PDA

View Full Version : Nuevo Laredo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Gringo2
01-30-20, 00:47
Laredo is way to be dangerous, you should not be going to the bars at night for any reason, way to risky.Have you ever been to the Emilianos Bar at Guerrero 118 in the first block from the bridge?

Bbond
01-30-20, 23:46
Laredo is way to be dangerous, you should not be going to the bars at night for any reason, way to risky.After living here almost 12 years, you need to walk around a bit with me. Your fears will greatly.

Subside.

Bbond
02-15-20, 14:08
According to the following Facebook page, Emilianos is a sports bar:
https://www.facebook.com/Emilianos-Bar-El-semforo-983652701713546Was in there last night. They have 2 42 inch TVs. So if that makes it a sports bar, then it's a sports bar. I reckon.

Gringo2
02-19-20, 09:54
Was in there last night. They have 2 42 inch TVs. So if that makes it a sports bar, then it's a sports bar. I reckon.What about the girls?

Bbond
02-19-20, 23:08
What about the girls?Girls? Not many, but outside there are usually a few. Emilianos requires unaccompanied girls inside to be customers, and not just sit around waiting for guys. Approaching guys and or accepting money openly is not allowed. So most just hang outside by the corner.

Spunikit2
02-29-20, 18:09
I am going to Laredo, tx for some work next week. Does Nuevo Laredo have any strip clubs similar to Tijuana?

CenTexCrash
03-01-20, 06:13
I am going to Laredo, tx for some work next week. Does Nuevo Laredo have any strip clubs similar to Tijuana?

Only place that comes to mind (for me) is in Boystown across the street from Safari. Can't remember the name, and it's been 4 years since I went. It closes at 1 am for safety of patrons. Safari and Martha's are just clubs to buy ladies expensive drinks. This place has actual dance stage.

This is contingent on of Boystown is even around still. (Shows what I know)

DramaFree11
03-02-20, 00:48
Only place that comes to mind (for me) is in Boystown across the street from Safari. Can't remember the name, and it's been 4 years since I went. It closes at 1 am for safety of patrons. Safari and Martha's are just clubs to buy ladies expensive drinks. This place has actual dance stage.

This is contingent on of Boystown is even around still. (Shows what I know)You need to avoid Boystown, it is just not safe anymore. Save your money and go to MTY or Tijuana.

Bbond
03-04-20, 18:06
Emilianos and the bar around the corner, bar 66, have been shut down by state alcohol inspectors. Doors are sealed.

Slick Willie
03-05-20, 18:24
Emilianos and the bar around the corner, bar 66, have been shut down by state alcohol inspectors. Doors are sealed.Thanks for the update Bbond. You really have to wonder why they are closing down all these bars for minor infractions. Jarochos will probably be next.

Bbond
03-06-20, 03:35
Thanks for the update Bbond. You really have to wonder why they are closing down all these bars for minor infractions. Jarochos will probably be next.I know, personally, the manager at Jarochos, he closes when he hears the inspectors are in town. He is trying to get 100% compliant, but until then he closes as a precaution.

Aceite
03-07-20, 04:43
I am going to Laredo, tx for some work next week. Does Nuevo Laredo have any strip clubs similar to Tijuana?I was just there for a week between 18-25th. Went to boy town only as a errand to meet someone that had paper work we needed. This was on a Saturday night. Everthing was closed down and it was only 11 pm. The trucker bars Martha's and Safari closed too. But a few trips down into centrol I spotted quit a few girls working corners. There just not a whole lot going on in nuevo Laredo as far as clubs. But there plenty of action to be had. But be careful my last night there I hooked up with an old regular and the guy that drove her wanted to rob me. She ended that discussion pretty quickly and while I couldn't understand the exact words that where being said I was well aware what his intentions were. Luckily I've known the girl for along time now and she can be trusted but someone else and I could of been in a bad situation. He drove a regular marked taxi.

Bbond
03-15-20, 09:12
Emilianos and the bar around the corner, bar 66, have been shut down by state alcohol inspectors. Doors are sealed.Update, both have re-opened.

Bbond
03-22-20, 00:06
The state government has closed, until further notice, all bars, and according to what it says, any places that sell open containers of alcoholic beverages.

Aceite
03-31-20, 01:23
Has anyone been crossing the border? Seem a shame to miss out on these exchange rates. Might try catching a flight in April. Any info would be appreciated.

Bbond
04-03-20, 02:55
#ÚLTIMAHORA.

Forbidden the entry of American citizens and residents of the USA to #Tamaulipas by COVID-19 pandemic.

The SRE had already warned it but many people with American nationality who work on the American side and live in #Tamaulipas had ignored it. Official details will be released in the next few hours.

From this Monday April 6th, the passage until further notice is prohibited.

DramaFree11
04-03-20, 04:34
#LTIMAHORA.

Forbidden the entry of American citizens and residents of the USA to #Tamaulipas by COVID-19 pandemic.

The SRE had already warned it but many people with American nationality who work on the American side and live in #Tamaulipas had ignored it. Official details will be released in the next few hours.

From this Monday April 6th, the passage until further notice is prohibited.Shit, can you walk across if you have medical appointment?

Bbond
04-03-20, 17:15
Shit, can you walk across if you have medical appointment?The barring of Americans was confirmed to be FALSE. Crossing continues as it has been.

Slick Willie
04-04-20, 01:12
The barring of Americans was confirmed to be FALSE. Crossing continues as it has been.Just be aware that in Laredo TX, before you cross, you're going to need to have some kind of face mask; saw somewhere that if you don't have one they could fine you up to $1000.

https://www.lmtonline.com/local/article/Webb-to-adopt-Laredo-mandate-ordering-citizens-to-15177698.php#photo-19257971.

DramaFree11
04-04-20, 03:29
The barring of Americans was confirmed to be FALSE. Crossing continues as it has been.Thank you, my friend also said it was OK. To cross.

Bbond
04-04-20, 17:56
Just be aware that in Laredo TX, before you cross, you're going to need to have some kind of face mask; saw somewhere that if you don't have one they could fine you up to $1000.
Nuevo Laredo has also mandated face masks, many stores will not allow you to enter without one.

DramaFree11
04-05-20, 15:47
Nuevo Laredo has also mandated face masks, many stores will not allow you to enter without one.Crossed the border yesterday no issues. Most had face masks on. There were some restaurants that were open and people inside eating. Drove to MTY they seem to be taking this little more serious. I had major issues getting a hotel, you have to say you are here for work.

I do not think Mexico, can survive a month shut down, so I feel that the quarantine will not last one month. All countries will probably be forced to weigh there options.

Bbond
04-06-20, 02:12
Crossed the border yesterday no issues. Most had face masks on. There were some restaurants that were open and people inside eating. Some restaurants still allow people to eat inside, but many more are carry-out or delivery only. Presently there are no sanctions nor penalties for not wearing a face mask, unlike Laredo, TX, so some people refuse to do so. The policia and transitos are supposed to reminding people about the requirement, so I suspect many of those will try to say it is required and try to extort you for a "fine".

DramaFree11
04-09-20, 02:36
Hotels in Laredo and MTY are now requiring a certified letter saying your are in Mexico for work. Has to be on letterhead, and stamped. They might let you stay one night, but total pain in the Ass. This totally sucks.

Bbond
04-09-20, 19:58
Nuevo Laredo starts curfew hours tonight, Thursday the 9th. Hours are 10 p to 6 a. No fines or jail time are listed in the order. I just says the police or military will stop you and encourage you to go home.

When I came across the bridge, from work yesterday, I was asked if I lived in Nuevo Laredo. There was no issues letting me pass.

Slick Willie
04-10-20, 04:27
Hotels in Laredo and MTY are now requiring a certified letter saying your are in Mexico for work. Has to be on letterhead, and stamped. They might let you stay one night, but total pain in the Ass. This totally sucks.My favorite hotel in Nuevo Laredo, the City Express, right next to the Greyhound station on Lopez de Lara, and a 15 minute walk from Boystown, is closed down completely. Until further notice? I doubt it.

DramaFree11
04-11-20, 02:09
Nuevo Laredo starts curfew hours tonight, Thursday the 9th. Hours are 10 p to 6 a. No fines or jail time are listed in the order. I just says the police or military will stop you and encourage you to go home.

When I came across the bridge, from work yesterday, I was asked if I lived in Nuevo Laredo. There was no issues letting me pass.Walked across the border last night, getting stricter by the day. They make you sign and take your temp. Laredo was a ghost town. Best to wait a couple more weeks. 2 girls I know tried to leave MTY to go to another city they were turned around and told to go home. Mexico is taking this pretty seriously, I am surprised. They may not have an economy after this and no one will have a job, time will only tell if it was the correct decision to close everything.

Aceite
04-11-20, 02:25
Hotels in Laredo and MTY are now requiring a certified letter saying your are in Mexico for work. Has to be on letterhead, and stamped. They might let you stay one night, but total pain in the Ass. This totally sucks.Try the airbnb. I prefer over hotels now. Get a lot more for the money and haven't had a problem yet.

Bbond
04-11-20, 03:12
My favorite hotel in Nuevo Laredo, the City Express, right next to the Greyhound station on Lopez de Lara, and a 15 minute walk from Boystown, is closed down completely. Until further notice? I doubt it.Sorry slick, but it seems that it is closed. https://www.cityexpress.com/reservacion/hotel/CENLD.

Slick Willie
04-11-20, 05:06
Sorry slick, but it seems that it is closed. https://www.cityexpress.com/reservacion/hotel/CENLD.I know that. I was just speculating on whether they closed it for good, or for only a few weeks. Time will tell. Anyhow it was great while it lasted: great location, great pricing, great food, and didn't care if you brought in visitors.

Zygomatic
04-11-20, 15:45
For sharing the latest news from your lenses. A couple of weeks ago I went to the omex bus station in San Antonio and they said that 2 buses were still circulating from here to Monterrey and back. I am not sure what it's like now. The USA has it worse than any other country right now and the curve has not flattened enough. Not only did I enjoy going to Monterrey but being able to buy medicine right across the border helps allot of Americans who don't have health insurance. Can Americans still go to Nuevo Laredo to buy medicine and cross the bridge right back to the USA? I know it's not even possible to travel in car from San Antonio to Laredo right now unless it's for essential purposes.

DramaFree11
04-11-20, 21:48
For sharing the latest news from your lenses. A couple of weeks ago I went to the omex bus station in San Antonio and they said that 2 buses were still circulating from here to Monterrey and back. I am not sure what it's like now. The USA has it worse than any other country right now and the curve has not flattened enough. Not only did I enjoy going to Monterrey but being able to buy medicine right across the border helps allot of Americans who don't have health insurance. Can Americans still go to Nuevo Laredo to buy medicine and cross the bridge right back to the USA? I know it's not even possible to travel in car from San Antonio to Laredo right now unless it's for essential purposes.As of Thursday, but changing daily, maybe hourly.

Slick Willie
04-12-20, 02:39
For sharing the latest news from your lenses. A couple of weeks ago I went to the omex bus station in San Antonio and they said that 2 buses were still circulating from here to Monterrey and back. I am not sure what it's like now. The USA has it worse than any other country right now and the curve has not flattened enough. Not only did I enjoy going to Monterrey but being able to buy medicine right across the border helps allot of Americans who don't have health insurance. Can Americans still go to Nuevo Laredo to buy medicine and cross the bridge right back to the USA? I know it's not even possible to travel in car from San Antonio to Laredo right now unless it's for essential purposes.Good to see you back, Zygo, Greyhound still has 4 buses a day from SA to Monterrey and back. Turimex is totally closed down. Omex has 5 buses a day to Monterrey. You can get their schedules off the internet, you don't have to go to the station:

http://omnibusexpress.com/

I usually go on Greyhound, use the others for backups, but just remember that their station in Monterrey is in the northern part of town, and you have to take the Metro to get downtown.

I was in NL Mar 28-29, no problems crossing either way, brought back 4 boxes of amoxicilina, declared them, no problems there either.

Slick Willie
04-12-20, 03:48
I wonder if any of those flea bags in downtown NL are still open. The last one I stayed at a couple of weeks ago, "El Cheapo", was crawling with bed bugs. Hadn't been there in years, never going back again. I did, however, manage to swipe a roll of toilet paper when I left--worth its weight in gold up here in SA: bunch of pussies scared of their own shadows, obsessed with the latest designer virus from China, aka the "Shanghai Shivers"(thank you James Woods).

As for airbnb and its cousins, lyft and uber, stick a fork in them, they're done. People took out huge mortgages and loans to buy houses and cars to turn them into airbnbs and ubers, and now guess what: no customers. The airlines might get bailed out, but not these guys. $1200 in Trump Bux is not going to get them very far, and BTW have you gotten your bux yet, I haven't, and don't know anybody that has.

And as for the Coronavirus task force, what a joke. Fauci and Birx are relying on terrible models. They want to keep us on lockdown forever. Find a vaccine? Yeah, sure, Bill Gates has never been able to keep viruses out of Windows. Now he's going to find a vaccine for Covid-19? What a laugh. Should have gotten the BCG vaccination years ago like me. Gives you immunity to almost everything, not just TB. Don't believe me, just google it.

Well, at least here in Texas Gov Abbott wants to open things up as soon as possible. Go for it, Greg. I need to get me a damn haircut!

DramaFree11
04-12-20, 04:43
I wonder if any of those flea bags in downtown NL are still open. The last one I stayed at a couple of weeks ago, "El Cheapo", was crawling with bed bugs. Hadn't been there in years, never going back again. I did, however, manage to swipe a roll of toilet paper when I left--worth its weight in gold up here in SA: bunch of pussies scared of their own shadows, obsessed with the latest designer virus from China, aka the "Shanghai Shivers"(thank you James Woods).

As for airbnb and its cousins, lyft and uber, stick a fork in them, they're done. People took out huge mortgages and loans to buy houses and cars to turn them into airbnbs and ubers, and now guess what: no customers. The airlines might get bailed out, but not these guys. $1200 in Trump Bux is not going to get them very far, and BTW have you gotten your bux yet, I haven't, and don't know anybody that has.

And as for the Coronavirus task force, what a joke. Fauci and Birx are relying on terrible models. They want to keep us on lockdown forever. Find a vaccine? Yeah, sure, Bill Gates has never been able to keep viruses out of Windows. Now he's going to find a vaccine for Covid-19? What a laugh. Should have gotten the BCG vaccination years ago like me. Gives you immunity to almost everything, not just TB. Don't believe me, just google it.

Well, at least here in Texas Gov Abbott wants to open things up as soon as possible. Go for it, Greg. I need to get me a damn haircut!Great report, and agree we need to get back to work ASAP, or the crisis will be far worse then the flu. Mexico and other countries may never recover.

Slick Willie
04-12-20, 05:29
Nuevo Leon could be next:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/sonora-prepares-to-enforce-stay-at-home-rule/

Zygomatic
04-12-20, 13:55
Good to see you too Slick Willie, Drama Free, Bbond and the gang.

I saw this fresh VICE report with Edward Snowden.

https://youtu.be/k5OAjnveyJo (about 30 minutes long).

So it talks about how the USA may follow in the same footsteps as other countries like South Korea where the USA will start doing mass surveillance on its residents by means of your smart phone. So it may be time to start thinking about shutting off your smart phone when you leave your house.

Bbond
04-12-20, 16:33
Can Americans still go to Nuevo Laredo to buy medicine and cross the bridge right back to the USA? I know it's not even possible to travel in car from San Antonio to Laredo right now unless it's for essential purposes.Still no issues crossing into Mexico, myself and others have made the crossing several times. My job requires me to travel all over southern Texas, I have had no issues, or even been questioned, as to where I am going or why.

Bbond
04-12-20, 16:41
So far, this year, there have been 85 deaths in Nuevo Laredo due to Tuberculosis. Same period last yead saw 57 dead. Yet no outcries, no shutting things down, no sanitizing anything. Let 20 people come down with the new virus and everyone goes beserk, I don't know the death toll from it, but it is nowhere near the 85 that tuberculosis has killed.

DramaFree11
04-12-20, 20:56
So far, this year, there have been 85 deaths in Nuevo Laredo due to Tuberculosis. Same period last yead saw 57 dead. Yet no outcries, no shutting things down, no sanitizing anything. Let 20 people come down with the new virus and everyone goes beserk, I don't know the death toll from it, but it is nowhere near the 85 that tuberculosis has killed.Well said, it is time open the economy before things get way worse. We can continue the social distancing, and start with some going back to work. The longer the shut down continues, the worse it will get. We are lucky we are in the south, our economies will rebound quickly. California, Mexico and other parts of the word the flu / shutdown will be devastating. It may take years to recover, many more will die from the financial crisis then from the flu.

Bbond
04-13-20, 17:48
So far, this year, there have been 85 deaths in Nuevo Laredo due to Tuberculosis. Same period last yead saw 57 dead. Yet no outcries, no shutting things down, no sanitizing anything. Let 20 people come down with the new virus and everyone goes beserk, I don't know the death toll from it, but it is nowhere near the 85 that tuberculosis has killed.The score today. COVID 2. Tuberculosis. 85.

DramaFree11
04-15-20, 00:31
The score today. COVID 2. Tuberculosis. 85.Can you give me an update on the border? Thank you.

Zygomatic
04-15-20, 02:53
All this talk about companies requiring employees to take covid tests before they can go back to work makes me wonder if border patrol will be doing something similar in order to open up the border to tourism again. Just a thought that has been on my mind for a while now. It's good to hear that as of now, they are not asking questions.

Bbond
04-15-20, 17:48
Can you give me an update on the border? Thank you.No changes lately, so far all closing rumors were all just rumors.

