PDA

View Full Version : Miramar

Admin
05-11-02, 01:37
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Organicgrowth
10-24-02, 12:38
Gentlemen,

Nothing? Nada? Must be some action other than the clubs...?

Regards, Havanaman

Catire
10-28-02, 17:16
Miramar, which though previously thought of as a La Habana suburb, is now pretty much thought of as part of La Habana proper, and certainly a key component of the metropolitan area.

Action? you mean like "fucky-fucky, sucky-sucky"??

Stick to tourist clubs or walking the streets of Centro Havana.

In Miramar, I would suggest not looking like a loser and walking up to an attractive Cubana and saying:

"oye, que linda tu eres. Me encantan tus ojos"

or a facsimile thereof.

Then ask her out. Go out on a date. Like real person.

In Cuba, "action" often follows.

Just a suggestion.

TeddyBoy
08-30-03, 16:27
Miramar is the most desirable Havana neighborhood to live in. This is where the embassies are , Marina Hemingway, Johnnies Rio Club, and the most upscale residences .

I saw a beautiful casa particular for rent at a reasonable rate, includiing cable TV, air conditioning, phone and private bathroom for $30 a night. The problem is.....Miramar is quite a drive, approximately 30 minutes, to the main action which is primarily in Veija and Old Havana.

That is why most mongers prefer to stay in Vedado. It is almost as nice as Miramar and much closer to the action.

Saint
01-05-04, 04:49
Miramar is THE place to stay if you're coming to hobby. Actually the "30 minute" quote is way off. Miramar isn't that far from Havana Viejo. Most of the nice rentals are between Calle 16 - Calle 30. My friends and I stayed in 3 separate places on Calle 28 and Calle 30 between 1st and 3rd. The great thing is many of these are totally private entrances so it's like getting your own apartment. You don't have to worry about running into the casa owner or waking them up. A nice one is about $30 - $35 a night.

The key to staying in Miramar is having your own rental car. If you don't then you might not want to stay out here. Taxi's can be hard to get sometimes. There are some on 5th Street but many are full. One afternoon I had problems flagging one down and walked to the Melia Cohibe. It wasn't as far as I thought. The drive is short. There aren't that many cars on the Malecon so you can drive all the way from one end to the other very easily and quickly.

There are several girls in the daytime on Calle 5 but I never picked any up. I'm not into street walkers and action in Cuba is largely made up of the SW scene. I saw a few cute girls standing around but the majority weren't good. Some looked too young to even think about. The action starts to disappear once it gets dark. After then beware as I heard many transvestites walking the streets.

Many are standing on the side of the road and will ask if you will "give them a ride". If so you just pick them up and you can talk in the car. I saw several getting picked up. I imagine costs would be low as the hottie girls in the club were getting $40 - $50. You could probably cut that figure in half or maybe a little more. There are cops everywhere on many major intersections of Miramar. The cops for the most part must have a hands off attitude as many girls are standing right in front of them.

There are some great restaurants in Miramar. Try the restaurant on 7th street and Calle 24. I can't remember the name now but will post later. It was excellent. A great meal was about $20 per person with dinner, dessert, coffee and one drink. There is also a great Paladar on Calle 10 in between 5th and 3rd. Go around to the back. A good entree was about $12-$15. These two had great service but I found the majority of the places here to have horrible service. The waiters at the Ingleterra were the worst. They rarely smiled or said thank you when you tipped them.

There is also a pretty good Seafood restaurant on 1st along the water in Miramar. I think it's between Calle 20 and Calle 10. It isn't cheap though. I took a date there with the fellas. It was a great time. She ordered a steak and lobster dinner and it was $25. Still cheap by US standards but my portion of the bill with tip was almost $100 US. The singers were joking around with us as we were the only ones in the place. They would make lyrics up to songs about us and the girls were were with. They called Seaman's girl "la rubia peligrosa". Which was true.

