PDA

View Full Version : Colombia / Travel Coronavirus Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Surfer500
05-30-20, 15:50
No one was talking about you, as the world doesn't revolve around you, nor does it give a fuck about you. Stunning facts of life huh? Sobering as well. The issue was AA "Concierge Key" 50 K a year in tickets plus business class upgrades (woo woo) claimed by another poster (not you), but he's bobbing and weaving in the developing world around cops scooping low end street walkers. Add to that the fact that he says to just file a CC chargeback in lieu of any effort to first call the airline, and that well establishes that he's royally full if shit. One thing you'll notice if you hang around enough mongers is that many just love to lie. That's up to them, but when such translate into advice on the internet worth correcting. That said, who needs to brush up on their reading comprehension?Your correct about whom was spending the 50 K a year, I was in error, however what I find troublesome with your remarks is about how you lambast other posters as to how they roll. However that is just my opinion, of which everyone is entitled to.

Knowledge
05-30-20, 16:05
The European Union also required airlines that operate in its territory to provide full refunds when they cancel flights due to Coronavirus restrictions. I agree there is little to no risk in waiting to book travel. I doubt there will be a shortage of availability, even though published schedules show far fewer flights than pre-coronavirus. Fewer flights mean higher fares.

Dreaming about, yes. As far as looking forward to. Not quite.

Certainly not putting out any money booking tickets, etc. That's where it gets real. I don't want to book and then have to try to collect my refund, future flight credit. Whatever. Now I know in US apparently if they cancel they have to refund you. But not so where I am. And basically airlines can't afford to do the full refund route. So I'm not giving them any of my money to sit on for some possible unknown future flight. I already have my frequent flyer points doing that. Not sure if I'll ever be able to cash those in.

Surfer500
05-30-20, 17:40
The European Union also required airlines that operate in its territory to provide full refunds when they cancel flights due to Coronavirus restrictions. I agree there is little to no risk in waiting to book travel. I doubt there will be a shortage of availability, even though published schedules show far fewer flights than pre-coronavirus. Fewer flights mean higher fares.What may actually occur when things open up are that there may be some lower prices, or price wars for passengers, especially from those who have declared Chapter 11 and are back in business such as AVIANCA / LATAM if they are still around and who knows whom else.

I'm just going to wait it out, I have a credit / voucher for a one way ticket business class with AVIANCA because I am a "big shot" as has been declared on this thread, and I really am, that's assuming of course that they actually resume flying again after re-organizing or downsizing, or whatever happens.

Knowledge
05-30-20, 18:11
It's disappointing but understandable that long term sex deprivation can lead to gratuitous personal attacks laced with foul language. That doesn't change the fact that none us have done anything to deserve it. I suppose it might bother me if I did not have other ways to spend my free time.

Your correct about whom was spending the 50 K a year, I was in error, however what I find troublesome with your remarks is about how you lambast other posters as to how they roll. However that is just my opinion, of which everyone is entitled to.

Paulie97
05-30-20, 21:22
It's disappointing but understandable that long term sex deprivation can lead to gratuitous personal attacks laced with foul language. That doesn't change the fact that none us have done anything to deserve it. I suppose it might bother me if I did not have other ways to spend my free time.Some people love the sound of their own voice, and this translates into internet activity. That's okay until the BS effects us as a community by way of bad advice. Then it's it's okay to speak up, here in the ISG and WSG of old.

YippieKayay
05-31-20, 04:45
Please don't turn this thread back into graphs, numbers, and depressing speculations. The current official date of opening is September 1st. This is something we can look forward to.I understand, just keep in mind the raw numbers KEEP GOING UP in Colombia not down. It's still hasn't peaked over there. It took China 3 months to peak and subside with draconian measures.

Does anyone have anymore info on the September 1 date other than a vague tweet from the ministry of transportation? Despite what some posters think I'd love to go back but EVERYTHING I'm told by my contacts there (on the coast) is that its bad.

Knowledge
05-31-20, 14:49
It is very bad on the Pacific coast and in Cartagena, Bogota, and Cali. Amazonas is also enduring bleed over from Brazil. You asked for more specifics about September 1. The night of that announcement during the President's daily briefing (it was not announced in a tweet), while seated at the table with his ministers President Duque announced that local authorities (mayors and governors) have the authority to restrict or loosen rules in their territories within the national rules. This means although international travel will be authorized it could remain restricted from certain airports. I intercity travel has been restricted since March. Local authorities can lift or impose that restriction as well. We saw Bogota Mayor Claudia Lopez do it this Friday in response to increasing infections in barrios in south Bogota. Those are the facts. I will stand by for interpretations, prognostications and guesstimates.

I understand, just keep in mind the raw numbers KEEP GOING UP in Colombia not down. It's still hasn't peaked over there. It took China 3 months to peak and subside with draconian measures.

Does anyone have anymore info on the September 1 date other than a vague tweet from the ministry of transportation? Despite what some posters think I'd love to go back but EVERYTHING I'm told by my contacts there (on the coast) is that its bad.

SJobs
05-31-20, 23:12
I understand, just keep in mind the raw numbers KEEP GOING UP in Colombia not down. It's still hasn't peaked over there. It took China 3 months to peak and subside with draconian measures.

Does anyone have anymore info on the September 1 date other than a vague tweet from the ministry of transportation? Despite what some posters think I'd love to go back but EVERYTHING I'm told by my contacts there (on the coast) is that its bad.I think this source is pretty legit, the official date is 9/1. https://www.dinero.com/pais/articulo/vuelos-internacionales-en-colombia-se-reactivaran-en-septiembre/287173.

Elvis 2008
06-01-20, 00:30
I agree there is little to no risk in waiting to book travel.I agree, but there is one thing to point out. Today is the last day to buy a ticket from American Airlines where there are no change fees.

Paulie97
06-01-20, 01:26
I Those are the facts..Check all your "facts" elsewhere.

Knowledge
06-01-20, 01:39
That is a huge point. It could be worthwhile to grab one just for the no fee change. It's been a lot of years since you could change for free w9thput buying business class or better.

I agree, but there is one thing to point out. Today is the last day to buy a ticket from American Airlines where there are no change fees.

YippieKayay
06-06-20, 15:16
This article goes into some detail on the second phase:

https://thebogotapost.com/coronavirus-colombia-new-phase-of-lockdown-to-begin-in-june-but-will-it-work-nationwide

Mojo Bandit
06-17-20, 20:55
https://colombiareports.com/colombia-projects-41000-coronavirus-deaths-before-end-of-2020/

HBoy54
06-17-20, 21:29
https://colombiareports.com/colombia-projects-41000-coronavirus-deaths-before-end-of-2020/I hate to use Trump's terminology but I have to call Fake News on this one. Report claims "local media"reported on this but I can find no evidence.

Mojo Bandit
06-18-20, 04:44
. Report claims "local media"reported on this but I can find no evidence.I can't find this reported anywhere else either.

Kazeu
06-18-20, 04:52
I can't find this reported anywhere else either.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9S78U0S-8&t=34s

"Para diciembre, 41.622 personas habráand muerto por COVID-19 en Colombia: proyección del gobierno".

HBoy54
06-18-20, 08:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9S78U0S-8&t=34s

"Para diciembre, 41.622 personas habrand muerto por COVID-19 en Colombia: proyecciand del gobierno".Better article from June 15: https://www.semana.com/nacion/articulo/41600-muertos-en-diciembre-proyeccion-de-presidencia-para-defender-emergencia/679785.

As best I can understand Duque's office sent a 100 page petition to the Constitutional Court presenting a worst case projection through December. Duque is seeking authority to extend the "emergency" so as to extend his ability to govern by decree. (like Trump's executive orders). This number of deaths is based on the dubious assertion that there will be 3. 6 million cases by the end of the year. There are currently 55 thousand.

I haven't been able to locate a copy of the 100 page petition.

Paulie97
06-18-20, 15:12
I hate to use Trump's terminology but I have to call Fake News on this one. Report claims "local media"reported on this but I can find no evidence.https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/colombia/

Scroll down and check the graphs. Daily new cases and daily deaths have been steadily spiking in Colombia. You aren't getting in Colombia for a long time, and very likely this will be well beyond Sept 1. They do not depend on US tourism, and will not be letting people in from countries like that US that have high rates of transmissions. Usually it's "about the money" but this virus business is a whole different kettle of fish. And guys were expecting to get into Costa Rica July 1, but that isn't happening either, not even close.

https://ticotimes.net/2020/06/16/health-ministry-suggests-very-gradual-return-for-international-tourism-to-costa-rica

Find fun in your own towns and neighborhoods, or if you are in the Southwest USA consider the Mexican border towns. Dreaming about Colombia is a pipedream for the foreseeable future.

Paulie97
06-18-20, 17:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9S78U0S-8&t=34s

"Para diciembre, 41.622 personas habrand muerto por COVID-19 en Colombia: proyecciand del gobierno".That 41 K deaths by year end is a worse case scenario estimate. It's also true that confirmed cases and death rates are steadily on the rise.

SoberHans69
06-18-20, 17:14
When would you lot guess we can visit Colombia again?

Paulie97
06-18-20, 20:54
When would you lot guess we can visit Colombia again?There's one thing all the guesses so far have had in common, they've all been wrong.

Mojo Bandit
07-04-20, 22:10
My blog is for any updates regarding mongers being able to travel to Colombia again, it is not for people to post various rants, opining and explaining about Coronavirus. This has hijacked my blog before and then no one can see messages about travel. There are other places you can post those things, or one could start a blog dedicated to just that but not here. It is not the purpose of my blog, only that which has some relation to travel to Colombia related to restrictions being lifted etc will not be deleted! And let us all pray together that this is sooner rather than later.

Mojo Bandit
07-06-20, 08:49
To whom it may concern.

Master Monger reposted his post that was not about travel to Colombia but was only about Coronavirus in the "travel plans".

Keep the posts on here related directly to Travel to Colombia as is related to mongers being allowed back in the country please. If you set up a table to play cards and come and start throwing my checkers all over your table that would make no sense. And it would be disrespectful. Than when you complain if I go to your mailbox and shit in it, that would also be uncalled for and disrespectful but yet here we are. People throwing their checkers on my card table and when I explain that this is a card table and not a checkers table they go shit in my mailbox.

YyzTravel
07-06-20, 15:46
To whom it may concern.

Master Monger reposted his post that was not about travel to Colombia but was only about Coronavirus in the "travel plans".

Keep the posts on here related directly to Travel to Colombia as is related to mongers being allowed back in the country please. If you set up a table to play cards and come and start throwing my checkers all over your table that would make no sense. And it would be disrespectful. Than when you complain if I go to your mailbox and shit in it, that would also be uncalled for and disrespectful but yet here we are. People throwing their checkers on my card table and when I explain that this is a card table and not a checkers table they go shit in my mailbox.Good call out Mojo. Some of us care about logistics to travel back to Columbia, and I was getting sick of all the people diving down science and political coronavirus conversations; I simply want to know logistics / practical information with respect to when the country will be back open, under what circumstance. Etc. Frankly, I'm here for info be / see I want to be balls deep in Colombian pussy.

Mojo Bandit
07-31-20, 03:42
This article states that Colombia is hoping to open back up to international flights in November but that they will also be doing so with an eye on how the pandemic is affecting other countries: I translate this to mean that they will be accepting flights (and possible citizens) from countries where the pandemic is not highly active.

"The normalization of flights for "tourism and visitors" would not be taking place until November, according to the Aerocivil schedule.

"The Aerocivil schedule stressing that reopening flights depends on the development of the pandemic indicates that the reopening could also be defined by country or region depending on the prevalence of COVID-19. ".

https://colombiareports.com/colombia-hopes-to-have-international-air-traffic-normalized-by-november/

SethMacfarlane
07-31-20, 05:02
This article states that Colombia is hoping to open back up to international flights in November but that they will also be doing so with an eye on how the pandemic is affecting other countries: I translate this to mean that they will be accepting flights (and possible citizens) from countries where the pandemic is not highly active.

"The normalization of flights for "tourism and visitors" would not be taking place until November, according to the Aerocivil schedule.

"The Aerocivil schedule stressing that reopening flights depends on the development of the pandemic indicates that the reopening could also be defined by country or region depending on the prevalence of COVID-19. ".

https://colombiareports.com/colombia-hopes-to-have-international-air-traffic-normalized-by-november/JFC. I hope so. I need some international travel / pussy in my life!

SJobs
08-03-20, 09:24

https://colombiareports.com/colombia-hopes-to-have-international-air-traffic-normalized-by-november/It says " general aviation and business" travel will be allowed in September. This is very ambiguous, what is general and business?

Zeos1
08-03-20, 18:09

https://colombiareports.com/colombia-hopes-to-have-international-air-traffic-normalized-by-november/The wording of that sounds quite similar to what Costa Rica is doing, which is allowing visitors and / or flights, from countries where Covid-19 is considered under control. Which, as of August 1, is most of Europe, Great Britain, and Canada. Perhaps Colombia may do it this way in November.

Mr Matrix
08-03-20, 20:51
It says " general aviation and business" travel will be allowed in September. This is very ambiguous, what is general and business?General Aviation is a term used for private chartered flights like executive jets etc. Business travel could be anyone travelling specifically to do business in Colombia, not sure if our type of business would count although we are helping the Colombian economy in our own way!

SJobs
08-04-20, 01:31
General Aviation is a term used for private chartered flights like executive jets etc. Business travel could be anyone travelling specifically to do business in Colombia, not sure if our type of business would count although we are helping the Colombian economy in our own way!Thanks for the information. I wish one day I can chatter my own private jet. For now, I hope I can somehow justify a business need and get back to Medellin in September.

Xavter
08-04-20, 15:12
General Aviation is a term used for private chartered flights like executive jets etc. Business travel could be anyone travelling specifically to do business in Colombia, not sure if our type of business would count although we are helping the Colombian economy in our own way!I think business travel would probably require a business visa as opposed to tourists which don't require a visa.

Mojo Bandit
08-08-20, 03:27
I wish one day I can chatter my own private jet. .I assume that you would one day like to charter a flight versus chatter a flight. I am the king of typos so I understand. Here is a thought out of left field and probably not doable because of all the factors that would have to line up to make it work, I personally could not partake because my job is keeping me from it.

I looked up charter flights and it looks like you could fly one-way from Miami to Medellin for $18,570 - but the plane holds 9 people therefore if you could get 8 other people than you would only pay $2,063, This is a one way flight so each participant would be on there own as far as finding a way to get back. I say this because it seems like you mentioned that you could stay there indefinitely. Pretty sure that if you double these prices and everyone in your flight could agree on the time frame than that would be a plan also, but I am just spitballing and this was a quick search where I ran the price on the first website I seen that charters to Medellin. The other major problem besides finding eight other guys that can arranger their schedules is the logistics of getting the payment money together from these various and potentially anonymous sources.

SJobs
08-08-20, 04:13
I assume that you would one day like to charter a flight versus chatter a flight. I am the king of typos so I understand. Here is a thought out of left field and probably not doable because of all the factors that would have to line up to make it work, I personally could not partake because my job is keeping me from it.

