PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Admin
05-14-02, 04:37
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Johan007
07-09-02, 21:45
Hi Dudes,Nibster.

TO ALL YOU HORNY,STUPID,NAIEVE,ASSHOLES OUTTHERE:

STOP PAYING US PRICES IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!!!

YOU MUST BE FREAKING MAD TO PAY 500 us FOR A ***** IN PARAQUAY!!
THEY JUST RIP YOU OFF......NEXT TIME THEY'LL CHARGE YOU 1000 us AND YOU STUPID FUCKS PAY IT.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YU GUYS??? UNLESS YOU AREN'T HAVING HUGE BEERGUTS,160CM AND OVER 45 YEARS NOBODY SHOULD PAY THIS AMMOUNT OF $$$.
i MEAN EVEN IF SHE IS A 9 WITH A GOLDEN PUSSY SHE IS NOT WORTH MORE THEN 100 US FOR A WHOLE NIGHT!!!!!!!
DO YOU STUPID MORONS KNOW WHAT AN AVERAGE WORKER MAKES IN A COUNTRY LIKE PARAQUAY???

IN LIMA YOU CAN FUCK A REALY PRETTY CHICA FOR LESS THEN 100 DOLLARS ALL NIGHT!!!!!

YOU GODDAMN MORONS MAKE ME SICK. YOU FUCK IT UP FOR ALL GUYS WHO ARE NOT IDIOTS.
FOR THAT MONEY (500 US) i HAVE TO WORK 7 DAYS!!!!

STOP FORCING UP THOSE PRICES YOU SONS OFF BITCHES.....!!!

NIBU PLEASE TRY AND TALK SME SENSE INTO YOUR COUNTRYMENS HEADS...!!!

SORRY FOR FREAKING HERE JACKSON BUT I FELT LIKE TELLING THIS.

JOHAN.

PS: NO HARD FEELINGS....BUT I GET REAL ANGRY WHEN I READ SUCH BS ABOUT TOO HIGH PRICED HO'S AND JOHN'S WHO PAY EM...:-(

Member #4239
07-10-02, 09:41
Johan and Nibu
Stop preaching and telling people what to do. I would never pay 500$ for a ***** either, but I don't blow up on people who do. Some people play the 15$ municipal golf course, some play the 150$ country club. Some people leave 2$ tips after dinner and some 20$. That's just the way it's always gonna be.

Member #4239
07-19-02, 07:30
dude, stick to your cheap loser motels next to the bus stations and your 10 dollar street walkers

Johan007
07-19-02, 12:20
To JG.

Dude...you sound like you earn 10.000 $ a week or more...
If you are THAT loaded WHY even bother to come down to SA??
Stay in your LA snob-shithole (or whatever shithole were you life) and pay up 300 $ for half an hour with an ugly crack ho...!!

BUT DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR OTHER GUYS IN SA WHO ARE HAVING A MORE "REALISTIC" WALLET THEN YOURS.

imho YOU'RE NOTHING BUT S F*CKING M*RON AND A WHIMP.
mAYBE YOU ARE THE TYPICAL "UGLY AMERICAN" WERE ALL THOSE LATINOS ARE TALKING ABOUT???
Try to act like a real man...and NOT like some assh*le hotshot frum the US with his "mucho dinero"....At least these latins still have some respect....even if they are ho's!

SO: get off my back you little piece of sh*t!

JOhan.

***Sorry Jackson for this rude"intermezzo" of mine,but after some postings of this JG dude I felt like it....***

Member #4239
07-20-02, 06:11
Your mouth is filthier than my toilet...go back to your hole.

KnifeFish
12-08-02, 06:45
Originally posted by Nibu Raphael
Dudes heard the women in Paraguay ounumber the men by a large margin. I know in Peru same thing but this country lost half its male population in the 1800s in the War of the triple Alliance,Well Just something to think of I should be in Paraguay sometime in november....PS Someone a new update on Paraguay before november. Johan Any input??? I will do all this trip by bus of course.

Won't all those people have sort of died by now? I guess if somebody invents a time machine, we'll all know where to hit first :-).

Only messing Nibu, don't get pissed. So when will you hit Brasil?

Knifefish

ps, did you find the arms merchants in CDE? There is meant to be a place where you can buy all sorts of heavy duty equipment.

XXL
07-26-03, 20:53
Condoms in Paraguay

How would you rate condom discipline in this country? Say, on a scale between Brazil=100% and Indonesia=0%.

xxl

Balul
07-28-03, 23:56
xxl, all the girls I was with used condoms for everything (Which was fine by me, so I don´t know if they are ready to do it without if you ask them).

XXL
07-29-03, 08:44
Thanks for the info.

I'm not surprised condomism has reached Paraguay.

My T-shirt has "Say no to condoms" writtten all over it, but I have a policy not to shop around for bareback where condoms are the rule.

For one, girls will harden their stance as soon as a man broaches the subject of his own accord. They may assume that if a man is into barebacking, he must be infected, or they know barebacking is negociable at a multiple of the basic rate and expect big money.

Whatever, I admire some mongers' artlessness in assuming that they can have a GFE with girls who won't as much as give them a BBBJ.

xxl

Johan
09-24-03, 20:00
I was reading Johan007's angry write up. I ditto his sentiments HOWEVER, I don't know why he gets to rev up. If someone pays $1000 a night, so what? That ain't your money. Everyday I saw people wasting their money, our government waste our money. So what? I don't get it. Now, if Johan007 felt we the "stupid fat, ugly old gringos" drive up the price, but that should not affect him!! As long as you are hot looking, fit and young, girls will still dig you. So, what's the problem. So, from the real Johan to Johan007, calm down and enjoy life. Next time you see a gringo pay $1000 a night, just laugh at their "stupidity" and that's all. :)

Opebo
09-25-03, 16:19
XXL, I'm a commited barebacker, like you, but I am quite willing to insist or persuade even in countries where they suggest it. I'm wondering where you find countries that are as yet untainted by this aspect of the modern world? In Thailand I've had some not even bring it up. More often I have to be pretty persuasive and stand my ground, but get it bareback about 95% of the time. The key is if they won't I just walk, as paying for condom-sex is not of interest to me. Condom-sex is actually not preferable to staying home and masturbating, in my opinion.

I'm in Cambodia at the moment, and sadly, bareback is not always asumed here anymore, though with the Vietnamese girls it can virtually always be had if you insist (forget the Cambodians, they're awful, and condom-obssessed). And in the Philippines its rather easy to get bareback, though many at first request a condom. In none of these places have I normally had to pay extra for it. Usually its just a matter of standing one's ground and being willing to walk.

Some people have posted here that bareback is redily available in Columbia and Paraguay, I believe. But your standard of not wanting it even suggested is rather demanding. Can you tell me some other places to go to find such a paradise?

XXL
09-26-03, 20:51
To Opebo

Colombia is not much better than Brazil in this respect. Mind you, I was told in Brazil (a 100% condomaniac country) that "young favelas girls do it BB". Unfortunately, young favelas girls are not really an option for us law-abiding foreigners unless we want to land in jail or end up dead in a ditch.

There is one BB paradise left on planet Earth though: Indonesia. Did I say BB? More like BBBBBBBB!

xxl

Jaimito Cartero
09-27-03, 09:10
If you have a special request, I would make it before you leave the bar or wherever you picked her up. Waiting until you're in the room and getting ready to rock and roll isn't quite right.