BodyAnybody
04-15-20, 18:02
Well said, it is time open the economy before things get way worse. We can continue the social distancing, and start with some going back to work. The longer the shut down continues, the worse it will get. We are lucky we are in the south, our economies will rebound quickly. California, Mexico and other parts of the word the flu / shutdown will be devastating. It may take years to recover, many more will die from the financial crisis then from the flu.The people I see screaming for long term shut down tend to fall into a few categories. Aging pensioners who don't work, and are terrified of their vulnerability to the virus, unemployed young people who would be at home playing video games anyway, and people who had shitty jobs and will likely make more from the very generous unemployment package in the stimulus bill then they did washing dishes at applebees.

LuvMexicanas
04-15-20, 21:23
No changes lately, so far all closing rumors were all just rumors.It might sound stupid but something I've thought about is hobbying in every border town from Tijuana to Matamoros. I've covered everything from Tijuana to Nogales so far. I'd like to eventually make my way through Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Reynosa and Matamoros. Are those towns worth the time? I'm not a finicky monger who has to have nice hotels, fancy restaurants and chicas only 8 or higher.

Bbond
04-16-20, 00:25
For the guys that stay downtown. Hotel Fiesta, corner of Pino Suarez and Ocampo, is open. Only one person per room, no exceptions, no kids, video cameras enforced. I have heard, not confirmed, the Meson del Rey will allow 2 people in a room. The Motamoros Hotel, I don't know yet.

DramaFree11
04-16-20, 21:55
For the guys that stay downtown. Hotel Fiesta, corner of Pino Suarez and Ocampo, is open. Only one person per room, no exceptions, no kids, video cameras enforced. I have heard, not confirmed, the Meson del Rey will allow 2 people in a room. The Motamoros Hotel, I don't know yet.Thank you, this totally sucks. I have a bunch or girls that want to meet either in Laredo or MTY, just too much be. S. At the moment.

Aceite
04-17-20, 02:41
Thank you, this totally sucks. I have a bunch or girls that want to meet either in Laredo or MTY, just too much be. S. At the moment.Try the airbnb. It might be a few dollars more but it's well worth getting a full house. 2 or 3 rooms a living room kitchen cpl bathrooms. For only slightly more than a single room and bathroom hotel. With no prying eyes. Have a separate room for each chica and invite them all over.

Zygomatic
04-17-20, 02:43
Thank you, this totally sucks. I have a bunch or girls that want to meet either in Laredo or MTY, just too much be. S. At the moment.Drama free,

I didn't know you had girls in Laredo. Like you, I have some in Mty but presidente lopes obrador just announced today that mty would continue the current orders until June 1st. I am looking forward to saving my hard earned dollars until then.

DramaFree11
04-18-20, 00:45
Drama free,

I didn't know you had girls in Laredo. Like you, I have some in Mty but presidente lopes obrador just announced today that mty would continue the current orders until June 1st. I am looking forward to saving my hard earned dollars until then.Nice to see that you are back. I have some girls from MTY that will meet me in Laredo. Since I live in Austin now, so exactly in the middle.

I am also looking at using Airbnb, but probably not in Laredo, little to dangerous for my liking. I will use in MTY, thinking about driving in next week.

Zygomatic
04-18-20, 06:36
Nice to see that you are back. I have some girls from MTY that will meet me in Laredo. Since I live in Austin now, so exactly in the middle.

I am also looking at using Airbnb, but probably not in Laredo, little to dangerous for my liking. I will use in MTY, thinking about driving in next week.Thanks. I chatted with a few of my girlfriends in mty and they are fed up with the current situation. I admire your bravery to drive down to Monterrey next week and I would be looking forward to hearing about it but above all I hope you put your own safety above all.

During the past 12 months I have splurged in Monterrey spending many thousands of my hard earned dollars. Moving forward, I will be allot more conciencious and take things a bit slower while not only enjoying the destination but the journey as well.

I learned from past experiences just how important it is to get phone numbers of girls you really like as one day they may disappear just to be cherashable memories. I have a couple of girls who I have sent money to because they really need it right now. I should have gotten a couple of more numbers when I had the chance and sometimes the girls make you wait but then it can become to late as unforeseen events like this pandemic happen.

DramaFree11
04-19-20, 01:33
Thanks. I chatted with a few of my girlfriends in mty and they are fed up with the current situation. I admire your bravery to drive down to Monterrey next week and I would be looking forward to hearing about it but above all I hope you put your own safety above all.

During the past 12 months I have splurged in Monterrey spending many thousands of my hard earned dollars. Moving forward, I will be allot more conciencious and take things a bit slower while not only enjoying the destination but the journey as well.

I learned from past experiences just how important it is to get phone numbers of girls you really like as one day they may disappear just to be cherashable memories. I have a couple of girls who I have sent money to because they really need it right now. I should have gotten a couple of more numbers when I had the chance and sometimes the girls make you wait but then it can become to late as unforeseen events like this pandemic happen.Thanks, I will leave early in the morning. Time to start living life again, been on lock down to long.

Zygomatic
04-19-20, 15:46
Thanks, I will leave early in the morning. Time to start living life again, been on lock down to long.Well, first of all, I'm glad you moved to Austin. I love driving up to Austin as it's only about an hour away from San Antonio.

I keep hearing about how Mexico is only allowing essential travel between municipalities but from what I hear, it's not all municipalities in Mexico. But if I am not mistaken, I heard that Monterrey also requires people traveling across municipalities to do so for essential purposes only and if not they are requiring a letter from a doctor that states you are medically clear to travel without risk of spreading the coronavirus. So I am very curious about all that and how your trip would unravel. Do you know if your hotel is open to non essential customers?

DramaFree11
04-19-20, 18:09
Well, first of all, I'm glad you moved to Austin. I love driving up to Austin as it's only about an hour away from San Antonio.

I keep hearing about how Mexico is only allowing essential travel between municipalities but from what I hear, it's not all municipalities in Mexico. But if I am not mistaken, I heard that Monterrey also requires people traveling across municipalities to do so for essential purposes only and if not they are requiring a letter from a doctor that states you are medically clear to travel without risk of spreading the coronavirus. So I am very curious about all that and how your trip would unravel. Do you know if your hotel is open to non essential customers?Correct, I will use Airbnb. The other part is Top Secret, I do not want jinx it.

Yes, Austin is better. I was spending a lot of time in SA before the Virus.

Aceite
04-20-20, 00:19
Nice to see that you are back. I have some girls from MTY that will meet me in Laredo. Since I live in Austin now, so exactly in the middle.

I am also looking at using Airbnb, but probably not in Laredo, little to dangerous for my liking. I will use in MTY, thinking about driving in next week.There a few shady one in not so good areas. But there a few good ones in fairly decent neighborhoods. I mostly use the houses near the Walmart. 2 blocks walk. And there an oxxo 1 block away. In a nice neighborhood middle class per mexico. Locals are friendly there and there not much happens that I've seen. I stayed weeks at a time. I had no problem walking around at night alone and with children. I would highly recommend those houses. And anyone you bring over will love them. 3 bedrooms off street parking one even has a garage. I think it runs me about 60 a day. A bit cheaper by the week.

If they willing to meet you in Laredo it save you the hassle of MTY.

Bbond
04-20-20, 01:48
From US Embassy website.

On April 3, Mexican Tourism and Health officials instructed hotels to cancel new and existing reservations and close for non-essential business.

All accommodation services, including hotels, hostels, online platforms, and travel agencies will cease receiving reservations and will reschedule all existing reservations.

Guests that require accommodation due to essential business activities are permitted to stay in hotels with a maximum occupancy of 15 percent.

Non-resident foreign citizens currently in hotel accommodation must begin the process of returning home immediately.

DramaFree11
04-20-20, 16:25
From US Embassy website.

On April 3, Mexican Tourism and Health officials instructed hotels to cancel new and existing reservations and close for non-essential business.

All accommodation services, including hotels, hostels, online platforms, and travel agencies will cease receiving reservations and will reschedule all existing reservations.

Guests that require accommodation due to essential business activities are permitted to stay in hotels with a maximum occupancy of 15 percent.

Non-resident foreign citizens currently in hotel accommodation must begin the process of returning home immediately.Thank you for all the information. I crossed the border yesterday at 6 pm, no issues, where a mask and very easy. My girl got the hotel, easier then last week.

As far as Airbnb, I probably would not use it Laredo, because of safety reasons, will use in MTY next week or until they open back the hotels.

Zygomatic
04-21-20, 02:50
If things go well in Mexico, it will open for business may 30th. But my confidence that the US state department will open the border may 30th is low. Hopefully Greg Abbot can open up the border again shortly after Mexico reopens. But I guess I should expect that not to happen. One way I plan to find out is by asking the Mexican bus companies because that is how allot of Mexicans living in the United States travel back and forth.

DramaFree11
04-21-20, 03:47
Thank you for all the information. I crossed the border yesterday at 6 pm, no issues, where a mask and very easy. My girl got the hotel, easier then last week.

As far as Airbnb, I probably would not use it Laredo, because of safety reasons, will use in MTY next week or until they open back the hotels.Crossed the border back to the states this evening. No line, but they were strict. They went through my stuff. They also made me wear my mask. Also now is not the time to snuggle any thing across the border.

Every girl I am speaking to in Mexico is losing there job. This is bad, they will never survive 6 more weeks of quarantine.

Slick Willie
04-21-20, 16:20
Crossed the border back to the states this evening. No line, but they were strict. They went through my stuff. They also made me wear my mask. Also now is not the time to snuggle any thing across the border.

Every girl I am speaking to in Mexico is losing there job. This is bad, they will never survive 6 more weeks of quarantine.Thanks for the info DramaFree11. I am going down to NL this weekend, but my favorite hotel, the City Express, is closed as are a few others, and I need to find another one. What hotel did you stay at? No problem if you don't want to divulge this information.

Agree that Mexico is in dire straits and may never recover. It's not only the Coronavirus, but also the price of oil, which their currency is based on. Yesterday spot crude traded below zero, and at the moment the June contract is at $14.46.

Zygomatic
04-22-20, 01:07
Thanks for the info DramaFree11. I am going down to NL this weekend, but my favorite hotel, the City Express, is closed as are a few others, and I need to find another one. What hotel did you stay at? No problem if you don't want to divulge this information.

Agree that Mexico is in dire straits and may never recover. It's not only the Coronavirus, but also the price of oil, which their currency is based on. Yesterday spot crude traded below zero, and at the moment the June contract is at $14.46.Information on the coronavirus in Mexico is not easy to find like the data for the USA. Sometimes I hear that Mexico does not have a serious problem like the USA does. Other times I hear that the situation in Mexico is allot worse than people thought. It appears to me like it's getting worse in Mexico instead of getting better like here in the USA. The problem may get to seriously bad to a point that traveling or vacationing in Monterrey may become too dangerous, I don't know.

DramaFree11
04-22-20, 02:43
Thanks for the info DramaFree11. I am going down to NL this weekend, but my favorite hotel, the City Express, is closed as are a few others, and I need to find another one. What hotel did you stay at? No problem if you don't want to divulge this information.

Agree that Mexico is in dire straits and may never recover. It's not only the Coronavirus, but also the price of oil, which their currency is based on. Yesterday spot crude traded below zero, and at the moment the June contract is at $14.46.Sorry, I need to clarify. My girl had a letter from her Company, that we were there on official business. Everything is closed, but the pharmacy and Oxxo. I am not sure you can get a hotel without a official document. I do not want to give bad information.

Oil, no tourist, no work, vary, very bad combination. I am talking with 5-10 girls from SA most have lost there job.

Now is not the time to smuggle anything going or leaving Mexico, there are Border Agents everywhere.

Zygomatic
04-22-20, 15:30
Sorry, I need to clarify. My girl had a letter from her Company, that we were there on official business. Everything is closed, but the pharmacy and Oxxo. I am not sure you can get a hotel without a official document. I do not want to give bad information.

Oil, no tourist, no work, vary, very bad combination. I am talking with 5-10 girls from SA most have lost there job.

Now is not the time to smuggle anything going or leaving Mexico, there are Border Agents everywhere.Thanks for the information Dramafree. The 5 to 10 girls from SA that say they have lost their jobs, where are you finding them? Tinder, plenty of fish? Are they continuing to isolate themselves?

Zygomatic
04-22-20, 22:48
Sorry, I need to clarify. My girl had a letter from her Company, that we were there on official business. Everything is closed, but the pharmacy and Oxxo. I am not sure you can get a hotel without a official document. I do not want to give bad information.

Now is not the time to smuggle anything going or leaving Mexico, there are Border Agents everywhere.Drama free,

I always take a supply of my preferred brand of condoms to Mexico because I buy them in bulk through ebay and I cannot find them in Mexico and If I could they would be extremely expensive. Do you by any chance do the same? The reason I ask is because I wonder if I could get in trouble if Mexican borer patrol finds the condoms in my luggage because they could think that I will be getting close to someone else while down there and potentially getting the virus.

Zygomatic
04-23-20, 00:45
The bridge is reopening may 19th, here is the proof link.

https://youtu.be/jTrSBY2KZrE

DramaFree11
04-23-20, 01:03
Thanks for the information Dramafree. The 5 to 10 girls from SA that say they have lost their jobs, where are you finding them? Tinder, plenty of fish? Are they continuing to isolate themselves?Sorry the other SA, seeking arrangements, not San Antonio. Sorry about the confusion. I am done with the self isolation, living my life now. I wear and mask, practice social distancing. If girl wants to meet, I am down. Probably 50-60% want to meet, I will quest that will increase as the money dries up and trust me it is drying up quickly.

Zygomatic
04-23-20, 14:37
Sorry the other SA, seeking arrangements, not San Antonio. Sorry about the confusion. I am done with the self isolation, living my life now. I wear and mask, practice social distancing. If girl wants to meet, I am down. Probably 50-60% want to meet, I will quest that will increase as the money dries up and trust me it is drying up quickly.Drama free, when you crossed the border back into the USA from Mexico, did the border patrol agent ask you what was the purpose of your trip? Did you have any condoms in your luggage? Did he / she ask you if your trip was for essential purposes?

Bbond
04-23-20, 23:15
Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. -Como medida para evitar la propagacióand de contagios del Covid-19 se aplicará el programa "Doble no circula" en Reynosa, Matamoros, Tampico, Altamira, Ciudad Madero, El Mante, San Fernando, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Victoria, why areío Bravo, de acuerdo con un decreto que firmará este viernes el Gobierno de Tamaulipas.

El lunes no circularáand LOS vehículos con placas terminadas en 0 why 1; el martes las terminadas en 2 why 3; el miércoles las terminadas en 4 why 5; el jueves las terminadas en 6 why 7; el viernes las terminadas en 8 why 9. Esta medida aplicará para LOS vehículos nacionales why extranjeros why define las excepciones para vehículos en situaciones de urgencia, LOS oficiales de trabajo de gobiernos why empresas.

El decreto establecerá cierre de todos LOS centros comerciales del estado que no sean de venta de alimentos, why la colocacióand de filtros para reducir la movilidad entre municipios, con presencia de autoridades de seguridad pública why salud, en LOS accesos a las ciudades principalmente con mayor andúmero de casos positivos de COVID-19.

Tambiéand se reforzaráand LOS filtros en LOS accesos carreteros que comunican a Tamaulipas con Nuevo LEóand, San Luis Potosí why Veracruz, además de LOS cruces internacionales.

Tambiéand se exhortará a las tiendas de autoservicio intensificar las medidas preventivas como el uso de cubrebocas, gel antibacterial, permitir la entra a la tienda a una sola persona por familia, desinfeccióand de carritos, uso de guantes.

Using google translate due to length.

Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. -As a measure to prevent the spread of Covid-19 infections, the "Double do not circulate" program will be applied in Reynosa, Matamoros, Tampico, Altamira, Ciudad Madero, El Mante, San Fernando, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Victoria, and areío Bravo, in accordance with a decree to be signed this Friday by the Tamaulipas Government.

Vehicles with plates ending in 0 and 1 will not circulate on Monday; on Tuesday those ended at 2 and 3; on Wednesday those ended at 4 and 5; on Thursday those ended at 6 and 7; on Friday those ended at 8 and 9. This measure will apply to national and foreign vehicles and defines the exceptions for vehicles in emergency situations, government and business work officials. The decree will establish the closure of all state shopping centers that they are not selling food, and the placement of filters to reduce mobility between municipalities, with the presence of public security and health authorities, in the accesses to the cities, mainly with the greatest number of positive cases of COVID-19.

Filters will also be reinforced at the highway accesses that connect Tamaulipas with Nuevo LEóand, San Luis Potosí and Veracruz, in addition to international crossings.

The decree will establish the closure of all the state's commercial centers that do not sell food, and the placement of filters to reduce mobility between municipalities, with the presence of public security and health authorities, in the accesses to the cities with the highest number of positive cases of COVID-19.

Filters will also be reinforced at the highway accesses that connect Tamaulipas with Nuevo LEóand, San Luis Potosí and Veracruz, in addition to international crossings.

Self-service stores will also be encouraged to intensify preventive measures such as the use of face masks, antibacterial gel, allowing one person per family to enter the store, disinfecting carts, and using gloves.

Source: http://nuevolaredo.tv/habra-doble-no-circula-en-nuevo-laredo-y-algunas-ciudades-de-tamaulipas/.

Bbond
04-23-20, 23:39
The bridge is reopening may 19th, here is the proof link.
https://youtu.be/jTrSBY2KZrEThis is the plan, subject to extension, see my latest post.

Bbond
04-24-20, 00:24
Drama free, when you crossed the border back into the USA from Mexico, did the border patrol agent ask you what was the purpose of your trip? Did you have any condoms in your luggage? Did he / she ask you if your trip was for essential purposes?There are no restrictions for Americans entering the USA. Condoms? Perfectly legal.

