PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Kuranyi
03-06-06, 16:22
Do you pay the chicas still in USD?

I heard that the have a new convertible peso for the tourists.

El Grande
03-06-06, 18:06
Do you pay the chicas still in US$??I heard that the have a new convertible peso for the tourists.You heard right. No more US $ just peso convertibiles.

Polito
03-06-06, 18:18
Do you pay the chicas still in US$??I heard that the have a new convertible peso for the tourists.Convertible peso is the norm now but they will take it if that is all you have!

Cubiche
03-07-06, 01:18
Do you pay the chicas still in US$??I heard that the have a new convertible peso for the tourists.
For a couple of years now the US $ is not used. In addition, there is a loss of approximately 18 - 20% loss when changing over to the CUC. That includes a 10% penalty for the US dollar. Other currencies are not charged that penalty. Stores and businesses do not accept US.

Polito
03-08-06, 04:58
For a couple of years now the US $ is not used. In addition, there is a loss of approximately 18 - 20% loss when changing over to the CUC. That includes a 10% penalty for the US dollar. Other currencies are not charged that penalty. Stores and businesses do not accept US.Cubaniche,

You always in habana or otra lugars.

Cubiche
03-09-06, 05:00
Cubaniche,

You always in habana or otra lugars.

Usually stay in Guanabo with some nights in Habana

Polito
03-09-06, 07:29
Usually stay in Guanabo with some nights in HabanaI am most times in and around cienfuegos,trinidad, cumanyagua but only fly in to habana or Varadaro for prices and all the small towns along the way.I have been to playa estes a couple of times but find the oriente more favorable.I enjoy your comments & photos because it keeps my six week interludes here berable if that is a word as I sip my guabito del pinar.

Fido Dido
03-09-06, 21:31
Polito, you write that you are often in small towns instead of Havana.
I have been twice in Havana and once in Cienfuegos. I speak resonable Spanish.
I found the situation in Cienfuegos pretty bad. Grils were very scared.
Maybe if one is more experienced then me one can have a good time there in Cienfuegos. But I didn't like it there.

What do you think are the best towns in Cuba for the hobby/GFE beside Havana and Santiago. Camaguey? Hogluin? Baracoa? Barnes?
Your opinion would be appreciated.

I am most times in and around cienfuegos,trinidad, cumanyagua but only fly in to habana or Varadaro for prices and all the small towns along the way.I have been to playa estes a couple of times but find the oriente more favorable.I enjoy your comments & photos because it keeps my six week interludes here berable if that is a word as I sip my guabito del pinar.

Fabien
03-25-06, 20:47
Hi,

I'm doing a report for Spanish class about jineteras. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out by answering some questions for me as well as give me some first-hand accounts. Anyone interested please PM me.

Toodles

Fabien

El Cubanito
03-27-06, 20:35
Fido,

Speaking from experience, I prefer the smaller town out of Havana. On my trip last year, I met two sister that I picked up as I was leaving Las Tunas around the circle. I was on my way to Santiago via Bayamo. Well, I never made it to Santiago or Bayamo as these two sisters would not take NO for an answer. I ended spending the rest of the day and night with both of them. That night I met two other lovely from the same campo as them. Great, great time. I also met another Lovely who not let me go in Florida, Camaguey. This is a small town between Ciego de Avila and Camaguey.

BTW, 3 years ago I met this real hot cutie in Cienfuego who almost made my dick come off because of all the sessions we had.

El Cubanito

MisterXTC
03-29-06, 06:36
I was just wondering, with all of the reports here, what is actual conversation that leads to getting these women into bed - that is, who mentions the money for sex thing - I would feel like an ass if I found a nice chick and she wasn't a pro.

This is particularly true for picking up cute hitchikers. Do you steer the conversation towards sex, or wait for the girl to ask if you are interested?

Holden Caulfield
03-30-06, 00:38
Don't worry about this. All girls in Cuba are at least semi-pros. Sex is viewed a lot differently here.

I was just wondering, with all of the reports here, what is actual conversation that leads to getting these women into bed - that is, who mentions the money for sex thing - I would feel like an ass if I found a nice chick and she wasn't a pro.

This is particularly true for picking up cute hitchikers. Do you steer the conversation towards sex, or wait for the girl to ask if you are interested?

Rebel Monger
03-30-06, 20:38
Don't worry about this. All girls in Cuba are at least semi-pros. Sex is viewed a lot differently here.Jim, I thank you very much for for the way you perceive my daughter, sisters and Cuban women in general. I bet that you even treat them all like "putas", don't you?

MisterXTC
03-30-06, 23:25
Jim, I thank you very much for for the way you perceive my daughter, sisters and Cuban women in general. I bet that you even treat them all like "putas", don't you?This is my point. Life is tough enough in cuba and I don't want to insult girls who don't do this. And I also don't like to make us non-cuban tourists seem boorish either. It was a simple question of how to be tactful, and whether cuban girls will offer without some hint that a guy is looking to pay for sex.

So, some serious answers please.

Dran Reb
03-31-06, 02:00
Misterxtc,
Based on my experience you won't have to ask them for sex. They will bring up the subject first. For example, if a girl you just met wants to know if you are staying in a casa particular, this is usually a good sign. Then they usually say "we go to the house". Personally I would be embarrassed to ask a girl for sex even in a poor country like Cuba. That's why i'm glad that I have never had to ask.

Jonas
04-03-06, 13:54
Are ther any problem to fly to New York thru Cancun?

Is it possibel to chek in the hole way in Havanna to New York?

I got european passport.

Or must I go thru the customs in Cancun and chek in again?

QuackUp
04-09-06, 04:01
I just got back from Cuba and stayed with my regular girl in Santiago. Again, this was not a mongering trip but here is some useful info. for the newbies.

If you bring in usd to exchange, you have the automatic 10% off the top, and the exchange rate of 8.9. In other words just about 19% for the exchange from usd to pesos. I used the transcard to avoid the 10% fee.

One of the best food values in Havana is El Aljibe. For $12.00 all the chicken, rice, beans and salads you can eat.

In Santiago, I finally got an honest cab driver. If anyone wants his information, please e-mail me.

Q

Berthold
04-13-06, 17:24
In havana there are different kinds of taxis:

1: Panataxi usually for tourists and expensive, I would use them at night due to security.

2: Illegal taxis, ordinary people who use their private cars as taxis but pay no taxes, especially in the area close to the capitolio, hotel inglaterra, usually much cheaper than panataxis.

3: Taxis collectivos usually just for cubans and it is forbidden for tourists, but most of cabdriver are cool and they charge you the same amount of money as cubans. With taxis collectivos you can get to all the different parts of the city for almost no money (vedado, miramar, la vibora. cerro, la lisa) you just wave at the driver and he will pull over and ask you where you want to you, usually they have a sign in the frontwindow which says taxi.

In the center don't talk to people who approach you, male, and female, because they only want to rip you off. They say "I know a good bar, lets go there", and they order drinks, usually mojitos, and you pay the bill and a mojito usually is for 4 cuc at those places. In general avoid people who want to sell you stuff ( rum, cigars, etc.) in the streets, buy milk for their babies, or people who say hola amigo de donde es usted bla bla bla. They just want to get as much money as possible from you.

Holden Caulfield
04-19-06, 05:15
Jim, I thank you very much for for the way you perceive my daughter, sisters and Cuban women in general. I bet that you even treat them all like "putas", don't you?I am only passing along what I believe is completely accurate information. That is what we are here for. Considering your screen name and the fact that you are here, it is hard for you to claim a moral highground. I stand by the entire comment including the part where sex is viewed differently than in N. America. All the girls we meet are someone's family but it does not change what is happening. I do not mean to insult anyone with this topic. I treat all women I meet rather well.

I do notice that you aren't actually contradicting the main point here. In order to stop a battle before it begins, I won't respond on this topic again. If you truly take offence to this post, perhaps you should reconsider your own actions.

Grand Pollo
04-20-06, 03:11
If you bring in usd to exchange, you have the automatic 10% off the top, and the exchange rate of 8.9. In other words just about 19% for the exchange from usd to pesos. I used the transcard to avoid the 10% fee.

Instead of an automatic 10% off the top perhaps remind Americans they can buy Canada $ or Euros in their home town and bring them. There is a small cost to do so but nowhere near 10%.

QuackUp
04-20-06, 13:47
Gp,

Good point. In fact the best exchange rate was the canadian dollar when I was down there. I can't remember the exact amount, hopefully there is someone down there that can give it to us.

Q

Berthold
04-23-06, 10:42
This is my point. Life is tough enough in cuba and I don't want to insult girls who don't do this. And I also don't like to make us non-cuban tourists seem boorish either. It was a simple question of how to be tactful, and whether cuban girls will offer without some hint that a guy is looking to pay for sex.

So, some serious answers please. I have been to havana for 2 months and I learned a lot about cuba. First in all the countries with a latin society sex is seen alot different than in the us, europe. For them it is just part of their daily life and people enjoy having sex with foreigners or not. In cuba there is not a lot to do, most people are very poor so they can only enjoy all the basic things and one of those things is sex. Another possiblity is whenever cuban girls meet foreigners for them it is a potential way to leave the country in order to have a better life, during my time in havana some girls even wanted to marry me although I just spent some days with them. In cuba most of the girls are available and all the girls know this so the sex has to be mind blowing in order to make an impression on that person, so that the guy has no need to look for other girls. In general cuban girls are very open minded cause the cuban society is macho society and most of the people I talked to said that in cuba it normal for a guy to have several girlfriends and to have sex at an early age. I sometimes got the impression that sex in cuba is some kind of freetime activity and one of the only things people can enjoy and the government can't check. Whenever you go out in cuba and you talk to girls they will let you know if you gonna end up in bed with them. Treat them right, show some interest in them, buy them small things and they gonna treat you like a king. Have fun

MisterXTC
04-23-06, 23:50
Gp,

Good point. In fact the best exchange rate was the canadian dollar when I was Down there. I can't remember the exact amount, hopefully there is someone down there that can give it to us.

QI believe that the rate was 1.2 canadian dollars per CUC when buying CUC, and 1.3 when selling CUC to get Canadian, such as if you have money leftover and you want to convert it back when you are leaving the country.

Methos
04-30-06, 05:20
Gp,

Good point. In fact the best exchange rate was the canadian dollar when I was down there. I can't remember the exact amount, hopefully there is someone down there that can give it to us.

QI found this link last year, the rates seemed to jive with what I noticed on my last trip

http://www.banco-metropolitano.com/tasasn.htm

BeersTerry
05-15-06, 23:02
In late January and early February 06 I was paying CDN 1.30 for 1 CUC.
The best rates were at banco metropolitano.

Friends that have recently come back tell me that the rate has not changed much despite the rise in the CDN $.

Pete711
05-23-06, 13:36
Nash Travel (Canada) was recommended a a good resource for travel from US to Cuba via Jamica. They do not answer the phone personally during business hours and they have not responded to messages left for them to call me.

El Cubanito
05-23-06, 18:05
I have use nash Travel in the past and have not been impress with their service. Try thse folks

http://www.holidaymarkettravel.com/

I have use them in the past and have never had any problems with my ticktes.

El Cubanito

AddictedToWomen
05-26-06, 15:39
Hi guys.

I want to spend a couple of weeks in Cuba: a week in Havana and a week on a beach somewhere.

What's a good choice for the later? Any nude beaches around?

Organicgrowth
05-26-06, 18:56
Hey Addicted,

If I had that amount of time I would be a happy man indeed: well done! Havana will be excellent for you, as you not only have the city but the beaches too. As to another place, again if it were me I would go for Trinidad and the smaller villages off the south eastern coast. Depending on your view of adventures you might also consider Manzanillo or Santiago on the eastern leg.

Good luck and do please report back.

Regards, Havanaman

Jonas
05-30-06, 07:15
My end my friend planning to invite our GFE for a couple of weeks to Europe this summer, anybody ho got experience of this?

AddictedToWomen
05-30-06, 20:37
Hey Addicted,

If I had that amount of time I would be a happy man indeed: well done! Havana will be excellent for you, as you not only have the city but the beaches too. As to another place, again if it were me I would go for Trinidad and the smaller villages off the south eastern coast. Depending on your view of adventures you might also consider Manzanillo or Santiago on the eastern leg.

Good luck and do please report back.

Regards, Havanaman

Thanks Havanaman. I'm told there are some nice nude beaches at Cayo Santa Maria and Cayo Largo. Any experience of those?

El Grande
05-31-06, 16:28
Thanks Havanaman. I'm told there are some nice nude beaches at Cayo Santa Maria and Cayo Largo. Any experience of those?Forget the nude beaches. Only tourist bath topless. Neverever expect a Cubanita go topless or even nude exept in your bedroom.

Organicgrowth
06-01-06, 00:08
AddictedToWomen,

Sorry friend: I tend to always go off the tourist trails, so I can not help with these. There must be others here who can help you...? Come on guys help this fellow monger..

Regards, Havanaman

Grand Pollo
06-01-06, 02:38
My end my friend planning to invite our GFE for a couple of weeks to Europe this summer, anybody ho got experience of this?

A tourist visa will be tough or impossible for her to obtain. An exit visa from the Cubans will be tough or impossible as well. Other than that easy.

BeersTerry
06-01-06, 16:12
I think the exit visa from Cuba is not bad...it just involves money. The holdup is usually the country being visited. I have heard that some European countries (i.e. England) are not too bad. Better information of regular Cuba boards rather than sex boards.

Organicgrowth
06-03-06, 09:46
Beersterry

You are 100% right: from what I have heard from mongers in Europe, England is the easiest to enter, followed by Italy and France. Of course once in Europe, its very easy to go from one nation to another on the continent. As you say the best and probably most informative source will be a regular / tourist site.

Regards,

Havanaman

AddictedToWomen
06-05-06, 19:19
Thanks Havanaman.

A clarification on your most recent article. There is freedom of movement (no internal border controls) between the subset of the EU (or EEA, or whatever they're being called this week) countries that are signatories to the Schengan agreement -- that's most of "Old" continental Europe. It doesn't include the UK and a number of other countries.

Spiros K
06-08-06, 23:05
Thanks Havanaman.

A clarification on your most recent article. There is freedom of movement (no internal border controls) between the subset of the EU (or EEA, or whatever they're being called this week) countries that are signatories to the Schengan agreement -- that's most of "Old" continental Europe. It doesn't include the UK and a number of other countries. This is not entirely correct. Despite the fact that UK is not included in Schengen agreement you can enter the country, if you are an EU citizen, very easy even with a national ID. In any case I really don't understand the motives behind sarcastic expressions such as "or EEA, or whatever they're being called this week". I'm a proud EU citizen and I believe that your comments may insult some european members. Nobody have said anything wrong about your country (UK) or Commonwealth so please let's keep politics out of this forum. FYI the only EU members that choose not to join the Schengen Agreement are UK and Ireland, so "...and a number of other countries" doesn't apply.

AddictedToWomen
06-14-06, 20:26
Though it might not sound like it, I'm pro-European too! I just get confused and frustrated by the seemingly constant name changes, subgroupings, and the subtle distinctions between them: EC, EU, EEA, EEC, ECSC, EFTA. And that's only those that start with E!

Can't I be pro-European *and* fed up with that too?

:)

And accordingto the wiki we're both wrong:

"The Schengen treaty allowed removal of internal border controls and harmonisation of external controls between its member states. This excludes the UK and Ireland, which have derogations, but includes the non-EU members Iceland and Norway. Switzerland also voted via referendum in 2005 to become part of the Schengen zone. "

Spiros K
06-15-06, 01:26
Though it might not sound like it, I'm pro-European too! I just get confused and frustrated by the seemingly constant name changes, subgroupings, and the subtle distinctions between them: EC, EU, EEA, EEC, ECSC, EFTA. And that's only those that start with E!

Can't I be pro-European *and* fed up with that too?

:)

And accordingto the wiki we're both wrong:

"The Schengen treaty allowed removal of internal border controls and harmonisation of external controls between its member states. This excludes the UK and Ireland, which have derogations, but includes the non-EU members Iceland and Norway. Switzerland also voted via referendum in 2005 to become part of the Schengen zone. "Thank you for your clarification my monger friend!

Grenada 79
06-27-06, 08:37
Hello folks,

Just a couple questions. Quite soon I will be spending some time in Venezuela. Two weeks actually and from there i will travel to cuba, return to venezuela for a few more days. Thats about as much as I have and will plan. My only concerns are, of course, are how I will not get caught by the US during or after my travels, and that I do not run out of money before my return, the latter being the lesser of the two concerns.

I would greatly appreciate any updated information anyone could give about these matters, namely:

a) The current cost of a arline ticket from Caracas to Havana (same day, or only 1 or 2 days in advance, cash)

b) The current possibility of not having my passport stamped, and how best to go about doing so. Or better yet-

c) Obtaining a visa which could be used in place of my passport for any stamping, viewing, etc.

I plan on spending the day before at the Cuban embassy in Caracas (assuming one exists).

And of course any additional information anyone wishes to contribute is welcome as well. Quick info- I'm in my early 20's, speak eehhh---almost decent spanish, better than I understand. I usually enjoy larger cities/capitals, but usually spend a day or two traveling to another part pf the country or two. Usually devide my time between the wealthier tourist activities, finer dining, hotels, discos/bars/night clubs/etc, and on the other side of the spectrum as well. Hostels, very cheep food, as close to natives - of all eononomic backgrounds, usually more on the bottom of the scale, but I will need to see both sides of la vida. Women - priority. Will meet as many as possible, with or without P4P - whtever happens.

I thank in advance anyone interested in commenting offering advice, ideas, etc. , and will absolutely thank these people/the forum, upon my return by posting as much information and pics as I think will be helpful/enjoyable and anyone else.

P.S. 95 percent of what I know about these travels have come from this forum in the past, far in the past, while planning a trip I never was able to take.

Routard
06-27-06, 12:21
Cubana flight will cost you 230$ between Caracas and Havana one way. Cuban authorities will put no stamp in your passport. Visa is arranged by travel agent, you don't even need to go to the Cuban embassy, at least for EEC citizen. Can't guarantee 100% that it's the same for US citizen.

Take care, Caracas and even Havana are not that cheap as you might expect. Also both are not the easiest cities to monger in Latin America (for different reasons however).

Jonas
06-29-06, 07:28
I take Havanamans advise and check some anther forums and find this one.
Well worth reading
http://www.cubaamor.com/cubaforums/

And the girls coming in 6 weeks if the paper handling works as it shall.

Trottle Buck
07-14-06, 08:14
I'll be heading for Holguin and vecinity for 2 weeks, air fare only.
Can anyone have info on casas particulares near the beaches.
tThanks

Organicgrowth
08-03-06, 17:11
Is anyone having trouble with internet communications with friends in Havana? I knw the internet situation is not always the best in Cuba, however I have friends who use computers as part of their work and even they have not been replying this past week…. I wonder if this is juts me or others / related to some clamp down similar to the one that happened a couple of years ago…

Regards, Havanaman

Petrolero
08-03-06, 17:48
trouble with internet communications with friends in Havana?

When I was there in June a socio had Net access, in July it wasn't available. He had an inspection at his firm and this shut down many office activities for a few weeks. It didn't make sense to me, but very little of that system makes sense in the business environment we are accustomed.

At another location, someone tried to access a website from FL and it shut down Net usage for 2-3 weeks pending investigation.

I wouldn't worry about it, fluke crap happens all the time there.

I have been getting email from there all week from correodecuba.cu and other corporate concerns.

Organicgrowth
08-04-06, 17:21
Thanks Petrolero,

I agree with your comments: I guess its just my natural paranoia when I haven't made contact with my friends...

Regards, Havanaman

Vedado Fun
08-05-06, 02:20
I've had one email bounce back to me two times.

BeersTerry
08-11-06, 14:51
Some of you guys said you joined CyberCupido to lay groundwork for a trip. Do you have experience with Amigos.com ? Suggestions as to what is better to prep for Cuba ?

Thanks

Disappointed
08-13-06, 12:45
Some of you guys said you joined CyberCupido to lay groundwork for a trip. Do you have experience with Amigos.com ? Suggestions as to what is better to prep for Cuba ?

