PDA

View Full Version : Food in Tijuana

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

ScatManDoo
03-17-18, 05:58
So last time I got some tacos at the stand next to Hong Kong the tacos were 1 dollar and 25 cents and they refused to break dollars, luckily I had quarters on me. Is that the standard price or do the tacos guys just not like me?I get the Al Pastor tacos at the stand on Nino Heroes near HK and get charged 18 pesos.

Captain Solo
03-18-18, 14:39
Taco stands in Mexico have their honor system, in which customers eat first, pay later. But the HK stand had problems with guys who ate then just walk away.

About 2 years a go, that taco stand started collecting money before serving tacos. That was when the Al Pastor taco price went up from $1 to $1. 25 or 22 pesos now. The cashier guy is always fumbling with change down to the single peso coins. That's the new Al Pastor price. I don't think they are charging Gringos extra.

Again, it's small change but a matter of principle, if the taco stand is charging gringos more than locals. Can other bros check it out?

ScottHall
04-03-18, 13:36
I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but one of the chicas is ready for a date. She said Japanese would be great. All of them are pretty much southeast of the Zona. Furasshu, Wasabi, Komasa etc. Is that a safe area to venture out to? I've been to la mansion and pass by a lot of shopping centers and restaurants but I've never actually socialized out there. If not there, is there any recommendation for a safe date spot elsewhere?

Artisttyp
04-03-18, 20:22
I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but one of the chicas is ready for a date. She said Japanese would be great. All of them are pretty much southeast of the Zona. Furasshu, Wasabi, Komasa etc. Is that a safe area to venture out to? I've been to la mansion and pass by a lot of shopping centers and restaurants but I've never actually socialized out there. If not there, is there any recommendation for a safe date spot elsewhere?All in safe areas known as La Zona Gastronomica. No worries.

Bbond
04-03-18, 22:21
IThe first thing to realize is that there are two types of Marlboro cigarettes readily available for purchase:
1). There are "Mexican Market" Marlboros intended for sale to Mexican residents in Tijuana. You can find them in Tijuana grocery stores and other brick & mortar locations. They are different than.
2). "Duty free" Marlboros, which are sold in duty free stores near the border and from sidewalk cart vendors on Revolution Ave.
To begin with, the packaging is different. The Duty Free versions look just like the Marlboro cigarettes you buy in the United States, with just the added printing of "Duty Free" on the packs and cartons.
The Marlboro "Mexican Market" cigarettes have dramatically different packaging that includes colorful pictures of cancer patients and other smokers with graphic smoking related diseases. So the two types are easy to tell apart.Also note, near the bar code on a real American pack, you will see FSC, meaning Fire Safe Cigarette, they will self extinguish if not puffed on. This fire safe additive ruins the taste for me. I much prefer the Mexican variety. After a about with pneumonia, I can no longer tolerate Marlboro red, the white, or as the box says Gold, are my preference. Also it seems, to me, the ones sold in boxes differ from the ones old in soft packs. I have several friends that bring the cheap cigarettes bought in the duty free stores into mexico, I mean the ones that are like US $8 a carton, they are terrible but they are cheap.

TomJackin
04-04-18, 08:13
So last time I got some tacos at the stand next to Hong Kong the tacos were 1 dollar and 25 cents and they refused to break dollars, luckily I had quarters on me. Is that the standard price or do the tacos guys just not like me?That is the standard price. Considering what you get for 1. 25, it is well worth the price.

The taco stand deals with pesos and if you are in a different country, it would be wise to use the local currency. I always carry pesos, but would gladly pay 2 bucks for that wonderful el pastor taco!

ScottHall
04-05-18, 00:10
All in safe areas known as La Zona Gastronomica. No worries.Appreciate it.

DavezPlace
04-13-18, 20:48
I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but one of the chicas is ready for a date. She said Japanese would be great. All of them are pretty much southeast of the Zona. Furasshu, Wasabi, Komasa etc. Is that a safe area to venture out to? I've been to la mansion and pass by a lot of shopping centers and restaurants but I've never actually socialized out there. If not there, is there any recommendation for a safe date spot elsewhere?The area you're asking about is Zona Urbana Reo. It is one of the safer areas of Tijuana, much more so than the Zona. I still wouldn't go walking around by myself at 3:00 AM, but I wouldn't do that in many areas of San Diego, either.

Flyer47
05-06-18, 06:38
Tacos El Franc vs Hong Kong Taco Stand.

I tried Tacos El Franc last year. It had very good Yelp reviews and was next to Costco. I remember being confused about where to order. Turns out people line up against the wall and wait to get seated. I remember thinking that the Hong Kong Taco stand tacos were much better. Tacos El Franc is probably safer though.

Do you guys prefer Tacos El Franc or the Hong Kong Corner Tacos?

BayBoy
06-21-18, 23:18
I will be in Tijuana in about a month from now, Can anyone recommend a good Mexican buffet for me with a lot of different Mexican food choices. Thanks.

TomJackin
06-21-18, 23:29

I tried Tacos El Franc last year. It had very good Yelp reviews and was next to Costco. I remember being confused about where to order. Turns out people line up against the wall and wait to get seated. I remember thinking that the Hong Kong Taco stand tacos were much better. Tacos El Franc is probably safer though.

Do you guys prefer Tacos El Franc or the Hong Kong Corner Tacos?I've never had Tacos El Franc and can't imagine many yelpers go near the HK stand. I also can't imagine any tacos are better elsewhere. Plus, the panocha is so damn close by!

MongerHunger
06-22-18, 01:22

Do you guys prefer Tacos El Franc or the Hong Kong Corner Tacos?I definitely prefer the "Sin Nombre" taco stand on the corner at Ninos Heros and Coahuila near HK over many other taco stands. It is my "go to" spot.

MongerHunger
06-22-18, 05:57
I will be in Tijuana in about a month from now, Can anyone recommend a good Mexican buffet for me with a lot of different Mexican food choices. Thanks.Just head over to Mr. Pampas and enjoy different choices of steaks, cuts of meat, etc with all of the fixings. Very good prices. All you can eat!

http://www.mrpampas.com/index?sec=sucursales&ciudad=tijuana

Captain Solo
06-22-18, 18:39
To Bayboy.

If you want a buffet with wide varieties of Mexican food, try Sanborn's on Revo and in Rio Plaza shopping. It's about 2,3 miles from la Zona, $3 taxi ride. Buffet food are usually bland, cold, tasteless and below average in quality, but you can sample all varieties here.

Sanborns Tijuana.

Av. Revolución 1102, Centro, 22000 Tijuana, b. c, Mexico.

BayBoy
06-22-18, 19:04
Just head over to Mr. Pampas and enjoy different choices of steaks, cuts of meat, etc with all of the fixings. Very good prices. All you can eat!

http://www.mrpampas.com/index?sec=sucursales&ciudad=tijuanaThanks for the info about the Brazilian steakhouse. I will definitely keep it in mind. I've been to Rio de Janeiro a few times. Done the Brazilian steakhouse thing a numberof times. Lots of good cuts of beef.

MongerHunger
06-22-18, 19:27
Thanks for the info about the Brazilian steakhouse. I will definitely keep it in mind. I've been to Rio de Janeiro a few times. Done the Brazilian steakhouse thing a numberof times. Lots of good cuts of beef.Cool. They have about 30 different cuts of meat. Check out the website and they may also have a special price for dining before a certain time. Glad that you found the information helpful.

Jim0129
06-23-18, 01:39

Do you guys prefer Tacos El Franc or the Hong Kong Corner Tacos?I can't believe you're even considering the crappy tacos sold at la zona with tacos el Franc, you guys should get your heads out of the pit once in a while, at least to have some descent food.

Jim0129
06-23-18, 01:48
Went to Pampa's and I was a bit disappointed. The meat was good, but not great. The other problem is that they only have to 2 or 3 waiters to bring the meat around so the service was slow.It depends on the day of the week and the time of day you go to. On weekends its always full and since its a buffet the food moves fast and is always fresh, you also have to wait in line to get in or make a reservation on the weekends.

Jim0129
06-23-18, 01:56
I love it. The best I ever had is at Tio Pepe's. It's in a residecial area behind the ice place on the free road, Maybe a $5 cab ride. It's an institution in Tijuana.

They also have their own tequila in a cask that they fill bottles with. My neighbor drinks it and he hasn't fallen over dead yet so it must be OK.

If you get down to Rosarito go to El Nido's for a steak cooked over a mesquite fire. Baked potato over the fire and tortillas (harina) made by a moma-san while you watch (also over a fire.) People come in just of pick up a bag of tortillas. Cost about half of a good steak dinner in the US. They have quail eggs for breakfast.Are you talking about the birria and tortas place? They have steak there??

Jim0129
06-23-18, 02:20
I did see Tabule. I have big chunks of blue fin tuna in my freezer just waiting for the right occasions and good companies.

The coffee place was closed with chairs stacked on tables. Pretty sad really.

I think Tijuana outside of La Zona Norte is very nice, slow, relaxed, safe, civilized and cheap, a nice place to live in with or without the pretty chicas. Looks like you moved to Tijuana. Would appreciate you write up more about normal life in Tijuana.The coffee shop is the Cafe de la Flor, I think they have three locations in the city, also try "La differencia" a mexican food place in zona rio.

BayBoy
06-23-18, 02:36
To Bayboy.

If you want a buffet with wide varieties of Mexican food, try Sanborn's on Revo and in Rio Plaza shopping. It's about 2,3 miles from la Zona, $3 taxi ride. Buffet food are usually bland, cold, tasteless and below average in quality, but you can sample all varieties here.

Sanborns Tijuana.

Av. Revolucin 1102, Centro, 22000 Tijuana, b. c, Mexico.I'm glad you mentioned Sanborn's, I thought they had a buffet from looking at their website. My first choice is a Mexican buffet and then a Brazilian buffet.

Jim0129
06-23-18, 02:48
I've been looking at this thread expecting good reports from people who have been coming to Tijuana for years now and I couldn't believe that the only reports that I see are for places right next to la zona, get out of your comfort zone PEOPLE! The tacos at the corner of HK are NOT the best in Tijuana! They maybe be the only ones you've had in Tijuana but they are NOT the best! You're giving information about your breakfast on the restaurant right next to HK? Really? The seafood place on the pedestrian walkway between la zona and the border? Really!

Tijuana has gone thru a gastronomical revolution and you didn't even noticed, this is Anthony Bourdain talking about Tijuana in San Diego a couple of years back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKap0W8sSU

Start by trying these restaurants:

El Taller. (BajaMed in Zona Rio).

La Diferencia. (Mexican in Zona Rio).

La Telefonica (food truck place).

Tacos El Franc (Zona Rio).

Tacos El Gallito (Otay).

Tacos El Frances (Playas).

Casa Placencia (In front of las torres).

Palominos (Sonora Style Steak, Zona Rio).

La Espadaña (Mexican Style Breakfast).

Villa Saverios (BajaMed, Zona Rio).

The most adventurous of you went to Caesar's on Revolucion, and I think that you ran back to your hotel room right after.

Travv
06-23-18, 03:46
If you are going to try Sanborns, the best day is for their Sunday Brunch. There is a Sanborn's on Revolucion by the old Jai Alai Sports Palace and Caliente's across the street due South. The Sunday Brunch was better in my experience because they had a huge selection of fresh juices of all types and fresh steak. You picked the steak you wanted, told them how you wanted it cooked, then they would bring it to your table, plus the usual hot buffet plus hot soup, salad, and selection of pies and deserts. Also Sanborn's has a monthly ice cream special. Usually flavor like Blueberry or Papaya that they make themselves. You'll have to ask the waiter what the monthly flavor is if you want to try it.

I'm glad you mentioned Sanborn's, I thought they had a buffet from looking at their website. My first choice is a Mexican buffet and then a Brazilian buffet.

DrMcNaughty
06-23-18, 17:24
Is dope! One of my faves anywhere in world! Local took me to taco stand w best al astor tacos ever. I don't remember name, just how to walk there. The ceviche w shrimp is the bomb at azul.

BayBoy
06-23-18, 18:16
If you are going to try Sanborns, the best day is for their Sunday Brunch. There is a Sanborn's on Revolucion by the old Jai Alai Sports Palace and Caliente's across the street due South. The Sunday Brunch was better in my experience because they had a huge selection of fresh juices of all types and fresh steak. You picked the steak you wanted, told them how you wanted it cooked, then they would bring it to your table, plus the usual hot buffet plus hot soup, salad, and selection of pies and deserts. Also Sanborn's has a monthly ice cream special. Usually flavor like Blueberry or Papaya that they make themselves. You'll have to ask the waiter what the monthly flavor is if you want to try it.Thanks for the info about Sanborns. How much do they charge for the buffet / brunch?

Simmer
06-23-18, 21:52
Tacos El Frances (Playas).I can vouch for this one. I was the only non-local in there, very busy. I stayed in an AirBnB a couple of blocks away and that was my nearest restaurant. I'm not sure if it's only open for dinner though. Definitely not breakfast.

Jim0129
06-24-18, 02:49
I can vouch for this one. I was the only non-local in there, very busy. I stayed in an AirBnB a couple of blocks away and that was my nearest restaurant. I'm not sure if it's only open for dinner though. Definitely not breakfast.Tacos El Frances is a taco stand, well they grew so now its an establisment, they open in the afternoon, I don't know if they have birria tacos in the morning.

Jim0129
06-24-18, 02:56
I'm glad you mentioned Sanborn's, I thought they had a buffet from looking at their website. My first choice is a Mexican buffet and then a Brazilian buffet.Real Inn Hotel has a really nice Mexican Breakfast Buffet on weekends, just show up at the lobby and they'll let you know where the restaurant is.

Artisttyp
06-25-18, 02:20
Someone posted this link on a website away from the mongering community. It works like a local search engine for restaurants in different Tijuana neighborhoods. I played with it a little while and think it might serve a few of the members here.

http://toptijuana.com

Captain Solo
06-25-18, 20:05
To Artistype.

That's a nice link.

Search under seafood or mariscos in El Centro had no listing.

Search under tacos brought up a few places. Tacos El Franc seems to worth a visit. It's on Taboada South of Costco, corner Hidalgo, about 3,4 miles South of La Zona. It has all sorts of meats, tongue and tripe ect cooked different ways. It's worth getting out of the gritty Zona Norte for lunch then a tour of the Mercado Hidalgo.

Wonder if other goodies are also listed in this site.

Someone posted this link on a website away from the mongering community. It works like a local search engine for restaurants in different Tijuana neighborhoods. I played with it a little while and think it might serve a few of the members here.

http://toptijuana.com

Travv
06-26-18, 05:41
Dropped in there for a late Sunday breakfast and to watch the soccer game on their TVs. Waitress recommended the Egg enchiladas with bean sauce and since I had the Machaca with scrambled eggs the last time, I went with her suggestion, along with some hot chocolate. Big bowl of fresh salsa and a bowl of habanero hot sauce and chips and large platter of three egg enchiladas with bean sauce arrived. This restaurant has been around for years and caters to American taste. Free parking outside and next to the Jai Alai palace on Revolucion close to the Ticuan Hotel. Overall, I preferred the scrambled eggs with machaca and corn tortillas to make scrambled egg tacos with salsa, but the egg burritos were good too. (FYI, The egg enchiladas I believe are called the Estilo Toluacan with bean sauce if you want to try them yourself).

Phordphan
07-01-18, 21:00
Thanks for the info about Sanborns. How much do they charge for the buffet / brunch?Just FYI, Sanborn's tends to have just about the worst food available in Tijuana. It's not that it's done badly, it's just this side of flavorless. Imagine a low-end Denny's, food-wise. That's not a super-great comparison, because I like Denny's from time to time. I never, ever, eat at Sanborn's.

You'll be hard pressed to find a buffet of any sort serving what you ask, I. E. Numerous Mexican specialties. There are a few breakfast buffets at hotels that cater to gringos. Hotel Pueblo Amigo has a rather nice one. Villa de Zaragoza has a small one, but it's fairly decent. However, if you're looking for a Vegas-style buffet there aren't any. There are a few Chinese food buffets around town, but that's not what you're after. Any buffet you find serving Mexican food (other than previously mentioned) will often be substandard, poorly prepared and many times cold from neglect. The only one I can recall offhand was one in a restaurant in Plaza Rio called California something-or-other. I went once with a GF, food was horrible, never went back, and it failed some time later.

A buffet doesn't seem to be a cultural thing in Mexico. For one, they are hideously expensive to produce due to food wastage. I think that's a big reason why food in a buffet there tends to sit far too long before being discarded. And so much of buffet food has to be something that can sit in a steam table. So, think enchiladas covered with some glop.

In any case, you'll be far better served to set your sights on some finer dining. There are hundreds of good places to eat in Tijuana, serving "real" Mexican food that you'll never find anywhere else. The phrase Baja Med has been seriously overused, but the concept is valid. Baja has an amazing cornucopia of different foods, from meats, to fresh seafood, to amazing produce, to top-notch wines. Just about any restaurant specializing in this sort of 100% locally sourced food will be worth a visit, with the top two, IMO, being Mision 19 and Corazon de Tierra. CdT is a bit far if you're coming for only a couple of days. But M19 is well worth the visit. If you're a member you can PM me with any preferences and I can probably make a recommendation.

Flyer47
07-04-18, 12:26
I usually eat about 10 fresh and whole habaneros a day, typically in one meal. Where is a safe place in Tijuana where I can buy habaneros? Walmart or an open air market maybe?

StRobert
07-04-18, 20:54
"Crossing South Travel Show"- I like this TV program on the KPBS channel. Host Jorge visits restaurants and places of interest in Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and Baja. For example here is video link "Taco tour" (Birria tacos, Tacos Franc and Kokopelli tacos) http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/taco-tour/ Here is a link to webpage and all videos http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/.

Jim0129
07-04-18, 22:49
I usually eat about 10 fresh and whole habaneros a day, typically in one meal. Where is a safe place in Tijuana where I can buy habaneros? Walmart or an open air market maybe?If you want them fresh you can find them at Mercado Hidalgo, it's an open market, its in the rio zone, just ask any Uber driver or Taxi driver to take you there.