DramaFree11
04-24-20, 02:45
Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. -Como medida para evitar la propagaciand de contagios del Covid-19 se aplicar el programa "Doble no circula" en Reynosa, Matamoros, Tampico, Altamira, Ciudad Madero, El Mante, San Fernando, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Victoria, why areo Bravo, de acuerdo con un decreto que firmar este viernes el Gobierno de Tamaulipas.

El lunes no circularand LOS vehculos con placas terminadas en 0 why 1; el martes las terminadas en 2 why 3; el mircoles las terminadas en 4 why 5; el jueves las terminadas en 6 why 7; el viernes las terminadas en 8 why 9. Esta medida aplicar para LOS vehculos nacionales why extranjeros why define las excepciones para vehculos en situaciones de urgencia, LOS oficiales de trabajo de gobiernos why empresas..This total sucks, I guess I might have to start dating America chicks for awhile. Little confusing, but no way to drive to MTY now?

Zygomatic
04-24-20, 03:18
Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas. -Como medida para evitar la propagaciand de contagios del Covid-19 se aplicar el programa "Doble no circula" en Reynosa, Matamoros, Tampico, Altamira, Ciudad Madero, El Mante, San Fernando, Nuevo Laredo, Ciudad Victoria, why areo Bravo, de acuerdo con un decreto que firmar este viernes el Gobierno de Tamaulipas.

El lunes no circularand LOS vehculos con placas terminadas en 0 why 1; el martes las terminadas en 2 why 3; el mircoles las terminadas en 4 why 5; el jueves las terminadas en 6 why 7; el viernes las terminadas en 8 why 9. Esta medida aplicar para LOS vehculos nacionales why extranjeros why define las excepciones para vehculos en situaciones de urgencia, LOS oficiales de trabajo de gobiernos why empresas.

El decreto establecer cierre de todos LOS centros comerciales del estado que no sean de venta de alimentos, why la colocaciand de filtros para reducir la movilidad entre municipios, con presencia de autoridades de seguridad pblica why salud, en LOS accesos a las ciudades principalmente con mayor andmero de casos positivos de COVID-19..I like how they don't say for approximate how long this new policy would be enforced for.

DramaFree11
04-24-20, 03:30
Drama free, when you crossed the border back into the USA from Mexico, did the border patrol agent ask you what was the purpose of your trip? Did you have any condoms in your luggage? Did he / she ask you if your trip was for essential purposes?There were no issues, but make sure you declare any purchases and now is not the time to be lying or smuggling. They have all the time in the world. Also, now is not time to be screwing around in Laredo.

Going across to buy medicine, is OK, just declare it.

Zygomatic
04-24-20, 04:54
There are no restrictions for Americans entering the USA. Condoms? Perfectly legal.It's good to be an American where at least I know I'm free.

Bbond
04-24-20, 19:11
Little confusing, but no way to drive to MTY now?Not real sure, I read conflicting reports. They said they are applying filters to all entrances and exits, but that was a little while back. Now they say they are tightening those said filters. But today is the first day this is applicable, so we'll need a couple days to see actually what is going to happen. I have heard that they are now very strict on letting Americans in. They want a valid reason for the travel, and that visiting, or shopping or even seeing a dentist or doctor, were not valid. Supposedly that was in effect since Apr 22, but now, beginning today, enforced more strictly. We'll just have to wait and see.

I may cross today, with a friend in a POV, but we both know several Mexican customs agents, they know we live here and generally don't bother us at all. We crossed Wednesday and were pushed right through, they didn't even check our body temps.

Zygomatic
04-25-20, 00:22
Not real sure, I read conflicting reports. They said they are applying filters to all entrances and exits, but that was a little while back. Now they say they are tightening those said filters. But today is the first day this is applicable, so we'll need a couple days to see actually what is going to happen. I have heard that they are now very strict on letting Americans in. They want a valid reason for the travel, and that visiting, or shopping or even seeing a dentist or doctor, were not valid. Supposedly that was in effect since Apr 22, but now, beginning today, enforced more strictly. We'll just have to wait and see.

I may cross today, with a friend in a POV, but we both know several Mexican customs agents, they know we live here and generally don't bother us at all. We crossed Wednesday and were pushed right through, they didn't even check our body temps.Bbond, do you know if they are only strict with American citizens or are they also strict with Mexican citizens?

Bbond
04-25-20, 16:14
Bbond, do you know if they are only strict with American citizens or are they also strict with Mexican citizens?Over 2000 people a day still cross the bridge. I have not crossed walking with the new stricter enforcement in effect. But I can tell you that all I did, when the restrictions were first put into place, is to say I live in Nuevo Laredo, and was allowed to pass. I know a dozen or so Americans that have retired here and none of them have had any issue entering. I do carry some proof, I have my rent receipts, I know my address, I have a Telcel phone number. But never was asked to provide any of that. Plus I have crossed so many times I am familiar with many of the people that man the bridges. Before the recent change, change which I doubt really makes any difference, I doubt anyone was denied entry. Personally, I feel with the current situation being as it is, unless you live here, there is not much sense in coming here. Nothing to do, no where to go, no where to eat other than carry out or street vendors.

Bbond
04-25-20, 21:15
Crossed back and forth into Laredo today, bridge 2, in POV. Crossing into Texas, there were agents and dogs everywhere, which is not unusual, they often do that. The last time we crossed there were not nearly as many. Several cars sent to secondary, we were interrogated a bit more than usual, but not severely, nothing uncomfortable, some questions were asked repeatedly in different manners, I suppose to try and confuse to get a different answer, but the truth is always the truth no matter how they ask.

Crossing back into NL, was nothing really out of the ordinary, as of late, just asked where we were coming from (always say Laredo) and did the temperature scan. Was quicker and easier than entering the USA. We did not know nor were familiar with the Mexican agent, no problems.

Zygomatic
04-26-20, 00:25
Crossed back and forth into Laredo today, bridge 2, in POV. Crossing into Texas, there were agents and dogs everywhere, which is not unusual, they often do that. The last time we crossed there were not nearly as many. Several cars sent to secondary, we were interrogated a bit more than usual, but not severely, nothing uncomfortable, some questions were asked repeatedly in different manners, I suppose to try and confuse to get a different answer, but the truth is always the truth no matter how they ask.

Crossing back into NL, was nothing really out of the ordinary, as of late, just asked where we were coming from (always say Laredo) and did the temperature scan. Was quicker and easier than entering the USA. We did not know nor were familiar with the Mexican agent, no problems.In my case, I will not be going to Mexico until the border reopens again (May 20th unless that gets extended). But Mexico is not scheduled to re-open until May 30th. Things are starting to open up here in San Antonio and across the USA so it will be interesting to see how that affects the nature of the coronavirus curve. Common sense would say that it's going to affect it in a negative way. God bless everyone.

DramaFree11
04-27-20, 02:14
In my case, I will not be going to Mexico until the border reopens again (May 20th unless that gets extended). But Mexico is not scheduled to re-open until May 30th. Things are starting to open up here in San Antonio and across the USA so it will be interesting to see how that affects the nature of the coronavirus curve. Common sense would say that it's going to affect it in a negative way. God bless everyone.If things keep going well in Texas we should be about at 70-80%, in next couple of weeks, but many jobs are not coming back. Mexico will not survive another month of being shutdown, so we will see what happens. I never thought they would take the quarantine to this level and actually enforce it, I do give them credit for that. I think probably in 7-10 days, they will begin to loosen the restrictions.

Zygomatic
04-27-20, 20:25
If things keep going well in Texas we should be about at 70-80%, in next couple of weeks, but many jobs are not coming back. Mexico will not survive another month of being shutdown, so we will see what happens. I never thought they would take the quarantine to this level and actually enforce it, I do give them credit for that. I think probably in 7-10 days, they will begin to loosen the restrictions.There is allot of talk in Monterrey news about the limited hours of operation of public transportation. Here is the situation as of today. https://youtu.be/QyxZV5nd37o.

Bbond
04-29-20, 21:28
There is allot of talk in Monterrey news about the limited hours of operation of public transportation. Here is the situation as of today. https://youtu.be/QyxZV5nd37o.Nuevo Laredo has stopped all public transportation on Sundays for the month of May. And they are limiting automobile traffic to 6 days per week, based on last number of license plate. Can't drive, 0-1 Monday, 2-3 Tuesday, 4-5 Wednesday, 6-7 Thursday, and 8-9 Fridays. Unplated or illegal plated, prohibited.

DramaFree11
04-30-20, 03:01
Nuevo Laredo has stopped all public transportation on Sundays for the month of May. And they are limiting automobile traffic to 6 days per week, based on last number of license plate. Can't drive, 0-1 Monday, 2-3 Tuesday, 4-5 Wednesday, 6-7 Thursday, and 8-9 Fridays. Update or illegal plated, prohibited.Thank you for the update. This is terrible, I never thought Mexico would take it to this level. Too bad they do not put this effort into curving the violence and cartels.

Bbond
04-30-20, 22:05
Too bad they do not put this effort into curving the violence and cartels.Shooting Wednesday, killed 7.

Zygomatic
05-01-20, 00:09
Thank you for the update. This is terrible, I never thought Mexico would take it to this level. Too bad they do not put this effort into curving the violence and cartels.I finally found a website that charts the coronavirus curve in Mexico and this does not look good. https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2020/04/29/graficas-del-avance-del-coronavirus-en-mexico-sube-la-curva-por-135-muertos-en-24-horas/?outputType=amp-type.

Bbond
05-01-20, 08:19
I finally found a website that charts the coronavirus curve in Mexico and this does not look good. https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2020/04/29/graficas-del-avance-del-coronavirus-en-mexico-sube-la-curva-por-135-muertos-en-24-horas/?outputType=amp-type.We all have witnessed the sanitation situation in many places in Mexico. Generally speaking, especially border areas, the sanitation is quite substandard compared with that of the USA. Many restrooms lack even basic sanitation, some even with no means of even washing your hands, if water is available, often no soap is. Many people at at the food stands found on the streets, surely you have seen that sanitation situation. So, nothing is surprises me when something, like what is happening now, runs wild. Imagine being sick, in Mexico, with anything similar to what we are seeing now. Now imagine the same situation in the USA. Where would you rather be? It's a quite sad situation at the present, with no immediate relief in sight.

Slick Willie
05-02-20, 01:44
We all have witnessed the sanitation situation in many places in Mexico. Generally speaking, especially border areas, the sanitation is quite substandard compared with that of the USA. Many restrooms lack even basic sanitation, some even with no means of even washing your hands, if water is available, often no soap is. Many people at at the food stands found on the streets, surely you have seen that sanitation situation. So, nothing is surprises me when something, like what is happening now, runs wild. Imagine being sick, in Mexico, with anything similar to what we are seeing now. Now imagine the same situation in the USA. Where would you rather be? It's a quite sad situation at the present, with no immediate relief in sight.Agree that the infrastructure in Mexico is not best, as is the case in most third world countries, but I think that the bad water, bad food, lack of sanitation, no heat or hot water in winter, no air conditioning in summer, all of this makes the average Mexican immune to just about everything including Covid-19. The numbers you are seeing may not be accurate. Here is a piece George Carlin did on this a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLLZ_D1Lqw&feature=youtu.be

Zygomatic
05-03-20, 05:44
Agree that the infrastructure in Mexico is not best, as is the case in most third world countries, but I think that the bad water, bad food, lack of sanitation, no heat or hot water in winter, no air conditioning in summer, all of this makes the average Mexican immune to just about everything including Covid-19. The numbers you are seeing may not be accurate. Here is a piece George Carlin did on this a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gLLZ_D1Lqw&feature=youtu.beThe coronavirus curve in San Antonio has started to get worse than ever since a couple of days ago which correlates to the gradual reopening of businesses here. All the predictions which send a message of hope at the highest levels appear to be a huge letdown waiting to happen as of now.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/05e43c8748c44d418ce6c028b8681e55

Bbond
05-03-20, 05:49
I think that the bad water, bad food, lack of sanitation, no heat or hot water in winter, no air conditioning in summer, all of this makes the average Mexican immune to just about everything including Covid-19. The numbers you are seeing may not be accurate.I tend to agree with both statements, yes they seem to be immune to a lot that we are not. And yes, I believe the numbers are not accurate. That said, the only bad infection I have fought in Mexico is that of the digestive tract. The doctor told me that was a very common thing, especially when the climate is hot. And sometimes hospitals are overwhelmed with people seeking relief. Fortunately I can afford private doctors, and, by Mexico standards, expensive hospitals. Most people here cannot. It is a sad situation for them.

Zygomatic
05-04-20, 03:00
I tend to agree with both statements, yes they seem to be immune to a lot that we are not. And yes, I believe the numbers are not accurate. That said, the only bad infection I have fought in Mexico is that of the digestive tract. The doctor told me that was a very common thing, especially when the climate is hot. And sometimes hospitals are overwhelmed with people seeking relief. Fortunately I can afford private doctors, and, by Mexico standards, expensive hospitals. Most people here cannot. It is a sad situation for them.I think the priority to open up business is a higher priority than protecting ourselves from the corona virus. It may lead to the end of our world as we know it or things may get better but it's too early to tell. There should be a law that requires people to be tested before they can board a plane or bus. Most if not all business owners appear to agree with that. The businesses who can achieve that will do well and I hope at least greyhound buses do that so I can entertain the idea of traveling to Mexico again.

Bbond
05-04-20, 03:13
The coronavirus curve in San Antonio has started to get worse than ever since a couple of days ago which correlates to the gradual reopening of businesses here.I don't know about that. Businesses barely begin to reopen and things worsen, it is not possible it happens that fast. I mean come on, a few businesses reopen, boom more cases over night. Investigation needs done to see when the new cases became infected. Were they part of the people that went out? Did they already have the infection and it just worsened? People have been shopping grocery stores and other stores, and a few others reopen and boom more cases? Sum ting wrong here.

DramaFree11
05-04-20, 05:32
The coronavirus curve in San Antonio has started to get worse than ever since a couple of days ago which correlates to the gradual reopening of businesses here. All the predictions which send a message of hope at the highest levels appear to be a huge letdown waiting to happen as of now.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/05e43c8748c44d418ce6c028b8681e55This is terrible, to shut down Texas Economy over less then 800 deaths in a 2 month period. This is probably an average week normally. The jobs that are going to be lost will be way worse then the Virus, not even close. We should have been open for work 2-3 weeks ago. Social distancing is working, but not working is real bad. Schools should be closed and the vulnerable needs to stay in quarantine.

What Mexico is doing is even worse, I just can not believe it. They do not realize that Americans / Eiros will not have extra money to travel or to start new businesses. The Government will continue to give company's incentive to return to the states. It will be devastating for Mexico.

As far as the statistics, they are flat out wrong. There is no way of actually knowing how many people have actually had the virus that recovered and were never tested. Death rates are terrible, but they were calling almost all deaths at the beginning, related to the Virus.

The whole thing is a big mess. Everyone needs to get back to work ASAP, especially Mexico, before there economy collapses.

Travv
05-04-20, 18:30
Nobel Prize-winning scientist shares COVID-19 data showing strict lockdowns were an overreaction.

"Professor Michael Levitt, who teaches structural biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for "the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems. " And according to Levitt, coronavirus data show that sweeping lockdown measures were an overreaction that may actually backfire.

Levitt has been analyzing the COVID-19 outbreak from a statistical perspective since January and has been remarkably accurate in his predications. The data show that the outbreak never actually grew exponentially, suggesting harsh lockdown measures, which have drastically impacted the world economy, were probably unnecessary.

His observation is a simple one: that in outbreak after outbreak of this disease, a similar mathematical pattern is observable regardless of government interventions. After around a two week exponential growth of cases (and, subsequently, deaths) some kind of break kicks in, and growth starts slowing down. The curve quickly becomes "sub-exponential" . . .

"I think the policy of herd immunity is the right policy. I think Britain was on exactly the right track before they were fed wrong numbers. And they made a huge mistake. I see the standout winners as Germany and Sweden. They didn't practise too much lockdown and they got enough people sick to get some herd immunity," Levitt explained. . . ".

Zygomatic
05-05-20, 21:04
Nobel Prize-winning scientist shares COVID-19 data showing strict lockdowns were an overreaction.

"Professor Michael Levitt, who teaches structural biology at the Stanford School of Medicine, won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for "the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems. " And according to Levitt, coronavirus data show that sweeping lockdown measures were an overreaction that may actually backfire.

Levitt has been analyzing the COVID-19 outbreak from a statistical perspective since January and has been remarkably accurate in his predications. The data show that the outbreak never actually grew exponentially, suggesting harsh lockdown measures, which have drastically impacted the world economy, were probably unnecessary.

His observation is a simple one: that in outbreak after outbreak of this disease, a similar mathematical pattern is observable regardless of government interventions. After around a two week exponential growth of cases (and, subsequently, deaths) some kind of break kicks in, and growth starts slowing down. The curve quickly becomes "sub-exponential" . . .

"I think the policy of herd immunity is the right policy. I think Britain was on exactly the right track before they were fed wrong numbers. And they made a huge mistake. I see the standout winners as Germany and Sweden. They didn't practise too much lockdown and they got enough people sick to get some herd immunity," Levitt explained. . . ".I put allot of value in data that Greg Abbott (Texas Governor) tweets and presents in his conference updates. The sad thing is that it appears that opening the borders is not at the top of his priority given that haven't heard anything about that. Supposedly the borders are scheduled to reopen may 20th but Mexico is not appearing to have made much progress in stabilizing the spread of the virus. Maybe I am just misinformed.

Zygomatic
05-07-20, 03:37
From what I can tell the curve in Mexico is not yet showing evidence of flattening.

https://infogram.com/curva-de-casos-de-coronavirus-en-mexico-1h8j4x5yqrw82mv

The Mexican gov. Has reported that the curve is expected to start flattening within the next few days so time will tell.

