PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Admin
04-11-02, 07:56
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

One Great Man
02-07-03, 00:59
Don't worry about crime in Guatemala, unless you're going into dark places.

I spent most of my time in Zona Uno, which is not the hottest part of town. You can pick up a SW, but the "clubs", which every taxi driver knows about is only a five buck fare. I would recommend Caesar's, although I haven't been to the others.

You can get fucked and sucked for $30-40 USD, and totally loved by the girls. It's a half-hour deal, but a very hot half hour. BBBJ is normal stuff, and if she didn't swallow it I didn't notice.

This is a very poor country, and I can't attest to the SWs, because I found a couple of girls with telephone numbers who kept me entertained. It's cheap, it's totally satisfying, and it's fun, both for you and for them.

Wonderer Man
07-18-04, 13:49
Does Guatemala make working girls get tested?

Which countries do? Thanks

Chekist
08-10-04, 19:41
Yes, the girls must get tested in Guatemala and have certificates from doctors.

Johan007
09-09-04, 16:47
Guys,

I must say that a "test" on Hiv/Aids rather doesn't proof almost nothing.
Suppose she got tested on Day 1 and was "clean". On day 2 she fucks with smb that is seropositive or gets infected on another way.(as you well know women get faster infected then man regarding HIV!!)
On day 3 you do her UNCOVERED.......vaginaly and/or anal

OOPS....................you COULD be seropositive right now!!!

be carefull guys. Sure even I like my willy blown witout a rubber. (and even THAT is risky)But to do the deed uncovered?? With a pro girl??? NEVER. How tempting the idea is to fuck her UNCOVERED; Always use a rubber when going "In" her pussy or ass.

Take care.

Johan.

PS: the test on HIV/AIDS doesn't mean she has no OTHER STD's!!!!

Taquitor Rico
12-08-08, 20:01
I live in Guatemala, and excuse me, but the girls here are not required to be tested, not even in the most exclusive clubs. ALWAYS use rubber.

Ranocchio
01-10-09, 15:14
I'm starting to Guatemala for a trip.

Please, some questions:

1) Is better arrive with cash? And wiche currency is better: Euro or Dollars?

I read on lonley planet that is better dollars, it's real?

2) Is easy to find bancomat to withdrow currency with credit card? Is better visa or cirrus?

Thank you very much

G.

Riodulce
01-11-09, 18:44

Please, some questions:

2) Is easy to find bancomat to withdrow currency with credit card? Is better visa or cirrus?

Thank you very much

G.US dollars would be prefered over Euro's however, personally I would not bring a lot of US dollars as you may loose a lot on the exchange. There are ATM's just about everywhere and you will get a much better rate if you use them to draw Quetzales.

Dodger Bulldog
01-11-09, 18:59

Please, some questions:

Thank you very much

G.Euros are virtually unheard of in Guatemala. I never saw one there. I am sure that a currency house or bank can exchange them for you, but at a price.

Try to minimize the use of credit cards. Many smaller businesses do not take them, and when you are able to use them the upcharge and/or transaction fees are steep.

"Bancomats" are easy to find in Guatemala, where they are called "caseros" or an "ATH." They are at all banks and many convenience stores, and even the larger hotels will have them in the lobby, e.g. the Holiday Inn, the Westin, etc.

With a debit card, these machines will not only give you the best exchange rate, but they also allow you to withdraw only the amount that you need to cover the next few days. This way if the worst happens (and it probably won't), you still have all the money you need for the rest of yor trip sitting safely in your bank account.

Once I finally allowed myself to shed the (in)security if carrying and hiding large amounts of cash, my travel has been much more anxiety free.

No worries!

DB

Strike2
05-15-09, 01:57
You will also be comforted since every ATM in Guate has a complimentary shotgun toting security guard. I found some humor when I stopped at a suburban area ATM on the way to Antigua. The armed guard pointed out to me the hand written "out of service" sign. Yet he was on duty guarding the worthless machine. I have always gotten the best rates from ATMs, but beware HSBC. I tried a card from them on a recently opened account and they ripped me on the exchange rate. Fuck them. My hometown bank atm card gets me great rates in every country I have tried it. Oh ya, I recommend taking preventative measures against your ex-wife draining your monger money. That HSBC card wasn't so bad for that reason. If you want to use a credit card, you're best bet is Visa, followed by MasterCard. American Express can be used at some places, but no strip club I visited. Your best option is always cash.

