PDA

View Full Version : Can we please stop the auto-correction feature?

Stinky Squid
06-08-21, 21:42
Maybe our indian friends need to be reminded to say "you are" instead of "U" "R" but when I use a single letter "R" I do not expect that to be changed to "are" that's dumb!

Likewise if I say "i." "e." for "that is" in perfect English, I do not mean that as "Internet Explorer" or whatever they think a "I. E. " means when it is being so wrongly capitalized by the system.

Can we please turn off this stupid auto-replacement? If you are so against people writing "U "R" for "you are" then please give strikes to repeat offenders, don't diminish everyone else with such nonsense replacements.

And please, UNICODE has been around, so if we use proper accents on Sao Paulo then do not just delete them, because "So Paulo" is not understandable to anyone! Your eagerness to "fix" our writing ends up being terribly distorting. Not helpful!

If you must prohibit non ASCII UNICODE (why? We're talking international names here!) then please use the "unaccent" tool or database function to do this and change "Sa~o Paulo" with the tilde accent to "Sao Paulo" without it.

Steve 9696
06-09-21, 01:52
Maybe our indian friends need to be reminded to say "you are" instead of "U" "R" but when I use a single letter "R" I do not expect that to be changed to "are" that's dumb!

Likewise if I say "i." "e." for "that is" in perfect English, I do not mean that as "Internet Explorer" or whatever they think a "I. E. " means when it is being so wrongly capitalized by the system.

Can we please turn off this stupid auto-replacement? If you are so against people writing "U "R" for "you are" then please give strikes to repeat offenders, don't diminish everyone else with such nonsense replacements.

And please, UNICODE has been around, so if we use proper accents on Sao Paulo then do not just delete them, because "So Paulo" is not understandable to anyone! Your eagerness to "fix" our writing ends up being terribly distorting. Not helpful!

If you must prohibit non ASCII UNICODE (why? We're talking international names here!) then please use the "unaccent" tool or database function to do this and change "Sa~o Paulo" with the tilde accent to "Sao Paulo" without it.OMG. Yes please. My least favorites:

Awesome "D" Cup tits comes out "the" cup. Same thing with B Cup. OMG so annoying.

And Brazilian currency is the Real or "R” and it subs "are". Please stop!

John Clayton
06-09-21, 03:51
I cast my (worthless) vote to abolish it everywhere!

The Cane
06-09-21, 03:54
And can we please, please, please get rid of the Strip Chat pop-ups? Very, very annoying!

XXL
06-09-21, 04:04
I call it the automisspell feature.

AussieGaigin
06-09-21, 06:35
I don't know if we can stop this problem, but I have found that if you upload the document with the errors in it, you can then "edit" the post and the corrected version remains after you save it.

Stinky Squid
06-09-21, 07:43
Can you say Bush as in shrub? Nope! This site must tell you to capitalize the George Double-you! : the. .... Oh I forgot, can't say capital Dee either, that is a mandatory "the" for you.

SoberHans69
06-09-21, 07:55
Aww I was wondering why people always said c cup, see section instead of 'c' cup etc.