PDA

View Full Version : Rio de Janeiro - Hotels & Apartments

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Lover Boy #2
08-11-05, 04:57
As a short aside, guys sometimes stay at what they believe to be very nice, top of the line hotels....not realizing that the entry to the favela is a 1/2 Rua away. You have to watch yorself no matter where you are in Rio (Copa and the beloved Ipanema)...so you might as well get a good hotel deal and spend more on the girls.

Perkele
08-11-05, 13:28
Brazilman,

Ave. Atlantica to Rua A.Saldanha aka. Domingos Ferreira (half block) at that point, to Ave. NS Copacabana to Rua Barata Ribeiro...look on the right at Tonelero. The main blocks are NS Copacabana, Rua Barata Ribeiro and the hotel is at Tonelero. About 3 city blocks and .39 kilometres to the beach.

I like the neighborhood of this hotel, though admittedly not for everyone. The metro is directly across the street, as is Luomo and a local swinger's club. I have never had a problem, day or night at this place. Friends have stayed here and never had a problem. The theives are mostly looking for tourists on the beach. I have walked here at 0300 and never heard anything from the street guys.Don't listen this guy. Barata Ribeiro and Toneleiro at 3 AM might be the last thing you ever see. Even Av. Atlantica or N.S. Copacabana are dangerous at those hours. JUST DON'T WALK during the night. Taxi's are so cheap that its plain stupid to walk around during the night.

P

Truant
08-11-05, 15:57
This hotel is ALMOST on the beach-- about a half block- on Rua Farme de Moado #34. Very guest friendly if you register as a double upon checkin. Room safes, quiet, quiet air conditioning, good, good, breakfast buffet, internet in lobby, up to date facilities, pool on roof with gym ( not a great gym), English speaking staff. R$135 per night. Kinda pricey.

Truant

Truant
08-11-05, 22:39
The price should read US$135.00 not R$135.

Well worth it, though, for the location in Ipanema.

Lover Boy #2
08-12-05, 07:55
Perkele,

When you leave Luomo at around midnight....a guy like you should probably take a taxi the half block to Atlantico Copacabana....the driver will laugh. Can you take a taxi down the non working escalator from the second floor of the antique mall to the street level? Can you take a taxi across the sidewalk from the suco place to the street? If the fear level is so high, you are probably better not coming at all.

Read my posts in the crime section. I am a big supporter of safety and not being a victim. I have posted details of incidents I am aware of. I do believe in most cases taking a taxi is a good idea....like when leaving Help (for obvious and previously discussed reasons).

All I was saying is that in my opinion, this particular area is not that bad at night. Actually, I kind of like the area because of the late night suco places and the availabilty of food late into the night...not far away from the hotel. That is it.

I have read your posts on WSG. You consistantly come on too strong. Your contributions have not been that great, but the personal attacks have (like I'm a liar who has a personal interest in seeing someone robbed.....maybe I'm waiting outside the hotel with my knife to rob you?...or maybe this is a conspiracy to get tourists to stay at the hotel so they get robbed?).

Dude, the reality is Rio is a dangerous place. Come at your own risk. The pussy must be great because people are risking their lives to get at it. The reality also is that I believe the area around Help to be very dangerous at night, the intersection of Santa Clara and NS Copa and the areas of Ave. Prado Junior and Ave. Princesa Isabel (very dangerous).

Maybe your style causes your fears? Be nice...people will love you!

Peace/out

Perkele
08-12-05, 15:45
Lover BOY,

You're just ridicule with your accusations on me. It may seem to you that I come too strong on security issues or it might even seem to you that I'm afraid of everything in Rio. That's 100% your problem. I got an impression from your earlier post that you actually said that its ok to walk 3 blocks from Av. Atlantica to Toneleiro especially during the night. In a way you're right Rio isn't a war zone where you have to dodge bullets and there aren't guys in every streetcorner robbing you, but its a known fact that its more likely to get mugged on Barata Ribeiro than on N.S. Copacabana.

You know that lots of newbies are reading these posts we write here and if you write that its ok to walk around Copa during the night some dumbass will do that. Haven't you ever heard that its better to be safe than sorry?

If you go to Rio frequently I'm sure that you have noticed how the city has changed in last couple of years? I lived there for 2 years and in 2003 it was a lot safer than today. It an unfortunate fact and everybody has to take that under consideration.

Anyway, what comes to walking from L'uomo to Atlantico hotel or any juicebars in the neighbourhood of course you won't be able to use a taxi but it doesn't mean that the neighbourhood is safe. If you haven't been mugged it doesn't mean that others won't be. It is also true that its relatively safe to go around when all the juicebars are open and there are people on the street and so on. I wouldn't walk after 10 pm in Rio if I can avoid it and its my choise.

I just hope that everyone can enjoy their time in Rio and stay safe.

P

Lover Boy #2
08-13-05, 05:39
Perkele,

Good point on the newbies. Introspectively, sometimes I give people too much credit for common sense and then disaster strikes.

I'm a monger with pride....maybe I just took it the wrong way.

Peace Brother.

Amerioca
08-14-05, 07:39
Brazilman,

Ave. Atlantica to Rua A.Saldanha aka. Domingos Ferreira (half block) at that point, to Ave. NS Copacabana to Rua Barata Ribeiro...look on the right at Tonelero. The main blocks are NS Copacabana, Rua Barata Ribeiro and the hotel is at Tonelero. About 3 city blocks and .39 kilometres to the beach.

I like the neighborhood of this hotel, though admittedly not for everyone. The metro is directly across the street, as is Luomo and a local swinger's club. I have never had a problem, day or night at this place. Friends have stayed here and never had a problem. The theives are mostly looking for tourists on the beach. I have walked here at 0300 and never heard anything from the street guys.

Yes, I know that area too well. When I closed Luomo's, I walked across the street to the entrance of the favella and caught a moto taxi home...at least when I lived in Copa. The area is well patrolled by the PMs...and those are the bastards you need to watch for late at night.

First thing I do when exiting the door of L is to go over to ledge, and scope out the street. The PMs can usually be spotted from that vantage. Most times I find them in a car parked down the street (to the left). If not there, likely parked next to the Metro station entrance on sidewalk.

The difference between a ladrone and a PM is this....the ladrone will jack your shit, and then leave, the PM will jack your shit, fuck with you, try to steal/rob as much as possible, and worse. Most of the street robberies in Copa are committed by ladrones, not bandidos.

We all get sized up on the street. Best defense is your Portuguese and familiarity of culture. In any case, I rec. newbies to fly low and fast.

Perkele
08-15-05, 18:55
Perkele,

Good point on the newbies. Introspectively, sometimes I give people too much credit for common sense and then disaster strikes.

I'm a monger with pride. Maybe I just took it the wrong way.

Peace Brother.Dude!

No worries. Just too many shit happens when people aren't aware. That's all.

Peace

JustGotBack
08-18-05, 06:16
Yes, I know I should stay in a apt. I have in the past but I don't like that you have to prepay for an apt and get stuck. I want the option this trip of staying longer or moving on earlier. Is Rio Rioss still my cheapest decent bet?

Lorenzo
08-18-05, 20:27
Amerioca,

What is a PM? I don't think you mean 'private message,' which is the only reference I could find in the abbreviation list. For that matter, what is a 'ladrone'? Do you mean 'ladrao'? (Portuguese for thief or robber).

Lorenzo

Member #2329
08-18-05, 21:39
PM= Policia Militar

Carrib
08-19-05, 00:49
I think he means the Military Police or Policia Militar(sp?)..not sure of the difference between a thief and a bandit though when both will steal from you given the opportunity.

Rio Bob
08-19-05, 02:57
Amerioca,

What is a PM? I don't think you mean 'private message,' which is the only reference I could find in the abbreviation list. For that matter, what is a 'ladrone'? Do you mean 'ladrao'? (Portuguese for thief or robber).

Lorenzo

PM is a Policia Militar , Military Police, you see them all over Rio and yes like the poster said watch out for them because they're looking to make a living off you too.

Doc Bill
08-21-05, 08:14
I'm thinking of staying at the Sol Ipanema my next trip, in October. Has anyone had any experience with them? Girl-friendly?

Charm City Dave
08-23-05, 01:21
I have not been in Rio for a long long time, but may need to go for work. I think perhap I might shed a tear or two for Rio of the late 90s early 00s as I think the place has gone way down hill since then.

I am leary of the place given it seems to be open season on Gringos these days. But my boss knows I speak Portuguese so I suspect I shall not have a choice. Well I will at least hit a Terma or two and taking cabs everywhere I guess the hastle factor (which I hate down there) will be ok.

In any case, since the firm is paying I suspect I can stay someplace nice. Is the Marriott still girl friendly? I may have a scort or two up.

Thanks,

Yada yada yada.

Lover Boy #2
08-23-05, 08:09
1. "ladrone" = ladrão ?

2. "Most of the street robberies in Copa are committed by ladrones, not bandidos" (salteador do ladrão?).

I think #1 is apparent.....I don't get #2 though. What is the difference?....does the bandito have a big mustache?

Turf Builder
08-23-05, 21:19
I stayed there in May. Totally girl friendly, but they added a service charge. I don't recall amount but I thought it was a little high.
I'm thinking of staying at the Sol Ipanema my next trip, in October. Has anyone had any experience with them? Girl-friendly?

Chezz
08-24-05, 06:25
I'm thinking of staying at the Sol Ipanema my next trip, in October. Has anyone had any experience with them? Girl-friendly?Yeah, I stayed there on my first trip, April of this year. They charged me 35r to bring a girl up, and it wasn't much of a hassel at all. This is my favorite hotel in Ipanema. Directly across the street from Posto 9, comfortable room, friendly service and an excellent breakfast.

I was wondering when I would make my first post. <pop>

Austin Hotel
08-26-05, 05:35
Visited Rio for the first time last year. Went to a strip club two blocks or so up the street from the hotel (not down Ave Atlantique, but the street perpendicular to AA). Had a great time with the same girl on two nights.

The first night she convinced me to go to a cheap hotel because she said she couldn't get into the Meridien. Worked out fine, but in hindsight, I was a moron as I walked back to the Meridien at 2AM all by myself. Stupid, Stupid.

The next night I actually got her upstairs in the Meridien with me. But after a shower, she realizes that she nor I have protection. So reluctantly we go down the street to make a purchase. Then I can't get her back upstairs!!!!

So here is my question - I have to stay at the Meridien (can't explain why), so do I risk the cheap hotels or is there another solution?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Austin Hotel

Lorenzo
08-26-05, 20:00
Austin Hotel,

I don't see what the 'risk' is in going to the cheap hotel. The risk was in walking back to the Meridien by yourself which, as you yourself admit, was stupid. So in the future take a taxi.

Now as far as getting your garota into the Meridien: I have successfully sneaked garotas into the Meridien and several other 5-star hotels (Caesar Park, Sheraton). It is not hard to do if you follow a few common sense rules. First and foremost is this: the girl must not look like a prostitute! That is more important than anything. Remember that 99% of the hotel's clientele is non-monger, and many families stay there, so the hotel wants to maintain its reputation. The last thing they want is for slutty looking women parading through the lobby and going up to the rooms. So the girl should be dressed at least sporty chic casual or business casual.

The second rule, which is a little more flexible, is to have your dalliance during the day if at all possible. Security is much more lax during the day, the lobby is much busier, and there is no one watching the elevator. At night the Meridien has someone in the lobby whose specific job it is to guard entry to the elevator. So getting her up to your room at night is much more difficult, but not impossible. Your best bet for a daytime liaison is to meet a girl at the termas, get her phone number (get a few just in case), then call her and arrange to meet her at the hotel.

It's always better if you and the girl don't enter the hotel together. Either meet her there at the bar, or, if you have just met her and want to take her back, have her arrive at the hotel in a different taxi and then meet you at the bar. During the day, just have a drink, then walk casually to the elevator. At night, a slightly different strategy is in order.

Here's how to get past the watchdog at the elevator. All of the luxury hotels have a restaurant either on the roof or on an upper floor (the Sheraton also has a beachfront restaurant on a lower floor). Just take your honey to the elevator, and if you are questioned, say that you are going to dinner upstairs. Since it's possible the watchdog may look at the floor indicator to see that you actually go there, my suggestion is to actually go to the floor the restaurant is on, dally a couple of minutes, maybe looking at the menu, then get back on the elevator and go to your room. This has never failed. Of course, it will work only when the restaurant is open, so this rules out late at night.

I hope this helps. If all else fails, go to one of the love motels on Av. Niemeyer (Shalimar, Sinless) rather than to some cheap hotel in Copa. They are not too expensive, and the quality of the rooms is equal to, and in some cases better than, those in a luxury hotel.

Lorenzo

Member #4156
08-27-05, 19:08
After my flight to Miami was cancelled on thurs. and I had to stay an extra two nights in Rio, I couldn´t retrun to my apartment so I decided to stay in Hotel Atlantico on Sequira Campos. The place is very nice. The people are always concerned about your needs go out of their way to help. I found it to be girl friendly. I had a garota to come and get me to take me to Club Six last night and she arrived around 2:00 AM. All the guys at the front desk just smiled. Afterwards when we returned I walked straight to the elevator without saying anything but she wasn´t sure so she stopped at the desk to ask permission (I think). We went up and she spent the night and I had no problem with morning staff hastling me when I walked her to her cab. Funny thing though, when I went up and came back down to the lobby I met this chick on the elevator who looked dressed as if she came from a boite and spent the night for some overnight sex. I asked her if she went to Help last night and she smiled with a sim. When we arrived in the lobby I seen her stop at the front desk. I think she had to check out or something. But me myself, I had no problem. No guest on my list and on top of that I had a single room. Go figure.

I guess if you come up in there at descent hours with families and business men around in the lobby you might get hounded but when you do your dirt on the low with nobody around then it probably is okay.

Member #4643
08-31-05, 04:08
i second the recommendation for the ac. i have stayed there about 10 times, never with a problem. the girls all register, the hotel treats them (and you) with respect, and there is never any charge if you have a suit. they are supposed to bill you ?35 reals if you do not have a suite, but i have never been charged for that either.

the best thing is that it is 3 minutes from luomo. last time i was there, my regular rio girl fell asleep early. i got the urge around midnight, slipped quietly out of the room and simply walked across the street to luomo, had a quicky, and retired back to the hotel completely relaxed around 1 am. who can complain?

my only gripe with the hotel is that high speed internet access is expensive there. i paid nearly $50 us last time i was at the ac. does anyone know if the mercure, which gives free internet access, is "girl friendly"?

GabrielPontello
08-31-05, 11:53
I personally prefer to stay in some motel where you have not to pay any extra to get the girls in and, at the same price of a 4stars hotel, you may have the jacuzzi and sometimes a turkish bath or a sauna in your own room
the breakfast (for 2 persons) is included in the daily rate and it's served in your room

JustGotBack
09-01-05, 05:50
GabrielPontello, can you recommend some motels?

GabrielPontello
09-01-05, 13:40
since I don't like very much the Copa area, I usually stay at Flamengo or Botafogo
in the heart of the Flamengo area, at the end of the rua do Catete, there's a small motel named LoveTime
it has reasonable prices and the suites are big and full of amenities (one of them has a jacuzzi for 6/8 persons!)
if you prefer a good view, head up to Diamond, not far from there and get the suite especial (it has both a normal and a water bed inside)
the top motel as for the sight and the luxury of the rooms is VIP's but has the worst service by far (and is very expensive)
I think there's a useful site with almost all the motels in RIO (guiamotel or something like that)
check there the informations you need and you'll find also some special offer

JustGotBack
09-01-05, 16:59
Thanks, I found the site www.guiademoteis.com.br. Those are some nice looking places and cheap for how nice those rooms look. I take it these are "love" motels so there shouldn't be a problem bringing a girl in. Is it strange at all staying at a love motel?

GabrielPontello
09-02-05, 10:00
I was more embarassed in waiting the hotel registration procedure of the girl at the desk (with many curious guests looking at us...) then in going to the room without any problem at every hour of the day or the night in a motel
Motels in Brazil are a lot far from the ugly and oscenous places we're used to in the western world
Motels there are simply hotels made to have the most comfort with your girlfriend or with anyone you want
I stayed in a motel for the first time thanks to a brazilian friend's suggestion and I'm still grateful to him for that
another important thing...
every time I had a visit, I asked to the receptionist to clean (arrumar) the room and it is absolutely normal and without any extra
so then, if you like to have sex, go in the best place to do it
if you're going to spend your time visiting the city and trying to make friends with some tourist like you are, head to some hotel

Lorenzo
09-02-05, 10:57
Justgotback,

You can't "stay" at a motel, in the sense of staying overnight. They charge by the hour. Not only is there no problem bringing the girl in, that's what they are there for. The word "motel" has a very different meaning to Brazilians. All motels are love motels.