I guess I equate barebacking with prostitutes as Russian Roulette. I know I only like BBBJs, so I can understand part of it.

Opebo
09-27-03, 14:50
XXL, one more question on the BB topic. Regarding Indonesia, does your recommendation include Bali? I'm thinking of going there in the next few months. Other parts of Indonesia sound scarier and less appealing to me.

XXL
09-27-03, 22:14
To Opebo

No, Bali is the worst place in Indonesia for TSM. Why would Bali be safer than other regions? Ever heard of the Bali bombing? Jakarta is as safe as Bangkok, which means as safe as a big sprawling city can be.

Indonesia scary? If you want to have the girls to yourself, follow the scare! Muslim=scary, right? Nonsense! Allah is Great, especially when it comes to men having their way, women keeping their mouth shut and their legs open.

Better not clutter this page with postings about Indonesia though. Go to the Indonesia page and book your flight.

xxl

Member #3430
02-01-04, 01:24
Question:

I understand you need a visa to enter Paraguay. Is there a quick way to do this, and would it be easier to get in BA then in Bumfuck Florida?

Reply here or by PM - here would benifit anyone loke me who didn't realize this until I tried to buy a ticket to Asuncion!

Thanks in advance!

David

Dougus
02-02-04, 14:48
Capt Dave,

You can download a form and instructions from the Paraguayan Consulates website (sorry, I don't have the address). Then overnight the all of the required info to them with a return envelope included. The consulate will process your visa in a couple of days. I have done this a bunch of times and never had a problem.

Good luck,

Dogus

Mad City Dave
02-03-04, 00:08
Thank you for the visa info.

I am going to the Iguazu falls area (mid-May). I was starting to think about going across the river into Paraquay. The US state department is concerned about this tri-country area. Any info on that area would be appreciated. Are the deals in the market worth the price of the visa?

MadCityDave

Agus
02-03-04, 03:40
Check this link for visa info and application.

http://www.traveldocs.com/py/vr.htm

You need to apply to the Consulate in you area, LAX, Miami or DC. It takes a couple of days.

In BsAs, it takes one day, you'll need to take a copy of your tkt with the application. I think it was $45 there, versus $65 done at the US.

If you're travelling by bus you can do before crossing the border at the local paraguayan consulate.

Agus

Anonymous
02-03-04, 15:53
MadCityDave,

I went to Ciudad del Este, Iguazu Falls and the dam all in one day. The "black market" in CDE is huge and I'm sure there are deals to be had. The falls are definitely worth seeing. Next time I will spend more time in Brazil at the national park.

We were able to cross the border without Brazillian visas. I don't know if this is such a good idea any more but we were told the tri-country area (Paraguay, Argentina & brazil) is treated kind of like a free trade zone. There are people driving, boating and walking across all borders at all hours.

Be careful in the markets. They are a little sketchy and lots of counterfeit goods. It didn't look that safe to me. A policeman friend of mine in Asuncion told me it was fairly dangerous, expecially for tourists. Personally, I would not go there at night.

Hope this helps.

Adelante Siempre
06-18-04, 20:52
HOW TO OBTAIN A PARAGUAYAN VISA FOR US CITIZENS.

The visa has to be obtained from a Paraguayan consulate or embassy.

I think it´s been mentioned before, how to get a Paraguayan visa for US citizens. I want to add though, that your best bet is the multi-entry visa for $65 (has to be in US dollars cash or credit card). It´s valid for three months. Here is what you need:

1. $65 US dollars

2. one passport photo

3. A bus or airline ticket showing proof of onward passage from Paraguay, is a must.

4. Three photo copies of the first two pages of your passport

5. Three photo copies of each document they make you sign. Usually there is a photo copy place near the consulate. You run back and forth a couple of times.

6. You need a credit card, and 3 photocopies of it. The credit card is an absolute must.

7 They take your fingerprints also.

Lexton
08-10-04, 16:24
Paraguay Visa and Argentina Entry Info

I have learned that it is impossible to acquire a Paraguay visa at any border entry. The Paraguay Oficina de Migraciones(that stamps your passport at the border) does not have the authority to issue a visa. A visa can ONLY be issued in the Paraguay Consulados in other countries.

I called the consulado in Foz do Iguazu about a visa, explaining that I did not have a Brazil visa. The woman I talked to spoke excellent
english and there was no misunderstanding. She said I could obtain the visa, but I had to get stamped out of Paraguay. But when I arrived at the consulado, the woman who actually issues the visa told me it was impossible without a Brazil visa, and I would have to travel to Posadas, Argentina to get a visa. When I tried to reenter Paraguay, they would not give me an entry stamp because I did not have an entry/exit stamp from another country(Brazil) after my exit stamp. After some discussion in Spanish about what I could do now, they gave me a stamp CANCELLING my exit from Paraguay, to leave my prior Paraguay entry active.

I then returned to Asuncion, to try to get an extension instead of a new visa, and found out the extension was not very good.

It is possible to acquire an "extension" to the visa at the Oficina de Migraciones in Asuncion. It costs about GS160,000. It is complicated, you have to get an AUTHENTICATED copy of your entire passport(including all of the movement information), and take it to the Oficina de Verificationes in Asuncion with your passport. They investigate the visa to insure its authenticity, and presumably you as well. They then give you a verification stamp in the passport. You then return to the Oficina de Migraciones to obtain the extension stamp. The other big problem with this is it is not really an extension of the visa. It is a permission to remain in the country 90 days longer. The problem with this is it is no longer for multiple entry/exit. You lose this capability, and if you exit the country for any reason you cannot return without obtaining a new visa from a consulado outside the country. The Oficina of Migraciones in Asuncion cannot give you a visa for multiple entry/exit in any way.

Obviously, they are not very enthusiastic about extending the stay of Americans in Paraguay in any way. They are much worse than Costa Rica in this way, and Costa Rica is a pain.

On crossing the border from Encarnacion into Posadas, I was not asked about a return ticket to the US. I was simply given a visa stamp for 90 days. In this way, the Argentina entry at Posadas is the same as the entry into Buenos Aires from Uruguay via the Buquebus.

Johan007
10-03-04, 21:21
Mad City Dave:

Fuck The US state department!

If you believe them you could not visit 97.8 % of all destinations in the world.....including NYC!!!

LOL

just don't do anything REALY stupid like backpacking in Afghanistan,Colombia,Iraq or North Corea!!!

Johan.

PS: just stay low profile...and GO!

HappyGoLucky
07-31-05, 21:33
Hi gang,
I was in Asuncion over July 4th and couldn't check out the chica scene because I was with my novia. BUT, I can recommend a few restaurants I really enjoyed (the picture is of TABERNA ESPAÑOLA):

Restaurante TABERNA ESPAÑOLA
Ayolas 631 c/Gral. Díaz - Asunción · Gran Asunción Telefonos: 021 441 743
This place was my favorite. It was the President's private home and they serve authentic Spanish food.

Acuarela Mcal. López c/ San Martín (021) 605183
This was my second favorite. It's a Brazilian style parrilla and the waiters walk around with many different large cuts of hot meat; if you see something you like, they carve it at your table. It's a lot of fun. BTW, I noticed a lot of beautiful young ladies here on the arms of some older distinguished looking gents...

Restaurant TAYLLERAND
Mcal. Estigarribia 932 - Asunción · Gran Asunción Telefonos: 021 441 163
Good French food.

