PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine Politics

LilJoey
01-20-14, 15:05
The unrest and confrontation between demonstrators and police have significantly intensified, in the wake of new repressive anti-demonstration laws pushed through and signed into law last week:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25798320

Leggio1
01-21-14, 17:09
The unrest and confrontation between demonstrators and police have significantly intensified, in the wake of new repressive anti-demonstration laws pushed through and signed into law last week:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25798320I would say the fear factor is about a 9 here. Feels like something bad is going to happen. You shouldn't be in Kiev unless you have necessary business.

LilJoey
01-22-14, 16:31
I would say the fear factor is about a 9 here. Feels like something bad is going to happen. You shouldn't be in Kiev unless you have necessary business.Today, the day when the new anti-demonstration laws hastily pushed through last week into law, were set to come into effect, brought renewed violence.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25838962

It seems to be getting uglier. Make no mistake. This is part of the power play being orchestrated by Russia, to bring Ukraine back into its controlling orbit, rather than allow Ukraine to be drawn in further to the EU. Having gained freedom and independence after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, there are many, many citizens of Ukraine who are passionate about their freedom and from independence from Soviet domination. In this instance, Russia ponied up much needed millions, and Ukraine's current leaders facing powerful economic crisis, sold the nation's soul, since EU was not meeting their economic needs in the same way. Unfortunately, although it is generally held in the West that freedom is worth fighting for, and paying a price for, it was not a price Ukraine's current leadership was willing to pay.

But the story is far from over, because there are many in Ukraine that are committed to the struggle to retain what freedoms they have attained. And the noises emanating from Russia's politicians sound quite ominous. My fear is that the clashes we have seen localized on a few streets in Kiev, have the potential to bring on forceful government repression, and the struggle may widen, and engulf those who happen to be there at the time.

It's a wise time to be elsewhere.

I am pretty much decided that I should cancel the visit to Kiev that I had scheduled for next week. And I will wait and see how things play out in Kiev for a while, before rescheduling a visit.

Misc123
01-22-14, 17:04
your personal safety.

1. be sure to walk after dark in groups of 3-4 people. frequent crowded places. the main threat may come from titushki (hired thugs).

2. make sure a few people always know your location.

3. after 9 pm, use a taxi. it is best not to go outside.

4. if there is a threat, immediately inform your contact group of the situation. to save time, you can make a template sos sms or put a phone number on speed dial. write down several phone numbers separately on a piece of paper or make note of them in case you lose your mobile.

5. always carry identification: your passport, your temporary or permanent residency card or at least a copy of your passport. remind your ukrainian friends who do not have residence in kyiv that it is advisable to carry any certificate or a certificate that binds them to kyiv. it may be even a business card, pass, any document which is evidence that they are in kyiv on a regular basis, and did not get to participate in public events.

6. if there is a curfew, do not violate it.

7. refrain from wearing ribbons, symbols, or things that identify you with the protests.

8. if telephones or the internet is disconnected, do not panic, remember that people behaved before the digital age.

if all else fails, watch some old or videos read a book or stay in your hotel or apartment

remember: police have almost unlimited rights.

stay safe.

ciao.

misc

Muddy7
01-23-14, 01:38
Kiev Is Burning: Protests In Ukraine Explode In Flames (PHOTOS)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/kiev-burning-photos_n_4645024.html

Sorbonne
01-24-14, 10:51

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/kiev-burning-photos_n_4645024.htmlI think all these photos come from only one street in Kiev that runs along the park / Dnipro River.

Sorbonne
01-24-14, 10:59

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/22/kiev-burning-photos_n_4645024.htmlI think all these photos come from only one street in Kiev that runs along the park / Dnipro River.

Leggio1
01-24-14, 15:04
Today, the day when the new anti-demonstration laws hastily pushed through last week into law, were set to come into effect, brought renewed violence.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25838962

It seems to be getting uglier. Make no mistake. This is part of the power play being orchestrated by Russia, to bring Ukraine back into its controlling orbit, rather than allow Ukraine to be drawn in further to the EU. Having gained freedom and independence after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, there are many, many citizens of Ukraine who are passionate about their freedom and from independence from Soviet domination. In this instance, Russia ponied up much needed millions, and Ukraine's current leaders facing powerful economic crisis, sold the nation's soul, since EU was not meeting their economic needs in the same way. Unfortunately, although it is generally held in the West that freedom is worth fighting for, and paying a price for, it was not a price Ukraine's current leadership was willing to pay.

But the story is far from over, because there are many in Ukraine that are committed to the struggle to retain what freedoms they have attained. And the noises emanating from Russia's politicians sound quite ominous. My fear is that the clashes we have seen localized on a few streets in Kiev, have the potential to bring on forceful government repression, and the struggle may widen, and engulf those who happen to be there at the time.

It's a wise time to be elsewhere.

I am pretty much decided that I should cancel the visit to Kiev that I had scheduled for next week. And I will wait and see how things play out in Kiev for a while, before rescheduling a visit.Freedom? They never say this is what they fight for. More like they accept shit deck of cards for themselves but will not accept it for their kids.

Muddy7
01-24-14, 16:55
http://www.youtube.com/results?filters=today&search_query=kiev&lclk=today

Sorbonne
01-24-14, 19:53
Shall we go join the protest, or shall we say,"Enjoy Kiev when we can?"

Sorbonne
01-24-14, 20:41
Freedom? They never say this is what they fight for. More like they accept shit deck of cards for themselves but will not accept it for their kids.I think it's right to say they are ultimately fighting for "freedom," which can be interpreted in many different ways.

(Let's not forget: this is a p4p board.)

AColonizer
01-26-14, 15:47
So, what is happening in the center of Kiev? Are riots all over Kiev? Is it better to hire an apartment not in the center of Kiev?

Tomux 22
01-27-14, 02:22
So, what is happening in the center of Kiev? Are riots all over Kiev? Is it better to hire an apartment not in the center of Kiev?Birdie told me it looks like hell and ruined. 100% not in center! Sure depends what you call center.......

Uoykucf
02-01-14, 15:50
Protests and streets are turning violent in Kiev. You shouldn't be here if you don't have to.

AdelaT
02-01-14, 22:29
I second your opinion. There isn't much justification of going to Kiev. The high cost of daily living expenses and the high cost of flying for those who live far away make it silly going there just for the purpose you described.Kiev will remain a lovely place to me.

Hope things will get better soon.

Spark78
02-02-14, 12:25
Right things are not safe any longer for foreigners who are visiting. Try to keep out.

I am reluctant to post anything here; some "Ukraine professionals" flamed me much the last time I did, just because I was not aware that since my last visit (then) , River Palace has been towed away. Well, I do want to be fair to my fellow mongers, as I overcome the aforementioned hesitation, and give back to the Forum something useful, this time.

I celebrated New Year in Kiev, on the eve of revolution (barricades were already standing and the lights on Maidan have been extinguished. No tree this year.) , and I scored a very nice "almost freebie" (Ukrainian-Armenian, damage 600 hrivna "Support and taxi Money" for an all-nighter) using the method I prefer. Went to "Forsazh" on Friday night, at midnight, paid the silly 1000 hrivna "table deposit" (Drinks and food for the value included. I`m a fat guy, eat a lot of Sushi and wash it down with sparkly wine). Just make sure that you stay on the ground floor, the closer to the DJ the better, not the first, or the second floor, or the Basement (yes, on good nights, there are four floors open for the guests!) , and make that bottle of a bit sweetish, but otherwise quite correct "Asti Martini Prosecco" visible to the dyevs dancing. If you keep a smile on your face and a playful sparkle in your eye. And if you master some basic Russian (I am fluent, but my friend who is Spanish and can just say "vodka" and "Stalin" in Russian, he scored too). There will soon be some nice student-semi-pros vying for your attention...

Uoykucf
02-04-14, 16:16
Kiev will remain a lovely place to me.

Hope things will get better soon.Kiev has good "sightseeing" with many beautiful historic bulidings along the main streets but too bad the most prominent of the main streets, Kreschatic street, is hindered by the protests.

Kiev is dangerous for foreigners now with protests turning violent and militia crackdowns.

Besides many of the best talents had already left Ukraine years ago.

AdelaT
02-04-14, 21:40
Kiev has good "sightseeing" with many beautiful historic bulidings along the main streets but too bad the most prominent of the main streets, Kreschatic street, is hindered by the protests.

Kiev is dangerous for foreigners now with protests turning violent and militia crackdowns.

Besides many of the best talents had already left Ukraine years ago.However, I definitely look foreigner, I never had any single problem in Kiev. I have been there dozens of times, but I agree now it is not the best time to be there. We hope for the best for Ukraine.

Tomux 22
02-06-14, 21:40
However, I definitely look foreigner, I never had any single problem in Kiev. I have been there dozens of times, but I agree now it is not the best time to be there. We hope for the best for Ukraine.Stop that bullshit propaganda about how terrible and dangerouse it is in Kiev. Book your flights and go, just stay away Maidan. Plenty of chiks other places. Best for Ukraine?? What is best for Ukraine, smart people dont protest and understands this is international politics of who will colonaise Ukraine.

YellowPaul
02-06-14, 22:22
Stop that bullshit propaganda about how terrible and dangerouse it is in Kiev. Book your flights and go, just stay away Maidan. Plenty of chiks other places. Best for Ukraine?? What is best for Ukraine, smart people dont protest and understands this is international politics of who will colonaise Ukraine.I have been to Kiev enough times to know it's best to stay away now unless you speak fluent Russian and have some local contacts. There are plenty of other places you get you can women with a lot less hassle then Ukraine is currently.

Duesentrieb
02-06-14, 23:44
At the moment its best to stay away from Kiev. The political situation remains tense with little resolution in sight. I was in Kiev 40 times in the last 10 years- and I can tell that this city never was so dangerous for foreigners than now.

Muddy7
02-07-14, 05:44
The Association Agreement with the European Union (EU) offers neither membership, visa-free travel nor financial aid, which many protesters and EU-propagandizing journalists naively ignore, the Association Agreement has nothing in common with the dream version envisioned by its supporters in Ukraine. The proposed EU agreement for Ukraine falls patently short of any commitments to improve the lives of Ukrainians or truly give them new rights in Europe it burdens Ukraine with obligations to follow European directives on trade policy; technological and antimonopoly regulation; veterinary and phytosanitary control; subsidies and government purchases; intellectual rights; and the commitment to follow in the wake of European foreign policy. In the case of a signed Association Agreement with the EU, Ukraine puts itself under European jurisdiction as a unilaterally dependent colony.

Jojosun
02-07-14, 14:49
Found this site a good link for Updates on Kiev with commentary & analysis and what life is like on day 2 day basis including Maidan.

http://www.neweasterneurope.eu/articles-and-commentary/1050-crisis-in-kyiv-continuing-coverage-of-euromaidan-protests-in-ukraine.

Click on articles and commentary, Kiev.

"Most Recent Updates (Updated February 7th 2014), by Anna Mylnyk who is a participant in the protests in Maidan.

"Ukraine's opposition has announced that work is being done on a new constitution for Ukraine which limits the powers of the president and restores executive authority with the parliament. Vitali Klitschko's UDAR party urges a call for all MPs to restore the 04 constitution ".

It looks like some negotiations are ongoing. I really think at the end of the day, Jaw_Jaw rather than War_War will be the outcome of the present crises.

And this feedback is from someone on the ground there by Anna Mylnyk who is a participant in the protests in Maidan."Kyiv seems to live its own normal life. Yes, do not be surprised. The city functions as usual: you can go and see a movie, meet up with your friends in a restaurant, arrange some business with your bank or post office, etc. Yes, please realise that there are almost no obstacles to this. It looks like the people of Kyev live their usual day-to-day lives.".