I looked up charter flights and it looks like you could fly one-way from Miami to Medellin for $18,570 - but the plane holds 9 people therefore if you could get 8 other people than you would only pay $2,063, This is a one way flight so each participant would be on there own as far as finding a way to get back. I say this because it seems like you mentioned that you could stay there indefinitely. Pretty sure that if you double these prices and everyone in your flight could agree on the time frame than that would be a plan also, but I am just spitballing and this was a quick search where I ran the price on the first website I seen that charters to Medellin. The other major problem besides finding eight other guys that can arranger their schedules is the logistics of getting the payment money together from these various and potentially anonymous sources.Thanks the information Mojo. Yes, this time, if I can make it cross the boarder to Medellin I will stay for at least 6 month to a year, if things work out, I will buy my favorite penthouse in Provenza and make Medellin one of my permanent home. $18.5 k is a bit steep for covid travel, but 2-5 k for a one way ticket is definitely within my budget. I have lawyers working on my business visa for now, I will start look into chartered flights. It will be challenging to find 8 other people who are willing to fly one way. Man, it is surprising what a man would do for pussies.

Mojo Bandit
08-08-20, 07:49
I assume that you would one day like to charter a flight versus chatter a flight. I am the king of typos so I understand. Here is a thought out of left field and probably not doable because of all the factors that would have to line up to make it work, I personally could not partake because my job is keeping me from it.

I looked up charter flights and it looks like you could fly one-way from Miami to Medellin for $18,570 - but the plane holds 9 people therefore if you could get 8 other people than you would only pay $2,063, This is a one way flight so each participant would be on there own as far as finding a way to get back. I say this because it seems like you mentioned that you could stay there indefinitely. Pretty sure that if you double these prices and everyone in your flight could agree on the time frame than that would be a plan also, but I am just spitballing and this was a quick search where I ran the price on the first website I seen that charters to Medellin. The other major problem besides finding eight other guys that can arranger their schedules is the logistics of getting the payment money together from these various and potentially anonymous sources.When I made this post I meant to attach this image that showed the various prices for different size planes with various capacities.

Mojo Bandit
08-08-20, 07:53
Goat an email from Avianca that looks to me like they are trying to come up with deals for people so they can get some revenue coming in. The deals are pretty damn good if you have a minimum of optimism for the future. They are not only offering low prices but also a lot of flexibility for changing circumstances.

Xavter
08-14-20, 10:21
Looks like this is the news we were all expecting. For those of us who can read Spanish:

Official Statement: https://twitter.com/BOG_ELDORADO/status/1294090412022521856?s=20.

Only 3 national routes to open in September -.

Bogot. Cartagena.

Bogot. Leticia.

Bogot. San Andres.

No word on when international air travel will restart. In my opinion, probably not this year based on other articles. For those of you who jumped the gun and bought tickets on Avianca, you may want to call your credit card company to get a refund. When I read there T&see's, they only mentioned making free changes until the end of the year.

ILuvThePussy
08-18-20, 16:36
Looks like they approved MDE for domestic travel as well. They have stayed quiet about international travel. Looks less and less likely that they are going to open up. A man can dream though.

Fun Luvr
08-19-20, 01:41
Looks like they approved MDE for domestic travel as well. They have stayed quiet about international travel. Looks less and less likely that they are going to open up. A man can dream though.I think there is room for optimism from reading the tweet linked to in Xavter's post. The tweet talks about the benefits of having tourists return to Bogota. The mayor of Bogota has been a major proponent of lockdowns. Having him endorse flights, even if only domestic for now, is a major breakthrough in my opinion. Reading between the lines of the tweet, flights probably didn't start earlier because all the changes and safeguards in the airport have not been completed. All we can do is wait, but I see a flicker of light in the tunnel. I just hope it's not a train.

Kafka
08-19-20, 22:11
I think there is room for optimism from reading the tweet linked to in Xavter's post. The tweet talks about the benefits of having tourists return to Bogota. The mayor of Bogota has been a major proponent of lockdowns. Having him endorse flights, even if only domestic for now, is a major breakthrough in my opinion. Reading between the lines of the tweet, flights probably didn't start earlier because all the changes and safeguards in the airport have not been completed. All we can do is wait, but I see a flicker of light in the tunnel. I just hope it's not a train.With new rapid tests coming available it's just a matter of time. Latest will be early November for no quarantine international flights.

Zeos1
08-20-20, 00:45
With new rapid tests coming available it's just a matter of time. Latest will be early November for no quarantine international flights.Apparently news out that the earliest for international flights is November. See the Medellin thread for link to the article.

Kafka
08-20-20, 19:25
Apparently news out that the earliest for international flights is November. See the Medellin thread for link to the article.I would love to visit Cartagena but I won't book until there is a no quarantine policy.

Combo
08-21-20, 00:12
I would love to visit Cartagena but I won't book until there is a no quarantine policy.For me, if there's a quarantine, there might as well be a entry ban. No worth it unless you're staying several months.

Questner
08-21-20, 03:10
National Health Institute of Colombia has informed that Cali would reach a peak of covid-19 infections around 10th of September. Bogota follows with 6th of the same month, Pereira on 5th and Medellin on 24th.

Other places like Bucaramanga, Cucuta, Ibague and Manizales would reach the peak in October. In November parts of Yopal and Neiva will follow suit.

Armenia would have a peak in January of 2021.

Barranquilla, Buenaventura, Cartagena, Leticia, Mocoa, Montera, Quibdo, San Andres, Sincelejo and Tumaco have already passed the peak of the pandemia.

Here are the dates for the regions which have already reached a peak:

-Barranquilla: 23rd of July.

-Buenaventura: 29th of May.

-Cartagena: 18th of June.

-Leticia: 18th of April.

-Mocoa: 18th of July.

-Monteria: 30th of July.

-Quibdo: 25th of July.

-San Andres: 21th of June.

-Sincelejo: 3rd of August.

-Tumaco: 15th of May.

Notes: this is a model.

My comment: you may add 13 weeks from the peak to a trough.

YippieKayay
08-24-20, 02:42
National Health Institute of Colombia has informed that Cali would reach a peak of covid-19 infections around 10th of September. Bogota follows with 6th of the same month, Pereira on 5th and Medellin on 24th.
I guess they have given up on trying to contain it now its about watching the virus run its course which is very worrying. Something that is not being discussed here is when is it SAFE to travel as opposed to just having the airports open to international flights. El Dorado Airport could start international flights tomorrow but most countries won't have flights going there for a while. Colombia now has the highest COVID death rate per capita of any country in that region.

You all might want to wait for a vaccine next year before going to Colombia.

Zeos1
08-25-20, 02:45
I would love to visit Cartagena but I won't book until there is a no quarantine policy.Not sure what quarantine you are talking about, but if there was such a restriction in Colombia for tourists, it doesn't matter a whole lot if you can't go there. I don't think booking anything in Colombia is worth doing until there is certainty about when they will allow people in to the country (other than their own legal residents and citizens).

GeneHickman
08-25-20, 02:54
I don't know the motivation for someone posting inaccurate information. Here are the number of deaths per one million population of major countries in South America:

Brazil 539.

Peru 837.

Colombia 340.

Chile 567.

Argentina 154.

Bolivia 386.

Ecuador 357.

Venezuela 12.

Those numbers are from Worldometers.info as of this morning. I think we can ignore Venezuela because who knows what is going on there. That leaves only Argentina with a lower count than Colombia.Technically rate refers to current daily deaths to population. On that score Colombia is highest. In the end that is what matters rather than what already happened. It's also probably the closest metric we have to current disease activity.

Mojo Bandit
09-06-20, 04:53
YippieKayay.

Senior Member.

"Cartagena will be the first city with international flights.

At least according to this report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KngZQkeeQTM

And this was followed by.

Today 11:06#9731.

Gringo Trooper

"Thanks for the intel YK.

Good news is that the new report showed direct statements from the President.

The President said in the reports, international flights will be open in September. However, he did not say which day. ".

I do not understand Spanish well enough to follow the video but I assume that Gringo Trooper is giving us the gist of it.

TrueGent
09-07-20, 21:45
Found this on the Gov. UK website.

"The Colombian government has issued a decree stating that visas that expire during the emergency will be automatically renewed for the length of the lockdown period plus one month. This means that if your tourist visa expires during the period of 25 March to 30 November, you will need to renew your visa, request an extension, or depart from Colombia before 31 December. There will be no penalty for not renewing your visa if it expired during these dates."

So if your like me and only on a tourist visa you don't have to panic just yet.

Mojo Bandit
09-09-20, 23:24
Found this on the Gov. UK website.

"The Colombian government has issued a decree stating that visas that expire during the emergency will be automatically renewed for the length of the lockdown period plus one month. This means that if your tourist visa expires during the period of 25 March to 30 November, you will need to renew your visa, request an extension, or depart from Colombia before 31 December. There will be no penalty for not renewing your visa if it expired during these dates."

So if your like me and only on a tourist visa you don't have to panic just yet.Thank you TrueGent. Good looking out.

SoberHans69
09-11-20, 19:30
https://www.traveloffpath.com/colombia-to-resume-international-flights-sept-21-what-about-tourism/

Mojo Bandit
09-15-20, 03:30
Colombia to Gradually Reopen International Flights From Sept. 21 - US News & World Report.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-09-10/colombia-to-gradually-reopen-international-flights-from-sept-21

Here are some relevant quotes from this article:

"The Health Ministry is drawing up security protocols that include requiring travelers to take a coronavirus tests and for their results to be negative, Orozco said. " (Minister of Transport Angela Maria Orozco).

"International flights will restart with a gradual first phase which will be announced shortly," the minister said in a recorded statement.

The resumption of international flights will depend on destination countries, airport capacity, and the interest of the airlines, Orozco said.

There are slightly more details in this article, International Flights Return to Colombia Starting in September. Medellin Guru.

https://medellinguru.com/international-flights/

"On September 14, Colombia's Minister of Transport confirmed that international flights to Colombia will resume on September 21 and Colombia will have more than 15 international destinations in October".

"The first international flight from Colombia is reportedly from Medellíand to Cartagena to Miami on Viva Air. ".

"Minister of Transport, Ángela María Orozco announced that Colombia will require a negative PCR test for COVID-19, although the times of its taking are not yet specified. ".

Mojo Bandit
09-15-20, 04:11
Colombia to Reopen Its Borders to International Flights Starting Sept. 21 - Travel + Leisure article.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/colombia-restart-international-flights

"Colombian news site Semana reported that the first international flight leaving Colombia will be to Miami / Fort Lauderdale on Spirit Airlines. The flight is currently bookable for Sept. 19, and the first bookable reverse route departs on Sept. 26. ".

Mojo Bandit
09-17-20, 04:44
https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4

Bogotá, September 15,2020.

The Minister of Transportation, Angela María Orozco, announced today that from September 19 at the Rafael andúñez Airport in Cartagena, international flights of origin and destination will resume. "Initially, flights to the United States, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Ecuador, Bolivia and Guatemala will be restored," said the official.

The Spirit company flight from Fort Lauderdale (United States) and the departure of the Viva Air company flight to Miami are scheduled for Saturday 19 September.

International passengers must arrive a maximum of three hours before their trips to the airports and prior to boarding.

"negative results of PCR molecular tests will be required, issued maximum 96 hours before the flight. Whoever does not have that document or shows symptoms of infection by the new coronavirus will not be able to fly. ".

Mojo Bandit
09-17-20, 05:38
https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4

Protocol.

In turn, the Minister of Health, Fernando Ruiz, referring to the protocol for international air transport, stated that "it is quite complex" and has meant hard work by the Ministry of Health with the Ministry of Transport, Civil Aeronautics, airlines and mayors.

Some of the most important aspects of biosecurity standards for international flights are:

Passenger access to the airport will be made up to three hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.

The use of a mask is mandatory from the entrance to the airport, during the trip and at the port of arrival, regardless of the duration of the entire tour.

For short flights it is recommended not to use the aircraft toilets, while for medium and long-duration flights it is recommended to wear multiple masks to replace them during the trip.

Passengers must remain in their assigned seat throughout the flight.

When entering or leaving the country, passengers must compulsorily fill out, prior to entering the immigration control posts, the pre-registration check in www. Migracincolombia. Gov. Co.

To enter Colombia, a PCR test must be performed and the result must not be greater than 96 hours before the stipulated flight time.

To leave the national territory, the requirements agreed by the country of destination must be met.

Video from a guy who lives in Medellin giving updates on international flight situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSac6xRDF7E

He is saying that you must also register with the Colombia Immigration Website before you depart. I put the link to Colombia Immigration below

https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf

Just Incognito
09-17-20, 12:06

Protocol.

In turn, the Minister of Health, Fernando Ruiz, referring to the protocol for international air transport, stated that "it is quite complex" and has meant hard work by the Ministry of Health with the Ministry of Transport, Civil Aeronautics, airlines and mayors.

Some of the most important aspects of biosecurity standards for international flights are:

Passenger access to the airport will be made up to three hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.Good info. I wonder how many people get their test results-tests taken within 96 hours of the flight--then go out after the test and get infected but don't know it-then get on the plane and spread the virus.

I hope they not only enforce the masks-but enforce that people wear the masks correctly. I would double or triple layer the mask / face covering. Wear 2 or 3 at a time on top of each other. I would also suggest a mask or 2 with a face shield.

SJobs
09-17-20, 14:55

Protocol.

Passenger access to the airport will be made up to three hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.

The use of a mask is mandatory from the entrance to the airport, during the trip and at the port of arrival, regardless of the duration of the entire tour.

For short flights it is recommended not to use the aircraft toilets, while for medium and long-duration flights it is recommended to wear multiple masks to replace them during the trip.

Passengers must remain in their assigned seat throughout the flight.Thank you so much for posting this information.

Elvis 2008
09-17-20, 19:47
Good info. I wonder how many people get their test results-tests taken within 96 hours of the flight--then go out after the test and get infected but don't know it-then get on the plane and spread the virus.Let me translate these comments from a top WHO official. Start of quote.

Preliminary evidence from the earliest outbreaks indicated the virus could spread even if people didn't have symptoms.

But the WHO says that while asymptomatic spread can occur, it is "very rare."

The WHO leader Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of the WHO's emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said Tuesday that asymptomatic spread is a "really complex question" and much is still unknown. "We don't actually have that answer yet," she said.

Then she said, I was responding to a question at the press conference. I wasn't stating a policy of WHO or anything like that. I was just trying to articulate what we know," she said on a live Q&A streamed across multiple social media platforms. "And in that, I used the phrase 'very rare,' and I think that that's misunderstanding to state that asymptomatic transmission globally is very rare. I was referring to a small subset of studies. " End of quote.

So the preliminary evidence was debunked by scientific studies, and the WHO leader lets the cat out of the bag and then is chastised for being politically incorrect, and she walks back that the scientific evidence says that asymptomatic transmission is very rare. So if you want to think people can get Corona asymptomatically, IC, have at it, but the scientific evidence shows it is very rare and anecdotally, I have not seen this wave of asymptomatic spread. Everyone today I have seen with Corona knows who they have gotten it from.

I hope they not only enforce the masks-but enforce that people wear the masks correctly. I would double or triple layer the mask / face covering. Wear 2 or 3 at a time on top of each other. I would also suggest a mask or 2 with a face shield.Oh brother. https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/odds-catching-covid-19-flight-wellness-scn/index.html.

According to his findings, based on short haul flights in the US on aircraft configured with three seats on either side of the aisle, such as the Airbus 320 and the Boeing 737 -- and assuming everyone is wearing a mask -- the risk of catching the virus on a full flight is just 1 in 4,300. Those odds fall to 1 in 7,700 if the middle seat is vacant.

The article which lists the instances of transmission on flights were mostly in March when masks were not required. If there is a 0. 5% or so mortality associated with Covid, then Colombia banned international travel worried about people dying in what the best evidence suggests is a one in a million or so event.

If government officials were worried about movement causing the disease to spread, they should not be now. Covid is raging in prisons and nursing homes and not airports.

Thing is Colombian officials know about the study and have seen the virus spread even after international air travel was banned. I would hope they also saw what happened to a top WHO official who tried to speak a scientific but politically incorrect truth.

