PDA

View Full Version : ISG page load slows

Tommy Suharto
01-31-20, 09:45
Just wondering why ISG has become so slow recently. Page loading can take ages and sometimes the pages don't even load at all, resulting in the below error:

"ERROR.

The requested URL could not be retrieved".

(note that these errors appear not in, but outside backup times).

MrPhantom
01-31-20, 13:26
Just wondering why ISG has become so slow recently. Page loading can take ages and sometimes the pages don't even load at all, resulting in the below error:

"ERROR.

(note that these errors appear not in, but outside backup times).Agreed. I've been noticing these errors.

I often get the error that the site could be available due to routine maintenance / backups, and mention the time. However I've been encountering those errors outside the maintenance / backup hours.

Lefeu
01-31-20, 14:45

"ERROR.

(note that these errors appear not in, but outside backup times).I noticed the same problem. In frustration, I just log off and try a bit later. Hoping this problem is temporary.

Member #4698
01-31-20, 15:02
Same Same here. It is becoming difficult to log on & post. I have no such problems on other similar sites. I have changed browsers to no effect, it doesn't help. I have turned on my VPN app and that sometimes solves the issue, but not always. So I think the problem is on the ISG side.

Beijing4987
01-31-20, 16:10
USA ISG loads up ok. Sometimes I use that to link to the International site.

XXL
01-31-20, 16:37
I have been in Africa for the past 2 weeks. I thought this was an African problem like some sort of censorship. But then if it were switching on the VPN would solve the issue and it doesn't.

RainmanSahut
01-31-20, 22:53
Hello!

This is definitely a problem with ISG servers.

For over 1 month I have experienced same difficulties.

Yes, I have tried more than 1 VPN programs from relocating to various locations.

Yes, sometimes this helps a little.

We should not have to resort to such procedures.

The Bottom line, ISG servers are bogging down and sometimes freezing.

That is My 2 cents.

Rainman.

I have been in Africa for the past 2 weeks. I thought this was an African problem like some sort of censorship. But then if it were switching on the VPN would solve the issue and it doesn't.

Tommy Suharto
02-01-20, 01:53
If it is a common problem that happens across the board, perhaps we can ask site admin kindly to have a look?

I am not sure what the best way is to contact them.

Although still a little 'sticky', I can see the ISG pages are now loading much better, but a few hours ago it wasn't. Maybe ISG is hosted on a shared server, where other sites are on the same server and eating away it's bandwidth? I don't know, perhaps something like that.

PunterWanderer
02-01-20, 14:40
I don't know if it's related with the very topic, but since 3-4 days I've some issues while browsing through the forums.

I receive the attached error. Problem is that it doesn't last only 30 minutes, it doesn't happen only in that timespan and sometimes the error occurs again after few minutes.