A day in the life in Kiev, in the shadow of The EuroMaidan.

Jojosun
02-07-14, 14:56
The Association Agreement with the European Union (EU) offers neither membership, visa-free travel nor financial aid, which many protesters and EU-propagandizing journalists naively ignore, the Association Agreement has nothing in common with the dream version envisioned by its supporters in Ukraine. The proposed EU agreement for Ukraine falls patently short of any commitments to improve the lives of Ukrainians or truly give them new rights in Europe it burdens Ukraine with obligations to follow European directives on trade policy; technological and antimonopoly regulation; veterinary and phytosanitary control; subsidies and government purchases; intellectual rights; and the commitment to follow in the wake of European foreign policy. In the case of a signed Association Agreement with the EU, Ukraine puts itself under European jurisdiction as a unilaterally dependent colony.And it doesn't look from the inside as if there is a majority of Ukrainians who want to rush and join the EU. I think that day will come when Russia joins the club.

"A significant percentage of the people consider Yanukovych and company to be a good management team for Ukraine, and they are strongly against anything that even slightly reminds them of the West and Western values, whether it is European integration or the EuroMaidan. They think that the police and Berkut are guarding them, not Yanukovych, from the EuroMaidan 'criminals'. The point here is that these people, regardless of whether they are paid to tell that or they genuinely believe in it, are Ukrainians too. They hold the same nationality, they live in the same country and they, apparently, don't want any changes.".

http://www.neweasterneurope.eu/articles-and-commentary/1074-a-day-in-the-life-in-kyiv-in-the-shadow-of-the-euromaidan

Jojosun
02-07-14, 18:33
I do recall at the time of the Swine Flu, Epedimy. Nov 2009 as it was called then in Ukraine, both the US&UK governments issued Travel Warnings against all travel to Ukraine.

As it turned out that Swine Flu in UA was a bit of a Phantom Flu according to this.

Ukraine's Phantom Flu. Foreign Policy.

www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2009/11/25/ukraines_phantom_flu‎

25 Nov 2009. How Yulia Tymoshenko created a swine flu panic to get herself elected. As GDP contracted by over 15 percent in the third quarter of 2009 and.

At present there is no warning about travel to Ukraine by the 2 major Western governments, just advise to keep away from demonstrations and the area around Maidan.

Ravel. State. Gov / content / passports / english / alertswarnings / ukraine-travel-alert. Html.

" USA citizens are advised to avoid all protests, demonstrations, and large gatherings. USA citizens whose residences or hotels are located in the vicinity of the protests are cautioned to leave those areas"

UK government travel advice to British citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ukraine

"The demonstrations in Kiev are mainly taking place around Independence Square and European Square. You should avoid all demonstrations and large public gatherings."

Tourists & mongers still travelling to Bangkok and Thailand and parts of Bangkok at times were worse than Maidan.

Kiev & Ukraine would be a more civilized scene at times pf protests than Bangkok.

Poker Player 2
02-08-14, 06:42
I reckon you just love writing and you have all day to do it. I seldom read your posts and when I do read a few lines (by accident) , I have a hard time understanding the relevance to the subject matter of this board. Did you work as a lecturer when you were young?

Apologies in advance for appearing to be harsh. You will no doubt continue doing what you have always done.

Respect to all.

I do recall at the time of the Swine Flu, Epedimy. Nov 2009 as it was called then in Ukraine, both the US&UK governments issued Travel Warnings against all travel to Ukraine.

As it turned out that Swine Flu in UA was a bit of a Phantom Flu according to this.

Ukraine's Phantom Flu. Foreign Policy.

www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2009/11/25/ukraines_phantom_flu&#8206

;

25 Nov 2009. How Yulia Tymoshenko created a swine flu panic to get herself elected. As GDP contracted by over 15 percent in the third quarter of 2009 and.

At present there is no warning about travel to Ukraine by the 2 major Western governments, just advise to keep away from demonstrations and the area around Maidan.

Ravel. State. Gov / content / passports / english / alertswarnings / ukraine-travel-alert. Html.

" USA citizens are advised to avoid all protests, demonstrations, and large gatherings. USA citizens whose residences or hotels are located in the vicinity of the protests are cautioned to leave those areas"

UK government travel advice to British citizens.

"The demonstrations in Kiev are mainly taking place around Independence Square and European Square. You should avoid all demonstrations and large public gatherings."

Tourists & mongers still travelling to Bangkok and Thailand and parts of Bangkok at times were worse than Maidan.

Kiev & Ukraine would be a more civilized scene at times pf protests than Bangkok.

Me and You
02-08-14, 11:54
Stop that bullshit propaganda about how terrible and dangerouse it is in Kiev. Book your flights and go, just stay away Maidan. Plenty of chiks other places. Best for Ukraine?? What is best for Ukraine, smart people dont protest and understands this is international politics of who will colonaise Ukraine.I agree with you. I am in Kiev now and everything is usual, just avoid Maidan and half of Kreshatik where start the barricades, which are open for people to pass through and go their works, but better as foreigners no to go there. And better to stay away from Maidan and from politics as everybody is right as the country is divided between Europe and Russia. Things are calming down now.

Good luck to all.

LilJoey
02-09-14, 09:07
Many recent posts encouragingly note that life goes on as usual in the rest of the city of Kiev, and visitors are able to go about their business unmolested, as long as they stay away from the Maidan area and Khreshchatyk, because whatever violence there has been up until this point, has been limited to that specific area.

This kind of thinking is not adequate. It is not sufficient to take note only of what has been up until now. This situation is fluid and developing over time. It can go in different directions. It is required to consider what may develop in the near future, and whether you would want to be caught up in the middle of a government crackdown on the political opposition and the demonstrators and all their actual or imagined Western supporters, ties or influences, which is a possibility that may develop.

There are many factors at play, including international issues and pressures from various directions. The opposition wants to oust the current government. The current government may not want to accept being ousted. Though, hopefully a resolution can be found for the political conflict inside Ukraine that takes place in a peaceful manner. But make no mistake. The current government of Ukraine backed by the Russian government has the resources and power to crush the opposition in a violent manner and restore "order". The fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 is not ancient history. It is recent. And many of the same players are still in government and playing a role. The Western governments want to draw Ukraine into Europe and away from the Russian orbit. Many Ukrainians were happy with their ties to the Soviet Union and want Ukraine to stay tied to Russia. The Ukrainian people are divided on this, as to what direction Ukraine should take. This is a very big issue being played out, as various forces want Ukraine to move in different directions, and have become frustrated with the normal political process, resulting in violent demontrations. Where will it go from here is the question, not what has happened up till now. Things can remain as they have been. But things could seriously deteriorate also. Time will tell. I don't have a crystal ball. Use your good judgment. You might get in and out of Kiev with no mishap. Or things might get ugly quickly while you were there on a trip. Better safe than sorry. Use your judgment.

Uoykucf
02-11-14, 11:21
I have been to Kiev enough times to know it's best to stay away now unless you speak fluent Russian and have some local contacts. There are plenty of other places you get you can women with a lot less hassle then Ukraine is currently.You are right on, man! There are plenty of other places you get you can women with a lot less hassel than Ukraine is currently.

Even in the best of times, there's a lot of hassel unless you spend western prices; then what's the point!

Jojosun
02-11-14, 11:27
Sorry, but I do not think the sentence "everything is normal in Kiev " is really the correct words to describe the situation right now, let us be honest with ourself. If you have to stay away from certain areas, that is not normal. If you have to be extra cautious, that is not normal. If you have to return to your apartement or hotel early, that is not normal. If you do not know what the situation will be after a week or two from now, that is not normal. Again, I love the city. Been there teens of times. Let us wait and see.When the situation was "normal in Kiev " before the present conflict started, I only managed doing trips there for few days duration or long weekends.

Now there is a rare window of opportunity for me to go there for few weeks which under "normal" domestic circumstances wouldn't have been able to. .

As Jodie Foster once said " Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from."

Me and You
02-11-14, 23:06
Even better than normal because less mongers so less competition and less prices. This is my personal experience on the place. I had the same impression as you before landing from listening the news, but on the ground nothing changed for me from my previous visits. I do not need to go Maidan and Kreshatic in the cold winter. In summer could be different. Jojosun, welcone to Kiev.

When the situation was "normal in Kiev " before the present conflict started, I only managed doing trips there for few days duration or long weekends.

Now there is a rare window of opportunity for me to go there for few weeks which under "normal" domestic circumstances wouldn't have been able to. .

As Jodie Foster once said " Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from."

Jojosun
02-13-14, 11:02
Sorry, but I do not think the sentence "everything is normal in Kiev " is really the correct words to describe the situation right now, let us be honest with ourself. If you have to stay away from certain areas, that is not normal. If you have to be extra cautious, that is not normal. If you have to return to your apartement or hotel early, that is not normal. If you do not know what the situation will be after a week or two from now, that is not normal. Again, I love the city. Been there teens of times. Let us wait and see.Which clubs, places of sexual interest away from Maidan would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Member #4274
02-18-14, 19:11
Shit is really going down in the heart of Kyiv tonight. 9 reported dead and well over 100 wounded. The riot police are attempting to crush the protestors by storming Maidan. The metro system has been closed all evening under threat of terrorism. If you are planning to arrive in Kyiv in the next few days keep an eye on the news. Its extremely unwise to venture to the center for any reason right now.

YellowPaul
02-19-14, 00:05
19 dead so far tonight is the latest from CNN.

I could seriously see a slow decline into a civil war there as the country is that badly divided is a real possibility.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/ukraine-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

CastOnThis
02-19-14, 02:21

I could seriously see a slow decline into a civil war there as the country is that badly divided is a real possibility.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/ukraine-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1What I am concerned about is whether this will be good or bad for sex tourism? Ideally the price of sex should drop down to 2010 prices. That would be really great.

Starchild2012
02-19-14, 05:30

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/ukraine-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1And some members here were saying, it was ok to travel to Kiev.

Starchild2012
02-19-14, 05:39
http://beforeitsnews.com/protests-demonstrations/2014/02/3-dead-in-ukraine-riots-police-impose-order-by-all-means-envisaged-tell-all-women-to-leave-live-feed-2452890.html

[WARNING: Graphic content on the link, the real ground situation...in Kiev] not lame stream media story

Canadian embassy has been seized by armed group.

#BREAKING Protesters storm the Canadian Embassy in Kiev.

UKRAINE INTERIOR MINISTRY SAYS 73 POLICEMEN INJURED. 3 IN COMA.

Rumors in Russian social media that #Ukraine to close all airports and borders from midnight #Euromaidan.

Two jet aircrafts, presumably military, have appeared over Maidan in the Ukrainian capital of Kiev, the mass media report.

Second policeman dies in Kiev – Ministry.

CZECH DIPLOMATS EVACUATED FROM KIEV.

Ukraine: The death toll is likely to increase, as opposition leader #Lutsenko reported that he has seen at least 10 corpses #Kiev #maidan

20 dead and around 500 protestors injured according to the doctors of #maidan

Sniper shoots opposition leader while on stage.

Batkivshchyna deputy leader Oleksandr Turchinov wounded by gunfire in #Kyiv, reports TV channel 24

Ominous – Crimean parliament calls events in Ukraine beginning of “civil war,” reserves right to “urge residents to defend their autonomy.”

French TV says now 21 dead - 8 policeman and 13 rioters

Around 300 rioters have surrounded the local administration building and police department in Ukraine’s western city of Ternopol, Unian reported. Protesters threw bricks at the police department windows and demanded that officers evacuate the building. As policemen began making their way out through the back exit, rioters continued to throw rocks and chased them down the street. There are reports that a person threw three smoke bombs and grenades.

