PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Admin
04-11-02, 08:00
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Bukek
03-29-04, 07:24
I'm thinking about going to Honduras. Has anyone any experience with towns on the pacific coast, Golfo Fonseco, Choluteca or Nacaome.

Warren Dehaven
06-27-04, 15:20
I've heard conflicting claims regarding age of consent in Honduras. Ageofconsent.com now says 17 though I think it listed 16 up to recently. Older WSG postings say 16 but an expat said locals have said it's 18. Anyone know if there have been changes in the last year?
Warren

Generous Gent
06-28-04, 12:08
A smart move would be nothing under 18 years old especially since Bush signed that new law that states anyone, regardless of where in the world who has sex with a minor and gets caught will do an automatic 30 years.

Honduras is notorious for child prostitutes; really young ones at that, 13 years old and upwards with their mothers promoting this activity. Sorry, but I cannot get into 'child' sex - and they're still children at 16/17 years of age. But again, that's just me.

Cabana Man
08-09-04, 04:52
I am thinking about going to Tocoa, Colon in December - January. Can anyone tell me anything about this place. I have the girl part covered, but safety, hotels and other information would help.

I guess I would also like to know if anyone also has an opinion on Honduras for woman. Are they laid back or hot blooded (eg Colombian). Thanks

Migrant One
08-09-04, 15:50
Cabana Man,

I've been involved with a Honderena off and on for a few years. I've been to Honduras often. The women I've met, and my own novia, are definately hot.

The only Columbians I've met are also hot and their rep in places I've been like Costa Rica is muy caliente!!

I also met a Columbian guy living in Honduras, he said he much preferred Columbian women, better builds.

migrant

Maltrufio
08-09-04, 21:56
Cabana Man:

Tocoa – stayed there about 4 months a couple of years ago. It is a very small town compared to La Ceiba, and even smaller than Trujillo, which is closer. There is no close and convenient beach, there are no nice hotels, most of the streets aren't paved, and there are only a couple of restaurants in town where I could stomach the food – and I’m pretty adventurous when it comes to food. Bars with P4P girls were practically nonexistent. I did meet a couple of semi-attractive girls and did get laid, but I’m not sure if it was worth the effort I had to put in to the chase. Plus, I think it might have been one of the situations where even a toothless 90-years granny looks hot if you’re stranded on a desert island.

Also, in Tocoa I was having problems with theft at my business and was robbed at gunpoint in my office. I had to promise to buy the police lunch so they would come investigate. They then wanted me to give them gas money for coming out. They didn’t do shit, it was a fucking joke. However, if I ever drove through one of their roadside checkpoints, they all became Sherlock Holmes and would detain me forever while they pretended to review my documents. Needless to say, I didn't get any of my shit back.

I ended up commuting from La Ceiba (1.5 hours by car) after a while because Tocoa was so boring and the lack of variety in women. At least once a week there would be a major accident involving a car hitting either a big truck or a farm animal. Either way, the car would be destroyed. I ended up carrying a camera with me in the car and got some awesome crunched vehicle and splattered cow and horse photos (why? – who knows).

I’d have to recommend either Trujillo or La Ceiba over Tocoa. Theres nothing there and nothing to do. At least in La Ceiba you have river rafting, national parks, beaches, etc. and in Trujillo you have better beaches and some interesting architecture and history.

As for Honduran women, I’ve had hot and warm, but no cold. I guess it just depends on the woman as to how hot. They are generally laid back as a people, probably due to the heat, and I met my fair share a lazy fuckers. However, I did have an arrangement with a stripper in La Ceiba and she was one of the most passionate women I’ve been with. She was from the Bay Islands though and women there are rumored to be hotter than the mainland girls. You may have to do some experimenting and let us know what you discover.

Good luck.

Johan007
08-27-04, 15:03
Guys,

this Honduras thing makes me thinking. After I read some stories from several posters in the sections I realy start to think that I might go to Honduras instead of venezuela.

Apparently the price level will be higher in ven. Tickets however will be (me as european) more expensive for me.

But I like mulata's,morena's en canelitas very much.

Besides that I think Honduras (on average ) will be more safe then Venezuela. Especialy Isla margarita gets more and more westernized by mass turism from Europe (and the US/Canada?)

What about the price level of the hotels?

What is the best place to make a start in Honduras...the capital of other places?

kind regards,

Johan

Migrant One
08-27-04, 15:47
Johan007,

I've been to Honduras about 20+ times over the past few years due to finding a girlfriend down there. I've not mongered down there due to her, and will leave that advice to others more qualified, but will toss a few items to you. Never been to Venezuela though.

1) Honduras has a very high crime rate, and the policia are useless. I am large, and grew up in downtown Detroit (a large crimeridden city) and am always aware of my surroundings, but you have to be careful.

At the clubs you will see people checking their guns at the door, like a hat check. Get a ticket and when you leave retrieve your weapon. My novia is Honduran and will refuse to go into many sections of her city (Tegucigalpa, the capital).

This having been said, I have never had an incident. Numerous times in a bar where I was the only gringo and we left quickly due to the looks I was receiving being a 47 yr old gringo with a gorgeous 28 (looks 23) Hondurena.

2) It's a very poor country so as the reports have been saying, mongering is inexpensive and the women love us.

3) As mentioned I never mongered, but always received many, many looks. Sometimes when my novia would go to the bathroom, I would get women approaching me to dance, or talk. Usually they would exit quickly before my novia would return, but a few got quite the abuse from my girl.

4) Many beautiful women there.

5) It is third world, if you stick to local cuisine prices are cheap, even great seafood in the beach areas, but if you need a large steak, or french food, you're gonna pay (if you can find it).

Tegucigalpa is the capital, many bars and restaurants to meet semi pros, or just girls looking for fun.

La Ceiba is party central (although reports are that the mongering is slowing). The partying though will never slow. It's a town on the beach and numerous places to party all night, just be careful!

San Pedro Sula is the working area, nicely built up because of much foriegn investment (read sweatshops). Nice restaurants, clubs and hotels due to the foreigners.

The bay islands (primarily Roatan) is also a great party place where it never stops. World class scuba diving if you like and more english speakers than the other cities.

Other smaller cities Trujillo and the like are decent for visits.

I love Honduras, despite my perhaps negative comments above. I like the people, and the country.

Anyway a little rambling for your consideration.

migrant

Maltrufio
08-27-04, 16:53
Johan, heres my 2 cents:

You may want to reconsider. Yes, there are beautiful women in Honduras, but the voluminous number of uglies drags the average down pretty low - as opposed to Venezuela, where hotties out-number the grotesque. It really all depends on what you’re looking for.

Honduras will definitely be more of an adventure, it will be cheaper, and you’ll probably get better stories (not all good) out of a trip there, but quality (hotel, food, women, etc) will be lower. The only claim to fame of Honduras is that it’s the poorest country in Central America.

Also, regarding the number of Garifuna’s (black), I was surprised that there are hardly any mulatas. It seems the races don’t mix that much, if at all. I’ve seen estimates of 100,000 Garifuna in Honduras, but I don’t think anybody really knows. They are very dark black and still speak Igñeri (combo of Arahuaco, French, Swahili, and Bantu) but typically speak Spanish as well. I didn’t meet any that spoke English, except in the Bay Islands.

I had the pleasure of spending a few nights with a Garifuna or two (it brought back memories of beating off to National Geographic when I was a kid) but had much better times with the latinas.

Regarding hotels, they range from inhospitable to a typical 4 star, with prices ranging from $5 to $200 a night. I stayed in several hotels of varying classes throughout the country and never had an issue bringing a girl up. I don’t think there is such a thing as chica-unfriendly when it comes to hotels in Honduras. An above average, good, clean hotel will cost you $45 to $60 per night.

Regarding where to start, it depends on what you’re looking for. Personally, I prefer to actually do something or learn something and like to get laid in between adventures. Others prefer to spend their days nursing hangovers and nights banging working girls. If you fall into the second group, it doesn’t matter where you go.

If you’re interested, I prefer San Pedro Sula over Tegucigalpa for just about everything, including climate, women, food, and other entertainment. I’d start there, possibly go to Copan (ruins), then head up to the coast for a few days, probably La Ceiba. If I had time, I’d also spend a few fishing/diving off Roatan.

Good luck.

Johan007
08-27-04, 20:52
Maltrufio, Migrant One,

Thank you guys for your good update info and tips. I realy appreciate that.I was in DR,Peru,Brasil and Colombia (cartagena and Bogota) before. In Europe I was in several Eastern European countries and even lived in Romania (my ex was romanian...) So I guess I am a bit "used"to dangerous countries,corruptcy,militairy on the street and "mucho armas a la calle"....LOL

But heee even here in the Netherlands you can get shot...robbed and killed. (Holland has the MOST murderrate from all the EU...!!!) In my region we have many problems with drugs and the crime that is coming along with it.
I will travel LOW PROFILE.....I will NOT take fancy cameras or expensive watches or clothing. I will sleep in normal hotels. And yes.....also for one night a real shithole will do. As long as the sheets are clean,the toilet is working and I can lock my door it is fine with me.

I myself am not so big...only 178cm (don't know what that is in inches) but I am firmly build. Big advange of me will be that I speak decent spanish.
Probably I will have a BUDDY of mine there too. (he is a real Brasil fan...but he wants also to try something new)

San pedro is definately on our list...just as TELA and la ceiba. I myself am not too keen on the capital. My experience tells me that in the smaller cities you can get laid much easier (and cheaper) then in the big capital.

Will look into Honduras deeper.

thanks again

Johan

Johan007
08-27-04, 21:20
OO guys forgot something.

About the chica's. Like I said before in many posts from me: I rather have a 7 that fucks the shit outta me...then a 9 that is like a wet towel...LOL
A 9 that does NOT ring my bell is useless for me.

If a girl is talkative,friendly and has some humor and is GOOD in the sack that makes up a great deal;even if she is "only" a 6 or a 7.
On the other hand many 9's would be arrogant and maybe not so eager to act good in the sack because they KNOW they can have ANY guy later on.

And last but not least: if you turn out the lights it's the act that counts;-)

CU guys

Johan.

Johan007
08-29-04, 00:24
Guys,

again I want to thank you for all info you want to share with me (and others on this board). Honduras is here a very unknown country to me. Most of my collegues didn't even knew were Hon. was situated on the map! Bit by bit I am collecting more info about it.

I found these links via a dutch portal site of Honduras:

http://www.hondurasnews.tv/htms/chicas.htm
and
http://www.nwint.com/members/honduras.html

Is this serious?? Or are these women prostitutes?
On the later site there are some seriously looking types but also women that look like they are in for the $$.

From experience I know in some latin countries (like Brasil,DR or Colombia) it is very unclear were a "normal"girl ends...and were a hooker starts. So I ask here if any of you Hon. vets know more about this.

greetz,

Johan

Maltrufio
08-30-04, 21:29
Johan - I think these are those "dating" sites where poor local girls are looking for a gringo prince to swoop down and save them from a life of poverty by marrying them and bringing them back to the US to live the life of a queen. Thats my impression anyway. I don't think they are professional prostitutes.

However, having said that, with Honduras being so poor, there really is no line between "normal" and "hooker" and I've known several that kind of floated back and forth. While living there, some "normal" girls tried to give me freebies, but I always insisted on paying (most of the time anyway) to keep the relationship where I wanted it, strictly professional. I don't think this would have been the case had I been a tourist on vacation.

On the other hand, if you are a tourist and the girl knows it, she knows she only has a small amount of time to make a good impression, so she might give up the pussy relatively quick. It wouldn't hurt to contact some of these girls and meet with them. If you dont' get lucky, there are plenty of professionals waiting to take your business.

Johan007
08-31-04, 00:23
Hi Guys,

do any of you know IF it's possible to RENT an appartment in Honduras? If so in what pricerange i have to think? US $ 15 a day or 30 or even more? I do NOT need a penthouse with a jacuzzi. Just normal flat will do with toilet,bath,bed and a fridge and maybe a cooking device. But above all it has to be SAFE;-)
I did this in Colombia and in Brasil and I was more satisfied with it then with any hotelroom.
I like my privacy and that could be a problem in some hotels (cleaning ladies knocking on your door at 8.00 AM or very curious hotelguards etc etc..!) Also in some hotels bringing in chica's could be a problem.

