PDA

View Full Version : Sao Luis

Admin
05-14-02, 04:08
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Prosal
05-22-02, 11:32
Just a few lines about Sao Luis :
It's mainly a freelancer/semi pro market ( there was never money involved with the girls i met, just a few gifts and restaurants offered), i heard some brothels can be found in Ponta d'Areia (first beach after leaving the center), but i guess it's mainly for locals and anyway very well hidden....
So you will be easily (and quicky) targeted as a foreigner by the girls just seating at a terrace café in the historic center (Projeto Reviver) where they all hang out (as all the locals) weekdays and weekends from 8pm. Just drink your beers, watch the crowd and once more they'll find you: you'll be the only tourist and they'll come to you !!
After 11pm everyboby move to the bars with live music on Calhau beach (3 km from centro, many taxis waiting the crowd)...good choice of places (best was 'Zanzibar' during my stay), just make your choice and tactic there is the same....:) (speaking portugese is a must); Zanzibar on Calhau is also the best place at daytime when many chick come suntaning and whoring there...
The board is about to find girls :) (and sorry Jackson for those few lines) but i could recommend Sao Luis as a very nice destination, not on the tourist track, very safe, with a beautiful historic center, nice beaches and a very friendly population.....
Pro

Nibu Raphael
11-17-02, 21:16
Wow Pro Great info on San Luis. What about massage parlors and strip clubs? Can you give us in depth view to on StreetwAlkers in San Luis????? How are the discotecas in San Luis? How safe is it for Gringos in San Luis????? Are there Cheap hotels in San Luis? What about Love Motels in San Luis???

Rio Nut
06-14-03, 19:21
Pro,

Can you send me you email address?

Prosal
06-17-03, 12:36
Sure.....

.....@hotmail.com

(got ur e mail, answer u today )

Agita Brasil !!

Rio Nut
06-25-03, 07:24
Pro, where is your response! I'm waiting! Thanks.

Member #4366
07-02-03, 21:24
It looks like Sao Luis hasn't changed that much since my visit in July 2000. Well, it is hard to imagine that many things change over there - it is such a quiet backwater town!

I agree with most of Pro's findings altough I was less positive about the place. There isn't much action on weekdays. Of course, in the Centro Historico, there are always some girls looking out for tourists, but most of these girls are neither young nor attractive. Dental care seems to be non-existing over there anyway. I also found the main beach (Calhau) practically deserted on weekdays. Perhaps July is not the best season...? During the weekends, it is a great place with many possibilities to pick up a semi-pro or just a girl looking for a foreigner boyfriend (the line betweeen the 2 categories being very thin, though). It is true that most girls won't ask for money upfront, but they do expect you to give them a present (50-70 R$) afterwards. Unless you want to spend more time with her, of course - but then be prepared for a shopping round. Most girls in Sao Luis are rather dark-skinned - on average much darker than in Fortaleza. The town used to be a slave port. There are several cheap hotels in Sao Luis, but the ones on the beaches are more expensive. Any questions are welcome

Rio Nut
07-04-03, 02:10
Bucanero, thank you!!! Just the type of information I have been looking for.

I have seen pictures of Sao Luis girls, and the majority of them do not look very nice. How easy are the regular girls to pick up, and how attractive are they generally?

It seems like the "morena clara" population is smaller in this city, so they are hunted by the guys...while the majority of the blacker featured girls are the only ones available to the short-time tourist. Does that sound about right?

Do you think other cities like Belem, Fortaleza, Joao Pessoa, etc have better looking girls?

Thanks!

Rio Nut
07-04-03, 02:14
Bucanero,

What % of the girls of Sao Luis would you say are "QUITE ATTRACTIVE"?

And of these, what % do you think would be open to sleeping with a foreigner after a week or so of dating?

Also, do you think this is a nice city to live in?

Member #4366
07-08-03, 20:49
Rionut, here are some answers:

<<What % of the girls of Sao Luis would you say are "QUITE ATTRACTIVE"? And of these, what % do you think would be open to sleeping with a foreigner after a week or so of dating?>>

It all depends on your taste, of course. Personally, I did not find the Sao Luis girls very attractive. Most of them, anyway. The lighter coloured girls usually have round bellies and small breasts. Many of the black girls have more attractive bodies. I haven’t been in Sao Luis long enough to pick up a ‘regular’ girl. Then we’re speaking about higher-middle class or higher class, in most cases white girls. I did speak with a few and they were really fascinated about meeting foreigners. But these girls are usually not available. They either have a local boyfriend or they are already married. They get married at a very young age. If you would find one available, I guess that one or two dates would do the trick.

<<It seems like the "morena clara" population is smaller in this city, so they are hunted by the guys...while the majority of the blacker featured girls are the only ones available to the short-time tourist. Does that sound about right?>>

Yes, sounds about right.

<<Do you think other cities like Belem, Fortaleza, Joao Pessoa, etc have better looking girls?>>

I haven’t been to Joao Pessoa. There is much more choice in Belem and especially in Fortaleza, so you’ll find more good looking girls there. But there is also much more competition from Italians, Germans, etc. Fortaleza is not the most beautiful place in Brazil, but it is a good hunting ground for the short-time tourist. But forget about the ‘regular’ girls in Fortaleza. Most of them wouldn’t be seen dead with a tourist. Some indiscrete guys have given us a very bad name over there, I’m afraid.

<<Also, do you think this is a nice city to live in?>>

I wouldn’t like to live in Sao Luis as the weather is not very nice: hot and humid, much like Belem. Fortaleza has got a much better climate.

Rio Nut
07-10-03, 17:58
Bucanero!!!

Thank you for such good information! Much better than others who choose to not respond!!!

You mentioned Belem. How is that city and what do you think about the quality of girls there? Hot, tanned, and slim??? Easy to pick up the regular girls? How is the quality of the hookers there?

Thanks!

Member #4366
07-12-03, 21:10
Rionut,

I'm afraid that I can't give you much useful info on Belem as I've only spent one day and one night over there.

A few general impressions: Most girls are of a very mixed race (white, black and native Indian all together). Some of them are really beautiful, but you'll still find more beauties in Fortaleza. Well, that is my personal taste, of course. On the sunny side: the people are friendlier in Belem and you'll meet lots of smiling girls in the streets when they think you're a foreigner. I think that it should be easy to make contact with them. Could anyone who has been in Belem for a longer time confirm this? The air in Belem is very oppressive: hot and humid. Perhaps it is not always like this, but I was glad I could get out of there and fly back to Fortaleza.

Rio Nut
07-13-03, 16:33
Hi Bucanero!

Thank you again for your wisdom! You are well travelled indeed!

Did you get to fuck a girl from Belem? If not, do you know where they can be found? It sounds like Lapinha is the place to go, but others did not like it.

Yes, Fortaleza is nice, but the girls not so friendly it seems from so many sex tourists.

Did you ever visit Joao Pessoa or Natal? They are smaller than Fortaleza, and from what I hear, not many hookers.

Rio Nut
07-17-03, 07:46
Bucanero,

Are most of the girls in Sao Luis BLACK? I do not find black girls attractive. But I don't mind dark skinned latina looking girls. But definitely not black girls.

Can you tell me what you found when there?

Where can you get top quality hookers in Sao Luis?

Thanks.

Member #4366
07-17-03, 20:28
Hi RioNut, not much trafic in this thread! Any comments on Sao Luis from other visitors?

About my Belem girl (for the one night I spent over there): I picked her up in a boite near avenida Vargas. It wasn't Lapinha - I did not visit that place. Should be good, though.

I have not yet been to either Joao Pessoa or Natal. But I met a girl from Natal in Fortaleza and she was hot! She told me that Natal is a smaller brothel than Fortaleza, but a brothel just as well.

Are you planning to go there, soon? I would like to see a recent report on Natal.

Cutting Edge
07-18-03, 00:04
According to a taxi driver Lapinha has now closed in Belem. Locomotivo is still functioning though.

Paolino
07-18-03, 16:48
I was in Sao Luis last october/november, and definitely not much mulher around at that time of the year....well, at least not in those places they mentionned in this forum (calhau beach, projeto reviver).

nightlife was ok, some cool discos in the old town, but the atmosfere was more like "everyone knew everyone"; i enjoyed it but there was not much to bring home at night as i felt it kinda difficult to mix in...hopefully things change during these months!

Cutting Edge
07-19-03, 00:58
Originally posted by RioNut
Bucanero,

Are most of the girls in Sao Luis BLACK? I do not find black girls attractive. But I don't mind dark skinned latina looking girls. But definitely not black girls.

Thanks. Sao Luis is the centre of reggae in Brasil, does that answer your question.

Rio Nut
07-23-03, 05:04
Sao Luis has been a disappointment. Mostly black women mixed with Indian blood, leading to ugly girls with pot bellies. The hookers are very ugly and very ugly. The city is nice architecture, the beaches are not that good, with water that is not blue but brown.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions for capitalization and punctuation. To avoid future delays, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation. Thanks!

Cutting Edge
07-26-03, 16:06
Are you actually there now Rionut? Where did you get you info? Some older reports said the non pros were very friendly and easy to pick up.

tchau

Simon

Paolino
07-26-03, 20:17
seems Sao Luis isn't worth the travel if you're looking for hookers. Does anyone have any positive experience to report from Sao Luis?

Panman
08-29-03, 12:00
This is from my experience in Sao Luis during mid 2002. The city has been growing at a fast pace and many noticeable changes have been taking place over the years. The city looks cleaner and more tourist friendly than 5 years ago. Estimates have shown around 1 million people living on the island but you can still feel the small city environment this place has. I've been to Sao Luis 3 times before, first back in 1995, then 1999, and 2002. Each time I return it gets better and more interesting than before. I hope the information I post here could still be useful as future reference. The best time to visit Sao Luis is from the middle towards the end of June, when many shows and festivals take place throughout the city everyday of the week. To get around the city isn't very hard, taxi drivers in general know where everything is located, nomatter what you're looking for. I on the other hand, with good knowledge of the place prefer to rent my own vehicle, because I save much more this way, I am constantly on the move there. Gasoline is a bit expensive going around $R2.70 a liter. Localiza, located at the local airport, has the best rental deals and all new cars. All I needed to rent a car was my american driver's licence and my credit card. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Sao Luis, try to visit the Parque dos Lencois Maranhense(http://www.turismo.ma.gov.br/en/index.html), a beautiful place with sand dunes less than 2 hours drive away from Sao Luis, good to relax and take a girl you really enjoy having with you.

Women of Sao Luis in general are not very atractive, however you do find many mixed women with nice brown skin and well curved bodies, the face doesnt always match, but nothing a few beers can't fix. It is a fact that Rio and Sao Paulo has better quality of females, but what you end up spending on a week in cities like Sao Luis, Belem or Teresina is equivalent to couple days in a larger city. Regular women in general demand some time to pickup and sometimes they act very shy for their age. I didn't have much time to waste so I just decided to explore the brothels around the city. Basically, entry is free and drinks go from R$2 for beer to R$10 and up for whisky and other warm drinks. Women costs vary with the location of the brothels and each woman has her own destinct price. The following locations are worth looking around to have some fun:

House Beach- This Place is located in front of Praia do Olho D'agua (Olho D'agua Beach), most likely the best brothel I saw in the city with many good looking prostitutes from places as far as Salvador, Teresina, and Belem. There you can enjoy strip shows and awesome lap dances. If you don't first get greeted by a woman, you can ask the bartender to call any lady you like to sit at your table and give you the opportunity to see her from a closer view. The women had a good attitude and didn't hesitate to show me other ladies I seemed to like, they would usually ask for some pricey beverage, which insured she wasn't going to leave my table. If you don't speak portuguese very well things are even better, less time to talk the sooner you can get her to bed and the less you spend on drinks. Let her know you would like to take her to a motel (numerous places like this are around the city with rooms going from R$15 to R$25 a hour with everything you need to make your night pleasant). The ladies at House Beach usually will start asking for R$100 to R$150 (US$1 = R$2.90). All prices are negociable and I easily turned R$120 into R$90 and R$100 into R$60 the second time there. That's when Portuguese comes in handy in Brazil, to bargain prices. There is a small bar fine to take the lady out, usually 10 reais.