In my opinion, the best and most convenient are Shalimar and Sinless, both next to each other on Av. Niemeyer, just past Leblon. The rooms are multi-level, with huge round bed, jacuzzi, ceiling mirrors...can't be beat. When you're finished you can have them call a taxi, or just go out on Niemeyer and flag one down.

Lorenzo

JustGotBack
09-02-05, 16:09
Lorenzo, are you sure about that. Gabriel's posts seem to say that he's actually staying there and not just for an hour at a time. They also do have a daily rate at these places and not just by the hour.

Vatel69
09-02-05, 19:21
Motels usually follow this guidelines for time.
Week days the period charged is of minimun 4 hours and any extra time is charged another 4 hours period depending on the motel. After 10 pm you can pay for overnight at the normal rate.
On weekends overnight is more diicult due to the increase of patrons. Overnight is allowed but they charge a lot more.
In some cities the definition of motel and small hotel gets confusion. In general motel are the places where each room has it´s on private garage and the entrance to the room is very discreet.
There are small hotels that you can have the room for just 4 hours period or you can stay as if staying at a normal hotel.
I hope this will help you out.
The places listed in the www.guiademoteis.com.br are mostly places for short period stay.
People who know SP for example.
Asturias is a very high end short stay motel. It charges sometimes close to a 5 star hotel. In the other hand you have Lido in liberdade that will charge something between 40 - 80 reais for 4 hours.
If you are visiting town I totally reccomend that just take the girl to the hotel you are staying. It just doesn´t make sense to pay 40-80 for 4 hours if you are staying in a hotel paying 100-200 for 24 hours.

Henry R
09-03-05, 06:42
I stayed at the Arporador Inn a couple of years ago and it was fine, and guest friendly with no fee for guests. There have been posts by two people on this board in the last couple of months asking if the Arporador Inn, at Arporador Beach, is still guest friendly with no extra charge. So far no reponses. Does anyone know if it is still guest friendly? If not, can anyone living or visiting Rio now check it our for me? I will visit Rio in November.

Member #4156
09-03-05, 19:58
Apartments are better.

On my visit in Rio, I had the chance to stay in a hotel and apartment and I think apartments rule out when you compare the most positives. No guest fees to worry about, alway someone availible 24 hrs to assist you. Your privacy is not invaded unless you want it to be. The best part is that they are cheaper. Ken at ez-riorentals.com has the most economical apartments in the middle of all the action. I stayed on the beach for 50usd/night verses 120usd/night in a hotel. You can't beat that. Besides that, he'll assist you on finding or getting whatever you want.

Perkele
09-04-05, 05:02
Hi!

I have a question. Where do you get these ridiculous prices from? US$120 per night? When I looked for a hotel in rio they all quoted in REALs and prices varied from R$ 120 onwards. While back when US$ was 3 to 1 R$ 120 was 40$ which is not that bad, especially when the rooms are cleaned. I actually stayed quite a long in a hotel where I paid R$ 130, with breakfast and lunch/dinner included. I think that you're asking prices from US, which is not the way to do it. Get the prices directly from the hotel.

In Flamengo area there are several decent hotels at the pricerange R$ 50 - 100/ night.

P

Charm City Dave
09-04-05, 21:54
2nd try. Can anyone give me a status on the Marriott. It used to be girl friendly as long as she was dressed ok. Still the case?

Thanks,

Yada yada yada.

Bad Boy Billy
09-04-05, 23:48
Help me please guys if you can.

Australian guy heading to Rio in early Oct for first visit - I have been in touch with www.rioapartments.com regarding apartment rental - anybody had previous experience with this group?

Recommend them or steer clear?

Thanks in advance.

GabrielPontello
09-05-05, 08:54
Justgotback,

You can't "stay" at a motel, in the sense of staying overnight. They charge by the hour. ..........Lorenzo

if you never done it....don't say that's impossible.
I'm not talking about what I guess, but about WHAT I DID.
I stayed 1 week in the Lovetime motel last year and 3 days at Diamond this year in Rio.
I made the same in Maxim motel at Salvador in february.

Helpmann
09-05-05, 09:44
I stayed 1 week in the Lovetime motel last year and 3 days at Diamond this year in Rio.
Gabriel,

That's really interesting. I was wondering how the service compared to a regular hotel and if you can recommend a motel in the Rio. How much were you paying per day at Diamond, Lovetime, and Maxim and were these prices negotiated?

If you have website addresses for any of the forementioned or recommended motels, I would appreciate it if you could provide this information as well.

Thanks so much,
Helpmann :)

Cachorro
09-05-05, 12:42

I had a similar conversation with Lorenzo on this thread. And I explained about diaria and pernoite rates in a motel. And yet he still insists it isn't possible.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=261883#post261883

Maybe this time...

In many hotels bringing pros back to your room is tolerated but they wish you would have the good manners not to do it. For those guys who are high volume mongers (several girls per day) the motel could be a good option. There's a time and a place for everything.

Liucio
09-05-05, 20:42
My apartment will be finished in late Sept.

My website will be finished later.

Lorenzo
09-06-05, 04:59
Okay, I shouldn't have used the word "can't," and I never used the word "impossible." But I'm still at a loss as to why anyone would want to stay long term at a motel. For what you would pay to stay overnight, or multiple nights, you could easily stay at a 5-star hotel. Besides, I don't recall the motels having any closet or dresser space. But if you want to stay there, that's fine with me. It's your money.

Lorenzo

GabrielPontello
09-06-05, 13:57
Gabriel,

That's really interesting. I was wondering how the service compared to a regular hotel and if you can recommend a motel in the Rio. How much were you paying per day at Diamond, Lovetime, and Maxim and were these prices negotiated?

If you have website addresses for any of the forementioned or recommended motels, I would appreciate it if you could provide this information as well.

Thanks so much,
Helpmann :)

if I remembered details like these I'd be surprised...
just check the "diaria" price on the motel's website or, as I did, write'em a e-mail to quote the price for a X days stay

I love the motel solution for many reason (not questionable from anyone different from me, I guess)
jacuzzi, sex-chair, room service and the free and discreet girls entrance policy, but I don't wanna say that's the best lodging solution, just my favourite...

JustGotBack
09-14-05, 17:02
Are the Sheratons in Rio guest friendly? I searched and the few posts seem to say you can get away with it, but they are fairly old. I can use up some points and stay for free if they are.

Riohemp
09-15-05, 23:55
Are the Sheratons in Rio guest friendly? I searched and the few posts seem to say you can get away with it, but they are fairly old. I can use up some points and stay for free if they are.Both Sheratons are girl friendly Leblon and Barra. Very classy Hotels so make sure the girls look great too and dressed properly. I lived at the Sheraton in Barra for 6 months and really enoyed it. Beautiful Hotel.

Hemp

South Texdude
09-16-05, 06:43
Both Sheratons are girl friendly Leblon and Barra. Very classy Hotels so make sure the girls look great too and dressed properly. I lived at the Sheraton in Barra for 6 months and really enoyed it. Beautiful Hotel.

HempI did some research and decided to stay at the Sheraton in Barra next Spring, looks great on their website. Glad to hear the good news about being garota friendly. Thanks!

Sunset Strip
09-17-05, 19:47
I have heard that there are a lot of gringas looking for action around this hotel. Can anyone verify this fact?

TJ

Sperto
09-17-05, 19:55
I have heard that there are a lot of gringas looking for action around this hotel. Can anyone verify this fact?

TJ

Who cares about gringas when you're in Rio?
By the way, if the gringas look for action they propably look for some natives.

Sunset Strip
09-17-05, 22:00
I do not personally want any of them because I have heard these women are usually not very good looking.

So, can anybody inform me as to what they have actually heard?

TJ

Golden Child
09-19-05, 04:59
Anyone ever stay at the Excelsior Copacabana Hotel?

Golden Child
09-19-05, 05:30
Anyone ever stay at the Everest Rio Hotel?

Also, is there a FAQ for newbies going to Rio?

Cachorro
09-19-05, 08:36
Also, is there a FAQ for newbies going to Rio?

GC, look for the locked topic near the bottom of the Brazil topics.

Bubba Boy's guide. Very comprehensive.

Trippleecks
09-19-05, 12:55
Why anyone would want to stay in the Sheraton unless you have a 1 girlfriend you stay with while you are there, is beyond me. Getting back and forth to where the action is, is a royal pain in the ass. You can expect to be stopped and hassled by the police nearly every night when returning from Copa. Central or even Ipanema. They will try and extort as much money from you as possible. The taxi fares are nearly 50.reais each way into Copa.

JustGotBack
09-19-05, 16:45
Thanks. That's what I needed to hear. I was thinking about the Sheraton solely because it's free, but it is way out there.

Latino
09-20-05, 01:14
Question : Has anyone had any experience or is familiar with the following apartment rental websites (Basically looking for 2-3 BR apartment in Copa or Ipanema oceanfront/oceanview):

www.riovacationrentals.com
www.blameitonrio4travel.com
www.rentinrio.com
www.spectralight.net
www.rioapartments.com
www.EZ-RioRentals.com
www.homesinrio.com/welcome~pageId~71.htm
www.telefonema.net/
www.riorenting.com/
www.gringomanagement.com/
www.apartmentsinrio.com/
www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/south-america
www.riorentals4less.com/apartments_hotels.shtml
www.ipanema.com/hotel/a.htm#augustos_copacabana

If so, please let me know your experience (whether good or bad) and whether you got what you paid for, security was good, location was worth it (also if location was convenient to pickup girls) and if you would stay there again. And if you have others that are not mentioned feel free to respond. Thanks !

Latino (in Rio 11/9-11/21)

South Texdude
09-20-05, 04:42
You can stay in Copa every single time you go, and of course you could stay in Times Square in NY too, but why? Sure you're away from "the action" outside Copa, but are you really?

Barra does have thermas and easy access to Centro (and you know what;s there), and of course the escort services, but then if you'd rather stay in a 1 square mile area with the rest of the tourist, go ahead.

By the way it might do some of you some good to do something other that see the inside of the motel, Help and a therma in a shopping mall, there are other places and things to do.

Of course you can stay in the same place and complain about how all the gringos are ruining the scene and the prices. That's a little easier to do.

Boa sorte!

JustGotBack
09-20-05, 05:04
I've been looking around for apts in Rio. They aren't as cheap as they used to be. In fact, I can stay at many hotels for less now. The thing I don't like about apts is getting stuck. Once you're booked, you're booked. If it turns out to be horrible, you can't switch. I've stayed in some pretty crappy apts in Rio that if they were hotels, I would have left in a heart beat.

I've searched on it looks like the Mar Ipenema would be a good place to stay. From the reports it seems mostly girl friendly. Anyone recently stay there?

Trippleecks
09-20-05, 14:55
Sorry but anyone making a decision on a Hotel or an Apartment solely based on a price is leaving themselves wide open to trouble. Anyone who has been in Copacabana can tell you just like in NYC, or any other large city, the area (location, location, location) is more important than the price. Trying to save a few dollars and winding up in a shitty area of the city can be very bad for your health… You should also consider with Hotels what they have in the way of guest policies. What if anything do they charge, are there certain times during the day that guests ARE NOT ALLOWED?

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-05, 15:08
I know I had a number of problems when booking my apartment for a month. First of all, I wanted something with a decent, firm bed. It also needed to be in the $400-$600 range. I saw some decent looking apartments in the $400 range (for the month), but even in the pictures, I could see they had funky little mattresses.

Many of the agents would spend time with you if you wanted to spend $50 or $80 per day on a place. This just wouldn't work for me for a month's stay. I first contacted Kenn, and I think he was in the $1000 a month range. When I asked for less expensive places, he just never responded back. I always try and book at least a couple of months out, so I don't have any problems. He emailed me two weeks before I was coming, and said, "Oh, have you found a place yet"? This was over a month after I had asked him for other places.

John Thompson (Rio Rentals 4 Less), was also recommended. I got a bit of a run around here. I had to restate what I wanted everytime I talked to them. The mainly handle other people's properties. I had called a few times, and it was always, "Oh, we'll call you tomorrow with something". Just as I was getting ready to chose another apartment, John called me back, and offered me his own apartment.

He also threw in a cell phone to use while I'm here, and promised that I would have a good bed.

I sent him a deposit (NY address) for about 1/3 of the rental price. Mid $500's for the month.

The bed wasn't right when I got there (prison mattress is how I'd describe it), but he did get me a good mattress the next day on loan, and then bought a new one a couple of days later. Other small problems fixed within a day or two of asking.

John is very personable, but you may have to be vigilant and call a few times to get what you want. Everyone in his office is pleasant, and the free internet in their office, plus the use of their Vonage for free US calls is a great perk.

Others had posted about Margareth at http://www.thewonderfulcity.com/default.asp - She was by the far the most responsive, and sent fotos quickly.

Trippleecks
09-20-05, 15:51
John must be desperate for business to have given up his own apartment.. and for only the mid $500's US for the month. At what you were looking to spend $400-$600 US, no wonder no one was able to come up with a nice apt. for you.

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-05, 16:04
John must be desperate for business to have given up his own apartment.. and for only the mid $500's US for the month. At what you were looking to spend $400-$600 US, no wonder no one was able to come up with a nice apt. for you.

This is not the apartment he lives in, but the one he actually owns. I don't think he's desperate.

I find your comments to be rather rude and arrogant.

I have rented apartments around the world, and especially for Latin America that is a reasonable amount for a basic apartment.

It's 4 blocks from the beach, 1 bedroom, and nothing special, overall. It does have a full kitchen, a small living room. No view. But it's not too noisy, and doesn't face the street or such.

By the way, I found about 20 or more places that were the price range I listed.

JustGotBack
09-20-05, 16:40
I hear you about the prison mattresses in some of these apartments. They look like regular mattresses but are really about 2 inches of foam on plywood. It would be OK if they were new. But they've been slept on for decades and the 2 inches of foam have been compressed to about 1/4 inch in the middle. About as comfortable as sleeping on the floor.

Bravo
09-21-05, 06:08
This is not the apartment he lives in, but the one he actually owns. I don't think he's desperate.

I find your comments to be rather rude and arrogant.

I have rented apartments around the world, and especially for Latin America that is a reasonable amount for a basic apartment.

It's 4 blocks from the beach, 1 bedroom, and nothing special, overall. It does have a full kitchen, a small living room. No view. But it's not too noisy, and doesn't face the street or such.

By the way, I found about 20 or more places that were the price range I listed.

Your right about the price, you should be able to get a decent apartment in Rio for 4- 600 bucks. The agency might try to stick it to you by asking for a thousand dollars, but unless its beach front, the average monger should have no problem finding something cheaper. I paid 500 for my really nice studio for the month of October.

Trippleecks
09-21-05, 14:34
Jaimito Cartero, sorry if you don't like my comments but its the truth.. Finding a nice apartment for a month in Rio for only $400US-600US is not easy.

You did not make it clear that the apartment you rented was only one that John owns and not the one he lives in... (Just as I was getting ready to chose another apartment, John called me back, and offered me his own apartment.)
MAKE IT MORE CLEAR NEXT TIME and avoid problems....

Jaimito Cartero
09-21-05, 15:05
Jaimito Cartero, sorry if you don't like my comments but its the truth.. Finding a nice apartment for a month in Rio for only $400US-600US is not easy.

You did not make it clear that the apartment you rented was only one that John owns and not the one he lives in... (Just as I was getting ready to chose another apartment, John called me back, and offered me his own apartment.)
MAKE IT MORE CLEAR NEXT TIME and avoid problems....

How many apartments have you looked for in Rio in the $400-$600 price range? I have, and it's not that difficult. Others have posted it's not that difficult either. Perhaps you should think through your responses a little more, before you let your fingers fly.

I stated that John's company, "mainly handle other people's properties", but that I was renting his own unit. Sorry if you didn't understand this.

One thing that people who come for one or two weeks (I don't know if this describes you or not, I can't say that I know anything about your Rio habits.) don't understand it that many rental properties are vacant as much as they are full. Sure, at Carnival they're full, but other times they're not. Most places will rent to you for a month for the same as they would charge for 2 weeks. It's less hassle for them to rent once, than 3 or 4 times, as well.

JustGotBack
09-21-05, 16:34
Has anyone booked a apartment through www.thewonderfulcity.com? Is she reliable? She wants the deposit through Western Union which I, rightly or wrongly, associate with scams.