Here is another one I could not solve myself: are there any ATM machines that are reliable in Honduras?
I mean not the visas but the normal deb/credit cards.
I have one mastercard (Maestro)with a cirrus logo.
With this card I took money (local cash) from ATM's in DR,Colombia,Peru,Brasil and most eastern European countries. Afterall I think it's very unwise to walk arround with huge amounts of cash $$$ in your pockets. Besides that going to the banc and change it for local money will be timerobbing and very boring.......
Can I also exchange €uro's in Honduras?? I only saw US Dollar rates...so maybe they only take dollars?

How's the expat situation in Honduras? Does anyone know? I can imagine that Hon. so close to the USA there must be living some Americans or even other Europeans like me. One day I surely would retire in a nice latina country with a nice chica and do stuff that I realy like.

I once saw a documentory about a british couple that were running an animal hospital in panama! Or a french guy that had a diving instruction school in Costa Rica.

thanks!

Johan

Expat57
08-31-04, 05:22
I have lived in Honduras for a solid 5 years and kept a house in Tegus untill recently. I paid $130.00 per month for a 3 bedroom house plus the housekeepers room. The house came with a new stove and fridge amd I bought the rest which was very cheap to buy.

Banks, ATM machines are all over and you will not have a problem. My survival depends on my cards and I never experienced any problem.

The American community in Tegus is mostly active military personnel from the embassy and from Soto AFB that come up to relax and enjoy some fine women.

I currently live in Guatemala (Xela) and have been here on and off since 93'. Here I pay $180 per month for a 5 br. 3bath, sunken living room, garage and this city is true monger territory, untouched by gringos. I will be writing a expat report to put this city on the map.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Expat57

Johan007
05-25-05, 12:48
Guys,

right now time is running up and i have to plan my holidays for end of september/beginning of october. Too early?? I don't think so. The cheap tickets are usualy pretty quickly sold out,and me being a dutchmen i don't want to buy a business class ticket to Honduras,DR or venezuela...because that would cost at least 2500 euros...or more!(round trip)
So at this moment i am considering a trip to DR (I was there before in 2002-sosua),venezuela (never been there) and Honduras(would be a first timer too).
Trouble is that with inviting a girl over to my country (Holland) DR will not be a target because Dominicans hardly get a turist visa for my country.
Venezuelans and Hondurenas however don't need a turist visa...and can stay up to 90 days in Western-Europe:-) when they have a valid passport and enough financial means.
Regarding costs of hotels,food and hookers Honduras (and DR) probably would be my best choice. However a ticket from Europe to Honduras would cost me a small fortune (1000-1300 euros...normal round trip with Iberia!).

OOO yes...mongering is NOT the most cheap hobby....I know.
So I will stop my whinning......hahahahahahah. What am i complaining about?...i make a normal living...don't have a wife (anymore) and no kids to pay for.:-)

any thoughts about what is the best choice to make??I sure love them curvy asses down in DR......but also the Venezuelans are damn pretty!
And also in HN i saw some nasty looking sluts......

God bless those latina asses....:-)

Johan.

PS: needles to say i stop considering thailand as an option!!!;-)how cheap it may be.

Nibu Raphael
07-22-05, 02:49
I saw a couple reports on the news today The Spanish News of How Some Hondurans were smuggling Girls from Homduras to work at a club in Union City New Jersey Called El Paisano. I am not sure if any other clubs were involved or What. I will try to catch the News Tonight later again to check in to this. Has this Kind of Sex Trafficking of Young Girls from Honduras happened before to the U.S? If so someone post info on this. I know New Jersey is loaded with Strip Clubs. I just thought this was some interesting weird stuff I saw on the News Today.

Chocha Monger
01-01-06, 17:40
Mongering activities in Honduras seem to have slowed down in general, some places were even closed for the holidays. Now that Maduro lost the presidential elections it will be interesting to see if his "mano dura" policy against crime continues or if the gangs will now feel free to operate with even greater impunity.

The mall in Tegucigalpa was filled with a good number of cuties during the holidays. The best way of finding good quality chicks for fun is still going the non-pro route. There is very little in the way of good organized action in general. High crime and HIV infection rates will most likely prevent this country from becoming a choice destination for mongers.

Migrant One
01-06-06, 17:43
The mall in Tegucigalpa was filled with a good number of cuties during the holidays. The best way of finding good quality chicks for fun is still going the non-pro route. There is very little in the way of good organized action in general. High crime and HIV infection rates will most likely prevent this country from becoming a choice destination for mongers.

I second the HIV warning, and have also found the Fridays in the mall to be good hunting grounds

Brubaker
02-20-07, 22:31
I am going to be in Roatan Feb 24th, any ideas on some reasonable lodging?

Thanks

Cuba Tourist
02-27-07, 03:40
Yes, try Coconut Tree. $30 night for a cabin. Negotiate.

Paul76
03-11-07, 02:19
Hi, guys!

Why are Honduran girls are differents among other latin coutries.

Due to, they "prefer" to meet, date and marry with much more older men like 20 or 30 age gap.

What is the mater in Honduras? (smile)

Can we trust in young girls 20's aged to marry?

And how is the dating there?

Generous Gent
03-14-07, 15:38
Hi, guys!

Due to, they "prefer" to meet, date and marry with much more older men like 20 or 30 age gap.

And how is the dating there?All comes down to dollars and sense. An older guy is usually secure in his employment (cash), ready for that pension (cash), house and no mortgage (cash), probably divorced with kids grown up (cash flow), and is looking for what can not be obtained outside these third world countries; a young woman willing to do whatever it takes to be kept.

As soon as we take one of these into our home/apartment in Honduras, their lifestyle just improved 1000%. No way they'll ever return to a Hondo again; they're basically "spoiled".

Trusting one of these youngsters is another thing. Surely there's one amongst the dozens that are not trustworthy, but that's the needle in a haystack. But what you find is where you find them. Go to a bar and it's doubtful this is going to be your true and intended.

Corndog
03-30-07, 13:03
Hi, guys!

And how is the dating there?

Oh boy. Date and live with yes, marry no. Love does not come into this. When they look at you they see a way out of poverty.

Be careful of who you hook up with. I have heard stories of some of these women robbing the gringos. I know of guys who get a maid from the campos and do her. Never give them a key to your place.

Artisttyp
04-18-07, 18:57
Can somebody set me straight on the beach scene in honduras ? I know pfp is a hit or miss but what about just enjoying the beach and getting into the garifuna vibe ? I will be spending time in el salvador and have access to honduras but do I want it ?
I just finished reading a lonely planet travel book that says the beaches in el salvador are gross and expensive and its better to go to honduras. I only visited one when I was there which was la libertad and yes it was very gross and those surfer dudes are nuts for going in it.
I know about the bay islands but I haven't read good reviews on them either. I assume you can get there pretty easy from SPS...by ferry.

Generous Gent
04-20-07, 13:35
It appears you need to go to Sambo Creek or Corazol. Definitely the flavor you seek. No ferry from SPS to the islands; You must go to La Ceiba to do this. Unfortunately, you may be faced with a major decision - go to the islands, or enjoy what Ceiba has to offer. Utila is nice; far less expensive than Roatan, and loads of diving.

Johan007
09-15-07, 10:51
Oh boy. Date and live with yes, marry no. Love does not come into this. When they look at you they see a way out of poverty.

Be careful of who you hook up with. I have heard stories of some of these women robbing the gringos. I know of guys who get a maid from the campos and do her. Never give them a key to your place.

I agree with Corndog and Generous Gent on this one for 200%. Some years ago I tried to bring in a pretty Colombiana to Holland.....OO Boy what a mistake THAT was!!!
Luckely i didn't marry that *****.....;-) Then again i lost nearly 2 years with her and lots of $$$. So after a while she run off to this guy in Spain...!! And mind you she was ONLY 11 years younger then I was..!!!OOO and I did NOT find her in a sleas bar...or a cathouse...but on the Internet!(cybercupido) AND NO I did NOT beat her...abuse her....or denegrate her in any way...Jeezzz now I wish I had!!!!! LOL

And i seen it so many times...younger pretty latina promising the world to older forreign guys. Mostly the relationship ends in a divorce within the next 2-3 years....leaving most guys with a big financial and emotional hangover:-(

yes go to SA/CA..have fun...enjoy...have sex with the chicas...and maybe if you can live there and even enjoy more!

BUT marry?????????????? OOO man...wrong...wromg...wrong.....WHY???

Most latinas just see this as a mealticket. Or they split and " trade up" (ie find a young more rich guy then yourself) or they want YOU to support her family down there OR maybe even that you get her family into the US/Europe....!!!
Sure they wanna marry your as$...OO yeah baby...and OO yes they too want to have 1-2 kids from you...This is just to cash in a bigger paycheck after they is gonna divorce your as$.

IMHO there never can be real love between a guy of lets say in his forties and a young girl of 23-24-25 yo...that simply is NOT the case. It's always about Money,Status...and to secure THEIR future. I can say that any women from down there which is in a relationship with a man that is MORE then 10 years older is NOT serios. HELL and even women of your own age arent' serious!!! Then again....who want a grumpy,worn down,old hag in SA of 41 yo..!!! NOT ME!!!
I've seen tons of sites were them women in their thirties or early forties TRYING hard to get out.....BUT in South-Am,erica NO latino man EVER would MARRY such a woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVA!! SEX...yes....and that is what is the case. But latino men never merry older women with kids from other men..!!! So why should you????

These women realy age fast....and NOT in grace like most European or North-American women do. If i see some pics on the internet of women in their early thirties from fe. Honduras...Cuba...or Brasil they look OLD!!!! At least 10-15 years OLDER then their European/American counterparts!!! Offcourse there are exceptions.....BUT.....usualy these latinas belong to the upper middle class or infact THE upper class....and to maintain such a woman it needs LOTS of CASH.....patience......and " understanding" from YOUR side.....!!! So NOT me;-)

Corndog said you can liuve with a women without being married....that is possible to a certain level. It depends from what kind of family the girl comes and in whioch country she lives. BUT don't forget in more and more latin countries their laws get " emancinazied" too!!! So that means that even while she is NOT married with ye....after some years living with ye...she CAN have the SAME rights as a married couple!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the case in Colombia,Panama and also in Brasil. I don't know for Honduras......These latins are wising up pretty fast....so emancinazi laws which favourize the wife...and gaining!!!

And...OO another thing.....don't trust all these socalled matchmaking sites...because they suck! Honest,faithfull,caring and homly latinas in their twenties want to meet with older US/European guys....

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Just have fun...but DON'T marry em!!!!!! These women learn to cope with the problems in their lives.....with or without Senor Gringo "helping" them....!
In the end the Gringo always will bite in the dust.....and the women gets the benefits of such a relationship. Here in germany i see so many Latinas which are divorced.....WHY???? You guys think all german men are drunks...beat up their women...and fool arround with other women??? HELL NO!!.....Most men that marry a latina are hardworking,loyal honest guys! it's just these damn spoild rotten women that JUST need a guy to come in and get a visa...as soon they have that.....YOUR assets will be next;-)

Buyer beware!!

my 2 bits

Johan

Chocha Monger
09-28-07, 04:49
I'd have to say that your posting is a pretty accurate description of what an American or European man can expect when getting involved with women in SA/CA. I had a similar experience to yours except that I was younger than the chica by a few years. At first it was great. She had a decent job and there wasn't any demands. Then a the years when by she started mentioning that this or the other dumb gringo bought some other girl a car or house and in some cases even took them to El Dorado (USA) with their 5 kids from various local guys. Eventually the hints grew to demands and the deal breaker came when I refused to contribute to her purchase of a car.

These girls seem to think that all Americans are rich and making tons money in the US is easy. If you try to convince them otherwise they'll just think that you're lying. They all seem to have some family member in the US illegally who is now "rich" by local standards after washing dishes for a year in the US. I'm sure that most of us could have tons of disposable income if we opted to live with 10 other guys in a house and split the rent while working cash jobs and not paying taxes. However, we chose to have our own houses or apartments and pay taxes among other expenses. Poverty makes these women ruthless and hungry when it comes to money and social status. One can easily confuse the sex and affection they give for "love" only to discover that it dries up faster than rain in the desert once the money or other concessions are cut off. You have to admit though that they do a good job of creating the true love fantasy for gringos young and old alike. Many of them succeed in getting married and getting a visa to the US. It takes a strong smart guy to resist the constant pleads of "casate conmigo amor" (marry me my love). Also, don't think that they'll thank you for taking them out of a dusty dog shit littered village. As soon as then girls get to the US they start talking about their "derechos" (rights) when it comes to divorcing you and taking your hard earned assets. For them it's just the way things are done in the US and they see themselves as being entitled to your piece of the American Dream for your having brought them here.

