PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Letters to the Editor

Admin
01-01-05, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Hizark21
01-05-05, 01:41
Website intermittently stopping and starting..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that the site will stall and stop sometimes. This happens at least every 30 minutes. Why don't you let the rest of us members help you out.

Spaceman Spiff
01-06-05, 01:16
Jackson,

Could you delete my post #226 on WSG Forum > United States > South Carolina > Other Areas ?

It's too old for me to get an edit button, and apparently it's causing some problems for people I don't want to cause any problems.

Spaceman Spiff

Dickhead
01-07-05, 04:21
Thanks Jackson for providing such a great forum. I won't post any more as I don't feel I have anything new to offer. Next time I see you I will have an additional contribution to WSG charities. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

DH

Hizark21
01-07-05, 23:01
Jackson:

I really love the wsgforum, but I just wish you would fix the problems.

Thanks

hizark

Novize
01-08-05, 11:28
I really love this forum too, and I realize it´s getting better every week. New functions become available (editing personal profile, membership upgrade...), so it´s obvious that Jackson is working hard. In the meantime, the forum is (nearly) constantly available.

I think, Jackson is doing a great job!

Rome wasn´t built in a single day, and they didn´t have to work with software...

Novize

Jackson:

I really love the wsgforum, but I just wish you would fix the problems.

Thanks

hizark

Older Guy
01-10-05, 00:58
thank you jackson,

i would really like to thank you for this site. it is by far the best i've found for its purpose since i started using the internet (before www).

i enjoy reading and contributing the new posts but i enjoyed it with the old webserver. i've also noticed what appears to be a considerable decline in postings in the u.s. section. i don't know if this decline is due to the speed of the server reaction to selections or if it is due to the new format.

i've used hoverip v1.0 to ping and traceroute and it appears that sometimes the response time is in excess of three seconds. as i write this post, sample traceroute response times to www.wsgforum.com (67.15.113.40) are 2626ms, 2610ms, 3796ms, 2564ms. after reaching 67.15.113.40, i do not know where the actual forum pages are hosted but there seems to be an additional delay due to further routing or for the server to respond.

in addition, the search function does not appear to be functioning properly. in the las vegas current reports, i searched for the word "street" and got several responses with dates starting in june of 2002 but none in 2003, 2004, or 2005 except for cienaga32's posting of today at 10:03. i've also had no luck searching for sp names in the honolulu current reports. these functions worked when your old service provider hosted the forum, and as i write this post, my connection to 67.15.113.40 seems to be intermittent.

considering that i am doing this on a sunday when www traffic is supposed to be minimal (nfl wild playoff game on now), perhaps the current webserver provider might want to check on his routing and host server.

if i can provide any assistance in helping to improve www.wsgforum.com, please do not hesitate to contact me through the pm function.

respectfully,
older guy

Rock Dog
01-10-05, 15:36
Older Guy,

Don't complain about 3 seconds. I've written lots of posts that go up later the same day. Then it seems like there's times when my stuff doesn't get posted for almost a week.

For example, I made a recent post to the American Women forum on Friday last week and it still hasn't gone up yet. As I'm writing this it's Monday right now so we'll see how long this one takes. Weekdays seem to be a little bit faster. Anyways, I wouldn't be complaining about a few seconds.

Rock

Young & Restless
01-12-05, 20:13
Jackson,

Myself and some of the other guys in the Rio forum think it would be a good idea to have a "Rio de Janeiro - Restaurants and Bars" section in the Brazil section of the forum. It is a little off topic for the premise of this site, but so many people discuss it in the Rio forum anyway. Could you help us out with that?

muchas gracias señor!

Y & R

Mischief81
01-13-05, 20:21
Ok, I want to know exactly how you did it.

Somehow, some way, I have "developed" a ruptured disc in my cervical verterbae, and that ruptured disc is now pinching a nerve in my right shoulder.

Yes, I do play basketball. And yes, I have been known for snagging loose balls than no one thought I could either see or reach. But now, dammit, I have to go through six to eight weeks of physical therapy, with one of the most masochistic little shits that outfit has to offer. Thank GOD the drugs are good, and thank GOD that the little masochist is cute (and therefore, seducible).

Gee, Jackson. Old buddy. Thanks! :D

Domino
01-16-05, 14:51
Dear Jackson

I see you are still battling with the millions of problems your desire to be all embracing gives rise to. May I suggest you tailor your objectives somewhat by getting rid of all photo sections. This would give a higher information to noise ratio. I can appreciate that many users and long term members like to look at the photos some guys post but those photos supply little or no information.
Only one photo posted ever attracted me: one that Purple n Gold posted of a big breasted babe in Phuket. I phoned her up but did not fuck her. I have never followed up any other babe. I am now suggesting that Freeler fuck Moon. (Freeler if you read this, I fucked her again and she is awesome, a true champion).
Jackson, if you are ever to get on top of these demons, you must trim your sails. I vote that all photos go or that you put up a best 50 every year or so. They are a waste of bandwidth and of everyone's time.

I also propose you delegate some of the work to your BA friends.

I have recently met Freeler here in Pattaya and again we marveled at your input of time and money. These suggestuions are given in that light. And, as you may know, Freeler's are almost the only posts I have used to score Thai pussy.
Also, as regars pussy and finding it: Pattaya is awash with photos and all pretty babers look the same. Ceertainly when you turn them upsidedown, they all look the same. No need for photos. Just the facts, Jack. And less problems all round.
Regards and respect from Pussy land

John T Domino
(lets hope it posts)

Young & Restless
01-16-05, 19:32
Jackson,

I think Domino has a good idea with limiting the photos that are displayed on the WSG. What if you did something like have a “Top 10” of any given country that would remain ongoing? There are so many photos posted in the photo galleries that are a waste of bandwidth. Once a top 10 has been established, the photos fall off as better ones are submitted. That would free up alot of space and improve the quality of photos that are displayed.

The bad thing is that it would require extra moderation, but like Domino said you have friends in Argentina that I’m sure would be more than obliged to accept that responsibility (as a matter of fact, there are probably tons of people who wouldn’t mind doing that task).

We all know that you are the mastermind behind this operation and that you are working hard to alleviate these problems. Thanks again for making this FREE site available to all of us.

Best of luck,

Y & R

Nashville Dud
01-28-05, 00:25
I've been missing WSG over the last few days. Jonesing even. Glad it's back up. Thanks for the work, Jackson

Randy Farang
01-29-05, 04:10
Jackson,

Sorry to see that the system is giving you problems. As usual, you are obviously busting your ass to get the problems resolved. Is there anything we can do to help?

Randy

Kali Banc
01-30-05, 00:49
Jackson,

Obviously you maintain this site for free and just as obviously you can do as you see fit but my advice is that in future if you are tempted to 'upgrade' the site for other than necessary space-saving purposes you should resist the temptation.

In my opinion, the format change of last year added *not a whit* of functional value and, it seems, any attempt to upgrade it causes such delay and consequent loss of reader interest as to actually downgrade the informational value of the site for a considerable period.

Member #2001
01-31-05, 00:55
I have noticed that I have not been able to connect the last several weeks. When I am able to connect, like today, I noticed that its has been extreamly slow and sometimes the webpage does not respond. When this happens I get a time out error message. Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong or if it is a server problem or a problem with the software or how I can this problem be fixed in the future

sincerly, Member #2001

PS. Please contact me at my email address or send a private message to me
thanks

Rock Dog
02-01-05, 07:45
Back online after what seems like an eternity!

If there is such a thing as WSG withdrawal syndrome, I'm sure I have experienced it.

One good thing though, now that the site is up and running, I can get hooked all over again!

Rock

Gladiator
02-01-05, 08:10
Jackson,

Thanks for sorting out the problem, whatever it was, and bringing up online the number one site on the net!

It’s hard to live without the WSG, it makes the planning of hunting operations a true nightmare, without regular updates on many countries around the world. It’s like living in darkness.

I agree that photos are of secondary importance, so if their removal could contribute in any way to avoid problems, get rid of them.

Rock Dog
02-04-05, 04:26
Finally, I'm able to log in for more than 10 seconds. This is only the second time in almost a month. If it's because we need a faster server, just charge a small membership fee. I'd be happy to contribute. Anything would be better than only being able to log in twice a month.

Man, this site is so broken!

Rock

Rock Dog
02-04-05, 15:35
Gladiator, WTF are you talking about? I tried to post something just yesterday after being able to log on for only the second time in 3 weeks. Guess what? It still fucked up..... and I could not get back for the rest of the night.

If this site needs a better server then get one and pay for it by charging some kind of membership fee. I would happily pay. otherwise this site will always be so broken.

Rock

Chick Luver
02-05-05, 07:27
Nice to see this Forum coming up again out of dark clouds, as it seemed. There are a lot of rumours about this Forum. No matter what people or other competitors say about this Forum, they cannot match the quality standards set up by Jackson. Pls accept my heartiest best wishes for this Forum without which we were feeling helpless and handicapped. Thanks Jackson for bringing it up again for us.

Daddy Lows
02-05-05, 18:45
Jackson,

Wow. I have to admit. I'm a WSG addict and for three weeks, I've been a nervous wreck! Thanks for a great web site.

Peace

Rolly Polly
02-06-05, 03:12
Jackson,

Could you let us know the story? The site is obviously having problems and they aren't getting fixed all that fast.

Rumor has it there may be legal problems?

If you get a chance, respond to my email as well.

Rolly "King of the World" Polly

Carlos Primeros
02-07-05, 00:22
Hi Jackson - it is good that WSG is back. You had been obviously struggeling. Is there anything we can do to help? You are paying for all the costs of the forum, can we contribute in order to assist you covering the expenses?

We all apreciate your work and dedication. #

Sincerely

Carlos Primeros

Vargr
02-07-05, 03:01
I too would like to help if there is any way to do so. The fact that the site is doing so well during the Super Bowl has to mean something...

Spaceman Spiff
02-07-05, 04:52
Jackson,
I very much hope that you are well, and have not gone the way of Atta! Some comment from you on the recent state of the forum would be verry much appreciated, especially since, I don't know if "hijacked" is the right word, but someone has posted a link to an alternate forum on the main page at *************.org, which I thought was your baliwick.

Access to the regular forum lately seems very hit or miss as though nobody is babysitting the server during high loads..

If a contribution will help, I am willing to make one.

Spaceman Spiff

Rolly Polly
02-07-05, 13:48
Jackson,
...I don't know if "hijacked" is the right word, but someone has posted a link to an alternate forum on the main page at *************.org, which I thought was your baliwick....Spaceman Spiff

Spiff,

If I understand it correctly, www.*************.org is not owned by Jacskon. That site is owned by the guy who runs the other site, at least that's what he claims.

It's kind of hard to figure these things out since "the banker" is very open and Jackson is very tight lipped about who owns what and who runs what.

Domino
02-07-05, 14:55
Long Answer : TOS is the original site Attica had. One of Jackson's earlier reforms was to change the name of the site. He has also done some small deal with advertizers who are on the front page but not on the main portal people enter through.
Jackson is obviously busting his balls with the many demons inherent in trying to have a web site covering every little California shit hole, as well as putting up photos of every Third World skank who catches the camera eye of any passing customer. He is also running a mini sex empire in Latin America. As all this bs costs him a fortune, he is forced to be in the USA for extended periods to earn some money so he can indulge us all.
He is obviously devoting tons of time and money to sorting out whatever is wrong with hi new configuration. He is also posting regular posts and doing other housekeeping to keep posters sweet. If it was humanly possible for him to do more, he would probably be doing it. He doesn't need more complaints just now.

Short Answer : Give Jackson room to breathe.

Lorenzo
02-08-05, 18:31
I am delighted beyond words to see that the forum is back. I just hope this access lasts. As other posts have noted, forum users are being directed to another website that is vastly inferior to this one. There are rumors on that website, all of which are preposterous, as to why this forum has been unavailable. As for this monger, I will do anything I can to help this forum survive, including paying for a subscription if necessary. Jackson is the greatest humanitarian since Albert Schweitzer.