Perkele
09-21-05, 17:14
I have to agree wit Jaimito Carteiro, its really easy to find something between $400 - $600. I lived in Rio for 2 yrs and my last apartment was in Botfogo, furnished 3 Br apt right off Rio Sul, I paid R$ 2000 /month which was just above $700. That was just a choise, but there were lots of smaller and cheaper ones available.

p

Jaimito Cartero
09-21-05, 17:56
Has anyone booked a apartment through www.thewonderfulcity.com? Is she reliable? She wants the deposit through Western Union which I, rightly or wrongly, associate with scams.

She was very pleasant to me in the emails I had with her. I know a few other people here have recommended her.

I'm still in Rio, so if you need help, PM me and I might be able to do something to help.

Rio Bob
09-21-05, 18:15

I know this woman Margareth very well, she is NO scam artist, she is the real deal, very professional. She lives in Copacabana behind the Marriott so if you need her or her brother they are very close by to help you.

DFWdude
09-21-05, 22:49
Ibiza Copacabana Hotel? Is this place "guest friendly". Looks like a fairly good deal. Any insight.

Exec Talent
09-22-05, 06:11
rio bob,

i respectfully disagree. i rented an apartment from kenn at www.ez-riorentals.com. when i decided to stay a little longer than originally planned i needed to find another place for about a week. kenn did not have anything with high-speed internet so i called margareth and was very specific that i needed a place with high-speed internet.

she put me in what would normally have been a great apartment. the place obviously had not been rented in awhile as it was musty and it had roaches. also, the shower did not work properly which she blamed on me. the internet worked fine when i first arrived and then stopped working. although the cable company had to replace the modem, that too was my fault.

she originally told me there was nothing she could do that she had given the money to the owner and then she told me she would refund my money but i had to move immediately.

in terms of easy to contact and general responsiveness, i had no problem. also, she seemed like a nice enough woman. she did tell me her car had just been stolen so maybe she was having some bad days. what i can say is that my experience with her and kenn were like night and day. i felt comfortable with kenn from the start and he was always on top of everything. i unconditionally can recommend him. the whole experience with margareth was one hassle after another.

Amerioca
09-22-05, 07:10
Rio Bob,

She originally told me there was nothing she could do that she had given the money to the owner and then she told me she would refund my money but I had to move immediately. She did tell me her car had just been stolen so maybe she was having some bad days. The whole experience with Margareth was one hassle after another.

I have yet to go beyond this post, however, Margareth must be a Brasilian. No way in hell will you ever see your money back. I would have grabbed her BY HER THROAT and demanded the money back right then (yes, two years of living in Cidade de Deus will change you). And I'm serious as cancer. When in Rome...

Trippleecks
09-22-05, 13:53
Jaimito Cartero, I have forgotten more about Rio than you will ever know.. So don't try and tell me anything about apartments for rent in Rio. I have rented MANY, MANY apts. in Rio during the last 6 years and I have stayed more than a few times for 90.days at a time.

Some of you crack me up. ""I rented an apartment for a month for $600 US and it was great, why do you guys pay $800-$1,000 US."" Without photos of the place and it's location, how are we to judge for ourselves???????? It may be OK for some and a shithole to others. Are you also paying the utility bills for the month????

I have heard about, read about and seen guys on the street bragging that they got laid for free or had an all nighter with some girl for only 100.reais... Yes and when you actually see the girl you see she is a FAT UGLY OLD DOG and you would not fuck her for any reason. Yet there are some guys that brag about it all day long. So just giving a price for a girl or an apartment DOES NO GOOD AT ALL. Lets see what you got and where it is. I guess you have a digital camera with you, so lets see it and tell us where it is.

Perkele
09-22-05, 15:48
Nodd.

Good post, nothing to do with me but I wouldn't post the info of all the goodies I've found in Rio. This place is infested with predators who will do anything to get your goodies.
I can assure that when you've been living in Rio for long time enough and you have some good contacts you can find decent apartments with reasonable prices. Copacabana is mostly filled with brasilian scum (or foreign) who just care about the money.
Also the hotels have totally different prices for travel agencies and its very common that if you are able to speak Portuguese you'll get better price. Best price from any hotel you'll get if some brasilian would go and ask the prices for you. Us GRINGOS have a bit different prices altogether.
I've stayed in many places, Copacabana, Flamengo and Botafogo and Copacabana is worst because the apartments are usually overpriced and just plain crappy. As I mentioned the best one I found was in Botafogo that cost me about $700/month but it was 3 BR apartment.
Anyways for me a hotel is just a place to sleep and next when I go to Rio I go only for rest and relax so I won't need internet or fuckin' TV (who has time for TV in Rio anyway). I think I'll stay in one of the hotels in Catete/Botafogo/Flamengo area, those are around R$50/night. These hotels are definately guest friendly, clean and A/C. Nice location, because you can get to Copa or to Centro pretty easy.

My 2 centavos

P

Trippleecks
09-22-05, 17:45
Perkele... I understand completely. However Botofogo, Flamengo, or anywhere else they have to use the Metro or Busses to get into Copa. or Ipanema is just is NOT where most people want to stay. $700.a month is OK but Botofogo is a more dangerous area also.. I would rather spend a bit more and know that I am a bit safer.

Jaimito Cartero
09-22-05, 17:58
Jaimito Cartero, I have forgotten more about Rio than you will ever know.. So don't try and tell me anything about apartments for rent in Rio.

Again, you seem to have some pent up frustation here. Remember, that YOU are the one that started this crusade with the comment below.

At what you were looking to spend $400-$600 US, no wonder no one was able to come up with a nice apt. for you.

I never said that my apartment wasn't nice. It's certainly not fancy, however.

Since you have so much experience, let's hear about the places that you've rented by the month in the price range I mentioned.

I full admit that my knowledge of Brazil is miniscule. The whole reason I post and read the ISG/WSG is because I want to learn more. If my mistakes or info can help someone else then I feel I've done a little to return the help I've gotten, then great.

Perhaps you can post all the pictures you took in your dozens or hundreds of apartments here, in particular the ones between $400-$600.

Here is a link to my apartment.

http://www.riorentals4less.com/cgi-bin/view_apartments.cgi?function=view_details&num_bedrooms_filter=1&index=70&show_go_back=true&apartment_id=47

Trippleecks
09-22-05, 21:48
Jaimito Cartero... that looks like an OK apartment... Better then I thought it would be. It says 3 blocks from the beach so I am guessing near Barato Ribeiro .. Are you also paying the elect. bill? Does it have A/C??

I'll have to look and see if I ever took any photos of some of the places I have stayed in... I'm sure I have some..
But the rates won't make any sense for this conversation unless I can remember what the dollar was when I stayed there.. During the past 6 years in Rio the rates have gone from .1-8r to 4.01r. the dollar. So if I paid 1300.reais for an apt. when the rate was 3.5 then its only $371US for the month.. and at 3 it’s $433US. But at 1.85 its $700US.
I have usually stayed in Copacabana but not near ground zero. I usually stay on Cinco de Julio, Pompeu Louereiro or Tomelero further from the beach than you are now… a few times I stayed in the Real residence just before the tunnel to Botofogo. But no more since my brother-in-law sold his place there….

Perkele
09-22-05, 21:52
Perkele... I understand completely. However Botofogo, Flamengo, or anywhere else they have to use the Metro or Busses to get into Copa. or Ipanema is just is NOT where most people want to stay. $700.a month is OK but Botofogo is a more dangerous area also.. I would rather spend a bit more and know that I am a bit safer.

Dude what on earth are you talking about? Botafogo more dangerous than Copa? That's a statement. I'd rather stay in Botafogo-Flamengo-Catete area than in Copacabana. If you didn't know, majority ot the people in Botafogo area are normal middle class families and such. Its such a relief to walk around with a girl without everyone staring at you and calling her a ho (especially if you're with non-working girl). Think about all the possibilities to dine in Largo do Machado. Number of quality restaurants in that area is vast and its so peaceful without all Copa BS sellers and "samba" groups. You must be mixing things up, if you go to Lapa - Centro during the night it gets a bit dangerous.
Going to Copa or elsewhere is not a problem. As you said Metro takes you just about anywhere and its efficient and cheap. Bus takes you to Copa too, just get closer to Aterro, Praia do Flamengo or Praia do Botafogo and you'll get to Copa. I wouldn't recommend bus, but if you want to. After sunset just get a taxi. Catete - Prado Junior, Copa is around 15 R$. Not a problem.
Well anyway I prefer Zona Norte to Zona Sul anytime. Some of my good friends live in Praca da Bandeira where I spend lot of my time when in Rio, too bad that its virually impossible to find an apartment (Temporada) in that area. Or what sounds an apartment 3 bedroom R$ 300/month. Downside is that its not furnished and owner wanted at least 30 months contract and guarantor (Fiador). Not that easy....

P

Trippleecks
09-23-05, 03:26
Perkele, not sure where you get your numbers from but I think you're WAY OFF in your rental amounts for a 3 bedroom in Botofogo.
This link shows O Globo classified adds for 3 bedroom apts for 30 month leases in Botofogo and they are a hell of a lot more then 300reais.
Try 1200-1500reais + condo fees (200-300reais) and taxes..

http://classificados.oglobo.com.br/busca/imoveis_aluguel.asp

click here and go to
Localidade ...... select Botofogo
Tipos de Imóvel.... select 3 Quartos

then click Buscar to search the listings..........

Ulrico
09-23-05, 15:05
Anyone ever stayed at the Excelsior Copacabana Hotel? Are there Escorts more or less welcome?

Perkele
09-24-05, 06:24
Perkele, not sure where you get your numbers from but I think you're WAY OFF in your rental amounts for a 3 bedroom in Botofogo.
This link shows O Globo classified adds for 3 bedroom apts for 30 month leases in Botofogo and they are a hell of a lot more then 300reais.
Try 1200-1500reais + condo fees (200-300reais) and taxes..

http://classificados.oglobo.com.br/busca/imoveis_aluguel.asp

click here and go to
Localidade ...... select Botofogo
Tipos de Imóvel.... select 3 Quartos

then click Buscar to search the listings..........

Nodd!

What? I think that I stated that the price COULD be R$ 300 in ZONA NORTE, that's not Botafogo. I know perfectly what apts cost in Botafogo. I actually could have rented one BEAUTIFUL apt in Tijuca (NOT BARRA) with that amount but I'm not Brasilian and I knew that I wasn't going to stay 3 yrs (minimum rental time) etc. etc.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

P

Braves41
09-24-05, 17:35
I have a question regarding where one would exchange money if staying in an apartment? During my two eariler visits to Rio, I stayed in hotels where they exchanged the money right there. I was also wondering about laundry service. Any information would be great. I will be in Rio from Oct. 21st until 27th. I will give a post when I return.

Thanks guys.

Brazil Lover
09-24-05, 17:48
The only two I can recommend against is gringomanagement and blameitonrio4travel. They both are bait-and-switch, so don't waste your time there.

I am currently talking with www.rioapartments.com, and they are very friendly and appear to have some great apartments. They have luxury ones for $65/night, and they also have some in what they call the 'bachelor' section, that also look quite good.

Question : Has anyone had any experience or is familiar with the following apartment rental websites (Basically looking for 2-3 BR apartment in Copa or Ipanema oceanfront/oceanview):

www.riovacationrentals.com
www.blameitonrio4travel.com
www.rentinrio.com
www.spectralight.net
www.rioapartments.com
www.EZ-RioRentals.com
www.homesinrio.com/welcome~pageId~71.htm
www.telefonema.net/
www.riorenting.com/
www.gringomanagement.com/
www.apartmentsinrio.com/
www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/south-america
www.riorentals4less.com/apartments_hotels.shtml
www.ipanema.com/hotel/a.htm#augustos_copacabana

If so, please let me know your experience (whether good or bad) and whether you got what you paid for, security was good, location was worth it (also if location was convenient to pickup girls) and if you would stay there again. And if you have others that are not mentioned feel free to respond. Thanks !

Latino (in Rio 11/9-11/21)

Amantelondres
09-24-05, 23:49
have stayed at Excelsior a few times....was shagging receptionist! Security is pretty tight and they even have cards in the rooms stating they discourage guests bringing "guests" upstairs! However, the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is I think one of, if not THE, best of all the hotels on Av Atlantica.

RonnyRon
09-25-05, 00:08
I highly recommend www.rioapartments.com. The company is a class act. They have some great studios, which are very nice by American standards.I also recommend John Thompson at www.riorentals4less.com/apartments_hotels.shtml. I have never used Kenn www.EZ-RioRentals.com, but I understand he runs a good operation. I do not recommend www.apartmentsinrio.com
or www.spectralight.net, which is the same guy. Bait and switch.

RonnyRon

Jaimito Cartero
09-25-05, 20:10
Yes, about Barato Ribeiro. I count it as 4 blocks, but maybe it´s metric mathematics. Yes on the AC in the bedroom, though I only used it one night. I has very effective fans, cable tv in the living room, but not on the bedroom TV.

Electricity/utilities are included. It has a safe as well. Again, I´ve stayed all around the world, and find that if you search a little you can save a lot of money. I travel/monger 4 months a year, so I´ve got to watch the costs or I´ll have to work more. (A horrible thought)

I compare it to the guys who pay the gdp their asking price. Sure, they´ll like you alot, but you´re pissing away alot of money.

I tend to mix it up, and have a little bit of luxury, and then take it easy for awhile. So in SP I stayed at the Hilton for the first day on one of the exec floors, then went to the Mercure Jardins for my last day there, and then to my apartment here for the rest of the month.

I´ll spend a little over $2000 for a month here, everything included (Airfare, etc). I did use 35K frequent flyer miles for the main flight, and just paid the Gol flight from SP to RJ.

Jaimito Cartero... that looks like an OK apartment... Better then I thought it would be. It says 3 blocks from the beach so I am guessing near Barato Ribeiro .. Are you also paying the elect. bill? Does it have A/C??

I'll have to look and see if I ever took any photos of some of the places I have stayed in... I'm sure I have some..
But the rates won't make any sense for this conversation unless I can remember what the dollar was when I stayed there.. During the past 6 years in Rio the rates have gone from .1-8r to 4.01r. the dollar. So if I paid 1300.reais for an apt. when the rate was 3.5 then its only $371US for the month.. and at 3 it’s $433US. But at 1.85 its $700US.
I have usually stayed in Copacabana but not near ground zero. I usually stay on Cinco de Julio, Pompeu Louereiro or Tomelero further from the beach than you are now… a few times I stayed in the Real residence just before the tunnel to Botofogo. But no more since my brother-in-law sold his place there….

Jaimito Cartero
09-25-05, 20:16
I have a question regarding where one would exchange money if staying in an apartment? During my two eariler visits to Rio, I stayed in hotels where they exchanged the money right there. I was also wondering about laundry service. Any information would be great. I will be in Rio from Oct. 21st until 27th. I will give a post when I return.

Thanks guys.

Well there are a lot of cambios around. Many travel agencies have them inside too.

The US$ has been going down lately, I only got $2.30R=$1US yesterday. My lowest yet.

Best exchange rates are at Help Disco. If you´re going anyway, bring a $100US bill. Last weekend they were giving $2.43R=$1US. It may be lower now.

Hotels often give bad rates. I often ask at different businesses that I go to, and generally they tell me 2.2-2.3.

Mokai16
10-05-05, 04:52
How much higher are hotel rates for the new year period?

Trippleecks
10-05-05, 13:29
Hotel Rates could actually Tripple for New Years. Just e-mail a few and ask..

Ulrico
10-05-05, 15:01
have stayed at Excelsior a few times....was shagging receptionist! Security is pretty tight and they even have cards in the rooms stating they discourage guests bringing "guests" upstairs! However, the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is I think one of, if not THE, best of all the hotels on Av Atlantica.End of November I will stay for two or three nights in Rio. Therefore it makes no sense to rent an apartment.

Coming back to the tread of this section I would highly appreciate some recommendations for a four or three star, girl friendly hotel on a good location.

Thanks guys!

Bronze Aussie
10-08-05, 19:25
Back in RJ and Sampa again for a Business/Pleasure trip and appreciate any local advice on the following. Have been to Brasil several times for business but never before spending the weekend.

Questions:

JW Marriott = Is this still girl friendly?

HELP = Is this a bust on weekends in November. If so, can you recommend a better place.

Meli Mello (spelling?) = Can anyone fill me in on this place.

Certaurus vs the Rest - Preferences and reasons why?

Sprite13
10-09-05, 08:35
I'll be in Rio next weekend and I'm about to book at the Colinas Residenca in Ipanema, is this hotel girl-friendly?

Brazil Lover
10-10-05, 23:35
[QUOTE=Bronze Aussie]HELP = Is this a bust on weekends in November. If so, can you recommend a better place.[QUOTE]I can answer this one: Help is very good in November, as is all of Brazil, as I was there 2 years ago. Not too many tourists around yet, but plenty of girls. Mea Pataca is active during the daytime as well, and the cafe in front of help is very busy with women walking around in the evenings.