If you're lucky you might get two or three good years from them before they become unbearable due to ungratefulness, escalating financial burdens, jealousy and weight gain. You're better off coming on them and continuing about your business.

I agree with Corndog and Generous Gent on this one for 200%. Some years ago I tried to bring in a pretty Colombiana to Holland.....OO Boy what a mistake THAT was!!!
Luckely i didn't marry that *****.....;-) Then again i lost nearly 2 years with her and lots of $$$. So after a while she run off to this guy in Spain...!! And mind you she was ONLY 11 years younger then I was..!!!OOO and I did NOT find her in a sleas bar...or a cathouse...but on the Internet!(cybercupido) AND NO I did NOT beat her...abuse her....or denegrate her in any way...Jeezzz now I wish I had!!!!! LOL

And i seen it so many times...younger pretty latina promising the world to older forreign guys. Mostly the relationship ends in a divorce within the next 2-3 years....leaving most guys with a big financial and emotional hangover:-(

yes go to SA/CA..have fun...enjoy...have sex with the chicas...and maybe if you can live there and even enjoy more!

BUT marry?????????????? OOO man...wrong...wromg...wrong.....WHY???

Most latinas just see this as a mealticket. Or they split and " trade up" (ie find a young more rich guy then yourself) or they want YOU to support her family down there OR maybe even that you get her family into the US/Europe....!!!
Sure they wanna marry your as$...OO yeah baby...and OO yes they too want to have 1-2 kids from you...This is just to cash in a bigger paycheck after they is gonna divorce your as$.

IMHO there never can be real love between a guy of lets say in his forties and a young girl of 23-24-25 yo...that simply is NOT the case. It's always about Money,Status...and to secure THEIR future. I can say that any women from down there which is in a relationship with a man that is MORE then 10 years older is NOT serios. HELL and even women of your own age arent' serious!!! Then again....who want a grumpy,worn down,old hag in SA of 41 yo..!!! NOT ME!!!
I've seen tons of sites were them women in their thirties or early forties TRYING hard to get out.....BUT in South-Am,erica NO latino man EVER would MARRY such a woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVA!! SEX...yes....and that is what is the case. But latino men never merry older women with kids from other men..!!! So why should you????

These women realy age fast....and NOT in grace like most European or North-American women do. If i see some pics on the internet of women in their early thirties from fe. Honduras...Cuba...or Brasil they look OLD!!!! At least 10-15 years OLDER then their European/American counterparts!!! Offcourse there are exceptions.....BUT.....usualy these latinas belong to the upper middle class or infact THE upper class....and to maintain such a woman it needs LOTS of CASH.....patience......and " understanding" from YOUR side.....!!! So NOT me;-)

Corndog said you can liuve with a women without being married....that is possible to a certain level. It depends from what kind of family the girl comes and in whioch country she lives. BUT don't forget in more and more latin countries their laws get " emancinazied" too!!! So that means that even while she is NOT married with ye....after some years living with ye...she CAN have the SAME rights as a married couple!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the case in Colombia,Panama and also in Brasil. I don't know for Honduras......These latins are wising up pretty fast....so emancinazi laws which favourize the wife...and gaining!!!

And...OO another thing.....don't trust all these socalled matchmaking sites...because they suck! Honest,faithfull,caring and homly latinas in their twenties want to meet with older US/European guys....

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Just have fun...but DON'T marry em!!!!!! These women learn to cope with the problems in their lives.....with or without Senor Gringo "helping" them....!
In the end the Gringo always will bite in the dust.....and the women gets the benefits of such a relationship. Here in germany i see so many Latinas which are divorced.....WHY???? You guys think all german men are drunks...beat up their women...and fool arround with other women??? HELL NO!!.....Most men that marry a latina are hardworking,loyal honest guys! it's just these damn spoild rotten women that JUST need a guy to come in and get a visa...as soon they have that.....YOUR assets will be next;-)

Buyer beware!!

my 2 bits

Johan

Generous Gent
09-29-07, 14:29
If you're lucky you might get two or three good years from them before they become unbearable due to ungratefulness, escalating financial burdens, jealousy and weight gain. You're better off coming on them and continuing about your business.

And this is if you're lucky. These women are taught from birth how to separate a gringo from his money. From abuela to nieta, this is their lifelong ambition. And they are very convincing at times; as we are gullible believing the usual trash.

We can never do enough for these women. The little inexpensive gifts we brought them soon develop into much more expensive items. An email with the rudimentary "le amo" is exactly what we want to hear.

"Thank you" is not in their vocabulary any more than "fidelity" would be. And any family problem (financial) such as a sick mother (financial), or tia can not pay the rent (financial), or her baby boy needs new shoes (financial), will ultimately be yours too. I was sucked in for an appendix surgery the same day I returned to my novia and was strapped with a $1000 bill. ***** just stuck her hand out demanding cash, and not one iota of gratitude. And the kid who benefited.... nada.

Of course if you intend to have one remain faithful (previous paragraph), you must support them. Oh, you can pay a few months rent, but it's cash they really want. Why pay the rent when some stupid gringo will be coming back anyhow.

When you return, already you owe two months rent. And the problem is, we generally do not want to live on dirt floors or in a dangerous neighborhood like Confetti or Delicia, so we find a much nicer place to live. Naturally, this means more money for rent and usually dollars. The dueño knows the value of a dollar too.

I think the most difficult thing to do is live in the same city where you ditched some ***** after two or three years together. They are not likely to respond too kindly when their lifestyle is returning to pre-you. Especially if they're a little older; in their 30's or so. They will be looking for their pound of flesh.

Chocha Monger
10-03-07, 11:01
Generous,
I know what you mean about the pound of flesh. However, she gave me the marriage ultimatum and I simply made the wisest choice. She did get her SUV, though I didn’t contribute, so hopefully she’ll be busy with her new toy and by the time her expenses catch up with her lifestyle she’d have forgotten about me. Two of her sisters married gringos and got their green cards. One sister divorced her gringo and got a big piece of rental property in the settlement after barely two years of marriage and now lives off the income. When she visits Honduras she throws around more cash partying than most Americans. I guess my ex wanted the same deal but I wasn’t taking the bait. I wouldn’t be returning to the same city that she lives in for at least another six months which should be enough for her to have adjusted to the post-me era. She’s had a few local suitors vying to replace me for some time now because she makes decent money by Honduran standards. I’m sure that she will soon have her mind on other things instead of me. To her credit I would say that she was honest and never stole a dollar from me. Since she is middle class and well educated I don’t expect the same level of reprisals that one can expect from the poorer desperate women. The fall out should be limited to gossip and mud slinging instead of the more ruthless tactics like a dose of camotillo.

One thing I learned though is that these women don’t even have to visit the US to become Americanized. They only have to be in contact with friends or family who immigrated to the US. Through exchange of information they soon find out just how much can be gotten out of a gringo in his homeland and they eventually begin to apply that expectation in Honduras. I wouldn’t do the relationship thing again. I’ll make do with the trabajadora from the campo or whatever I can scoop up from the clubs or plazas. That is the better option anyway because I don’t have to arrange my travel and commitments around someone else’s schedule and there are no ongoing obligations.

Johan007
12-06-07, 03:42
Guys,

Neva eva bring them in to your homeland. ! In 95% of the cases such a liason goes break within 3-5 years. Marry them with a prenupe. Sounds good but they will probably not want to do this. And hell. Even with a prenupe you could get fucked!

Thats why I want to move south and live there; THEN it's ANOTHER ballgame! Preferably Panama or maybe ecuador (if they shoot that bastard Correa first). Costa Rica allready is way too expensive.

Paraguay also came into my mind briefly. But indeed it lacks beaches and has for sure South-America's most corrupt system you ever could dream off.

Honduras has pretty women. But for me to live there permanently. NO WAY JOSE.

So lets stick to the 3 F's here. Find them. Fuck them. And Forget them;.) and never ever fall in love with a puta!

Johan

Generous Gent
12-06-07, 13:57
Sound advice, Johan... it's residency first, and then petitions to bring her entire family back to the states. The Latina that can't go past 2-3 years is looking for a quickie; this way she can entice all her ex-boyfriends with a business proposition (marriage) and walk away about $5000 or so richer every 3 years or so.

The smart attitude is to use them for what they are good for; domestic work (cooking, cleaning, etc.) and personal attention ( flatbacking, blowjobs, etc.) Not a one of them has an honest bone in their body.

So that 3 F's analogy is accurate, but lets add one more sentence to this. Take them home at night and in the morning play a magical act; make them disappear...

Johan007
12-06-07, 22:36
Sound advice, Johan... it's residency first, and then petitions to bring her entire family back to the states. ...You gotta be fucking kidding me? Hell I won't do that! I been hearing about this. And after the family is in the us the guy gets butt fucked. And can take a hike.

Indeed the word "gracias"only seldomly comes over their lips. They take many things for granted. Dude I could tell ye stories. You wouldn't beleive me. ! The older they get the worse they get! No sane latino man would marry a woman over 30 yo! For sure if she is a "madre soltera". With kids!

No mo marriage!

Nfw.

Johan

Optic Guard
12-18-07, 01:06
i have been thinking about the guys in Colombia have done and just renting a house and renting the rooms. I wonder why some one just do that the must have nice houses somewhere in San Pedro Sula and alike what do you think
TOM

Mr Mundo
02-22-08, 04:54
You gotta be fucking kidding me? Hell I won't do that! I been hearing about this. And after the family is in the us the guy gets butt fucked. And can take a hike.

Indeed the word "gracias"only seldomly comes over their lips. They take many things for granted. Dude I could tell ye stories. You wouldn't beleive me. ! The older they get the worse they get! No sane latino man would marry a woman over 30 yo! For sure if she is a "madre soltera". With kids!

No mo marriage!

Nfw.

JohanI agree. Older (past middle aged) Latin women can be real rough and get very pushy. Some guys are obsessed with older Latin women. FORGET IT, they are real pains in the culito.

Generous Gent
02-25-08, 13:01
I agree. Older (past middle aged) Latin women can be real rough and get very pushy. Some guys are obsessed with older Latin women. FORGET IT, they are real pains in the culito.

Pushy? They can be outright violent. I remember lying in bed drinking coffee with the ex-novia watching la noticias as they started opening bags of what I thought was a gutted pig tossed i the trash. This was the remains of a guy whose wife killed and dismembered him with a fucking machete.

It's like they become even more ignorant as they age... two old hags discussing last nights novela, standing and blocking the entire sidewalk. Standing in a doorway as you attempt to enter, but having to wait until they finish dialing that cell phone number.... or better yet, cutting into line at the bank; it's no wonder these women are all alone. Now give them a couple beers and see what happens....

NYCmat
02-25-08, 15:31
Never marry them. Also be careful with the baby trap there. It can get bad. I am not sure of the whole aspect of child support and how that goes. But I guess there isn't dna testing there. When I was with the stage 5 clinger bessie (WARNING: stay away) she was going around telling people that I am the babies daddy and scaring women away from me. But she was also asking me to pay for pampers and food. I don't get that, and nor did I ever pay a freakin dime for a kid that is not mine. I have heard rumors that they say they can try and get your passport or something like that. I remember bessie telling me that her real babies father who is from england pays child support through there country. Perhaps gent can elaborate more on the baby trap there in Honduras.