Lorenzo

Domino
02-09-05, 05:20
Rolly Polly: I went into that other site where I recognized many names from this site and now I understand some way the confusion over demarcation lines. I am not sure The Banker is being totally honest or frank. Until he gets a large number of hard core information providers switching to him, Jackson will continue to have the edge. If he charges, the information providers will not supply him with content they have to pay to provide.

Tofu said it best: adverse publicity for site like this is old news and Anarchist Atta reveled in it. Jackson also got other heat, most notably from our Arab and Islamic friends over Belguel. Most likely, he is settling down in Argentina, getting married and getting tied up with all that involves. Pulling the site would be his easiest option but he obviously has plans for it at the moment. You know what they say: if you want a job done, get a busy man to do it. And as Jackson will now be busier than ever, we can probably expect bigger things from him in the future.

As regards his email: Mailblocks was sold to AOL so that could be a factor.

Rolly Polly
02-09-05, 16:24
Domino,

You are right that The Banker's site is far inferior to Jackson's, but to The Banker's credit, he is involved and doesn't mind if we ask questions, as stupid as they may be.

I think all anyone wants is a word from Jackson on the current status and the prognosis for the future. When he changed formats he put a note on the front page with the reasons, so why is this different? Is he not getting the same emails and PM's? Unlikely.

Trust me, those of us that have checked out The Banker's site are not comfortable there...the organization is not the only thing inferior there, the mongers are also!

Fuzz Nutts II
02-10-05, 07:48
We will wait Jackson. God knows this site is worth it!

Joe Zop
02-10-05, 08:31
Well said, Domino. Patience, all - given the overall history of the forum, surely a few minor glitches are no cause for real alarm. A couple of weeks of issues is no big deal in the big scheme of things.

Bravo Jackson for your continued efforts -- as always, please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you.

DropFrame
02-10-05, 08:44
All you fellow mongers who are offering help to Jackson have an easy way to assist. The ONLY thing Jackson has ever mentioned that he needs is donations to the charity.

http://www.wsgcharities.com/

Please make your tax-deductable donations

via Visa or MasterCard through PayPal

Or by sending a check made payable to:

WSG Charities, Inc.
Post Office Box 899
Dover, Delaware 19901

Thank You!

So lets make so many donations that Jackson and friends will have to sit up and take notice!!!

Novize
02-10-05, 15:25
Trust me, those of us that have checked out The Banker's site are not comfortable there...the organization is not the only thing inferior there, the mongers are also!Some objections:

I tried the other Forum before I applied here and I feel much more comfortable here than at The Banker´s site.

And besides the fact that I´m really impressed by your ability to judge over more than 100.000 members of this Forum with not even one sentence (I´m sure you´ve read all the postings published in this Forum) I have to tell you that many mongers are registered members at both sites. How can one be inferior to himself?

I think, the picture you draw is worse than the real situation.

Rock Dog
02-11-05, 07:14
Able to login once in three days. By my estimate, at least 9 out of 10 login attempts result in that damned "server is too busy" message.

What gives, and how long is it going to go on like this?

Rock

JP2U
02-11-05, 10:24
Every thread I check into takes me to the earliest posts (sometimes years back).

In the Control Panel, my options are checked for newest first, but its still showing me the oldest first. This wasnt happening a few weeks back.

Rolly Polly
02-11-05, 16:10
Not sure what's going on, but something ain't right...this is a strategically placed test post.

Spaceman Spiff
02-11-05, 19:28
I reset my settings to 'oldest first' instead of 'newest first', figuring something got set backwards somewhere. That sorta works. It takes you to the last post on the last page, but it still keeps them with oldest post on bottom of page rather than on top. It's an improvement, but it's still not right.

As for 'server busy', I had really good luck last night, not so good today. I have a feeling there's only a limited number of times someone's going to try to post something before giving up. The situation is not encouraging..

Roaming Rob
02-12-05, 13:31
I have to admit that the comment about 9 out of 10 times you will not get thru is a dead on the money statement. I have not made many posts in the last 5 or 6 months. Mainly because I have been going to Bangkok and Pattaya almost monthly and I really did not have anything I could contribute that hasn't already been said. But I do feel I could contribute more then being a mere lurker if I could into this site. Jackson I and many others stand by waiting for a little blurb on what the "State of the Union" is with the WSG. I also do not mind contributing to the health of the WSG if that is what it will take to get this fine institution back up and running smoothly again.

Thanks for the efforts you do put in!
Rob

MeatMan
02-13-05, 20:48
Quite simply sucks. It take 6-8 months just to get your post published! I was there years ago glad I never went back!.

Rush 2112
02-14-05, 00:20
Quite simply sucks. It take 6-8 months just to get your post published! I was there years ago glad I never went back!.

I've been on that one for 4 days. I have 7 posts on the board. I never had to wait a day or so for my post to be reviewed to make sure I capitalized proper names, used correct punctuation, and spelling.

I was not made a "Viewing Member", nor did I have request and wait forever to be upgraded to regular status so I could post my findings.

Jackson, take note.

K.J. Baltimonger

Spaceman Spiff
02-14-05, 05:56
I've been checking alt.sex.prostitution on USENET off and on. Today someone has posted a URL to a vbulletin support forum where Jackson is trying to get some answers. It appears that lately he can't even log in as administratror, and that he's not the only one having problems with the new version of vbulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128717

Spiff

Domino
02-14-05, 12:49
Baltmonger: Your JFK post gave me a good laugh here in Mindano, R of Philippines, where, with lusty eyes, I watch the refugees flee from the fighting and I hope the bigger bosomed among them will come my way. (For those of you interested, Pinays have better racks but worse bjs. I had one lady telling me her fantasy was to watch JT Domino jerk himself off to completion. Best scam line I have heard this trip) This place is the ass end of the world. I have armies of beggars pimping lactating mothers to me, lepers lying in the streets, Internet shops jam full of lovely ladies being asked by perverts to show their breasts to them. And I have the wsg.

By far, the most interesting thing in this site is the site itself. Valiant Jackson warding off the dickheads and battling the programming errors. And all for what? So those of us in the ass end of the world can ask Harry R if the ladies he fucks are transvestites.

Jackson has obviously tried to move mountains, to make this site better. There is no doubt that this site and all others could be better. But both Viagra and pussy fucking will go out of fashion before a site superior to this one gets going. Unless The Banker or others taps more sources, maybe tell us about all those easy to get to free orgies none of us can see right under our noses, Jackson will remain as #1.

Rolly Polly
02-14-05, 13:59

MeatMan,

You're only saying this because you are already a member here. I know that people have been waiting weeks if not months for Jackson to upgrade them form viewing to regular membership status.

Now, it is true that the site sucks, but it's an organizational issue. The Banker claims he is going to comply with recent requeststo organize by country/state/city, but I don't plan on holding my breathe waiting.

I agree with everyone else that Jackson should just give us a little blurb. The busiest man in the world can find 5 minutes to write a paragraph or two.

Domino, could you, one more time, explain to me how a non-accessable site can remain #1 in the long run? Remember, talk slowly and clearly because I only have an IQ of 46 or so, and there may be a decimal in between or in front of those numbers.

Sailing
02-14-05, 16:29
I am so relieved that you are continually keeping this site going. I too was going through some major withdrawals these past couple of months. I too was getting messages that kept me off by telling me that the server was busy and to try back later. I was gettting a bit paranoid in that I was beginning to think the ominous regulators of "public morals" or some such nonsense was putting a wrench in the works.

If keeping a few pictures off the board will facilitate smoother and quicker operation, then please cut away. I think there are many more people who really use this board as a way to communicate with others in country that pictures are not really that important.

Once again THANK YOU.

Sailing

Joe Zop
02-14-05, 17:48
Any site or organization can have troubles or glitches during a software upgrade. It's far from an abnormal scenario, and it's also far from abnormal to have people believe the sky is falling when it happens.

On the one hand Jackson has had people badgering him to add this option or that option, or reorganize things is such and such a way (in quite rude terms, at times) and on the other hand he has people screaming at him not to change a thing, it's perfect. What a wonderful situation to be in -- and when he spends a ton of time working on an upgrade, all there are is impatient howls because this or that doesn't work like it used to. When he makes a comment he gets bombarded with a bushel of new questions or comments and complaints when he doesn't answer them, when he doesn't comment people have him as disappearing, in the midst of legal woes, turned into a turnip, and god knows what else. (This is all very reminiscent of when things moved to vBulletin in the first place -- all the howls over the need to register, the change in look and feel, and on and on.)

The site seems to me to be becoming slowly more available, as I can certainly get on and post easier than a week ago. I have been able to check for new posts over the past while, and there are many appearing, so members are obviously making it to the site and using it. There is clearly change going on, there are posts appearing from Regular Members, so Jackson is quite obviously at work, as he always is, in the background. There are aspects of the change I can already see I will like, such as opening photos in-frame as opposed to opening new windows. This version seems more compatible with the variety of browsers and settings I use. I like the new customization options available in the User CP and appreciate the power they give me (even if I might argue with some of the defaults) and can see how they will make my life easier once all is working nicely.

Given the great history of this forum and the large amount of both useful information and active members it has, surely some degree of patience is called for before branding it as non-accessable and writing funerary oratories. I expect that if you took all the distress users have about not being able to get on, post, do what they want, etc. and put it in a big pile, it would still pale in size compared to Jackson's sense of frustration over pouring long hours into the site and not being able to get things working right as quickly as desired.

MeatMan
02-14-05, 20:25
MeatMan,

You're only saying this because you are already a member here.

No I'm not. I was a member there 4-5 years ago. I went under another alias name. It took 6-8 months for my post to get posted.....Period.

Rubber Nursey
02-14-05, 23:02
like everyone else here, i've been suffering major wsg withdrawals these past few months. and like many of the regulars here, i had a quick peek at the 'other forum' in the hope of feeding my habit until the wsg returned.

jackson, you can rest easy in the knowledge that the other site cannot be compared, in even the smallest way, to the wsg forum. (any international forum that lists australia as one country rather than separating it into individual states, automatically gets my back up anyway). the format is sloppy, it's impossible to find anything of interest without sifting through endless posts with obscure titles of no relevance whatsoever to what they're actually written about, and most importantly, that forum has absolutely no standards with regard to content, language, legibility and/or general respect for others. the terminology used to describe working girls is downright disgusting and mongers speak to each other like drunken louts in a bar. (which explains why many of the wsg's more notorious, obnoxious shit-stirrers seem to have migrated over there - let's just hope they stay there!) the whole 'tone' of the site is just plain seedy.

people have praised the banker for responding to everyone's queries promptly and kindly 'allowing' people to discuss the wsg issues on his site. call me a cynic, but did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, he's just kissing your asses so that you'll abandon the wsg and set up camp over there for good???

i, for one, won't be defecting. this forum has more information, camaraderie and infinitely more class than that other forum can ever hope to have. many of us have been coming to this site for years and a couple of months of technical glitches are not going to have a significant impact on that kind of loyalty. i'm happy to wait for jackson to fix the problems he's having. (just do it fast, jackson, or i may have to take up drinking or sport or...god forbid...knitting, to fill the void!!! :) )

Domino
02-15-05, 17:19
Jsckson: I am in a non porno zone and a pop up appearted from your site advertizing porno/skank services or whatever. As this has never happened before - I was not in any other adult area - I wonder if you could get comments as it sounds odd with your current problems

Rolly Polly and Baltimonger:
1. The Jackson007 link Baltimonger provided shows Jackson is breaking his balls to keep this site going. It is obvious Jackson spent a lot of time writing up that info request. It is also obvious 99% of us would throw our hands up at all the hassles involved in trying to out Jackson Jackson.
2. The Banker is the second entrant and has therefore a tactical advantage. However, to be better than Jackson, he must provide a better service. If he can do that, he is a great man with lots of resources.
3. As those of us who like this site have not seen a better site, it is unlikely the Banker will succeed. For him, for example, to get the scope on the darlings of Davao he will have to copy and paste the field report of

Field Marshall John T Domino

La Isla
02-16-05, 02:15
1. Get rid of your ISP...... use Liquidweb. They WILL solve problems with their servers and are familiar with Jelsofts products (and problems). They will ugrade PHP and all kernels to where you need them. They have 24 hour PHONE support and a great technical staff.