Captain Solo
07-05-18, 22:58
To StRoberts.

Very nice link, but missing a tour of the world-famous La Zona Norte with her the luscious, sexy chicas. Hehe.

On Taboada South of Tacos El frances shows this Mariscos Negro Durazo. The seafood looks delicious and portions look huge.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mariscos-negro-durazo-tijuana

La Perla has gone down hill the last few years. I hardly see customers inside even on weekends. La Perla's menu is small without elaborate Mexican seafood dishes and the portions are small, very small. I hate it.

My favorite seafood place is Titos, a chain with 1 place on O'Campo and Calle 6, convenient on the way in from the border to El Centro. It has a large menu with some exotic and delicious dishes in huge portion, low prices, served with cold beers. A 35-peso shrimp taco would fill me up. The shrimp coctele in a large goblet full of large fresh shrimp is 90 pesos or $4. 50. Even my picky Japanese wingman was impressed. Every guy I introduce Mexican shrimp coctele to would fall in love with it and have to have it every visit.

You can have seats at Tito's bar looking into the kitchen where they prepare elaborate dishes. They always have half dozen large sea bass grilled over charcoal in front of the place.

Look at those pics.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mariscos-titos-playas-de-tijuana-tijuana?osq=titos+mariscos.

"Crossing South Travel Show"- I like this TV program on the KPBS channel. Host Jorge visits restaurants and places of interest in Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and Baja. For example here is video link "Taco tour" (Birria tacos, Tacos Franc and Kokopelli tacos) http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/taco-tour/ Here is a link to webpage and all videos http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/.

WombatEd2
07-07-18, 01:48
I went to Tacos El Frances, in Playas, last Tuesday with a local friend.

They had only soda pop to drink.

I ordered 3 tacos asadas with NO GUACAMOLE.

The tacos were absolutely delicious, after I scraped off the generous helping of GUACAMOLE. (GRIN).

StRobert
07-07-18, 08:03
To StRoberts.

Very nice link, but missing a tour of the world-famous La Zona Norte with her the luscious, sexy chicas. Hehe.

On Taboada South of Tacos El frances shows this Mariscos Negro Durazo. The seafood looks delicious and portions look huge.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mariscos-negro-durazo-tijuana

La Perla has gone down hill the last few years. I hardly see customers inside even on weekends. La Perla's menu is small without elaborate Mexican seafood dishes and the portions are small, very small. I hate it.

My favorite seafood place is Titos, a chain with 1 place on O'Campo and Calle 6, convenient on the way in from the border to El Centro. It has a large menu with some exotic and delicious dishes in huge portion, low prices, served with cold beers. A 35-peso shrimp taco would fill me up. The shrimp coctele in a large goblet full of large fresh shrimp is 90 pesos or $4. 50. Even my picky Japanese wingman was impressed. Every guy I introduce Mexican shrimp coctele to would fall in love with it and have to have it every visit.

You can have seats at Tito's bar looking into the kitchen where they prepare elaborate dishes. They always have half dozen large sea bass grilled over charcoal in front of the place.

Look at those pics.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mariscos-titos-playas-de-tijuana-tijuana?osq=titos+mariscos.

"Crossing South Travel Show"- I like this TV program on the KPBS channel. Host Jorge visits restaurants and places of interest in Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and Baja. For example here is video link "Taco tour" (Birria tacos, Tacos Franc and Kokopelli tacos) http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/taco-tour/ Here is a link to webpage and all videos http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/.Thanks for the links to the restaurant I have to visit them. Videos from Tijuana Zone Norte are on YouTube. Search on YouTube: Tijuana Zone Norte, Tijuana Adelitas or Tijuana Hong Kong etc. For example link from Adelitas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG3XpZXh2IY..

Simmer
07-07-18, 17:43
I went to Tacos El Frances, in Playas, last Tuesday with a local friend.

They had only soda pop to drink.I had beers there last month so maybe they ran out, rather than never serving it ever. Waiter reeled off a few choices, though I don't remember them all. Note the McDonald's wrappers!

Captain Solo
07-08-18, 04:53
Correction: due to my bad memory with numbers, Titos' shrimp tacos costs only 25 peso per the menu, fish tacos 19 pesos.

Look at the huge sizes of those tacos in the pics.

StRobert
07-13-18, 08:10
"Colectivo 9" Avenida Revolucion 1265 between Calle 6 and Calle 7 - I was at this restaurant recently. From Hong Kong (walk about 20 minutes) on Saturday evening around 8 PM. A lot of people on Avenida Revolucion and I felt safe. This is 9 different restaurants like a food court. The customer orders food and pay at the counter, get a number and the waiter will bring food to the table. I ordered from Japanese restaurant "Tatami" salmon in Japanese style with rice and vegetables 120 pesos and ice lemonades 30 pesos, total 150 pesos (about US $ 8). Salmon was great (the best salmon I've ever eaten). Next time I will come back for tacos or empanadas. Here is yelp link https://www.yelp.com/biz/colectivo-9-tijuana?osq=Restaurants+++++++++9 and a link to the web page http://www.colectivo9.com/.

Cheerfull
07-13-18, 09:52
Where is the best place in Tijuana for a fresh meal of lobster, beans, and tortillas. Years ago would drive to Rosarito just for the lobster, fresh tortillas and beans. What would a meal cost?

Artisttyp
07-13-18, 17:09
Where is the best place in Tijuana for a fresh meal of lobster, beans, and tortillas. Years ago would drive to Rosarito just for the lobster, fresh tortillas and beans. What would a meal cost?You can try Villa Marina. The lobster is good but I wasn't crazy about their side plates. My dream is to find a place that serves lobster with garlic spinach and mac and cheese. No such luck in Tijuana.

Baxter Slade
07-13-18, 20:16
You can try Villa Marina. The lobster is good but I wasn't crazy about their side plates. My dream is to find a place that serves lobster with garlic spinach and mac and cheese. No such luck in Tijuana.Maybe its a good time to avoid Tijuana and all the gun violence and meet me at San Manuel for all you can eat lobster tails. I did see spinach but you might have to bring your own garlic.

Artisttyp
07-13-18, 21:36
Maybe its a good time to avoid Tijuana and all the gun violence and meet me at San Manuel for all you can eat lobster tails. I did see spinach but you might have to bring your own garlic.What is San Manuel?

Phordphan
07-14-18, 18:08
What is San Manuel?It's a Indian casino known for its buffet.

Captain Solo
07-14-18, 18:46
San Manuel is a casino San Bernardino with all you can eat lobster for $35 Wednesday night. Other casinos around San Diego have similar AYCE lobster nights.

The lobster are pieces of re-hydrated lobster tails that are tasteless.

It's not worth going out of the way for this kind of lobster.

StRobert
07-18-18, 08:42
"Colectivo 9" Avenida Revolucion 1265 between Calle 6 and Calle 7 - I was at this restaurant recently. From Hong Kong (walk about 20 minutes) on Saturday evening around 8 PM. A lot of people on Avenida Revolucion and I felt safe. This is 9 different restaurants like a food court. The customer orders food and pay at the counter, get a number and the waiter will bring food to the table. I ordered from Japanese restaurant "Tatami" salmon in Japanese style with rice and vegetables 120 pesos and ice lemonades 30 pesos, total 150 pesos (about US $ 8). Salmon was great (the best salmon I've ever eaten). Next time I will come back for tacos or empanadas. Here is yelp link https://www.yelp.com/biz/colectivo-9-tijuana?osq=Restaurants+++++++++9 and a link to the web page http://www.colectivo9.com/.On the last Saturday around 8 PM I was again in Colectivo 9, a pleasant walk from Hong Kong. This time I ordered 3 empanadas (total 75 pesos). Also, they have air condition pub with craft beer (70 pesos for a tall glass) and bottled beer. You can eat in the pub, or buy beer and eat outside in the food court. There is also a place with espresso coffee and restroom. Generally a nice place, the service is young people and there are no annoying waiters.

HornyIndo
07-20-18, 05:23
I enjoyed Jimmy's fish taco's while I was there. He is the first cart on the crossing of Constitucion and Coahuila.

25 pesos or 1 $ for a plate, I got full with 2 of those.

He seems to cater to lot of local businesses as well, I saw lot of takeouts in small carry bags taken by security and other employees of nearby establishment.

On my last day I met couple of chica's eating spicy shrimp tacos there, struck up a nice conversation with them though they were not interested in what I was interested.

Captain Solo
07-26-18, 18:01
To HornyIndo.

Ya, the fish tacos with fish fillets dipped in batter and deep fried in lard (smell good and taste delicious, a good deal for 25 pesos. The spicy shrimp and cheese tacos are excellent for 45 pesos. But a big meal with high fat content could weigh your stomach down and interfere with your libido.

Try his seven-seas mixed sea food soup, (sopa de siete mare) with chunks of shrimp, fish, crab, octopus, vegetables. It's similar to the French Bouillabaise and is delicious. Who says we can't have high cuisine in Tijuana? The girls would sit on the stools, dine on sea food tacos here. They would talk among themselves, kid around and tease guys, and almost always tip the workers generously.

Across the street near the school girls corner is the seafood cart with clams, oyster and cockles on display. That guy makes a delicious shrimp coctele for 50 pesos, and all sorts of raw sea food on the shells for cheap. His seafood is fresher and tastier than all other places in Tijuana, including La Perla, not to mention cheaper. Every guy ever tried that shrimp coctele would get addicted. It's a very good way to eat blanched seafood in a marinade of shrimp broth, clamato, lime juice, ketchup and salsa.

A few of my wingmen, who had never eaten raw seafood, got hooked on various ways Mexicans serve sea food in spicy lime juice with crackers and tostada. Hehe.

I don't know if you are against eating beef. If not, you should take a 50-peso cab ride to Mr. Pampas Churrascaria on Paseo de LOS Heroes for all you can eat grilled beef, pork, mutton, chicken, seafood. It's a big, delicious dinner for $11 or 230 pesos on weeknights.

ScatManDoo
07-26-18, 22:38
On my last day I met couple of chica's eating spicy shrimp tacos there, struck up a nice conversation with them though they were not interested in what I was interested.Their Fish.

Travv
07-28-18, 06:42
Talked to a guy today who highly recommended the Sirloin Stockade in Tijuana. Said it was packed when he visited it today. Didn't know there was one in Mexico and so I checked it out on Tripadvisor and it had good reviews. Anyone here try it? Address is: Ramon Alarid # 15601-34.

Gas why Anexas, Tijuana 22115, Mexico.

To HornyIndo.

Ya, the fish tacos with fish fillets dipped in batter and deep fried in lard (smell good and taste delicious, a good deal for 25 pesos. The spicy shrimp and cheese tacos are excellent for 45 pesos. But a big meal with high fat content could weigh your stomach down and interfere with your libido.

Try his seven-seas mixed sea food soup, (sopa de siete mare) with chunks of shrimp, fish, crab, octopus, vegetables. It's similar to the French Bouillabaise and is delicious. Who says we can't have high cuisine in Tijuana? The girls would sit on the stools, dine on sea food tacos here. They would talk among themselves, kid around and tease guys, and almost always tip the workers generously.

Across the street near the school girls corner is the seafood cart with clams, oyster and cockles on display. That guy makes a delicious shrimp coctele for 50 pesos, and all sorts of raw sea food on the shells for cheap. His seafood is fresher and tastier than all other places in Tijuana, including La Perla, not to mention cheaper. Every guy ever tried that shrimp coctele would get addicted..

ClamSlammer
07-28-18, 07:21
Talked to a guy today who highly recommended the Sirloin Stockade in Tijuana. Said it was packed when he visited it today. Didn't know there was one in Mexico and so I checked it out on Tripadvisor and it had good reviews. Anyone here try it? Address is: Ramon Alarid # 15601-34.

Gas why Anexas, Tijuana 22115, Mexico.Sirloin Stockade is located across from Las Carpas swap meet just before Plaza Carousel. Their food is complete garbage. Even all the poor locals I know don't like their food. Pay a little more and go to Mr Pampas in Zona Rio, it's only like $240 mx if you go after 7 pm.

Captain Solo
07-28-18, 15:35
To Travv.\,

That looks pretty good. They do have AYCE sirloin steak with tacos and sushi. Worth trying.

It's off Benito Juarez, 5 to 6 miles South of La Zona Norte.

Captain Solo
07-28-18, 21:12
Mr. Pampas special dinner deal costs 230 pesos after 7 PM week nights. The beefs are mostly well-done and overcooked but OK with large varieties. A bottle of wine costs 300 pesos min. The Chilean wines are good, nothing unpleasant. Mr. Pampas is a nice, clean upscale restaurant off Ave de LOS Heroes near Plaza Rio, only 3 or 4 miles South of La Zona Norte, a 50-peso Uber ride, and should definitely be visited by the bros after some romping in the hotel first.

Sirloin Stockade shows nice pictures of AYCE rare sirloin steaks, plus various tacos and enchiladas and sushi. This is a good place for the bros to try varieties of Mexican food. I searched but could not find the menu or prices for this place. Dinner price is probably less than Mr. Pampas.

This food park is Also highly rated for lunch with large varieties of food:

Telefónica Gastro Park, Blvd. Aguacaliente 8924 Col. Zona Este 22000 Tijuana, Baja California Zona Centro.

HornyIndo
07-28-18, 22:21
Thanks Captain, will try some more next time I am there, hopefully in a few weeks time.

I am not much into food or alcohol, so my mind stays sharp and focused on sex, LOL.

To HornyIndo.

Try his seven-seas mixed sea food soup, (sopa de siete mare) with chunks of shrimp, fish, crab, octopus, vegetables. It's similar to the French Bouillabaise and is delicious. Who says we can't have high cuisine in Tijuana? The girls would sit on the stools, dine on sea food tacos here. They would talk among themselves, kid around and tease guys, and almost always tip the workers generously..

CountryMan54
08-03-18, 20:19
Where is the best place in the zona norte to get regular coffee and breakfast?

Captain Solo
08-03-18, 23:54
To CountryMan54.

I too have to search for a good cup of coffee in La Zona in the morning.

Azul and Monaco feed you tasteless, flavorless instant coffee.

La Perla would brew coffee for your breakfast, but they are slow to fire up the pot. Their breakfast is average.

The little restaurant in the alley, across HK's back door, serves decent breakfast with brewed coffee. Just ask them to bring sugar and cream out separately so they don't kill it with sugar.

OXXO brews good hot coffees. Just buy a large coffee for 20 pesos and take it to your favorite restaurant for breakfast.

Travv
08-04-18, 00:17
Ricardo's Restaurant a street behind the Jai Alai palace on Revolucion has a 1950's style dinner with very fresh breakfasts with a basket on Danish pastries. Excellent Naranajadas and Limonadas like Slurpees from 7_11's for hot days. For a local breakfast in ZN, La Perla has good scrambled eggs with bacon and tortillas de maiz with fresh salsa for 40 pesos. Make your own egg tacos with the best salsa in Tijuana!

Where is the best place in the zona norte to get regular coffee and breakfast?

ScatManDoo
08-04-18, 00:49
Where is the best place in the zona norte to get regular coffee and breakfast?La Perla on the NW corner of Coahuila and Nino Heroes.

Most places in LZ will serve you instant coffee, but La Perla freshly brews it. In the past, I've enjoyed their seafood omelets. I agree with a friend of mine to always get an order of fresh guacamole with your meal when you dine there.

Ctytek
08-04-18, 05:54
Where is the best place in the zona norte to get regular coffee and breakfast?Take a walk out of Zona Norte. Plenty of good coffee in places like Praga, Bresca, Container Coffee and many more. Plenty of life in Tijuana beyond the ratero infested Zona.

CountryMan54
08-04-18, 16:15
Take a walk out of Zona Norte. Plenty of good coffee in places like Praga, Bresca, Container Coffee and many more. Plenty of life in Tijuana beyond the ratero infested Zona.Is it safe to walk to container coffee from Cascada or do I need to take a taxi?

Simmer
08-04-18, 19:07
How / what is the free breakfast on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at HK? I could have had it but it didn't start until 10 am and I had to be gone by 9.

Captain Solo
08-04-18, 19:12
A few cool bros claim breakfast and coffee in La Zona have those sexy, feminine scents, far better than anything outside of La Zona hehe.

Asting
08-05-18, 02:45
How / what is the free breakfast on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at HK? I could have had it but it didn't start until 10 am and I had to be gone by 9.Not bad for free!

It comes with 2 eggs, ham, fries, thin slice steak, and fruits. All in one plate with tortilla on the side. No drinks!

BayBoy
08-05-18, 19:48
I was recently in Tijuana and had a chance to go to Mr. Pampas (Brazilian buffet). This is my experience.

BASE COST: 330 pesos on a Friday ($17) + drinks. Not that much for Gringos but probably a splurge for Mexicans. The crowd looked better dressed and more upscale than the El Centro people.

Each table had a flag / box thing. On the green side it said Gracias Si or Obrigado Simm. That meant that the skewer dudes had the green lite to bring the beef. If you moved the flag to red, it said Gracias No or Obrigado Nao which meant to not bring the skewers.

The skewer dudes had bife steak, res, pollo, pechuga, sausage etc. I had one cut of beef that was very tasty. But I enjoyed most of the cuts.

SALAD and DESSERT BARS: Big selection of about 15 colorful / lite salads. Beet, tomato, carrot, macaroni, green salads etc. Good choices. There were various desserts (I didn't try any). But only 3 fruits. I was disappointed they only had watermelon, cantaloupe and honey dew.

I was the only single person there, with a few gringos speaking English. Lots of Mexicans in the inner dining room.

Nice meal would go again. I actually walked it from El Centro (35 min.) and back.

Simmer
08-05-18, 20:31
Not bad for free!

It comes with 2 eggs, ham, fries, thin slice steak, and fruits. All in one plate with tortilla on the side. No drinks!Thanks. Definitely worth a try if you can wait that long. More brunch than breakfast!

MongerHunger
08-05-18, 23:33
I was recently in Tijuana and had a chance to go to Mr. Pampas (Brazilian buffet). This is my experience.