Euros are virtually unheard of in Guatemala. I never saw one there. I am sure that a currency house or bank can exchange them for you, but at a price.

Try to minimize the use of credit cards. Many smaller businesses do not take them, and when you are able to use them the upcharge and/or transaction fees are steep.

"Bancomats" are easy to find in Guatemala, where they are called "caseros" or an "ATH." They are at all banks and many convenience stores, and even the larger hotels will have them in the lobby, e.g. the Holiday Inn, the Westin, etc.

With a debit card, these machines will not only give you the best exchange rate, but they also allow you to withdraw only the amount that you need to cover the next few days. This way if the worst happens (and it probably won't), you still have all the money you need for the rest of yor trip sitting safely in your bank account.

Once I finally allowed myself to shed the (in)security if carrying and hiding large amounts of cash, my travel has been much more anxiety free.

No worries!

DB

Illini333
05-28-09, 02:12
i had basically a nightmare when i was in guatemala. i had 6 credit cards and none of them would work at the atms. my debit card would not. the banks wouldnt take the debit card because it said debit even though it was a credit card linked to my account. I literally went to every atm in zona 10 and none of my cards would work. I finally talked one bank into letting me use my check card at there bank. they were convinced it wouldnt work but it did. it was basically a nightmare that i avoiding by luckily taking some cash with me from the states. Then I went to antigua and the same problem happened. i spent almost two days going to the banks and was able to take out limited cash on my emergency credit cards because they had limits for cash advance. the fucked up think about it, my check card worked at the first atm i used in el salvador and every atm i used in nicaragua. i was planning on returning to guatemala but i said fuck it because of the problem and stayed in managua. so my advice is dont count on the atms in guatemala and bring some cash.

Albert Punter
05-28-09, 03:39
I had same experience, as I was unable to withdraw money with a credit card from various atm's.

Riodulce
05-28-09, 15:43
i had basically a nightmare when i was in guatemala. i had 6 credit cards and none of them would work at the atms. my debit card would not. the banks wouldnt take the debit card because it said debit even though it was a credit card linked to my account. I literally went to every atm in zona 10 and none of my cards would work. I finally talked one bank into letting me use my check card at there bank. they were convinced it wouldnt work but it did. it was basically a nightmare that i avoiding by luckily taking some cash with me from the states. Then I went to antigua and the same problem happened. i spent almost two days going to the banks and was able to take out limited cash on my emergency credit cards because they had limits for cash advance. the fucked up think about it, my check card worked at the first atm i used in el salvador and every atm i used in nicaragua. i was planning on returning to guatemala but i said fuck it because of the problem and stayed in managua. so my advice is dont count on the atms in guatemala and bring some cash.I live in Guatemala and know many people who use there cards here without a problem. I suspect that a hold might have been put on your cards(s) after you used it once in Guatemala. Card Security frequently will do that when a charge suddenly appears outside of your normal area of activity. They think that the card or card number may have been stolen and they wait for you to call them and ask what's up.

Eboniman
05-29-09, 15:37
I'd also like to report atm troubles. Right there in the zona viva (zone 10), I used the atm machine next to the shopping mall entrance. (passed hooters where all the taxis park).

I first tried 300. I thought that was too much and tried 200. I just figured it wouldn't work so I didn't try again at any other machines.

This was, oh, about 4 days ago now.

Stiffmeister
06-14-09, 19:18
Just found out some funny Guatemalan trivia. Noticed down the street from a Guatemalteca friend's house in Xela was a door with a red light over it. I've noticed this before in other parts of town, in fact at a house near Los Gemales and Cumbala I, and I just assumed it had the same meaning as other parts of the world, "red light district."

I asked her about it, and my friend said, "Oh, that means they sell comida tipica, like tamales, tamalitos, tortillas." I explained what it means in other countries, as in Zona Roja, red light district, her eyes got big and she said you mean a casa de sitas? She thought it was funny.

So don't go knocking on a door with a red light expecting anything other than a Guatemalan mother to open it and offer home-made tamalitos.

Mountain Guy
06-25-09, 00:17
But if the door has a Gallo sign above it, it is a chica house. Knock and they will let you in. The talent was not much, but I figure if you knock on enough doors you might finally find a chica that is not fat, ugly, or both. If you have to get serviced in Xela, your best bet is to head over to Cumbala II.