LionBacker
09-18-20, 17:06
We need a negative PCR test No greater than 96 hours before departure but I called a few places that do pcr and they all say that the PCR test take 3-5 days. Results back in 3 days is Not certain. Does anyone know anything different? I plan on going in November and some reports day that the PCR test will have a faster turn around in the coming weeks, but not guaranteed. Where will you guys get your tests from?

Mojo Bandit
09-18-20, 22:33
Protocol.

• Passenger access to the airport will be made up to three hours prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.

• The use of a mask is mandatory from the entrance to the airport, during the trip and at the port of arrival, regardless of the duration of the entire tour.

• For short flights it is recommended not to use the aircraft toilets, while for medium and long-duration flights it is recommended to wear multiple masks to replace them during the trip.

• Passengers must remain in their assigned seat throughout the flight.

• When entering or leaving the country, passengers must compulsorily fill out, prior to entering the immigration control posts, the pre-registration check in www. Migracióncolombia. Gov. Co.

• To enter Colombia, a PCR test must be performed and the result must not be greater than 96 hours before the stipulated flight time.

• To leave the national territory, the requirements agreed by the country of destination must be met.

(End / bco / gta).

Fun Luvr
09-19-20, 03:52
We need a negative PCR test No greater than 96 hours before departure but I called a few places that do pcr and they all say that the PCR test take 3-5 days. Results back in 3 days is Not certain. Does anyone know anything different? I plan on going in November and some reports day that the PCR test will have a faster turn around in the coming weeks, but not guaranteed. Where will you guys get your tests from?The test results can be no more than 96 hours before departure. Take the test a week before departure and the results should come back within the required timeframe. Just make sure the lab takes at least three days to give you the results. Or, you could do the test six days before departure.

Elvis 2008
09-19-20, 04:43
The test results can be no more than 96 hours before departure. Take the test a week before departure and the results should come back within the required timeframe. Just make sure the lab takes at least three days to give you the results. Or, you could do the test six days before departure.Newer tests are done in 15 minutes. People should go to centers that have rapid testing.

Kazeu
09-19-20, 04:53
I've been reading through the comments in the article referenced below. They are quite interesting. There are the obvious conclusions that indeed travel is opening up and that a negative PCR covid test, taken not greater than 96 hours before the flight, will be required. But there are still many questions:

1. What kind of PCR test? As far as I know, there are 3 types.

https://rapidtesttravel.com/types-of-tests/

They all take different amounts of time to process. With rapid being the fastest I'm assuming.

2. In the case of flights with multiple legs, a domestic leg and the final FLL - CTG international leg, should 96 hours before flight time be taken to mean 96 hours before the domestic leg flight time or the international leg?

This can make a huge difference, some layovers are overnight even.

Colombia to Gradually Reopen International Flights From Sept. 21 - US News & World Report.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-09-10/colombia-to-gradually-reopen-international-flights-from-sept-21

"The Health Ministry is drawing up security protocols that include requiring travelers to take a coronavirus tests and for their results to be negative, Orozco said. " (Minister of Transport Angela Maria Orozco).

"International flights will restart with a gradual first phase which will be announced shortly," the minister said in a recorded statement.

The resumption of international flights will depend on destination countries, airport capacity, and the interest of the airlines, Orozco said.

There are slightly more details in this article, International Flights Return to Colombia Starting in September. Medellin Guru.

https://medellinguru.com/international-flights/

"On September 14, Colombia's Minister of Transport confirmed that international flights to Colombia will resume on September 21 and Colombia will have more than 15 international destinations in October".

"The first international flight from Colombia is reportedly from Medelland to Cartagena to Miami on Viva Air. ".

"Minister of Transport, ngela Mara Orozco announced that Colombia will require a negative PCR test for COVID-19, although the times of its taking are not yet specified. ".

Zeos1
09-19-20, 14:41
The test results can be no more than 96 hours before departure. Take the test a week before departure and the results should come back within the required timeframe. Just make sure the lab takes at least three days to give you the results. Or, you could do the test six days before departure.To be clear, this will not work. The test itself has to be done within 96 hours of your departure. And then you also have to get the results back in order to have them with you.

GeneHickman
09-19-20, 15:02
To be clear, this will not work. The test itself has to be done within 96 hours of your departure. And then you also have to get the results back in order to have them with you.The rapid tests you can have back in 15 mins. Perhaps not as accurate but that would make the most sense if it meets their criteria.

Fun Luvr
09-19-20, 16:33
To be clear, this will not work. The test itself has to be done within 96 hours of your departure. And then you also have to get the results back in order to have them with you.This is what it says on the Colombian government website, https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4 : "Para el ingreso a Colombia se debe practicar una prueba PCR y el resultado no debe ser mayor a 96 horas antes de la hora estipulada de vuelo." That plainly states the results can be no more than 96 hours before the flight. Mojo Bandit has referenced that information at least twice in this thread. Please post a link to where it says the test must be within 96 hours, or are you just shooting from the hip again.

Kazeu
09-19-20, 17:28
Doesn't that depend on how the results are dated? Are the results dated with the day of the biological sample was taken? That would seem to be the most accurate way. Or are they dated by when the biological sample was actually processed by the lab? Maybe someone who knows more about tests can comment further.

This is what it says on the Colombian government website, https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4 : "Para el ingreso a Colombia se debe practicar una prueba PCR y el resultado no debe ser mayor a 96 horas antes de la hora estipulada de vuelo." That plainly states the results can be no more than 96 hours before the flight. Mojo Bandit has referenced that information at least twice in this thread. Please post a link to where it says the test must be within 96 hours, or are you just shooting from the hip again.

Constant
09-19-20, 22:44
Newer tests are done in 15 minutes. People should go to centers that have rapid testing.You don't understand. Tests required are PRC type. Like all over the world.

They are done at the clinics, with results in 24-48 h, at a cost of 150-250 $ - aprox.

Newer kind, PCR. One, from Scope Fluidcs, should get popular sometime next year, then that will be 15 min and 5 $.

Mojo Bandit
09-19-20, 23:08
I've been reading through the comments in the article referenced below. They are quite interesting. There are the obvious conclusions that indeed travel is opening up and that a negative PCR covid test, taken not greater than 96 hours before the flight, will be required. But there are still many questions:

1. What kind of PCR test? As far as I know, there are 3 types.

https://rapidtesttravel.com/types-of-tests/

They all take different amounts of time to process. With rapid being the fastest I'm assuming.

2. In the case of flights with multiple legs, a domestic leg and the final FLL - CTG international leg, should 96 hours before flight time be taken to mean 96 hours before the domestic leg flight time or the international leg?

This can make a huge difference, some layovers are overnight even.Concerning the PCR test on this FDA web here there is a page there is a chart. The PCR test is listed as being in the column under "Molecular Test".

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/coronavirus-testing-basics

How quickly you can get your results are going to depend entirely on the testing facility you choose so obviously you need to ask when they can guarantee you will get the results back.

Mojo Bandit
09-19-20, 23:20
Doesn't that depend on how the results are dated? Are the results dated with the day of the biological sample was taken? That would seem to be the most accurate way. Or are they dated by when the biological sample was actually processed by the lab? Maybe someone who knows more about tests can comment further.The wording (as translated by Google Translate) on the Colombian president's page "PCR test must be performed" and "the result must not be greater" than 96 hours before the stipulated flight time. I would take this as to mean that the collection of specimen must have been within 96 hours because while of course one could argue this but the "PCR test must be performed" most likely means collected. One can argue that "must be performed" means when the lab actually applies the testing procedure but that would not have any meaning to bear on the situation so I think all of these things should probably happen within 96 hours of the flight to be safe.

Mojo Bandit
09-19-20, 23:24
The rapid tests you can have back in 15 mins. Perhaps not as accurate but that would make the most sense if it meets their criteria.According to this info on the FDA website the one test you can get back in 15 minutes is not PCR test but an antigen test but it also states that some molecular tests are also rapid test so I think if I went to take a rapid test I would clarify with the testing facility if it was a "PCR" test. Also called a "molecular" test.

Mojo Bandit
09-19-20, 23:31

This can make a huge difference, some layovers are overnight even.I am guessing but I would think that they are surely talking about the initial flight that you board on your initial destination. I would certainly make sure it was all booked together though, not say book a flight to Miami and then book a separate flight from Miami to Colombia.

Kazeu
09-19-20, 23:57
I am guessing but I would think that they are surely talking about the initial flight that you board on your initial destination. I would certainly make sure it was all booked together though, not say book a flight to Miami and then book a separate flight from Miami to Colombia.I have my flights booked with a 20+ HR layover in FLL before taking the international leg FLL- MDE flight. For me, if this is true, my 96 HR negative covid test becomes a 72 HR negative covid test.

Kazeu
09-20-20, 00:02
The wording (as translated by Google Translate) on the Colombian president's page "PCR test must be performed" and "the result must not be greater" than 96 hours before the stipulated flight time. I would take this as to mean that the collection of specimen must have been within 96 hours because while of course one could argue this but the "PCR test must be performed" most likely means collected. One can argue that "must be performed" means when the lab actually applies the testing procedure but that would not have any meaning to bear on the situation so I think all of these things should probably happen within 96 hours of the flight to be safe.This is interesting. There are several companies that offer mail in kits for covid testing. One company mails you a kit with prepaid next day fedex. You supply a saliva sample and send it to them, it arrives the next day. Say it takes them 12 hrs to process the sample. The time between the sample is taken and the test result is probably about a day. In this case the time the test is performed is substantially different from when the specimen is collected.

NeilGeorge
09-20-20, 02:16
According to this info on the FDA website the one test you can get back in 15 minutes is not PCR test but an antigen test but it also states that some molecular tests are also rapid test so I think if I went to take a rapid test I would clarify with the testing facility if it was a "PCR" test. Also called a "molecular" test.I just checked with a microbiologist at the hospital where I practice. He said molecular is an antigen test, rapid and true. But may need a second test. If it is positive.

Zeos1
09-20-20, 13:44
This is what it says on the Colombian government website, https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4 : "Para el ingreso a Colombia se debe practicar una prueba PCR y el resultado no debe ser mayor a 96 horas antes de la hora estipulada de vuelo." That plainly states the results can be no more than 96 hours before the flight. Mojo Bandit has referenced that information at least twice in this thread. Please post a link to where it says the test must be within 96 hours, or are you just shooting from the hip again.It is clear to me in Spanish. Both have to be within 96 hours, it is "Y" not "o". To get into Colombia one must have a PCR test. AND. The result no more than 96 hours from the start of the flight.

Zeos1
09-20-20, 14:06
It is clear to me in Spanish. Both have to be within 96 hours, it is "Y" not "o". To get into Colombia one must have a PCR test. AND. The result no more than 96 hours from the start of the flight.Here is the logic. The reason there is a stated time limit (and 96 hours was a compromise, other countries are using 48 hours or less) is so that the time from when the test is done on you and when you leave are as close as possible. Otherwise people are having tests done a week ahead, getting them processed in a slow lab somewhere, and then get infected between the time the test was administered and when they arrive in the country. So the ideal would be you get a test, and the result, at the airport before boarding. But the PCR-RT tests have to be done in a lab and results observed in "real time" so they cannot be done on the spot. Hence the window before your departure to get the test administered and to get the results in your hand in order to board the plane.

Whatever ambiguity there is in this particular version of the statement, or in the English translation, has to be subjected to the common sense of why this is all being done under a restricted time window.

And the only reason I am responding is that I really would not want to arrive in Bogota or Medellin and find out that my nonsense interpretation of the message was indeed wrong, and I get refused entrance to the country. So. My suggestion for anyone actually planning to fly there. Get this straight before you leave and make sure that your testing and getting the results all fall within the window of 96 hours, and if you don't like that make sure you get very clear information that says you don't need to be within that window.

I think it is 48 hours for flights to Costa Rica, and it is clear that all of those things have to be within that window.

Nounce
09-20-20, 16:13
According to this info on the FDA website the one test you can get back in 15 minutes is not PCR test but an antigen test but it also states that some molecular tests are also rapid test so I think if I went to take a rapid test I would clarify with the testing facility if it was a "PCR" test. Also called a "molecular" test.I think whatever test you have. It is best to get the test that gives you a result with the word "PCR" on it. The reason is the airline check in counter may not know you have a PCR result without the word PCR on your result. You will be surprised there are results that do not have the word PCR in it. People are being turned away from flight because of that.

Also "PCR" is better than "xPCR", "xx-PCR". Again, the check-in may be confused if it is not exactly "PCR".

The above is not definite but it will help make your check-in trouble free.

I am not an expert. I read about these stories so I share here. Usually people only report when they have issue so I don't know how many people pass thru the check-in with report without the word "PCR". Another useful term is "nucleic acid" or something like that.

Kulibali
09-20-20, 17:24
I think whatever test you have. It is best to get the test that gives you a result with the word "PCR" on it. The reason is the airline check in counter may not know you have a PCR result without the word PCR on your result. You will be surprised there are results that do not have the word PCR in it. People are being turned away from flight because of that.

Also "PCR" is better than "xPCR", "xx-PCR". Again, the check-in may be confused if it is not exactly "PCR".

The above is not definite but it will help make your check-in trouble free.

I am not an expert. I read about these stories so I share here. Usually people only report when they have issue so I don't know how many people pass thru the check-in with report without the word "PCR". Another useful term is "nucleic acid" or something like that.I don't think they care about what kind of test you have when you are checking in, most of the time you can check through the kiosk at the airport without any interaction with the agents at the counter. I went to the DR a month ago when they were requiring a negative test, no one from the airline asked us if we have a test or not. It's up to the immigration officers in Colombia to decide which test is valid. You can actually fly without a test if you are willing to do the mandatory 14 days quarantine.

Mojo Bandit
09-21-20, 03:13
I don't think they care about what kind of test you have when you are checking in, most of the time you can check through the kiosk at the airport without any interaction with the agents at the counter. I went to the DR a month ago when they were requiring a negative test, no one from the airline asked us if we have a test or not. It's up to the immigration officers in Colombia to decide which test is valid. You can actually fly without a test if you are willing to do the mandatory 14 days quarantine.What is your point of reference in information? No test but quarantine? Are you confusing the DR with Colombia?

The Colombian government posted their policies and to go against those policies seems to me like you'll be asking for trouble. They didn't post anything about doing quarantine versus testing they said they wanted a test. I read what their Ministry of Health said about the rationale for the design of the policy. They said the idea was they did not want to get passengers on the plane on the way into the country having caught it from the other passengers.

There are real time reports in the Medellin Reports thread by at least one well known BM who just got into Colombia and confirms that a Negative PCR Test is necessary!! When you can show us a reference to this policy that states that one can do a quarantine instead of a test than please do so but may of us have been researching this subject vigorously and have seen no such policy. When you cross over into Colombia without a test than you can report back but until then I would not advise anyone to try that.

Kulibali
09-21-20, 04:49
What is your point of reference in information? No test but quarantine? Are you confusing the DR with Colombia?

The Colombian government posted their policies and to go against those policies seems to me like you'll be asking for trouble. They didn't post anything about doing quarantine versus testing they said they wanted a test. I read what their Ministry of Health said about the rationale for the design of the policy. They said the idea was they did not want to get passengers on the plane on the way into the country having caught it from the other passengers.

There are real time reports in the Medellin Reports thread by at least one well known BM who just got into Colombia and confirms that a Negative PCR Test is necessary!! When you can show us a reference to this policy that states that one can do a quarantine instead of a test than please do so but may of us have been researching this subject vigorously and have seen no such policy. When you cross over into Colombia without a test than you can report back but until then I would not advise anyone to try that.I said if one doesn't have the required test in hand when he lands in Colombia, that person will have to do a required 14 days in quarantine. It's what I read on the Colombia immigration website. Step #5.