ThanksBest Prep is to learn to Salsa - Its a banker!

Disappointed
08-13-06, 12:46
With Castro now suffering, who thinks the Cuba we know and love will change?

Berthold
08-13-06, 13:57
Well, if you wonna go to cuba, you should probably join cybercupido cause there are hundreds of women from cuba waiting to get in thouch with someone from outside the country. You can also contact them without upgrading your membership to silver or gold, you just have 3 messages per day if you wonna have unlimited messages you have to upgrade.

Well amigos is not bad but in order to contact somebody you have to have a silver or gold membership. I think a goldmember ship is for 60 dollars for a bunch of months so not bad either.

It just depends what you like better

Sometimes cybercupido has bad foto quality of some ladies

Regards berthold

Some of you guys said you joined CyberCupido to lay groundwork for a trip. Do you have experience with Amigos.com? Suggestions as to what is better to prep for Cuba?

Thanks

BeersTerry
08-13-06, 18:33
I can fake salsa for a while...or at least I thought I could. A chica finally came up to me and asked, "you don't know how to salsa, do you?"

I have friends on Amigos, but thought about trying cybercupido given the recommendation given here not too long ago.

Thanks for the comments.

Concarne
08-17-06, 22:00
Just curious...

Can one take a boat from Haiti or the DR to Cuba?

I pass on the airplanes due to potential problems w reporting by airlines...comments on that?

FreakFunk
08-19-06, 15:00
I have to get ready soon as i might have the option of going to Cuba rather than Thailand next week. Normally i wouldn't consider cuba however i have read a lot of good reports from all you guys on the quality of girls there etc.

There some question i need to know though before i change from thailand.

The first one being how much does a girl cost for 1 night?

Are girls easy to come by?

Can i take girls to any hotel or do i need to book a certain type of hotel? (any recomondations)

Are there a good quality of girl, like young 18-21 year olds?

thanks guys

Fido Dido
08-19-06, 22:24
I have to get ready soon as i might have the option of going to Cuba rather than Thailand next week. Normally i wouldn't consider cuba however i have read a lot of good reports from all you guys on the quality of girls there etc.

There some question i need to know though before i change from thailand.

The first one being how much does a girl cost for 1 night?

Are girls easy to come by?

Can i take girls to any hotel or do i need to book a certain type of hotel? (any recomondations)

Are there a good quality of girl, like young 18-21 year olds?

thanks guys

Question: The first one being how much does a girl cost for 1 night?
Answer: if you can do some bargaining: 30 CUC a night.
If you don't do some bargaining you are a sucker!

Question: Can i take girls to any hotel or do i need to book a certain type of hotel?
Answer: hotels in Cuba are shit for mongering. Take a Casa Particular. More comfort for less money. Negotiate in advance that your can "invite guests". Do not pay in advance. In case of problems you will never,never, never get your money back.

Question: Are there a good quality of girl, like young 18-21 year olds?
Answer: Most easy girls are black (there is racism in Cuba, althoug it is denieded). Most girls and a bit fat. 21 years is no problem. ALWAYS CHECK THE ID OF A GIRL. Take care that she is at least 18 years old. Ask for her carnet. ID-number on her carnet has the format YYYMMDD.... and thus showing age of birth. Some girls take the carnet of their bigger sister! Be warned!

In comparison to Thailand Cuba is quite a hassle! Be prepared!

Vedado Fun
08-20-06, 02:14
Everything Fido Dido says is true. If you go to Cuba you must stay in a Casa Particular if you want to have overnight guests. You won't find as many pretty girls in Cuba as you will in Thailand but they are there and available if you look around. It will be difficult for you though because you've never been there and won't know where to look. The guys in the street will probably hassle you to buy cigars and offer to find you Chicas at really high prices. Just say you've been there before and that the most you will pay for a Chica is $30 and that's only if she stays overnight. They'll think you're crazy but if you persist maybe they will help you.

Do a lot of walking and don't be afraid to make eye contact with any girl you see and try to talk to any that interest you. If they're interested they will let you know. The girls have to be careful not to be seen talking to foreigners though so keep a lookout for Police. Sometimes the girl may walk ahead and you just follow her to a park or somewhere to sit down and talk. If the Police catch them with a foreigner they may be detained and questioned.

You may also meet girls in the bars and discos late at night.

One think about the Cuban girls is that most of them are fantastic once you get them in bed. They really know how to please a man and will show you the best sex you have ever had. They really enjoy sex pretty well as much as us men do. Most of them give fantastic BJ's and lots give BBBJCIM. They will do you most any style or postion. They will tire you out so much that you may have to take the next day off. No kidding. Cuba is a great place for mongering but it's not an easy place. The food isn't the greatest and the service isn't too great either. The only great service you will get is in the bedroom. When are you planning to go and to what area?

FreakFunk
08-20-06, 13:05
Im not 100% sure where to go, is havana not the best? Or do you recomend somewhere else?

These hotels you talk about, how do i go about booking one? what are they exactly?

Vedado Fun
08-20-06, 20:07
I suggest you go to this site and do some reading: http://www.cuba-junky.com/havana/pototo.htm

I highly reccoment Pototo for your first visit to Havana. Just email him and he will help you arrange everything.

El Gajo
09-04-06, 03:41
I need to know what is allowed/not allowed. I have not been able to find the information anywhere.

Legal age for having sex in Cuba is 16 years.

Does it mean that it is legal for a tourist to have sex with a 16 year old cubanita ? Please give some references !

Is it legal for a tourist to stay and sign the hotel book in a private casa particular with a 16 year old cubanita ? Know that some casa owners (not all) prefers that the chicka is 18 years. Please give some references !

I some of the things mentioned above isn't allowed, how will the autorities react if they read the hotel book later on ?

El Gajo
09-04-06, 03:51
I need to know what is allowed/not allowed. I have not been able to find the information anywhere.

Does it mean that it is legal for a tourist to have sex with a 16 year old cubanita ? Please give some references !

Is it legal for a tourist to stay and sign the hotel book in a private casa particular with a 16 year old cubanita ? Know that some casa owners (not all) prefers that the chicka is 18 years. Please give some references !

I some of the things mentioned above isn't allowed, how will the autorities react if they read the hotel book later on ?

Kvochko
09-04-06, 11:54
The age of consent in Cuba is 16 between Cubans but 18 between cubans and foreigners.

BeersTerry
09-04-06, 16:09
You had better be careful of getting caught with a 16 year old too. They all have carnets and are supposed to be carrying them so you can check.

Getting caught with a 16 year old in a communist country is not worth the time and the money it will take to extricate yourself out of the deep pile of shit you would be in, that is, if you are not tried/convicted/sent to prison.

You should also be aware that some cops/jineteras/jineteros are in on it together. Whether it be selling you drugs or getting you laid by a 16 year old.

Berthold
09-04-06, 17:54

I some of the things mentioned above isn't allowed, how will the autorities react if they read the hotel book later on ?In Cuba people are considered adults when they get their carnet which everybody has to carry all the time when they turn 18. Do not have sex with a girl under the age of 18 this can get you in prison or at least in serious trouble.

The carnet shows you all the necessary information you need. A photo of the person name last name and the age among some other information like birthplace.

Have fun

El Gajo
09-07-06, 03:57
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Zero Tolerance policy prohibiting reports containing any references to any persons under the age of 18. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information.

BeersTerry
09-07-06, 13:38
There were articles a couple of years back about a man from Windsor, Ontario, Canada who was set up/caught with a 16 year old around Cienfuegoes. He is doing hard time.

Given the current climate of apprehension...you have to be fucking crazy to try shit like that.

El Gajo
09-07-06, 19:18
The reason for my question is very basic. I want to know the excact rules and of course behave accourding to the rules.

It is very difficult to find the excact rules on the net. Cuba Junkey is the only netpage i have found which says 18 y. All other internetpages i have found says 16 y.

But as none of the pages have references to a realiable source it's not easy to guess which is right and which is wrong. It should be more easy to find the correct information on this matter, because nobody wants to something wrong.

BeersTerry
09-08-06, 00:39
I have previously read and understand it as Kvochko has indicated.

Organicgrowth
09-08-06, 07:46
18 and above is safe & legal. And of course in accordsance with WSG poster guidelines! I have NEVER gone with a chica without seeing her ID card. If no ID card (very rare as its a Cuban legal requirement, but I have witnessed 2 chicas over the years....) then no deal. Simple, safe and jail free!

Regards, Havanaman

Chute
09-26-06, 11:41
Hi all fellow mongers,

I currently live in LA and am planning to visit Cuba Jan. 2007.

What is the best route from LA to Cuba for short distance and cheaper flight?

I found one of the best alternatives is fromLA to Cancun, then from Cancun to Cuba?

Any suggestions about other route and airlines?

Any advices will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Digital Curry
09-26-06, 16:05
Hi all fellow mongers,

I currently live in LA and am planning to visit Cuba Jan. 2007.

What is the best route from LA to Cuba for short distance and cheaper flight?

I found one of the best alternatives is fromLA to Cancun, then from Cancun to Cuba?
Any suggestions about other route and airlines?

Any advices will be appreciated.

Thanks.Cheapest way from LA is Cancun. Or possibly Canada. Take Alaska Airline to Cancun. Inexpensive and Non-Stop. Then from CUN to Havana on Mexicana(air Click) or Cubana. Make sure you put an address on visa or government will put You in expensive hotel first night. Any address will do.

Better to go in December if possible. Why? Because the USA laws change January 1 2007. If you conclude travel before that date, you can use your driver's license and Certified birth certificate to travel between USA and Mexico. This will save you the possibility that the USA immigration will ask you about the mexican stamp. If immigration sees you entered Mexico earlier tthat day or week they might suspect it is from Cuba and interrogate you. If you keep your mouth shut you probably won't have a problem, but still it is unpleasant.

I just returned 4 days ago. I lost my drivers license and had to use my passport entering the USA. Fortunately the immigration official was not interested and didn't look at my passport. still I was nervous.

Chute
09-27-06, 05:07
Cheapest way from LA is Cancun. Or possibly Canada. Take Alaska Airline to Cancun. Inexpensive and Non-Stop. Then from CUN to Havana on Mexicana(air Click) or Cubana. Make sure you put an address on visa or government will put You in expensive hotel first night. Any address will do.

Better to go in December if possible. Why? Because the USA laws change January 1 2007. If you conclude travel before that date, you can use your driver's license and Certified birth certificate to travel between USA and Mexico. This will save you the possibility that the USA immigration will ask you about the mexican stamp. If immigration sees you entered Mexico earlier tthat day or week they might suspect it is from Cuba and interrogate you. If you keep your mouth shut you probably won't have a problem, but still it is unpleasant.

I just returned 4 days ago. I lost my drivers license and had to use my passport entering the USA. Fortunately the immigration official was not interested and didn't look at my passport. still I was nervous.Digital Curr, thanks for the info!

Chute

Chute
09-30-06, 08:39
Hey guys,

I have one question.

Do I need to have a tourist card before entering Cuba?

If so, how can I get it?

Thanks

Chute

Berthold
10-01-06, 01:03
Hey guys,

I have one question.

Do I need to have a tourist card before entering Cuba?

If so, how can I get it?

Thanks

ChuteBefore you want to enter cuba you have to have a tourist card and without it you can`t enter the country. Usually you can get your tourist card from your travel agency or from the cuban embassy or consulat in your city or country where you live. Sometimes you can even buy it at the airport from your air line if they offer you. In my opinion just ask your travel agency where you can get a tourist card.

Have fun

Cubiche
10-01-06, 09:26
If you are going thru Cancun you will be able to get the Tourist Visa at both the Mexicana and Cubana desks. The price is $15 US.

Chute
10-01-06, 15:37
Cubiche and Berthold.

Thanks for the information about tourist card.

I think I will buy a torist card at Cancun when I change my flight to Havana.

Again, thanks.

Chute

Greg Davis
10-16-06, 20:27
I do have a question regarding security. How do you protect your valuables in a casa particular?

As you have to bring most of the money in cash, and as well your passport needs to be stored in a secure place.

Just lock it with a padlock in your bag?

Especially when the chica stays overnight and you don't know about her ID.

Vedado Fun
10-17-06, 02:00
I always keep my valuables including passport and money locked in my suitcase. One of the casas I stay at has a closet with a big lock in my room. I normally lock all valuables in there. It's rare that a casa owner will touch any of your things. If you have a chica overnight the casa owner may check her ID and write the info in a book just for your protection. If the chica is staying overnight and the casa owner doesn't know you could ask the chica for her ID and tell her you will give it back to her in the morning. This will prevent her from leaving during the night while you are sleeping. Just hide her ID somewhere while she's in the bathroom. I've never had anything go missing during any of my trips to Cuba but like someone else said....."Don't give anyone the opportunity to disappoint you." You can never be too careful.

Here's a simple little security trick I use in my travels.

Whenever I leave my room to go out I gently put a small piece of paper on the top corner of the door as I close it. If this is missing when I return I know that someone has been in my room. You can also do this with closet doors. At one of the casas I stayed in Havana the casa owner entered my room and had the paper fall down. When I returned he apologized for entering my room. He never entered my room again after that. Instead of using paper you can also use a small piece of scotch tape. Just tape it on the corner of any door and onto the frame. If you tape it very high or very low nobody will ever notice it.

If your are worried that casa owners may touch your things I would also recommend that you never tell them exactly when you are leaving. If they know exactly when you are leaving and they steal something from you just a few hours before you leave there's nothing you can do about it because you won't have time to contact the Police. I've never had any problems myself with anything ever being stolen by a casa owner but some people have. I never tell them that I am leaving until just an hour or so before I actually leave. One time I actually didn't even see the casa owner before I left so I just left the keys and the money I owed on the table and locked the door.

Once again I have to say you can never be too careful.

El Grande
10-17-06, 09:52
I do have a question regarding security. How do you protect your valuables in a casa particular?

As you have to bring most of the money in cash, and as well your passport needs to be stored in a secure place.

Just lock it with a padlock in your bag?

Especially when the chica stays overnight and you don't know about her ID.I always stay in casas who have at least a desk or a cabinet to lock up. If there ain't no possibilities to lock your items up somewhere, put it under the mattress. The chica won't be able to take it out while you sleep on it. Another possibility would be to wear the key to your casa on a necklace.

But above all, I wouldn't do an allnighter with a chica that doesn't wanna show you her ID.

BeersTerry
10-17-06, 13:17
1. Never stay in a illegal casa as you will have no recourse.
2. Lock your valuables in your suitcase, if it is a hard case, even better.
3. Lock your room.
4. Carry a photocopy of your passport.
5. The crime is petty, they will take your chain, watch, even the your sunglasses and the baseball hat off your head.

If anything gets stolen, report it to the police. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. You might be surprised at how fast your stuff turns up.

Yeah, and don't let that chica out of your sight...you never know what she will take.

Digital Curry
10-31-06, 20:25
I've heard you can rent cars cheaply in Havana for a whole month for $1000. Does anyone know about that?

Thomas

Scottish Male
10-31-06, 23:11
I am currently living in Mexico near Hermosillo and want to come to Cuba (Havana) in the next 2 weeks. Does anyone know of a way to get there in one day and can i easily change mexican pesos in Cuba without penalty.

Any other help is appreciated.

QuackUp
11-07-06, 18:42
In case anyone is going to Cuba and are flying Mexicana ( Click ), they have discontinued the 17:00 flight out of Havana. I was there two weeks ago to see my girlfriend, so I had to cut it a bit short with her to catch the early morning flight out. I didn't find out until I reached Cancun. This was the Havana to Cancun flight.

I guess there is a first time for everything. On this last trip, I finally got pulled over at the baggage claim and was asked alot of questions from the customs guy. I just stayed cool and polite and in the end, everything worked out okay. I was delayed about an extra 2 hours with all the questions and the search through the luggage.

The one thing that helped was cooperating with the guy and fortunately having a magazine with the cover of J-Lo on it. I guess the guy was in love with her and we started to talk about how good looking she was and her big behind. Anyways that put both of us at ease, and in the end, I didn't have to pay anything.

If the guy was a real prick, I could have ended up paying taxes of $200 or more. I believe you are only allowed up to $100 duty free and then it is a dollar for dollar tax on everything else. I maybe wrong on the figures so if anyone knows better, please let everyone here know.

Another thing that helped was how I packed some of the items. I had gifts for her father and nephews and fortunately, they all wear medium and I packed the gifts as they were my own. Nothing I could do about the boxes of chocolates, but as he was going through it, I asked if he would like a box, and though I could tell he wanted it, he politely refused.

So for anyone not stopped in customs before, my advice is to be patience, expect a delay of up to two hours and be polite to the guy.

Hope this helps!

q

LatinBull
11-09-06, 16:00
I will be in Guanabo last week of november to enjoy the beach and the local talent.
PM me if you want to hook up for a beer.
PD: Thanks to Cubiche for valuable tips around Guanabo.
LatinBull

Block Partier
11-11-06, 04:17
I want to see if I get it. Starting on 1/1/2007 an American needs a passport to get IN to Mexico. Therefore , if you're flying from havana to the states via Cancun, your passport will be stamped by Mexico after the Havana to Cancun leg of your return. Therefore starting 1/1/2007 U.S. customs might be more of a problem than in the past. Does that about sum it up ? I was hoping for New years in Cuba but this would mees up those plans. I also understand that maybe nobody knows exactly whats going to happen on 1/1/2007. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

LatinBull
11-16-06, 17:03
http://www.cuba-maps.com/destinations/havana/east_havana_beaches.asp

Including, Playas del Este.....
Use the scroll bars on the map to move N,S,E,W, use the mignifying tool to zoom the map in or out, and when happy with selection, just click, print the map. Put your booklet together.
LatinBull

PincheCabron
11-16-06, 22:06
I want to see if I get it. Starting on 1/1/2007 an American needs a passport to get IN to Mexico. Therefore , if you're flying from havana to the states via Cancun, your passport will be stamped by Mexico after the Havana to Cancun leg of your return. Therefore starting 1/1/2007 U.S. customs might be more of a problem than in the past. Does that about sum it up ? I was hoping for New years in Cuba but this would mees up those plans. I also understand that maybe nobody knows exactly whats going to happen on 1/1/2007. Thanks for any advice you can offer.Block Partier,

That could be a problem if your passport is brand spanking new with little or no stamps on it and that might induce some prick at the passport entry to have you checked out further if he sees something suspicious. Otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Chute
12-01-06, 04:53
Hi fellow mongers.

Thanks for all the valuable information.

I have a question:

Due to the unfavaorable situation with US$ and CUC, I want to bring some other cunrrecy to Cuba.

What currency do you guys recommend to exchange CUC?

I am thinking about Canadaian $.

What currency does Cuba accept?

Thanks.

Berthold
12-01-06, 08:43
Just bring Canadian dllars and you will be fine. In general they accept euros, swiss franks, the british pound and us dollars

Don`t bring US Dollars to Cuba cause they charge you a 10% commision to exchange the dollars cause it is "officially" forbidden in cuba.

Hve fun

Hi fellow mongers.

Thanks for all the valuable information.

I have a question:

Due to the unfavaorable situation with US$ and CUC, I want to bring some other cunrrecy to Cuba.

What currency do you guys recommend to exchange CUC?

I am thinking about Canadaian $.

What currency does Cuba accept?

Thanks.

El Grande
12-01-06, 13:43
I know about:

Canadian $, Euros and Swissfrancs

Andre2004
12-01-06, 20:18
No the problem with the Canadian dollar

Rates here

http://www.banco-metropolitano.com/tasasn.htm

TJnightwalker
12-05-06, 00:52
How much american dollars (in average) do you have to pay a girl for:

1.- An hour.
2.- All night.
3.- 24 hours.

Can somebody provide that information?

I'm heading Cuba on January 07 and any tips are very welcome.

What is the best monger city in the island?

Thanks.

Fido Dido
12-05-06, 21:28
1.- An hour.
2.- All night.
3.- 24 hours.
Thanks.
Prices: if you play it well and are lucky you pay nothing. If you're no so smart you will get married and eventually it will cost you half of what you do posses and some years of alemony.