Generous Gent
02-26-08, 13:42
never marry them. also be careful with the baby trap there. it can get bad. i am not sure of the whole aspect of child support and how that goes. but i guess there isn't dna testing there. when i was with the stage 5 clinger bessie (warning: stay away) she was going around telling people that i am the babies daddy and scaring women away from me. but she was also asking me to pay for pampers and food. i don't get that, and nor did i ever pay a freakin dime for a kid that is not mine. i have heard rumors that they say they can try and get your passport or something like that. i remember bessie telling me that her real babies father who is from england pays child support through there country. perhaps gent can elaborate more on the baby trap there in honduras.

never ran across this although i'd imagine that this girl was keeping you all to herself. they're always looking for money though; babysitter, [CodeWord131] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord131), freaking tigo cards so they can call you....

passports are like gold though. these are, from what i hear very easy to sell. maybe this is like concrete proof who the daddy should be? or maybe she can claim that 3 year law that says you have been together and now she gets money from these female filled position domestic courts. well, your money that is....

vampires..... all of them.

NYCmat
02-27-08, 06:57
wait so they can try and get your money? good luck with that. here that fellas? just rap it. there is no confusion by that. i had a vasectomy a while back so it won't apply to me. domestoc courts in ceibe have no bearing in a foriegn country. i am confused. never heard about any 3 year rule etc. please elaborate gent.

thanks in advance.

never ran across this although i'd imagine that this girl was keeping you all to herself. they're always looking for money though; babysitter, [CodeWord131] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord131), freaking tigo cards so they can call you....

passports are like gold though. these are, from what i hear very easy to sell. maybe this is like concrete proof who the daddy should be? or maybe she can claim that 3 year law that says you have been together and now she gets money from these female filled position domestic courts. well, your money that is....

vampires..... all of them.

Generous Gent
02-29-08, 05:54
Wait so they can try and get your money? Good luck with that. Here that fellas? Just rap it. There is no confusion by that. I had a vasectomy a while back so it won't apply to me. Domestoc courts in ceibe have no bearing in a foriegn country. I am confused. Never heard about any 3 year rule etc. Please elaborate gent.

Thanks in advance.

Women have always been on the short end of the end when it comes to relationships, marriage, etc., and this is changing quickly. Lets say you have an apartment/house which you furnished and paid for yourself. You meet some gal and decide to live together like most of us like anyhow. From that point, you start a three year relationship rule that if you decide to trade in the old model for a new one you get screwed.

It is all women in domestic courts; district attorney, judges... and you're a gringo. You took advantage of this poor innocent thing (and she will be exactly this), and you must pay. Either severence pay (to be determined), or she'll get your precious belongings.

She doesn't really want that television or refrigerator...but it does have value. And get this - the courts are trying to change this to a 12 month law; 3 years is just too long to wait for all this good stuff you have.

I don't know about internationally, but I do know of a couple of guys who were lucky to get out of this country and make it to Panama and back to the states. They can never enter Honduras again and I would imagine the C-4 countries for that matter.

NYCmat
03-01-08, 04:00
so if i understand you gent, a woman can say that they were in a 3 year relationship even though they werent and give you a hard time. am i correct? even if they werent. as far as a baby i have yet to get that answer because that is just a matter of time before they try to run that scam over a few mongers and that is some important information that is needed for everyone. whats the deal with the whole passport thing? i mean its no good to anyone other then the owner i assume and they go nuts on them in the states.

here is some advice for new mongerers there in honduras. now because of the flight rules in the states the honduran security goes through your bags if they see that you are from the states. not for any reason other then to take your stuff. they keep a small bag there to "confirep001e the stuff that the u. s. will not allow you to bring into the country. and that is even if you have it in a zip locked bag. i bought aloe and suntan lotion there and they tried to take it from me because i was going to the states. i said its ok and they insisted. i said ok just give me 1 minute with the thing. i went to the garbage can right behind me as you go through the metal detector and dumped it all out. i turn around and they ask me what i am doing and i told them that i was giving them what they wanted. just without the stuff in them. heres the bottle. they were not to happy about it. haha. f' them! even though its just 5 dollars, it was the point. then when you get through that gate you are searched again before you board the flight. i was like damn thank god i threw it out. anyway if you are catching a flight to ceibe, make sure you show your boarding passes or they will do just this.

Generous Gent
03-01-08, 13:48
so if i understand you gent, a woman can say that they were in a 3 year relationship even though they werent and give you a hard time. am i correct? even if they werent. as far as a baby i have yet to get that answer because that is just a matter of time before they try to run that scam over a few mongers and that is some important information that is needed for everyone. whats the deal with the whole passport thing? i mean its no good to anyone other then the owner i assume and they go nuts on them in the states.

here is some advice for new mongerers there in honduras. now because of the flight rules in the states the honduran security goes through your bags if they see that you are from the states. not for any reason other then to take your stuff. they keep a small bag there to "confirep001e the stuff that the u. s. will not allow you to bring into the country. and that is even if you have it in a zip locked bag. i bought aloe and suntan lotion there and they tried to take it from me because i was going to the states. i said its ok and they insisted. i said ok just give me 1 minute with the thing. i went to the garbage can right behind me as you go through the metal detector and dumped it all out. i turn around and they ask me what i am doing and i told them that i was giving them what they wanted. just without the stuff in them. heres the bottle. they were not to happy about it. haha. f' them! even though its just 5 dollars, it was the point. then when you get through that gate you are searched again before you board the flight. i was like damn thank god i threw it out. anyway if you are catching a flight to ceibe, make sure you show your boarding passes or they will do just this.

actually the imposed-upon (hondurena) would need proof; like not just her best friend, sister, cousin, etc., but something along the line of a receipt for cable, services, and of course they would check visas via computer and substantiate her claim.

i ditched my girlfriend as we approached three years and then i find out she was not divorced; which of course, means the law does not apply to me. i was worried however, thinking i was at the very least, going to lose all my shit.

there is another law for girls under 21 (catch-22, eh?) like you robbed them of their childhood or something, and the day they turn 21 years of age, they can take you to court for some type of support/compensation. they only have one year to do this and honestly, it was a lawyer friend of mine who explained it to a friend as i listened. the golden rule is : 21 years of age.

now i'm not exactly sure what the us passport thing is....but the word is this is like gold. i prefer not to find out.

i am guessing you had this problem with airport security in la ceiba? i fly sosa to san pedro sula and boarding there is a snap. seems checked luggage is what they want to see and generally i try all carry-on since i have clothes on both ends and really don't need much. but good for you; if you can't have it, no one can!!

NYCmat
03-02-08, 05:24
Well actually I did not have the problem in ciebe airport, it was SPS where the problem was. So please explain the 21 year old rule. That sounds a little wierd. Like a catch 22. LOL. For real what is it all about?

Actually the imposed-upon (Hondurena) would need proof; like not just her best friend, sister, cousin, etc., but something along the line of a receipt for cable, services, and of course they would check visas via computer and substantiate her claim.

I ditched my girlfriend as we approached three years and then I find out she was not divorced; which of course, means the law does NOT apply to me. I was worried however, thinking I was at the very least, going to lose all my shit.

There is another law for girls under 21 (catch-22, eh?) Like you robbed them of their childhood or something, and the day they turn 21 years of age, they can take you to court for some type of support/compensation. They only have one year to do this and honestly, it was a lawyer friend of mine who explained it to a friend as I listened. The golden rule is : 21 years of age.

Now I'm not exactly sure what the US passport thing is....but the word is this is like gold. I prefer not to find out.

I am guessing you had this problem with airport security in La Ceiba? I fly Sosa to San Pedro Sula and boarding there is a snap. Seems checked luggage is what they want to see and generally I try all carry-on since I have clothes on both ends and really don't need much. But good for you; if you can't have it, no one can!!

Johan007
03-16-08, 13:29
I have been reading up a bit on this stuff and it said that the legal age in HN is 18 yo.

So whats with this 21 yo shit?

Huh?

Seems you have to keep yer wits about you all the time in CA or SA or else gringos get fucked over. But then again: WHATS NEW?

Suerte

Johan

Generous Gent
03-17-08, 16:05
actually, the age of consent (was told to me from someone reading some website which states age of consent for every country) is like 15 years old but then you'll hear that it's 14 and then 16. 18 doesn't mean diddly in honduras; according to law, anyone under the age of 21 are considered children and this is the problem when convicting gang members and those caught in other crimes.

i would imagine an 18 year old prostitute isn't going to be a problem but there are times when the polica stage a crackdown and round up all the girls without a cedula. this of course being because some are '****'.

thursday night was a good night... all sorts of girls out there because ceiba has a new law; every business must shut down by 1:00am monday-thursday, and 3:30am on the weekend. now these girls waiting for the biggest buck to walk up are not so selective because the night ends quickly.

i asked a few their ages and they were all 18 years old. imagine that. a couple friends took them to their hotel and certainly had a great time but being here fulltime....

ended up in a couple strip joints that night prior to my friends leaving, congo bongo and chica's. congo bongo is a place you want to go in with almost correct change; they never have it, and always try to screw you out of it. almost into a fight myself over this, calling this mariconito ladron outside.

chicas isn't exactly cheap either, girls drinks are 120 lps. one friend claims a blowjob in the dark area of the back but surely he paid for it. no way i'd ever pay 700 lps and that is the asking price in a strip joint.

well actually i did not have the problem in ciebe airport, it was sps where the problem was. so please explain the 21 year old rule. that sounds a little wierd. like a catch 22. lol. for real what is it all about?

Generous Gent
03-17-08, 16:09
They are always finding ways to screw a gringo...but like my last post mentioned, they are ALL considered children until they are 21 years of age. Again, I doubt an 18 year old prostitute is going to be a problem. I'd certainly ask to see her cedula though. Lawyer friend of mine here (military) says it's 21 or nothing... Why risk it? Take a look at some of these jails; no guards on the inside - they're all outside.

I have been reading up a bit on this stuff and it said that the legal age in HN is 18 yo.

So whats with this 21 yo shit?

Huh?

Seems you have to keep yer wits about you all the time in CA or SA or else gringos get fucked over. But then again: WHATS NEW?

Suerte

Johan

Curry
03-29-08, 02:26
Ive read that the Honduran population has a black poulation of 2%. From those of you that have visited or live there,what is the liklihood of finding darker girls? Is there a particular region in which they can be located? Im well traveled and know that in the region "black" does not mean traditional African American or West African black but I have a preference for the truly brown dark nippled types. I appreciate anyones informed take on this.Thanks guys!

Generous Gent
03-29-08, 14:12
La Ceiba certainly has it's share of Morena's. It's a mixed bag here, from a wet piece of coal to light skinned canela. There certainly isn't a shortage of darker ones on the northern coast of Honduras.

Ive read that the Honduran population has a black poulation of 2%. From those of you that have visited or live there,what is the liklihood of finding darker girls? Is there a particular region in which they can be located? Im well traveled and know that in the region "black" does not mean traditional African American or West African black but I have a preference for the truly brown dark nippled types. I appreciate anyones informed take on this.Thanks guys!

Chocha Monger
03-31-08, 13:09
I was in Honduras a week ago and discovered that some government offices and private merchants will not accept US currency with ink spots or other marks. This left me with several useless USD $20 bills, luckily, I had enough unmarked bills to make it through my trip. This had never been an issue before, so if you're planning to visit Hondo you may want to make sure that your bills are clean.

Lorenzo
03-31-08, 17:31
This had never been an issue before, so if you're planning to visit Hondo you may want to make sure that your bills are clean.
This seems to be common throughout Latin America. They won't accept worn or torn bills either. Best to bring bills from an ATM; they're usually (but not always) new and crisp.

NYCmat
05-08-08, 17:17
They are always finding ways to screw a gringo...but like my last post mentioned, they are ALL considered children until they are 21 years of age. Again, I doubt an 18 year old prostitute is going to be a problem. I'd certainly ask to see her cedula though. Lawyer friend of mine here (military) says it's 21 or nothing... Why risk it? Take a look at some of these jails; no guards on the inside - they're all outside.Well I just got back from there again. I have to say I have not seen or heard of anything if you are of the age of 18. I mean if she consents and you pay her. She can't say anyhting otherwise. This would only apply if you knock her up from what I learned in regards to the "21" year rule. But if you didn't the it doesnt really apply. I have women there who keep asking me when I am coming back there. But I won't be back until nex year. Don't ever tell them when you are going to be there cause then they will just rob you blind. What a nice time I had. And I stayed away from all the psychos.

Generous Gent
05-09-08, 13:02
Good that you had a fine trip, without incident, aggravation, or any other issue for that matter. Especially avoiding the psychos!