The others places I went are located in a dark street by the Retorno da Forquilha next to Guajajaras Avenue. There were 3 brothels located by eachother mostly used by locals, so expect better attention as a foreigner. I remember the ones at the corners were called Climax and Play Boss, with some good looking women. The one in the middle I don't remember the name looked more like a regular house, had very ugly women I wouldn't mess with for free. Women in all 3 were cheaper compared to House Beach, but not a very big difference, usual prices went from R$50 to R$100. Some offered their own room to use with their women, but stay away from those because they were very unconfortable. Never pay them before the sex, if they complain too much you should probably find another woman. You can usually screw them for 2 hours, maybe 3 if you show motivation. Some will have anal sex. All 3 places had bar fines for the usual R$10.

If you really wanna save your money go to Choperia Marcelo, a bar located by Retorno Da Forquilha as well, with a live band playing local music like Forro and Brega. Every night from 9pm you'll find a variety of cheap prostitutes, usually sitting in groups at their own tables dancing alone, waiting for someone to make a move. Some really had fine bodies, but they usually get picked up first, so don't waste time bacuse it's first come first serve basis. Average prices went from R$20 to R$50, you usually get what you pay for. Be sure you tell her which motel you wanna take her to before you leave the bar, that way she does't worry too much about her safety. Again, never pay before sex.

Guajajaras Avenue has the streetwalkers standing at the sidewalks between 7pm and 10pm everyday. I never messed with those, there were too many transexual dudes around and I don't go that way.

Around Porto Do Itaqui, the city's main port, there is a red light district, but women there are overpriced because their costumers are mostly foreign sailors and the women became spoiled by the easy cash.

In conclusion, if you don't have much time to spend in Sao Luis to meet regular girls, the brothels are defenately the way to go. Regardless of what they do, the women were warm and welcoming like most brazilian girls. They were clean for the most part, always showered at the motel before having sex and always required me to wear condoms. I usually got the cell numbers from the ones I enjoyed and would invite them to go out to the beach, eat out, and do something fun before ending up having sex for free or a very low price again. The reason I will always go back to Brazil is because they have the most sensual women the world has to offer. I will be returning to Sao Luis next year, and will visit Teresina and Fortaleza also, which I'm very anxious about. Will keep you posted when it happens.

Rio Nut
10-02-03, 23:21
Yes, I went to these places too and thought the quality was amazingly worse than Rio de Janeiro. It was almost frightening to see a woman in her 30s offering herself to me, with a small belly bigger than mine. There were cuter ones, but the selection is so small, and they are very professional.

The street hookers are horrific, many of them missing teeth and acting very "whorish" to anyone who passes by.

It is a world apart from the women of Rio de Janeiro. I believe all the nice looking prostitutes soon depart for places like Fortaleza and Rio.

Sperto
11-06-03, 19:48
Pro and Airforce bum

I enjoyed your informative reports.
Thank you.

Sperto

Franquillo
12-21-03, 23:45
When traveling to the marvelous Lencois Maranheses dunes (Barreirinas) I came to Sao Luis, I found nice street action in the old town district at street cafes and restaurants near Rua Portugal. I cannot agree that the girls are so ugly there, just they are more black...

Rio D
01-05-04, 01:04
RioNut, your post of 7-22-03 was racist and offensive.

Sperto
01-28-04, 21:44
São Luíz.

Nothing really new, just some updates.

Small strip-clubs/brothels:
Three of them located close to Retorno da Forquilha.
- Playboss: 50 reais for the girl and 20 reais for the room.
- Privé: 50 reais for the girl and 20 reais for the room.
- Climax: 50 reais for the girl, 25 reais bar-fine and 15 reais for a nearby motel.
Very low standard on the girls. I couldn´t find any girl at these places that appealed to me.

Reviver:
In the small bars and in the streets around the Praça in the historical center, Reviver, you´ll find lots of pro´s. The average standard is quite normal, but there are also some exceptionally beautiful girls to be found. Prices from 40 reais. I enjoyed Reviver a lot. Also nice non-pro´s that are willingly.

Beach:
On weekends at Praia Ponto dÁreia, Praça do Sol, there are many pro´s to be found strolling around. Many of them work at Reviver in the evening.

PRO´S AND NON-PRO´S:
There are several Forró-places in Sao Luiz.
- Chopperia do Marcelo: Mixture of pro´s and non-pro´s. I found the pro´s to be ugly and the non-pro´s mostly old, ugly, fat and small-titted.
- Forró do Arnildo: Again a mixture of pro´s and non-pro´s. The standard on the girls were better.
- Studio 7: A fancy discotheque. The most beautiful girls I saw in Sao Luiz. Quite a young crowd. I found it interesting that several of these, overclass-looking, girls actually were students offering their services. To avoid making a fool of yourself ask the segurança which of the girls that are pro´s. Quite hard to see the difference in Studio 7.

Hotel: Lord Hotel, Rua do Nazaré 258. Next to Reviver. Simple but nice rooms from 25-38 reais. 10 reais extra when a girl visits you.

Cheers

Paolino
01-29-04, 19:56
Sperto, what month has you been in Sao Luis? i have the impression that Sao Luis offers some choice only during high season; i was there in october and it was dead. The bars near the beach: dead....Reviver: only some families, groups of locals, 2 pros, rest of the town: dead.

Prosal
01-29-04, 20:19
Paolino, i think Sperto is right now in Sao Luis (very high season) ; i was there at the end of winter season (July) and it was quite good, but it was holidays in Brasil : surely October was worst ... So when i was there, nothing to see of course with SP, but it was refreshing, quite lively and some nice and pretty freelancers were to be found in historic area ;

Anyway Sperto's update make me feel like like going back !!!!

Thanks for it Sperto .

Sperto
01-30-04, 00:33
I just left Sao Luiz.

Vinni100
04-16-04, 03:04
Where is Sao Luis? Is there a beach? AQny caucasion women?

Thanx

Vinni

HotTraveler
12-19-04, 04:32
Hello,

I live in Spain and here I´ve found some brazilian women from the city of Sao Luis.

I travel all years to Brazil and now I´m attracted to idea to go for those city, because I was very good experiences with the girls I found in Spain.

Really loving,hot and nice!

I believe,Sao Luis is worthwhile,the only trouble is that is very far from Rio.

See you soon.

KnifeFish
06-06-05, 01:06
Visited Sao Luis a while back, to my surprise lots of French package tourists already go there. The colonial city is quite nice and has a few bars at night but the quality of the girls is pretty poor. The girls tend to be very stick thin and don't generally have the big Brasilian ass.

The girls I did speak to in the central area seemed to think I'd just got off the banana boat. They tried to pretend they were non pro's but made demands even Rio's most hard core would be ashamed off(I guess they are used to praying on package tourists that just don't know the score).

Prosal
06-06-05, 18:49
Knifefish, not to be controvertial, but I've had some exactly opposite experiences in Sao Luis.

I found the girls in Projeto Reviver very easygoing and genuine, and many were pretty enough to suit my personnal tastes ; none ever mentionned money, just asked for a little "gift" (pair of shoes or whatever) at the end of my stay.

I've been liking Sao Luis. The city is much more pleasant than Fortaleza and the girls much less mercenaries.

Pro

KnifeFish
06-06-05, 18:59
I was there early in the week and at night the place was dead as a door nail. Only two small bars open with a very small selection of obvious hookers and even that had fizzled out by midnight. Maybe we have different tastes in women as there are such ethnic variances within Brasil.

On the Sunday afternoon the Ponta Areia area has lots of people about, however my white skin stuck out like a thumb and I even had groups of youths eyeing up my well worn walking shoes(which I had previously bought in Brasil as it happens). The major music style in the area was Reggae, like I said not exactly my cup of tea.

Prosal
06-07-05, 09:24
I was there in July (Bumba-meu-Boi/vacations period).

The atmosphere was good, with open-air concerts almost every night in the Reviver, bars were packed, barzinhos at Calhau beach packed as well, and the best upscale disco (Extravagante if my memory serves) was rocking on week ends.

Pro

Ezinho
07-20-05, 16:31
After leaving Fortaleza unimpressed, I am now in the city of São Luis. I have been told that it is fairly easy to pick up non-pros here, but it seems many of them want boyfriends/relationships, since there is a shortage of men here for some reason. If anyone has any updated info on clubs / boites in São Luis, PM me and let me know. Also, does anyone have the exact address of House Beach in Praia de Ponta D'Area?

KnifeFish
07-21-05, 00:59
After leaving Fortaleza unimpressed, I am now in the city of São Luis. I have been told that it is fairly easy to pick up non-pros here, but it seems many of them want boyfriends/relationships, since there is a shortage of men here for some reason. If anyone has any updated info on clubs / boites in São Luis, PM me and let me know. Also, does anyone have the exact address of House Beach in Praia de Ponta D'Area?I was there a few weeks back, very disappointing. The Ponta Area area is small, there are a few forro/reggae places aropund that were very busy the Sunday afternoon/nighttime.

How long have you been there? There were a few *****s in the Reviver Centro area, but pretty dirty/rough looking. A few taxi drivers told me of several strip clubs, can't remember the names but they are away from the centre. Like I said, pretty low scale for pussy, I think all the top bitches will take a bus down to Fortaleza where they have a target rich enviroment@!

Ezinho
07-21-05, 14:41
I was there a few weeks back, very disappointing. The Ponta Area area is small, there are a few forro/reggae places aropund that were very busy the Sunday afternoon/nighttime.

How long have you been there? There were a few *****s in the Reviver Centro area, but pretty dirty/rough looking. A few taxi drivers told me of several strip clubs, can't remember the names but they are away from the centre. Like I said, pretty low scale for pussy, I think all the top bitches will take a bus down to Fortaleza where they have a target rich enviroment@!I've been here for just a couple days, so I haven't really checked out much yet. I did see a few *****s in the Reviver area ranging from ugly to not bad. I will have to see tonight how much they are, but I wouldn't pay more than R50 here personally. Also I will have to ask a taxi driver to take me to a couple of the strip clubs and see what they are like.

It doesn't seem like there's much going on here, but I have to admit there are a few good qualities of this town. For one thing, this may be one of the safest cities I've ever been to in Brasil; not once walking around at night have I felt in any danger at all. It's almost like I'm in another country. Also, the people here are the most friendly I've met in Brasil (unlike Rio, where everyone tries to rip you off). But as far as mongering is concerned, this probably isn't the place for that. I guess I will end my vacation early and head back to Rio on Monday.

KnifeFish
07-22-05, 00:23
Check out Ponta Area Sunday afternoon, very busy but a little rowdy. Those joints on the road next to the beach run all day upto at least midnight.

The malls are pretty crappy also, very little talent.

Maybe Friday/Sat night will be better? You have to let us know.

For whats on try this site;

http://saoluis.kamaleao.com/

J Wadd
07-22-05, 00:46
I've been to a lot of cities in Brasil -- and every one has at least an o.k. scene. I haven't been to S.L, but one wy to figure out the city is to ask taxi drivers (not just one -- at least 5 or so) on the best clubs in town.

Put a little effort into it and I am sure you can find some of the best sex of your life. The nice thing about the small/less-popular cities is that you save money, get much less attitude, and best, the girls aren't (as likely to be) jaded.

Happy Hunting,
JWadd

P.S. I want to go here someday -- so if you could at least do the taxi Q&A, I'd appreciate it. Also, try Sperto's post below for an orientation.