No kidding:
ST even for a someone with bad knowledge of spanish and inexperienced in Cuba should not be more then 20-30 CUC.
LT same price.

Last time I was in Cuba I was with a girl for 5 days. Of course I payed all costs when we went out. But that was very cheap. Romantic dinner in my casa: 2*5 CUC, beer: 1 CUC per tin, entance for discos: 5 CUC per disco, normal taxi costs. At the end we did some shopping for her (clothes, perfume) at a worth of 60 CUC and I gave her 50 CUC cash.

Member #3200
12-06-06, 09:38
why do Euros tend 2 overspend on Cuban hookers,take them out,buy all sorts of gifts & then pay them cash on top of everything-thats just bad

I guess Europeans with their more holiday time then North Americans & their socialism(cradle 2 grave govenment handouts-a society of entitlement) leads 2 overspending,causing a new market price in Cuba & with the Cuban government clipping 8-10% above exchange rates across the board,mongering in Cuba is dying as fast as Fidel is.
Once Cuba was the western hemisphere's greatest sexual playground no longer exists.

Berthold
12-06-06, 10:00

1.- An hour.
2.- All night.
3.- 24 hours.

Thanks.Well last time I was in Cuba I only paid for food and drinks and sex was always for free. 20 cuc per day is a good offer I mean it is more than average people make in a month. Prices usually depend from several facts: like how good are your spanish skills, the monger area in havana for example, the age gap.

For me the best place to monger is Cuba is havana cause it is la capital. There are several barrios with hardly any tourists like la vibora, cerro, la lisa and there you have the chance to meet semi pros or college girls who just want to leave the country, and who are earger to meet foreigners. I usually avoid centro havana, havana vieja, the Malecon area, as there is simply to much hustling and too many hard core pros.

Have fun

Fido Dido
12-07-06, 03:11
why do Euros tend 2 overspend on Cuban hookers,take them out,buy all sorts of gifts & then pay them cash on top of everything-thats just bad

I guess Europeans with their more holiday time then North Americans & their socialism(cradle 2 grave govenment handouts-a society of entitlement) leads 2 overspending,causing a new market price in Cuba & with the Cuban government clipping 8-10% above exchange rates across the board,mongering in Cuba is dying as fast as Fidel is.
Once Cuba was the western hemisphere's greatest sexual playground no longer exists.About comparing Europeans to North Americans when it comes to overspending: I am very sorry but to my humble opinion the most expensive, most ugly and worst hookers anywere in the world can be found in the US. Any idea why? Do you want me to explain?

Member #3200
12-07-06, 03:54
i wasnt talking about overspending on hookers here because it's a given all prostitutes here think their pussies are made out of gold.
I was talking about european men especially Italians paying Cuban hookers 2 much-gifts & cash 4 services.
20CUC 4 short time(1-2hrs)
30CUC(maybe 40) 4 toda la noche(all night)

Fido Dido
12-08-06, 00:58
i wasnt talking about overspending on hookers here because it's a given all prostitutes here think their pussies are made out of gold.
I was talking about european men especially Italians paying Cuban hookers 2 much-gifts & cash 4 services.
20CUC 4 short time(1-2hrs)
30CUC(maybe 40) 4 toda la noche(all night)I don't understand. Do you consider 20-30 CUC for ST-LT overspending? For me that is no overspending.

Well last time I was in Cuba I only paid for food and drinks and sex was always for free. 20 cuc per day is a good offer I mean it is more than average people make in a month.Wages (including tips) in the tourist industry are way more. And 20 CUC is the equivalent to 20 beers. I don't consider 20 beers very much for a month wage.

For me the best place to monger is Cuba is havana cause it is la capital. There are several barrios with hardly any tourists like la vibora, cerro, la lisa and there you have the chance to meet semi pros or college girls who just want to leave the country, and who are earger to meet foreigners.I am no saint, but I am not luring a woman in bed by suggesting I will help her leave the country or suggesting a relation.

Chute
12-12-06, 21:46
Hi fellow mongers.

I am in Havana now.

The scene is just as good as I expected.

Moderate presence of police and descent number of chicas.

I will make a full report later.

Do anybody know chica friendly casa in Santiago?

I wanna explore Santiago vicinity later on.

And will make a report in Santiago too.

Any info is appreciated.

Chute

Gcooke
12-14-06, 16:18
Chute, I am there on teh 19th will you still be in country?

Gcookie

PolyOrchid
12-19-06, 18:05
About comparing Europeans to North Americans when it comes to overspending: I am very sorry but to my humble opinion the most expensive, most ugly and worst hookers anywere in the world can be found in the US. Any idea why? Do you want me to explain?

Fido,
You are so right. The norm in the Excited States is for women to rip you off, if not with prices, certainly for service.

Sunset Strip
12-27-06, 21:50
It seems there is some confusion. Plese let me know if I am right:
If, say, a US sitizen flies into Cuba, on the way back if he flies into Mexico, US customs cannot do anything to him. And Mexican customs does not care where he has been.

Also, can you use or exchange at a good rate Mexican pesos in havana?

I have searched this forum somewhat but have not seen these exact questions answered. Sorry if i am redundant. I am a regular visitor to Rio but want to branch out.

What are some of the major mongering differences between Rio and havana?

TJ

PincheCabron
12-28-06, 08:18
TJ,

The answer to your first question is Yes; as long as you don't mention you took a side trip to Cuba. I exchanged some mexican peso for the CUC and I believe I actually got a much better rate than the Canadian dollar which I had most of. Go figure. I'm gonna go the Mexican peso route totally next time.

It seems there is some confusion. Plese let me know if I am right:

If, say, a US sitizen flies into Cuba, on the way back if he flies into Mexico, US customs cannot do anything to him. And Mexican customs does not care where he has been.

Also, can you use or exchange at a good rate Mexican pesos in Havana?

I have searched this forum somewhat but have not seen these exact questions answered. Sorry if I am redundant. I am a regular visitor to Rio but want to branch out.

What are some of the major mongering differences between Rio and havana?

TJ

Sunset Strip
12-28-06, 22:09
Thanks. This sounds like a win-win situation for me. I will continue reading this thread for other info. But if I have some specific questions I might pm you.

TJ

Niallmac
01-01-07, 15:04
I am visiting Cuba for the first time next week, can anyone let me know is it safe to leave your money in the bedroom of a casa or is it better to just carry it around with you. As i've heard credit cards and travellers cheques are just a pain.

PincheCabron
01-02-07, 04:03
I've never had any problems with money disappearing in the casas I've rented. Just use common sense and don't leave your wallet or any valuables out in plain view when you to leave. Opportunity can make a thief out of anyone. Of course I'm talking about legal casas. I'm actually more paranoid leaving stuff in Mexican hotels.

I am visiting Cuba for the first time next week, can anyone let me know is it safe to leave your money in the bedroom of a casa or is it better to just carry it around with you. As i've heard credit cards and travellers cheques are just a pain.

El Grande
01-02-07, 10:44

Look for a casa with a safe or a desk you can lock up. I wouldn't recommend to carry it with you. Allthough Cuba is a very safe place, I've heard of several muggings. And you can't enjoy yourself anyways if you have to watch your pockets all day long.
I always take travellers cheques with me. I think its the safest way. If they get stolen you can get newones. You can change them in every Cuban bank. Just take them in Euro or Swissfrancs. In Dollars they really can be a pain in the ass, because Cubans charge you to much to change them.
Credit cards ARE a pain in the ass because Cubans charge lots of taxes.

Spastar
01-02-07, 13:16
Hi there, I’m a long time lurker and need some advise.

I’m going to have one week to travel to the Caribbean with a buddy. We are both in our early 30’s and have been give time off from the SO’s. We have narrow the search down to the Caribbean only because of we don’t want to spent 24 hours in a plane to go over sea’s otherwise I think Thailand would be our 1st option.

However, that been said I have been to Mexico Cancun Palya de caramen, Cuba Veradaro and Jamaica Nigril before with the wife. I never got an opportunity to hobby. TBH, I’m not sure there is much at those places for the hobby.

Here are some questions I hope some of you might be able to answer.

Where in the Caribbean should be go? We want to be able to hobby but also want to have some beach days and travel on some tours as well. We would like a resort near some night life.

Should we book an All Inclusive hotel? (We will want separate rooms)

If so what AI resorts would be best for us?

If not would hotels would be best?

Hope this is not to much to ask.

Thanks in advance.

PincheCabron
01-04-07, 06:17
The Dominican Republic sounds more like what you're looking for. The days of resort-beach-chicas ended in cuba in the 90s. Don't get me wrong it can still happen, but not in any resort close to a 5 star hotel. If you wanna be adventurous then hit any public beach in cuba and you could get lucky.

Hi there, I’m a long time lurker and need some advise.

I’m going to have one week to travel to the Caribbean with a buddy. We are both in our early 30’s and have been give time off from the SO’s. We have narrow the search down to the Caribbean only because of we don’t want to spent 24 hours in a plane to go over sea’s otherwise I think Thailand would be our 1st option.

However, that been said I have been to Mexico Cancun Palya de caramen, Cuba Veradaro and Jamaica Nigril before with the wife. I never got an opportunity to hobby. TBH, I’m not sure there is much at those places for the hobby.

Here are some questions I hope some of you might be able to answer.

Where in the Caribbean should be go? We want to be able to hobby but also want to have some beach days and travel on some tours as well. We would like a resort near some night life.

Should we book an All Inclusive hotel? (We will want separate rooms)

If so what AI resorts would be best for us?

If not would hotels would be best?

Hope this is not to much to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Davis
01-05-07, 14:41
Hi fellow mongers,

I'm planning my trip for March I do have some short qestions.

1. It is reported before that upon arrival customs will focus on single white male. What happens if they find lets say the amount of 30 condoms in my bag?

2. What is the average rate per night for a casa particular?

3. What is the general attitude of the cubanitas re taking photos? Big problem or easy going? Did you offer money?

4. Will your camera equipment be checked for that kind of pics during departure?

5. Being white (34 yo), will it be a problem to be seen together with a (more or less) black lady? Big trouble to go for lunch, dinner or to the beach? Any particular experience?

Thanks very much in advance,

Greg

Fido Dido
01-05-07, 20:04
1. It is reported before that upon arrival customs will focus on single white male. What happens if they find lets say the amount of 30 condoms in my bag?

ANSWER: As a single white male I did visit Cuba several times. Aduana never focused on me. If asked always say you come for tourism. Aduana don't care that you come for sex. Aduana will focus on:
a) Cubans
b) Persons coming in with a lot of luggage
b) Persons who very often come to Cuba

2. What is the average rate per night for a casa particular?

ANSWER: 20 - 35 CC
20: normal casa in small town
35: luxurious in Habana

3. What is the general attitude of the cubanitas re taking photos? Big problem or easy going? Did you offer money?

ANSWER: photos dressed: no problem. Photos naked: depends on the girl. Aks before. Do NOT offer extra money.

4. Will your camera equipment be checked for that kind of pics during departure?

ANSWER: might be possible, but never happened to me. Put an inocent memory chip in your camera and put less inocent memory chips in another location. For instance: wallet, money belt.

5. Being white (34 yo), will it be a problem to be seen together with a (more or less) black lady? Big trouble to go for lunch, dinner or to the beach? Any particular experience?

ANSWER: yes it will be a problem. Not for you but for the lady. Chance of problems is correlated to:
a) Difference in colour of the couple
b) Difference in age of the couple
c) Town you are. Cienfuegos is terrible, but this year I saw some black/white couples in Habana Vieja.
d) Location were you are. Walking in the street: difficult. Together in disco: less trouble. Dinner at your casa: ok.
The partner you are with should be familiar with the risks she takes.

Greg Davis
01-05-07, 23:36
Fido Dido, thanks for the quick and precise reply. Very appreciated - that will help a lot.

Is there any special reason why you highlight that offering money (for taking photos) is not a good idea?

Are there any casa-particular landlords you can recommend (havana-rentals. com for example looks interesting, but does not quote prices)?

Thanks once again,

Greg

Fido Dido
01-06-07, 22:56
Is there any special reason why you highlight that offering money (for taking photos) is not a good idea?I highlight NOT offering money in order to keep prices on a level as they are. In Havana never pay more then 30 CUC. Elsewere the maximum is 20 CUC. If chicas don't like it for that price then skip them. If they want more they probably have an attitude and will be not much fun in bed.
If you are not too old/ugly and you have a bit of personality you can even get girls for free.

Are there any casa-particular landlords you can recommend (havana-rentals. com for example looks interesting, but does not quote prices)?Havana-rentals may be a good option although I did have some bad experiences with them. If you go for Havana-rentals then do NOT go for the casa of Mrs Laubel at La Linea. The woman is completely paranoid. Also if you rent for very short time the risk exists that the casa you reserved finally is rented to someone else. When having a casa try not to pay too much days in advance. Maximum is three days in advance. And have it confirmed in an e-mail that you may invite guests.

European Man
01-31-07, 20:45
A guide about cuba

http://www.solidaridadconcuba.com/documentos/Guia.pdf

Sainter21
02-06-07, 00:31
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions. I have scoured the thread and the FAQ and the search function, but I´m still a little confused.

I hope to make a sidetrip while I´m in Cancun.

Firstly, what is the go with money. I have US$ but I believe there is a heavy commission to change these. Should I get a load of Mex Pesos and change those, or can I use my debit card (Australian) to use at atm´s...if any/many?

My other question is in regards to accomodation. I will either get a package deal with flight/3* hotel, but would the hotel allow....er, 'overnight' guests?
Or, I will Casa it, it seems cheaper, but don´t you have to have a hotel address on your tourist card upon entry? Can you put the name and address of a Casa?

Thanks heaps.

MrGreek
02-06-07, 12:35
Firstly, what is the go with money. I have US$ but I believe there is a heavy commission to change these. Should I get a load of Mex Pesos and change those, or can I use my debit card (Australian) to use at atm´s...if any/many?

My other question is in regards to accomodation. I will either get a package deal with flight/3* hotel, but would the hotel allow....er, 'overnight' guests?
Or, I will Casa it, it seems cheaper, but don´t you have to have a hotel address on your tourist card upon entry? Can you put the name and address of a Casa?

Thanks heaps.

Hiya Sainter,

There are not many ATM's in Cuba that accept western debit cards. I'm from Canada and it is relatively easy to go into a bank in Cuba and convert Cdn $'s to CUC. Since you will be in Mexico, use your debit card to get Mexican pesos and convert once in Cuba. Another relatively easy way to get CUC's would be by using your Australian credit card. All banks would accept Visa or Mastercard. I wouldn't bank on using an Amex card though. You can change money at the airport in Habana when you arrive.

Cuban bank website:

http://www.bc.gov.cu/English/exchange_rate.asp

As for accommodations, booking a casa through internet is the best solution. They will send you a confirmation email. Lots of websites on internet for you to view. Just google "casa particulars Havana" and you'll find tons of websites. 99.99% of the hotels in Cuba will not allow overnight guests for tourists.

ps. don't bother with package deals out of Cancun, simply buy a airline ticket

Digital Curry
02-26-07, 23:10
Hello Mongers,

My friend in Toronto doesn't use computers. I'm in La Habana and it is too expensive to call him. Could somebody in Canada call my friend and ask him if he bought airfare yet? If yes, when and what city will he arrive?

Thanks

digitalcurry

Digital Curry
02-27-07, 18:27
If anyone wants to meet up with me while I'm down on the island, I'm going on March 5 for two months. And I'm an expert on the island. I've spent 14 months there in my life. Personal message me ....

ciao

Digital Curry
02-27-07, 19:44
I have been to Cuba twenty times. I have 14 months in my life there.
I am going back from March 5 - May 3.
Join me or meet me there. Lets talk...
Anyone who wants to join me should send a
Personal message with contact info and we'll talk by phone.
Or email contact after March 4.

Fido Dido
02-28-07, 20:54
November 2006

Birmingham Town
03-01-07, 21:11
Hi,

Does anyone know a girl called YISET in Havana? She has kind of curly hair? I met her in the last trip and but lost her contact.

Lazy Summer
03-05-07, 06:35
I am interested in taking a couple of Chicas to the Middle East as waitresses for a Spainish restaurant I am opening. Of course, they will have late night duty as well. Everything will be strictly legal. They will be given proper employment contracts, visas, salaries, etc.

Is this at all possible? What are the formalities to be completed? How does one go about it. Any information/help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Granola Boy
03-07-07, 10:12
Seriously. I'm going to Cuba next month and I'm from N. America. It's my first time there, but not first time for P4P.

I've read some reports on here saying how the treatment is for dark-skinned Cubans w/ tourists, but how is it for Cubans (light and dark) with darker skinned tourists?

I don't speak enough Spanish and can only muster a few words (shame since I should know).

Also, I'm going to be staying in an all-inclusive with family, but I plan to get away and stay in a casa. However, what are the odds to hook up with a younger (over 18) tourist? It sounds like these places are filled with nothing but rugrats, mothers, fathers and older. I'm in my late 20s and I want to find around the same age (give or take a few years) or should I give up?

I've been around the world and tried other flavours, so if you want some info about other continents, feel free to PM me.

GB

Mikecnyc
03-10-07, 03:32
Seriously. I'm going to Cuba next month and I'm from N. America. It's my first time there, but not first time for P4P.

I've read some reports on here saying how the treatment is for dark-skinned Cubans w/ tourists, but how is it for Cubans (light and dark) with darker skinned tourists?

I don't speak enough Spanish and can only muster a few words (shame since I should know).

Also, I'm going to be staying in an all-inclusive with family, but I plan to get away and stay in a casa. However, what are the odds to hook up with a younger (over 18) tourist? It sounds like these places are filled with nothing but rugrats, mothers, fathers and older. I'm in my late 20s and I want to find around the same age (give or take a few years) or should I give up?

I've been around the world and tried other flavours, so if you want some info about other continents, feel free to PM me.

GBI haven't been in a couple of years, but I used to travel to Cuba a few times a year for a least 5 year period. I'm white so I may not be the best to answer, but for a lot of the non and semi pros I was with, race tended to be a factor. Don't get me wrong, I doubt you will have problems getting a nice girl, but a lot of girls are very mindful of not being with a guy who is darker than they are.

On one visits with a black friend of mine, who has no problems with getting girls in NY, I noticed girls tended to approach me first. Granted, it would only take a few minutes longer for another to latch on to him, but there was a subtle, but nevertheless real difference.

Pros are pros, and so I really doubt you will ever find skin color to be a factor, but you don't go to Cuba for the pros.

Tourist girls are hit or miss, but can be had. I remember going to the disco in the Havana Libre with the cubana de jour having a great time. I would always get a kick out of seeing single euro and canadian girls looking around not getting any attention with all the men having a blast with the locals.

Which part of Cuba are you visiting?

Pussy Seeker
03-12-07, 03:39
Hello Brothers,

How feasible is it for an American to travel to Cuba out of Costa Rica and avoid stamps of customs of either countries? I would appreciate your input on this.

Happy hunting.

Vegas Vic
03-13-07, 03:25
I haven't yet been to Cuba, but am considering a trip. I am a fairly experienced monger, but my Spanish is very basic. I am hoping you can help answer some questions.

1) What's the deal with CUP and CUC are there two different currencies? I see everything listed in the forum as CUC, is CUP no longer used?

2) For a person from the US, is it best to convert dollars into some other currency and then convert to CUC after arrival? Or are USD and CUC interchangable? Will everyone will accept USD?

3) Where (city / barrio) in Cuba is the best place for me to stay? The beach is nice, but I am really only interested in mongering and will have no more than a week.

4) Based on what I've read in the forum, I will need a casa as it appears hotels are not guest friendly. Where can I find a good casa in a good location? Any recommendations? Should I arrange this in advance?

5) Where do I go to meet ladies? If I walk around the streets are they going to approach me? What are the best streets? Any maps? Best discos or other places, etc?

6) What is the ratio of white to black women? I am not racist, but black women just don't turn me on much. Also, I am not fond of chubby chicks. Am I going to have problems or have to pay higher pricing? I am interested in light-skinned, skinny women.