2. If you must, revert back to the old version even it it means losing a few hundred or even a thousand posts. (You did back it up along with the MySQL database?)

Its better than people losing interest. These problems will not go away.
Been there, done that :)

Just my 2cents.

Good luck

Run Mann
02-16-05, 14:59
Check out this amateur post on the V Bulletin Community Forum server where Jackson has posted his problems with his server.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128717
, 3:39am
willis
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2005

Jackson007,

I have a few suggestions;

1. I would save your site posts.

2. Re-install the prev. version of the software.

3. Re-configure the server to the same settings before upgrade.

4. Get your fourm back on line.

5. Wait for a stable version upgrade, as this certainly is not.

6. I would inform your members as to what issues you are having, so they are not lost as members to competing sites.

Willis Fleet

Rush 2112
02-16-05, 23:58
it is apparent to all that wsg is under attack from sources unknown in an effort to drive it away. all we have asked is some kind of blurb from el jefe about it. he doesn't have to be specific about the dirty work he is undertaking in getting the problems solved. it could be along the lines of:"dear wsg forum members, this site has been under attack from outside sources which have caused the forum to experience major technical difficulties over the past month. please bear with me, as i am doing everything within my power to get these problems resolved." a statement such as this, however brief and non-specific, would go a long way to ensuring that the wsg forum membership will stay loyal to this site.

as far as "defecting" as it has been stated in this thread: i haven't defected, nor do i intend to. there is no rule that says that you cannot be a member of this site and others like it as well. i kept my username from this site, so that you'll know exactly who you are talking to over there. i have asked, and have been granted, by that other site's administrator not to allow the names trashman or seniorcitizen to be registered. this was done in respect to those 2 members from this site who have passed away in the last year.there are things i do not like about that other site which will keep me posting most of my exploits here, especially if things don't change over there. there are also things i don't like about this site as well. the "viewing member" thing is a personal pet peeve of mine. this is a voluntary thing jackson has done that will send potential new and enthusiastic posters to that other site. just read some of the stuff being posted over there by "viewing members" from this site still waiting for an upgrade long after they requested an upgrade. i shouldn't have sw's asking me to put in a good word for their other clients for them to get an upgrade.

thanks,
k.j. baltimonger

Adventurous1
02-17-05, 02:01
so here is the actual post from jackson (assuming it is really him) for the many board mongers who i am sure are wondering just like me, what the h*** happened.... on the this board's status. i would assume that he has made some progress since things seem to be working very well today.

forum slowdowns and intermittent failures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greetings everyone,

i have a medium size forum (20,000 unique visitors per day / 112,000 members / 320,000 posts) on a dedicated dual xeon / 2 gig server. the forum has been in existence and functioning for approximately four years, and generally has between 200 to 300 persons online at any one time, although it did spike up to 400 persons on one day a few months ago.

approximately 6 months ago i upgraded to vb 3.0, and that’s when the problems began, although i do not know it it as related to the upgrade or simply coincidental. for the past several months and with more frequency the past two weeks, my server has been functioning erratically, generally ceasing to respond to http several times a day, for periods of several minutes to over an hour each.

at the outset of this problem, i subscribed to a website monitoring service (www.websitepulse.com) that probes my forum index page every three minutes and records the response time. the service provides me with a number of different uptime graphs, so i am able to review my forum’s uptime stats in some detail.

in the first few days of this problem, i could observe a consistent pattern wherein the forum would be up for a few minutes with acceptable response times, then the response time would sharply increase over just a few minutes, then the server would shut down from too many connections, then after a few minutes http service would restart, only to repeat the same cycle.

in the second phase, i would use the admincp to temporarily shut the forum down. obviously, this would reduce the response time to just a few milliseconds. however, whenever i would turn the forum back on, within a matter of 3 to 5 minutes, the response times would increase and http would shutdown again.

sometimes my website is so busy that i can’t even login to the admincp or even phpmyadmin, and thus i am compelled to ftp in and replace the forum’s index page with a blank page until the traffic calms down.

after receiving a “session table is full” error message once while trying to log into the admincp, i searched the vb forum and discovered that modifications to the footer template could possibly stop the cron job (cron.php) from running on a regular basis, said cron job task was to clean up the sessions table. i checked my slightly revised footer template, and yes the cron image was still there. nevertheless, i restored the original footer template. the problems continued.

my server management consultant (who is active on the vb forum but who shall remain un-named here) (no, it’s not eva) advised me that perhaps the problem with my server experiencing too many connections could be the result of a large number of emails being generated by the forum. so i used phpmyadmin to empty the subscribeforum and subscribethread tables. i also turned off the search function, who’s on line, the calender, forum jump, and several other features that might have added to the server’s load. after a few days of observation, there was no change and the server problems continued.

at this point i decided to use the admincp to limit the forum to 600 sessions. essentially, this resulted in a permanent “the server is too busy” message.

i also began reviewing the forum’s database via phmyadmin. the session table typically had 604 open sessions. if i emptied the sessions table, the forum would immediately be open to visitors. however, the sessions table would fill to the limit of 600 session with a matter of perhaps 5 minutes, thus effectively shutting down the forum by shutting out my visitors.

i considered that perhaps my forum had suddenly become wildly successful. however, the visitor stats have been relatively consistent, growing gradually over the past three years to the current level. in other words, new member registrations, visitor traffic, number of daily posts, etc. have increased at a modest rate until the problems began months ago, then now of course all of these numbers have been falling. for example, six months ago i had approximately 700 new posts per day, and now at this point the number is less than 300 new posts per day, presumably due to the website’s constant downtime.

i have consulted with a number of people regarding this problem.

my server host (ev1) has investigated the situation and has declared that my server is in perfect working order.

my server management consultant (who readily acknowledges that he has no experience with vb and that security issues are not his forte) has declared that my server is the target of a dos attack. however, he made this statement without reviewing the server logs, which i am unable to convince him to review. i reviewed them myself, and although i am not experienced in reading server logs, i was not able to identify any unusually high traffic from any specific ip address. i know that there’s more to reading a server log that that, but that’s the limit of my expertise. ever tried to find a consultant to review your server logs and render an opinion? i couldn’t find one.

my server management consultant has made some modifications, including installing a php accelerator, reducing open connection time outs to 15 seconds, moving the mysql database to the 2nd hard drive, etc.

so here i am, with a formally robust forum effectively brought to it’s knees, and no consensus from any of the various tech support personnel that are involved, so i’m putting this on the table in the hope that i might get a response from someone with some experience in this field. generally, my questions are as follows:

1. is my server’s hardware sufficient? if not, then why was it sufficient for the previous two years, and what other hardware improvements could i make to what is essentially ev1's top performing server? do i need to upgrade from 2 gig to 4gig ram? is load balancing the answer?

2. is vb functioning properly? where else in vb should i be looking for potential problems? what modifications should i consider making? should i re-install vb?

3. has my forum suddenly become popular? am i the victim of my own success? is the problem simply that i’ve got too many legitimate visitors? if so, then what is the solution?

4. are these the symptoms of a dos attack? if so, then why is it only the forum and not the server itself? is my forum being scraped? how can i positively identify that this is the problem? what can i do to stop it?

i’d sincerely appreciate any ideas that anyone may wish to make, because at this point i’m watching my forum die as my hard-earned traffic disappears.

finally, i've attached a chart of the graphical report from websitepulse depicting my forum's response time from yesterday. it's a disaster to see, but it does fairly represent a typical day in the life of my forum.

thanks,

jackson007

ps: i’ve posted below some of the server stats that the vb guys like to review, but i suspect that the problem is more than tweeking my config files. still, the stats might provide insight to someone who understands them better that i.

i didn't include a copy of my apache config file because i didn't know where to find it on my server, so if anybody wants to tell me the file path and file name, i'll be pleased to post the contents of the config file here.

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-05, 05:50
I'd like to thank Jackson for all the thankless work he puts into the WSG. Software upgrades can be a *****, and I know he'll get things back to normal as soon as he can. Like everyone else here, he has a normal job, and has some sort of life outside the WSG. At least the site is working occassionally, and as long as you have some patience, you can read and leave posts.

Randy Farang
02-17-05, 14:56
Gentlemen

Please believe me, Jackson is well aware of the problems we are experiencing with the board these days and is doing everything in his power to resolve the problem.

It appears that we are either experiencing a dinial of service attack, although the indications are not really clear on this, or are seeing the same problems that beset many other boards using the same software. The latter seems to be the most likely, and is probably the result of bugs within the software code itself. I am not an expert, nor even very knowledgeable in this area, but I do know that Jackson has brought in expert consultants who are working with him to find solutions.

We all need to remember that Jackson runs the BEST board on the planet for our convenience. He does all the work. He pays all the bills. And he fixes all the problems. He does NOT need to take all the crap when something goes wrong.

I suggest that we all say a prayer to the God of Inanimate Objects that a quick, and lasting fix is discovered for the gremlins that are affecting the board. And you might want to add a special "Thank You" for Jackson for all the good work he does on our behalf.

I have great confidence in Jackson and am sure that he will have us back up and running in the near future.

Randy

Daddy Lows
02-18-05, 11:22
I know I'm not the only guy to have received email from Jackson giving a link to a website explaining that his servers are being attacked from unknown hackers. I'm not computer saavy but you guys out there that are, couldn't you all do something a la Hackers and unite to destroy this menace to WSG?

BTW, I'm still suffering withdrawal pains.

Peace

Netsik
02-20-05, 15:35
Dear Jackson

I would like to thank you for your efforts to keep the site working. I know that you have been very busy to solve these hacker problems. God Bless you.

Netsik

Stravinsky
02-20-05, 17:45
Jackson,

I guess the sincerest form of envy is sabotage. You are obviously very successful, if there are so many people who want to put you out of business.

I know that we are all very grateful for the effort you have made, and are making, to keep the WSG up and running. Although, until today, I didn't understand the exact nature of the problem.

Stravinsky

Manson749
02-20-05, 18:42
Wow, what can I say other than Jackson you are the man! And i never knew what pain would be like till they took such a great site away from me untill it happend. May we all give Jackson a little golf clap. Here is to you good freind.

Brain Damaged
02-21-05, 04:21
Open Message to Jackson:

I think that you are doing a great job in hosting the forum, spending the time to analyze the DOS attacks that have been going on over the last several weeks and taking the initiative to move the forum to a different hosting service.

My thanks to you and a $100 donation to follow! I know that reading this forum has saved me from getting ripped off to at least that amount!

Cheers,

BD

Mr Z Man
02-21-05, 04:25
Jackson I for one have been patiently awaiting the return of WSG. I enjoy looking at all the reports and ocasionally chime in when I have something of value to add. I am somewhat of a techie and understand that servers and such from time to time develop problems and take time and perserverance to solve. Thank you for staying with it and not giving up. the new server with its increased security I hope will solve all the conection problems. I know I missed the daily reports.

Those that have been trashing Jackson on the other website should be ashamed of your actions (you know who you are). I don't advocate banning them but serveral WSG menbers have really shown their true colors and Jackson really is within his rights do whatever he feels is correct.

My .05 cents worth.

Mr Z Man

Rock Dog
02-21-05, 06:37
Thanks for letting know what was going on for the last few weeks. For a while there, it was starting to look like WSG was going down for keeps.

It's sad that there are people out there who hate the idea of this site and what it stands for. I hope the new, secure server keeps them out and that the site keeps going strong.

WSG, it's good to have you back.

Rock Dog

ps. DOS hackers you can all suck on my dog's ass.

Vargr
02-21-05, 15:48
Contratulations to Jackson and the rest of us on the successful rehosting of this forum! The new attachment database appears to be working too.

I for one would like to contribute to a fund to hunt down the perpetrators of the attacks on the old board and persuade them to cease and desist.