BASE COST: 330 pesos on a Friday ($17) + drinks. Not that much for Gringos but probably a splurge for Mexicans. The crowd looked better dressed and more upscale than the El Centro people.

Each table had a flag / box thing. On the green side it said Gracias Si or Obrigado Simm. That meant that the skewer dudes had the green lite to bring the beef. If you moved the flag to red, it said Gracias No or Obrigado Nao which meant to not bring the skewers.

The skewer dudes had bife steak, res, pollo, pechuga, sausage etc. I had one cut of beef that was very tasty. But I enjoyed most of the cuts..Glad that you liked Pampas. I remember suggesting it to you when you were asking about buffet options a little bit ago and you said that you would consider it because you had tried in Brazil before. It's good to get out of Zona Norte and switch it up a bit.

Captain Solo
08-06-18, 03:18
To bayboy,

Dinner after 7 on weekday costs only $11 or 187 NMP for all sorts of beef cuts, some pork, mutton and seafood.

This meal is delicious and it's a steal. The Brazilian churrascarias in LA cost $50 for lunch and $75 for dinner. They don't have too many guests so can't grill all different cuts. It's sad.

The beef in Mr. Pampas is sliced thin and overcooked, including the tenderloin or fillet mignon, but the big chunks of sirloin are still rare and juicy, the grilled pork so tasty and tender. In Brazil, my favorite cut is the hump on a bull. Don't know what they call it, but it tastes tender, flavorful and buttery, the best cut in the beef. When is Mr. Pampas smart enough to grill it?

The bros should pull their dicks out of the putas for a brief recess for Mr. Pampas delicious dinner. Tell the chicas you want to take them to Mr. Pampas for dinner. They would be so happy and their crotches would get so wet after eating hehe.

BayBoy
08-06-18, 21:01
Next time will go during the week after 7 pm, save a few pesos. Show me the beef, one cut had some great salsa, very sweet and tender.

Asting
08-07-18, 04:15
I went to Pampas not to long ago with a friend on a weekday evening. We waited for 20 minutes for a table. All the locals were wearing nice button up shirts and dress pants, the women were wearing dresses. We were wearing just shorts and t-shirts from the zona. First time there. We didn't know that place is like fine dining for them because all we know is cheap if you go after seven. We felt like a tourist and out of place. LOL.

Food was good though, and every five / ten minutes they sing and celebrate customers birthday.

HornyIndo
08-13-18, 19:34
I tried out the restaurant next to Piri pharmacy opposite the wax museum.

This is the place which has waiters in bright colored t-shirts trying to get people into their place.

I found the food to be good. Fish filet (with rice and tortilla) is MX145, quantity is enough to fill me up.

Pancakes are MX70, again enough for a good breakfast.

They also have drinks which I did not try.

CountryMan54
08-13-18, 20:40
La Perla on the NW corner of Coahuila and Nino Heroes.

Most places in LZ will serve you instant coffee, but La Perla freshly brews it. In the past, I've enjoyed their seafood omelets. I agree with a friend of mine to always get an order of fresh guacamole with your meal when you dine there.La Perlas food was amazing!

Travv
08-17-18, 23:46
MEXICO City (AP) - Fancy a tarantula taco for a cool $27? Not so fast, Mexican authorities say. . . The only problem: The Mexican red rump tarantula is a protected species.

The federal environmental protection agency said Tuesday it was alerted to the situation via social media and seized four tarantula corpses that were ready to be served up on tortillas.

The restaurant's menu also features other creepy-crawlies such as grasshoppers, worms and ant eggs, which have a long tradition in Mexican cuisine, and scorpions, which are less common.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/restaurant-busted-over-protected-tarantula-tacos

I think if you want some, vendors near the cathedral sell bags of fried grasshoppers. (Look like grasshoppers, but hope they aren't cockroaches.

MongerHunger
08-18-18, 02:12
MEXICO City (AP) - Fancy a tarantula taco for a cool $27? Not so fast, Mexican authorities say. . . The only problem: The Mexican red rump tarantula is a protected species.

The federal environmental protection agency said Tuesday it was alerted to the situation via social media and seized four tarantula corpses that were ready to be served up on tortillas.

The restaurant's menu also features other creepy-crawlies such as grasshoppers, worms and ant eggs, which have a long tradition in Mexican cuisine, and scorpions, which are less common.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/restaurant-busted-over-protected-tarantula-tacos

I think if you want some, vendors near the cathedral sell bags of fried grasshoppers. (Look like grasshoppers, but hope they aren't cockroaches.I once seen an episode of "Bizarre Foods" and they were in Asia. A single mother would go out in the jungle every day and catch tarantulas and deep fry them then sell them on the streets. The host Zimmerman said that they had a nutty flavor.

Captain Solo
08-19-18, 18:06
This is Mexico's unique beef vegetable soup with a clear broth. Vegetables include corn, squash, potatoes, carrot. Restaurants around La Zona serve it usually only for lunch or dinner at 75 pesos, including rice, tortilla and salsa. I always like Caldo de Rez as a comfort dish, light and tasty but not filling, between the romps in bed with Mexico's finest senoritas hehe.

While other places serve Caldo de Rez in a big bowl with big chunks of soup bones, Monaco made its soup with pure flank steak, about 1 pound per serving, which make both the broth tasty and the beef very tasty. For 95 pesos it's a very good meal.

The bros should forget their fascination with burned tarantulas and try this tasty soup instead.

Colfaxer
08-31-18, 14:39
I know this seems odd; but I much prefer flour tortillas. Call me a gringo; ha! When I head to Tijuana, I tend to only eat at the street taco stands. Anyone know if there's one with flour tortillas? Thanks!

StRobert
08-31-18, 21:48
For visitors in San Diego County. You do not have to spend a small fortune on restaurants in downtown San Diego. I recommend these places (not in Tijuana) but close to the border with Mexico in Chula Vista: "Buffet House" Chinese cuisine all you can eat the price of about $ 11- $ 15. Chicken, seafood, sushi, beef, salads, fruits, etc. Drinks included. Opposite the trolley station "Palomar Street" link https://www.yelp.com/biz/buffet-house-chula-vista-2?osq=Buffet+House (weekend 15 min waiting time). Right next is American cuisine "Home Town Buffet "similar price but a little less food choice. Also a very popular place and known Mexican place "Tacos El Gordo" (unfortunately this place is so popular waiting line for tacos about 15 -20 min.) Opposite the trolley station "H Street" link https://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-el-gordo-chula-vista -3? Osq = Tacos + El + Gordo Enjoy!

StRobert
08-31-18, 23:03
For visitors in San Diego County. You do not have to spend a small fortune on restaurants in downtown San Diego. I recommend these places (not in Tijuana) but close to the border with Mexico in Chula Vista: "Buffet House" Chinese cuisine all you can eat the price of about $ 11- $ 15. Chicken, seafood, sushi, beef, salads, fruits, etc. Drinks included. Opposite the trolley station "Palomar Street" link https://www.yelp.com/biz/buffet-house-chula-vista-2?osq=Buffet+House (weekend 15 min waiting time). Right next is American cuisine "Home Town Buffet "similar price but a little less food choice. Also a very popular place and known Mexican place "Tacos El Gordo" (unfortunately this place is so popular waiting line for tacos about 15 -20 min.) Opposite the trolley station "H Street" link https://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-el-gordo-chula-vista -3? Osq = Tacos + El + Gordo Enjoy!"Tacos El Gordo" second location has recently been opened: 556 Broadway in Chula Vista.

Captain Solo
09-01-18, 16:15
Correction: the restauiant is Monte Carlo, next to Adelita.

This is Mexico's unique beef vegetable soup with a clear broth. Vegetables include corn, squash, potatoes, carrot. Restaurants around La Zona serve it usually only for lunch or dinner at 75 pesos, including rice, tortilla and salsa. I always like Caldo de Rez as a comfort dish, light and tasty but not filling, between the romps in bed with Mexico's finest senoritas hehe.

While other places serve Caldo de Rez in a big bowl with big chunks of soup bones, Monaco made its soup with pure flank steak, about 1 pound per serving, which make both the broth tasty and the beef very tasty. For 95 pesos it's a very good meal.

The bros should forget their fascination with burned tarantulas and try this tasty soup instead.

StRobert
09-05-18, 17:19

The bros should forget their fascination with burned tarantulas and try this tasty soup instead.Thanks, good information regarding "Caldo de Rez". In Monte Carlo restaurant (next to Adelita) I mainly order ham or chicken sandwich and coke because I do not understand the menu well. Next time I will order Caldo de Rez!

StRobert
09-07-18, 19:26

The bros should forget their fascination with burned tarantulas and try this tasty soup instead.277/5000.

I didn't know that the restaurant Monte Carlo (next to Adelita) and Sonoras Grill opposite Adelita has "Yelp" overview and links. Sonoras Grill: https://www.yelp.com/biz/sonoras-grill-tijuana?osq=sonoras+grill and Monte Carlo:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/montecarlo-tijuana?osq=monte+carlo.

StRobert
09-07-18, 19:34
Don't forget taco Tuesday all over San Diego, many unlimited taco places for 5 to six dollars. Even downtown.Another popular place is the "El Ranchero" taco truck in Chula Vista (Palomar St. / Third Avenue). Parking is easy. Try birria tacos (very tasty) yelp link https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-ranchero-chula-vista-3.

Captain Solo
09-12-18, 00:58
To StRobert.

I ordered the shrimp with garlic sauce for $120 pesos, about $7. It came out with about 8 medium shrimp, about 1 / 3 pound, served with rice, bean and tortilla, which is a small serving for me. I expected a full pound.

So besides the Caldo de Rez with a whole pound of tasty flank steak for 95 pesos, Monte Carlo is not that good.

If you go to Azul and dorder a rib eye steak for $170 pesos, about $10, they serve a big rib eye about 1. 5 pound, expertly grilled. Or you can take Uber to Mr Pampas for dinner, for $11 you can have all you can eat grilled meats and seafood. You cannot get better deals than that any where in the world.

StRobert
09-12-18, 20:56
To StRobert.

I ordered the shrimp with garlic sauce for $120 pesos, about $7. It came out with about 8 medium shrimp, about 1 / 3 pound, served with rice, bean and tortilla, which is a small serving for me. I expected a full pound.

So besides the Caldo de Rez with a whole pound of tasty flank steak for 95 pesos, Monte Carlo is not that good.

If you go to Azul and dorder a rib eye steak for $170 pesos, about $10, they serve a big rib eye about 1. 5 pound, expertly grilled. Or you can take Uber to Mr Pampas for dinner, for $11 you can have all you can eat grilled meats and seafood. You cannot get better deals than that any where in the world.Thanks for the information, it sounds good.

Captain Solo
09-12-18, 21:27
Or you can take Uber to Mr Pampas for dinner, for $11 you can have all you can eat grilled meats and seafood. You cannot get better deals than that any where in the world.

For the price of 7 tacos, you can have a sumptuous dinner with AYCE grilled beef, pork, mutton, seafood.

Of course I usually order a bottle of wine, about 300 pesos, to go with the delicious food.

StRobert
09-16-18, 20:23
Sonoras grill (opposite Adelita) is closed completely now and I heard at the Monte Carlo restaurant (next to Adelita), from the October 1 Monte Carlo restaurant plans to relocate in place of Sonoras grill.

Captain Solo
09-29-18, 03:17
There's a Churrascaria do Brasil down near the Hippodromo on Aqua Caliente, probably a good 8 miles from La Zona.

It has a smaller menu with fewer items, priced 325 pesos for dinner, but has no discount and no mention of wines avail. A few folks swear by it even though pics show it small and empty, more like a family with kids joint.

Anybody tried it? It's kind of a long drive, and would never beat Mr. Pampas' 178-peso dinner discount. I guess Mr. Pampas makes profit on drinks; wines are 300 to 1600 peso a bottle.

StRobert
10-03-18, 06:52
Tequila Expo Tijuana. October 11-14 from 3 PM to 1 AM. Avenida Revolucion and 7th street here is the link http://www.discoverbaja.com/event/tijuana-tequila-expo-2018/ and here is a video link from the tequila expo. The first part of the video is from the food garden and the second part is the video from tequila expo. Link http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/food-garden-tequila/. (You can only bring to the US a bottle of 1 liter duty free alcohol)

StRobert
10-03-18, 19:04
Tequila Expo Tijuana. October 11-14 from 3 PM to 1 AM. Avenida Revolucion and 7th street here is the link http://www.discoverbaja.com/event/tijuana-tequila-expo-2018/ and here is a video link from the tequila expo. The first part of the video is from the food garden and the second part is the video from tequila expo. Link http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/food-garden-tequila/. (You can only bring to the US a bottle of 1 liter duty free alcohol)A better link has a program every day like folklore groups, etc. https://www.facebook.com/expo.tequilatijuana/.

Captain Solo
10-03-18, 23:49
Costs only 100 pesos to get in with 30 brands of tequilas, all you can taste. YUM.

This sounds like a good time to party with the bro. May be Saturday all day, with a sleep over.

Tequila Expo Tijuana. October 11-14 from 3 PM to 1 AM. Avenida Revolucion and 7th street here is the link http://www.discoverbaja.com/event/tijuana-tequila-expo-2018/ and here is a video link from the tequila expo. The first part of the video is from the food garden and the second part is the video from tequila expo. Link http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/food-garden-tequila/. (You can only bring to the US a bottle of 1 liter duty free alcohol).

StRobert
10-07-18, 20:43

The bros should forget their fascination with burned tarantulas and try this tasty soup instead.Captain Solo. I recently ate this dish Caldo de Rez in the Monte Carlo restaurant. The portion is huge! Plate with soup in which are beef, potatoes, carrots, corn. Separately a small plate with rice and onion and half lime. When I finished eating, I was full. IMO A good meal after sex, but not before sex because you will be too full. A similar soup I ate on the Caribbean islands, beef soup but only soup with a piece of beef and half lime but the plate was much smaller. It is interesting that in tropical countries they squeeze half lime into soup, which gives an interesting taste. Price in Monte Carlo $US 5. 50 plus small tip. Thank you for the recommendations it was good! If you know any other good dish from Monte Carlo, let us know. BTW restaurant Monte Carlo is soon moving to the other side of the street.

StRobert
10-28-18, 19:21
Good buy: Brandy "Presidente" on sale only USD 6 (in the US the price is twice as expensive). I bought a 940 ML bottle, 38% Alc. Vol. 100% de uva (grape). At the pedeast entrance to the USA (next to the San Ysidro trolley station). Shop name "Tijuana Duty Free" they close around 10 PM but the window is open all night and you can buy. The seller in the window said the sale is for the Christmas / holiday period and maybe longer. Here is the review of this brandy by Mr. Tony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMFgL0t_koo.

Captain Solo
10-28-18, 23:43
To StRobert,

Near year end, UETA has lots of good deals in wines, spirits, perfumes, designers' hand bags etc. Last year I picked up 2 cases of French Cognac, good quality, for about $10 a bottle 1 L. It taste like Remy Martin VSOP. Everybody likes it.

Try that El presidente brandy and let us know how good it is. You can also pick up Kahlua, Mexico's renown coffee liquor, big 1. 5 L bottle for about $5, great on the rock for sipping late at night. Mixed with cream or full milk in ice cube, it's the White Russian coctail that makes chicas so soft and horny hehe.

The bros should stop at the 2 UETA stores near PedWest and start stocking up the good stuffs for year end parties and pretty presents for holidays. Hot bar and street girls all swoon over the little presents you give them, which are worth a lot more than cash, and usually produce extremely hot, wet, sweaty sessions in bed.

Good buy: Brandy "Presidente" on sale only USD 6 (in the US the price is twice as expensive). I bought a 940 ML bottle, 38% Alc. Vol. 100% de uva (grape). At the pedeast entrance to the USA (next to the San Ysidro trolley station). Shop name "Tijuana Duty Free" they close around 10 PM but the window is open all night and you can buy. The seller in the window said the sale is for the Christmas / holiday period and maybe longer. Here is the review of this brandy.

StRobert
11-02-18, 09:56
To StRobert,

Near year end, UETA has lots of good deals in wines, spirits, perfumes, designers' hand bags etc. Last year I picked up 2 cases of French Cognac, good quality, for about $10 a bottle 1 L. It taste like Remy Martin VSOP. Everybody likes it.

Try that El presidente brandy and let us know how good it is. You can also pick up Kahlua, Mexico's renown coffee liquor, big 1. 5 L bottle for about $5, great on the rock for sipping late at night. Mixed with cream or full milk in ice cube, it's the White Russian coctail that makes chicas so soft and horny hehe.

The bros should stop at the 2 UETA stores near PedWest and start stocking up the good stuffs for year end parties and pretty presents for holidays. Hot bar and street girls all swoon over the little presents you give them, which are worth a lot more than cash, and usually produce extremely hot, wet, sweaty sessions in bed.

Good buy: Brandy "Presidente" on sale only USD 6 (in the US the price is twice as expensive). I bought a 940 ML bottle, 38% Alc. Vol. 100% de uva (grape). At the pedeast entrance to the USA (next to the San Ysidro trolley station). Shop name "Tijuana Duty Free" they close around 10 PM but the window is open all night and you can buy. The seller in the window said the sale is for the Christmas / holiday period and maybe longer. Here is the review of this brandy.Brandy "Presidente" is good, similar to the French brandy "Remy Martin" or "Napoleon". I love "Kahlua" they even have a webpage https://www.kahlua.com/us/ BTW My chica number 1 in HK has already ordered a Christmas gift. A French perfume for US $ 50. But that can be a good investment with her for the all next year.

Captain Solo
11-02-18, 18:44
To StRobert.

Strange UETA sells duty-free Mexican tequilas and Kalhua cheaper than Mexican duty-free stores in Tijuana. Last year UETA sold the big 1.5 L Kalhua for about $5, which sells for $10 to $12 in Tijuana's duty-free stores. The clever Yankees really screw Mexican paisanos over hehe.