The Torn Curtain ‏@TornCurtain1991 · 2 min
Militia HQ in Ternopil set afire. Similar reports from other cities. Maidan is national revolution @euromaidan @khanasV @sitemaidan_eng
Vitali Klitschko arrives at Ukraine President HQ’s for talks, earlier Yanukovich reportedly had telephone conversation with Joe Biden

KYIV – DEATH TOLL IN CLASHES RISING TO 19, DOCTOR TELLS @BILD

AdelaT
02-19-14, 08:36
Even better than normal because less mongers so less competition and less prices. This is my personal experience on the place. I had the same impression as you before landing from listening the news, but on the ground nothing changed for me from my previous visits. I do not need to go Maidan and Kreshatic in the cold winter. In summer could be different. Jojosun, welcone to Kiev.I am not happy that my point proven to be correct, things are not "normal" in Kiev. 19 people were dead last night, so unless you have to be there better to wait and see, I do love the city myself, but it is wise not to be there now.

Tomux 22
02-19-14, 09:33
And some members here were saying, it was ok to travel to Kiev.Sure it was ok, we do live per minutte in this life or per month!?

Me and You
02-19-14, 15:24
Sure it was ok, we do live per minutte in this life or per month!?I left Kiev last week and everything was ok.

Jojosun
02-19-14, 17:15
For me Plan B is Kharkov as long as UA Borders & Airports remain open and the 2 most relevant sites for travel alerts don't say, do not travel to Ukraine. Kharkov is convenient for Donetsk and bordering Russia.

With Donetsk girl we Might find in Kharkov (The Pussy Riot Girls) Lookalike.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/ukraine-travel-alert.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/fc-dnipro-vs-tottenham-hotspurs-travel-advice.

Member #4276
02-19-14, 19:30
I left Kiev last week and everything was ok.We are waiting your reports with photos.

Wolvenvacht
02-19-14, 20:12
I left Kiev last week and everything was ok.Sure, and the minute before someone dies he is still alive.

Leggio1
02-19-14, 21:07
From a mongers perspective, it could be a good thing for Kiev. Way too many clubs opened in the last year and way too many kids visiting town just to disco dance.

Member #4276
02-20-14, 08:08
From a mongers perspective, it could be a good thing for Kiev. Way too many clubs opened in the last year and way too many kids visiting town just to disco dance.Don't think they will come disco for dance and sex. These protesters are from radical-right which means they are very conservative. They do not go Disco, mostly pray god. Watch live Kiev's Maidan.

LilJoey
02-20-14, 14:06
Interesting read about the "behind the scenes" interests controlling Ukraine:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25323964

Starchild2012
02-20-14, 16:59
Protesters: 100 killed in new Ukraine clashes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/20/ukraine-protests-truce-eu-leaders/5634235/

Videos of shooting

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/02/massacre-in-kiev-54-dead-video-2902682.html

Leggio1
02-20-14, 17:01
Protesters: 100 killed in new Ukraine clashes.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/20/ukraine-protests-truce-eu-leaders/5634235/I think we can all agree Kiev is a no go.

YellowPaul
02-20-14, 17:16

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25323964Thanks it was interesting reading.

Member #4491
02-21-14, 02:19
Just left Kiev some days in advance. Business is tough to execute and did not want to hang around for the possible army lock down. Woke up this morning to fire bombs and ambulances. Another senior member is stuck in the middle of it all. Sent me pictures from his doorstep of nine dead fighters. One acquaintance dead. Outside of the center most things are more or less normal. Traffic is bad, and if army moves in it will be worse. Some stores and restaurants are closed or open sporadically. Same for banks and exchange kiosks. People are trapped in apartments with insufficient supply of food and water. Females does not want to go out in general so hobbying is harder but still possible if you have a network.

Similar but smaller incidents in other cities, so JJ maybe think twice also about Kharkov unless you are flexible and have a lot of time on your hands.

Yes Windrose's web page sucks but it can be used with some patience. I never have and never will use them, at least not for my own travels.

B

Misc123
02-21-14, 13:58
Last Updated: February 20, 2014.

The Department of State warns USA citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Ukraine due to the ongoing political unrest and violent clashes between police and protestors. USA citizens in Ukraine, and those considering travel to Ukraine, should evaluate their personal security situation in light of the escalating violence, particularly in Kyiv. This replaces the Travel Alert for Ukraine dated February 18, 2014. On February 20, 2014, the Department of State authorized the departure of all family members of USA government personnel from Ukraine. While the USA Embassy in Kyiv¿s Consular Section is open for public services, the Embassy¿s ability to respond to emergencies involving USA citizens throughout Ukraine is limited.

The Department of State urges USA citizens who travel to Ukraine to evaluate carefully the risks posed to their personal safety, particularly in the capital city of Kyiv. Since February 18, there has been a sharp escalation in violence between protestors and police, resulting in multiple deaths and hundreds of injuries. The Ukrainian Security Services announced that they may use ¿extraordinary measures¿ to remove protestors from occupied areas. Protestors remain in Kyiv¿s Independence Square and have occupied several government buildings in Kyiv and other cities throughout Ukraine. Groups of young men, popularly called ¿titushky, ¿ have attacked journalists and protestors and committed other random acts of violence in Kyiv and other cities. Since February 19, the use of gunfire against protestors and journalists has been reported.

Ground transportation is currently disrupted in Kyiv and some other parts of the country. Since February 18, local authorities have shut down the Kyiv Metro (subway) for extended periods and cancelled inter-city trains on some routes with little or no notice. Ukrainian authorities have set up roadblocks that restrict access on certain roads entering Kyiv and adjacent to protest areas. Commercial flights to and from Ukraine are currently operating normally.

The situation in Ukraine is unpredictable and could change quickly. Further violent clashes between police and protestors in Kyiv and other cities are possible. The location and nature of demonstrations and methods employed by the police can change quickly and without warning. Protest sites continue to draw large crowds. USA citizens are advised to avoid all protests, demonstrations, and large gatherings. USA citizens whose residences or hotels are located in the vicinity of the protests are cautioned to leave those areas or prepare to remain indoors, possibly for several days, while clashes occur. USA citizens in Ukraine, particularly in Kyiv, should follow media reports closely as events develop.

Jojosun
02-21-14, 14:29

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25323964Last night I was having a drink with friends, hmm. Few drinks at Buddha Bar london on the corner of the upmarket side of town opposite Hyde Park in Knightsbridge. Within 15 minutes Blondies and guys with Ukrainian flags were waving & shouting, protesting against the UA government. The main target of the anger was Rinat Akhmetov the wealthiest man in Ukraine as per your informative link.

Ukrainian investigative journalist Sergiy Leshchenko has gone so far as to argue that 'a protest of a couple of dozen demonstrators outside a billionaire's home in London can cause more inconvenience than a protest of several hundred thousand back home in Ukraine.

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/andy-hunder-londons-rich-ukrainians-can-influence-events-at-home-9087603.html

Now I can understand the anger in Maidan & the UA London protest outside one of the homes of Akhmetov as he owns the most expensive piece of Real Estate in London.

"Akhmetov ownes London's most expensive penthouse at One Hyde Park, which was originally purchased for a reported $213 million as a portfolio investment and spent another reported $120 million to fix them up. The information about the deal was disclosed only four years later, in April 2011, after the asset has shown a steady annual rise. [68][69][70] In May 2013, the property was transferred from his company, SCM, to himself."

There was a bit of a Kiev scene last night in the heart of London complete with Buddha Bar, UA demo and Marie Vana a Russian Restaurnt offering Babushka cooking.

Gergiev
02-22-14, 04:27
What I am concerned about is whether this will be good or bad for sex tourism? Ideally the price of sex should drop down to 2010 prices. That would be really great.Dozens dead and CastonShit returns with a post like this.

If you're that cheap and desperate, why don't you just sod off to Thailand...

Gergiev
02-22-14, 04:37
For me Plan B is Kharkov as long as UA Borders & Airports remain open and the 2 most relevant sites for travel alerts don't say, do not travel to Ukraine. Kharkov is convenient for Donetsk and bordering Russia.

With Donetsk girl we Might find in Kharkov (The Pussy Riot Girls) Lookalike.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/ukraine-travel-alert.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/fc-dnipro-vs-tottenham-hotspurs-travel-advice.Probably OK.

Tottenham's game at Dnipro went ahead yesterday without any problems or suggestions of postponement...

Leggio1
02-22-14, 18:51
i heard through the grape vine that the russians that owned the riverboat are already consulting with their lawyers to bring back the boat if yulia comes to power.

Muddy7
02-22-14, 23:13
What I am concerned about is whether this will be good or bad for sex tourism? Ideally the price of sex should drop down to 2010 prices. That would be really great.This could happen, Ukraine doesn't gain much by signing the EU agreement, their economy may get much worse, a slave to America's imperial agenda and further destabilization. Look at At Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy. They're known as basket cases now, this is Geopolitical in every way. It would have been better for Ukraine to join the Euroasian Organization with Russia which is project to be 500 billions in trade between their members

We could have a East / West Ukraine

Muddy7
02-22-14, 23:18

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/18/world/europe/ukraine-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1Take a pick:

Rent-a-boxer (prostitute for the money-Yulia) OR ex-convict president (mafia).

Either or. No one wins!

Killing and trashing the city sponsored by the West

CastOnThis
02-23-14, 02:11
Dozens dead and CastonShit returns with a post like this.

If you're that cheap and desperate, why don't you just sod off to Thailand.[Racial Epithet(s) Deleted by Admin], much less the women. And I am an opportunistic by nature, nothing more than that.

Well here is to happy wishes that Ukraine falls into deeper chaos.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing racial epithets.

Please be advised that Forum Members who succeed in having three or more of their reports deleted for personal attacks, racial epithets or other derogatory comments, will be banned under the Forum's Serial Antagonist Policy.

AdelaT
02-23-14, 07:38
This could happen, Ukraine doesn't gain much by signing the EU agreement, their economy may get much worse, a slave to America's imperial agenda and further destabilization. Look at At Greece, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy. They're known as basket cases now, this is Geopolitical in every way. It would have been better for Ukraine to join the Euroasian Organization with Russia which is project to be 500 billions in trade between their members

We could have a East / West UkraineI totally agree with you, Ukraine will have a difficult time economically by joining the west. They have already a huge gas bill to be paid! Beside, look at Greece, Italy and Spain. The Western Europe is looking greedily to Ukraine of 80 millions people as a huge consuming market.

Jojosun
02-23-14, 13:58
+1.

I'm off to Kiev tomorrow just booked my flight! I will post updates ASAP!Kiev — Central Kiev was calm Sunday morning as protesters milled about, cleaning, congratulating and shaking their heads in wonderment over the dizzying events of the past day, when Ukraine's president was forced to flee, his rival freed and a revolution was won.

It felt like a hangover after a wild party, some said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/23/ukraine-kiev-protest-president/5752351/

Jojosun
02-23-14, 14:05
This could happen, It would have been better for Ukraine to join the Euroasian Organization with Russia which is project to be 500 billions in trade between their members

We could have a East / West UkraineKharkov could be the New Kiev of East Ukraine.

http://rt.com/news/eastern-ukraine-kharkov-gathering-261

A gathering of local MPs from the Euro-skeptic east and south of Ukraine has gathered in the city of Kharkov to form a joint response to the developing collapse of the national government.

Nearly 3,000 people have gathered in Kharkov, a city in north-eastern Ukraine, to take part in a rally aiming to defend the local statue of Lenin. Participants of the event booed opposition television stations correspondents, asking them to leave the site immediately. Police officers are currently patrolling the area.

Poker Player 2
02-23-14, 18:54
I say Slava Ukraini!. Geriyam Slava.