Sprite13
10-11-05, 03:43
I will not be staying the Colinas Residencas. I'm looking at a few other options and I'd like to know if these are girlfriendly or not? If yes, how much they charge for "guests"? And has anyone stayed in these hotels?

* Trocadero Othon Travel, Avenida Atlantica, Copa
* Center Hotel, Avenida Rio Branco, 33, Centro
* Hotel Regina, Rua Ferreira Viana, 29, Centro
* Arpoador Inn, Rua Francisco Otaviano,177, Ipanema,

I'll be in Rio for this coming weekend and if anyone's in town and would like to show me around on my first trip to Rio, that'd be cool. On a side note, I do speak portuguese.

Valeu!:)

Trippleecks
10-11-05, 13:26
Hi....
* Trocadero Othon Travel, Avenida Atlantica, Copa .... I would be very suspicious of any Hotel in Rio with OTHON in it's name....

* Center Hotel, Avenida Rio Branco, 33, Centro... Centro, why Centro??
* Hotel Regina, Rua Ferreira Viana, 29, Centro... Centro, why Centro??

* Arpoador Inn, Rua Francisco Otaviano,177, Ipanema.... not as cheap as it once was and if your room faces the street the traffic noise is a problem...

Try looking into apartments as an alternative.........

Rio Bob
10-12-05, 00:13
Back in RJ and Sampa again for a Business/Pleasure trip and appreciate any local advice on the following. Have been to Brasil several times for business but never before spending the weekend.

Questions:

JW Marriott = Is this still girl friendly?

HELP = Is this a bust on weekends in November. If so, can you recommend a better place.

Meli Mello (spelling?) = Can anyone fill me in on this place.

Certaurus vs the Rest - Preferences and reasons why?

The last time I was in the Marriott there were hookers at the bar, so it looked girl friendly.

If you are into the type of scence of Help then the weekends are the best.

Gatorman
10-12-05, 01:11
I stayed at the Trocadero Othon in January of this year. They allowed me to register my girlfriend as a second person in the room. I think the extra cost was about 25 dollars per day. However, they would not allow me to bring other girls to the room after my girlfriend was already registered. Only my girlfriend was allowed. It was an okay place to stay otherwise. I could often see hookers from the window of my room working it along Avenida Atlantica.

LoveVegas
10-12-05, 23:42
Can some one give me some hotels and links to places on the beach?

I guess where help is or the copa beach. Everything I'm finding is over 125 a night. And has to be no fee for the chicks.

Thanks so much to save me a ton of time here.

Big Dick
11-04-05, 05:10
[QUOTE=Bronze Aussie]...

HELP = Is this a bust on weekends in November. If so, can you recommend a better place.[QUOTE]

Last Tuesday the ratio of women vs. men in Help was the best I've seen in last six months. I think I'm not exaggerating if I say there were at least 4-5 girls for every man. Wednesday was a local holiday, so Tuesday must have been like some kind of Friday? Actually I was assuming that there would have been only a few girls, because Wednesday is the day to celebrate with you family members (the dead ones), who typically reside outside of Rio.

Based on my observations Help has always at least some 100+ chicks to choose from, no matter what day or what time of the year it is. Only the number of men varies. ;-) I've never really paid attention whether it's weekend or a working day. There are enough of them always, don't worry.

Track Star
11-10-05, 20:34
I stayed here in September of last year.

That is not a chica friendly hotel.

Forget it

Track Star

Butch145
11-14-05, 01:19
Has anyone ever stayed here and how difficult was it to bring a girl back to the room?

Besides the hotel, how about apartment in that general area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amerioca
11-15-05, 02:50
The last time I was in the Marriott there were hookers at the bar, so it looked girl friendly.

If you are into the type of scence of Help then the weekends are the best.

During my residence in Rio, I frequented the Marriot bar on the second floor during football season. It was not uncommon for two or three garotas to be seen at the bar. Six, seven, and eights I saw.

Yes, I agree with Rio Bob. Weekends are best at Help. Scope out the open area near the phone booths before seating yourself in "the pit." Found a couple of shy amateurs during my hunting days. They were real gems too! Cheers!

Lorenzo
11-15-05, 06:56
Butch145,

Yes, I have stayed at the Sheraton. IMHO, it's the best hotel in Rio, all things considered, especially when you factor in price and quality. Yes, you can bring a girl back to your room if you're reasonably discreet, use a little common sense, and--most importantly--she doesn't look like an obvious ho. Best bet is to do it in the daytime, have her dress well, and, if you must do it at night, have her meet you in the bar or restaurant and go to your room from there. Remember, hotel personnel are there to be outwitted!

Lorenzo

Prosal
11-15-05, 16:00
It's a new option of the Parthenon chain, which was inaugurated last year. I used to stay in the Parthenon Queen Elisabeth when in Rio but I find the Botafogo branch better. The area is really pleasant, apartments are bright, with balcony, and some of them have nice views on the Christo. Recommanded, and girl-friendly of course.

I heard that a new branch will open in Jardim Botanico soon.

Pro

Big Dick
11-19-05, 04:30
Has anyone ever stayed here and how difficult was it to bring a girl back to the room?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I've shared this info on an other forum, but let's repeat it all the same: You should always book the room in Sheraton for two people, even though you plan to stay there "alone". At least via Internet the price tends to be the same, it's a per room charge. Then you can bring your lady into the room without any nasty "visitor" charges, no matter what time of day it is. If somebody complains, you just check the girl in before the fuck, and thereafter check her out. In the night the girls always need to register at the front desk.

It is officially not possible to bring two chicks at the same time into the room, no matter how many visitor fees you would be willing to pay (unless you really pay for a second room).

But during day time it's easy for you to walk in with several girls, one at a time, without raising the attention of anybody. Nice looking chicks can also walk in alone.

So if you want to organize a group sex session, bring the girls in during day time, or early evening.

The visitor fee is 30 USD, if I remember right, so it's quite a substantial cost, if you like to fuck many girls and if you are not wise enough to do like I said: Make sure your booking is valid for TWO people!

Big Dick

Amerioca
11-21-05, 10:51

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is in front of Vidigal favella. When Rocinha or Vidigal factions go at it with the Policia Militar or between themselves, the PM or PF will shut that road down. However, at times, they will let guests of the hotel go through their blockade(w/armed police escort).

The Commando Vermelho dono(owner or boss) of Rocinha was at it with the police last year. I was on my way to VIPS in a taxi. Stopped at blockade. I told the taxista to tell the PFs he had a gringo, and I was staying at the Sheraton. No go. BTW...I was surprised the Policia Federal were manning that checkpoint. It was serious enough for them to come out.

The most recent dono of Rocinha was taken out last week by the PMs. I will gaurantee retaliation by his faction OR a take-over by another. In either case, the area and/or areas will be hot.

The Copacabana Palace Hotel is second to none. Of course, you will spend a few more duckets than the Sheraton. It's location in Copacabana is a big plus, where the action is...good hunting.

Sperto
11-21-05, 12:43
The Copacabana Palace Hotel is second to none. Of course, you will spend a few more duckets than the Sheraton. It's location in Copacabana is a big plus, where the action is...good hunting.
About the location. Personally, I don't fancy the crowd that hangs out in the kiosks and on the beach in front of Copacabana Palace Hotel. Watch your ass.

Amerioca
11-21-05, 13:18
About the location. Personally, I don't fancy the crowd that hangs out in the kiosks and on the beach in front of Copacabana Palace Hotel. Watch your ass.

What kind of crowd in particular hangs out in front of the CP? If bandidos and/or ladrones, they can be found on any stretch of that beach, at any kiosk, and in front of any hotel...which is normal. They are no different from the one's surrounding Help every night. Certo cara, must be careful in Rio at all times. Valeu.

Sperto
11-21-05, 13:38
What kind of crowd in particular hangs out in front of the CP? If bandidos and/or ladrones, they can be found on any stretch of that beach, at any kiosk, and in front of any hotel...which is normal. They are no different from the one's surrounding Help every night. Certo cara, must be careful in Rio at all times. Valeu.
I don't mind the ladrões. The area in front of Copacabana Palace Hotel is infamous for being a meeting point for the gay community.

Bubba Boy
11-21-05, 15:05
Only problem is this hotel is not very guest friendly. 2+ years I stayed there and took 1 guest back, very normal looking girl and they did not even ask her for ID. About 1 year ago a friend of mine took a girl there and he had a very hard time getting her in, eventually called the manager and the only way he could get her in was by checking her into the suite - IE she is now officially sharing the suite with him and can basically enter the hotel when ever she likes if he is there or not. My point is don't count on getting guests into this hotel.

Aardvark
11-23-05, 22:05
I am staying at the JW Marriott in Copacabana. They are very definitely girl friendly. On my way out in the evening I spotted two girls in the lobby that looked like working girls and later saw them both working at Barbarella. The hotel makes the girls sign in and they make a photocopy of their ID card.

K Boogie
11-26-05, 05:14
Does ANYONE have any insight or know of any Girl Friendly Hotels on Copocabana Beach? If so please post up a list or recommendation from your experiences or what not. I would like to reside near all the action & avoid gettin F'd with by the police or gettin mugged.

Brazil Lover
11-26-05, 19:52
Both the RioRoiss and the Arpoador Inn are girl friendly as of 1 week ago. RioRoiss is a good hotel with a great location. I highly recommend it.

Big Boss Man
11-30-05, 15:07
I stayed five nights at the Parthenon Aproador. The hotel is new. The room is a flat with kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. There is no view. The place is quiet from street noise however I had the misfortune of being in the room next to a gay guy who got into a cat fight with his lover two or three times that I heard. "I do all these things for you and you do not respect me." They would go on for 30 minutes to an hour at a time. Jesus!

My average cost was $140 a night including room, breakfast, laundry, in-room safe and ethernet. In fact, take your laundry out unless your employer is paying. It is an Accor Hotel and they are using the same laundry service as the Sofitel down the street. Expensive.

The hotel is not girl-friendly in the board-sense as they charge 50 reals for a visitor. In fact I has pre-registered as a double. The receptionist recommended that I register as single and pay as I go. It turned out to be a good decision since I spent most of my time in the termas.

Not recommended if you're going to run many garotas through (get an apartment) but it was nice quiet secure business man's hotel.

Amerioca
12-01-05, 00:10
I am staying at the JW Marriott in Copacabana. They are very definitely girl friendly. On my way out in the evening I spotted two girls in the lobby that looked like working girls and later saw them both working at Barbarella. The hotel makes the girls sign in and they make a photocopy of their ID card.

At night, there should be several at the bar on the second floor.

Hojo
12-04-05, 17:28
I took Big Dicks advice and checked into the Sheraton Rio Hotel & Towers and booked a double occupancy room on the internet.

The Sheraton was definitely girl friendly. However there seemed to be a miscommunication between the night staff and the day staff. The night staff kept trying to charge me $20 to bring up a girl and the day Manager kept taking off the charge. Make sure you talk to the day manager at least once if this happens. When I checked out, no charges were to be seen for taking up a girl. If the girl comes up to see you, sometimes a reception guy will walk her to your room so you can sign the girls visitor papers. I should have tipped this guy, but I didn’t.

If you are going to reserve a Deluxe Room, take a look at the Junior Suite. It’s only $5 USD more. The Suite is much bigger with a sitting area but the view is of the side view of the beach. I think the Deluxe Room faces the pool and the beach side. Personally I like a bigger room for longer stays.

Also, if you call the hotel directly you can negotiate the price a little and even get them to throw in a breakfast buffet for two every morning. This wasn't offered on the Sheraton website. The Breakfast is worth $50R per seat. I was able to extend my stay and pay $20 USD less than my Internet reservation. Just remember there is a 15% tax on everything you charge to your room.

One more plus to the Sheraton: On my way back to the hotel from HELP, my taxi was stopped by a police roadblock 20 meters away from the Sheraton Entrance. They asked the driver, my girlfriend, and I to step out of the car. One police officer asked if I had drugs, and I said no. When they asked my girlfriend where we were going, she said the Sheraton. The police man “immediately” let us goes after that.

Taxi cost:
Sheraton to Therma Loumono: $15R to $20R depending on traffic.
Sheraton to Therma Monte Carlo: $13R to $15R depending on traffic.
Sheraton to HELP: $12R $13R, both ways, make sure they use the meter.
Sheraton to International Airport (taxi with meter): $50R
The Sheraton car service is the same price if you negotiate, however
I took the taxi just to see how much it would be.
International Airport to Sheraton: $20 USD, I waited for a taxi dropping off people
on the departure level and offered the guy 20 buck. He said OK.

A note on getting a taxi at the Sheraton. Wait for a taxi bringing people to the hotel and take that one. Don’t walk to the taxis parked on the main road because, they will charge you a large flat rate. The same goes with the hotel cars. They will try to charge you $30R to go to help. Make sure your girl knows this as well or she'll be hesitant to visit you again if she thinks she will be paying a $30R taxi fare.

In conclusion, I have nothing but good things to say about the Sheraton Staff. They were the most professional and friendly staff I have dealt with, even though they knew what I was up to.

pop till you drop,
hojo

Lonzof
12-04-05, 21:11
i highly recommend www.rioapartments.com. the company is a class act. they have some great studios, which are very nice by american standards.i also recommend john thompson at www.riorentals4less.com/apartments_hotels.shtml. i have never used kenn www.ez-riorentals.com, but i understand he runs a good operation. i do not recommend www.apartmentsinrio.com
or www.spectralight.net, which is the same guy. bait and switch.

ronnyronhey ron,

took your advise and stayed in copa with rioapartments.com. the studio apartment had marble floors, hi-speed internet, dvd, cd, capble tv, and was extremely clean. the room did not have an iron so i called them up and it was delivered to me. rioapartment.com is a good group to deal with.

i'm planning on returning to rio in march but wanted something closer to the leme side with hi-speed internet which seems impossibe to get.

hi-speed internet is important to me because it allows me to have voip phone service. i use lingo.com and they supply me with a brazilian phone number. i chose a sao paulo number in order to keep rio hiden from the wife. voip service allows me to call the wife without her knowledge of where i really am and it allows her to call me thinking i'm somewhere else in a hotel.

if someone has a better phone disguise, please hit me up and let me know. i don't like caring a lan line phone and the lingo adapter box with me while i'm traveling. i do have a world phone but have not figured out how to use it without her knowning that it is a cellphone and not a hotel phone.

later.

Skisandy
12-05-05, 22:41
"Only registered guests are allowed to enter the rooms" said my confirmation E-mail for a January 2006 reservation.

Claudia, the reservation manager, refuses to answer my question whether there is a new policy in effect or not.

Ricardo, the recetionist, who speaks very good English, tells me to confirm any policy changes with Claudia.

Seems to be impossible to get a straight anwswer - I am thinking of booking somewhere else. Does anyone else know anything about this?

I liked the place very much, having stayed there several times in the past, it's kind of sad to have to move on.

Euro100
12-06-05, 01:16
@lonzof, Skisandy

Hotel Luxor Continental - about $100/night
Girl-friendly !!! (you pay an extra 30 reais per girl, but then you can take them to the really nice greakfast buffet, too)

Easy walk to Prince Isabel boites, if this is what you are into.

You need to ask for Internet access when making the reservation, because not all rooms have it. Wireless access in the foyer. (By the way, the Internet access is not free, but the charges are not too unreasonable.)

euro

Marc25
12-06-05, 03:58
Anyone got any ideas on how to get a better rate at the jw in rio, corporate, special cards, I have to go direct but would be happy to buy a membership card ,,,looking for any mongers going in january or feb

Trippleecks
12-06-05, 11:01
i rented an ocean front studio apartment in leme near the meridian hotel, with high speed internet from www.ez-riorentals.com

Truant
12-12-05, 19:26
Parthenon Botafogo flats was offering a TWO BEDROOM flat on a recent Saturday night for R$204.00. 2266-9200-- Rua Sorocaba 305--just thru the tunnel behind Luomos so not really far from Copa. This is a newer hotel that was very guest friendly and LARGE. With kitchen, two bathrooms,(two showers for those that don't like sharing with the garota), two TVs. One room had a king bed the other room had two twin beds. Breakfast not included. Mini bar waters were only R$2.00. Not a tourist trap. Just a bargain if you can handle not being at the beach. Will repeat.

Truant

Shemp
12-14-05, 06:58
Skisandy,

I too received that confirmation e-mail mentioning no unregistered guests in the rooms at IP towers before my trips to rio this year but I never had a problem-either with girls I brough back personally or with escorts who came in on their own. I know a bunch of gringos who had plenty of female guests over the thanksgiving holiday-no problem. They have 2 policies-their official one & their real one.