Just found out some funny Guatemalan trivia. Noticed down the street from a Guatemalteca friend's house in Xela was a door with a red light over it. I've noticed this before in other parts of town, in fact at a house near Los Gemales and Cumbala I, and I just assumed it had the same meaning as other parts of the world, "red light district."

I asked her about it, and my friend said, "Oh, that means they sell comida tipica, like tamales, tamalitos, tortillas." I explained what it means in other countries, as in Zona Roja, red light district, her eyes got big and she said you mean a casa de sitas? She thought it was funny.

So don't go knocking on a door with a red light expecting anything other than a Guatemalan mother to open it and offer home-made tamalitos.

Gator5556
01-07-10, 01:43
Going on a cruise in March and I am going to have 8hrs to kill in Santo Tomas, Guatemala. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Riodulce
01-08-10, 20:08
Going on a cruise in March and I am going to have 8hrs to kill in Santo Tomas, Guatemala. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Santo Tomas / Puerto Barrios is a very good area for playing.

In Puerto Barrios is Mama Thelma's, any Cab driver should know where it is. It is upscale and a little more expensive ($50 US) than the regular Bars but generally has good quality.

If you want a little cheaper ($20 US) try the California Bar or the Diana Bar or just about any other place that says Bar. There are a number of other Bars in PB that you can check out. Basically if the establishment has the word "Bar" in the name there are chicas for P4P.

There is also a place called the Kiosk just outside the main gate at Santa Tomas. Go out the gate and turn right. About a half block down on the right is a restaurant with an Ice Cream store in front of it. Chicas hang there, mostly in the evenings.

Happy hunting.

Generous Gent
01-27-10, 11:23
Returnng to P.G. via Puerto Barrios and curious is there is any massage available. Must be something although walking about, you'd never know. Newspaper no help, unless you're in Guatemala City. Anyone?

Riodulce
01-28-10, 11:50
Returnng to P.G. via Puerto Barrios and curious is there is any massage available. Must be something although walking about, you'd never know. Newspaper no help, unless you're in Guatemala City. Anyone?

Mama Thelma's is probably your best bet. It's right next to the container terminal but I don't remember the street numbers. Ask a taxi driver to take you.

Professor 1
03-20-10, 03:23
I will be visiting Guatemala soon, and staying in Antigua. I understand the action is in Guatemala City. Do you guys suggest that I rent a car for the week, and commute to the city, or simply take a taxi once per day in each direction. Also, if you suggest a taxi, how is the parking? Thanks.

Riodulce
03-20-10, 13:32
I will be visiting Guatemala soon, and staying in Antigua. I understand the action is in Guatemala City. Do you guys suggest that I rent a car for the week, and commute to the city, or simply take a taxi once per day in each direction. Also, if you suggest a taxi, how is the parking? Thanks.

For someone who does not know the city I would recommend using taxi's.

The biggest problem with renting a car is finding your way around. Streets are not well marked and many are one way. You will often get on a one way street and then have great difficulty getting back to where you want to be. It's very easy to get lost and Guate can be very frustrating. On the other hand, you may want a car to do other exploring such as Lake Atitlan.

Not sure why you would care about parking if you took a taxi but maybe you meant if you rented a car. There are public parking lots but they are not always close to where you want to be. I drive in the city and generally find parking but it can sometimes be difficult. At night I always use a taxi to go to places like La Club because public parking is closed and there is no street parking available.

I think I would rent a car for roaming outside Guate and use taxi's inside the city.

Professor 1
03-20-10, 21:30
For someone who does not know the city I would recommend using taxi's.

The biggest problem with renting a car is finding your way around. Streets are not well marked and many are one way. You will often get on a one way street and then have great difficulty getting back to where you want to be. It's very easy to get lost and Guate can be very frustrating. On the other hand, you may want a car to do other exploring such as Lake Atitlan.

Not sure why you would care about parking if you took a taxi but maybe you meant if you rented a car. There are public parking lots but they are not always close to where you want to be. I drive in the city and generally find parking but it can sometimes be difficult. At night I always use a taxi to go to places like La Club because public parking is closed and there is no street parking available.

I think I would rent a car for roaming outside Guate and use taxi's inside the city.

Thanks, Rio. While reviewing a travel website, I noticed that a bus runs from Antigua to Guatemala City between 6 A.M. and 7 P.M. I may take the public bus into the city, then take a taxi back to Antigua in the evening. Thanks, again.

