PDA

View Full Version : A tale o two cities

Viajando Musico
01-05-17, 01:28
I am sure this has been discussed before, but I want to bring it up again here according to my recent trips experiences.

In the second half of 2016, I made 3 trips to Colombia. First 2 were to Medellin and the last one in Dec. To Bogota. In my own comparison between the 2 biggest cities in Colombia, Medellin comes out on top on most of them. But I have to say that for mongering, Bogota is my city choice. I know most of us are flocking to Medellin for its weather, more economical costs, ease of navigating the City. , and many members here are long-time residents of Medellin. I do agree that MED is a better, easier and cheaper place to live. I would choose MDE to live over BOG as well. But I found Bogota is a much bigger and better playground for mongers.

We had a recent discussion here on authority trying to clean up sex tourism in Poblado, and our concern of being labeled as sex tourist. I saw in many store, caf or restaurants while there, the "refuse sex tourism" sign, and I did get asked suspiciously about why I came to Medellin a couple times in MED by local forks, although I did have legitimate reason for my trips. In BOG, nobody cares about why you are there. I went out with my 21 year-old spinner to eat, to dance, and we never got any attention. You just blend in easily in a City so diverse and will never get noticed.

There are so many venues in Bogota one can venture out while the options in MED kind of runs out in about a week. To my knowledge, there is probably no establishments like M1 and M2 in Poblado that provide the convenience of all-in-one package in BOG, so for non-Spanish speaking folks, there is that advantage using their services. But I found in BOG, there are a lot more people with English skill. You might still need Spanish if you want to conduct a longer conversation with the chicas, but the language factor is not as critical as in MED.

I also felt that Chicas in BOG, especially working chicas are very adopted to expats. Maybe there are so many of them around. They view you as a foreigner who might be their neighbors or somebody who works in the area, instead of a guy travel for distance to find the establishments. And since it is the Capital much larger in size and population, the choice and variety are so profound, not just Paisas. All my encounters with chicas in BOG were all very good GFE, and I even keep contact with a couple of them almost on a daily basis who are looking forward to seeing me again when I return.

I posted my trip report in BOG thread, but I post this comparison here in MED thread to see what other members think.

YippieKayay
01-05-17, 02:50
We had a recent discussion here on authority trying to clean up sex tourism in Poblado, and our concern of being labeled as sex tourist. I saw in many store, caf or restaurants while there, the "refuse sex tourism" sign, and I did get asked suspiciously about why I came to Medellin a couple times in MED by local forks, although I did have legitimate reason for my trips. In BOG, nobody cares about why you are there. I went out with my 21 year-old spinner to eat, to dance, and we never got any attention. You just blend in easily in a City so diverse and will never get noticed.
Even customs raised an eyebrow when I arrived in Bogota and told them I was going to Medellin. They immediately asked "negocio" and I said "no, tourisma. " The lady paused a bit and then processed me. I could have just imagined it.

In Medellin, the driver who picked me up told me he was tired of sex tourists, but only after he asked me if I wanted a girl, and I told him I wasn't interested. He said it's the putas who are ruining El Poblado. Then in the most bizarre thing I had encountered there, he quickly took me around Parque Lleras before dropping me off at my apartment, and would say "Bandita" about any girl he saw. We're talking regular customers at restaurants. "Mira, mira, la banditas!" This left me with an initial impression that the women around Parque Lleras were all putas. Of course, once I got out and about I realized half of them are Latin American tourists, the rest locals.

At least in November, there wasn't any real game around Parque Lleras unless you grabbed a street walker around the liquor store. The rest was non pro action. Casas, stripclubs, and backpage advertisements were all available just fine.

My favorite city now is Cartagena, which I'm going to in a few weeks. Plenty of ass to fuck out in the open.