Shemp

Skisandy
12-15-05, 21:45
Thank you all for your input. Surely this is not the only place where official/unofficial policy don't match. Probably will give it a try again, especially since there is no pre-payment policy there for a reservation. If there is trouble, one can move out with no notice and no loss of $$.

Garotoz
12-16-05, 22:58
for the last few years i have stayed at the priaia lido in lido on av ns copacabana. totally guest friendly and very reasonable at r$120 per night. also the rooms are quiet so when you want to sleep you can. breakfast is included (you and your guest) and they have high speed internet as well.

the reception personnel all speak english, and they have very good security. i like it better than renting flats unless i am going to be in rio for a prolonged time. they also have a web site as well.

garotoz

Lucky Chuck
12-18-05, 01:33
For you Rio experts - do you know of a good hotel near the American Consulate which charges a rate of less then $100/night? Guest friendliness is not an issue since I will be there with my fiancee who will be a registered guest? What kind of amenities do they have? We will be staying there about a week in late January.

Thanks,

Lucky Chuck

Ezinho
12-25-05, 18:30
For you Rio experts - do you know of a good hotel near the American Consulate which charges a rate of less then $100/night? Guest friendliness is not an issue since I will be there with my fiancee who will be a registered guest? What kind of amenities do they have? We will be staying there about a week in late January.

Thanks,

Lucky Chuck

I went to meet the Consul General once earlier this year to see if I could land a job with the Consulate there in Rio, so maybe I can help. I'm not sure how close you want to be to the Consulate, but there is an Othon hotel (called the Othon Aeroporto I think) that is just a few blocks from the Consulate, and right near the domestic airport. I've never been inside the hotel so I can't say for sure how it is, but I'm assuming it caters to Brasilian businessmen, so it should be fine.

Another option is the Hotel Gloria, which is just as good as any upscale hotel in Copa or Ipanema IMHO, but cheaper. It is right near the Gloria metro stop, so you can take the metro from there to the Cinelandia metro stop, which is only one stop away. From there it's a 5 minute walk to the Consulate. You could also walk from the hotel to the Consulate, but it probably would be about a 25 minute walk or so. Fine in the daytime, but I wouldn't do it at night. Both hotels are, of course, under $100 (as are almost all hotels in Centro). Hope this helps.

Sunset Strip
12-27-05, 19:57
How is the California Othon Classic for quality? I have a good rate for Ja. and am thinking about staying there since apartments are higher this season anyway. Plus, I am not planning on bringing too many, of any girls back to my room. I have just had too many problems with girls in Rio lately.

I am not worried about the Hotel being girl-friendly because I know that is a relative term. If I meet one girl I want to spend lots of time with I will work things out with hotel management I am sure.

But I do not want to stay in a rundown place.

Thanks.
TJ

Victor01
12-30-05, 00:00
Has anyone stayed at Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza. It is located close to Porcao and Mario's. Is this hotel girl friendly! Please post any experience.

Thanks,

Victor01

Shemp
01-01-06, 07:44
TJ fannatic,

My first trio to rio I stayed a the cal. othon for 3 days because I wanted a hotel with a balcony overlooking copa beach. I regretted it for 2 reasons

1) the place is definitely not girl-friendly. The sign at the desk says "say no to sexual tourism" . I could not get a girl in via bribery, sneakery or an offer to pay a guest fee.

2) if the dictionary had the term run-down in it, there would be a picture of a room from the hotel. Everything worked, but the furniture, linens, fixtures all seemed many years old & everything was cracked, chipped, ripped, etc.

And the breakfast was terrible also-I would not stay there again no matter what the price.

Project
01-02-06, 01:52
Can anyone confirm that the Rio Rioss hotel and Aproador Inn Hotel are girl friendly. That is, there is no extra charge to bring garotas into your room...one at a time of course. Do you have to book the room as a double occupancy before hand..? Your help in clarifying this is appreciated.

Thanks

Lancer520
01-13-06, 07:36
I was wondering if there were mongers heading down to Rio the end of next week. It is not only my first trip to Rio, but also my first solo mongering trip. I'm a frequent flyer to the Pink Palace in San Jose CR but I'm looking for a change and I have the FF miles to go for free. First of all if anyone wants to meet up for drinks definitely PM me. I'm 31 years old, not unattractive, and like to party. I'm hoping I can find some Rio experienced mongers to show me the sights of Rio(I'll buy the drinks!!) This is my last mongering trip for the next year as I just took a new job Feb.1st and I don't get vacation for the 1st year so I'm going all out. Also I'm looking for a hotel somewhere by the beach in the center of the action that is reasonably priced. Most of all they must be girl friendly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll be in town from Jan. 20th to 29th.

Thanks

WoodYi
01-19-06, 04:55
Can anyone recommend a fairly good hotel with a good beach view? I don't mind paying a little extra and girl friendly is not necssary.

I generaly stay at Atlanico Copa but for my next trip I'd like to stay on the beach , for at least a couple of days anyway.

Thanks

Bambino
01-23-06, 00:21
The Rio Roiss charges extra unless you book a double room. At least that was the policy as of march 05.

Bambino
01-23-06, 00:24
I stayed there 5 mos. ago and was there for all the renovations. Lots of noise, no pool, etc. I had negotiated a rate of 255BRL per night for an ocean viev and king bed.

They will now only go as low as 310BRL. Anybody know of a better deal in Ipanema?

Exec Talent
01-24-06, 17:28
Thanks to a post by a fellow member RonnyRon, this visit I got a great apartment from www.copaapartments.com. Fair prices, great service and if you contact the owner, Dieine, and mention that ET referred you, they will even pick you up at the airport for free.

Dieine has been very generous with her time and in helping me to understand the real Rio. She has a lot of Brazilian friends everywhere so you get a totally different perspective from that offered by the Gringos who live here.

Prosal
01-24-06, 17:48
http://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/

It seems they have a large choice of apartments, mainly in Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon.

Pro

Cunnilinguist
01-24-06, 21:03
http://www.aluguetemporada.com.br/

It seems they have a large choice of apartments, mainly in Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon.

ProThis is a great link, thanks Pro.

This is how all apartment websites should be.

Thanks,

The CunningLinguist

Junior
01-30-06, 17:21
Does anyone know whether Sofitel or Meridien are girlfriendly?

Cheers, Junior

Lorenzo
01-30-06, 18:52
Does anyone know whether Sofitel or Meridien are girlfriendly?

Cheers, Junior
Junior,

Regarding Meridien, check out one of my previous posts: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=382455&postcount=528

As far as Sofitel, I don't know.

Lorenzo

WoodYi
01-31-06, 02:33
Any info on this Hotel?

Is it near to Help? and girl friendly (I doubt it)?

I have an opportnity to stay there at a decent price.

Thanks!!

Dougief123
01-31-06, 03:01
Does anyone know anything about the Martinique Copa Hotel?

Is it visitor friendly?

Good location?

The reviews I've read on tripadvisor.com are amazing...and, so is the price at $85 per night. Its also a brand new property having opened less than two years ago.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Lover Boy #2
02-12-06, 07:52
In the past, I have recommended the HOTEL ATLÂNTICO COPACABANA as a good place, at a decent price...that is girl friendly. A friend tells me that they are now charging R200 per night for a single, regardless of the amount of stay (he was tring for 7 days).

I think that based on the location, quality and the size of the room, they have priced themselves out of the market....maybe Brasil is genaerally going in this direction....as it did in 1994?

There are still remaining better venues however.

Lover Boy #2
02-12-06, 08:03
"for the last few years i have stayed at the priaia lido in lido on av ns copacabana. totally guest friendly and very reasonable at r$120 per night. also the rooms are quiet so when you want to sleep you can. breakfast is included (you and your guest) and they have high speed internet as well".

now $70 us is the quote. this is not for carnival. prices are on the way up.......

Junior
02-13-06, 07:02
Does anyone know a girl-frienly high-end hotel?
In addition to treating myself to the beautiful women of Rio I would also like to treat myself to a nice hotel on my upcoming trip. But I do not want to give up having overnight guests every night.

Junior

Lorenzo
02-13-06, 07:31
Does anyone know a girl-frienly high-end hotel?
In addition to treating myself to the beautiful women of Rio I would also like to treat myself to a nice hotel on my upcoming trip. But I do not want to give up having overnight guests every night.

Junior
It depends on what you mean by high end. You could probably get a better answer if you asked about specific hotels. I have written on this subject many times before, so here I go again.

By my reckoning, the top of the line hotels in Rio are the Copacabana Palace, Caesar Park, Sheraton, Meridien, maybe the Pestana. I've never stayed at Copa Palace or Pestana, so I can't speak from personal experience. However, I have stayed at the other three and gotten girls into all of them. Sheraton is the easiest, and IMHO the best hotel in Rio, but a lot of mongers don't like it because it is beyond Leblon and some distance from the action. Meridien is the hardest, and probably impossible at night. Caesar Park was easy also.

However, it all depends on how you do it, so I would observe the following rules and you should be okay: 1) First and foremost, the girl must not look like a prostitute. If she looks slutty, she won't get past the front entrance, much less to the elevator. So have your girl dress casual chic, like she's a professional woman meeting someone for a drink. 2) Do it in the daytime. I know this is counter to what most mongers want to do, but it makes achieving your objective 99% easier. She can still stay through the night, if that's what you want. 3) Don't go directly to your room. First go to a bar or restaurant in the hotel, or at least pretend to, on another level than the lobby. That way, if someone stops you, just say you are going to have a drink or to eat. Then whether you actually do this or not, go directly to your room from there. At the Sheraton, this is simplicity itself, because they have so many restaurants at so many levels. 4) You will call less attention to yourself if you and the girl don't arrive at the hotel together, especially if you have been there a few days and the staff has gotten to know you. Better have her arrive in a taxi herself and meet you at the bar. All the girls I've done this with were termas girls that I made arrangements to meet outside, so I knew what the girl looked like and I told her how to dress. I emphasize again, casual chic. Jeans are okay; halter top with boobs hanging out, definitely not.

The key thing to remember is that 99.9% of the guests in these hotels are non-mongers. Most are business people, and a lot of families stay there. So, absolutely the last thing they want is girls who look like hookers coming in there. After all, they have a reputation to maintain. Hope this helps.

Lorenzo

Lonzof
02-17-06, 20:45
This thread should have been named apartments. Can some of you pros have stayed in various apartments post the pics and advise of the quality of service received from the person from whom you've rented.

Example: In November in stayed in an apartment on Nossa Senhora. The organization I used was www.rioapartments.com. Great service, excellent accomodations. The studio apartment had marble floors, cd/dvd, ac, hs internet, 24 hour security, electronic safe and lastly a KING SIZE BED.

Here's a link to the apartment in which I stayed. Price = $70 per night

http://www.rioapartments.com/luxury-studio/FrameSet.htm

Does anyone have any experiences with www.apartmentsrio.com. This is some guy name Johnny from CA who I believe now lives in Rio. At one time he was working with his Brazilian fiance but they are no longer together.

Can this guy be trusted? Seem to have some very nice apartments.

Peace out mongers.

Exec Talent
02-18-06, 19:26
I have used both Kenn at www.ez-riorentals.com and Dieine at www.copaapartments.com. Kenn is an American living in Rio. I can recommend him highly. Any problems I had (which were minor) were resolved promptly. The apartments he rents are clean and even the studio I rented had everything I needed. Internet access was great.

I can say all the same for Dieine (pronounced Janey). One thing I really like about her is, being a Brazilian woman; she can offer a lot of insight into what is actually going on. Also, she has given me some great recommendations on where to go and what to see which have enhanced my Rio experience. I told her about this site (which is where I learned about her agency) and she is interested in renting to members here because she has had good experiences in the past. That is why she told me to tell you guys if you mention that ET sent you, she will arrange your transportation from the airport for free.

RonnyRon
02-18-06, 21:52
I concur with ET. Dieine is great and you can also let her know RonnyRon recommended her service. I have also used www.rioapartments.com and their service is very good. Personally I prefer Dieine because I like her as a person.

RR

Elvis
02-22-06, 01:02
After reading a positive review from the **** and ISG about rioapartments, I decided to get in contact with them, explaining that I wanted a 2 bedroom apartment in Copa, close to Help :)

Anyway, I secured the apartment w/a deposit thru paypal on the Feb 15th and I just got an email now on Feb. 21st stating (read below). I already requested a refund ! I'm not mad, but quite dissappointed that they are not organized (but my correct assumption would be that they prefer the person renting for a month, than me) Oh well, I already got in contact with Rio Rentals 4 Less..

Dear Elvis,

As my colleague ....... said we had a client for this apartment from April to May. (I was told that another person was interested in the location but hasn't confirmed) And this client had already paid before you for this apartment. We find his deposit today.

In this case unfortunately this apartment will not be available for you in these dates.We still have this apartment available for this period: www.rioapartments.com/peter-3\FrameSet.htm

Please inform us if you want to change for this apartment or want your money back. We can deny your Paypal payment.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Amerioca
02-23-06, 10:10
After reading a positive review from the **** and ISG about rioapartments, I decided to get in contact with them, explaining that I wanted a 2 bedroom apartment in Copa, close to Help :)

Anyway, I secured the apartment w/a deposit thru paypal on the Feb 15th and I just got an email now on Feb. 21st stating (read below). I already requested a refund ! I'm not mad, but quite dissappointed that they are not organized (but my correct assumption would be that they prefer the person renting for a month, than me) Oh well, I already got in contact with Rio Rentals 4 Less..

Dear Elvis,

As my colleague ....... said we had a client for this apartment from April to May. (I was told that another person was interested in the location but hasn't confirmed) And this client had already paid before you for this apartment. We find his deposit today.

In this case unfortunately this apartment will not be available for you in these dates.We still have this apartment available for this period: www.rioapartments.com/peter-3\FrameSet.htm

Please inform us if you want to change for this apartment or want your money back. We can deny your Paypal payment.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

It means they rented the apartment to the highest bidder. Valeu.

Rio Video
02-25-06, 06:44
Going to Rio on Sept 1st to 9th on a red eye on AA. Renting a 5 bdrm penthouse on Ipanema beach with a private rooftop patio pool. There are 9 guys on this trip and we booked it through an agency that specializes in “VIP entrances” at all the hottest nightclubs that the Brazilians go to..not the tourist areas. Included in this package is a wingman that is going to bring all the hot chicks to our table filled with Absolute.
This also includes transportation to/from the airport all for $1499pp.

Check out a couple of deals with some agencies out there 5 gatas R$600 for 2 hours divided by 5 guys might as well get two ...huh...

What do you guys think? Anymore suggestions?

Pounddog
02-25-06, 17:14
I and two buddies just got back from 3 days in Rio/7 days in Salvador. I used Gringomanagement for rentals in both Rio and Salvador. I have nothing but
great things to say about David at www.gringomanagment.com.

David was excellent at responding quickly and honestly to any questions. The price was excellent. There was no complications at all about bringing back female friends, only needing to register them with the fron security desk in the apt. building.

The 3BR apartment in Rio was ocean view on Ave. Atlantica in Copa about 3 blocks from Help. Very clean, 9th floor apartment with 3 BR's with AWESOME view. The pricing was very reasonable, much more so than any hotel rentals.

We did two 2BD apartments in Salvador. These units were 1 block from the beach in Barra and fairly clean, but did not meet the same standard that we had set in Rio. Still, a fine and serviceable apartment in a very good location in Salvador.

Again, thank you David. I will definitely use gringomanagement again for my next trip down.

RonnyRon
02-25-06, 21:05
A few questions. Have you been to Rio before? Do you speak Portuguese? Is your airfare included in the deal? If you answer No to these questions, IMHO you are paying way too much. Ipanema is a very nice neighborhood, which is family oriented. Sounds like you guys are striving for a (Frat) party setup, which is something your neighbors in Ipanema won't like. You are going during the low season (forget the fact it's not even summer yet in Rio), meaning you should pay less not more and what good is a pool if there is no SUN?

Your could read this forum and find all the hottest clubs, but if you don't speak Portuguese, what good is going? You won't be going out in Limos (no one needs that kind of attention in Rio). 9 guys for 8 day at a cost of $13,500.00 is overpaying, BIG time. You could rent two 4 bedroom apartments for say $200.00 a night and only be out $3,200.00, which is still high if you ask me. A least then only 1 guy would be sleeping on the couch bed. My 2 cents.

RonnyRon

Dick Hertz
03-15-06, 05:15
I will be in Rio late april and was trying to deside on an apartment or hotel? My major concern is safety so cn anyone tell me what will be the best option. I know the apartmets have security at the gates but will it be safe to walk to the beach or club from there and a hotel my not be girl freindly. I would love to heard any advice on this and the going rate for the ladies.