Ezinho
07-22-05, 16:20
Well I'll be damned, it took two taxi drivers and a hooker from Belém that works at Playboss boite, but I actually found out that there are at least 6 or 7 *****houses here in São Luis! I usually don't post trip reports in the Rio section because, quite frankly, who the hell wants to hear about getting a BBBJ at Monte Carlo for the milllionth time? But there is so little info on São Luis that I think a trip report is warranted.

Anyways, met up with a taxi driver named Marcelo, and after talking to him for a little bit about the scene in São Luis, he said he would take me to a few of the better-known boites in the city. Its important to point out that almost all of the good casas are far from the cento area in São Luis, but luckily the cabs here are less expensive than in Rio, so you should only pay about R15 or so one way. If you're with a few buddies, you should only have to pay 4-5 Reais or so each to get there.

After about 15 minutes or so we arrived at an area with three boites, Playboss (the only one I spent money at, and the best of the three IMHO) Privé and Climax, as well as a couple of love motels closeby. Marcelo mentioned that Playboss has the best women of the three; I agree, but of course that is just an opinion YMMV. Went inside Playboss and found out that it is a house that has been converted into a brothel. The house was actually quite nice, very nice landscaping, nice garden with chairs and tables all around, with a pole in the middle for the strip show. When I arrived, around 7:30, I was the only person there, and most of the girls were showering and getting ready for the night. They did not have a strip show yesterday, but I was told they have strip shows on Fridays nights. Sat down and ordered a beer and was soon approached by a girl named Pamela, from Belém. She was actually quite attractive, 23 and cute face with braces. After being in Fortaleza and then coming to Saõ Luis, it had been a while since I had seen an attractive female lol. We stated talking and I asked her about the prices. She explained that it was R50 for 1 hour of sex, plus R20 for the room. At this point she could tell I was interested, but I told her I wanted to wait to see the other girls before I decide what I wanted to do. To my suprise, she smiled and said no problem! If this was Rio I would have been given the pressure sale of the century lol.

So, waited a couple hours there just drinking a couple of beers and talking to Pamela. Like I said she is from Belém, but comes to São Luis to work because she is unable to in Belém; she doesn´t want friends, family etc. to know what she does, and so since São Luis is the closest city ( 8 hrs or so by bus), she comes here to work. As we were talking, I noticed more girls starting to come out of their rooms. Overall the selection wasn't anything special, mostly average looking girls, a few ugly ones, but a couple hot ones too. I noticed one with a smoking body pole dancing (with her clothes on) and asked about here. Turns out she is from Belém too. In fact most of the girls that work there are not from São Luis, but from surrounding cities and states (its impotant to point out too that the ugliest girls at Playboss were from São Luis!)

As it got later in the evening, more clients started coming in, all Brasilians. Pamela mentioned that most of them don´t take a girl there, just come to drink a couple beers, grab a cheap feel and then go home. By this time I wanted to take Pamela to the room, so that I could go and check out some other places that Marcelo had mentioned. I asked her if she knew any other boites in São Luis as well, and she said sure 4 or 5 more! She started to rattle off the names of the Bairros, but I had not heard of them before, so I pulled out my map and asked her to circle where they are! I told her I will have to check them out, and so she called me a safado.

Anyways, in the room: the room was clean, nothing special, double bed and a fan, and a bathroom as well. If this would have been a normal house, I think it probably would have been the guest room or something. We both showered before sex. The sex was good, nothing special but not rushed or anything; she let me do whatever I wanted. After the first pop we went back to the bathroom to shower and since I still had time left, she went to get another condom, so I could go again. Afterwards, I paid the bill (R70 plus a few Reais for the beers) and left.

Once outside, walked down the alley to the other two boites, but didn't see much reason to stay at either. The one called Climax doen´t ever have rooms, so you have to take a girl to one of the local love motels nearby, and pay a bar fine. What was funny about this area of town was that even though it was clearly a red light district (kind of pathetic one, but a red light district none-the-less) it seemed fairly safe. A few young guys on bikes were hanging around outside one of the boites, and I was watching to see if they were going to try something, but they just smiled and said "Boa noite"! I smiled back and kept walking. Also walked by a couple of transvestive street walkers near the boites, and even they were polite! Just shook my head and said "não", and they just went on their way. If this was Rio, they would have followed me down the street lol.

Anyways, Marcelo told me to call him to come pick me up after I was done, but I didn't have a telemar card, and my cell phone only works in the state of Rio de Janeiro, so I had no way to call him. So I just decided to hail a cab. Got in and stated talking to the taxista as he was driving me back to my hotel, and turns out he knows some boites that Marcelo and Pamela didn't even know about! He said the best one is located in Praia do Olha d'Agua, it is called Executivo Clube, and it is the best casa in São Luis because they don't let girls from São Luis work there lol! He said it is more expensive than Playboss, but not that much more. I told him I want to go there tomorrow, since it was already fairly late, and I didn´t have a lot of money on me (no place I went to took credit cards so bring enough cash for the girl, rooms, drinks and the taxi ride to and from).

So thats what I´ve leaned so far about São Luis. It seems like the best boites are hidden very well; Pamela mentioned that I was just the second American she had ever met at Playboss. I have to admit I am liking this city much better than Fortaleza. It is safer, cheaper, and no hussle at all; if anything its almost too laid back! Of course overall, the easiest way to get laid in Brasil is just go to Rio, but it is pretty fun to find these casas that are well hidden, that only locals know about. The service is just as good, if not better than Rio, and it is much, much cheaper. Hopefully I will find out more this weekend and report back.

Prosal
07-28-05, 18:29
Ezinho

Maybe your second taxi driver was right. I also heard that the most upscale boate in Sao Luis was located on Praia do Olho d'Agua.

Very good report, thanks.

Pro

Liucio
07-30-05, 22:25
I hope this place remains a GEM. I mastered this place and I would hate to see it spoiled.

Nothing like RIO. 2 different countries.

1/3 of the price.

I had a small 1 br apartment which I paid R$315 for 30days plus tip to the security guy who was always asleep.

There are many places but you have to ask bar owers to find them.

Panman
09-01-05, 03:41
I just got back from SL last month where I saw the Bumba Meu Boi festival. Best known places to watch it are called "Arraial", where you can get a table, drink cold beer with your garota or friends, and listen to the drum beats as well as checking out local women. The most popular are Arraial Do Shopping (located next to Sao Luis shopping center), Arraial da Lagoa (next to Lagoa da Jansen or Jansen's Lake), Reviver, and Ceprama (most frequented by the local lower class very crowded but safe inside).

Ezinho is right on the money on the 3 *****houses (called boites) Playboss, Prive and Climax. I believe you can never assume Prive and Climax are the worse of all 3, because there's usually a continuous amount of garotas rotating back and forth from Belem to SL trying to earn some cash. Belem women are the majority there and they have that reputation for being sluts and fond of anal sex. I had my best nights with women from Belem.

Prices in all 3 are still the same as 4 years ago. I can come by a little later around 2 to 3 am and bargain the better looking ones to 80 reais and the remaining ugly ones for 50 reais. My brazilian friend can get them down to 40 bucks knowing how to smooth talk so well. The later it is the lower prices drop but there will be more ugly women left out as well. Keep in mind the norm there is 2 hours if you have the steam to last that long. Women like gringos cause they know we go there to get a good fuck while brazilians just spend their time trying to get a free piece of ass for the most part.

The women themselves probably know more about other boites as well as the taxi driver. I went to a place not far from Aracagy beach at the entrace of a bairro called Divineia, same atmosphere as Playboss. There was another one in the bairro of Turu, know for it's luxurious fuck motels, which is owned by the same people that had House Beach in Olho Dagua beach. Monday night, when the boites are closed, you will find alot of garotas from these places hanging out at Olho Dagua beach monday mornings at the bars. Wish I could remember the names of the places, but wouldn't be of much use since they usually change locations every year. If I remember, I'll post them later.

This time I didn't encounter any bad garotas, I made sure to ask before hand if they do BBBJ and anal. Barganing is a must if you're being charged 100 or more, even lowering 10 reais make a huge impact on keeping prices steady. If you're in to it, viagra is easily found at any drugstore named Extrafarma (they're like Mcdonalds one in almost every block), costs were 90 reais for 4 original 50mg pills, which can be split in half.

On The Road
09-07-05, 21:23
I was there last month for more than a week.

If you be in the reviver area, you will find dozen girls. Very different quality, from 4 to 7.
Most of them played the GFE game, asking no money but only being your girlfriend for a period. For the working ones, the normal fare there is 30r$.
I had some good experience there, but be carefull that they can become a little bit jelous.

I had a wanderful double action with two girls, one white girl called Andreia the other mulata girl I don't remember her name. I gave 50r$ each, tip included, for a TLN very long e good session.

I had another double session with two black girl, but I made a mistake. I choose one girl, the most enthusiastic. Then I choose the second girl, not the girl herself.
The second girl played the "2 shots runaway" cheat, while we agreed for a TLN action. The first one said that she would like to remain TLN, but I let both going away. I payed 50r$ the first girl and 30r$ the second one.

To get freelancers, do not go to the Calhau beach nighttime but in any reggae / forrò disco.

In the Olho de Agua beach, even daytime, you will find many many semipro and pro resting for the day, so easy to get them.

We went to the Studio 7 and to the Mama Africa disco, but I wasn't able to find any p4p action, there.

Sao Luis is still a great mongering location, as soon as the international tour operator will discover it!

YMMV, as usual.

IOTR

Liucio
09-08-05, 13:06
I hope no one discovers it. This is my relax area.

Laroche
02-03-06, 19:10
Hello !

Does anyone have current information about Sao Luis?

(clubs, discos, hotels value for money... )

I know Fortaleza & Natal but I have never visited Maranhao.

Thanks beforehand

Ezinho
02-04-06, 23:34
Hello !

Does anyone have current information about Sao Luis?

(clubs, discos, hotels value for money... )

I know Fortaleza & Natal but I have never visited Maranhao.

Thanks beforehand

Don´t really have any current information, but I suggest you check out the three boites that are right next to each other, Playboss, Privé and Climax, just take a cab to one of them and then walk to the other two and check out which boite currently has the best looking girls. The going price was about R50 for an hour or two, if you can go that long. Also I was told the best boite in Sao Luis is called Executivo Clube, it is at Praia D´Olho de Agua, I never got a chance to go inside, but I walked by it in the early afternoon, there is a sign out front, so it´s fairly easy to find. As for non-pros, they´re all over the place, if you speak Portuguese you should have no problem meeting them, they´re not as good looking as girls in other parts of Brasil IMHO, but they´re still pretty cute overall. There is a club called Studio 7 or something like that, it is probably the nicest dance club in Sao Luis. Hotels are also very cheap, I stayed at the Hotel Lord in Reviver and paid R35 a night, breakfast included, granted the room didn´t have A/C or a TV, but I only used the room for sleeping, so it didn´t bother me. Overall I had a good time in Sao Luis, hope I can visit again someday, before it is ruined by charter flights from Europe like Fortaleza has been!

Prosal
02-05-06, 11:22
hotels value for money..

I strongly recommand the Pousada dos Frances, a tastefully restored colonial house, close from the Projeto Reviver. Bright rooms with wooden floors, nice views, ect.

Pro

Ranocchio
02-05-06, 15:59
Please guys, any informations about the climate and the beaches and "barachas" in Sao Luis?

I will fly to Brasil on october or november, I tryed Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador de Bahia, but in the next trip, I wish try a new location. I love the climate of Fortaleza: 25-30 grade with wind. Sao Luis is similar or not?

Thanks

Secret80
07-16-06, 22:04
I'm going to São Luís for 15 days, by the end of this month. Well, holiday charter flights from Europe have just started this summer, so I guess many changes are going to happen to this town.

Could someone indicate a cheap and nice apartment to rent??

