PDA

View Full Version : Cartagena Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Tiny 12
08-16-07, 20:56
They're going to have a tough time staying in business I think. Getting in and out of Cartagena is no piece of cake if you're from North America or Europe -- 1 to 2 days each way unless you live in Miami. While I realize peoples' tastes vary and photos aren't necessarily a good indication of what a woman looks like in person, none of the women looked as good to me as the very best in LDV. It sounds like they're not reproducing the product that Vikings delivers, by importing model-looking blondes from Eastern Europe, and lining up a secluded place to party. Getting a primo apartment in Laguito and pulling very attractive chicas locally is a piece of cake. And with some great restaurants in the Old City, you're not going to be lacking for good food. What I'm trying to say is that it would be hard to reproduce the Vikings experience at a much lower price, but so hard to reproduce XBH.

I guess the advantage is that your women at XBH did all perform well and none of them went really psycho on you. They stayed around all night and treated you like a king. Pulling them yourself it would be more hit and miss. And it would be nice having a good chef around. I've been embarrassed more than once by taking hookers in Cartagena out in public. Since I know some people locally, it can be a problem even if my date isn't behaving badly. The place might be just the ticket for someone who doesn't speak Spanish and has money to burn.

The price structure is strange. They charge $1200 for one night, but $3800 for 3 nights. It seems like you'd get a discount for staying extra nights.

Thanks for taking the time to write that up -- very interesting report, and glad you had a good time.

A question Trippstadt, would they have let you bring women in from outside?

Tom 33
08-17-07, 01:51
Thanks Tom and MJG for previous info.

I'll be staying at Playa Mar 301 in mid-October ($80/day). Are you familiar w/that apt, Tom?

Tom, do you think my things will be safe (i'll have maid service) - laptop, ipod, camera, etc?

I'm planning to have daily maid service ($12) - to include cooking. Any idea how good/bad the cooking service is? Do I hand the maid a bunch of cash to go grocery shopping?

Would be cool to buy you a beer/lunch, Tom, if you're around mid-October.
Yes, I know 301 well. It is owned by a friend of mine. It is a very nice apt. I'm pretty sure that it has a safe as well. Your stuff should be fine. However, don't tempt an honest person, and you will always have an honest person.

Yes, you do hand the maid cash to buy groceries unless you want to get them yourself. I never had anyone cook for me. Frankly, I would forget about cooking in your apt. and eat all your meals out. There are more good restaurants to try than you will have time to sample.

Thanks for the invitation, but I'll be in Medellin from next month through January.

Maple Red
08-17-07, 02:41
Hey Tripp.

Great report.

I have a comment/question. You stated your displeasure with the appearance of the girls during the early part of the vacation. Wasn't there talk (way back in May), about some of the girls possibly coming from "LDV" (I assume this is a kind of strip club/pick up joint) which was reputed to have very attractive girls? Was this not the case? And, did you ever visit LDV to inspect the talent directly?

MJG Dogs
08-17-07, 07:19
Your girl named "tall" is named Vanessa. She is a student from Pereria I think. I had here at my place for about four days in Mid July. She has very good oral talents and can squirt when really turned on. I cut her loose because she got real sick and could not perform. Plus she loved to watch the Novelas on the tube from 8 pm to 11 pm, but hey what chica does not like them.

Well done. I would never pay what you paid, but to each his own.

Hardball1126
08-17-07, 12:25
I also had Vanessa a few weeks ago. She is from Perriera. Not sure if she's still there in Carta. My friend also spent time with a friend of Vanessa's. Here name escapes me, but they we fun. The only downer was they wouldn't interact with each other.

Jelly Donut
08-17-07, 12:58
Frankly, I would forget about cooking in your apt. and eat all your meals out. There are more good restaurants to try than you will have time to sample.This is great advice, as usual, but it can be fun if a chica straight out of the disco decides to whip up some eggs for you.

Also, in my experience, if you are an obvious gringo shopping for groceries in Bocogrande you will get attention from the girls who work in the markets. I've even had a hot mom, who was out shopping with her maid, checking me out. They want to know what your deal is, because you are not behaving like a typical sex tourist or, for that matter, like typical Colombian guys, either.

Trippster
08-17-07, 13:03
Hey Tripp.

Great report.

I have a comment/question. You stated your displeasure with the appearance of the girls during the early part of the vacation. Wasn't there talk (way back in May), about some of the girls possibly coming from "LDV" (I assume this is a kind of strip club/pick up joint) which was reputed to have very attractive girls? Was this not the case? And, did you ever visit LDV to inspect the talent directly?Red,

I'm pretty sure that they weren't getting the girls from LDV. Also, as I learned once I got there, it would not have been good form for me to have procured girls on my own, and brought them back to the PH, so alas, I did not get the opportunity to visit that infamous establishment.

Trippster
08-17-07, 13:06
Your girl named "tall" is named Vanessa. She is a student from Pereria I think. I had here at my place for about four days in Mid July. She has very good oral talents and can squirt when really turned on. I cut her loose because she got real sick and could not perform. Plus she loved to watch the Novelas on the tube from 8 pm to 11 pm, but hey what chica does not like them.

Well done. i would never pay what you paid, but to each his own.Thanks, Dogs. Vanessa, sounds right, actually. She's one of those girls that look better naked than clothed, and I never got tired of her during the 2 days I had her.

Zippy
08-17-07, 19:12
First of all, great report, Trippstadt. Although (like others have mentioned) I wouldn't put down that kind of money for vagina, to each their own.

I know "M" well ever since he moved to Cartagena a couple of years ago. He's a good guy. Anyway, he told me that he ended up rounding up your chicas from casas from the Alto Bosque barrio instead of going the LDV route; which was smart since LDV chicas (in general) have become way too hardcore to submit to banging on a level which your schedule demanded.

Trippster
08-17-07, 20:00
First of all, great report, Trippstadt. Although (like others have mentioned) I wouldn't put down that kind of money for vagina, to each their own.

I know "M" well ever since he moved to Cartagena a couple of years ago. He's a good guy. Anyway, he told me that he ended up rounding up your chicas from casas from the Alto Bosque barrio instead of going the LDV route; which was smart since LDV chicas (in general) have become way too hardcore to submit to banging on a level which your schedule demanded.

That's very interesting Zip... Thanks! Say "Hi" to M for me.

Zev1234
08-18-07, 22:29
I just got back from a week in Cartagena. This was my first time ever in Colombia and it will definitaly not be the last. The information provided in this website is a valuable asset for anyone traveling to ctg, newbie or not. So for this I thank all of you.

We arrived on Thursday August 9th. All together we were a group of 6 people all here to celebrate my 21st birthday in style. We had nowhere to stay when we got there and our plan was to go meet with this Israeli guy Noam who owns the restaurant next door to Loco Gringo in Laguito. We actually did not know where the restaurant was at the time nor how to find it, but we got lucky because we met this Israeli kid who was goin there as well so we just rolled with him. When we got to Laguito the cab driver wanted 20. 000 pesos, I told him 10. 000 and we settled at 12. 000. At the time I was not sure if that was a good price or not but it was better than 20. 000. We had a bite to eat at the restuarant and spoke with Noam about finding a place to stay. He said he had a villa down the street in Laguito. 4 Bedrooms, 3 baths, with a pool and right on the beach. ALso has maid service. Aparently this house is famous in Laguito for having a lot of parties and drugs. All the chicas know of the house. The cost of the house is 550. 000. 00. Pesos per night, which was not so bad because we had 7 people now. (the israeli kid was going to stay with our group for the first 3 days.) It came out to roughly $45 per night. I was surprised to find so many Israelis in ctg. I would say that the majority of the tourists I met were Israeli or Italian. Not many Americans at all. We got to the house and took a load off, had a few beers. It was now roughly 7:30 pm and to be honest our first impression was that CTG didn't look like so much fun. Boy were we wrong. Okay, a little bit about the drugs. I did not read much about drugs on this website. I don't know if it is not allowed or what. But in my opinion you should definitly take advantage of the cheap drugs CTG has to offer even if you don't do any yourself, the girls love this shit and will do almost anything for some coke. So we picked up about 10 grams of coke for $100. At the time that sounded like a great deal, because in the states that much would run around $600. And this stuff is so much stronger and purer than anything I have ever seen before. Turns out though that the normal price in CTG is about 5-6 dollars per gram, which we paid later on in the week.

It was getting late so we decided to walk around and see what everybody was doing that night. We ran into a group of israeli tourists and they said that the best thing was to go to elektra around 3:00 am and pick up as many girls as possible when they close at 4:00 am. By 11:30 I did not feel like waiting until 3:00 am to go out, so me and 2 of my friends went to this pub on calle arsenal with this guy Mike who owns Borachicos bar in Laguito. Very cool guy. I forgot the name of the place we went to but it was a small bar/lounge and it seemed like a place you would take a date to rather than try and pick up girls. Either way me and one of my friends started dancing with two colombian chicks and after about 2 hours in that place we were on our way home with them. We get back to the house which is now empty and girls immediatly run to the pool and jump in naked. It didn't take much to persuade me and my friend to jump in with them. So we fooled around in the pool a little bit, had a few drinks and went upstairs to the bedrooms. I don't know if it was the fact that it was my first night there or what, but this girl gave me the ride of my life. We were banging for a good 2-3 hours. When we were done we went back downstairs and to my surprise I see the rest of my friends hanging out with about 6 girls that they brought back from elektra. My chick said she felt uncomfortable around all these girls and said she was going to go home. We never spoke about money which makes me think that maybe she was not a working girl but who knows. I paid for her cab ride and said goodbye. At this point I am so strung out but there is a lot of potential just sitting in the living room of my house doing drugs and drinking alcohol, so I stick around rather than going straight to sleep. After about 45 minutes of kickin it with these chicks I choose one girl and start dancing with her for a little bit, took her upstairs with me. Her name was April, she can be found in LDV some nights and Elektra most of the time. She had a great body and face, skinny dark skinned girl just how I like it. We get upstairs and she starts to talk about money immediatley. She said she wanted 100. 000. 00 pesos which I guess isn't so bad, but the fact that I already had sex 4 times that night for free made me not want to pay her anything. I told in the best way I could because my spanish is very limited, that there is no way I am paying that price, and that she was in my house using drugs and alcohol with all her friends that I paid for. I told her that we are all just having fun and having a good time and that I shouldnt have to pay her. Then she said ok, well how much do you think I deserve. I told her $10. 00, she smile and said $15. 00 and I took my shirt off. It came out to a little bit less than 30. 000 pesos. When I was done with her she went home and I went back downstairs, hung out for a little bit and went to sleep. There were still girls hanging out in the house with my friends but I had no more energy left so I called it a night. Next up day 2-3. And I wish I could post pictures but the last night my camera got stolen which had about 200 pictures from the whole vacation. I was so mad and I think I know who took it, but I will get into that later on.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Jelly Donut
08-19-07, 13:08
Outstanding. Thanks a lot for this report!

I just got back from a week in Cartagena.

Bonhead
08-19-07, 15:26
I just got back from a week in Cartagena. This was my first time ever in Colombia and it will definitaly not be the last. The information provided in this website is a valuable asset for anyone traveling to ctg, newbie or not. So for this I thank all of you.
Zev, nice write up. Sounds like you kids had a great time... keep the reports coming.

Npaul1
08-19-07, 22:03
We had nowhere to stay when we got there and our plan was to go meet with this Israeli guy Noam who owns the restaurant next door to Loco Gringo in Laguito. ...

I was surprised to find so many Israelis in ctg. I would say that the majority of the tourists I met were Israeli or Italian. Not many Americans at all. We got to the house and took a load off, had a few beers. It was now roughly 7:30 pm and to be honest our first impression was that CTG didn't look like so much fun. Boy were we wrong. Okay, a little bit about the drugs. I did not read much about drugs on this website. I don't know if it is not allowed or what. But in my opinion you should definitly take advantage of the cheap drugs CTG has to offer even if you don't do any yourself, the girls love this shit and will do almost anything for some coke. So we picked up about 10 grams of coke for $100. At the time that sounded like a great deal, because in the states that much would run around $600. And this stuff is so much stronger and purer than anything I have ever seen before. Turns out though that the normal price in CTG is about 5-6 dollars per gram, which we paid later on in the week.

...Next up day 2-3. And I wish I could post pictures but the last night my camera got stolen which had about 200 pictures from the whole vacation. I was so mad and I think I know who took it, but I will get into that later on.Noam, who owns the Israeli restaurant across from LDV, also had a small apartment in Tocahuaga on a top floor that he wanted to sell me. He rented it out to Israelis and they really destroyed the apartment. Not surprised you got your camera stolen after hanging out with the druggies.

While it is legal in Colombia to possess small amounts of cocaine, less than one ounce, the jails are not very attractive so most people stay away from the drugs.

Zev1234
08-20-07, 02:37
Day 2

The next day we all wake up kinda late and go eat at Noams and exchange stories of the first night. Turns out the three of us that went to Calle Arsenal the previous night were the 3 that got laid in our group. My friend who left with the friend of the girl I took home last night spent the whole night with her and she left in the morning without any money. The other kid who was at arsenal with us found a girl in Laguito when we came back and brought her back with him, I believe she wanted 50. 000 pesos. When he finished with her he also picked up a straggler from downstairs and banged her for free, since there was a couple of girls hanging out still. Fast foward to that night. We were all drinking for a while now and around 12:00 am 3 of us decide to take a walk to LDV to see what it is about. It is like a 4 minute walk from our house. First of all lemme just say that on the way there we pass by a lot of hot chicas I guess coming or going from previous clients or possibly just hanging out. But my point is that there is a lot of potential out there and girls can be found virtually anywhere in Laguito. Just sit outside the Loca Gringo and watch them all walk by. Anyways, so we get to LDV and I was plesently surprised. There was about a 2 to 1 ratio of girls to guys. And most of them were very hot. We got a few drinks and my friends started dancing with two chicks. One of the kids we were with speaks fluent spanish and he likes to play jokes, so he went up to this girl who I don't want to call ugly, but she was pretty big, and told her in spanish that I thought she was beautiful and that I was very shy and that she should be agressive with me. Well she took him literally and next thing I know I have this big girl pulling me to the middle of the dance floor and grinding all over me. Now I had no desire to do anything with this chick especially when there are so many other hotter girls around, but everything I told her seemed to like either she didn't understand what I was saying or she just didn't care. Either way I could see my friend laughing through the corner of my eye for the situation he put me in. Even if I walk away she would just end up following me, and the funny thing about LDV is that I guess the girls respect eachother or something, cus when I would try to chat up some new chick she would say something like are you with her? I would say no but then and the big girl would come back and try to dance with me again. At this point I was done, I told her I am going to the bathroom and told my friends I'll see them at Elektra. So I walked back to the house and met up with the rest of the group and we head out to Elektra at around 3:00 am. I wasnt really feeling it at Elektra that night, so I ended up just getting drunk and flirting with a few girls. When it was time to leave I saw my friend getting into a cab with this girl who could pass for a guy. She had a mustache and he must have been wasted. So me and my other friend go up to him and tell him, you sure you want to leave with her? He says yes and gets in the cab. Before the cab turns the corner I see my friend jump out of the cab and run back towards us. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw the girl he was with approach us with a mean look on her face. He looks at us with a what should I do look on his face, and I tell him hes on his own with this one. She was causing a scene outside and he ended up just giving her 20. 000 pesos to go away. He grabbed a new chick while we were outside and we all shared a cab to this hole in the wall beach party somewhere I cannot tell you if you paid me. One of the girls my friend was with said it would be fun so we all went. When we got there we felt very uncomfortable because it was obvious that we were tourists and we looked out of place. But after a while we realized everyone is just having fun and we had a few drinks and mingled with the small crowd that was there. When we finally left it was around 7 AM and I was shot. We grabbed a cab and made the journey back to Laguito. I don't know where we were but it took about 15 minutes to get back. By the way these cab drivers are cleaning up with tourists. I learned not to pay with any big bills because they just try to rip you off. I don't know exactly how it works but the rule of thumb is around 5. 000 pesos. We got back home and I see my friend in the house with the girl he was with the first night. The kids who had girls went upstairs to the bedrooms and the rest of us just hung out. One of my friends brought home this girl Joanna from Elektra. I later found out that her real name is Alejandra or Marina? Either way Joanna is the fake name she uses.

She had black hair, fair skin cute face. I wish I could show pictures but anyways she wanted 130. 000. 00 pesos and he ended up paying 60. 000. By the end of my trip, I realized that these girls just make up any number in there head depending on who they are talking to. I also came to the conclusion that a lot of these girls just like to have fun and if you provide them with a fun night there is a good chance you won't have to pay anything. Anyways the next morning the kid was telling us all that he thinks she is such a good girl and that she is not like the rest of them blah blah blah. It took him seeing her with another guy thenext day to convince him that she is just like the rest of them hahaha.

My other friend brought home this girl Kathy, I believe that is also her fake name. This girl is Morroccan and Colombian, (a very angry mixture) She can be found at Elektra 7 nights a week, and sometimes says that her and Joanna are sisters. Well this is the girl that I think stole my camera later on in the week. He never did anything with her because he has a girlfriend back home and he was trying to stay faithful. Go figure. But they hung out a lot during our stay and just did drugs and talked. I'm not really big on the drugs but I guess if your not going there for pussy, your going there for drugs, so thats what he did. When I woke up I went downstairs to find my friend who almost left with the mustache girl. He passed out on the couch with this very pretty naked girl. None of us remember her name but she had a rediculous body. She charged him $20. 00. And he said it was worth a lot more.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Zev1234
08-20-07, 05:03
I found some pics of that girl Kathy in the photo gallery that Sandman posted.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75825
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75824
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75823

MJG Dogs
08-20-07, 05:39
what a surprise.. and i thought all those young people sweating profusely were just overheated. the italians come in a very close second in the blow consumption. at least the israeli's don't wear speedos on tony the tout's beach..

i just do not know how someone could enjoy blow in such a hot and humid environment. blow speeds up your metabolism, so your going to sweat anyway, but jesus the next morning or afternoon ( after an all night bender), must be sure hell.

zev, good reports, always watch your shit around chicas...ldv however seems to have a greater ratio of mafiosa theives...

Ricker
08-20-07, 19:01
Day 2

... When we finally left it was around 7 AM and I was shot. We grabbed a cab and made the journey back to Laguito ...

Nice reports, fun to read! Thanx.

I definitely couldn't hang with you guys though ... hanging out til 7 AM would kill me. Drug parties, not my scene either. Of course you guys are half my age too :)
To each their own.

I like to find a nice chica and chill with her for the evening.

Too bad about your camera.

Have fun amigo!

Member #4167
08-20-07, 19:02
Thinking of travelling to only to Central or South America. Prefer non-pros. I like the GFE experience. My spanish is sub-fluent. I prefer Caribbean countries only. Would like to know what the forum members think / your opinions:

Question:

1. What are the Best Places in the Caribbean for mongering: Colombia, CR, DR, Honduras, Ecuador, Cuba ? (Ecuador is on the pacific but - I threw it in the mix because of many favorable reports.)

"BEST" Can be qualified by: lowest prices for good-looking, young, whiter-skinned women. Also better attitudes and larger quantities. I guess my basic question is: "For mongerers, which country can be considered to be "The Thailand" of the Carribbean.

Colombia has the second highest number of reports after Thailand. I know Colombia has beautiful women who value their looks and get plastic surgery done.

Also I read quite a few reports in the other forums about Colombia women in other spots (like Panama, and CR). It seems that Colombian women make such good providers that they export themselves to other mongering destinations.

Still I have my concerns about Colombia.

So The Question For The Forum Members Is:

What are the Best Places in the Caribbean for mongering: Colombia, CR, DR, Honduras, Ecuador, Cuba?

Member #4167
08-20-07, 19:07
I want to travel to Colombia in the next 1-2 months - I am VERY worried about being kidnapped.

Questions:
1. How many mongers get kidnapped each year in Colombia?
2. It seems that Cartagena is probably one of the safest cities - is this true?
3. What are the safest cities in Col. that still offer good mongering?
4. What are the best practices to keep from getting kidnapped?