Daddy Lows
02-21-05, 16:50
Jackson,

Word of caution. I just now tried to log in unsuccessfully about 10 times. All attempts were using my screen name and password. The following screen log-in confirmation showed the following three names and I was able to go to the user profile and PM system of these following three names (I did not read anyone's PMs!!!):

One Tall Bear
Doh Man
Star69

I'll repost this in the appropriate area as well. Thank you so much for your sincerity, integrity, and honesty.

Peace

Dick Travel
02-22-05, 00:08
Jackson,

I'm surely one of many many readers who feel this way !

You demonstrate dedication, perserverence, hard graft and strong sense of loyalty to your readership. Well done, many would have given up facing such problems.

We appreciate it and I'm sure if any of us can help you with any future problems you only have to ask.

Thanks.

Ian UK

GandJim
02-23-05, 16:57
Just want to add my deepest thanks to Jackson. I really appreciate your dedication and hardwork.

I have been missing this forum soooo muuuuchhhh. :)

Novize
02-24-05, 20:09
upgraded to Senior Membership now. I feel glad, proud and thankful about it.

But why can´t I be a "Novize" anymore? Do I have to be "Monk" now? ;)

At least I wouldn´t like to be just "Member #2794".

Do I have to send an email to get my original Nickname back or is it just a problem with the database that came along with the Upgrade procedure?

Happy, but a little confused,

Novize

Kens14
02-24-05, 20:45
Jackson,

I'd just like to give you my Thanks and say I have total Respect for you, that's with a captial T and a capital R. Your dedication and commitment to the Forum are unsurpassed, as such you have developed a truly first rate online community.

I've really missed my daily read of WSG, it lifts me out of the drudgery of a winter in N.Europe & reminds me of my happy sunny days in more amenable climates & cultures !

Well done Jackson, your hard work is truly appreciated,

Kens14

Novize
02-25-05, 01:00
In addition, your new email-address doesn´t seem to work. I sent you an email about the issue below, here´s the response:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<jackson@*************.info>:
Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

Brain Damaged
02-25-05, 04:07
Hi Jackson,

WSG Forum had instructions for making donations. Could you add that information to this site or direct me to it?

Thanks,

BD

Hi Brain Damaged,

Thanks for your interest. The WSG Charity website is at www.wsgcharities.com

Jackson

DataMater
02-25-05, 14:20
Dear Jackson,

While in the Opinions & Editorials > Opinions > 2002 Best Photo Nominations, I was not able to see the photos. Kept getting to your old server. Any chance to fix this.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Datamater

Tequila Texas
02-27-05, 21:30
I know you are working hard and computer problems are terrible so I hate to burden you with this. If you cant get to it for a while, I fully understand. I can log in from a windows laptop using Firefox, but not from a Mac desktop running Safari. I tried turning off my firewall but no help. Both are on the same network.

Thanks for you help and all your hard work.

TT

Mahku
02-28-05, 02:12
So are senior upgrade requests being processed now? Is the request I put in last September still in the pipeline or should I resubmit?

Hi Mahku,

Yes, I hired an assistant who is, among other things, processing the SM upgrades. He's got the backlog down from 800 to 200 applications, and the rest will be completed by the end of the week. I didn't check, but there's no reason to believe that your's isn't in the pipeline.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Jackson

Freeler
03-01-05, 13:36
Jackson,

Is there a way to get rid of members' numbers and make them adopt a name?
It is very difficult to built up an internet relationship with a bunch of numbers.
I mean handles like domino, joe zop, dickhead ring a few bells, #3456 and #4567 don't...

PS I hope my pm didn't scare you too much...:(

Domino
03-03-05, 10:36
Jackson

I was giving some thought to Freeler's complaints. I kinda like numbers myself: The Fibonacci series, the Da Vibci Code, a little bit of Kabbalah, 666 (akaThe Banker:) ), agents 86 and 99, car 54 , 007 (as in Bond, James Bond and Jackson) etc etc. But, to be fair to Freeler, numbers like 2001 etc have no resonance. And it is no fun being flamed by an empty number. Gee I hate 2001 but love 2006 etc.

Also, on the subject of numbers, I find I no longer have to hire hookers. I merely pick them up on the Internet or from recyle bins and dial the mobiles they give. I am now in Sukumvit, Bangkok, on 1 freebie (well I got off her 10.26 minutes ago). Often the freebies cost more. That is certainly the case when one forms a gfe relationship with 1.

Freeler
03-04-05, 08:45
Domino,

So you're out of cash and hooking up with freebies, huh?

Here's another freebie for you:

http://www.carv-tech.ch/(ebook)Dan%20Brown%20-%20The%20Da%20Vinci%20Code.pdf

Mahku
03-05-05, 05:33
Jackson

Please give some thought to changing back to a less conspicuous url name. I'm afraid the one we have now will attract the attention of blocking censors that we have in places like the Middle East and elsewhere. The one we had before was nice and harmless. Any chance of going back to one like that?

And thanks for the upgrade. It's much better to be able to post directly.

Rock Dog
03-05-05, 06:44
Hey Jackson,

Thanks for upgrading me to senior status. It's nice to be able to take part in a hot discussion without getting left behind b/c of a 2 day delay.

Believe it or not, I was actually enjoying my status of having the most posts of any regular member. I was gonna try and eventually work my way up to 500 before asking for an upgrade. Ah well. thanks again.

Rock

Member #2136
03-05-05, 11:32
Jackson,

It's happened. This URL is now banned in Saudi Arabia.

Jackson

Please give some thought to changing back to a less conspicuous url name. I'm afraid the one we have now will attract the attention of blocking censors that we have in places like the Middle East and elsewhere. The one we had before was nice and harmless. Any chance of going back to one like that?

Mahku
03-06-05, 14:32
And as of this morning it's also blocked here in the Emirates. This never happened before under the older url. There's just no way that a site with the word 'sex' in the name will get through the censorship.

Vargr
03-08-05, 02:00
I would love to be able to monitor this site from my RSS aggregator. It might help with the bandwidth too since I could restrict my queries only to areas that I was interested in monitoring.

BTW you should be able to multihome the server with a new domain name that will pass through the censors (say something like wsgforum.info?)

Valdez
03-08-05, 16:30
The *************.Info at the top of the page is more prominent than the old WSG at the top. Those of us using public computers to log on may be subject to public scrutiny. Please consider a more discrete banner at the top of the page. One of the best things about your board is the ability to share information without the lurid ads featured on other boards.

Seva Lurker
03-08-05, 20:35
I am wondering if I have missed something in the upgrade. I like many of the features and am glad Jackson has gotten the server issues resolved.

Just curious now about the 'new posts'. When I log in each day and check the new postings, I see exactly 100 new post, sometimes less, but never more. When I look at the times, many times the last post in the search is several hours after my last login.

So my question. Has the new posts search been limited to 100 and if so is there any way to change this so I can see all the posts since my last login? I've checked the options in the user CP and didn't see anything and I've checked the options in the seach window and again didn't see anything.

Thanks

Buko Max
03-08-05, 21:17
Yes I would have to agree with Valdez, Mahku and Vargr in that *************.Info is a little too blatent. Maybe you could change to WSG.Info or wsgforum.info or something else more discrete. Keep up the good work!

SW Man
03-11-05, 06:54
Yes I would have to agree with Valdez, Mahku and Vargr in that *************.Info is a little too blatent. Maybe you could change to WSG.Info or wsgforum.info or something else more discrete. Keep up the good work!

100 percent agreed. We need something more inconspicuous.

Toscana
03-11-05, 15:42
Yep, liked it as it was before. Nice and low key. My secretary too :-)

Daddy Lows
03-12-05, 12:41
Jackson,

I respectfully agree with the previous posters on the verbage of the site. Especially the 20+ font sized World Sex Guide in blue letters on the top!!!! Sheesh. :eek:

BTW, I'm having technical difficulties posting pics on the US Street Walker Photo section. When I press Manage Attachments, it won't come up with the screen where I can attach whatever pic files I choose.

Thanks for improving accessibility to YOUR site. Thank you so much.

Respectfully yours,
Eddy Surfer

Peace

John Randal
03-15-05, 09:43
Dear Jackson,

I do not remember how many posts I have sent you to delete ALL of my posts (most importanly, my pictures); because I am being blackmailed by a member called GOLLUM SMEAGOL.

He has been threatening me by showing the pictures to the girls whose numbers I gave him, and get my number. Then phone my wife ! And yes he can do it !

What's the matter with you? YOU ARE NOT READING REQUEST MAILS ANYMORE?

I am telling you that my life can be collapsed. I told you it is getting too late. I told you to ban GOLLUM SMEAGOL . Many other TURKEY forum members asked you to ban GOLLUM SMEAGOL. They reported his bad posts. He already revealed the identity of a member called Big Bro AJ. YOU DID NOTHING.

At last, I had to ban MYSELF from the forum and deleted my messages that I could. But I could not delete old picture posts.

I asked you a thousand times to delete my picture posts in the TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery). Instead, YOU DELETED my goodbye messages to the forum !

Do I have to INSULT you, in ourder to be banned out?

Will you please spare a few minutes and delete my messages in the TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery) ? I mean, ALL of my messages in TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery) !

I AM CRYING OUT LOUD : THIS MAN CAN RUIN MY LIFE !

Are you sleeping out there?

YAVUZ HAYAT

Hizark21
03-15-05, 21:06
Jackson:

I have noticed recently that the new post feature has inconsistent results. For example today when I pressed the "new post" feature it came up with 4 pages of results. But about 15 minutes later it returned only 1 page of results. Also I notice that it skips my posts from the previous day at times.

DoomBringer321
03-17-05, 09:33
Dear Jackson, :eek:

Just as you have hall of shame for users I propose as an avid provider and user of this forum that Jackson make a section call hall of shame for service providers I just had the most annoying experience in all my years of mongering read about on http://www.*************.info/forum/member.php?u=629 so my point is if we as a community sometimes have to discipline one of our own why not take retaliatory measures against service providers I'm not talking about violance or any of that just put a section that put all members of our community know that this service provider or this company or escort service etc. etc. etc. give bad service and put out their buisness contact information or personal E-mail and send hate mail or simply "boycott" the service.

Questions, answers, bithces and complaints PM or publish them untis next time

Peace out.

Travis Bickle 2
03-17-05, 21:49
Doombringer, We already do that in our individual threads. If I get bad service from a provider in Seattle, I post it there and the mongers can heed the advice or not. Also, if what happens on another board happens here, which it would, most of your postings would be from other hookers and pimps trying to run the other out of business. Or a John, who for whatever reason, has a bone to pick with the girl. It would also be tough say, if I wanted to know which service to avoid in Seattle, if I had to go through a hundred postings to find one pertinent to the area I monger in. So, Jackson, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Civ2000

Worf1972
03-24-05, 20:18
Excellent idea in separating the USA section from the world section. Most traffic and attacks to your site come from other pay and deficient sex sites in the US. This change will help the sex guide to run and be protected better by your people.

thank again.

Daddy Lows
03-24-05, 20:35
BTW, could both the World Sex Guide and the USA Sex Guide be amended? I mean just to replace the Sex with like the letter S or something? I mean the big block letters really are easy to see from across the room!!! Thanks for a great site/sites.

Peace

WSJ3
03-25-05, 00:17
Sorry to trouble you with this Jackson but can you do something about the following individual and his obvious hatred of African Americans...

first they were called colored. then they did not like this term. them they liked negro. Race was called negroid. In spanish the word black is negro.

then they did not like this term. they expected all the history books to be rewritten to use the term black. remember black is beautiful?

then they wore out this term in the US by their violence and wanted to discard this name. then they wanted to be called African Americans.

Jessie Jackson is the person who coins these terms. the father of illegitimate children.

I call a spade a spade.

I speak spanish. negro = black. especially in the Dominican Republic where the proper word is negro.

I do not give a shit what they like to be called as a race. I call them the way I see them. I am not into changing their names after their violence and social hostility has worn out the most recent 'POLITICALLY CORRECT' name.