Dich Hertz

Fnurgle
03-29-06, 17:53
First time here in Rio, been to Help a couple of times to check it out but really don't want to bring a girl back to the hotel I'm at.

How do the motels work? Do you need to book in advance, or can you just rock up at 2:00AM with your garotta and get a room? I'd probably go to Sinless or Shalimar. Do they need some form of ID to register or is it just cash at the door?

Thanks in advance for any advice for a Rio newbie.

Cachorro
03-30-06, 08:35
Just show up. Busiest times are Friday and Saturday nights, late. But even then they will probably have space for you.

No need for ID, unless they are in doubt about people being over 18 years old.

Fats
05-04-06, 07:58
Hello, does anyone know the policies of this hotel regarding guests? Any other Centro hotels which are girl friendly? Thanks for any help.

Bandy
05-16-06, 16:45
Praia Lido Hotel
Av. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 202 - Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - 22020-000 - Brasil
Tel: (021) 2541-1397 Fax: (021) 2541-1347

http://www.praialidohotel.com.br/localizacao_eng.html

During my last visit in April, 2006, I stayed in this hotel. Garotoz mentioned this hotel in one of his posts earlier, and I found the price quite attractive.

Ok, the hotel in a nut-shell is a kludge. Every room is different, there is no standard room. If you are lucky, you will get a room with all amenities. If your luck runs out, you might end up in a room without any refrigerator also. Having said that, I will definitely stay here again. There are lots of good points about this hotel.

It is ideally located. One block from Balcony Bar and the beach, about two blocks from Barbarella, Franks, La Cicciolina. All the GDP know about this hotel and basically like it. You are well protected against rogue GDPs. They will hold their Ids, will call you when they are leaving and will only release the Ids if you approve. The safe deposit boxes were inside the room earlier, but after too many thefts they move them in the lobby. Its really not a hassle. You have access to your box 24 hours.

The hotel more resembles to Rio Roiss. You hardly will notice it from the street, if not for the flags. A very unassuming lobby, kind of old but well maintained establishment. If you are planning to impress your GDP, this hotel is not for you. But, if mongering is your primary goal and you want to stay in a nice, monger friendly hotel, this one serves the purpose beautifully.

Staffs are great. Pablo and Andres will go out of their way to help you. They both speak English, if that is important to you. Use their limo driver for your travel needs. His wife works in the hotel and he will take you anywhere you want to go. Much cheaper than taxi ( GIG for 40 R). Free breakfast (not great, but not bad either) is up to 12 noon. Very important, if you are sleeping late with a GDP (like me).

I first booked a room for 110 R per day. When I saw the room (one of the bad ones), I flipped. I just came from Sao Paulo, where I was staying in a beautiful hotel. So, it was totally unacceptable for me. I was ready to walk out. Then they mentioned about the suites. Very few available, only 1 in each floor, a total of 6. However, when I saw the suites, I calmed down. I can live here. Suites are very small. But it has lots of amenities. Take a look at their web site. It has a sauna, too. But the rooms give you a feeling of a love motel. Mirrors, mirrors, everywhere. Disco ball, track lights, strobe lights etc. Music stations, TV controls are all part of the bed. All the girls loved it. I could not find any drawers though, I sure could have used some. Storage space is somewhat limited, if you have lots of luggage.

It is off season. So standard suites were 143 R plus 5% tax, which translates roughly 150 R. Not a bad deal. During high season (excluding carnival time), it will cost you 200 R.

Warning: There is a short guy named Tony Montana, who speaks English, hangs around the lobby and try to make money out of ignorant tourists. He basically acts as a monger's guide. He took one of the hotel residents (of course, a newbie) to Balcony bar with a promise of getting girls for him. He ordered wine and other staffs and before this newbie realized anything, he is out 150 R. Avoid this guy at any cost.

Also, during checkout, examine your hotel bill carefully. A new clerk tried to put 10% tax, instead of 5% on my bill. He apologized.

Hope you will find this review helpful.

Bandy

PS: In case it is not clear from the above review, THE HOTEL DOES NOT CHARGE ANY EXTRA MONEY FOR THE GDP YOU BRING. Only one at a time allowed. Make sure, your honey has document, before you bring her to this hotel.

Sunset Strip
05-19-06, 22:47
"Check out a couple of deals with some agencies out there 5 gatas R$600 for 2 hours divided by 5 guys might as well get two ...huh..."

I have been to Rio, as you all know, and I am sure that the agency is not listing group rates.

Also, you paid $1500 for what appears to be 7 full days. You should arrive on Sept.2 and you will leave on the 9th. The flight itself can be had at around $700 and it costs no more than R$60 or $30 from to the airport.

That means you are paying around $700 for the apartment or $100 US per night for a shared bedroom!

Most of the agencies we normally list on this site can get you your own luxury apartment for $100 or even less.

If you can I think you and your buddies should cancel this trip, by tickets from some of the sites we recommend on this website and then each get your own apartments.

You can still get VIP treatment at the clubs anyway. And there are plenty of tourist agencies in Rio that can take you to clubs.

And in the end most girls at those types of clubs are really not there to meet gringos in for only a week.

This is not a putdown post but it seems your agent took advantage of your lack of knowledge about Rio. Trust me, Rio is not really enjoyed when you have somebody leading your hand taking you places. It is best to get there and do it on your own.
Trust me, ALL of us get VIP treatment in Rio anyway because we are RIIIIICH gringos. So why pay some guy who promises you will get what you will get anyway.

I honestly think you should cancel that deal and just do it on your own. And if you want a pool, then perhaps some of your friends should get a hotel room at a fancy hotel, while the rest get apartments. Then you can just visit them at the hotel and they can still use your apartment to screw girls! But in the end paying $100 US a night for a shared bedroom is too much.

TJ

Trippleecks
05-23-06, 14:01
To Rio Video......

Something does not sound right... a 5 bedroom ocean front penthouse for 9 guys for 9 days??? Where will the other 4 guys sleep??? a tour guide and all the rest for $1500.US?

Papa Wahala
06-03-06, 18:01
Just returned from 17 days in Rio and Bahia and wanted to share my thoughts on renting an apartment in Rio.

I contracted the services of Gringo Management for the use of a one BR apt at $45/day for ten days on Rua Miguel Lemos which is just across the street from HELP.

Upon my arrival, I was placed in a different apt from the one I chose on Gringo Management's web site. The apartment was on the second floor and included a decent size fridge, DVD player, cable TV with CNN access. The bathroom was very small and could not accommodate two people at once. I also did not have hot water during the entire time and had to get use to taking cold showers.

Security doorman and cameras monitoring the lobby and elevators provided a secure atmosphere.

Upon my return from Bahia, I was placed in the correct apt which was on the 9th floor and provided a panoramic view of Copacana beach. I preferred this apartment over the one on the second floor but was disappointed that it did not come with DVD player as listed on the web site. I did have hot water this time around but had to contend with street noise, particularly when folks are leaving HELP at 3-5 am.

In sum, there were small challenges but overall I would recommend Gringo Management apts in large measure to the location. I was able to access the beach, Atlantic Ave restaurants, HELP, drug and grocery stores, cambinos and tourist companies within a ten to fifteen minute walk.

For $450, I feel I got a pretty good deal.

PW

Carlos Primeros
07-10-06, 12:55
We had now some quite bad reports about Gringo Management but it is now time to report also positive things.

When I arrived in Rio I called Rio Appartments - if they have a luxury apartment available. (Before I had some e-mail correspondence with them - they had been asking 30 % of the rent as deposit and I did not want to do that).
Anyhow - they said YES and we met at their apartment just behind the Austrian Consulate at NS de Copa. The apartment is exactly as shown on their internet-side in walking distance to all the attractions. Well equipped and clean with 24 hours security.
I paid for the rent - they waved the security-deposit which was also showing me that these people are serious.

If you do not like an appartment but want a grilf-friendly hotel, try Hotel Ibiza Copacabana, it is at Rua Belfort Roxo 250 - very close to MABs and to Balcony. If you book direct they charge you at present time for a single room 160 Real. I think that this is a good price for a good hotel.

Happy mongering

Carlos

Shanghai Noon #2
07-10-06, 15:53
I used to stay at the Hotel Atlantico based on recommendation from my friends. I haven't been to Rio for awhile and was wondering if any fellow mongers have any recent experiences there worth mentioning. I think when I last stayed there 2 years ago it was only about 200$R for a suite/night. The Hotel had great location since it was only 5 minutes walk from Luomo.

Fhm100
07-10-06, 21:45
I did a search for info about this hotel, Olinda Othon, in this forum but couldn't find anything.

Is the Olinda guest friendly? do they charge to bring the guest up?

This 5nights tour includes airfare/hotel for 1,349. With this price, can I expect a good room?

Thanks.

Exec Talent
07-12-06, 04:21
I asked Dieine about deposits and she explained why they are necessary. Apartments generally are owned by Brazilians who offer them through many brokers. When you make a deposit, it takes the apartment off the market when the deposit money is given to the owner. This guarantees the availability of the apartment for you. The deposit later acts as security that you will not damage the apartment and if you do, the money is used to pay for those damages.

The deposit would not be necessary if everyone did what they said they would do. Unfortunately, Dieine has told me of times when she did not get a deposit and had to pay herself when clients did not show up as promised. The owners still expect to be paid. I have known many times in Rio where 3 guys rent an apartment and only one shows up. If there had been no deposit, you can bet that that one guy would be staying in a hotel leaving the apartment rental company with some rent to pay.

Exec Talent
07-12-06, 04:23
All too often on this forum, posters will make statements about things like apartments, air fare, hotels without giving any specifics like a company or even better yet a web site.

If your intent is to share information and help fellow posters, then please provide details which would allow us to duplicate your experience. For example, just below Fhm100 asks for some information and is specific about an air fare hotel deal but does not say where he got it.

Fhm100
07-12-06, 15:54
All too often on this forum, posters will make statements about things like apartments, air fare, hotels without giving any specifics like a company or even better yet a web site.

If your intent is to share information and help fellow posters, then please provide details which would allow us to duplicate your experience. For example, just below Fhm100 asks for some information and is specific about an air fare hotel deal but does not say where he got it.My bad. The package air/hotel, I got it from www.traveland.com. You can even chat w/ them to ask any question right there on the website.

I haven't booked this package yet. I'm trying to do this on my own to see if I can save some $. However, there are so many things that I have to read about apt/hotel, especially the apt. It's been overwhelming

Somebody reviews the Rio Roiss, no guest charge only with double. So I sent them an email, here is what I got back. I thought the tax rate is only 5% NOT 15%.

"We have rooms available from august 15th/06 to august 24th/06
The daily rate for dbl stanadard is R$ 250,00 + 15%taxes with discount = R$ 190,00 +15% taxes
Breakfast included and payment at Hotel.
Please, send us a message to confirm the reservation untill july 25th/06
We have transportation from airport to hotel, rate is R$ 70,00, payment to the driver.
Inform the correct time, date, name and number of flight to confirm it.

Thanks a lot,

Edmara Luz "

Right now my plan is to book 1-2 night in a hotel. Then check out the apartments that have been mentioned from the forum. If I like what I see and the rate is good, then I'll check out, otherwise I'll just stay there for another 5 days

Fhm100
07-12-06, 16:14
We had now some quite bad reports about Gringo Management but it is now time to report also positive things.

When I arrived in Rio I called Rio Appartments - if they have a luxury apartment available. (Before I had some e-mail correspondence with them - they had been asking 30 % of the rent as deposit and I did not want to do that).

Anyhow - they said YES and we met at their apartment just behind the Austrian Consulate at NS de Copa. The apartment is exactly as shown on their internet-side in walking distance to all the attractions. Well equipped and clean with 24 hours security.

I paid for the rent - they waved the security-deposit which was also showing me that these people are serious.

If you do not like an appartment but want a grilf-friendly hotel, try Hotel Ibiza Copacabana, it is at Rua Belfort Roxo 250 - very close to MABs and to Balcony. If you book direct they charge you at present time for a single room 160 Real. I think that this is a good price for a good hotel.

Happy mongering

CarlosCarlos,

Can you pls post the phone #, name of the person that you contacted? Is this apt in rio? and how close from the beach and Help?

Sunset Strip
07-12-06, 17:24
Does anybody rent from or have info. about Ronaldo, a Brazilian guy who rents apartments? He usually hangs out around Mabs.

TJ

Rio Bob
07-13-06, 00:15
I believe that 50% of total cost is a lot of money for a deposit especially if it is non refundable. Anything could happen, something can come up and you can loose a lot of money. I prefer to pay one days rent only and send it by Pay pal, that is how my agent does it. One time I had to just change my dates and the new dates were open so I didn't loose my deposit but if I had to cancel I probably would and loosing 1 days rent is not so bad.

Oh and by the way my agent is Gringo Management.

Never really had a problem with him.

He is there to make money but he wants your business so you have to negotiate, Everybody has to come out with something.

The Watcher
07-13-06, 03:45
Does anybody rent from or have info. about Ronaldo, a Brazilian guy who rents apartments? He usually hangs out around Mabs.
TJ

I have known Ronaldo for a long time. I have rented from him on several occasions. I have friends who have rented from him. In fact, one friend just returned Sunday from Rio and he rented a one bedroom apartment from Ronaldo. He liked the apartment so much that I just might rent it for myself on my next trip. Normally, I stay in a hotel when I travel alone and stay in an apartment when I have a roommate or roommates; however, I might try the one bedroom apartment on my next trip

My friends and I have all had positive experiences with Ronaldo. I highly recommend him.

However, with Ronaldo or any other agent, I do not pay a deposit in advance on any apartment. I arrive in Rio, check into a hotel for a day (unless it is an apartment I have rented before), then go look at apartments. I would advise you to do the same thing.

Carlos Primeros
07-14-06, 13:48
Hi FMH 100

here is the e-mail address of Rio Apartments:

www.rioapartments.com.br
Cell 8111 4519
Cell 8821 1315

Please contact Sr. Antao

The apartment is on Av.NS de Copacabana 4 blocks away from Help. ( 3 minutes to walk)

Carlos

Sunset Strip
07-14-06, 22:44
I normally use Ronaldo, too. I have never been let down. The bathroom in the last apartment I had was not all that good but usually the places are sparkling. The first time I used him he put me in an apartment over Mondego restaurant. it is at the corner of Atlantic and Constante Ramos. The place belonged to an old Brazilian movie star. It was great with lots of paintings and sculptures.

I will post some pictures of the apartments I have rented from him in a few days.

TJ

Crypton
07-14-06, 23:59
I just booked 4 nights stay in Atlantico Copacabana at $91 per night. I hope to god it is gril friendly (I have RTFF and that's what everyone who stayed thee said). Will post a report when I get back.

\If anyone wants to meet up (please!) between Aug 15 and 19, please PM me (I know, I also posted this in the correct section).

Cheers.

The Watcher
07-15-06, 03:04
I just booked 4 nights stay in Atlantico Copacabana at $91 per night. I hope to god it is gril friendly (I have RTFF and that's what everyone who stayed thee said). Will post a report when I get back.

I highly recommend the Atlantico Copacabana. I have stayed there several times and I have had many friends who have stayed there - believe me, neither they or I would stay there if it weren't girl friendly.

The added benefit is that it is right across the street from L'uommo and two blocks over and one block down to Monte Carlo.

Crypton
07-15-06, 21:01
I highly recommend the Atlantico Copacabana. I have stayed there several times and I have had many friends who have stayed there - believe me, neither they or I would stay there if it weren't girl friendly.

The added benefit is that it is right across the street from L'uommo and two blocks over and one block down to Monte Carlo.

Thanks, Watcher - I am looking forward to the trip.

Cheers.

Kenn
07-21-06, 20:52
www.ebuybrazil.com

I was just called by someone that found this website and asked me if I had anything to do with it.. "I DO NOT" !!!!

This guy copied all the photos from apartments on my website and he is using them to SCAM people into thinking they are for sale.... NONE OF THE APARTMENTS HE LISTED ARE FOR SALE. He even listed one I just bought as being for sale. News to me.....

I checked the website out with (Whois) and as long as it's public information, I have no problem posting his name..
Matt McGuisness
8 N. 1st ST. Alhambra, CA..

Member #4378
07-24-06, 18:55
The Rio Roiss charges extra unless you book a double room. At least that was the policy as of march 05.It is still the case. To bring a girl, a double room is required in Rio Roiss.

Unfortunately, one can NOT bring more than 1 girl, even for an extra charge, if double room is booked. I believe this unpleasant policy was introduced recently.
It is strange that even an extra charge does not let one bring 2 girls (double rooms are typically large).