Gracias In Advance For Your Replies/Help.

Water Boy

Tom 33
08-20-07, 20:30
I found some pics of that girl Kathy in the photo gallery that Sandman posted.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75825
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75824
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75823
Sorry to hear that she is on the blow. I have known her for years.

Tom 33
08-20-07, 20:33
I would suggest Cartagena for you. It is the safest city in Colombia. It is also the most expensive city in Colombia, but you won't get kidnapped if you stay in the tourist zone.

Bonhead
08-20-07, 20:51
I want to travel to Colombia in the next 1-2 months - I am VERY worried about being kidnapped.

Questions:

Water Boy
LOL - in the event you are NOT here trolling, then you must be either a) super rich, b) famous, c) a combination of both, or d) a scared non-Spanish speaking gringo...

Regardless, if you are any of the above and dead set on coming to Colombia to monger, why don't you sign-up for Kidnapping & Ransom insurance before coming out here and hire two bodyguards and a driver w/ car? Otherwise, stay in Costa Rica or Panama.

Zev1234
08-21-07, 01:30
Saturday night we went out to a club on Arsenal. This place was very nice but again not a place you want to go alone. It is more of a place where you would take a date. We bought a bottle and sat down at a table. We stayed there until we finished the bottle between the 4 of us that were there and then we head out to elektra. At elektra we got another bottle and sat down in the tables in the back. We invited as many chicas as we could to come join us. It was my birthday that night so the birthday line was really working for me. (next time I go there I might just say it is my birthday every night) We all found girls and stayed till the place closed till we went home. I left with this chick Karen who had nice fake tits and a great body. My cousin left with this cute skinny girl. I forgot her name but her picture is on here already. Posted by Jelly Donut in the photo gallery:

http://www.internationalsexguide. Info/forum/attachment.php? Attachmentid=69347

Anyways we went home and I paid 100. 000. 00 pesos which is the most I paid throughout my whole trip and also the last time I paid. It was my birthday so I felt like spending some money She wanted 160. 000. 00 but I was able to get her down. She spent the night with me and the next morning she left.

The next day was Sunday and this is the day my friends were planning to throw me a big party in the house for my birthday. I was skeptical at first but I think we ended up throwing one of the biggest parties Laguito has seen as of yet. We rented speakers for the house and bought a lot of music, alchohol, and drugs. We moved all the furniture around so that there would be a lot of room for dancing. Then at around 2:30 am we set out on our mission to try and invite as many girls as possible to our house for the party. We got to elektra and bought bottles. I think we must have told half the girls in the club that we are having an after party in our house to celebrate my birthday. Everyone was all hyped up about it and I could see this was gonna be a hell of a night. My infamous line was "mucha coca, grande casa, grande fiesta" hahaah. My cousin somehow convinced the DJ at Elektra to come DJ at our house for the party. We went all out. When elektra closed we head back to the house and there were already about 6 girls waiting outside. So we got the music started up and the girls just got wild. There was 6 of us guys and about 20 girls. And lemme tell you something. These colombian chicks can hold their ground when it comes to partying. I have never seen girls consume more alchohol and drugs in such a short ammount of time. I almost felt ashamed that these small cute colombian girls can drink me under the table. Anyways we partied hard from 4:00 am till 9:00 am. There were people jumping in the pools, running to the beach, girls taking their clothes off. Everything a party needs. At around 9:20 am I crawled back into bed and I was done. Five minutes later a girl walks into my room and climbs into bed with me. I was so tired, I could care less if I was getting laid or not. But like I said these colombian girls just keep going and going. I laid on my back and told her do whatever you want to me. When it was over I called her a cab and went to sleep. I never even got her name. After this party it was funny because it is almost like we became famous in Laguito. In Laguito it seems that everyone knows eachother, and as soon as word got out that we through a hell of a party in Laguito we felt like celebrities, it was like everyone knew who we were.

The next night I was so tired because all the partying of the week was finally catching up with me. I stayed in that night and just knocked down a few beers and watched some TV. At around 4 Am I here the doorbell, so I go to answer and it is that girl Karen who I was with Saturday night. She came in and started asking me about the party and why she wasnt invited and if I was with any other chicas. (funny how they seem to get jelous) So we were just hanging out and my friends had brought some chicas back as well so were all just chilling. I take Karen back upstairs and we fool around a little bit and then I wasnt sure if she was going to charge me or not so I tell her "listen last night at the party someone stole all my money. I have no more money for the vacation" Her answer "awww thats horrible. Do you want me to lend you some money? " There was no way I was gonna take money from her but at least now I knew I was banging her for free

Well for the rest of the week we pretty much did the same things. Some new girls were involved. We had another party Tuesday night, but it was nowhere as big as the first. No huge speakers, and no DJ this time. I pretty much kicked it with Karen and she became really attached. Shes a cool girl and I think she thought I was bringing her back home with me? My friend was in the same situation with this girl Diana. It was kind of like we had girlfriends for the last three days. Which wasnt bad because we didn't have to spend energy or money. Well Tuesday night was the night that my camera was stolen. We had the party and I let my guard down. I let my cousin borrow the camera because he was with some chica and the next morning it was gone. We were pretty sure that Kathy took it because he said that she was the last person who had the camera before it dissapeared and she must have seen all the pictures from the weeks vacation. Well I was furious and I wanted my camera back so me and my cousin decided to go to her house and see what we can do. He knew where she lives because she took him there before. Now the place where this chick lives is like a totally different world compared to where we stay in Laguito. Its only about a 10 minute drive but feels like a different place. The houses are all run down, most of them don't have doors. They have holes in them and you can feel the poverty. It might not have been so smart going there trying to find the camera but it was that important. So at her house, she lives with her mom and about 4 other chicas. They all do drugs and drink. We told her that we don't care who took the camera or anything, we just want the pictures back and we are willing to pay. She wasnt budging but she gave us little hints that she does know where the camera is. My cousin who is kind of a hothead started getting loud and she walked outside. He followed her down the street and there was a lot of people outside. She turned around and told him "don't forget where you are, you're still in Colombia" My guess is that she coulda said two words to her people over there and we would have had some real problems. But she did kinda like my cousin since they spent so much time the past week just doing drugs and what not. Well anyways I didn't get the camera back but I know she either has it or knows where it is. In conclusion, this girl does not care about anyone but herself and her family. She even said so herself. One cold chica. So we went back to Laguito, I called Karen and banged her for the last time. My flight was in a few hours. We went to the airport and Karen and Diana came with us. They cried when we left. We said our final goodbyes and were on our way back to reality. We will definately be back there sometime in the future. I will say that at times it was hard to communicate, not knowing much spanish, and our friend helped out a lot since he spoke the language. Also I didn't write about all the fine dining and sites Cartagena has to offer. It really is a beautiful city and has a little something for everyone. You should also take the time to thank the paramilitary whenever you see them around the city because without them this life would not be possible. There is a lot of fucked up shit going on in Colombia and for the most part Cartagena is sheltered from it. But like Kathy said never forget where you are. You're still in Colombia.

Almotu
08-21-07, 03:15
Dumb question . . . is Elektra a working chica pickup spot or a regular club?

Jelly Donut
08-21-07, 11:53
It's a club. It opens in the early morning and closes around dawn. It's located in the old city. Some girls go there after LDV closes.

Dumb question . . . is Elektra a working chica pickup spot or a regular club?

Bonhead
08-21-07, 14:50
"don't forget where you are, you're still in Colombia"
Great write-up again -- sounds like you guys had an awesome time. These words should not be lost on anyone... you're life can easily be snubbed out in a country like Colombia. You kids got lucky...

Winner71
08-21-07, 17:19
jjajajaja... too funny

You should also take the time to thank the paramilitary whenever you see them around the city because without them this life would not be possible.

Ricker
08-21-07, 17:26
... You should also take the time to thank the paramilitary whenever you see them around the city because without them this life would not be possible ... There is a lot of fucked up shit going on in Colombia and for the most part Cartagena is sheltered from it. But like Kathy said never forget where you are. You're still in Colombia.

How do you spot the Paramilitary to thank them?

Do they all wear the same Paramilitary T-shirt?

:)

Tom 33
08-21-07, 17:58
How do you spot the Paramilitary to thank them?

Do they all wear the same Paramilitary T-shirt?

:)
Of course. The shirts say "formerly AUC." However, you are more likely to find them in Santa Marta or Monteria.

Npaul1
08-21-07, 18:17
My cousin who is kind of a hothead started getting loud and she walked outside. He followed her down the street and there was a lot of people outside. She turned around and told him "don't forget where you are, you're still in Colombia" My guess is that she coulda said two words to her people over there and we would have had some real problems. I always tell the pushy street vendors, "no Moleste" to which they always reply:

1. This is my job.

or

2. This is not your country.

Surprising how they all know these words in clear English.

Maybe we should tell the latin immigrants we see in Florida, "this is not your country".

Zev1234
08-21-07, 20:02
Hahah, I was just quoting this colombian guy we met over there who told us a lot of really messed up stories that most people would not here about. We met a lot of characters while we were there but this one guy knew a lot about colombian politics and life. He spoke very good english and some of the stories he told would make some people never want to step foot in Colombia. There are places where you can can get stabbed for your nike sandals. (of course thats not gonna stop me from going back)

In fact I am planning on returning in January for New Years but the tickets are way to expensive.

Ricker
08-22-07, 01:42
I always tell the pushy street vendors, "no Moleste" to which they always reply:

1. This is my job.

or

Maybe we should tell the latin immigrants we see in Florida, "this is not your country".

Well .... there's quite a BIG difference between telling a street vendor "no me molestes" in Laguito / Boca Grande ... and being in the poor side of town and being a hot head gringo, screaming at a Colombian chica angrily down the street.

When she says to you directly to remember that you're in Colombia, it's probably a little different warning than what a street vendor is telling you when he says it in el laguito.

Best advice in Colombia ... don't be a hot head dumbass.

MiamiHeatLuver
08-22-07, 03:00
I always tell the pushy street vendors, "no Moleste" to which they always reply:

1. This is my job.

or

Wouldn't a few stern "no gracias" be suffiecient enough than a "NO MOLESTA ME" which loosely translated means "Dont bother me" or "Dont [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off" lol

Zev1234
08-22-07, 03:38
Honestly the vendors didnt really bother me that much...if you just ignore them they move to the next person...but now that I am thinking about it I would kill for some of their black coffee that they sell. So good .

and Ricker I agree with you 100%...you have to keep your head on your shoulders. We were lucky that this chica Kathy actually maybe liked us a little bit...but that doesnt mean that if we pushed her far enough she wouldnt snap. And where we were everyone was looking at us like they were hungry. I just really wanted the camera back and I still do. But whatever you live and you learn no?

MJG Dogs
08-22-07, 03:40
good advice Ricker........
I always say "no gracias", or I laugh when a guy wants to see me a watch, I say" Tiene reloj" or Tiene gaffas" ( sunglasses), or " me no fumar"...

With Tony the tout , I just tell him, you no fuck me, I will fuck you......

Sandman0011
08-22-07, 14:57
It is a shame. She is (was) a sweet girl at one time. Guess this lifestyle will do that to you. Also noticed she was a model on the all inclusive place Tripp stayed at.
As pereviously posted, Tom and I both knew her as Marianna. Of course, they frequently change their names.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid her next time I am in CTG.

Sorry to hear that she is on the blow. I have known her for years.

Member #4167
08-22-07, 15:05
LOL - in the event you are NOT here trolling, then you must be either a) super rich, b) famous, c) a combination of both, or d) a scared non-Spanish speaking gringo... Thank You Bonhead. I am none of the above a) - d).

No entiendo exactamente todo tu hablaste.

Question: Are you saying as long as I am not a) b) c) d), then therefore I have nothing to worry about being kidpnapped?

Also, I dont understand your suggestion: What do you mean by "in the event you are NOT here trolling," ? Please explain.

As for hiring a bodyguard -that would only attract more attention. the only "body guard" I would need is a condom.

Gracias.

Npaul1
08-22-07, 19:33
Wouldn't a few stern "no gracias" be suffiecient enough than a "NO MOLESTA ME" which loosely translated means "Dont bother me" or "Dont [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off" lolIf you have ever been to Cartagena you know what I mean. A few stern "no gracias" do not work when they see a gringo, they see the gringo as a meal ticket. With my Colombiana it seemed to work for her, but they are as pushy as a time share salesman in the US.

"No Moleste" is after they have not heeded "no, gracias." Notice I said pushy vendors. Also it goes for venders who enter a restaurant where I am eating.

Its better than punching them, though I came close a few times.

Zev1234
08-24-07, 05:09
Hey I am curious to know, is anyone here in the trade business? I am interested in importing off priced goods (closeouts) into Cartagena but not sure if there is any money to be made over there. Does anyone know anything about the importing policies over there and if there are potential wholesale buyers in Cartagena?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Arkade
08-24-07, 08:54
I havent been to Colombia in years, first time since 98 I come back. Well my cousins here tell me of a place called pleyclub. I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on the place. Prices, girls, etc. Don't worry I'm fluent in spanish and can handle my own. I know its in El Bosque, my uncles office is right across the street, but he doesnt go there. He travels to Medellin and Cali, or Pereira. But yes any help would be good.

Tom 33
08-24-07, 12:20
It is a shame. She is (was) a sweet girl at one time. Guess this lifestyle will do that to you. Also noticed she was a model on the all inclusive place Tripp stayed at.
As pereviously posted, Tom and I both knew her as Marianna. Of course, they frequently change their names.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid her next time I am in CTG.
I just looked at the website for the place Tripp stayed and did not see her.

I last saw her in March of this year but didn't speak much with her. She was hanging with an Isreali named Schlomy who used to own part of Noam's restaurant. Schlomy is a good guy and not a druggie.

I did speak a lot with her sister. Big sister has left the "business" and no longer fucks for money. Big sis seemed fine.

Tom 33
08-24-07, 12:32
I just re-looked. She was buried in the galleries. She was wearing a lot more make-up. Of course she's now 26 or so. Years of parties can take a toll.

AddictedToWomen
08-28-07, 12:36
If you have ever been to Cartagena you know what I mean. A few stern "no gracias" do not work when they see a gringo, they see the gringo as a meal ticket. With my Colombiana it seemed to work for her, but they are as pushy as a time share salesman in the US.

"No Moleste" is after they have not heeded "no, gracias." Notice I said pushy vendors. Also it goes for venders who enter a restaurant where I am eating.

Its better than punching them, though I came close a few times.

"No" doesn't seem to work anywhere in Colombia. But watch the locals carefully: they use a side-to-side finger movement, and that works a treat even for us gringos.

The Cane
08-28-07, 13:11
A stern "dejeme en paz!" or "leave me alone!" comes across more harshly and often works in Latin American countries. If they don't accept "no gracias", then go stronger.

Belmont
08-31-07, 05:24
No gracias always works for me. Yes be stern if they persist.
WHAT ELSE IS UP IN CTG?????

Northbound
09-01-07, 21:35
Wondering if anyone has been to the casino's. Looking for some daytime things to do other than tourist activities and not really into the beach.

Spent alot of time in the DR and I know there the casino's are really bad.

Are there legitatimate places for blackjack and slots to kill some time.

Just a quick simple response will do and we can move on

Thanks in advanced

Guilem G
09-02-07, 00:19
Hey I am curious to know, is anyone here in the trade business? I am interested in importing off priced goods (closeouts) into Cartagena but not sure if there is any money to be made over there. Does anyone know anything about the importing policies over there and if there are potential wholesale buyers in Cartagena?

Thanks for any info you may have.Hi Zev,

Sorry for my bad english, i have a friend who sells products from Spain to the colombian malls, like Carrefour, la 14, Olimpica... he always say that in Cartagena there a lot of poor people, and this people is out of the market (aprox. the 70% of citizens are very poor and don't have money for buy), better start in Bogota, Medellin or Barranquilla. In this cities you have more people with money than in Cartagenal. My friend always say that Cartagena is great place for invest in touristic activities (hotel, restaurant, disco, etc.), but for other bussines better start in other places.

I tried to send you a PM, but seems that your PM is disabled, i have a question for you.

I stayed in Cartagena last june, i know a crazy girl from Elektra called Valeria, he fucks incredible. I will return to Cartagena in october but i lost her cell number. And now i don't know if he is still working in Elektra or maybe he returned to her city in Barranquilla. I will try to learn to put photos and post one photo, maybe you can recognize this girl.

Zev1234
09-02-07, 08:18
Thanks for the info Guilem. The name Valeria doesnt ring a bell but post a picture and Ill let you know if I recognize her.

Member #3437
09-02-07, 15:01
Wondering if anyone has been to the casino's. Looking for some daytime things to do other than tourist activities and not really into the beach.

Spent alot of time in the DR and I know there the casino's are really bad.

Are there legitatimate places for blackjack and slots to kill some time.

Just a quick simple response will do and we can move on

Thanks in advanced

The casinos suck, as they do everywhere. But, if you want to play blackjack there are two casinos worth playing in in CTG, and the La perla is right next to La dolce Vida. The only real problem with playing blackjack in the carribean and south america is the local players don't know how to play and get snippy with you when you hit on 16. Other than that, I have wasted enough time in these places to tell you they are a fair to average diversion if you get bored or run out of sperm.

Member #3437
09-02-07, 15:04

Thanks for any info you may have.

Colombia already bootlegs just about everything they can afford to buy and they sell shit for pennies on the dollar in the street. Cartagena is one poor place dude.

TheShadow2
09-06-07, 00:56
Texas Hold-em is being played at the casinos now. You can do tournaments (nightly?) or play cash games against sometimes not so good players. I won 700 dollars one night at La Perla, had other nights where I broke even or lost a little. Good diversion if you're bored...
Good to see ya back Westy!

Loco Joe
09-09-07, 04:11
Hi,

I am about to make a reservation with one of the apartments that Juan Ventura rents. He is asking that a deposit be sent to him beforehand. Is this safe? Will the room be guaranteed?

MJG Dogs
09-09-07, 08:24
No problem with Juan Ventura he is a first class guy...

Tom 33
09-09-07, 12:34
He has handled my rental money for 4 years and stood next to me twice as I had emergency laser surgery on my eye. I trust him with my life.

Mangera
09-09-07, 18:18
Since the last time I was in Cartagena a year and a half ago, I have only heard good things about Juan V.

Loco Joe
09-09-07, 21:00
Thanks everyone for your comments about Juan. I made the reservation.

Cachorro
09-09-07, 23:28
Juan Ventura is trustworthy. My own experience and countless positive referrals back this up.

Misinformation
09-10-07, 00:16

Thanks for any info you may have.Don't ask people for advice like this. Nobody can help you because your ideas are unique. Just do it. Try small, take $1000 worth of stuff and go around and make contacts. Sell at or below cost. Sell for whatever you can sell for, as long as you make contacts. What is the worst case scenario? You spent $1000 and sold it for $300? So you lost $700 but imagine the week you spent. You made 25 contacts, you gained invaluable experience. You learned much about export and customs and marketing in foreign lands. You know what to watch out for next time, etc.... and you really would have needed to screw up to buy for $1000 and sell for $300. Imagine you met a girl and told her what you were doing. Instead of saying "come I'll give you $60", you are trying to expand your business to Cartagena.

Win win win. There is no possible negative outcome.

Winner71
09-10-07, 04:12
Actually I'm not going to flat out say this is not good advice, but I'd advise you to do your homework first.

Trying to "legally" get your money out of Colombia is a lot more difficult than you may think. Don't just assume you can wire transfer or Western Union money out.

Don't ask people for advice like this. Nobody can help you because your ideas are unique. Just do it. Try small, take $1000 worth of stuff and go around and make contacts. Sell at or below cost. Sell for whatever you can sell for, as long as you make contacts. What is the worst case scenario? You spent $1000 and sold it for $300? So you lost $700 but imagine the week you spent. You made 25 contacts, you gained invaluable experience. You learned much about export and customs and marketing in foreign lands. You know what to watch out for next time, etc.... and you really would have needed to screw up to buy for $1000 and sell for $300. Imagine you met a girl and told her what you were doing. Instead of saying "come I'll give you $60", you are trying to expand your business to Cartagena.

