PDA

View Full Version : Back to MECQ

Red Kilt
08-03-20, 07:36
For those of you not in the Philippines, most of Luzon will revert to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) tonight at midnight (Monday) for 14 days.

This means all the gains of the past few weeks are now lost. I cannot go outside any more without a special pass (in Pasig City in MM).

If you have a live air ticket and were hoping to use it within the next couple of months to come here then I suggest you cash it in.

Not much change will occur until (probably) end of 2020.

Red Kilt
08-03-20, 12:35
For those of you not in the Philippines, most of Luzon will revert to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) tonight at midnight (Monday) for 14 days.
Sorry. It's not "most of Luzon", just the immediate area around Metro Manila going into MECQ.

CenTexCrash
08-03-20, 18:23
Got a WhatsApp message from girl saying her district outside of Metro Manila is enforcing a 14 day MECQ thru August 18.

Being an American idiot, I had to Google that acronym. Sounds pretty delightful.

Her last address was Navotas City, not sure if that's where she still is since I wouldn't pay her rent.

Kabul Guy
08-15-20, 00:24

Being an American idiot, I had to Google that acronym. Sounds pretty delightful.
....From most restrictive to least.

ECQ Enhanced community quarantine, basically total lockdown, not much movement, one pass per household essential reasons to be outside.

MECQ Modified ECQ, more businesses open.

GCQ General Community Quarantine, more businesses open more relaxed travel reasons, some services open, reduced capacity.

MGCQ Least restrictive, all can go out except under 20 and over 60 years old, restaurants at 50%, more businesses open.

New Normal, not implemented many places yet, no restrictions but masks and social distancing in place.

However each local government unit LGU, can and will add additional rules such as liquor bans and some are more strict at enforcement than others. Some enforcers are more or less strict than others so if you cannot get into a mall, walk around and try another door.

I am in a tourist area and even though most places can open at least at 50% many are closed because no tourists around to give them any trade.