Bbond
05-07-20, 13:39
I put allot of value in data that Greg Abbott (Texas Governor) tweets and presents in his conference updates. The sad thing is that it appears that opening the borders is not at the top of his priority given that haven't heard anything about that. Supposedly the borders are scheduled to reopen may 20th but Mexico is not appearing to have made much progress in stabilizing the spread of the virus. Maybe I am just misinformed.Abbott did not close the borders, Trump did. Total deaths attributed to COVID in NL is 4, all had underlying health conditions. Total number of people screened entering the country with the infra-red temperature devices, that had high body temperature, 2, both now cleared. Mexico, out of a population of about 126.2 million people, 2704 deaths attributed to COVID. Calculates to 0.00215%. It is no where near as bad as they say it is. Normal flu season is all it amounts to.

Zygomatic
05-07-20, 23:55
Abbott did not close the borders, Trump did. Total deaths attributed to COVID in NL is 4, all had underlying health conditions. Total number of people screened entering the country with the infra-red temperature devices, that had high body temperature, 2, both now cleared. Mexico, out of a population of about 126.2 million people, 2704 deaths attributed to COVID. Calculates to 0.00215%. It is no where near as bad as they say it is. Normal flu season is all it amounts to.I miss my favorite girls but one in particular that I miss the most didn't get around to give me her number. I know which spa she works at but I don't even know if I will ever get to see her again.

Elvis 2008
05-08-20, 05:14
Abbott did not close the borders, Trump did. Total deaths attributed to COVID in NL is 4, all had underlying health conditions. Total number of people screened entering the country with the infra-red temperature devices, that had high body temperature, 2, both now cleared. Mexico, out of a population of about 126.2 million people, 2704 deaths attributed to COVID. Calculates to 0.00215%. It is no where near as bad as they say it is. Normal flu season is all it amounts to.Bbond, the borders are not closed. I have been to Mexico twice since the borders supposedly closed. The whole notion of essential travel is nonsense. When I went into Nuevo Progresso, no one asked anything. Of the two times, only once was my temperature taken. I was going to travel into Mexico and found that there are no hotels available, and flights to Mexico are very expensive for some screwed up reason. I think the buses are running from Reynosa and Laredo to Monterrey but I am not sure. I have seen that AirBnbs are available though.

I agree that Covid has been blown out of proportion. Last I checked there was 50 deaths in all the counties in New Mexico and Texas that touched Mexico. I ask people, do you know what 50 deaths by murder is in Juarez, Mexico? A light weekend!

I was in Guadalajara back in March when the world was going into lockdown. I was able to eat at restaurants, walk around, and called it the last sane place on earth right before everything shut down. I hated coming back. So bottom line is that you can go to Mexico, but I am just not sure that you will find much to do. That last day there were only like 2 of the 30 or so restaurants near our hotel that were open.

Bbond
05-08-20, 18:57
Bbond, the borders are not closed. I have been to Mexico twice since the borders supposedly closed. The whole notion of essential travel is nonsense.I live in Nuevo Laredo, and no the borders are not "closed" to Americans, Americans have total access. However, Mexicans with border crossing cards are not allowed into the USA. Travel across bridges is a mere fraction of what it normally is. So in that sense, yes, to some people the borders are closed.

Zygomatic
05-09-20, 01:55
I live in Nuevo Laredo, and no the borders are not "closed" to Americans, Americans have total access. However, Mexicans with border crossing cards are not allowed into the USA. Travel across bridges is a mere fraction of what it normally is. So in that sense, yes, to some people the borders are closed.Bbond, any word on when Nuevo Laredo plans to re-open some of it's businesses at small capacities and are there any hookers out at night? Thanks.

DramaFree11
05-09-20, 02:25
I live in Nuevo Laredo, and no the borders are not "closed" to Americans, Americans have total access. However, Mexicans with border crossing cards are not allowed into the USA. Travel across bridges is a mere fraction of what it normally is. So in that sense, yes, to some people the borders are closed.Do you think it is possible to drive to MTY now?

Bbond
05-09-20, 14:01
Bbond, any word on when Nuevo Laredo plans to re-open some of it's businesses at small capacities and are there any hookers out at night? Thanks.They are allowing some of the flea markets to reopen on a limited basis, but not much else. Yes, there are girls out, until just after the curfew starts at 10 pm. Sometimes there a a number of them hanging out by the old market.

Bbond
05-09-20, 14:03
Do you think it is possible to drive to MTY now?I don't know for certain, but I think you can, and some buses are running again.

DramaFree11
05-09-20, 22:23
I don't know for certain, but I think you can, and some buses are running again.Thank you, more bad news. Mexico has now shutdown Airbnb in MTY / Tijuana, probably all of Mexico, I did not check. Closed until the end of the month, ridiculous.

CenTexCrash
05-10-20, 06:34
Was itching for hobby in CDMX and looked into if it's doable by next weekend.

Here's what I found earlier this week, some which already may be outdated.

Still have ample flights Volaris, VAB running between MTY and MEX. That's about where the good news stops.

Hotel sites like Priceline, Hotwire, Booking etc not posting results for anywhere Mexico.

BusBud timetables found ZERO bus running Reynosa-Monterrey and very limited buses linking NLaredo ans Monterrey normally 18 a day each way currently 5 or 6 with some long gaps (if you miss 11 am you have to wait for next at 4 pm!

I'm ready for lockdown to end, not sure about anyone else.

Slick Willie
05-10-20, 07:19
Was itching for hobby in CDMX and looked into if it's doable by next weekend.

Here's what I found earlier this week, some which already may be outdated.

Still have ample flights Volaris, VAB running between MTY and MEX. That's about where the good news stops.

Hotel sites like Priceline, Hotwire, Booking etc not posting results for anywhere Mexico.

BusBud timetables found ZERO bus running Reynosa-Monterrey and very limited buses linking NLaredo ans Monterrey normally 18 a day each way currently 5 or 6 with some long gaps (if you miss 11 am you have to wait for next at 4 pm!

I'm ready for lockdown to end, not sure about anyone else.Greyhound has 7-8 buses a day each way from Nuevo Laredo to Monterrey, very cheap:

https://www.greyhound.com/

Most, if not all of Camino Real hotels in Mexico are open, you book on their website and pay in dollars. I was in NL this past Wed-Thurs, May 6-7, did not stay at the Real Inn, but went by on the city bus, and it looked like it was jam packed:

https://www.caminoreal.com/en/

Bbond
05-10-20, 17:42
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico's Interior Department urged towns and states to stop putting up roadblocks and curfews to stem the spread of the new coronavirus, as hundreds have done.

The department said in a statement that such measures violate constitutional rights like the right to free movement, and argued that local governments don't have the authority to enact them.

"The health emergency does not constitute a state of emergency or suspension of rights," the department wrote.

The department said in a report that almost 20% percent of Mexican municipal governments, about 340, have put up checkpoints or filters to limit people's movements. Most were concentrated along the country's coasts, where many beach towns have tried to exclude travelers who might spread the coronavirus.

Dozens of towns have enacted curfews and at least three of the country's 31 states have threatened to arrest people who don't obey social distancing measures.

The department said "the measures involving the use of force are not proportional, they encourage the abuse of authority, and they can have serious effects on supplies of food and medicine."

Zygomatic
05-11-20, 04:19
I'm ready for lockdown to end, not sure about anyone else.Any step in the right direction is encouraging. In a way, I think this lock down has allowed allot of people to reset their lives but that only works if we can start living our lives again. I don't know about Mexico, but in the USA, there are reports that people are using their last cash savings to pay rent and are buying groceries with credit cards. I have a friend who was able to skip just one car payment but is expected to pay the following month's car payment. Even though allot of the poorer people in the USA live paycheck to paycheck, they still live a life of luxury compared to people who are poor in Mexico. The Mexican president officially stated the other day that he expects poverty and crime to be on the rise so hopefully buses from NL to MTY can still operate safely.

DramaFree11
05-11-20, 20:55
Any step in the right direction is encouraging. In a way, I think this lock down has allowed allot of people to reset their lives but that only works if we can start living our lives again. I don't know about Mexico, but in the USA, there are reports that people are using their last cash savings to pay rent and are buying groceries with credit cards. I have a friend who was able to skip just one car payment but is expected to pay the following month's car payment. Even though allot of the poorer people in the USA live paycheck to paycheck, they still live a life of luxury compared to people who are poor in Mexico. The Mexican president officially stated the other day that he expects poverty and crime to be on the rise so hopefully buses from NL to MTY can still operate safely.It is going to real bad. As bad as it will be in the states, it will be 10 times worse in Mexico, maybe worse. They are not prepared, for the financial disaster. There will be opportunities, but I am sure crime rate will rise, so safety will be real important when traveling in Mexico.

HarleyEvo20
05-12-20, 04:53
Does anyone know if Laura who used to hang in Emillanos is still around? I haven't see her in a while. I imagine every one in Nuevo Laredo is hurting these days. Hopefully things will open up soon.

Zygomatic
05-12-20, 15:17
It is going to real bad. As bad as it will be in the states, it will be 10 times worse in Mexico, maybe worse. They are not prepared, for the financial disaster. There will be opportunities, but I am sure crime rate will rise, so safety will be real important when traveling in Mexico.Drama free,

If eMxico reopens their borders on may 20th and AMLO eases restrictions so that businesses including hotels start to reopen, will you be considering going to Mexico soon after?

Bbond
05-12-20, 21:05
Does anyone know if Laura who used to hang in Emillanos is still around? I haven't see her in a while. I imagine every one in Nuevo Laredo is hurting these days. Hopefully things will open up soon.I just spoke with her sister, who is not on speaking terms with Laura, sister says she recently saw her walking downtown with one of her kids. I have known Laura and her sister for years, her sister visits me regularly. I no longer consider Laura a friend, friends don't lie or steal from you.

DramaFree11
05-12-20, 22:32
Drama free,

If eMxico reopens their borders on may 20th and AMLO eases restrictions so that businesses including hotels start to reopen, will you be considering going to Mexico soon after?Yep, I have been crossing. My friend, got us a hotel in Laredo, she drove and met me there. I did that a couple of times.

Believe it or not prices for flights have went up, and now I am in Austin, easy drive to MTY. MTY will be second home, I will be real careful and safety will be first, I will only drive to the Hotel or Apartment, then only UBER in Mexico. I will also leave early in the mornings, now I have a beat up work truck, so I will use that, if something happens to that I do not care, it has made me a lot of money, I will just buy another truck.

I love skinny girls and as I have said, MTY has some stunners. You can get some real top notch ones for a very reasonable price, I am not into the lower end seen. Seeking Arrangements is working great, so time to change my game. Tijuana / Russia is on the back burner. If I find a cheap flight I will still go to Tijuana. I am so sick of the Airlines and there B S. / Shitty Service. I just get pissed off when I fly now. I was hoping there would be some changes in there attitudes with the Virus, but that is not going to happen, so it is time to move on.

Zygomatic
05-13-20, 03:44
Yep, I have been crossing. My friend, got us a hotel in Laredo, she drove and met me there. I did that a couple of times.

Believe it or not prices for flights have went up, and now I am in Austin, easy drive to MTY. MTY will be second home, I will be real careful and safety will be first, I will only drive to the Hotel or Apartment, then only UBER in Mexico. I will also leave early in the mornings, now I have a beat up work truck, so I will use that, if something happens to that I do not care, it has made me a lot of money, I will just buy another truck.

I love skinny girls and as I have said, MTY has some stunners. You can get some real top notch ones for a very reasonable price, I am not into the lower end seen. Seeking Arrangements is working great, so time to change my game. Tijuana / Russia is on the back burner. If I find a cheap flight I will still go to Tijuana. I am so sick of the Airlines and there B S. / Shitty Service. I just get pissed off when I fly now. I was hoping there would be some changes in there attitudes with the Virus, but that is not going to happen, so it is time to move on.That's bad ass Drama free. So are you seeing a rise in available arrangement seekers on that site and what type of arrangements would you say are the norm?

HarleyEvo20
05-13-20, 05:13
I just spoke with her sister, who is not on speaking terms with Laura, sister says she recently saw her walking downtown with one of her kids. I have known Laura and her sister for years, her sister visits me regularly. I no longer consider Laura a friend, friends don't lie or steal from you.Sounds like there is a story to be told there. LOL. I have known her for a while too. She always seemed to be one of of the more honest ones there. I have never met her sister. The last couple of months I just haven't seen her around before the bars closed.

Balto1
05-13-20, 14:01
I just spoke with her sister, who is not on speaking terms with Laura, sister says she recently saw her walking downtown with one of her kids. I have known Laura and her sister for years, her sister visits me regularly. I no longer consider Laura a friend, friends don't lie or steal from you.Hello Bbond,

I have not been down in years and miss hanging with you I was wondering if the Laura in question sisters name is Edith?

Bbond
05-13-20, 20:23
Hello Bbond,

I have not been down in years and miss hanging with you I was wondering if the Laura in question sisters name is Edith?No, it is not, and I don't feel comfortable posting sisters real name. I once knew of at least three girls using the name "Laura", so maybe you're thinking of one of those.

Bbond
05-13-20, 20:26
Sounds like there is a story to be told there. LOL. I have known her for a while too. She always seemed to be one of of the more honest ones there. I have never met her sister. The last couple of months I just haven't seen her around before the bars closed.I once felt the same way, but after she lied and scammed some money from me, and it really was not that much money, she is no longer my friend.

DramaFree11
05-14-20, 04:16
That's bad ass Drama free. So are you seeing a rise in available arrangement seekers on that site and what type of arrangements would you say are the norm?Yes, it has been very good. SA is a little more expensive, but a lot of the girls can speak English, College Educated and motivated to meet American Guys.

SubComm
05-15-20, 04:02
At BBond. What is the current situation at the Laredo border? I need to make a quick trip to Nuevo Laredo for the day. Any problems getting into Mexico to back into the USA if I am not doing "essential business" ?

I need to visit a doctor and pharmacy.

Thanks in advance.

Bbond
05-16-20, 05:33
At BBond. What is the current situation at the Laredo border? I need to make a quick trip to Nuevo Laredo for the day. Any problems getting into Mexico to back into the USA if I am not doing "essential business" ?I need to visit a doctor and pharmacy.No problems, I know several that cross regularly. They don't even ask why you are entering Mexico. They do ask where you're coming from, just say Laredo and going to Nuevo Laredo. Going back to US is about the same as it has always been.

Zygomatic
05-17-20, 00:31
No problems, I know several that cross regularly. They don't even ask why you are entering Mexico. They do ask where you're coming from, just say Laredo and going to Nuevo Laredo. Going back to US is about the same as it has always been.Hi BBond,

Would the Farmacia Benavides, just 1. 5 blocks from the pedestrian bride on Guerrero street, be the best option for people who just want to cross the bride to buy some medications? By looking at the map, I also see Farmacia Similares about 4 blocks north of the pedestrian bride. That one, I believe, has a doctor's office attached to the farmacia. Would you happen to know what the hours of operation are for the doctor's office and if it's always full or if a better option exists for American's who need a doctor's prescription?

Thanks.

RikyMichaels7
05-17-20, 01:14
Bbond:

Laura used to be good friends with a blond girl that I used to date years ago in Nuevo Laredo by the name of Cecelia. They used to regularly hang out in Montera. Would you happen to know whatever happened to Cecelia? Cecelia was a nice, sweet girl. She told me a few years back that she and Laura worked together in Xoticas strip bar in Laredo until their Visas ran out. I hung out with Laura and few times and she scammed me out of 50.00 one time and then gave me the cold shoulder when I called her out. Not a good person.

Bbond
05-17-20, 21:42
Would the Farmacia Benavides, just 1. 5 blocks from the pedestrian bride on Guerrero street, be the best option for people who just want to cross the bride to buy some medications? By looking at the map, I also see Farmacia Similares about 4 blocks north of the pedestrian bride. That one, I believe, has a doctor's office attached to the farmacia. Would you happen to know what the hours of operation are for the doctor's office and if it's always full or if a better option exists for American's who need a doctor's prescription?There was a Farmacia Benavides at Hidalgo on Guerrero, but is now closed, the one at the corner of Hidalgo and Calle Juarez is still open. Farmacia Calderon, 3 blocks south of the bridge, on Gurrero, is another option for purchases of medications. There are various farmacias on Gurrero with doctors consultorias, I don't know their hours, but seldom full right now, currently, people simply cannot afford to use them. The best one is Farmacia Similares, about 2 blocks south of bridge.

Bbond
05-17-20, 21:50
Bbond:

Laura used to be good friends with a blond girl that I used to date years ago in Nuevo Laredo by the name of Cecelia. They used to regularly hang out in Montera. Would you happen to know whatever happened to Cecelia?I know who you are talking about, Before the current shut down situation, I used to see her once in a while in Jarochos. Allways dressed nicely and not in the bar working, just drinking with friends, I believe she has someone supporting her now.

The Laura you speak of, Cecilias friend, I don't think is the same Laura being discussed in earlier posts. I believe the one you speak of is the one with fake tits and ass. I used to know 4 girls that used the name Laura.

DramaFree11
05-18-20, 03:56
Wow, what a Saturday night. Met my Lesbian couple in Laredo they drove from MTY, that I met on SA. They drove from MTY to Laredo, what a night. We were able to get a hotel at the Holiday Inn.

The border is open, but they are crazy, I was flagged and sent to the secondary line, both going and coming from Mexico. I was caught off guard when the the agent flagged me down driving in. He was not nice and spend 30 minutes going threw my truck. I was laughing, under my mask, but I must confess, I thought he was going to make me turn around. It was Saturday evening so my standard answer of going to the dentist was not going to work. Anyway I made it and what a night.