Johnny's Rio club is in the start of Miramar. There were some hot girls in it but most are jaded pros. I sessioned with two girls from the club. One was super hot but not a good session. The other was a great session but not that hot. Go figure. Admission is $10 and drinks are $3 - $5 @. It closes at 2 AM weekdays and 3 AM on weekends. I went back there again my last night on a Saturday and the action was horrible at around 12:30 AM. I wouldn't go back there again. The hot spot right now for action is at La Chorrera at the end of the Malecon near Miramar. It's the place that looks like a little old fort.

Make sure after dark you don't make any U-turns where you aren't supposed to. Cops everywhere and they like to pull you over for a bribe. Only make a U-turn at the lights.

El Cubanito
01-05-04, 15:37
Saint,

I do agree with you, Miramar is the place to stay since there are so many nice house. The place that I ussually stay is this one:

http://holahabana.tripod.com/residenciascarolinas/index.html

I do like Vedado, but Miramar I like the best. By the way, the owner to the above house is very girl friendly.

El Cubanito

Saint
01-06-04, 17:50
Agreed. Miramar is a great area. This is the area all the gangsters had houses in back in the hey days. It's also where most of the embassies are located. It's clear to see there was a lot of money in this area before the revolution.

There are a lot of great options in Miramar. Most of the casa owners know that you will see girls and are very cool with it. However, Seaman's casa owner he couldn't have more than one girl at a time but there was no way they could know who was coming or going late at night.

I found the security to be very good in these houses. Most of them were like Fort Knox with at least 2 keys for locks. One for the door and one for a steel cage that protected the door. Also the windows had reinforcements that prevented a burglar from entering.

My casa owner always had her windows open in the drive way so they could see the girls walking in. Also, the girls will always take a taxi over and you are expected to come out and pay for their taxi ride there. It sucked because most didn't use Panataxi's so instead of $6 it was $10 or so each and every time. It adds up. My casa owner was super cool and gave me a thumbs up on more than one occassion on my selections.

Saint
08-05-04, 22:23
Many have emailed or PM'ed me asking for good apartments in Miramar. Here are three good choices in the order of which I liked the best. Good luck.

1) Jaime/Magda
Calle 28 #108 (bajos)
Between 1st and 3rd
Telephone: (537) 2038221

2) Hospedaje - Arelis Sera
Calle 30 #118
Between 1st and 3rd
#: 2029402

3) Milagro Albisu Mestre
Calle 28 #116
Between 1st and 3rd
# 2023859

All were clean, had nice owners, allowed girls and had AC. Jaime and Magda were really friendly and they speak good English and never hassled me at all. I had girls coming and going and had no problems at all.

Fido Dido
01-02-05, 22:59
Saint,

Thank you for your very good advices on Miramar.

Specially the adresses, but also the other info.

Has been very helpfull for me.

Unpossible to mail you so I do it this way.

Visage
07-19-08, 12:04
I'm looking through all the cuba stuff trying to get good recomendations for casas, with phone numbers and maybe links to fotos, but cant seem to find any.

Come on guys lets have some help here.

BeersTerry
08-07-08, 15:23
I am considering staying in Miramar next trip. I've driven through, gone to restaurants, gone shopping gone to Havana Club etc., but I have never hung in Miramar. I don't want to take a taxi to Vedado or centro all the time, any advice ?

El Grande
08-07-08, 17:35
I am considering staying in Miramar next trip. I've driven through, gone to restaurants, gone shopping gone to Havana Club etc., but I have never hung in Miramar. I don't want to take a taxi to Vedado or centro all the time, any advice ?

Casa de la Musica Miramar has some chics sometime. Or just pick up the hichhikers on the road to Vedado.
You could also try Johnnies and neighbour clubs, but lots of hardcore chicas there.

BeersTerry
08-07-08, 18:41
Thanks.
If I want hardcore, I could go just about anywhere. I like to find them during the day. Better chance of being a normal chica. Having visited Miramar during the day, I always found the number of people around to be quite low, unless I want to hang out at the Supermercado.

