PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessary hard returns

AussieGaigin
03-18-16, 10:05
I have noticed a few "Editor's Comments" about unnecessary Hard returns, where a message has a had return at the end of every line.

I agree that this is annoying.

But I don't believe it is deliberate. Copying a report from another format can cause this, it has happened to me a few times. I have submitted a couple of reports in the past which appeared to be correctly formatted, when when I subsequently come back to view them as posted in the forum, they have gone into this hard return format.

I have subsequently gone back and edited the report to make it appear normal, but with a time limit on editing, one has to be quick.

Red Kilt
03-18-16, 13:35
I have subsequently gone back and edited the report to make it appear normal, but with a time limit on editing, one has to be quick.At least you go back and edit the report AGG.

So many guys just post without checking the format or spelling etc in their posts once it is online nor do they bother to edit it if there are any issues.

As I understand it, you have a at least a good 10 minutes or so to edit your post so that the format is OK and the typos are corrected. Some guys post gibberish and don't seem to care.