The actual age of consent is 15 years old, and a ***** at 18 would not become a liability. They were available and only wanted the quick money. The 'country' girl deflowered could be, although Hondo's appear to be exempt.

I did however, want to share an experience a very good friend of mine recently had. See, all these girls are ''18'' years old. Seems to me that all the prostitutes working the streets were born in 1990. Anyhow, he took this 18 year old girl for the usual 150 lmp romp and the very next day discovered she was 13 years old. She looked young as most 18 year olds do, but none carry a cedula. At times the police do a roundup of those without proof of age.

Fact of the matter is someone could see you take this girl who claims to be 18 years old when she is certainly under the age of 18. I prefer to gamble at the casino because 13 will get you 15 in this pais....

And once again, although it may not seem important to someone living outside this country....ALL the domestic courts are with female judges, female court officers and female district attorneys. A gringo is fucked from the getgo. Not only are laws regarding womens rights changing daily, but you can afford it and that it the bottom line.

And finally, IF some woman makes complaint against you for whatever reason you go directly to jail. Make no mistake about this; 15, 18, 21... she says something is missing you you took it.... you slapped her although you didn't....any thing; you go to jail in this country until it is sorted out. All she needs to do is find one policeman who listens.

Well I just got back from there again. I have to say I have not seen or heard of anything if you are of the age of 18. I mean if she consents and you pay her. She can't say anyhting otherwise. This would only apply if you knock her up from what I learned in regards to the "21" year rule. But if you didn't the it doesnt really apply. I have women there who keep asking me when I am coming back there. But I won't be back until nex year. Don't ever tell them when you are going to be there cause then they will just rob you blind. What a nice time I had. And I stayed away from all the psychos.

Chocha Monger
05-31-08, 07:14
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-05-30-honduras-plane_N.htm?csp=34

This landing was always scary and the Honduran passengers would appluade everytime the plane touched down safely. Now I know why.

TACA - Take A Chance Airline

Only flew with them once and didn't like the way they overloaded the plane with baggage. Better to pay more and fly with AA or Continental.

Seven mongers aboard?

Memuris
06-09-08, 00:39
Actually, flying to Tegucigalpa with AA was much more scary as their Boeing 757 are (as far as I know) longer than TACA's Airbus A320... in my opinion TACA is a safe airline, it is Tegucigalpa's airport which is (was) insane.

Chocha Monger
07-20-08, 04:47
Has anyone tried Tigo's wireless broadband internet access card for laptops? I have an upcoming trip and I need fast internet but want to avoid going to the cyber cafes if possible.

Generous Gent
07-21-08, 13:47
a friend had tigo wireless which was under contract for a year. lousy, slower than slow speed, and tigo nailed him for every bit of service (6 months @ $15 + termination fee) when he quit the service. the problem here is the contract - if you fail to pay they will definitely arrest you when you return. oh yeah - they wanted the card back too.

most larger hotels have free wireless and just sitting poolside usually means you avoided a cyber cafe...

has anyone tried tigo's wireless broadband internet access card for laptops? i have an upcoming trip and i need fast internet but want to avoid going to the cyber cafes if possible.

Chocha Monger
07-21-08, 14:28
a friend had tigo wireless which was under contract for a year. lousy, slower than slow speed, and tigo nailed him for every bit of service (6 months @ $15 + termination fee) when he quit the service. the problem here is the contract - if you fail to pay they will definitely arrest you when you return. oh yeah - they wanted the card back too.

most larger hotels have free wireless and just sitting poolside usually means you avoided a cyber cafe...
generous gent:
thanks for the info. you've confirmed what i heard about tigo, slow service. i heard that claro has much better service. if i can't get claro without the contract i'll go ahead and use the hotel's service as you recommend. getting arrested over internet service doesn't sound like something i want to try. i've seen honduran prisons and forced labor gangs, while they don't seem to deter locals from crime they are quite effective at doing so when it comes to americans. if the maras don't kill you the periodic "accidental" fires will.

Seeker32
10-06-08, 23:03
My boy who is a stationed in Comayagua informed me that an American contractor was murdered in Comayagua about three weeks ago. All soliders have been confined to the base since then.

Lil Sister (see my previous post) advised me that an American was also killed in Tegucigalpa. My boy was unaware of this. It appears there is strong anti-North American sentiment right now. There have been protest in front of the base in Comayagua.

Just a heads up to anyone planning a trip. I decided to cancel my trip in Noviembre due to this information as well as, the tanking economy here in the states.

If anyone has any accurate information (Generous Gent) regarding these killings please post it.

Chocha Monger
10-07-08, 06:18
My boy who is a stationed in Comayagua informed me that an American contractor was murdered in Comayagua about three weeks ago. All soliders have been confined to the base since then.

Lil Sister (see my previous post) advised me that an American was also killed in Tegucigalpa. My boy was unaware of this. It appears there is strong anti-North American sentiment right now. There have been protest in front of the base in Comayagua.

Just a heads up to anyone planning a trip. I decided to cancel my trip in Noviembre due to this information as well as, the tanking economy here in the states.

If anyone has any accurate information (Generous Gent) regarding these killings please post it.
I visited Comayagua about a month ago and didn't experience any anti-US sentiment though I paid close attention to President Chavez as he tried to stir some up during his visit to Tegucigalpa. Most of these killings usually have something to do with money, property or women. Politically motivated killings of North Americans is very rare in Honduras. The protests in from of the base has more to do with the Honduran government's failure to pay civil servant salaries in recent months around the same time that the population is feeling the pressure of high fuel prices and rising food costs. Staging the demonstration in front of the base gets more media coverage but the choice of location usually has little to do with any sentiments about the US. Most Hondos just want a salary and affordable food. They don't want to become Chavistas.

I won't cancel my trip based solely on those occurrences. The military always errs on the side of extreme caution so the base lock down is no surprise.

Generous Gent
10-07-08, 12:38
I have been sort of under the radar lately chasing a new novia, but there was an American in San Pedro Sula who (American) was kidnapped. Seems this person worked at a hotel, and there may have been more to it. Have not heard of anything since.

We were all worried last month when dia la Independencia came around. The military was everywhere blocking streets in Ceiba, as a coup was expected. And then talk of a revolution. See, Mel wanted to change the constitution so he could remain president indefinitely. A Chavez wannabe, and many other Latin countries are following suit.

I wouldn't cancel any trips; in fact if anyone saw the Mel/Chavez deal for Alba on TV or in the newspapers, it seems Mel was supposed to pay 500 liems per person for those who attended. Something like 5000 people, and he refused to pay when the cameras went off. Not very popular here, however 50 something percent of the money in this country is from the USA and the people know they need the USA to survive.

And gas....all fuel comes from Venezuela at a greatly reduced price and we don't see any change at the pumps. People are really upset because he is amassing a tidy fortune on the backs of the poor people. He never cared about them and although some may be practically uneducated, they're not completely stupid.

I visited Comayagua about a month ago and didn't experience any anti-US sentiment though I paid close attention to President Chavez as he tried to stir some up during his visit to Tegucigalpa. Most of these killings usually have something to do with money, property or women. Politically motivated killings of North Americans is very rare in Honduras. The protests in from of the base has more to do with the Honduran government's failure to pay civil servant salaries in recent months around the same time that the population is feeling the pressure of high fuel prices and rising food costs. Staging the demonstration in front of the base gets more media coverage but the choice of location usually has little to do with any sentiments about the US. Most Hondos just want a salary and affordable food. They don't want to become Chavistas.

I won't cancel my trip based solely on those occurrences. The military always errs on the side of extreme caution so the base lock down is no surprise.

Member #4167
10-07-08, 20:16
because of the concern on the forum, i did some research. the following excerpt is from the british government's foreign and commonwealth office.

honduras
still current at: 07 october 2008
updated: 21 august 2008

crime

there are high levels of crime in honduras. the majority of serious crime involves honduran citizens and does not affect tourists. however, there have been attacks on tourists in recent years, including armed robbery, car/busjackings and sexual offences including [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123). in october 2007, two incidents of busjackings occurred involving british and german tour bus groups in santa rita, on the road between san pedro sula and copan.

for more general infomration see [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) and sexual assault abroad.

the main type of incident for which british nationals require consular assistance in honduras is for pickpocketing and loss of passports. petty theft is a problem in cities and tourist areas, including the bay islands. you should be particularly careful of your belongings at bus stations, airports, tourist places and on public transport. you should keep your valuables locked away in a safe or keep them on your person when travelling.

despite the high levels of crime most visits to honduras are trouble-free. however, the risk of becoming a victim exists and you should take steps to mitigate the risk. you should take your personal security seriously and be aware of your surroundings at all times. the following advice may help:

particular attention should be taken if travelling between towns and cities at night. we advise against walking around tegucigalpa, san pedro sula and other main towns and cities on mainland honduras after dark.

the bay islands are generally safer than mainland honduras. however there have been several attacks on visitors at the bay islands including on the ferries to/from mainland honduras. you should remain aware of your surroundings and take sensible precautions when travelling on the bay islands.

you should avoid walking in quiet areas after dark, in particular on beaches in tela and the north coast towns. there have been several attacks on foreigners on beaches in recent years after dark, including on the bay islands. you should not resist when being robbed. victims have been killed and injured resisting attack. it is useful to carry a few lempiras to hand out in the event of a robbery.

you should avoid displaying items of value such as cameras, mp3 players and mobile phones. this is particularly important when arriving at the airport. there have been instances of foreigners being targeted when leaving the vicinity of the airports in san pedro sula and tegucigalpa. you are advised not to wear expensive jewellery and only carry minimal amounts of cash when travelling in honduras.

you should take care travelling alone in honduras. when travelling to remote areas it may be safer to travel with others or take part in a tour with a reputable company. the same applies to walking on trails and at historical places, as there have been reports of attacks on tourists walking alone. you should never accept lifts from strangers or attempt to hitchhike anywhere in honduras.

you should take care travelling in honduras as there have been reports of violent attacks on cars and buses in recent years. we advise against travelling on microbuses (colectivos) in large cities such as tegucigalpa and san pedro sula for security reasons. you should exercise caution when driving in honduras on certain routes as car jackings have occurred. please see the local travel section of this travel advice for more details.

it is safer to withdraw money from atms in shopping centres or change money in hotels or banks. it is wise not to withdraw too much money at one time. there have been attacks on foreigners after they have withdrawn money from atms. you should avoid withdrawing money at night.

petty crime is widespread in urban areas, and at tourist sites. you should be particularly careful of your belongings at bus stations, airports, crowded tourist places and on buses. theft is common on roatan and the bay islands. you should keep your valuables locked away in a safe or keep them on your person when travelling. travel with several sources of funds: cash, travellers’ cheques (in us dollars), credit cards, etc, but keep them safe and in separate places. carry a photocopy of your passport for identification purposes. although it is illegal to be without some form of identification in honduras, a photocopy is acceptable.

for more general information see victims of crime abroad.

political situation

honduras country profile

demonstrations occur in honduras from time to time, sometimes with little warning. they can become violent and disrupt movement. you are advised to avoid large gatherings or demonstrations.

the honduran constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners, and participation in activities such as demonstrations may result in detention and/or deportation.

local travel

you should take care travelling in honduras as there have been reports of violent attacks on cars and buses in recent years. particular care should be taken if travelling on microbuses (colectivos) in large cities such as tegucigalpa and san pedro sula for security reasons. travelling on major roads between large towns/cities is safer than travelling on more remote routes.

when travelling by car, it is safer to travel on main roads between major cities and destinations. you are at greater risk of attack in remote areas with fewer police patrols. take simple precautions such as locking doors and keeping windows closed whilst travelling. do not travel between towns/cities after dark as you greatly increase the risk of attack.

roads that have seen attacks in recent years include routes from limones to la union and also from olancho via salama to saba. you should exercise particular caution on the roads from gualaco to san estaban and la esparanza to gracias. the isolated roads of the department of santa barbara have also seen criminal activity, and hijackings of vehicles have occurred on roads in/around tela, la ceiba, trujillo and el progreso. in october 2007, two incidents of busjackings have occurred involving british and german tour bus groups in santa rita, on the road between san pedro sula and copan.

you should pay attention to your security at the border areas with guatemala, el salvador and nicaragua. in particular, travellers have been targeted by armed robbers after crossing the honduran border into el salvador. you should avoid openly changing large amounts of money and make sure valuables are kept out of sight. it is often better to cross borders in the morning as borders sometimes close in the early evening or remain unmanned at nights. it also allows time for you to reach your destination before dark.

there are unmarked minefields in/around the border with nicaragua. you should exercise caution and avoid walking on unmarked paths or off main roads in these areas.