As I said and others have said the same, now is not time to be messing around at all at the border they have all the time in the world. Trust me they know way more then you think. Coming back the agent asked me about my trips to Russian ant Tijuana, he had this information immediately. I was being honest and joking with him a little, then he sent me to the secondary line. No more of that I will only answer there direct questions moving forward. They were at least nice. 7 or 8 agents went though my truck, they were cool and respectful, not like the first agent. At the end they start asking me questions about my golf clubs, I said, I have to get to work, see you later.

Sound7
05-18-20, 08:05
Live with it. Truck travel? Had a similar situation lost 90 minutes in secondary. Had me sign a document to clear secondary. Was in the wrong entry lane.

CBP file info is not current in some matters.

Wow, what a Saturday night. Met my Lesbian couple in Laredo they drove from MTY, that I met on SA. They drove from MTY to Laredo, what a night. We were able to get a hotel at the Holiday Inn.

The border is open, but they are crazy, I was flagged and sent to the secondary line, both going and coming from Mexico. I was caught off guard when the the agent flagged me down driving in. He was not nice and spend 30 minutes going threw my truck. I was laughing, under my mask, but I must confess, I thought he was going to make me turn around. It was Saturday evening so my standard answer of going to the dentist was not going to work. Anyway I made it and what a night.

As I said and others have said the same, now is not time to be messing around at all at the border they have all the time in the world. Trust me they know way more then you think. Coming back the agent asked me about my trips to Russian ant Tijuana, he had this information immediately. I was being honest and joking with him a little, then he sent me to the secondary line. No more of that I will only answer there direct questions moving forward. They were at least nice. 7 or 8 agents went though my truck, they were cool and respectful, not like the first agent. At the end they start asking me questions about my golf clubs, I said, I have to get to work, see you later.

Bbond
05-18-20, 09:43
(snip) at the corner of Hidalgo and Calle Juarez is still open.Correction, that farmacia is at the corner of Hidalgo and Matamoros.

CenTexCrash
05-19-20, 04:05
Coming back the agent asked me about my trips to Russian ant Tijuana, he had this information immediately. I was being honest and joking with him a little, then he sent me to the secondary line.So it's not just me getting shit for weird passport stamps in Laredo? Walked back in to Laredo after Monterrey, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, and Mexico City. And answered that was that. The initial officer glared at my passport and asked his superiors. They took me to a quiet room.

CBP officer on duty sat down and hammered me about previous stamps from Egypt and Malaysia, asked me if I was buying opiates from ISIS, selling weapons to ISIS, recruiting for ISIS. And I kept asking "Do you have any relevant questions about this current trip returning from Mexico and Argentina?" And they wanted none of it, they wanted to steer me back to know about my trip to Egypt over two years earlier.

Eventually they let me go. Jerks.

DramaFree11
05-19-20, 04:32
So it's not just me getting shit for weird passport stamps in Laredo? Walked back in to Laredo after Monterrey, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, and Mexico City. And answered that was that. The initial officer glared at my passport and asked his superiors. They took me to a quiet room.

CBP officer on duty sat down and hammered me about previous stamps from Egypt and Malaysia, asked me if I was buying opiates from ISIS, selling weapons to ISIS, recruiting for ISIS. And I kept asking "Do you have any relevant questions about this current trip returning from Mexico and Argentina?" And they wanted none of it, they wanted to steer me back to know about my trip to Egypt over two years earlier.

Eventually they let me go. Jerks.Most are decent, but some can be real jerks. I have had little issues walking, but driving they real ness with me. I probably would have raised a little hell going into Mexico, but I knew that he did not have to let me pass. Hopefully restrictions will be continued to be relaxed and we can get back to normal life.

Zygomatic
05-20-20, 03:40
Most are decent, but some can be real jerks. I have had little issues walking, but driving they real ness with me. I probably would have raised a little hell going into Mexico, but I knew that he did not have to let me pass. Hopefully restrictions will be continued to be relaxed and we can get back to normal life.Here we go again: https://youtu.be/ozSda7A__yw.

Another 30 days of border restrictions to non essential travelers at the Laredo border. I'm speechless. Let's see and hope things get much better soon.

Beavis
05-21-20, 03:43
Correction, that farmacia is at the corner of Hidalgo and Matamoros.Bbond I am going to message something I need to ask you.

Dr Ballz
05-21-20, 04:39
I want to go to Nuevo Laredo tomorrow.

Can anyone offer any hotel recommendation?

Zygomatic
05-21-20, 23:22
Most are decent, but some can be real jerks. I have had little issues walking, but driving they real ness with me. I probably would have raised a little hell going into Mexico, but I knew that he did not have to let me pass. Hopefully restrictions will be continued to be relaxed and we can get back to normal life.Drama free, given that the government is restricting travel across the border to non essential travelers, do the customs and border patrol actually ask you if you are traveling for essential purposes when you cross back into the United States?

DramaFree11
05-22-20, 02:24
Here we go again: https://youtu.be/ozSda7A__yw.

Another 30 days of border restrictions to non essential travelers at the Laredo border. I'm speechless. Let's see and hope things get much better soon.Yes, total Bull Shit. Heading to MTY tomorrow, I have my doctors note for the border, I will leave out the MTY part.

Bbond
05-22-20, 08:21
I want to go to Nuevo Laredo tomorrow. Can anyone offer any hotel recommendation?If you are not too choosy, the Fiesta downtown is open. I know a few guys that stay there when they visit. Corner of Pino Suarez and Ocampo.

Zygomatic
05-22-20, 13:12
Yes, total Bull Shit. Heading to MTY tomorrow, I have my doctors note for the border, I will leave out the MTY part.Drama free, will the doctors note that you are referring to be from a doctor in Nuevo Laredo or from an American doctor? Does US CPS require a doctor's note to prove that you are crossing the border for essential purposes? What if I just want to buy some medicine from the farmacia? Will the medicine be enough proof to show that my border crossing is for essential purposes?

Bbond
05-22-20, 15:57
(snip), do the customs and border patrol actually ask you if you are traveling for essential purposes when you cross back into the United States?No, they ask usual questions, often that is, what was purpose of visit, anything to declare, where you going, how long were you in Mexico. Americans are not restricted entering the USA.

DramaFree11
05-23-20, 21:21
No, they ask usual questions, often that is, what was purpose of visit, anything to declare, where you going, how long were you in Mexico. Americans are not restricted entering the USA.No problem this time, I am in MTY, loving life.

HarleyEvo20
05-24-20, 16:37
Anyone here any reports of when they might be reopening the bars in Nuevo Laredo? I had heard in might be June 1 but then did not hear anymore.

Bbond
05-25-20, 01:48
Anyone here any reports of when they might be reopening the bars in Nuevo Laredo? I had heard in might be June 1 but then did not hear anymore.It may happen June 1, but I doubt it. They are taking this to the extreme. No public transportation on Sunday is example of how dumb they are getting. I personally know a couple bar owners, and they are hoping it will be soon, but no official word has been announced for any opening dates. Something has to happen soon, people here are in a serious financial hurt.

Zygomatic
05-25-20, 05:40
No problem this time, I am in MTY, loving life.Drama free,

Are you staying at your usual hotel in San Pedro area? All the spas are closed now. My favorite chain which was the last remaining one open has closed. Even Tokyo, deseos and tentacion who used to suck at service but had decent girls is closed. But the restaurants are opening up. Looks like Mexico and Brazil are getting worse and worse but people have to get back to work. What's your take on the situation?

DramaFree11
05-25-20, 15:23
Drama free,

Are you staying at your usual hotel in San Pedro area? All the spas are closed now. My favorite chain which was the last remaining one open has closed. Even Tokyo, deseos and tentacion who used to suck at service but had decent girls is closed. But the restaurants are opening up. Looks like Mexico and Brazil are getting worse and worse but people have to get back to work. What's your take on the situation?1. No issues at the Border, but they are getting much tougher everyday, so as I have said an others do not be playing around.

2. A couple of minor check points driving to MTY, but no problem at all.

3. Laredo appears to be opening up more then MTY, Sunday I drive by many of the Hotel in Laredo and they were full and open.

4. MTY not the case, many are still closed. We used Airbnb.

5. Many Rest. / Bars still closed.

The whole thing just makes no sense, but I have made a decision to live my life. Everybody as to make there own individual choices with the virus, but I do not think sitting at home and not working is the answer. As I have said in the past the financial crisis is going to be much worse then the virus. Hopefully Mexico will wake up soon and realize it is time to get back to work, but I am just not sure. Many of the girls would not go out because of the Virus, but many of those same girls have lost there jobs and probably will lose much more if this continues.

Hopefully they will get back to some normalcy June 1, we will see.

DramaFree11
05-25-20, 15:26
It may happen June 1, but I doubt it. They are taking this to the extreme. No public transportation on Sunday is example of how dumb they are getting. I personally know a couple bar owners, and they are hoping it will be soon, but no official word has been announced for any opening dates. Something has to happen soon, people here are in a serious financial hurt.You are 100% correct, this is terrible and that is probably an under statement, this will be devastating.

Zygomatic
05-25-20, 15:47
It may happen June 1, but I doubt it. They are taking this to the extreme. No public transportation on Sunday is example of how dumb they are getting. I personally know a couple bar owners, and they are hoping it will be soon, but no official word has been announced for any opening dates. Something has to happen soon, people here are in a serious financial hurt.Bbond,

Some people here in San Antonio are also in a serious financial hurt to the extent the pretty girls are now homeless and begging for money at the street intersections not far from where I live. There was one really hot girl that I saw yesterday that was crying while she was waiting for cars to give her money. Is the same thing or something similar happening in Nuevo Laredo?

Bbond
05-28-20, 23:28
Bbond,

Some people here in San Antonio are also in a serious financial hurt to the extent the pretty girls are now homeless and begging for money at the street intersections not far from where I live. There was one really hot girl that I saw yesterday that was crying while she was waiting for cars to give her money. Is the same thing or something similar happening in Nuevo Laredo?I have not seen that. There has always been people in the streets begging, but now there is no one to beg from, no one has any money. I do see people holding signs more than before, signs asking for financial help, signs asking for work, but no hot girls holding them. There are more street walkers now downtown, as they have no where else to go. Hang around the old market area, waiting to get picked up.

Zygomatic
05-29-20, 14:56
I have not seen that. There has always been people in the streets begging, but now there is no one to beg from, no one has any money. I do see people holding signs more than before, signs asking for financial help, signs asking for work, but no hot girls holding them. There are more street walkers now downtown, as they have no where else to go. Hang around the old market area, waiting to get picked up.Where about is the old market?

HarleyEvo20
05-29-20, 15:49
In Laredo now. The word I hear us some bars are opening this Sat. I was told by a guy who works at Jarrocos that the Arizona Bar will be open. He said Jarrocos will open the next weekend. Just the word on the street.

Bbond
05-29-20, 21:56
Where about is the old market?The old tourist mercado, on Guerrero, between Belden and Hidalgo.

Bbond
05-29-20, 22:03
In Laredo now. The word I hear us some bars are opening this Sat. I was told by a guy who works at Jarrocos that the Arizona Bar will be open. He said Jarrocos will open the next weekend. Just the word on the street.I just spoke with the manager of Jarochos, he doubts that they will open. The government has said that maybe they will lift restrictions June 1, but he doubts that too.

Bbond
05-29-20, 23:22
1. No issues at the Border, but they are getting much tougher everyday, so as I have said an others do not be playing around.
Hopefully they will get back to some normalcy June 1, we will see.Don't count on June 1, they are basing the reopening dates on COVID cases, and every day more are reported.

The Mexican side of the border, they have announced they will be restricting more Americans from entering. Including enforcing the no drive days for vehicles based on the last digit of the license plate. No drive, no enter, days are, 0 and 1 Mondays, 2 and 3 Tuesdays, 4 and 5 Wednesdays, 6 and 7 Thursdays, 8 and 9 Fridays. Only 2 people per vehicle, no kids, no senior citizens, masks required.

DramaFree11
05-30-20, 00:45
In Laredo now. The word I hear us some bars are opening this Sat. I was told by a guy who works at Jarrocos that the Arizona Bar will be open. He said Jarrocos will open the next weekend. Just the word on the street.Just drove through on the way to MTY, some of the hotels were packed at 3 pm. So hopefully good news.

Zero issues at the border or checkpoints.

Bbond
05-30-20, 09:02
In Laredo now. The word I hear us some bars are opening this Sat. I was told by a guy who works at Jarrocos that the Arizona Bar will be open. He said Jarrocos will open the next weekend. Just the word on the street.This just came out today: "The emergency extension period will be from June 1 to July 15 of this year, they said in a statement."

So who knows what is going to happen or when.

DramaFree11
05-30-20, 16:38
This just came out today: "The emergency extension period will be from June 1 to July 15 of this year, they said in a statement."

So who knows what is going to happen or when.Appears to me that things are starting to open. We will see and hope for the the best. Some girls are still saying it is too dangerous to go out.

DramaFree11
05-30-20, 20:13
Appears to me that things are starting to open. We will see and hope for the the best. Some girls are still saying it is too dangerous to go out.I think most of the Mexican people are starting to realize if they do not go back to work ASAP, they will lose everything financially, so reality is stating to sink in. This is going to be real bad.

Bbond
05-31-20, 14:55
Appears to me that things are starting to open. We will see and hope for the the best. Some girls are still saying it is too dangerous to go out.I don't see that things are opening up at all. As a matter of fact some people tried to partially open a long standing flea market, but were shut down by authorities. Some girls say it's too dangerous, but many, and I have never seen so many on some nights, working the streets. I read yesterday, and now I can't find the report, that the worse has yet to come, for the COVID thing, for Brazil and Mexico. However, something has to give and soon, there are just too many people suffering. They have nothing and no way to get anything, can't work and no governmental assistance, none. People can't pay their rent or utility bills, can't buy food. One thing though, that puzzles me, is the drug sellers working street corners seem to have plenty of business. Certainly that business is not as good as it once was, but it still thrives.

DramaFree11
05-31-20, 21:22
I don't see that things are opening up at all. As a matter of fact some people tried to partially open a long standing flea market, but were shut down by authorities. Some girls say it's too dangerous, but many, and I have never seen so many on some nights, working the streets. I read yesterday, and now I can't find the report, that the worse has yet to come, for the COVID thing, for Brazil and Mexico. However, something has to give and soon, there are just too many people suffering. They have nothing and no way to get anything, can't work and no governmental assistance, none. People can't pay their rent or utility bills, can't buy food. One thing though, that puzzles me, is the drug sellers working street corners seem to have plenty of business. Certainly that business is not as good as it once was, but it still thrives.Correct, I have been hearing and experience some of the same things. Good news Airbnb and Expedia are both up and running again, starting June 1. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Zygomatic
05-31-20, 23:03
I don't see that things are opening up at all. As a matter of fact some people tried to partially open a long standing flea market, but were shut down by authorities. Some girls say it's too dangerous, but many, and I have never seen so many on some nights, working the streets. I read yesterday, and now I can't find the report, that the worse has yet to come, for the COVID thing, for Brazil and Mexico. However, something has to give and soon, there are just too many people suffering. They have nothing and no way to get anything, can't work and no governmental assistance, none. People can't pay their rent or utility bills, can't buy food. One thing though, that puzzles me, is the drug sellers working street corners seem to have plenty of business. Certainly that business is not as good as it once was, but it still thrives.I have heard 2 different opinions recently, 1 is that the corona virus is here to stay and 2 that the corona virus is fake news. I don't believe 2 and I don't believe 1 either because at some point in time in the not too distant future a vaccine is supposed to exist. But maybe the vaccine will only be available to the rich and by that time too much damage would have already occurred which would have triggered other major events. Today is a very scary day for San Antonio because today over 2.5 times more cases of new infections have been reported in one single day than any other day since the beginning of all this.

This whole thing with George Floyd has been like a bomb hat has been waiting to explode. And the coronavirus is a perfect time for all these unemployed Americans to get out and enjoy some protesting and looting. For those of us who have lived through systematic racism in America, I often came to the conclusion that it would at some point in time be the downfall of our country. We now have a double wammie situation on our hands. If you ask a black man which is worse, the corona virus or systematic racism in America they may say that racism is worse. More dormant problems exist but I won't go there. That's why I love going to mexico, to get away from the American bullshit.

DramaFree11
05-31-20, 23:30
I don't see that things are opening up at all. As a matter of fact some people tried to partially open a long standing flea market, but were shut down by authorities. Some girls say it's too dangerous, but many, and I have never seen so many on some nights, working the streets. I read yesterday, and now I can't find the report, that the worse has yet to come, for the COVID thing, for Brazil and Mexico. However, something has to give and soon, there are just too many people suffering. They have nothing and no way to get anything, can't work and no governmental assistance, none. People can't pay their rent or utility bills, can't buy food. One thing though, that puzzles me, is the drug sellers working street corners seem to have plenty of business. Certainly that business is not as good as it once was, but it still thrives.This going to be so, bad unless they wake up quick. This will set Mexico back 5-10 years or worse. Couple of observations, my favorite Rest. In MTY has opened back up. Sonora Prime Steakhouse, so there are some positive things starting to happen. All the most of small Rest. , where I was staying in MTY were open this weekend.

DramaFree11
06-01-20, 08:55
I have heard 2 different opinions recently, 1 is that the corona virus is here to stay and 2 that the corona virus is fake news. I don't believe 2 and I don't believe 1 either because at some point in time in the not too distant future a vaccine is supposed to exist. But maybe the vaccine will only be available to the rich and by that time too much damage would have already occurred which would have triggered other major events. Today is a very scary day for San Antonio because today over 2.5 times more cases of new infections have been reported in one single day than any other day since the beginning of all this.