7) Do I need to avoid or be afraid of the police? Based on what I've read in the forum, police don't like the girls being with foreigners. Is this correct? Any recommended approaches?

Thanks a lot in advance. I promise a detailed report on my return!

Mikecnyc
03-13-07, 04:40
Hello Brothers,

How feasible is it for an American to travel to Cuba out of Costa Rica and avoid stamps of customs of either countries? I would appreciate your input on this.

Happy hunting.I wouldn't bet on not getting stamped entering Costa Rica. Avoiding a cuban entry or exit stamp is not a problem. The problem is that you will have two entry stamps from Costa Rica. It may be hard to explain to US immigration, if they catch it. If they do, I'd say you took a short flight to Nica during your trip and they never stamped you in or out.

The bullet proof way for Americans to travel to Cuba without detection, is to re enter the US via mexico or canada via land without a passport. Of course, you only have another few months to do this before the land crossing passport requirement goes into effect.

MC

Imperial521
03-14-07, 21:41
I've heard of Cuban racial problems from people here on the board, but I am curious as to how Cubans see asians? Are there even asian people in Cuba?

Mikecnyc
03-15-07, 05:31
I've heard of Cuban racial problems from people here on the board, but I am curious as to how Cubans see asians? Are there even asian people in Cuba?

There is a small Chinatown in old Havana(best food in cuba). One of the hottest girls I've seen was a mixed chinese/cuban hostess at a barrio chino restaurant.

I've seen a few Asian tourists back in the day and they seemed happy. China is investing pretty heavily on the island. I think I read a new chinese hotel was being built in Mirimar.

MC

Rebel Monger
03-15-07, 10:30
I've heard of Cuban racial problems from people here on the board, but I am curious as to how Cubans see asians?
Asian are very well accepted in Cuba but don't be surprise to be called "chino" (Chinese) even if you're not.

Are there even asian people in Cuba?
I don't know about 100% Asian right now, but there were many Chinese living in Cuba when Castro took over. I have some Chinese blood myself, and I'm Cuban. I don't have any visual Asian characteristic, but older relatives did.

El Grande
03-15-07, 22:34
I haven't yet been to Cuba, but am considering a trip. I am a fairly experienced monger, but my Spanish is very basic. I am hoping you can help answer some questions.

Thanks a lot in advance. I promise a detailed report on my return!

1) CUP=Cuban Pesos, CUC=Cuban Peso convertibile. 1 CUC=24 CUP. Tourist currency is CUC.

2) Change it into traveller cheques or into Canadian$ or Euros. Cubans don't accept US$ and the banks take 10% Taxes.

3) In Vedado, Havana

4) Just search the web, e.g.:
http://www.geocities.com/vedadohabana/list.html
http://www.havana-rentals.com/indice.htm

5) Easiest places for a newbie are the Malecon, and la Rampa. Sometimes the chicas whistle at you but mostly you have to aproach them. Just ask any girl at the Malecon or la Rampa. "Good girls" don't go there at night.

6) All colors. Hardly any chubbies. You'll be in paradise.

7) You don't have to be affraid (as long as the chicas are 18+), the girls have to be. Just hold their hands and the police won't bother you (mostly).

Have fun! Looking forward to some pics!

HuevosAzul
03-19-07, 00:55
1) CUP=Cuban Pesos, CUC=Cuban Peso convertibile. 1 CUC=24 CUP. Tourist currency is CUC.

2) Change it into traveller cheques or into Canadian$ or Euros. Cubans don't accept US$ and the banks take 10% Taxes.

3) In Vedado, Havana

4) Just search the web, e.g.:
http://www.geocities.com/vedadohabana/list.html
http://www.havana-rentals.com/indice.htm

5) Easiest places for a newbie are the Malecon, and la Rampa. Sometimes the chicas whistle at you but mostly you have to aproach them. Just ask any girl at the Malecon or la Rampa. "Good girls" don't go there at night.

6) All colors. Hardly any chubbies. You'll be in paradise.

7) You don't have to be affraid (as long as the chicas are 18+), the girls have to be. Just hold their hands and the police won't bother you (mostly).

Have fun! Looking forward to some pics!Actually, be very careful while in public with the chicas. A friend of mine was just waiting in line with his chica at casa de la musica in el centro habana. An undercover cop came up to them, split them apart, and proceded to take her to the police station; and this chica doesn't even have a record! You've all been warned. Now, if you're with older chicas, the chances that you're bothered by the police is going to be slim. I'm talking about when you're with the young chicas; that's when it's dangerous for them.

Tattle
03-19-07, 01:30
I am new to the scene, as far as out of Canada goes. My question is whether my age of 57 will present a problem in getting the chicas.

HuevosAzul
03-19-07, 23:45
I am new to the scene, as far as out of Canada goes. My question is whether my age of 57 will present a problem in getting the chicas.You will have absolutely no problems at all. The girls are there to make their money from you, therefore age is irrelevant. Now, if you expect to go there and meet someone that you want to have a romantic relationship with, then it's slim to none. Now that's out of the way, condition your mind to just scoring with as many babes as possible. Places to go are the malecon, el prado, casa de la musica, or practically any place. If you talk to the guys who'll arrange taxis for you near el prado, these guys have extremly good resources and can set you up with some real knock-outs; I'm talking 9+ in the looks of these girls. Same goes inside casa de la musica; befriend a local, and they'll do all the leg work for you if you can't speak much spanish; you go in, pick the one you'd like to be with, and presto, you're on your way back to your casa with the babe just minutes away from the sex. So, don't sweat it, and have fun. Two things, don't overpay her, and don't give her more than 5 dollars for a taxi; they can get anywhere in havana for that amount; especially if they take the taxi for locals.

World Cruiser
04-01-07, 14:43
I've been to Cuba several times but have always stayed in Havana and hung out with local girls. This time I want to spend time with 2 girls I know from the provinces. I don't know enough about how things work to know if I'm better off to try to bring them to Havana or to go there. One lives in Guantanamo and the other in Santiago de Cuba. If I bring them to Havana I will have to get them tickets on Cubana and since I live in the US I can't do that by credit card. If I go to the provinces I don't know how bad the girls will be hassled. They're both completely non-pro and I don't want them to have problems.

I'm fairly familiar with Cuba but my knowledge is limited to La Habana so I'd like to ask a veteran about some specific details in the provinces:

(1) Is the girl more likely to be hassled by the police when with a foreigner in a city like Santiago or Guantanamo than in Habana? I don't know about Santiago but I don't think Guantanamo even has taxis. so we'd have to walk a lot.

(2) What about the infrastructure? Is it difficult to find girl friendly and private casas in those two places? Are there restaurants or paladares? Supermarkets to by water, booze, etc?

(3) How reliable is Cubana? Can I wait to book flights to those cities or for the girls by contacting Cubana when I am in Cuba?

Since there's not much on this subject in the forums I'll be sure to share my experience when I come back.

Thanks

El Grande
04-02-07, 20:03
Hi Worldcruiser

I'm just back from almost 2 months Cuba now. I travelled around the whole island. I was in Havana, Cienfuegos, Moron, Camaguey, Santa Clara, Trinidad, on the Cayos, Santi Spiritus,...

As far as I noticed there's nowhere as much hassle as in Havana. The reason is, that all the country-chicas go there to make money from the tourists. And if they get caught by the police they get deported to their hometown in the provinces. So if you go to the country there won't be much hassle as long as you pick up girls out of the towns/cities you are going to. And beside there isn't that much police like in Havana.
There are places without car-taxis, but there certainly exist other taxis like bicycle-cabs or carriages. And they are about a 10th as expensive as the fukkn Havana-cabs.

The infrastructure is mostly not that bad (for Cuban Standarts) and you'll find restaurants and paladares in every bigger town. Every city has its CUC-Supermarkets. Water and booze can be bought in most places, because most villages do have their CUC-Stuff-KIOSK (little Container where you can buy Booze, Water, cosmetics...). If you are looking for girlfriendly casas I'd recomend to ask around when you are there. If someone doesn't allow it just ask for the next casa, everyone knows someone else who rents out too. And if you have a chica there just tell her to arrange everything for you.

I never went with Cubana. One of my chicas booked there and had to wait 20 days for her ticket (Cubans pay only 20 Cuban Pesos Havana-Camaguey!!!!). I don't know if that is standart, but if you don't wanna wait that long go to the bus-station (terminal de autobus / next to the plaza de la revolution) in Havana. There you can book Via-Azul for about 20$ trough the whole island (Havana-Camaguey was 8 hours). And if you want it a little more private you can rent one of the taxis that are waiting outside of the bus-station to pick up people who want to travel to the country (But they are very expensive).

I had a blast in the Provinces and I'll definitively will go back there allthough I like Havana too. But in the Provinces everything is much cheaper and the hassle isn't that annoying like in Havana.

Hope you'll enjoy it too and if you have any questions there just ask the chicas, they know best where they can go with you.

World Cruiser
04-02-07, 22:46
El Grande,

That's exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks a lot. I'll post any other details I learn.

World Cruiser

Forzanat
04-03-07, 14:54
I've been to Cuba several times but have always stayed in Havana and hung out with local girls. This time I want to spend time with 2 girls I know from the provinces. I don't know enough about how things work to know if I'm better off to try to bring them to Havana or to go there. One lives in Guantanamo and the other in Santiago de Cuba. If I bring them to Havana I will have to get them tickets on Cubana and since I live in the US I can't do that by credit card. If I go to the provinces I don't know how bad the girls will be hassled. They're both completely non-pro and I don't want them to have problems.

I'm fairly familiar with Cuba but my knowledge is limited to La Habana so I'd like to ask a veteran about some specific details in the provinces:

(1) Is the girl more likely to be hassled by the police when with a foreigner in a city like Santiago or Guantanamo than in Habana? I don't know about Santiago but I don't think Guantanamo even has taxis. so we'd have to walk a lot.

(2) What about the infrastructure? Is it difficult to find girl friendly and private casas in those two places? Are there restaurants or paladares? Supermarkets to by water, booze, etc?

(3) How reliable is Cubana? Can I wait to book flights to those cities or for the girls by contacting Cubana when I am in Cuba?

Since there's not much on this subject in the forums I'll be sure to share my experience when I come back.

ThanksI read your report.

For cuban statement people cannot leave its province witout a valid reason!

That is means they risk to come from the province in havana to stay with you.

Of course they can invent something but with policeman most of time don't work and they finish in police station and sure you will not see her for long time.

Better you go on those places by flying to Santiago first than from Santiago by bus to Guantanamo.

Guantanamo is a tourist place with some nice beach and nice hotels where you cannot bring chicas,or at least only for 1-2 hours if you pay the securety guard, or you can go in some near village where you can stay in casa particulares and so to have your chicas with you.
Have fun.

MisterXTC
04-05-07, 04:58
Guantanamo is a tourist place with some nice beach and nice hotels where you cannot bring chicas,or at least only for 1-2 hours if you pay the securety guard, or you can go in some near village where you can stay in casa particulares and so to have your chicas with you.

Have fun.I think you mean Guardalaca, not Guantanamo.

Forzanat
04-13-07, 20:53
I think you mean Guardalaca, not Guantanamo.Yea, thanks to correct me. Is Guardalavaca!

Doc Bill
04-14-07, 07:50
Hi my fellow Cubaphiles! It's been awhile since I've been there and I'm itching to go back soon. I used to be able to go through Mexico but last time they wrote in big letters on my passport: "Arrived from Havana, Cuba!" I hear that more people are getting caught now going through Mexico. Are there any safer alternatives? I go to Colombia now and then and I'm wondering if that is a safe way to go, from there. Please advise, and thanks much!

By the way, I did find an agent in Miami who gets me there "legally" with a religious license. I can do that, but it's damn expensive ($750!). I'm looking for a better idea. Thanks!

PincheCabron
04-14-07, 20:34
Doc you must've gotten on the wrong side of that agent or he decided he was just gonna be an asshole at that moment. No problems coming through mexico.
Colombia would be an interesting transit point just from the fact that you're hitting 2 great destinations! Mexico really can't compare except that it's just cheap to go through.

Hi my fellow Cubaphiles! It's been awhile since I've been there and I'm itching to go back soon. I used to be able to go through Mexico but last time they wrote in big letters on my passport: "Arrived from Havana, Cuba!" I hear that more people are getting caught now going through Mexico. Are there any safer alternatives? I go to Colombia now and then and I'm wondering if that is a safe way to go, from there. Please advise, and thanks much!

By the way, I did find an agent in Miami who gets me there "legally" with a religious license. I can do that, but it's damn expensive ($750!). I'm looking for a better idea. Thanks!

Doc Bill
04-15-07, 11:23
Do others agree? Is Mex. City and Cancun still safe and I just happened to get an asshole? What about bribing them?

What about all the stories I hear about people getting busted going through Mexico. Is that all they are, stories?

If in fact it's still safe, can anyone advise me the best way to do it? I'm in California.

Thanks much guys. I've got an itch to go back,which no doubt you all can understand!

B

World Cruiser
04-18-07, 04:12
Thanks to El Grande, Forzanat and all that gave me advice. Based on what I learned I have decided to go to the provinces to see the chicas rather than bring them to La Habana. I also decided to rent a car. I'll post a report about the provinces when I return.

World Cruiser

Pepe17
05-11-07, 16:00
I planned to go to cuba with my laptop, does the custom officer in the airport will allow me to take it to my hotel without any condition?

Pls help.

Cubalserito
05-12-07, 22:18
I planned to go to cuba with my laptop, does the custom officer in the airport will allow me to take it to my hotel without any condition?

Pls help.No problem to go to Cuba with laptop, but you have to return to your country with the computer. Otherwise you have to pay the applicable tax just like you import an eletronic device, I think is 100% of the full price, so don't loose your laptop!

New regulations! , DVD players are not forbidden to import to Cuba anymore, the applicable tax is 60 CUC.

Vedado Fun
05-13-07, 00:43
No problem taking your lpatop into Cuba. I do it all the time.

Jazzy Daddy
05-14-07, 20:19
Can I buy a sim card? What about land line service? I need to be in contact w/us. Any help will be appreciated...

Koki9290
05-19-07, 03:41
Can I buy a sim card? What about land line service? I need to be in contact w/us. Any help will be appreciated...Spent ten days in Havana at the beginning of the month on biz. Stayed at Nacional (no wireless. Business office), Victoria (two computers off lobby, cable hook-up in rooms if you can get a cable from them and wireless) and Riviera. Three shitty computers in business office)

Don't know about sim cards but doubt it.communication is controlled. Landlines in hotels were around $4 a minute. There are kiosks called "ETESCA" (sic) which are less expensive.

Maxx
05-28-07, 17:41
I have been checking out ways to get to Cuba from the US. There is a travel agency from the Bahamas - http://www.cubalinda.com - that seems legit and their website has a section for Americans who want to travel to Cuba. They give you a tourist ID card that they will supposedly stamp instead of your passport.

Does anyone have any ideas about whether this is a good method of traveling? Could this travel agency be a fake or share info with the US government? Thanks for the info.

PincheCabron
05-28-07, 20:54
Looks and sounds legitimate. I went through nassau once and the only caveat is that it if you say you've just spent 4 weeks in the island it may raise the suspicion of the customs. Apparently staying anymore than a week in nassau is strange. Remember this is US customs you are pre-clearing.

I have been checking out ways to get to Cuba from the US. There is a travel agency from the Bahamas - http://www.cubalinda.com - that seems legit and their website has a section for Americans who want to travel to Cuba. They give you a tourist ID card that they will supposedly stamp instead of your passport.

Does anyone have any ideas about whether this is a good method of traveling? Could this travel agency be a fake or share info with the US government? Thanks for the info.

Razor
05-29-07, 00:30
I don't know where you're trying to flight, but one option is to get your
ticket directly from Aero Canada and flight from Toronto or Montreal. I did a couple times before, no problem.

Prolijo
06-22-07, 06:27
BACKGROUND: Just so you know where I'm coming from. I'm fifty but very fit with mongering experience in 7-8 different countries over more than twice as many years and have traveled to 2-3 times more than that. I'm fairly street savvy but my spanish skills are only passable (I can carry on simple and basic conversations with the usual bad grammar and conjugation but can usually get my point across). My usual travel style is more basic than most gringos as I prefer to travel "closer to the ground" (cheap basic local hotels as opposed to western chain style places, buses vs. planes, cheap local food etc.). I also travel to experience the local flavor, culture, enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes, etc. with any mongering as more of a side benefit. So I feel up to the task of Cuba but I also recognize that it may present some unique challenges.

SITUATION: I'm planning a month-long trip to Central America starting a little over a month from now and am thinking of throwing in a week-long side-trip to Cuba somewhere in along the way. I have read through much of this forum but still have a few questions as to current conditions and various non-mongering issues.

QUESTIONS:
1) I'd prefer to reserve my flight to Cuba before I go, to lock in the rate and time, but would also prefer to minimize my paper trail back to the US and don't want to run anything on my credit card. I know there are agencies which will book flights out of Nassau and Cancun and all you have to do is send them a cashier's check but I'm flying into San Jose Costa Rica. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get around this short of waiting until I get down there?

2) Mexico doesn't charge their $44 exit tax if your stopover is less than 23 hours. Does CR have a similar policy?

3) I read somewhere about a new cuban policy requiring 3 prepaid nights at a hotel to enter Cuba or they will require you to purchase them when you arrive at a non-discounted rate. Is this currently the case? How does this work if you want to stay at a Casa while in Cuba?

4) I understand the booking systems in Cuba don't operate the like they do in most other places. If I reserve a casa (something I'm reluctant to do before I even have my plane ticket), I hear they might not actually hold my reservation if someone gets there before me (a bird in the hand). With the flight I'm looking at on TACA, I'm looking at getting in around 3PM (their alternative flight doesn't get in until 11PM, something I don't like to do when going to a strange city for the first time). Do I need to be concerned about losing any reservation I make? Do you guys ever make back up reservations or do you just rely on your casa finding you alternative accomodations if they give away your room or will it be fairly easy to find something else on my own once I get there at this time of year?

5) I understand that the preferred mongering accomodation is an independent casa (ie an apartment with a private entrance) or a casa which confirms that guests are allowed in and that the preferred mongering location is in the Vedado area. Given that my main focus will be absorbing as much local culture and nightlife as possible and that I probably don't anticipate having more than 3-4 sessions over the week if that many, do you think Vedado is still my best bet? Is Habana Viejo more colorful or just more touristy? Would I get more interaction with the local family if I go for a non-independent casa? Are there any particular casa's that you guys would recommend?

6) I understand that the mongering action is on the streets (especially the Malecon) rather than the clubs and any pick-ups in the clubs would probably be the more hard-cores, but I'm interesting in music and nightlife. Recommendations for salsa and jazz? Is the Tropicana show a must-see or just another touristy attraction (FYI, I plan to have at least one overpriced mojito at La BdelM before moving on to more off the beaten path alternatives).

7) I've read that food in Cuba is either very good OR very plain and overpriced depending on who you want to believe. Paladars seem to be the way to go, but are they being forced out of business the same way the casa are being squeezed? How much do they turn over or will places recommended 1-2 years ago or more still be around or as good? What would you recommend now? Los Tres Chinitos in chinatown for good pizza? Coppelias back in Vedado for an ice cream snack? Moquitos in Vedado across the street from the Habana Libre hotel? El Caribeńo, El Palenque, La Cocina de Lilliam, others?

8) Chicas? Walk the Malecon at sunset, catch eye contact, and approach discretely, 25-30CUC max for ST (I don't really go for TLNs when 1-3 hours will usually do it for me). Does that sum up the basics fair enough? Any other recommended hunting grounds, approaches, etc.? I understand that much cheaper GFE's might be had by more experienced Cuba vets but a) I'm not a Cuba vet, b) I won't be there long enough to really "work it" and c) my language skills are strong enough to negotiate but may not quite be up to "real romance".

9) Last but not least, are there any possible wingmen (experienced or even fellow inexperienced) out there that think they might be down around the same time that might want to try to hook up or join forces?

I'd appreciate any other tips or thoughts you guys might provide.