I don't give a fuck. But I chase pussy. Hell, I have even fucked black pussy, but I prefer white pussy.

I do not like the smell and body odor of black girls. It is alot more pungent. Their skin has more pores per inch than the white race. This is fact enough for me. That is why they were better adapted to picking cotton in the south US.

Now they are more hostile and criminal than the white race. that is why there is white flight to move away whenever a black moves into the neighborhood. Because black people are more likely to commit crimes and be violent. as stated before, 40% of the black males between age 18 and 40 are in prison or on probation. This is fact.

I find this extremely offensive.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Regards:
WSJ3
:)

Ngp477
03-25-05, 01:44
Please note that my remarks were only directed toward the below named individual who started race baiting and obese hating. He is the offender and has also admitted being in prison typing from a computer there.

You really need to keep your simple minded statements to yourself.

As a black man I am offended...maybe instead of worrying who is spending what amount in which country you could concentrate on losing some of that extra weight that is obviously making you simple.

right now I am in prison typing this post

Ford
03-25-05, 02:19
Hi Jackson,

Since this is the "Letters to the Editor" section and NOT the "complaints about other members" section - I'd just like to remark Jackson I think it was a great idea to separate the USA section from the world section.

Some of us, for various reasons do not post or have anything to do with p4p in the USA and therefore separating the two is a great convenience!

Also with all the problems recently with your server reducing some of the volume of traffic makes sense. Keep up the good work!

FORD

Rush 2112
03-27-05, 18:53
Hi Jackson,
I was just going through the New Posts on www.*************.info and I noticed that there were a few US reports mixed in with them. I clicked on a few of the links, and sure enough, I was directed to an entire US section within this site. These same new posts do not appear on the www.usasexguide.info site, however.

Email from this site go to my Yahoo inbox, but email from the US site are listed as spam, and go to my bulk box. I know all it takes is for me to mark this as 'not spam', and future emails should then go to my inbox, but I just wanted to point this out to others.

The ratio of registered users to lurking "guests" in the world forum is about 2:1 most times. In the US forum however, it's 1:2. I just checked both sets of stats a few minutes ago, and the World had 202 registered, 92 guests. The US had 46 registered, 95 guests. Just goes to show how much people here in the US are willing to take, without giving anything in return.

Thanks for all your hard work,
K.J. Baltimonger

Joe Zop
03-27-05, 20:37
I've gotta admit it's a little disconcerting to have duplicate threads on both domains, as that makes it rather hard to sustain context. Might I suggest that something like the "American Women" or "Letters to the Editor" and other opinion threads be on one or the other?

Better still, is there any reason why there can't be a complete menu similar to the old that simply links and jumps to whichever server is appropriate? Right now I end up with two windows open, and I suspect that doesn't do a whole lot help to reduce server load, as opposed to simply being active in one window and jumping back and forth between sites.

This, in fact, would be a good use of the old frames-based approach -- menu on the left and/or top, active frame to the right, displaying either data from *************.info or USASexGuide.info as is appropriate. I've used this precise approach with databases located on different servers and it does in fact do a tremendous amount to reduce load, as the main issue is the time spent running searches and whatnot as opposed to actually serving up pages, and it also allows you to seamlessly continue to expand to still more servers if needed. Another advantage is that it's basically invisible to the user. It's simple enough to include code on each page that forces the browser to use the frames, so no one can get around it and screw up the load-balancing, but if that's not desired as long as permissions are handled correctly in the scripting you can still basically query the other server and have the results appear inside a single page on the first one.

Obviously, you and your gurus may well have considered this stuff, and it does require rewriting some of the query scripts to point to the right places, (which are also things that can gobble up server time if not properly optimized) but I'll simply note that it worked for me on much slower servers, with a load not ridiculously different from what you're facing.

Pete33
03-28-05, 08:23
Dear Jackson,

I am totally confused by the availability of TheBanker, who is currently running your old website of *************.com.

Who is he ?!

And, why is he doing it ??

Thanks a lot for your response.

Ciao.

Hi Pete33,

The *************.COM site has always (to my knowledge) been owned by The Banker.

A previous corporation that I owned (now dissolved) had a contract with the internet porn company that was the previous owner of the .ORG site. This contract permitted my corporation to have links to the WSGForum.com site as part of the compensation for revising and maintaining the .ORG site. This internet porn company terminated this contract a few weeks before they sold *************.ORG to The Banker. That's how The Banker ended up owning both the .COM and the .ORG sites.

I went on to move the WSGForum.com forum to *************.INFO where it resides today.

Thanks,

Jackson

Member #2970
03-30-05, 04:30
Jackson,

First I want to say thank you for my senior membership upgrade. The dual server is an awsome idea that is working well.
When I click on the USA server they want me to sign on and use my password to be able to post. However I think my password must have been changed. I did request my password info a couple of times to my email with no reponse yet, so I'm wondering if you are getting the request.

Thanks

Daddy Lows
03-31-05, 10:23
Jackson,

Would it be possible to lock all threads for the United States(now closed) section of your world site? It's confusing to see USA reports here. Thanks so much.

Yours truly,
Eddy the surfer

Hi,

I need to leave it open for the time being to facilitate the Search Engine references.

I'd like to have the time to close each of the forum in the USA section, but they need to be one individually, and I just don't have 8-10 hours to spare.

Thanks,

Jackson

Ima Chump
03-31-05, 15:24
Is there a way to search for photos from the various cities other than amanually going to each board? In other words, is there a way to search for photosposted in the past 24-48-etc hours or days?

Hi BoP,

Now that it appears that I've put the server problems behind me, I can focus on making some real improvements to the forum. Among my plans is to install a program called photopost that intergrates with vBulletin, and which is designed to manage and display a forum's photos. Photopost creates thumbnail galleries with links to the photos, as well as displaying them organized by the forum section, etc.

Because I've intended to install PhotoPost at some point, I stopped policing the forum's various Photo Galleries, which will be made moot by PhotoPost's capabilities.

Thanks,

Jackson

Novize
04-02-05, 07:28
Jackson,

if I´d sample information of the several clubs in Germany (prices, how to get there, short description etc.) and put them into reports, would it be possible to stick them at the top of the threads? And if, how could we organize that?

I understand the need of "Germany-newbies" to get this information, but I´m tired to read the same questions again ans again. I would be willing to do the work of research and writing, but this would be of no use if the information wouldn´t be sticked to the top of the threads.

As I experience this issue, it would save some unnecessary postings.

Appreciating your work,

Novize

Florida Perv
04-09-05, 12:44
Jackson

I'm getting the same message.

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/attachment.php on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.*************.info Port 80"

Please add me to the list!!

Thanks

Elements
04-09-05, 16:29
Dear Jackson,

Please let me access to the photo.

Thank You.

Me and You
04-10-05, 13:13
M Jackson,

I would like to delete a post that i ve post in lat October, where i put a phone number, that i want to delete...because it is not the appropriate number for the post. Please i need ur help to delete it...

22 october Post about Jordan

Thank you very much

Please read the FAQ for the procedure for having a post edited.

Thanks,

Jackson

Batman
04-10-05, 18:40
Jackson,
I am not sure this is the right place to do this but I am going to take a shot.

There is no city listed in the China section for Lhasa its in Tibet/China depending on your politics and there is no section for Tibet and its a major tourist location (I am going there soon as well). Also there is no listing for Bhutan.
Any possibility of adding them?
Thanks in advance for your help
Batman

John
04-13-05, 17:01
Hi Jackson,

I just read the detailed reports posted by Bubba Boy in the Rio section. I want to recommend that if possible you can take those reports and make a new thread for his reports in the Brazil section. I think that good reports like them get lost as time passes by and they shouldn't.

Thorough posts like those posted by Bubba Boy are really worth there details in gold for those travelling first time to a new country. I humbly request that there should be a separate section in every country where only detailed posts like Bubba Boys Rio reports are available for newbies to read so that they can get a coherent guide for any particular country.

Thanks,

John

Aradsha
04-14-05, 14:27
Since the change of the site, once I open a photo display link I get a message which I dont have permissin to watch this forum! Why?

Please read http://www.*************.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1901

Thanks,

Jackson

Starchild2012
04-16-05, 09:45
Jackson,

Could you please give me the justification, of my last post in moscow section being censored and deleted of no reason whatsoever i can think of, What is it that you did not like, to my knowledge it was with in rules of WSG, no hate messages, racial tones, no phone numbers, e-mails e.t.c. It was just some lines of freedom against evil, it was just thoughts that all.

It feels like supression of freedom of speach now !!

I find no reason that it should be deleted before any one has even complained about it.

I bet, even if one guy from the forum, have any complain's about the lines, then you are free to delete it, I ask only "one person" from the thousands who read it every day.

I find it high handedness, a taliban approach.....Please delete the whole message if you don't like it, don't censor the lines in between , it losses the whole point in the message itself.

Hi BL,

First, I just checked the Moscow thread, and it appears to me that your report is displayed there, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Second, you are apparently confused about the concept of Freedom of Speach.

Freedom of Speach refers to a GOVERNMENT's restrictions on your ability to speak publically. However, this Forum is a private enterprise, and as such I have the right to decide what is or is not displayed here.

Think of it like this: You can send a letter to the editor of the New York Times, but it's entirely up to him wether he publishes it in their newspaper.

Freedom of Speach gives you the right to say what you want, but it does not give you the right to say it where ever you want.

Thanks,

Jackson

Starchild2012
04-16-05, 18:10
HI Jackson,

Yes, My report is published, but the contents are edited. Just read the post above me and the guy has completely mistook my points, he is not to be blamed, he is reading only the half portion, that i wrote.

Either there is some editing error while posting or the guy who has done the editing has jumbled the sentences up and down, making my report pointless.

I just wanted to know, if the points that I wrote did not comply with your enterprise.

If it does, I would write my points again.

Thanks,

BL

OldAsiaHand
04-22-05, 13:38
Jackson,

It has been nearly 3 weeks since I sent you an email. Your automated reply stated you are 2 weeks behind in replying. Do you answer all your emails or just a selection? Thanks.

OAH

Comrade 2255
04-23-05, 02:09
Not meaning to be pedantic but I thought I'd point out the 'it's' below should be 'its'.

The USA Section has now been
moved to it's own website at
www.USASexGuide.Info

Buddah
04-24-05, 12:38
Hi Jackson

Is there a possibility of posting video's?

With my camera I've done quite nice ones.

buddah

John
04-25-05, 01:44
Hi Jackson,

I just thought that I should let u know that a user by the user name of Motolo is continuously posting fake posts. It seems to me like all his posts are just an attempt to get his number of posts up for some reason.

I am letting u know this just to protect the integrity of this forum and no other reason.

John.

Coma Boy
04-26-05, 11:53
Jackson,

I've been trying to contact site-admin for a couple of months, through e-mails and even PM, all to no avail.

I appreciate your staff are busy but I have a really simple request: I would like my real username back which changed when I was upgraded to a senior membership.

My previous username was Coma Boy, but it has been changed to Member #2967.

How should I best contact admin over this issue?

Dunderhead
04-26-05, 17:28
Dear Jackson,

Could some sections of the WSG have a 'Basic Facts for the Visitor' page? This would also be particularly usefull for stopping the "Hey, I'm going to Xiamen next week, where can I get laid" type of posts. Basic info -

Top End
Middle Range
'Lonely Planet monger'
Street Walker routes (maps)
Most likely establishments
Prices
Recommended Hotels
Media...

well, I'm sure you can guess the rest.

If you would like to talk about the posibilities of publishing a 'World Sex Guide' book however, I hope that you will PM me first!

Yours in respect,

Faulk
Peace. Fuck. Love.

Peter Solano
04-28-05, 16:26
Dear Mr. Jackson:
Is there a way to put up an Avatar here?
Thanks,
Peter Solano.

Mahku
04-29-05, 15:23
Jackson,

Any chance of doing something about this large lettered THE *************.INFO blazing across the top of the page?