[Racial Epithet (s) Deleted by Admin], much less the women. And I am an opportunistic by nature, nothing more than that.

Well here is to happy wishes that Ukraine falls into deeper chaos.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing racial epithets.

Please be advised that Forum Members who succeed in having three or more of their reports deleted for personal attacks, racial epithets or other derogatory comments, will be banned under the Forum's Serial Antagonist Policy.

Sorbonne
02-25-14, 12:11
I will say this, as I don't see any point in being hypocratic: have we all not been taking advantage of the unfortunate plight of poverty-stricken Ukraine?

Leggio1
02-27-14, 02:53
When Kiev becomes part of Russia, where are the Kiev fans to go?

Muddy7
02-27-14, 18:37
Hryvnia hits new low.

http://www.kyivpost.com/media/images/2014/02/27/p18hq46oj677d1hdhjk213119d44/big.jpg

YellowPaul
02-27-14, 18:57
When Kiev becomes part of Russia, where are the Kiev fans to go?I just talked to 1 of my GF's in Kiev. People are worried about this new Government just as much as the old one. The country is on the verge of bankruptcy and the new rulers are busy canceling a important up coming holiday that is important to people in the West, making Ukrainian the official language, etc.

Anybody who has been to Kiev knows this is a joke since most people in the capital speak Russian.

The West needs to push this new Government to be inclusive to all people, otherwise a civil war might be inevitable.

Manny51
02-27-14, 20:40
Is anyone in our community actually in Kiev now when everything is going on? What's it like?

Is it contained enough such that an American can actually behold a revolution taking place from a hotel room? Or are there bullets everywhere and anyone not involved needs to get the hell out of dodge?

I ask because a friend of mine was in Cairo when the whole thing was going down in Egypt. This guy is wealthy and was able to watch the revolution from his hotel balcony in relative safety, at least for a while. He said that he would never forget it.

I have sometimes asked myself what risk I would be willing to take to watch history in the making. People protesting corruption and aching for the right of self-determination so much that they are willing to fight and die for it.

As Americans (to those members who are Americans) , we take so much for granted.

Leggio1
02-27-14, 22:55
Is anyone in our community actually in Kiev now when everything is going on? What's it like?

Is it contained enough such that an American can actually behold a revolution taking place from a hotel room? Or are there bullets everywhere and anyone not involved needs to get the hell out of dodge?

I ask because a friend of mine was in Cairo when the whole thing was going down in Egypt. This guy is wealthy and was able to watch the revolution from his hotel balcony in relative safety, at least for a while. He said that he would never forget it.

I have sometimes asked myself what risk I would be willing to take to watch history in the making. People protesting corruption and aching for the right of self-determination so much that they are willing to fight and die for it.

As Americans (to those members who are Americans) , we take so much for granted.I was going to make the same point. The risk seems minimal to actually behold history.

Muddy7
02-28-14, 02:20

Is it contained enough such that an American can actually behold a revolution taking place from a hotel room? Or are there bullets everywhere and anyone not involved needs to get the hell out of dodge? .It depends what you city you go to, who you run into, and what you say. I read about an american man who lives in Ukraine in one of the southern cities who got his ass kicked, can't find the article.

These guys don't want to go home.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/euromaidan-activists-bring-hundreds-of-tires-demand-re-election-337822.html

Jojosun
02-28-14, 02:28

Is it contained enough such that an American can actually behold a revolution taking place from a hotel room? Or are there bullets everywhere and anyone not involved needs to get the hell out of dodge?Https://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv/us-embassy-in-ukraines-latest-travel-warning-337547.html.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/ukraine-travel-warning.html

The Department of State warns USA citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Ukraine during the transition period following the departure of the President from Kyiv on February 22 and while a new government is formed. USA citizens in Ukraine, and those considering travel to Ukraine, should evaluate their personal security situation in light of political instability and the possibility of violence, particularly in Kyiv and areas of eastern and southern Ukraine. This replaces the Travel Warning for Ukraine dated February 20, 2014. On February 20, 2014, the Department of State authorized the departure of family members of USA government personnel from Ukraine. While the USA Embassy in Kyiv's Consular Section is open for public services, the Embassy's ability to respond to emergencies involving USA citizens throughout Ukraine is limited.

The Department of State urges USA citizens who travel to Ukraine to carefully evaluate the risks posed to their personal safety, particularly in the capital city of Kyiv and areas in the east and south of Ukraine.

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to the Crimean peninsula. There has been increased violence and disturbances in Crimea, particularly in Simferopol. There are media reports of blockades on roads out of the Crimean Penninsula. If you're currently visiting or living in Crimea, you should exercise caution, avoid demonstrations and large public gatherings.

Recent clashes between demonstrators and the police in Kyiv and elsewhere have caused fatalities. Nearly 100 people have been killed in the violence. The demonstrations in Kyiv have mainly taken place around Independence Square, European Square, and St Michael's Square, with some violent clashes near Parliament.

As of 23 February the situation in Kyiv and other cities has calmed considerably, but there remains the possibility that public protests could quickly again erupt into violence. You should take great care and remain vigilant in all regions, particularly Crimea, Kharkiv and Donetsk. You should avoid all demonstrations and large public gatherings.

Most businesses in central Kyiv are now open. The transport system in Kyiv has resumed a normal service after being closed and airports remain open. However, you may experience transportation difficulties when moving around the country and you should avoid any road blocks manned by protestors.".

How is that?

Russel4339
02-28-14, 22:47
I am an American living in the Ukraine. Fortunately, I live in the city of Kharkov. Which is very peaceful. I have had no problems.

With regards to Kiev, the revolution, and history. I was in Kiev in November. 3 days after the announcement of the EU refusal. I was at a dinner that night and the speakers were the head of the EU delegation to the Ukraine and the Ukrainian Prime Minister Azarov. Very interesting listening to the two. That evening, on the way back to my hotel on the Maidan, there was a protest. I had the same thought. "Hey! This is history." It was a peaceful and happy protest. Music, flag waving, etc. I have some video form my phone.

I was back in Kiev in late December and stayed on the Maidan again. This time. The atmosphere was very different. The protester-made barricades were up everywhere, closing down the main street of Kiev. There were tents and buildings in the street. There were large groups of hard-looking men standing everywhere. I thought,"Holy Shit! This is serious". If there would have been anything bad going on. I would have ran. I can see how the people got killed there a couple of weeks ago. In December it had every sign that bad things were going to happen. It eventually did.

I don't know where this country will end up. The frigging Crimea may blow up real soon. If Russia invades, I probably should get the hell out.

However, because this is the forum, excellent service is still being provided in Kharkov. Not sure about Kiev. I will not go there unless I have to. And with the hryvna devaluing 25% in the last month, prices got even cheaper.

Tiradentes
03-01-14, 15:27
Ronald Reagan defeated the evil Soviet Union. Obama Hussein revived it. What say you, Liberals of America?

WestCoast1
03-01-14, 16:00
Ronald Reagan defeated the evil Soviet Union. Obama Hussein revived it. What say you, Liberals of America?Evil? As compared to what / whom?

Maybe. You FSU gents correct me if I'm wrong. But the post-soviet economy struggled for about a decade, then went on a (rather strong) positive up-tick for the last 10-12 years. That would have started about the G Bush II era, not the Obama era. Using your logic, one could make the case the GB II is responsible? What say ye, Conservatives of America? (as if the USA is the only entity responsible for the Soviet economy)

Muddy7
03-01-14, 16:14
I think this would be a good compromise:

Let West Ukraine join Western Europe. That is, let it go to the international banking gangsters in the IMF and the World Bank. Let them have the prosperity the Greeks now enjoy.

East Ukraine will be better off going with their ethnic kin in Russia. Otherwise, they'll be turned into serfs for the Western banking mafia.

28,000 Russian troops in Crimea and now this in Kharkov:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2570780/Pro-Russia-demonstrations-break-Ukraine.html

Donetsk:
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/over-1000-gather-for-pro-russian-rally-in-donetsk-338016.html

Muddy7
03-01-14, 16:43
Can't travel to south or east ukraine and these so called activists don't want to leave the euro maidan, there are still tents there, photo taken today:

http://oi62.tinypic.com/234sbl.jpg

Raffzahn
03-01-14, 21:02
Could someone please remove the propaganda parts (e. G. Muddy7s posts) here.

I think it's safe to assume that we're all concerned and that we are interested in news. But no Propaganda please.

AColonizer
03-02-14, 14:53
It is sure it is not good both EU and Russia. EU has no balls for any match of international politics, and Ukraine could be a winning bet if government is German-oriented with funding of German banks, since European Central Bank is a ridicolous (Italian) farse. Russia is rich because of its natural resources and its depredation of resources from the former Soviet republics. Who forgets the great famine in Ukraine because of Stalin? Also today, maybe people in Moscow and Saint Petersburg are well, but the remaining Russian people live at the very low standard in comparison of EU standard. Didn't you travel in Ukraine and Russia? I would like Ukrainians solve their problem as Brazilians did by the president Lula.

I totally agree with you, Ukraine will have a difficult time economically by joining the west. They have already a huge gas bill to be paid! Beside, look at Greece, Italy and Spain. The Western Europe is looking greedily to Ukraine of 80 millions people as a huge consuming market.

Manny51
03-02-14, 16:33
Ok, I have been following the news pretty closely, and it seems to going downhill VERY fast.

I hope that any fellows in our community still in Kiev are getting the hell out of dodge. Its going to literally be a warzone there in a few days. The last thing that anyone is going to care about over there is some foreigner.

Muddy7
03-03-14, 05:48
Ok, I have been following the news pretty closely, and it seems to going downhill VERY fast.

I hope that any fellows in our community still in Kiev are getting the hell out of dodge. Its going to literally be a warzone there in a few days. The last thing that anyone is going to care about over there is some foreigner.Kharkov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQ65HjjgB8

Raw: Pro-Russian Demonstrators beat up the pro maidan activists who had taken over the admin buildings
It seems Russian may occupy Dontesk and Kharkov and will not leave anytime soon, those cities are pro-russia, russian brings russians on buses from border villages and towns for these demonstrations too

if you were scared of cops before now you have to worry about running into guys like this shithead and the right sector
Ukraine ultranationalist leader vows to hang new interior minister 'like a dog'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO69-hzYo_A

Merli44
03-03-14, 10:39
I think this would be a good compromise:

Let West Ukraine join Western Europe. That is, let it go to the international banking gangsters in the IMF and the World Bank. Let them have the prosperity the Greeks now enjoy.

East Ukraine will be better off going with their ethnic kin in Russia. Otherwise, they'll be turned into serfs for the Western banking mafia.

28, 000 Russian troops in Crimea and now this in Kharkov:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2570780/Pro-Russia-demonstrations-break-Ukraine.html

Donetsk:

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/over-1000-gather-for-pro-russian-rally-in-donetsk-338016.htmlRussians behave like the nazis did in 1938 against the Czech Republic, totally disgusting behavior toward a neighbor.

Tomux 22
03-03-14, 14:21
Things for sure do not look good in Ukraine atm. So for us who liked visiting Ukraine what options do we got out there. Would be interesting to hear where frequent Kiev visitors thinking of going next.

Muddy7
03-04-14, 00:41
No cops on the streets, fascists are in charge, nice bbc report / video:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26394980

Poker Player 2
03-04-14, 09:13
I will have to postpone my trip in March. This will not do.

No cops on the streets, fascists are in charge, nice bbc report / video:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26394980

Muddy7
03-05-14, 19:03
If you travel to Kiev just don't stay around euro maidan, all this shit is happening around there not all over Kiev

Muddy7
03-06-14, 21:50
Read this post on facebook about the current situation in Kiev:

https://www.facebook.com/euromaidanpr/posts/239301556253654

5 things nobody told you about Kyiv

From a foreign Kyivan resident and Euromaidan activist.

