PDA

View Full Version : Question, please.

Samu Ray
05-02-13, 16:14
To those in the know: I travel on budget; Do Chile, Colombia, Brasil, Bolivia, charge to get into these countris?

Artisttyp
05-02-13, 16:21
To those in the know: I travel on budget; Do Chile, Colombia, Brasil, Bolivia, charge to get into these countris?Brazil and Bolivia yes (you need to buy a visa). I've never been charged to enter Colombia but it might already be included in the ticket price. Chile don't know.

Samu Ray
05-02-13, 17:06
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have done a couple of visa runs up to Peru-Ecuador border; it is free. Thanks again!

Rippa
05-02-13, 17:13
To those in the know: I travel on budget; Do Chile, Colombia, Brasil, Bolivia, charge to get into these countris?Last I was there (little over a year ago) , Chile charges US citizens something like $160. That fee covers re-entry for 10 years.

Albert Punter
05-05-13, 03:09
Some south american countries, like Argentina and Chile, charge an entry fee to US, Canada and Australia citizens.

To those in the know: I travel on budget; Do Chile, Colombia, Brasil, Bolivia, charge to get into these countris?

Tomasb
05-05-13, 15:22
Some south american countries, like Argentina and Chile, charge an entry fee to US, Canada and Australia citizens.Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia all charge an entry fee to Americans and Canadians. I think the amount is $160 for all these countries as this the amount the US charges for an entry fee to citizens from these countries, thus it is considered a reciprocity fee. It is true that Chile's fee can be as long as ten years but that is based on the remaining time on your US passport. If you acquire a new passport and the Chilean visa at the same time, it would be good for ten years.

Bunny Hunter
05-05-13, 22:17
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia all charge an entry fee to Americans and Canadians. I think the amount is $160 for all these countries as this the amount the US charges for an entry fee to citizens from these countries, thus it is considered a reciprocity fee. It is true that Chile's fee can be as long as ten years but that is based on the remaining time on your US passport. If you acquire a new passport and the Chilean visa at the same time, it would be good for ten years.You can get up to ten-year visas for Brazil too. It seems like it's just a random decision on whether or not you get a 1-year or a multi-year. Same application fee either way. They can outlast your passport too. Just carry your old passport, with the still-current visa, and your new passport too.

Shamester
03-08-15, 20:40
As a US citizen, are you required to pay a Bolivia entry fee if you are crossing via bus from Puno?

Please advise.

Samu Ray
03-19-15, 17:57
I think Peru and Ecuador don't charge any entry fee. I have been to Peru Ecuador border few times, to renew visa, I never paid anything. I am a US citizen!

Sly One
03-19-15, 21:10
I think Peru and Ecuador don't charge any entry fee. I have been to Peru Ecuador border few times, to renew visa, I never paid anything. I am a US citizen!1. You normally get a free 90 day tourist visa on arrival. But?

If you ask nicely at immigration and tell them you want to stay longer. They may grant you a 120 day or 180 day visa again free and up to their discretion. Tell them you want to do a in depth study on INCA culture or Peruvian food. Jajaja.

2. You can then go to the immigration office Brena near the end of your visa period and ask them for an vias extension of the current visa. They will usually give you one and usually for only 30 days. Sorry can't remember the cost but no more than about $USD35. Or S /. 100.

3. Other option is to leave the country usually via Ecuador or Taca / Arica (Chile) via Bus if you have little money and stay out of the country for a night and return the next day then repeat process 1.

Hope this helps.

There is a list of visas fees on the immigration website if you can read Spanish.

Hope this helps.

Sly

IViajardor
05-20-15, 18:03
Hey,

I was about to book flight tickets from Lima to Cusco and I see that there's about $80 difference between Expedia and go2 Peru prices. Has anyone used go2 Peru and it it safe?

Thanks

Tomasb
05-21-15, 05:33
Go to the Peruvian Airline or Star Peru offices directly and buy your ticket there. They are all over the city and offer many flights to Cusco daily. Avoid LAN as they are overpriced and cost significantly more than these two domestic airlines.

Hey,

I was about to book flight tickets from Lima to Cusco and I see that there's about $80 difference between Expedia and go2 Peru prices. Has anyone used go2 Peru and it it safe?

Thanks

IViajardor
05-21-15, 17:15
Go to the Peruvian Airline or Star Peru offices directly and buy your ticket there. They are all over the city and offer many flights to Cusco daily. Avoid LAN as they are overpriced and cost significantly more than these two domestic airlines.Thanks for your reply. It seems there are enough flights, so I don't really need to book in advance. I can book it once I am in Lima.