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/infografias/viajar-a-colombia

ColombiaLover
09-21-20, 15:14
Just passing some information along.

I am supposed to travel to MDE on Wednesday. I got my PCR test yesterday and am hoping and praying I get the results back by Tuesday night (I was quoted 2-3 days). If not, I'll have to re-schedule the trip.

I am not sure about anyone else's state, but I did not have any luck finding the rapid PCR test where I live (Central Florida).

This morning, I was in touch with our Director of Sports Medicine (who oversees COVID testing of our athletes) to find out if he had the rapid PCR test. He told me that, no, they were not using it yet because it's reliability was not at a high enough level for him and our team physicians to feel comfortable.

So it sounds like the rapid PCR is not much better (if at all) than the antigen test, yet Colombia will apparently accept a rapid PCR test.

Just letting you all know that if you get a rapid PCR test (if you can find it in your area), it's likely not going to be as accurate as the regular PCR test (per my medical sources), but it will get you into Colombia!

Blue Touch
09-21-20, 20:30
As of now, which airport / immigration is easier with less hassle or uncertainty for visitors, Bogota or Medellin?

Elvis 2008
09-22-20, 00:28
CL, I am leaving on the 23rd as well. I am going to this center here for the PCR test: https://labdoctor.org/.

I have a negative antigen test which I am sure will be rejected. If you are flying out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, you may want to just fly or drive down the day before. In my area, it was $450 for the test and here it is $170. I will be there 24 hours before my flight but I have two flights to Colombia scheduled that day and hope that I can get on the first one and cancel the second.

Mojo Bandit
09-22-20, 02:41
I said if one doesn't have the required test in hand when he lands in Colombia, that person will have to do a required 14 days in quarantine. It's what I read on the Colombia immigration website. Step #5.

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/infografias/viajar-a-colombiaIf you translate that whole statement the first reference those people who enter the country on "humanitarian flights" which I am mostly sure are Colombians who got stranded in other countries when flights were grounded so governments worked with airlines to come up with these "humanitarian" flights to get people home. I have to agree thought that a plain reading sounds like you are right. The problem is that there are board members who are reporting tht they were required to upload their test before getting a boarding pass and there are reports of people being turned away who cannot produce the proper test results. So I think this is still an open question. I think it would be pushing it and there is no details about how the local municipality would monitor your quarantine either, so I I repeat that I would think it would be way easier and simpler to get the test.

Spanish version of the text: (I am quoting so the caps are theirs).

"si viajas a Colombia en uno de vuelos de carácter humanitario ya programados o tu viaje es antes próximo.

30 DE SEPTIEMBRE.

Why no cuentas con prueba PCR, deberás cumplir con una medida de aislamiento obligatorio por 14 theías, la cual será supervisada por las autoridades de salud de cada municipio".

Translated to English.

"If you travel to Colombia on one of the humanitarian flights already scheduled or your trip is before.

September 30.

And you do not have a PCR test, you must comply with a mandatory isolation measure for 14 days, which will be supervised by the health authorities from each municipality".

Zeos1
09-22-20, 02:59
I said if one doesn't have the required test in hand when he lands in Colombia, that person will have to do a required 14 days in quarantine. It's what I read on the Colombia immigration website. Step #5.

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/infografias/viajar-a-colombiaMy reading of it is that the option and requirement for the quarantine only applies to residents and citizens coming in on humanitarian flights before September 30.

Flak3
09-22-20, 04:56
Just passing some information along.

I am supposed to travel to MDE on Wednesday. I got my PCR test yesterday and am hoping and praying I get the results back by Tuesday night (I was quoted 2-3 days). If not, I'll have to re-schedule the trip.

I am not sure about anyone else's state, but I did not have any luck finding the rapid PCR test where I live (Central Florida).

This morning, I was in touch with our Director of Sports Medicine (who oversees COVID testing of our athletes) to find out if he had the rapid PCR test. He told me that, no, they were not using it yet because it's reliability was not at a high enough level for him and our team physicians to feel comfortable.

So it sounds like the rapid PCR is not much better (if at all) than the antigen test, yet Colombia will apparently accept a rapid PCR test.

Just letting you all know that if you get a rapid PCR test (if you can find it in your area), it's likely not going to be as accurate as the regular PCR test (per my medical sources), but it will get you into Colombia!https://rapidtesttravel.com

LatinaLover#1
10-22-20, 01:20
As of now, which airport / immigration is easier with less hassle or uncertainty for visitors, Bogota or Medellin?Not sure how far you are but Delta has the best flight to Bogota now, Non Stop, Atl to Bog, mid afternoon, non stop, $350. I'd rather drive a few hours than to deal with the crazy 19 hour connections some of these airlines stuff down our throats.

Fun Luvr
10-22-20, 19:59
In preparation for the flight I got two PCR tests. I had an appointment at Walgreens for Tuesday to get an RT-PCR test with results in 24 hours. I called the store to verify it was a PCR test and was told it was. When I arrived for the test, I was told it was a POC test, so I didn't do it. I went to an Urgent Care facility which sent the test to a lab for processing. They told me it could take four days for the results. Wednesday morning, I went to a 24-hour testing place that does PCR. I received that result Wednesday evening and the other one Thursday morning. Friday, I arrived at the Orlando airport a little more than two hours before the flight. I flew Copa, and the check-in line was very long. I have priority boarding, so the wait was only about a minute. At check-in, they checked the Covid test results which I had printed. I have TSA Pre check, and that was very fast. I was at the gate within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport. The boarding process starts in the rear of the plane. They did a facial recognition scan, a temperature check, and ticket check for boarding. I was upgraded to Business Class, so not seated next to anyone. On board, they served a boxed meal, which was a ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of fruit and a granola bar. At the Panama airport, there were no health checks, either arriving or departing. They did not upgrade me to Business Class for the flight to MDE, even though there were empty seats. I was seated next to a person in my row. They were not doing the empty middle seat. After arriving at MDE, they checked temperature on the way to immigration. Immigration was very smooth at MDE. They checked the Covid test results and asked where I was staying and for a contact phone number. I was out of airport and on the bus to San Diego very quickly. The bus fare is now 13 mil. The bus stops a little further down the hill from the previous stop. The taxis are waiting on another street, but the walk is very short.

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/controlpreventivocontraelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.

Mojo Bandit
10-24-20, 03:53
In preparation for the flight I got two PCR tests. I had an appointment at Walgreens for Tuesday to get an RT-PCR test with results in 24 hours. I called the store to verify it was a PCR test and was told it was. When I arrived for the test, I was told it was a POC test, so I didn't do it. I went to an Urgent Care facility which sent the test to a lab for processing. They told me it could take four days for the results. Wednesday morning, I went to a 24-hour testing place that does PCR. I received that result Wednesday evening and the other one Thursday morning. Friday, I arrived at the Orlando airport a little more than two hours before the flight. I flew Copa, and the check-in line was very long. I have priority boarding, so the wait was only about a minute. At check-in, they checked the Covid test results which I had printed. I have TSA Pre check, and that was very fast. I was at the gate within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport. The boarding process starts in the rear of the plane. They did a facial recognition scan, a temperature check, and ticket check for boarding. I was upgraded to Business Class, so not seated next to anyone. On board, they served a boxed meal, which was a ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of fruit and a granola bar. At the Panama airport, there were no health checks, either arriving or departing. They did not upgrade me to Business Class for the flight to MDE, even though there were empty seats. I was seated next to a person in my row. They were not doing the empty middle seat. After arriving at MDE, they checked temperature on the way to immigration. Immigration was very smooth at MDE. They checked the Covid test results and asked where I was staying and for a contact phone number. I was out of airport and on the bus to San Diego very quickly. The bus fare is now 13 mil. The bus stops a little further down the hill from the previous stop. The taxis are waiting on another street, but the walk is very short.

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/controlpreventivocontraelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.Thanks for the report you might also want to post this in the Medellin Reports thread, search flights resumed I don't think a lot of people are reading this thread.

Sangnyc21
10-24-20, 08:02

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/controlpreventivocontraelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.How did you go about uploading it via pdf format. I heard if the file is too big it won't upload.

Fun Luvr
10-24-20, 15:28
How did you go about uploading it via pdf format. I heard if the file is too big it won't upload.I attempted to upload the test results file a few times, but it failed. I don't know if it was because of the size or the limited bandwidth at the airport. They accepted the report without the attached file. I had forgotten to submit the report, and was doing it during the short layover in Panama. I read another member's post that he found a program on the internet to shrink the size.

Showdown
10-24-20, 17:11

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/controlpreventivocontraelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.The link in your post does not work.

So all they are doing on both ends is just looking at the paper. They don't even try to verify anything. This whole COVID-19 thing is a colossal mess. CDC says one thing, WHO says another etc.

Fun Luvr
10-25-20, 01:04
The link in your post does not work.Here's one that works: https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf.

Lou32
10-27-20, 15:46
A couple of quick notes based on my trip from October 2020:

They can check the results on your phone or a hardcopy but the having the paper is faster. Make sure your test result has NEGATIVE, PCR or RT-PCR Test, the date and it will help you a lot if it has the exact time but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have the time. Be ready to present your proof that you pre-registered on the Colombia Migracion site too at your USA Home airport.

Copa is seating based on rows, not groups. I didn't see any alcohol service onboard if that is important to you.

Getting off the plane in MDE you stand in line as they check your papers. Test Result and confirmation that you pre-registered on the Colombia Migracion site.

If you have a fever you may have issues as they check your temperature too.

Going home be sure to add at least an hour to your departure from your hotel / apartment. You will be standing in line outside of the terminal as they check your pre-registration to LEAVE the country. I stood at Gate 2 for an hour before being directed to my proper line at Gate 4.

Blue Touch
11-09-20, 20:52
This is what it says on the Colombian government website, https://idm.presidencia.gov.co/prensa/Paginas/A-partir-de-este-19-de-septiembre-se-restablecen-desde-Cartagena-vuelos-int-200915.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07MZX_f1I3Xa4oFXKgGMK5W44ZmjvsTGThK-UVi7A_WcNcre5Akfc9-X4 : "Para el ingreso a Colombia se debe practicar una prueba PCR y el resultado no debe ser mayor a 96 horas antes de la hora estipulada de vuelo." That plainly states the results can be no more than 96 hours before the flight. Mojo Bandit has referenced that information at least twice in this thread. Please post a link to where it says the test must be within 96 hours, or are you just shooting from the hip again.Hi,

I just want to clarify that 96 hours in question is meant to be 96 hours before the "scheduled departure time" of the initial flight. Are they really checking the time at immigration?

Also, the immigration website somebody posted is not available anymore. Would somebody please let us know an active site for travelers to submit the information?

Thanks.

Mojo Bandit
11-09-20, 22:55
Hi,

I just want to clarify that 96 hours in question is meant to be 96 hours before the "scheduled departure time" of the initial flight. Are they really checking the time at immigration?

Also, the immigration website somebody posted is not available anymore. Would somebody please let us know an active site for travelers to submit the information?

Thanks.According to the USA Embassy website in Colombia, as of Nov 5th you no longer need to have the test. However the embassy website and other posters have stated that you still need to register on the Colombia immigration website though. This link for the immigration site worked when I copied and pasted it, there is also a link on the embassy website.

https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Blue Touch
11-10-20, 00:54
According to the USA Embassy website in Colombia, as of Nov 5th you no longer need to have the test. However the embassy website and other posters have stated that you still need to register on the Colombia immigration website though. This link for the immigration site worked when I copied and pasted it, there is also a link on the embassy website.

https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsfYes I found it a few hours ago, and that is a good news. But I found a news stating that the Colombia began a 6-month lock down!

I wonder how rigidly it will be enforced in December and January.

Even though it is easier for me to enter the country, it doesn't make sense to go there if there are no girls in the service.

Plus, I prefer the street actions to Facebook and online-dating setups.

If I remember correctly, the girls really disappeared from the street in Centro Medellin and Santa Fe, Bogota in the last lockdown, correct?

Thanks for the info!

Questner
11-10-20, 01:04
Here is some latest news, I can't get to the bottom of it:

Colombia will restrict entry for the citizens of the following countries: Argentina, Germany, Canada, Chile, Spain, France and the Nederlands:

https://www.elpais.com.co/colombia/colombia-restringe-ingreso-de-ciudadanos-de-siete-paises.html

Does it mean no entry, or reciprocity visa at the point of entry like in the past? Can citizens from the above countries enter with a passport of a country not on the above list, etc?

Mojo Bandit
11-10-20, 05:27
Here is some latest news, I can't get to the bottom of it:

Colombia will restrict entry for the citizens of the following countries: Argentina, Germany, Canada, Chile, Spain, France and the Nederlands:

https://www.elpais.com.co/colombia/colombia-restringe-ingreso-de-ciudadanos-de-siete-paises.html

Does it mean no entry, or reciprocity visa at the point of entry like in the past? Can citizens from the above countries enter with a passport of a country not on the above list, etc?I read it to mean that people from those countries are being denied entry into Colombia because those countries are not currently allowing Colombian citizens entry in their countries. Hence, reciprocity, they are just doing the same to them. My guess is that those countries are not allowing citizens in from certain countries based on some formula of Covid-19 cases per 100 000 , and they see high numbers in Colombia, therefore if Colombia's Covid cases drop, then the countries will again allow Colombians in and then Colombia will reciprocate and once again allow their Citizens into Colombia.

Mojo Bandit
11-10-20, 14:10
I read it to mean that people from those countries are being denied entry into Colombia because those countries are not currently allowing Colombian citizens entry in their countries. Hence, reciprocity, they are just doing the same to them. My guess is that those countries are not allowing citizens in from certain countries based on some formula of Covid-19 cases per 100 000 , and they see high numbers in Colombia, therefore if Colombia's Covid cases drop, then the countries will again allow Colombians in and then Colombia will reciprocate and once again allow their Citizens into Colombia.YippieKayay posted this in reply to my post but I accidently deleted it. Sorry!!

It clearly states in the article that citizens of those countries need a visa now to enter Colombia. I haven't seen an official announcement on the Colombian immigration site though.

Mojo Bandit
11-10-20, 14:12
It clearly states in the article that citizens of those countries need a visa now to enter Colombia. I haven't seen an official announcement on the Colombian immigration site though."It also says will restrict the entry of citizens from Argentina, Germany, Canada, Chile, Spain, France and the Netherlands. They can only transit through the national territory for reasons of urgency or humanitarian nature. ".

So I am not sure what conditions they are willing to give them Visas.

YippieKayay
11-10-20, 16:35
"It also says will restrict the entry of citizens from Argentina, Germany, Canada, Chile, Spain, France and the Netherlands. They can only transit through the national territory for reasons of urgency or humanitarian nature. ".

So I am not sure what conditions they are willing to give them Visas.I can't post the quote here because its in spanish but it CLEARLY says they can't enter with passport only and will need visas.

Blue Touch
11-10-20, 18:44
Please ignore the comment I made. I read a misleading article. I regret the error.

But I found a news stating that the Colombia began a 6-month lock down!

Zeos1
11-10-20, 20:35
"It also says will restrict the entry of citizens from Argentina, Germany, Canada, Chile, Spain, France and the Netherlands. They can only transit through the national territory for reasons of urgency or humanitarian nature. ".

So I am not sure what conditions they are willing to give them Visas.I'm Canadian, and Canada is not allowing tourists in at the moment. This Colombian move is reciprocity. Visas to Colombia will only be granted for humanitarian purposes, etc. Which basically means no visas for tourism. Which means no entry for Canadians until we change our rules.