If you think, you will bring 2 girls, book a triple room, or, actually, dont bother
staying in this out-dated over-priced hotel.

Zzommby
07-24-06, 23:44
Do you have any experience with the hotel Atlantic Copacabana (not Atlantico)?
Guest friendly? Thanks!

Member #4378
07-25-06, 17:00
Do you have any experience with the hotel Atlantic Copacabana (not Atlantico)?

Guest friendly? Thanks!I believe Atlantic Copacabana is GF, but only 1 girl. If you book a single room, there is an extra charge for a visitor. If you book double room, there is no extra charge; however, you can not bring 2 girls. I would also double check this with hotel.

Zzommby
07-25-06, 20:36
I believe Atlantic Copacabana is GF, but only 1 girl. If you book a single room, there is an extra charge for a visitor. If you book double room, there is no extra charge; however, you can not bring 2 girls. I would also double check this with hotel.Thanks! Atlantis (not Atlantic, my mistake) Copacabana. Otherwise this hotel was warmly recommended.

Member #4378
07-25-06, 23:56
Thanks! Atlantis (not Atlantic, my mistake) Copacabana. Otherwise this hotel was warmly recommended.Atlantis Copacabana is GF with an extra charge of ~25R. Again, I dont think the hotel allows 2 girls at the same time.

Almotu
07-26-06, 08:07
You have to very careful about the names of the hotel that you are booked into. There are many, many, many hotels there with 'copacabana' as part of their name. I can recommend Atlantico Copacabana located on Siquiera Campos but Atlantis Copacabana which is located on Rua Bulhões de Carvalho is run down and far from the beach.

Yodcha
07-26-06, 14:42
Oh and by the way my agent is Gringo Management.

Never really had a problem with him.

He is there to make money but he wants your business so you have to negotiate, Everybody has to come out with something.I am glad you had good luck with Gringo Management. Anyone thinking of renting an apartment in Rio throigh them should take the time to read the postings on Gringo Managment here.

Droplet
08-08-06, 14:28
peeps,

i've never brought a girl to a hotel, only in motels.

i just want a bit more detail. say in a girl friendly hotel, i assume atlantis, copacobana (??) do you have to report to the reception when you bring a girl inside? if so what do you say? she's my gf/friend for the night?

i assume you cant do escrots whilst in the hotel?! only in appartment.

cheers

El Austriaco
08-08-06, 18:56
peeps,

i just want a bit more detail. say in a girl friendly hotel, i assume atlantis, copacobana (??) do you have to report to the reception when you bring a girl inside? if so what do you say? she's my gf/friend for the night?

cheers
i can't specifically speak about the atlantis copacabana, but i'll explain the procedure for the hotel i always stay at, because i think the procedure is similar for other hotels.

you bring any girl to the reception desk, they sign her in like any other occupant that will spend the night. she has to fill out the registration form, show some sort of id. just like any other guest. hotel charges me r$ 12.00 extra per night for double occupancy.

while the procedure of checking in each and every girl may seem uncomfortable or odd at first, please note that it is a very small inconvenience for your very own safety and legality.

what do i say when i check her in? nothing. they know what´s going on, anyway. if i were inclined to say anything, i'd say "i would like to register a guest, please."

she's my gf/friend for the night? why would i say that? none of their business as long as she is of legal age (which they check). plus, they make money off it, anyway. win-win-win.

i can't do escorts in my hotel? i don't see any reason why not.

hotels certainly vary in their level of girl-friendliness. at my hotel, for example, there is a big poster denouncing child prostitution hanging right next to the reception desk, and on a sign over the reception, it says "no guests allowed". considering that it is a meeting point for adventure tour groups and sort of family-oriented, this hotel is not exactly a monger´s den (btw, that is the reason i am somewhat reluctant to post full contact info on a public board like this one). but can you have girls over as long as you do not make a point of rubbing it in everyone´s face and the chicks you take there do not exactly look like *****s out of a snl skit? yes, of course. this is rio, after all, and everyone, everyone knows what´s going on.

also, please note that not all hotels are companion-friendly, especially some of the higher-end ones. as far as i know, the savoy othon travel, for example, doesn't allow girls anymore as a result of some nasty incidents in the past.

so once in a while when i feel like the tln experience, i have no trouble taking girls back to my place, especially later at night. for st, i prefer the love motels, anyway... for a number of reasons.

finally, as others have noted, bringing two girls back to your hotel at the same time might be a problem in many places, even those that are considered girlfriendly. i guess they must have their reasons, and it is not difficult to see why. considering the risk of taking two girls to a place where all of your belongings are, i would strongly recommend to limit your duplas to love motels only. last time i did this at lido (rua ronald de carvalho, not too far from balcony), they charged me r$ 50.00 for two hours. safe fantasies come at a price, my friend... don't go cheap on this.

hope this helps.

ea

DFWdude
08-12-06, 02:11
I am planning my next trip to Rio soon, and I can stay at the Marriott for $75.00 usd per night. Good deal. Anyway any problem with girls at the Marriott?

Almotu
08-12-06, 15:38
DFW,
I think you will at the very least pay a guest fee to bring the girl to your hotel room. Marriott, Sofitel, Copacabana Palace, other major chain hotels frown upon the Program Girl 'trade' so if she is dressed slutty they might not let her in. There was a well written report awhile back detailing how one can 'sneak in' a GDP into high end tourist hotels, you should do a search in the forum.

Almotu

Bubba Boy
08-12-06, 19:15
The Marriot is semi guest friendly. I stayed there 2 years ago and didn't have a problem. No guest fee. Didn't even have to check her in. Over the last few years I have heard some mongers report problems getting girls in and some saying exactly what I experienced.

Having said this, if you grab a favela girl from Help - that looks like a favela girl from Help, then you may have all sorts of problems getting her in. Basically it is a family/tourist orientated 5 star hotel. They don't want it to look like a brothel. If you take a guest in make sure she is dressed like she is entering a 5 star hotel. Make sure she dresses conservatively, doesn't have her tits hanging out and all over the place and her makeup level set on "*****".

If you want to truck girls in by well the truckload, then better get another hotel or use a motel. They are cheap R50 and up, for a few hours in an acceptable abode for sin.

Fredo24
09-01-06, 15:19
Are there appartments with hotel service in Rio that you can rent for e.g. two nights only? Searched the forum but couldn't find.

Rio Bob
09-01-06, 16:51
Are there appartments with hotel service in Rio that you can rent for e.g. two nights only? Searched the forum but couldn't find.

They have hotels/apartments in Rio called Apart Hotels which is exactly what you are describing. Google it and for example one in Particular is the Ipanema Towers but there are many.

Crypton
09-01-06, 20:07
peeps,
cheers

i stayed recently in atlantico copa (on sequeira campos) and it is toally gf. i brought girls in and had escort come over - no problem. you have to sign in the girls, which i think adds a layer of safety. they won't ask you anything - they already know what kind of girl you have!! the hotel is ok - could use a little refurbishing. has that 1950s feel to it! the staff is super friendly. single and double rooms cost the same us$91 per night for the mini suite (has a bedroom and a sitting room - but only one tv). breakfast buffet is pretty good also (included in room price). pretty nice view from my room of the street and cristo and if i craned my neck a little, of the copa beach. l'uomo is a 2 min walk from the hotel. lots of shopping areas and internet places are a 5 min walk. there are cheap termas nearby as well on av. n.s. copacabana (#583 apt. 203 and 204; #22, etc.). i would definitely stay in this hotel again on short time visits.

some of the apartments have a 2 week minimum rental - better check on that first.

Mr Enternational
09-04-06, 20:28
Are there appartments with hotel service in Rio that you can rent for e.g. two nights only? Searched the forum but couldn't find.PM me and I will give you my contact. Many times when I come from another city in Brazil I may be in Rio just for 8 hours or so awaiting my flight back to the states but I want to get an apartment as a base for mongering...never any problems. Just send an email and you are good to rent for however much time you want. $50/day will be the cost. They are some of the best rentals I have seen in Rio that I have seen for the price. Very clean, cable TV, radio/CD player, A/C, kitchen with all the utensils. etc.

Kwmartin
09-09-06, 13:59
Are there appartments with hotel service in Rio that you can rent for e.g. two nights only? Searched the forum but couldn't find.Try looking here.

KWM

www.rioapartments.se/default.asp?c=shop&cat=221&subcat=438&id=

Sperto
09-09-06, 19:32
Try looking here.
KW
www.rioapartments.se/default.asp?c=shop&cat=221&subcat=438&id=
No chance.
2 nights? Nobody, who is insane, will rent out an apartment for 2 nights.

It Travel
09-09-06, 21:48
Sorry friends, but if you go to Expedia, you can find suites at the Sheraton, by far the best hotel in Rio in position for 215 USD.

I have bought something like a club room in a Othon one, at 2230 Avenida Atlantica, (meaning in the middle of the middle) at Olinda Othon for less than 80 USD… if an apartment is very cheap (like 50 USD) or you plan orgies with several girls OK, otherwise go to an hotel…

In the Sheraton you can get in the girls (by normal time) just go to the bar, then downstairs (not by elevator) to the beach, and then take the lift to your room…Simple !

IT

Kwmartin
09-09-06, 21:53
No chance.

2 nights? Nobody, who is insane, will rent out an apartment for 2 nights.He asked about serviced apartments/hotels. I found some at that site. how much do they rent for ? I have no idea. are they worth it ? once again I have no idea. I'm just trying to be helpful. Kwm

Sperto
09-10-06, 10:58
He asked about serviced apartments/hotels. I found some at that site. how much do they rent for ? I have no idea. are they worth it ? once again I have no idea. I'm just trying to be helpful. Kwm
Sorry, my mistake. Apartments with hotel service, apart-hotel, is different from renting an apartment.
http://www.rioapartments.se/default.asp?c=shop&cat=221&subcat=438&subcat2=439&id=
They have 6 apart-hotels listed.

Fhm100
09-15-06, 19:20
I'll probably be staying in a hotel mid range (80-100/night). Is it safe to leave my laptop and money in the room while I'm out and about?

How about apartment?

Member #4378
09-15-06, 22:46
I'll probably be staying in a hotel mid range (80-100/night). Is it safe to leave my laptop and money in the room while I'm out and about?

How about apartment?I stayed in less expensive hotels many times and usually leave my laptop in the room while I am gone during the day. I have never had any problem, though sometime I am worried because of valuable information in the laptop. This is my experience. You can request for no room service if you want to decrease the chances of laptop theft. I dont hide my laptop even if I have an overnight guest.

Orang05
09-28-06, 01:28
Asiarooms.com is offering a $126/ rate on standard rooms and comparable savings on "superior" and "deluxe" rooms during selected dates in Nov. at this property. Taxes and fees inclusive and bkfst. is included. A comparable rate (slightly higher) is available through Asiarooms at the Millenium and Marriott on Copa. Great prices at these guest-friendly and excellent hotels! Remember to pack in your own drinks though - or else look out for those bottles of JW Black from room service!

DFWdude
10-12-06, 04:22
I will be staying in Rio on the 24th of Oct for 4-5 nights. Looking for a girl friendly hotel or a reference for an apartment near Help and the beach. I was planning on staying at the Marriott I have a great corporate rate, but I have been informed it is for "business purposes only". Damn!

Crypton
10-12-06, 06:02
I will be staying in Rio on the 24th of Oct for 4-5 nights. Looking for a girl friendly hotel or a reference for an apartment near Help and the beach. I was planning on staying at the Marriott I have a great corporate rate, but I have been informed it is for "business purposes only". Damn!

I stayed at Atlantico Copa in August - I recommend it.

The Watcher
10-12-06, 16:56
I stayed at Atlantico Copa in August - I recommend it.

I have stayed several times at the Atlantico Copacabana on the corner of Siguierra Campos and Rua Tonelero. It is reasonable, girl friendly and close to L'uomo's and Monte Carlo. I highly recommend it.

DFWdude
10-15-06, 18:09
Does anyone know if the Hotel Atlantis Copacabana is Guest friendly????

Crypton
10-15-06, 23:30

I believe it is - better check previous posts on this for quality. It is more expensve than Atlantico as I recall from my "research" before the trip.

The Watcher
10-15-06, 23:45

If this is the hotel that is on bulfort cavalo (?) and about two blocks away from Centaurus, it is guest friendly.

Member #4643
10-16-06, 02:48
I have stayed at the Atlantico Copacabana at least 10 times. The Atlantico Copacabana is easy with women, but one needs to be aware of their visitor policy. They require that the women show ID and sign in. If you have a suite, the women are free. If not, you pay a surcharge. I do not know the amount of the surcharge (because once the hotel explained this to me, I upgraded to a suite). I believe that they have a policy against allowing two women, as one fellow mongerer once told me he had to go to a motel when they refused entry for the two girls he brought back. I got around this last summer by bringing one woman with me and having the second arrive at the hotel 10 minutes later.

Don't be afraid to ask about the garota policy when you arrive at the hotel. These guys have seen everything, and wouldn't be shocked to learn you were planning to bring a dozen ladies into your room. The men at the front desk speak English, Spanish, French and Italian pretty well.

Howard1
10-18-06, 00:07
Rio Othon Palace

Does anybody know if this hotel is guest friendly?

Any other info about the hotel. Is it nice? Good location?

Thanks

H

Rio Bob
10-18-06, 02:32
Rio Othon Palace

Thanks

H

The last time I stayed at this hotel was 10 years ago and they would not allow me to bring girls in and unfortunately I prepaid in the states, I don't do that anymore. I ended up taking a second room at the Debret, so I would leave Help then go to the Debret then the next day I would go to my room at the Othon. I swore I would never give them my business again. I know they remodeled the lobby and the bar but the rooms for sure are in need of it too and Im not sure if they were all done. It's in a perfect location, right next to Meia Pataca and across from Ho beach so you are right in the middle of the action.

Toshw2
10-18-06, 08:07
Rio Othon Palace

Thanks

HI met some guys in Copa that were staying there during carnival this year and they told me that no girls (GDPs) were allowed and they were regulary going to motels to take care of business.

TheKnight
10-20-06, 13:30
Is this place girl friendly? And is it any good?

Surely any hotel that's an anagram of 'Oral' must be good for mongers!!!
Thanks in advance for any help.

FLRoadWarrior
10-22-06, 08:47
I would like to give David at RioApartmentRental.com a thanks. We had two 3 bedroom apts. All went well and we all had a great time.He even gave us a free cook out on the top penthouse he lives at. The ladies that work for him were very nice and helped us with any questions. If anyone needs a apt while in Rio give him a shout. We will use his service in March and October next year. Any questions you can email me. FRW

Exec Talent
10-22-06, 17:26
I would like to give David at RioApartmentRental.com a thanks. We had two 3 bedroom apts. All went well and we all had a great time.He even gave us a free cook out on the top penthouse he lives at. The ladies that work for him were very nice and helped us with any questions. If anyone needs a apt while in Rio give him a shout. We will use his service in March and October next year. Any questions you can email me. FRW

Someone posted earlier that some people enjoy getting ripped off. I really don't know why anyone would rent an apartment for at least 25% above the going rate. The same apartments can be found elsewhere for much less.

FLRoadWarrior
10-22-06, 18:03
How do you know I was ripped off? I found the same prices for the same apts on other sites. I was just telling everyone my experence. If you want to stay with someone other than David, that is OK with me. With all the respect.A 3 bedroom apt in a safe area for $100 a night is not totaly out of bounds. That with my room mates is $33 a person. Cheaper than a Motel6 here in the states. I go on FF miles.So my plane Tix is only $61 round trip. So I can afford it. If I wanted to go cheap I could just hang around home. Life is so short do not be so cheap. If I see a 10 I will pay extra,so what it is my money.I wont pay a crazy price. But I will not bicker for R50. Just my take.Have a great day.

FRW

Rio Bob
10-22-06, 18:56
Is this place girl friendly? And is it any good?

Surely any hotel that's an anagram of 'Oral' must be good for mongers!!!
Thanks in advance for any help.

I never stayed here while it was the Orla but many years ago I stayed in it when it was another hotel. This is pretty much like a new hotel now, they re did the whole thing its like brand new. I would suspect it is girl friendly because once I was sitting in the lobby bar having a drink and a girl came out of the elevator sat down next to me and started chatting. After a while I recognized her, I had picked her up in Help several years ago so Im sure the place is girl friendly otherwise she wouldn't have been there. She wanted me to take her home but it was too early for me I had the whole night ahead of me, I only stopped in there for a warm up drink.