PincheCabron
08-07-08, 20:54
I haven't hung out in miramar in a while either but lots of hitchikers on the main avenue la quinta. It's a nice area but heavy on police presence. You could try picking up the waitresses who work in the restaurants or get a car and try your luck with the aforementioned chicas who need a lift.

El Rey De Pollo
08-07-08, 21:13
I've found that when staying in Miramar, a car is an absolute must. I like to be there, like to hang back, it's got a real caribean vibe and there are some huge apartments and houses out there for rent. Lots of hitchhikers on the two main avenues, but it is an upscale neighborhood and has fewer willing girls than Centro, Vedado and the rest. So get a nice big casa out there, but head out in your car for girls and take them back.

My experience to sum up: Not a super place to pick up regular girls, but a great place to spend time with them. And they all love Miramar. Every girl from urban Havana dreams of living in Miramar. So the effect of inviting them to your casa in Miramar is like rolling up in a Mercedes.

But - car is a must. It's not a good place to pick up on foot.

El Chico
08-07-08, 22:05
thanks.

if i want hardcore, i could go just about anywhere. i like to find them during the day. better chance of being a normal chica. having visited miramar during the day, i always found the number of people around to be quite low, unless i want to hang out at the supermercado.i agree if your not planning to have a car, it's better to get a place nearer to the real action. however, on foot in miramar you should be able to find a girl on 5th between 70 and 110 (miramar occidental hotel and the first roundabout), but they will most likely be semi-pro girls from the neighborhood looking to meet foreigners staying at the nearby hotels.

ironically, its harder to meet these girls in a car as they are usually sitting on benches in the median while you are driving by at 60-80 km. the minimum speed is 60km, so if you're thinking of cruising slowly, be prepared for some major hassle from a motorcycle cop who will know what your up to with your tourists plates.

El Cubanito
08-08-08, 00:38
Thanks.
If I want hardcore, I could go just about anywhere. I like to find them during the day. Better chance of being a normal chica. Having visited Miramar during the day, I always found the number of people around to be quite low, unless I want to hang out at the Supermercado.

I agree with Traveling Gring. Miramar IS not the best place to pick up girls by foot. Although there is a spot on 5th avenue by where Miramar ends and Santa Fe begings that there always alot of girls hanging out at night looking for some action. Believe it or not the pimps is a gay who take care of them. I met the guy and have hang out with him in Casa de Musica in Havana Vieja. he treat them real good and make sure that they "Novios" pay them their fee. I hang out the whole night and did NOT pay for any drinks or pussy. Had a great time. The place is located before the 5th avenida goes from a 2 lane street to a single. If you come at night and are driving fast you will miss the girls because they are hiding to the side of the road. All of his girls are hot.

Just my 2 cents

El Chico
08-08-08, 19:10
Believe it or not the pimps is a gay who take care of them. I met the guy and have hang out with him in Casa de Musica in Havana Vieja. he treat them real good and make sure that they "Novios" pay them their fee. I hang out the whole night and did NOT pay for any drinks or pussy. Had a great time. I don't think there is such thing a a nice pimp. Cubans are masters of deception and I think this guy pulled the wool over your eyes. I have seen Cuban guys pretend they were gay just so you wouldn't suspect they were actually the girl's boyfriend.

In Cuba there are 3 basic types of "pimps". The first is the guy who is more of a go between and finds you girls he knows and gets a commission from the girl. These guys are relatively harmless as they are really just providing a dating service.

Another type is the guy the pressures his young girlfriend to sleep with foreigners so he can have the money. I know for a fact this is happening a lot and I think these guys are scum.

The last type is your traditional pimp that has a stable of girls that he controls mainly by fear and takes all their money. Since in Cuba the girls can find foreigners own their own or through friends, I don't think there is anyway this can be a good situation for them.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd never want to be with a girl if I thought some scumbag guy was getting my money for his gold teeth.

BeersTerry
08-11-08, 21:20
You guys talked me into staying at my regular apartment in Vedado. I might have to drive out to Santa Fe after I go looking for Johanna at Salon Rojo.

