PDA

View Full Version : Is Panama City Worth Visiting Enroute To Columbia?

Exoticspirit
11-30-13, 00:48
I'm looking at Medellin as a next possible destination and I noticed that all routes for me if flying on points must go through Panama City. I can choose the shortest layover which is about an hour or a longer one to possible stay a night. Question. Is Panama City worth a visit from either chica and / or tourism point of view?

Smuler
11-30-13, 02:05
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/travel/panama-city-rising.html

Best Regards.

Smuler

Member #4244
11-30-13, 03:01
I would just skip it, it's pretty Americanized and while there are a lot of girls the best ones are Colombians and unlikely to give you the same GFE you'd get on their own soil.

The whole point of flying through there is a short, more direct trip than going through FLL, MIA, etc.

Vegas Jeff
11-30-13, 09:57
I'm looking at Medellin as a next possible destination and I noticed that all routes for me if flying on points must go through Panama City. I can choose the shortest layover which is about an hour or a longer one to possible stay a night. Question. Is Panama City worth a visit from either chica and / or tourism point of view?If you stay to see the girl scene in Panama that is up to you. As far as the airport goes it is easy to get to next flight. 5 min average. They have a subway and a couple other similar restaurants. I grab Copa through Panama when I can get it. Great airline and route.

Ricker
11-30-13, 17:52
I would just skip it, it's pretty Americanized and while there are a lot of girls the best ones are Colombians and unlikely to give you the same GFE you'd get on their own soil.

The whole point of flying through there is a short, more direct trip than going through FLL, MIA, etc.I agree with Wilt unless you also want to do the touristy tour of the Panama Canal too, and then take a visit to the clubs since you're there.

IMO, it's not worth staying for PFP only since Colombia is so much better.

If you do stay, I remember visiting Golden Times and also a little club across the highway called, I believe, the American Club.

Had fun in both those places, but much more in Colombia.

Enjoy!

Mr Enternational
11-30-13, 18:37
Since you have to go there anyway, why not go and take a look. That is one extra place you can say you have been. Go check out Miraflores Locks. Other than that (learning about the canal) there isn't anything else to do tourism-wise. Shit, you may end up loving the place. Different strokes for different folks.

Member #4244
11-30-13, 19:08
Since you have to go there anyway, why not go and take a look. That is one extra place you can say you have been. Go check out Miraflores Locks. Other than that (learning about the canal) there isn't anything else to do tourism-wise. Shit, you may end up loving the place. Different strokes for different folks.Some people I know really like it, it's pretty Americanized and it's always hot.

Manny51
12-02-13, 00:56
If you like your punting "organized," I. E. Particular bars and hotspots, like the Del Rey in San Jose, where they hang out then Panama City is fine. MDE isn't as organized, so it adds some nice variety. But all the hottest women in PC are Colombian, and when you get to the source, you'll wonder why you bothered with PC in the first place.

That being said, Panama is an interesting country to visit on its own merits, tourist-wise. I would recommend a day there to at least see the locks at the Panama Canal.

StudBucket
12-02-13, 01:07
If you are okay with paying USA prices for short time, then you won't mind Panama. Otherwise, I would skip it. Very touristy, economy is too strong so you will pay a premium for the chicas. And there is not a lot to do thats interesting, its very commercialized.

Mr Enternational
12-02-13, 04:11
If you are okay with paying USA prices for short time, then you won't mind Panama. Otherwise, I would skip it. Very touristy, economy is too strong so you will pay a premium for the chicas. And there is not a lot to do thats interesting, its very commercialized.Never that. I only mongered in La Mayor. $10 ST. During my times in Panama I had plenty of non-pros to keep me busy though, so even La Mayor was few and far between.

DuckmanII
05-01-14, 20:12
I'm looking at Medellin as a next possible destination and I noticed that all routes for me if flying on points must go through Panama City. I can choose the shortest layover which is about an hour or a longer one to possible stay a night. Question. Is Panama City worth a visit from either chica and / or tourism point of view?The Veneto is good or the cigar shop is even better habanero's. Lots of chicas there.

Ransu1
08-22-14, 19:27
VivaColombia now do cheap flights from Colombia to Panama. Only condition, its hard to book using a non Colombian credit or debit card.I heard that at well after I had booked my flight. But I had no problem: booked from the US with a US credit card, Medellin to Panama City; one-way; $97. I even got money back when I checked in at MDE because part of the ticket price included an export tax for Colombian nationals.

Manny51
08-23-14, 04:45
Since you have to go there anyway, why not go and take a look. That is one extra place you can say you have been. Go check out Miraflores Locks. Other than that (learning about the canal) there isn't anything else to do tourism-wise. Shit, you may end up loving the place. Different strokes for different folks.+1 Agree.

Worth the layover to see the Panama Canal. Panama is not worth a trip on its own, which is why you should take advantage of a long layover. Just make sure that the flight schedule actually gives you enough time to visit the canal, and see a ship passing through. Allow at least one hour there, if not a little more. From what I remember, it was a 30 taxi ride from the Veneto Hotel (where you will probably be staying.) If its an early morning flight out, and you can't see the lockes, then its not worth the layover. Do it the second time you visit Colombia. There WILL be a second time!

Buffed
10-03-16, 01:50
.......But all the hottest women in PC are Colombian, and when you get to the source, you'll wonder why you bothered with PC in the first place.I came to the same conclusion about going to the source, however, I really enjoyed PC. If you're looking for something comparable to Del Rey in CR I'd take Veneto / Habano's since the financial district is much nicer / safer than San Jose. Also the girls are hotter and better in-bed. Best of all Veneto is non-smoking. $150 for the quality of girls I pulled out of Veneto is chicken feed.