that allowed those of us that live in southern states to send in our tourist visa applications directly on our own for processing, and began requiring applications be only handled by a third party service, that would have to be submitted to Houston.Five years ago, the Russian government changed its policy of accepting visa applications and required that all visa applications must be submitted by a travel agency certified by the consulate, not by the applicant themselves. I think you're right, they just got tired of dealing with all the applications that were not properly filled out or missing docs.

I realize that everybody else here has the time and option to show up in person at consulates in Washington, New York, and San Francisco, but I simply do not. For me, the fees I pay to use Travisa are well worth the convenience.I think very few people can appear at the consulate in person, unless you live next door. Why would you? It's easier to do it through an agency.

Travisa has provided excellent service to me ever since then. I highly doubt they make up their own requirements for additional documents.True, it doesn't make any sense, but then why is Travisa the only agency asking for these documents?

All of the Russian consulates and the Russian embassy are recommending applicants to Invisa Logistics Services, www.ils-usa.com, but Invisa is not asking for these documents. I checked a couple of different Russian visa processing services that I have used in the past and neither of them are asking for the kind of personal info that Travisa wants.

The solution is simple, if you don't want to hand over this kind of info to Travisa, then use another agency.

Stravinsky
03-22-14, 15:18
Hey Suka,

I read through the ILS instructions for submitting visa applications,

www.ils-usa.com/main.php?id=mailing&lang=en

It seems each consulate has slightly different requirements and the consulate in Houston does list the documents you mentioned; bank statement, proof of employment, etc. But these documents are only necessary if you apply for a private, homestay visa. If you are applying for a regular tourist visa, then it shouldn't be a problem. You can always call the consulate to verify that.

Suka Shalava
05-08-14, 11:26
hey suka,

i read through the ils instructions for submitting visa applications,

www.ils-usa.com/main.php?id=mailing&lang=en

it seems the consulate in houston does list the documents you mentioned; bank statement, proof of employment, etc. but these documents are only necessary if you apply for a private, homestay visa. if you are applying for a regular tourist visa, then it shouldn't be a problem.strav,

thanks for finally being the only one, as usual, willing to come forward, stand up, and announce, that i've been right all along. after 15 years, i should be used to it by now. i've also been moaning, groaning, whining, and complaining for that long, about truth bending chest puffers that imho, obscure and avoid facts and as a result, fail to add to the quality of this sacred place for dedicated devoted mongers.

while i greatly appreciate your homework on my behalf, unfortunately you missed my original point, which was that this has always been about the requirements for the new (2013) three year tourist multiple entry visa, not private home stay visas! i have no idea where you got that. it's very clear on travisa's website, that the extra document requirements are listed for the 3 year tourist multiple entry visa application.

anyway, all that shit aside, i am pleased to report another wildly positive experience in the most glorious of glorious motherlands of our beloved federation of republics, and all political propaganda aside, the provinces continue to be best place on earth.

the current political tension is certainly a concern, and i ask all members for their continuous prayers for leaders to find a peaceful amicable solution that settles the mess.

i can report that after flying aeroflot on two practically empty flights in 2013 to svo, my flight last month was filled to capacity, clearly due to what's happening in ukraine. it 'seemed' like everybody was in a big hurry to get the hell out of here to get back home, for whatever reason, i certainly didn't get curious and ask. i apologize that i won't even be able to fully divulge all the details about the bizarre dyev i sat next to on the plane, suffice it to say that her extremely muscular boyfriend did not want to even acknowledge they were together, after her dreadful conduct. i can report though, that the other passengers went out of their way to be supportive, which really speaks to their spirit of fairness and willingness to do the right thing, and for that, i will always be grateful. i will tell you that after 14 years flying swissair, klm, and lufthansa, i can say without question that aeroflot beats them all hands down. at this point, i have enough miles for three free round trips on those other carriers, and i will never use them, as i will gladly pay the fares to travel on aeroflot.