Lots of Mexican folks go to the US to stock up on cheap everyday goods, like milk, cereals, toilet paper. A few years back my wingman Gordon and I were climbing PedEast's pedestrian stairs when we found an elderly woman struggling to bring up her wheeled cart. Gordon, being a strong big guy, picked up the cart. I could see he was struggling, so I gave him a hand. The cart turned out to weigh near 100 lbs. Don't know what was in it. The old woman may be smuggling cement hehe. That's how hard life is for poor Tijuana people. But HK's bar girls managed to empty out Gordon's bank accounts to help Mexico hehe.

The bros should shop UETA, factory outlet and discount stores in San Ysidro for unique holiday presents, guaranteed to get the the wettest pussies and the sweatiest sessions with pretty chicas hehe. Also near Christmas eve, I would give small propinas to HK's valet parking, security guys, door men, floor managers, hotel reception guys, even a few good meseros, bar and street girls get their $ groping propinas regularly, with a "feliz Navidad" greeting. Show them you empathize with their hard life and they usually take good care of you.

ScatManDoo
11-07-18, 21:17
Sonoras grill (opposite Adelita) is closed completely now and I heard at the Monte Carlo restaurant (next to Adelita), from the October 1 Monte Carlo restaurant plans to relocate in place of Sonoras grill.The move has been completed.

I was in LZ from Thursday November 1st through Tuesday the 5th.

Men were already at work demolishing the old interior of MC's old location in between Adelitas and the church.

The new location for Monte Carlo was bustling with business. Robed chicas in pairs were constantly crossing the street to dine there.

It has been years since I ate in Monte Carlo, and I was tempted to on this trip.

But IMHO the better meal offering was two or three storefronts to the west of MC's new location to another new restaurant called SUSHI One.

I did not eat at Monte Carlo, but had numerous meals in Sushi One. They had rice bowls, sushi, teriyaki, but not a really 'vast' menu.

As I recall, the sushi was limited to about six different types of sushi rolls, two or three options of hand rolls and about that same number of nigiri sushi options.

The Salmon Nigiri Sushi was 30 pesos each. The Salmon hand roll was 40 pesos, both were fairly good.

I thought their teriyaki dishes were their best offering, and they do it nicely with the teriyaki entres served on a large bed of vegetables rather than rice. Instead they provide a scoop of rice on the side with another side of seasoned cucumbers. The bed of vegetables was mostly broccoli and sliced zucchini. Chicken teriyaki was 75 p, Shrimp teriyaki was 105 p and Chicken with Shrimp teriyaki (my fav) is 95 p. I need to check tonight if my pictures came out OK.

Sushi One is on Coahuila Ave. , directly across the street from the entrance to Adelitas.

StRobert
11-09-18, 19:53
The move has been completed.

Men were already at work demolishing the old interior of MC's old location in between Adelitas and the church.

The new location for Monte Carlo was bustling with business. Robed chicas in pairs were constantly crossing the street to dine there.

It has been years since I ate in Monte Carlo, and I was tempted to on this trip.

But IMHO the better meal offering was two or three storefronts to the west of MC's new location to another new restaurant called SUSHI One.

I did not eat at Monte Carlo, but had numerous meals in Sushi One. They had rice bowls, sushi, teriyaki, but not a really 'vast' menu.

As I recall, the sushi was limited to about six different types of sushi rolls, two or three options of hand rolls and about that same number of nigiri sushi options.

The Salmon Nigiri Sushi was 30 pesos each. The Salmon hand roll was 40 pesos, both were fairly good.

I thought their teriyaki dishes were their best offering, and they do it nicely with the teriyaki entres served on a large bed of vegetables rather than rice. Instead they provide a scoop of rice on the side with another side of seasoned cucumbers. The bed of vegetables was mostly broccoli and sliced zucchini. Chicken teriyaki was 75 p, Shrimp teriyaki was 105 p and Chicken with Shrimp teriyaki (my fav) is 95 p. I need to check tonight if my pictures came out OK.

Sushi One is on Coahuila Ave. , directly across the street from the entrance to Adelitas.Thanks for the information, this chicken teriyaki sounds good I need to check it out.

StRobert
11-11-18, 21:38
The move has been completed.

Sushi One is on Coahuila Ave. , directly across the street from the entrance to Adelitas.I followed your advice and yesterday I was in this restaurant "Sushi One" opposite Adelita. I ordered chicken teriyaki and it was very good. A large portion of chicken in teriyaki sauce, vegetables and rice. Price: only US $ 4 plus small tip. The menu is in Spanish but there are pictures of dishes and price so it is easy to understand. The restaurant is Asian. Recommended.

Jackie888
11-25-18, 15:40
The new Monte Carlo is using the same staff from the prior restaurant, but with the Monte Carlo menu. And it sucks unfortunately. The menu was Gringo, and serves poor Mexican food. Go figure.

Ghenghis Khan
11-26-18, 21:48
I followed your advice and yesterday I was in this restaurant "Sushi One" opposite Adelita. I ordered chicken teriyaki and it was very good. A large portion of chicken in teriyaki sauce, vegetables and rice. Price: only US $ 4 plus small tip. The menu is in Spanish but there are pictures of dishes and price so it is easy to understand. The restaurant is Asian. Recommended.I think I passed by that restaurant. Saw a working girl come up to the restaurant owner or worker and call him by his race by saying "hey chino". Thought it was pretty hilarious and racist at the same time, but I guess that's just how they refer to any Asians in Mexico.

Captain Solo
11-27-18, 02:14
Toshi Toshi Sushi Bars Av. Colima 2292 Zona Centro.

Opened 3 months ago.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=toshi+toshi&find_loc=Tijuana%2 C+Baja+California%2 C+Mexico&ns=1.

A bros said sushis here are one step above all famous AYCE sushi houses in Socal, costed him $68 for a dinner, but I don't know how much better it can be.

Mexico sure has lots of very fresh seafood caught locally, including the giant net pens off the coast of Ensenada, where fishermen raise blue-fin tunas with scrap fish until they hit 500 Lbs. We talked about renting a BnB unit near Ensenada's boat dock where we can buy frsh seafood cheap, cook them our ways and party with pretty chicas all night. Many BnB units with multiple bedrooms and kitchen near the main tourist street rent for under $50 a day.

Ever since the bros discovered Mexico's sea food and puss, they could never waste their vacation time going anywhere else for fun and sex, with non-stop parties full of tasty food, hot chicas and even hotter sex.

StRobert
12-06-18, 05:38
First part of the video about "Centro Cultural Tijuana" the second part starts from 1440 about the famous Caesar's restaurant link https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=SPh3Ex4tG_s.

StRobert
12-06-18, 06:24
Taco tour in Tijuana, looks tasty link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=Ca0S7h8kBLk.

Hargow20
12-06-18, 09:17
I have been to Ceasars several times and it is a very elegant restaurant. I have Duck L'Orange and it it is very good. LOS Arco's is my favorite for now.

First part of the video about "Centro Cultural Tijuana" the second part starts from 1440 about the famous Caesar's restaurant link https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=SPh3Ex4tG_s.

Ghenghis Khan
12-15-18, 02:03
You guys should try Tacos El Yaqui. The original location is in Rosarito, but there is a newer location in Tijuana, which I believe is owned by the primary restaurant's son. Their queso-tacos aka perrones are to die for. Stuff the tacos with jalapenos seasoned with salt and lime. Eat 3 tacos and I am stuffed. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

LovesToSploog
12-15-18, 02:40
If they're as big as the ones in Rosarito then you are some type of beast or really hungry. Nice update though, thanks.

You guys should try Tacos El Yaqui. The original location is in Rosarito, but there is a newer location in Tijuana, which I believe is owned by the primary restaurant's son. Their queso-tacos aka perrones are to die for. Stuff the tacos with jalapenos seasoned with salt and lime. Eat 3 tacos and I am stuffed. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Captain Solo
12-15-18, 03:44
All my wingmen believe HK's taco stand deserves a Michelin 5-star. A few down 5 tacos in 1 sitting before we roll up to go home.

They are addicted to the rich, fresh, spicy, tasty tacos as much as the sexy chicas.

ScatManDoo
12-16-18, 04:03
The HK taco stand is my favorite place in LZ to break a 500 pesos note.

Very tasty al pastor con pina.

MongerHunger
12-17-18, 06:51
I hit that taco stand every time I'm in LZ. They are pretty consistent with the quality and taste. Its a very popular place.

Mr Fahrenheit
12-23-18, 09:34
That taco stand also has a beef soup with cilantro. They serve in a styrofoam cup. It's perfect for resting up in between rounds.

Captain Solo
12-23-18, 18:25
To Fahrenheit,

That soup tastes like beef chuck boiled in its own juice, very rich, tasty, fatty. It goes well with the tacos al pastor. Locals eat it with tortillas dipped into the soup. The workers will give you a few free refills if you ask.

The liquid fat, for some reasons, makes me horny quickly between rounds, probably blocking all arteries except those going down to the groin hehe. But it could inhibit libido in people with high cholesterol or blocked arteries problems. So try it out before going all out.

The bros should also try fresh shell fish at the mariscos stand at the school girls corner in front of the newly-remodeled hotel Rapido on Constitucion, while looking up their high-school miniskirts hehe. The shrimp cocktails, camarron coctele, is fresh, scrunchy, tasty and delicious, all my wingmen like it. I usually order a small 50-peso cup with plain cracker, a very light dish with perfect balance of delicate tastes to add energy and spice to your stomach for sex. They also serve fresh raw oyster, cockles and clams in lime juice and salsa, calling it Mexican Viagra.

Mexican chicas mostly prefer sea food over meats or carbs. Inviting them out for seafood and their eyes all light up. They would eat Azul's fried squid rings with relish while avoiding pizza and steak altogether. Azul's battered fried shrimp is tiny, tough and greasy, not worth the price. Azul's steak is a good deal at $10 for over 1 pound of rib eye. With Azul's free-appetizer coupon, you can order a steak and a seafood dish or a pizza for $10, enough to feed 4 people.

Ctytek
12-25-18, 04:29
Skip junky fried barfood at Azul, and grab an Uber to Telefonica Gastro Park. Delicious inexpensive food served off food trucks. Very chill and relaxing spot, where you can sample all sorts of great food, from sushi to steak to BBQ to many different flavors of Mexican. They also have a brewery in the back, the beer is fresh and tasty. They even had a mini version Caesar's restaurant right there. I can easily spend a few hours at that place drinking beer and eating great food.

Highly recommend this place.

Scudrucker
12-25-18, 16:25
Skip junky fried barfood at Azul, and grab an Uber to Telefonica Gastro Park. Delicious inexpensive food served off food trucks. Very chill and relaxing spot, where you can sample all sorts of great food, from sushi to steak to BBQ to many different flavors of Mexican. They also have a brewery in the back, the beer is fresh and tasty. They even had a mini version Caesar's restaurant right there. I can easily spend a few hours at that place drinking beer and eating great food.

Highly recommend this place.Wow.

I just googled it and found great reviews. Thanks for the post as I now have another place to eat.

Looks like a short cab ride or a long walk depending on your hotel.

Sr.

TomJackin
12-25-18, 20:54
The HK taco stand is my favorite place in LZ to break a 500 pesos note.

Very tasty al pastor con pina.Yes, my favorite as well! This one?

Ctytek
12-26-18, 05:40
Yeah, I forgot to mention. Gastro park is about 15-20 min walk from Ticuán, or an even quicker cab ride. Very close, but yet far enough from the same old tired spots.

Wow.

I just googled it and found great reviews. Thanks for the post as I now have another place to eat.

Sr.

BayBoy
12-26-18, 11:35
Guys -- I will be in Tijuana in a few weeks from now. Can you be more specific on the location of the HK Taco Stand. Is it out the front or back entrance of the Hong Kong club?

ClamSlammer
12-26-18, 12:21
Guys -- I will be in Tijuana in a few weeks from now. Can you be more specific on the location of the HK Taco Stand. Is it out the front or back entrance of the Hong Kong club?There is no Hong Kong Taco Stand. Hong Kong is not affiliated with any taco stand but there is a stand that is in close proximity, which is undoubtedly the most popular stand in the zona. Walk out the front door of HK, hang a left. When you get to the corner you'll see it on your left. Go to the left side of the stand, where you order and pay and be given a ticket. Give the ticket to the taquero and he'll prepare your order. Tacos are $20 mx each.

Nounce
12-26-18, 14:29
Guys -- I will be in Tijuana in a few weeks from now. Can you be more specific on the location of the HK Taco Stand. Is it out the front or back entrance of the Hong Kong club?Turn left after you go out of the front door. It is at the first street corner.

BayBoy
12-26-18, 15:20
Thanks for the info. I've been to a couple of taco stands in the Zona before, but will definitely try this one.

StRobert
12-27-18, 05:39
Wow.

Sr.Here is a video link, in the first part of "Telefonica Gastro Park" and "El Punto Food Trucks". - Octopussy taco and burger sounds good! http://crossingsouth.com/videosmaps/food-trucks-and-trash/.

Captain Solo
01-19-19, 19:40
Telefonica would be a nice place to hang out for lunch in day tours down the coast to Ensenada. Seafood and tacos in Tijuana are far better and fresher than Ensenada. The fish / shrimp tacos, ceviche and cocteles served by the restaurants near Ensenada's seafood market are not good or fresh but very expensive. I don't even want to eat their food. However the 4 or 5 seafood carts on the main drag, across from the giant flag pole, are fresh and delicious. Did not see any Al Pastor tacos stand there day or night, WTF?

Googles shows lots of interesting dishes served by various stores in Telefonica. When I got there the stores hang large menus with prices, but I could not order without seeing the dishes, pictures or at least descriptions of the main ingredients. I hate to order something and it turns out perrito or cato tacos with wagging tails hehe.

Can someone with decent Spanish suggest to the stores to hang pictures of the dishes on their store fronts, or show wax models of the dishes? They should probably start with printed menus describing the main ingredients and how they are cooked, for the benefits of non locals.

StRobert
01-21-19, 06:26
Telefonica would be a nice place to hang out for lunch in day tours down the coast to Ensenada. Seafood and tacos in Tijuana are far better and fresher than Ensenada. The fish / shrimp tacos, ceviche and cocteles served by the restaurants near Ensenada's seafood market are not good or fresh but very expensive. I don't even want to eat their food. However the 4 or 5 seafood carts on the main drag, across from the giant flag pole, are fresh and delicious. Did not see any Al Pastor tacos stand there day or night, WTF?

Googles shows lots of interesting dishes served by various stores in Telefonica. When I got there the stores hang large menus with prices, but I could not order without seeing the dishes, pictures or at least descriptions of the main ingredients. I hate to order something and it turns out perrito or cato tacos with wagging tails hehe.

Can someone with decent Spanish suggest to the stores to hang pictures of the dishes on their store fronts, or show wax models of the dishes? They should probably start with printed menus describing the main ingredients and how they are cooked, for the benefits of non locals. Picture menus it's a good idea , but Telefonica Gastro Park is on Yelp and Facebook. You can write a post in English there. Menus in Spanish and English are also a good idea. Once in another place I ordered by mistake a taco tripa (gut) and I ate because I did not understand the word "tripa". I also do not like taco cabeza (head) and lengua (tongue) but the fish tacos are good.

Phordphan
01-21-19, 19:09
Picture menus it's a good idea , but Telefonica Gastro Park is on Yelp and Facebook. You can write a post in English there. Menus in Spanish and English are also a good idea. Once in another place I ordered by mistake a taco tripa (gut) and I ate because I did not understand the word "tripa". I also do not like taco cabeza (head) and lengua (tongue) but the fish tacos are good.Oh, if only there were a phone app that would translate Spanish into English!

Phordphan
03-02-19, 22:38
In the interest of fairness, let's post a couple of articles that aren't 5 years old. Here are a couple of recent articles stating that Tijuana does, indeed, have a vibrant food scene, and is becoming very famous in its own right.

https://adventure.com/tijuana-food-drink-mexico/

Here they discuss what some of us Tijuana vets know. That business tanked during the very dark days of 2008-ish. Tijuana basically reinvented itself to focus more on locals with money, and less on Yanqui tourists. And far less on grumpy gringos looking for cheap pussy. Note that Plascencia makes a point of sourcing his stuff within 3 hours of Tijuana. This is important, and why I made mention of the Valle de Guadalupe earlier. It is the source of the lion's share of the wine list (and in many cases the only source), in most fine dining establishments in Tijuana. It's gone from being a source of table wine for France to a source of wines that compare very favorably with many from California.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Mexico-Travel/Insights/Tijuana-culinary-revolucion

Here's another that also mentions Telefonica Gastro Park, and mentions that Tijuana was the NYT top 52 places to go in 2017. But Don't take their word for it, read it for yorself:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/travel/places-to-visit.html

"Tijuana is also having a culinary renaissance, fueled by craft breweries, stylish coffee shops and globally informed restaurants that range from Telefónica Gastro Park's hipster food trucks to bustling Baja Med spots like La Querencía in the riverside Zona areío neighborhood".

Oh, and if anybody thinks that Tijuana and VdG have no bearing on one another, because they're as far apart as, say, Milwaukee and Chicago, well, I guess that individual has never been to any of those places. For anybody who cares, Tijuana to the heart of VdG is about 65 miles, vs. About 100. And, as I mentioned before, it's the heart and soul of the BNC wine renaissance. And, what is good food without good wine?

Long Don Silva
03-03-19, 10:41
When I first came to the San Diego area three and a half years ago, my roommate mentioned that Tijuana had started to develop a serious food scene to attract tourism following the excessive violence of the late aughts. There seems to be many sources verifying this.

Travv
03-24-19, 23:03
Decided to try something different, so I searched Tijuana restaurants on line and found out about this place serving Argentine food, particularly empanadas. The restaurant is by Tijuana Tillys on the other side of the Jai Alai palace on Revolucion in the parking lot. Wanted something light, so I ordered the Salmon salad and a drink and a pepperoni empanada. The waiter brought fresh hot bread with pesto sauce in olive oil along with butter. Then the empanada arrived with a hot flaky crust and filled with cheese and tomato sauce and pepperonis, think I paid 25 pesos for this. Then the salmon salad with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, carrots lettuce etc along with ranch dressing along with more hot bread. Cost was around 180 pesos plus a good tip for the helpful waiter who set up my WiFi for the cell phone. Recommended, particularly the different empanadas with beef and onions, chicken and onions, but I was happy with the Pepperoni empanada, reminded me of calzones but much cheaper here.