This whole thing with George Floyd has been like a bomb hat has been waiting to explode. And the coronavirus is a perfect time for all these unemployed Americans to get out and enjoy some protesting and looting. For those of us who have lived through systematic racism in America, I often came to the conclusion that it would at some point in time be the downfall of our country. We now have a double wammie situation on our hands. If you ask a black man which is worse, the corona virus or systematic racism in America they may say that racism is worse. More dormant problems exist but I won't go there. That's why I love going to mexico, to get away from the American bullshit.Very well said, completely agree with most. I do not hate America, love my work and the guys that work for me. My client, for the most part are good, but some are just completely crazy. I also love Mexico and appreciate Mexico more and more. I live in exclusive apartment complex in Austin and 80% of the time my neighbors will not say Hello, or anything at all. When I am in Mexico, the complete opposite, everyone say Hello, and thank you. I can say people real go out of there to help me for the most part.

As far as racism, I think it is an excuse and reason not to succeed. You choose to be a victim, we have all had bad experience in our life. You learn from the bad and become a better and stronger person. It is obstacle and we all need to over come that obstacle. It time for everyone to go back to work and fix our country, same goes for the rest of the world. The Media is the worst pushing there views and agenda, not caring about people or our country at all. The Media is causing most of the issue and definitely stoking the fire.

I had an Awesome trip in MTY this last week, some no shows, and a catflish, but overall had a great time. Do not waste your time with Airbnb it ends up causing issues with girls especially for the first meeting and even a bigger issue with escorts. Big waste of time unless you know the girls.

Bbond
06-01-20, 12:52
Tomorrow, Tuesday, restaurants in Nuevo Laredo open at 25% of their capacity. In 15 days they can go to 50%. So things are loosening up just a little bit.

Bbond
06-02-20, 15:20
Starting today, the State Commission for Protection against Health Risks will have a sanitary filter that would deny entry to the city to children under 12, adults over 65, who are traveling with more than two people per vehicle, in addition to requiring the mandatory and permanent use of mouth masks.

The above was disclosed in an official statement in which it is further stated that: "People who do not have an essential trip to Nuevo Laredo will not be allowed to enter", and that "in case of not obeying the order they will be returned by the security forces, and if they do not have an essential trip to Nuevo Laredo, do not do it to avoid being returned.

Zygomatic
06-03-20, 13:57
Starting today, the State Commission for Protection against Health Risks will have a sanitary filter that would deny entry to the city to children under 12, adults over 65, who are traveling with more than two people per vehicle, in addition to requiring the mandatory and permanent use of mouth masks.

The above was disclosed in an official statement in which it is further stated that: "People who do not have an essential trip to Nuevo Laredo will not be allowed to enter", and that "in case of not obeying the order they will be returned by the security forces, and if they do not have an essential trip to Nuevo Laredo, do not do it to avoid being returned.Bbond, do you know if going to a pharmacy in Nuevo Laredo would be considered essential travel? Also, would you happen you know if people who are just passing by through Nuevo Laredo like in the case of bus travelers going to Monterrey need to have a reason for essential travel?

Bbond
06-03-20, 20:55
Bbond, do you know if going to a pharmacy in Nuevo Laredo would be considered essential travel? Also, would you happen you know if people who are just passing by through Nuevo Laredo like in the case of bus travelers going to Monterrey need to have a reason for essential travel?The news this morning is that they are only running this new filter a few hours a day, only on bridge 2. I have not seen any change to bridge 1, the pedestrian crossing. Essential travel, just depends on who asks why you are crossing, if anyone asks. Personally I don't think they care, this is just a political stunt to make it appear they are doing something. Even local people say it is BS. Slows them down entering and for what? I know a guy coming down from Austin, either today or tomorrow, I'll report if he has any issues, he walks across. I have never been asked why I am crossing, just look like you know where you are going and cross no problem. There are a number of people that I know who cross regularly, with no issues.

Zygomatic
06-04-20, 04:00
The news this morning is that they are only running this new filter a few hours a day, only on bridge 2. I have not seen any change to bridge 1, the pedestrian crossing. Essential travel, just depends on who asks why you are crossing, if anyone asks. Personally I don't think they care, this is just a political stunt to make it appear they are doing something. Even local people say it is BS. Slows them down entering and for what? I know a guy coming down from Austin, either today or tomorrow, I'll report if he has any issues, he walks across. I have never been asked why I am crossing, just look like you know where you are going and cross no problem. There are a number of people that I know who cross regularly, with no issues.Okay, so I have been waiting for this type of news video for weeks now. It's a Monterrey news reporting covering the situation at the central bus station in Monterrey and one woman who is being interviewed talks about how bus passengers are practicing social distancing and occupancy in buses is probably at about 25 to 40 percent. The problem now is that now a person who wants to travel back on Sunday from a weekend in Monterrey can't just walk in to the bus station in Monterrey expecting to buy a bus ticket back to Texas because the seating is not so limited. It used to be that they got near full coming back to Texas on Sundays so planning ahead appears to the norm for now. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CoMkyRd_Kg.

Zygomatic
06-04-20, 04:12
For the first time I am seeing the coronavirus curve in Mexico starting to flatten. Hopefully the United States and Mexico will open up the borders soon and Mexican businesses will start opening back up even more. Here is the link I use to track the coronavirus curve in Mexico. I am also tracking Brazil because now Brazil just became the worst country in the world for the coronavirus uprise. Here is the link: https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=usa&areas=mex&areas=bra&areas=can&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usnj&cumulative=0&logScale=1&perMillion=0&values=cases.

Bbond
06-04-20, 17:11
For the first time I am seeing the coronavirus curve in Mexico starting to flatten.All I have to say about that is that Nuevo laredo has passed Laredo for the number of deaths attributed to the virus. Supposedly this is the reason for the increased enforcement of the restrictions imposed.

This is from Wednesday June, 4, newspaper: Covid cases in NLD grow worse; 17 more reported.

In total there are already 253 cases on this border, of which 173 are active and 57 are already considered recovered, while 125 more patients are under investigation to confirm or rule out the virus.

If the cases of contagion and deaths continue, local health authorities assured that they would ask the government to close the businesses and other measures in favor of social distancing, since in the framework of the reopening of multiple establishments the contagion curve has been increase. (translated from Spanish by google). Full story here: https://elmanana.com.mx/arrecian-casos-de-covid-en-nld-reportan-17-mas/.

Bbond
06-04-20, 19:30
Officially, activities such as lodging, low-risk services, services in general, commerce in general, fixed and semi-fixed positions, have opened in this new normality, with bars, cinemas, gyms and hairdressing salons pending, among others.

The protocols establish the resumption of activities in a first phase at 25 percent, with the exception of hotel and temporary accommodation services, which will operate at 50 percent.

Phases 2, 3 and 4 will be determined by the Health authorities according to the level of risk of transmission of Co-vid-19 disease among the population. Depending on the type of activity, phase 2 could reopen from 35 to 55 percent. In phase 3, 60 to 90 percent.

In phase 4, 100 percent. For the hospitality and accommodation services industry, they could resume activities at 75 percent from phase 2 and 100 percent at phase 3.

Establishments with non-essential activities must display a record of operations by the State Commission for Protection against Health Risks, a letter of commitment and a self-evaluation form.

In the document, the authorities warn that in case of not complying with the reopening protocols, a suspension measure will be issued until the end of the contingency. (translated with help of google).

Full story: https://elmanana.com.mx/reabren-los-comercios-no-esenciales-de-a-poco/.

Zygomatic
06-06-20, 05:00
Well, I visited both Mexican bus companies in San Antonio and turimex seems to be the best option because it has fewer people traveling with them and I think it's because those buses are older and less comfortable. The lady said that they don't even have 50 percent occupancy. Omnibus is now doing more business but they said that the will fill up their buses if enough people buy tickets because it doesn't make financial sense to limit their occupancy. However, once in the Mexican side, I was told that Mexican officials will disperse people onto different buses if too many people are on one bus so it makes sense to take the bus with fewer people in order to not get put on a different bus and who knows how long that would take.

I will call greyhound to see how they operate soon. I was told that the 22 of June, restrictions are expected or hoped to be lifted. And that lots of people with visas are anxious to start traveling to the USA again.

Elvis 2008
06-07-20, 00:35
Well, I visited both Mexican bus companies in San Antonio and turimex seems to be the best option because it has fewer people traveling with them and I think it's because those buses are older and less comfortable. The lady said that they don't even have 50 percent occupancy. Omnibus is now doing more business but they said that the will fill up their buses if enough people buy tickets because it doesn't make financial sense to limit their occupancy. However, once in the Mexican side, I was told that Mexican officials will disperse people onto different buses if too many people are on one bus so it makes sense to take the bus with fewer people in order to not get put on a different bus and who knows how long that would take.

I will call greyhound to see how they operate soon. I was told that the 22 of June, restrictions are expected or hoped to be lifted. And that lots of people with visas are anxious to start traveling to the USA again.Zygomatic, I flew from Houston to Monterrey. Flight was fairly crowded in Covid era. Anyway, my return trip was pushed back a day and I had to be back in Houston, so I had to make other plans. I took the bus to Nuevo Laredo, crossed over to the USA Border, took an Uber to the Laredo airport, and got a one way rental car to Houston. Cost of the trip was $100.

There was no hassle going into Mexico or leaving it.

I contacted two women from seeking.com and hung out with them. I went on Twitter and saw some great deals with some really hot women wanting only 1200 pesos per hour, but I did not partake.

Hotels were mostly empty. I scored a room at the Safi hotel, a luxury chain, for a whopping $70 a night.

So yeah, it is a great time to go! I really needed a break from the USA sex prison.

DramaFree11
06-07-20, 00:40
Zygomatic, I flew from Houston to Monterrey. Flight was fairly crowded in Covid era. Anyway, my return trip was pushed back a day and I had to be back in Houston, so I had to make other plans. I took the bus to Nuevo Laredo, crossed over to the USA Border, took an Uber to the Laredo airport, and got a one way rental car to Houston. Cost of the trip was $100.

I contacted two women from seeking.com and hung out with them. I went on Twitter and saw some great deals with some really hot women wanting only 1200 pesos per hour, but I did not partake.

Hotels were mostly empty. I scored a room at the Safi hotel, a luxury chain, for a whopping $70 a night.

So yeah, it is a great time to go! I really needed a break from the USA sex prison.I crossed the border last night on the way to MTY, no issues and probably 15 minute wait at the border driving. Absolutely no issues. Z. Man, time to get back in the game. That being said many stores and Rest. Are still closed in MTY. We went to the Shopping Center and everything was closed. This is going to be so bad for Mexico, but time to move forward and see what happens. I am hanging out with my girl in MTY, super hot, and great sex. We are going a great restaurant tonight. First time I have been at a nice Rest, in 3 months, I am so excited.

Zygomatic
06-07-20, 03:37
Zygomatic, I flew from Houston to Monterrey. Flight was fairly crowded in Covid era. Anyway, my return trip was pushed back a day and I had to be back in Houston, so I had to make other plans. I took the bus to Nuevo Laredo, crossed over to the USA Border, took an Uber to the Laredo airport, and got a one way rental car to Houston. Cost of the trip was $100.

So yeah, it is a great time to go! I really needed a break from the USA sex prison.Thanks for the info Elvis. I spoke with Greyhound and they too will let occupancy levels reach maximum levels and will cancel bus trips if less than 10 people buy a ticket. But I trust greyhound more because I feel like they are more responsible and their buses are actually newer and cleaner than the Mexican bus companies. I am planning a bus trip to Monterrey during the July 4th weekend. Now I just need to call my go to hotel (hotel 500) to see if they are open to non essential travelers. They know me there, they recognize my name and voice if I call them. But they grew to the point that I didn't like staying there any more because Mexicans can be very insensitive to other people's comfort zones.

Why did your return flight get cancelled? Not enough people bought tickets?

Zygomatic
06-07-20, 05:53
I just chatted with a friend who got back to work at one of the favorite sala de masajes, especially for the locals, in Monterrey. She said that clients must wear masks and their temperatures are checked before the are admitted inside. The girls are not wearing masks but I imagine that their temperatures are checked daily and encouraged to stay home if they feel sick considering that the pandemic is a life or death situation. On the flip side, I chatted with a friend in San Antonio who is in the business and could care less about the pandemic and lives life one day at a time. I guess I feel better going to Mexico for relief considering that mediation is in place to minimize the risk of contagion.

Elvis 2008
06-07-20, 20:23
Why did your return flight get cancelled? Not enough people bought tickets?I think it was the other way. Flight was oversold.

Elvis 2008
06-07-20, 20:26
That being said many stores and Rest. Are still closed in MTY. We went to the Shopping Center and everything was closed. This is going to be so bad for Mexico, but time to move forward and see what happens. I am hanging out with my girl in MTY, super hot, and great sex. We are going a great restaurant tonight.LOL. Yeah, I was with a really nice gal most of the time and I was bummed about so little to do. We ate, hung out at the hotel, and walked around the downtown area near the River Walk which was closed.

DramaFree11
06-07-20, 20:57
LOL. Yeah, I was with a really nice gal most of the time and I was bummed about so little to do. We ate, hung out at the hotel, and walked around the downtown area near the River Walk which was closed.Same for me. I was shocked at how few of the places have not opened back up. The states may avoid a depression, but I do not think Mexico will be so lucky.

Zygomatic
06-07-20, 21:28
I crossed the border last night on the way to MTY, no issues and probably 15 minute wait at the border driving. Absolutely no issues. Z. Man, time to get back in the game. That being said many stores and Rest. Are still closed in MTY. We went to the Shopping Center and everything was closed. This is going to be so bad for Mexico, but time to move forward and see what happens. I am hanging out with my girl in MTY, super hot, and great sex. We are going a great restaurant tonight. First time I have been at a nice Rest, in 3 months, I am so excited.Dramafree,

I think that July 4th weekend will be very busy for bus travelers back and forth from Dallas, San Antonio, Houston - Monterrey. I usually go to hole in the wall restaurants by the Meson Estella, Mercado Juarez, guachtemoc, pino suarez, madero, paseo morelos, etc. I plan on taking taxis to my destinations (Salas de masajes and walking markets and restaurants). I admire you and Elvis one on one time with your favorite chicas however. I will call hotel 500 soon to get the scoop. I think if I make a reservation ahead of time, I should be OK. They also let people in at wee hours of the morning as the bus I will be taking may arrive around 4 or 5 am.

Zygomatic
06-07-20, 23:03
And they said that as of now, all restrictions have been lifted and occupancy is back at 100 percent. Since the covid19 curve of average new cases has continued to rise, I am going to check back in a few weeks.

DramaFree11
06-09-20, 00:09
Dramafree,

I think that July 4th weekend will be very busy for bus travelers back and forth from Dallas, San Antonio, Houston - Monterrey. I usually go to hole in the wall restaurants by the Meson Estella, Mercado Juarez, guachtemoc, pino suarez, madero, paseo morelos, etc. I plan on taking taxis to my destinations (Salas de masajes and walking markets and restaurants). I admire you and Elvis one on one time with your favorite chicas however. I will call hotel 500 soon to get the scoop. I think if I make a reservation ahead of time, I should be OK. They also let people in at wee hours of the morning as the bus I will be taking may arrive around 4 or 5 am.I plan on being there that weekend, I'll send you a message to give him my number and we can meet up. Just getting back from MTY great time.

Spent two nights with one girl, another girl spent Sunday night with her And I also met with one girl during the day twice. All great sessions, and all the girls are from SA. One is a straight up Porno Star in bed, and very beautiful. Many stores are still not open, and the restaurants are very strict about social distancing. Way over the top.

DramaFree11
06-09-20, 00:11
No issues at the border or the drive to MTY. On the way back there were cops and military everywhere. They were definitely looking for someone.

Zygomatic
06-09-20, 03:23
I plan on being there that weekend, I'll send you a message to give him my number and we can meet up. Just getting back from MTY great time.

Spent two nights with one girl, another girl spent Sunday night with her And I also met with one girl during the day twice. All great sessions, and all the girls are from SA. One is a straight up Porno Star in bed, and very beautiful. Many stores are still not open, and the restaurants are very strict about social distancing. Way over the top.Dramafree,

Meeting up the 4th of July weekend sounds good. Have you ever been to Paseo Morelos? It is very accessible from either Ignacio Zaragoza or Juarez Street and is or was a major American tourist hot spot and there are many nice restaurants, stores etc. I will send you my number the week of the 4th. I hear on the news tonight here in San Antonio that there appears to be an uprise in colvid19 cases so I guess we will see what happens from now until then. Hopefully more useful information will come my way regarding safety.

DramaFree11
06-09-20, 16:12
Dramafree,

Meeting up the 4th of July weekend sounds good. Have you ever been to Paseo Morelos? It is very accessible from either Ignacio Zaragoza or Juarez Street and is or was a major American tourist hot spot and there are many nice restaurants, stores etc. I will send you my number the week of the 4th. I hear on the news tonight here in San Antonio that there appears to be an uprise in colvid19 cases so I guess we will see what happens from now until then. Hopefully more useful information will come my way regarding safety.Stop watching the News, you will feel better.

Zygomatic
06-10-20, 02:14
Stop watching the News, you will feel better.Dramafree,

What does a practical day for you usually look like for you in Monterrey. My full days in Monterrey pretty much looked the same. I would leave my hotel around 9:30 am and come back to the hotel around 4:30 pm. If I went there for the weekend, I tried to make the most out of it and bang up to 3 girls per day at the salas de masajes. When I was there for more than 7 days like maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time, my desire to bang so many girls subsided and would maybe bang 1 or 2 at most per day. I enjoyed walking around, eating, snaking, cinemas, window shopping, parks etc. I would take the metro allot because I love people watching but I will not do that anymore due to the pandemic. I would sometimes walk through some seedy areas because there are some gems there from time to time. I used to get really sun burned during sunny days. I don't plan on walking so much out in the sun anymore. I can see myself coming back to the hotel more during the day and getting some rest.