LA PARAGUAYITA Av. Brasilia y Rca de Siria 204 497
Good steaks.

JARDIN ALEMÁN SRL.
CAPIATA (028) Ruta II Km. 24 34 025 Fax 32 050
Bavarian style buffet. It's way out of Asuncion and I don't recommend going that far out of town unless you are fluent in Spanish or are travelling with a native as I did.

Here's a good site for restaurants in Asuncion:
http://www.ppn.com.py/html/servicios/vivir/restaurantes.asp

Buen provecho!

Y muchas gracias MD!!!

HappyGoLucky
08-28-05, 22:46
news analysis:
http://www.progresoweekly.com/index.php?progreso=analisis_noticioso&otherweek=1124946000
paraguay, the pentagon's new beachhead

something funny -- and we don't mean comical -- is happening in paraguay. on aug. 16, u.s. secretary of defense donald rumsfeld arrived in asunción to meet with president nicanor duarte frutos and defense minister roberto gonzález segovia on what the department of defense described as "problems ranging from hostage-taking and drug-trafficking to gangs and corruption." the u.s. embassy in asunción added "domestic health issues" to that list.

but are those local problems truly the domain of the pentagon, which (let's not forget) commands the world's mightiest military machine? wouldn't it have been more appropriate to send experts from the drug enforcement administration, the department of health, and the federal bureau of investigation to counsel the paraguayans on how to deal with hostage-taking, drug-trafficking, gangs, corruption and health care?

how effective could the u.s. army be against corrupt paraguayan officials? how could the u.s. navy deal with hostage-takers? can the u.s. air force solve the problem of street gangs in asunción? are the u.s. marines experts in combating drug traffic or dysentery?

no, something else was in the minds of the conferees and none of it was told to the public. the true purpose of rumsfeld's trip was to establish a major u.s. military presence in the heart of south america.

war games with immunity

consider the background. on may 5 of this year, washington and asunción agreed to hold joint military exercises in paraguay from july 1, 2005 to dec. 1, 2006, an 18-month period that could be extended indefinitely. the site selected was the department of boquerón, in the largely uninhabited chaco region of northwestern paraguay.

three weeks later, on may 26, the paraguayan congress granted the participating u.s. troops legal immunity from prosecution for any crimes against civilians they may commit while in paraguay, including, but not limited to, destruction of property, [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123), torture, and homicide. the decision to grant carte blanche to the american visitors was made by the legislators behind closed doors, without debate or publicity.

on june 10, paraguayan vice president luis castiglioni was summoned to washington to meet privately with rumsfeld, then-assistant secretary of state roger noriega, and vice president dick cheney. presumably, castiglioni was given further instructions to pass on to president duarte.

and on july 1, the first 500 u.s. soldiers -- led by seven officers -- arrived in paraguay with planes, weapons, equipment and ammunition. the contingent is the first of at least 13 u.s. units that will operate in paraguay until the military pact expires next year.

the base that isn't

the bolivian newspaper el deber recently reported that a major u.s. installation with lodging for up to 16,000 troops is being built at the mariscal estigarribia air strip, 120 miles south of the border with bolivia. the air strip was built in 2000 with u.s. assistance and reportedly can accommodate b-52 bombers and galaxy c5-a cargo and troop-carrier planes, two of the world's largest aircrafts.

the buildup comes despite u.s. embassy assurances that the u.s. has "absolutely no intention of establishing a military base anywhere in paraguay" and that the pentagon "has no intention to station soldiers for a lengthy period in paraguay."

not surprisingly, paraguay's neighbors argentina, brazil and bolivia are questioning the project, fearing it may go beyond the war on drugs, corruption and disease. those countries are within easy range of boquerón, if an air attack or land invasion is launched from paraguay. in a show of concern, brazil in late july staged military maneuvers along its border with paraguay to make sure it could deal with an incursion from that sector.

bolivia's preoccupation is particularly intense, because that country has large fields of oil and natural gas; the provinces of santa cruz and tarija are home to the second largest gas reserves in south america. further, a presidential election dec. 4 will pit proponents of both the nationalization and the privatization of those energy sources.

bolivian industrialists intent on privatizing and exporting the country’s gas have begun a campaign in those provinces for a secessionist referendum. if the region votes to become independent, the gas most likely will be privatized; massive demonstrations are sure to follow. and if civil unrest erupts, the pentagon will be in a strategic position to intervene from its base in paraguay, ostensibly to protect the interests of u.s. energy corporations.

military springboards

the united states has always maintained a military presence in latin america, of course. right now, it has four permanent bases in the region, which it euphemistically calls cooperative security locations: guantánamo bay, cuba; aruba, curaçao; comalapa, el salvador; and manta, ecuador. boquerón, paraguay, could be its fifth.

it is instructive to recall how the manta base came into existence, in 1999. at first, the pentagon presented it as a "dirt strip," a facility devoted solely to anti-drug operations and weather monitoring. the base would operate only during daytime, the pentagon said, and would not be a permanent home for u.s. troops. later, the pentagon "clarified" its original statement and announced manta would serve as a major u.s. military base entrusted with various security-related missions.

so far, more than $80 million has been invested in manta, which has become one of the best-equipped airports in latin america. the base reportedly played a liaison role in the 2002 coup against venezuelan president hugo chávez.

top beneficiary: the army

that kind of money and technical aid will be welcome by the paraguayan armed forces, which consist of 7,000 soldiers, 1,200 airmen and (oddly, for a land-locked nation) 2,000 sailors.

paraguayan army col. hugo mendoza, director of the defense ministry's military museum, told reporters traveling with rumsfeld that he's thankful for the pentagon's technical assistance. "we're learning new things and working with new equipment and latest technology that we would not be able to afford otherwise," he said. "we have well-trained people in the armed forces who are very competent. but we don't have the modern weaponry and training we would like."

well, the bolivians are not interested in becoming the targets of such modern weaponry and latest technology.

lawmaker william cardozo, a social democrat from tarija, has asked bolivia’s interim president, eduardo rodríguez, to launch an investigation regarding the u.s. presence in the region. tarija, a province near the border with paraguay, contains one of the two largest crude oil and natural gas reserves in bolivia.

and bolivian military analyst juan ramón quintana says u.s. military activities in paraguay have regional implications. "we should be very worried," he warns. "it is a most negative sign, dramatic in the fact that there exists the possibility of intervention in strategic areas linked to energy."

a disaster waiting to happen

little of this has appeared in the u.s. media. rumsfeld's trip to paraguay made the headlines only because of a statement the defense secretary made to reporters, regarding the political unrest in bolivia. "there certainly is evidence that both cuba and venezuela have been involved in the situation in bolivia in unhelpful ways," he said cryptically, refusing to elaborate.

but blaming cuba and venezuela for every social problem in latin america is not the answer to those problems; sending u.s. troops into the area will not solve them, either.

the danger in a situation like this is that somewhere, sometime, someone in command will make a misjudgment, press a wrong button, give a wrong order. and a crisis of major proportion will explode in our own backyard.

having seen what has been done elsewhere by overzealous administrations -- from vietnam to iraq -- we have reason to worry.

HappyGoLucky
04-15-06, 19:00
Here are some pictures of Chololo, a recreational area about an hour from Asuncion. There are several swimming areas including a river-fed natural swimming pool, a hotel, and a fairly good restaurant. It's a fun place to spend a few hours with your chica...