Jim0129
03-28-19, 21:04
Decided to try something different, so I searched Tijuana restaurants on line and found out about this place serving Argentine food, particularly empanadas. The restaurant is by Tijuana Tillys on the other side of the Jai Alai palace on Revolucion in the parking lot. Wanted something light, so I ordered the Salmon salad and a drink and a pepperoni empanada. The waiter brought fresh hot bread with pesto sauce in olive oil along with butter. Then the empanada arrived with a hot flaky crust and filled with cheese and tomato sauce and pepperonis, think I paid 25 pesos for this. Then the salmon salad with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, carrots lettuce etc along with ranch dressing along with more hot bread. Cost was around 180 pesos plus a good tip for the helpful waiter who set up my WiFi for the cell phone. Recommended, particularly the different empanadas with beef and onions, chicken and onions, but I was happy with the Pepperoni empanada, reminded me of calzones but much cheaper here.Yeah, this place is great, last time I went I had the lamb meat empanadas and an Argentinian style lasagna, also we ordered their famous Sangria. Great food, low prices highly recommended.

StRobert
04-12-19, 07:49
A good restaurant has been operating in the same place for 50 years. Address Avenida Revolucion number 893 near Third Street (Tercera). I ordered two fish tacos and Corona light beer. (US $ 4. 80). The taste was great. You can eat from the street side or inside. The menu is easy to read, pictures of dishes with prices in pesos and in US dollars. There is a restroom. This will be my new place to eat on Av. Revolucion. Here is the link http://lospanchostijuana.com/.

SpikeBites1
04-12-19, 08:33
Took a girl there two nights ago. Very expensive for Tijuana. It's like a Mexican version of Ruth's Chris. They serve steaks, ribeyes, sushi, lobster. Pretty much all sorts. It wasn't bad just a bit expensive for "Tijuana".

Would recommend. The service was exceptional and the lava cake dessert was delicious.

Jackie888
05-29-19, 20:36
2 blocks South of the clubs is Calle Benito Juarez, a big boulevard with a lot of inexpensive small mom and pop restaurants for people like me who don't want to go far or spend much on grabbing some decent food, but is tired from the stuff that HK or Adelina's sells with their restaurants, or street tacos.

I think I spent 380 pesos on a special getting a chicken quarter, 5 tortillas, chips and salsa that I managed to make 5 soft tacos with. That's about $2. I also sat at a nice clean table and was served by a waitress. The point is that standing while eating street tacos with questionable hygiene isn't your only cheap option.

KC Questor
05-30-19, 05:01
I think I spent 380 pesos on a special getting a chicken quarter, 5 tortillas, chips and salsa that I managed to make 5 soft tacos with. That's about $2. I also sat at a nice clean table and was served by a waitress. The point is that standing while eating street tacos with questionable hygiene isn't your only cheap option.Do you mean 38 pesos? 380 is $20.

Jackie888
05-31-19, 16:11
Do you mean 38 pesos? 380 is $20.38 pesos for the chicken lunch special. Nearby there is also a tech / women's mini-mall with a lot of small food vendors inside. As a bonus there are tons of good looking manicurists working the stalls, stroking their clients long fingers while wearing low cut halter tops. Stroking back and forth, back and forth while you can peak down their cleavage. I was checking all the twins as I was walking by.

Wait wait wait, this is a food posting. Sorry, old habits.

Travv
06-10-19, 04:18
" . . . While fun tends to peak during the warmer months, so does the risk of getting sick from contaminated food.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), foodborne illness peaks during the summer months for two reasons: bacteria multiply faster in warmer temperatures, and preparing food outdoors makes safe food handling more difficult.

But when you attend outside events, you have to rely on other people to prepare food safely. Unfortunately, the food and drinks that are offered at summer events can carry serious health risks.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says to consider the following before buying food from a vendor:

Does the vendor have a clean / tidy workstation?

Does the vendor have a sink for employees to wash their hands?

Do the employees wear gloves or use tongs when handling food?

Does the vendor have refrigeration on site for raw ingredients or pre-cooked foods?

Has the vendor been inspected? Is a recent inspection report available? Requirements vary by state, but in general temporary and mobile vendors, like those at fairs and carnivals, should have a license to sell food and beverages in a particular state or county for a specific time period. You can check with the local health department to see if the vendors are licensed and if a food inspection has been completed.

Even experienced food operators and restaurant cooks face challenges when preparing items in a temporary booth or food truck, as pointed out by the Respro Food Safety blog:

Oftentimes, temporary food vendors are part-time cooks and may not have a complete knowledge of proper food safety practices or may never have taken a food safety training course. They may want to prepare food at home and then bring it to an event to sell. They may not bring adequate means to keep food hot or cold. They may not have an appropriate way to wash hands (and, by the way, hand sanitizers are not adequate). These things, if not handled properly, can lead to serious illness.

Preparing many different food items only compounds the problem. I would be concerned about a vendor trying to prepare chicken, beef, pork, rice and fresh salads all out of the same booth. The opportunity for cross-contamination is so great because of the limited space, lack of proper sanitizing and storage space. Do they have a separate cooler for each type of raw meat and ready-to-eat foods? If they don't, I would keep walking. (source).

Full article:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2019/06/no_author/how-to-avoid-food-poisoning-at-fairs-festivals-amusement-parks-and-zoos/

StRobert
06-16-19, 07:21
https://video.kpbs.org/video/fuego-boules-restaurant-fs1tbz/
Fuego & Boules Restaurant

Today we visit an amazing place in Valle de Guadalupe called Fuego Cocina Del Valle. This place has hotel rooms, horses, and more, but the main attraction is the food. After visiting the garden where some of the ingredients are grown, Jorge enjoys the high-end cuisine and is on cloud nine. Next, we meet Javier from Boules restaurant in Ensenada. Jorge discovers the bone marrow dish is to die for.

LuvMexicanas
07-31-19, 07:12
Walked up Constitucion to Galeana and on the corner was the Korean taco joint. Looked like all new stainless steel stoves and venting equipment in a freshly tiled eating area. A guy eating there recommended the chicken chipotle Korean taco like he was eating to me so I ordered one of those and a beef taco. The menu also included Korean tacos made of beef sausage, or of Chicharron or of Pulpo and ensaladitas and mulitas. Two tacos filled me up at 25 pesos each for a total of 50 pesos or roughly $2.50. Had an oriental flavor to the tacos (Mex / Korean flavor) and was topped with mild shredded cabbage (Kimchi?) Restaurant was clean and the cooking area was open for watching and the tacos flavorful. Worth the money.Does anyone know if this place is still open before I try to find it on my own?

Captain Solo
07-31-19, 22:51
Try this place on Aquacaliente past the golf course, about 4-5 miles from La Zona Norte, may be 50 pesos UBER ride.

Churrascaria Do Brasil.

Restaurante en Tijuana.

Boulevard Agua Caliente 11999, Hipodromo Agua Caliente, Tijuana, BC.

https://churrascaria-do-brasil.negocio.site/

240 pesos AYCE meats, sea food, poultry. You can order any cuts from their menu and how well you want it grilled. A fantastic value.

WombatEd2
08-01-19, 08:28
The food was good at Mariscos Colima in Playas, but the servers totally bungled the order. (And my lib-tard friends insisted upon tipping anyway!)

In their defense, there were 8 of us, and our order was a bit complicated, .

RikyMichaels7
08-02-19, 03:25
You got to try Asian Tasty. Best Chinese food I have ever had. Right across from Ricardo's restaurant on Madero. Wow!

Nothing24
08-02-19, 08:47
Try this place on Aquacaliente past the golf course, about 4-5 miles from La Zona Norte, may be 50 pesos UBER ride.

Churrascaria Do Brasil.

Restaurante en Tijuana.

240 pesos AYCE meats, sea food, poultry. You can order any cuts from their menu and how well you want it grilled. A fantastic value.I can vouch for this place as well. Very good food. There's a similar place closer to the zona by plaza Rio called mr. Pampas. Pricing is about the same.

The Tall Man
08-02-19, 19:49

Churrascaria Do Brasil.

Restaurante en Tijuana.

240 pesos AYCE meats, sea food, poultry. You can order any cuts from their menu and how well you want it grilled. A fantastic value.Captain looks delicious! I love the Brazilian type of restaurants as they remind me of my visits to Rio back in 1991. Sorry we could not meet up as I am scrambling getting my things in order as I return to my beloved Medellin in a few days!

The Tall Man.

Captain Solo
08-06-19, 23:15
I went to some of the fanciest Churras in Rio and Sao Paolo. They had very few clients. The ones in Tijuana are not bad, with lots more clients and lots of chicas nearby after the meal hehe.

Too bad you could not break free to have hot times in Tijuana before going back to Medellin.

Will contact you when I am ready to go.

MemoeNasty
08-08-19, 01:30
Like this place a lot! Was in there last Tuesday night and nobody was in the joint. Cute waitress at the bar, drank and ate, super cheap and great atmosphere even though nobody was there. I hadn't been in there in about 3 years and had forgotten how much I liked it. It's right across from Bar Tropical. Check it out. Moe.

Captain Solo
08-09-19, 18:16
I used to take my friends and foreign visitors to La Perla for a taste of Mexican food and lifestyle, but they all complained the mariachis bands play way too loud, it was impossible to stay long and enjoy the food. Business in La Perla has dwindled down to basically nothing with several changes in ownership in the last few years. Prices are high and portions are small; ingredients not as fresh as the street stands.

I found a small place, Mariscos El Choforo, on Ninos Heroes and Calle 1, 1 block South of the alley. Their food is surprisingly good, fresh and cheap, about half of La Perla's prices. Their dishes are even better, fresher and tastier than the big chain, Mariscos Titos at less than half the prices. Open 8 to 8. Check it out. Be careful walking South on Ninos after dark.

Jackie888
08-14-19, 01:55
Can someone recommend a decent sushi restaurant with reasonable Tijuana prices?

Travv
08-14-19, 07:23
A doctor recommended I try this place as it is her favorite seafood restaurant in Tijuana. When I visited I had an excellent fish soup, had the guacamole and shrimp in different sauces. They offer sushi and have an open kitchen where you can watch them prepare the food in front of you. Attentive waiters and WiFi. If you want fresh fish for your sushi, you might want to give this a try. "Villa Marina Restaurant, where you can experience the best in low seafood in a family atmosphere, pleasant music to any ear and screens for your favorite events; features that we offer each visit. The perfect place to relax, enjoy fresh seafood, an ice cold beer or a glass of wine. " https://villamarinarestaurante.com/.

Can someone recommend a decent sushi restaurant with reasonable Tijuana prices?

Phordphan
08-14-19, 08:50
Can someone recommend a decent sushi restaurant with reasonable Tijuana prices?Tijuana isn't the place for really good sushi. There are a couple that are decent. Wasabi is decent with reasonable prices. The place at the top of K Tower, I forget the name, is pretty good, but has prices to match although they are less than LA.

KC Questor
08-15-19, 04:29
I've had quite a bit of good ceviche, though, which is *kind of* like sushi (I guess? I'm not the biggest expert on great ceviche or sushi, but I enjoy them both).

Artisttyp
08-15-19, 07:34
Can someone recommend a decent sushi restaurant with reasonable Tijuana prices?Wasabi is good and so is the new SUSHIMAN in Paseo Chapultepec.

Captain Solo
08-15-19, 17:36
That place looks huge. It shows a large menu with no prices. I have to try it soon. The place in Ensenada looks nice but has a smaller menu WTF?

Mexicans eat raw seafood with salsa and various spicy sauces. To me Mexican mariscos are far more delicious than sushis and sashimis. I don't like to eat sushis with big lumps of rice. I would rather eat just seafood with spicy sauces Mexicans' ways.

A few Japanese bros living in San Diego keep driving down to Tijuana just to buy cocteles and ceviches of shrimp and raw shellfish. A new guy, an accomplished chef, who never ate raw seafood, got addicted to Mexican raw seafood. He would hang out at the school girl corner and stuff himself with raw seafood. Every time we went to Tijuana he has to hit the sea food cart first!

Have to keep the addresses here so I can quickly look up. The Ensenada location looks down the ocean with a nice, clean beach, about 5 miles North of El Centro, nice place to bring your GFs:

Villa Marina Tijuana.

Paseo de Los Héroes 4449, Zona río.

Tijuana, Baja California. See. P. 22300.

Villa Marina Ensenada.

Carr Tijuana-Ensenada km 104.

El Sauzal, Ensenada B. C. C. P. 22760.

ClamSlammer
08-18-19, 11:42
Can someone recommend a decent sushi restaurant with reasonable Tijuana prices?The sushi place in Plaza Rio is pretty good.

Jackie888
08-22-19, 14:59
I just discovered the food district for about $3.50 per Uber from Cascadas. It is pretty decent over there with a couple of nearby malls and a nice break from a strip club atmosphere. Normal High dining for me is a clean food truck, so I am pretty impressed with the restaurants in the area. Actually I am more impressed with the prices. For the price of a Subways meal back in the States, I can actually have a decent sit down meal in a Tijuana upscale restaurant.

Captain Solo
09-04-19, 00:43
Churrascaria do Brasil is in a shopping mall on Blvd Agua Caliente, further South from La Zona than Mr Pampas, but just about every cut of their meats are higher grades and expertly grilled to rare or medium, juicy, tasty, tender and flavorful. Mr. Pampas meats tend to be dry, tough and overcooked.

They also have more fresh varieties at the salad bar, about $12 weeknights after 6 until, no waiting for tables and not too noisy like Mr Pampas, highly recommended. My wingman is a professional chef and he liked it. He knew about all these cuts of meats and the quality of grilling far more than I did. We ate for about 2 hours. He gulped down 7 to 8 plates of meats plus 2 rounds of deserts, then went back to HK to screw 2 girls. Damn. His stomach is probably heavy-duty industrial grade. After a couple plates of meats, my only problem was lack of interests in talking, walking or sexing for a couple hours hehe. This grill is a very sumptuous treat for meat and cheese lovers. I would stop going to Mr. Pampas from now on.

The place did not have electricity or water all afternoon including about 1 hour while we were there. Unlike Pampas, The hostesses and waiters were fairly young but spoke very little English. You may have to use the voice translate app; we did not have to as we were expertly trained in the arts of hands, legs, mouth, tongue communication by the HK's trainers. Uber ride from La Zona about $6, 10,15 minutes.

Jackie888
09-04-19, 17:40
Damn, the $3.50 Uber doubles at peak time which is right around supper time. Any of you guys who drives, can you post a quick and dirty tip / guide to driving in Tijuana? I noticed that the driving is more civilized the further one is from the border, but lanes are still ignored and rules of the road are really standards. Hell I don't even know if American insurance covers Mexico.

Jim0129
09-04-19, 23:32
Damn, the $3.50 Uber doubles at peak time which is right around supper time. Any of you guys who drives, can you post a quick and dirty tip / guide to driving in Tijuana? I noticed that the driving is more civilized the further one is from the border, but lanes are still ignored and rules of the road are really standards. Hell I don't even know if American insurance covers Mexico.First of all, No, american insurance doesn't cover Mexico, you can buy insurance before you cross in San Ysidro.

Second, No, it doesn't get better as you go further away from the border, in fact it gets worse, there are places outside the tourist area in Tijuana that do not have pavement, also, the little amount of Tijuana natives that actually are still living in Tijuana (most of them migrated to the US or have double citizenship) are those ones near the border, some of them even drive american cars, those actually have gone to the DMV and have an american driver's licence.

The rest of Tijuana are people who migrated to the city (about 70%) and sometimes come from places with extreme poberty and couldn't afford a car before coming to Tijuana, those persons REALLY don't know how to drive!

The ones we do know how to drive chose not to drive well here, it's the cost of impunity, we know the authorities will not do anything to us because they don't care, so we run lights, don't pay attention to stop signs, don't care about lanes, we will throw the car to any pedestrian, etc. Etc.

It's just the way things are here in Mexico.

Phordphan
09-05-19, 08:03
Damn, the $3.50 Uber doubles at peak time which is right around supper time. Any of you guys who drives, can you post a quick and dirty tip / guide to driving in Tijuana? I noticed that the driving is more civilized the further one is from the border, but lanes are still ignored and rules of the road are really standards. Hell I don't even know if American insurance covers Mexico.Quick and dirty tip? Follow racing rules. That means don't worry about whoever is behind you. It's their problem to look out for you. Get SENTRI on your car. Start with shorter trips and get longer. Keep your head on a swivel because many Mexicans drive with a death wish. But grow a pair and drive. It's no worse that San Fran or Florence, Italy. And not nearly as bad as Bangkok. But beware. The more time you spend outside of the ZN, the more you'll realize what a shithole the ZN really is.

TjFan1111
09-05-19, 08:38
Churrascaria do Brasil is in a shopping mall on Blvd Agua Caliente, further South from La Zona than Mr Pampas, but just about every cut of their meats are higher grades and expertly grilled to rare or medium, juicy, tasty, tender and flavorful. Mr. Pampas meats tend to be dry, tough and overcooked.

They also have more fresh varieties at the salad bar, about $12 weeknights after 6 until, no waiting for tables and not too noisy like Mr Pampas, highly recommended. My wingman is a professional chef and he liked it. He knew about all these cuts of meats and the quality of grilling far more than I did. We ate for about 2 hours. He gulped down 7 to 8 plates of meats plus 2 rounds of deserts, then went back to HK to screw 2 girls. Damn. His stomach is probably heavy-duty industrial grade. After a couple plates of meats, my only problem was lack of interests in talking, walking or sexing for a couple hours hehe. This grill is a very sumptuous treat for meat and cheese lovers. I would stop going to Mr. Pampas from now on.

The place did not have electricity or water all afternoon including about 1 hour while we were there. Unlike Pampas, The hostesses and waiters were fairly young but spoke very little English. You may have to use the voice translate app; we did not have to as we were expertly trained in the arts of hands, legs, mouth, tongue communication by the HK's trainers. Uber ride from La Zona about $6, 10,15 minutes.Thanks for the report. I went to Churrascaria do Brasil in early August and agree. The food was damn delicious. IMO, it's better than Mr. Pampas. Also, having a ton of protein fuels the engines for more fun times in La Zona. Cheers.

