PDA

View Full Version : Tips for writing a report: e. G. NO HARD RETURN

GregoryB
01-05-13, 07:03
I just did read Editor's remarks in the Beijing forum to a longer report, recommending to avoid hard returns at the end of a line.

I had always noted that in my reports there always was a period (.) where I did not wanted one since I also used a HARD RETURN.

Instead of keeping writing.

I prefer shorter lines for better readability and the "." always bothered me.

Ah well you can't have it both.

May be the Editor could put a short note in the GRAY FIELD on top of every FORUM just about this recommendation how to write a report.

SE Asia Joe
01-05-13, 07:15
I just did read Editor's remarks in the Beijing forum to a longer report, recommending to avoid hard returns at the end of a line.

I had always noted that in my reports there always was a period (.) where I did not wanted one since I also used a HARD RETURN.

Instead of keeping writing.

I prefer shorter lines for better readability and the "." always bothered me.

Ah well you can't have it both.

May be the Editor could put a short note in the GRAY FIELD on top of every FORUM just about this recommendation how to write a report.My problem is NOT hard returns as I don't do this. Rather its the automatic editing by the program here, which results in sentences being broken up unnaturally.

Yes, I do see that there is probably a lot of runs on sentences, but the way the program does it, IMHO makes for no improvements at all.

Thanks.

SEAJ

GregoryB
01-05-13, 08:32
You are certainly one of the largest contributers here and would benefit most of an easier editing.

I guess its also a question of ADMIN's manpower. May be one of our brethren is an IT expert and giving a freebee.

To ADMIN.

But lets not loose sight the prime intention, giving quick and easy to understand and follow advice or tips to all members.

Of course the simpler the handling the more contributors,

Keep your stamina to help others.

Gregory.

My problem is NOT hard returns as I don't do this. Rather its the automatic editing by the program here, which results in sentences being broken up unnaturally.

Yes, I do see that there is probably a lot of runs on sentences, but the way the program does it, IMHO makes for no improvements at all.

Thanks.

SEAJ