HappyGoLucky
04-16-06, 01:11
Here is another place I really enjoyed about 2.5 hours from Asuncion on the highway half way to Encarnacion. It's call Villa Florida and has a comfortable hotel and pretty good restaurant down the street. The river can be viewed from the bridge as you enter Villa Florida and the camping areas which offer some of the best swimming are accessible from the town. The beaches are a gorgeous sandy white.

The last picture is of Pinamar, another recreational area about an hour from Asuncion and on the same road to Chololo. There are so many wonderful places like these to visit in Paraguay, e.g. Salto Cristal, about 2 hours from Asuncion.

Blastoff
04-16-06, 05:29
XXL, one more question on the BB topic. Regarding Indonesia, does your recommendation include Bali? I'm thinking of going there in the next few months. Other parts of Indonesia sound scarier and less appealing to me.

I was in Bali 2 years ago and it is a fun but low key place when it comes to P4P girls. You will pay anything between USD$20 for private houses and hotels for 1 hour up to USD$100 for the night out of the Hard Rock Cafe and other establishments but over all it is fun. There are many reports written of where to meet girls on Bali.

Enjoy.

Microcat
05-04-06, 01:54
I'm planning a trip to Paraguay for late this year and I had the following questions:

1.) Do I need any documents other than my US passport to enter the country?

2.) I live in Los Angeles. Should I book a flight from LAX or should I go to another city and go to Paraguay from there?

3.) Is Asuncion and Ciudad del Este safe?

4.) Should I rent a car while in Paraguay, or is it best to rely on public transportation?

5.) Which airlines are best for travel from the US to Paraguay?

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

Lexton
05-04-06, 21:25
Hi Microcat,

May I suggest that the very fact that you would ask these questions here says that you probably shouldn't even visit Paraguay.

Aside from the fact that these are basic travel preparation questions that may already have been discussed here(many by me) incidentally, their answer is best discovered by the traveller, since much depends on your personal situation.

For the general interest of all readers, I will say this: If you don't have the wherewithal and willingness to answer these questions AND MORE THOROUGHLY on your own, Paraguay is not the country for you.

Paraguay is not a tourist friendly country, and has no tourist infrastructure. They are not trying to create a tourist industry, and if anything are retreating from tourism. They don't have the money. They are not even officially that friendly toward Americans, which is why they have had a visa requirement for Americans since August of 2002.

If you do not speak spanish quite well(to hold a basic CONVERSATION with a hotel clerk or bus ticket salesperson or girl on the street or in an apartment), or are not willing to RTFF THOROUGHLY and understand the situation, or are not willing to study and plan THOROUGHLY for your trip, ¨Paraguay is not for you. You may be able to visit and get by for a few days, going to a particular hotel in Asunción and then leaving, but that is about it. And you probably won't enjoy it all that much. When you plan, a good part of your plan needs to be preparing to be flexible, especially for a trip of more than a few days.

I studied spanish for 3 years(with 700 hours of classes) and travelled in Latin America 2 years before I first went. Happygolucky speaks spanish and is guided by the family of his girlfriend, and so on.

Most of the "tourists" in Paraguay are Peace Corps, backpacker guided tour, Morman missionaries, and experienced business traveller types. They are not casually travelling alone.

NOBODY speaks english. Even people who should, like hotel desk clerks, generally don't or very little. Many people don't even speak spanish all that well, their native language is Guarani(pronounced war-ah-NEE).

So there is a reason that there are very few posts in this section. And Ciudad del Este and the other cities of Paraguay are much less supportive of tourists than Asuncion, which is why almost NOONE has gone to them and reported.

So maybe another country is better for you. Costa Rica, where I spent 7 months in Spanish school 5 days a week, is very nice and tourist friendly. And a great deal of fun.

Best of luck in whatever you do.

HappyGoLucky
05-05-06, 00:30
Microcat,

I would not recommend renting and/or driving in Paraguay unless you are with a native who can negotiate with the police. On one occasion I was stopped outside of Villa Florida simply because the police wanted to see papers for the car. I had a copy of my passport but not a copy of my visa and the police wanted $1,000,000 guarani to let me go. My girlfriend argued with the cop in guarani until he settled for $50,000 guarani. I was not aware that one is required to carry one's visa at all times, and I am still not sure that is the case. I've yet to ask the consulate about that. Nonetheless we paid the bribe to be on our way.

On another occasion I was stopped in Capiata for not having my lights on during the day. The cop wanted a $500,000 guarani bribe, but again my girlfriend negotiated down to $100,000 guarani. While my Spanish is passable, I would never have been able to negotiate in the guarani language with the confidence and skill required in such situations.

If you do go to Paraguay, I suggest you use cabs or hire a driver. And as Lexton pointed out, Paraguay is NOT tourist friendly so take extra care.

Lexton
05-07-06, 22:23
Hi HappyGoLucky,

Actually, you are lucky you got off so easily. And this is not just in Paraguay. The EDITOR of an English Language newspaper in San Juan, Costa Rica was put in jail for a few days for travelling without proper papers in another city of Costa Rica, because he had only COPIES of the passport and entrance stamp. He wrote an article in the paper.

Normally, copies of the passport, visa page, and entrance stamp are sufficient for day to day use in a given area, where you could produce the passport easily. For travel to another area, the original passport is normally required. In Argentina, there are police checkpoints at many crossings between provinces, where they check your passport. I haven't even asked because I assume copies would not be acceptable. I saw a group of 5 removed from the bus entering Corrientes from Misiones because of a problem with their papers.

The bus I was riding was stopped at a control checkpoint between Ciudad del Este and Asunciòn at least one trip. Even the natives need documentation at these checkpoints, I understand.

I would basically expect this to be the requirement in every country. As a by the way, this is not a stupid or silly requirement now. One problem of the digital age is that it is extremely difficult/impossible to prove that a laser image is a photocopy of an original and not modified by Photoshop or another editor and then printed. Legal copies must be authenticated when produced.

Microcat
05-17-06, 01:36
Thank you for the info, gents. Although I was born here in the USA, my parents are from Chile. In other words, I speak, read, and write Spanish like a native. So the language barrier won't be any problem.

Besides visiting Chile, I've also been to Argentina (in 2002), Peru (January 2006), and Bolivia (January 2006). I figured I'd give Paraguay a try because NO ONE ever mentions Paraguay as a tourist destination. The last place I want to head to is a congested, "touristy" place like Costa Rica or Thailand. So Paraguay, land-locked and forgotten, seemed like an ideal destination.

Having read the preceding posts, I decided to ask one more question. Is police corruption of the like that has been previously mentioned widespread?

HappyGoLucky
05-20-06, 19:34
Well Microcat, the police are so poorly paid that bribes, money under the table, etc. is culturally accepted, though resented, and is widespread. I do not recommend that you drive a car, even though you speak Spanish, because if you get stopped you will need a native to negotiate the multa, and a multa they will find...

THat said, I'm looking forward to postings of your adventures!

Have fun,
-HGL

Jaimito Cartero
05-20-06, 20:18
Actually, you are lucky you got off so easily. And this is not just in Paraguay. The EDITOR of an English Language newspaper in San Juan, Costa Rica was put in jail for a few days for travelling without proper papers in another city of Costa Rica, because he had only COPIES of the passport and entrance stamp.

San Juan is in Puerto Rico. San Jose is in Costa Rica.

