PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to travel to Angeles City from Manila (NAIA) airport?

Hutsori
01-21-15, 11:03
Since this question is asked often in the Angeles City thread I decided a "sticky" will be useful. Aside from a few edits and hyperlinks I've shamelessly plagiarised WestCoast's post of 20 Jan, 2015 - http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1671241&viewfull=1#post1671241. Thanks, Westy.

There is no "best way" to make this journey. There are various methods (already discussed on the boards). The costs vary. Mostly your time-of-day arrival will effect your time spent in transport. Arrive 9 pm-6 am at NAIA, especially Mon-Fri, and you could conceivably be in your AC hotel 2-3 hours later (clear immigration & customs, then take ride directly to your hotel from NAIA). Arrive at NAIA at the busier time of day and it might be 5-6 hours until you reach your destination. Arriving on Sunday is smart as traffic is *much* lighter.

Options:

1. Hotel Transport. Have your AC hotel send a car / van just for you. Margarita Station also does so, http://www.margaritastation.com/NAIA.html. Prices quoted are p2600 to p3000. I prefer this method, even though more costly, as the driver / car is waiting for me, and is at my beck-and-call: literally, he stops if I need to weewee or eat (be nice, buy him a burger when you get some fast food for yourself), I control the radio (not him), and I can stretch out and sleep in the back seat (it's all mine).

2. Public Bus. Try the Radical Guy method: Taxi to Victory Liner bus terminal in Pasay (p100-200), then take one of the aircon buses (the Pasay-Dagupan bus route, departing every 30 minutes or so depending on number of passengers, p200?) to Dau, then take a trike (p100) to your hotel. This is a cheaper method, but will take longer (could be much longer as trying to get a taxi at NAIA has become difficult), and you are traveling with locals. This seems the 'po man's method. Google map of Victory Liner's depot, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Victory+Liner+Pasay+Terminal,+651+Avenida+Epifanio+de+LOS+Santos,+Pasay,+Metro+Manila,+Philippines/at14.538521,121.006542,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3397c946ea17b41f:0xcf3fb47ddbc7ed06.

3. Shuttle Bus. Taxi to Swagman Hotel in Manila (p150-200), then take the Fly-the-Bus that departs three times a day, p600, http://www.swaggy.com/fly-the-bus/. Google map of Swagman Hotel, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Swagman+Hotel/at14.57858,120.979041,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3397ca2f5f367175:0x79c21d3140d6a1a8. Swagman also offers private car and van transport from NAIA to Angeles. The Southern Cross Hotel, located around the corner from the Swagman on Del Pilar St in Manila, also operates a once-a-day shuttle bus to AC, http://www.southerncrossshuttle.com/#!about/c20r9.

4. Public Taxi Direct to AC. Arrive at NAIA, grab luggage, take elevator upstairs to the airport's departure area. There are many taxi's dropping off departing passengers. Hail one and ask if he wants to take you to AC. He will quote a very large amount, 4-5000 maybe. Counter with 2500. Bargain. You should be able to hit at about p3000. Even though you are only going one way, remember it has to be enough for him to go there and return to Manila, which could be a 5-hour (or more) round-trip for him; he is renting the taxi for a 12-hour shift and must return it in Manila. You might have to attempt this with many taxi drivers. If you are willing to do this, you should re-consider option #1 above (same cost). Keep in mind many taxis are old and poorly maintained. Choose wisely.

5. Private Driver. From time to time some ISG members have recommended private drivers, such as this http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1671509&viewfull=1#post1671509. Check the AC thread for their FRs or maybe they will (re)post their info here.

6. Rental Car. Expensive. Pointless to do so.

Hutsori
02-13-15, 07:58
An informative FR re taking the bus from Manila to AC, http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1681913&viewfull=1#post1681913.

Thanks, RG.

Hutsori
02-20-15, 09:42
Three FRs from 15 Feb 2015. Thanks to Mr. E, Pompetus and Free2 respectively.