I'm going to stay on a hotel, but I'd prefer an apartment for my hobby. So, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Ezinho
11-26-06, 01:02
I was going through my carry-on luggage and found the map I used when I was in São Luis last year. This was the map that I had the girl I screwed at Playboss boite circle the areas where the *****houses were located. I probably should have included this with my trip report last year, but oh well, better late than never. Hopefully it might help some one headed to São Luis:

1. Forquilha: This is where the three main boites are located, as well as a couple of love motels. Choperia Marcelo is also in the area which had some working girls.

2. Habitacional Turu: I never checked out this area, but the GdP mentioned that there were a couple high-end casas located in that area.

3. Praia do O'lho de Agua: This is where Executivo Clube is located, right on the beach. There is/was a sign out in front to help you find it. Some of the GdPs also hung out at this part of the beach on their days off.

Hopefully some brave travelers will venture to São Luis in the future and check out some of these places; the city really is an undiscovered gem.

...then again, maybe it's better no one visits, lol!

Brugal8
12-01-06, 17:06
I have some new infos on this city that I'm going to post later today.

Brazil is a huggggggggeeeeee country with decent to excellent mongering is almost every city. Let's explore more mongers.

Brugal8
12-01-06, 20:19
As promised, here is the info:

Let me start with info only well known by the locals:

Puteiro do Oscar Frota:

This is a low calss establishment located in centro next to mercado central the majority of girls are ugly and fat but occasionally you can find something of good quality.

Choperia do Cabão e Choperia Marcelo:

These two are big pen air bars where the majority of girls present are prostitutes.

Pop Center:

Shopping Center where you can find some garotas de programas.

Beaches:

All the bars around the beaches have girls willing to please.
At the restaurante Maracangalha you have very good looking girls.

Jornal O Estado do Maranhão:

This is the local journal where on the classifieds you can find some girls.

Now to the real tourist monger scene which has been mentioned on this board:

There is some kind of a red light district in Sao Luis (any taxi driver will get you there by mentioning the places) that have 3 places:

Playboss (This is the one that had the best level but still check the opther 2)

Prive

Climax

The best place in town is located in Praia do Olha d'Agua and it is called Executivo Clube, this is high class and I don't think they let local girls work there (check it out!!).

There is another place not far from Aracagy beach at the entrace of a bairro called Divineia, same atmosphere as Playboss, not bad.

In habitacional or barrio Turu it is true what our friends Ezinho says the
high-end casas are located in that area there are two that I know of:
Rosana Drinks which is reputed to be the best club in Sao Luis and I also know about boite Lamour which also has good looking girls.
Both places have prices around r$200 but you can always negotiate for less.

One thing about these places is that they don't have a regular schedule which means that they do not stay open for long. So go around midnight to have a nice selection to choose from.

After the clubs close the girls go to the bars that are located on the beach area.

Most of the info should be 100% accurate since it is from middle 2005- 2006 so anything that could need correction mongers will take care of that.

Let's discover Brazil as a whole (it is a HUUGGEE country with a surplus of fine women)

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:44
Hello !!
SL is not a monger heaven, it is not so easy to find garotas, but it is very cheap !! I payed 25-40 Reais ST, that is cheap !!! The two places were i found the girls was in the Praça in the historical center there were streetwalkers infront of the church (photo), and Bar Sao Sebastiao (photo).
Bar Sao Sebastiao and other bars in thet area is very low class , it is like Vila Mimosa in Rio !!! It is about 2 km south from Praça.
I fucked 6 different Garotas total 14 times in one week, se the following photos.

BL

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:49
I found this girl in Praça, she is 21 years old and very sweet ,little body around 40 kg !

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:51
More of Garota nr.1

BL

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:54
This girl is from Bar Sao Sebastiao, not bad !!!

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:56
Another one from Bar Sao Sebastiao, 25 Reais !!!

ButtLover
01-02-07, 20:59
Garota nr.4 is from Praça 40 reais

ButtLover
01-02-07, 21:01
Garota nr.5 is from Praça aswell, very nice Butt !!!

BL

George90
01-03-07, 16:10
Great report, BL. Very nice photos!

I have not yet been to Sao Luis but hope to one day. Can you tell us more about the city, such as the hotels, the beaches, etc.

ButtLover
01-03-07, 17:12
Hi !
I didnt saw a single tourist (exept from SouthAmericans) during my stay in SL.
That was a little bit exciting, the girls was not used with turists, not a single girl tried to cheat me on money, i dont think i was paying more then the locals . The girls seems to be very honest.
I lived north of the old city which i visited twice a day ,so i spent a lot of money on taxis. I recommend that you live in the old city, there is a Hotel-Lord Hotel right were the "action" is.
My hotel was about 6km north of the old city but the beach was not so good there, I didnt visit the other beaches because of the pretty long distance, i recommend that you rent a car if you are going to visit them frequently,
I never visited the "red light district" were the boates is. the location is not central.
There are lots of Pousadas and motel "amore" were you can take the girls, in front of the churce were the Streetwalkers stands (from 8 pm) there are two pousadas, 10 reais for a couple of houres+ 30 for the chica--not bad !!

BL

Sperto
01-22-07, 21:59
Bar Sao Sebastiao and Puteiro do Oscar Frota is the same place. Next to Mercado Central. About 8 bars with GPs in one block.
Prices: from R$ 10/hour
Room: R$ 5
Girls: More than 50 girls working there.
Quality: Very bottom-low. I guess if you´re lucky you might find something nice. I made a hard try but couldn´t find anything that interested me.

Definitely better to take a SW in Reviver. Just stay around Bar Antigamente or on the Praça next to Catedral da Sé. Prices from R$ 30.

If you stay in Sao Luis on a Sunday don´t miss going to the forró! Start the evening at Chopperia Beira Mar. Then you go 100 meters to Chopperia Kabão. Here you will have to pay R$ 3 to enter, but this includes a 600 ml beer. Finally you go 300 meters on to Forró do Arlindo, R$ 2 to enter.

These places are crowded on Sundays with girls that will flirt their eyes out with you, hand out phonenumbers and just come up and kiss you. It´s very funny, because all women, no matter of how old they are, how goodlooking or f***ing ugly they are, even if they have boyfriends next to them, will do this. It´s a very easy way to get some p***y for free. :)

Prosal
02-12-07, 18:05
Here's a pic of a sweetie from Sao Luis, met in Projeto Reviver. Not a stunner, but a hot and nice girl indeed.

I second mestre Sperto. The bars in Reviver and the forro spots on Ponta d'Area and Calhau beaches are definitely the places to go in Sao Luis to pick up freebies or semi-pros.

Pyjama
07-08-07, 13:05
Any news about SL?

I'm just thinking about a trip to Sao Luis. Yesterday my travel agent could offer me some cheap flights to Rio, but only ridiculously expensive connections to the north-east. So I wonder if I should travel back all the way to Forta and then on to SL. Originally my plan was to go from Forta to Belem, to discover some new places. But now this would also include travelling to the north as well. Don't know if it's worth the hassle...

But if I did, I wonder where to find these forro places you mentioned like Chopperia Beira Mar, Chopperia Kabão, and Forró do Arlindo. But what do you mean by meeting a girl in "projeto reviver"? Is this just to say "in centro"?

Thanks a lot
Pyjama

Prosal
07-08-07, 14:20
But what do you mean by meeting a girl in "projeto reviver"? Is this just to say "in centro"?
Projto Reviver is the colonial renovated neighborhood, a kind of Pelourhino, but nicer and without the touristic shit. There's some very good bars and often open-air concerts.

Centro is not far, behind the Praça Dom Pedro.

If you go to Sao Luis and look for accommodation, I strongly recommand the Pousada dos Frances, located just a bit north of Reviver, a nice and cheap place in a beautiful historical building.

George90
07-08-07, 18:52
Any news about SL?

I'm just thinking about a trip to Sao Luis. Yesterday my travel agent could offer me some cheap flights to Rio, but only ridiculously expensive connections to the north-east. So I wonder if I should travel back all the way to Forta and then on to SL. Originally my plan was to go from Forta to Belem, to discover some new places. But now this would also include travelling to the north as well. Don't know if it's worth the hassle...

Thanks a lot
Pyjama

Visiting the Northeast of Brazil is worth the trip!

However, the itinerary your travel agent suggested is not good. Lately TAM has had flights from Miami to Manaus and a connection from Manaus to Fortaleza stopping in Santarem, Belem, Sao Luis and other smaller cities on the coast.

Check into that itinerary. It should be much less expensive than Miami Sao luis via Rio.

Pyjama
07-08-07, 19:20
That's what I call a fast response :-)

@ George:
Miami would be a bit of a detour, I am from good old Europe. But yet this actually might be an alternative.

@ Prosal:
I appreciate your recommendation. Do you have any personal experience with this pousada in terms of how girl friendly they are?

Now I think I really should go for this trip!
Pyjama

ButtLover
07-08-07, 19:41
That's what I call a fast response :-)

@ George:
Miami would be a bit of a detour, I am from good old Europe. But yet this actually might be an alternative.

@ Prosal:
I appreciate your recommendation. Do you have any personal experience with this pousada in terms of how girl friendly they are?

Now I think I really should go for this trip!
Pyjama

Of course you should go !!

I have been there and it is good, and cheap

BL

Prosal
07-09-07, 10:46
No problems to bring back girls in Pousada dos Frances.

The best rooms are the ones with a view on Rio Anil.

Sperto
07-09-07, 12:46
But if I did, I wonder where to find these forro places you mentioned like Chopperia Beira Mar, Chopperia Kabão, and Forró do Arlindo.
Those places are very close to Projeto Reviver, walking distance. You might prefer to take a taxi the first time.

I recommend Lord Hotel. Great location, girl friendly but just about average standard on the rooms. The rooms faxing the square are nicest. You'll have a view over the SWs.

Pyjama
07-09-07, 13:47
..., girl friendly but just about average standard on the rooms.
I have just upgraded my own standards from travelling with a tent (in Europe/Australia) to sleelping in any kind of hotel. So I am sure Lord Hotel would easily satisfy my basic needs - for all the other pleasures I'd try to find some girls to take care about :-))

After all your help I do hope I will actually contribute some news from Sao Luis in about one or two months. If not SL then at least something from Brazil!

Pyjama

Da Kine Kid
10-07-07, 00:52
I'm going to be in Sao Luis for 10 days in late October. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap hotel friendly to hobbyists of our kind. Also, whats the hotel's attitudes towards bringing girls in general?

What's the best area to pick up girls in town? I've found a few promising leads in past postings, but was just wondering if anyone could provide me with some general up to date info.

Sperto
10-07-07, 09:29
I'm going to be in Sao Luis for 10 days in late October. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap hotel friendly to hobbyists of our kind. Also, whats the hotel's attitudes towards bringing girls in general?
What's the best area to pick up girls in town? I've found a few promising leads in past postings, but was just wondering if anyone could provide me with some general up to date info.
All your questions are already answered in this thread. Actually on this page.

- Lord Hotel, cheap and very girl friendly.
- Pick up girls in Projeto Reviver.

Well, scroll down the page...

Pyjama
11-16-08, 21:52
Sorry I never reported.

Actually been there, but left after three days. Met two girls who claimed to be sisters, later took one to my hotel (it was LORD) for a couple of hours. Did anal also, and left leaving her phone number - but did not want any money. Strange woman... I think it was more like an application so I would accept her for the next days which I did not do.

I made it to one of those beer bars, too (See #56). Aiming at the local men, all seems to be very very basic, mostly ugly women. That little creek outside smells like hell, but once inside the bar it's ok. Great fun sitting there and just watching. Screwed one slim black girl in a room nearby for 10 reals.

Make sure you take the boat across the bay to visit Alcantara, one of the oldest places in Brazil.