Generous Gent
02-21-09, 15:59
A long time friend who participates and enjoys the charms of a young woman found himself breaking the cardinal rule of sleeping with a street gal. Drunk to begin with, he returns to his hotel room (he lives about 50 kilometers outside Ceiba) with a hot little chilipepper and has what appeared to be a great night.

Until the morning.... drunk, puckered out, and fell asleep. With the girl, no less. Which means he woke up missing a few items. Items like a billfold and I.D., Cell phone (go figure), and 12,000 lempira's lighter.

We can never really prevent some form of theft but this was just stupid - and not the first time for this guy. It is habitual, whereas he has a very weak constitution when it comes to getting a nut.

Anyhow, be careful out there boys.... can't trust any of them. If she selling it, she's also stealing. Prostitution and theft go together like rice and beans.

Meat Loaf
02-22-09, 01:22
A long time friend who participates and enjoys the charms of a young woman found himself breaking the cardinal rule of sleeping with a street gal. Drunk to begin with, he returns to his hotel room (he lives about 50 kilometers outside Ceiba) with a hot little chilipepper and has what appeared to be a great night.

Until the morning.... drunk, puckered out, and fell asleep. With the girl, no less. Which means he woke up missing a few items. Items like a billfold and I.D., Cell phone (go figure), and 12,000 lempira's lighter.

We can never really prevent some form of theft but this was just stupid - and not the first time for this guy. It is habitual, whereas he has a very weak constitution when it comes to getting a nut.

Anyhow, be careful out there boys.... can't trust any of them. If she selling it, she's also stealing. Prostitution and theft go together like rice and beans.

Excellent Post.

Chocha Monger
06-28-09, 17:03
Generous Gent,
Have you noticed any civil disturbances since President Zelaya has been arrested and flown to an undisclosed location by the Honduran military this morning?

Generous Gent
06-29-09, 12:51
Sunday morning about 8:30am walking about town, there were protestors outside the municipality next to the park. Shouts of Chavez and burning trash or whatever in the street sort of made me think it is best to avoid this mess.

We missed the second half of the Brazil/USA game because congress swore in the new president; a curfew was imposed, and it appears there is virtually no traffic on the streets this morning. it is early, but generally trucks are whizzing up and down the street where i live.

All fast food joints were closed yesterday, Malls (Ceiba), and maybe no gas today. About 90% of the people were glad to see Zelaya ousted; he was using the ignorant and illiterate (campesinos) to gain what he wanted, citing big business. banks, etc. (and he bring from a logging family) were destroying the economy.

The next ferw days will be interesting. i find it incredible that the US government condemned this coup; El Presidente has denounced the USA, and sided with and wanted to be a little Chavez in a little country. When this happened in Venezuela, the US government couldn't wait to send congratulations to the 'new' president. I am beginning to understand why we are so hated throughout the world....

Generous Gent,
Have you noticed any civil disturbances since President Zelaya has been arrested and flown to an undisclosed location by the Honduran military this morning?

Chocha Monger
06-29-09, 22:05
The reaction of foreign governments to Zelaya’s ouster is perplexing. Why in the world do they want to return this man to power? It seems cut and dry that he went against his country’s constitution in an attempt to remain in or return to office after his four year term in office expired. He was warned that his actions were illegal by the congress, the courts and party members. Instead he chose to ignore the constitution and hold a rogue referendum in true dictatorship style. The courts ordered him to be stopped like any other criminal. If anything the Honduran military demonstrated restraint. Had a Nicolae Ceausescu scenario been played out none of these foreign governments would be coming forth with ridiculous demands today.

It is true that he was a democratically elected president but he violated the terms of his office and opened the way for his removal. Now foreign countries seem determined to precipitate some kind of conflict to reinstate him. I hope Honduran citizens are not subjected to another “Guerra Sucia.” This should be a classic case demonstrating why foreign powers should not meddle in the domestic affairs of sovereign nations.

Talk about strange bedfellows! The US, EU, and Taiwan team up with Venezuela’s Chavez and Nicaragua’s Ortega to gangbang poor little Honduras. It’s really disgusting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31604879/ns/world_news-americas/

Sunday morning about 8:30am walking about town, there were protestors outside the municipality next to the park. Shouts of Chavez and burning trash or whatever in the street sort of made me think it is best to avoid this mess.

We missed the second half of the Brazil/USA game because congress swore in the new president; a curfew was imposed, and it appears there is virtually no traffic on the streets this morning. it is early, but generally trucks are whizzing up and down the street where i live.

All fast food joints were closed yesterday, Malls (Ceiba), and maybe no gas today. About 90% of the people were glad to see Zelaya ousted; he was using the ignorant and illiterate (campesinos) to gain what he wanted, citing big business. banks, etc. (and he bring from a logging family) were destroying the economy.

The next ferw days will be interesting. i find it incredible that the US government condemned this coup; El Presidente has denounced the USA, and sided with and wanted to be a little Chavez in a little country. When this happened in Venezuela, the US government couldn't wait to send congratulations to the 'new' president. I am beginning to understand why we are so hated throughout the world....

FadeToJade
06-30-09, 02:28
Chocha,

I couldn't have said it better myself. When is the US going to stop intruding into the rest of the world's affairs. We have enough problems at home that need addressing. Start with getting in step with the rest of the world and legalizing prostitution.

NYCmat
06-30-09, 07:43
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/29/AR2009062904239.html

In this article you will see politics at its best. From what I'm gathering is that the US is not supporting Chavez or the former president. What they are arguing is the way a elected official was removed from office and then exiled that started at 5am in the morning. And then replacing him with someone else other then a elected official by the people. It wasnt about anything other then that I'm sure.

Lets never forget how they cured the gang problem in ciebe. The jail fire? LOL I love telling people that story.

I also love the way people say its all the US. Anyone else see the league of nations doing anything? There are plenty of people who have opinions that differ. But now that all has been coming out, they are not arguing the constitution. What the real argument or what Congress should have done was to allow a emergency election due to circumstances and did it asap. But they are not. Instead they have someone else there for about 5 months before the election. That goes against democracy. Thats what the US is saying.

Generous Gent
06-30-09, 12:51
Interesting....I always thought our politicians were just a pack of legalized prostitutes as it is? One way or another, they are selling their ass....

Chocha,

I couldn't have said it better myself. When is the US going to stop intruding into the rest of the world's affairs. We have enough problems at home that need addressing. Start with getting in step with the rest of the world and legalizing prostitution.

Sammon
06-30-09, 14:10
Chocha,

How can US be a world power broker if it minds its own business?
We in US live well because of our controlling world economy. A superpower has a say in affairs of other countries. While many think it is lopsided argument there should be a superpower to keep the whole world in order. Otherwise individual countries will do whatever they want and hurt their citizens.There are too many unscrupulous politicians in many countries .
Look at this honduran president. He wants to be president for life. He has no respect for the supreme court which decided agaist term extension fairly or not. Any other president would have respected the courts decision. No, he wants his way or no way. Nobody needs a dictator. We have enough stupid dictators in this world who make it miserable for their citizens.

Chocha Monger
07-05-09, 16:16
u.s. misread scale of honduran rift
zelaya's ties to venezuela's chávez was source of concern for opponents
by william booth and juan forero
the washington post
updated 6:53 a.m. ct, sun., july 5, 2009

tegucigalpa, honduras - although the u.s. government knew for months that honduras was on the brink of political chaos, officials say they underestimated how fearful the honduran elite and the military were of ousted president manuel zelaya and his ally president hugo chávez of venezuela.

rumors were buzzing in the capital that the fight between zelaya and his conservative opponents had reached the boiling point, but diplomatic officials said the obama administration and its embassy were surprised when honduran soldiers burst into the presidential palace last sunday and removed zelaya from power.

u.s. diplomats had been trying to broker a compromise and were speaking to both sides hours before the coup. for decades, washington has trained the honduran military, and senior u.s. officials say they did not think that the honduran military would carry out a coup.

the overthrow, and the new honduran government's vow to remain in power despite international condemnation, is president obama's first test in a region that had grown distant from the united states.

the crisis also pits obama's nuanced approach to diplomacy against that of an often bellicose rival, chávez, who has taken center stage in the showdown by threatening to overthrow the government that took over from zelaya.

the new honduran leaders said saturday that they will not yield to demands made by the organization of american states to allow zelaya to return to power. the caretaker president, roberto micheletti, threatened that zelaya will be arrested if he returns sunday as promised alongside nicaraguan president daniel ortega and other latin american leaders.

the catholic church appealed for calm. cardinal óscar andrés rodríguez went on the airwaves to beg zelaya to "give us room for a peaceful resolution" and warned that, if zelaya comes back sunday, there could be "a bloodbath."

a shift to the left
when zelaya, 56, a wealthy rancher whose family made its fortune from timber, was elected president in 2005, he was a middle-of-the-road populist from one of honduras's two major parties. but as his presidency progressed, zelaya veered to the left and was in constant conflict with business groups, lawmakers from his own party, the news media and the army.

"over the last year, zelaya's positions moved to the left. he pushed social programs and more attention for the poor who have no work," said giuseppe magno, the outgoing italian ambassador. "this switch was not in line with the program he was voted in on. he was too close to ortega and chávez, a position the middle and upper classes did not appreciate."

but zelaya saw it differently, often telling crowds that honduras needed a fundamental shift to deal with poverty so grinding that 40 percent of the population lives on $2 a day or less. honduras is, in fact, the third-poorest country in the hemisphere, and many residents continue to resent the often painful past involvement of the united states.

in announcing his country's affiliation with a chávez-led alliance, zelaya told crowds that it was designed to "make hondurans a free people." he said that in joining the pact, the bolivarian alternative for the americas, honduras did "not have to ask permission of any imperialists."

zelaya increasingly spoke of the two nations of honduras, one hopelessly poor, the other wealthy and uncaring. he began to argue for "people power," a kind of direct popular democracy.

when he toured the countryside, he staged rallies to ask the people what they wanted, and promised new bridges and clinics on the spot, giving away 100 venezuelan tractors to farmers and speaking against an unnamed oligarchy he called the enemy of the people.

zelaya angered the business community when he raised the minimum monthly wage for hondurans by 60 percent. many companies responded by firing workers. other businesses ignored the decree.

when u.s. ambassador hugo llorens arrived last year, zelaya postponed the ceremony allowing the newly arrived diplomat to present his credentials. he fought with his congress, insisting that lawmakers accept his nominees to the supreme court. he refused to sign the budget and he stalled on dozens of bills approved by the congress. all along, zelaya grew closer to latin america's leftist leaders, especially chávez. he traveled frequently to venezuela, where he stood beside chávez as he gave fiery speeches railing against capitalists.

but adolfo facussé, a business leader who had been friends with zelaya, said the president at first explained his alliance with venezuela in pragmatic, economic terms.

"he said a year ago that he was interested in alba," said facussé, speaking of the bolivarian alternative for the americas, which included cuba, bolivia and nicaragua. "i said it's mostly an anti-american enterprise, and he said that's not what interests me. there is assistance being offered."

facussé said that he invited venezuelan embassy officials to meet with honduran industrialists, adding that it became clear to him and other businessmen that honduras could benefit from venezuela's largess, including the sale of fuel on preferential terms, a line of credit from caracas and outright gifts, such as tractors.

"i reviewed the deal, and i thought it was good," facussé said of zelaya's plan to bring honduras closer to chávez and his cheap fuel.

'so brazen, so upfront'
european diplomats who know zelaya and how he operates described him as a populist nationalist, not an leftist ideologue.

those familiar with the growing crisis said concern about chávez by political opponents was driven by an outsize fear that venezuela had diabolical designs on honduras -- and would have implanted chávez's economic system and style of governance had zelaya been allowed to carry out his referendum.