Golfinho
03-21-10, 04:13
Thanks, Rio. While reviewing a travel website, I noticed that a bus runs from Antigua to Guatemala City between 6 A.M. and 7 P.M. I may take the public bus into the city, then take a taxi back to Antigua in the evening. Thanks, again.Travelled that route myself less than two weeks ago. Taxi was all of $15 (one-way). There is transit running GCity-Antigua: other than the public bus (with many stops) there are private shuttles -- vans, mini-bus, et. al. which you can use. Through the 'travel agent' desks in Antigua, you'll find the info you need.

Professor 1
03-23-10, 01:01
Travelled that route myself less than two weeks ago. Taxi was all of $15 (one-way). There is transit running GCity-Antigua: other than the public bus (with many stops) there are private shuttles -- vans, mini-bus, et. al. which you can use. Through the 'travel agent' desks in Antigua, you'll find the info you need.

Thanks, Brother. Whew, US$15, that's a LOT of money in America Central. :)

Psychman
05-03-10, 05:10
Anyone have any info on "bars" (casas) in Chichicastenago, Panahanchel, and Flores/Santa Elena? I will be on a very straight tour, but will have time to play in the evening. I am not going to these places to monger, but........ I know that picking will be slim, but any info would be appeciated.

Strangeman
05-30-10, 01:17
Hola fellow mongers. New guy here. I have RTFF for some time now, but will soon be in a position to contribute as well. This fall I intend to spend a month or more south of the US, most likely in a Spanish immersion class whilst partaking of the local culture (heh). What I am looking for is a place where the cost of living is low(ish), the monger scene is prolific and the amateur scene is fair to good and good diving water is not too far away. Just a couple quick questions for those who know.

- Does anyone have a good recommendation regarding a particular Spanish immersion course? There are plenty online, and plenty that are given by reputable universities. What I am looking for are any personal experiences, bad or good, that will give me further information. The prices for the classes in Guatemala seem very low. That will certainly be a factor in my decision so long as they are not absolute shite.

- From what I understand, the cost of living in Guatemala is low for Central America, the monger scene is kind of hit-or-miss and the amateur scene is bad to non-existent. Is this about right?

- CR, Belize and Panama are famous for their diving. Hows the diving in Guatemala?

Coonrod
06-04-10, 12:49
Anyone know of casas in Escuintla or Puerto San Jose?

Coonrod

Coonrod
06-16-10, 01:43
Gentlemen, I am traveling within the next week to Guatemala. Don't always have the opportunity to hit the city. Looking for any information about casas in Escuintla or PSJ.

Coonrod

Civid
06-16-10, 06:43
Coonrod -
I don't know those areas very well yet and haven't had a chance to explore them. But there are casas and clubs in very descent sized town in Guatemala. I know for sure there are some in Escuintla becuase there was a robbery and murder at one a couple of months ago and it was all over the news here. Don't let that deter you though. Just ask a taxi driver and they will get you to the chicas.

If you are able to get some actual names and addresses during your travel in Esquintla and PSJ, please post for the rest of us.

Gentlemen, I am traveling within the next week to Guatemala. Don't always have the opportunity to hit the city. Looking for any information about casas in Escuintla or PSJ.

Coonrod

Riodulce
06-17-10, 12:41
4a Ave 12-27 Zona 9 (next to Del Tingo Al Tango restaurant)
Went by there last week and is no longer a casa :-(