Pyjama

PS: Any news about what's going on in 2008?
PSS: Pussy was a Fortaleza girl. Might have posted before

FoxesHunter
03-30-09, 22:29
Hi, I'd prefer an apartment for my hobby but if the hotel has a good and wide room it is ok. At Pousada dos Frances is a room wider than at Lord hotel? How much wider?
I know Pousada dos Frances has also apartments. Do you know its price?
I think Lord hotel is better located, is it true?
thanks for some info

Pyjama
03-30-09, 23:21
Lord Hotel was reasonably cheap, about 35 R$ per night. No problem to bring in a girl. But the room was small and hot like hell, expect humidity to be very high.
I think I have passed by Pousado do Frances, but can't remember the exact place. But can't have been too far as I always walked around.

Prosal
03-31-09, 08:59
I think I have passed by Pousado do Frances, but can't remember the exact place. But can't have been too far as I always walked around.
Pousada dos Frances is about 10 minutes walking from Projeto Reviver, but still in a pure colonial area. It's near the famous "Fonte do Ribeiro". Location is quite cool as it's also two minutes to Av Beira Mar where one can catch buses to the beaches.

Lord Hotel is a dump, can't agree more. I wasn't able to spend more than one night there.

BTW if (hum ..when) I'll go back to Sao Luis I will definitely stay in Pousada Portas da Amazonia. Not cheap, but assuredly a place where I could easily spend a few weeks. :)

www.portasdaamazonia.com.br

PS : FH, Pousada dos Frances has no apartments. It's a hotel. I don't know where you got this info but it's BS.

Pyjama
03-31-09, 13:27
I will definitely stay in Pousada Portas da Amazonia.
How about our dear female guests? Are they girlfriendly?

FoxesHunter
03-31-09, 14:27
PS : FH, Pousada dos Frances has no apartments. It's a hotel. I don't know where you got this info but it's BS.

I have read the news here:
http://www.packtours.com.br/dest/maranhao/slz/htl/pousadafrances/index.htm

Could you tell me if in Pousada dos Frances there are air-conditioned rooms?
Pousada Portas da Amazonia is a good hotel amd .... I think very well situated:
http://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g673267-d672047-Reviews-Pousada_Portas_da_Amazonia-Sao_Luiz_de_Maranhao_State_of_Maranhao.html
thanks

Sperto
03-31-09, 14:57
There are many hotel options in the Projeto Reviver area in São Luís.
Stay one night in Lord Hotel and look around for a hotel you like.

I like Lord Hotel a lot. Excellent location, very GF and cheap.
The rooms facing the square are the best ones and have a nice view over the square (often a couple of SW patroling the square).

Prosal
03-31-09, 15:18
I have read the news here: http://www.packtours.com.br/dest/maranhao/slz/htl/pousadafrances/index.htm
It's a translation misunderstanding. When a brasilian hotel mentions "apartamentos", it means rooms. Not apartments as the english version of this site mentions.

Yeah, Pousada dos Frances has air-conditioned rooms.

You're right, Pousada da Amazonia has a fantastic location, right in the heart of Reviver. It's the most upscale option in colonial Sao Luis.

Once more, Lord is a real dump. No wonder why Sperto appreciates the place.

FoxesHunter
03-31-09, 15:19
Stay one night in Lord Hotel and look around for a hotel you like.

I like Lord Hotel a lot. Excellent location, very GF and cheap.
The rooms facing the square are the best ones and have a nice view over the square (often a couple of SW patroling the square).

Thanks a lot for your suggestion but in Lord hotel does every room have an air-conditioner?

FoxesHunter
03-31-09, 15:46

Shure, there are also Hotel Pousada Colonial and Pousada Internacional very well situated but I wonder if all thos hotels are very GF. ;)

Sperto
03-31-09, 16:01
Thanks a lot for your suggestion but in Lord hotel does every room have an air-conditioner?
If the rooms don't have AC they have a fan.

Once more, Lord is a real dump. No wonder why Sperto appreciate the place.
Prosal, if you manage to get laid you might calm down.
If not try this button:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101592

Prosal
03-31-09, 17:11
If not try this button:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101592
Again ? :rolleyes:

Such refined humor, unrestrained imagination and literate rhetoric.

Mindlessness. No wonder why you hit it off better with faveladas involved in low-end prostitution than with top-notch non-pros. ;)

Sperto
03-31-09, 17:35
No wonder why you hit it off better with faveladas involved in low-end mass prostitution than with top-notch non-pros.
Prosal, I can see that you havn't changed. Still a loser that hates women.

Let us keep the section free of shit-throwing posts.

Subaculture
03-31-09, 18:45
Its a town I really like. Its really safe compared to Salvador, the old town is really cool and its full of greater reggae places/ live rock bands (many of whom do great covers). As for accommodation, lots of tourist 'heritage' guesthouses but if you touch around the roads surrounding the historic centre, you will find short time hotels (per hour). I was a cheap charlie and stayed in a hostel and took a lady to the ST hotel. In the town centre, lots of ladies will approach you...although they were not welcome in some restaurants, outdoor cafes.

They can be a GFE and some are rather 'too good at English' and want to hang around with you..they can be fun for a few drinks and a club but will seek you out at you hotel if you tell them. Giving its a quite historic centre, they easily track you down!!

Still, I heard you really need to leave the centre and go into the commercial district (across the bridge) to find monger places/working class discos. The girls in the historic parts travel in especially and seek out punters..Good memories, especially the large group of Goth kids who scared the bejayus out of me one night in the centre.

FoxesHunter
03-31-09, 19:14
I know in Belem there are many travestite or shemales, could you tell me if in Sao Luis are too? Is tehere a worry to run into them?
Thanks for some info

Azmitgom
12-21-09, 22:01
On Sunday afternoon there's a pagode band playing on Calhau beach, at barraca "espuma do mar". Many pro or semi-pros around.

Later on, and in walking distance, don't miss the "Pirata" forrò disco.

Inspired from Fortaleza's Pirata, it's much more natural, no tourists, younger crowds, lots of girls wanting to have fun before starting work on Monday morning.

Had fun and got drunk.

Da Kine Kid
01-23-11, 07:45
I'm heading back to the island and around the Northeast in general for a visit of a few weeks in April and noticed info was sparse here and elsewhere (gpguia). Does anyone who's been there lately have any updates on the GDP scene there? I'll be staying with family while there, so am particularly interested in the quicker, more discrete options (casa style spots, street scene) that I can partake in for the few moments I can get away.

I did notice some decent street action potential in Projeto Revivir around Bar Porto as well as a few obvious punters there with garotas while I was there, but couldn't indulge as I was with company those times.

What are the going street / casa prices? I see on the other site that escort style garotas off the internet sites are in the 200-400 real range. Kind of steep, that's like US prices where I live.

Is Rosana Drinks (that bar in Turu where a lot of GDPs hang out) still going strong?

Henry R
02-20-11, 08:16
I am thinking of visiting Sao Luis, Maranhao, sometime in the future.

(1) Am I correct in thinking that I can meet some pros or semi-pros in some of the forro places mentioned in this forum? If not, can you mention some places? (I am older so scoring with a non-pro would be difficult).
Any discos, bars, dance clubs or casas with some decent looking programa girls? Please name them.

(2) Also, any good beaches for swimming in Sao Luis?

(3) Also, any white sand beaches that look nice, and where you can also swim?

Da Kine Kid
05-07-11, 02:17
Guys,

I just got back from Sao Luis a week ago and thought I'd share my experiences and observations with you all.

For starters, if you're a decent looking guy under 40 or so, can speak some decent Portuguese and have a bit of game (if you can dance, HUGE advantage) , you should have no problem getting laid here with your own skills and a bit of luck. I had a streak of 5 consecutive days where I scored with 6 girls that kicked off with a threesome with a couple piriguetes I met in Centro and joked with and romanced for a couple hours over a few cervejas.

Granted, I had a bit of a built-in social network, as I have friends and family there, but this should give you an idea of the possibilities if you apply yourself. This is the Northeast, not the South and the girls are a lot more laid back and easy to talk to and joke around with. Pirata's on the beach is a great club to meet regular girls at, as well as most of the other ones around Lagoa de Jansen.

I think I recall members in the past here and on other boards remarking about the strip club Rosana Drinks being a dive. If that was ever the case in the past, it most assuredly is NOT now.

Guys, this is simply the best and most reliable option for P4P in the city. It looks like they recently renovated the club, and it's actually quite nice and chic inside with live strip shows going on at all times. I counted about 20 girls at the bar available, IMHO, they ranged from 6-9 in looks, and like most girls in this city, all had a really great attitude and would have been a great pull. I was doing well on my own at the boates, so didn't partake of any of the girls there on this trip, but I most definitely would, if need be. For reference, I chatted with a bunch of them, and they all charge between 200-300 reiais for a session, though I'm not sure on the details as far as time, multiple pops, etc.

I saw a lot of very obvious, though low-scale girls hanging around Projeto Revivir, particularly around the Bar do Porto area, for those guys who are interested in the street scene. Not sure about price, as I was with other people and couldn't inquire.

Any other questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jan 156
12-07-12, 13:48
I stayed at the Lord Hotel earlier this year and would probably do so again, though it has to be approached with disclaimers. The advantages include (a) it is shit-cheap, ( b) it probably always has rooms, ( c) it is in the middle of the most beautiful area of Sao Luis (the historic area) , ( d) there are SWs on tap that vary from ugly to attractive, (e) the staff are almost as laid back as residents Bahia (ie very). All of this is in contrast with the other areas of Sao Luis that I have visited.

The downside is that most of the rooms are fairly shit as well, but if you can handle that the advantages will outweigh the disadvantage.

For somewhere more in the modern universe, the Ibis on the other hand has everything you expect from an Ibis hotel, plus it is near the beach.

Prosal
12-07-12, 19:16
I stayed at the Lord Hotel earlier this year.The Pousada dos Frances is much nicer than the Lord, which is a dump (I personally haven't be able to spend more than one night there) , and not much more expensive. It's in a beautiful historical building, with wooden-floor rooms facing Rio Anil. It's about 10 minutes walking to Projeto Reviver, but still in a pure colonial area, near the famous Fonte do Ribeiro. Location is quite cool as it's also two minutes to Av Beira Mar where one can catch buses to the beaches.

Pousada Portas the Amazonia is the nicest place to stay in the historic center. Not cheap though.

www.portasdaamazonia.com.br

Golfinho
12-08-12, 14:28
The Pousada dos Frances is much nicer than the Lord, which is a dump (I personally haven't be able to spend more than one night there) , and not much more expensive. It's in a beautiful historical building, with wooden-floor rooms facing Rio Anil. It's about 10 minutes walking to Projeto Reviver, but still in a pure colonial area, near the famous Fonte do Ribeiro. Location is quite cool as it's also two minutes to Av Beira Mar where one can catch buses to the beaches.

Pousada Portas the Amazonia is the nicest place to stay in the historic center. Not cheap though.

www.portasdaamazonia.com.brAmazonia is 135 reales for their better room Prozal. Thanks for letting us know your idea of not cheap. BTW, I'm staying there tonite. LOL. Jajaja. (and right next to an Alliance Francaise facsimile). Pousada dos Frances not popular with tripadvisor people for what its worth. As for why someone would travel all the way to somewhere to stay in a dump like the Lord. One of the great mysteries of the frognik mentality.

Prosal
12-08-12, 16:04
BTW, I'm staying there tonite. LOL. Jajaja.Sure. And last week you took the catamaran from Guadeloupe to Martinique. Mythomania is a severe mental desease.

The catamaran from Guadalupe to Martinique that I took today.