Questner
11-10-20, 21:17
The ban was suspended today by the government, so the decision has been reversed, all within less a day. Confusion, indeed.

Mojo Bandit
11-10-20, 21:26
I can't post the quote here because its in spanish but it CLEARLY says they can't enter with passport only and will need visas.I am not arguing with you, I am just adding to your point. In fact I will post the quote for you translated to English "These seven countries will be asked for an entry visa and not just a valid passport, as was done so far, appealing to similar measures in force for Colombians".

I am adding that the statement about "They can only transit through the national territory for reasons of urgency or humanitarian nature. " Makes it seem to me that it would also be tough for them to get a Visa to enter.

But this just came out today and says that the statement in the first article about restricting the entry of those people from those seven countries was just a suggestion that was in a internal memo that leaked and was not actually something that the Minister could put into law without other elements of the government. Now the Minister is retracting the statement.

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/foreign-ministry-retracts-recommendation-to-bar-nationals-from-seven-nations/26360

ChuchoLoco
11-10-20, 22:30
I'm Canadian, and Canada is not allowing tourists in at the moment. This Colombian move is reciprocity. Visas to Colombia will only be granted for humanitarian purposes, etc. Which basically means no visas for tourism. Which means no entry for Canadians until we change our rules.Better to be cautious like Canada. That's why they have low Infection rate. Just because a country opens its borders, doesn't meant that it safe. But would like to hear what you have to say since you are Canadian. BTW, I love it up there. Would love to ride the train cross country.

YippieKayay
11-10-20, 23:03
I am not arguing with you, I am just adding to your point. In fact I will post the quote for you translated to English "These seven countries will be asked for an entry visa and not just a valid passport, as was done so far, appealing to similar measures in force for Colombians".

I am adding that the statement about "They can only transit through the national territory for reasons of urgency or humanitarian nature. " Makes it seem to me that it would also be tough for them to get a Visa to enter.

But this just came out today and says that the statement in the first article about restricting the entry of those people from those seven countries was just a suggestion that was in a internal memo that leaked and was not actually something that the Minister could put into law without other elements of the government. Now the Minister is retracting the statement.

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/foreign-ministry-retracts-recommendation-to-bar-nationals-from-seven-nations/26360Thanks for that. I couldn't find anything on the migracion Colombia website which I thought was odd. This is really damaging to Colombia or would have been if they went through with it. Citizens of these countries won't invest or book vacations if they apply bans like this.

Blue Touch
12-14-20, 00:05
Usually I arrive at airport 2 hours before departure for domestic flights, but I always wait for the flight more than an hour after security clearance. Would it be ok if I arrive at airport 1-1.5 HR before departure time?

Zeos1
12-14-20, 02:26
Usually I arrive at airport 2 hours before departure for domestic flights, but I always wait for the flight more than an hour after security clearance. Would it be ok if I arrive at airport 1-1.5 HR before departure time?My experience no. I arrived one hour 55 minutes before departure and forfeited the flight. They would not give me a boarding pass and said I had to be checked in 2 hours before the flight. Now. If I had checked in on line, and only had carry on, I probably could have arrived a bit later and not had a problem. But I wasn't sure if I could carry on both my bags, and so I didn't check in on line. And was denied. Had to book another flight at full cost and got no refund on the original.

Mojo Bandit
01-15-21, 05:40
Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States.

Updated Jan. 13,2021.

If you plan to travel internationally, get tested before you travel by air into the United States (US), or be prepared to show proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel.

On January 12, 2021, CDC issued an Order requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. This Order will go into effect on January 26, 2021.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Mojo Bandit
01-23-21, 04:14
The story from Conde Nast says that on top of requiring a negative test, international travelers to USA including citizens and residents will be required to quarantine for 10 days. I have no idea how they would enforce this I am still trying to find that out.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/quarantine-after-international-travel-now-required-for-those-arriving-in-the-us

According to this Bloomberg article Homeland security is reviewing how it may be enforced but it is vague in what any penalties might be

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-21/biden-to-order-masks-quarantine-for-travelers-in-covid-fight

Slazenger1
01-25-21, 00:31
Usually I arrive at airport 2 hours before departure for domestic flights, but I always wait for the flight more than an hour after security clearance. Would it be ok if I arrive at airport 1-1.5 HR before departure time?I have arrived 1.5 hours before domestic flights, including checked luggage, many times and had no problems. But that's my experience.

Mojo Bandit
02-02-21, 06:18
It is a far stretched notion but if one were desperate it may be possible to reenter the US without a Covid test. On the US Embassy In Colombia's website states that persons entering by land or sea do not need a test prior to entry, and since at the least I know Mexico has not been requiring anything one could conceivably fly into say Tijuana and land cross into San Diego and catch a domestic flight home.

Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the USA May provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel.   Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions, including the expectation to self-quarantine and get tested soon after arrival.   This requirement does not apply to travelers entering the United States by land or sea or to children under two years of age.   It applies to USA Citizens, as well as foreign nationals, regardless of vaccination status.

"This requirement does not apply to travelers entering the United States by land or sea ".

For those who wish to find a place to get tested in Medellin:

This article covers where you can get tested in Medellin.

https://medellinguru.com/pcr-test-covid-19-test/

LatinaLover#1
02-05-21, 14:57
Anyone have info on where is the fastest and least expensive place to get the Antigen test in Bogota before flying back to the USA?

SunnyDay
02-05-21, 20:04
Anyone have info on where is the fastest and least expensive place to get the Antigen test in Bogota before flying back to the USA?The common issue I came across from contacting several of the COVID testing labs and service providers, is that several do not provide Saturday service, and if they do, they do not guarantee the results back Monday morning. So the weekend gets in the way of the 72 hour clock that is ticking on the results.

We found the Vitalea (vitalea.com) clinics with two locations that are open on Saturday, and prepared to deliver the results Monday morning.

No appointments. We understood it was first come, first serve basis. I was instructed to get there by 7 am Saturday, if I want the results first thing Monday morning.

Calle 93: Av Carrera 11 # 93 A-30, Local 101.

Calle 82: Av. Carrera 15 # 81-30.

PCR, Antigeno and Anticuerpos.

PCR is 200,000 COP.

Antigen is 100,000 COP.

Antibodies is 45,000 COP.

For more information visit: https://vitalea.com/#/ home / covid-19.

LatinaLover#1
02-06-21, 03:49
The common issue I came across from contacting several of the COVID testing labs and service providers, is that several do not provide Saturday service, and if they do, they do not guarantee the results back Monday morning. So the weekend gets in the way of the 72 hour clock that is ticking on the results.

We found the Vitalea (vitalea.com) clinics with two locations that are open on Saturday, and prepared to deliver the results Monday morning.

No appointments. We understood it was first come, first serve basis. I was instructed to get there by 7 am Saturday, if I want the results first thing Monday morning.

PCR is 200,000 COP.

Antigen is 100,000 COP.

For more information visit: https://vitalea.com/#/ home / covid-19.Many thanks bro, Calle 93: Av Carrera 11 is 200 meters from my hotel, perfect.

GeneHickman
02-06-21, 04:58
The common issue I came across from contacting several of the COVID testing labs and service providers, is that several do not provide Saturday service, and if they do, they do not guarantee the results back Monday morning. So the weekend gets in the way of the 72 hour clock that is ticking on the results.

PCR is 200,000 COP.

Antigen is 100,000 COP.

For more information visit: https://vitalea.com/#/ home / covid-19.I take it that was the PCR test you took. Shouldn't the antigen test (apparently also acceptable for return to the US and cheaper) be available more quickly? I thought that was usually just 3-4 hrs. Clarification would be appreciated.

Surfer500
02-06-21, 17:04
I posted the following questions on the Medellin thread and nobody came to my rescue so I'm going to try posting a photo with my questions which will hopefully garner a response. I'm going to be travelling from MDE to Santa Marta next month. Is there a requirement that you have a Colombian App on your phone to get into the airport to board a domestic flight. Will the App work on a USA cell phone, if not, how is this handled. In other words if you don't have a Colombian cell number on a smartphone will you be able to get inside the airport. Nature of trip is to suck on those nipples besides penetrating some holes. Any help would be appreciated.

[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited or deleted to remove pictures of Transvestites/Transsexuals/SheMales. As provided in the Forum's Posting Guideline, members may not discuss Transvestites / Transsexuals / SheMales. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information. Thanks!

Surfer500
02-06-21, 20:16
I posted the following questions on the Medellin thread and nobody came to my rescue so I'm going to try posting a photo with my questions which will hopefully garner a response. I'm going to be travelling from MDE to Santa Marta next month. Is there a requirement that you have a Colombian App on your phone to get into the airport to board a domestic flight. Will the App work on a USA cell phone, if not, how is this handled. In other words if you don't have a Colombian cell number on a smartphone will you be able to get inside the airport. Nature of trip is to suck on those nipples besides penetrating some holes. Any help would be appreciated.Some follow up photos of the girl I will be visiting.

SunnyDay
02-06-21, 22:11
I take it that was the PCR test you took. Shouldn't the antigen test (apparently also acceptable for return to the US and cheaper) be available more quickly? I thought that was usually just 3-4 hrs. Clarification would be appreciated.There are quite a few labs / clinics throughout Bogota, but unfortunately with the language barrier, its been difficult to understand each other 100%. We ended up taking the Antigen test, at 100,000 COP per person.

They said the results would be emailed in 2 to 4 hours. Got them within an 1.5. We had to complete some paperwork, which includes our Passport numbers and email addresses. Be sure to verify the information they put in is correct, before leaving. Wrong name, passport number or email, will lead you to not getting your results and having potential issues with boarding.

SunnyDay
02-06-21, 22:15
Some follow up photos of the girl I will be visiting.We arrived with smart phones having US numbers. Intentionally I had it them put away in our hand bags. No apps to get in and out of the airport or city. Simply our passports where registered in the database and marked to acknowledge that we came into the country without tests, so we were under the self quarantine rules.

Surfer500
02-07-21, 04:16
We arrived with smart phones having US numbers. Intentionally I had it them put away in our hand bags. No apps to get in and out of the airport or city. Simply our passports where registered in the database and marked to acknowledge that we came into the country without tests, so we were under the self quarantine rules.Thanks for your post, but I was referring to domestic travel, and for those who have a Cedula, a Passport is not required to fly domestically.

Mojo Bandit
02-07-21, 04:21
We arrived with smart phones having US numbers. Intentionally I had it them put away in our hand bags. No apps to get in and out of the airport or city. Simply our passports where registered in the database and marked to acknowledge that we came into the country without tests, so we were under the self quarantine rules.Did you travel between Colombian cities at any point or just arrive on an international flight? Are you still there?

Concarne
02-07-21, 06:16
I take it that was the PCR test you took. Shouldn't the antigen test (apparently also acceptable for return to the US and cheaper) be available more quickly? I thought that was usually just 3-4 hrs. Clarification would be appreciated.It is a faster return, easier and less painful collection, cheaper.

SunnyDay
02-07-21, 22:27
Did you travel between Colombian cities at any point or just arrive on an international flight? Are you still there?I ended up not having time to travel domestically within Colombia. Heading out Monday.

YippieKayay
02-27-21, 19:41
I saw a few posts about domestic travel are there any new regulations? I've googled around and all I see is the PCR test for entry into Colombia and nothing for domestic flights. Has anyone here recently flown a domestic flight? Can you inform us if there are any requirements around COVID pertaining to that?

Silver Turtle
02-28-21, 17:38
I saw a few posts about domestic travel are there any new regulations? I've googled around and all I see is the PCR test for entry into Colombia and nothing for domestic flights. Has anyone here recently flown a domestic flight? Can you inform us if there are any requirements around COVID pertaining to that?I had a few flights bet. Med and Bog. January, no regulation or requirement at all.

Mojo Bandit
03-06-21, 19:21
Colombia Require a COVID-19 Test for International Travelers details. Also I am still seeing reports that the immigration form has to be filled out prior to getting to the airport so the link fo that is below.

https://medellinguru.com/colombia-require-covid-19-test/?fbclid=IwAR3XMhkYENfeovgsTR2QOExf4TTp7PJxWO0xicNjIOBCawtWzc-8x4OSKwA

Here is where to go to fill out the immigration form
the immigration site worked when I copied and pasted it, there is also a link on the embassy website.

Mojo Bandit
03-06-21, 19:24
I keep the posts in this blog limited to questions and direct answers to verifiable current policies or direct experience about travel restrictions and requirements so that a user can use it as a quick reference unlike "Reports" threads that are designed to study.

I would ask that persons refrain from questions about hypotheticals or opinions. The reason for this is simple, I have seen the thread get veered off subject far enough that the first time visitor to the thread would not find useful information and may not even know to read back several pages.

There is no place on these User Blogs to post Guidelines so occasionally I will respond like this or just go through and deleted posts. I do not have the ability to write inside a post nor only delete partial posts as the Forum Administrator does.

A good place to ask questions about hypotheticals is the "Stupid shit in Medellin" , over there everyone is there are free too post hypotheticals their opinions.

Mojo Bandit
03-07-21, 04:22
Kafka Kafka is offline.

Senior Member.

The MIG form must be filled out on arrival AND departure. Be prepared. You can't get into the airport without the form filled out on departure.

Questner
03-12-21, 23:18
https://www.elpais.com.co/colombia/viajeros-internacionales-ya-no-deberan-presentar-prueba-pcr-para-ingresar-a.html

Looks like after all PCR test soon would not be required to enter the country.

Mojo Bandit
03-13-21, 18:18
https://www.elpais.com.co/colombia/viajeros-internacionales-ya-no-deberan-presentar-prueba-pcr-para-ingresar-a.html

Looks like after all PCR test soon would not be required to enter the country.I found this collaborating article on this but I am checking to see when this will be operational in practice.
https://www.medellinherald.com/antioquia

Avianca has yet to change their requirements on their website. The US Embassy Colombia also shows the same instructions as before. It may be that after the court ruling it may still have to go through some kind of bureaucratic administrative process before the practice of not requiring a test is actually implemented.

https://www.avianca.com/co/en/experience/avianca-biocare/

Nounce
03-13-21, 18:48
I found this collaborating article on this but I am checking to see when this will be operational in practice.
I read that elpais article is a court judgement, not a government announcement.

El Tribunal Administrativo de CundinamarcaThe first paragraph mentioned this which basically means court if I understand it correctly.

Silver Turtle
03-13-21, 19:55
It appears that the PCR requirement will be abolished after a compliance of Dept. Of Health. The Dept, which is within the right-wing Duque administration, may comply immediately.

https://www.elcolombiano.com/colombia/prueba-pcr-seguira-siendo-exigida-a-viajeros-que-entren-al-pais-confirmo-migracion-colombia-HM14811251

Mojo Bandit
03-13-21, 20:43
I read that elpais article is a court judgement, not a government announcement.

The first paragraph mentioned this which basically means court if I understand it correctly.Right, I agree with you but I am thinking that the rest of the government will have to follow this court decision and will not be allowed to demand a test, otherwise they get held in contempt , but it has to be promulgated within the administrative process first and I do not know how long that would take.

Mojo Bandit
03-16-21, 22:47
LatinLover#1 Made on post on here that I accidently deleted, in his post he said that he would like to know if anyone has any information about Colombia relaxing the requirements for entering the country. I apologize to LatinLover #1 , the "reply with quote" and "delete post" are next to each other. LatinLover#1 says he plans to travel to Medellin and Tayrona National Park in a couple of weeks.