Captain Solo
09-05-19, 20:50
To TJfan1111.

Glad to hear from you.

Some of the tastiest, creamiest, tenderest grilled beef I ate was at Churrascarria do Brasil. US grills like Morton, Maestro, Ruth Chris are not anywhere near as competition.

Looks like the Picanha Top Sirloin Cap is the favorite cuts for Brazil and Latin America, sirloin with a fat cap on top. That cut is beefy, tasty and creamy with a slightly smoky flavor. Dam Delicious. The brisket was also tender, juicy, creamy and tasty. The tenderloin was cut into strips and grilled over smoky flame, not so juicy. Other cuts I also like the hump, called Cupim in Brazil, which is mostly fat, creamy like butter, not found in Mexico. I like the Picanha cut so much, will try to buy and grill them at home on the spit. Damn.

I ate so much meat, like 4 plates of different cuts, I could barely walk. My metabolism is now slow. The meat stayed in me for 2 days before fully digested. OTOH My wingman is a pro chef and a big eater. He downed about 8 plates of meats plus veggies, then 2 plates of deserts. He immediately went back to HK for sessions with 2 girls. He fully digested the meal by about 2 AM. Damn.

I would not recommend Mr. Pamapas due to their dry, overcooked meats, but the bros should definitely take an UBER ride for this sumptuous feast at Churrascaria do brasil, one of the best treat in Tijuana. The other good treat is fresh seafood at Mariscos El Choforo on Nino Heroes, one block South of the alley. Mariscos Villa Marina on Paseos de LOS Heroes is a fancy restaurant with a big menu but high prices.

Besides the sexy bars with hot girls, I am convinced Tijuana is a good food destination if you research the reviews. You know of other good eats in Tijuana or San Diego, let us know.

TjFan1111
09-06-19, 04:09
To TJfan1111.

Glad to hear from you.

Some of the tastiest, creamiest, tenderest grilled beef I ate was at Churrascarria do Brasil. US grills like Morton, Maestro, Ruth Chris are not anywhere near as competition.

Looks like the Picanha Top Sirloin Cap is the favorite cuts for Brazil and Latin America, sirloin with a fat cap on top. That cut is beefy, tasty and creamy with a slightly smoky flavor. Dam Delicious. The brisket was also tender, juicy, creamy and tasty. The tenderloin was cut into strips and grilled over smoky flame, not so juicy. Other cuts I also like the hump, called Cupim in Brazil, which is mostly fat, creamy like butter, not found in Mexico. I like the Picanha cut so much, will try to buy and grill them at home on the spit. Damn..Thanks. Good to be back on these boards. It's been a while. And thanks for the beef analysis at Churrascarria and your other recommendation near HK (I'll check it out). I concur that Picanha is damn delicious, and Churrascarria Mr. Pamapas in terms of quality of meat in Tijuana. Note I've been to Churrascarria in USA (Concord, CA), and it's even better (surprisingly). As far as other places in Tijuana that I can recommend there's only one:

Fonda Argentina. A bit pricey but I really liked this place. They don't have all you can eat, but the combo plate is essentially that (unless you're with your friend who can eat 24 lbs of steak). They use a Santa Maria grill to cook the meat, so it has a nice beautiful smokey flavor. Also, they have beef ribs! One of the very few things that I don't like about Churrascarria is it's difficult to get many slices from the beef ribs which are very nice. Note I haven't tried the beef ribs at Fonda, but I'm guessing that they are up to par with the other things I've tried (grilled octopus, steak), which were really really good.

A place in Tijuana that I want to try is Arcos. I hear that they have great seafood. I may take a chica or three there since they typically like prawns. What woman doesn't?!

In San Diego my favorite restaurant is:

Phil's BBQ (3750 Sports Arena Blvd.) The beef ribs are the thing to order. Also, if you like tri-tip (not high on my list), the El Torro sandwich is good. Probably not as good as TX, but TX is far from Tijuana!

MemoeNasty
09-06-19, 04:26
To TJfan1111.

Glad to hear from you.

Looks like the Picanha Top Sirloin Cap is the favorite cuts for Brazil and Latin America, sirloin with a fat cap on top. That cut is beefy, tasty and creamy with a slightly smoky flavor. Dam Delicious. The brisket was also tender, juicy, creamy and tasty. The tenderloin was cut into strips and grilled over smoky flame, not so juicy. Other cuts I also like the hump, called Cupim in Brazil, which is mostly fat, creamy like butter, not found in Mexico. I like the Picanha cut so much, will try to buy and grill them at home on the spit. Damn.

I ate so much meat, like 4 plates of different cuts, I could barely walk. My metabolism is now slow. The meat stayed in me for 2 days before fully digested. OTOH My wingman is a pro chef and a big eater. He downed about 8 plates of meats plus veggies, then 2 plates of deserts. He immediately went back to HK for sessions with 2 girls. He fully digested the meal by about 2 AM. Damn..Funny! A chica who works at sombreros in San Diego was just telling me about mr Pampas earlier this week. Saying I had to try it.

Captain Solo
09-07-19, 01:23
Looks like a nice place worth trying out.

The combo Parrillada with 1.3 Kg or about 2 lbs of meats, various cuts, ribs and sausages, costs 860 pesos, about $43 for 2 people. Subtracting the bones and sausages that would not be enough meat for 2 big eaters. Besides if they bring everything out the same time, the meats would get cold after 10 minutes. Beef prime rib eye, 800 grams or 1 lbs, for 1,000 pesos or $50. Then the soups and salad are about 100 pesos each. It's kind of pricey for Tijuana. Will try their rib eye and find out how good their steaks are.

Cheripan, the defunct Argentinian grill, was not that expensive. Rib eyes for 2 plus soup, salad, wine, beers and dessert costed 2 of us about $80. Forgot to mention Azul's famous 2 rib eye steaks for $12, with all the trimmings, served next to HK's strip stage where strippers bare all. Azul has to be the cheapest and sexiest restaurant in Tijuana hehe.

I can grill some good steaks at home. The appeals at Churrascaria do Brasil are the many different cuts served hot at the table. When sliced, you can see pink juice run out of them. I always thought top sirloin is tough and tasteless, but the Picanha is tasty, juicy and tender with that fat cap.

Captain Solo
09-08-19, 00:31
To MemoeNasty.

Churrascaria do Brasil grills the meats from rare to well done, Portuguese way. Their meats are far more tender, juicy and tasty, the way I would eat my steaks.

Pampas grills everything well done, dry and tasteless, the way Spanish, Argentinian and Mexican eat their meats. Your chica likely prefers well-done meats. You just have to take her to Pampas then straight to bed, giving her satisfaction in every orifice to keep her happy.

Sound7
09-15-19, 08:00
This quality on H street, SD. What about in Tijuana? Any suggestions!

Phordphan
09-15-19, 22:03
This quality on H street, SD. What about in Tijuana? Any suggestions!??? How many times have you been to Tijuana? You're having trouble finding good tacos??

Hargow20
09-16-19, 02:18
I went to Churrascaria do Brasil about a week ago. Nice atmosphere and price was reasonable. My only complaint is that it is hard to get the waiters attention after they make their first round with the meats.

To MemoeNasty.

Churrascaria do Brasil grills the meats from rare to well done, Portuguese way. Their meats are far more tender, juicy and tasty, the way I would eat my steaks.

Pampas grills everything well done, dry and tasteless, the way Spanish, Argentinian and Mexican eat their meats. Your chica likely prefers well-done meats. You just have to take her to Pampas then straight to bed, giving her satisfaction in every orifice to keep her happy.

SenorTJ
09-16-19, 04:41
I went to Churrascaria do Brasil about a week ago. Nice atmosphere and price was reasonable. My only complaint is that it is hard to get the waiters attention after they make their first round with the meats.I've been to El Campero a few times and they're good for meat. But not a bargain.

Agree that Pampas cooks all the flavor out of the meat until it's gray and sad.

Sound7
09-16-19, 05:04
Looking for "H Street" quality or better than in Tijuana.

On the weekends some Tijuana market at some location cook the meat with special blend herb sand warm the shells too. Cook the onions with mild flavor heat. Made and had the best tacos in the world. Not the El pastro taco.

??? How many times have you been to Tijuana? You're having trouble finding good tacos??

Locke0000
10-23-19, 14:40
I know Zona Rio is generally considered one of the nicer areas of Tijuana. I've always taxi-ed in Tijuana but was considering finding a place to eat within walking distance of La Mansion. Any recommendations that are not far and are a safe walk (this would be late afternoon or early dinner)?

Captain Solo
10-24-19, 13:27
Here's Azul's steaks menu. I did not take pics of the seafood menu which has many items preferred by the girls.

Filet mignon is 260 pesos, about 10 ozs.

Rib eye, 250 pesos, about 12 ozs.

Flank steak, 190 pesos, about 10 ozs.

The meats are good quality, cooked properly with baked potatoes, guacamole, grilled veggies and toast or tortilla ect.

There is a coupon in HKTIJUANA.COM for a free Azul's appetizer. Exchange it for a voucher at HK's front desk, and order 2 dinners for 1 price with HK's meseros.

KC Questor
10-25-19, 04:40
I know Zona Rio is generally considered one of the nicer areas of Tijuana. I've always taxi-ed in Tijuana but was considering finding a place to eat within walking distance of La Mansion. Any recommendations that are not far and are a safe walk (this would be late afternoon or early dinner)?Last time I was at La Mansion I walked to the Brazilian steakhouse called Mr. Pampas (https://mrpampas.com/). It was awesome, all-you-can-eat meat for a good price (compare to Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil, if you know them, but cheaper). It's about a 15 minute walk in a very nice neighborhood. There are a TON of restaurants in that area. You might also try the Foodgarden across from Mr. Pampas. It's like a food court but with classy restaurants. They invite top local chefs to come and staff these food stalls with limited versions of their restaurant menu.

Other good options in that area are La Espadana for classic Mexican cuisine, La Querencia for Baja / Mediterranean, Villa Marina for seafood, or La Casa Del Mole for, well, mole.

Here's a link to the walking route. It's pretty easy: https://goo.gl/maps/ifcXu3okYiHecNV87.

Locke0000
10-25-19, 15:22
Last time I was at La Mansion I walked to the Brazilian steakhouse called Mr. Pampas (https://mrpampas.com/). It was awesome, all-you-can-eat meat for a good price (compare to Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil, if you know them, but cheaper). It's about a 15 minute walk in a very nice neighborhood. There are a TON of restaurants in that area. You might also try the Foodgarden across from Mr. Pampas. It's like a food court but with classy restaurants. They invite top local chefs to come and staff these food stalls with limited versions of their restaurant menu.

Other good options in that area are La Espadana for classic Mexican cuisine, La Querencia for Baja / Mediterranean, Villa Marina for seafood, or La Casa Del Mole for, well, mole.

Here's a link to the walking route. It's pretty easy: https://goo.gl/maps/ifcXu3okYiHecNV87.These are very helpful! Cheers, mate.

Locke0000
10-25-19, 16:58
Last time I was at La Mansion I walked to the Brazilian steakhouse called Mr. Pampas (https://mrpampas.com/). It was awesome, all-you-can-eat meat for a good price (compare to Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil, if you know them, but cheaper). It's about a 15 minute walk in a very nice neighborhood. There are a TON of restaurants in that area. You might also try the Foodgarden across from Mr. Pampas. It's like a food court but with classy restaurants. They invite top local chefs to come and staff these food stalls with limited versions of their restaurant menu.

Here's a link to the walking route. It's pretty easy: https://goo.gl/maps/ifcXu3okYiHecNV87.This indeed helpful. Cheers!

StRobert
10-26-19, 20:00
I know Zona Rio is generally considered one of the nicer areas of Tijuana. I've always taxi-ed in Tijuana but was considering finding a place to eat within walking distance of La Mansion. Any recommendations that are not far and are a safe walk (this would be late afternoon or early dinner)?At La Mansion I remember (I never ordered) there is a menu in the room on the table and you can order the whole dinner, drinks maybe alcohol and more things too. I suppose the motel employee will bring you dinner to your room. The room price for 4 hours is $ 30. The room with the jacuzzi is more expensive. There is no overnight stay, I was there this week.

ClamSlammer
10-26-19, 22:47
I know Zona Rio is generally considered one of the nicer areas of Tijuana. I've always taxi-ed in Tijuana but was considering finding a place to eat within walking distance of La Mansion. Any recommendations that are not far and are a safe walk (this would be late afternoon or early dinner)?Keep in mind that La Mansion does not permit re-entry. That is, once you leave the premises, you are considered checked-out and may not return unless you pay again. Weekdays I believe rooms are available for the night. Weekends they only rent in 4 hour blocks.

Jackie888
10-26-19, 22:56
At La Mansion I remember (I never ordered) there is a menu in the room on the table and you can order the whole dinner, drinks maybe alcohol and more things too. I suppose the motel employee will bring you dinner to your room. The room price for 4 hours is $ 30. The room with the jacuzzi is more expensive. There is no overnight stay, I was there this week.An option, but the prices are kind of steep considering Mansion is adjacent to a food district. I have wandered this area by foot even after dark at around midnight and I never had a problem. This area is sort of high end and not a shit hole like the Zona Norte.

Member #4722
10-27-19, 07:14
Ate at mr pampas tonight great food and service probably not a great idea before heading to La Zona but I had a date we got busy before heading out to the restaurant. 4 shots hornitos three beers and two meals $65 out the door!

Dcrist0527
10-27-19, 18:08
Ate at mr pampas tonight great food and service probably not a great idea before heading to La Zona but I had a date we got busy before heading out to the restaurant. 4 shots hornitos three beers and two meals $65 out the door!That has become my go to for a date. If you haven't been, it can be busy, crowded, loud and you'll have a wait during prime time. But the food and price is great. Short taxi ride from Ticuan or the Zona. Depending on traffic, it might be quicker to walk! (Joking. Somewhat!

Captain Solo
11-02-19, 16:22
Pampas has a bigger selection of meats but they tend to overcook, dry, tough, tasteless. The filet mignon is cut into thin strip and grill into shoe leather. You should order the cuts you want and tell the waiter to bring rare (rojo) or medium (medio). It also serves more seafood, like grilled shrimp, octopus and scallop.

Churrascaria do Brasil is further South on Aqua Caliente right next to the street you cannot miss, may be another 3 miles, at the Metropolis mall. There are fewer cuts here but the meats are grilled and served from rare to well done, tender, juicy and tasty. The picanhas are excellent here. It serves fewer seafood, only grilled shrimp. This place has fewer clients, about half of Pampas, but is more upscale and quieter without big families and kids making big noise.

Prices are low, about the same for both places. Both are fantastic treats for meat lovers.

Ate at mr pampas tonight great food and service probably not a great idea before heading to La Zona but I had a date we got busy before heading out to the restaurant. 4 shots hornitos three beers and two meals $65 out the door!

Captain Solo
11-04-19, 19:15
Went to Mr Pampas Sunday night with 2 wingmen.

Without the week night discount, It costs 365 pesos or $20 per person, $23 PP with drinks and tip. Again too many cuts were tough and dry, I could not chew or cut into.

Lucky Churrascarria do Brasil is starting a new location on Paseo de LOS Heroes near Plaza Rio, much closer to La Zona Norte. I had much better meats at this place, so will go here instead.

SenorTJ
11-06-19, 09:50
Went to Mr Pampas Sunday night with 2 wingmen.

Without the week night discount, It costs 365 pesos or $20 per person, $23 PP with drinks and tip. Again too many cuts were tough and dry, I could not chew or cut into.

Lucky Churrascarria do Brasil is starting a new location on Paseo de LOS Heroes near Plaza Rio, much closer to La Zona Norte. I had much better meats at this place, so will go here instead.Looks like the new Churrascarria is nearly ready to open. I tried the one at Hipodromo and it's way better than Pampas. As Solo says, Pampas overcooks everything.

However, I feel like I have to eat as much as possible to "win" at these places, and then I feel like crap for hours.

Captain Solo
11-07-19, 22:33
Very good, fresh seafood in a small restaurant on the North East side of the cathedral Plaza, across from the policia boite. Prices are even lower than food carts:

Special #1 a Shrimp quesadilla, cup of consomme, 1 soda bottle, 65 pesos or about $3. 50.

Small shrimp coctele 55 pesos, about $2.50.

Large shrimp tacos only 25 pesos.

Food is fresh and delicious. The meseras are young and hot. I like to look at their bubble butts while I eat hehe. You can buy beers from the tienda across the street and drink with your food.

Fantastic deals. Check it out.

El Choforo Mariscos, open 8 to 8.

Primera artículo 123, Privada Niños Heroes esquina, Tijuana.

Jackie888
11-08-19, 23:33
Very good, fresh seafood in a small restaurant on the North East side of the cathedral Plaza, across from the policia boite. Prices are even lower than food carts:

Special #1 a Shrimp quesadilla, cup of consomme, 1 soda bottle, 65 pesos or about $3. 50.

Small shrimp coctele 55 pesos, about $2.50.

Large shrimp tacos only 25 pesos.

Food is fresh and delicious. The meseras are young and hot. I like to look at their bubble butts while I eat hehe. You can buy beers from the tienda across the street and drink with your food.

Fantastic deals. Check it out.

El Choforo Mariscos, open 8 to 8.

Primera artculo 123, Privada Nios Heroes esquina, Tijuana.Excellent. Are those giant shrimps or is my iPhone being too generous?

Thunder52
11-09-19, 02:03
The Albondigas at Azul were exceptional. I suppose they don't get much attention as mine today was fresh fresh. Combined with the al Pastor tacos at Taqueria Franc, and a bistek quesadilla at Taconazo Rio are go to in my book.

Hargow20
11-10-19, 18:25
Decided to try the steak in Cafe Auzul. Ordered the Filet Mignon for $260 pesos. The menu saidit was a prime cut, but it was more like select. It was cheap, but I would probably skip the steak.