Zygomatic
06-10-20, 04:04
Remember the day we hung out in Nuevo Laredo on my way back from Monterrey? I saw American tourists and people from Nuevo Laredo coming back from shopping in Laredo. I remember seeing maybe a few members of the caravans here and there which I found very interesting. I wish I could talk to some of them, especially the ones from Africa. Are they still in Nuevo Laredo trying to cross into the US side? It appears that some of those people already have people in Laredo waiting for them. Is there any fun to be had in Nuevo Laredo these days? Are the panhandlers still working the sidewalks of Nuevo Laredo. I am not a big fan of having someone take me under their wing LOL. I mean, with you I know that you are a real friend and everything is cool.

George03
06-10-20, 06:54
Dramafree,

What does a practical day for you usually look like for you in Monterrey. My full days in Monterrey pretty much looked the same. I would leave my hotel around 9:30 am and come back to the hotel around 4:30 pm. If I went there for the weekend, I tried to make the most out of it and bang up to 3 girls per day at the salas de masajes. When I was there for more than 7 days like maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time, my desire to bang so many girls subsided and would maybe bang 1 or 2 at most per day. I enjoyed walking around, eating, snaking, cinemas, window shopping, parks etc. I would take the metro allot because I love people watching but I will not do that anymore due to the pandemic. I would sometimes walk through some seedy areas because there are some gems there from time to time. I used to get really sun burned during sunny days. I don't plan on walking so much out in the sun anymore. I can see myself coming back to the hotel more during the day and getting some rest.Isn't this the Nuevo Laredo forum?

Elvis 2008
06-10-20, 09:38
Dramafree,

What does a practical day for you usually look like for you in Monterrey. My full days in Monterrey pretty much looked the same. I would leave my hotel around 9:30 am and come back to the hotel around 4:30 pm. If I went there for the weekend, I tried to make the most out of it and bang up to 3 girls per day at the salas de masajes. When I was there for more than 7 days like maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time, my desire to bang so many girls subsided and would maybe bang 1 or 2 at most per day. I enjoyed walking around, eating, snaking, cinemas, window shopping, parks etc. I would take the metro allot because I love people watching but I will not do that anymore due to the pandemic. I would sometimes walk through some seedy areas because there are some gems there from time to time. I used to get really sun burned during sunny days. I don't plan on walking so much out in the sun anymore. I can see myself coming back to the hotel more during the day and getting some rest.Zygo, are you doing the studios still? I didn't partake on Twitter, but I saw some great values.

Zygomatic
06-10-20, 15:41
Zygo, are you doing the studios still? I didn't partake on Twitter, but I saw some great values.The last time I went to Monterrey was back in February and the only girls I bang are from the studios. I don't feel comfortable bringing back working girls to the hotel unless she's a good friend of mine. Sometimes studio girls become good friends and will want to visit me outside the studio but with so many good options, I just prefer to go for more variety at any of the studios. But now things have changed so I will see how it goes 4 of July.

Info1
06-10-20, 17:46
Zygo, are you doing the studios still? I didn't partake on Twitter, but I saw some great values.What's a studio? A Casa de cita?

Zygomatic
06-11-20, 00:08
What's a studio? A Casa de cita?Yes, it's a brothel that is covered up as either a massage parlor or maybe a spa for men, depending what city you live in. In Houston, they are known as Studio's so it was easy for me to associate Studio with Sala De Masaje.

Zygomatic
06-11-20, 00:13
I spoke with a good friend who works at one of the famous Salas De Masajes in Monterrey that just re-opened up Friday or Saturday of last week and she told me there is talk of shutting it down again due to the high number of deaths occurring by covid19. I checked the curve and it appears to be flattening again but when I said that same thing last week, it just rose again after a couple of days. I will keep my fingers crossed.

DramaFree11
06-11-20, 02:25
Dramafree,

What does a practical day for you usually look like for you in Monterrey. My full days in Monterrey pretty much looked the same. I would leave my hotel around 9:30 am and come back to the hotel around 4:30 pm. If I went there for the weekend, I tried to make the most out of it and bang up to 3 girls per day at the salas de masajes. When I was there for more than 7 days like maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time, my desire to bang so many girls subsided and would maybe bang 1 or 2 at most per day. I enjoyed walking around, eating, snaking, cinemas, window shopping, parks etc. I would take the metro allot because I love people watching but I will not do that anymore due to the pandemic. I would sometimes walk through some seedy areas because there are some gems there from time to time. I used to get really sun burned during sunny days. I don't plan on walking so much out in the sun anymore. I can see myself coming back to the hotel more during the day and getting some rest.I am mostly using Seeking Arrangements. We can make a day of it and you can show me around to the SPA. Hopefully more will be open then. I'll buy lunch.

A lot of the girls I have been meeting on SA will spend the night. If they are freaks in bed then I am up for it. My game plan is real starting to work. Having issue with they High Escort they blocked me for sending one chick packing. I will figure it out. Love MTY.

Zygomatic
06-11-20, 04:09
Isn't this the Nuevo Laredo forum?I don't mean any disrespect but the reason I don't post in the Monterrey forum is because there are certain types of ugly Americans who don't really fit with the culture in Monterrey. Many of them complain, are rude or even make fun of the locals. I used to read the Monterrey section allot before I started going there myself. But then I learned my way around. I even started giving very detailed reports in the Monterrey section. Then after more and more trips there, I realized that I was attracting the types of Americans that I am referring to by posting my reports. Bbond, Dramafree and a few other's keeps me coming back here to the Nuevo Laredo forum. I hope Bbond is OK since I haven't him post recently.

Beavis
06-11-20, 08:00
These boards have destroyed many a good destination. There is a reason Americans are hated by so many other countries. No group of people anywhere can be more disrespectful when in another man's country. That's one of the reasons I retired in Asia. Very few of them are willing to make the trip and you don't get the weekend wannabes.

I don't mean any disrespect but the reason I don't post in the Monterrey forum is because there are certain types of ugly Americans who don't really fit with the culture in Monterrey. Many of them complain, are rude or even make fun of the locals. I used to read the Monterrey section allot before I started going there myself. But then I learned my way around. I even started giving very detailed reports in the Monterrey section. Then after more and more trips there, I realized that I was attracting the types of Americans that I am referring to by posting my reports. Bbond, Dramafree and a few other's keeps me coming back here to the Nuevo Laredo forum. I hope Bbond is OK since I haven't him post recently.

Zygomatic
06-11-20, 17:03
These boards have destroyed many a good destination. There is a reason Americans are hated by so many other countries. No group of people anywhere can be more disrespectful when in another man's country. That's one of the reasons I retired in Asia. Very few of them are willing to make the trip and you don't get the weekend wannabes.Hey Beavis,

Many people don't know that you are an original founder of the Nuevo Laredo Boys Town Army (NLBTA). What year was that? If it wasn't for you, allot of us probably would not have even gotten into this hobby. Thanks brother.

Bbond
06-11-20, 20:51
I hope Bbond is OK since I haven't him post recently.Thanks for the concern Zygo. I been quiet, not a lot to report. I live here, so I see a lot, but it is old hat. I see my GF regularly, and have some regular stand bys when she is not available. I try to answer questions and concerns, but lately, there hasn't been much of those, due to the present circumstances.

Zygomatic
06-13-20, 18:18
I am including 2 recent you tube links where in Monterrey, they are still restricting certain businesses to remain closed, including spas. The other video from this morning, is in McAllen where a letter was written to the president encouraging to open the border for tourism because the border closure has crippled their economy.

Also, I just spoke with friend who works at a spa in Monterrey and she said that the police raided their business and took all the men clients but left the girls. I have another friend who is working at a different spas but has not told me anything dangerous. One spa chain only has 1 out of 4 spa in operation with only 8 girls when it used to be about 15 girls just at that one location. And, they are not advertising on twitter.

We are now in a second wave of covid19 in San Antonio. It really really sucks here. San Antonio has to be the worse city in America to find decent girls at. Traveling on July 4th is a huge risk considering that it is a super busy travel weekend between Mexico and Texas. I don't mean to sound negative.

https://youtu.be/K7U-y_C7PtM

https://youtu.be/vKJuiORo6-4

HBoy54
06-14-20, 02:40
Hey Beavis,

Many people don't know that you are an original founder of the Nuevo Laredo Boys Town Army (NLBTA). What year was that? If it wasn't for you, allot of us probably would not have even gotten into this hobby. Thanks brother.Second that!

Zygomatic
06-14-20, 04:45
I am not going to say anything, just look at these 2 youtube videos if you are interested to know more on why San Antonio sucks for people like me / us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-LElxx4k6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AyYILH0Qdc

DramaFree11
06-14-20, 19:47
I am not going to say anything, just look at these 2 youtube videos if you are interested to know more on why San Antonio sucks for people like me / us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-LElxx4k6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AyYILH0QdcSorry, I have to disagree with you on this one. Before the Virus I was using Seeking Arrangement in SA and did very good. Also, much cheaper then Austin or Houston, way more fun then those places as well. Mexico is definitely better, but there are definitely some hot ones in SA. But the start at $300.

Zygomatic
06-14-20, 23:47
Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this one. Before the Virus I was using Seeking Arrangement in SA and did very good. Also, much cheaper then Austin or Houston, way more fun then those places as well. Mexico is definitely better, but there are definitely some hot ones in SA. But the start at $300.I need to log into my Seeking Arrangement account again and try it out. I agree that it's a great platform. I wouldn't pay $300 now. I remember when things were much easier (pre Trump days). I used to get on Plenty Of Fish and find a pretty young black girl who would do the same thing a Seeking Arrangement girl would do for much cheaper. I miss those days allot (not too long ago). San Antonio is a Family oriented town with allot of deprived men. I won't get into the politics. I am glad we are so close to the border. I see that tourism is starting to open up again in Mexico. Hopefully things will get closer to normal in Monterrey. I hope that Traffic light system they have gets closer to green soon and police will leave the city alone during the July 4th Holidays. I already have a few of my favorite girls lined up waiting for me.

Beavis
06-15-20, 06:01
I think it was 2002 I started the NLBTA, I met a lot of the members as KosherCowboy, Borderbanger and I made a lot of weekend trips to boys town back then. Those were the days. This board was in the process of being revamped about then. I think Jackson had just acquired it as it had sat dormant for a while. Yes I have been at this for a long time, of course I still get told how things work by some of the internet warriors LOL. On a Saturday night there were probably 300-500 girls in Boys Town. Not sure how close that number is but I can just think of all the bars open and with the door girls I am sure that is right on the money.

Wish I would have never deleted that group. It became saturated with smart asses so I dumped it and tried to make a private group but it never caught on. I remember many of the girls from those days.

Hey Beavis,

Many people don't know that you are an original founder of the Nuevo Laredo Boys Town Army (NLBTA). What year was that? If it wasn't for you, allot of us probably would not have even gotten into this hobby. Thanks brother.

SubComm
06-16-20, 21:26
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/06/16/when-us-canada-border-open-july-us-mexico-border/3199173001/

Zygomatic
06-16-20, 23:50
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2020/06/16/when-us-canada-border-open-july-us-mexico-border/3199173001/So it's actually a good thing, especially for those non american's coming into the USA who laugh at our country anytime there is a crisis or get free benefits. On the other hand, I think that American Citizens would not have a problem coming back into the USA.

Dramafree, have you still been having to prove to USA border patrol that you were in Mexico due to essential travel or was that only something you had to prove to officials and / or hotels on the Mexican side?

DramaFree11
06-17-20, 02:24
So it's actually a good thing, especially for those non american's coming into the USA who laugh at our country anytime there is a crisis or get free benefits. On the other hand, I think that American Citizens would not have a problem coming back into the USA.

Dramafree, have you still been having to prove to USA border patrol that you were in Mexico due to essential travel or was that only something you had to prove to officials and / or hotels on the Mexican side?Coming back is easy. Airbnb / Hotels are open, but many stores and restaurants still not open or limited hours. I am more worried going into Mexico, because I am not essential. They always let me go, but they do ask a lot of questions.

Dr Ballz
06-17-20, 15:58
If you are not too choosy, the Fiesta downtown is open. I know a few guys that stay there when they visit. Corner of Pino Suarez and Ocampo.Thanks for the info Bbond, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, the funny thing there is that when I looked out the window in my room I can see the border and a CBP car that is hiding under trees.

Bbond
06-17-20, 21:29
(snip) been having to prove to USA border patrol that you were in Mexico due to essential travel or was that only something you had to prove to officials and / or hotels on the Mexican side?Zygo, I cross regularly, 2 x this week so far, and am going across again tomorrow. There are no restrictions for Americans entering the USA.

Bbond
06-17-20, 21:36
Thanks for the info Bbond, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, the funny thing there is that when I looked out the window in my room I can see the border and a CBP car that is hiding under trees.Well for those that can spend the money, that is a nice place to stay. But I wouldn't, even if I could afford it. To far from my comfort zone, which happens to be downtown, downtown where some here fear to tread. What's funny about seeing border patrol hiding in trees, they are not hiding, but rather sitting in the shade acting as a deterrent to illegal crossers.

Zygomatic
06-18-20, 03:06
Well for those that can spend the money, that is a nice place to stay. But I wouldn't, even if I could afford it. To far from my comfort zone, which happens to be downtown, downtown where some here fear to tread. What's funny about seeing border patrol hiding in trees, they are not hiding, but rather sitting in the shade acting as a deterrent to illegal crossers.Hi Bbond,

When it comes to non working girls, do you think girls from Nuevo Laredo are more down to earth than the ones from Laredo, TX. I have been swiping in tinder and am coming to the conclusion that crossing the border into Nuevo Laredo would be worth it to meet tinder girls. In general, I think Laredo girls are more friendly than girls in San Antonio. But I think that many of the Laredo girls have unfortunately become too Americanized in comparison to the girls in Nuevo Laredo. When Nuevo Laredo is only a bridge away, I am thinking that it would be worth going there if I could find a trust worthy dating parter.

Bbond
06-21-20, 17:11
Hi Bbond,

When it comes to non working girls, do you think girls from Nuevo Laredo are more down to earth than the ones from Laredo, TX. I have been swiping in tinder and am coming to the conclusion that crossing the border into Nuevo Laredo would be worth it to meet tinder girls. In general, I think Laredo girls are more friendly than girls in San Antonio. But I think that many of the Laredo girls have unfortunately become too Americanized in comparison to the girls in Nuevo Laredo. When Nuevo Laredo is only a bridge away, I am thinking that it would be worth going there if I could find a trust worthy dating parter.Can't honestly answer that. Just that women are women, you can find good one and bad ones no matter where you look.

HarleyEvo20
06-24-20, 04:38
Planning a trip down to Nuevo Laredo soon Just wondering have any of the bars reopened yet?

CenTexCrash
06-24-20, 06:26
Went down last weekend for a non-monger mission. Drop off a vehicle with an ex-pat living on Mex side then take Greyhound home. Here are some observations:

-Bridge/border officials on both sides wore masks but didn't ask any Covid related questions, let me pass thru like any other day.

-Driving Tex into Mex- Bridge 2 closed, all vehicles that made the mistake of weaving toward Outlet Shoppes are kicked back must weave back toward IH-35 and enter Mex thru Bridge 1.

-Walking Mex back into Tex-Border Patrol's nice fancy building at Bridge 2 is tentatively closed. Two Vehicle lanes/booths have been temporarily converted into 4 pedestrian lines. Appears like the far right lane moved the slowest. No cover during clear skies, suggest wearing sunscreen.

-Only sectors heavily looking out for virus are retail and restaurants, a door person points temperature sensor at your forehead, gives you a dab of hand sanitizer. Eateries at 50% of normal seating, a few have tables topped with clear plastic mat easy to clean and has menu under clear mat to read off of without touching.

-At night, 1 in 15 people wore masks, but at day time maybe 10-12 out of 15 people wore masks.

-Think I saw working girls hanging around Guerrero near Emiliano's.

-Seedier off brand Motel Nuevo Leon seemed to be operating normally.

-Bus ride back towards San Antonio/Dallas, at Mile 29 inspection in past rides, agents would board the Greyhound, move front to back. This time, they had all passengers exit bus and stand outside awkwardly 6 feet apart on a grass knoll, one by one show them our ID's then each rider gets directed back onto bus.

Am going back down next Saturday morning to pick up said car. Am tempted to make trip down to Monterrey but unsure if hotels and monger options are available (doubtful).

Elvis 2008
06-24-20, 20:09
Am going back down next Saturday morning to pick up said car. Am tempted to make trip down to Monterrey but unsure if hotels and monger options are available (doubtful).CTC, there are plenty of hotels open, some restaurants, and I had no problem finding women on Seeking or on Twitter. I did not partake with any Twitter escort women, but I wish I had.

Bbond
06-24-20, 23:29
-Driving Tex into Mex- Bridge 2 closed, all vehicles that made the mistake of weaving toward Outlet Shoppes are kicked back must weave back toward IH-35 and enter Mex thru Bridge 1.

-Walking Mex back into Tex-Border Patrol's nice fancy building at Bridge 2 is tentatively closed. Two Vehicle lanes/booths have been temporarily converted into 4 pedestrian lines. Appears like the far right lane moved the slowest. No cover during clear skies, suggest wearing sunscreen.
You have your bridge numbers reversed.

Zygomatic
06-27-20, 00:56
You have your bridge numbers reversed.Is it possible to buy the dexamethasone steriod in Nuevo Laredo, the drug which is saving lives of people with covid19?

Thanks.

Elvis 2008
06-27-20, 06:03
Is it possible to buy the dexamethasone steriod in Nuevo Laredo, the drug which is saving lives of people with covid19?

