PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Cuba As an American

Jesterl
04-06-21, 03:53
Is it possible to travel to Cuba as an American and not have this be a problem or recorded by authorities? The notion that passport control doesn't check back in the states is not true, as my traveling to Mexico routinely results in a passport check, not just an absent minded running it through the machine. The only idea I can think of is getting an enhanced passport, which requires a state department interview. This passport seems to have the ability to access auto kiosks at passport control, which are equivalent to the swipe machines the passport agents run your passport through, and which bypass visual inspection by agents. What say you?

Jesterl
03-12-23, 16:13
Is it possible to travel to Cuba as an American and not have this be a problem or recorded by authorities? The notion that passport control doesn't check back in the states is not true, as my traveling to Mexico routinely results in a passport check, not just an absent minded running it through the machine. The only idea I can think of is getting an enhanced passport, which requires a state department interview. This passport seems to have the ability to access auto kiosks at passport control, which are equivalent to the swipe machines the passport agents run your passport through, and which bypass visual inspection by agents. What say you?This seems to be the easiest way? You have to create an itinerary of museums, chatting, restauranting, etc. --lasting the day and receipts? How strict is this? Obviously, I would want to go several times. Does this cause a problem and increase probability of auditing by the government with these issues?

Zeos1
03-12-23, 22:40
Is it possible to travel to Cuba as an American and not have this be a problem or recorded by authorities? The notion that passport control doesn't check back in the states is not true, as my traveling to Mexico routinely results in a passport check, not just an absent minded running it through the machine. The only idea I can think of is getting an enhanced passport, which requires a state department interview. This passport seems to have the ability to access auto kiosks at passport control, which are equivalent to the swipe machines the passport agents run your passport through, and which bypass visual inspection by agents. What say you?Cuba always used to NOT put a stamp in American's passports. Assuming that may still be the case. I think that policy was for Americans who came in through other countries. If they come directly from the US and have the approved reason, etc (which is of no importance to them) perhaps they do stamp it.