Rebel Monger
06-23-07, 06:04

Who knows what's going on with that agency. The owner, Philip Agee, is a "former" CIA agent who "broke" with USA and went to live in Cuba. Did he really!? Personally, I wouldn't trust him. Buyer beware!

Sprite13
06-23-07, 06:08
Hello gents,
I was considering spending a lengthy time in a latin country. I'm hesitating between 2 countries right now: Cuba and Argentina. I'd appreciate if the Cuba experts could answer some of the questions I have:

a) I'm planning on staying up to 6 months in Cuba. I have a canadian passport. What's the maximum amount of time I can stay in Cuba?

b) I'd want to enroll in a local university to improve my spanish. As a foreigner, is it easy to enroll for a language course? If yes, which university/school would be best?

c) Safety-wise, how safe is Cuba?

d) Which city would you recommend for me to stay there during my stay?

e) Is it easy to rent an appartment for 3-5 months? If yes, what is the price i should be expecting to pay for rent?

f) Last but definitely not least, which city would be best for mongering, both pros and non-pros?

g) If anyone who is familiar with both Cuba and Argentina could kindly do a comparaison of these 2 countries on the points I'm interested, I'd be truly grateful.

Cheers.

JPF
06-23-07, 17:07
Sprite,

I'm no expert on either but I have been to Havana and Buenos Aires one time each. On a 10 point scale for mongering I'd rate BA a 9 and Havana a 2.

Buenos Aires is a major metropolitan city with great restaurants, nightlife, and lots of established places to meet pros and semi-pros. Havana is a struggling small city with police everywhere and the mongering is mostly underground.

However, Cuba is a fairly unique place, the people are very friendly, and it would be a great trip. If you are living there and make contacts with the right locals, they will bring their women to you so it could turn out to be a great mongering locale but that is beyond my experience.

Trafalgar2
06-24-07, 03:36
Hi, I've been to Cuba 5 times in the last 3 years (last time in March) and am planning to go back there for a few weeks in autumn. I'm not a regular here at the forum, but from time to time I spend a few minutes reading some of the helpful threads. So I guess, now it's time for me as well to share a little bit of my "knowledge". As I'm not American I can not help you with all of your questions and so I just give you some personal views on the points I know about:

3) [. Requiring 3 prepaid nights at a hotel to enter Cuba. ] The last 2 times I had a fake voucher issued by my local travel agency with me (which will not be possible for you as far as I understand), just in case I would have been asked for it. But nope, I didn't even have to show it. The first time I went to Cuba, I just wrote the name of a cheaper hotel on the tourist card, no prob. The other 2 times I wrote name and address of a casa particular I had stayed in already, and no problem as well. So I guess, if you book a casa beforehand and write its address on the tourist card you won't have trouble.

4) [. The booking systems in Cuba don't operate the like they do in most other places. ] You could be right, this already happened to me either being the one who arrived at a pre-reserved casa which was already ocupied, as well as being the one who ocupied a casa pre-reserved by somebody else. But this is nothing I would worry about. It's part of the cuban system. The owner of the casa will be eager to take you to another place, and everybody will be happy (he already has a guest in his house anyway, the other casa-owner now as well, you have your accomodation, and. Not to forget. In addition to that, the owner of the casa where you made your reservation will receive a commission of usually 5 CUC for bringing you to the other casa). But it seems clever to arrive at 3PM rather than around midnight, because then it could become a little bit tricky to find another casa. Ah, and I would NEVER pay anything for the reservation beforehand, just to mention that.

5) [. The preferred mongering accomodation is an independent casa (ie an apartment with a private entrance) or a casa which confirms that guests are allowed. ] I must confess, I never had a casa with a private entrance, but then for me it never was necessary to sneak anybody in without being seen (I usually stay with a chica I like for more than just a few hours. GFE is my thing). Usually any casa. At least in Habana. Will accept chicas, BUT: most will just accept one chica during one stay, means, if you want to change chicas like your underwear, the solution with the private entrance would be wise, unless you want to change casas everytime you change girls. But for sure, other members of this forum can tell you more useful things about this aspect (or about using an illegal casa for ST, which I personally as well never have done. But a friend of mine has). Vedado area is fine, as it's close to everything, and I never even thought of staying in Habana Vieja (unless it wasn't at a cuban friends house), too much police, too much hustle (rs).

6)[. Mongering action is on the streets (especially the Malecon) rather than the clubs and any pick-ups in the clubs would probably be the more hard-cores. ] There may be some people in the forum who will agree on this statement. My experience is exactly the contrary (of course depending on the clubs you go to): On Malecon (at nighttime) I've not seen ONE "girl" (and beware of the T-Girls) which I would not judge as hard-core-pro, but then, as I mentioned before, I like the GFE-type. So take the word of a spanish friend of mine who went with. What he thought to be. One of the "nicer" Malecon-bitches to an illegal casa for one hour, and after 15 minutes or so she already urged him to come. You guess what, with that said, he was not willing (or able) to come anymore, but that puta still wanted 30 CUC from him (for 15 lousy minutes, and for sure it was not because of a lack of communication or something, and that guy is only 30 years old, attractive, and could easily have had a nice GFE with a student, a nurse, a teacher or so, but he wanted a quick fuck, and so he got screwed). Yeah, I know, this never ever would happen to an experienced monger, but I'm quite sure this happens a lot around Malecon, because these girls don't want to spend hours with one client, they want the quick buck and then be back for the next one, while (some) girls in the clubs are as well looking for a good time. Anyway, if you go to one of the illegal casas with a jinetera, I recommend you check the place out before (so you at least have some control and don't let her decide where to go), in order to have some sort of "safe haven" in case of problems, but don't count too much on that, her pimp might know the owner of the casa better than you (think). As for the music, salsa will be hard to miss, any club plays at least a bit of it, about jazz I don't have a clue, as I care more about reggaeton and similar stuff.

7) [. Food in Cuba is either very good OR very plain and overpriced. ] Yeah, for a 3rd world country, oops, never mention this with cubans, food is really expensive, even in "cheap" places, but then I compare quality and I decide to go to a restaurant where I pay maybe 8 CUC for a satisfying dinner (per person) instead of 2 or 3 CUC for something I would not serve to cockroaches. But then, while I'm on holidays, I don't want to eat worse than at home, just in order to save some 50 bucks in 2 weeks. Okay, at home as well, I wouldn't have "dinner" in a fast food chain or pick something out of the rubbish to save money. If I don't eat at home, I go to a restaurant and so I do in Cuba: You can usually eat good quality food in your casa (they want you to come back and eat there again, as it's a nice second income for them), if you care for Chinese food, there is plenty possibilities in barrio chino, as for the paladares, I can just recommend, check if they are clean, who eats there (families with kids or the bum from around the corner? ), and what they have to offer ("no hay. ") cause sometimes the list of what they don't have, is like the bible, so I usually interrupt and quickly ask them what they really have ("Entonces, que hay? ") in order to save myself from getting confused. So far I've done well that way, just once I picked up some REALLY CHEAP food in a paper box ("cajita") somerwhere in the streets, while I was walking around with a girl. Okay, call me choosy, cause I didn't like the stuff we found in the boxes (but I REALLY like home-made genuine cuban food), but when SHE said "Maybe we better buy a small ron" afterwards, while she usually did not even drink rum when we went dancing, I was alarmed and so I bought a little packet of rum for each of us (cheap as well, but strong, aseptic and tasty), which I guess, saved us both from some trouble. For the names of the places, just be aware that quality changes quicker than in other countries, as well due to the bad economic situation. A nice restaurant for moneda nacional where I had been eating good quality food several times in September last year, did not convince me at all anymore in March this year. But Copelia is good. Not just for the (ice-)cream.

Hope, I could give you at least some hints, but sure there will be other members with more knowledge, adding their comments, so you will have a wonderful time there. Just let me make one more remark before I close: Please don't overspend! I read something in another thread about 60 CUC for ST, yeah if she was Beyonce or something like that. This is crazy! Keep in mind, that a cuban doctor earns around 15 to 20 bucks a month if he doesn't go to another country for service. So even if prices for sex seem to be low compared to US-standards, they are too high already compared to what a highly qualified person earns in a regular job, or who would pay. Let's say. 10. 000 bucks to a streetwalker in the states for ST?

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Prolijo
06-24-07, 14:30
Thanks Traflagar. That was exactly the type of info I was hoping for. Even if you couldn't answer all my questions, the ones you did answer you answered very well and I took Jackson up on his advice and added you to the reports of distinction thread.

How about the rest of you? It doesn't have to turn out to be a report of distinction. Even just an alternative point of view on one of the questions Trafalgar already answered or, better yet, some fresh info on the couple that he missed would be greatly appreciated. I realize my first couple of questions are somewhat arcane since I'm sure most Cuba vets either are not US citizens and don't have to worry about such bullshit or if they are US citizans travel by way of Canada, the Bahamas or Mexico, but someone here may have gone the route I'm proposing (thru CR).

Okay, based on Trafalgar's info, here is my latest rough plan:
1) I'm gonna call TACA direct and see if there is a way I can reserve a flight ahead of time without charging my credit card.
2) I'll e-mail a casa in the Vedado neighborhood (doesn't have to be independent) to reserve a spot, mainly so I have some sort of e-mail confirmation I've got a place to stay just in case it comes up at immigration. 3) If for some reason I can't book a flight once I get to CR for the day I plan, I'll drop my casa an e-mail to let them know I'll be delayed, but I won't lose any sleep over messing them up since they may or may not have held my reservation anyway.
4) And I won't lose any sleep over whether they keep my reservation either and will just go with the flow if it turns out I don't get my first pick, since there probably isn't that huge a difference between casas anyway.
5) However, I'll check out any alternative casa first and confirm they have an open guest policy.
6) I'll probably still cruise the Malecon for action since I'll want to walk it any way (but late afternoon and sunset and probably not after dark) AND I'll also keep my eye out for semi-pro action at other locations.
7) I go for quality not quantity or even variety. If I find a chica that I click with, I'm more than happy to repeat rather than take my chances with a new untried chica, so that possible casa restriction probably won't be a major problem. I'm also planning to split up my Havana stay with a trip to Pinar del Rio so I could also get my "variety" with a different chica when I return to Havana.
8) It would be nice to get some club and restaurant recommendations here beforehand, but I was already planning on seeking recommendations from havaneros once I get there.

NEW QUESTIONS:
1) This has probably been covered preciously but aside from the Malecon with its guestionable value for pick-ups, and aside from the clubs, where are the best places for picking up non hard-core pros or semi and non-pros? around the University? If so where on campus? Other places?
2) I'm sure salsa (son, etc.) IS everywhere but are there any particular places that might be more conducive to a 50-yr old gringo with mediocre spanish skills to pick-up a hot young semi or non-pro?
3) What is a good approach at any of these places? Do they make eye contact first or is that a sign of a pro?
4) How practical is it for a gringo tourist who is 50 year-old (even if he is athletic and looks 40) and has mediocre spanish skills to pick up a non-pro if he only has 4 days in Havana?
5) Lacking an experienced wingman and having only mediocre spanish skills, would I be better advised to rely on some sort of local guide for at least part of my stay? I'm not talking about buddying up with one of the jinateros or street hustlers but maybe someone here could recommend a decent guide, preferably with some english skills, preferably a driver as well, with contact info and aproximate rates.
6) As I said before, I'm thinking of Cuba as much for its touristic value as for the mongering. While in Havana, it shouldn't be too hard to get some mongering in as well, but I'm thinking of spending at least a couple of nights in the Pinar del Rio province as well. Anyone with experience there? Should I stay in PDR or Vinales? I'm guessing whatever local action there is to be had is more likely to be found in PDR since it is a larger town. Or should I just focus on enjoying the local environment while I'm there? What if any nightspots would you guys recommend in those areas?
7) Any divers out there? I was thinking of going to Maria la Gorda in Pinar, which is supposed to be topnotch. I was also thinking of going to Marina Hemingway near Havana. It may not be the best diving in the Havana area but I thought the shore side scene there might be interesting too, or is there another Havana area diving spot you''d recommend.
8) How about fishing charters? I'm not a huge fisherman but I enjoy it. I'm also cheap, which is why I don't do it more. In CR it can be as expensive or more than it is back in the US at $150/pp per day? What can I expect to pay in Cuba? Are there group boats a single angler can sign on to? Any particular charter outfits that someone could recommend?

I realize this is a mongering board, but there has to be at least some of you that do something besides whoring around when you go to Cuba. Any help, info, opinions etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Trafalgar2
06-25-07, 06:15
Thanks for adding my answer to the reports of distinction thread, which came rather unexpectedly for me, because I've always been admiring the style and contents of many of these recommended reports...

Motivated by Jackson's and your positive reactions, I felt like going on with giving some more input after having read so many helpful threads myself, and anyway, it's the General Info section of this fine mongering board (thanks to Jackson for making all this possible). First of all, Prolijo, your plan seems to make sense, and as said, don't worry too much about the reservation of your casa.

As I read point 6) of your plans I'm hoping I didn't give you the impression, you should NOT cruise around Malecon, because that for sure is one thing you definitely WILL HAVE to do, as well after dark. What I wanted to point out, is that you should not expect to meet "nice" girls there, let's say around midnight. Of course there will be groups of "regular" Cubans around there as well, but to me it seemed difficult to get into contact with them (maybe because they know what we are up to, it doesn't appear genuine if we approach them and just say "hola, como estan"). Anyway it can be fun observing the motion going on there.

In the afternoon it's different. For example at 4pm, when a lot of girls are going home from work, waiting for a ride (in a transporte publico), it can be very very interesting. Of course - in case of contact - some words in spanish will help you a lot. But with these "working girls" DON'T expect to tell them something like "vamos a mi casa" and they go with you (of course the chances will be higher than if you try this at the local bus stop at home, but in both places you will mostly be seen as an old pervert, which might be okay for me, if my chica sees me as exactly that, once we got to know each other better, means in bed, but not out in the street when I'm trying to get to know somebody).

If in any place you make contact with a cutie and you really are interested in getting to know her, you always can invite her for a drink or ice-cream. Check the situation, and if you reckon she is too shy / serious / nervous / frightened / married / whatever to go with you to your casa, just don't tell her the name or address of the casa you're in, or you might find her sitting in front of it, waiting for you the other day (after she talked to her best friend / sister / husband and got their advice not to be silly and go for it), when you come home with another chica. I always want my casa as my save haven, where I have control, cause I don't want to wake up with my valuables gone, just because I believed this cutie would never steal anything from me (which luckily never happened to me - so far). So I control as well, who knows where I'm living and always have a fake address at hand, just in case...

I'm absolutely with you concerning number 7) of your list, and for 8) I can recommend a restaurant which is called "flor de lotos", where I've eaten more than a dozen times over the years and every time food has been excellent, while the quality of service varies depending on the shift. So if you don't mind possibly waiting 10 minutes until an arrogant waiter asks you for your wishes, go there and enjoy whatever comes to your mind: seafood is really good and the quantity usually is sufficient for 2 persons. And for the chica, if you take her there and she is non-pro, it will probably be for the first time in her life she will drink REAL Coca Cola (if it's not her first time she either is not so non-pro or out of a wealthy family, receiving a lot of money from abroad). I mean, I don't care a bit for this, but once you notice how concentrated on trade marks most Cubans are, make some fun of it and just use it for your convenience (unless you work for Pepsi). If you need the address of the restaurant, I'll have to dig for it, but feel free to ask...

As for some of your new questions: 3) You will have more eye contact than you probably will be able to handle, that's just a regular sign of interest. What I would judge a sign of a more pro than semi-pro chica is when SHE asks you for a drink or something. But for me it can be okay to buy a beer for a not too hard-core jinetera if she can do something for me in exchange (for example talking, dancing and laughing with her will make me appear more interesting than if I stand in a corner all by myself without any movement). And I have to confess I have used more than one of these so witty, all-so-clever pros, who thought they already had made me their slave-of-love, for hooking up with a really nice semi-pro who was just standing or dancing close to her, and I always loved the confused or even disgusted look on the pro's faces when - within minutes - I left with the not so professional but - for me - much more attracting girl.

Concerning 4), I would not worry too much about age, more important: try to brush up your spanish a little bit, cause for getting the non-pros it's a must, unless they are studying some foreign language at the university. The other problem could be time, means that the non-pros eventually don't want to go with you the first or even second night, but then, just make a date with the non-pro for the other evening and see how it works out and you can always take a semi-pro home after the non-pro left. If everything turns out the way you wish, you still can change your casa for another one around the corner inventing something like "yeah, but I can't take you to my casa because they don't allow chicas there, so I will just rent one around here...". If things with the non-pro don't turn out well, you - hopefully - have had fun with the semi-pro, and who knows, maybe she even is a better performer than the other one.

My personal bet on number 5) would be: NO. Save the money for that and spend it on fun stuff. For yourself. For a chica. For a REAL friend. Most cubans I know, don't know half about Cuba, what I (think I) know. I mean, during my last trip I just stayed in Habana and I now know it from La Lisa to Habana del Este, which was hard work (okay I had - Cuban - help), but during other trips I usually travelled around 3.000 km each time and so I got to know many places, and in none of them I would have felt that with a guide I could have been better off. I usually travelled with chicas, discovering unknown territory together with them, which was really stimulating for both of us, and as mentioned in my other post, exactly the GFE I was looking for.

But I have to admit, that the first time I went to Cuba, I felt like you a little doubt, if I could handle everything alone and so-thinking I was prepared to fall into the trap of one of these hustlers. He was kind of the fancy doorkeeper in a disco mostly frequented by Cubans, so I didn't judge him as jinetero at once. When he told me how he would help me to save money, to get chicas, to get into places I could not get into alone, bla bla bla, I said to myself "okay, I'll try this for one day. What can I lose?". Said, done, lost a lot. How could he help me save money? If I had to pay his food, his lodging? How could I get into places, where alone I could not get into? Just the contrary was the case: They would not let HIM enter into a hot disco in Camaguey. So after two days I decided to dump him, but made a big mistake: I forgot that the casa where I stayed was selected by him, so I had no backup when he got mad and threatened me. Okay, I resolved the problem "paying" him 140 bucks for his "valuable" help. You know, police where I reported the case (with the hustler's name and everything) just laughed at me, telling me "if only it had been a chica doing this to you" and nothing happened to that worthless piece of sh.t. Still makes me sick thinking of how stupid I was, but when this happened to me, I did not know this board. Since then I've learned to get along alone, and much better than with any "guide". But then, I've never tried any DECENT FEMALE GUIDE in Cuba, which could be fun, but I have no clue about their rates...

For number 6) Pinar del Rio province is really nice, very different from all the other parts of Cuba. For mongering, in any case, avoid Vin~ales! At least I found no way to stay there at any casa with my "novia". And PDR can be a pain in the a.. with hundreds of hustlers around on their bikes at dayfall. So my advice would be to bring your own company, go to see Vin~ales during daytime and go back to PDR for the night. Or just focus on enjoying the local environment while you are there (alone), stay in Vin~ales, go to Las Terrazas, to Soroa, and avoid the not-so-nice city of PDR.

7) I'm not a diver, but I doubt that at Marina Hemingway you would get lucky. I guess that any other place would be better than this, cause I've been hanging around there for some time and 1st) the water didn't seem very clear and 2nd) I never saw any divers when I was there, just a mighty bunch of yachts (which, remembering one day when I went diving at one of the cayos in front of the coast of Venezuela, turned clear water virtually into mud... And then there were "only" a dozen or so yachts arriving suddenly in the afternoon).

Hopefully other members can give you more hints, especially on the points I'm not able to cover. Have fun, play it safe!

And, don't forget to give us at least a short report after you return.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Vigo
06-25-07, 15:42
I haven't been in a couple of years, but I used to travel to Cuba a few times a year for a least 5 year period. I'm white so I may not be the best to answer, but for a lot of the non and semi pros I was with, race tended to be a factor. Don't get me wrong, I doubt you will have problems getting a nice girl, but a lot of girls are very mindful of not being with a guy who is darker than they are.

On one visits with a black friend of mine, who has no problems with getting girls in NY, I noticed girls tended to approach me first. Granted, it would only take a few minutes longer for another to latch on to him, but there was a subtle, but nevertheless real difference.

