PDA

View Full Version : Contract tracing and YOU

Member #4794
05-26-20, 07:34
I originally posted this is the Philippines forum but I wanted to get ALL mongers option on this from around the world to chime in since this not specific to the Philippines. ALL input welcome.

"Contact tracers are learning a new trade and governments across the globe are hiring teams of contact tracers. Our phones have anonymous or not so anonymous Bluetooth tracking data. They are using CCTV and extra ordinary means to track people.

What implications does this have on the mongering world? As we do, do something that is in a gray area. After this virus subsides who is to say that they will not keep on this team of contact tracers with their new found skills to keep tabs of persons of interest or create new types of extortion scams.

What would you do if confronted with a history of your bar fines this is also dereliction of the terms of most people passports. There is a line on the US passport agreement that prohibits sex tourism. What is your take on this NEW profession of contract tracers and what impact do you think it will have on this community none at all or will we have to start carrying our cellphones ins Faraday bags / blackout and wear masks and other extraordinary means to subvert these contract tracing teams? Are you taking any extra precautions due to the governments new invasions of privacy? We won't really know to What extent they will abuse their new found powers. I do feel like this has some far reaching implications that are as of yet unknown. ".

Macron
05-28-20, 11:41
I originally posted this is the Philippines forum but I wanted to get ALL mongers option on this from around the world to chime in since this not specific to the Philippines. ALL input welcome.

"Contact tracers are learning a new trade and governments across the globe are hiring teams of contact tracers. Our phones have anonymous or not so anonymous Bluetooth tracking data. They are using CCTV and extra ordinary means to track people.

What implications does this have on the mongering world? As we do, do something that is in a gray area. After this virus subsides who is to say that they will not keep on this team of contact tracers with their new found skills to keep tabs of persons of interest or create new types of extortion scams.

What would you do if confronted with a history of your bar fines this is also dereliction of the terms of most people passports. There is a line on the US passport agreement that prohibits sex tourism. What is your take on this NEW profession of contract tracers and what impact do you think it will have on this community none at all or will we have to start carrying our cellphones ins Faraday bags / blackout and wear masks and other extraordinary means to subvert these contract tracing teams? Are you taking any extra precautions due to the governments new invasions of privacy? We won't really know to What extent they will abuse their new found powers. I do feel like this has some far reaching implications that are as of yet unknown. ".Contact tracing is a serious issue worldwide and it's a privacy concern both for mongers and suppliers. The only thing we can do technically is switch off our data and Bluetooth before going for session and after coming out for a considerable period of time. Get a separate phone for this purpose. Also not to sound too primitive, let's use non data service from basic cheap phones which don't have GPS or Bluetooth settings to go to WG and also advice her of doing the same if possible.

Radar99
05-30-20, 05:42
Contact tracing is a serious issue worldwide and it's a privacy concern both for mongers and suppliers. The only thing we can do technically is switch off our data and Bluetooth before going for session and after coming out for a considerable period of time. Get a separate phone for this purpose. Also not to sound too primitive, let's use non data service from basic cheap phones which don't have GPS or Bluetooth settings to go to WG and also advice her of doing the same if possible.Is switching off data and Bluetooth enough to prevent tracing?

Mongerer88
05-30-20, 12:12
Is this the line on the Passport Application you are talking about? It doesn't read to me the way you describe it.

"Furthermore, I have not been convicted of a federal or state drug offense or convicted of a "sex tourism" crimes statute, and I am not the subject of an outstanding federal, state, or local warrant of arrest for a felony; a criminal court order forbidding my departure from the United States."

And with respect to bar fines and the sort, people have been legally purchasing time and companionship in areas where sex work is illegal for a very, very long time. That is how it is done in the USA.

Long before covid-19, it has been suggested that a person not keep active photos of ladies he sees on his phone when crossing certain international borders. Or explicit text or WhatsApp messages with providers or agencies. It is pretty easy to move the picture to email, the cloud, or to archive / back-up that at least makes them more difficult to see. That is simply to avoid being denied entry to a foreign country for subjective reasons. Not really an issue entering Europe from the USA, but it can be when entering Canada from the USA.

I don't agree with your concerns with respect to the denial or revocation of a USA Passport. USA Law makes it illegal for a USA Citizen to travel abroad to have sex with a person under 18, regardless of the legality of that act in the foreign country. But that law does not extend to sex with those 18 or over.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/is-sex-tourism-against-law.htm

It is my understanding that Sweden extends that type of law to commercial sex acts committed by its citizens abroad regardless of the age of the sex worker. So maybe your concerns are valid for Swedes.

I can understand married guys being concerned about Contract Tracing, though, for obvious reasons, that involve the civil side of the legal system.

What implications does this have on the mongering world? As we do, do something that is in a gray area. After this virus subsides who is to say that they will not keep on this team of contact tracers with their new found skills to keep tabs of persons of interest or create new types of extortion scams..

Macron
05-30-20, 17:12
Is switching off data and Bluetooth enough to prevent tracing?I would say yes to some extent but then there may be loopholes who knows. There are some reports that say people scan all call records and messages also to check the travel history. It depends how aggressive the local government behaves in containment.

Member #4794
05-31-20, 01:05
...And with respect to bar fines and the sort, people have been legally purchasing time and companionship in areas where sex work is illegal for a very, very long time. That is how it is done in the USA....
...I don't agree with your concerns with respect to the denial or revocation of a USA Passport. USA Law makes it illegal for a USA Citizen to travel abroad to have sex with a person under 18, regardless of the legality of that act in the foreign country. But that law does not extend to sex with those 18 or over...I appreciate you taking the time to explain your point and it is reassuring that you feel that way however what does bother me is that they never had evidence of "our" where abouts before now. In Thailand I know for sure they made it mandatory that you register your passport with the simcard and they might not even need this information if they are able to request the signal pings from your phones identification number to the neighboring phones that were in proximity as well as your proximity to certain establishments. They will be able to track you to a degree that was before unheard of, making some laws that were seen as unenforceable possibly enforceable.

My main concern is they are creating a workforce of people who are learning this skill and there will be a market for this somewhere be it in law enforcement, personal investigators, or more nefarious purposes. After the virus passes all these people with this new skill set will be on the open market and looking for ways to utilize this new skill. The fact that they are generating these databases and developing this more complex technology to correlate this NEW data could change the landscape of how ALL crime heinous or petty is handled. Where it was near impossible to have enough data to prosecute Johns before now with the circumstantial data that these contact tracers will be able to put together even if you did delete photos or contacts from your phone, I believe they would still be able to trace some of your movements and who you had come into contact with. I agree that it would still mostly be circumstantial evidence but based on which country you are mongering in this could be more than enough. I get why they do not often prosecute Johns but with new investigation techniques comes a wave of crimes that become prosecutable this is my main concern.

Its not just Bluetooth, cell tower pings and possible tracking you with WIFI honey pots where your phone scans for WIFI SSIDs and your phones MAC address will get logged passing a wifi hotspot which CAN triangulate your location based on how weak or strong your signal is. CCTV like I mentioned before corroborated with these other databases can with a degree of certainty place you in an area and may or may not ID the person you are with. There is a litany of such databases that are online that constantly track our movements that if they decided to open up and sell this data and number of devices such as health trackers or smart watches and apps on your cellphone maybe also be selling this data to public databases which you agreed to by installing the app (facebook, google, wechat, tinder, Instagram, tiktok, ect.). Such apps are often times how we also find / contact prospective providers so this is a double edged sword. I do not think it would be a crazy idea that right now they could draw up a list of people who recently visited "red light districts" and outline their habits and put said individuals on watch lists.