West Wood2
10-25-10, 20:06
I went to Guatemala City on June 2, 2010 for a two week vacation stay. I stayed at the Hotel Spring, 8aAvenida 12-65, Zona 1. The room was very nice and cost less than 17 dollars a night. It included a shower and two beds. Their web site is http://www.Unclic.com/spring/location.htm. The hotel does not allow guest s and is very safe to stay at. The ladies were very nice in Guatemala City. I followed the advice on the forum which was to get a copy of the La Prensa Libre which is the local news paper. In the news paper are listed massages and their addresses. I walked to each place which was located in easy walking distance from the hotel and for a complete massage which included everything it cost 50 dollars. There are also street walkers near the hotel I stayed at. The street walkers seemed clean and cost 20 to 30 dollars. I am and older person and am retired. For a person on a fixed income, I would recommend going to Guatemala City. I carried a lot of cash in a money belt. I am street wise and avoided any problems. Each restaurant has heavy security with an armed guard at its entrance. That was a little unnerving. The air port banks have the worst exchange rate. Money exchangers closely inspect USA bills and if there is a small tear in the currency they will not exchange it. I did find an ATM down town to exchange money. I was able to join a gym for 17 dollars for 30 days that was new and very nice. I went on a number of tours and recommend the Agencia de Viajes Inter Quentzal at 7a. Ave. 1-20 Zona 4 Edif. Torre Café, Of. 204 Tels: (502) 2360-1432. Overall it was a fun trip. If I did not have nonrefundable tickets I would have probably canceled the trip. On May 29, 2010, 20 miles from Guatemala City there was a major volcanic eruption and there was volcanic ash all over the city which had been swept up in large piles while I was there. On May 30, 2010 tropical storm Agatha had hit Guatemala with major destruction. Because of the storm, the roads were very exciting to drive on. Also, while I was in Guatemala, the airlines that I had flown in on, Spirit had a pilot strike and I had to fly home on another airlines. Fortunately I had trip insurance. I got sick twice and recommend not eating the lettuce.

Eric7
10-26-10, 03:33
Thanks for the update on the hotel.
I am amazed such a nice clean place exists in Zona 1, and at a great price. About twice that amount at Los Torres in Zona 10, but easier and safer to manuver later in the evening than Zona 1.
I am sure you probably didn't walk around there after 8pm, as is possible in Zona 4 & 10. But none-the-less, the place looks very nice.

Wow, what a drag you ran into while down there...the volcano, hurricane and pilot strike.
You hit the trifecta my friend.

Thanks for your report.

Civid
11-05-10, 02:16
Sorry for my delayed response on this, but Riodulce is correct, the casa is no more. Although it is still full of *****s. About 20 girls that work at the Moulin Rouge club live there now.

Its becoming a bit of a common practice. Over in Zone 5 there is a house for most of the Caprichos girls (now called Belagios).

I guess its a way for the clubs to limit the freelancing and keep tabs on the girls. I tried to get a Moulin Rouge girl to come spend the night with me after Moulin Rouge closed so I could pay her directly and not the club. But she explained if she didn't go back to the house after the club closed she would get in trouble. So I ended up paying the club fee to bring her home for the night. They don't have problems going out on Sunday's though, so that still works for freelance opportunities.

4a Ave 12-27 Zona 9 (next to Del Tingo Al Tango restaurant)
Went by there last week and is no longer a casa :-(

Sky Jump
11-14-10, 01:12
Well down in Guatemala right now and has changed alot since my last time here in 91. There are still a bunch of armed guards but nothing like when the civil war was going onback then.

No longer need to ride the chicken buses to get evry where, there are tourist shuttles running everywhere with usally just gringo backpackers. Some are ok and some still suck (shuttles). Least for me I'm 6' 3".

Also last time I was in the mountains it was either speak spanish or sharades. For me at that time it was all sharades.

Now I have shitty spanish that gets me around and fed but not much for conversation so back to school on Monday.

I pulled into San Pedro up at Atitlan and everything is in english. Lots of travelers and still cheap. So you can travel here with out any spanish and get by. Staying at a place called Mikaso right on the lake. About $20 us a night. Bit of party seen for the younger crowd but clean rooms and excellent food. Actually tons of good eats around here, but will be surprized to find much mongering. Hoping someone on here has some good news for me.

People here are still very friendly and that helps make a place, but I still like Colombia much better, but you need some spanish skills there. Hopefully the schooling here will help me out some more.

Cheers everyone

Sky

Buscando
04-08-11, 16:21
i travel to guate on a regular basis for work. it has only been recently that i have been pursuing the hobby in guatemala, mainly because i feared for my safety and well being. hormones got the best of me about a year ago. i grabbed a copy of the prensa and found a place in zona 4. i found the location without too many problems.

i was met at the door by a bouncer who asked me why i was there. i told him i was looking for a girl. he told me to wait, then disappeared up stairs. it felt like i was waiting for hours, but it was probably only 2 or 3 minutes. everyone on the street knows what goes on there and it seemed as though one in four would stop and stare at the gringo waiting to get laid.

the bouncer led me upstairs to what appeared to be a very run down strip club. they offered me a drink and brought me a document i had to fill out. after i completed the paper work, a line of about 6 girls came out and stood in front of me. there were three chubby girls who were cute, but definitely looked ****. i decided not to take my chances so i chose one of the older girls.