Tbird
06-15-06, 01:21
I have been reading the forum, and I do not think this has been addressed..there have to be direct flights to ASU from Buenos Aires...I have done some preliminary research, and major search engines guide me either through Santiago, or thru San Paolo (LAN Chile or TAM respectively, after a connection from AA). There must be a smaller local airline flying directly between the two capitals at a reasonable cost...would be very thankful for any pointers here. I would like to return to Buenos Aires, and do a quick trip to ASU while I am down there. Thanks!

Giggity
06-15-06, 03:24
I have been reading the forum, and I do not think this has been addressed..there have to be direct flights to ASU from Buenos Aires...I have done some preliminary research, and major search engines guide me either through Santiago, or thru San Paolo (LAN Chile or TAM respectively, after a connection from AA). There must be a smaller local airline flying directly between the two capitals at a reasonable cost...would be very thankful for any pointers here. I would like to return to Buenos Aires, and do a quick trip to ASU while I am down there. Thanks!Oh goody. My first post on the ISG gets to be an answer rather than a question! TAM Mercosur operates two flights per day EZE-ASU, flight "PZ 702" leaving at 11:10AM ART, and "PZ 700" leaving at 10:00PM ART. Each is a little under 2 hours, but you drop an hour flying west into ASU, so it's only an hour later when you land. It looks as though these flights are offered each day. Since I've never been to ASU, I'd select the earlier flight because I don't want to be alone at night in a town where neither English or Spanish is spoken by the type of people who might confront you in an unfriendly manner.

TAM's website is wholly useless for looking up price info about these flights, as when you select either of them the site asks you to "Please, select another flight." I guess TAM isn't allowed to advertise rates for flights not originating or ending in Brazil. Fortunately, you can find them on Expedia and Varig's website as being offered by Varig (but operated by TAM - wtf?). The earlier flight is marketed as Varig Flight 7301, and the later as Flight 7303. Round-trip is currently advertised as costing $312.50 on Expedia, whereas the one-ways are $226.50 EZE-ASU and $212.00 ASU-EZE. Book accordingly if you plan to return directly to BsAs within a fixed timeframe.

I don't know what will happen to this particular state of affairs given Varig's current troubles, but I hope that this information is useful to you.

Tbird
06-15-06, 18:03
I found some of this info myself after searching for "The national airline of PY" and going from there. Also, GOL seems to have direct flights from EZE.

Actually, www.tam.com.py let me look up the prices, and the direct one (without the escala in Cuidad del Este) seems to be $289. GOL looks a little cheaper.

Aladin99
06-19-06, 09:33
I have seen Microcats questions for travelling to Paraguay. I was there for 6 weeks in March and April this year. I arrived without any Spanish language skills but reasonable English and French knowledge. The first two weeks I learned Spanish in a very nice language school in the old microcenter of Asuncion.

During this time I lived with a guest family only Spanish speaking. During all this time I had never bad experience even walking trough the city at 3 a.m. There is a lot of police and military presence on all important spots. I also met American people because the living costs a very low in Asuncion. There are some very nice bars and restaurants for all purposes. If you hire a Taxi driver for a night you will find most oft the places easily. The only disadvantage is that they are all in different places.

It’s easy to meet nice girls in shopping centers or Pubs. For tourist point of view there are in the south Missiones Jesuites and of course the Igauzu waterfalls. You can drive with fast Air-condition busses from ASu to Ciudat Este. From there I can recommend a very honest taxi driver for visiting the waterfalls. Absolute great experience.

My conclusion I would come back to Paraguay without hesitating.

HappyGoLucky
01-01-07, 21:35
Paraguay is not a tourist friendly country, and has no tourist infrastructure. They are not trying to create a tourist industry, and if anything are retreating from tourism. They don't have the money. They are not even officially that friendly toward Americans, which is why they have had a visa requirement for Americans since August of 2002.Lexton, did you read about George Bush purchasing 100,000 acres in Paraguay?

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1928928,00.html
"Rumours of Mr Bush's supposed forays into South American real estate surfaced during a recent 10-day visit to the country by his daughter Jenna Bush. Little is known about her trip to Paraguay, although officially she travelled with the UN children's agency Unicef to visit social projects. Photographers from the Paraguayan newspaper ABC Color tracked her down to one restaurant in Paraguay's capital Asunción, where she was seen flanked by 10 security guards, and was also reported to have met Paraguay's president, Nicanor Duarte, and the US ambassador to Paraguay, James Cason. Reports in sections of the Paraguayan media suggested she was sent on a family "mission" to tie up the land purchase in the "chaco"."

Mature Man
01-02-07, 11:25
I heard that one. It's next to Moon's land which is about 170,000 acres and having the largest water aquifer in Latin America.

He may end up there to ensure that he does not get the same treatment he handed out to Sadaam.

Lexton, did you read about George Bush purchasing 100,000 acres in Paraguay?

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1928928,00.html
"Rumours of Mr Bush's supposed forays into South American real estate surfaced during a recent 10-day visit to the country by his daughter Jenna Bush. Little is known about her trip to Paraguay, although officially she travelled with the UN children's agency Unicef to visit social projects. Photographers from the Paraguayan newspaper ABC Color tracked her down to one restaurant in Paraguay's capital Asunción, where she was seen flanked by 10 security guards, and was also reported to have met Paraguay's president, Nicanor Duarte, and the US ambassador to Paraguay, James Cason. Reports in sections of the Paraguayan media suggested she was sent on a family "mission" to tie up the land purchase in the "chaco"."

Lexton
01-02-07, 22:56
I have seen references to this in various places. I have no idea if it's true, but may be. Why else would his daughter come to Paraguay, especially near the summer? It sure wasn't for the weather, or the city night life, etc.

What is true: Since the advent of the WTO, Paraguay has increased its exports dramatically, especially of beef. The big landowners are making a lot of money. So there is a sort of rush to become a big owner of agricultural land.

The income gap between rich and poor is obviously growing, with the rich getting richer. The price of beef has increased to world market prices, and is up 50%-100% in the last year or so. The common people are having trouble buying it, and other products for export. The money earned from exports has very low "velocity" for the economy, because beef production uses little labor, much land. It goes right back out of the country in imports of oil products, cars, and other imported items for the rich. What little is put in the local economy goes right out to China, India, etc. for imported products for the common people. The infrastructure in terms of roads, water, electricity, etc. is generally going to hell. There is currently a big issue with the negotiation of new contracts for the hydroelectric dams, with some papers talking of Paraguay getting a bad result.

The US is reportedly building a base in the Chaco, although officially the US denies this. But the US has clearly been trying to increase it's military presence here. Conventional wisdom is that the US wants to be able to protect the interests of the oil companies in Bolivia. So Bush may know something that we officially don't regarding more US presence at high levels.

I am somewhat worried about all this. The Guarani is obviously being manipulated. The country had 10% inflation last year, but the Guarani gained 16%, from $1=6200 to 5100 now. I saw a projection in Sundays paper talking about $1=Gs4250 by the end of 2007. That should not be happening with their inflation. But obviously, things will be getting more expensive here for tourists. It could be the manipulation of the Guarani is trying to offset the effect of world market prices, since the beef prices are set in dollars and euros, which have declined equally in value relatively. That would tend to help hold the line on further price increases on export items in the local market priced in Guarani.