Re Victory Liner (public): http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1682659&viewfull=1#post1682659

Re Fly the Bus (private) and taxi: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1682703&viewfull=1#post1682703

Re Fly the Bus (private) and using Five Star Bus (public): http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1682714&viewfull=1#post1682714

Map of Five Star Bus Company, Pasay, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Five+Star+Bus+Company/@14.5298,121.005,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3397c94eab00454d:0xc8a2d4d92108f815

GoodEnough
02-20-15, 09:58
I'm genuinely bewildered at the seemingly endless discussions about how to get to Angeles. Guys are spending thousands of dollars on airline tickets, hundreds more on hotel rooms, meals, bar fines and drinks, all for the purpose of having as much fun as possible. Given the size of the financial outlay why would anyone not just spend Php2,700 or so and arrange for a private car. Who cares about the savings of $25-30 within this context? I read with amazement the stories of guys taking jeepneys, trikes and cramped vans, thus sacrificing precious time and physical comfort, all for the sake of a few bucks. It makes zero sense to me.

GE.

Hutsori
02-20-15, 10:20
Who cares about the savings of $25-30 within this context?I think there is more than one context. Sure, someone who's flying in for a few days to two weeks would likely prefer to travel to AC as expeditiously and as comfortably as possible. But, there's also blokes who are on extended holidays of months or years or retired and are more budget minded.

Intent here was to post all the options in one easy-to-locate place so that we don't have to keep reading what's-the-best-way-to-AC posts in the AC thread.

Engine Driver
05-29-15, 11:17
I'm genuinely bewildered at the seemingly endless discussions about how to get to Angeles. Guys are spending thousands of dollars on airline tickets, hundreds more on hotel rooms, meals, bar fines and drinks, all for the purpose of having as much fun as possible. Given the size of the financial outlay why would anyone not just spend Php2,700 or so and arrange for a private car. Who cares about the savings of $25-30 within this context? I read with amazement the stories of guys taking jeepneys, trikes and cramped vans, thus sacrificing precious time and physical comfort, all for the sake of a few bucks. It makes zero sense to me.

GE.I fully agree with you. The best way to get to AC is by taxi. Either arrange for your AC Hotel to pick you up or you can book on line at Margherita Station and they will send a nice taxi to pick you up for PHP 2,800. You can even get a taxi at the Arrivals area upstairs and negotiate with the driver. He will charge around PHP 2,500.

Depending on the time of day, even in a taxi, it could you take you two hours just to clear Manila metro traffic before getting on the North Luzon Express Way to AC. This then makes it a 3-hour trip.

Sure you can save a few pesos by taking a taxi to the Victory Liner Terminal in Pasay City, then getting the bus to Dau and then getting the trike to your AC Hotel. But trust me, it's not worth the hassle. It will just add another hour to your trip, plus the waiting around at Pasay City for the bus to Dau.

Pantot
10-25-15, 03:32
GE.In my country (US) you would be considered a classic conservative republican. Heheh.

Why doesn't everyone have the same values as me? Why doesn't everyone take the safest fastest most antiseptic albeit most expensive route? Why do people not have an unlimited budget?

Well the Phils is a third world country and Angeles in particular is one of the worlds most famous budget sex monger destination. Just 10 years ago there were no 4 or 5 star hotels there and barely any 3 star. Even today probably well over 50% of the hotel rooms where foriegners stay are 1 and 2 star. They mostly don't post here and brag about it but AC is not Makati and few there are on an expense account.

For alot of us its an adventure and a game and we don't mind rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses from time to time. I'm there 3 to 4 times a year for 15 to 20 days at a time and I have taken every travel method imaginable.

1) AC hotel private car is not always an option for some of us who are winging it and not aways sure exactly when we might be going to AC depending on how things go with the other girls not in AC.

2) Swaggy bus takes you direct to your hotel, so if the times they Fly line up with your schedule and getting to or being near Ermita is in your plan you can save P2000 to 50 USD not bad, and may cost you a couple of hours.