1) In Kyiv, life goes calm and normal as ever: all shops are open, restaurants too, even pubs and clubs; the underground in the morning is packed as usual, in the supermarkets one can find anything he likes (and western products still cost a fortune.)

2) In Kyiv, one cannot see a single fascist or nazi around. If there are, either they are not Fascists / Nazists in the 'Western' meaning, or they are a minority. There are instead teams of volunteers called SamoOborona (Self.Defence) who patrol the streets to ensure public safety, given the low presence. And often the lack of trust – in the police. Still, the city feels safer than any of the suburbs in London or Paris.

3) In Kyiv, Russian and Ukrainian are still being spoken. As they always have been.

4) In Kyiv, there is plenty of ordinary people who took part in Maydan, who are eager to talk and share their experiences (in English or even in other languages) with the Western media, and feel irritated when reading articles by so-called press commentators that demonstrate ignorance about the situation and about the history of Ukraine. Western journalists, keep your ears open!

5) In Kyiv, there's hope for the future, meaning the opportunity to live free of corruption, free of abuse of power, in a united and independent Ukraine. And the attention is high on politicians, on civil servants and oligarchs, so that they do not repeat the mistakes of the past. But at the same time there's worry about what a Russian invasion could lead to and about such situation of international tension in the country. Citizens of the world come to Kyiv, come to witness this with your own eyes!

Member #4274
03-11-14, 00:57
Russia is now barkiing about lawlessness in Eastern Ukraine, which, like their invisible enemy in Crimea, does not exist. Could be a precursor to an invasion. A contact of mine stated he saw 20-special police in the center brandishing AK-47's an hour ago. Not exactly usual for Kyiv. Lastly, the London Evening Standard is reporting that Moscow is stating Ukraine is on the verge of war which is baffling. Kyiv could not be more peaceful right now. Russia is the one creating discontent in Ukraine where it does not exist. If you are planning on coming to Kyiv, keep an eye on the news. Herr Putin might not be done trying to ruin Ukraine.

Jojosun
03-11-14, 14:58
If you are planning on coming to Kyiv, keep an eye on the news. Herr Putin might not be done trying to ruin Ukraine.AC. I reckon heading to Donetsk should be OK. Putin& Russia can't claim it as "Donetsk was founded in nineteenth century by Welshman John Hughes and firstly was named Yuzovka after him. The main interest of the founder was the coal which Donetsk region has in endless amount".

Who is interested in endless amounts of Coal.

Will see if Donetsk wants to join Wales in the UK to replace Scotland, if Scotland wants to break away from the UK in the Referendum on 18 Sept 14.

Muddy7
03-12-14, 06:27
Canadian boy, do you thin the center streets in Kiev are safe for foreigners?

Muddy7
03-12-14, 06:32
Russia is now barkiing about lawlessness in Eastern Ukraine, which, like their invisible enemy in Crimea, does not exist. Could be a precursor to an invasion. A contact of mine stated he saw 20-special police in the center brandishing AK-47's an hour ago. Not exactly usual for Kyiv. Lastly, the London Evening Standard is reporting that Moscow is stating Ukraine is on the verge of war which is baffling. Kyiv could not be more peaceful right now. Russia is the one creating discontent in Ukraine where it does not exist. If you are planning on coming to Kyiv, keep an eye on the news. Herr Putin might not be done trying to ruin Ukraine.

Its peaceful now but I wonder if it will stay that way after the elections, the Jewish oligarchs are in charge, they control almost everything.

3 of the 4 richest oligarchs in Ukraine are Jewish http://jta.org/news/article/2009/06/11/1005824/three-of-ukraines-four-billionaires-are-jewish

The next president could be Petro Poroshenko. Poroshenko is Jewish

The current Prime minister is Arseniy Yatsenyuk. Yatsenyuk is Jewish

Kharkov is the 2nd largest city in Ukraine, its mayor is Jewish. Hennadiy Kernes.

Denpropetrovsk is the 3rd larget city in Ukraine its governer is Jewish. Oligarch Igor Kolomoisky http://www.jta.org/2014/03/03/news-opinion/world/ukrainian-jewish-oligarch-made-district-governor

There are more Jews in your parliment than Ukrainian or Russian. 43% of your parliment are Jews http://www.willzuzak.ca/tp/ukrainophobia/ukraine20121016politicians.html

there are rumors that Yulia Timoshenko and Klitchko are Jewish too

Member #4274
03-12-14, 14:03
1 USD = 10. 50 grnThe weather has been spectacular here this week. I spent the entire afternoon yesterday walking between Shuliavska and Politek. Instutute metro stops, including an hour at Bolshevik Mall. A lot of lovely young women walking around. Its too cool for skirts so most of them were in tight jeans and heels. I must have passed 10 to 12 (not an exaggeration) different banks / currency exchange booths and all but one had 1 USD for 9 UAH. There was one booth that had 1 USD for 9. 10 UAH. There is a bank at the base of the apartment building I live in and their exchange has been a steady 1 USD for 9 UAH for at least a week. Its been at least 10 days since you could get 10. 5 UAH for 1 USD. I will be heading out shortly, if I see any difference in the exchange I will report it, for sure.

As for the center, it is relatively safe but there are almost no police around as the area is controlled by the forces at Maidan. A lot of shops have reopened, even in Globus Mall, but many have remained closed. There is always the threat of unpredictability in the center. I have spent time there during the day but I try to leave before the sun goes down. Outside of the very center, life is quite normal.

On a lighter note, there is a supermarket at the bottom of Bolshevik Mall that has the cheapest prices for high end alcohol currently in Kyiv and a wide variety, too. I was pleasantly surprised. Cheap by Ukraine standards does not necessarily mean cheap by North American standards as import taxes drive up prices considerably.

Manny51
03-12-14, 19:53
It's too bad is Crimea that had to be the area of dispute. Isn't Odessa in Crimea? And isn't that where lots of the action, including "finding a bride" is located? I wonder how being part of Russia will affect all that?

It isn't just the warm water seaport that Putin wants. He knows that Ukraine's true greatest product and export is its women, the most beautiful women in the world.

I have never been to Ukraine, and am now sad that I waited too long.

Member #4274
03-12-14, 23:27
It's too bad is Crimea that had to be the area of dispute. Isn't Odessa in Crimea? And isn't that where lots of the action, including "finding a bride" is located? I wonder how being part of Russia will affect all that?

It isn't just the warm water seaport that Putin wants. He knows that Ukraine's true greatest product and export is its women, the most beautiful women in the world.

I have never been to Ukraine, and am now sad that I waited too long.No, Odessa is not part of Crimea. Ukrainians always laugh when foreigners consider it as such. Actually, Odessa is on high alert right now as they expect an imminent invasion. As for women, well, they are certainly beautiful in Ukraine but they are equally beautiful in Russia. Trust me, Putin doesn't give a damn about women, he wants to revive the old Soviet Union and the cold war of which the death of he considers as a tragedy.

Golfinho
03-13-14, 00:47
Trust me, Putin doesn't give a damn about women, he wants to revive the old Soviet Union and the cold war of which the death of he considers as a tragedy.Trust you, yeah. Get real. Situation is USA empire considers oil under Russian land a tragedy and wants to grab natural resources and pipeline routes to take oil, gas, whatever for themselves even if it means reviving cold war.

Member #4274
03-13-14, 01:36
Trust you, yeah. Get real. Situation is USA empire considers oil under Russian land a tragedy and wants to grab natural resources and pipeline routes to take oil, gas, whatever for themselves even if it means reviving cold war.That might make sense if it was American troops illegally and criminally in Crimea, but its Russian. Very similar to Hitler invading the Sudetenland in 1938. Herr Putin, and yourself, might not appreciate international law and use the intellectually lazy defense of 'Its all America's fault' but he will soon heed it at the expense of the Russian people. Nice try, though. Sorry, I'm not buying a pencil from your cup.

Golfinho
03-13-14, 02:14
That might make sense if it was American troops illegally and criminally in Crimea, but its Russian. Very similar to Hitler invading the Sudetenland in 1938. Herr Putin, and yourself, might not appreciate international law and use the intellectually lazy defense of 'Its all America's fault' but he will soon heed it at the expense of the Russian people. Nice try, though. Sorry, I'm not buying a pencil from your cup.Like 'very similar' what. Sudentenland? What color's the sky where you are? USA meddling in Ukraine more like Barbarossa. Better leave off here 'boy.

Muddy7
03-13-14, 04:11
i just hope russians dont take over kharkov, dnepro, donetsk,...
The EU agreement is not full membership and i dont think EU will ever give UA full membership

Manny51
03-13-14, 06:28
That might make sense if it was American troops illegally and criminally in Crimea, but its Russian. Very similar to Hitler invading the Sudetenland in 1938. Herr Putin, and yourself, might not appreciate international law and use the intellectually lazy defense of 'Its all America's fault' but he will soon heed it at the expense of the Russian people. Nice try, though. Sorry, I'm not buying a pencil from your cup.I think Golfinho was being sarcastic / joking, wasn't he?

Poker Player 2
03-13-14, 07:28
No mate, Odessa is not in the Crimea but I must tell you that if Putin's invasion of Ukraine were to be justified by Ukrainian pussy, I would not condone it naturally. However, I declare any man prepared to fight a war for pussy, I would consider him a hero of mine with no hesitation or reservations. I suspect Putin is no hero though!

I have never been to Ukraine, and am now sad that I waited too long.

Poker Player 2
03-13-14, 07:38
Mr. Putin described Ukraine as a "Bankrupt nation" not long ago and few disputed his description. You may consider some Russian deeds as stupid but I suspect they are not crazy enough to want to take over a country they regard as bankrupt. Mr. Putin may be misled about the nature of the truth but I do not think he has gone completely crazy just yet. Care to dispute?

I just hope russians don't take over kharkov, dnepro, donetsk.

The EU agreement is not full membership and I don't think EU will ever give UA full membership

Jojosun
03-13-14, 13:50
The EU agreement is not full membership and I don't think EU will ever give UA full membershipVisa Free travel for Ukrainians to the EU is for sure as the EU just suspended negotiations with Russia on Visa free for Russians.

The great exodus of quality UA girls will then begin.

YellowPaul
03-13-14, 14:11
I think Golfinho was being sarcastic / joking, wasn't he?Perhaps you prefer to nominate Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize?

That is being sarcastic. LOL

Golfinho
03-13-14, 15:17
Perhaps you prefer to nominate Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize? That is being sarcastic. LOLPerhaps nominate Obama. That would be. Ironic?

Jojosun
03-13-14, 15:49
Perhaps you prefer to nominate Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize?Putin is worried and rightly so when he has this at his backdoor. I think any other Russian leader will be equally worried. I would think the majority of Russians are with him on this issue.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/05/tartar-ukraine-sunni-muslims-threat-russian-rule-crimea

"Tatar Sunni Muslims pose a threat to Russia's occupation of Crimea.

Pro-Ukrainian Islamic minority could mount a more organised resistance against Russian forces in Crimea peninsula".

He fears for the break up of Russia much in the same way it ended with the break up of the former Yugoslavia. With the US & the West, Nato bombing Serbia. 2 New Muslim very pro USA states emerged, Bosnia & Kosovo.

Ukraine must be one of the very few places in the world where the local Muslims & Jews are on the same side.

Ash1001
03-13-14, 21:25
Well. The West tries to engineer a violent coup on Russia's front doorstep (implemented by neo Nazis, no less) and then wonders why Russia is upset? Russia's three hundred year dominance of Ukraine is predicated on access to warm water ports, something about which there can be no negotiation. Putin will move heaven and earth to keep Ukraine in its sphere of influence, whereas the EU is broke and has a dozen other basket case nations to look after.