Travv
11-16-19, 01:19
Decided to give this place a try on its opening day due to the 249 pesos advertised opening day special for today and the 16th. Drove in, plenty of parking so was able to self park my car, but the valets did insist that the customers back into their parking space. The place is basically the same layout as Mr. Pampas, but has different (and better) desert choices. Had my fill of a variety of roasted beef, chicken, salad and guacamole and chips etc. Then went to the desert bar for chocolate pudding, coconut cookies etc. Ended up paying 370 pesos for an added drink plus tips. Since this is on the way back to the SENTRI lane, easy access on the way back to San Diego. Good experience.

Captain Solo
11-30-19, 00:12
For over 10 years I have been in a car pool from OC to Tijuana to party with hot chicas, mostly Tuesday, Friday, Saturday nights, sometimes Sunday day time, depending the bros' work schedules and social obligations. We would exchange stories in the drive down, drinking, eating, partying with and have multiple sessions with nice, sweet, beautiful girls of Tijuana all night.

We have lots of fun together, enjoying our quick but fun, cheap, and sexy vacations every weekend with hot girls and good food. What more can you ask of vacations? For guys who already traveled many parts of the world, it's fun, safe and just as good viewing travel videos on 4 K TVs without the hassle of long flights and risks of diseases, scams, robberies or assaults overseas.

It's fun to take the noobs and watch their responses and adaptation to hundreds of willing hot girls. A few guys fell in love with girls after first meets. They seem thirsty for love and affection not to mention their hunger for sex from the female species, which they apparently not getting at home. I went out of my ways with the noobs, because many wanted to have fun but just could not break out from obligations. One times went 2 nights in a row because those are the only dates they could go.

Among the mongers, some guys are naive and new; a few hardened hands who would exploit naive girls; most are average guys in professional, managerial, academic jobs who enjoy partying with hot girls and hanging out with like-minded friends.

The noobs' stories are sometimes funny, poignant and helpful to the bros. I asked them to post their experiences, but most are reluctant to post. I think they are afraid of being ridiculed by the old timers, even though the mods have done good jobs keeping good, helpful posts and filtering out petty beetching and ugly fighting.

The noobs should post their successes and blunders with lessons learned so others can learn from them.

Rainman306
11-30-19, 01:35
Which is better, Al Capone -- attached to the Chicago Club, or Azuls -- attached to Hong Kong? Was at Al Capones last trip and food was fine and pretty cheap but nothing too special. Seem to get a better price by paying in Pesos.

Had anyone pulled a bargirl (or freelancer) catching a meal from one of these restaurants?

Captain Solo
11-30-19, 20:45
To Rainman.

Al Capone, serves only basic grubs, breakfast, tacos, bifsteak Ranchero ect.

Azul has far larger menus, with 16 oz rib eyes for 290 pesos or $15, lots of sea foods, including baked salmon, deep fried fish / squid / shrimp ect which the chicas like.

Azul is far nore upscale. Use Azul's 2-4-1 coupon at HK's front desk to get 2 dinners for 1 price.

Jackie888
12-01-19, 00:40
To Rainman.

Al Capone, serves only basic grubs, breakfast, tacos, bifsteak Ranchero ect.

Azul has far larger menus, with 16 oz rib eyes for 290 pesos or $15, lots of sea foods, including baked salmon, deep fried fish / squid / shrimp ect which the chicas like.

Azul is far nore upscale. Use Azul's 2-4-1 coupon at HK's front desk to get 2 dinners for 1 price.That coupon seems to work half the time. The restaurant accepted it once without problems. The second time, Azul accepted it but with a 180 pesos cap. The third time, they refused to honor it because it did not have the manager's signature on it. The fourth time they told me the coupon was only good inside HK itself and not at Azul so they rejected the coupon.

Seems like everything else in Tijuana, there is no rule. It's whatever they feel like enforcing.

Captain Solo
12-11-19, 22:28
You should make the meseros bring Azul's full menu, or take one from Cascada's room.

The coupon is good for 1 item and one free item of lower value. So if you order a rib eye at 250 pesos, about $14, you can order another less expensive dinner for free, like the flank steak at 190 pesos. If you want 2 rib eyes, then they charge you $4 extra.

Some of the meseros in HK and in Azul's don't really know the prices or the rules. You should educate them, sometimes with a kick in their lazy butt.

ScatManDoo
12-12-19, 02:38
That coupon seems to work half the time. The restaurant accepted it once without problems. The second time, Azul accepted it but with a 180 pesos cap. The third time, they refused to honor it because it did not have the manager's signature on it. The fourth time they told me the coupon was only good inside HK itself and not at Azul so they rejected the coupon.

Seems like everything else in Tijuana, there is no rule. It's whatever they feel like enforcing.Your "half the time" seems about right from my experience.

My quasi-wingman and I have a short history with this HK dinner coupon business.

About a year ago we used this 2-for-1 twice (in three attempts) during a visit to Tijuana.

I don't speak fluent Spanish, but fortunately my quasi wingman does. Without him speaking Spanish, and hanging in there, the success rate would probably have been lower.

As I recall (I could be wrong, it was a while ago) the coupon from HK's website was clearer to understand. Like last year's coupon may have actually said 2 meals for the price of one.

Yet with my quasi-wingman in the lead role, last year we had to get am HK manager to initial or sign-off on the coupon in order to get Azul to honor the two-for-one deal (the second & third time we attempted to use it). On our first attempt last year we were flatly denied the deal with the false assertion that the coupon was expired despite bearing no expiration date.

And last year, two days apart, we ate our half-priced dinners in Azul's main dining room on the second floor when we successfully made attempt #2 and #3. The rib-eye steaks were pretty good.

On subsequent trips I regretfully forgot to bring the coupon. But I remembered to bring many printed coupons when we were in LZ recently on Saturday November 30th and Sunday. December 1st,

This time the coupons stated they were for 2-for-1 appetizers. My Quasi-wingman was skeptical that the 2-for-1 appetizer coupon would get us 2-for-1 ribeye dinners.

So we started by taking the coupon with us on a Saturday (11/30/19) visit to Azuls.

A waiter in Azuls told us we needed to eat the steaks inside of HK & have the coupon signed-off or presented in HK.

There happened to be a HK mesero present in Azuls that heard the conversation with QW and the Azul waiter.

He came up to us and told us he would go with us downstairs and (once inside HK) help us get the 2-4-1 dinners.

So we all walked downstairs, entered HK, and used the coupon for 2 rib-eye dinners. That experience went well. We paid only 250 pesosand were not assessed any additional $4 fee.

Essentially QW used the coupon for two dinners and I used a different coupon to get us 2-4-1 drinks.

The HK mesero thanked us for his tip, and suggested he would be glad to help us again the next day to do it all again.

So we did.

Everything went almost as well on Sunday, December 1st, with one big difference.

On Sunday, my quasi-wingman and I were served incredibly super-tough steaks. For certain it was the toughest steak I've ever had in my 61 years of life.

WE agreed that we were served meat that chewed like shoe leather.

I left half the steak uneaten in its round tin container. I don't think I've ever before left half a restaurant steak uneaten & my waistline is proof of that.

Member #4722
12-12-19, 03:00
For Friday night good Mexican seafood restaurant (for a date) don't need anything fancy but away from the main tourist spots (discreet). Thanks in advance.

Pigopuwu
12-12-19, 07:03
LOL, the thread about food more exciting than thread about girls. I'm stuck here.

Captain Solo
12-12-19, 18:33
Villa Marina mariscos is on Paseo de los Heroes, a fancy place, about a block South of the huge shopping mall, not too far from La Zona.

It has a large menu of sea food and also a selection of steaks.

The second location is on a bluff overlooking the beach North of Ensenada, with a smaller menu.

https://villamarinarestaurante.com

SenorTJ
12-12-19, 19:11
For Friday night good Mexican seafood restaurant (for a date) don't need anything fancy but away from the main tourist spots (discreet). Thanks in advance.Highly recommend La Corriente. There are a handful of them in the city, they're all great. Check the yelp reviews and you'll see.

Phordphan
12-12-19, 20:28
For Friday night good Mexican seafood restaurant (for a date) don't need anything fancy but away from the main tourist spots (discreet). Thanks in advance.Lionfish or LOS Arcos. Both will be quite busy on a Friday. You should make reservations if possible, especially at Lionfish.

Captain Solo
12-13-19, 00:07
That's what Tijuana is famous for.

LOL, the thread about food more exciting than thread about girls. I'm stuck here.

Mbison2411
12-13-19, 01:35
Anybody tried La Perla restaurant near TB? I went there on Friday. Menu looked good but I didn't eat because they were doing construction inside.

Rainman306
12-13-19, 05:26
Seems the best & cheapest way for food is to eat at the Taco Stands and buy your sodas and snacks from the OXXO stores in the zona. Had meals at Al Capones & Azuls, mostly OK but the eggs at Azuls were so bad.

The tacos are cheap, about $1 USD each and a couple will tell you up.

KC Questor
12-13-19, 06:20
Highly recommend La Corriente. There are a handful of them in the city, they're all great. Check the yelp reviews and you'll see.I'm going to second this recommendation. Nice, but not fancy. Good price and fantastic seafood. Short walk from Revo. On Google maps it shows up alternately as "Cevicheria La Mas Nais". I eat there all the time.

Anybody tried La Perla restaurant near TB? I went there on Friday. Menu looked good but I didn't eat because they were doing construction inside.La Perla is fine if you are in the zona and craving seafood. Every time I've been there has been a screaming loud mariachi band, which made it less than ideal.

SenorTJ
12-13-19, 06:39
I'm going to second this recommendation. Nice, but not fancy. Good price and fantastic seafood. Short walk from Revo. On Google maps it shows up alternately as "Cevicheria La Mas Nais". I eat there all the time.

La Perla is fine if you are in the zona and craving seafood. Every time I've been there has been a screaming loud mariachi band, which made it less than ideal.The other Corrientes around town have even fancier decors than the original if you're taking a lady. All of them have the same menu. The offerings are a cut above the other Tijuana seafood joints.

On Tuesday they do a Taco Tuesday special, 3 tostadas or tacos and a beer for 198 pesos. The tostadas are loaded with fish. The Red Snapper tostada is their most popular menu item, what they are famous for. All the tostadas are great.

The prices have gone up a lot here since I first started going years ago. About 3-4 years ago, the pulpo zarandeado (whole octopus grilled with seasoned mayo) was around 200 pesos and now it's more than 600 pesos. It's used to be a screaming bargain. Now it's not cheap, but I still go.

ScatManDoo
12-13-19, 21:27
The wording on the 2-for-1 appetizer states "Equal or lesser value is free".

https://hktijuana.com/assets/pdf/HK-Coupons-Azul-App.pdf

But I'm sure that certain mongers, in the way they look, drink or act, are easy victims of HK's meseros.

Travv
12-14-19, 19:05
"I ate something on a trip to (foreign country) and now I've been having terrible stomach issues. I've read about people who have had tapeworms and I don't know if I have one. How do you know if you have a tapeworm? What do the eggs look like? How do you diagnose a tapeworm? Will the worm die on its own? Is it common to get a tapeworm?

A tapeworm is a parasite that you can get if you eat the infected and undercooked meat of an animal. So you could have gotten a tapeworm by eating something. It's hard to know if you have a tapeworm on your own, but the most common symptoms are abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, unexplained weight loss, dizziness, trouble sleeping, and jaundice. . . Some kinds of tapeworms cause anemia symptoms because they eat all the Vitamin B12. This is a problem because your body needs that vitamin in order to make red blood cells. If you have no sense of touch, trouble walking, and feel stiff, that's a sign of anemia. Paired with the other symptoms, you might just have a tapeworm. Tapeworm eggs look like little grains of rice or seeds. If they hatch, the larvae can sometimes crawl up your intestines and live there. This causes cold-like symptoms, such as coughing. . . " Dr. Manny Alvarez serves as Fox News Channel's senior managing health editor. He also serves as chairman of the department of obstetrics / gynecology and reproductive science at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey. For more information on Dr. Manny's work, visit AskDrManny.com.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/how-common-are-tapeworms

Beware: California has a city known to be infested with tapeworms that feed on the public in California. Sacramento. The head tapeworm / politician is named Newsom.

Member #4722
12-14-19, 19:43
Thanks for the recommendation everyone! The red snapper tostada was to die for. Fish tacos were pretty good, I make really good ones at home they were almost as good as mine)) shrimp taco was soooo good. Date got the grilled octopus wow it was delicious.

Captain Solo
12-14-19, 22:29
I used to take out-of-the-country friends to La Perla for its seafood, beers, authentic ambiance and entertainment. But La Perla's food is only mediocre, not exactly fresh, menu limited, servings small, and the loud bands really got on my nerve. How can anyone eat in that ear-splitting noise. La Perla has been doing very little business and changed ownership a few times in the last 5 years. Very few clients go there anymore.

For good seafood near the alley, walk 1 block South on Ninos Heroes to El Choforo on the South East corner of Ninos and Calle 1. It has a small menu but the food is surprisingly good and fresh. Combination #1 includes a shrimp enchilada, a consomme and a soft drink, only 55 pesos or $3. Just stop by the tienda next door and buy a few beers to drink with the food. This little restaurant is good. All my wingmen like it.

Artisttyp
12-14-19, 22:52
I was served an undercooked pork chop ( served like a tuna steak ) at Alahou Boutique Hotels restaurant last week. I swallowed one bite and spit the rest out on the plate but one bite was plenty to get me sick. I raised hell and got them to pay for my meds and the pork chop.

Not a fun experience.

Lesson learned? BABY SIT everything you do in Mexico. Don't ever assume people are knowledgeable or able enough to provide you with what you need. I have learned this the hard way. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING.

Captain Solo
12-15-19, 00:06
Gee I thought Artiste only eats Kosher, no pork?

I was served a thick seared pork chop, pink with red center, juicing blood, like a rare beef steak, by Maestro in Costa Mesa, one of the reputable steak house. As a habit, I felt disgusted and could not eat it. But my trusty food scientist wingman said modern pig farming eliminates any parasite in the meat, so it's OK to eat pork rare.

I was so disgusted by habit, did not taste how good the bloody pork juice was. Could be as sweet and tasty as rare steak.

Artisttyp
12-15-19, 04:35
Gee I thought Artiste only eats Kosher, no pork?
A LARGE plate of nice crispy bacon hurts no one.

Captain Solo
12-16-19, 20:27
Drove down with a bro, got to Tijuana about noon. Went for lunch at El Choforo Mariscos then walked around the Cathedral area shopping for Christmas presents.

I usually buy arts and paintings in el Mercado Artesania, but most art shops are closed on Sundays, only shops selling cheap trinkets made in China are open hehe. Surprisingly stores on Revo carry most of locally produced arts and crafts. They can find most things if you ask, and you can usually get prices down to less than half of the first quotes hehe.

Got to HK by 2 PM, drinking beers, watching the strip shows. HK was not crowded on Sunday day shift, but there were at least about a dozen hot girls, 8 or above in my picky book, whom I would love to thrash out in bed. A guy exchanged his $100 bill for $1 then walked around raining greens on strippers. Just hope HK knew the bill may been freshly printed in his offset printer hehe.

Found Rihanna from Monterrey, pretty blonde, perfect light skin, flat ab, long sexy legs, wearing a black bikini with a large bras, hiding in the dark under the stairs. She was new in HK, shy and had no friends. She cruised the club and positioned herself at a few locations to attract guys but there were no takers. She was the most attractive girl in HK to my taste but did no business the entire afternoon. The girls taken upstairs were mostly below average in looks, but they seemed to hook repeat customers and guys tend to repeat with girls who gave them predictable hot sessions.

Sat Rihanna down in a couch on the second floor where there was less traffic and had a drink with her, sweet talking to her in my pidgin Spanish, was surprised to find out she spoke good English with classy gentle manners. She said from Monterrey, still in school, only flies down to Tijuana on weekends to make extra money for the Christmas holidays. Made a deal with her to go upstairs. Her business was slow all afternoon so she was amenable to a steep discount. The girl was nice, clean, looked beautiful from head to toe. Her body was supple with the most beautiful sexy curves and shapes; her unblemished light skin soft, smooth like satin. Her boobs were slightly droopy with large areolas, thus the large push-up bras. It was very exciting to kiss her sweet mouth, caressing, licking, biting her soft skin. She got aroused by the soft caresses, purring, breathing heavily. It was very sweet driving into her wet coochie. Was very excited and did not last long. Had a hot session with her, got her tel and plan to see this pretty girl again before the Christmas / new year holidays. There are lots of hot girls working in HK and the streets for the next 10 days for extra cash for the holidays.

Had a good afternoon full of good food, hot sex, exciting entertainment, fun company with the bro. Crossing back on SENTRI lane at 6 PM, only took 5 minutes, but the regular and ready lanes stretched back to the park, 4 to 5 hours wait estimated.

WombatEd2
12-17-19, 06:18
Saturday evening, my food was served a bit on the chilly side at Azul Restaurant.

Rainman306
12-18-19, 02:18
Does anyone know the Spanish words for each kind of Taco- beef, pork, chicken, etc?

Member #4722
12-18-19, 03:54
Does anyone know the Spanish words for each kind of Taco- beef, pork, chicken, etc?Beef is carne chicken is pollo pork is adobada.

Dakota5369
12-18-19, 07:26
Second time I have been there and it is just amazingly cheap it is for such a nice place and atmosphere. We both drank water, but got the large tableside caesar salad, 2 tapas (which were awesome) consisting of some potatoes in cheese and cayenne sauce and some fries with a fried egg and some peppers on it, and an entree each. Grand total $44. If this were in Vegas, you would be lucky to get it for double that.

Seattle66
12-18-19, 08:04
If you are talking about the taco stand on the corner, you have asada for the skirt steak and adobado for the pork on the spindle. If they have chicken, it would be pollo.

Does anyone know the Spanish words for each kind of Taco- beef, pork, chicken, etc?

LuvMexicanas
12-18-19, 16:07
Beef is carne chicken is pollo pork is adobada.My favorite pork taco is al pastor.