Win win win. There is no possible negative outcome.

Raw13
09-19-07, 03:51
I'm thinking about a visit to Cartegena in the next few weeks. Would this be hi or low season. I noticed Micheals name is no longer on the colombiarental.net website contact list. The guy was very helpful, anyone know if he is still around.

Tom 33
09-19-07, 12:15
I'm thinking about a visit to Cartegena in the next few weeks. Would this be hi or low season. I noticed Micheals name is no longer on the colombiarental.net website contact list. The guy was very helpful, anyone know if he is still around.
The next high season is 11/1 to 11/15.

Tom Cruze
09-20-07, 01:10
Any have any thoughts if the Miss Colombia Beauty Pageant is worth the visit? Any thoughts on the night life during that weekend?

Thanks

Puerto La Cruz
09-20-07, 03:07
A very good piece of misinformation.

Winner71
09-20-07, 06:54
Nightlife = clubs packed wall to wall. Very little room to even move.

Any have any thoughts if the Miss Colombia Beauty Pageant is worth the visit? Any thoughts on the night life during that weekend?

Thanks

Cpure
09-21-07, 18:00
The next high season is 11/1 to 11/15.Tom,

Was down there (CTG) last year, met you & stayed in playa. Was planning to come down again. Wanted to see if you were in CTG or MDE.

Tom 33
09-21-07, 21:54
Tom,

Was down there (CTG) last year, met you & stayed in playa. Was planning to come down again. Wanted to see if you were in CTG or MDE.
I will be in MDE from 9/26 until the end of Jan. Then 6 weeks in CTG and back to MDE.

Aussie Mate
09-22-07, 17:54
I plan on returning to Cartagena over the long TG holiday. Is this considered a high tourist time? Or is it just a normal weekend?

Can anyone recommend trustworthy English speaking Taxi driver?

Also, has anyone stayed at any of the Apartments in the Playa Mar building in Laguito?

AM

Malodr
09-22-07, 18:54
I plan on returning to Cartagena over the long TG holiday. Is this considered a high tourist time? Or is it just a normal weekend?

Can anyone recommend trustworthy English speaking Taxi driver?

Also, has anyone stayed at any of the Apartments in the Playa Mar building in Laguito?

AMI used Juan to get my rentals and there were 6 in my group. We stayed at three different locations and everything were fine.

You don't need a taxi. Grab anyone to take you to the Old City and then take anyone back.

Aussie Mate
09-22-07, 19:12
I used Juan to get my rentals and there were 6 in my group. We stayed at three different locations and everything were fine.

You don't need a taxi. Grab anyone to take you to the Old City and then take anyone back.

Yeah, I did that last time with the Taxi and it was actually rather easy. But I would like someone knowledgeable to take us around to some of the Casas.

Juan good but just wondering about the Playa Mar building if its one of the nice luxury ones. I don't want a Cockroach infested apartment like the Conquistador building.

I Stayed in one of Dave's apt. prior but looks like he sold the ones I liked.

Malodr
09-22-07, 19:19
Yeah, I did that last time with the Taxi and it was actually rather easy. But I would like someone knowledgeable to take us around to some of the Casas.

Juan good but just wondering about the Playa Mar building if its one of the nice luxury ones. I don't want a Cockroach infested apartment like the Conquistador building.

I Stayed in one of Dave's apt. prior but looks like he sold the ones I liked.

Juan covers about 8 buildings and then there is Mary that covers a few as well. I went to 3 casas and they were overpriced and not worth it. There is a breakfast place where some Americans hang out and there was a fureman that loves to do the Casa runs. He is there monthly.

Tom 33
09-22-07, 19:52
I own 902 in Playa Mar. Juan handles my rentals. The building is far from roach infested. However, if you are not careful with food, there will be a few roaches. No food waste ever stays in my apartment. It goes down the garbage chute.

We are currently replacing one of the elevators in the building.

Dogman2
09-22-07, 22:28

I Stayed in one of Dave's apt. prior but looks like he sold the ones I liked.Mery has a number of apartments available, including 5 in the new Mirador del Laguito building, 2 in Playa Mar, 2 in Torre Centauro and others.

Take alook at ColombiaRental.COM http://www.colombiarental.com/

The web site only shows a small portion of the apartments she has, but you get the idea and can email her via the web site or email me if you have any questions.

Zeus96
09-22-07, 22:35
I own 902 in Playa Mar. Juan handles my rentals. The building is far from roach infested. However, if you are not careful with food, there will be a few roaches. No food waste ever stays in my apartment. It goes down the garbage chute.

We are currently replacing one of the elevators in the building.I stay at Playa Mar with my amigos last Thanksgivings Holiday and had a blast. The apartment Juan rented us was perfect with known problems. We always rent from Juan.

Zeus96

Clodbuster
09-23-07, 02:00
Anybody have any experience with Spanish language schools in Cartegena? I'm considering a trip there and would like to take some language classes during the day.
Thanks,
CB

Raw13
09-23-07, 07:04
Has anyone stayed at the Sol de Caribe apartments in Laguito. I tried to get the same apartment in Torre Centauro but it wasnt available. Any and all input is appreciated.

So Slow
09-23-07, 09:02
Where to Stay: Call Juan that easy. I stayed in Playa Mar.

Where to Go:

LDV walk out of apartment go left about 6 block up stairs and in the door. Its a candy store! They ask anywhere from 150K to 300K. Pick and offer 150K and we leave now. Clincher is NOW. No more waiting no more drinks to convince me. Drank at apartment all stayed longer than assumed.

Pleyboy: (its how its spelled) Take a cab pay about 5-15k. A bit out of the way but has eat in (150k+) and take out (300k). Use same clincher as above. Bam.

Trusted Taxi: Invaluable Julio 3145024276 Was a boxer. Big boy. Nobody will bother ya.

It was that easy to get the marathon going.

Kdogg21
09-23-07, 10:36
Has anyone stayed at the Sol de Caribe apartments in Laguito. I tried to get the same apartment in Torre Centauro but it wasnt available. Any and all input is appreciated.

I stayed there in February. I liked it better then Torre Centauro. IN November you had to get the building security let you in. The room was nice, not much furniture. Right across the street from LDV.

Gonzo
09-23-07, 18:08
I did a week at the Nueva Lengua school in Gethsemani. I had Ricardo as a teacher, featured at the bottom of their web page: http://www.nuevalengua.com/cartagena.htm

The school is small and pretty basic, but I thought the instruction was pretty good. Ricardo was a good teacher, and Jesus, the jefe, is a nice guy also. Fairly cheap. One negative is that barrio Gethsemani, located near downtown, is really freakin' hot during the day (I went in June) and there's only fans to keep you cool in many of the rooms which have no windows. The classes are very small so you'll get a lot of personal attention/instruction from the teacher (they have to be, the rooms are very small). I did a half day thing, got out at lunch time, and had some nice meals at the many restaurants nearby. Met some nice gringas there, and we hung out a lot. Who wouda thunk it? PM me if you have any other questions. www.123teachme.com has rating from former students and I generally agree with their assessments:

http://www.123teachme.com/language_schools/view_rating/655

Anybody have any experience with Spanish language schools in Cartegena? I'm considering a trip there and would like to take some language classes during the day.
Thanks,CB

Jspile95
09-23-07, 18:55
Mery's apartments are ok if you are on a budget but Juan has much nicer apartments. His site is here: http://www.venpro.net/arriendos/english.htm

Mery has a number of apartments available, including 5 in the new Mirador del Laguito building, 2 in Playa Mar, 2 in Torre Centauro and others.

StudlyHungwell
09-30-07, 03:32
She is 19 works at LDV sometimes also with her cousin as a duo.

She's from Medelin and was called Dulce when I had her.

$100 US for 16 hours of heaven, great attitude highly reccomended.

Also loves to dance and do strip shows to get the party started.

Anyone else had the pleasure of this hot rod?

Studly

StudlyHungwell
09-30-07, 03:36
Enjoy boys, she is as hot as they come.

Raw13
09-30-07, 13:52
Is pleyclub or playboy club the same. Is it a casa or strip joint. I read that there are girls in Getsimani, but that area may be dangerous. I have to make phone calls to the states very early in the morning, most places that offer phone service open around 9am. I use sprint, customer service says they dont offer coverage there and they sent me a download to my phone to enable dual band and said I might have a signal. TIA, Raw

Tom 33
09-30-07, 14:40
Is pleyclub or playboy club the same. Is it a casa or strip joint. I read that there are girls in Getsimani, but that area may be dangerous. I have to make phone calls to the states very early in the morning, most places that offer phone service open around 9am. I use sprint, customer service says they dont offer coverage there and they sent me a download to my phone to enable dual band and said I might have a signal. TIA, Raw
The Pleyclub ran into problems with Playboy International and had to modify their name. It is a very high-end casa. I never paid the freight there.

There are many chicas to be had along Avenida Media Luna in Getsemani, but you really don't want to walk around there after dark. And the hunting doesn't get good until 10 pm or so. It is safe to shop by taxi.

There is really no need to do anything other than LDV, beach, and streets in Boca Grande and Laguito.

Member #3437
10-01-07, 20:32
There is really no need to do anything other than LDV, beach, and streets in Boca Grande and Laguito.

I agree Tom. The rest of it is just an exercise in aggravation. If you want to get out of the Laquito area, go to the mall (vivero de castellano) and walk around, or go to old town. But you are leaving the best mongering perhaps in all of colombia when you leave laquito and Boca Grande.

Tom, personal message. Sorry I missed you in colombia...In peru right now having fun!

Mr Lotto
10-02-07, 17:25
I am thinking about taking a date from MDE to Cartagena for a week in early December. Any suggestions on reasonable clean hotels or B&B's that are walking distance to a decent beach?

Cachorro
10-03-07, 01:29
I am thinking about taking a date from MDE to Cartagena for a week in early December. Any suggestions on reasonable clean hotels or B&B's that are walking distance to a decent beach?
There are no decent beaches in Cartagena.

I would recommend Santa Marta or San Andres instead.

Either that or spend a few days seeing the city sights in Cartagena and a few days on the nearby islands.

Raw13
10-03-07, 10:17
A decent beach to me is sun, sand , saltwater and waves, women in bikinis. Cartegena has all that.

Phunluv
10-03-07, 18:29
I'm thinking about a trip to Cartagena for early 2008. Since I don't get many vacation days from the job, I always travel around a holiday weekend to maximize what I do have so I'm looking at going down around either MLK or President's Day.

Do you guys think there'd be a better selection of chicas at the tail end of the CTG high season around MLK day (which is a little later for 2008, it's on Jan 21) or should I wait for President's Day (Feb 18) ?

Besides chica selection, I also want to try to avoid hordes of the Italo-Israeli crowd, not to mention the high season right after Christmas when I suppose the old city is full of Colombian families from all over the country.

I've been to Cali, Medellin, and Bogota. Will I find CTG disappointing compared to these other places? Is LDV and the rest of the scene really as dead/overpriced as some people say it is?

Tom Cruze
10-04-07, 00:09
A decent beach to me is sun, sand , saltwater and waves, women in bikinis. Cartegena has all that.Don't kid yourself about Cartegena beaches unless dirty black colored sand and marginal-to-less than average local girls in bikinis is what you like.

Florida, California, and even Texas beaches blow Cartegena away for the quality of beaches and eye candy, even in front of the CTG Hilton.

If someone knows a beach in Cartegena where hot chicks in bikinis frequent, please share that information. I'll deal with the mediocre beaches for decent beach-side eye candy.

Sean EZ
10-09-07, 05:18
Florida, California, and even Texas beaches blow Cartegena away for the quality of beaches and eye candy, even in front of the CTG Hilton.

If there was Toni running those beaches who'd need to go to Colombia lol

Tom 33
10-09-07, 12:42
If someone knows a beach in Cartegena where hot chicks in bikinis frequent, please share that information. I'll deal with the mediocre beaches for decent beach-side eye candy.
Try any beach in Bocagrande during high season. Everything is seasonal. Any Tuesday in Feb. will not make it.

Chi Town Hustler
10-11-07, 00:13
I need a little Help.

I'm looking for some girl frindley hotels or apartments.

Tom 33
10-11-07, 21:58
I need a little Help.

I'm looking for some girl frindley hotels or apartments.
http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm

Jobair
10-12-07, 01:46
Did CTG in Sept., must admit it was kind of slow. All in all OK but it got boring save for LDV, hate to admit.

Going back in November Thanksgiving... last year was better that time. Used a taxi driver, Fabian last time, he was OK but seemed coked out one night- not cool. And the guy called me 10 times a day.

Juan's drivers are OK but charge a lot. Hope to find a decent taxi guy to use for multiple hour hire kind of thing, who can fill in language gaps when my espanol falls short with the outside world. What are you paying for such a fare?

Tom 33
10-12-07, 10:44
Did CTG in Sept., must admit it was kind of slow. All in all OK but it got boring save for LDV, hate to admit.

Going back in November Thanksgiving... last year was better that time. Used a taxi driver, Fabian last time, he was OK but seemed coked out one night- not cool. And the guy called me 10 times a day.

Juan's drivers are OK but charge a lot. Hope to find a decent taxi guy to use for multiple hour hire kind of thing, who can fill in language gaps when my espanol falls short with the outside world. What are you paying for such a fare?
There is no need for a taxista in CTG. There is nothing you need to do outside of the tourist zone. And things are getting more unsettled out in the barrios. I lived in CTG for 4 years and never found a decent driver. But then I really didn't need one, either.

Davidb3069
10-12-07, 15:53
I did a week at the Nueva Lengua school in Gethsemani. I had Ricardo as a teacher, featured at the bottom of their web page: http://www.nuevalengua.com/cartagena.htm

The school is small and pretty basic, but I thought the instruction was pretty good. Ricardo was a good teacher, and Jesus, the jefe, is a nice guy also. Fairly cheap. One negative is that barrio Gethsemani, located near downtown, is really freakin' hot during the day (I went in June) and there's only fans to keep you cool in many of the rooms which have no windows. The classes are very small so you'll get a lot of personal attention/instruction from the teacher (they have to be, the rooms are very small). I did a half day thing, got out at lunch time, and had some nice meals at the many restaurants nearby. Met some nice gringas there, and we hung out a lot. Who wouda thunk it? PM me if you have any other questions. www.123teachme.com has rating from former students and I generally agree with their assessments:

http://www.123teachme.com/language_schools/view_rating/655

You'd be better off in Quito, Ecuador for language school. There are tons of them. It's major business there.

David B.

Davidb3069
10-12-07, 15:54
There is no need for a taxista in CTG. There is nothing you need to do outside of the tourist zone. And things are getting more unsettled out in the barrios. I lived in CTG for 4 years and never found a decent driver. But then I really didn't need one, either.

I agree. Other than an occasional trip to the mall to see a movie and just walk around, there's pretty much everything you need in laguito. The old city is good for a trip every once in a while too.

David B.

Davidb3069
10-12-07, 15:57
Don't kid yourself about Cartegena beaches unless dirty black colored sand and marginal-to-less than average local girls in bikinis is what you like.

I have tended to avoid the beaches all together in CTG. They are a hassle with the tonys trying to pull one over on you every chance they get. The touts are a major pain too. Not only do you have the regular touts but you get the food ones too.

David B.

Davidb3069
10-12-07, 15:59
I'm thinking about a trip to Cartagena for early 2008. Since I don't get many vacation days from the job, I always travel around a holiday weekend to maximize what I do have so I'm looking at going down around either MLK or President's Day.

Do you guys think there'd be a better selection of chicas at the tail end of the CTG high season around MLK day (which is a little later for 2008, it's on Jan 21) or should I wait for President's Day (Feb 18) ?

Besides chica selection, I also want to try to avoid hordes of the Italo-Israeli crowd, not to mention the high season right after Christmas when I suppose the old city is full of Colombian families from all over the country.

I've been to Cali, Medellin, and Bogota. Will I find CTG disappointing compared to these other places? Is LDV and the rest of the scene really as dead/overpriced as some people say it is?

I'd skip the January trip and go later. January is still high season in CTG. Prices will reflect it.

David B.

Davidb3069
10-12-07, 16:17

Questions:

Water Boy

As tom said, go to Cartagena. It's very safe. All my worries (like yours) dried up in a few minutes after I arrived. I've traveled by road outside of Cartagena (to Santa Marta) and had a good time also.

David B.

MJG Dogs
10-12-07, 17:34
It is really unsafe for people like you in Cartagena yet alone Colombia. May I suggest you go to Costa Rica. There you can surrounded by Gringos at the Hotel Del rey, everyone speaks english. There are a lot of girls, that will gladly part you from your money for 50 minutes of fun.

In san Jose you can get drunk, speak silly spanish and everyone will love you....

Oh yes, wear that Miami Hurricanes jersey with your sandals., during the day and your rolex with the Tony Lama Butch Ostrich boots at night, you will blend right in...

Jobair
10-12-07, 23:26
Basically the advantage of the driver was to go to Pleyboy, clubs or casas at night. Someone to roam with a little- just being stuck in Laguito gets a little tiring, it's not a big place really. In Sept. went to a late night club in old city, Electra, or something like that. It gets going at 3 am, was packed with talent. I mean really off the hook, saw a lot of the beach chicas there and others. Way better and different than the Tu Candela mainstream crowd, and of course a lot of the LDV crowd rotates there as well. Great brick oven thin crust pizza. But went with a random taxi and a chica. Actually got stopped on way home and frisked by the cops at a roadblock back to Laguito at 4 am. They were looking for drugs. They let me go after they saw I had no drugs. Pretty scary, they only searched me too. Was sad to see that Tripletera closed, I really enjoyed that as an alternate to LDV. Must say that I'd like to hit Chica Linda again, but really that's a good distance out and you want a reliable driver for that kind of roll.

Raw13
10-13-07, 00:08
My first trip to Cartegena was late Jan 2007. the beaches were pretty full, hot chicks in bikinis and all. I just got back from a 5 night stay in Cartegena and the beaches were slow except for sunday. If you cant find a hot chica that suits you in LDV your either queer or just to dam picky. I sat in there for hours in some kind of erotic transe. The hardest part is picking one out as there are many. The folks at colombiarental.net did a nice job, check in was smooth. I stayed in sc 803, its clean, comfortable , well equiped and acroos the street from LDV, close to resteraunts and stores. I suggest checking out Borrochitas, its a small bar about 150 feet from Sol de Caribe. They play American rock and roll and have a great selection of bourbon which is rare in Cartegena. There are usually other english speaking patrons in there which is nice if you travel solo as I do. The Loco Gringo has great coffee, internet and international phone calling for a very reasonable price. Andre is an english speaking driver that is very knowledgable, he knows lots of girls as well. His number is 377-415-8374. I had a great time, everthing is close, I never felt threatened or any danger at all but ALWAYS use caution.

MiamiHeatLuver
10-13-07, 01:53
My first trip to Cartegena was late Jan 2007. the beaches were pretty full, hot chicks in bikinis and all. I just got back from a 5 night stay in Cartegena and the beaches were slow except for sunday. If you cant find a hot chica that suits you in LDV your either queer or just to dam picky. I sat in there for hours in some kind of erotic transe. The hardest part is picking one out as there are many. The folks at colombiarental.net did a nice job, check in was smooth. I stayed in sc 803, its clean, comfortable , well equiped and acroos the street from LDV, close to resteraunts and stores. I suggest checking out Borrochitas, its a small bar about 150 feet from Sol de Caribe. They play American rock and roll and have a great selection of bourbon which is rare in Cartegena. There are usually other english speaking patrons in there which is nice if you travel solo as I do. The Loco Gringo has great coffee, internet and international phone calling for a very reasonable price. Andre is an english speaking driver that is very knowledgable, he knows lots of girls as well. His number is 377-415-8374. I had a great time, everthing is close, I never felt threatened or any danger at all but ALWAYS use caution.

Check that number again, because 377 is not a Colombian pre-fix..

StudlyHungwell
10-13-07, 04:15
Anyone in Cartagena and at the electra or LDV keep an eye out for Carolina, she is back in town and ready to entertain.