Thanks.I don't know Laredo, but I would be shocked if you could not. If not Laredo, I am sure you could get it in Progreso. Shoot, they sell oxycontin and Fentanyl there.

By the way, even though dexamethasone was studied, I would be surprised if all the anti-inflammatory steroids did not have a similar effect. In the USA, you can buy anti-inflammatory nasal steroids, Flonase and Nasalcort over the counter and use them in place of dexamethasone.

Just as a FYI, the virus seems to be triggering the immune system to attack the body. Hydroxychloroquine is used for lupus and with lupus, the body attacks its soft tissues. Thing with Covid is that the virus may not be the problem but the body overreacting to the virus and attacking itself. Immune stimulators like Elderberry and ibuprofen have been associated with increased deaths while immune suppressors like steroids and HCQ have been making people live longer.

Bbond
06-27-20, 19:59
Is it possible to buy the dexamethasone steriod in Nuevo Laredo, the drug which is saving lives of people with covid19?
Thanks.Check this, and it is cheap too.

https://www.fahorro.com/dexametasona-0-75-mg-oral-30-tabletas.html

Zygomatic
06-28-20, 02:47
I don't know Laredo, but I would be shocked if you could not. If not Laredo, I am sure you could get it in Progreso. Shoot, they sell oxycontin and Fentanyl there.

By the way, even though dexamethasone was studied, I would be surprised if all the anti-inflammatory steroids did not have a similar effect. In the USA, you can buy anti-inflammatory nasal steroids, Flonase and Nasalcort over the counter and use them in place of dexamethasone.

Just as a FYI, the virus seems to be triggering the immune system to attack the body. Hydroxychloroquine is used for lupus and with lupus, the body attacks its soft tissues. Thing with Covid is that the virus may not be the problem but the body overreacting to the virus and attacking itself. Immune stimulators like Elderberry and ibuprofen have been associated with increased deaths while immune suppressors like steroids and HCQ have been making people live longer.Well I kinda wanted to bring it back to the United states so I can have it on hand in case I get the virus. I don't know if bringing back steroids to the USA is legal. Does anyone know?

Bbond
06-28-20, 16:08
I don't know if bringing back steroids to the USA is legal. Does anyone know?You are allowed to bring FDA-approved prescription medications back into the United States for your personal use, with the following stipulations. In general, you may bring up to 50 dosage units without a prescription.

To bring more than 50 dosage units across the boarder you need a prescription from an FDA-approved USA Physician. A prescription from a Mexican doctor is no longer acceptable. However, USA Customs agents may prohibit a supply that is for more than 60 to 90 days.

All medications must be declared upon arrival and be in their original containers. Drugs that are not approved by the USA Food and Drug Administration may not be acceptable for such importation. It is against the law not to properly declare imported medications with USA Customs.

Bbond
06-28-20, 17:55
Well I kinda wanted to bring it back to the United states so I can have it on hand in case I get the virus. I don't know if bringing back steroids to the USA is legal. Does anyone know?Should not be a problem, https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/daf/index.cfm?event=overview.process&ApplNo=040491 that drug is FDA approved.

Cocr Brotheler
06-28-20, 22:23
You are allowed to bring FDA-approved prescription medications back into the United States for your personal use, with the following stipulations. In general, you may bring up to 50 dosage units without a prescription.

To bring more than 50 dosage units across the boarder you need a prescription from an FDA-approved USA Physician. A prescription from a Mexican doctor is no longer acceptable. However, USA Customs agents may prohibit a supply that is for more than 60 to 90 days.

All medications must be declared upon arrival and be in their original containers. Drugs that are not approved by the USA Food and Drug Administration may not be acceptable for such importation. It is against the law not to properly declare imported medications with USA Customs.How about control drugs like Xanax or Soma? Thanks.

Elvis 2008
06-28-20, 22:51
Well I kinda wanted to bring it back to the United states so I can have it on hand in case I get the virus. I don't know if bringing back steroids to the USA is legal. Does anyone know?Yes, dexamethasone is legal to bring back.

Elvis 2008
06-28-20, 22:57
How about control drugs like Xanax or Soma? Thanks.That one is yes and no. You can bring back a controlled substance without a prescription per federal law. But in Texas, if you have a controlled substance and it is not in a prescription bottle, you are breaking Texas law.

Now if you want to skirt this and not get caught, keep in mind the police have to have probable cause to search you. When you are walking, it is harder to detain you when in your car. Once you are in your car though, the cops can pretty much search it at will, however what the cops cannot do is open up a sealed envelope that is part of the mail service. Now, I know this law was trying to be changed, but if you really want to be safe, you would put the pills into a US mail envelope and seal it, and the only way that can be opened is via a warrant.

Bbond
06-28-20, 23:43
How about control drugs like Xanax or Soma? Thanks.You will need Rx from an American doctor. They are on to the fake Mexican doctor Rx scheme.

Bbond
06-29-20, 02:53
How about control drugs like Xanax or Soma? Thanks.Found this.

If a USA Resident wants to bring in a controlled substance (other than narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD) but does not have a prescription for the substance issued by a USA -licensed practitioner (e. G. , physician, dentist, etc.) who is registered with, and authorized by, the Drug Enforcement Administration to prescribe the medication, the individual may not import more than 50 dosage units of the medication into the United States. If the USA Resident has a prescription for the controlled substance issued by a DEA registrant, more than 50 dosage units may be imported by that person, provided all other legal requirements are met."

Beavis
06-29-20, 05:03
How about control drugs like Xanax or Soma? Thanks.The Nuevo Progreso border checkpoint will allow you to bring 2 bottles of Xanax.

Zygomatic
07-02-20, 01:28
There is a new law in Monterrey that puts you in a Mexican prison if you knowingly infect someone else with covid19. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJaHzHnimxA.

DramaFree11
07-02-20, 03:57
There is a new law in Monterrey that puts you in a Mexican prison if you knowingly infect someone else with covid19. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJaHzHnimxA.Just wear your mask and you will have no issues. It you get sick, just go back to SA. Very easy.

Zygomatic
07-03-20, 02:19
Just wear your mask and you will have no issues. It you get sick, just go back to SA. Very easy.Since I don't want to get sick, I am thinking of driving to Laredo and walking the bridge to meet a girl from tinder and maybe see an old friend in Laredo. I doubt that I will even have sex but any sort of trip is a big improvement over being stuck in my apartment.

DramaFree11
07-04-20, 23:34
MTY Trip.

The good news, is I am on MTY and having fun and banging a lot of chicks. Bad news they have closed everything again in MTY for the weekend. I am not sure about Laredo, but MYY is shut down. Also major restrictions have been placed driving across the border. Travel Saturday and Sunday will not be an issue. During the week is a different story. Very Strict now at least on paper, you need to research before you attempt to cross.

I will post more later.

YouHadMeAtbbbj
07-05-20, 03:05
So is there anything in Laredo, Texas? Any girls that can safely travel into the US, even if they're overpriced?

Because man, this place is dead on the usual escort sites?

Zygomatic
07-05-20, 15:06
I don't know much but I like to drive down to the OMEX bus station right before the bus to Monterrey leaves from San Antonio just to see what the vibe is like and although there were people there Thursday night, the vibe looked kinda depressing. Mostly guys traveling. Some dudes (very few) not wearing mask. I didn't go to Nuevo Laredo as everything was closed. It turned out that my Tinder girl used photo shop and in real life she is not very attractive. The girls in Monterrey are naturally beautiful. They never use photo shop on Tinder down there. I may take a 2 week vacation soon and I want to stay at a nice airbnb. I would end up taking the bus but during a weekday when not very many people are going and I would use a greyhound bus. I know that in Monterrey, everything closes on the weekend. I could just stay at home (airbnb) on weekends and have girls visit me. My airbnb condo would be right next to a large supermarket so I could cook at home. During the week I would just use Uber and hit up some restaurants that I know of.

Bbond
07-08-20, 08:22
So is there anything in Laredo, Texas? Any girls that can safely travel into the US, even if they're overpriced? Because man, this place is dead on the usual escort sites?If you had an inbox, I could pass to you a number I have with girls available both sides of bridge. They send photos via whatsapp as to what is available. I have not used them, but know a couple guys that have. Recommend you get he full membership, and get the ability to send and receive messages privately.

Zygomatic
07-10-20, 03:16
If you had an inbox, I could pass to you a number I have with girls available both sides of bridge. They send photos via whatsapp as to what is available. I have not used them, but know a couple guys that have. Recommend you get he full membership, and get the ability to send and receive messages privately.So now officials giving out fines to people who break quarantine if they have covid or are asymptomatic unless they have a negative result. Not sure how this law can be enforced and not sure if it's in Laredo Texas or Nuevo Laredo.

https://youtu.be/OacV4vKYsCI

Bbond
07-10-20, 18:53
So now officials giving out fines to people who break quarantine if they have covid or are asymptomatic unless they have a negative result. Not sure how this law can be enforced and not sure if it's in Laredo Texas or Nuevo Laredo.https://youtu.be/OacV4vKYsCIIt clearly shows in the beginning of the video that it is Laredo, TX. But it is even worse in NL, you must wear a mask, at all times outside, even alone in your own vehicle. Many people still ignore this, but it is the law, and you can be fined for violating it. It now has been announced, this weekend, all supermarkets, oxxos and the like, are to be closed, as well as no buses or taxis will be permitted to operate.

DramaFree11
07-10-20, 20:20
It clearly shows in the beginning of the video that it is Laredo, TX. But it is even worse in NL, you must wear a mask, at all times outside, even alone in your own vehicle. Many people still ignore this, but it is the law, and you can be fined for violating it. It now has been announced, this weekend, all supermarkets, oxxos and the like, are to be closed, as well as no buses or taxis will be permitted to operate.I have been there the last 3 weekends, just wear a mask, it is no big deal.

DramaFree11
07-12-20, 15:36
Bad news, they are closing MTY down for two weeks. More bad news. I'm not sure about the Rado, but probably the same.

Zygomatic
07-12-20, 21:11
Bad news, they are closing MTY down for two weeks. More bad news. I'm not sure about the Rado, but probably the same.What exactly does that mean? I know that they are already closing restaurants on the weekends? Its strange that nothing about any new closings have been reported on the news.

DramaFree11
07-13-20, 01:33
What exactly does that mean? I know that they are already closing restaurants on the weekends? Its strange that nothing about any new closings have been reported on the news.Checkpoints are going back up and allegedly closing down for 2 weeks.

DramaFree11
07-13-20, 19:26
Checkpoints are going back up and allegedly closing down for 2 weeks.Update most business are open today, so maybe just a rumor.

AlxChido
07-15-20, 22:38
Anybody knows if Boystown is open these days? I'm at Mexico right now and I don't know if I should go to Laredo.

Bbond
07-16-20, 23:44
Anybody knows if Boystown is open these days? I'm at Mexico right now and I don't know if I should go to Laredo.It's open, but you would be wasting your time going out there. I have never seen it so dead as it is now.

Cocr Brotheler
07-17-20, 04:03
Found this.

If a USA Resident wants to bring in a controlled substance (other than narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or LSD) but does not have a prescription for the substance issued by a USA -licensed practitioner (e. G. , physician, dentist, etc.) who is registered with, and authorized by, the Drug Enforcement Administration to prescribe the medication, the individual may not import more than 50 dosage units of the medication into the United States. If the USA Resident has a prescription for the controlled substance issued by a DEA registrant, more than 50 dosage units may be imported by that person, provided all other legal requirements are met."Thank you. I have seen this info. before in other threads here and maybe on CRT. Think I dug up this also on the DEA web-site. If anyone has a reference this on DEA's web-site can you please PM me or post? I don't really even like both drugs anymore but they help me sleep. Zolpidem (Ambien) my favorite. I have found that if I can exercise regularly I don't even need these but with indoor gyms and pools closed / restricted and hot as phuck this time of year in Texas very hard to get good quality exercise in. I hate hate walking / running on treadmills indoors.

All this and with heat here TX and unable to escape to CR or CO for fresh mountain air is like I got ants ants crawling up my butthole and body. Crazy!!! I'm going crazy. I have trip booked to TJ in Sept. but scared to even pick of SWs who may have had customers who deposited COVID droplets in their hair then I smell their hair. Think the TJ SWs would be offended if I gently wipe their hair with Sani-wipes before sessioning? I also have option to drive to Monterrey which I really enjoyed it last summer.

Cocr Brotheler
07-17-20, 04:12
The Nuevo Progreso border checkpoint will allow you to bring 2 bottles of Xanax.Do they sell Zolpis too (Ambien)? Thinking it worth a trip down this weekend to PROG if for anything to get out of Austin and into el campo.

I went to PROG in March 2015 and enjoyed walking around the chill town. I even went a couple / few blocks off the main area to check it out!

Zygomatic
07-19-20, 02:40
I have been stocking up on the necessary supplies for a trip that I am planning to Monterrey in mid August. I haven't been to Monterrey since February which is when covid was just an afterthought that people thought would never hit the western hemisphere. I am planning on staying at an Airbnb in downtown Monterrey but next to a super soriana. I expect the situation to be bad but stable. The covid curve has been flat in Mexico for the last week or so and a friend told me that Monterrey plans to open up in August but not sure to what extent. I hope Mexico will allow Americans into mexico since the curve here in the states is still on an upward trend. I plan on taking the bus to Monterrey. I see plenty of people taking the bus to Monterrey. I would likely take grey hound since they are more likely to be safer in my opinion. Does anyone know if the border agents are being too strict at the border? I saw in the news the other day that officials are closing outdoor markets 7 days a week in Monterrey. I don't have to be out walking the streets in Monterrey like I used to do. I don't mind spending a little more money on uber's with nice air conditioning. I think it shouldn't be too hard for me to find uber's who would be willing to drive me around, if I feel comfortable with them.

Beavis
07-19-20, 04:15
Do they sell Zolpis too (Ambien)? Thinking it worth a trip down this weekend to PROG if for anything to get out of Austin and into el campo.

I went to PROG in March 2015 and enjoyed walking around the chill town. I even went a couple / few blocks off the main area to check it out!I do not know but most likely they have it.

Conick2000
07-19-20, 06:32
Are there any short time motels in Monterrey where you pay by the hour. Usually I just get a regular nice size hotel but I've been dating this woman in Monterrey. She has a nose for sniffing out other women. I don't want to bring escorts to my nice hotel then her come to the hotel afterwards. I think this time I need to bring the escorts to a short time hotel.

Bbond
07-19-20, 11:36
Do they sell Zolpis too (Ambien)? Thinking it worth a trip down this weekend to PROG if for anything to get out of Austin and into el campo.Yes, it is, available in 10 MG and 20 MG tablets.

Info1
07-20-20, 22:22
I was going to south Mexico to see a young lady I've seen every few months for the past 5 years. I met her on SA. Not interested in getting into that conversation. I've used both SA and more "traditional" methods. If you want a less expensive with more GFE, then SA is the way to go. If you put in the time and effort. That said, the best long term or several toda la noches I've ever had was from a true working girl. This trip was thrown together at the last minute for the July 4th weekend, so flying direct was way too expensive. The plan was drive to Laredo (11 hours). Long term park, walk across, bus to MTY, Vivaaerobus for $70 and flight of 1. 5 hours, then I'm there. Rental car, gas, parking, and Viva ticket $375 and 22 hours. Cheapest flight $860 and 19 hours.

Friday the 3rd, I hit Laredo with only 10 minutes to park, cross, and make the last bus of the day and the last one that would get me to MTY on time. I knew I wasn't going to make it and the trip was screwed. I made the effort just to sweat and call the young lady from inside Mexico and say I did everything I could. Crossing the border there were no questions or issues. I went through the disinfectant tunnel where it was more spitting than misting the solution. Scanned my bag and was motioned to keep on going. The hotel a couple of blocks south of the Herradura bar was full. Not in the best mood I said screw it, crossed back over and went to the Embassy Suites using reward points and slept like a baby in cold room.

Saturday morning I crossed the border just to walk around since I was there. Did that for a couple of hours. Got my boots shined in the second park south of the bridge. Probably one of the best shoe shines I have ever had anywhere. I saw several ladies around that could have been available but I wasn't sure as they weren't "soliciting" or dressed as they were. I asked the shoe shine guy afterward and he looked around the park and said there weren't any out. On my way to cross back a young guy at the park closest to the bridge offered me prescriptions then pretty much anything else I wanted. I asked about a thin, young, lady. He introduced me to Margaritte (She was not young (35-40? Not thin, and OK looking. To her credit, she was nice, fun, and willing. $800 to her for 1. 5 hours, $150 for the room, and a $200 propina for the young man. He did get her, walked with us to the hotel, and was near when I left and asked if everything was good. $1150 total. I imagine that it was more than it should have been but I was more worried about me and my schedule than paying $200 less. I did request a massage be included and she was good at a legitimate massage and knew the best time for it to get illegitimate. After all that driving behind me and the amount I was about to do, it was perfect. After the massage she went the extra mile and I realized the value in an older lady skills in certain situations.

Both times crossing back into the US, one at night around 11 pm and one in the afternoon around 2 pm. Both times, I walked up to the booth had my temperature taken as they took my passport. Standard questions how long was I gone and the reason. I said I was going to MTY for a dentist appointment and missed the bus. The young agent was polite and didn't ask any other questions. They did a cursory glance at my bag while asking if I had anything to declare. Second time through they didn't even ask to open them.

Bbond
07-24-20, 03:48
Both times crossing back into the US, one at night around 11 pm and one in the afternoon around 2 pm. Both times, I walked up to the booth had my temperature taken as they took my passport. Standard questions how long was I gone and the reason.I live in NL, cross frequently, last time was Wednesday 7/23, I have never had my temperature taken on the USA side. Entering Mexico, every time, entering USA, never. Not saying they don't do that, but I have never seen it.