3) The Taxi to Victory bus may seem like a ghastly inconvienence to you but for you, but for some of us like me on a 400 hour adventure to the Phils spending a couple of extra hours in an afternoon to save a that P2000 is at times worth it and part of the adventure.

Often a jeep can get you the same place or close enough in the same amount of time for 1/10th the cost of a trike in AC. We are talking about AC here right? There are no taxis to speak of in the monger areas have you been there? You pick up a girl at a bar and your hotel taxi waits outside? Not in the AC I know.

I for the past 5 years was a loyal Delta flyer to get the perks so I always had that early morning return flight home from Manila. My Phils adventures always ended up in AC so as to not give my province GF's the clap, so yeah I always milked the last few days like a (mostly sober) drunken sailor and stayed up all night that last blessed night and took the private car to the airport curled up in the back seat. The driver last August was able to find a Mercury drug somewhere along the route open at 5 am to get that Zithro that I eventually would need this time so it all worked out.

But yeah not all Mongers stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and some like to save a few pesos and don't mind public transport and enjoy the adventure of lifes unknowns.

SlutLuster
10-25-15, 03:48
I would think the best solution would be to fly into CRK instead of MNL. Clark Airport is right near the perimeter and I think many hotels would pick you up for free.

MS Clive
11-03-15, 15:48
I would think the best solution would be to fly into CRK instead of MNL. Clark Airport is right near the perimeter and I think many hotels would pick you up for free.2 reasons as far as I can tell:

1) Fewer flight options which can be more expensive too.

2) No visa on arrival for passport holders of some countries.

Tojo 5445
03-11-16, 05:04
I have my transportation setup through Margarita station and I have a question for you guys. Do you tip that driver? If so how much? I'm used to tipping almost everyone but don't want to ruin it for everyone else by tipping when I shouldn't or tipping too much. I figured if I had him stop for food I'd buy a meal and maybe a small tip. Let me know.

Hutsori
03-15-16, 08:15
I have my transportation setup through Margarita station and I have a question for you guys. Do you tip that driver? If so how much? I'm used to tipping almost everyone but don't want to ruin it for everyone else by tipping when I shouldn't or tipping too much. I figured if I had him stop for food I'd buy a meal and maybe a small tip. Let me know.I think 10 per cent of the fare, about p300, is enough plus buy him some food or drink if you stop.

Blanquiceleste
03-15-16, 12:37
I have my transportation setup through Margarita station and I have a question for you guys. Do you tip that driver? If so how much? I'm used to tipping almost everyone but don't want to ruin it for everyone else by tipping when I shouldn't or tipping too much. I figured if I had him stop for food I'd buy a meal and maybe a small tip. Let me know.Assuming you are travelling from NAIA to AC (given that you posted in this thread) the "current" damages are 2700 P-2800 P one way. I hand out 3 bills of 1000 and ask the driver to keep the change. I stop sometimes for a snack midway, but I have not offered to buy the driver any. And he does not seem to mind.

RoqueHard
10-20-16, 20:49
As usually when I arrive Manila I go up to Pangasinan and passing by Angeles I describe my usual route.

Option 1 (Cheap, no much husteling, but slow):

1. Grab Uber ride from NAIA to Victory Liner Passay or 5 Star Liner at EDSA. (If you're really on the cheap you can wait for the Airport Shuttle wich goes around Airport Terminal, Heritage Hotel, EDSA).

2. At the Victory or 5 Star bus Terminal grab the next bus going northern (Bolinao, Baguio, Dagupan, Vigan, Laoag), 90% of the buses take a stop in Angeles / DAU (DAU is the big Bus Terminal in Angeles) so just to make sure ask the conductor if that bus is going to Dau.

That tour is heavy dependent on the traffic in Manila because you need to pass manila mostly completely, and can range from 2 h to 6-8 h in high traffic.

Option 2 (Cheap and fast but a bit more husteling).