and aeroflot continues to improve their service. this time, i did not even have to collect my suitcase at svo, they checked it right through on my connection to the provinces. what a pleasure, and sheremetyevo is so superior to dme, the only exception being the awesome lamb chops in the georgian style restaurant upstairs on the left. wish they had something like that, instead of fridays.

can also report that i was not all that surprised, due to politics, yet again, that my return home included yet another extra round of inquiry, along with many of my fellow passengers, including russian families traveling with small children. so, how much money are you carrying, and let's take a peek, shall we? i get it fellas. there's likely some unreported currency moving around, and you're supposed to try to find it. everybody's got a job to do. nobody should hold that against you. courteous officers, that don't give you an attitude, are worth mentioning.

Stravinsky
05-08-14, 19:57
Hey Suka,

We seem to be talking in circles...

The information I posted did not come from Travisa, it came from the ILS website. ILS is the official agency disignated for people in the U.S. to apply for Russian visas.

Travisa is nothing more than a travel agency. I imagine they mis-interpreted the instructions posted by ILS Re: Tourist visas vs. Homestay visas. You need to take your information from ILS, not Travisa.

BTW - we are all looking forward to a detailed report about your trip to the provinces (I think?)

KaveMan
07-07-14, 18:31
Strav,

What is the current process / timeline to get a Tourist Visa?

Seems like ILS docs / reqs are extensive and you actually have to use a Travel agency to assemble.

Also, what is the money / currency / credit card situation. Seems like you will be withdrawing $100's of dollars daily.

Lots of threads say don't use ATMs. Are Western Banks present and you can withdraw?

Thanks

Jake993
07-08-14, 07:00
Strav,

What is the current process / timeline to get a Tourist Visa?

Seems like ILS docs / reqs are extensive and you actually have to use a Travel agency to assemble.

Also, what is the money / currency / credit card situation. Seems like you will be withdrawing $100's of dollars daily.

Lots of threads say don't use ATMs. Are Western Banks present and you can withdraw?

ThanksThis is one of the best site for visa to Russia. I have used it many times as have my friends and relatives who come to visit. Fast and painless. http://www.visatorussia.com/.

As for money, there ATM's everywhere. They are fine. I have lived here for three years and have been coming here since 2005. Never a problem. Just watch your fees.

The only unpleasant limitation that I ran into was the daily limit that was imposed on my US ATM cards. Most Russian banks (even those under foreign banner like Raiffeisen and CitiBank) will let you withdraw the equivalent of about $5,000 a day, while Wells Fargo and Chase, for example, will only let you take out $500 a day. Best to check with your bank before you depart. And while $500 a day may seem like enough, remember that this is Moscow.

Many ATM's will give you the option of Rubles, Dollars or Euro. While in Russia, Rubles are most useful. If you are going to bring dollars from home, don't bother with anything other than new crisp $100 bills. Frankly, the only thing US dollars are useful for in Russia these days is paying hookers. For everything else pay in rubles. VISA and MASTERCARD are widely accepted while AMEX acceptance is still limited to hotels and high end restaurants. And even with hookers, you are better off negotiating in rubles. The girls will haggle in 1,000 ruble increments (about $30) if you are talking rubles and $100 increments if you are negotiating in dollars. See the difference?

In Moscow these days, credit cards are becoming very popular, but by all accounts, Cash Is King. Like most everyone else, I rarely walk around with less than 15,000 rubles ($430) in my pocket. Why? Who the fuck knows? Local custom I guess. Although I do admit, now that I have a Russian credit card (VISA) it's quite handy. Credit cards here use the "Chip & Pin" system, so there's no messing around with signatures. All very secure. If you DO pay for a restaurant or bar tab with a credit card, be aware that you should NOT leave a tip on the card. Pay the gratuity in cash. If you leave a tip on the credit card, it will NEVER get to the server. Trust me on this. In fact, just pay cash for meals and bar bills. Many times there are problem with foreign credit cards in bars and restaurants.