Many of us have seen the news reports that some administrative court based in Bucaramanga. Silver Turtle posted a link in a previous post that explains the current status of that ruling. I am going to post the entire English Translation of that article below (via Google Translate).

https://www.elcolombiano.com/colombia/prueba-pcr-seguira-siendo-exigida-a-viajeros-que-entren-al-pais-confirmo-migracion-colombia-HM14811251

VALERIA MURCIA. POSTED ON March 13,2021 Headline: "Travelers will continue to be asked for negative PCR to enter the country".

This was assured by Migraciand Colombia.

The measure that asks travelers who enter Colombia a negative PCR test for covid-19 will remain in force until the Ministry of Health issues a resolution of compliance, said Migraciand Colombia.

This despite the fact that a court ruling has already been issued that orders that travelers no longer be asked for said proof to enter the country.

The Director General of Migration Colombia, Juan Francisco Espinosa Palacios, communicated that it is necessary for the Ministry of Health to issue a resolution indicating the date and the way in which the ruling will materialize, due to its status as a health authority.

As of March 2021, a little more than 400 thousand travelers coming from abroad have been allowed in the year. Of these, 65% of Colombian nationality.

Migration Colombia stressed, however, that there are three possible options for those who enter the country. If this is the case for you, here is what you can do.

The first route you can take is to have a PCR test done 96 hours before your trip. Upon arrival in the country, present the negative result to the authorities that require it.

He second involves an additional commitment from the traveler. Once inside Colombia, if you do not present a negative result of a PCR test, you must comply with a mandatory isolation for 14 days.

Finally, if you are already in mandatory isolation, you can perform the test within Colombia and, after a negative result, suspend isolation.

Silver Turtle
03-17-21, 03:26
This is my answer. If anybody hears otherwise, it is an unsubstantiated rumor.

The court is in the judicial branch, while the executive branch, including Ministry of Health, led by Pres. Duque makes decision about the implementation of the requirement.

SamPeter71
03-20-21, 01:08
I got my vaccine and planning to travel to Bogota next month. Do I need to still get covid test done 72 hours before flying and / or do I need to quarantine? Can I come back to US without the covid test?

Mojo Bandit
03-21-21, 01:43
I got my vaccine and planning to travel to Bogota next month. Do I need to still get covid test done 72 hours before flying and / or do I need to quarantine? Can I come back to US without the covid test?The short answer is Yes you still have to get a CPR Covid test to go to Colombia and you still have to register on the immigration website before you travel, as of right now there are no exceptions listed for persons with vaccine, as far as I know. Yes you will need a test to re-enter the USA. This is my current understanding and the best information that I currently have.

I have read that a big issue right now is that the cards they are giving our for the vaccines are so easy to counterfeit that they cannot rely on any verification process yet. There is talk about developing something called a medical passport for the vaccine, these are used to enter some countries that require a Yellow Fever vaccine before you can enter. This is a process that is coordinated in the United States between the the CDC an The World Health Organization I had to get one to enter Kenya about ten years ago.

Honestly though those things like the one I had would be just as easy to counterfeit, maybe they think the stakes are higher with Coronavirus, I do not know for sure what the issues are. All I know for sure are the policy guidelines that I see on the Embassy website and what the airlines are saying on their websites.

https://www.avianca.com/us/es/experiencia/avianca-biocare/

Husker Dude
03-21-21, 02:58
I got my vaccine and planning to travel to Bogota next month. Do I need to still get covid test done 72 hours before flying and / or do I need to quarantine? Can I come back to US without the covid test?The airlines will not let you board the plane back to the US without a negative Covid Antigen test within 72 hours of boarding. You need a negative Covid PCR test within 96 hours to enter Colombia. Notice the difference, PCR test to enter Colombia and only a Antigen test to get in US.

Mojo Bandit
03-21-21, 05:25
The airlines will not let you board the plane back to the US without a negative Covid Antigen test within 72 hours of boarding. You need a negative Covid PCR test within 96 hours to enter Colombia. Notice the difference, PCR test to enter Colombia and only a Antigen test to get in US. Just to make sure that readers understand completely. It is accurate that one needs a PCR test to enter Colombia but you can use either an Antigen OR a PCR test when coming back to USA. My understanding is the antigen test is cheaper, faster and easier, but if you were in some weird situation where you could only get a PCR test it would be acceptable.

This is on the FAQ page from the CDC page regarding the order:

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States;.

"What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?

Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for USA Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other USA Government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order. ".

This is a list put out by the Colombian Embassy with a list of testing sites for each city listed.

https://co.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/103/COVID-Testing-Locations-in-Colombia.pdf

I have seen guys posting that it is also available at the airport in Medellin as is mentioned in this article along with other ways to get tested in Medellin.

https://medellinguru.com/pcr-test-covid-19-test/

SamPeter71
03-21-21, 15:48
Thank you all for clarifications.

Just to make sure that readers understand completely. It is accurate that one needs a PCR test to enter Colombia but you can use either an Antigen OR a PCR test when coming back to USA. My understanding is the antigen test is cheaper, faster and easier, but if you were in some weird situation where you could only get a PCR test it would be acceptable.

This is on the FAQ page from the CDC page regarding the order:

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States;.

"What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?

Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA).

Kafka
03-22-21, 16:29
Thank you all for clarifications.The type of test depends on the airline coming back. Check with your carrier-- Jet Blue apparently requires a PCR test. The airlines are enforcing this in Colombia. Nothing is asked for at US immigration.

LatinaLover#1
03-24-21, 07:34
It's my understanding that you only need a test if your arriving to the USA by plane or boat. If you fly to Tijuana, you can walk across the boarder without any need for a test.

Fun Luvr
03-24-21, 18:20
It's my understanding that you only need a test if your arriving to the USA by plane or boat. If you fly to Tijuana, you can walk across the boarder without any need for a test.The US State Dept website states "the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the US". I can't find any information on the site about boat travel, but you may be correct. Also, the check for a test must be done before arriving in the US. Once a US citizen is on US soil, they cannot be expelled.

Mojo Bandit
03-25-21, 03:55
It's my understanding that you only need a test if your arriving to the USA by plane or boat. If you fly to Tijuana, you can walk across the boarder without any need for a test.According to Customs and Border Patrol the land border is currently closed for non-essential traffic and in effect until April 21 2021.
(While I am sure that all of us feel that mongering is essential, I doubt that Border Patrol and Customs is going to feel the same way LOL)

While it is true that this requirement for the Covid testing only applies to flights it doesn't matter right now. Read:

"you. S extends travel restrictions at Canada, Mexico land borders".

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-canada/u-s-extends-travel-restrictions-at-canada-mexico-land-borders-idUSKBN2BA1OG

US Border Patrol / Customs Website.

https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1694?language=en_US

One reason I am sure the reason they are not requiring the test at land borders has to do with those who have "essential" reasons and can still cross the border by land, There are a multitude of people who go between US-Canada and US-Mexico for work and things like truck drives and people seeking medical care every day who use the land crossings so I think they do not want to be burdening these people with getting tested every 72 hours.

As far as boats go I am fairly ignorant about international boat traffic entering the United States other than cruises, I have found some mention of ferries between Canada and USA being restricted with the border closing but nothing with Mexico or between Florida and the Caribbean.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-testing-required-us-entry.html#ExternalPopup.

It is on the State Department website saying that the test is not required but it is buried way the fuck down in the FAQ, 22 questions down! WTF right?

Q: Does this Order apply to land border crossings?

A: No, the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the US.

The CDC is the one providing the guideline so the info is on their website also but again you have to look in the FAQ.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Does this Order apply to land border crossings?

No, the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the US.

Lefeu
03-26-21, 06:03
Just to make sure that readers understand completely. It is accurate that one needs a PCR test to enter Colombia but you can use either an Antigen OR a PCR test when coming back to USA. My understanding is the antigen test is cheaper, faster and easier, but if you were in some weird situation where you could only get a PCR test it would be acceptable...I just left Colombia yesterday after spending 2 weeks there.

On my flight to Colombia, i knew that I had to present a PCR with negative results. I also had to fill out forms on the Colombia Migracin website. Unfortunately, I never received the confirmation email from that website. The AA agent was ready to stop me from boarding the flight. He insisted that I check my spam folder and retrieve the confirmation email. I knew that I had not received the email in question, as I had checked my spam folder several times. However, I had print out of my screenshots, showing that I answered all their questions. After some back and forth arguing, he agreed to let me board. That was close! No issue when I landed in Medellin. Going through immigration there was a breeze.

On the way back, I found a place, IDMe, that did the antigen test for 50 k cops. I did the test around 10:30 am and received my results around 12:30 pm. I also had to fill out the migracion forms online. However, this time I downloaded the Migracion app, and everything worked like a charm without a hitch.

Questner
04-07-21, 02:33
I understand the country is using ICU rates to define when the nightly curfew begins. What I cannot find is any published information on the current ICU rates in each. Can you provide a source for us to go to to find the current ICU rates for each department?

Thank you for all the effort you put into this thread and providing information about travel updates. Cheers!Here: "Distribucion de casos en UCI de hoy"

in https://www.ins.gov.co/Noticias/Paginas/Coronavirus.aspx.

Also, follow the articles on the stats published in local news.

MiamiSammy
04-07-21, 04:24
What's the current situation with documentation coming into Colombia? I'll have documentation for my second shot Friday and travel Monday, but getting a test within 96 hours over the weekend is proving challenging. Any thoughts, anyone?

Husker Dude
04-07-21, 16:14
What's the current situation with documentation coming into Colombia? I'll have documentation for my second shot Friday and travel Monday, but getting a test within 96 hours over the weekend is proving challenging. Any thoughts, anyone?Vaccines don't matter anywhere. Must present RT-PCR test within 96 hours of flight to Colombia. Otherwise mandatory quarantine. Also must fill out check-mig form for entry.

LoveItHere69
04-08-21, 03:18
The USA Embassy continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Colombia and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.

New Bogota Public Health Restrictions.

Citing a third wave of COVID-19 infections in the capital, the Mayor of Bogota has announced additional public health measures for the upcoming weekend.

From Saturday, April 10 at 12:01 AM through Tuesday, April 13 at 4:00 AM, the city of Bogota is subject to quarantine.

People and cars are restricted from movement.

All businesses will be closed except grocery stores, pharmacies, and restaurants without dine-in service. One person per family may leave their homes for these businesses subject to pico why cédula requirements.

You are allowed one hour daily for exercise outside of your home.

Some limited exceptions to these movement restrictions apply for employees in certain sectors.

For more information, consult the mayoral decree here. These measures supplement those announced by the national government earlier this week, further described below. Stay alert for potential announcements of future restrictions.

Nationwide Restrictions from April 6 to 19.

All of Colombia remains under public health restrictions announced this week:

Cities with ICU occupancies over 50% have a nightly curfew with varying hours:

85% (including Medellin, Santa Marta, and Cali): 6:00 pm to 5:00 am.

80% to 84% (including Barranquilla): 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

70% to 79% (including Manizales): 10:00 pm to 5:00 am.

50% to 69% (including Bogota): midnight to 5:00 am.

Pico why cédula – which limits entry into businesses by the customer's ID number – is in effect for cities with ICU occupancy above 50%.

Consult local media for information on your city's specific, potentially more restrictive measures. Refer to local sources for pico why cédula requirements, which vary across jurisdictions.

COVID-19 Testing Requirements.

The Ministry of Health has announced that, until further notice, all inbound international passengers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, with some limited exceptions.

Mojo Bandit
04-09-21, 02:03
Just got back from 10 days in Colombia,.Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

Sorry to hear that you had such a horrible time on your trip, hopefully all this pandemic shit fades off and we can go back to a normal world. I understand people need to vent and I reposted your post over in "Stupid Shit in Bogota" because that is what those threads are for. I am deleting your post as well as a couple of other posts in my blog because I try to keep only the most updated info on policies on that blog, I have posted this periodically in my blog because there is no where to actually post guidelines of the blog, No disrespect intended, hope you have better trips in the future.

Mojo Bandit
04-09-21, 02:05
Any new updated for Cartagena as of April 8,2021? Pardon my ignorance, going to be there April13-20.Deleted your post as this type of info is being covered by Kafka and myself in the thread "Cartagena Reports".

Mojo Bandit
04-09-21, 02:08
I am looking for the info on antigen test providers in Bogota, but cannot fine one.This guide gives testing locations and what types of test they do. The testing centers are listed by city and it gives you an estimated turn around time.

https://co.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/103/COVID-Testing-Locations-in-Colombia.pdf

Mojo Bandit
04-09-21, 03:37
COVID-19 Testing Requirements.

The Ministry of Health has announced that, until further notice, all inbound international passengers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, with some limited exceptions.As LoveItHere69 posted here, the negative PCR tests requirement is still a thing, there was a report earlier about a court ruling saying there should not be a testing requirement but they just basically rewrote the guidelines saying the purpose of requiring a negative test was to prevent the spread of the more deadly and contagious variants out that have been discovered in other countries and this statement essentially overrode the reasoning that the court used to overrule the tests.

Yetiecv
04-25-21, 21:41
Any Covid updates. Will be down there mid May, hoping they get the lockdowns and curfews sorted out soon.

Mojo Bandit
05-02-21, 04:08
Any Covid updates. Will be down there mid May, hoping they get the lockdowns and curfews sorted out soon.That information is not covered here in this thread because each city is having different curfews and restrictions you need to go to the threads that cover which ever city you are interested in like "Medellin Reports" "Bogota Reports" etc if you study these threads you have the latest information, the government does not know how many ICU beds will be filled so they play it by ear.

Mojo Bandit
05-07-21, 00:22
Colombia Require a COVID-19 Test for International Travelers.

Colombia Require a COVID-19 Test for International Travelers details. Also I am still seeing reports that the immigration form has to be filled out prior to getting to the airport so the link fo that is below.

https://medellinguru.com/colombia-re...wtWzc-8x4OSKwA

Here is where to go to fill out the immigration form.

The immigration site worked when I copied and pasted it, there is also a link on the embassy website.

Mojo Bandit
06-03-21, 22:14
So word is out there that there will be a change that states that there will no longer be a test requirement to enter Colombia as the articles below state. This information has not yet been posted to the Embassy website, it is still saying that a test is needed but hopefully that will change soon. Their is a catch to this also but I cannot tell what it says for sure because I am translating from Spanish. It says that the measures are dependent on hospital ICUs being below 85% but I am not sure this part apples to the lifting of the travel requirement. The fact that it is retroactive to June 1st makes it sound like it is not dependent on any other factors.

https://confidencialcolombia.com/lo-mas-confidencial/conozca-la-resolucion-777-con-la-que-colombia-busca-regresar-a-la-normalidad/2021/06/03/

"According to the document, the measures will begin to work once the cities of the country manage to reduce the occupancy of Intensive Care Units below 85%.

Once this happens, cities will have a capacity opening for public shows and sporting events. Likewise, the reactivation and presence in education will be taken into account, since, according to Minister Ruiz.

Regarding international flights, the Coronapp application will be eliminated, so it will not be necessary to have it to enter the country and the negative PCR test is also suspended as a requirement to enter national territory, both for nationals and foreigners as of 1 of June. ".

I also do not know if this is the final word or if this has to be further approved by other government entities.

https://newsbeezer.com/colombiaeng/colombia-no-longer-requires-travelers-to-perform-pcr-testing-health/

https://www.eltiempo.com/salud/pcr-negativa-no-sera-obligatoria-para-ingreso-de-viajeros-a-colombia-593213

I think if I were planning travel I would monitor the embassy website closely. I put that link in the bottom.

Embassy guidelines on travel requirements.