Russia has promised quite clearly in the past that if Ukraine joins either the EU or NATO it will be world war three. Why are people acting so surprised by this?

Ganesha
03-13-14, 22:05
Visa Free travel for Ukrainians to the EU is for sure as the EU just suspended negotiations with Russia on Visa free for Russia.Your statement is not correct. The goal was, that Russian journalists, students and business people should obtain easier than before visa for multiple entries into the EU. These negotiations have stopped now.

The 'Schengen Treaty' is ending at the border between Poland to the Ukraine. There will be no visa free travel to the EU. The ladies from the Ukraine with enough money always were able to travel the EU with 'Tourist Visa'.

Jojosun
03-13-14, 22:08
The master of Foreign policy gives an insight on the way out of the present crises.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/henry-kissinger-to-settle-the-ukraine-crisis-start-at-the-end/2014/03/05/46dad868-a49

"By Henry A. Kissinger, Published: March 5.

Henry A. Kissinger was secretary of state from 1973 to 1977.

Public discussion on Ukraine is all about confrontation. But do we know where we are going? In my life, I have seen four wars begun with great enthusiasm and public support, all of which we did not know how to end and from three of which we withdrew unilaterally. The test of policy is how it ends, not how it begins.

Far too often the Ukrainian issue is posed as a showdown: whether Ukraine joins the East or the West. But if Ukraine is to survive and thrive, it must not be either side's outpost against the other — it should function as a bridge between them."

To Jaw-Jaw is always better than to War-War.

Member #4274
03-13-14, 22:19
Well. The West tries to engineer a violent coup on Russia's front doorstep (implemented by neo Nazis, no less) and then wonders why Russia is upset? Russia's three hundred year dominance of Ukraine is predicated on access to warm water ports, something about which there can be no negotiation. Putin will move heaven and earth to keep Ukraine in its sphere of influence, whereas the EU is broke and has a dozen other basket case nations to look after.

Russia has promised quite clearly in the past that if Ukraine joins either the EU or NATO it will be world war three. Why are people acting so surprised by this?How long have you been living here in Ukraine?

Poker Player 2
03-13-14, 22:27
I vote for Tsar Putin. He is considered the most powerful man alive, some say he is also the richest man alive. In my view, Tsar Putin definitely bangs the finer pussy. Maybe he could get me a job with the KGB? What can I say, I am a big fan:) Only if he could smile a bit more........

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/06/this-is-vladimir-putins-extremely-flexible-girlfriend-photos/

Perhaps nominate Obama. That would be. Ironic?

Originally Posted by YellowPaul [View Original Post]

Perhaps you prefer to nominate Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize? That is being sarcastic. LOL

Ash1001
03-13-14, 22:33
How long have you been living here in Ukraine?Visiting for stretches of 1-3 months since 2004

Muddy7
03-13-14, 22:45
That might make sense if it was American troops illegally and criminally in Crimea, but its Russian. Very similar to Hitler invading the Sudetenland in 1938. Herr Putin, and yourself, might not appreciate international law and use the intellectually lazy defense of 'Its all America's fault' but he will soon heed it at the expense of the Russian people. Nice try, though. Sorry, I'm not buying a pencil from your cup.Arent western troops illegally and criminally in Iraq(for oil) and some other countries? How does this work, only some countries can invade and occupy?
BTW- wasn't Crimea a gift to UA? I heard its been part of UA for a short time

Muddy7
03-13-14, 22:58
I vote for Tsar Putin. He is considered the most powerful man alive, some say he is also the richest man alive. In my view, Tsar Putin definitely bangs the finer pussy.Russians will get richer thanks to global warming.

According to a 2011 report by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, two-thirds of Russia's land mass is currently buried under permafrost. Underneath that frost lie vast stores of nickel, cobalt, copper and diamonds.not to mention oil and natural gas.

Melting of permafrost will further open up previously marginal or even unworkable lands to agriculture. Melting Arctic ice will create new shipping routes along Russia's northern coast and will open up previously inaccessible oil and gas reserves. Russia's warming has already helped the country hit record harvests of rice, corn and sunflower seeds in recent years. Continued warming could conceivably allow the country to become the world's bread basket. And control the planet's food supply.

Russia is, of course, fully aware of these possible rosy global warming scenarios. Putin has said that "two or three degrees" of climate change could be good for Russia, in that it would reduce heating costs and increase crop yields.

http://csis.org/blog/might-russia-welcome-global-warming

Member #4274
03-13-14, 22:59
Arent western troops illegally and criminally in Iraq (for oil) and some other countries?

BTW- wasn't Crimea a gift to UA? I heard its been part of UA for a short timeI'm sorry, I am from Canada. There are no Canadian troops in Iraq, I assure you. Two wrongs also don't make a right. What is more, Crimea is the legal territory of Ukraine.

Anyway, I wish I had not posted that earlier comment. This is a sex forum not Foreign Affairs Magazine. Political discussions help no one get laid.

YellowPaul
03-13-14, 23:14
I vote for Tsar Putin. He is considered the most powerful man alive, some say he is also the richest man alive. In my view, Tsar Putin definitely bangs the finer pussy. Maybe he could get me a job with the KGB? What can I say, I am a big fan of Tsar Putin. Only if he could smile a bit more.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/06/this-is-vladimir-putins-extremely-flexible-girlfriend-photos/

Originally Posted by YellowPaul [View Original Post]

Perhaps you prefer to nominate Putin for a Nobel Peace Prize? That is being sarcastic. LOLPutin would get may vote too, just be a man you claim to be, that's all Mr. Tsar

If your annexing annexing Crimea take it and move on. Enough of the BS referendum and other blatant lying.

Kind of reminds me of the 80's when Russian media propaganda showed only the grocery stores full of amazing goods, thinking that we in the West and even their own citizens did not knew the truth that the shelves were empty.

I'm more interested in how the Ukraine situation relates to mongering. To me in simple investment terms Ukraine is a buy depending on your tolerance for risk.

The worse the economic situation gets the more desperate the women will become.

The key question is to buy now or wait for the price to go down more?

Poker Player 2
03-13-14, 23:33
Certainly all distinguished members of the forum ought to consider moving to Russia to share the riches given the rosy possibilities provided by the relative merits of the global warming as described below. Before we pack our bags to immigrate to Russia and enjoy the diverse economy, enjoy a land void of corruption, enjoy the rule of law, peace and freedom offered by Tsar Putin's Russia, perhaps we should entertain alternative perspectives?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2013/11/russias-economy

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/02/07/sochi-olympic-price-tag-soars-critic-slams-road-that-could-have-been-paved-with/

I must confess I do find Tsar Putin interesting, find Russia to be a wonderful country with a very rich history & culture and consider Russian pussy to be among the finest in the world but I am not fully sold on the notion of a grandiose vision of Russia depicted here.

Russians will get richer thanks to global warming.

According to a 2011 report by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, two-thirds of Russia's land mass is currently buried under permafrost. Underneath that frost lie vast stores of nickel, cobalt, copper and diamonds. Not to mention oil and natural gas.

Melting of permafrost will further open up previously marginal or even unworkable lands to agriculture. Melting Arctic ice will create new shipping routes along Russia's northern coast and will open up previously inaccessible oil and gas reserves. Russia's warming has already helped the country hit record harvests of rice, corn and sunflower seeds in recent years. Continued warming could conceivably allow the country to become the world's bread basket. And control the planet's food supply.

Russia is, of course, fully aware of these possible rosy global warming scenarios. Putin has said that "two or three degrees" of climate change could be good for Russia, in that it would reduce heating costs and increase crop yields.

http://csis.org/blog/might-russia-welcome-global-warming

Jojosun
03-14-14, 00:03
This is a sex forum not Foreign Affairs Magazine. Political discussions help no one get laid.Agreed, but the Political situation and the outcome of this crisis will affect present & future mongering in Ukraine.

Look at what happened in other EE countries.

For a start you can forget about Sponsoring& meeting girls spending few hours or all night for 1000UAH as posted below, if Ukraine joins the EU.

Manny51
03-14-14, 00:37
From what I read Nikolaev is the city for finding brides in the Ukraine.

This video is a recent one Nov 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4t5wGTAIA

What have you been waiting for P4P, or a Uktrainian Bride?

Plenty of time for either scenario.I have had a trip to the Ukraine / Romania on the backburner for a while (no bride seeking) , and am just bummed that it isn't stable anymore.

As for the other running conversation, Putin will probably get the Ukranian financial aid get paid back in pussy. Can you imagine that?"Well, ok, I'll let the interest for next month slide. But I'll be visiting Kiev in a few days."

Member #4274
03-14-14, 00:46
Agreed, but the Political situation and the outcome of this crisis will affect present & future mongering in Ukraine.

Look at what happened in other EE countries.

For a start you can forget about Sponsoring& meeting girls spending few hours or all night for 1000UAH as posted below, if Ukraine joins the EU.You are absolutely correct, Jojo, the future of mongering in Ukraine does depend on the political outcome of the country. However, us hammering away at each other with our personal political opinions will change nothing about the fate of any country.

Muddy7
03-14-14, 02:37
After watching this video I think next time I travel to UA I will carry a pepper spray.

Mc Donalds Donetsk, Ukraine. In this video around 30 people that came out to support the Unity of Ukraine and to oppose any separation of regions, get surrounded by an outnumbering majority of pro-Russian supporters are constantly chanting "Russia, Russia" Berkut Berkut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNqcwSwnybU&app=desktop

It seems mongers have lost Crimea and the eastern regions already unless you want to get your ass kicked

Member #4274
03-14-14, 02:44
After watching this video I think next time I travel to UA I will carry a pepper spray.

Mc Donalds Donetsk, Ukraine. In this video around 30 people that came out to support the Unity of Ukraine and to oppose any separation of regions, get surrounded by an outnumbering majority of pro-Russian supporters are constantly chanting "Russia, Russia" Berkut Berkut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNqcwSwnybU&app=desktopI understand your desire to arm yourself and I have considered the idea myself. However, these events are happening along the border of Ukraine and Russia or in cities which have a strong Russian influence, like Donetsk. In Kyiv, where I live, for example, such events are not taking place for a variety of reasons. Also keep in mind that trouble does not find you in Ukraine, you have to search for it. Keep your nose away from political events and you can enjoy your stay in one of the hotbeds of world events in the early 21st-Century. So far, anyway.

Travel69
03-14-14, 06:13
You are absolutely correct, Jojo, the future of mongering in Ukraine does depend on the political outcome of the country. However, us hammering away at each other with our personal political opinions will change nothing about the fate of any country.
1. Ukraine join EU or simplified visa for Ukraine, mongering in Ukraine will finish.

2. East Ukraine Independent, mongering will move there.

3. East Ukraine joint Russia, mongering will finish there

Prosal
03-14-14, 09:32
You are absolutely correct, Jojo, the future of mongering in Ukraine does depend on the political outcome of the country. However, us hammering away at each other with our personal political opinions will change nothing about the fate of any country.It does IMO.

Keep in mind that Ukraine will soon have to live under IMF rules. The unlected new goverment has prepared an economic austerity plan that will cut social services, funds for education, layoff government workers, devalue the currency (ok, admittedly a good thing for us) thus raising the prices of imports which include Russian gas, freeze wages, cut pensions of 50% ($160 to $80) , ect, so that Western bankers who lent money to Ukraine can be repaid at the expense of Ukraine's poor.

http://www.kommersant.ua/doc/2424454

It is Greece all over again.

Prosal
03-14-14, 09:35
1. Ukraine join EUThe EU doesn't want Ukraine. The talk has always been about an EU association, not membership. And if one day Ukraine joins the EU, we will be too old to care.