Exec Talent
10-23-06, 06:14
FlRoadWarrior,

I always am a little suspicious when a new poster comes on and touts a new apartment rental service; especially one which appears to offer little value. Sure, you may not have been ripped off, but it appears that you rented David’s apartment. As far as I could tell, all the other apartments can be found elsewhere for much less. That was the point of my post. Unless you have the desire to support yet another American trying to make a buck off of gringos, why pay higher than the market rates?

When I am in Rio, I help visitors if I can, free of charge. Most of the time when they ask me to go with them to Help or a termas my “help” consists of getting them there, showing them around for 10 minutes and then they are on their own. They may ask me to translate now and then, but that is it. Hardly a service worth charging for, but I see guys paying for it all the time.

The other day a taxi driver came up to me and asked me to translate for him. Turns out a group of Israelis wanted to go to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf. I negotiated a fair deal for both the taxi driver and the tourists but got nothing other than the satisfaction of helping people out.

There are apartment rental companies in Rio that offer a legitimate service. One that merely marks up apartments by 25% and lists them on a web site to me is not one of them. But then again, that is just my opinion. I could be right.

Guitar_Guy
10-23-06, 13:39
I am going to be in Rio for the first time in early November for up to two weeks and I am looking for an apartment. I have a contact that would like to rent an apartment to me that is 1.5 miles inland from Barra da Tijuca beach.

I would like to know how far that is from Help Disco, Copacabana beach and the termas. Also, approximately how much would it would cost to get to these places by taxi? The aparment is clean and inexpensive, but I need to determine if I will be spending so much time and money on taxis that it is not worth it. The other option I am considering is to rent an apartment near Copacobana beach.

Thanks

Java Man
10-23-06, 17:56
it's far, a lil over 10 miles. as soon as you step into a metered cab, you're into it for about R4+ also its no straight shot from barra to copa, and depending on time of day, in traffic.
another option is to take the bus which is around R2.
dont know which bus to take into copa as i've never stayed in barra. i know a buddy who has though. if you're going to stay there i can ask him for you.

i've attached a pic. (yes, i know it's kinda small,) the original size was to big to post here. barra is on the left side of the pic, copa beach is on the center right side. try zooming in. the pics scale is 3.64 miles.
thank you to Google Earth for that pic.

Sperto
10-23-06, 19:55
dont know which bus to take into copa as i've never stayed in barra.
Bus no 175.

Mangera
10-23-06, 20:27
I have rented from David one time about a year and a half ago. The apartment was fine, but there is a reason I have not rented from him again. For the same amount of money or less, I have found better locations and overall service.

I don't mind paying a bit more than the going price, but not significantly more. Thats just plain wrong. Go figure, a gringo giving gringo prices. :)

Guitar_Guy
10-24-06, 07:03
Chingon and Sperto,

Thanks with your help on the location of Barra. I will try to get an apartment in Copa.

Thanks

FLRoadWarrior
10-24-06, 21:57
No problem. I do all my posting over at another site. They have a travel section. I am a respected poster over there. No hard feelings. And no I do not work for David. I do not post much. I do not post unless I have some good information. And it is good to help others in need. Bravo to you. Yes you are right we did have Daves apt and one below in the same bldg. I do stand behind my post and say all went well. It is anyones choice to stay where they feel like.But as a new poster,it would be nice to cut us some slack. This is a board to share good and bad experences. I will be back in Rio soon. If I see you I will buy you a drink. All of above is my take.

FRW

Infamous1
10-28-06, 01:45
I would be interested in knowing where you found an apartment. I'm traveling there on Feb. 15-25. Definitely want an apartment, but dont want to spend too much. How much was it & where was it

I have rented from David one time about a year and a half ago. The apartment was fine, but there is a reason I have not rented from him again. For the same amount of money or less, I have found better locations and overall service.

I don't mind paying a bit more than the going price, but not significantly more. Thats just plain wrong. Go figure, a gringo giving gringo prices. :)

Rio Bob
10-28-06, 12:15
I would be interested in knowing where you found an apartment. I'm traveling there on Feb. 15-25. Definitely want an apartment, but dont want to spend too much. How much was it & where was it

Im not going to recommend an apartment but keep in mind as I'm sure you probably allready know your dates are the height of the season.

The Carnival weekend is February 16 - 20 so everything in Rio is at least doubled or tripled in price.

I only say this because you say you don't want to spend too much, if that's the case then maybe you should pick another week, like 2 weeks before Carnaval or after.

Infamous1
10-28-06, 17:12
Is there anything you can recommend, I trust your opinion, Ive read a lot of your posts. I'm looking to spend max $140/night for a 3 bedroom, dont need beachfront, even a 7 block walk from the action is OK. I cant change the dates I already booked. Any suggestions anybody.

Im not going to recommend an apartment but keep in mind as I'm sure you probably allready know your dates are the height of the season.

The Carnival weekend is February 16 - 20 so everything in Rio is at least doubled or tripled in price.

I only say this because you say you don't want to spend too much, if that's the case then maybe you should pick another week, like 2 weeks before Carnaval or after.

Rio Bob
10-28-06, 20:06
Is there anything you can recommend, I trust your opinion, Ive read a lot of your posts. I'm looking to spend max $140/night for a 3 bedroom, dont need beachfront, even a 7 block walk from the action is OK. I cant change the dates I already booked. Any suggestions anybody.

$140 for a 3 bedroom sounds like a normal price but not during Carnaval, you better start doing your homework, scour the internet start sending some emails to agents in Rio. One thing I would suggest is get a 2 bedroom and maybe one can sleep on the couch. Some of these apartments have sofa beds in the living room. Ill give you an example, I rent a 1 bedroom but the living room has a sofa bed and there is another little room off to the side with a futon, so this one bedroom can sleep 3, you need to improvise a little. Speak to this woman Margareth, she has an agency in Rio tell her your problem, maybe she can suggest something:

www.thewonderfulcity.com

It Travel
10-31-06, 09:39
I met some guys in Copa that were staying there during carnival this year and they told me that no girls (GDPs) were allowed and they were regulary going to motels to take care of business.

I have been a couple of times, not in Carnival, at Othon Olinda... brought on Expedia... if you get a luxury room, with sea view it will be fine.

Of course not a 4 star in the EU sense, but OK, a little bit run down but very fascinating.

No problem in the day (but your girl has not to look as a b*****), in the night they will register them and make you pay someting like 20 R$ extra. Good in my opinion for avoiding stealing or beeing drugged!

IT

Fredyann
11-02-06, 12:25
It is quite hard in this list to find good hotel "guest friendly". I have tried Everest Hotel which was good. You have to book a room for 2 if you pre-book. The girl has to give her ID to register but they do not ask any question, very nice people. www.everest.com.br It is in Ipanema.

I would like to know a good hotel more near the action place in Copacabana. A good hotel with all confort. Can you help me ?

RxHammer
11-06-06, 14:33
Guys,

Anyone have a suggestion for an agent, friend, associate, etc. that I may contact for a long term rental (at least 6 months) ? I hate to contact people without a reference. I have a guy that is OK for short stays but I kind of want to shop around and see if a better deal is available.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Be safe,

Hammer

RxHammer
11-06-06, 14:35
Forgot to mention that I have used all the usual suspects such as Bobby, Kenn, David@Gringo....

Looking for new blood and a decent price..

Thanks again,

Hammer

Howard1
11-07-06, 23:13
I am thinking of travelling to RIO ---first time for a week at beginning of December.
I have checked out RIOAPARTMENTS---and I like the studio they have to offer.
However, I can book the Sheraton for $125 a night.

So, maybe I should do both.

So Should I?

Start at the Sheraton and after a few nights move into the apartment?--after I have a better understanding of RIO

Or

Start at the apartment and move to the Hotel to get some rest and luxury for last few nights?

Suggestions appreciated.

RxHammer
11-08-06, 14:47
Howard,

Screw the hotel and go straight for the apartment. Much cheaper and no hassles with girls. Unless money is no concern and you will not have girls up to your room...

IMHO, apartments are the only way to go.....

Hammer

Sperto
11-08-06, 15:16
I am thinking of travelling to RIO ---first time for a week at beginning of December.
I have checked out RIOAPARTMENTS---and I like the studio they have to offer.
I've seen (but not stayed at) some of Rioapartments studios (or conjugados) in Copa. They really looks great and have good locations (Posto 6).
It might be one of these:
http://www.rioapartments.se/default.asp?c=shop&cat=221&subcat=228&subcat2=421&id=

Apto is definitely better for mongering.
For resting Sheraton might be better (if you only have one week in Rio there will be no time for resting.)

RonnyRon
11-09-06, 01:34
I have stayed in one of Rioapartment's studios and they are very nice. The company is a class act and the apartments are up to US standards. New furnishings, a safe for your valuables, DVD player, CD player and very nice mable bath\shower and kitchen\bar area. Very comfortable, safe location not far from Ipenema. The location is very good on Copacabana Ave (Posta 6) one block off the beach and a couple of blocks from Help. There is a drug store on the corner, which is open all night and a very good little cafe a block the other way, which is open 24/7. Also there is a police sub-station a couple of doors to the left. There is a Blockbusters and couple of blocks to the south where you can use your US card and passport to rent DVDs. I believe I paid $65.00 a night (July)last year. I recommend them. Very professional service. Chances are you won't even want to move to the hotel once you rent their studio. Great little place to entertain or be entertained. Photo attached of the place I rented. Enjoy your trip!

RonnyRon

The Watcher
11-09-06, 02:44
Photo attached of the place I rented. Enjoy your trip!

RonnyRon

I clicked on the photo to see the place but I quickly lost interest when I saw the girl. lol

Details please!

RonnyRon
11-09-06, 03:29
Watcher,

Check Keldeson pictures in the photo section to get some nude looks. The photo I posted below is not that clear, but one can still see she is beautiful! Here is another one a little better, but Kel has the best shots. Here is a link:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2194&page=4&pp=15

Damn, I love when guys share!! No face hidding here.

RonnyRon

The Watcher
11-09-06, 21:32
India is indeed fine! Where can I find her?

RonnyRon
11-10-06, 02:16
Help!

Rr

Mahku
11-17-06, 18:20
I stayed here for the entire 10 days of my stay. It was $75 plus taxes online. When I extended and dealt directly with the front desk it was 200 reais all included, a few bucks more.

The just ok, kind of monotonous breakfast was included. There´s a small pool on the rooftop. There are signs pointing to a gym that doesn´t exist. I went to a gym just down the street at Siquiera Campos and Ribeira which cost 26 to use for a one time visit. It´s on the 3rd floor (2nd as the Brits count) of a small mall. It´s easy to spot if you look up from the street.

The hotel is convenient for the metro (Siquiera Campos station). Also it´s close to L´Uomo. For other things it´s more of a walk or a taxi ride.

The room was nice enough, had a good view of the Christ statue of Corcovada. The toilet could have used more flush power though. One minor annoyance was being made to pay 6 reais for the in room safe. It needs a key and lock setup that they keep at the front desk.

When bringing girls back here they keep her ID at the front but it doesn´t cost anything.

If I come back I´ll probably go the apartment route, but this place was ok for this time.

Dieine Heyre Pir
11-28-06, 21:29
Hello,

I am Dieine from Copa Apartments, I am envaid you to see my web site and check my prices and locations. I can also suggest you various activity in rio and all the place where to meet girls. My apartment do not have any restriction, some have internet connection wi-fi. I am available on line to answer all your question, please feel free to contact me at my email for further questions.

Killerbee160
12-02-06, 17:50
I had a good experience with this person.

Lucia 011-55-21-2247-7605

She is very nice, the apartment was wonderful (1 block from the beach) and she did my laundry for a cheaper rate than the local cleaners. She lives in Copa so in the event of a problem I'm sure the response time would be rapid. I didn't have a problem so the only time that I had to call was to make a payment or for Laundry services. I hope this information helps.

Killerbee

Killerbee160
12-02-06, 17:53
I had a good experience with this person.

Lucia 011-55-21-2247-7605

She is very nice, the apartment was wonderful (1 block from the beach) and she did my laundry for a cheaper rate than the local cleaners. She lives in Copa so in the event of a problem I'm sure the response time would be rapid. I didn't have a problem so the only time that I had to call was to make a payment or for Laundry services. I hope this information helps.

Killerbee

Rosine
12-19-06, 05:56
Hello,

I've been to Rio many times, but I have never done a bachelor party there. What I'm looking for is a nice, upscale apartment with a balcony and deck, perhaps something with a beachfront view. I've looked on the usual sites, though I can't find bobby's site anymore, but none of them seem to have a nice apartment for a bunch of guys, something where we can hang out there as well. Any advice?

Thanks

R

Patbutter
12-27-06, 08:39
Hello,

I am Dieine from Copa Apartments, I am envaid you to see my web site and check my prices and locations. I can also suggest you various activity in rio and all the place where to meet girls. My apartment do not have any restriction, some have internet connection wi-fi. I am available on line to answer all your question, please feel free to contact me at my email for further questions.

I stayed in one of Dieine's apts (atound the corner from Help) recently and had a good experience. The apartment was comfortable and close to the beach. She took care of any problems quickly. I was a bit nervous about sending her a 50% cash down payment, then paying the remainder in cash on arrival but all worked out well.

Thanks to ET for the recommendation, which also earned me free pickup from the airport.

PB

Aybolit
01-05-07, 00:16
I am in my late twenties and Im flying into Rio in mid March and planning to stay for around a month taking portuguese classes somewhere during the day and practicing my newly learned language on some hotties at night. I was in Rio before and stayed in Copa, and think thats the best location for me. I was hoping someone could help me find a good deal for a place to stay that is not too expensive for a month. So far I've been seeing apartments going for 50 dollars a day minimum, which would run me around 1500 dollars a month. Im sure there has got to be a cheaper option. I stayed in hostels last time and I dont want to repeat that experience unless I have to. Can't bring girls back among the main reasons, but I'd rather pay a smaller amount for rent to have more money left for garotas. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance

PS also I'd appreciate if anyone has any info on porto classes somewhere in Rio in late march early april.

Gatorman
01-06-07, 02:49
You might try looking on line at the classified section of O Globo, the local newspaper--especially the Sunday edition. Many people advertise temporary apartments there. There are usually plenty available for 1000 to 1200 reals per month. This would be around 500 to 575 dollars depending on exchange rate. Of course it will be more difficult if you go there around the time of Carnaval. The daily rates are usually around 80 reals or 40 dollars.

Jan 156
01-06-07, 07:45
I am in my late twenties and Im flying into Rio in mid March and planning to stay for around a month taking portuguese classes somewhere during the day and practicing my newly learned language on some hotties at night. I was in Rio before and stayed in Copa, and think thats the best location for me. I was hoping someone could help me find a good deal for a place to stay that is not too expensive for a month. So far I've been seeing apartments going for 50 dollars a day minimum, which would run me around 1500 dollars a month. Im sure there has got to be a cheaper option. I stayed in hostels last time and I dont want to repeat that experience unless I have to. Can't bring girls back among the main reasons, but I'd rather pay a smaller amount for rent to have more money left for garotas. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance

PS also I'd appreciate if anyone has any info on porto classes somewhere in Rio in late march early april.

I'd say always look before you rent. If you arrive at an awkward time of day, MellowYellow Hostel might be a place to stay (they're on the web) till office hours and there's a respectable apartment agency just round the corner on Barata Ribeiro. It's very near the Metro station but on the south side (same as Mellow Yellow) and with a big sign over the front door. Their rates are very reasonable and they are long established, but the quality of the places varies enormously.

Further west along B.R. there's Aparthotel - slightly more expensive but maybe still inexpensive by some standards. You also get maid service thrown in. When I stayed there I paid £14 a night, and my friend, who was staying on a different floor for a month, paid £10 a night - that's about 40R so run it into dollars and it's still cheap. There's also a small gym in the same apartment complex and I think there's a swimming pool but as I never used it I can't say for sure. Shops and stuff too - just in case it's bucketing down with rain and you don't want to go outside the building.

Mr Enternational
01-06-07, 08:31
I clicked on the photo to see the place but I quickly lost interest when I saw the girl. lol

Details please!And you should see her doggy-style! This was a couple of years ago. I didn't take any pictures because I was so wrapped up. But she bent over and grabbed the bottom of the bed with her palms up so she could exert force. And she gives good massages too.

Aybolit
01-06-07, 20:16
Thanx Gatorman and Christofer for your advice,

Those prices sound much better than what I heard so far. Now I just gotta work on my portuguese to be ready for Rio in March! I hope prices are gonna go down at that point, since its gonna be almost a month since carnaval is over. Any suggestions on Porto classes? I tried looking at the classifieds in OGlobo without any luck. In the worst case I'll just go sit at the cafe outside Help every night and prictice with a variety of "instructors" over a Brahma

Thanx again guys