Jan 156
12-08-12, 19:56
Amazonia is 135 reales for their better room Prozal. Thanks for letting us know your idea of not cheap. BTW, I'm staying there tonite. LOL. Jajaja. (and right next to an Alliance Francaise facsimile). Pousada dos Frances not popular with tripadvisor people for what its worth. As for why someone would travel all the way to somewhere to stay in a dump like the Lord.I agree Amazonia is much 'nicer'. And 135 is a good price. Is it gf though? Didn't look like to me. (I'm sure you could drag anything into the Lord and they wouldn't even notice). Personally I'm not convinced of the value of travelling to Sao Luis for anything (other than Bumba-Meu-Boi). But flights are good and it gives you access to other places. The Lord is cheap. Much cheaper than anywhere else. And, surprisingly, after I had got over my initial shock, it does have some charm. It's like a place that time forgot. You might not agree, but several people have found the same. Amazonia is as touristy as it gets. But good to have several hotels listed so people can pick and choose. And also have a back-up if need be. So thanks for mentioning Amazonia. Let's keep it to info rather than having a go at each other's tastes. The board is for everyone.

I look forward to your update on SL Golfino

Sperto
12-08-12, 22:39
I agree Amazonia is much 'nicer'. And 135 is a good price. Is it gf though? Didn't look like to me. (I'm sure you could drag anything into the Lord and they wouldn't even notice). Personally I'm not convinced of the value of travelling to Sao Luis for anything (other than Bumba-Meu-Boi). But flights are good and it gives you access to other places. The Lord is cheap. Much cheaper than anywhere else. And, surprisingly, after I had got over my initial shock, it does have some charm. It's like a place that time forgot. You might not agree, but several people have found the same. Amazonia is as touristy as it gets. But good to have several hotels listed so people can pick and choose. And also have a back-up if need be. So thanks for mentioning Amazonia. Let's keep it to info rather than having a go at each other's tastes. The board is for everyone.

I look forward to your update on SL GolfinoI agree with Christopherd. When visiting São Luís I always stayed in Lord. For sure it has seen it's better days, but I can imagine it have been a fancy hotel a long time ago. It still has some "colonial charm". Choose your room well. I prefer the front rooms with the small french balconies. From there you can watch the small parque to see if there are some nice free-lancing GP's waiting in the parque. The price at Lord is very good, the location couldn't be better and it's very GF.

Prosal
12-09-12, 17:35
LOL. Jajaja.By the way, just noticed that you were in Barbados Wednesday. How did you manage to arrive in Sao Luis on Friday? (rolleyes)

On this island now

It must be an interesting journey, I'd be curious to hear about it, as there is no international airport in Sao Luis. The only flight from Barbados to Brasil is operated by Gol, which has a Bridgetown / Sao Paulo flight, but it's solely on Sundays (yeah, I checked, too much time on my hands today) , and anyway it would have been ridiculous to fly 5000 km south to Sao Paulo and then to fly back 3000 km north to Sao Luis.

So you've maybe been from Barbados to Fort de France, then Cayenne, then Macapa, then Belem, and then Sao Luis? Or maybe you've been to Guyana, and then took the bus to Manaus, then flew to Belem and then Sao Luis? Or maybe through Caracas?

That said, you maybe have your own private jet.

Golfinho
12-09-12, 17:41
When visiting São Luís I always stayed in Lord. For sure it has seen it's better days, but I can imagine it have been a fancy hotel a long time ago.You could go half a block in either direction and find something for 40 reales a night. The Lord is now 85 or 100 for a double, girlfriend friendly as they come. Suppose it all comes down to your budget, although and I guess its an opinion: in for a dollar, in for a dime. As for the scene, be glad to respond by p. M, frogniks included.

<<I can imagine it have been a fancy hotel a long time ago

A great imagination is essential in this town. But,"fancy"? Located next to best restaurant the best thing. Sign in Lord indicates 1962 opening (reviver). They call this brokendown, abandoned commercial zone "centro historico" and funds committed from the initiative to build museums / cultural espace to promote tourism. Has a ways to go to reach critical mass though. Lot of action at night to suit most tastes.

Jan 156
12-09-12, 18:23
The Lord is now 85 or 100 for a doubleYou are maybe reading it off their website. I can't imagine them charging that when you walk in unless you have dollars tattooed on your forehead. I've just checked. I paid 65Rs a night for casal including breakfast and that was only a few months ago.

So, Golfino, do you care to answer the other poster, who has pointed out that you are posting on many forums saying you have been in places on successive nights that are several continents apart? I can't make much sense of your travel routes. Care to tell us your itinerary? It sounds 'interesting' to say the least.

Prosal
12-09-12, 18:37
So, Golfino, do you care to answer the other poster, who has pointed out that you are posting on many forums saying you have been in places on successive nights that are several continents apart? I can't make much sense of your travel routes. Care to tell us your itinerary? It sounds 'interesting' to say the least.I've caught Golfinho red-handed of BSing about train journeys that he allegedly did, so it would be actually interesting to hear him about this weird Barbados / Sao Luis journey.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?665-Tbilisi&p=1354612&viewfull=1#post1354612

Golfinho
12-09-12, 20:34
You are maybe reading it off their website. I can't imagine them charging that when you walk in unless you have dollars tattooed on your forehead. I've just checked. I paid 65Rs a night for casal including breakfast and that was only a few months ago.

So, Golfino, do you care to answer the other poster, who has pointed out that you are posting on many forums saying you have been in places on successive nights that are several continents apart? I can't make much sense of your travel routes. Care to tell us your itinerary? It sounds 'interesting' to say the least.I took a photo, if you want can post for you, of the prices in Lord Hotel.

Travel routes: POS to Paramaibo on Caribbean. Paramaibo to Belem on Air Surinam. By the way, new terminal in POS and Paramaibo since I was last there several years' ago, bit more civilized. TAM to SLZ. Hardly interesting. More questions?

Golfinho
12-09-12, 20:41
It must be an interesting journey, I'd be curious to hear about it, (yeah, I checked, too much time on my hands today) , and anyway it would have been ridiculous to fly 5000 km south to Sao Paulo.Ridiculous indeed, mon cher. Try skyscanner.com. It'll save you some time. If you ever get the wherewithall to actually travel. Wouldn't want to be neglecting that bottlecap collection. [roll eyes] feel better?

Prosal
12-10-12, 15:21
Amazonia is 135 reales for their better room Prozal.Just for the record, I sent an email yesterday at Pousada Porta das Amazonia. Here is the answer. Hmm. Either you have great negociation skills, either you are BSing us.

Hello,

We have availability next week. Superior room cost 209, 00 + 5% (iss). Deluxe room cost 235, 00 +5% (iss). Attention we don't have many vacancies. I hope your answer.

Sincerely,

SILNARA REIS.

Departamento de Reservas.

Turismo, Eventos & Hospitalidade.

Pousada Portas the Amazônia São Luís.

"Simples, charmosa e aconchegante"

Rua do Giz. 129, 65010-680. Centro Histórico.

Tel / Fax: +55 98 3182 8787/3182 8789.

Golfinho
12-10-12, 17:05
Just for the record, I sent an email yesterday at Pousada Porta das Amazonia. Here is the answer. Hmm. Either you have great negociation skills, either you are BSing us.Either you have too much time on your hands or you're determined to be my personal groupie. How very flaattering, mon cher.

As Christopherd pointed out about hotel pricing and rack rates, I hope you were paying attention. If you're not, you should be using agoda. Com. But evidently you don't travel much. Portadasamozonas was (is) 53 USD, payable in cash or 135 reales. That's agoda. Com and that's what I paid and let them do the negotiating.

http://www.agoda.com/south_america/brazil/sao_luis/pousada_portas_da_amazonia_hotel.html?asq=MIE8qmmYbzIjQycSr5ZQNWMudsoYBk8xov3Nmlc9ZiWyIVaSVA%2fg5qpNRHy67x5qPovR0pYcV60DJ9g%2b5wJRDFJnGq4wGYRXJxhl4sUo6tIKwrN%2bnVhBi9r3gJGxorgimCONWC%2bxuVZVlPhBLjS2QegdXARRX%2fRYmqIGXnV2gDMA%2fmbqHseG%2bYWwCs7tg5DXQdv4oLZ7fPKbq2bK%2bXMLMw%3d%3d&tyra=1|1

Golfinho
12-11-12, 01:28
Just for the record, I sent an email yesterday at Pousada Porta das Amazonia. Here is the answer. Hmm. Either you have great negociation skills, either you are BSing us.Either you have great skills in ignoring reality or you have become obsessed by someone who does what you can only fantasize about. Whatever, not here to diagnose you, mon cher. Upon confirmation, a voucher was received from the Pousada: rate for the better room was 135 reales. If you insist on subjecting yourself to further embarrassment and wasting yet more bandwith, I'll be glad to post the voucher. Otherwise, the important thing to note here by right thinking people is: avoid rack rate rip-offs and use agoda. Com.

Prosal
12-11-12, 11:19
But evidently you don't travel much.Admittedly, I now don't really feel the need to travel halfway around the world to fuck one-track mind goldiggers, piranhas or prostitutes, as I have so many Russian GFs visiting me in Paris (on their own account) all year-round that I can't even juggle with.

Anyway, a tip to back up your "reports" (apart from agoda and skyscanner) about your alleged travels. On apontator dot com, you will find everything you need to know about nightlife in Sao Luis, and more globally in Brasil. (rolleyes)

Waiting for your pics.

Prosal
12-11-12, 11:38
But evidently you don't travel much.First time I was in Sao Luis was in 1998 by the way, and I made the very first report on this thread when Jackson created ISG.

Golfinho
12-11-12, 20:07
First time I was in Sao Luis was in 1998 by the way, and I made the very first report on this thread when Jackson created ISG.Good for you! Only a decade more after I was first in Brazil, but understandably not everyone is able to achieve financial independence at young age. And not everyone has such unfortunate experience in Brazil as you to fuck one-track mind goldiggers, piranhas or prostitutes. As for Russia (while I don't disagree with you) , haven't you gone on enough about it on Brazil threads? Or is just browbeating, boasting, bragging, bullying and begrudgeing just your natural way of behaving.

Prosal
12-13-12, 13:46
just browbeating, boasting, bragging, bullying and begrudgeing just your natural way of behaving.Well, you are admittedly much more skilled than me skilled for venimous diatribes, sarcasm and scorful assertions (your main occupation here, beside alleged travels) , so I won't add verbal escalation to your BS.

Maybe, instead of spending your precious time to argue, you could put real added-value information about Sao Luis, I mean not a pot-pourri of things that you have found on internet or on older posts here? Some news about the current best beach bars (is Zanzibar on Calhau beach still "in"?) , the best spots in Reviver, an analytical overview of nightlife, an elaborate list of current trendy clubs, ect, would be great. Also don't hesitate to post entertaining narratives, self-reflexions about the different scenes available, tactical considerations for non-pro dating and observations about Sao Luis girls psyche, funny accounts featuring lots of caipirinhas and poon, ect. It would be more productive than your venom.

How come you haven't spent a few days in Belem by the way, as you've (allegedly) arrived in Brasil by there? How someone can have no desire to stop in the City of Mangos (maybe the most culturally interesting city in Brasil) is beyond me.

Good for you! Only a decade more after I was first in Brazil, but understandably not everyone is able to achieve financial independence at young age.Hmm. Obviously you have difficulties to read. I said that 98 was the year when I first was in Sao Luis, not in Brasil. FYI, for almost five years in the early 90's, I have been at least three times a year in Club Med Itaparica. No need to be ironic, to each its own. Club Med in Brasil was at this period a poon and party paradise (and a heavenly place on the best beach of the island) , with more horny upmarket Paulistas, Cariocas and Argentinas chicks that a skilled guy can deal with.

Golfinho
12-20-12, 20:15
\Also don't hesitate to post entertaining narratives, self-reflexions about the different scenes available, tactical considerations for non-pro dating and observations about Sao Luis girls psyche, funny accounts featuring lots of caipirinhas and poon, ect.Want to dictate mon petit Napoleon, sounds like you need to start your website.