She is 250,000 colombian pesos for TLN but worth every peso.

Make sure you got some pot to smoke and reggatone music for her to dance to she is a very, very sexy dancer and a great entertainer of the erotic Kind

Studly

Ricker
10-13-07, 10:29
Anyone in Cartagena and at the electra or LDV keep an eye out for Carolina, she is back in town and ready to entertain.

She is 250,000 colombian pesos for TLN but worth every peso.

Make sure you got some pot to smoke and reggatone music for her to dance to she is a very, very sexy dancer and a great entertainer of the erotic Kind

Studly

Nice foto!

I'll be in Cartagena for a night or two soon.

I'll find this Carolina and get her TLN ... but for 80,000 pesitos :)

It's still Colombia!

Ricker
10-13-07, 10:32
Check that number again, because 377 is not a Colombian pre-fix..

Most likely a 317 prefix ... si?

Hey MIAMI HEAT ... off the subject a bit but, i met this Calena chica working in Curacao that you would love. A beautiful Mona!

Take care amigos!

Tom 33
10-13-07, 12:08
Basically the advantage of the driver was to go to Pleyboy, clubs or casas at night. Someone to roam with a little- just being stuck in Laguito gets a little tiring, it's not a big place really. In Sept. went to a late night club in old city, Electra, or something like that. It gets going at 3 am, was packed with talent. I mean really off the hook, saw a lot of the beach chicas there and others. Way better and different than the Tu Candela mainstream crowd, and of course a lot of the LDV crowd rotates there as well. Great brick oven thin crust pizza. But went with a random taxi and a chica. Actually got stopped on way home and frisked by the cops at a roadblock back to Laguito at 4 am. They were looking for drugs. They let me go after they saw I had no drugs. Pretty scary, they only searched me too. Was sad to see that Tripletera closed, I really enjoyed that as an alternate to LDV. Must say that I'd like to hit Chica Linda again, but really that's a good distance out and you want a reliable driver for that kind of roll.
You don't need a driver to leave Laguito. You can roam all of the Bocagrande Penninsula and all of the Old City on foot, by bus, or by hailing any cab off the street. It is all very safe.

Some guys just can't sit still and always need to be going to the next place. But there are plenty of next places in the tourist zone which includes all of the Old City. The casas are not in the tourist zone. Unless you really know what you are doing, I strongly suggest that you leave the casas alone. At the very least you will get ripped off by the casa and by the taxista.

There is no middle class in CTG. Generally the rest of CTG is poor to very poor. A girlfriend of mine lives in Poco Rojo, one of the poorest barrios in CTG. She tells me that things are getting worse there. Not all of the areas outside of the tourist zone are like Poco Rojo, el Mercado or la Popa. Some parts are a little nicer like Crespo and Manga. However, there is nothing to do in Manga and little to do in Crespo.

If you really have a taste for adventure, try trolling for chicas in el Mercado. They are very cheap as well, maybe 5 or 10K.

MiamiHeatLuver
10-14-07, 14:23
Most likely a 317 prefix ... si?

Hey MIAMI HEAT ... off the subject a bit but, i met this Calena chica working in Curacao that you would love. A beautiful Mona!

Take care amigos!

Ahh mi hermano, Always on the look out for me, Very Ironic because I just got back from MDE and met a very very pretty light skinned morenita that really dug me, regular girl though, but you could definately swoon her if you choose to go that route, will send you a pick to your private email, lol Peace M.H.L p.s. TOM congrats on 800 posts!

Jobair
10-15-07, 02:01
Definately sensed a higher desperation in the beach beggars and street male types in Sept. What you say has merit I'm sure and for that is appreciated. I can recall well armed soldiers entering in Casa Marino one evening, they were not menacing but it was not a comforting pass thru.

Perhaps of note to some then, next to Tu Candela there was an upstairs bar w/ balconies, think it is new, it was not very packed but some semi pros were in there I think and they seemed to be going to Tu Candela and then this (no cover) dark bar like in a bit of a rotation. Of course there's a noteworthy cover at Tu Candela. There's Electra but it's late, late night place. Beyond that, at night in the safer areas mentioned I've seen this list. But it is, in part, dated I believe.
El Laguito

1. La Dolce Vita (LDV), Carrera 1, 1A-10, 2nd Floor, L2-4, next to La Perla Del Caribe Casino

Bocagrande

1. La Escollera Bar-Disco, Bgde. Carrera. 1 Calle 5, C.C. El Pueblito,
2. La Luz Disco Club, Bgde., Carrera 1 No. 6-154, 1st. Piso, Hotel Cartagena Plaza,

El Centro

1. Tu Candela Bar, Carrera 7 # 32-25, Portal de Los Dulces,
2. La Tarzana, Carrera 7 # 32-67, 2nd floor, Portal de Los Dules, 10,000 Cover

3. Babar, Calle San Juan de Dios and Calle Santa Teresa, Tel: 57-5-664-4083, 8pm-4am.

4. Giro Matto Bar-BBQ, 32-12 Calle del Landranal, at Calle Las Damas and Calle Amargura,Tel.: (57 5) 664 7678 - 664 7806

5. La Tripletera, Calle de La Carretas # 34-63, COP60,000-100,000. (But it's closed I think)

6. Miami Club, 35-73/75 Calle del Porvenir, and Calle de la Soledad, 9pm-

7. Aquita e Coco, Calle Sogunda de Badillo, Open All Day.

MJG Dogs
10-15-07, 03:56
Jobair,

Less gringos does not help the locals.

Tom 33
10-15-07, 08:38
That list is a bit dated as you said. La Escollera was torn down 3 years ago. The clubs change names/owners regularly. Isis is one of the newer places in Centro. There are many clubs circling the Clock Tower Plaza. Stroll around. Remember that nothing happens until midnight.

El Tacaño
10-16-07, 11:04
Elektra,

One find there the same girls as in LDV or Tu Candela or is there any new supply?

El Tacaño
10-16-07, 11:45
Elektra,

Do I found there the same pussy from LDV or Tu Candela, or is there some fresh meat?

Ricker
10-17-07, 12:45
Elektra,

Do I found there the same pussy from LDV or Tu Candela, or is there some fresh meat?

Hey amigo, I love your name here on the ISG. I'm sure you're not overpaying! :) Suerte!

Kdogg21
10-17-07, 19:28
Elektra,

There won't be much new there. Many girls do a guy Short time and show up there after. Plus the LDV ones that did not get anything earlier.

Gonzo
10-18-07, 04:50
Originally Posted by El Tacaño

Hey amigo, I love your name here on the ISG. I'm sure you're not overpaying! :) Suerte!Do you think he smacks his elbow everytime he says his name?

Guilem G
10-19-07, 02:27
Elektra,

Do I found there the same pussy from LDV or Tu Candela, or is there some fresh meat?Buen nombre Tacaño!

Elektra works than the Cartagena "afterhours" the last place for find pussy in Cartagena. Las Chicas, go there when LDV, tu candela and Diva's is closing. You will find girls at 2.30, if you go before 2.30, probably you will be alone in this disco, except the weekend days. They close at 4 o'clock.

Better try Diva's or Isis, is at 10 meters from Tu candela. The girls from LDV are "pro's" and they are overpriced. Last january Isis was full of pretty paisas.
In diva's you will find pro's and semi pro's.

Guilem G
10-19-07, 02:42
4. Giro Matto Bar-BBQ, 32-12 Calle del Landranal, at Calle Las Damas and Calle Amargura,Tel.: (57 5) 664 7678 - 664 7806

5. La Tripletera, Calle de La Carretas # 34-63, COP60,000-100,000. (But it's closed I think)Sure, la tripletera is closed.

Giro Matto is closed too, now is a pub called La Quemada, with live music. Great place to go with your girl if you like spanish and latin music live.

Jobair
10-19-07, 13:37
Guilam,

Isis is very close to Tu Candela you say, but how far is Divas and Las Chicas from Tu Candela, are they all in the old city in same area?

Otown51
10-20-07, 23:19
Heading to CTG next month and thinking about renting a apartment in this buildings? Can anyone give me a rundown on the building and it's location in Laguito?

Thanks

Black Page
10-20-07, 23:37
i agree. other than an occasional trip to the mall to see a movie and just walk around, there's pretty much everything you need in laguito. the old city is good for a trip every once in a while too.
david b.

this is truly unbelievable. it is hard to conceive there is people so narrow-eyed. david, sorry, but i am speechless.
why to take a flight to ctg, if you can find what you seem to like also in tulsa's roads and malls? (tulsa is an example)
(i apologize if i am too direct, david, but i cannot refrain; i am not a "serial antagonist"...)

for everybody who may not know (if any):
- el centro of cartagena is rated by unesco as one of world heritage beauties; it is a dream walking around and watching people and buildings;
- el laguito has nothing except overpriced hotels and restaurants (and ldv, which however is not a destination i recommend for mongering, because full of "gringoes" and overpriced girls); the only reason to go there is the beach, where you may meet especially on weekends semi-pro's or non-pro's that cannot be forgotten;
- in el centro there are the best discos for mongering at night, the best restaurants (for ambient and food) and even the best hotels (some 5starts are among the most charming ones in the world).

however, it is always good to notice how much people is different. we all have different tastes, point of view, interests. that's why we dont crowd all together in the same places. that's why the world is interesting!

ps: i am going to post a long report on ctg in next days.
i am just back after one week spent there (my second time).

Tom 33
10-21-07, 01:26
this is truly unbelievable. it is hard to conceive there is people so narrow-eyed. david, sorry, but i am speechless.
why to take a flight to ctg, if you can find what you seem to like also in tulsa's roads and malls? (tulsa is an example)
(i apologize if i am too direct, david, but i cannot refrain; i am not a "serial antagonist"...)

for everybody who may not know (if any):
- el centro of cartagena is rated by unesco as one of world heritage beauties; it is a dream walking around and watching people and buildings;
- el laguito has nothing except overpriced hotels and restaurants (and ldv, which however is not a destination i recommend for mongering, because full of "gringoes" and overpriced girls); the only reason to go there is the beach, where you may meet especially on weekends semi-pro's or non-pro's that cannot be forgotten;
- in el centro there are the best discos for mongering at night, the best restaurants (for ambient and food) and even the best hotels (some 5starts are among the most charming ones in the world).

however, it is always good to notice how much people is different. we all have different tastes, point of view, interests. that's why we dont crowd all together in the same places. that's why the world is interesting!

ps: i am going to post a long report on ctg in next days.
i am just back after one week spent there (my second time).
i lived in ctg for 4 years and spent the vast majority of my time in el laguito. i am sorry if my lifestyle is not acceptable to you. i never gave a shit what happened in centro after dark. i am not a night person.

Kdogg21
10-21-07, 02:29
Guilam,

Isis is very close to Tu Candela you say, but how far is Divas and Las Chicas from Tu Candela, are they all in the old city in same area?

I found Isis overpriced, the chicas wanted over 200K for Short time. it is more of a strip club. Divas is practically beside Tu candela, I do not think there is a place called Las Chicas, he meant the the girls go to Electra at the end of the night.

Giro matto was asking 10K to get in and 10K for drinks, when they got competition (electra, no entrance fee, drinks cost less) they closed.

Black Page
10-21-07, 15:19
I lived in CTG for 4 years and spent the vast majority of my time in el Laguito. I am sorry if my lifestyle is not acceptable to you. I never gave a shit what happened in Centro after dark. I am not a night person.

Sorry Tom if I have been a bit too direct, frank, unpolite, or how you want to define it. It was and it is not my intention to argue or to have useless discussions. I respect you and all points of view.

Said so, my aim is to remind occasional readers of this forum that El Centro of CTG is reputed one of the most beatiful towns in the world (UNESCO's word, not only mine).
It is rich of history, colonial style architecture, fancy restaurants, hotels, high-end discos and bars, etc, for all pockets.
Laguito looks like a neighborough of a town in Florida, on the other hand. Good if the primary need is a plasma screen where watiching US football with a pint of beer.
I prefer El Centro, more stilish, but I respect who does not want to go there at night....

Since we talk about mongering, I also believe that best places are discos in the center.
My personal, very personal experience. Everybody feel free to disagree. I have to write a full report. I will in the next days.
In LDV, we find gathered all "gringoes" mongering in CTG. This raises competition and makes all prices higher, not to mention that if I travel to Colombia I prefer a place where there are not many tourists (US or European like me, it is the same).
To go to El Centro, basic skills of Spanish are certainly needed, on the other hand.

Tom 33
10-21-07, 22:38
Sorry Tom if I have been a bit too direct, frank, unpolite, or how you want to define it. It was and it is not my intention to argue or to have useless discussions. I respect you and all points of view.

Said so, my aim is to remind occasional readers of this forum that El Centro of CTG is reputed one of the most beatiful towns in the world (UNESCO's word, not only mine).
It is rich of history, colonial style architecture, fancy restaurants, hotels, high-end discos and bars, etc, for all pockets.
Laguito looks like a neighborough of a town in Florida, on the other hand. Good if the primary need is a plasma screen where watiching US football with a pint of beer.
I prefer El Centro, more stilish, but I respect who does not want to go there at night....

Since we talk about mongering, I also believe that best places are discos in the center.
My personal, very personal experience. Everybody feel free to disagree. I have to write a full report. I will in the next days.
In LDV, we find gathered all "gringoes" mongering in CTG. This raises competition and makes all prices higher, not to mention that if I travel to Colombia I prefer a place where there are not many tourists (US or European like me, it is the same).
To go to El Centro, basic skills of Spanish are certainly needed, on the other hand.
Fair enough. If you like to avoid Gringos, try Avenida Media Luna in Getsemane. But you may not want to get out of the cab.

More extranjeros on the Bocagrande Penninsula seem to attract more chicas. I haven´t been in LDV for at least a year and a half. But the chicas hang around during the day and are always looking for a few extra pesos. I have noticed that some are not happy with 60K anymore. Some seem to want as much as 80K. Fucking inflation.

Black Page
10-21-07, 23:59
Fair enough. If you like to avoid Gringos, try Avenida Media Luna in Getsemane. But you may not want to get out of the cab.

Ahemm... Maybe you understimate me :-)
I went there walking one night to accompany a chica who lives in a hotel there. No, she's not a drug-addict. She's a stunner met at Tu Candela returning late at night. She's been there since 3 months, or so she told me.
The Calle is ugly, but not so unsafe as you seem to mean.
It is perfectly walkable at any time of the night. I did it more than once.
All these budget crappy hotels are full of student tourists from US and Europe. They have no money but a copy of the Lonely Planet in hand.
Said so, when I went there I hid my watch in the pocket and I divided money in two places. Credit cards always in the hotel safe.

PS: I like US people. Dont misunderstand my words. But, if I go to Colombia, I prefer to avoid bars where they gather (or also where people of my country gathers)

Black Page
10-22-07, 00:10
in these reports, i will try to summarize a bit of *my* experience in cartagena (one week this time, nearly 1 week one year ago) for the benefit of those who will follow. i will not talk only of mongering, since even the most excited pill-addicted mongerer needs some rest and to look at other things, i believe.
i understand that this is my personal point of view and that not everyone will agree with everything i will write, but on the other hand i am sure that many others will share my thoughts.

warning
this report is not suited for you, if what you seek in a vacation abroad is, first, a sport bar where to watch football on a megascreen, in company of many other tourists of your same country. just skip this post.
also, i believe this report will not find much appreciation by those who find laguito the most exciting destination of cartagena, or that do not see anything interesting in the area within the fortification walls of el centro. as i said, the world is good because varied and everybody finds something most suited to personal taste. let us all carry on this... :-)

do i speak spanish?

basic spanish-speaking skills are definitely recommended. without spanish, you have to deal only with those who are well used to treat tourists. this is a not good-promising, especially if she is a chica... or not??
in any case, not speaking spanish will limit your possibilities too much here, whatever you want to do.
most people in ctg does not speak english. also, their spanish is actually "costeño" in most cases, rather hard to understand and different from other spanish dialects spoken in latin america.

should i stay in laguito or el centro?

this is the first question for all newcomers. i have been in ctg two times, the former (one year ago) i was in a hotel of bocagrande, the latter (now) in el centro.

bocagrande is a modern area, full of skyscrapers, tourist malls and restaurants, and all the like. being there, you will not notice you are in colombia, unless you dont talk to somebody or watch the look of most people.
hotels and restaurants, for the same level of service, are on the average more expensive than in centro. for example, compare the prices of hotels like almirante or caribe with those of 4/5-stars colonial-style luxury hotels of the centro (which non surprisingly are not quoted on expedia). they do not differ much.
if you stay in bocagrande, tough, you'll have the beach 5 minutes from your room. i understand this is not of deprived of value.
most restaurants here are very tourist-style, with standard menues and service, more tending to a fast food than to a restaurant where to taste delicacies to remember (there are exceptions, see below).

el centro is on the unesco's world heritage list. it exhibits an impressive fortification system (walls and a castle). all houses are in spanish colonial style.
there are hotels among the most charming ones of latin america (best roooms may cost from 300 to 1000 usd per night, though :-) ). i found a little but charming hotel (3 stars?), which costed me about 70 usd/night. there are also very-low-budget accommodations, good for youngsters who travel in group.
if you like to take photos, you'll be lost there. it is so nice to walk and just look people there.
there are countless good and excellent restaurants (they may cost up to 70 usd per person, warning!) for all budgets, to taste authentic costeño, criollo or caribe food (comida paisa is also available everywhere here and in bocagrande).
moreover, best places for hunting or just dancing at night are in el centro.

safety issues? you can walk at any time of the night at bocagrande, even if you are a blonde gringo-looking. in el centro, i'd say *almost* the same, but some care should be taken. it is full of police at any time. if you dont feel confortable, or you are exhibiting a big wallet and expensive watch, it is better you avoid going out of the fortification walls at night or walking alone at night at getsemani (i did it happily more than once, but i understand it may be problematic for others).
the fame of getsemani as a dangerous place is however exhagerated: many us youngsters take low-cost rooms there and stroll at night with no problems.

my choice, this time, was lodging at el centro. however, a taxi ride from bocagrande to centro or back costs the standard fare 5000$ (at any time! do not pay more).

more safety issues

in addition to the above, be prudent, but do not be afraid to walk at day outside the walls. for example, go to the castle (el castillo) on foot, to see something different than the central square of the town. people is good and if you stop to drink in a bar they will talk to you very friendly.

obviously, you should not go walking in a poor barrio wearing a rolex, but this is common sense also in usa, and not only in colombia. be prudent and you'll be safe.

make a stroll also in el mercado or getsemani. you'll see people and situations very different from what you are probably used at home. this is why we travel, in most cases, right?

one night, i spent one hour in the bar at the beginning of calle media luna in getsemani, in front of the garden. i had a beer, i watched music videos with noisy people there, i chatted with 2 guys and then with a girl who wanted to offer me her company for few pesos. i paid beers for them and a prawn cocktail for her from the man selling food outside the bar. she must not eat "coktels" very often, so i became the hero of the bar, for everybody.
it was a nice experience. none of them is dangerous for sure.

at night, just avoid to walk outside walls, especially if you are wearing expensive clothes, except the arsenal (core of nightlife for many good-family young cartagenians). i did it many times, however, strolling around the clock square ("reloy") and beyond, but i was keeping a "low-profile" look.
dangerous places, to be avoided at night and at day if you are alone, are certainly the roads outside the walls where there are bushes and trees. it happens that criminals hide there, waiting for single persons to robber. it is a well-known problem of security.
basic precautions and common sense will avoid problems, here like anywhere else. consider that ctg is one of the safest towns in colombia, due to the high pressure by the police.

(end of part 1/3) (part 2/3 follows...)