AColonizer
03-14-14, 12:23
1. Just to remind everyone, there was an international agreement among Ukraine, UE and CSI in 1994, that sets Ukraine (the third nuclear-weapon country in 1994) to eliminate its nuclear weapon in exchange for an international agreement of not-military aggression by the EU and the CIS. That was one of the worst deal in the human history! If Ukrainian government was not so idiot and corrupt (in 1994 as much as today) , then it could sell its nuclear weapon as much as Saudi Arabia sells its oil, and now Ukraine could be wealthy as much as Saudi Arabia.

2. Just to remind everyone, Crimea is already an autonomous Republic, and its population is mixed Russian, Tatar and Ukrainian. Most of the nationalist claim is caused by Russian soldiers and by the Russian soldiers' relatives in Crimea.

3. Living in CSI is a shit, and that never could be better (in next 20 years). Russian people know that very well. Crimea could go to CSI and its economical situation doesn't change in better, anyway.

4. All this sad history just because one or few people want more power with no respect of starving population. And the Western world does the same.

Arent western troops illegally and criminally in Iraq (for oil) and some other countries? How does this work, only some countries can invade and occupy?

BTW- wasn't Crimea a gift to UA? I heard its been part of UA for a short time

Muddy7
03-14-14, 18:43
Nice article if you plan to travel to Kiev and stay around maidan:

Ukraine society's rejects replace activists in square.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2023116031_ukrainesquarexml.html

Prosal
03-15-14, 12:43
Better avoid Kharkov those days.

Two pro-Russian protesters have been shot dead yesterday night, probably by Right Sector. Seems that the events leading to the deaths began when a group of nationalists opened fire from inside a car at a pro-Russian protest held on Kharkov's central Square.

As a reminder, the Right Sector nazi thugs have stolen some 1200 weapons during their seizure of police stations in Lviv.

The irony is that the leader of the Right Sector (Dmitry Yarosh) is now deputy head of the National Security Council, ie the police.

Suka Shalava
03-15-14, 12:54
If Texans decided to hold a vote, to secede from the US and annex their territory to Mexico, why would anyone in Texas give a shit what the people of Crimea think about that? If Texans want to have a vote over their future, they have that right. It's called democracy, the right to vote your own government. Would there be another civil war? Maybe, maybe not.

But as far as what anyone else in the world thinks, it would be like Texans saying, oh, well, we should listen and care about what Crimeans think about what we're doing! Why the fuck would Texans give a shit about what Crimeans or anybody else thinks?

So if the Crimean citizens of the already autonomous republic of Crimea want to vote to decide their own future, why the fuck should they give a shit what anyone else, that isn't Crimean, thinks about it?

Why the hell should Crimeans care what John Kerry says. He ain't crimean. He doesn't live there. Its not his land. Why shouldn't Crimeans have a right to choose what they want?

Of course there's plenty of intimidation, pushing and shoving, bullying, threats, deeply intrinsic corruption, and fear. Is that anything new, for the political style practiced in that part of the world? Of course not. That's their history. History doesn't change. History repeats itself.

The similarities between the world today and 2000 years ago when Romans considered themselves the legitimatized rulers of foreign lands, based solely on their ability to use their overwhelmingly superior military power to conquer and control other parts of the world, and the concentration of wealth they greedily amassed through slavery and one-sided unfair business dealing made at the end of a sword, is the most obvious illustration that history repeats itself. Humans rarely learn from their mistakes. The thirst for power and greed found in the pleasure centers of the human brain are no different than addicts that get hooked on narcotics. The meth and heroin addicts always want more more and more drugs to keep going, because the brain builds up a tolerance.

The fall will come, it's inevitable. Power corrupts, and there's no shortage of greed. Just another repeat of Rome. How could George Carlin have been wrong when he said,"We've fucked it all up so badly, we don't really even deserve a chance to fix it. Blow it all up, then the cockroaches will be the only ones that will survive. Might as well give them a chance, they'll probably do a better job than we did.

===========================================

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was originally written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING and thus was edited to normal case text. Writing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING in the internet equivalent of shouting and is thus is prohibited on this forum.

In the future, please do not write reports in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING. Thanks!

Speed of Light
03-15-14, 20:30
So if the Crimean citizens of the already autonomous republic of Crimea want to vote to decide their own future, why the fuck should they give a shit what anyone else, that isn't Crimean, thinks about it?The people of Crimea are not deciding anything. The referendum is a circus act directed by Kremlin.

Also, as long as Crimea is legally part of Ukraine, it cannot "chance countries" without permission from Kiev."Autonomous region" doesn't mean "independent country". Autonomous region means that it has broad rights to decide about it's own internal politics. (Not external.)

Crimea can leave Ukraine if Ukrainian government approves it by changing the constitution. After that it's perfectly fine for Crimeans to have a democratic or non-democratic referendum.

Texas can't leave USA either without the permission from the federal government. (Well, of course it CAN leave by force, but that's a different story then.)

Muddy7
03-21-14, 00:40
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/mashable-us-film-crew-recounts-harrowing-escape-from-pro-russian-mob-in-ukraine-340231.html

Mashable: US film crew recounts harrowing escape from pro-Russian mob in Ukraine

Member #4274
03-21-14, 03:10
I feel, as someone who has lived in Kyiv, Ukraine, since one month before the announcement by former President Yanokovych, that the majority of people posting about the situation here in Ukraine are either victims of the media of their countries or just plain ignorant. First of all, Kyiv is very calm right now. I have gone to Maidan weekly for 5 months, save the week from Feb. 18 to 25, and I have never once encountered a problem. Secondly, don't believe all this right-wing, Nazi bullshit you read. Is there some in Ukraine? Of course there is, its Eastern Europe, after all. However, Saint Petersburg, Russia, has one of the highest if not the highest concentration of neo-Nazi's in the world, but you don't see Putin doing anything about it. Why? Because its not about right-wing fanaticism, its about territory. Putin doesn't give a damn about Ukraine, he wants to control Ukraine. Period. Lastly, Crimea will be a headache for Russia. Crimea is far, far from being self-sufficient. It will cost a country that can barley take care of its struggling economy and its many failing cities 5 billion per year. Much like South Ossetia, the people of Crimea will celebrate now but in 3-5 years time they will rue the day they joined Russia.

More importantly, what does this mean for mongering? Well, Putin's near incompetence will set the Russian economy back for years while Ukraine suffers through an economic depression that it is already started to feel. So, the mongering will be good. However, don't believe this anti-Ukrainian nonsense being put forth by posters who know nothing about this country or its people. I come into contact with dozens of Ukrainians every week and they are terrific people.

Muddy7
03-24-14, 19:44
A star is born as Japanese men can't resist sex appeal of Crimean prosecutor

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/a-star-is-born-as-japanese-men-cant-resist-sex-appeal-of-crimean-prosecutor-340693.html

There was a comment in the article, someone said "She can annex me any day" maybe by CanadianBoy

Yeah. Just remember that Russia will do the annexation, and a certain peninsula will be violated, and Russian troops will be lined up to take over the rest of you via the back door son.

Gentleman Travel
03-24-14, 20:15
Sure Prosal, I agree with your assessment.

And while the wisdom or social justice of these measures can be disputed, depending on your point of view, surely from the monger's point of view this is all good?

Low wages, poor safety net, expensive imports and devalued currency will all drive struggling dyevushki into the arms of comparatively wealthy westerners.

You can probably find girls to sponsor / semi-pros in Greece much more easily now than 5 years ago. That will go ten-fold for Ukraine.

It does IMO.

Keep in mind that Ukraine will soon have to live under IMF rules. The unlected new goverment has prepared an economic austerity plan that will cut social services, funds for education, layoff government workers, devalue the currency (ok, admittedly a good thing for us) thus raising the prices of imports which include Russian gas, freeze wages, cut pensions of 50% ($160 to $80) , ect, so that Western bankers who lent money to Ukraine can be repaid at the expense of Ukraine's poor.

http://www.kommersant.ua/doc/2424454

It is Greece all over again.

Muddy7
03-25-14, 00:14
Sure Prosal, I agree with your assessment.

And while the wisdom or social justice of these measures can be disputed, depending on your point of view, surely from the monger's point of view this is all good?

Low wages, poor safety net, expensive imports and devalued currency will all drive struggling dyevushki into the arms of comparatively wealthy westerners.

You can probably find girls to sponsor / semi-pros in Greece much more easily now than 5 years ago. That will go ten-fold for Ukraine.It all depends, the US and EU will do some good things for UA just to show eastern ukraine and russians they would be better off with the west like no visa travel for 90 days or so, better salaries, . Just like east / west germany, south / north korea and so on which is not good for mongers.

What has happened is not good

Muddy7
03-25-14, 06:42
This is good, the problem is the ua gov is so weal they can't enforce it.

Kiev Moves to disarm Ukrainians with Russia at the door.

Read more at http://www.commdiginews.com/world-news/kiev-moves-to-disarm-ukrainians-with-russia-at-the-door-13000/#33wv1e0FhfuXmfc3.99

Gentleman Travel
03-26-14, 15:14
It all depends, the US and EU will do some good things for UA just to show eastern ukraine and russians they would be better off with the west like no visa travel for 90 days or so, better salaries, . Just like east / west germany, south / north korea and so on which is not good for mongers.

What has happened is not goodSure the West will do what it can to prop up the government and the economy, but the best they can do is stave off disaster. Real wages won't rise, but at least they will be paid. I can't believe the EU would eliminate visas for travel. There would be a flood of Ukrainians out to escape the uncertain future.

So I think you've got a captive, impoverished and worried population there for the next few years.

Yes "what has happened is not good" in human, economic and geo-political terms. But it should be good for mongering.

Muddy7
03-26-14, 15:19
the eu will speed up the implementation of a simplified visa regime for ukrainians, stated european commissioner for expansion and european neighbourhood policies stefan füle.

he said this at the open session of the ukrainian government with the participation of european politicians.

'on our part we will be speeding up the liberalisation of visas for ukrainians, ' stated füle.

european officials understand, he noted, that these efforts can only be realised with the active participation on part of ukraine.

'we saw how decisions and laws in very short terms solve issues of visa liberalisation. i hope that we will go to the second stage of the process in the near future, ' said füle.

aside from this, during the government session the finalised legislative package was approved, necessary for ukraine to cross to the second stage of the non-visa regime.

'de facto we are talking about making decisions that will give ukraine an opportunity to, in collaboration with european partners, finalise the procedure of establishing a non-visa regime, ' said the prime minister arseniy yatseniuk, when opening the government session.

Muddy7
03-26-14, 23:19
Chaos on the Streets of Kyiv? The Reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZaE45CdTNw&list=UUlJNzh9PUPBlpgrjFxGt1-Q

Prosal
03-27-14, 15:39
First reform required by IMF today to provide loans to Ukraine: to let its currency (already at its lowest) depreciate.

Good for us, bad for Ukrainians.

Muddy7
03-27-14, 16:38
Russian 'blitzkrieg' from North and East-North.

http://euromaidanpr.wordpress.com/2014/03/27/russian-blitzkrieg-from-north-and-east-north-u-s-intel-on-ukraine-is-lagging-behind/

Muddy7
03-28-14, 03:20
State Of War.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/state-of-war-341161.html

Muddy7
03-28-14, 14:01
WAS Crimea just the beginning?