The other day in a net cafe in Addis Ababa I got some snickers from other surfers nearby. In Addis that's ok because it's kind of liberal. But there are other places in the world where a guy prefers not to have the whole world see what he's up to even when they're standing across the room.

Also, any chance of the url name changing to something less conspicuous to sensors in the Middle East and elsewhere? I know this has been asked before but I don't recall a response yet.

As always, thanks for a great forum.

C Me Type
05-03-05, 09:09
Jackson, recently I formated my computer and lost the web site. To my surprise, another talk forum identical to yours popped up. As I read some posts, I realized some people assumed that this site belongs to you. I was directed to this site when I log on to the original World Sex Guide website. Just want to let you know what is up.

Cmetype

OldAsiaHand
05-03-05, 10:56
Jackson,

We have been having a bit of a debate on the China Photo Gallery thread. What is the site policy regarding the posting of commentary only with no pics in the Photo Gallery? There is currently nothing about this mentioned in your posting guidelines.

Thanks,

OAH

Capitan Fu
05-03-05, 23:07
Hi Jackson,

Why I can't see any photos?

Do I have to do something?

Please tell what to do,

Thanks.

Capitan Fu

Hi,

what you can do is read the Forum. Do you see the big announcement on the front page regarding the Photo Viewing restrictions?

Please read it.

Thanks,

Jackson

Coma Boy
05-04-05, 17:05
Any chance of doing something about this large lettered THE *************.INFO blazing across the top of the page?
Plus, the new-post notification e-mails (from subscribed threads) previously came from "WSG Forums".

Nowadays the full name is used.

Eater
05-05-05, 07:09
I didnt know where to put this, it's usefull information for any Aussie Users here

Telstra:

DO NOT push 90# on your home phone.

I got a call last night from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service technician who was conducting a test on our telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9),zero(0), hash (#) and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which allows them to place long distance telephone calls billed to your home phone number. I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many of the local gaols/prisons. DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE.

PLEASE pass this on to your friends. If you have mailing lists and/or newsletters from organizations you are connected with, I encourage you to pass this on.

Stephen COOPER
Detective Senior Constable 29748
Victoria Police - State Crime Squads
Level 12, 412 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne
(03) 9865 2663
stephen.cooper@police.vic.gov.au

Ace Gallant
05-05-05, 11:20
Guys,

I have a generic user name because I failed to read the User Name Guidelines before I applied for a membership. As a result, I was given this generic user name when I was upgraded to Regular Member status.

Since then, Jackson hasn't had time to change my user name again because he has been busy upgrading the Forum, moderating new reports, and answering to the more than 1,000 emails he gets every month from forum members who can't even login to the forum because they lost access to their email address, forgot their password, etc.

However, I understand that he has saved more than 350 user name change requests in an email folder, and that he will get to them as quickly as possible. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

ThanksThanks Jackson, at least I now I know I got your attention. I will look forward to your good news on my username.

Cheers!

Stravinsky
05-05-05, 15:33
Jackson,

With regard to the Moscow forum, I notice that you pretty much deleted Dealdo's post, but didn't touch any of El Suave's.

Interesting.... selective enforcement?

Stravinsky

Big Bug
05-08-05, 07:43
Jackson,

the posts for Chile are all mixed up. I'd like to offer to do the admin for that country and sort it up.

regards

Bug.

Blunderer
05-08-05, 19:42
Jackson,

May I suggest that you set up a Wiki to hold guides to various regions. A wiki (if you are not familiar) is a web based collabaritive document. Assuming the wsg users maintain it (and I suspect they will) it will eliminate much of the need for searching, and for users to ask obvious questiosn, as well as of course being much more convenient for users who wish to quickly research a new area.

For an example of a wiki in action, visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

to get the source code:
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

Regards

1Ball
05-12-05, 22:37
Hi Jackson, would it be possible to get a new thread on the LOS board?

The Domino / Traveler thread needs to be revived, pleeeeeeeeeease.

hopefully they can bash each other there exclusively, if you put them in their own sandbox, just like you just did in the PI with Juniour.

thanks in advance, and from many.

1ball

Domino
05-15-05, 02:22
Jackson
Whilst the idea of a wiki is good, I think it would be a waste of time. Look how few hits FAQs get, for example. Also, people don't read the f forums but prefer to ask the same questions, including ones on what the weahter will be in six months' time and if they should carry an umbrella.
Also, looking at iball's letter, people have different agendas here. Some want to use it as a basis of making friendships, of impressing others or whatever and thus the Thai section, as a good example, finds it difficult to stay anywhere near topic.
And that brings us back to wikis: Blunderer points to a great link/innovation. But the people using those wikis want to learn something and/or get their hands on a useful resource. Many of your larger posters here want only to impress and/or make friendships. It is amazing how few outgrow the schoolyard.

Terry Terrier
05-16-05, 01:00
Jackson

Blunderer's proposal for wikis is IMO an excellent one. A major advantage would be that any members asking routine questions could be politely directed toward the wiki.

Every active section has members who like to provide up-to-date information. Indeed, in the Thailand section (where I mainly post) the static FAQs were written by Skinless, ably assisted by the collaborations of Freeler and Joe Zop. In another splendid and more recent example of public-spirited behaviour in the same section, Scotty Monger tried to create a database of girl-friendly hotels, and asked for co-operation from other members to keep this database up-to-date (unfortunately, he was driven away from the section by the bullying tactics of a poster going by the name of Domino. But I digress).

I'm sure that a wiki in every active section would be a great resource for all.

Regards

Scotty Monger
05-16-05, 15:08
Jackson

In another splendid and more recent example of public spirited behaviour in the same section, Scotty Monger tried to create a database of girl-friendly hotels, and asked for co-operation from other members to keep this database up-to-date (unfortunately, he was driven away from the section by the bullying tactics of a poster going by the name of Domino. But I digress).

Regards

Yes, this is unfortunately true. "Skinjob" has that effect on many people, and is a more sad and pathetic creature than any I have ever encountered.

If this "wiki" will allow for the storage of useful information, such as FAQ's or hotel guides, in a seperate document that can easily be viewed by members, without having to scan though dozens of forum pages, then it would definately be beneficial. To me, the only weakness of this forum, which is in fact caused by the success of the fiorum, is the sheer volume of information that it contains and the difficulty one can have in locating a specific piece of information.

Sorry the hotel guide didn't progress any further, I think it would ultimately become a useful resource. Unfortunatley, the Thailand forum continues to be dominated by the above-mentioned *******, resulting in a very negative environment.

Can more pictures of money be forthcoming? How pathetic.

Domino
05-16-05, 16:11
Jackson

A look at the posting counts will see who dominates the Thai section and who is responsible for all the shit there. Hint: he has been caught out lying again, this time on the photo sections. and these letters are probably an effort to allow him to wriggle free again. Terry Troll also likes to lie as he goes around making up fictions about me to get some kind of credibility from his fellow wankers. I am not even aware of Shitty Mongrel or his hotel initiative; a quick look at the post count in the Bkk and Pattaya hotel sections will again show I seldom visit it. The last time I was aware of him was when he posted another attack on me; I will pray for him. I understand these people lead empty lives and I too feel sorry for them, like I do for all under achievers. I don't want to reply to them here again as they might blame me for when they suicide.

Terry Terrier
05-20-05, 00:46
Jackson

One issue that concerns me about the web-based encyclopedia is editorial control. The site seems to be broad-minded enough, but there is a possibility for the huge amount of important data that could be potentially uploaded from our members to be lost at a stroke.

Scotty Monger

Good to see that you are still around. I had feared that Domino's bullying behaviour had driven you away from the WSG forum completely. Maybe your excellent girl-friendly hotel guide can be revived (possibly as a 'sticky', Jackson?) some time in the future.

Regards

Msaisme
05-22-05, 10:31
jackson,

i am writing this letter to let you know that your hard word and efforts are much appreciated. i have been a member for some time now (thank you) and not a day goes by without me peeking in to see what new lovely ladies i can feast my eyes upon. i think you do an excellent job of moderating this forum and i enjoy seeing this dream of yours expand. i will be in buenos aires in the next year and i am looking forward to thanking you in person. keep up the good work!

you are quite welcome, and thank you.

jackson

Phuquer
06-05-05, 19:58
Hi Jackson. I have written a 5 day itinerary for the Bangkok section, but it is quite long. It is geared towards newbies and has all the information a first timer to Bangkok might need (such as how to use the Skytrain, Subway, how to go through immigration, exchange cash and get a taxi at the airport, and how to find the various places mentioned on the board). It also has sightseeing besides mongering. The goal of the post is to guide a newbie step by step, holding his hand from the moment he arrives in BKK to the moment he leaves. I think it should be in the Thailand FAQ section, but I don't know what I can do to post it there. Please let me know. Thank you.

Sporadic
06-06-05, 13:53
Jackson,

Along the same lines of what Phuquer mentions, several senior members from the Dubai thread have put together a super-FAQ.

I wonder if a new thread (I do not have the privs obviously) under Dubai or UAE for this gem would save quite a bit of bandwidth wasting repeat questions.

I appreciate this is just one more little task for your busy schedule, but I hope you will consider it.

Thanks,

Sporadic

Freeler
06-07-05, 20:06
Phuquer,

Any update of the FAQs, which I co-wrote:), is warmly welcomed.
A good guide to the bad city should be in a place where it doesn't fall victim to the stupidity of some.
It should be in a place where it can forever sit in peace until the writer decides it's time for it to go.

PS just a thought: Your Airport info will be outdated by september 2005 when the new airport opens...

Erik
06-07-05, 21:09
Jackson,
It seems someone is using my name here. I realized that when another member sent me an email including a quote signed by "Erik", that I never wrote. This quote was giving him a telephone number of a girl. This might very well be a scam. What could you do about that ?
The real Erik.

Phuquer
06-08-05, 02:57
PS just a thought: Your Airport info will be outdated by september 2005 when the new airport opens...
Yeah, I know. I might be going to LOS in July (maybe), or in Feb. 06. So the airport part will be obsolete and I won't be able to get any new info firsthand until Feb. But it does give the first time visitors an idea of what to expect. Anyway, we are talking about Thailand. I doubt the new airport will open before Jan. 2006. How do we add the info? Should I PM the itinerary to you, so we don't waste bandwidth??

Phuquer
06-08-05, 03:01
BTW, I just wanted to thank you (Freeler), Joe Zop, and Domino for putting the FAQ together. Although most don't even bother to take the time to look at it, I think it is a very important part of the Thailand site, and we should do more to promote it and keep it up to date with the freshest information. That way we waste less bandwidth on the board repeating the same info over and over and over again (Where is Eden Club? Is Grand President girl friendly? Where can I find girls in BKK? etc. etc. etc. etc.)

Domino
06-08-05, 03:22
With regard to FAQs, simply cut and paste them into Word, modify as you think appropriate, save and past them into Thailand General Info. (Keep them out of the sandbox Juice Spike and I have to share with Chopper face or else you will get sand in your eye). Then let others make suggestions, modify them etc. Keep this going for an appropriate length of time, then ask the headmaster to post them as the new FAQs.
Jackson: please don't put Phuquer and me in a new sandbox with The Traveler. We have quite enough to play with right now. I would also appreciate it if, with respect to the Traveler and Tweedle controversies, what people want out of photos could be clarified. I notice you often have 300 or more members online at a time but those numbers are not reflected in quality of quantity of posts. I also hope you are not mad at me for mollifying the wimps on the AW board:)

Phuquer
06-08-05, 04:41
hi domino. it's not really faq, but an itinerary. that way, a newbie can say "well, it's 8pm. what should i do now". then look at my itinerary and read "8pm - walk to [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) and get a blowjob". step by step, everything he should do. if he just follows the directions, he should have a successful trip. he is free to add or change anything. but if he follows it step by step, he should have a good time. the reason i don't want to post it as a regular post is that it is quite lengthy, and i don't want to make the experienced los visitors have to read this. it explains how to use the skytrain, how to get through passport control, even where to find a bathroom in the airport. silly stuff, but i wish i knew these things the first time i visited los. i learned it all quick enough, but there are some that are not quick learners at all, and this itinerary is for them. it's also for the first timers so they can know what to expect when they get there. and just to get it straight, i am not at all against you, or the traveller, or anybody else on this board. not at all. i am just glad that now there is a place for the discussions about other members to go on. i think photo section should be just photos. maybe simple comments about the photos, but that's about it. just my .02 yen.