In the Argentina forum, they are beating up on Kirchner for suppressing exports of beef, etc. Obviously, he is trying to prevent this same thing from happening in Argentina. And the Peso has declined to the dollar. So Argentina is getting cheaper or staying equal, while Paraguay is getting more expensive for tourists.

Another trend I hate to see: There is something of an evangelical movement afoot, it seems. They closed the bars early in Asuncion starting in 2005 and many closed or moved. There appears to be more harrassment of the working women on the street this year. I notice that the ads in ABC have changed from "departmento privado" and "acompañante" to "casa de masaje" and "masajista" and there are less of them. That really annoys me because I was going to try a newspaper ad again, but haven't been able to figure out a way to word it that would be accepted. That had to be government influence. Since this kind of crap is going on in the US as well due to Bush and friends, there may be more influence than we suspect. They certainly know more than we do.

Pija666
02-15-07, 20:34
One of his favorites according to his report on a paraguayan web she has this info:

"Soy tierna, agradable y cariñosa. Me gusta de todo! Megusta sentir el extasis y el placer y si es con vos mejor! LlamameServicios especiales a Hoteles y Domicilios!

Edad 20 años
Altura 1.70 metros
Medidas 90-60-90
Tipo Trigueña
Idioma Español
Horario De 11:00 a 21:00 Hs.
Zona Petirossi
Agencia Claus Prod. II (Tte. Farina)
Teléfonos 208392 0971-615960 0971-613877

Travel Fun
02-16-07, 20:34
Here's an update on visa requirements for Paraguay. I got my visa in Buenos Aires same day, but you will do better giving yourself a couple extra days.

You need your passport; 1 photo suitable for passport use, and $65 USD in cash.

If you have an airline ticket in your hand that shows your flight the next day you may get same day service.

If you do not speak Spanish, you should consider taking someone to translate because my sense was that the Paraguayans really don't care if you come to their country or not.

The address of the consulate is Viamonte 1851 which is close to Calloa. The hours are 0800 to 1500. If you want same day, you need to get there early in the day. There will be a lot of people queued up for various documents, and there are about 4 different lines, so you need to ask which line to get in.

They will take your passport and keep it until they issue the visa, so if you don't have a copy, make one so you have it while you are waiting for the visa to be issued. If you get same day service, they will send you away until later in the afternoon - usually after 1530.

Pija666
03-19-07, 01:49
Hi Pija666, I read your Paraguay posts and became interested in the place. I am originally from Brazil, but live in US, speak passable spanish and good portuguese. Maybe you could show me around that place as I need to explore cheaper places than Brazil. Can I enter Paraguay with a brazilian passport? I don't want to pay for a visa as an american.All the countries from MERCOSUR(including brazil) don't need a visa with each other, as I understand. So you have to practice Spanish, to try and get the better prices and the rest is just come as soon as you can, man.

Don't try to make the women go to your hotel, or they're going to make you an horrific deal like $200, (and most of that, like 150! Is just for the hotel guy). If you go to the "casas" you never pay more than $20 for an hour with a beautiful Paraguayan. For more advice. Look some other reports here.

Johan007
04-10-07, 14:26
Here's an update on visa requirements for Paraguay. I got my visa in Buenos Aires same day, but you will do better giving yourself a couple extra days.

You need your passport; 1 photo suitable for passport use, and $65 USD in cash.

If you have an airline ticket in your hand that shows your flight the next day you may get same day service.

If you do not speak Spanish, you should consider taking someone to translate because my sense was that the Paraguayans really don't care if you come to their country or not.

The address of the consulate is Viamonte 1851 which is close to Calloa. The hours are 0800 to 1500. If you want same day, you need to get there early in the day. There will be a lot of people queued up for various documents, and there are about 4 different lines, so you need to ask which line to get in.

They will take your passport and keep it until they issue the visa, so if you don't have a copy, make one so you have it while you are waiting for the visa to be issued. If you get same day service, they will send you away until later in the afternoon - usually after 1530.

wow...65 bucks just for a visa???
What if you just travel by land and want to cross the border??I mean a normal turist visa...

@@@@@@ UPDATE@@@@@@@@@ I FOUND OUT THAT FOR MOST CITIZENS OF EU COUNTRIES LIKE MYSELF (Dutch) there is NO need for a visa if you do NOT stay longer then 90 days!!!!!!!!
For US/CanadiANS i DON'T KNOW....
If you leave the country by the airport there is a tax of 25 USD to be paid.

Paraguay seems more and more intresting to emigrate. I know many germans went there...and for 5000 USD you can have your perm visa...!
They have very low costs of living and Ascxencion is a VERY cheap City...compared to many others:-)

here is a very informative link...alas in german language.

http://www.paraguay-online.net/

been thinking myself to go there later this year. Only bad thing are the quite costly tickets from Europe:-( and the many hours in the plane.

regards,

Johan

Rock Harders
10-10-07, 06:18
Mongers-
I will be heading up to Asuncion on October 17th with a few well-known mongers from the Buenos Aires scene. We were able to get a non-stop flight from Buenos Aires (we live there full-time) on GOL for $143 USD including taxes. Getting the visa was a breeze at the Paraguayan consulate (Viamonte 1851, half block from Callao) in Buenos Aires; just show up with your passport, $65 USD, and one passport sized photo, fill out a form, and you return the next day and its ready to go. You can expect a full detailed report to come in the near future on Asuncion and possibly Concepcion, as I hear the hottest Paraguayas are there.
Suerte,
Rock Harders

Pija666
10-10-07, 17:51
Mongers,

I will be heading up to Asuncion on October 17th with a few well-known mongers from the Buenos Aires scene. We were able to get a non-stop flight from Buenos Aires (we live there full-time) on GOL for $143 USD including taxes. Getting the visa was a breeze at the Paraguayan consulate (Viamonte 1851, half block from Callao) in Buenos Aires; just show up with your passport, $65 USD, and one passport sized photo, fill out a form, and you return the next day and its ready to go. You can expect a full detailed report to come in the near future on Asuncion and possibly Concepcion, as I hear the hottest Paraguayas are there.

Suerte,

Rock HardersWhen you get here PM me your phone or email and I'll give all the help I can.

Lexton
10-17-07, 18:16
Those damned thieving banks are raising there levels of thievery again. The moment I have been dreading has arrived.

Citibank this week introduced a foreign ATM fee of Gs25,000($US5). I was using a VISA card from the US.

I was given a message announcing the charge and an opportunity to cancel, which I did. I then went to an ABM-AMRO and extracted money there. There was no message of a fee, the ATM operated in a normal fashion, so I assume there was none until I can check the account.

It looks like Citibank is leading the pack in robbery. I fear the other banks will follow. Avoidance of ATM fees is becoming an ever bigger issue. If I were to use my Wells FEEgo card(God forbid) to withdraw $US400(an amount still possible here) it would cost me:

Wells FEEgo: Foreign ATM=$5, International Transaction 3%=$12, Total=$17
Visa foreign currency 1%= $4
Citibank foreign ATM= $5
Grand total= $US26 to extract $US400!!! = 6.5%

At a time they are paying <1% per YEAR for checking interest.

And as the banks create greater monopolies, they get harder to avoid. Another classic example of robbing the little people. Thank the corporate imperialists in power.

Lexton
11-07-07, 21:51
Just as I thought, the thievery of the banks is spreading out. After the introduction of the GS25,000 fee introduced at Citibank, I withdrew money at ABN-Amro on Oct 17, 07 without an ATM fee. Yesterday, after returning to Paraguay, I withdrew money from ABN-Amro again on Nov 06, 07.