El Cubanito
08-12-08, 16:25
I don't think there is such thing a a nice pimp. Cubans are masters of deception and I think this guy pulled the wool over your eyes. I have seen Cuban guys pretend they were gay just so you wouldn't suspect they were actually the girl's boyfriend.

In Cuba there are 3 basic types of "pimps". The first is the guy who is more of a go between and finds you girls he knows and gets a commission from the girl. These guys are relatively harmless as they are really just providing a dating service.

Another type is the guy the pressures his young girlfriend to sleep with foreigners so he can have the money. I know for a fact this is happening a lot and I think these guys are scum.

The last type is your traditional pimp that has a stable of girls that he controls mainly by fear and takes all their money. Since in Cuba the girls can find foreigners own their own or through friends, I don't think there is anyway this can be a good situation for them.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd never want to be with a girl if I thought some scumbag guy was getting my money for his gold teeth.

Chico I have seen these con Job being done on other foreigners. In a matter of facts, I problably know the guys who started this con job.

But the only problem with your theory is that I was flat broke (I only had $100 to my name and I was waiting for money from Canada to arrive). So the fag pimp pay for everything for me. I was taken out to dinner, I was brough to Casa de Musica and drank like a fish and I also got laid by the prettiest girl he had in his staple.

I will let you in on a secret. I was waiting for the for this guy to ask something of me, but he never did. So I had a very nice evening without costing me a dollar.

El Cubanito

Water-Rat
02-16-09, 04:43
On a recent visit the pros were hanging out in the hotel lobby during the evening, in the hallways in the afternoon and around the perimeter of the hotel in the morning. They even used the house phone to call guests. Security was there but they seemed more concerned about noise and people going to the pool after closing.

I think that the pros were having a hard time. It was a university break in Spain and there were a lot of young, hot and willing co-eds. A few drinks was all it took.

Luis1
04-20-11, 14:25
I've asked a similar question in a different thread but am getting even more worried when reading below. When renting a private house (a large villa with pool in that case) , is the owner living in the precinct? Besides the one I'm planning to rent is advertised with 4 to 6 BRs, prices going from 400 to 600cuc a night according to the number of rooms one rents. Does it mean that if I only pay for the villa with 4 BRs, the owner could rent the remaining 2 BRs to someone else with whom I would have to share the place?

El Chico
04-20-11, 14:35
I've asked a similar question in a different thread but am getting even more worried when reading below. When renting a private house (a large villa with pool in that case) , is the owner living in the precinct? Besides the one I'm planning to rent is advertised with 4 to 6 BRs, prices going from 400 to 600cuc a night according to the number of rooms one rents. Does it mean that if I only pay for the villa with 4 BRs, the owner could rent the remaining 2 BRs to someone else with whom I would have to share the place?By law the owner has to live and sleep in the same house. It may be the case that they are in a separated area, but not always.

Unless you have made a deal to rent the full house, the owner is going to try and rent out all the rooms as they pay tax on a per room basis. You should sort it out before you go.

Luis1
04-20-11, 15:02
Thanks el Chico, I was totally unaware of the owner in house part until reading this Miramar thread. I'm waiting for a reply to an enquiry I sent to the website a few hours ago, but if I have to share part of the house or the garden even only with the owner, than I'll probably stay in a hotel.

Ulfberth
01-07-14, 17:00
I don't think there is such thing a a nice pimp. Cubans are masters of deception and I think this guy pulled the wool over your eyes. I have seen Cuban guys pretend they were gay just so you wouldn't suspect they were actually the girl's boyfriend.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd never want to be with a girl if I thought some scumbag guy was getting my money for his gold teeth.Hi,

Yeah those kinds of guys who force the girls to sleep with the guys is to bad. And they take all the money- that is exactly how it is in Thailand. And where so many foreigners do a mistake of their life- the Thai girls are controled of a BF in 90% of the cases and he even use her money to fuck other girls and she knows it and it is widely accepted!. Those who wish find a lady there can forget it, its all about money- your money! Be aware