KaveMan
07-08-14, 18:21
Jake,

Thanks, that's very helpful.

If you had to recommend one hotel perfect as a mongering base (ie, near action, 'hip or younger' traffic, close to better salons / clubs, cool lobby or roof bar / club).

My plan is to come for 7 days; stay 2 in a hotel; then maybe 2 in a Airbnb apt; then maybe 2 train to outer pussy ring City with 8-10's Institute / Universirty gals).

If you could recommend:

-Best monger Hotel.

-Pussy Ring City to take aeroexpress train.

-Moscow Sauna with Escorts for debauchery.

I am sure I will be flailing about on my first Moscow trip.

-My plan is to gorge on breakfast Hotel Buffets.

-Chat up devushkas on streets / stores / malls and offer a visit to NYC or LA apt;.

-Gorge on Russian lunch at a high end cafe, cafeteria or deli.

-Relax in an elite Sauna while reviewing parade of escorts.

-Then back to hotel & out to dinner and Salon.

-I am hopeful as a fail-safe I can order an escort evey night and have 2-3 hr of debachery for $750-1000.

I am budgeting $10,000 with 75% of that going on pros 2 x / day over 5 days and ability to convert 1 non-pro with wallet / travel tease.

Jake993
07-10-14, 08:55
Jake,

Thanks, that's very helpful.

If you had to recommend one hotel perfect as a mongering base (ie, near action, 'hip or younger' traffic, close to better salons / clubs, cool lobby or roof bar / club).

My plan is to come for 7 days; stay 2 in a hotel; then maybe 2 in a Airbnb apt; then maybe 2 train to outer pussy ring City with 8-10's Institute / Universirty gals).

If you could recommend:

-Best monger Hotel.

-Pussy Ring City to take aeroexpress train.

-Moscow Sauna with Escorts for debauchery.

I am sure I will be flailing about on my first Moscow trip.

-My plan is to gorge on breakfast Hotel Buffets.

-Chat up devushkas on streets / stores / malls and offer a visit to NYC or LA apt;.

-Gorge on Russian lunch at a high end cafe, cafeteria or deli.

-Relax in an elite Sauna while reviewing parade of escorts.

-Then back to hotel & out to dinner and Salon.

-I am hopeful as a fail-safe I can order an escort evey night and have 2-3 hr of debachery for $750-1000.

I am budgeting $10,000 with 75% of that going on pros 2 x / day over 5 days and ability to convert 1 non-pro with wallet / travel tease.KaveMan,

After much thought on the topic, I must tell you that you ask some difficult questions. I say difficult because the kinds of hotels that you are looking for no longer exist right in the center of Moscow. Now that Russia is getting more concerned about "public morality" the sex trade is being driven underground. Or at very least away from the center of Moscow. Very few hotels in the center of Moscow have WG in the lobby anymore. While the center of Moscow is certainly hot and happening, none of the Western hotels in the center cater to the needs of the monger anymore. Having said all that, here is what I would suggest for your first visit.

1. Hotel. I would suggest hotel Korston. http://www.korston.ru/en/moscow/.

While it's not located RIGHT in the center, it caters to the needs of the monger. The hotel lobby is crawling with WGs almost every night. Plus they have a a strip club onsite and I believe they have a sauna as well. Food is good and there's a great Korean restaurant as well.

2. Pussy Ring City? Don't bother on your first trip. You will have plenty to do in Moscow. If you REALLY MUST go, take the Express train to Nizhny Novgorod.

3. If you want to go into the very center, you can take a taxi easily. Getting back is easy because all cab drivers know where Hotel Korston is. If you have a smart phone, you should download the App called "Get Taxi". It will save your life. Be sure to upload a "selfie" of yourself so that the drivers will know what you look like. This will make pick up much easier. Gypsie Cabs are almost obsolete now that apps like Get Taxi and Uber are available.

KaveMan
07-10-14, 18:50
[Personal message deleted by Admin]

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers.

Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You