"it was the same scheme chávez had in venezuela," said benjamin bogran, the new minister of industry and commerce. "chávez considers honduras to be inside his orbit."

elizabeth zuñiga, a member of congress and leader of the nationalist party, said: "little by little, step by step, he was looking at the south americans for help and guidance. they were his new best friends." zuñiga, who supports the ouster, said, "what i believe we were seeing was the evolution of a democratic dictatorship."

armando sarmiento, a member of the ousted zelaya cabinet, who is in hiding, said the fear of chávez and his influence on zelaya lead to the coup. "the right wing believes the myth that president zelaya was going to seek an extra term. but this was not true."

sarmiento pointed out that zelaya wanted to help the country's poor, not nationalize industries or create a socialist economy. "president zelaya had very strong arguments with these people, what the president called the oligarchy, the media, the special interests. there were campaigns of hatred against the president."

doris gutiérrez, a member of congress who opposes the coup, said: "the sector here that supports the move against zelaya has never been so open, so brazen, so upfront before. the situation is going to become more dangerous."

'the political nucleus'
analysts familiar with zelaya's cabinet said he was influenced by a small group of close aides. they included foreign minister patricia rodas, viewed as an ally of ortega's sandinista government in nicaragua and daughter of a popular progressive politician who fled the country after a military coup in 1963. others included milton jiménez, a former foreign minister who analysts said had the most influence on zelaya; enrique flores lanza, zelaya's minister of the presidency and considered the most radical of his aides; and aristides mejía, zelaya's vice president.

"they were the political nucleus, the ideologues of manuel zelaya," said jorge yllescas, an economist who is a member of civic union, a coalition of 60 groups opposed to zelaya. "they were the ones who really had the ideological line. when mel got to the presidency, he was liberal, but within a year he had a different tendency from his own ideology."

but the same diplomats are puzzled about exactly what zelaya was after in his attempt to rewrite the constitution. the boiling point came when zelaya began to push for a national survey, a kind of nonbinding referendum for a constitutional assembly that could led to a new law that allowed a president to serve more than one term. but honduras's lengthy, sometimes contradictory document contains language that makes a person a traitor for even suggesting such a change.

as zelaya pressed ahead with his plan to hold the vote last sunday, the day of the coup, the leader of the honduran military, gen. romeo vásquez, balked, because the supreme court told him that the referendum was illegal. zelaya tried to fire vásquez, which further riled the military.

"look, we're democratic and here we respect the ideologies of other countries," said gabriela nuñez, the new finance minister. "but we do not want to change our system of government."

url: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31745453/ns/world_news-washington_post/page/2/

BionicMan
07-05-09, 16:58
How can US be a world power broker if it minds its own business?
We in US live well because of our controlling world economy. A superpower has a say in affairs of other countries. While many think it is lopsided argument there should be a superpower to keep the whole world in order. Otherwise individual countries will do whatever they want and hurt their citizens.There are too many unscrupulous politicians in many countries .
Look at this honduran president. He wants to be president for life. He has no respect for the supreme court which decided agaist term extension fairly or not. Any other president would have respected the courts decision. No, he wants his way or no way. Nobody needs a dictator. We have enough stupid dictators in this world who make it miserable for their citizens.

I still honestly prefer that MY country is not controlled by ANOTHER country, as bad as our premier can be (he will not be allowed to discuss on ISG, since he seems to have some preferences for "below legal age" girls, in some cases), it is up to us to get rid of him, and not by a superpower.
I do not think the USA are exempt from "unscrupulous poiliticians". You just had one that, thanks God, has been set aside from controlling the world.

Chocha Monger
07-06-09, 03:54
Generous Gent,

Shots were fired today at the airport with at least one confirmed kill. Sanctions are likely to go into effect soon. How long do you plan to hold out? Do you have a plan to evacuate? There are rumors that Nicaraguan troops are massing on the border. Given the past tensions over the Gulf of Fonseca there is no telling what may happen.

Generous Gent
07-06-09, 13:00
No intention of leaving anytime soon... Last night an instant curfew was declared about 5pm that streets had to be empty by 6:40pm. I was already home, but the streets were indeed cleared and a very quiet night. Seems even the roosters were quiet, and I could hear each mango drop like a bomb on rooftops in my neighborhood.

The political situation is definitely becoming worse; fights are breaking out, and the Mel supporters are becoming violent. Maybe less than 10% of the population agrees with this nut, but this is a banana republic and some benefit just like the Iraq war was a golden goose to those associated with the Bush/Cheney machine.

Many expatriots have sent emails to all news agencies describing to the world what CNN and all refuse to accept and report. Mel lied to the world - and it is perfectly clear to me that a politician is a politician and unlike thieves, there is a tradition of honor amongst them.

If Nicaragua does invade, this is going to be really bad. As part of the ALBA, wouldn't you think that they have a 'duty' to restore power to the elected official? Meanwhile, we are all just taking it slow; lets see what happens and surely if a revolution/war does break out, the US will get involved and those of us living here stretching a buck will find ourselves asked to leave for our own protection. But this is pure speculation.....

The horror of it all....paying real money to get laid again!

Generous Gent,

Shots were fired today at the airport with at least one confirmed kill. Sanctions are likely to go into effect soon. How long do you plan to hold out? Do you have a plan to evacuate? There are rumors that Nicaraguan troops are massing on the border. Given the past tensions over the Gulf of Fonseca there is no telling what may happen.

Riodulce
07-06-09, 15:34
Hey GG, we aren't that far away here in Rio Dulce and things are cool here. You need to get away for a while to a place with comparable prices, come on over here. We got places for you to hang.

Member #4351
07-06-09, 16:55
The rioters are probably being subsidized by Chavez and his minions. The same is happening here in Peru with riots and road blockades. All traced back to Chavez and Evo. I can´t believe the asshole Carl Penhall´s reporting on CNN. Completely biased.

Generous Gent
07-07-09, 11:59
Thanks for that offer....

Hey GG, we aren't that far away here in Rio Dulce and things are cool here. You need to get away for a while to a place with comparable prices, come on over here. We got places for you to hang.

Generous Gent
07-07-09, 12:08
CNN becomes frustrating because as you are experiencing, you know what really is happening and they are not exactly being truthful. Perhaps ambiguous at best? Whatever happened to the day of Lois Lane and Brenda Starr reporting it the way it happened???

The rioters are probably being subsidized by Chavez and his minions. The same is happening here in Peru with riots and road blockades. All traced back to Chavez and Evo. I can´t believe the asshole Carl Penhall´s reporting on CNN. Completely biased.

Beemer Z
07-12-09, 20:41
Heading into San Pedro Sula next week. I checked out the SAP board and did not see any recent posts. Can anyone report on the scene there? Is there a curfew in SAP? I haven't been there in about nine months. Used to see one of Omar's stars (Lesly) quite frequently. Is Omar still doing taxista? I wouldn't mind taking on some new talent, although Lesly was always fantastic. Great skills, very GFE, stayed the night, price was always right.

I will be in SAP all week so if anyone can offer up any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Generous Gent
07-13-09, 12:33
Curfew was lifted Sunday, but could be on again this week. All depends on how these proposed talks/negotiations are supposed to go....Banana republics; go figure.

Heading into San Pedro Sula next week. I checked out the SAP board and did not see any recent posts. Can anyone report on the scene there? Is there a curfew in SAP? I haven't been there in about nine months. I will be in SAP all week so if anyone can offer up any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Purple Porkchop
07-15-09, 04:29
Heading to SAP in August and want to thank everyone for their updates. Downtown combat zones are enough problems without having to deal with combat zones around the whole country

P Chop

Generous Gent
07-16-09, 12:12
Curfew back in effect last night, 12 midnight until 5am. About Midnight (mas o meno), a lot of shots fired in what appeared to be el centro but at night, no vehicles and complete silence.... this could have been anywhere.

But violence is expected; teachers still striking here and there across the country, and rumors of roadblocks and worse continue. Ex Presidente Mel has actually called for his supporters to raise hell.

Heading to SAP in August and want to thank everyone for their updates. Downtown combat zones are enough problems without having to deal with combat zones around the whole country P Chop

Chocha Monger
07-28-09, 00:50
generous gent:

what the hell is going on in honduras? i got a call saying that they're [CodeWord125] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord125) women, dragging people from cars and burning them 40 km from comayagua. also, heard that now the armed forces are divided and civil war may be imminent.

Generous Gent
07-28-09, 12:06
this is definitely news to me. fact of the matter is telesur (venezuelan news) is the agency reporting since the world has no creedence in honduran news providers. how on earth cnn or any other news accept chavez's propaganda is beyond me; i am at a total loss understanding this.

nothing has happened and if it appears to be, it is totally fabricated or theatrics. chavez and zelaya want the world to think all this unrest is going on and that "chavism" is necessary to restore the country.

it is rumored the military is sort of split, and only a rumor.... but what happens if the crook does return to power? people disappear, have strange accidents, or are killed for a cell phone.

the gringo population throughout the coutry are outraged and sending all sorts of messages, emails, snailmail, and calling their state representatives/senators/congressmen protesting what they do not know but prepare to vote on; some resolution which will financially cripple honduras economy. freaking ostriches they are, heads in sand. personally, they likely want another latin america conflict because the cia must be playing twiddy winks at taxpayers expense anyhow.

the alba nations however, don't enjoy this at all; same thing could happen in nicaragua, and unrest in other alba nations as well at the moment. but remember, about 90%+ of this country was in favor of removing the crook, although close to 50% didn't like the way it happened. this is not a country with impeachment, athough they have provisions for removing a tyrant and getting his duff out of town before he is lynched.

honduras should be given the proper credit for standing up and keeping their constitution in effect because this would have turned into another venezuela/cuba in the next four years.

generous gent:

what the hell is going on in honduras? i got a call saying that they're [CodeWord125] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord125) women, dragging people from cars and burning them 40 km from comayagua. also, heard that now the armed forces are divided and civil war may be imminent.

Riodulce
07-29-09, 01:17
It takes some digging and you have to weed out the truth from the BS but links to the best news sources are on twitter. Do a search for #Honduras.

GG is absolutely correct. Telsur and the Chavez / Zeleya people have been working overtime creating false information. For example, a video that was run on Telsur and picked up by the AP appears to be Honduran forces attacking protesters. An analysis of the video as shown on the Youtube link below shows that the whole thing was staged and never happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZJMTaupAOE. There are many reports of fabricated or staged activities but this one is fairly well documented.

All of us Expats are praying for Honduras and hoping that the US and the rest of the world figure out what is really going on and leave them alone.

FadeToJade
08-10-09, 04:27
damn the tor****es i'm coming down in the next few weeks. i hope my friend generous gent has not fled, haven't heard a report for awhile. hopefully chavez will be involved in his most recent bs with colombia and will ignore his buddy zelaya's aspirations for dictatorship in honduras. hope to see stan too although i know he may be in thailand. if you are there, please report. i will definitely report my trip.

Generous Gent
08-10-09, 11:57
nope, we're both still here. stan in a new house, trying to get back in order after ditching another novia, and me still with mine. not too much going on politically but some teachers still on strike. i have not see a lot of daytime activity in the zona viva lately; which is odd, although i went dancing with the girlfriend saturday night and the usual areas (passing in a car) were loaded with girls.

damn the tor****es i'm coming down in the next few weeks. i hope my friend generous gent has not fled, haven't heard a report for awhile. hopefully chavez will be involved in his most recent bs with colombia and will ignore his buddy zelaya's aspirations for dictatorship in honduras. hope to see stan too although i know he may be in thailand. if you are there, please report. i will definitely report my trip.

Generous Gent
08-16-09, 12:03
I went to San Pedro Sula yesterday (Friday) and picked up a couple friends who came back into town for the next coulple of weeks and found the airport incredibly busy. I mean, absolutely jam-packed. Not regional flights, but those out of the country. Actually, I was wondering if Tegucigalpa had been closed for one reason or another, but never did hear anything about this.

Lots of graffitti at every red light in el centro; all sides of buildings and cement walls were spraypainted with crap. Also heard there was going to be a rally/protest in San Pedro, but I was out of there before noon and it is unlikely they would use a Saturday for this anyhow. Mixed reports though, some protestors being paid 500 liems to participate while others upwards to 1500. Hell, they could get me to wear a red bandana across my face with a straw hat for 1500 liems a day!!!

Vandaddio
08-19-09, 17:02
I know you have some serious political problems there, but pages of politics on a pussy forum?