Black Page
10-22-07, 00:11
(...follows from part 1/3)

beaches

basically, i am sorry to say so, but the beach in ctg (bocagrande and laguito) sucks.
it is wide, with good sand, with inexpensive bars (1 beer and seat: 3000$), women that sell good plates of fresh fruit (salada de fruta: 5000$), sexy girls at times.
but: on one side there are the skyscrapers of bocagrande, on the other the water of the ocean, which is not transparent and not very appealing.
to have good sea, you better head to nearby islands by boat (e.g., islas del rosario, playa blanca, etc.).
warning: if you go to the beach to meet sexy girls, you'll stay in bocagrande on weekends. one year ago, i met a dream of a life (semi-pro).

restaurants

in bocagrande, if you are tired of fast-food, burgers or arepas, try the restaurants on the last beach before the beach of hilton (they are separated by a line of unwalkable rocks). you go there from the little alley (a) that begins at laguito where there is the police station, or from the previous alley (b) just 50m before coming from centro.
the best restaurant is the big one with terrace on sea (i dont remember the name!), left side at the end of alley b. fresh fish (pescados) and seafood (mariscos). open at night too.
at daytime, you will enjoy also the small cheap restaurant called marciana (at end of a). it is the last one and offers fresh catch-of-the day fish (but do not look at the kitchen...)

in el centro, it is simply a gastronomy feast, even for high-demanding gourmets.
if money is not a problem and you want to impress a high-end chica, try la vitrola (50-70usd) near cafe del mar or la casa del socorro (arsenal).
i tried also others, but good ones are countless! i remember juan del mar in san diego and santisimo (in range 30-40usd), stilish and good. better these ones than la vitrola, for price/quality. all famous for fish.

bars for drinking, eating and listening to music

these two are very classy bars of el centro, where to enjoy the view of cartagena in good company.
1) cafe del mar, on the walls of el centro.
spectacular breathtaking view of the sea and bocagrande, fresh wind from the sea, good cocktails. the music is very good and well selected: ambient, electronic and trance. stunning girls on display (many rich tourists, also colombians, like to bring there their stunning beauties for a drink).
2) casa de la cerveza, on the walls at the end of arsenal road. similar to cafè del mar. it is possible to eat well and drink beer made by them. high-end ambient. the amazing view is on el centro, bocagrande and el castillo.
3) donde fidel, aside tu candela, almost in plaza del reloy.
it has tables outside, on the square. in spite of the place, it is inexpensive and good. there, they play the best salsa music in town. inside, a thick crowd of local and some tourists exercises dancing, mixed all together.

discos for music

these places are not primarily meeting points for chicas (forget the ldv style).
they are places where people go to dance and have fun.

1) joy slava, in el centro, close to walls, not far from cafè del mar.
good disco, well known in ctg, where "normal" people go to dance. two rooms. it is certainly possible to meet also pro's, semi-pro's and non-pro's.
2) discos along the calle on the arsenal. this road is the "zona rosa" of el centro. it starts from the big square in front of the reloy (outside the walls!) and goes till the casa de la cerveza (near the bridge to la manga and el castillo).
completely safe to walk, although it is the outer border of getsemani.
if you go to walk along this road on any friday or saturday night, after 12am, you'll probably have severe problems when you'll be back home and you'll compare to the girls of your home country. it is unbelievable how many beautiful girls live in this country and how sexy they like to dress..! :-)
(i am speaking about normal girls that hang out with friends)

(end of part 2/3) (part 3/3 follows...)

Black Page
10-22-07, 00:12
(...follows from Part 2/3)

HOTELS

Why so many guys are worried to know if the hotel is chica-friendly or not?
Are you all so willing to bring somebody you dont know in your room, where you keep all your private things?
There are so many cheap and satisfying alternatives....

1) For the lazy one in Bocagrande.
Plenty of almost-sleazy hotels offer their rooms by the hour. They ask about 20k. I do not recommend them, unless you are on the hurry with a SW met on a street of Bocagrande at late night. Safe, but do not expect luxury forniture and service.

2) For the lazy one in El Centro.
Here, hotels that offer rooms by the hour are really not attractive. Lower quality worse cleanness than in Bocagrande. I do not recommend it.

3) Where I go and I recommend to go.
The place where to go, if you have a good classy chica met at LDV or other discos at ElCentro, is a motel specialized for this business. There, you will relax in a good environment, at any time 24h/24h, for a very cheap rate, without worrying about your stuff or what the personnel of your hotel may say.
Try:
- JAIBA (pronounce: "haiva"), a motel in an barrio just after Crespo (the way from El Centro to the airport, at right), 5-10 minutes by taxi from the Clock Square (Reloy).
Rooms from small and cheap to luxury suites. Cost is about 14k or 20k per 2 hours minìmum (YES, 7-10 USD!). Time is counted automatically, so you can stay all time you want.
You arrive by taxi, the car enters the slot, you walk up and nobody sees you. At the end, you call the bill by phone and it is delivered on a small window.
The rooms of medium quality are large, very clean, with glass shower box, well furnished, even a "sex chair" for trying multiple positions (see it to believe). It is a deluxe environment.
I cannot believe it: I suggested it in a previous report one year ago, but nobody replied to my post or seemed to react. It is by far the best accommodation I could recommend for this business: cheap and good. Try it one time and you'll tell me.
- CANGREJO. On the same street of Jaiba, cheaper and less beatiful. I did not try it. Maybe if Jaiba is full.
- DUNES. Not far from Jaiba, in a close-by barrio. Deluxe accommodation, better quality than Jaiba, more expensive, but still very cheap for the service provided: 28k for min 2 hours!
Standard price to go there by taxi: 10000$ from El Centro (15000$ from Bocagrande). Ask before leaving, so you will be not overcharged. Leave 1000-2000$ tip.
The same to go back. The motel will call you a taxi to return.
Dont worry to get lost: just ask the taxi driver "haiva" or "dunes". They all know them. All girls also know these places. So, you may let her to talk to the driver.

DISCOS FOR GIRLS

Finally, we come to the point: Where to meet pro and semi-pro chicas?

1) "LA DULCE VITA".

It is close to the casino, at the first floor of the building near where the road after Caribe bends to left heading to Hilton.
It is the most acclaimed destination in this forum. Guys, dont jump on me, but I cannot agree with that.
LDV is the main destination of all tourists in Bocagrande who have money but are not willing to move their ass, even by taxi. As a result, if you go there you'll find yourself competing with several gringoes or other rich tourists from Europe. Girls are pricey, when stunning, and more used to USD than to Pesos. Here, the quality of girls is not better than in discoes of El Centro.
However, I understand that my taste is not necessarily the same as of others, so I am happy to see that others will disagree with me (at least, we do not compete for the same resources!).

2) Discos in El Centro.

The most expensive and advertised is ISIS, 1 block from the Plaza de la Aduana. I never went there, since I dont like to be pulled by all poor boys who get money for bringing people there. As far as I know, it is pricey, but girls are stunning.

The best places that I suggest are TU CANDELA and DIVA. They are two discobars, with doors on the Plaza del Reloy. Cover only on weekends, when there is a lot of people, not all necessarily hunting for a mate. Tu Candela is less expensive: cocktails around 7000$, Diva more pricey: cocktails 13000$ or so.
Action on the above floors for both.
There, I met many stunning girls, so sexy that are hard to believe they are real and not product of synthesis. Age range: mostly 18-25. They ALL ask from 150k to 200k, but since there were not many men hunting around (at least in these days), I always bargained down to 100k-150k, without discussing about time (I guess TLN was offered, although I prefer to be back home later to sleep). Provided that I cannot imagine how a girl could be better, in terms of body, sexy attitude, etc., I am satisfied of what I spent.
If you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I mongered in several places (plus others, but I did not write reports). Well, I never saw such sexy girls, and so many all together, as in CTG!
I am still in love with two girls I met in Tu Candela and Diva. I know it's stupid, but I think about them and I even called one from my country. Power of being a godness...

Another good place is ELEKTRA, 1 block from Plaza del Reloy.
It is the disco where girls go after all other clubs close (2.30am). It took the role of Giro Matto, if you know what I mean.
It is the place where they try the last chance to have a mate for the night. I guess it helps bargaining...
It closes at 5am or so.

3) Other Casas

I tried PLEYCLUB (written like that, yes). It is a well-known strip club, with rooms and standard legal full service. It is in El Bosque, 10 minutes by taxi from Reloy.
About 12 girls, not bad but really one step down compared to what I was used to see in Tu Candela and Diva.
I asked the price: 150k for 20minutes! She told me this is the regulated price of the club, including the room.
Since I did not like the price, and the girl herself was attractive but not a goodness as I was starting to be used to (now I am back home and I feel drepressed), I decided to leave.
But, suddenly, lights on! Police ispection. Everyone checked for arms thoroughly. After that, smiles for everyone and music was back.
I waited 5 minutes and I left by taxi (too far and probably dangerous to attempt walking at night).

STREETWALKERS?

Yes, there are also SWs here. The quality cannot be the same as in clubs, but not bad, after all. In the following, I will talk only about SWs that can be met *walking* in places that are reasonably safe for a tourist.

A small group gathers each night at the corner of Plaza del Reloy, right-front entering the Plaza from outside through the Reloy door. Various kinds of, literally. Among several low-end women, one night I saw even a stunning black, club-type. Another night, a pregnant girl approaching 8 months or so. I just chatted a bit with the group, without investigating prices.

Others may be met on the benches in front of Tu Candela and Diva. They are different every night.

Another group meets all nights close to the bar in front of the Reloy, on the other side of the square, outside the walls, after the gardens, where Calle Media Luna begins (Getsemani). Along the Calle, there are others. At day, they are in the garden. Sometimes, they move to closeby streets.
They are not attractive, however, and they are mostly drug-addicted (I notice, however, that the same can be said for a few mongerers who attend this forum, so I would not blame them for this, since they live a hard life).

Many SW can be met in Bocagrande, night and day.
At day, some are available on the street that goes from the Police Station to Hilton.
At night, there, along the beach road and along the main road of Bocagrande (where there are all main shops).
Quality is not comparable to that of clubs. Prices are lower, though (I was asked 50k-60k).

(end)

Jelly Donut
10-22-07, 00:48
Heading to CTG next month and thinking about renting a apartment in this buildings? Can anyone give me a rundown on the building and it's location in Laguito?

Thanks

I stayed in Mirador del Laguito last December. It's a nice building pretty much across the street from Playa Mar. Not far from Torre Centauro. Closer to the Hilton than to LDV. But everything's pretty close together in Laguito.

My favorite building in Laguito is Sol del Caribe. I stayed there the first couple of times I visited Cartagena, it's not as nice as MdL, but I have good memories of the place and you can just roll out of bed and you are in LDV (conversely, you can roll right back into bed without needing a taxi).

I stayed in 1205 MdL for a while, with a couple of sisters. Plenty of room. 1205 was in good repair. There's a small pool at the top of the building. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Tom 33
10-22-07, 01:56
Ahemm... Maybe you understimate me :-)
I went there walking one night to accompany a chica who lives in a hotel there. No, she's not a drug-addict. She's a stunner met at Tu Candela returning late at night. She's been there since 3 months, or so she told me.
The Calle is ugly, but not so unsafe as you seem to mean.
It is perfectly walkable at any time of the night. I did it more than once.
All these budget crappy hotels are full of student tourists from US and Europe. They have no money but a copy of the Lonely Planet in hand.
Said so, when I went there I hid my watch in the pocket and I divided money in two places. Credit cards always in the hotel safe.

PS: I like US people. Dont misunderstand my words. But, if I go to Colombia, I prefer to avoid bars where they gather (or also where people of my country gathers)
The end of Media Luna furthest from Parque de Centenario is quite dangerous after 9:00 pm. Cartagena, outside of the tourist zone, is becoming more dangerous. Ten cuidado.

Thanks for your long write-up. You have some good info there. The very nice restaurant on the northern tip of Manga Island is Club de Pesca.

Otown51
10-22-07, 02:44
I stayed in Mirador del Laguito last December. It's a nice building pretty much across the street from Playa Mar. Not far from Torre Centauro. Closer to the Hilton than to LDV. But everything's pretty close together in Laguito.

My favorite building in Laguito is Sol del Caribe. I stayed there the first couple of times I visited Cartagena, it's not as nice as MdL, but I have good memories of the place and you can just roll out of bed and you are in LDV (conversely, you can roll right back into bed without needing a taxi).

I stayed in 1205 MdL for a while, with a couple of sisters. Plenty of room. 1205 was in good repair. There's a small pool at the top of the building. The staff were friendly and helpful.Hey Jelly,

Thanks for the information, sounds like it will be a great spot. I have not been in CTG for a couple of years, but the rolling is the best part of the vacation. For what I have been reading on the board Cartagena will be a different exprience. The hunt begins in 27 days.

Beavis
10-22-07, 03:29

If I go to any country I prefer to avoid where the gringos go. We have to be some of the most obnoxious people on the planet. Too many Americans have never been anywhere and haven't a clue how to behave in another land.

MJG Dogs
10-22-07, 04:09
also do not want to be around the Italians either whom in some ways are much worse then my esteemed gringo countrymen.. If you do not want to be around gringos or Italians avoid LDV

Dodger Bulldog
10-22-07, 04:33
also do not want to be around the Italians either whom in some ways are much worse then my esteemed gringo countrymen.. If you do not want to be around gringos or Italians avoid LDVThank you so much for sharing, my good friend!

DB

Raw13
10-22-07, 14:04
I just returned from 5 nights in Cartegena. In LDV I met Italians, Frenchmen, Germans, Guys from Holland and Colombians ,as well as other americans. Most of them were in town for the flower show. We all got along ok. I suppose some guys respond differently to tetesterone overload and alcohol.

Davidb3069
10-22-07, 20:40

i have spent several months there combined in several trips and i've been to centro a few times. it's a nice place to walk around...but in terms of picking up chicks, i can do that at ldv. centro starts too late. i'm not a real night owl. i prefer to get my business done earlier in the evening (9-10pm max). the heat in ctg wears me out and sucks my energy pretty quick.

i am not a big ctg fan anymore. i discovered quito, ecuador. it's a whole lot cheaper and it suits my needs. ctg is wayyyyy too expensive and it's a pain with all the touts. it will be probably a long time before i return there.

ctg gets to be kinda boring after awhile. dealing with the guys from isreal is not my thing either. they seem to take over the place. i had a specific bar and person i went down to visit...but that bar has changed hands...and the person has moved on.

to each their own. i have been all over the world and quito is something different at the moment. i am likely to go to thailand, vietnam, or cambodia next though. i won't be able to go anywhere, however, for another 6-8 months as i broke my leg/wrist in a motorcycle accident and i'm bed-ridden at the moment. i do enjoy reading people's posts though.

david b.

Black Page
10-22-07, 20:45
I just returned from 5 nights in Cartegena. In LDV I met Italians, Frenchmen, Germans, Guys from Holland and Colombians ,as well as other americans. Most of them were in town for the flower show. We all got along ok. I suppose some guys respond differently to tetesterone overload and alcohol.

I am so sorry I seem have started this flame. I never meant that.
One time for all: my point was NOT that I dont like the company of Americans at LDV or anywhere else!!
My point is that I travelled 10000 km from Europe to go to Colombia.
I dont do that to be willing to spend my time in a pub where to enjoy the company of 10 American guys, 10 Italians, 10 Dutch, etc. etc. etc. and where the most spoken language is English.
Please dont start to argue about the good or bad behaviour of Americans, Italians, etc. in Cartagena. I know how bad Americans do behave, as I know very well how bad Italians do (also other nations run the same bad competition, though).

I just meant to say that, if I can choose, I prefer to go in a place where the number of non-Colombians is minimum, since I travelled to Colombia and I wish to spend my time with locals as much as possible. Only this.
My ideal bar in Cartagena is a place where 8 sexy Colombian girls are waiting to talk with the only stranger (me). It happened to me in Tu Candela. :-D
I hope I have been clear enough.
Let nobody feel hurted by my posts, please.

Davidb3069
10-22-07, 20:55

i should add too that not everyone gives a crap about old buildings. it's interesting to look at the first few times but then it's "been there, done that". i go to different cities around the world to bang the chicks. i go where i have an interest due to 1) cost of the city or 2) reputation for hot chicks or 3) i want to see what the excitement is all about.

i found out that ctg is 1) very expensive 2) the chicks are very hot but they migrate to other nearby countries as well so you can still bang a colombian while not in colombia and 3) colombia really isn't that big of a deal. ctg is very safe. santa marta is a relaxing place. i haven't had a big interest in seeing other parts of colombia that may or may not be more problematic. i like nice relaxing, non-dramatic vacations.

mongering in colombia is not much different than any other central/south american country i've been in -- except for cost.

david b.

Davidb3069
10-22-07, 21:08
I just meant to say that, if I can choose, I prefer to go in a place where the number of non-Colombians is minimum, since I travelled to Colombia and I wish to spend my time with locals as much as possible. Only this.
My ideal bar in Cartagena is a place where 8 sexy Colombian girls are waiting to talk with the only stranger (me). It happened to me in Tu Candela. :-D

I actually find it kind of exhausting after a while speaking 100% spanish throughout the day. It's nice to give my brain a rest and speak English with someone. I'm not fluent but I am beyond conversational. Unless you're perfectly fluent, it's exhausting (at least to me) to be translating in your head all the words all day.

You also might discover if you go for more than a week at a time that having a stimulating conversation with someone able to talk about world issues, or issues of mutual interest might be nice. The locals in general are not conversationalists of anything of substance (at least in my experience). I did meet a few that were more worldly or business-like and had something to say. Very few.

David B.

MJG Dogs
10-22-07, 22:32
If you want to speak English with people then hit LDV and talk to the gringos. At this time you really do not want to get into political discussions with any other group, especially europeans, for they have a blind hatred of US foreign policy and feel that we should run our country like there's, you know appease appease appease. I would recommend an interesting group to converse with would be the younger Israeli's whom many are on holiday, from military service. they are an interesting group with strong opinions, however they are much more balanced than talking to the Europeans, whom think we are all the Great Satan. You would have not belived the shit that came of out of couple of Italians in Cartagena last summer, how they believe that we kill poor people, that people die in our streets of starvation, un beliveable, and then of course they played the " fucking american jew" card, even though I was born a catholic. I reminded them that it was Italians that mugged and beat American tourists in Naples, where as nobody here bothers Italians visiting.

It is your call to talk politics while on vacation.. Not recommended IMHO

Black Page
10-22-07, 22:56
Neither here....
Would we just talk about the subject of this forum?
If we start to comment single sentences, we never finish (and I just say that I do not agree with what you wrote: there are stupid Italians and stupid Americans; should we count them?).

Jelly Donut
10-22-07, 22:59
Black Page -

Thanks for your posts, it sounds like you covered some places people have not written on this board before. I'm curious about how you came across those motels near Crespo, since it's not the most obvious area to visit, even if you've been to Cartagena previously. Shows some good motivation. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Black Page
10-22-07, 23:07
Black Page -
Thanks for your posts, it sounds like you covered some places people have not written on this board before. I'm curious about how you came across those motels near Crespo, since it's not the most obvious area to visit, even if you've been to Cartagena previously. Shows some good motivation. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks for thanking me for the information provided!
I write to help others, as I would like to be helped, not to raise pointless flames.

Motels are NOT a secret. Any pro girl that you may meet in bars of El Centro knows them. They are very well known and well attended by all kinds of couples in CTG (except tourists). This is why I lamented that most people attending this forum remains segregated in Bocagrande and LDV. There's a whole world out there. Why to spend a whole vacation only in LDV?
My policy: ask around, explore, walk, wander, talk, be curious....

I tried Jaiba my second day in CTG last year. The girl I met on the beach suggested me it. This year, I tried it other 3 times, and 1 more time Dunes. In all cases, all taxi drivers and girls knew them very well. It is not a secret.

Kdogg21
10-22-07, 23:18
Black Page, thanks for the report. I heard Tu Candela had more Pros and semi pros working there. When I was there in february there were mostly couples in there.
I guess I will have a look in a few weeks.

Beavis
10-22-07, 23:35
This almost reminds me of a thread where a guy from New York wanted to know where he could find overweight American women in the DR.

One poster replied, "Why go to the DR, just go to the lcal mall and hang around the food court."

Tom 33
10-23-07, 01:25
In my 5 years in Colombia I have run across more asshole Colombians on a percentage basis than any other nationality. If you only want to be with Colombians, stay out of the tourist zone. Better yet, try Cucuta or Buenaventura.

