PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change the settings to display posts from earliest to latest

Queens35
06-17-16, 04:37
I can't get used to reading the board backwards. Is there an option to change so that page 1 has the first post and subsequent pages have later posts?

Thanks.

Jerboa
10-24-16, 00:58
I also hate reading the board backwards, how do I change it to older at top new at bottom?

Red Kilt
10-24-16, 01:25
I also hate reading the board backwards, how do I change it to older at top new at bottom?I don't know if there is an option to do that but for me, FWIW, I prefer the newest posts at the top.

Jerboa
10-25-16, 01:46
I don't know if there is an option to do that but for me, FWIW, I prefer the newest posts at the top.Any other forum you can change view, why not on ISG, I find it annoying and unnatural.

ReligionLol
05-21-18, 01:04
I'm also having this problem, anyone know how to fix it?

Nfetparis
11-22-20, 20:25
Yeah it's super annoying and I really can't browse because of this.

Tvataham274
07-14-21, 22:33
I too would like to add here. It is much harder to read new posts, having to go up and down more often than just down with, well, every other forum I've been on. It is weird to say the least.

AussieGaigin
07-15-21, 03:15
Reading the FAQs always helps, it explains how to change the display.

Tvataham274
07-15-21, 20:48
Reading the FAQs always helps, it explains how to change the display.I might not be the brightest bulb, but I am not seeing this option anywhere in threads.

Thread Display Options.

Can I change the order of posts?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

Tvataham274
07-15-21, 20:51
Thread tools have, show printable, email, subscribe links.

Search thread has a search box and advanced button.

Nothing else indicates to change the view order.

Tvataham274
07-28-21, 19:58
I'm wondering, can anyone advise here? The FAQs say to do one thing (and I've used previous forums that use the same software as this) but the option isn't even there.

AussieGaigin
07-30-21, 03:24
I might not be the brightest bulb, but I am not seeing this option anywhere in threads.

Thread Display Options.

Can I change the order of posts?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.That facility used to be somewhere in the UCP Settings. I managed to change the order here a while back. But you are correct, it is no longer in the places I would expect to find it.

Maybe the admins can provide an update?