Pros are pros, and so I really doubt you will ever find skin color to be a factor, but you don't go to Cuba for the pros.

Which part of Cuba are you visiting?

As a black guy from the UK I found the opposite to be true. Girls seemed to find it a novelty being able to hang out with a younger guy. Also because I spea Spanish they weren't worried about being hassled by the cops since everyone assumed I was Cuban anyway so we could go out to clubs, bars hold hands on the street etc.

El Cubanito
06-25-07, 23:35
Gents,

Between 1999 and 2005 I have been to Cuba about 18 or 20 times. I have been all over the Island. I have been from Baracoa to Pinar Del Rio. IT IS NOT HARD AT ALL PICK UP A CUBAN GIRL IN CUBA, PRO or NON-PRO. All that is requiered is a little game and a little gab.

I always rent a car in Cuba, if you have been to Cuba you already know that the transportation sucks. Driving with a car in Cuba is the easiest way of picking up girls. Example: I was driving by the Malecon and made a stop on the Light before the Tunnel. I picked up this 18 year old who was going to Santa Maria Beach. Well, let say she did not make her, she first went to my casa for some "Afternoon Delight".

I once gave these two sister a ride from La Tunas to the outer part of the City (there homes) and I was in a hurry because I had a very nice candy waiting for me in Santiago de Cuba. These two bitches took the key from my car and they did not let me leave until I fuck both of them that night.

Prolijo, if you rent a car in Cuba you will have alot of game, more game than you will know what to do with.

On a personal note: Havana is not my cup of tea. I prefer to go outside of Vedado and havana vieja. I prefer the outer parts of havana and any where outside of havana. The game is just ripe to be had.

El Cubanito

El Cubanito
06-25-07, 23:50
i am a black spanish person. the cubanas love to hang out with me because like vigo say the cop do not hassle us when we are walking in the streets. the only time i have gotten hassle with a cubana is when i am driving in the car.

i was once staying in the casa particular of a very, but very high ranking cuban official. i won't state who or what he is because i know for sure that the cuban goverment look at this website. plus, his daughter and i had a thing one night after she got drunk (or preteded to get drunk). anyway, she was in the car with me and i was driving her to pick her daughter who was staying at her father house. it was about 10:00 pm and we were in the miramar section of havana by 5th avenue. i drove aroun this curve and there was the cops and they told me to pull over. i was not speeding or anything but they asked for my documents and they saw that everything was legit and they were about to let me go when they girl in the car. they started asking questions and they needed to see her cuban id. this is when the whole thing got funny. she got really, but really pissed. she told the cop, "look i am not what you think i am". they proceeded to threaten her that they would send her ass to jail for prostitution if she did not coorporate or if she keep on give them lip. at that moment she proceeeded to ask me for my cell phone and called her dad. in two minute i swear, they got a call from head quaters for them to leave us alone and that we were not to be harrass the rest of the night. i said, dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

the long of the story is that you will not get harrass if you are walking with cubana in cuba if you are black, if you white or gringo looking......that is another fithy cents

Prolijo
06-26-07, 02:16
Thanks again, Trafalgar. Man you're really on a roll. I'd like to think that might be in part due to my really good questions. Lesson 2 from you is: forget the guide unless she's also a chica that can do something else for me and have more faith in myself to negotiate my way around on my own, which up till now has always turned out to be the case. BTW, no shame in your newbie mistake. We've all been there in one way or another at one time or another and hopefully most of us have learned from our own mistakes (or the mistakes of others) and not made that mistake again (like you did with yours). BTBTW, I wasn't figuring on mongering at the marina but rather just chilling drinking some rum on some bar deck catching the Papa Hemingway Old Man and the Sea fisherman type vibes admiring the boats and such, but you're right that they probably stir up the water (which is why I asked that question). OTOH, they must have a dive center there for some reason.

Also, many thanks to Cubanito. That sounds like a really good suggestion too and I'll probably follow it at least on any follow-up trips to Cuba. I really like the freedom of having my own wheels when I travel and have rented in some really obscure places around the world. The extra bonuses you mention make it sound even more appealing. The reason I hesitate to rent on this particular trip is severalfold. I hear the "highways" between cities are virtually devoid of traffic, hence no problemo, however when it comes to Havana I'd prefer to know what I'd be getting into first before I committed to anything and I've never even driven in a cab or seen the traffic in Havana (or security situation for cars). Maybe that will change once I'm on the ground. It also helps when you rent if you're with a wingman to split the costs. Which brings me to the other reason I hesitate. I'm going to be travelling around for a month so I;m on kind of a budget. And I'm not really certain how much Havana is going wind up costing me as it is even without a rental car. Less than a trip to NYC, of course, but probably more than a similar trip to someplace like CR, Colombia or Brazil. Again, that might change once I;m on the ground.

Chicochulo
06-26-07, 04:44
Unfortunately, the Marina Hemingway is not what it use to be. 10 years ago, the place was hopping with tourists and pretty cubanas looking for fun. The yachts were rocking as was Papas. Nowadays most of the tourist accommodations, like the Old Man And The Sea Hotel and the small hotel with the great swimming pool(can't remember the name) have been converted to a hospice for Venezuelan medical patients and their families. The only upside is the small tourist grocery store and cigar shop. Occasionally, there are chicas wondering around but most are hardcore.
Outside of the Marina, on 5th ave, about 1km in the direction of Havana, in the town of Jaimanitas, there is a Rumbo. An outdoor bar that use to be very good for semi-pro and non-pro action. The last time I was there, I made eyes with a pretty cubanita, she gets all excited but disappears. A few minutes later, her chulo(pimp) shows up and starts negotiating with me in very poor english. I play the game and spin him with notions of 80 cuc per hour, everyday for a week, etc etc. He buys me a beer cause he thinks he has a sale. After finishing my cristal, I had finally had enough and tell him what I think of pimps. I tell him this in spanish 'a la pinga!' The cubans near by start to laugh and all ask him to buy them a beer. It was a fitting end to the many years I have scored large at that Rumbo.

CC

El Cubanito
06-26-07, 12:09
I know of the spot you are talking about Chicochulo. Chicochulo, the last time I was in Cuba was in 2005 and I spent 2 months there. From August 2005 to September 2005. Anyway, there is a fag who has a little hut off of 5th avenue around the same spot that you are talking about and he has a staple of girls who work for him. Anyway, I have attached a couple of pics of the girls that I picked up from there. The girls ussually stand around 5th avenue acting like they are looking for a "Botella". Botella is Cuban slang for a ride. This fag has a good stable of very attractive girls. They are all within the ages of 18-21.

Prolijo, finding this area and getting the girls was made possible because I had a car. I rented this car for 2 months while I was in Cuba. A good rule of thumb for spending money is as follows Prolijo:

Lodging:

$35-45 per day for a Casa Particular in Havana (There are other casa that are cheap, but you just have to shop)
20-35 per day for a Casa Particular anywhere outside of Havana (Santa Clara, Cienfuego, Las Tunas, Santiago, Baracoa.....etc, Pinar del Rio, Trinidad, Holguin and Camaguey can be as Expensive as Havana)

Food:
$ 20-30 per day for food.....If you buy food for a chica add $10-15 more

$ 10 per day for water, soda, people to watch your car

Car Rental:
$50-100 per day for Car rental
Girls:
10-$100-There si no set price for this it is all over the scale. I had very pretty upperscale society girls (or al least that what she thought of herself) who charge me $100 for the whole night. She was worth every penny, had a lot of fun with her. But later on wanted to be my novia and I told her I was not looking for a Novia. Especially when she was charging me $100 per day.

Her was my daily budget:

$100 per day on a Car (audi a4 automatic)
$45 per day on Lodging (I stay in the Miramar section of Havana)
$6 per day for Breakfast (I ussually had a chica with me and breakfast was $3 per day at the casa I was staying at)
$20 per day for dinner(again, I ussualy had a chica with me)
$40 per day on Chicas(this was the overall Average….The pay scale is over the place on the Island. It really depend what part of Cuba you are in. Havana is more expensive. If you go to the Campos….the average is about $20 cuc)
$10 per day for water, car watching and etc…

Average total per day…$221 per day. Now this is what I average in the 1st month that I was there. On the second month when I came back to Havana…One of my local Cuban buddies found me this casa near the Havana Airport for $15 per day. The reason it was so cheap the lady did not have a License for renting out to Foreigners, but the House was in great conditions…So was the owner. But I never confronted or push the issue, she always flirted with me everyday. She had a great Ass and Body for a lady who is about 40 years old.

Prolijo, what Chicochulo say about the Marina is correct. The only god thing about is the Pizzeria that is there and every Cuban girls love for you take her there.

El Cubanito

El Cubanito
06-26-07, 12:14
This is a pic of Julia the Casa Owner.....Everytime I think about it I should have fuck her......Please do not PM me about info about her since we did become real good friends and I do wnat to be the first to break bread here.

Tattle
06-26-07, 18:22
What do you guys have to say about rural areas : that is, away from major cities and in the country: I do not speak much, little, Spanish: any suggestions on where to go ;

BTW: That casa lady is a knockout!

Blastoff
06-26-07, 22:40
What do you guys have to say about rural areas : that is, away from major cities and in the country: I do not speak much, little, Spanish: any suggestions on where to go ;

BTW: That casa lady is a knockout!

If you don't speak fluent Spanish I would not consider the rural areas alone. On the other hand if you have friends there that can set you up and watch your back you would be fine. That is how the rural areas work for casa and chicas, word of mouth and nothing is really obvious in the mongering game but it is there. You won't usually find it though unless you get connected with someone either experienced in the area or a local that speaks English.

Good luck.

Prolijo
06-27-07, 02:09
El C and Chico, thanks for the feedback. Based on that I think I'll scratch the Marina from my list of activities.

El C, I agree with tattle that you should have tapped that but it looks like, based on your other pics, you had no shortage of other great outlets. I know you said not to PM, but if I promise not to "break bread" first would you PM me her contact info anyway (you can check my "references" in the CR forum). As tempting as she might be, I'd really be interested in her casa even just as a cheap place to stay. As I posted before, I'm there on a budget and am really mainly interested in things other than mongering, which is just a side attraction for me and I'm not even sure how much mongering I'll do. At $15/nt for Julia's casa (or a $20 per day savings) that would go a long way in making up for the cost of a car. Also, I'd appreciate suggestions on the best place to rent that car.

Sean EZ
06-27-07, 04:50
What happens when Fidel dies, will there be civil unrest, or even worse a looting and a riot? Something I would be concerned about going to a country like that now.

Prolijo
06-27-07, 06:10
What happens when Fidel dies, will there be civil unrest, or even worse a looting and a riot? Something I would be concerned about going to a country like that now.Why? Fidel seems to be like Ferdinand Marcos was in his final years with reports of his imminent demise turning out to be premature. If anything Fidel now seems to be on the mend. Okay, maybe he isn't now or ever will be back fully in charge, or lets say he even takes a sudden and unexpected turn for the worse. Control has largely been passed off to his brother Raul. That should buy them at least another year or two if not more (Raul aint no spring chicken either). Remember what happened in Haiti after Papa Doc died? Nothing, his son Baby Doc just took over. Americans have been predicting or else hoping for the fall of Cuba for the last 40 years. It ain't happened yet and by the current looks of things I doubt it will happen in the next 6 weeks. However, if things look any different the day I book my flight I'll just adapt my plans. Frankly, IMHO there is a greater liklihood a hurricane might hit while I'm there then I would somehow become endangered by civil unrest in a iron-ruled police state.

Incidentally, I was in Haiti around the time Baby Doc finally fell (don't ask, it was for business). Not that I recommend tourists seek out such situations, but what chaos there was was localized and not directed at the few foreign nationals that remained. And the real shit didn't happen there until months or years later under successive repressive dubiously "elected" regimes. So much for the advantages of democracy.

Chicochulo
06-27-07, 06:23
fidel isn't in the ground yet but his best days are long gone. gone are castro's famous 4-6 hour televised speeches. most cubans would sit and watch him talk because the tv station usually ran a good pelicula(movie) after his speech. in his place are the new faces of the revolution. chavez and company with their oil money have secured the island as a communist paradise for decades to come. china is the latest papi to move in on the scene. there's no chance of a revolt. the people are afraid to talk in the streets for fear of becoming one of the disappeared. as a side note, the famous solidarity marches along the malecon are contrieved. if a cuban is asked to attend such an activity and refuses, their employment is in jeapardy, ration book is cancelled and sometimes they and their family must find some place else to live. under these conditions, the shark infested waters between havana don't seem so perilous.

cc

Chicochulo
06-27-07, 07:14
Prolijo:

If you're interested in scuba diving, if memory serves me well, there is a day trip to Cayo Largo. It's a domestic package offered at the Hotel National. You leave early in the morning - bus to the airport - fly to Cayo Largo, and spend the day on some of the most spectacular underwater scenery in the Caribe. It was pricy but worth it.

CC

Prolijo
06-27-07, 23:51
Prolijo:

If you're interested in scuba diving, if memory serves me well, there is a day trip to Cayo Largo. It's a domestic package offered at the Hotel National. You leave early in the morning - bus to the airport - fly to Cayo Largo, and spend the day on some of the most spectacular underwater scenery in the Caribe. It was pricy but worth it.

CCThanks for the thought. My second choice after Maria La Gorda would be Cayo Levisa an hour west of Havana. The problem with Cayo Largo is that the necessary flight is probably what jacks up the price and with it being just a day trip I'd rather not fly right after diving (generally not advisable). Faro Luna in the Cienfuegos province is also supposed to be very good as is Playa Giron near the Bay of Pigs but I think those may be too far to travel on such a short trip as this. Maybe next time.

Anyone here ever try any sportfishing in Cuba? Since I already have diving covered in Maria La Gorda maybe I'll just bag the extra day of diving in favor of something different.

Chicochulo
06-28-07, 03:13
Believe it or not, the best bass fishing in the world is in Cuba. It's a holdover from the Batista era. I think the name of the lake in called Zaza (pronounced, 'thatha') in the province of Cienfuegos. Because of deep waters, an abundance of nutrience and very little sport fishing, the bass are HUGE!!! I'm certain the world's largest bass has been pulled from that lake. However, nobody in the USA is gonna ever know about it or admit it.

CC

Member #1006
06-28-07, 08:11
Thanks for the thought. My second choice after Maria La Gorda would be Cayo Levisa an hour west of Havana. The problem with Cayo Largo is that the necessary flight is probably what jacks up the price and with it being just a day trip I'd rather not fly right after diving (generally not advisable). Faro Luna in the Cienfuegos province is also supposed to be very good as is Playa Giron near the Bay of Pigs but I think those may be too far to travel on such a short trip as this. Maybe next time.

Anyone here ever try any sportfishing in Cuba? Since I already have diving covered in Maria La Gorda maybe I'll just bag the extra day of diving in favor of something different.

On my last trip to La Isla, I went diving in Playa Santa Lucia, in the Camaguey province. Nothing spectacular, except for the shark feeding dive... I had a 45 minutes close encounter with a 2.5 meter bull shark...
The diving structures were anyway in really poor conditions, so be advised...

Prolijo
06-28-07, 12:54
Believe it or not, the best bass fishing in the world is in Cuba. It's a holdover from the Batista era. I think the name of the lake in called Zaza (pronounced, 'thatha') in the province of Cienfuegos. Because of deep waters, an abundance of nutrience and very little sport fishing, the bass are HUGE!!! I'm certain the world's largest bass has been pulled from that lake. However, nobody in the USA is gonna ever know about it or admit it.

CCActually, I do believe that because I've heard the same thing. In my pursuit of a way to lock in my airfare, I contacted Dan Snow at www.cubatravelusa.com. Unfortunately, I never got to speak to him and his agent lost any interest in talking to me as soon as he found out I wasn't flying through one of the usual gateways cities (Cancun, Nassau or Toronto) where he could book the fare and was only interested in staying at a casa. I guess that was because he couldn't make any commission. I never got to tell him that I'd be willing to pay a small premium for his assistance. Anyway, the reason I mentioned it is because his website describes Snow as the leading opponents in the US of the Cuban trade embargo (his agency is based in Canada but he is from Indiana) AND the major promoter of US>Cuba BASS FISHING tours. Here is an article about him from Field and Stream from just a couple of months back http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/apr/22/potter-field/. Here is another interesting interview with him when he ran for President of the US back in 2004[http://www.tlhines.com/darkhorse/000094.html]. Not a lot about bass fishing or Cuba for that matter in that interview, but certainly a lot of other interesting positions.

According to that first article, the record for the world's largest bass is expected to eventually come from Cuba. They think the reason it hasn't happened yet is because, first, that the US has stood in the way of american anglers (obviously) but also because US anglers have used the wrong bait. They tend to use 11" plastic worms similar to the smaller plastic worms that they use back in the US. But bigger fish need bigger bait. The Cubans use live freshwater eels or they piece together the broken plastic worms left over by the gringos and make up 14-18" worms, but they also just use handlines, not having the fancier gear that the US anglers bring in and they still bring instrings of huge fish. Put it all together and 20lb plus monsters may be just waiting to be reeled in. Maybe you guys aren't interested but I find weird obscure stuff like that interesting.

Chicochulo
06-30-07, 01:37
I wish there was more humor in this forum. Some of you members have had memorable moments of genuine comedy. How about sharing the chaos and originality that is Cuba?

As a humble beginning, I'll add two for a start to what, I hope, will be a Cuba forum revival of sorts.

Many years ago, I went to Cuba with a likeminded friend. We rented from a family that lived upstairs from our 2 bdrm suite. The family was well educated and friendly with us. They became good friends very quickly, even though they never arranged any chicas. However, the husband always seemed to show up when we brought some company back, day or night. His wife didn't mind because (I found out later) he was usually randy as a red rooster after hanging with us for an hour. One particular afternoon it was hot hot hot. I was getting my temple when a cold stream of water touch my chest. I was startled and jumped a bit. The wife, who was holding a pitcher of water splashed more on me. Within seconds a water fight broke out. Not just any waterfight. The neighbors got involved. Some of the neighborhood got involved. It turned out to be a water riot. The beauty of the aftermath, as the soaked chicas( there musta bin 30 cubanas) clean up the house. It was like an in home wet t-shirt contest.

CC

Chicochulo
06-30-07, 01:56
There's a castle like port fortress on the melecon that is very charming. A few years ago, a friend and I sat on the seawall and watched a group of foreign women get the royal treatment from some black mandingo jienitero. What made the scene so entertaining was there were 5 women and three caballeros. Those three guys were working it to the max and the women were like sheep being hurded to the corral. One of the women corners a guy and drags him behind a dark wall. A short while later they reappear. It's obvious, that while the cuban and the Yuma had been making out, an edge of her flimsy skirt had caught on her panties. I guess she was really drunk cause she didn't realize. Probably thought the breeze was the cool caribbean air. She waltzed right out and danced for everyone. I almost fell in the ocean laughing because the women didn't want to tell her. And the cubans were laughing harder than us. A waiter finally made the effort but not until she'd made our night.

CC

Chicochulo
06-30-07, 03:18
In my opinion, Cuba is the safest country in the Third World. Even more so, if you have trusted friends that live there. My longer visits have always included a journey into a rural area to visit my friend's family. The family is huge and there's never seems to be an end to the adventures, when going to visit. Not to mention the possiblity of meeting that special guajera(country girl) I've got a few farmer's daughter stories, but this one isn't.

We travelled to Pinar Del Rio. When we got to the small village outside of the city there was a blackout. It was late and everyone was tired so we turned in shortly after arriving. Since I was the guest of honor, they gave me the master bedroom. Larger bed, very lumpy, it was itchy like burlap and it smelled. On top of that, there were mosquitos, little black flies, and at about 3 am a fan that sounded like an old DC 3 aircraft starts running. The roosters were crowing all night. Dogs were barking. And the sound of snoring coming from the next room was just absolutely insane. You get the picture? I didn't get any sleep.