Looking at my account, it appears that ABN-Amro has introduced a foreign ATM fee of about GS30,000(something over $6) per withdrawal. This is in addition to the 1% Visa fee. There was no warning, no message about it on the machine. In my account, there is no separate fee shown, The fee was simply included in the base transaction amount. Because of this, even those banks that re-imburse foreign ATM fees will not reimburse this. You are stuck.

This is really pissing me off. I will try to start looking for local banks in the hope of avoiding the fees.

One way to punish these bastards is: Even if the fees become unavoidable, do not use the big international banks like Citibank and ABN-Amro that started this crap so that they will profit from this thievery. Go to smaller local banks, preferably Paraguay banks, and let them make the money instead. Take a stand against being robbed.

A $6 ATM fee is like a charge of $6 more for delivering the Coke in a soda machine. It is absolute robbery.

Also, I can't believe that the fee for Paraguayans is Gs25,000 or Gs30,000. That is 6 hours pay for a lot of people. I think they must be charging more because it is an international card. Are there any local Paraguayans with experience on the ATM fees charged to locals with Paraguayan cards?

Does anybody else know anything about avoiding the fees?

Lexton
11-07-07, 22:09
Another thing to watch out for. It doesn't necessarily help you to get an account with a big international bank like Citibank or ABN-Amro so that you can use their ATM machines and avoid the foreign ATM fee.

Many of these banks have also introduced an International Transaction fee of 1% to 3%, which they charge even in their own ATM's. DO NOT get an account with a bank that charges a Foreign Transaction Fee percentage. That transaction costs them no more than a local transaction. They are just robbing you. All of the cost, plus profits, are covered by the 1% foreign currency conversion fee that Visa or MC charges. They take all of the foreign currency risk. The US bank sees the transaction as a normal US$ transaction.

Also, an ATM transaction costs a bank practically nothing. A check is far more expensive to process, even today when most physical checks are no longer sent between banks. They are simply trying to introduce ever increasing fees, at a time when the cost to process accounts and transactions has declined tremendously.

Lexton
11-15-07, 20:13
If you come to Paraguay, bring lots of cash or be prepared to pay a lot of ATM fees. The Gs25,000-Gs30,000 fee per transaction has spread everywhere in about 4 weeks. With the fall of the dollar, Gs25,000 is over $5.

These goddamned banks are experts at behaving as a cartel. The ATM fee appears to be everywhere. I have tried Banco Continental, InterBanco, Banco Integracion as well as Citibank and ABM-Amro. All have the fee.

I still think the fee must be for an international card. This fee is so high that I can't imagine Paraguayans paying it. That means it is open season on tourists here in the ATM machines. We can probably look forward to various attempts to increase the fee even more in the future.

The dollar has gotten hammered against the Guarani. It is now about 4670 per dollar today, down from 5100 in the past year, and 6100 in the past 2 years. The loss over 2 years is about 24%. So things are getting progressively more expensive for tourists in Paraguay. You can thank the Bush administration and their attempts to bankrupt the country.

There was also a 12% increase in the price of my hotel last month. Combined with the fall of the dollar, the hotel price is up 22.5% in the last 4 months. It appears that the inflation of Paraguay is going to be like that of Argentina: high but not affecting the exchange rate, so tourists get hammered.

James Tott
01-10-08, 14:23
Hi guys,

Do you have any info regarding buying viagra,generic viagra or cialis in asunsion.If available can you buy it without prescription?and how much does it cost?I will appreciate any information available.

Thanks,

Jim

Pija666
01-10-08, 21:32
Hi guys,

Do you have any info regarding buying viagra,generic viagra or cialis in asunsion.If available can you buy it without prescription?and how much does it cost?I will appreciate any information available.

Thanks,

JimIn Any "farmacia" you will find sildenafil or viagra. (viagra doesnt exist as a brand here)but if you ask for VIAGRA in any FARMACIA, the people will understand. Is near 10. 000 Guaranies per pill of 50mg (2 bucks). If you buy a "tira"(from 2 to 10 pills) is cheaper. The name that I remember now is RIGIX, very good results.

James Tott
01-11-08, 14:24
In Any "farmacia" you will find sildenafil or viagra. (viagra doesnt exist as a brand here)but if you ask for VIAGRA in any FARMACIA, the people will understand. Is near 10. 000 Guaranies per pill of 50mg (2 bucks). If you buy a "tira"(from 2 to 10 pills) is cheaper. The name that I remember now is RIGIX, very good results.Thanks for that mate.

Jim

Crypton
01-16-08, 07:28
Do any ISG members live in Asuncion on a permanent or semi-permanent basis? I would like to visit Paraguay and would like some company and/or help.
If so, PM please.

Cheers.

James Tott
02-06-08, 11:40
If you come to Paraguay, bring lots of cash or be prepared
to pay a lot of ATM fees. The Gs25,000-Gs30,000 fee per transaction has spread everywhere in about 4 weeks. With the fall of the dollar, Gs25,000 is over $5.

These goddamned banks are experts at behaving as a cartel. The ATM fee appears to be everywhere. I have tried Banco Continental, InterBanco, Banco Integracion as well as Citibank and ABM-Amro. All have the fee.

I still think the fee must be for an international card. This fee is so high that I can't imagine Paraguayans paying it. That means it is open season on tourists here in the ATM machines. We can probably look forward to various attempts to increase the fee even more in the future.

The dollar has gotten hammered against the Guarani. It is now about 4670 per dollar today, down from 5100 in the past year, and 6100 in the past 2 years. The loss over 2 years is about 24%. So things are getting progressively more expensive for tourists in Paraguay. You can thank the Bush administration and their attempts to bankrupt the country.

There was also a 12% increase in the price of my hotel last month. Combined with the fall of the dollar, the hotel price is up 22.5% in the last 4 months. It appears that the inflation of Paraguay is going to be like that of Argentina: high but not affecting the exchange rate, so tourists get hammered.Hi,

I am coming to Asuncion on last week of feb 08 from Buenos Aires

Where is the best place to exchange money British £?

Also any info regarding chica friendly hotels in Asuncion.

Thanks,

Jim

Lexton
02-07-08, 20:58
When exchanging money in Asuncion, it is best to change money in the "Casas de Cambio" or regular money exchange houses. There are many of these on Palma in the area between Independencia National and 15 de Agosto. Some have signs advertising the exchange rate. All are generally reliable and offer the best rates.

There is one new thing happening these days. The exchange houses have stopped accepting US$100 bills with serial numbers starting with "D". This has been for the last 2 weeks or so. Supposedly, there were "rumors" of counterfeit bills in this series. This happened once before a few months back with bills of the series "CB". This time, there are obviously a lot more bills being rejected. I fear this may be starting a new game. These bills can be changed by the money changers on the street. They will discount what they think you will accept. They might start out offering GS420,000 and eventually accept Gs450,000, depending on the exchange rate for the dollar. I am a little suspicious, and suspect that they sharpened their discounting skills with the "CB" business, and are now quick to pull the trigger on any rumors, since the street changers love the discount business.

Generally, do not use the street changers. You will be cheated if they think they can. Be especially wary in the area of Calle Alberdi, where there is a whole gang of changers at the intersection of Palma & Alberdi, and a bunch of hangers-on and ripoff specialists on Alberdi toward Presidente Franco.