Prosal
12-24-12, 12:37
Want to dictate mon petit Napoleon, sounds like you need to start your website.Well, no need, happily there is on ISG good added-value posters who ACTUALLY travel and post entertaining and well-written reports and stories. Admittedly, if all members were like you and posted solely polemical BS about imaginery trips, the site wouldn't be of high added-value. Learn from DD per exemple.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?981-General-Info&p=684098&viewfull=1#post684098

Golfinho
12-30-12, 17:50
You are maybe reading it off their website. I can't imagine them charging that when you walk in unless you have dollars tattooed on your forehead. I've just checked. I paid 65Rs a night for casal including breakfast and that was only a few months ago.Reading it on the rate chart posted on the wall behind the reception desk. Note the difference in price posted in room."it is 'old price. ' " as shabby as this hotel is, any price is too much, if you can imagine.

Kojak1
05-04-13, 12:47
I agree Amazonia is much 'nicer'. And 135 is a good price. Is it gf though? Didn't look like to me. (I'm sure you could drag anything into the Lord and they wouldn't even notice). Personally I'm not convinced of the value of travelling to Sao Luis for anything (other than Bumba-Meu-Boi). But flights are good and it gives you access to other places. The Lord is cheap. Much cheaper than anywhere else. And, surprisingly, after I had got over my initial shock, it does have some charm. It's like a place that time forgot. You might not agree, but several people have found the same. Amazonia is as touristy as it gets. But good to have several hotels listed so people can pick and choose. And also have a back-up if need be. So thanks for mentioning Amazonia. Let's keep it to info rather than having a go at each other's tastes. The board is for everyone.

I look forward to your update on SL GolfinoWas in São Luis last week and stayed there for R$100 per night through Agoda. Nice hotel, but my room had no windows. Good breakfast but spotty wifi. Hung around reviver and met a local girl that I brought back. No questions asked or I'd check and was charged an extra R$30 since I was booked in as a single person. Other than reviver, there is a forró place that is packed Friday through Sunday called Kabão that's a R$10 taxi from reviver. Sundays after 4pm there is a good reggae place called chama maré at ponta the'areia. Didn't really see any p4p there but I got lucky to have an instant gf for the weekend.

Sperto
01-08-15, 19:47
There has been som discussions regarding the prices at Lord Hotel.
The prices for single rooms are:
Room with AC and bathroom, R$85, with a discount R$75.
Room with ventilator and bathroom, R$70, with a discount R$65.
Room with ventilator and shared bathroom, R$50.
Bringing a girl to your room cost R$15 extra.

I've always stayed at lord Hotel when in So Luis. Great location, very GF and a nice feeling of old colonial hotel. I arrived at Lord Hotel last night. First I thought it was closed. No Hotel sign on the outside and totally dark on the inside. A reception guy opened. Welcome to ghost hotel. I feel sorry for the reception guy, he must be the dumbest guy in Maranho. Finally he managed to show a couple of single rooms with bathrooms. I chose the least ugly one. Lord Hotel has been a bit run-down for several years, but now it's just to much.

My room (which was one of the better ones) had broken light, broken fan, broken furnitures, dirty frigobar, tiny towel and big cockroach run up my leg when I took a shower. The mattress was stone hard and seem filled with round stones. I was mad as hell this morning and the morning receptionist showed a half dozen other rooms. All shitty. Lord Hotel is history. No way I'll ever return.

I checked out almost a dozen other hotels/pousadas. There are some cheap R$40 awful places even worse than Lord Hotel, a bunch of motels, some not GF pousadas and some decent but overpriced pousadas.

I chose Pousada do Porto, 150 m up the road from Lord Hotel. Superclean rooms, wonderful beds, AC, flat-TV, frigobar, spotless bathrooms, good wifi and great brekfast. R$80 (with a discount). R$20 extra when GF visits.

Sidenote: At 7.30 this morning I met a girl on the praca outside Lord Hotel. What a sight! Very beautiful, fabulous body, dressed in a weird but sexy outfit and really heavily painted. Looked very sexy and scary. :) A goth girl, maybe even a goth GP.

Sperto
01-09-15, 22:35
Bar São Sebastião alias Puteiro Oscar Frota.
Close to Mercado Central.

More or less 6 bars and several houses with short-time rooms. Located in a smelly alley.
Rough area, so dress down. Everybody was friendly.
A kind of mini-Vila Mimosa, just smellier and rougher.
Open until 7 PM.
About 50 girls working there.
Prices: The majority of the girls ask for R$40-50. Some fuglies ask for R$20. Rooms R$10-15.

Quality of the girls. Out of 50 girls I first only noted 2 doable girls. The majority are fat and ugly. You really need patience and a lot of luck to find something doable here. Also some drug addicts around.
One of the doable girls was a fresh 18 year old cute girl with a nice butt. Unfortunately a fat guy had just chosen her. No way I could be number two. The second doable girl was a cute black girl. Turned out to be too skinny.

I almost gave up my hope to find something nice. I posted myself strategically as always where I could see the new girls arriving. After 15 minutes a black girl arrived. Wow, very hot. Allt the local guys started to eye-f*ck her. I quickly followed her into one of the bars. Interesting girl. in the evening/night she works at one of the expensive stripclubs. Since three days she also works daytime at Oscar Frota to get extra cash. She wanted R$70, but I negotiated down to R$50. R$15 for the room. The room was just about OK.

Karlita: mulatta, 19 years, beautiful face and eyes, strong firm legs, round rock-hard bubblebutt medium size and fantastic tits. Large, very firm natural tits standing straight out in an unreal way. Allows photos, gives wonderful BBBJ, excellent session, very tight and finished with BBBJCIM. She gave me her phone munber. Wanted to go with me tonight to Chopperia Kabão. Won't happen as I don't bring sand to the beach.

Sperto
01-11-15, 14:06
São Luis, update.

* Where to stay: Projeto Reviver.

* Hotel/pousada: See two posts below.

* Sights: Reviver is the historical center. Very interesting.

* Beaches: Praia Calhau has a nice wide beach. Not many people around but good quality on the few girls I met there.
Praia Ponta D'areia is a smaller beach with reggaebars. Popular on Sundays.

* Safety: I found Sao Luis quite safe. However there are many drugaddicts around, crackudos. Lots of police in cars and on bikes at nighttime.

PRO-SCENE:
* Several exclusive stripclubs/puteiros. All far from Reviver. I visited none of those.
* Bar São Sebastiao/Puteiro Oscar Frota: See post below.
* Praça-pro's: There used to be a bunch of SW-pro's hanging around on the Praça in front of the big church. Almost none left.
* Reviver-pro's: There also used to be plenty of SW-pro's strolling around the alleys of Reviver. Very few left.

NON-PRO-SCENE:
* Reviver used to be excellent for meeting non-pro's. The problem now is that Reviver has lost a lot in popularity the last years. Partly because of all the drugaddicts and people feeling unsafe going there. Another reason is that after 10 PM Reviver gets invaded by hords of veados and sapatonas. Quite a ugly scene. The result is that there are much less non-pro potential than it used to have.
* Chopperias: There are a bunch of chopperias after the bus terminal heading in the direction of the fish market. Some of the chopperias I used to like are closed. Chopperia Kabão is one of the most popular. Avoid Thursdays as they only play very slow Bolero and with an average age that is very high. Fridays and Saturdays are better but still not very good. Lots of people but many older women, young fat girls and only a small percentage of hot non-pro girls. Also a dozen of decent pro's.
* My best option this year was going for non-pro's at daytime. I strolled around a lot in Reviver, entering a lot of souvenirshops, museums etc. Several very cute girls works in the shops. Take phonenumbers, date and invite them back to your pousada. I also recommend the guide-girls working at some of the museums. Some hot university students serving as guides. Another option are the brazilian tourist girls. I scored well with the non-pro's in São Luis and I'm very satisfied with my visit. My last night here I spent with a beautiful black waitress with a melon-ass. Only expense was R$5 for her moto-taxi when she left in the morning. :)

Pyjama
01-11-15, 21:59
More or less 6 bars and several houses with short-time rooms. Located in a smelly alley.
Rough area, so dress down. Everybody was friendly.
A kind of mini-Vila Mimosa, just smellier and rougher.
Isn't this the place next to a cloake-like creek? I might have been there some years ago, type of beer bar, I was just sitting around and not too sure about who is working and who is not. Finally ended up with a slim negra who was walking outside. I paid around 10 are. Or was it 10 are for the room? But this was back in 2007.

By the way: Lord Hotel was already run down in 2007, I even took photos of the shower, unfortunately none of the girl :-(

Sperto
01-11-15, 22:57
Isn't this the place next to a cloake-like creek? I might have been there some years ago, type of beer bar, I was just sitting around and not too sure about who is working and who is not. Finally ended up with a slim negra who was walking outside. I paid around 10 are. Or was it 10 are for the room? But this was back in 2007.
By the way: Lord Hotel was already run down in 2007, I even took photos of the shower, unfortunately none of the girl :-(
Yes, that's Bar São Sebastiao. Actually there are several bars.
Lord Hotel has been run-down for many years. I stayed in Lord Hotel 2008 and since then it has gone down very much. Now it's disgusting.

Pyjama
01-11-15, 23:41
Found it:

ButtLover took a photo of this place, including the smelly waters, see post #56.

As I said, I have no photos of GDPs of Sao Luis, but took quite some shots of centro.

ButtLover
02-08-17, 16:41
Found it:

ButtLover took a photo of this place, including the smelly waters, see post #56.

As I said, I have no photos of GDPs of Sao Luis, but took quite some shots of centro.Hi.

It looks like Bar São Sebastiao has been closed for good! http://jupiter.com.br/jupiter/portal/noticia/id/41951.

BL.

Golfinho
02-08-17, 19:00
As I said, I have no photos of GDPs of Sao Luis, but took quite some shots of centro.There's nothing quite like neglected, decayed Portuguese colonial buildings. See the like of these throughout the Nordeste cities. And, in Mozambique and other parts of Africa, too. For contrast, its really remarkable when you see what the Chinese have done in Macau.

Global00
05-27-17, 14:17
1st Day:

Arrived around 7 pm. Got settled at Airbnb in Calhau. Nice views the beach from the 10th floor apartment. Put bags down. Called up my Tinder babe to meet me for dinner at nearby churrascaria called Sal e Brasa. We ate then went went back to the room. Enjoyed her through the night. Got to love the internet!

Day 2:

Had to wake up at 4:30 for my tour to Lençóis Marahanes It took 4 hours to get to the city Barrehinnas. And another 30 minute drive to the national park. It's spectacular. Looks like a desert Oasis. I highly recommend it. Stayed out there until 4 pm and a headed back Sao Luis. Got back around 9 pm. I took a shower git dressed and called an Uber to take me around to find women. He asked me if I wanted to go a "local" or a "boate" . I told him I would like to see both of them. He called his friend and his friend told him about a place by the beach called pousada ponta verde. It was a local spot by the beach. There were about five girls there at the time. It was around midnight. The women there were passable to me. All white, from skinny to average bodies. Faces all average. I would guess from 20-30 years of age. Price was from 100-150 reais. I asked to go to another location.

He took me to another spot on the praia do calhau. The spot was called Adventure Bar e Restaurante. There were about ten girls that the staff pointed out to me. Nothing doable to me. From white to morena, indo look. From the look of them ages varied from young to older 20's maybe 30's. Didn't ask price.

He then took me to Crystals night club. Did not cost anything to enter oddly. There was about 6 girls in there. They were very shapely. Looks like a lot of surgery went into this bunch. From brancos to Moreno. Average face beauty besides one. I talked to one the interest me and she was 25 from Paraíba I believe she said. When talking price she wanted 300 reais for an hour. I counter with 200 reais she said no so I passed. I asked the bouncer / manager how much girls usually charge, he said 200-400. I asked Uber to take me to the apartment. Tomorrow is another day.