1. Grab an Uber ride or Airport Shuttle going to EDSA.

2. AT Edsa walk up the stairs to LRT1, buy a ticket to "Monumento" (around 30 php) and ride the train to Monumento (direction Roosevelt).

3. At Monumento go down the Stairs, cross the street and walk around Victory Mall or if you want you also can go through the Mall, the Victory Station is right behind.

4. Bord the next bus going Northern (Bolinao, Baguio, Dagupan, Vigan, Laoag), 90% of the buses take a stop in Angeles / DAU (DAU is the big Bus Terminal in Angeles) so just to make sure ask the conductor if that bus is going to Dau.

That bus tour to Angeles is about 1 - 1,5 hours in mostly any traffic situations because you're starting your bus ride in Caloocan and the Expressway is only 3-5 kilometers away and so you prevent manila traffic. Its a bit more husteling if you got lots of luggage because you need to go up and down the LRT stairs, but if you can carry all your stuff at once up the stairs its no problem. In my opinion it is the fastest way from NAIA leaving Manila in northern direction on daytime traffic. On daytime its like impossible to cross manila in taxi or uber in less than 1,5 to 2 hours.

Arriving in Angeles / DAU, you can directly check in at SOGO wich is directly besides the bus terminals cheap place to stay but for 1 or 2 night ok.

Greetz.

Roque.

Random99
10-21-16, 03:28

GE.LOL, I shop at SM supermarket (1 km away) to buy cheaper vegetables rather than the Robinsons Select (walking distance).

Amavida
10-27-16, 07:27
I would think the best solution would be to fly into CRK instead of MNL. Clark Airport is right near the perimeter and I think many hotels would pick you up for free.Of course it would which I live in Clark instead of Manila but airlines are steadily reducing service to CRK. Most international folks are forced to arrive via MNL. Work into your plans? Arrive Manila or Cebu, meet lots of girls, head to Angeles by hotel car from Manila or flight Cebu-Clark for 72 hours of quality time with the ladeez then back to your debarking city for a wrap up fling.

JamesJoymn
05-23-17, 09:51
I should have been incoming 4th year already. Sayang, I got delayed.

Brat4 - do you know Vanni Cristi?

Dg8787
05-23-17, 21:38
I should have been incoming 4th year already. Sayang, I got delayed.

Brat4 - do you know Vanni Cristi?For the quickest way is to use the transportation representatives as you exit the airport. They have a chart with the listed price to each destinations. They should have a set price for Angeles.

Shark5
06-10-17, 15:32
I think 10 per cent of the fare, about p300, is enough plus buy him some food or drink if you stop.This is about what I tip as well and I usually stop mid way and get some food. I have bought a meal for the driver as well. Just make sure you check the cab before booking it. One time I just jumped in and it was the junkiest cab I have ever seen. Rattled and made loud noises all the way to AC, plus the seats were crooked. Gave me a back ache.

NicolaNewman
07-21-17, 04:24
I'm from Angeles and It's easy and cheap to ride a taxi from NAIA airport to cubao 5 star terminal / Victory Liner terminal and ride a bus going to DAU then you can ride a jeep or tryke to Angeles.

BrainDrain
11-29-18, 02:49
The current best way is to arrive at NAIA Terminal 3. Go outside of arrivals area, turn right, go to far pillars. Look for the Genesis bus which departs on the hour every day. One way cost P350.

It's a point to point service meaning that it's less likely anyone will be unloading our luggage along the way. The day I caught the bus it stopped at a Genesis terminal maybe in Cubao. Was a CR stop and a refuel. Can buy snacks here from the vendors outside the front entrance.

If you don't arrive at T3 then use the internal airport shuttle to transfer to T3. If you are pushed for time then use a Grab or Taxi to go between terminals.

Has on board movies and WiFi. A/C too.

Arrives at the front of SM Clark. Can easily catch a trike from there or order a Grab.

Enjoy.

ThatGuy68
12-23-18, 03:07
I've read twice about a limosine service that picks you up with sexy ladies in the back. Seems it would make a fun 2 hour trip to AC. Anyone have the name?