she was very bubbly and polite. she took me back into a room where there was a bed and a window open to the hustle and bustle of zona 4. she pulled out a hand full of condoms and then reached into my pants to get me going. she worked me up with a bbbj then rolled the condom on. i laid on the bed and she went for a ride. she really got into the act, bucking and thrashing and moaning the entire time. after i came she started over again. i was sure to include a tip for her hard work.

the last time i was down in september of 2010. i stayed in antigua. i asked a tuk tuk driver where the girls were. he directed me to jocotenengo about 5 miles up the road from antigua. i found a place that was open at 3 in the afternoon. i went in, bought a drink then was approached by one of the girls. same thing, took me up stairs to a small bedroom and rocked my world. she was about a 7 out of 10. a little older, but had a good body. lots of chit chat between her and the other girls as i was leaving.

i would like to know where i can find some better quality girls if anybody has any tips.

Kronous
08-11-11, 22:56
I would like to travel to Central America before the end of this month however, I'm not sure which place would be the best for me considering hobbyng cost and safety. I'm well traveled in Asia and I have been to Haiti once so this would not be my first rodeo. Elements to consider would be be that I only speak basic Spanish and I only have a week to spend. I need insights from a well traveled pro. I have read the forums for Guate, Costa, Nic and Belize but I'm not sure one offers any advantage over the other. Belize was the only place that seemed to be less hospitable to hobbying. Any help would be appreciated.

Nibu Raphael
02-28-13, 01:42
HI Dude,

Cool where you been I too always wanted to to Haiti Kronous Was in Dr twice, Maybe next time I will go To Haiti when I'm in DR.

I shall be in Guatemala arriving probably thru Tapachula on Plane from Guadalajara. Any updates then how to bus it from there to G C?

Post here folks or pm me on this, Keep in touch too Kronuos, Later, Nibs. QUOTE=Kronous; 1186137]I would like to travel to Central America before the end of this month however, I'm not sure which place would be the best for me considering hobbyng cost and safety. I'm well traveled in Asia and I have been to Haiti once so this would not be my first rodeo. Elements to consider would be be that I only speak basic Spanish and I only have a week to spend. I need insights from a well traveled pro. I have read the forums for Guate, Costa, Nic and Belize but I'm not sure one offers any advantage over the other. Belize was the only place that seemed to be less hospitable to hobbying. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Maha Siddha
03-20-13, 22:44
I will be in Quatemala City for a few days.

What will be a good hotel to stay for getting chica?

And a good website?

I speak little spanish.

Dickhead
05-22-13, 02:16
Mongers: I am seeking information about the Guatemala City airport versus the Managua airport. I will be using miles so which one is cheaper to fly into does not matter. I seek info about cost of ground transportation and general pain in the assedness associated with these two airports. Ease of in and out, degree of rundownedness, this type of thing.

Thanks!

Dickhead
02-24-15, 05:18
Gentlemen: I have been in Guatemala for about a month now and I have some observations to share. Regarding flying in to the country, I recommend staying at the Casa Blanca which is literally adjacent to the exit gate at the airport. They will pick you up and take you back, and the drivers were ecstatic to be tipped $2 for the ride and carrying my luggage upstairs. If that does not appeal you can walk there. I know it might sound shaky but you have to see it. A couple of hundred well lit meters to the gate (go to the left exiting the airport) and as soon as you hit the security gate it is on your right. Good free breakfast as well.

This is an economical alternative for the budget traveler. A lot of potentially useful drugs such as Ambien, Vicodin, and Xanax are available over the counter. It is important to know that by law, you are entitled to a 30% discount on medications, but you have to ask for it, in some form of Spanish, or you will not receive it. Vicodin is less than $1 a pill with the discount and Ambien is about $1. 75 per pill. Weed is easy to find and can be smoked somewhat openly in the evenings at the many rooftop bars. About $30 an ounce and also know that they use pounds and ounces here, as well as gallons. Libras, onzas, and galones. They don't really know about kilograms.