At 5 am the people start to get up. The view out the window is incredible. Tabacco fields and pasture land for miles. I figure I'll be OK as soon as I have a shit, shower and shave. But alas, no real toilet, everyone washes at the vat out back and I don't really feel like shaving. Instead, I go to see who was sleeping in the room next to me. I had to meet the fella with the snore from hell! Turns out it was a huge pig. It was ready,within weeks, to produce a new litter. The master of the house keeps it close by when they are ready to pop the litter. Hence the wicked smell. They don't seen to mind. They laughed at my weariness and city slicker(Yuma) frailty.

CC

Sunset Strip
07-01-07, 19:15
I wish there was more humor in this forum. Some of you members have had memorable moments of genuine comedy. How about sharing the chaos and originality that is Cuba?

As a humble beginning, I'll add two for a start to what, I hope, will be a Cuba forum revival of sorts.

Many years ago, I went to Cuba with a likeminded friend. We rented from a family that lived upstairs from our 2 bdrm suite. The family was well educated and friendly with us. They became good friends very quickly, even though they never arranged any chicas. However, the husband always seemed to show up when we brought some company back, day or night. His wife didn't mind because (I found out later) he was usually randy as a red rooster after hanging with us for an hour. One particular afternoon it was hot hot hot. I was getting my temple when a cold stream of water touch my chest. I was startled and jumped a bit. The wife, who was holding a pitcher of water splashed more on me. Within seconds a water fight broke out. Not just any waterfight. The neighbors got involved. Some of the neighborhood got involved. It turned out to be a water riot. The beauty of the aftermath, as the soaked chicas( there musta bin 30 cubanas) clean up the house. It was like an in home wet t-shirt contest.

CC

That is a great story. I wish something like that would happen to me! Do you think it was freak occurrence?

TJ

Chicochulo
07-03-07, 03:20
Sometimes, it rains buckets from the sky. It's not unusual for people to take advantage of the downpour. It rained on New Years eve, last year, in Havana (around 8 pm)Most everyone that wasn't willing to get pulled into the main spill off the roof, eventually made it there, thru trickery. A good excuse, for a real shower, since everyone was just about to get dressed for the midnight fiesta. I gotta tell you, nothing gives me a chubby like a half dressed soaking wet cubanita. Can you say, shower shower shower!

CC

El Cubanito
07-03-07, 14:20
In what part of the Countryside in Pinar Del Rio did you stay? I have stayed around en los Campos around Vinales. I also have alot of good stories about some of the Countrygirls I met around there. But waht you wrote struck a nerve and I am just curious was it around this area.

El Cubanito

Chicochulo
07-03-07, 20:32
Cubanito,

To answer your question, I stayed a few nights on a farm about 15 minutes outside of PDR. It wasn't a town. It was just a few farms located at the end of a very nasty dirt road. Frankly, I wasn't impressed with the city of PDR. On the other hand, Vinalles was worth the drive, even though the road to this hidden valley was treacherous. As for the guayenas, it was fun picking up a few hitchhikers and getting the traditional invite to meet the family. I'd like to show pictures but I'm just to protective of my cuban friends. They don't need the hassle.

CC

Papirrin
07-05-07, 01:06
I'm looking for a casa particular with a pool or a hotel that allows girls to use the swiming pool. I know the Copacabana allows girls to use the swiming pool as long as they're with a foreigner and pay a fee.

Help

Trinpaul
07-05-07, 01:35
Was in Havana with my brother and some friends, a boys vacation really. My first visit everyone else had been at least once. I was taught some basic spanish phrases and words including how to insult a chulo if he kept on harrassing you. We used to rent one of the open top 50's cabs and drive around Havana for a couple of hours each day.
Anyway, we were driving back into Havana when our driver gets into a arguement with another cabbie who ends up calling him a maricon much to our obvious amusement and his consternation. The guy starts telling us the other cabbie is his good friend and they were just joking......he did not realise we knew some spanish

El Cubanito
07-05-07, 14:09
PDR,

To me is not a very pretty plac to visit other then getting a couple of chicas. PDR, does have some nice, very nice asses that I met in PDR. I also met a ton on the campos of PDR.

Vinales like you said is very nice and beautiful. I did not sleep anywhere near vinales, but I did Sleep in that Campo that is 15 minutes by car from vinales. The chicas hear are also very hot especially in Punta Jutias (SP??). This place is a hidden treasure alot of the locals go here and you can meet a ton of chica ready for action.

El Cubanito

BeersTerry
07-06-07, 22:16
The days of good bass fishing in Cuba are long gone. I was a bass fisher in Cuba but the Cubans have all but fished out the fresh water fish, that and the droughts.

I was with a Cuban friend in the Oriente with yet another huge family. Pretty hard when the cousins and nieces flirt with you all week. Had to get away with her father to fish in some secret places that were'nt fished out. Still, the fish were'nt that big....but the people in the country are the friendliest ever, moreso if you arrive with family.

Prolijo
07-06-07, 23:18
So diving at Marina Hemingway is out and now bassfishing too. Are'nt there any guys here who have tried out the offshore/charter fishing or is pink snapper the only thing you guys are interested in?

Chicochulo
07-07-07, 08:27
In fact, these words,'I'm going fishing' - me voy a pescar, are words to live by. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. My favorite sport is showing up at caribe watering hole and catching my limit. Pinks are good, so are blacks, small mouth, big mouth and my favorite, the wiggly *ass. In Cuba all you need is a strong pole /pinga and a bit of patience. Some days I've been skunked, but I follow the 'Rule of Papaya'. The one that got away today will be in the pan tomorrow. Set your standards high and your street sense on highbeam and you'll navigate the pools with ease. If you go with just anyone you'll be labeled and that just too much papaya. For example, hanging at bar will get you bottom feeders. The street will hook you into some old boots. Sharpen your hooks and strip some line into uncharted waters like the academic scene, the dance schools, the music academys. Here's were you'll find the deep sea marlins. Artists have a way making the latina scene look like a boiling feeding frenzy. For example, I had a wonderful dance instructor slap my harder than I'd like to admit. Then, show up at my casa the next day to prove to me that she wasn't just a lesbian. I stand corrected and it's time to practise some casting.

CC

BeersTerry
07-07-07, 15:36
Offshore fishing can be expensive in Cuba.

When you hang in el campo, you can fish a little, swim, ride horses and watch the cockfighting tournaments. That is if the fucking roosters would ever shut up and let you sleep. Who started the myth that they only crow at sunrise ?

After a week of el campo, you'll need the city.

Tattle
07-10-07, 01:29
Does anyone know the easiest way to get to Gibara: plus, any comments on the scene there.

Thanks guys, and gals, I am sure.

Chicochulo
07-12-07, 07:24
I've looked for Gibara on the map and can't find it. However, that's the least of your problems if you decide to venture into Cuba. There is a major 4 lane highway (built by the americans, before Castro) that runs the length of the island, but there are virtually no road signs pointing a gringo in the right direction. I'm certain, the ministry responsible has put up signs, but the poor people just take them down and use them to patch their leaky roofs. I've learned to bring a compass, just in case I'm driving at night (no highway lighting) and I keep a close watch on the odometer. Never drive on a low tank of gas! It's almost like sailing. You find where you want to go. Calculate the distance. Keep an eye on the road conditions and follow the tourist buses as much as possible. They always stop at the best rumbos, for beverages and food. Good luck and have fun.

CC

BeersTerry
07-12-07, 17:25
Gibara is out a little east of Holguin if I remember correctly. I thought it was Castro courtesy of the Russians that built the autobispo ? In fact I thought that was one of the early triumphs of the revolution (if you will). Roads and education....but that was yesterday. He has'nt done shit since then.

Rebel Monger
07-13-07, 01:21
I've looked for Gibara on the map and can't find it.
CCTry here
http://www.cubamapa.com/province-map-holguin-map.htm

BeersTerry
07-13-07, 22:02
Officially 28 km north of Holguin, on the coast. Fcuk was that tough.

Catbird
07-20-07, 18:37
Greetings fellows!

I am an American living in Buenos Aires and thinking about making a return trip to Cuba while in Miami during Thanksgiving week. I was in Havana in the spring of 1998 and had a great time. I went in/out through Nassau and had zero problems. However, that was before Bush, 9/11 and the nazification of customs. I have looked around the forum today and still don't have a good idea about the current risks, and how to avoid trouble getting in and out. If the hassles are too great I will avoid, but if not I would love to get ahold of some more of that tasty cubana pussy. For my money, the hottest chicks to be found anywhere. If anyone can provide a thumbnail on the current level of grief I would be appreciative.

Much thanks,

Dogg

Petrolero
07-25-07, 03:14
I was in Havana in the spring of 1998 and had a great time. Dogg

Havana is very different from the days of '98, a few years out from dollar legalization. If you're expecting something similar to that time, you may want to go somewhere else, or maybe discover your own village in rural Guantanamo. That's where the girls from Havana come from.

BeersTerry
07-25-07, 06:08
A friend of mine went back for the first time early this year after a long hiatus. He did not recognize Havana. It used to be that you could feel the electricity in the air. Now it is very jaded.

The fear is high. Hard to find anything but putas unless you are familiar and/or do lots of trolling.

Miglvoz9
07-25-07, 06:29
I was there in March. It was my third trip so I'm not a pro. Other than the non-pros that I know, the puta scene was non-existent for me. I stayed in Vedado as usual. My spanish is good enough, money long enough, trolled "la rampa" (23rd st.), el malecon, at various hours during the day and night, nothing. It is like Cuba is an "acquired taste. " But I love it anyway. I went Santiago it was the same thing. A heavy police presence and the chicas didn't want to talk to a gringo. Trinidad, Santa Clara, Ciego de Avila all the same. Am I going back? I wish I was leaving tonight. Some guys no how to work some countries and others don't. So far I can't crack Cuba.

One last thing, I have yet to find two chicas that will do bisexual/lesbiana in this country. Whenever I find two, they say, "no you can fuck me and then her. " That's not what I had in mind.

Buena suerte

Chicochulo
07-25-07, 13:21
I agree, Havana takes some getting use to, if you're use to the DR or other fastfood drive thru mongering destinations. Nowadays, or since the 'Tell on your neighbor' policy was enacted, it's hard to get the girls on the street to look you in the eye. One must always be aware of the restrictions the common folk, in Cuba, live with everyday. A cuban can't be openly critical of their government. Any such discussion takes place behind closed doors and with a whisper. Add to this the uncertainty of 'el commandante's' health and what this means to their future, it's not suprising that some of us are having a tough time getting over. On the bright side, there are a few things you can do to turn the table and create an advantage. 1- Don't hunt in Havana Viejo. Circulate around Vedado and Miramar. Things are more casual and there are fewer hustlers. Try the university district or the nurses around one of the hospitals. They are always looking for a ride home after their shift or class. The well educated cubanas are some of the most interesting and hottest GFE in the world. 2- If they won't look at you, talk to them anyway. You'll be suprised to find, they'll respond, when they know you understand their dilemma. This takes some serious game, but it works. A quick opening phrase like, siguame (follow me) has worked for me. If they don't follow you, then move on. It's important to have a destination nearby when applying this technique. A car or a cafe/restaurant nearby works the best. 3- Always know that cubans are masters at the 'Rule of Papaya.' If you show them weakness they will exploit it. If you are the least bit timid, they will know it and define you appropriately. However, when you come across as direct, somewhat smooth or at least act the part, their legs spring open faster than a saloon door at happy hour. So, show some creativity and remember, we are always going to be YUMAS in Cuba. If you always keep that in mind, your safari will be very exciting.
IMHO, Cuba is like my favorite fishing hole. Some days, I get skunked. Yet, I know the trophy catch is lurking nearby. I've landed enough (9 plus) cubanitas to keep me going back and more importantly, I'm always willing to adjust my techique to keep up with the constantly changing environment. As a matter of fact, it's the only country I've travelled to where even as I write this, I'm trying to think of new ways to get over. I'm constantly reevaluating my delivery and researching my data. Cuba is worth the effort.

CC

El Cubanito
07-26-07, 01:12
If you do not have game, Havana is not the best place in the world to Monger because of the on-going stuff in Cuba.

Two years ago when I was in Cuba. I stayed in Casa in Havana Vieja. Acrosss the street there was the finest 'Mami' I had seen up to that point in Cuba. When I crossed her path she always acted like she did not see me. She even ignore all of the attempts I threw at her. I even sent her a private message, but no luck. One evening (I think she follow me) I came across her in Santa Maria Beach. Well to make a long story short she charge me 100 CUC, but she was worth every penny that I paid her. She told me privately that whenever I wanted her to please call her friend and tell her friend where to meet and she would show up. It turns out she is marry to big shot. Man, but what an Ass!!!!

El Cubanito

PS. I will cover her face and post pic later on.

Chicochulo
07-27-07, 04:48
With the number of cuban informaticas surfing the internet, do you think it's wise to show a picture, even if the face is covered. I value my contacts very much.

Member #4167
08-13-07, 18:01
El Cubanito & Others:

Mid 40's male. Thinking of travelling to Cuba. Only seeking non-pros. Call me old-fashioned - but I am interested in finding a girl-friend - and maybe stay a long time down there. My spanish is sub-fluent. Cuba seems to be prime for girlfreinds whereas other carib spots seems to be more for prostitution.

I've heard alot of reports about the "Crackdown in Cuba."

Here is my understanding of current "best practices"

1. Hire a private car with a driver - maybe 25-30 / day.

2. Get a casa particular - preferably one where the landlady isnt snoopy and will allow you to bring over more than one girl.

3. Hook up with girls on the internet prior to making the leap.

4. Route your flight via the bahamas or cancun.

Questions:

1. Best cities to go.

2. Can you still meet chicas by just going and wadnering around (without first using the internet)

3. What is the deal with the money? Why cant you use US dollars?

4. Arent US customs really cracking down? Isnt it almost impossible to not get caught?

El Cubanito
08-15-07, 13:46
Here are my answers:

1. All of the cities in Cuba, with the exception of Havana are very good for mongering. Havana has alot of talent and you can just about get any girl. But most of the girls you will get will be PRO's. In Havana you can get some non-pro if you go to the outskirt of Havana. Places like Batu, San Antonio, Santa Fe and San Jose de las Lajas (This place is gem for Non-pro action) are good place to get 8 and 9 who are non-pros. The other cities in Cuba will depend on what type of girls do you like....white, black, blondes or mulattas. For example if you go to Holguin you will have alot of white skin girls to pick from. If you to Santiago de Cuba or Guantanamo you will have alot of black girls to pick from. BTW, between Santiago and Guantanmo there is a small city call Las Mayas. This city by far has some of the prettiest Black girls that I have had the pleasure of being with. Santa Clara and Cienfuego will navigate you more to the Mulattas.

2. Yes, you can meet a ton of chicas by wandering around especially if you are renting a Car. A Car is the ultimate in picking up girls all over the place.

3. The US has crack down on Cuba pretty hard for using the dollar. So for Cuba to use it the Cubans get hit with Fee from other banks around the world Fidel turns around and passes the Fee to us, the tourist.

4. You can get caught and you will might get a letter saying........a bunch of diferent stuffs like Do not go to Cuba again till getting a fine for $7,500.00.

Have a great trip.

El Cubanito

Member #4167
08-15-07, 20:23
Gracias, El Cubanito - I asked you because you were one of the people on the forum who seemed the most knowledgeable

A few more questions:

1. Renting a Car - In the days of old heard you got a car with a driver - who stayed with you all day - is it still that way - or do you rent and drive yourself? Whic option is better?

2. What is your background? Do you live in cuba or US or other ?

3. What is the charge (percentage) for using the Cuban dollar CUC? Is it like 10% ?

4. For GFE mongering which is better: Colombia, Cuba or Costa Rica?

Gracias Again - Estoy agradecido

Amigox
08-15-07, 22:09
Hey,

I am trying to learn Spanish because I am planning to travel to the Latin American countries soon, going to D.R. in December with a friend who has family there and to Cuba sometime later in 2008. Also my family is planning to go to Guatemala in April. I just came back from Puerto Rico and realized that my Spanish is horrible. I did have fun in P.R. but only if I knew Spanish, I know for a fact that I would of had an excellent time.

Well first let me tell yaw that my mother is Black and my father is Guatemalan. I m always being asked if I am Puerto Rican or Dominican. Being around my father side of the family I can understand Spanish very well for the most part, that even Tios and Tias have to watch what they say in Spanish around me. But the problem is I can’t speak it at all, when I try too I mess up the words and everything else.

So basically what I am asking is that could anybody recommend any ideas. I'm planning to take Spanish classes at the local university but not sure if it will help since I did take Spanish in college and in high school. Also I’m planning on buying the Rosetta Stone software, with all that I m doing to you think that I will be ready by December for my D.R. trip.

Do yaw think that the Rosetta Stone really works, heard that people can hold conversation in Spanish with in 3 months

Thanks in advance for the help

BeersTerry
08-16-07, 13:34
GFE - my preference is Cuba as Colombia and Costa Rica tend to be more pay for play oriented. Ultimately, it depends on your Spanish.

If you are staying in one place/area. Hiring a car and driver may not be a bad idea. If you are travelling around, car rental may be bettter but be aware that you have to return the car to where you rented it.

Casas, owners have to live in the same place as their room rentals. They legally have to keep track of your guests as if they/you are caught with unregistered guests, it could mean $600 fine. Be discreet.

El Cubanito
08-16-07, 13:51
Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I had a driver with me on one of first trips to Cuba. That was in 1999 and 2000 when I did not know how to get around and did not know the people that well. But after then I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS rented a car. As I have found out asking a local Cubanita does it have it reward. Everytime I asked for direccions, i got layed for free. Oh, I am sorry it would either cost me a drink or driving the girl home.

2. Live in US

3. There are different methods, but if you do the old fashion way bring money with you and exchange at one of the Cadeca or Banks. The exchange rate is 18%. You are better off getting a card from Duales and sending your money to yourself via duales. www.duales.com.

4. For me: 1. Colombia 2. Cuba. The Cuban pussy is out of this world, but it is a little bit of a hassle with local cops, casa owners and etc. I do have a casa in Miramar that the owners will let me bring any girl to the house as long as she is gone by 6:00 AM. This way they stay out of trouble.

I hope this helps.

El Cubanito

Member #4167
08-20-07, 18:47
Thank You Both

A few more questions:

A) Any good fishing in Cuba? Or is there better fishing in Costa Rica (I would only go to the Caribbean Side (East Coast) of Costa Rica. I am talking about fishing for real fish - not just pink snapper.

B) In Regards to returning from Cuba - coming back to US: I heard that since 9/11, they are stricter in checking for US Citizens coming back from Cuba and are busting alot of people. That pretty much nearly everyone is getting caught. Is this the case?

Chicochulo
08-21-07, 07:56
To answer your question about fishing. A guided fly fishing adventure can be arranged at most AI resorts, like Veradero and Cayo Coco. If you get into some bonefish, the action can be great. However, it's hit and miss like everything else in Cuba. If nothing else, spearing the abundance of lobster in shallow water is the worst you'll do.

A friend of mine made an interesting comment about americans visiting the Island. The security camera imaging at the gates boarding and offloading visitors to Cuba, most certainly, has USA approved NSA stickers. It's best to wear sunglasses and a hat as much as possible. Or stand behind me - I'll be the one, in Toronto, singing 'Oh Canada.'

CC

Dog111
09-02-07, 16:29
Ok I am an experianced Latin America Traveler (Brazil, CR, Panama, Hondoras, DR, Nigaraqua, Guatamala, Argentina)

Next week I am planing to vist Cuba via Cancun. My girlfriend will be joining me in Cancun but is ok with me visting Cuba alone for 3 Days

I will have a hotel but it will not be chica friendly. How can I have a latina adventure and not waste anytime hunting?

Do I have to pay for a casa? Any bars good for meeting pros / non pros? I am a HWP 41 year old WM

Spanish is muy malo but I can get what I need as I have had alot of practice. ALSO I am a Chess Master and hear Cubans LOVE chess where can I find chess players? (I know lucky if I get an answer on this one)

From what I am hearing it soulds like a hassle to avoid the police.

Member #4167
09-24-07, 19:03
Ok I am an experianced Latin America Traveler (Brazil, CR, Panama, Hondoras, DR, Nigaraqua, Guatamala, Argentina)Ola Dog!