Mua Tur
12-23-18, 04:45
The current best way is to arrive at NAIA Terminal 3. Go outside of arrivals area, turn right, go to far pillars. Look for the Genesis bus which departs on the hour every day. One way cost P350.
If you don't arrive at T3 then use the internal airport shuttle to transfer to T3. If you are pushed for time then use a Grab or Taxi to go between terminals.
Enjoy.In my experience it is hard to catch internal shuttle bus to transfer to T3, if some one don't have any connecting flight from T3 on that day. It's only possible if some one use some trick to avail. Unless must need to catch a taxi outside.

Engine Driver
12-23-18, 06:44
I've read twice about a limosine service that picks you up with sexy ladies in the back. Seems it would make a fun 2 hour trip to AC. Anyone have the name?You can get anything you want in AC as long as you are happy to pay. Just ring your hotel and tell them to send a car with two girls. They will not bat an eyelid. I'm sure they get crazier requests than that all the time.

Car will be 3,000 plus about 6,000 for two girls. Including tip, let's say 10,000 PHP. Or you could get the Victory Liner bus for 169 peso and have 9,831 PHP to spend on three girls (all night) partying in your room. You will even have enough left over for three bottles of local rum.

Goferring
12-23-18, 07:29
You can get anything you want in AC as long as you are happy to pay. Just ring your hotel and tell them to send a car with two girls. They will not bat an eyelid. I'm sure they get crazier requests than that all the time.

Car will be 3,000 plus about 6,000 for two girls. Including tip, let's say 10,000 PHP. Or you could get the Victory Liner bus for 169 peso and have 9,831 PHP to spend on three girls (all night) partying in your room. You will even have enough left over for three bottles of local rum.Why stop there?

ThatGuy68
12-23-18, 14:19
Why stop there?You had me hooked! Abc hotel only allows use of pad between 11 am to 4 pm. My flight arrives at 7:15 pm. Thanks for the tip though. Might of finally got my mile high club badge. Haha.

Thanks Engine Driver for the tip. I looked at that victory liner option but arriving so late I'd like to get to AC as quick as possible. I checked ABC hotel first so not sure the helicopter ride would of been reasonable but it sure would of helped with late arrival. Going to contact ABC hotel to see about ladies. I didn't realize it was like that. Here I was searching limosine services on internet trying to find one like Devils den in Thailand. I would of never guessed. As far as the rum, I would be sick as a dog and / or unable to perform with bottles of rum in the equation. I'm what you call a pussy when it comes to liquor. Beer I can handle all night though.

Appreciate both of your help. Makes me wish I would of thought about helicopter before booking flight. That would of been cool as shhh and quick.

Engine Driver
12-24-18, 07:37
Going to contact ABC hotel to see about ladies. I didn't realize it was like that. The ABC Hotel is very liberal minded when it comes to hookers. Looking at their marketing material will leave you in no doubt as to the type of clientele they are targeting (us whoar mongers). They actually employ hookers at the pool bar on the ground floor. These ladies work at the bar, and after their shift, they can entertain you in your room. I read on this forum there is intense competition to get one of these jobs at the pool bar as it's a sure way to get US / Australian / UK / Canadian permanent residency. The Aqua Bar on level 7 is full of freelancers after 10.00 pm.

I would think that when you ask them about the limo service, they will ask you whether two girls will be enough for you Sir.

Regarding the helicopter service, note that they use a Robinson R44 which has a nasty habit of falling out of the sky. In Australia and NZ they are primarily used for rounding sheep and cattle. The NZ government has banned their use as the crash statistics are unacceptable.

Goferring
12-24-18, 08:01
The ABC Hotel is very liberal minded when it comes to hookers.Now that's an understatement! 😁 it was actually rated the most Over the Top hotel in the world ages ago. I think it was by trip advisor or someone similar.