HorseTrader
12-19-19, 05:20
Second time I have been there and it is just amazingly cheap it is for such a nice place and atmosphere. We both drank water, but got the large tableside caesar salad, 2 tapas (which were awesome) consisting of some potatoes in cheese and cayenne sauce and some fries with a fried egg and some peppers on it, and an entree each. Grand total $44. If this were in Vegas, you would be lucky to get it for double that.I've gotten sick one time in Tijuana. It just so happened about 8 hours after I had my one and only tableside Caesar salad. I try to steer clear of raw foods in Mexico and Thailand, but sometimes I still eat raw. I mean food, the kind you swallow.

KC Questor
12-20-19, 00:58
Does anyone know the Spanish words for each kind of Taco- beef, pork, chicken, etc?Just like in English, there are lots of words for the various types of meats.

So for tacos you have beef, which might be just carne, carne asada, res, birria de res (stewed beef), suadero (a cut of the flank), tripa (intestines), lengua (tongue), cabeza (meat from the head), cachete (cheeks), or more.

Pork may be carnitas, adobado (on the spit), al pastor (marinated with pineapple), barbacoa, chuleta (pork chop).

Chicken is mostly pollo, so that's easy, but you may see tinga (braised thighs).

Don't forget pescado (fish), camarones (shrimp), papas (potato), dorados (fried tacos, similar to taquitos). Fish and shrimp can be empanizado (breaded)

Captain Solo
12-20-19, 20:32
Don't forget the birria, which is braised beef in broth, can be eaten as soup with tortilla, or as tacos. It's chunks of braised beef chuck in a very thick broth, hot and delicious for cold nights. They would refill with that thick broth a few times if you ask. I usually give the guy a few coins into his apron.

I was with a noob wiating for a taco al Tabor in the spindle, gave the taco guy a couple coins into his apron; he was very happy, gave me a plate full of delicious seared pork, about double the size of the normal serving. The noob was impressed hehe.

While the beef carne azada tacos are kind of dry, tough and tasteless, the noobs all fell in love with the taco al tabor, consuming 3 or 4 at each seating, then still want more. A few guys brought tacos home for their significant others, who insist the guys to go more often and bring home those tacos hehe.

Around the plaza next the Cathedral and inside the Mercado Municipal on Ninos Heros 1 block South of Hong Kong, there are a dozen taco shops serving all kinds of dishes, sea food, caldo de rez, tacos with goat and other exotic meats. Combination of 2 tacos, 1 consomme and soda go for 80 pesos or about $4. 50. I found El Choforo mariscos fairly nice and clean, serving fresh delicious seafood at prices lower than food carts.

Just take 100 steps on Ninos Heroes south of the Red Light District and check out the food of average.

ScatManDoo
12-20-19, 22:46
Just like in English, there are lots of words for the various types of meats.

So for tacos you have beef, which might be just carne, carne asada, res, birria de res (stewed beef), suadero (a cut of the flank), tripa (intestines), lengua (tongue), cabeza (meat from the head), cachete (cheeks), or more.

Pork may be carnitas, adobado (on the spit), al pastor (marinated with pineapple), barbacoa, chuleta (pork chop).

Chicken is mostly pollo, so that's easy, but you may see tinga (braised thighs).

Don't forget pescado (fish), camarones (shrimp), papas (potato), dorados (fried tacos, similar to taquitos). Fish and shrimp can be empanizado (breaded)I think it was the owner an the escort agency (maybe "Cumintj") that used to write on T J Amigos about getting eyeballs as the meat in a taco delicacy. Maybe he called them "ojo"? Or something similar?

Captain Solo
12-30-19, 14:24
On Ninos Heroes, one block South of La Zona Norte and Hong Kong, is the Cathedral with its huge pedestrian plaza. There are many food places and services around that plaza:

Choforo Mariscos is a very good sea food place. A special combination sea food quesadilla, a seafood broth and a soda costs only 55 pesos or about $2. 75. This place has the best seafood. Everything they serve is tasty, delicious.

A sea food place next to the Cathedral has combination of 2 huge shrimp tacos, a broth and a soda costs only 80 pesos or about $3. The shrimp tacos are huge, juicy, delicious; the fish tacos are bland and flat. Our 2 lunches cost 160 pesos. I gave the waitress 40 pesos tip. She was grateful. Both places close about 6 to 7 PM.

The Mercado Municipal next to the church is now mostly tacos shops, crowded with families but prices about double the other 2 shops outside in the plaza.

In the alley next to the Cathedral there are legit massage shops quoted $30 an hour and a barber shop for 25 pesos or about $1. 25 for haircut. The place is nice, clean, the women barbers seem decent people.

These are nice places with good deals to eat, have haircut, massages right outside of the Red Light district, worth checking out in the day time.

BrotherMouzone
01-04-20, 18:52
From what I understand the folks who work the HK taco stand refer to it themselves as "Tacos Coahuila".

That's definitely my favorite taco spot in Tijuana. And I've been to Tacos El Franc and the Tacos El Gordo on Constitution. But the chica who recommended the HK taco stand to me is telling me her favorite tacos in Tijuana are at Las Ahumaderas. Looked it up and apparently Anthony Bourdain even featured Las Ahumaderas on one of his food episodes. So will definitely check that spot out the next time I'm there.

Spent a half-day in Rosarito the last time I was in Tijuana and checked out a spot called Tacos El Yaqui. Very, very solid. They might have a location in Tijuana though I'm not sure.

Next time I'm in Tijuana I also plan on checking out Mr Pampas and the Telefonica Gastro Park. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Goyo61
01-05-20, 05:08
BroMou,

Will have to give those others a go. Have been to El Franc where the ambiance is as great as the taco's. Taconazo has two locations, one near Plaza Rio and the other near the dog race track. I really liked their taco's if you get a chance to check out. Telefonica is great with a cool food park type of atmosphere. If looking for any company on food tasting hunt give me a holler.

G

From what I understand the folks who work the HK taco stand refer to it themselves as "Tacos Coahuila".

That's definitely my favorite taco spot in Tijuana. And I've been to Tacos El Franc and the Tacos El Gordo on Constitution. But the chica who recommended the HK taco stand to me is telling me her favorite tacos in Tijuana are at Las Ahumaderas. Looked it up and apparently Anthony Bourdain even featured Las Ahumaderas on one of his food episodes. So will definitely check that spot out the next time I'm there.

Spent a half-day in Rosarito the last time I was in Tijuana and checked out a spot called Tacos El Yaqui. Very, very solid. They might have a location in Tijuana though I'm not sure.

Next time I'm in Tijuana I also plan on checking out Mr Pampas and the Telefonica Gastro Park. Any other suggestions are welcome.

BrotherMouzone
01-06-20, 18:06
BroMou,

Will have to give those others a go. Have been to El Franc where the ambiance is as great as the taco's. Taconazo has two locations, one near Plaza Rio and the other near the dog race track. I really liked their taco's if you get a chance to check out. Telefonica is great with a cool food park type of atmosphere. If looking for any company on food tasting hunt give me a holler.

Ghttps://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pgxvam/one-of-the-best-taquerias-in-tijuana-is-surrounded-by-prostitutes-addicts-and-horny-gringos

I just happened a few minutes ago to come across this article written a couple of years ago about the HK taco stand. It was actually written by the guy who took Anthony Bourdain to Las Ahumaderas for tacos.

Phordphan
01-07-20, 00:53
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pgxvam/one-of-the-best-taquerias-in-tijuana-is-surrounded-by-prostitutes-addicts-and-horny-gringos

I just happened a few minutes ago to come across this article written a couple of years ago about the HK taco stand. It was actually written by the guy who took Anthony Bourdain to Las Ahumaderas for tacos.Great article. Frankly, anybody who says some taqueria has the best tacos in Tijuana is full of shit. There are so many good places you can't count them all. And each place has their own specialty. The asada at one place may be the bomb. But the birria at another is better. And so on.

The taqueria in the article is very good. But, IMO, the one outside Playboy is better, at least for the stuff I like to get. Frankly, I've found many places far outside the Zona that, again IMO, have much better tacos than anything found in the Zona. But, none have the weird melange of assorted weirdos passing by.

Rainman306
01-09-20, 00:01
Just curious if there are any places that will deliver a pizza to a Zona hotel?

Artisttyp
01-09-20, 03:38
Just curious if there are any places that will deliver a pizza to a Zona hotel?Across the street from Hotel Hacienda de Santiago around the corner from the Oxxo.

BayBoy
01-13-20, 03:46
Been in Tijuana for 3 days now. Mongering, eating and gambling. Here's a few observations food wise. Went to El Tucumano Argentine restaurant. Had 3 empanadas (lamb, beef, and salmon). Very tasty went down good and easy. The crust is a little rough. My feeling is they arent as good as empanadas in Buenos Aires but better than Colombian, Peruvian and other So. American countries.

Theres a taco food truck at 7th and Rev. Next to the 7-11. Great pescado tacos, big and tasty, only 20 pesos.

The coffee at Praga is really great. I love it.

Pigopuwu
01-14-20, 06:50
Some of these pictures are dishes served by Tito's Tacos.

The other fish tacos pictures are from the place right next door (which also serves non-fish main courses).

Can you guess which side-by-side restaurant each dish comes from and what each taco contains?I am on a diet. Spare me . (https://1080ppornlist.com/).

LuvMexicanas
01-15-20, 19:48
Menudo tends to generate strong reactions. People either love it like I do or find it disgusting. There's usually not a lot of in between. If you are in the love it bucket, I must tell you that Menuderia Jalisco is among the best I've ever had. The owner is a cool Mexican guy named Alvaro who lives in San Diego. He knows Tijuana well so whatever question you have, he'll likely be able to help. With that said, I have no idea whether he's in the hobby so use your discretion. It is an easy walk to the restaurant from Hotel Ticuan.

ScatManDoo
01-18-20, 17:42
Menudo tends to generate strong reactions. People either love it like I do or find it disgusting. There's usually not a lot of in between. If you are in the love it bucket, I must tell you that Menuderia Jalisco is among the best I've ever had. The owner is a cool Mexican guy named Alvaro who lives in San Diego. He knows Tijuana well so whatever question you have, he'll likely be able to help. With that said, I have no idea whether he's in the hobby so use your discretion. It is an easy walk to the restaurant from Hotel Ticuan.Starting at the Ticuan, would you walk north, south, east or west to arrive at Menuderia Jalisco?

JabberWock
01-18-20, 20:27
Starting at the Ticuan, would you walk north, south, east or west to arrive at Menuderia Jalisco?My I ask what Menudo is or what it is?

LuvMexicanas
01-18-20, 21:57
Starting at the Ticuan, would you walk north, south, east or west to arrive at Menuderia Jalisco?If Amnesia is south, then south it is.

KC Questor
01-18-20, 23:47
Starting at the Ticuan, would you walk north, south, east or west to arrive at Menuderia Jalisco?South three blocks: https://goo.gl/maps/hx8sh4TBxXW8BGDA7.

LuvMexicanas
01-20-20, 23:12
My I ask what Menudo is or what it is?A picture is worth a thousand words. I took these today.

JabberWock
01-21-20, 18:26
A picture is worth a thousand words. I took these today.Thanks. Why is it a love or hate relationship?

LuvMexicanas
01-21-20, 21:30
Thanks. Why is it a love or hate relationship?Google to see what's in there.

Rainman306
01-25-20, 02:47
Had the chance to try the Ribeye at Azul Restaurant (above Hong Kong) and I have to say that it was only okay. Not quite up to the American steak standards I am use to at places like Outback Steakhouse and Texas Roadhouse.

I did get the Ribeye from the breakfast menu in the morning, so not sure if the Ribeye off the dinner menu better. May just stick to burgers here on.

Lastly, noticed all restaurants I have visited in Mexico only have can or bottle soda. Is there no fountain soda in Mexico?

ScatManDoo
01-25-20, 16:23
Thanks. Why is it a love or hate relationship?Menudo's main ingredients are beef tripe (cow stomach), broth, hominy, lime, onions, cilantro, oregano, red chili peppers.

I consider eating & enjoying tripe to be somewhat of an acquired taste.

JabberWock
01-25-20, 20:28
Menudo's main ingredients are beef tripe (cow stomach), broth, hominy, lime, onions, cilantro, oregano, red chili peppers.

I consider eating & enjoying tripe to be somewhat of an acquired taste.I agree with you. I have not acquired a taste for beef tripe. I had enough issues with Hagas in Scotland.

Scbb1
01-26-20, 00:27
Just curious if there are any places that will deliver a pizza to a Zona hotel?I believe they have a Dominos that delivers.

Artisttyp
01-27-20, 00:43
I believe they have a Dominos that delivers.Any of the garage attendants at Hotel Leyva can show you their numerous menus from which they order from. I also think Uber Eats is alive and well just look online via cellphone to see if they deliver from the restaurant you wish to order from.

StRobert
01-27-20, 11:00
Recently, I ate several times in the restaurant "Los Panchos" address 885 Avenida Revolucion this is the corner of the street Avenida Revolucion/Tercera (Carillo Puerto) or (Third Street). Menu: "Caldo de Res" beef soup with vegetables and beer was around $ 8, chicken fajitas and beer $ 12 and two fish tacos and beer $ 5. You can eat on the street or inside. Service and food good and there is a restroom at the back. About 10 min. Walk from the Hong Kong club. Avenida Revolucion looked very safe at 9 PM on Saturday. All premises open and many people on the street. Link http://lospanchostijuana.com/#home-slider.

AlbrechtM
01-28-20, 12:20
A picture is worth a thousand words. I took these today.Looks very tasty.

StRobert
02-08-20, 08:24
On Wednesday around 7 PM after sex in Hong Kong I went to this famous Caesar's restaurant on Avenida Revolucion. I ordered at the bar Caesar's salad, french onion soup and Corona beer. The food was excellent, my bill was $ 15. Weekday afternoon or evening is good for a visit to this restaurant because it is always full on weekends. I will definitely go back to this restaurant again.

OrganicAlo
02-08-20, 16:02
On Wednesday around 7 PM after sex in Hong Kong I went to this famous Caesar's restaurant on Avenida Revolucion. I ordered at the bar Caesar's salad, french onion soup and Corona beer. The food was excellent, my bill was $ 15. Weekday afternoon or evening is good for a visit to this restaurant because it is always full on weekends. I will definitely go back to this restaurant again.I just returned from a quick trip to the border Tuesday. My buddy and I got caesers when we first got there and caesers the next day before we left, food and drinks are amazing there.

BealeFay
02-10-20, 04:35
I just returned from a quick trip to the border Tuesday. (http://analpornvideos.xxx/) My buddy and I got caesers when we first got there and caesers the next day before we left, food and drinks are amazing there.Hey,

What do you recommend?

KC Questor
02-11-20, 03:09
What do you recommend?I'm not the OP, but I've eaten there. Never had a bad meal, although it is a bit pricey for Tijuana. You pay a premium for the name and location (and the ambiance is admittedly very nice).

The salad is of course the reason anyone knows about the place. If you get the side salad they just bring it out, but if you get the full salad they make it at your table. It is enough to share.
http://i.imgur.com/32cf3mh.jpg (https://imgur.com/32cf3mh)
http://i.imgur.com/Zq3BxhD.jpg (https://imgur.com/Zq3BxhD)

Their carpaccio (https://i.imgur.com/48nApkQ.jpg) is great as is the shrimp appetizer. I love bone marrow (https://i.imgur.com/F4hxXI0.jpg), but theirs is way overpriced. Still a treat though.

Steaks are always a good choice there. The peppered ribeye (https://i.imgur.com/Lof6ATE.jpg) is good, but I prefer the steak a la Victor. Chateaubriand is very tender, but not much flavor (too lean!). Go with a sauced steak if you can. Lamb chops (https://i.imgur.com/e8iYR9i.jpg) were good, too. My buddy swears by the Beef Wellington (https://i.imgur.com/69I0SDK.jpg), but I avoid carbs so haven't tried it. Others have told me the pasta is very good, and I wish I had a chance to try the duck tortellini before I gave it up.

Goyo61
02-11-20, 07:26
I was at Caesars on Sunday for a bowl of their tortilla soup which hit the spot as it was rainy and a bit cold that day.

Another thing I love about Caesars is when you go to the rest room they have these great vintage photo's on the walls to check out. Gives a great perspective of what it was like in the hay-day's.

Goyo.

I'm not the OP, but I've eaten there. Never had a bad meal, although it is a bit pricey for Tijuana. You pay a premium for the name and location (and the ambiance is admittedly very nice).

The salad is of course the reason anyone knows about the place. If you get the side salad they just bring it out, but if you get the full salad they make it at your table. It is enough to share.
http://i.imgur.com/32cf3mh.jpg (https://imgur.com/32cf3mh)
http://i.imgur.com/Zq3BxhD.jpg (https://imgur.com/Zq3BxhD)

Their carpaccio (https://i.imgur.com/48nApkQ.jpg) is great as is the shrimp appetizer. I love bone marrow (https://i.imgur.com/F4hxXI0.jpg), but theirs is way overpriced. Still a treat though.

Steaks are always a good choice there. The peppered ribeye (https://i.imgur.com/Lof6ATE.jpg) is good, but I prefer the steak a la Victor. Chateaubriand is very tender, but not much flavor (too lean!). Go with a sauced steak if you can. Lamb chops (https://i.imgur.com/e8iYR9i.jpg) were good, too. My buddy swears by the Beef Wellington (https://i.imgur.com/69I0SDK.jpg), but I avoid carbs so haven't tried it. Others have told me the pasta is very good, and I wish I had a chance to try the duck tortellini before I gave it up.

EagleRoamer
02-11-20, 23:48
Its located on Santiago Arguello street, half way between constitution and revolution.

Captain Solo
02-13-20, 06:28
That's a very good deal for tourist area.

There are only 10 or so sea food restaurants in that trinket alley between hotel Nelson and the McDonalds. So what's its name or approx location?

Titos Mariscos on O'Campo and Calle Sexta charges 80 pesos for a whole fried fish, don't know what species, may be a sea bass, with rice, salad and broth, a whole meal. Good deal huh? Look at that menu. But it's far from La Zona.

Cheapest place I found that offer fried whole fish for 100 p.