I´m pretty happy hanging with whoever happens to be around, or I go back to my apartment.

There are fewer assholes during the day. Go to bed at 8:00 pm.

¿Que mas?

Polvo
10-23-07, 16:25
In my 5 years in Colombia I have run across more asshole Colombians on a percentage basis than any other nationality. ......¿Que mas?From "Killing Pablo": The joke Colombians told was that God had made their land so beautiful, so rich in every natural way, that it was unfair to the rest of the world; He had evened the score by populating it with the most evil race of men. Hmmmm.

Polvo

Davidb3069
10-23-07, 17:24
If you want to speak English with people then hit LDV and talk to the gringos. At this time you really do not want to get into political discussions with any other group, especially europeans, for they have a blind hatred of US foreign policy and feel that we should run our country like there's, you know appease appease appease. I would recommend an interesting group to converse with would be the younger Israeli's whom many are on holiday, from military service. they are an interesting group with strong opinions, however they are much more balanced than talking to the Europeans, whom think we are all the Great Satan. You would have not belived the shit that came of out of couple of Italians in Cartagena last summer, how they believe that we kill poor people, that people die in our streets of starvation, un beliveable, and then of course they played the " fucking american jew" card, even though I was born a catholic. I reminded them that it was Italians that mugged and beat American tourists in Naples, where as nobody here bothers Italians visiting.

Where did I say politics? I didn't mention that word. I don't discuss politics (except to mention a quick blurb about the dumbass we have for a president).

I was in Europe 2 weeks after September 11th. Trust me, I know how we're hated.

Why would I want to hangout with someone from Israel that probably hasn't showed in a week and looks like it too?

David

MJG Dogs
10-23-07, 20:07
Kinda of funny becuase the Israeli's that I talked to were a lot cleaner that some of the Italians that I saw. I see your playing the anti-semite card also David, you must be a Democrat...

Black Page
10-23-07, 21:13
Dear fellow real serious mongerers,
did you have a look on last posts?

I hope that now it will be clear to everybody why in Cartagena, as I repeatedly stated, I dont like to spend my time in areas where many foreigners (Americans, Italians, Jewish, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish,....) gather, while I prefer places with many Colombian girls and few other competitors. I am more interested in good pussy than in listening why Europeans would supposedly hate Americans with no reason.

Am I the only in this forum who would like to talk and read informative reports about pussy and not about claimed bad habits of Jewish, Americans, Democrats, Italians, etc? Is this an ISG forum or what?
This will be my last out-of-topic message. Sorry for this too. I hope most people will understand.
Thank you.

MiamiHeatLuver
10-23-07, 21:17
BP ask Jackson to create a COLOMBIA politics and views forum. I think its about time. no?

Hoof Hunter
10-24-07, 00:49
Great informative posts. I commend you for going on vacation to Colombia and exploring and seeing things off the beaten path. Truth be told, one of the last things I PLAN to do on vacation is visit gringo-laden, and ex-pat establishments. All aren't equal, some better than others, but I travel to experience different events and cultures, and have done very well in doing so, esp. in Colombia. Some people NEED camaraderie with other gringos to be comfortable. Their choice, no worries.

Your reports are well-intentioned. However, as you've seen, people take whatever they want and twist it to their own understandings/beliefs/discriminations. So, just give it a rest. It's not your fault. Your report will stand up its merit.

It's great to finally see a report that veers past the typical LDV, Bocagrande reports and introduces other spots. Tu Candela is a cool spot to hook up with non-pros and pros alike, and gringos DO frequent the place. You can also do well in the Getsemani bars as well. I've had success in both La Quinta and Mr. Babillas. There are other spots that I went around "dangerous" parts of Centro as well. Fun times by all, no violence, great music = a lot of dancing, cheaper drinks, and lots of interested conversations with the locals, pero solo en español.

Anyway, good job on the report.

Dear fellow real serious mongerers,
did you have a look on last posts?

I hope that now it will be clear to everybody why in Cartagena, as I repeatedly stated, I dont like to spend my time in areas where many foreigners (Americans, Italians, Jewish, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish,....) gather, while I prefer places with many Colombian girls and few other competitors. I am more interested in good pussy than in listening why Europeans would supposedly hate Americans with no reason.

Am I the only in this forum who would like to talk and read informative reports about pussy and not about claimed bad habits of Jewish, Americans, Democrats, Italians, etc? Is this an ISG forum or what?
This will be my last out-of-topic message. Sorry for this too. I hope most people will understand.
Thank you.

Sean EZ
10-24-07, 05:32
Dealing with the guys from Isreal is not my thing either. They seem to take over the place.

Why would I want to hangout with someone from Israel that probably hasn't showed in a week and looks like it too?

3069 what's your beef with Israelis? Are you angry with them because the girls prefer them to a typical gringo visitor, overweight, 50's, dressed in wall-mart clothes, statistically speaking? Or is it you just happened to dislike jews. Whatever it is please follow the forum rules and do not post messages that are racist or discriminatory

Black Page
10-24-07, 17:57
It's great to finally see a report that veers past the typical LDV, Bocagrande reports and introduces other spots. Tu Candela is a cool spot to hook up with non-pros and pros alike, and gringos DO frequent the place. You can also do well in the Getsemani bars as well. I've had success in both La Quinta and Mr. Babillas. There are other spots that I went around "dangerous" parts of Centro as well. Fun times by all, no violence, great music = a lot of dancing, cheaper drinks, and lots of interested conversations with the locals, pero solo en español.
Anyway, good job on the report.
Thank you for appreciating the time I spent on it.

I completely agree with you about bars and places in Getsemani. They must be excellent spots also for meeting girls, but I could not try.
The problem is that I had only 6 days in CTG. Many nights I was out with some Colombian friends of mine (the purpose of the trip was actually another one), who are completely unaware of my second activity. After my official return to the hotel, I waited a bit before escaping out for the second part of the night. Given these time constraints, I could not explore more.

I happy to see, however, that here I am not the only one who likes to go off the beathen path. In some "dangerous" bars of CTG me too I had a lot of fun, cheaper drinks, dancing etc, not to mention the consideration of locals, happy to see somebody not afraid to mix. By the way, if we consider dangerous the bars of Getsemani, I would not know how to define the 8-USD bars in Quito described by Tunguraha... :-)
After my visit to 3stars, I think I am ready to go everywhere....

Let us stop talking about this, however: if I insist too much, next time I will find all rooms of Jaiba already taken by ppl from LDV and English will be the official language at Mr. Babillas. I prefer that places as they are now.

AddictedToWomen
10-24-07, 18:18
3069 what's your beef with Israelis? Are you angry with them because the girls prefer them to a typical gringo visitor, overweight, 50's, dressed in wall-mart clothes, statistically speaking? Or is it you just happened to dislike jews. Whatever it is please follow the forum rules and do not post messages that are racist or discriminatory

The original post was pretty inflamatory. I just left the site while I went to chill.

Huge Hefner
10-24-07, 18:54
I've been to Pussy Paradises around the world, But I have not had the pleasure of Columbia yet, I am planning on making that my next stop, Cartagena seems like the most appropriate place, What is the going rate there for Pussy?

Blunderer
10-24-07, 22:00
If you don't like my opinions, block my messages...
David

I'm not having a go.. I went through a phase of about 10 years where I met a lot of Israeli dickheads, but in the last 5 years every single one I've been has been brilliant.

I've been through similar phases with the Americans, Germans, British, Australians - you name it... you never know who you'll meet around the next corner or on the next bar stool.

I would remind you that whatever your motivations, arbitrarily disliking one group for their nationality is in fact textbook bigotry.

bigotry: intolerance toward those of different creeds or religious affiliations

I only say this because your other posts sound a little groovier, and you might not realize how your words sound to others. Change the Israeli to black in your sentences then see if you like the way you sound to yourself. You are correct in that these words would apply to the recent comments about Colombians as well. There should not be a strain of bigotry that becomes tolerable as bigotry has a tendency to mutate beyond its original form and grow.. once we accept one form, where do we draw the line?

Tom 33
10-24-07, 22:33
Or Tom's comments about Colombians being assholes.
May I suggest that you learn how to read?

There are assholes of all stripes, nationalities and colors. No group has a corner on the market. I have spent a lot of time with the Israelis in Laguito and count the owner of the Israeli Restaurant as a good friend. I don't drink or drug with them, but I enjoy their company. And, yup, a few of them are assholes.

I'm looking to buy some Tony Llama ostrich boots. And I'm overweight.

MiamiHeatLuver
10-24-07, 22:55
May I suggest that you learn how to read?

There are assholes of all stripes, nationalities and colors. No group has a corner on the market. I have spent a lot of time with the Israelis in Laguito and count the owner of the Israeli Restaurant as a good friend. I don't drink or drug with them, but I enjoy their company. And, yup, a few of them are assholes.

I'm looking to buy some Tony Llama ostrich boots. And I'm overweight.

Unfortunately ALOT of the Israeli's I have encountered here in MIAMI and New York are indeed always on the defensive and think everybody is out to screw them AND always have a feeling of a kill or be killed attitude. BUT that is due to 50 years of opression and terrorists attacks and the mandatory Military mandate they are forced to partake in at 16yrs old. It might make anybody intense and edgey! On the other note I do hope Jackson cleans this thread-up INCLUDING my post!

Beavis
10-25-07, 03:35
i'm looking to buy some tony llama ostrich boots. and i'm overweight.

tom you will never be a tona lama butch, you are too cool. plus i know you would never wear a speedo.

MJG Dogs
10-25-07, 04:21
There you can get all of the information you need for Tony Lama Boots, rolex's from China and Tijuana and Time shares sold by a guy named Rickie from Florida, or 1/50th of a share of a teak farm that does not exist...

I do like your Satire , Tom.....

Tom 33
10-25-07, 13:48
plus i know you would never wear a speedo.
hell, i'd gross myself out in a speedo.

Jelly Donut
10-26-07, 23:46
I've been to Pussy Paradises around the world, But I have not had the pleasure of Columbia yet, I am planning on making that my next stop, Cartagena seems like the most appropriate place, What is the going rate there for Pussy?

Off the street, 40k COP is the lowest I've heard for short term. Hotter girls in the more popular spots may kick off the negotiations at 300k COP for all night. People have paid more with success.

Beavis
10-27-07, 00:55
friends don't let friends wear speedos, end of discussion.

Tom 33
10-27-07, 01:36
Off the street, 40k COP is the lowest I've heard for short term. Hotter girls in the more popular spots may kick off the negotiations at 300k COP for all night. People have paid more with success.
You can go even lower than 40K but generally not for most short-time visitors. I'm not a hard negotiator, and I have paid 50 to 60K for street girls in Laguito and along San Martin. I have paid 80K for certain top-flight street girls. LDV girls will ask for 150 to 200K for ST. If there are fewer potential customers, you can get a better deal.

Ray X
10-27-07, 23:35
Going down with a few friends to Cartagena in few weeks. Wanted to know if there are other discoteques such as Pleyboy around that are monger friendly. I was there last year and had a great time but need variety though and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also going on a few day excursion trip to Santa Marta, is there any monger action going there or any spots that I can check out that are full of chicas.

Thanks!

Black Page
10-28-07, 00:53

Have a look on my long reports entitled "Cartagena Basics", Parts 1-2-3, posted on 10-22-07.
In addition to a wealth of various information, you'll find what you ask.

To summarize what I experienced (lower prices in areas where a normal tourist is not advised to go):
- SWs at night at Bocagrande ask 50k-60k;
- some nice SWs who wanders at daytime in Laguito area ask up to 150k (bargained to 80k);
- SWs at Parque Centenario and at beginning of Calle Media Luna at night may ask less than 60k (up to 25k!)
- SWs at Plaza del Reloy on benches and under the porch at night ask from 60k to 200k!! (just refuse and bargain)
- most girls at bars/discos in El Centro ask first a standard fee of 150k-200k, but I always bargained and paid less or very much less (read my report);
- more info in the cited reports.

IMPORTANT NOTE: this standard fee for girls in bars/discos of El Centro is independent of the beauty. A cpl of girls I met there are undoubtably among the most stunning knockouts I *saw* in my whole life (and I have some experience). I still dream of them and I cannot return to normal life...
A girl like that, in any business city of Europe or USA, might easily ask 1000USD or more for a night and still would have many customers (not me...).
I hope they will never have a visa :-)

Davidb3069
10-28-07, 18:02
Going down with a few friends to Cartagena in few weeks. Wanted to know if there are other discoteques such as Pleyboy around that are monger friendly. I was there last year and had a great time but need variety though and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also going on a few day excursion trip to Santa Marta, is there any monger action going there or any spots that I can check out that are full of chicas.

Thanks!

I posted some messages on places to go in Santa Marta after I visited there for about 5 days.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=592612#post592612

Scan earlier messages as well in that forum and you'll see us discussing the area.

David

Guilem G
10-30-07, 01:48
I found Isis overpriced, the chicas wanted over 200K for Short time. it is more of a strip club. Divas is practically beside Tu candela, I do not think there is a place called Las Chicas, he meant the the girls go to Electra at the end of the night.

Giro matto was asking 10K to get in and 10K for drinks, when they got competition (electra, no entrance fee, drinks cost less) they closed.Sorry kdog, my english level is very very low! Las chicas = the chicas = the girls.

Guilem G
10-30-07, 03:55

I stayed in 1205 MdL for a while, with a couple of sisters. Plenty of room. 1205 was in good repair. There's a small pool at the top of the building. The staff were friendly and helpful.You really think that Sol del Caribe is better than Mirador? Mirador is a new building, Sol del Caribe got same quality skills?

Guilem G
10-30-07, 05:00
Hey guys,

I've been in CTG all July, and you can be sure, Centro is completely safe 24 hours a day. Centro is closed to cars during the afternoon and the night, and there are a lot of policemen. Only a crazy thieve will try to robber a tourist in centro or bocagrande during nightime (few ways to go out, and a lot of ways controled by police and military).

You only can have problems with "Gamines" (poor child that will ask you for some coins, and will walk with you all time if you don't give them some money).

But don't walk there alone, like a dumbass tourist, with a camera or jewelry or under the drugs or alcohol effects. That can be dangerous in any place of the world.

If you are young (between 20 years and 40 years), you have time, and speak fluent spanish, try to go to Joy Slava, Mr. Babilla or Babar during the weekend. You will probably will fuck for free with really beauty costeñas. It's incredible, there normal girls fuck like porn stars, they are very very hot.

I think that Centro is very better place for mongering than Bocagrande, more places, more girls, best girls non pro's (GFE experience), best attitude, low price and safe.

Most of the girls in LDV are like the european putas, don't like BBBJ, don't like anal, don 't like BBBJWF, don't like french kiss. And they only think in $$$$. Really boring.

Black Page
10-30-07, 11:05
Hey guys,

I've been in CTG all July, and you can be sure, Centro is completely safe 24 hours a day. Centro is closed to cars during the afternoon and the night, and there are a lot of policemen. Only a crazy thieve will try to robber a tourist in centro or bocagrande during nightime (few ways to go out, and a lot of ways controled by police and military).

You only can have problems with "Gamines" (poor child that will ask you for some coins, and will walk with you all time if you don't give them some money).

But don't walk there alone, like a dumbass tourist, with a camera or jewelry or under the drugs or alcohol effects. That can be dangerous in any place of the world.

If you are young (between 20 years and 40 years), you have time, and speak fluent spanish, try to go to Joy Slava, Mr. Babilla or Babar during the weekend. You will probably will fuck for free with really beauty costeñas. It's incredible, there normal girls fuck like porn stars, they are very very hot.

I think that Centro is very better place for mongering than Bocagrande, more places, more girls, best girls non pro's (GFE experience), best attitude, low price and safe.

Most of the girls in LDV are like the european putas, don't like BBBJ, don't like anal, don 't like BBBJWF, don't like french kiss. And they only think in $$$$. Really boring.

oh finally I see that I am not the only one on this forum who understood this... (see my reports)
Pls stop now. I dont want to find all good places spoiled, my next time in CTG. :-)

Cachorro
10-31-07, 00:47
oh finally I see that I am not the only one on this forum who understood this... (see my reports)
Pls stop now. I dont want to find all good places spoiled, my next time in CTG. :-)
Just think I should mention, while you're patting yourself on the back...

You're not the first to put up this info about Centro and the Crespo motels.

Nor was I the first, people have been mentioning Tu Candela for ever.

Some guys have their favourite places. But they don't pump them on this site. They like being the only gringo in the place.

In the end, it's whatever suits your needs. You say LDV is expensive and you're rapt to be paying 100-150k at Tu Candela. I'm paying 100-120k for LDV girls. Other guys are pulling hot girls off the street for 60k.

Most nights I prefer LDV since the music is "bailable" (not electronic music like in Elektra). And every girl in the place is working, so you never have to doubt your choice.

If you had good experiences in Tu Candela, you're wise to keep it under your hat. There is not that much available supply in that bar. Before too long, less fluent guys are going to let their money talk and gazump you for the girl you wanted.

Black Page
10-31-07, 02:48
You're not the first to put up this info about Centro and the Crespo motels.

OK my first post on Jaiba was on Nov. 2006, actually between your two posts. You were first. (but try Dunes: it is better)
On the other hand, in spite of our posts, I notice that these motels are still unknown to everybody in this forum. It seems we are the only ones aware of them.

In the end, it's whatever suits your needs. You say LDV is expensive and you're rapt to be paying 100-150k at Tu Candela. I'm paying 100-120k for LDV girls. Other guys are pulling hot girls off the street for 60k.

I paid 20k in Bogota for a sweet 18yo teen in Santafe. :-)
My point was that, when I went to check LDV, I saw girls like the ones we see in the photo section of ISG-Cartagena. Well-seasoned at best. Conversely, this time in El Centro I met girls that I still dream of. I am still shocked. My life is lost...! I cannot recover....!
When I said "expensive", it is a matter of price/quality ratio.
For girls like that, there is no price.

If you had good experiences in Tu Candela, you're wise to keep it under your hat. There is not that much available supply in that bar. Before too long, less fluent guys are going to let their money talk and gazump you for the girl you wanted.

Unfortunately, I will not be back there before many months... if I will.
(I am very depressed for that)
Therefore, I shared all this sensitive information. :-D
(and yes I like to pat and be patted on my back)

Sean EZ
10-31-07, 03:49
Anyone knows what happened to Miss Colombia celebration in 2006, I heard it was cancelled?

We were there in 2005 and it was great, packed with people, parties everywhere. In 2006 it was 1/3 of the people, no festivities, turns out it was cancelled or so we were told. We are going again this year, does anyone one have the info on what happened last year and what to be expected this year?

-------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the post below, somebody paid 20K for a girl in Bogota. I agree same girl could ask 200K in Cartagena. The reason to go to Cartagena is beach, easy access to everything, much safer than santa fe (putteria zona) in Bogota, I can go to Babilla and hit Giro Matto at 4AM no problems, and I just love the place and the vibe if you are there at the right time. I've been to Cartagena so many times that I would only go during Miss Colombia now because of all the modeling activities going on, it's fun to be around beautiful girls and it seems like you get a lot more semipro options vs any other month of the year (I certainly hope it is the case this year as well). Also, if I remember correctly el centro in Bogoga dies down pretty early. For mongering I agree with the previous post and my vote goes to Bogota; other things to consider are it's a great place with some class and good night clubs and fine dining. BUT you must speak spanish and if this the first time you venture to Colombia I suggest Cartagena first.

Ray X
10-31-07, 04:03
Don't want to sound ignorant since I've been to Cartagena before and will be returning there in a few weeks, but what does LDV stand for?

Any strip clubs recommendations besides Pleyboy in Cartagena?

Thanks

Winner71
10-31-07, 06:42
jajaja.. don't be so naive. It's just not necessary info. Every puta in Cartagena knows where to go, not much need in sharing info on motels in CTG.

[QUOTE=Black Page, I notice that these motels are still unknown to everybody in this forum. It seems we are the only ones aware of them.