Now, I always give beer prices. The cheapest local beer is Bravha and goes for 3. 5 quetzales for a 12 ounce can in the supermarket, but up to twice for that in the convenience stores, depending on how late at night it is, how stupid you look, and your level of Spanish. So it is 7. 65 quetzals to the dollar and that has been rock steady since I have been there. You can get returnable liters as low as 8 quetzales. 980 CL of Bacardi is 47.95 quetzales in the supermarket. That is a bit over 6 dollars. My favorite lunch place is 20 Q and they love a 2 Q tip. Many others for 25 or for 40 with two beers. Beer prices in bars range from 10 at happy hour to 25. Buy bags of cut up fruit or veggies (make sure you don't eat the peels if there are any, like with the radishes) for 5 Q and 3-4 tortillas for 1 Q /.

Lots of eurosluts running around Antigua so no need to monger but I did find the places in Jocotenango and you could walk there in the afternoon but don't walk the fuck back, at all. Anything north of Primera Calle in Antigua gets real shaky real fast. Probably I will need the services in Joco before I leave and will report accordingly.

Suerte, hermanos!

Dickhead
02-03-18, 04:19
Gentlemen:

I have now spent about six months total in this country and I like it a lot, and might start spending half the year here. But it is not a mongering destination. If you find yourself here, there is an adequate supply of prostitutes. Don't come down here for a few days or a week to monger because you will be disappointed. And that is true whether you speak Spanish or not. If you don't speak Spanish, you will really be wasting your time. Guatemalans, or chapines as they call themselves, are probably the friendliest people overall I have met in all of LatAm. But the mongering is definitely sub-par in terms of looks, venues, and ease of access.

Gagoo
02-03-18, 09:23
Gentlemen: I have been in Guatemala for about a month now and I have some observations to share. Regarding flying in to the country, I recommend staying at the Casa Blanca which is literally adjacent to the exit gate at the airport. They will pick you up and take you back, and the drivers were ecstatic to be tipped $2 for the ride and carrying my luggage upstairs. If that does not appeal you can walk there. I know it might sound shaky but you have to see it. A couple of hundred well lit meters to the gate (go to the left exiting the airport) and as soon as you hit the security gate it is on your right. Good free breakfast as well.

This is an economical alternative for the budget traveler. A lot of potentially useful drugs such as Ambien, Vicodin, and Xanax are available over the counter. It is important to know that by law, you are entitled to a 30% discount on medications, but you have to ask for it, in some form of Spanish, or you will not receive it. Vicodin is less than $1 a pill with the discount and Ambien is about $1. 75 per pill. Weed is easy to find and can be smoked somewhat openly in the evenings at the many rooftop bars. About $30 an ounce and also know that they use pounds and ounces here, as well as gallons. Libras, onzas, and galones. They don't really know about kilograms.

Now, I always give beer prices. The cheapest local beer is Bravha and goes for 3. 5 quetzales for a 12 ounce can in the supermarket, but up to twice for that in the convenience stores, depending on how late at night it is, how stupid you look, and your level of Spanish. So it is 7. 65 quetzals to the dollar and that has been rock steady since I have been there. You can get returnable liters as low as 8 quetzales. 980 CL of Bacardi is 47.95 quetzales in the supermarket. That is a bit over 6 dollars. My favorite lunch place is 20 Q and they love a 2 Q tip. Many others for 25 or for 40 with two beers. Beer prices in bars range from 10 at happy hour to 25. Buy bags of cut up fruit or veggies (make sure you don't eat the peels if there are any, like with the radishes) for 5 Q and 3-4 tortillas for 1 Q /.

Lots of eurosluts running around Antigua so no need to monger but I did find the places in Jocotenango and you could walk there in the afternoon but don't walk the fuck back, at all. Anything north of Primera Calle in Antigua gets real shaky real fast. Probably I will need the services in Joco before I leave and will report accordingly.

Suerte, hermanos!I have been here before and every other Latin America country except Venezuela. I always like to test the pharmacies also. But I haven't tried one here before. The only other country that I can think is easy to get something like Ambien is Peru and if they have it Nicaragua will give you whatever they have. I used to know a pharmacy in Bogota that had a special box full of stuff, but the last time I went there he pretended like he didn't have his big box of goodies anymore. Also in Cabo Can Lucas there is a pharmacy that sells meds made in India. It all seemed legit to me, but the prices aren't very cheap. I don't see a pharmacy here in GUA on every block like they have in Colombia though. But I'll check some out.

Dickhead
02-03-18, 15:22
There are perhaps even more pharmacies than blocks in Antigua, and many, many in Panajachel. Quetzaltenango has fewer and I never tried to get anything there (stocked up in Antigua instead).