Day 3-4:

I woke up and contacted my tinder girl. Arranged to meet again for dinner at night. I went down to the historic area and walked around taking pictures of the historic area. Not as nice as Pelourinho in Salvador but it reminded me of the old colonial decayed buildings I seen in Havana. Then I walked down to Mercado Central. I read on the forum that there was a bar called Sao Sebastian that closed down. Well, there is another area called Xirizal. It is a handful of make shift bars in an L shaped alley with women sitting inside and outside the bars. I seen about ten women while passing through. All ugly nothing doable at all. I seen two young ones the rest were older. I didn't ask for prices but I'm sure they were cheap. I hopped in another Uber and asked if he knew of any spots. He said there was a spot out in Canton that has beautiful girls there. He did not know prices and couldn't give me address. He gave me his number and said to call him around 6 or 7 pm and he would take me. I went to the apartment at lunch and relaxed. Then I tried calling him but it went straight to voicemail. I gave up on it and got ready to meet Tinder for dinner.

We ate at a seafood spot called Cabana do Sol. It was good. Went back to the apartment. Had a great time with her again.

Woke up early and said my goodbye to the beautiful young lady and headed to the airport.

Had a good time in Sao Luis. I would go back but only for non pros. I seen quite a few beautiful non pros. The pro scene wasn't that great in my opinion.

HangerOne
08-01-17, 13:17
1st Day:

Arrived around 7 pm. Got settled at Airbnb in Calhau. Nice views the beach from the 10th floor apartment. Put bags down. Called up my Tinder babe to meet me for dinner at nearby churrascaria called Sal e Brasa. We ate then went went back to the room. Enjoyed her through the night. Got to love the internet!

Day 2:

Had to wake up at 4:30 for my tour to Lenis Marahanes It took 4 hours to get to the city Barrehinnas. And another 30 minute drive to the national park. It's spectacular. Looks like a desert Oasis. I highly recommend it. Stayed out there until 4 pm and a headed back Sao Luis. Got back around 9 pm.Thanks for the great report, any recommendations on agencys to book a Lençóis Marahanes tour with?

Bleachers
08-05-17, 01:35
Hi everyone,

Any help would be great. Has anyone ever flown China Eastern Airlines? If so How are they? Because I've e watching them very closely for about 3 months, they have me scratching my head on there $500.00 RT Airfare from Chicago, IL to either Tokyo, Japan or Hong Kong. I'm thinking about a 2nd trip to Japan in Early 2018 with my Holiday Bonus (If I get it / I herd I might not get it this year).

Camaradameiano
01-18-19, 03:53
[Non-English text deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited to remove text not in English. While I encourage contributions from all volunteers, the Forum is an English-only website. Please do not post reports in any language other than English. If you wish to post text in any language other than English, then please include a full English translation.Thanks!

Radar99
05-16-20, 02:41
Hi everyone,

Any help would be great. Has anyone ever flown China Eastern Airlines? If so How are they? Because I've e watching them very closely for about 3 months, they have me scratching my head on there $500.00 RT Airfare from Chicago, IL to either Tokyo, Japan or Hong Kong. I'm thinking about a 2nd trip to Japan in Early 2018 with my Holiday Bonus (If I get it / I herd I might not get it this year).They are not as classy or great like the other international brands. Just normal services, be prepared to be ignored if you demand anything special.

Cons68
05-17-20, 09:33
They are not as classy or great like the other international brands. Just normal services, be prepared to be ignored if you demand anything special.Mostly that, I flew them only once to Spain after my father died, they were only flight that would get me on time.

Nothing bad, nothing good. Business class is not like ME or even other Asian companies.

Italodias
07-23-21, 15:26
I was in So Luis on vacation when I decided to go to women's houses, they are really attractive and hot, there are also sites in the region with companions in So Luis as the https://www.vipsaoluis.com.br website I recommend as a friend to all foristas.

OJeito
09-10-22, 01:29
I landed in São Luis a few days ago with a wing man with the intentions of taking a break from The P4P garota scene. In the past I've had good luck landing the non-pros in towns that are considered off the beaten path in northern Brazil. 6 months ago I had great success in places like belem and Manaus meeting and bedding non pros. My expectations were high for São Luis but unfortunately things didn't transpire the same way I had hoped it would. For those who have never been São Luis it is a beautiful very rustic colonial city nestled on the north coast in between Fortaleza and belem. We chose to stay in the reviver district located in the old city. As another bm has mentioned in a previous post, the decaying colonial buildings have a mini-pelourinho vibe to them. I too was reminded of my trips to Salvador and also the architecture of old Havana, Cuba as well. The area is full of history and is a must see for those who enjoy photography or just taking a simple stroll back in time.

However, I found The bars in the reviver to lack the kind of talent I was hoping to cross paths with. Still it was fun to sit back and enjoy the scene. The Brazilian vibe was alive!

Our main issue was that we arrived during the 7th of September Holiday and the massive multi-day celebrations that ensued. For 5 nights there were free concerts of different genres of music. It was An amazing event to be a part of! There were tons of eye candy at these concerts, gorgeous woman everywhere but it was a family affair and it soon became apparent that these cute girls weren't interested in being approached by a couple of mildly drunken middle aged gringos with our drinks in hand. I don't recommend trying to hit on sober girls while drunk. They will not be receptive to your advances whether you speak Porto well or not. I like to call it "late-night pedestrian game" and in Brazil oftentimes you can get great results but unless you look like younger brad Pitt you are most likely to strike out! Sometimes these girls wouldn't even respond to our simple "hellos". Had the circumstances been different and we weren't attending a massive concert where the girls preferred paying attention to the stage and singing along with the performers more so than our attempts to open conversation, I predict things would have been much different. Wrong time wrong place I guess.

A funny note, after checking into our pousada on day one we quickly found our way to the xirizal bar street area where we saw a handful of mostly older fat Garotas on the clock. We settled into one of the many dingy drinking establishments for a few drinks and were the only gringos there. Soon after we ordered our drinks, the owner of our pousada casually strolls inside in pursuit of some strange I take it. We exchanged a few laughs and then made it on our way.

Overall, São Luis is a cool city. I would definitely return someday but I would go to great lengths in avoiding the 7th of September celebrations which apparently coincides with the founding of São Luis proper. 410 years to be exact!

For the girls, This is a time for spending time with family and close friends, not hooking up with random gringo mongers who are prowling for Garotas half their age.

I was told by a local that most of the late night action goes down on the peninsula and calhau beach. We made it up to adventure bar in calhau where previous reports suggested some GDP's are known to frequent but I didn't see anything available, only families enjoying the extended holiday. In fact during my entire stay in São Luis I didn't even see one SW on the clock.

Xpartan
09-10-22, 22:05
I landed in So Luis a few days ago with a wing man with the intentions of taking a break from The P4P garota scene. In the past I've had good luck landing the non-pros in towns that are considered off the beaten path in northern Brazil. 6 months ago I had great success in places like belem and Manaus meeting and bedding non pros. My expectations were high for So Luis but unfortunately things didn't transpire the same way I had hoped it would. For those who have never been So Luis it is a beautiful very rustic colonial city nestled on the north coast in between Fortaleza and belem. We chose to stay in the reviver district located in the old city. As another bm has mentioned in a previous post, the decaying colonial buildings have a mini-pelourinho vibe to them. I too was reminded of my trips to Salvador and also the architecture of old Havana, Cuba as well. The area is full of history and is a must see for those who enjoy photography or just taking a simple stroll back in time.

However, I found The bars in the reviver to lack the kind of talent I was hoping to cross paths with. Still it was fun to sit back and enjoy the scene. The Brazilian vibe was alive!

Our main issue was that we arrived during the 7th of September Holiday and the massive multi-day celebrations that ensued. For 5 nights there were free concerts of different genres of music. It was An amazing event to be a part of! There were tons of eye candy at these concerts, gorgeous woman everywhere but it was a family affair and it soon became apparent that these cute girls weren't interested in being approached by a couple of mildly drunken middle aged gringos with our drinks in hand. I don't recommend trying to hit on sober girls while drunk. They will not be receptive to your advances whether you speak Porto well or not. I like to call it "late-night pedestrian game" and in Brazil oftentimes you can get great results but unless you look like younger brad Pitt you are most likely to strike out! Sometimes these girls wouldn't even respond to our simple "hellos". Had the circumstances been different and we weren't attending a massive concert where the girls preferred paying attention to the stage and singing along with the performers more so than our attempts to open conversation, I predict things would have been much different. Wrong time wrong place I guess.

A funny note, after checking into our pousada on day one we quickly found our way to the xirizal bar street area where we saw a handful of mostly older fat Garotas on the clock. We settled into one of the many dingy drinking establishments for a few drinks and were the only gringos there. Soon after we ordered our drinks, the owner of our pousada casually strolls inside in pursuit of some strange I take it. We exchanged a few laughs and then made it on our way.

Overall, So Luis is a cool city. I would definitely return someday but I would go to great lengths in avoiding the 7th of September celebrations which apparently coincides with the founding of So Luis proper. 410 years to be exact!

For the girls, This is a time for spending time with family and close friends, not hooking up with random gringo mongers who are prowling for Garotas half their age.

I was told by a local that most of the late night action goes down on the peninsula and calhau beach. We made it up to adventure bar in calhau where previous reports suggested some GDP's are known to frequent but I didn't see anything available, only families enjoying the extended holiday. In fact during my entire stay in So Luis I didn't even see one SW on the clock.I stayed in St. Luis 2 days, one before visiting Lencois Marenhances and one after. Also stayed in the Centro at a reasonably nice 2. 5* hotel around the Citi Hall (forgot the name).

I hired a local guide for a couple of hours when I arrived and he took me around. The beach part of the city looked lively, but the Centro was depressing. It could've been a charming old downtown if they sprinkled a little more money on it, but as it was, there is too much decay there for my taste. Way too gloomy, IMHO, wouldn't compare it to Peolurinho.

At one point, as I was crossing the street to try the bank ATM after dark, a local came over and warned me against walking around alone at that hour. It was almost across the Citi Hall, LOL.

I never looked for a GDP scene there due to my short stay time. Tried a PA girl, but she stood me up.

Spidy
09-12-22, 20:07
I landed in So Luis a few days ago with a wing man with the intentions of taking a break from The P4P garota scene. In the past I've had good luck landing the non-pros in towns that are considered off the beaten path in northern Brazil. 6 months ago I had great success in places like belem and Manaus meeting and bedding non pros. My expectations were high for So Luis but unfortunately things didn't transpire the same way I had hoped it would. ...

Overall, So Luis is a cool city. I would definitely return someday but I would go to great lengths in avoiding the 7th of September celebrations which apparently coincides with the founding of So Luis proper. 410 years to be exact!

... In fact during my entire stay in So Luis I didn't even see one SW on the clock.Yet another good report/update off the beaten track.

Unfortunately, on your tour so far, Fortaleza and now Sao Luis, have been disappointing on the P4P front and perhaps your reports are signifying a startling trend in some of these smaller cities. Although, I recognize, that perhaps P4P, wasn't necessarily your primary goal, while sojourning in Sao Luis (or Fortaleza). As many of these northern cities, do also have rich diverse cultural heritages, their own distinct artsy and musical scene and picturesque landscapes that make it worth the trip, if nothing else.

If it's any consultation, my luck for finding credible P4P options, in Sao Luis, back in 2005, was just as bad. I stayed at a pousada, in Praia do Olho d'Agua (miles from downtown) for a couple of days. The area had more of an upscale lively, hip, social club and bar scene, which was fine for non-P4P activities.

Everything P4P related, was so spread out and some of the better P4P options and clubs, were miles away and on the edge of town, or outside of town. Friendly enough town and the Reggae was always good, but I just didn't get a strong vibe or click with the scene/women over the few days. Perhaps given a more time.

Kudos to you and your wingman for getting out there and seeing more of what Brazil has on offer, in the lesser known parts of Brazil. Even if at times, it is more PG14 than P4P (...kkkk!).

Good Job!