'By the end of the weekend, Europe's biggest war since 1945 will have begun or Putin will have started to send the troops on the border home, '

http://www.news.com.au/world/a-rapid-russian-buildup-of-tanks-and-troops-with-tough-talk-from-president-vladimir-putin-raises-fears-war-with-ukraine-could-be-imminent/story-fndir2ev-1226867240935

Muddy7
03-28-14, 14:49
Ukraine's multiple crises scare off tourists.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/business/ukraines-multiple-crises-scare-off-tourists-341231.html

Muddy7
03-28-14, 15:47

Kiev Freak
03-29-14, 09:40
Hey, it is safe to visit Kiev? I am thinking to visit Kiev or odessa, but as muddy say, Russian army approaching. Is there a war risk? What is the situation?

Bimbo Boy
03-29-14, 10:44
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/mashable-us-film-crew-recounts-harrowing-escape-from-pro-russian-mob-in-ukraine-340231.html

Mashable: US film crew recounts harrowing escape from pro-Russian mob in UkraineI would be very suspicious of the Kiev Post newspaper bias. This quality newspaper has been around for many years. Its circulation is mostly free and it has little advertising.

So my question is : who has been financing it in the past years?

Then look at this newspaper's orientation during the Maidan events, and you will have a hint at the answer.

Regards.

Prosal
04-02-14, 09:24
BTW

Russia has nearly doubled pensions paid to retirees in Crimea, raising them to the average levels paid in Russia (about 300 $).

Social services, as goverment workers (teachers, doctors, ect ect) salaries, will also be significantly raised from 1 April.

Meanwhile, the Kiev unelected goverment has cutted pensions of 50% (160 $ to 80 $) and IMF has required an austerity plan that will cut social services, layoff government workers, freeze wages, ect.

In your opinion, what do East Ukrainians think about that?

Bimbo Boy
04-02-14, 20:27
BTW

Russia has nearly doubled pensions paid to retirees in Crimea, raising them to the average levels paid in Russia (about 300 $).

Social services, as goverment workers (teachers, doctors, ect ect) salaries, will also be significantly raised from 1 April.

Meanwhile, the Kiev unelected goverment has cutted pensions of 50% (160 $ to 80 $) and IMF has required an austerity plan that will cut social services, layoff government workers, freeze wages, ect.

In your opinion, what do East Ukrainians think about that?I agree.

Poutine is a master strategist!

I am in Moscow now. There is an incredible national spirit to support Crimea. People stop buying Georgian or French wine and buy Crimean wine. They are buying vacation packages to Crimea. It is impressive.

Prosal
04-08-14, 14:55
Much like South Ossetia, the people of Crimea will celebrate now but in 3-5 years time they will rue the day they joined Russia.BTW South Ossetia is a very homogenous ethnic, cultural and linguistic zone, and support for independence (and unification with Russia) has always been strong. The conflict between Georgians and Ossetians dates back until at least 1918.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian%E2%80%93Ossetian_conflict

The 2008 war began when Georgia's Western-leaning president commanded a large-scale military offensive against South Ossetia, in an attempt to crush an uprising and reclaim the territory, and the war spreaded to Abkhazia (it was the third Georgian-Abkhazian war).

Conflict for Ossetia (and Abkhazia) 's autonomy between Georgians and Ossetians and Georgians and Abkhazs is much more complex than a mere "Russia's seizure".

Bimbo Boy
04-16-14, 15:39
the poor ukranians will get poorer even faster than the poor greeks, as it seems that their gold was taken out of the country.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ukraines-gold-reserves-secretely-flown-out-and-confirep001ed-by-the-new-york-federal-reserve/5373446

what do you think of this? true or false?

the grivna is now trading at close to 18 to an euro. it was at 11 end of 2013 less than 4 months ago. it is frightening.

Uke Boy
04-16-14, 16:23
The poor Ukranians will get poorer even faster than the poor Greeks, as it seems that their gold was taken out of the country. What do you think of this? True or false?I have not heard about the gold heist. The news should fully leak out soon if this was the case but I would not be surprised.

The situation will get much much worse and sooner rather than later. Today the Ministry of Health announced that medicines have risen in cost by more than 50 percent. Lots of people will now be much sicker or die sooner since this will now place this necessity out of reach for many, especially the pensioners and many others struggling to just get by. The interim government has no money allocated to help with such social issues and now also wants to fire all the social workers! This will no doubt kill many more people than those who died in the Maidan events.

In the next few months, the cost of communal services such as utilities, heat, hot water, electricity, phone and other services are due to be significantly increased due to IMF demands. This will create even further discontentment and possible unrest. Naturally, the pensioners and the working poor will also be seriously affected.

Food prices are not dropping as they normally would in the spring of the year. High food prices will add another onerous level of hardship on the population. The price of what is known here as the cost of the "borscht food basket" has risen significantly along with many other basic foodstuffs and will likely not go down.

Wizz Air today cancelled many of its scheduled flights, most to and from Lviv. This is due to many fewer Ukrainians being able to afford trips abroad. This is also a very bad sign of things to come and Crimean holidays are now out of the question as well.

Where this will all end is still a huge unknown. There may well be many more Maidans.

Muddy7
04-30-14, 07:19
http://www.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=22364592

Clashes break out near Independence Square in Kiev

Muddy7
04-30-14, 07:24
National Security official believes Maidan brawl ordered by Russian special services.

http://euromaidanpr.com/2014/04/30/national-security-official-believes-maidan-brawl-ordered-by-russian-special-services/#more-7976

Leggio1
05-04-14, 18:54
How long before the Russian thugs organize and seize Kiev?

Starchild2012
05-05-14, 20:28
How long before the Russian thugs organize and seize Kiev?They are all same at the top. The Elites don't care where you from. These political boundaries are for slaves. Consider this.

Russia and America are the Best Friends For EVER. Whenever they want to destroy a country they come from opposite sides in the name of Communism / Democracy – Socialism / Capitalism aka any opposite ideologies with a common ground on Freedom. This is the same tactic they used for over 100 years now.

List of countries they have divided and ruled and butchered millions of local population.

Whenever US & Russia ZERO-IN on any country. Its guaranteed Innocent millions in that country will die.

1. Germany.

2. Korea.

3. Balkans.

4. Combodia.

5. Vietnam.

6. Yugoslavia.

7. Afghanistan.

8. Libya.

9. Syria.

And now.

10. Ukraine.

Is their any doubt looking at the past history of these two countries involved in so called peace and freedom of its local population and then murdering millions and quietly leaving the scene as Russia has done often in the past with America staying to butcher more.

Bad Cop = Russia.

Good Cop = America / EU.

Match Made In Heaven.

Media brainwashing on both side. The reality is common man will suffer and get butchered on both sides

Starchild2012
05-05-14, 20:43
IMF is looting Ukraine and paying Russia. Its all a big gigantic conspiracy. If people really think any elites in their own country or other cares about common man. Needs to wake up.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-08/guest-post-ukraine-crisis-just-another-globalist-engineered-powder-keg

Since, IMF bailed out, everything in Ukraine has become expensive, pension lowered, gas prices increased, interest on loans increased. More debt slaves than before. This is the freedom so called media sponsored west gives for Ukraine plus a war with Russia.

Stop fighting each other in the name of some free masonic political boundaries BS which benefits no common man on earth with all these stupid visa rules. A man must be able to freely walk on earth where he wishes to go. Period.

Cut the BS. Sync in with nature, be one with mother earth. Let it evolve us slowly. Our Destiny is not different from anyone else. We all have the same goal, the same destiny.

My point is do not believe the lies coming out of Ukraine government and Russian government, EU and US. They all want to butcher humanity. The entire political Establishment is brainwashing humanity to kill each other.

STOP THE WAR don't FALL FOR THE CON. WAKE UP

Bimbo Boy
02-17-15, 13:59
Hello,

I was in Ukraine last week. The Grivna is now about 30 to a euro, and it was 10 a year ago, so the currency weakened by a factor of 3.

Inflation is getting scary; Utility prices have doubled. Internet subscriptions trebled. Priced in the shop are increasing sometimes 10% per day!

So the currency is weak, but it doesn't mean that life is cheap.

People are gloomy and all sense of fun has evaporated.

Before Minsk 2, there were reports that the government was considering conscription for women.

Best.

Tomek123
12-30-17, 14:53
Ukraine-new Turkish Pattaya?

December 2017. Citizen of Turkey attracted Ukrainian women to illegal business during the year, 25 Ukrainian girls were involved in the sphere of sex services. Girls had a difficult financial situation. The clients of women became exclusively Turks who arrived in Ukraine as tourists. Puppies organized meetings in rooms of Kharkiv hotels. Now the organizers are detained, they are in prison.

Jojosun
09-29-19, 13:17
Why PrivatBank holds the key to Ukraine's future. https://rlvntnews.com/2019/07/why-privatbank-holds-the-key-to-ukraines-future/.

Returning home after two years of self-imposed exile, Mr Kolomoisky speaks of his "new hope" since comedian Volodymyr Zelensky — who rose to fame playing a fictional president on the oligarch's TV channel — came to power in April.

The glee of an oligarch, who is being investigated and sued in the US for alleged fraud, ".

Mr Kolomoisky denies influencing Mr Zelensky directly, instead saying that fortune seems to be smiling on him. "People come to see me in Israel and say, 'Congrats! Well done!' I say, 'For what? My birthday's in February'. They say, 'Who needs a birthday when you've got a whole president.

Jojosun
02-20-22, 11:59
Hello,

I was in Ukraine last week. The Grivna is now about 30 to a euro, and it was 10 a year ago, so the currency weakened by a factor of 3.

Inflation is getting scary; Utility prices have doubled. Internet subscriptions trebled. Priced in the shop are increasing sometimes 10% per day!

So the currency is weak, but it doesn't mean that life is cheap.

People are gloomy and all sense of fun has evaporated.

Before Minsk 2, there were reports that the government was considering conscription for women.

Best.Women are indeed on the March albeit in High Heels, WTF? Cheaper then Boots?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/07/03/ukrainian-soldiers-made-to-march-in-high-heels-during-military-parade

Let the people eat Cake.

Jojosun
02-20-22, 15:10
The 2 sides in Kiev.

https://ussanews.com/watch-fight-breaks-out-on-live-tv-after-journalist-smacks-ukrainian-politician/

Jojosun
07-06-22, 09:59
QUOTE=JojosunWhy PrivatBank holds the key to Ukraine's future. / urlreplacement2}/2019/07/ why-privatbank-holds-the-key-to-ukraines-future.

Returning home after two years of self-imposed exile, Mr Kolomoisky speaks of his "new hope" since comedian Volodymyr Zelensky who rose to fame playing a fictional president on the oligarch's TV channel came to power in April.

The glee of an oligarch, who is being investigated and sued in the US for alleged fraud, ".

Mr Kolomoisky denies influencing Mr Zelensky directly, instead saying that fortune seems to be smiling on him. "People come to see me in Israel and say, 'Congrats! Well done!' I say, 'For what? My birthday's in February'. They say, 'Who needs a birthday when you've got a whole president. QUOTE.

Now we know about the London Real Estate which is a very good personal investment for President Zelensky, credit goes to Mr Kolomoisky and his Bank. https://new-economy.gr/2022/03/13/zelensky-pandora/.

"The documents show that Zelensky and his partners in a television production company, Kvartal 95, set up a network of offshore firms dating back to at least 2012, the year the company began making regular content for TV stations owned by Ihor Kolomoisky, an oligarch dogged by allegations of multi-billion-dollar fraud. The offshores were also used by Zelensky associates to purchase and own three prime properties in the center of London".

https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/oligarchs-weaponized-cyprus-eranch-of-ukraines-largest-bank-to-send-5-billion-abroad

"The former chairwoman of Ukraine's central bank dubbed it one of the biggest financial scandals of the 21st century". Valeria Hontareva was describing the alleged theft of US $5. 5 billion from PrivatBank.

As for the Future of Ukraine and its lovely People??