Has everyone stopped fukking?

I'm sure pussy is still selling there and for a bargain?

How much for a all nighter or a 2 hour banger?

Good luck to all

Generous Gent
08-20-09, 12:08
Yhis is the general info forum, and that is that. If you're looking for pricing, which is definitely available along with loads of information, why not RTFF.

I know you have some serious political problems there, but pages of politics on a pussy forum?

Has everyone stopped fukking?

I'm sure pussy is still selling there and for a bargain?

How much for a all nighter or a 2 hour banger?

Good luck to all

Member #4167
08-30-09, 13:42
found the airport incredibly busy. I mean, absolutely jam-packed. Not regional flights, but those out of the country.Thanks for the report from the front lines, GG.

Does this mean it is still not a good time to go to Hondo?

Generous Gent
08-31-09, 11:53
Still a good time....In fact, tourism is way down, and there are reportedly a lot of discounts going on. 2 x 1 in hotels, regional flights, etc. Mostly island bargains?

But money being tight for these fallen angels walking the streets... I'd say they likely can be negotiated for a smaller fee because the demand for sushi has gone down.

Thanks for the report from the front lines, GG.

Does this mean it is still not a good time to go to Hondo?

Member #4167
08-31-09, 20:38
Still a good time....In fact, tourism is way down, and there are reportedly a lot of discounts going on. 2 x 1 in hotels, regional flights, etc. Mostly island bargains?

But money being tight for these fallen angels walking the streets... I'd say they likely can be negotiated for a smaller fee because the demand for sushi has gone down.Thanks GG,

You are truly generous with answering all of our hondo-related mongering questions.

More question: is it as safe as it was before the political upheaval?

Generous Gent
09-01-09, 10:41
I have not heard of much happening except the usual drug killings, thefts, and same old crap that has been going on for years down here. Elections are in November, and political commericals/advertisments have started, and naturally this could change. Especially in November. But then again, likely not so much a problem for La Ceiba as it is the big city.

Friends (locals) are taking advantage of a Roatan special at Captain Morgan's, a half price special on all. There are no tourists (compliments of CNN) and the chicas are mucho hambre....

Thanks GG,

You are truly generous with answering all of our hondo-related mongering questions.

More question: is it as safe as it was before the political upheaval?

Member #4167
09-02-09, 00:01
the chicas are mucho hambre....I think I will have to feed them my leche.

Furysys
09-23-09, 20:57
Seems like the inmates have completely taken over the asylum down there....

Generous Gent
09-25-09, 12:54
They let us out the other day for a few hours. Most of us enjoy spending time with our novia, but under lockdown - gosh, it felt good to get out and find cold beer and other gringos.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses especially since the claims of using radiation and gases (jejeje) are being directed at the embassy. As if this ******* hasn't buffaloed the entire world enough already.

International flights resume; come join the party....

Seems like the inmates have completely taken over the asylum down there....

Avernus
11-21-09, 15:55
Travelling to the area in the coming weeks. Wanted to see how things were feeling in terms of political climate, and if there was any action available for a monger still?

Generous Gent
11-23-09, 10:53
Action can always be found in a poor country, although it has been slow due to poor tourism lately. It is a matter of survival. The elections are next week, and it will be interesting to see how this country reacts once the results are in.

Travelling to the area in the coming weeks. Wanted to see how things were feeling in terms of political climate, and if there was any action available for a monger still?

Gator5556
01-07-10, 01:45
Going on a cruise in March and I am going to have 8hrs to kill in Santo Tomas, Guatemala. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

FadeToJade
02-09-10, 04:29
Haven't been down to LC since Sept and just wondered if you are still alive. How is Stan? Missed him on the last trip out. I hope to be down in the next couple of months. Where are you guys hanging now? How is the action there? No posts re Honduras lately so I hope things are still good or better post election.

Generous Gent
02-09-10, 10:37
In a word....muerto. It has virtually been dead here lately, with the exception of am occasional new face. Times have been tough for these girls the last few months because of no tourism. We tried to alert a European he was with a very well known thief but he chose not to listen, and ended up about 1500 Euro's lighter. Who are you going to call/complain to in this country?

We're all in the same places, Stan included. New police chief has cracked down and set roadblocks/checkpoints all over hell and creation, which makes driving home difficult.

Haven't been down to LC since Sept and just wondered if you are still alive. How is Stan? Missed him on the last trip out. I hope to be down in the next couple of months. Where are you guys hanging now? How is the action there? No posts re Honduras lately so I hope things are still good or better post election.

FadeToJade
02-09-10, 21:21
GG,

Thanks for the update. Hope to see you guys soon.

Take care.

FadeToJade
02-12-10, 05:08
GG,

Can you give the name of the thief?

Just for future reference if I run across her I would like to avoid any robberies.

If you don't wish to do so I would understand.

Thanks.

Generous Gent
02-12-10, 08:47
Vanessa. mid 20's Morena. But rule of thumb is to always prepare before you bring one back to your room. No matter what hiding place you think is safe, they know the best hiding place too.

This one took a personal friend for a good sum of money and was strutting about in the same bar she picked him up in the night before. To her, like the majority of these chilipeppers, stealing from anyone (especially a gringo) is widely acceptable. But try stiffing her for her fee and watch what happens.

GG,

Can you give the name of the thief?

Just for future reference if I run across her I would like to avoid any robberies.

If you don't wish to do so I would understand.

Thanks.

FadeToJade
02-13-10, 02:58
Thanks, GG, I will watch out for her. Haven't yet run across anyone named Vanessa on my trips to La Ceiba.

Rumpus
12-04-10, 02:54
Encountered two lovely Honduran providers in Guatemala City a few months back. Slender/short, great tone and shape. Enjoyable enough that I have an urge to see seek out other Honduran chicas to compare.

Any advice on where to start for an outsider visiting for a few days? Tegucigalpa? One of the resort islands? Somewhere else?

(Modest Spanish speaking, medium-tone-skin, experienced monger)

thx for advice. Will post reports if I visit...

Generous Gent
12-09-10, 18:30
It's been a little slow lately in La Ceiba. Always some semi-pro girls that can be had, but the political scene last year really hurt tourism. It is still available; it's survival. But if you do decide to check it out, definitely keep an eye out for ladrones.

The chicas are natural born thieves and even those you think you know and trust still have to do something for Navidad. I went for a massage today and they got me for 500 liems. And I've been going there for years without a problem until recently. I had 2000 liems in 500's, and only one taken. A quick look at the pocket moneyand all appears fine, but even if I spotted it at the time I would be busy trying to get it back. And I gave her 400 liems for the one hour massage. Some happy ending, eh?

Anyhow, another joint wrote off my list but I will make a one final trip there and ask for the full monty and pay only for the hour.

SpecialOne8
03-19-11, 00:55
Anybody here have intel on Roatan? I'm headed back after more than five years. When last there, I only had one sighting of two FINE chicas, but my buddy and I were not "alone" at the time. From that point forward, we saw nothing.

Is there anything worth considering for mondering while on this beautiful island?

Anything?

Generous Gent
03-19-11, 13:12
Friends who live on the island tell me there is action there. Mostly Morenas, and whenever a cruise ship comes in they are lined up waiting for work. Prices vary, but when the cruise ship is there. Prices are high.

Anybody here have intel on Roatan? I'm headed back after more than five years. When last there, I only had one sighting of two FINE chicas, but my buddy and I were not "alone" at the time. From that point forward, we saw nothing.

Is there anything worth considering for mondering while on this beautiful island?

Anything?

Chesscat
03-19-11, 16:55
Esteemed Rumpus,

I haven't been to Honduras in many moons, but before Mitch I spend a good bit of time in SPS and Progreso. People say that Honduras in the last 10-15 years has become much more dangerous, and there is no organized, or well-organized, provider scene. But you remark about finding a hondureña in Guatamala that you liked, well, that is exactly what happened to me. I met a girl in Jocotenango and more or less followed her to SPS. In SPS, actually Progreso, I met another with whom I had a 2 year relationship, and still ranks as the best for me. And then years later in a seedy bar in CR, late at night, suddenly I locked eyes with a puta, who sent shivers up my spine. Turned out she was from Tegus. In short, one day I want to go back to SPS-Progreso and find another. The girls there are mighty fine, imo. Notwadays, and even back in the day, you had to meet girls in the street, in the store, the mall whatever. But they are looking for guys like us, I believe, times are tough. So I would say, in the first place, there are some mighty fine women in Honduras, secondly I think most are available, though you will have to find them in somewhat unconventional spots. The Word on Honduras, of course, it that it's dangerous. That I can't speak to, as I haven't been in a long time. But I'm with you in my enthusiasm for Hondureñas. Let me know how it goes.

SpecialOne8
03-20-11, 05:44
Friends who live on the island tell me there is action there. Mostly Morenas, and whenever a cruise ship comes in they are lined up waiting for work. Prices vary, but when the cruise ship is there. Prices are high.Thank you for the valuable intel. You mentioned Morenas. Is that in the Coxen Hole area? I will be on one of those tourist sucker-traps, better-known as a cruise ship. (Why so many mongers forget their big-head when sailing one of these ships is beyond me) Obviously, time is limited, so I don't want to look too obviously desperate to the locals, nor do I want to look under every rock to find something worth tagging. I plan to get a little diving in before muff diving, but as I already stated, time to play will be limited, as the ship sets-sail for Cozo at 5PM. By the time I've dumped my gear from the morning-dive, it will be at least 1PM. So you can see my dilema.

Any added advice would be DEEPLY appreciated.

SP8

Generous Gent
03-24-11, 00:24
I believe Coxen Hole is where the cruise ships dock, and there should be a line up of chicas waiting to make a little scratch. Now again, I understand the price goes up whenever there is a ship in port, but the nominal price is 500 liems, or about 25 bucks. It's doubtful you can negotiate lower than this as you're not the only guy coming off the boat looking for cocita.

I wouldn't go back to 'their' place if it was far away. I am not sure what is available as far as hourly rentals, but surely there must be something short term due to the demand. There are a couple bars there in that area, and again, as it is daytime, it is hit and miss except for the boat.

Just don't pay more than 500. At least this is what my friend in Coxen Hole pays nighly for his dark meat.

Thank you for the valuable intel. You mentioned Morenas. Is that in the Coxen Hole area? I will be on one of those tourist sucker-traps, better-known as a cruise ship. (Why so many mongers forget their big-head when sailing one of these ships is beyond me) Obviously, time is limited, so I don't want to look too obviously desperate to the locals, nor do I want to look under every rock to find something worth tagging. I plan to get a little diving in before muff diving, but as I already stated, time to play will be limited, as the ship sets-sail for Cozo at 5PM. By the time I've dumped my gear from the morning-dive, it will be at least 1PM. So you can see my dilema.

Any added advice would be DEEPLY appreciated.

SP8

SpecialOne8
03-27-11, 05:55
I believe Coxen Hole is where the cruise ships dock, and there should be a line up of chicas waiting to make a little scratch. Now again, I understand the price goes up whenever there is a ship in port, but the nominal price is 500 liems, or about 25 bucks. It's doubtful you can negotiate lower than this as you're not the only guy coming off the boat looking for cocita.

I wouldn't go back to 'their' place if it was far away. I am not sure what is available as far as hourly rentals, but surely there must be something short term due to the demand. There are a couple bars there in that area, and again, as it is daytime, it is hit and miss except for the boat.

Just don't pay more than 500. At least this is what my friend in Coxen Hole pays nighly for his dark meat.Thanks again for the invaluable intel. Without it, I would have been shooting in the dark, rather than something closer to shooting in "a barrel".

I shall report back upon my return in early April! If you are ever in Orlando and need like-minded intel, do not hesitate to look me up here or on USASG.

Artisttyp
11-13-13, 03:10
Can someone tell me if I will miss anything by going to one but not the other? I have a hunch that Roatan is the one to see or can I visit Utila from Roatan for the day?

Thanks

Chesscat
12-12-13, 00:46
When I was there a mere 20 years ago, Utila was the better bet. It was very small but fun, whereas Roatan was bigger and a little harder to get around. Utila is a more genuine experience.

Can someone tell me if I will miss anything by going to one but not the other? I have a hunch that Roatan is the one to see or can I visit Utila from Roatan for the day?

Thanks