Goferring
12-24-18, 08:06
You had me hooked! Abc hotel only allows use of pad between 11 am to 4 pm. If you want to do the whole two week millionaire deal, the helipad is actually the roof of the Presidential Suite. If you want you can go straight from the mile high club and continue in your room totally uninterrupted.

That room has seen many mega parties. If only the walls could talk. 🤤.

Goferring
12-24-18, 08:25
Regarding the helicopter service, note that they use a Robinson R44 which has a nasty habit of falling out of the sky.I'm struggling to think of a better way to die. 🤔.

HornDog 3
12-24-18, 23:08
I'm struggling to think of a better way to die. 🤔.+++++1.

My thoughts exactly.

Dg8787
04-07-23, 04:41
Updated as many ask the same question every so often.

Genesis bus located at Bay 14, Terminal 3 arrivals. Repeat Terminal 3, Bay 14 at Arrivals is point to point Genesis Bus. Bay 14 is after Bay 13. Bays are numbered consecutive from 1 to 14. Coming out of Arrivals turn right. Follow the numbers to 14. Cross over to the median. There will be a Genesis Bus kiosk with the time schedule. At the kiosk there are seats for waiting. Restrooms are located across the kiosk behind the Filipino fast food/convince market place.

Genesis bus goes from Terminal 3 to SM Clark Mall and possibly onward to Clark Airport. Prior to stopping at SM Clark there will be a brief stop at the Dau Bus Station. This stop lasts less than 60 seconds. A few passengers will quickly get off and get their luggage from under the bus. Like I said this happens quickly.

Next stop is main entrance to SM Clark Mall. At late night there will be some trikes and maybe some Blue taxis lined up.

If the bus makes an unscheduled stop along the way it is because the driver has to take a piss. If you need to pee, quickly get off the bus and piss along side of him so he doesn't leave you behind.

Transporter
04-07-23, 04:53
You had me hooked! Abc hotel only allows use of pad between 11 am to 4 pm. My flight arrives at 7:15 pm. Thanks for the tip though. Might of finally got my mile high club badge. Haha.
Appreciate both of your help. Makes me wish I would of thought about helicopter before booking flight. That would of been cool as shhh and quick.The chopper only flies during the day (if the weather is good) and there is a limit to the weight. So if you have luggage, it will have to go via a separate car and arrive later. If I remember correctly it was 400 kg max weight including occupants (include the pilot also). If it is within the budget, I could highly recommend it once, as it was like 20min and bam in AC ready to go.

Goferring
04-07-23, 04:56
Genesis bus located at Bay 14, Terminal 3 arrivals. Repeat Terminal 3, Bay 14 at Arrivals is point to point Genesis Bus. Bay 14 is after Bay 13. Bays are numbered consecutive from 1 to 14.

Prior to stopping at SM Clark there will be a brief stop at the Dau Bus Station. This stop lasts less than 60 seconds. What Bay number?? 😉.

On a serious note, I didn't know about the Dau stopover. That makes it an easy trip to Subic too. 👍.

Cheers. G.

Dg8787
04-07-23, 05:39
What Bay number?? 😉.

On a serious note, I didn't know about the Dau stopover. That makes it an easy trip to Subic too. 👍.

Cheers. G.Bay 14 sir. That is a 1 and 4 together. Do not confuse Bay 1 and Bay 4. I repeat the bay number sir. Bay 14 sir. LOL.

The Dau stop is on the side of the main road before MacArthur Blvd. It does not pull into the Dau Bus Station / Terminal.

The last time when I departed from Manila airport to home, as usual I brought one of my star performers with me from AC to Manila for my last night and afternoon. Typically we would go together to T3 for my flight and I would board the girl on the Genesis bus back to SM Clark. This was her first time with me and first time at NAIA. Problem was she live in San Fernando and the last van from Dau to there left at 7 pm. She would have to trike from SM Clark to Dau to catch the van. She was unsure and nervous about the trike from SM to Dau, then I remembered the brief stop at Dau. This eased her mind and we had a great time in Manila. She got off at Dau and easily caught the van.