Vitrea
06-04-21, 07:09
Mayor announced that city will be opening fully with no restrictions or curfews from June 8th. I have visited Medellin almost every month since they opened international flights but limited night life, especially on the weekends was a bit boring. This is good news for many of us.

Mojo Bandit
06-04-21, 23:52
Mayor announced that city will be opening fully with no restrictions or curfews from June 8th. I have visited Medellin almost every month since they opened international flights but limited night life, especially on the weekends was a bit boring. This is good news for many of us.
This is encouraging news from the mayor but as for the announcement by the Health Minister

Keep your eye on the Hospital rates of ICU patients because written into the resolution it says.

"According to the document, the measures will begin to work once the cities of the country manage to reduce the occupancy of Intensive Care Units below 85%. ".

Mojo Bandit
06-05-21, 08:38
I have found 4 airlines so far that are reporting that there is no test requirement to enter Colombia: Spirit, Copa, Jet Blue and Avianca. American Airlines is redirecting some website called "Sherpa" and it still has the test requirement on there.

Mojo Bandit
06-05-21, 21:49
American Airlines redirects to Sherpa and has joined the others in saying no test required.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=americanairlines

https://www.spirit.com/notices#TravelAdvisories.

https://www.copaair.com/en/web/us/travel-requirements

https://www.avianca.com/us/en/experience/avianca-biocare/#medidaspos.

https://www.jetblue.com/covid-19-info-hub

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-planning-center/find-your-destination/explore-top-destinations?prices=false

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/international-map.html

Mojo Bandit
06-05-21, 21:57
Scroll down until you see Entry and Exit Requirements.

SkyBuilder
06-06-21, 11:41
Scroll down until you see Entry and Exit Requirements.

https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/So I will be traveling to the coastal region the 1st of July. I've been seeing all the follow-up posts about no need for the PCR test to enter but what I haven't seen is: do we still need the Antigen test to return to the States?

Have fun and be safe.

Sky.

Fun Luvr
06-06-21, 18:44
So I will be traveling to the coastal region the 1st of July. I've been seeing all the follow-up posts about no need for the PCR test to enter but what I haven't seen is: do we still need the Antigen test to return to the States?Yes, the antigen (or other) test is a requirement to enter the US on an airplane, along with a form to attest that you had the test. I expect Biden to change that soon to entice people to get the vaccine. The problem I see with that is the vaccine card can be counterfeited very easily.

Mojo Bandit
06-07-21, 00:17
So I will be traveling to the coastal region the 1st of July. I've been seeing all the follow-up posts about no need for the PCR test to enter but what I haven't seen is: do we still need the Antigen test to return to the States?

Have fun and be safe.

Sky.Unlike the last post where I said "Scroll down until you see Entry and Exit Requirements" Don t scroll down and just read the first paragraph in the main body of the page.

SkyBuilder
06-07-21, 09:48
Unlike the last post where I said "Scroll down until you see Entry and Exit Requirements" Don t scroll down and just read the first paragraph in the main body of the page.

https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/Fun Luver. Yes, the antigen (or other) test is a requirement to enter the US on an airplane, along with a form to attest that you had the test. I expect Biden to change that soon to entice people to get the vaccine. The problem I see with that is the vaccine card can be counterfeited very easily.

Thanks to both of you for the replies. I did scroll down the Embassy page before and but I don't remember seeing the requirements for re-entry to the States.

Best Regards to this board because between everyone there is a Fountain of information available from all.

Be safe and have a blast.

SKY.

Lefeu
06-16-21, 20:38
I am in Medellin and I have used in the past, the IDme office located across the SantaFe mall, in Poblado. They are conveniently located and charge only 50 K cops. However this time around, they are not taking walk-ins. They require that one calls and set up an appointment. Their number is 604-6646.

Mojo Bandit
06-20-21, 02:43
As of 6 17 2021 Colombia is still requiring that the online immigration form be filled out. According to JjBee62 who states the following.

"There have been some changes to the form. You can now fill it out up to 48 hours before. It also asks if you're vaccinated, along with several other questions. Still is pretty quick and easy to do. ".

SkyBuilder
07-17-21, 13:08
As of 6 17 2021 Colombia is still requiring that the online immigration form be filled out. According to JjBee62 who states the following.

"There have been some changes to the form. You can now fill it out up to 48 hours before. It also asks if you're vaccinated, along with several other questions. Still is pretty quick and easy to do. ".

https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsfI just returned last weekend and this is absolutely correct. Fairly quick and easy to use but be sure to do it before you get in line at the airport in case something screws up. Leaving this last time I had zero signal in the airport leaving Barranquilla and had to let everyone pass me until I could get some signal and fill out the app. I was the last one to board and thought I was going to have to stay there and change flights. It was literally that bad.

Sky.

Shawn6430
08-05-21, 14:50
I am unable to complete the form provided. It keeps telling me I have a form completed for that date but that not true. Is there a number I can call to get this fixed before my flight tomorrow at 5 am?

Mojo Bandit
08-06-21, 16:46
I am unable to complete the form provided. It keeps telling me I have a form completed for that date but that not true. Is there a number I can call to get this fixed before my flight tomorrow at 5 am?Here are numbers I found for Colombia immigration.

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/contactenos

Ho Lover1
08-07-21, 04:46
I am unable to complete the form provided. It keeps telling me I have a form completed for that date but that not true. Is there a number I can call to get this fixed before my flight tomorrow at 5 am?Were you able to eventually complete the immigration form? I had a problem and the nice Spirit counter woman at the Orlando airport completed it for me. She said she did not know what was causing the problem. A friend of mine told me he printed the form and completed it manually and they accepted it.

Silver Turtle
08-10-21, 15:30
Same problem with the Col. Immigration form while I am returning to the States tomorrow.

Does the Col immigration still require the form?

Hate to deal with the Colombian bureaucracy / admin.

Fun Luvr
08-10-21, 20:35
Does the Col immigration still require the form?I wish I could just just say "Yes", but the forum software won't allow short answers. The Check-Mig form is still required for entry and exit.

Mojo Bandit
08-27-21, 21:16
Places to get Covid test for return to USA.

This is a comprehensive list of places in Colombia listed by city, giving the webiste, physical location, hours they are open, whether or not you need an appointment, the type of tests offered, the phone number, the turn around time, the price.

Lefeu
10-24-21, 05:40
Were you able to eventually complete the immigration form? I had a problem and the nice Spirit counter woman at the Orlando airport completed it for me. She said she did not know what was causing the problem. A friend of mine told me he printed the form and completed it manually and they accepted it.I had the same problem back in June of this year. I completed the form but never received the confirmation email. I had to convince the AA airline agent to let me board. Luckily, I had screen printout of my answers, and that helped sway the agent. Later on, I was told that my problem was due to using my desktop. Since then, I switched to using my phone and never had a problem since.

Just Incognito
10-25-21, 14:12
I fly out of Colombia on a Monday morning and need proof of a negative test result within 48 hours of my final connecting flight which is at 415 pm Monday. So, I need a Covid test on Saturday after 415 pm that gets me the results back by Monday morning before I fly at 945 am: Does anyone know of a testing center that tests on Saturdays after 430 pm or Sunday and can get the results back by Monday morning?

The place I used on my previous trip only does testing until 1 pm on Saturday for some reason.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tomasb
10-26-21, 00:01
A friend of mine who left Cartagena a few days ago told me he had to fill out the I'm form at the airport before leaving Colombia. And it had to be finished one hour before the flight departure time. It may be accessible on line so need to check on it myself in the next few days.

Same problem with the Col. Immigration form while I am returning to the States tomorrow.

Does the Col immigration still require the form?

Hate to deal with the Colombian bureaucracy / admin.

Just Incognito
10-26-21, 02:36
I fly out of Colombia on a Monday morning and need proof of a negative test result within 48 hours of my final connecting flight which is at 415 pm Monday. So, I need a Covid test on Saturday after 415 pm that gets me the results back by Monday morning before I fly at 945 am: Does anyone know of a testing center that tests on Saturdays after 430 pm or Sunday and can get the results back by Monday morning?

The place I used on my previous trip only does testing until 1 pm on Saturday for some reason.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!The tests need to be done 48 hours before departure of the 1st flight not 48 hours before departure of connector or 48 hours prior to arrival at final destination.

GrownMan1
10-26-21, 14:35

Any help will be greatly appreciated!Just take the test at the airport. Most airports have testing for Covid. Depending on which tests you have to take; you can have your results back within 30 minutes. Yes they are open on Saturdays and Sundays. Most airports open at 7 AM.

GrownMan1
10-26-21, 14:42
A friend of mine who left Cartagena a few days ago told me he had to fill out the I'm form at the airport before leaving Colombia. And it had to be finished one hour before the flight departure time. It may be accessible on line so need to check on it myself in the next few days.You should fill out the test within 48 hours leaving and departure. If you do not receive an email confirmation then you did not complete the form. Toward the end it may seem like you've completed all the information however if no email confirmation then its not completed. Also you may have to change email addresses if you having difficulty. Somehow it would not accept my yahoo email so I had to send it to my Gmail. This happened on three different trips.

CatBert55
10-26-21, 17:56
I had a couple of issues in leaving from MDE last Saturday. First, I had to fill out my exit check-mig form on the day of the flight. Unlike when entering Colombia, there wasn't a field to enter the date for the flight, and it wouldn't process the right date until the day of the flight. Second, no cloth masks in the international airside area. The security guard (not policia) who checks your boarding pass before moving on to security made me go buy a 2 peso, (kind of) surgical mask before I was allowed to enter. My triple layer with replaceable filter cloth mask wasn't acceptable. N95 and knock-off masks were also accepted.

Zeos1
10-26-21, 18:23

Any help will be greatly appreciated!You never said, as far as I can find, where you need this test for. What country. Everyone seems to assume it's the USA. But if not the advice may not be accurate.

Just Incognito
10-26-21, 22:26
You never said, as far as I can find, where you need this test for. What country. Everyone seems to assume it's the USA. But if not the advice may not be accurate.But, not a problem: I can have the test Saturday afternoon since I leave Monday morning. I was worried that since I have a connection and my final flight was Monday night that I would have a problem--but, since I am only transiting through airports and not leaving through any customs until I arrive at my final destination, I am all set.

The key is: any 48 hour rules seem to be 48 hours from departure from initial spot of travel, not 48 hours from arrival or 48 hours from final flight of a series of connections--unless you leave the airports secured area and deal with customs.

Chris H
11-02-21, 11:31
I am wondering where the best location to get the test to return to the US. Am looking for a spot that doesn't stick the swab all the way to the brain. I am speaking for a location in Medellin.

Mojo Bandit
11-04-21, 22:41
I am wondering where the best location to get the test to return to the US. Am looking for a spot that doesn't stick the swab all the way to the brain. I am speaking for a location in Medellin.I think you might find that one problem is that the tests that do not stick the swab up the brain are the ones that have longer turn around times. The ones that stick the swab up your nose can turn around in like 30 minutes.

This is a list of places to get tested listed alphabetically by city. I have been told it is not a complete list and that it does not list and these places tend to be more expensive but it is all I know. I would suggest you ask your question in the Medellin Reports thread because more people who have recently visited Medellin will see it.

Mojo Bandit
12-01-21, 14:15
The United States is tightening up on how long before travel you can take your Covid test. It is going from 72 hours to 24 hours.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/us-cdc-urges-americans-avoid-travel-niger-poland-over-covid-19-2021-11-30/

Zeos1
12-01-21, 19:32
I think you might find that one problem is that the tests that do not stick the swab up the brain are the ones that have longer turn around times. The ones that stick the swab up your nose can turn around in like 30 minutes.

This is a list of places to get tested listed alphabetically by city. I have been told it is not a complete list and that it does not list and these places tend to be more expensive but it is all I know. I would suggest you ask your question in the Medellin Reports thread because more people who have recently visited Medellin will see it.

https://co.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/103/COVID-Testing-Locations-in-Colombia.pdfIt is not about the way the swab is taken. It is the type of test. The PCR test generally has a minimum of 24 hour turn around, while the antigen tests can be minutes to a few hours. Some countries only accept PCR tests, others like the USA accept both types.

Silver Turtle
12-01-21, 22:14
If anybody know, please let me know the current status of Check-Mig. Is it still required to enter Colombia? Is the web site functional?

Combo
12-03-21, 01:04
If anybody know, please let me know the current status of Check-Mig. Is it still required to enter Colombia? Is the web site functional?I just filled in all my information and when I hit "next" it brought me back to the home screen. I'm not sure if that means I'm registered or not. If I don't get an email from them, I'll probably fill it out again.

Combo
12-03-21, 01:16
Update -.

Just tried again. I filled in a bunch of info (passport, Date of birth, etc). Then they asked for vaccination status, symptoms, etc, then the last question was "Are you traveling with minors?" I answered "No" then clicked next and it shows something that looks like the initial page. At that page clicking any of the icons does nothing.

Anyone have a similar experience?

I can't remember from my job a year ago if I was ever asked for anything related to this form.

SamPeter71
12-03-21, 18:49
I am trying to fill and it does not give me option to USA as origin? I am coming on copa airlines. Also same in the nationality section. Anyone facing this issue?

Update -.

Just tried again. I filled in a bunch of info (passport, Date of birth, etc). Then they asked for vaccination status, symptoms, etc, then the last question was "Are you traveling with minors?" I answered "No" then clicked next and it shows something that looks like the initial page. At that page clicking any of the icons does nothing.

I can't remember from my job a year ago if I was ever asked for anything related to this form.

Husker Dude
12-03-21, 21:55
Update -.

I can't remember from my job a year ago if I was ever asked for anything related to this form.Damn, same thing. It is broken! F!

Husker Dude
12-03-21, 23:26
Damn, same thing. It is broken! F!Finally got it when I used a chrome book. It did not work with my iMac or iPad, locked up on screen like previously said by Combo.

Combo
12-03-21, 23:53
I am trying to fill and it does not give me option to USA as origin? I am coming on copa airlines. Also same in the nationality section. Anyone facing this issue?USA = Estados Unidos.

Combo
12-04-21, 00:35
Finally got it when I used a chrome book. It did not work with my iMac or iPad, locked up on screen like previously said by Combo.Thank you sir. Chrome worked for me also. I will see you down there (I think we're staying in the same place).

SamPeter71
12-04-21, 01:13
Thank you.

USA = Estados Unidos.

SamPeter71
12-07-21, 14:25
With the new rules to have tested 24 hours before flight.

1. what type of test is needed.

2. Any suggested testing places in chapinero area?

Silver Turtle
12-07-21, 23:57
Don't use Google Chrome browser.

Silver Turtle
12-08-21, 04:27
Passengers must be vaccinated less than 14 days before their flight and must present the 72-hour PCR test.

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/colombia-introduces-new-entry-requirements-for-all-travelers/28778

Zeos1
12-09-21, 03:56
Passengers must be vaccinated less than 14 days before their flight and must present the 72-hour PCR test.

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/colombia-introduces-new-entry-requirements-for-all-travelers/28778

I think this should be "must be vaccinated NOT less than 14 days before their flight" If not then they have to have the PCR test not more than 72 hours before their flight.

GroggyRo
12-10-21, 12:23
I think this should be "must be vaccinated NOT less than 14 days before their flight" If not then they have to have the PCR test not more than 72 hours before their flight.Does anyone know if the booster counts as the vaccine at all? I get that you need to have had 14 days after you're fully vaccinated but the booster does not count toward that correct? I. E. If I got my booster 10 days before my trip, I should be good to go?

Thanks!

Mojo Bandit
12-11-21, 20:26
Does anyone know if the booster counts as the vaccine at all? I get that you need to have had 14 days after you're fully vaccinated but the booster does not count toward that correct? I. E. If I got my booster 10 days before my trip, I should be good to go?