Joe Zop
06-08-05, 07:24
Sounds like a marvelous addition, Phuquer, and one that matches a lot of frequent questions. Bravo for your work, and I second Domino's suggestions about how to proceed.

The ultimate trick, of course, is to get people to actually click on the link and read the darn thing once it's finalized...

Igor Wlahov
06-08-05, 09:57
Hi Jackson,

Just a little comment to make it easier to surf in public net-lounges:

On top of every page there is "WorlsSexGuide-Info" (or something similar) header.

People around you immediately drawn to the magic word "SEX".

"Wow" them little perverts say "he is logged on to a sex site! Let's call the attendant!"

In the old forum there was a discreet "WSG-forum" header on every page and no one paid attention.

Would it be possible to substitute the current header for something more discreet again? Eg: WSF or WS-forum or WS-info forum, etc.

Thanks for this little effort to make accessing the site from public places easier.

Comrade 2255
06-19-05, 02:34
Hello,

There appears to be a small "bug" in the forum's search function.

Try an advanced search for "Zapata's" (no quotes), in all open forums, and show results as "posts". The result at

http://www.*************.info/forum/search.php?searchid=566214

does not find a post by user Soujourn.

However, searching for user "Soujourn" posts does find a post with "Zapata's" in it, on page 2.

http://www.*************.info/forum/search.php?searchid=566220&pp=25&page=2

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work guys.

Mahku
06-22-05, 07:59
Hi Jackson,

Just a little comment to make it easier to surf in public net-lounges:

On top of every page there is "WorlsSexGuide-Info" (or something similar) header.

People around you immediately drawn to the magic word "SEX".

"Wow" them little perverts say "he is logged on to a sex site! Let's call the attendant!"

In the old forum there was a discreet "WSG-forum" header on every page and no one paid attention.

Would it be possible to substitute the current header for something more discreet again? Eg: WSF or WS-forum or WS-info forum, etc.

Thanks for this little effort to make accessing the site from public places easier.

I've asked about this at least twice and some other posters have also brought it up. Jackson, care to give us at least one response about this? I start my 7-week Asian trip tonight and I'm not looking forward to everyone looking over my shoulder at the internet cafe.

Gladiator
06-22-05, 20:05
Guys,

Do you want to make the header disappear so that the non-initiates in the internet café can’t see it?

There is a very simple solution: scroll down a bit. Try it out yourselves. Can you see it? You move your finger slightly scrolling down and the header disappears, as if by magic. It was easy, wasn’t it?

Domino
06-23-05, 12:13
Jackson: I note with interest Belguel's demise and that his details are now posted here for all to see. Personally, I believe he was looking for trouble, pissing, shitting and coming all over veiled Muslims in Muslim countries. I also find it interesting that many members cheered him on as he posted his conquests but are quieter now.
Keeping the activities of The Traveler and his fellow travelers in mind, I do not believe you can eradicate these types of problems. The best you can do is scrub your site clean of them. For my own part, if I go to North Africa in this incarnation, I will behave myself and will not [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) into human chamber pots. It is hard, as Mick Jagger noted, to have sympathy with the devil but I am sure Belguel will reincarnate and I look forward to reading his articles on NGOs and other blood suckers in the near future. He can keep his sick photos however.

Gladiator: open up two windows at the same time, ignore the stupid photos if you can and minimize the WSG window when possible.

Igor Wlahov
06-23-05, 15:23
Guys,

Do you want to make the header disappear so that the non-initiates in the internet café can’t see it?

There is a very simple solution: scroll down a bit. Try it out yourselves. Can you see it? You move your finger slightly scrolling down and the header disappears, as if by magic. It was easy, wasn’t it?Still when you open each window the BIG header of SEX appears every time. Very often the connection is so slow that it can take ages to be even able to scroll it up. Wouldn't it be more beneficial just to have a plain header that does not catch the attention of all perverts around you. (backpackers, feminazis and the plain stupid).

Santa
06-26-05, 04:45
Jackson.

I like the wikipedia idea. Also, how about a Wiktionary of Useful Phrases. We need one in the China section.

Domino
07-19-05, 07:24
Hey Jackson: I have just discovered the Ignore list. As I have put the Traveler, ljohnson and Terry Troll on it, I can no longer read their bullshit. I am sending you this letter to spread the good news to others: if you don't like someone's post, just put them on the ignore list. I thought, btw, The Traveler should have been on your latest Thai bs thread. Don't want him to feel left out. Strange he did not put me on his ignore list when he put juice spike there.
The Thai thread will always have idiots posting on it. This is because mongering here is too easy. That is why so much of the ladies' clientele is low class.
I think you should highlight the Ignore fucntion a lot more. It might save us all trouble.
Nana is a good as ever by the way. And a tip for you herr Jackson: next time you visit Omar the tailor, maybe buy your clothes off the peg first and pay him to alter them. That is what those in the know do by all accounts. As advice is only for passing on, not for acting on, I hereby pass it on to you:D
Not to the Japanese though: they prefer to buy Armani as time is money. It should be fun when they really get going in Sukumvit.

Big Guy Eight
07-19-05, 22:47
Hi Jackson ,

The USA has disappeared?

Hi,

It's at www.usasexguide.info

Thanks,

Jackson

Relentless
07-20-05, 01:36
Sorry to ask this, may be a dumb question, but with the new guide how do we access USA sites?

You can send it to my e mail.

Thanks!

Java Man
07-20-05, 05:23
i forgot the link to the USA sex guide, but my browser didn't. how about adding a link to it?

Daddy Lows
07-26-05, 07:45
Los Angeles, California USA

11:38pm
I tried to log on to the world sex guide dot info and it took a while to load up even with my cable modem. Then the screen was chock full of small GIFs showing some animated dork proclaiming
I am a dork stealing your bandwidth!

WTF was that about?

Jackson,

I logged on again and the image went away but I wonder what THAT was all about or if anyone else experienced it as well?

Peace

Octatron
07-26-05, 18:48
Looks like he was hacked!

USTraveller
07-27-05, 02:22
los angeles, california usa

11:38pm
i tried to log on to the world sex guide dot info and it took a while to load up even with my cable modem.

if you log into the international sex guide dot info directly, the problem with speed should go away.

-ustraveller

Domino
07-27-05, 07:19
Dork: This was probably someone hotwiring to Jackson's site. Easily done.
Drakes: Jackson. We have a lot of assholes here. Besides the infamous one on the Thai thread, there is some bs silly battle going on in Mindanao where Domino will soon be making a Royal visit. Domino has no interest in the squabble or in the pathetic expat bar run by Maurice. He is only interested in having a good time with the good ladies of Mindanao.
May I humbly suggest you open a general bs thread and just throw all the shit in there as it arises on any of the threads. Don't make any more special ones as they only clutter up matters. Just make one general bs thread and throw all the bs there.
Freeler also suggested you have some system whereby only information is posted. He is particularly interested in things like bus times and cheap hotels in remote locations. Maybe a form could do this. Country-transport/hotels etc/. Otherwise, just edit a thread a week, deleting all the crap.
I am also interested in the editorials. Sometimes, good links are posted but it is a pity these get lost in the eternal bs.
The Moroccan photo survey thread probably had the highest ratio of informed and thoughtful posts to bs. It also draws good posters who never otherwise cross swords. People like Dr Skank etc. More like this please as they give food for thought.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162906,00.html
Though the AW thread has its detractors, yet some good, useful and thoughtful links have been posted there. I would like to see more links to on topic media stories and less bs. I spotted another bs circumcision cures aids medical story today but it is not worth posting. The real test to do there is to measure/count how many deceased HIV men were cut and how many uncut in a place like the USA where there are lots of both and lots of dead homos. People who come to sites like this just want to hear the bs (get cut and you won't get aids) and don't care if it is true or not. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus but he ain't that generous.
To the AW poster who pmed me: plenty of AW are fine but you won't find them in a brothel. Take up a hobby like dancing, cooking or forms of keep fit (not aerobic dancing) and you will meet them there (hint: pick an activity sport carefully as women join it generally for the activity. not for the activity of bonking). Also listen to Prokofiev who was dumb enough to edit his own excellent post. If you cannot score when so many others are, check out what is wrong with you/what you are doing wrong. All women have some things in common. Just find out where those with a lower bs factor hang out near you. Be yourself and don't mention the WSG guide or whatever Jackson calls it next week unless she is a nympho. In which case, pass her details on to
John T Domino

Cool Man
07-30-05, 22:58
Jackson,

The forum is blocked by the internet provider in Dubai, I can access it because I am in Europe now. I really missed this forum in Dubai and would like to continue accessing it form their. Any idea as how to overcome this problem? Your help will be appreciated ,maybe other URL?

I only have a vague idea of how to do it, but I just have too many other things on my list to get to this one anytime soon anyway.

I think it's possible to access the site using a proxy server, whatever that is.

Have you tried using the URL www.wsgforum.com? That address wil still access the forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

SE Asia Joe
08-01-05, 05:38
Jackson,

I really appreciate the work that you are putting into maintaining this site - and apparently not for some monetary reward/other nefarious purposes.

One thing that I've noticed of late is the fact that a lot of posters have been posting up "basically nonsense"/ inane / useless remarks / questions - and I figure they do this just so that their own number of reports go up. I would think that anybody who has posted a large number of useful / contributing posts would be someone deserving of recognition/respect / following, or whatever, but I do notice too many of these guys write and write completely useless remarks.

Perhaps you could remind members to refrain from doing this with specific warning that if they continue to just clog up your pages (and taking up your time) with useless contributions - that you will ban them/out them/downgrade them ... or whatever else you can think of.

I hope that you do not mind my suggestion AND that it will help to lessen your work load and certainly would not mind you not responding to this request for AS IT IS, your site IS GREAT and I do thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

SE Asia Joe

Cool Man
08-01-05, 20:08
WSGForum.com is also blocked. I think they block all links to the fourm.

Jackson,

The forum is blocked by the internet provider in Dubai, I can access it because I am in Europe now. I really missed this forum in Dubai and would like to continue accessing it form their. Any idea as how to overcome this problem? Your help will be appreciated ,maybe other URL?

I only have a vague idea of how to do it, but I just have too many other things on my list to get to this one anytime soon anyway.

I think it's possible to access the site using a proxy server, whatever that is.

Have you tried using the URL www.wsgforum.com? That address wil still access the forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Lows
08-01-05, 21:11
I keep seeing this when I type the following:

www.wsgforum.com

www.*************.info

I'm currently in the Southern California area, if that helps.

Peace

Joe Zop
08-01-05, 22:02
Nothing shows up like that here in the midwest, DL.

Member #1005
08-01-05, 22:50
I keep seeing this when I type the following:

www.wsgforum.com

www.*************.info

I'm currently in the Southern California area, if that helps.

Peace

Yes me also, I've had this three times already usually around the 16.00 GMT (12 EST), when I log on and I am in the UK.

Juniour

Member #1005
08-02-05, 08:03
Jackson,

Cool Man

In Dubai you can’t get AOL, Yahoo or many chat sites on LAN if you have an account set up on your laptop, but you may access them via the internet only, they are blocked. Its because in the Emirate State they have their own information super highway is routed through a large local service provide, Dubai Internet.

However, I have never had any problems access the WSG/ISG myself but l have not tried this year 2005; it really depends on how you are trying to access it. From an internet café forget it, they are all routed though this service provider that filters many sites. If you are using your own lap top there is one option you might try, if you have an account with AOL or Yahoo, try the dial up option but to Jordan or Turkey or the next nearest ‘safe place’ keep going. Its a little expensive but should “in theory” work – good Luck.