I have not been to Cuba in years so many of the Cubaficionados here (Cubanito AmoCuba, Cubiche) who have been to Cuba more recently will be better to serve you.

This was true 10 years ago: to have fun with a chica you need to get a Casa PArticular. Also the action now is all GFE. It is not really pay-for-play.

I have a QUESTION for you since you have been to Brazil, CR, Panama, Hondoras, DR, Nigaraqua, Guatamala, Argentina. Question: how would you rank those places in terms of cost, availability and service?

I have been monitoring this forum and it seems like for cost CR, Panama and Argentina are the most expensive.

What have been your experiences in the off the mongered track places like Hondoras, DR, Nigaraqua, Guatamala?

Thank You in advance

Member #4167
09-24-07, 19:10
To answer your question about fishing. A guided fly fishing adventure can be arranged at most AI resorts, like Veradero and Cayo Coco. If you get into some bonefish, the action can be great. However, it's hit and miss like everything else in Cuba. If nothing else, spearing the abundance of lobster in shallow water is the worst you'll do. CCGracias for your help !

Question 1: Is it legal for a turista to spear as many lobster as he wants?

Question 2: what is an AI resort?

El Grande
09-25-07, 18:08
Gracias for your help !

Question 2: what is an AI resort?

Lobsters are protected in Cuba. Not because they love animals but because they can make lots of money with it by selling them to tourists. Normal Cubans are not even allowed to buy them. So I doubt that you are alowed to spear them. But as always in Cuba...if a cop comes by give him 5$ and he'll be happy.

Juancaminante
09-25-07, 18:18
Gracias for your help !

Question 2: what is an AI resort?AI resort = All Inclusive

El Rey De Pollo
10-01-07, 11:37
Hi Guys,

I am a bit qurious about renting a car. Thinking about doing it next time around, but have a few questions.

Been to Cuba a couple of times, mainly around Havana. Can see that a lot of you find a car to be the best way to hook up with girls, and I am wondering why. What is it exactly that makes driving around in a car the best way to pick up cubanas? I am thinking that since they are not allowed to mingle with us tourists it must be extremely difficuelt to avoid being stopped by the police? I am also thinking, that a Cuban girl might have some reservations getting into a car with a tourist because she would be afraid to get spotted and caught?

What is it that I am missing? :-)

TG

El Grande
10-02-07, 18:28
Hi Guys,

I am a bit qurious about renting a car. Thinking about doing it next time around, but have a few questions.

Been to Cuba a couple of times, mainly around Havana. Can see that a lot of you find a car to be the best way to hook up with girls, and I am wondering why. What is it exactly that makes driving around in a car the best way to pick up cubanas? I am thinking that since they are not allowed to mingle with us tourists it must be extremely difficuelt to avoid being stopped by the police? I am also thinking, that a Cuban girl might have some reservations getting into a car with a tourist because she would be afraid to get spotted and caught?

What is it that I am missing? :-)

TG

Its the best way for people who dont speak Spanish or dont dare to approach girls. Just stop, and they're in...

Police doesn't hassle you to hard if you have a Cubana in your car. Its normal for them to be taken with everybody, because the busses are quite shitty. The only regular hassle is when your coming from the Country and enter a bigger City like Havana, Cienfuegos, etc. Then it's normal to be stoped by police, because they want to know who enters with whom, etc.

El Rey De Pollo
10-03-07, 12:22
El Grande,

Thanks. So what you are saying is that for a person who speaks decent Spanish, the benefits (picking-up-chicas-wize) of renting a car are minimal?

It does surprise me a little to hear that cubanas won't get hassled by the police if they are in a car with a foreigner when they can't even be near a foreigner on the street.

Guess I'm still not quite sure whether I should get a car or not. Perhaps I should just do a test for a few days and see if it makes a differende and if I am pulled over by the police.

Any tips on where to cruise for sexy non-pros in and around Havana?

Its the best way for people who dont speak Spanish or dont dare to approach girls. Just stop, and they're in...

Police doesn't hassle you to hard if you have a Cubana in your car. Its normal for them to be taken with everybody, because the busses are quite shitty. The only regular hassle is when your coming from the Country and enter a bigger City like Havana, Cienfuegos, etc. Then it's normal to be stoped by police, because they want to know who enters with whom, etc.

El Grande
10-03-07, 18:01
Any tips on where to cruise for sexy non-pros in and around Havana?

Best picking up route this is the highway from the beaches (playas del este) back to Havana and the Malecon from Havana Vieja untill the end of Miramar.

Member #2666
10-04-07, 00:28
Going to Cuba to meet visa requirements from Costa Rica and would appreciate some GOOD advice.

Have read over the threads and have developed some ideas but would appreciate a short trip iteniery if anyone would like to take the time.

a day at the beach---with chicas available to take to my hotel VARADERO?

decent hotel in Havana where I can bring a girl back without any problems

a couple of 1/2 day trips with chicas

bars or meeting places with girls without problems

good fish restaurant

many thanks

PincheCabron
10-04-07, 05:18
#1. No chicas available to take to any hotel in Varadero.

#2. No chicas available to take to any hotel in Havana

#3. Half day? Well, too cool for the beach for most Cubans already. The Marina Hemingway still might be doable. How about the mall. You can't miss.

#4. Depends on your level of spanish with bars. But if you don't mind pros then hit any dance club in havana. I keep hearing about a club Tuf or something pronounce like that.

#5. There's a restaurant/particular called Dos Amigos in Vedado. Or El Monguito.

Going to Cuba to meet visa requirements from Costa Rica and would appreciate some GOOD advice.

Have read over the threads and have developed some ideas but would appreciate a short trip iteniery if anyone would like to take the time.

a day at the beach---with chicas available to take to my hotel VARADERO?

decent hotel in Havana where I can bring a girl back without any problems

a couple of 1/2 day trips with chicas

bars or meeting places with girls without problems

good fish restaurant

many thanks

Chicochulo
10-05-07, 06:13
Take note of the health warnings. Dengue Fever and it's wicked cousin, Dengue Hemeragic Fever, are on the rise in all Carribian countries. You don't want to get this infection. Read up on the precautions and bring mosquito repellent with you. It might be worth investing in a mosquito net as well. Most bites take place when asleep. Sleeping under a net is worth the hassle.

CC

El Grande
10-05-07, 18:45
Take note of the health warnings. Dengue Fever and it's wicked cousin, Dengue Hemeragic Fever, are on the rise in all Carribian countries. You don't want to get this infection. Read up on the precautions and bring mosquito repellent with you. It might be worth investing in a mosquito net as well. Most bites take place when asleep. Sleeping under a net is worth the hassle.

CC

Cubans get their houses smoked with some poison on a regular basis. Once i nearly collapsed as I had to walk through the room to open a window because it was so fukkn filled with smoke.

The best prevention is to run the aircondition. Moskitos don't enter to cold rooms.

BTW if you are looking for some good restaurants try "El Cochinito" and "La Roca" in Vedado. Both are runned in Cuban Pesos and you get great food for 3-4 $ (Drinks are paid in $) and at "La Roca" they even have a dayly Show.

Cer113
10-07-07, 13:40
I already posted my question on another forum but since this one seems with more participants I will try here too.

I was in Varadero in September and in terms of girls it was total disaster. Probably if I ever get married I would consider going to Varadero but otherwise not.

My next destination would be Holguin or maybe Santiago de Cuba. Since I can see that there are some seasoned travelers to Cuba I would like to ask you guys which place is better to find girls. Of course I would enjoy beach and ocean as well but at night time I would like to find some girls to have fun

My plan is to go to Holguin and if nothing in Holguin then maybe I would drive to Santiago de Cuba since I intend to go for 2 weeks. Money is not problem even if I have to get girl for 50 dollars not big issue for me. I would like just to get information how it is in Holguin or Santiago de Cuba.

Had one disaster in Varadero so wouldn't like to have another one somewhere else. So if some of you guys visited Holguin or Santiago you may share some of your experiences.

Thanks

Member #2666
10-07-07, 23:40
I heard from a fellow in Costa Rica that Santa Maria was a good beach to visit and the Hotel Mar Azul was the place to stay...any comments or feed back?

also, only 20 minutes from Havana old town

El Grande
10-08-07, 17:29
I heard from a fellow in Costa Rica that Santa Maria was a good beach to visit and the Hotel Mar Azul was the place to stay...any comments or feed back?

also, only 20 minutes from Havana old town

I dunno about the hotel but the Santa Maria beaches are very nice. Allthough there are only pros there because the police watches the beaches. The Cubans go to Guanabo Beach.

Brent Gort
10-12-07, 06:20
I already posted my question on another forum but since this one seems with more participants I will try here too.

I was in Varadero in September and in terms of girls it was total disaster. Probably if I ever get married I would consider going to Varadero but otherwise not.

My next destination would be Holguin or maybe Santiago de Cuba. Since I can see that there are some seasoned travelers to Cuba I would like to ask you guys which place is better to find girls. Of course I would enjoy beach and ocean as well but at night time I would like to find some girls to have fun

My plan is to go to Holguin and if nothing in Holguin then maybe I would drive to Santiago de Cuba since I intend to go for 2 weeks. Money is not problem even if I have to get girl for 50 dollars not big issue for me. I would like just to get information how it is in Holguin or Santiago de Cuba.

Had one disaster in Varadero so wouldn't like to have another one somewhere else. So if some of you guys visited Holguin or Santiago you may share some of your experiences.

Thanks

I think the best place is Havana. I have had girls in Trinidad and Cienfuegos which are nice beach towns. Cienfuegos is boring but the Rancho Luna is nice to swim with the Dolphins. You will need a Casa Particular to take girls to.

bg

Digital Curry
10-12-07, 16:58
I am going to Cuba for 5 or 6 weeks.
Renewing one's visa is a time consuming
hassle. What happens in the airport if I
show up 10 days late? i.e. if I stay 40 days
on a 30 day visa? Is it a $25 CUC fee and
you are on your way? Will it prevent me
entering Cuba in the future? Has anyone
stayed an extra 7-14 days, not gotten a
visa extention, then dealt with the
consequences in the airport in Havana?
Were you able to resolve the visa in the
airport? Did you make your plane? What
happened to you? How much time did it take?
What were the fines?

El Grande
10-12-07, 17:58
What were the fines?

There's an office at the airport to renew the visa before you leave. If they are there (and thats never sure in Cuba because if they wanna gonna drink a coffee its your bad luck that your flight leaves in 20 minutes...) its no problem to renew the visa, if you have a confirmation of your casa, that you stayed there. (A confirmation from any casa for 1 day will do it.) I once lost my visa, they helped me out there. And on several occasions I saw tourists there who renewed theyr visa before they left. It costs 25 CUC to renew it and 25 CUC tax to leave the country. But unlike the ones at the oficinia de inmigracion in Havana they phone to the casas or hotels to prove you were there.

BeersTerry
10-12-07, 19:03
Those casas keep track of you. They have 48 hours to register you as their guest to immigration (?) or whatever that dept was that kept track of them.

Once you leave, it is not their problem, but you cannot be found staying in their place (past the 48 hours) or else a big fine.

The tricky thing about Cuba is that enforcement is not consistent. You have fear of the owner of getting caught. The inspector 'benefits'. The inspector working hours (who knows what they are). Nosey/jealous neighbours reporting them. etc

Berthold
10-13-07, 07:59
What were the fines?

Well the last time i went to cuba in 2006 i stayed for 6 weeks and i only had the tourist card which allowed me to stay for 28 days i guess. I did not renew my visa and when i left i had no problem what so ever at the airport. Nobody asked me why i have stayed longer or why i did not renew my visa.
My casa owner told me that in case they ask you at the airport why you did not renew your visa you could tell them that you were travelling inside cuba " en el campo" and for that reason it was not possible for you to renew your visa.

Digital Curry
10-13-07, 16:43
What were the fines?
Thanks for feedback. Some of you have had no problem. Has anyone had a problem tell me your experience?

BeersTerry
10-14-07, 16:22
While I have never had that problem, the issue in Cuba is that the rules are applied inconsistently. If left on their own, things would get lax, but there are crackdowns where everything is followed to the letter of the law....but still applied inconsistently.

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.

El Cubanito
10-15-07, 17:43
I overstay my visa by 60 days. When I got to the airport I told them that I was staying at the Providence of Ciego de Avila in the city of Florida. I told them that I ran out of money and I had a hard time getting my fun. The immigracion officer held the airplane from departing and went I quess to check my story . He came back in about 20 minutes and told me to boadr my plane. He just told me that not to let it happen again and that the next time try to explain to the officer out in Camaguey about my situation and they would try to retified it one way or another.

Where are you staying in Cuba Cuarry?

I hear that the process to renovate the visa has gotten really, really esasy compare to the way it used to be.

El Cubanito

Member #4167
10-15-07, 18:36
I was in Cuba over 10 years ago. I went to Veradero

I had a steady girlfreind in Havana. Before settiling down with her, I wanted to try other chicas. IT seems she had told the entire city of Havana to keep an eye out for me. Whenever I tried mongering on the side in Havana, she found out. Too many of her spies around. I had to leave town and go to Veradero.

The pickins was easy in Veradero and I didn't need a morally-conflicted driver. It was done all by the book entitled "Mongering By Walking Around"

Cono! I should have stayed in Veradero and never returned to Havana.

Again, there was some inconvenience in Veradero. Had to drag my suitcase around lookin for a Casa PArticular. I also had to ask around to find a place to eat. A restaurant in a private home. A paladore. Again I used the services of the man on the street. Many false starts. This one is closed. This one is is not open.come back later. What a *****. I found one and paid more than I would in a regular restaurant. I am not sure why I endured this hassle of having to find a paladore. I think I needed to find a paladore, because I couldn't bring a cubana into a restuarant at the time. I really liked Veradero. I met a hardbody 19 year old. She banged me silly. Then she asked for $10 bus fare. (I would have given alot more) After I gave it to her. She cried. (real tears) "I'm not a jinetera. " she was going to give the money back. OF all the crooks and cheats in Cuba. I believe she was sincere.

In my advice, stay away from palodares. Too much of a hassle. Eat at a restaurant.

Present Days:

I'm not an expert, I have not been there in 10 years, but the experts on this forum say there is absolutely no mongering to be had in Varadero lately. Do NOT go there for mongering.

En Veradero: "Turismo Si! Jiniterismo No!"

Member #4167
10-15-07, 18:41
Hey - I need help/advice from the gurus. I posted in the Havana forum, I dont want to cross-post here. After I posted it seems that all the really expert gurus have been hanging out in this general forum lately.

My post in the Havana Forum is title "Recovering CubaHolic Needs Help."

I would appreciate your advice.

El Cubanito
10-16-07, 13:44
Waterboy you go to Varadero with a chica not to find one. I do not know if you notice but all of the chicas in Varadero they most likely were with somebody already when you got there. You go to Varadero with the chica that has given you that mind blowing blow job and the best pussy action this side of Brazil/Colombia both combined. I have been fortunate that I have had only one chica that has done that for me. So I have been Varadero only once with a Chica, but the experience will last a lifetime.

El Cubanito

Digital Curry
10-16-07, 16:07
Great Travel Agent in Cancun, Mexico

Good Help... Especially for Americans traveling to Cuba.

Tania is a good agent. She will help you buy a ticket to Cuba. But even better, she will give you an alibi when you return to the USA. She provided me with a paper saying I was on a tour in Belize. When I returned to the USA I could explain my entrance the same day into Mexico and the Mexican stamp in my passport. Immigration asked where I had come from and I had the paper.

Tania is helpful. Her english is not great, but is OK.

schoolworldvacation@hotmail.com
011 521 998 8742335 telephone

Digital Curry
10-16-07, 16:41
I will be your guide if you rent a car:

I will go to Cuba for all of November. I leave on Friday, October 19 for Mexico City. I will be in Mexico City for 10-14 days then off to Cuba. I will help you travel and save you money and prevent problems if you pay for a car rental. I know how to travel without problems with US customs. I know Cuba as well as anyone on this forum.

send me a private message or email me at [Email address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

El Cubanito
10-16-07, 18:11
I will be in Cuba from October 29 to November 18. I am renting a Car (Audi), but I will be all over the Isand. Maybe we can have a beer when I am in Camaguey o near by.

That is an interesting set of chicas that you have met over the years. Camaguey is one city where I have not stayed that much. I have stayed in the city of Florida, did find some interesting chicas. I hope you like the pics.

El Cubanito

Brent Gort
10-21-07, 01:39
Here is a tip if you are being harrassed. Just say loudly " NO DROGAS, NO DROGAS". Drugs are major jailtime in Cuba and this should frighten away most jineteras.

What do experienced mongers think?

Best,

BG

Kdogg21
10-21-07, 02:33
Here is a tip if you are being harrassed. Just say loudly " NO DROGAS, NO DROGAS". Drugs are major jailtime in Cuba and this should frighten away most jineteras.

What do experienced mongers think?

Best,

BG

I had one guy, who wouldn't go away in Havana and I started screaming "Donde Policia", he disappeared quite quickly.

Holiday27
10-26-07, 04:30
I'm thinking about heading down to Cuba sometime mid December and was wondering if anyone will be there already or might be thinking of going. I was in havana early this year on a solo trip and can't complain. My spanish isn't that good but I managed, I'm looking to party (man can the women dance to reggaeton) and be with some girls (fulfill some fantasies) so was thinking its always better if theres some company. Let me know if anyone wants to plan on going or will be down there.

Cheers

Holiday27
10-26-07, 04:38
I'm thinking about heading down to Cuba sometime mid December and was wondering if anyone will be there already or might be thinking of going. I was in havana early this year on a solo trip and can't complain. My spanish isn't that good but I managed, I'm looking to party (man can the women dance to reggaeton) and be with some girls (fulfill some fantasies) so was thinking its always better if theres some company. Let me know if anyone wants to plan on going or will be down there. Cheers

El Grande
10-26-07, 20:01
I'm thinking about heading down to Cuba sometime mid December and was wondering if anyone will be there already or might be thinking of going. I was in havana early this year on a solo trip and can't complain. My spanish isn't that good but I managed, I'm looking to party (man can the women dance to reggaeton) and be with some girls (fulfill some fantasies) so was thinking its always better if theres some company. Let me know if anyone wants to plan on going or will be down there. Cheers

Oh hell, I gotta wait till may!!
But I know exactly whatcha talking 'bout! I have about 200 Reggaeton CD at home and just playing them turns on that 'Cuban booty shaking clip' in my head! Bring them some copies of new Reggaeton CD's and you'll be the King!
Have fun!

Holiday27
11-12-07, 05:21
I'm headed down to Havana the week of December 16-23. Anyone going to be there at that time. Wouldn't mind chipping in for a rental car as I hear that is the way to go in Cuba. Let me know ASAP so we can plan.

El Rey De Pollo
11-15-07, 17:06
Been to Cuba a couple of times but last time was the first time I decided to introduce my camera to my off-duty chica-hobby.

On the day of departure I got really nervous about the hardcore material on my laptop and memory-card, so I decided to delete all the really hardcore stuff and just keep the nude and dressed photos (where I couldn't be seen).

Next time around (hopefully very soon) I want to take loads of photos and maybe even do some videotaping of girls in action.

Any kind of import/export of pornographical material is strictly forbidden in Cuba, so do any of you get the same worries before leaving the country? Do you worry about a duty officer going through your stuff, finding the xxx material and exchanging your plane ticket home to a one way ticket to a bad ass Cuban prison with charges of pornographic export?

Am I just being a pussy?

Or do you have any tricks you want to share about to get your good stuff through customs and out of the country unseen?

If it is true that Cuban authorities keep track of this site, perhaps any smuggling tips are better of in a PM.

TG

Intercept
11-16-07, 01:25
I have visited Cuba in 2002 going through canada and I did nto have any problem. Is it still possible to go to Cuba and return to the US through either canada or mexico without encountering problems from the us gov't?

Holiday27
11-17-07, 04:07
Whats your email address so I can give you a shout. I should be arriving on the 16th or 17th of December. Did you get a place to stay yet? . Anyways send me your email addy and we can talk. Lates