Winner71
10-31-07, 06:46
I was there thru Monday morning last year. I did not go to the Coronacion on Tuesday, though I watched it on TV. Nothing was canceled last year. In fact all the bars and discos were packed wall to wall THursday-Sunday night. You heard bad info somewhere.

Anyone knows what happened to Miss Colombia celebration in 2006, I heard it was cancelled?

We were there in 2005 and it was great, packed with people, parties everywhere. In 2006 it was 1/3 of the people, no festivities, turns out it was cancelled or so we were told. We are going again this year, does anyone one have the info on what happened last year and what to be expected this year?

Pana Nyc
10-31-07, 07:18
Don't want to sound ignorant since I've been to Cartagena before and will be returning there in a few weeks, but what does LDV stand for?

La Dulce Vida (The Sweet Life)

Black Page
10-31-07, 12:30
jajaja.. don't be so naive. It's just not necessary info. Every puta in Cartagena knows where to go, not much need in sharing info on motels in CTG.
Every girl, but not every tourist :-)
You too notice that there is a number of people here who keeps on asking about girl-friendly hotels... I dont see the reason to choose a girl-friendly hotel for the holidays, when for 10$ or less I have such a good room 24/24.
I also noticed that a newcomer, reading the forum and the vast majority of posts, gets the impression that CTG consists just of Laguito and LDV.
I wanted to move waters and widen the scope of people.

Sean EZ
10-31-07, 15:25
I was there thru Monday morning last year. I did not go to the Coronacion on Tuesday, though I watched it on TV. Nothing was canceled last year. In fact all the bars and discos were packed wall to wall THursday-Sunday night. You heard bad info somewhere.

Then you weren't there in 2005. Comparing to 2005 2006 was nearly dead. 2005 had streets packed "wall to wall". Maybe I got the wrong info on cancellation, but even Mery complained that there were so fewer people compared to last year.

LocoGringo
10-31-07, 18:34
A lot of the events were moved to Las Americas from the Hilton. Laguito last year was not impacted as much as in previous years but the people and activities were going on elsewhere. Several years ago there were torrential rains and many of the events, including the boat parade, were cancelled. If the rains that are there right now continue it may be a problem this year. I have made it to the last 6 but probably will stay away this year.

Davidb3069
10-31-07, 19:21
La Dulce Vida (The Sweet Life)

Sorry. The name of place is actually Italian. La Dolce Vita. Just happens to be the same letters. Same translation.

David

Winner71
10-31-07, 23:18
hmmm... I much prefer have a girlfriendly hotel or apartment. While I said every puta knows about these motels, as do many mongerers. I choose to take a gal back to my hotel and spend the whole evening with her.. sometimes even longer. Yes, I've been to a few different motels, but like I said I much prefer taking them to my apartment. I.e. even if the motels were free and the taxi ride there was free, it still wouldn't be my first option.

It's great that you enjoy Cartagena and everything it has to offer. I too once felt the same way about Cartagena. 5+ years ago. You will find over the next few years that, while you thought Cartagena wa sthe next best thing to sliced bread... there are better places.

I don't want to ruin how you are feeling. Trust me when I tell you I know exactly how you feel. I.e. can't stop dreaming about Cartagena. I think we all go through that. I.e. I can honestly tell you that Cartagena and the chicas I met there on my first visit ever to Colombia were all I thought about 24 hours a day for 4 months. Then you branch out and realize... wow, it's not Cartagena. It's Colombia, it's natural resources, the beautiful chicas (inside and outside), and the warmth of the people that make Colombia such a special place.

Cartagena is great. But, it's not toward the top of my list of Colombian cities that I like to spend time in. I.e. I much prefer all the other large cities over Cartagena as well as various pueblos. To each his own.

Every girl, but not every tourist :-)
You too notice that there is a number of people here who keeps on asking about girl-friendly hotels... I dont see the reason to choose a girl-friendly hotel for the holidays, when for 10$ or less I have such a good room 24/24.
I also noticed that a newcomer, reading the forum and the vast majority of posts, gets the impression that CTG consists just of Laguito and LDV.
I wanted to move waters and widen the scope of people.

Winner71
10-31-07, 23:35
so you are comparing 2005 to 2006 based on what people are telling you. I.e. you were there in 2005 but not 2006. I stayed at my girlfriends cousin's place... which is close to the bus station. We went out each evening and beached it and walked around Laguito and Boca Grande during the daytime. I was not there in 2005. However, I can tell you that in 2006 the bars were packed, lines at the popular joints.. babar etc. Joy Slava was full. Babar was just miserable... i.e. once you got inside and up the stairs you coud not even move.

I concur that the beaches were no where near as full as they are during Semana Santa. I also concur that I did observe that the streets of Laguito did not seem very crowded. I.e. when sitting for a meal at Riquisimo it felt like a normal puente weekend would feel. On the other hand, the Hilton was packed and obvioulsly there were a lot of people out in the street near the Hilton the day of the bathing suit competition as well as the day before as the Hilton had numerous events going on. Personally, I do not really enjoy going to CArtagena much anymore anyways. I enjoyed it 5 years ago when meals were cheap, accomodations were cheap, and getting laid was.... well 40k pesos max and at 2800:1. Back then, I knew all the gals at LDV and if I would just invite them to join me at one of the after hours spots I'd pretty much get laid for free or whatever I wanted to pay them... usually 40-60k pesos. Charm goes a long way.

It's just not the same. And it's not the prices of gals that turn me off about Cartagena (of course I have a g/f now though). It's everything else.... lodging, meals, etc. There was a day you could stay in Laguito, party at LDV with the chicsas and your buddies, go to after hour clubs with the gals, get laid all night and morning, spend the day on the beach all day... and do the same thing over and over and spend less than $80/night for everything... lodging in laguito ($35US), lunch, dinner, beer at the beach all day, drinks at LDV, drinks at the nightclubs, and have a new chica TLN every night... and average about $80/day. Now it's nowhere near that. Everything from lodging to prices at discos to meals have doubled even tripled for meals. Of course, the weak dollar doesn't help. But I do find that I spend very little in some of the other cities. With the exception of Bogota. Still haven't figured that one out yet. I'm not cheap... I just don't like spending $$$ when it's not necessary. i.e. I stay within my means.

Perhaps, Mery did not feel it was so crowded was b/c maybe people stayed at the Hilton (which had no available rooms) or they stayed outside Laguito... such as I. I did go to visit Mery on Saturday the day before the bathing suit competition and she was not there. I didn't ask where she was.

Then you weren't there in 2005. Comparing to 2005 2006 was nearly dead. 2005 had streets packed "wall to wall". Maybe I got the wrong info on cancellation, but even Mery complained that there were so fewer people compared to last year.

Black Page
11-01-07, 02:22
wow, it's not Cartagena. It's Colombia, it's natural resources, the beautiful chicas (inside and outside), and the warmth of the people that make Colombia such a special place.
Hey! I understood that from the very first moment time ago (in Bogota for business)!! Dont think that I dont know what you say. I agree 100%.
I look forward to have the opportunity to explore more of this wonderful country. And, the farther from tourist destinations, the better :-)
Unfortunately, I live far.... This makes me sad.

PS: I visited other 5 countries in Central America, plus Colombia and Equador. All beautiful, but here....

Tom Cruze
11-01-07, 02:40
Personally, I do not really enjoy going to Cartagena much anymore anyways. I enjoyed it 5 years ago.

It's just not the same. And it's not the prices of gals that turn me off about Cartagena (of course I have a g/f now though). It's everything else. Lodging, meals, etc. Now it's nowhere near that. Cartagena is over-rated, hell Mexico coast line cities blow it away for beach settings. The local hustling/price gouging of tourists is a major turn-off, I had valuable shit stolen out of my luggage by baggage handlers, was almost jumped by a couple of hoods who convinced me, my gf, and a friend that they would boat us to the best beaches, and the chicas are no better than street/trash quality, I. E. , nothing I could even get my dick hard for.

Since my last trip there I've learned that if you go to Cartegena, go with the intention of meeting up with friends you know are also going, have private parties/avoid the clubs, and seclude yourself from the locals. Yeah, sad but I think that's how Colombians with money do Cartagena.

If only Medellin had a lake or beach, it would rock for best chicas, climate, and R&R.

Sean EZ
11-01-07, 03:16
so you are comparing 2005 to 2006 based on what people are telling you. I.e. you were there in 2005 but not 2006. \

I was there both in 2005 and 2006 and it was my observation that there were a lot fewer people down there last year that's all. I always stay with Mery or Juan. Ok enough about this, let's hope 2007 will rock.

Winner71
11-01-07, 03:25
Ah.. ok. You have me confused. I thought you wanted to know what it was like last year as I was answering your post.

"Originally Posted by Sean EZ

We were there in 2005 and it was great, packed with people, parties everywhere. In 2006 it was 1/3 of the people, no festivities, turns out it was cancelled or so we were told. We are going again this year, does anyone one have the info on what happened last year and what to be expected this year?"

I was there both in 2005 and 2006 and it was my observation that there were a lot fewer people down there last year that's all. I always stay with Mery or Juan. Ok enough about this, let's hope 2007 will rock.

Camper128
11-01-07, 23:25
I'll be in Cartagena early next year, staying at the Hilton and wonder if anyone knows if that hotel will allow me to bring in a girl or two? Are there any working girls hanging out in the bars at the Hilton?

Also are the beaches within walking distance where I can find some talent?

If anyone can recommend a couple top notch chicas for TLN I would appreciate any recommendations and how to contact them.

Thanks for any help.

Xion149
11-02-07, 17:54
Here's the deal with this place:

If you have a steady chica, you can bring her with you to the desk at check-in, and pay for double occupancy (they'll copy her ID, info, etc). Keep the following in mind:

1. She better be wearing "civilian gear"
2. Her friends can't come in (this nearly caused an altercation- the guards know whats up)
3. She shouldn't roam around alone (hotel staff will talk major shit to the girls, but when the gringo with the wallet shows up, they clam up quick)

There's no working girls at the bar or even near the Hilton; its a family resort (well, rich families).

It *does* have a very nice pool area with jacuzzis and an adjoined private beach. The jacuzzis are spread around and not very private (heh)

Main beach on Bocagrande is where to find girls. Yes, the entire area is walking distance.

As for TLNs, some hot street girls on Avenida St. Martin after 9pm, but quality is here or there. If you don't have time to seek out diamonds, as many of us don't, the concentration of hot chics is at LDV. Yeah yeah blah blah, they're all sharks, you'll overpay, whatever. If you're polite and don't open the convo by asking for BBBJ or anal, TLN with a solid 9 will run you 150k - 200k. Or do what I do, get them for short time (usually 100k) and lay the pipe real good. Usually have to kick them out in the morning.

One other thing. Being the Hilton is an international chain, you might think it adheres to the same quality standards as Hiltons in the US or elsewhere. WRONG! This CTG Hilton is a shithole, the rooms are SMALL (mine was like 10'x10') and amenities (room service, etc) are prohibitively expensive. So cancel if you haven't already. The only conceivable reason to stay there is during the concurso nacional de belleza, which has the swimsuit competition in the Hilton pool.

edit for price info:

2 guests 7 days with a meal every now and then = ~2,000,000 COP

I'll be in Cartagena early next year, staying at the Hilton and wonder if anyone knows if that hotel will allow me to bring in a girl or two? Are there any working girls hanging out in the bars at the Hilton?

Also are the beaches within walking distance where I can find some talent?

If anyone can recommend a couple top notch chicas for TLN I would appreciate any recommendations and how to contact them.

Thanks for any help.

Malodr
11-02-07, 21:43
Here's the deal with this place:

If you have a steady chica, you can bring her with you to the desk at check-in, and pay for double occupancy (they'll copy her ID, info, etc). Keep the following in mind:

1. She better be wearing "civilian gear"

2. Her friends can't come in (this nearly caused an altercation- the guards know whats up)

3. She shouldn't roam around alone (hotel staff will talk major shit to the girls, but when the gringo with the wallet shows up, they clam up quick)

There's no working girls at the bar or even near the Hilton; its a family resort (well, rich families).

It *does* have a very nice pool area with jacuzzis and an adjoined private beach. The jacuzzis are spread around and not very private (heh)

Main beach on Bocagrande is where to find girls. Yes, the entire area is walking distance.

As for TLNs, some hot street girls on Avenida St. Martin after 9pm, but quality is here or there. If you don't have time to seek out diamonds, as many of us don't, the concentration of hot chics is at LDV. Yeah yeah blah blah, they're all sharks, you'll overpay, whatever. If you're polite and don't open the convo by asking for BBBJ or anal, TLN with a solid 9 will run you 150k - 200k. Or do what I do, get them for short time (usually 100k) and lay the pipe real good. Usually have to kick them out in the morning.

One other thing. Being the Hilton is an international chain, you might think it adheres to the same quality standards as Hiltons in the US or elsewhere. WRONG! This CTG Hilton is a shithole, the rooms are SMALL (mine was like 10'x10') and amenities (room service, etc) are prohibitively expensive. So cancel if you haven't already. The only conceivable reason to stay there is during the concurso nacional de belleza, which has the swimsuit competition in the Hilton pool.

edit for price info:

2 guests 7 days with a meal every now and then = ~2,000,000 COPThe way to go is apartment rentals when in town. Come and go as you please and have 12 chicas up in your apt if you feel like it.

Davidb3069
11-02-07, 22:37

edit for price info:

2 guests 7 days with a meal every now and then = ~2,000,000 COP

I tried walking into the Hilton once. The security stopped me right away. I did get a chance to walk out to the pool area (with a guard in tow)... but I had to leave right away. That hotel is very secure. It's where many VIPs stay when they are in town.

David

Jelly Donut
11-02-07, 23:44
I tried walking into the Hilton once. The security stopped me right away. I did get a chance to walk out to the pool area (with a guard in tow)... but I had to leave right away. That hotel is very secure. It's where many VIPs stay when they are in town.

David

Tell security you are going to the bookstore or the gym, they will let you in. If you tell them you are going to the ATM, they may not.

Winner71
11-03-07, 02:55
A lot of negative posts regarding the Hilton... my personal belief is they are all true. It's just not worth what you pay for.
By the way... not worth anyone's time to even attempt to get on the property during Beauty Peagent weekend. There were a few parties going on there last year on Friday and Saturday... if you don't have a room there, they won't even let you on the property.... except of course if you have a ticket for Sunday's bathing suit contest, then you can get to the pool area on Sunday.

Davidb3069
11-03-07, 04:43
Tell security you are going to the bookstore or the gym, they will let you in. If you tell them you are going to the ATM, they may not.

I went there looking for a couple chics at the pool that I knew. I couldn't tell security that though. Hilton lets you pay for pool access but it's not cheap. I just went to the pool looking for "a friend of mine that was staying at the hotel". No wonder I never found him :)

David

Dran Reb
11-03-07, 20:59
I am planning my 1st trip to Cartagena. Plan on arriving around January 15th, which it says is the start of the low season. Is this still an OK time to go for a single guy? How soon would I need to make a reservation if I want to reserve a one bedroom apartment. Thanks.

Davidb3069
11-04-07, 00:10
I am planning my 1st trip to Cartagena. Plan on arriving around January 15th, which it says is the start of the low season. Is this still an OK time to go for a single guy? How soon would I need to make a reservation if I want to reserve a one bedroom apartment. Thanks.

I was in CTG last year around that same time and it was still high season. Prices were still through the roof. Some space might be freed up by then...but the prices may not reflect it.

David

Mule69
11-04-07, 00:37
A lot of negative posts regarding the Hilton... my personal belief is they are all true. It's just not worth what you pay for.
By the way... not worth anyone's time to even attempt to get on the property during Beauty Peagent weekend. There were a few parties going on there last year on Friday and Saturday... if you don't have a room there, they won't even let you on the property.... except of course if you have a ticket for Sunday's bathing suit contest, then you can get to the pool area on Sunday. I agree! I had to stay there my last night a few trips back and it is way overpriced for Ctg.I made the mistake of using the mini bar in my room and fuck!!!% 5 bucks for a tiny bag of peanuts.$195 plus tax for a Motel6 room.Makes Juan's apts look like a deal.Although never had a problem using the ATM there anytime I have been to laguito

Johan007
11-05-07, 15:19
I stated it earlier on this board....during my stay of nearly a month in cartagena in 2003 I rented an appartment in laguito. Back then I paid 10 USD a day.....but I can imagine that would be 20 or even 30 bucks a day NOW.
Good thing is in laguito many girls walk arround.....and many parties. bad thing is....a lot of colombian drugthugs are arround also...and they usualy have more cash then you do;-) So them girlies hang out with mister $$$$ and his new SUV carro...get it? You also can chat up some chicas in small shops,internet cafees or the malls.
When i was there(november) that reina de belleza thing was held in that barrio....and every night there were parties going on...offcourse only for snob (ie druglords) Colombians.

be sure you speak decent spanish before haggling about the price of an appartment. Just go inside the lobby of a flast building and ask the janitor if somebody rents appartments.

cheers

Johan

Davidb3069
11-06-07, 00:11
I stated it earlier on this board....during my stay of nearly a month in cartagena in 2003 I rented an appartment in laguito. Back then I paid 10 USD a day.....but I can imagine that would be 20 or even 30 bucks a day NOW.
Good thing is in laguito many girls walk arround.....and many parties. bad thing is....a lot of colombian drugthugs are arround also...and they usualy have more cash then you do;-) So them girlies hang out with mister $$$$ and his new SUV carro...get it? You also can chat up some chicas in small shops,internet cafees or the malls.
When i was there(november) that reina de belleza thing was held in that barrio....and every night there were parties going on...offcourse only for snob (ie druglords) Colombians.

be sure you speak decent spanish before haggling about the price of an appartment. Just go inside the lobby of a flast building and ask the janitor if somebody rents appartments.

cheers

Johan

Those were the days!

Expect to pay 70,000 to 80,000 pesos per day for an apartment now.

Some go as low as 50,000 possibly in low season. I've been there a few times between this year and last year (different seasons) and 70-80k was about it.

Not sure what parties you were attending... but "drugthugs" are not a normal part of the scene in Laguito. Most people wouldn't even know who they are unless they're doing business with them. No point in scaring off people interested in CTG because you want to be overly dramatic.

David

Ray X
11-06-07, 02:08
Going back to CTG in few weeks, is Pleyboy still around? What other clubs should I check out on the same caliber as Pleyboy with rooms in back?

Also since everything is overpriced in CTG, where can I get a decent Colombian meal thats not that expensive.

I know theres a chinese spot by tu Candela, I think by that club, or any other spots that are good?

Thanks

Sean EZ
11-06-07, 06:59
I used to rent from Mery, and more often from Juan lately. Juan is a stand up guy. Back in 2002 or 2003 a two bedroom went for 50-60 USD per night: a nice apartment with a balcony, waterfront, air. Goes for 100-110 high season these days. I am not sure where you get "20 or even 30 buck a day now".

cheers

Johan

Johan007
11-06-07, 13:14
I used to rent from Mery, and more often from Juan lately. Juan is a stand up guy. Back in 2002 or 2003 a two bedroom went for 50-60 USD per night: a nice apartment with a balcony, waterfront, air. Goes for 100-110 high season these days. I am not sure where you get "20 or even 30 buck a day now".

it's very simple...don't go there yourself and let your amiga do the talking;-) if they see gringo....price will go up;-)
entiendes?

Johan

Johan007
11-06-07, 13:20
Those were the days!

Expect to pay 70,000 to 80,000 pesos per day for an apartment now.

Some go as low as 50,000 possibly in low season. I've been there a few times between this year and last year (different seasons) and 70-80k was about it.

Not sure what parties you were attending... but "drugthugs" are not a normal part of the scene in Laguito. Most people wouldn't even know who they are unless they're doing business with them. No point in scaring off people interested in CTG because you want to be overly dramatic.

David

David,

I am dutch...and on several occasions drugs was offered to me in a bar of in restaurants..needles to say I rejected it. I don't mind smoke a little pot...but coke or other shit is NOT my deal. I never use it as it ruins your body and mind. But some how they thought i was into druigs becoz i rolled my own sigarettes with lose tabacco, which is quite populair in western-Europe.
I am NOT being over dramatic...I just told ye what I saw back then. Heee Remember it was 2003...!