Thanks!I do not understand your question. As I understand it the definition of a "booster" is the shot one takes after they have already taken the initial vaccine. The first vaccine initates an antibody defense against the virus and the "booster" boosts the antibodies even further. So by definition one has to be vaccianted in order to get a "booster" otherwise you are just getting a shot.

So then If you got your vaccine - then got this "booster" then by defintion you were vaccinated already before you got your booster - since the booster is not what is currently required it is not really even relative to whether you are considered vaccinated for purposes of traveling

Does that make sense to you? Because the way you write this it almost sounds like you only got one shot

Mojo Bandit
12-11-21, 20:34
I think this should be "must be vaccinated NOT less than 14 days before their flight" If not then they have to have the PCR test not more than 72 hours before their flight.

https://thecitypaperbogota.com/news/colombia-introduces-new-entry-requirements-for-all-travelers/28778The article states this "Vaccination cards will be valid when a traveler was inoculated at least 14 days prior to boarding a flight" “The justification for being vaccinated 14 days before the flight is that during this period the desired protection is achieved with a vaccine,” stated Minister Ruíz.

It means the 2nd shot a minimum of 14 days before trave for sure.

Silver Turtle
12-11-21, 21:26
Even Colombian Govt may not know what it means, LOL.

To me the term "at least" in this case could indicate both way- before or after the 14th day prior to flight. It is surprising that a competent and well-reputed govt like Colombian govt issues such a fuzzy statement.

The article states this "Vaccination cards will be valid when a traveler was inoculated at least 14 days prior to boarding a flight" The justification for being vaccinated 14 days before the flight is that during this period the desired protection is achieved with a vaccine, stated Minister Ruz.

It means the 2nd shot a minimum of 14 days before trave for sure.

Mojo Bandit
12-11-21, 22:00
https://co.usembassy.gov/health-alert%E2%80%AFnew-covid-19-entry-requirements-colombia/

For non-resident foreign travelers 18 years and older:

Vaccinated non-resident foreign travelers must present proof they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for at least 14 days prior to travel.

If less than 14 days have elapsed or if the vaccination scheme is not complete, the traveler must present a PCR test with a negative result taken within 72 hours of boarding.

Unvaccinated non-resident foreign travelers will not be allowed to enter Colombia.

For the record and some people seem genuinely confused. When they say "fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for at least 14 days prior to travel" it means that one has had the last dose of a two shot vaccine administered 14 days or more prior. Johnson & Johnson is one shot so 14 days after you would be considered good to go.

GroggyRo
12-12-21, 04:55
I do not understand your question. As I understand it the definition of a "booster" is the shot one takes after they have already taken the initial vaccine. The first vaccine initates an antibody defense against the virus and the "booster" boosts the antibodies even further. So by definition one has to be vaccianted in order to get a "booster" otherwise you are just getting a shot.

So then If you got your vaccine - then got this "booster" then by defintion you were vaccinated already before you got your booster - since the booster is not what is currently required it is not really even relative to whether you are considered vaccinated for purposes of traveling

Does that make sense to you? Because the way you write this it almost sounds like you only got one shotHey Mojo,

Yeah thanks for the clarification, that makes sense. I am fully vaccinated and was thinking about getting the booster but may not be able to 2 weeks before my trip. I realize I was not very clear in my question, my be. Thanks for the info tho!

Mojo Bandit
12-12-21, 22:16
As of December 14,2021, all arrivals to Colombia must show proof of full vaccination. If a foreign tourist is only partially vaccinated, or 14 days have not yet passed since the final dose, they can still enter with a negative PCR test result taken no later than 72 hours prior to travel.

Traveler's Checklist.

Fill out the online pre-registration Migracion Colombia form called CheckMiG. Travelers will have to add all of the relevant information about their trip to the form, including how you will be traveling (air, land, sea) and your point of entry.

The immigration form can be filled out 48 hours before your flight and up to one hour before the flight closes, according to the official website.

Show proof of full vaccination against Covid-19, with the last dose being administered at least 14 days before departure. According to the official Colombian government website, either paper or digital form works as proof.

Any traveler to Colombia that can't show proof of being full vaccinated, or 14 days has not yet passed since the final dose, they'll be required to provide a negative PCR test result for Covid, taken no later than 72 prior to departure. All documents for entry to Colombia must be provided at the airport pre-departure.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/colombia-announces-new-entry-requirements-for-travelers-with-mandatory-vaccine-or-testing/

https://co.usembassy.gov/health-alert%e2%80%afnew-covid-19-entry-requirements-colombia/

Balboa
12-14-21, 17:56
As of December 14,2021, all arrivals to Colombia must show proof of full vaccination. If a foreign tourist is only partially vaccinated, or 14 days have not yet passed since the final dose, they can still enter with a negative PCR test result taken no later than 72 hours prior to travel.

Traveler's Checklist.

Fill out the online pre-registration Migracion Colombia form called CheckMiG. Travelers will have to add all of the relevant information about their trip to the form, including how you will be traveling (air, land, sea) and your point of entry.

The immigration form can be filled out 48 hours before your flight and up to one hour before the flight closes, according to the official website.

Show proof of full vaccination against Covid-19, with the last dose being administered at least 14 days before departure. According to the official Colombian government website, either paper or digital form works as proof.

Any traveler to Colombia that can't show proof of being full vaccinated, or 14 days has not yet passed since the final dose, they'll be required to provide a negative PCR test result for Covid, taken no later than 72 prior to departure. All documents for entry to Colombia must be provided at the airport pre-departure.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/colombia-announces-new-entry-requirements-for-travelers-with-mandatory-vaccine-or-testing/

https://co.usembassy.gov/health-alert%e2%80%afnew-covid-19-entry-requirements-colombia/Yep and non vaccinated cannot enter.

Zeos1
12-14-21, 22:08
Yep and non vaccinated cannot enter.I also think this is what it said. The exception for non-vaccinated or those with less than 14 days since the second shot is only for Colombian residents and citizens, not for tourists. They can still get back in, or back home you might say, with the PCR test.

Which makes their policy almost exactly the same as the US. Anyone who is not a citizen or legal resident of US cannot fly in to the US without being fully vaccinated.

Mojo Bandit
12-30-21, 00:28
Mateocast98.

Regular Member.

Title: Travel within the last week.

"Did anyone have any trouble traveling to Colombia with just full vaccination and the card. I had a family friend who was denied boarding on a flight do to lack of pcr even tho they were fully vaccinated. They had to get the pcr and wait a few days. Not sure what happened. Has anyone traveled in the past week?

First I want to apologize to Mateocast98 - the "resond with quote" and "delete" buttons are next to each other and once I accidently delete a post there is no "undo" option. So I wend back using ther browser "back" button and copied and pasted the text and labeling of your post.

Can you be sure that it had been 14 days since their last shot; the instructions on the embassy web site read as follows:

Vaccinated non-resident foreign travelers must present proof they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for at least 14 days prior to travel.

If less than 14 days have elapsed or if the vaccination scheme is not complete, the traveler must present a PCR test with a negative result taken within 72 hours of boarding.

Unvaccinated non-resident foreign travelers will not be allowed to enter Colombia.

MarkWil92
01-12-22, 13:19
Hey guys,

Quick question. I got the J&J vaccine back in June. It was only one shot as you may know, so there was no need for a 2nd. I have my vaccination card as well, will I have any trouble getting into Colombia?

ChuchoLoco
01-12-22, 17:46
Will be headed down in another month or so and think it may be best to purchase insurance in case I get infected and need to stay isolated etc. And worst case hospital. Any of you guys have purchased a policy lately and can you give me a name of the company? Thanks! I did a search already and no answers my first time then tried new words but it tells me to wait and try again. I'll be searching all day.

Fun Luvr
01-13-22, 00:29
Quick question. I got the J&J vaccine back in June. It was only one shot as you may know, so there was no need for a 2nd. I have my vaccination card as well, will I have any trouble getting into Colombia?As of today, that is all the Covid stuff you need. You need to fill out the Check-mig form at https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf..

Fun Luvr
01-13-22, 01:26
Will be headed down in another month or so and think it may be best to purchase insurance in case I get infected and need to stay isolated etc. And worst case hospital. Any of you guys have purchased a policy lately and can you give me a name of the company? Thanks! I did a search already and no answers my first time then tried new words but it tells me to wait and try again. I'll be searching all day.I purchased travel insurance from Trawick for a trip when Colombia opened after the Covid closure. I didn't have to use it. According to their website, they pay if you are quarantined. Their rates are very affordable, scaled by age.

ChuchoLoco
01-13-22, 01:52
I purchased travel insurance from Trawick for a trip when Colombia opened after the Covid closure. I didn't have to use it. According to their website, they pay if you are quarantined. Their rates are very affordable, scaled by age.Thanks Fun Luvr, this is just what I was looking for. Better to have it and not need it then the other way around.

PseudoGene
01-18-22, 03:50
As of today, that is all the Covid stuff you need. You need to fill out the Check-mig form at https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf..I could not fill the form from my computer. The staff at the check-in desk told me to do it on my smartphone. It is a common issue. Also don't expect to USA in the drop-down menu it will Estados Unidos. 2 cents.

Icky994
01-18-22, 14:38
Yep and non vaccinated cannot enter.Just a thought. How is everyone verifying these vaccination cards? Understandable if its an obvious fake. Yet, what if you had an actual vaccination card that was filled out but never actually took the shot?

ChuchoLoco
01-18-22, 17:25
I purchased travel insurance from Trawick for a trip when Colombia opened after the Covid closure. I didn't have to use it. According to their website, they pay if you are quarantined. Their rates are very affordable, scaled by age.FL, Just an update. I sent them an email with a question the day after our posts and still haven't gotten a reply. Seems a bit too slow. I'll give them a call and see what happens. Prices are reasonable as you said. CL.

Questner
02-24-22, 01:03
Update for municipalities:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10bTJruROf3cIUoaqR3o2PiOZLqiD1NvV/htmlview

NeilGeorge
05-15-22, 14:01

Still required? Do they inspect vaccination cards now? Is it enough to have a digital photo of it on my phone?

Mojo Bandit
05-17-22, 23:28

Still required? Do they inspect vaccination cards now? Is it enough to have a digital photo of it on my phone?I have not traveled to Colombia in a while. You might want to post your question in the Medellin Reports thread but as far as I can tell a lot of people are complaining that it takes a long time to get through immigration becuase so many people have not filled out the pre registration so I think it is still required but again you should post this question in the Medellin Reports thread. It is the busiest thread and the busiest city so you are most likely to get an answer there.

Fun Luvr
05-18-22, 00:36

Still required? Do they inspect vaccination cards now? Is it enough to have a digital photo of it on my phone?The immigration agent hasn't asked for the Check-mig form in a while. Sometimes the airline will ask for it. It takes less than five minutes to complete and receive confirmation, so I don't take chances. They do check vaccination cards at departure and at immigration. I always show them the card, so I don't know if an electronic copy is acceptable. I go through immigration in MDE very fast, but I arrive around 5pm and there are no other airlines arriving at that time.

NeilGeorge
05-19-22, 03:31
The immigration agent hasn't asked for the Check-mig form in a while. Sometimes the airline will ask for it. It takes less than five minutes to complete and receive confirmation, so I don't take chances. They do check vaccination cards at departure and at immigration. I always show them the card, so I don't know if an electronic copy is acceptable. I go through immigration in MDE very fast, but I arrive around 5pm and there are no other airlines arriving at that time.I do not recall being asked for the form in January. Also it does not go beyond page 2. No fill in blanks are on page 3. And I am 48 hours from flight, inside the 72 hours. I will have to forget about continuing to try, again and again.

Silver Turtle
05-22-22, 19:46
I do not recall being asked for the form in January. Also it does not go beyond page 2. No fill in blanks are on page 3. And I am 48 hours from flight, inside the 72 hours. I will have to forget about continuing to try, again and again.Try a different internet browser.

Gianni Versace
05-24-22, 04:28
I asked the emigration lady as I left at the Medellin airport, cause no one asked for the MIG form Friday or Sunday. She said no, not needed any more.I just called American Airlines & they said I would need to complete the Mig form 72 hours before departure.

Husker Dude
05-24-22, 04:49
I just called American Airlines & they said I would need to complete the Mig form 72 hours before departure.AA checked my Check-mig both ways last month.

Mojo Bandit
06-10-22, 18:07
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/10/biden-administration-to-drop-covid-testing-requirements-for-international-air-travel.html

As of June 12th to take effect at 12:01 am ET on Sunday. USA Drops Covid testing requirement for international travelers.

Mojo Bandit
08-01-22, 00:22
This is still listed as an entry requirement to Colombia.

Travelers must complete Migracióand Colombia's online Check-Mig form within 72 hours of boarding an inbound or outbound flight from Colombia. If the normal form's website is down travelers can find a contingency website here.

Mojo Bandit
08-07-22, 19:04
Basic Entry and Exit requirements for Colombia might be a good read for anyone who has not been to Colombia before. I do not see these chainging unless a particularly deadly covid varient develops. Go the page linked below at State and scroll down to Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements and click to open that section up. Basic info is there like how long you can stay and the fact that if you do not have a return ticket you may de denied entry into the country. And there is specific information for people who are actually entering with visas other than tourist reasons etc.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Colombia.htm

The one carry over thing that is left that was not there before Covid is this form one has to fill out. There were reports that people were saying it is useless because people do not check but others say they do and I suspect that when they do check it they are not telling you and you would have to be looking over the immigration officer's shoulder at their computer screen to know if they are checking that system against your passport when you hand it to them on arriving. Meaning that you are more likely to find out the hard way that they are checking when you have not filled it out.

Blue Touch
11-06-22, 16:02
Did the area code for Medellin, or calling method, change recently? I dialed my hotel number preceded by 57-4, and it didn't work.

Silver Turtle
11-22-22, 20:43
I had my last / third shot 7 month ago. Is this fine to enter Colombia next month? It doesn't matter as long as it is older than 14 days?

Mateocast98.

Regular Member.

Title: Travel within the last week.

"Did anyone have any trouble traveling to Colombia with just full vaccination and the card. I had a family friend who was denied boarding on a flight do to lack of pcr even tho they were fully vaccinated. They had to get the pcr and wait a few days. Not sure what happened. Has anyone traveled in the past week?

First I want to apologize to Mateocast98 - the "resond with quote" and "delete" buttons are next to each other and once I accidently delete a post there is no "undo" option. So I wend back using ther browser "back" button and copied and pasted the text and labeling of your post.

Can you be sure that it had been 14 days since their last shot; the instructions on the embassy web site read as follows:

Blue Touch
07-19-23, 19:12
I just saw a flight ticket for Medellin with a layover at Bogota airport (Atlanta-Bogota-Medellin).

Would I go through immigration at Bogota or Medellin (final destination)?

I don't like the immigration at Bogota airport.

Globalnomad5
07-19-23, 21:52
I just saw a flight ticket for Medellin with a layover at Bogota airport (Atlanta-Bogota-Medellin).

Would I go through immigration at Bogota or Medellin (final destination)?

I don't like the immigration at Bogota airport.You will go through immigration in Bogota. Bogota-Medellin is a domestic flight.

Blue Touch
07-20-23, 22:14
You will go through immigration in Bogota. Bogota-Medellin is a domestic flight.Thanks a lot!

Blue Touch
08-24-23, 22:03
Still is Mig form required for an entry to Colombia?

Fun Luvr
08-28-23, 03:08
Still is Mig form required for an entry to Colombia?The short answer is yes, although some airlines may not check.