Juniour

Domino
08-02-05, 10:58
dear jackson
it has been reported to me that the notorious poster on the thai boards wants to access my credit cards and that he has posted to that effect. this only reinforces the rumor that he has already stolen from another poster (tapioca).
i refer, of course, to the traveler. he has also attacked all posters who travel to kenya/kenia and the philippines and branded them as fellow ****s.
as regards the choir boys who have recently chirped up in his defense: i have not seen many of them provide useful information, if that is the criterion. calling freeler a cheap charlie just shows how cheap they are as i know freeler, stupidly imho, splashes out hundreds of extra dollars on every trip he takes because of a simple middle class hang up of his.
if the choirboys just want to talk shit with each other at your expense, then that is ok with me. but they should not encourage the traveler to commit further crimes of fraud and they should realize they are paying big prices for farmyard material.
some of the choirboys have also stated i post degrading photos of thai women. that is untrue, unless they mean the osama photos which hid their faces and which also amused the skanks. they are pathetic accusations, made to help a pathetic man.
i repeat my earlier suggestion: just dump all their bull shit into a huge garbage bag and label it appropriately.
i am sailing around the philippines, a place where many fights occur on your board but none of which involve me as i try to stay out of that shit.
i also recently took a look at your excellent argentina board and compared it to the thai board which has been wrecked value wise. until the garbage ends and the chit chatters find more useful outlets for their free time, the thai and some other boards will remain a mess.

Eric T
08-03-05, 14:22
Jackson,

Thank you VERY much for changing the website name. For now, this has opened up the site in KSA. I hope it stays that way.

Eric

Piper1
08-03-05, 14:45
Hi Jackson -

A proxy server is a small program (e.g., jap.exe) that allows one to log into sites through an anonymous by-pass server (jap.exe is in Germany). User logins are encrypted to that no-one can trace the site the user is logged into.

The UAE hasn't caught up with blocking your new site name yet. I'll bet a week or two before it is blocked (the blocking program scans for sites with naughty words like "sex" in them - including Middlesex, etc. And it's no use looking up a recipe for chicken breasts.

The "https" idea someone mentioned might be a good way to overcome the block.

Alternatively, is it possible for members to login to a relabelled site without the word sex? wsgforum is blocked.

cheers,

Piper

PS How do you keep up with all this work???

JuiceSpike
08-05-05, 14:34
Jackson,

Have you ever thought about having chat rooms on the board for each section (i.e. Thailand, China, etc.)? I know that would be a lot of work to set up but members could get instant info. Also, the chat room would be a good place for the BS... Good Idea?

juice

Silver Shadow
08-10-05, 06:27
Hi Jackson>

Weird tonight (8/9/05).

I couldn't access the site, although I've dealt with some of the issues involved, over the years.

There hasn't been a problem with any other member, so I'm not sure why I am excluded.

Please let me know the problem over the next month. I'm spending two months in the Dominican Republic, and hope to report back from there.

Best,

Jim

LotsaFun
08-13-05, 06:25
Could someone reply with the link to the USA Guide? It seems to have dropped off.

Thanks,

Lotsafun

DoomBringer321
08-14-05, 05:32
This is it

http://www.usasexguide.info/

This is Doombringer321 signing off.

Crypton
08-20-05, 23:41
Jackson,

Where is the place to request senior membership? I followed the link in the FAQ page and it took to me to the first page of the forum. In any case, if there is not specific place for it, I would like to request an upgrade to senior member. Thanks.

Crypton.

Domino
08-23-05, 18:55
Jackson

I would like you to set up a Skanks in Need fund. This would operate by members sending you money when people like me give them advice. The moneys would go to humble looking skanks in the Third World. I have already billed ljohnson on the Bangladesh board US$20, the suggested standard amount, and a moron's surcharge of $20. This totals $40 he should pay in and this should probably go to little Christine in Davao to build her roof for herself and her two kids and her crazy hooker friend. (I'm fucked if I'm going to pay for it). Other eligible recipients would include any of Belguel's victims who surface. European, American, Australian, Japanese and all other first world skanks would be ineligible as would go go dancers and women without stretchmarks. The wretches pictured on the NZ board by Harry R would also be ineligible. (We are not the World Bank). This is not a rehabilitation program, merely a small redistribution program from those in need of a bonk to those in need of $20 equivalent.

Pvarjak
08-24-05, 20:14
Is there anything worng with the Argentina site? I haven't been able to log on to it.

Getting slightly nervous as I need some info soon - I'm heading down there in a few weeks.

Thanks.

The site is up and running. Yesterday more than 900 people successfully visited the site.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Thanks,

Jackson

Domino
08-25-05, 03:41
The site is up and running. Yesterday more than 900 people successfully visited the site. I don't know what else to tell you. Thanks,
Jackson
Jackson: If I remember correctly, one has to have previously posted in the Argentinian section to be a member of that site. As Pvarjak's letter is his only post and as 1-1=0, he could not have previously posted there. Please bill him $20 to the Sin fund.
Also, please note the urgency of his appeal. There are many "newbie" guys who pull stunts like that, pretending they have read the forum and then asking newbie questions. Currently there is one in the Thai photo thread and previously there was one in the Thai massage thread. When I helped the Massage guy (with my first post in that section) he pm'd me to say he had not read the forum at all.
If you are still wading through all this, the Argie problem mught be, to repeat, no previous posts = no access. The Argie site is very well maintained btw (by the way).
I got access to it just now without using passwords so it is possible to just surf in as long as one has the www address.

Pvarjak
08-25-05, 14:58
Domino and Jackson,

I'll be happy to pay you the $20.

But I've been to the Arentine site a number of times before. It's just over the past week or so, I can no longer access it. I'm not talking about posting - I'm talking about actually accessing the site.

I get error messages in Internet Explore (microsoft page that says 'we cant find www.argentinaprivate.com ) and Firefox looks and looks - and finally pops up a message saying "the connection was refused when attempting to contact www.argentinaprivate.com".

I think I've also tried another computer on my home wireless network - and also came up blank. Leads me to believe that it's Earthlink (my Internet Service Provider) or perhaps my IP is being blocked. I'll reset my DSL modem next...

I apologize for irritating you guys - but if my problem really stems from breaking the rules - I'll pay.

And I am heading down. Next weekend on LAN through Santiago.

Prokofiev
08-26-05, 14:59
sites not available

jackson,

i received an email today from you explaining the forum name changes. thanks.

but i have been unable to enter either the usa or the argentina sites for the last month.
the argentina site links to a fedora core test page.
the usa site links to nothing. the webpage will not come up at all and often locks up my computer.

i have recently changed to cox high-speed cable for my internet access. could it be my e-mail address? can't see how. my old msn is still active. can providers block paticular sites from their networks?

i'm puzzled . . .

thanks - prokofiev

Gualtier Malde
09-02-05, 20:59
Hi Jackson,

I followed the rules for requesting an upgrade to senior member, but I have heard nothing back, either in my email (which I know works fine) or in a PM. Should I continue waiting? Should I assume that you just haven't gotten to it yet? Or should I assume that something is broken in the upgrade request system?

If you decide not to grant someone their upgrade request, do you respond to them or should silence be interpreted as denial? If it is the latter, should we submit an upgrade request again at some later date, after we've participated more?

I don't want to swamp you with duplicate upgrade requests, but I would also like to be able to post without my messages being held for review. I believe I've demonstrated good citizenship in that regard. What should I do at this point?

Thanks!

Surin Boy
09-07-05, 01:30
Jackson,

Just on a general note i have to say the new opening 'newspaper' style page works very well indeed and and saves a lot of time checking for new posts in threads of interest.

A well thought out and executed addition.

Thanks

Surin Boy

BadBoy213
09-16-05, 05:32
I have many pic to post but if I have to pay to see others and i have to post them for free? Why would I do that? You should at least make it free to people who contributed there pictures. I have about 25 pictures to Post but now I'm not posting for sure.

Mr. Jackson think for a second.

But I do agree we should Help Mr. Jackson for his hard work.

Roman Guy
09-18-05, 15:03
Jackson,
as already reported to you before,I opened by mistake a new thread in the Italian section:Chinese on Beach.

It is because I tried to post a report but as new upgraded member i have pressed the wrong botton to create a thread.

Please Jackson,just to keep the forum "clean" would you mind to delete that folder?

Thanx.

Luis The Great
09-18-05, 23:29
First and formost this is an excellent site. I am going to contribute to the forum once my 30 day trial expires paying my dues. But I would like to comment on things that should be changed.

1) I'm not a senior member but contribute Pictures. Maybe I should get a disscount since I contribute pictures. I have a feeling that picture contribution will fall once everyone has to pay.

2)I have gotten and responded to about 20 PMs regarding my posts. Can't I get some kind of discount? You are going to make money out of this PM thing so If I cant recieve how will people contact me for advise.

With all that is said everyone should contribute either $$$$ or give advise and don't forget the pictures. This is a valuable source of information.

Mr. Jackson you have every right to make $$$. You must put in a lot of time and effort and money to run this site. Its not easy. I think the regular members agree this was coming.

CA Traveler
09-27-05, 15:29
I just discovered something that others may or may not know... A tip of the hat to Jackson for banning email addresses...

IF you search for your email address... AND you have ever posted it on WSG or any other sex travel site... it will probably be pulled up as a hit!

SO, if your bride or SO happens to search one or all of your emails, it will IMMEDIATELY point you out as having visited that site! Talk about a smoking gun!!! :(

THIS not a problem with the new rules on WSG, but it could be a problem if you are on other boards AND, more importantly, if you have been around a while and have posts in the archives that date back before the WSG rules change!

BE WARNED!!!!

Jackson... as a suggestion, is it possible to go back in the archives with search for "@" and delete ALL email addresses?

OldAsiaHand
10-29-05, 06:17
Jackson,

On the occassion of my 1,000th post, I want to thank you again for this forum. It has been an invaluable resource for me. I continue to meet many great mongering buddies and can always find action as I travel around the world.

I sure hope you have an opportunity to travel to China in the not too distant future so I can thank you personally. Our offer still stands.

All the best,

OAH

Freeler
10-29-05, 19:11
OAH,

Many congrats on your 1,000th post!

Dear Editor,

You have kindly included the 'quote' button in this forum. All would be well if posters used it with discretion and only to quote the part of the post they wanted to reply to. Now, all to often posters quote ENTIRE posts, just to say: 'Huh, nice post'...
Waste of space comes to mind.
Were the old days, from before the quote button, really that bad that we cannot go back to them?

Regards,
Freeler

Wukong
11-01-05, 15:40
Dear Mr. Jackson,

Thank you so much for promoting my membership to a senior member of this forum as I concede that such expression of gratitude has been long overdue and I hope that the delay would not dilute the significance and value of my appreciation to you. Once again, thank you.

Marconista
11-08-05, 00:31
Dear Jackson,

I know you have various categories of members in the forum, such as "regular member", "senior member" and "advertiser" (and maybe more).

Since you have let "dannah mae" / "dannah marie" (she has two usernames, as having difficulties logging in to the forum with the first one. BTW; I checked it out, and can confirm that it is the same person with two usernames!) become a member as a provider of services to the members, I suggest that you put such members under a category called "SERVICE PROVIDER" (or similar).

Further, I suggest that you limit their access to other threads in the forum than what they were first given access to, to avoid poluting the forum.

Thanks for listening :)

Marconista
11-08-05, 00:35
Dear Jackson,

When members want to send PM's to other members, how can we be sure that the receiver get the PM?

Is there a way that you can "mark" those regular members that have a paid subscription for us to know that they will receive the PM's we send them?
Or - will we be informed when trying to send a PM to a member that is not allowed to use the PM-function of the forum?

marconista out, for today!

Scorpio33
11-09-05, 14:58
Dear Jackson,

I've had a subscription for the past few weeks, and I've not had any difficulties until today. For some reason, I'm now unable to access any of the photos. Whenever I do so, I'm taken to a page for membership subscriptions. This is happening even though I'm logged into the website and it shows that my subscription is in fact active. There's no problem to access private messages, just the photos.

Thanks for a great site!

Regards,

PB