50.000 pesos NOW is ok price for a decent app. (like i said...20-30 usd a day)
If you pay more you are being ripped off. Just make sure you are FLUENT in spanish or let your amiga handle the talking when you want to bargain the price.
Sure if you are there in high saizon you pay more becoz of that reinas crap that is going on for nearly a full month:-(

Johan

HarryFlashman
11-06-07, 15:34
I am heading to Colombia for the first time on the 10th Nov for about 3 weeks. I will be spending a week in CTG then on to MDL for a week and finally Bogota. Is anyone else going to be around or does anyone have up to the minute advice.

Thanks,

Scrivs

Davidb3069
11-06-07, 17:42
David,

I am dutch...and on several occasions drugs was offered to me in a bar of in restaurants..needles to say I rejected it. I don't mind smoke a little pot...but coke or other shit is NOT my deal. I never use it as it ruins your body and mind. But some how they thought i was into druigs becoz i rolled my own sigarettes with lose tabacco, which is quite populair in western-Europe.
I am NOT being over dramatic...I just told ye what I saw back then. Heee Remember it was 2003...!

50.000 pesos NOW is ok price for a decent app. (like i said...20-30 usd a day)
If you pay more you are being ripped off. Just make sure you are FLUENT in spanish or let your amiga handle the talking when you want to bargain the price.
Sure if you are there in high saizon you pay more becoz of that reinas crap that is going on for nearly a full month:-(

Johan

I walked out of several buildings when they wouldn't lower the price off $70 -80K. As of today 11/6/07 $70K is $35 USD and $80K is $40USD. This was this year and last and different seasons (low and high). Never been there in the reina period. I do speak spanish -- I don't need interpretors. And the price wouldn't budge. I ended up paying the $70-80K per day rate. These are 2006-2007 rates. Not 2003 rates. The dollar is very poor against the COP. It was well below 2000 when I was there last. It's at 2000 as of today (still very poor).

The only place I found apartments in your price range was Santa Marta. That was within the last year as well.

Post the names of the $50K locations so we can all save money.

David

Davidb3069
11-06-07, 19:18
I am heading to Colombia for the first time on the 10th Nov for about 3 weeks. I will be spending a week in CTG then on to MDL for a week and finally Bogota. Is anyone else going to be around or does anyone have up to the minute advice.

Thanks,

Scrivs

Hope you are planning on flying between major cities. Land travel is not advised -- although some people here have done it. I have taken a bus from CTG to Santa Marta but that's about as brave as I'd get.

David

Davidb3069
11-06-07, 19:21

You don't get it for $20-30 per night. He's out of date with today's prices. He's still living in 2003.

David

Davidb3069
11-06-07, 19:32
it's very simple...don't go there yourself and let your amiga do the talking;-) if they see gringo....price will go up;-)
entiendes?

Johan

Sounds like you've been smoking too much of that weed.

Who do you think signs the rental agreement and gets added to their registry of guests? They are required by the office of the police inspector to maintain a registry. Anyone that has a complaint can take it to the police inspector.

A foreigner will always pay more no matter who does the talking. If you need a puta to talk for you to rent an apartment, you're in the wrong country. Come back when you can speak enough spanish.

David

Sean EZ
11-06-07, 20:16
Johan must be talking about street hustlers offering apartments. I wouldn't stay there, those are for colombian tourists. I don't know how safe they are and I doubt they are quality accomodations.

Sounds like you've been smoking too much of that weed.

Who do you think signs the rental agreement and gets added to their registry of guests? They are required by the office of the police inspector to maintain a registry. Anyone that has a complaint can take it to the police inspector.

A foreigner will always pay more no matter who does the talking. If you need a puta to talk for you to rent an apartment, you're in the wrong country. Come back when you can speak enough spanish.

David

Trippster
11-06-07, 22:58
Dear Friends,

I just wanted to note that I've just posted my most recent series of reports on Prague, complete with lots of photos. It's in the Czech Republic in the Prague thread. - Tripp

Hoof Hunter
11-07-07, 01:14
Johan must be talking about street hustlers offering apartments. I wouldn't stay there, those are for colombian tourists. I don't know how safe they are and I doubt they are quality accomodations.

Not really. We once stayed in a "street hustler's" Laguito apartment. 4 bedroom, 3-4 bathroom place, fully furnished place, hot water, a/c. Only cost COP120.000/nite back when the rate was COP2600 to $1 USD. Nice place on the beachside.

Only issue was that the leg was broken on one of the chairs for the dining table. Everything else was perfectly fine.

I swear, some people's true perceptions of locals in the locales they visit are so......

Davidb3069
11-07-07, 02:48

I've looked at some of the apartments they were pushing before. They were all mostly high-end ones. 100,000+ COP daily. When the place is full-up, sometimes you need to look at all the options. In general, you can go to the same places and get an apartment on your own. Sometimes they do know people with apartments that are privately rented. I've rented that way too before. Depends on the situation. Regardless, there's no sneaking in under the umbrella of a colombian. They all are required to use registries. Alot of them these days even issue id cards which security asks for. I've seen that a few times now. It's their way of collecting an additional $5-10K as a one-time fee.

David

Winner71
11-07-07, 05:55
An apartment is an apartment. The street hustlers are pushing you not an apartment. I. E. All he wants is to be the one that walks up with you as you walk into a building. He then gets his small kickback. It's irrelevant which apartment or which building you choose. Someone mentioned having a Colombian or Colombiana go up. ABSOLUTLEY. Gringo stay the fock away. Have your gf go inquire about the apartment and then have her come get you. This should be common sense. It saves me $$$ time after time. At apartments, hotels, and apartastudios. This is a given in any city in Colombia. Not just Cartagena.

Tom 33
11-07-07, 11:05
I walked out of several buildings when they wouldn't lower the price off $70 -80K. As of today 11/6/07 $70K is $35 USD and $80K is $40USD. This was this year and last and different seasons (low and high). Never been there in the reina period.
Hate to break it to you, but you are in the reina period right now.

Davidb3069
11-07-07, 17:51
Hate to break it to you, but you are in the reina period right now.

I'm not in Colombia. I'm sitting at home w/ a broken leg/wrist. I've still never been there during the reina period. Thru the magic of the internet, I am able to get the exchange rate even right here in Florida! Isn't that amazing.

David

Davidb3069
11-07-07, 19:23
An apartment is an apartment. The street hustlers are pushing you not an apartment. I. E. All he wants is to be the one that walks up with you as you walk into a building. He then gets his small kickback. It's irrelevant which apartment or which building you choose. Someone mentioned having a Colombian or Colombiana go up. ABSOLUTLEY. Gringo stay the fock away. Have your gf go inquire about the apartment and then have her come get you. This should be common sense. It saves me $$$ time after time. At apartments, hotels, and apartastudios. This is a given in any city in Colombia. Not just Cartagena.

I've rented apartments in several countries and cities and Cartagena so far has been about the least cut and dry:

Some of the street guys (such as the last one to help me) had apartments he was showing that the building management wouldn't have had available. One of those where people buy them and rent them out privately. Other buildings and apartments I looked at were rented by the management. Alot of times it's as you say, it's just a kickback and you could have done it on your own. Other times, you must know someone that has the apartments. At one building, the manager owns a few apartments herself and rents them out. One time the management had to call an apartment owner to see if she had ok'ed a rental because they didn't have a key there. They have some of the poorest managed properties I've seen anywhere.

If you can find a chick that is able to find a lower price for you, more power to you. You can't count on it. The management's probably laughing their a** off thinking you're not man enough to negociate your own deals. You need to send a puta in. The puta wears the pants apparently in that family.

David

Johan007
11-07-07, 20:25
I've looked at some of the apartments they were pushing before. They were all mostly high-end ones. 100,000+ COP daily. When the place is full-up, sometimes you need to look at all the options. In general, you can go to the same places and get an apartment on your own. Sometimes they do know people with apartments that are privately rented. I've rented that way too before. Depends on the situation. Regardless, there's no sneaking in under the umbrella of a colombian. They all are required to use registries. Alot of them these days even issue id cards which security asks for. I've seen that a few times now. It's their way of collecting an additional $5-10K as a one-time fee.

David

Fuck...they even took my fingerprints back then when I signed (together with my ex) that contract for rent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you fucking beleive it??? like i was some criminal or something:-(

If you know your way arround....and speak GOOD spanish there are ways to still find appartments at 30 usd a day...trust me. Just don't walk into the first best app. ye see and rent it;-) Have a look arround....first.

Johan

Davidb3069
11-07-07, 20:59
Fuck...they even took my fingerprints back then when I signed (together with my ex) that contract for rent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you fucking beleive it??? like i was some criminal or something:-(

If you know your way arround....and speak GOOD spanish there are ways to still find appartments at 30 usd a day...trust me. Just don't walk into the first best app. ye see and rent it;-) Have a look arround....first.

Johan

If you haven't been there since 2003, how would you know this? What season? Where? This is the part that is confusing me. It's like me quoting prices for properties in CR. I haven't been there in 5 years. I'd be just guessing instead of using first-hand knowledge.

And what are the names of the properties? If you cannot name them, you're just guessing.

I have personally walked in and checked prices at 6 or more properties on Laguito this year and last year (from LDV to the Hilton). Can you say the same? I've rented from half of them between LDV and Hilton.

---
I'm going to go out on a limb here. I know there are apartments for rent in Managua, Nicaragua for $5 a day. Haven't been there in 5-6 years...but I bet they are available. It's a fact! Does this sound equally as stupid?
---

David

Usuario Mck
11-12-07, 04:13
For you to examine and take into account. Fresh news from Cartagena. I translate:

Noviembre 11 de 2007

Extraña muerte de un estadounidense en el sector de Getsemaní, en Cartagena
(Strange death of a U.S. man in Getsemani sector, at Cartagena)

Supposedly, death was due to drugs verdose, but there are other hypotheses. The man was in a poor sector, where thieves and street girls are common. Please read from this episode before a bad choice.

Black Page
11-12-07, 10:02
Supposedly, death was due to drugs verdose, but there are other hypotheses. The man was in a poor sector, where thieves and street girls are common. Please read from this episode before a bad choice.
What bad choice? you mean kind and quantity of drugs?
Thank you, but I never used that. In Getsemani I had an excellent soup in Plaza de la Trinidad, though.

HarryFlashman
11-12-07, 13:06
For you to examine and take into account. Fresh news from Cartagena. I translate:

Noviembre 11 de 2007

Supposedly, death was due to drugs verdose, but there are other hypotheses. The man was in a poor sector, where thieves and street girls are common. Please read from this episode before a bad choice.Funnily enough I met an Australian girl who is staying at the same hostel. She was quite upset about this incident. It happened in the Hostel and was apparently suicide.

Davidb3069
11-12-07, 17:18

Noviembre 11 de 2007

Must have been a slow news day, eh?

David

Otown51
11-13-07, 18:01
New flight regulations begining to take effect:

Miami to Ctg effective 11/01/2007 $199.00 round trip. My trip starting this thursday. Will post a report later.

Otown

Escort King
11-13-07, 21:17

Miami to Ctg effective 11/01/2007 $199.00 round trip. My trip starting this thursday. Will post a report later.

OtownDoes that include the taxes etc.

Sean EZ
11-14-07, 01:58
Just got back from Cartagena.

Giro Matto is closed, but the new and better place Electra is open. No cover, doesn't start until after 3AM. Was packed with girls, not sure how it is off-season though.

Noticed same girls in other clubs earlier, end up partying in Electra later in the night. For me it sure beats upfront negotiation at LDV.

Zev1234
11-14-07, 05:09

OtownHey this seems to good to be true. Are you sure tickets are that cheap? Last time i checked the price was much higher than that.

AddictedToWomen
11-14-07, 07:01
Funnily enough I met an Australian girl who is staying at the same hostel. She was quite upset about this incident. It happened in the Hostel and was apparently suicide.

There are reports he had a bag over his head. Not the usual way of intentionally killing oneself.

Otown51
11-14-07, 18:36
Hey this seems to good to be true. Are you sure tickets are that cheap? Last time i checked the price was much higher than that.Here's were I saw the information:

http://www.cartagenainfo.net/

IamLookin
11-18-07, 13:22
If you read the details you must book on or before Oct 16th. Too late for us

RagingBeast
11-20-07, 18:35
Hi all,

This goes out to all the veteran mongers.

Please help I am pretty well travelled but I am leaving sex prison soon for fun and here is my delima.

I have these choices Brazil, Columbia, Peru and Costa Rica for 7-10 days.

Here is what I am looking for as far as what I like when I travel:

1) Beautiful women both pro and non-pro.

2) Beautiful beaches and a good and atleast somewhat safe party scene.

3) Universities cloose by--love the college girls :)

I have been to Ibiza Spain twice very fun but very expensive, Buenos Aires alot of fun great prices but no good beaches at all.

So where would you go for 7-10 days with the above outlined goals?

Thanks in advance for your valued input.

Gimmedub
11-20-07, 22:13
Brazil. Fortaleza.

Hi all,

Please help I am pretty well travelled but I am leaving sex prison soon for fun and here is my delima.

I have been to Ibiza Spain twice very fun but very expensive, Buenos Aires alot of fun great prices but no good beaches at all.

MJG Dogs
11-21-07, 00:28
Here is my scorecard:

woman Beautiful pro and non-pro:

1. Brasil 2. Colombia 3. Peru 4. Costa Rica

Beaches:

1. Brasil 2. costa Rica 3. peru 4. colombia

University girls:

1. Colombia 2. peru 3. brasil 4. costa Rica

Safety

1. Peru 2. Costa Rica 3. Colombia 4. Brasil

Luver Of Chicas
11-21-07, 00:33
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your valued input.Go to Rio or try some southern beach cities in Brazil like Florinapolis, summer is starting down there now. Cartagena is a poor man's Rio, not that great and unless you booked ahead tough to get a place in December/January.

Ricker
11-21-07, 01:52
Hi all,

Though I believe Colombia has the best looking women, Brazil has a much better beach scene.

I'd read up on the Rio thread and give that a whirl.

Good luck!

Andreny150
11-29-07, 07:02
Don't ask people for advice like this. Nobody can help you because your ideas are unique. Just do it. Try small, take $1000 worth of stuff and go around and make contacts. Sell at or below cost. Sell for whatever you can sell for, as long as you make contacts. What is the worst case scenario? You spent $1000 and sold it for $300? So you lost $700 but imagine the week you spent. You made 25 contacts, you gained invaluable experience. You learned much about export and customs and marketing in foreign lands. You know what to watch out for next time, etc.... and you really would have needed to screw up to buy for $1000 and sell for $300. Imagine you met a girl and told her what you were doing. Instead of saying "come I'll give you $60", you are trying to expand your business to Cartagena.

Win win win. There is no possible negative outcome.Misinformation is right. And by the way, it is amazing what you can buy in Panama City) Its a 100-150 plane ride from Cartegena, and and there is an incredible amount of stuff that is really cheap (even by NYC wholesale standards) in some sort of free trade zone. This post caught my eye because my girlfriend for a week in Cartegena was trying to sell me on just this. She does the PFP scene when she needs to, wonder if you got the idea in the same place.

Looking For Eden
11-30-07, 02:32
So I went to CTG for the first time a few months ago. First time in Colombia as well. After reading this thread it seems I missed a lot of good spots. I went to LDV and met someone there that I liked a lot and spent the rest of the trip with her. I know long time mongers will berate me but when I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.

I didn't know the area at all and I stayed mostly in La Guito and Boca Grande, not because I didn't feel safe but more because everywhere I went I was getting pounded by people begging for money and people selling shit. The beach was pretty lame compared to other places I have been but ok to hang out at for a day or two I guess, again people pounding me to buy shit.

My question for those of you who know CTG well is, is The Manilla House or Casa Marino still there? I heard about these places after I left and would appreciate any info on them. Sorry I didn't look back through this thread longer than the past year so if they have been talked about already I apoligize.

Also for those of you who know Colombia well, how does CTG compare to Medellin, Cali and Bogota? Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Eden

VipMedellin
12-03-07, 06:13
I am going to be in Cartagena from the 27th until the 15th of January I am looking for a two bedroom apartment if anyone has any info please pm me or tell me on this thread.

Thank you.

Albert Licht Vip partner

Hardball1126
12-04-07, 02:40
Albert,

I have a 2 bedroom, 2 level penthouse in a new building in Laguito. There is a jacuzzi on the upper floor terrace. My agent is Juan Ventura. The penthouse is in Mirador del Laguito building.

VipMedellin
12-04-07, 23:49
Could you tell me how much and if it is available from the 27th until the Janauary 3rd

Albert,

I have a 2 bedroom, 2 level penthouse in a new building in Laguito. There is a jacuzzi on the upper floor terrace. My agent is Juan Ventura. The penthouse is in Mirador del Laguito building.

Casa Medellin
12-17-07, 17:50
Juan just told me there might be a couple days available for the penthouse next week! Check it out: http://www.CartagenaPenthouse.com/penttour

If anyone is interested please email Juan directly. His email address is on this page: http://cartagenapenthouse.com/information/index.html

Ehunter
12-19-07, 16:14
Extra photos of the girls, including Tall, Shorty, and group picsHello Trippstadt,

These have been very enlightening group of trip posts you have made both here and on the Viking resort business in DomRep.

One thing sort of bothers me though. I would not expect that for the amount of money paid the two Brazilians stood you up for the night and then the blond admittedly confessed she did not wish to spend the night with you on a different evening. I know the blond would have if you wished, but as a business this is what you had contracted for with Viking and I feel you got shorted on those two occasions.

A different set of complications on this trip left you with sub-par girls in the beginning. So I conclude that when paying the higher rates for these types of resorts a certain percentage of your money is not going to be fully realized. I am not sure I should call it wasted, but it seems about 20% of the total time somebody can expect this type of situation to happen.

The interesting part is that the guys here who pay considerably less are not reporting the same types of problems. Maybe they exist, I don’t know and if they do exist, I wish some of the guys here would speak up so that we can label this independent of the money spent.

I am trying to decide whether to spend an estimated $2500 in the two Frankfurt FKKs for 5 days or come to Dom and spend $2900 for 4 days. In your opinion how would you rank the quality of girls when comparing the FKKs with that I would get in a Viking like setting?

Another factor is that it is 0C in DE right now and 20C in Dom.

Comments?

MJG Dogs
12-19-07, 21:44
Yes we all agree the penthouse is very nice and we all agree Juan Ventura is a class act. But please enough is enough. There is a seperate thread to advertise the penthouse. This section is for reports and information, not an infomercial.....

Casa Medellin
12-19-07, 22:03
Gee, I am sorry. I am new here and do not know the rules. I thought that since the other people were talking about their apartments that I could also talk about mine.

Yes we all agree the penthouse is very nice and we all agree Juan Ventura is a class act. But please enough is enough. There is a seperate thread to advertise the penthouse. This section is for reports and information, not an infomercial.....

MJG Dogs
12-20-07, 03:20
Ok then no harm, no foul.........

Otown51
12-21-07, 16:33
Hello Fellow Mongers,

Finally got a chance to drop a few lines on my Cartagena trip. Had a great time as always and there are plenty of ladies for all taste. Nothing has change accept the prices for the apartments which are approaching the outrageous range. I guess some people think Cartagena is Miami in my opinion. I ended up renting a one bedroom in Torre Centauro from Mery. It served my purpose of having a place to live for a few days. As far as the ladies I decided to do most of my shopping at LDV because I only had a few days. I did lay some ground work for my return trip with the "non-working" variety you can meet on colombian cupid and other Internet sites. The first girl I took out of ldv was Veronica (not her real name), started out asking for 450k for TLN, Of course I laughed and started the "bs" after some dancing and a couple of drinks the price was 150k. TLN included 4 pops and breakfast in bed. She left about midday and I went on my scouting trip were I meet one nice girl and we had lunch and I will see her when I get back to Cartagena. The rest of my trip was the same except the other girls did not serve breakfast in the morning. Veronica turned out to be the best and I should have stayed with her for my 4 day trip. She was also the only one who allowed photos.