PDA

View Full Version : 6 Month FMM pass for pedestrians entering Mexico San Ysidro entry.

Ninguno Especial
07-02-17, 20:03
Don't worry about the online form, just get it when you go there. It will cost 500 pesos or about 27/28 bucks, depending on the peso exchange rate.Price has really gone up since they started this BS some of it may be due to the exchange rate. Mine is expired now but I've been in a hurry and haven't taken time to renew it. They rarely check the actual date but when they do if expired they send me to the bank to buy another.

TomJackin
07-02-17, 22:52
Price has really gone up since they started this BS some of it may be due to the exchange rate. Mine is expired now but I've been in a hurry and haven't taken time to renew it. They rarely check the actual date but when they do if expired they send me to the bank to buy another.The price went up in January 2017. No biggie, it's their country and their rules. I have no trouble with any of their rules or regulations.

Long Don Silva
07-03-17, 15:08
Is anyone aware of the following statement on the FMM website and can provide clarification? The second M is for multiple, which contradicts said statement:

"The applicant acknowledges herein that the FMM has a maximum validity of 180 calendar days and shall be valid for one entry only."

Dcrist0527
07-03-17, 22:41
Is anyone aware of the following statement on the FMM website and can provide clarification? The second M is for multiple, which contradicts said statement:

"The applicant acknowledges herein that the FMM has a maximum validity of 180 calendar days and shall be valid for one entry only."I am probably not qualified to answer this. But I will tell you what an immigration official told me. On a trip, I made the mistake of honesty. LOL I told her I was there for 8 days. She told me that I would have to get the 180 day FMM for $26. It was the first I heard of it. She was very cool about it, let me go with a free 7-day visa. But she did tell me it was good for only one entry. She explained it more like a step towards residency, not a tourist visa.

Member #2041
07-04-17, 01:48

"The applicant acknowledges herein that the FMM has a maximum validity of 180 calendar days and shall be valid for one entry only."In practical terms, at the San Ysidro border, it is accepted for multiple entries throughout the 180 day duration. And when crossing back over, there is no place nor need to surrender the pass, so you will still have it for the next time you cross. I've probably used my current FMM180, which expires in 3 weeks, about 18-20 times to cross.

DduFail
08-27-17, 22:54
In practical terms, at the San Ysidro border, it is accepted for multiple entries throughout the 180 day duration. And when crossing back over, there is no place nor need to surrender the pass, so you will still have it for the next time you cross. I've probably used my current FMM180, which expires in 3 weeks, about 18-20 times to cross.Same experience as 2041. I am on my second six-month visa now (fee was 500 Pesos). Crossed back and forth perhaps 20 times per first six-month period, and perhaps 5 times since late-June; never any issues.

The 'visa' itself is flimsy, and prone to damage, so I use scotch-tape to cover all four sides for protection.