I was cheated by the street guys a week or so ago. It is easier than you would think. The scam that got me went like this:

1. I was trying to change about $US1500 to open a bank account. I changed $US500 in one change place on Palma, no problem. I then went to Cambios Alberdi, a house on Alberdi I used to use a couple years ago. In Alberdi, they rejected my series "D" bills, but I changed $US500 of other bills. At the time, I was upset about the "D" business, and thought it might be a scam.

2. As I was leaving Cambios Alberdi, a change guy outside approached me and offered to change my problem bills for a discount. I was wary. I generally don't use street changers because of the`problems. First Warning: "Always be VERY suspicious of anyone conveniently positioned to offer you "help" with a problem you have just had. They are the most frequent scammers".

3. I was still upset and wanted to change the bill I had. So I asked, and he offered me GS420,000. The dollar was at GS468,000 for $US100.
I negotiated a rate of GS450,000 and he changed the bill for that. I should have quit right there.

4. A group of 3-4 hangers-on was gathering around us during the exchange. Second Warning: Never try to deal with a group. They will gang up against you and are experts. But I still wanted to exchange the $US400 I had left, and admitted that I had it when he asked if I had more to change. He offered me a rate of GS4,690, good but not unreasonable.

5. We used a calculator one guy had to calculate GS4,690 * $US400 = GS1,876,000. I thought I would remember the number. But the scam was already underway. The hangers-on and the change guy were talking fast and generating excitement, distracting my attention. The change guy sent one of them to go get more money from another changer. Third Warning: There should never be more than one party involved. I was getting suspicious, and even used the calculator to recalculate the amount. But I did not WRITE IT DOWN.

6. The guy returned with the money, all the while the changer and the other guys were NOW trying to rush me and were all talking at once and keeping me distracted. Third ´Warning: "Never let people rush you in a transaction. They are up to no good.". The changer takes the money and then puts it down and says: "Here it is, GS1,626,000." I did not notice the change in the number at the time. Believe me, in this situation, you wouldn't either. These are big, unfamiliar numbers that change daily. These guys are experts, and do this sort of thing all the time. Note also that the change leaves a similar SOUNDING number.

7. Obviously, they ripped me off for GS250,000, or about $US50. I didn't realize it until later, when I was reviewing the transaction. I had a very strong suspicion that I had been cheated, but didn't know how. I was looking for counterfeit bills, etc. The beauty of this is that what they did isn't even illegal. If I noticed the change in numbers, they would have said: "Oh, we made a mistake, here is the rest of the money". They would not have tried to force the issue there, as there are a lot of cops around that area. But the cops are no protection against scams.

More obviously, I felt like a horse's ass when I realized how they did it, and I was. I ignored at least 3 major warnings that I normally would heed. The whole thing was set up by my being upset over the nonsense with the rejection of the "D" series bill, which made me receptive to doing something against my better judgement.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BETTER JUDGEMENT in everything, including and especially when trying to deal with the women. Think with the big head.

El Greco
02-08-08, 00:55
[QUOTE=Lexton]

5. We used a calculator one guy had to calculate GS4,690 * $US400 = GS1,876,000. I thought I would remember the number. But the scam was already underway. The hangers-on and the change guy were talking fast and generating excitement, distracting my attention. The change guy sent one of them to go get more money from another changer. Third Warning: There should never be more than one party involved. I was getting suspicious, and even used the calculator to recalculate the amount. But I did not WRITE IT DOWN.

QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Lexton.

They even used a "fixed" calculator once in Bali Indonesia with me. Hopefully I was trying to change a $100 bill and it was easy to understand their scam.
I only use my own calculator since then.

Will be in ASU from FEB 28th till MAR 5th together with Mediboy.
Will be glad to offer beers. Will be stayng at the CITY hotel. Any objections to that?

Meanwhile can you please suggest some kind of activities/excursion for MAR 1st and 2nd? I understand it is a holiday there.

Thanks

El Greco

Jerkus
02-08-08, 02:41
Thanks for the info Lexton.

They even used a "fixed" calculator once in Bali Indonesia with me. Hopefully I was trying to change a $100 bill and it was easy to understand their scam.
I only use my own calculator since then.

Will be in ASU from FEB 28th till MAR 5th together with Mediboy.
Will be glad to offer beers. Will be stayng at the CITY hotel. Any objections to that?

Meanwhile can you please suggest some kind of activities/excursion for MAR 1st and 2nd? I understand it is a holiday there.

Thanks

El GrecoHey Greco,

I'll be in Paraguay from the 28th to March 3rd, maybe we'll bump into each other! I'm staying at the Manduara hotel (http://www.manduara.com.py/), I've heard good things about the nightlife in Asunción, so I'm looking forward to that...

Lexton thanks for the info!

BuleDaddy
02-10-08, 05:07
I'm trying to figure out the attraction.

Lorenzo
02-10-08, 07:15
Of what? Going to Paraguay? Two reasons to go there: 1) because it's there; 2) an abundance of inexpensive pussy. BTW, I've also been to Pyongyang. :)

El Greco
02-10-08, 16:51

Have you ever been to South America mate? Have you ever banged a "chica"?
Especially one from Paraguay?

Lots of them in Buenos Aires giving the best PSE there. Everything goes.

Plus another pin to my map while alternating between chicas and garotas.

El Greco

El Greco
02-10-08, 16:54
Hey Greco,

I'll be in Paraguay from the 28th to March 3rd, maybe we'll bump into each other! I'm staying at the Manduara hotel (http://www.manduara.com.py/), I've heard good things about the nightlife in Asunción, so I'm looking forward to that...

Lexton thanks for the info!

Give us a call. Ask for the two bloody Greeks.

Your hotel looks very nice. If we don't like ours we might come over although twice the price.

El Greco

Xion149
02-20-08, 12:59
Hey Greco,

I'll be in Paraguay from the 28th to March 3rd, maybe we'll bump into each other! I'm staying at the Manduara hotel (http://www.manduara.com.py/)

I'll be staying here later in March as well. Please let us know how you found the hotel, quality, chica friendly, etc...

Muchas gracias!

Jerkus
02-21-08, 01:41
I'll be staying here later in March as well. Please let us know how you found the hotel, quality, chica friendly, etc...

Muchas gracias!Sure thing!

Give us a call. Ask for the two bloody Greeks.

Your hotel looks very nice. If we don't like ours we might come over although twice the price.

El GrecoOh man, I better come up with a good excuse/story to call the hotel and ask for "mis dos amigos griegos" :)

Guys,

Do you think this is something to worry about?

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL20758827

Should I get the vaccine before my trip? (sorry if my questions are a little stupid)

Thanks everyone!

Xion149
03-03-08, 15:33
Guys,

Do you think this is something to worry about?

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSL20758827

Should I get the vaccine before my trip? (sorry if my questions are a little stupid)

Thanks everyone!

I had been following this story myself. My thinking was, I'll see how news develops over the next few days- and if cases appear in Asuncion I'd get the vaccine. Well this article dated Feb 29:
http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/ASIN-7CAMYZ?OpenDocument
appears to indicate confirmed cases not just in rural areas, but inside Asuncion itself.
So, I'm getting the vaccine. If you haven't already, get alot of bug spray!

Johan007
04-22-08, 13:48
Well Ferando Lugo wun the general elections. And for the first time in 61 years the Colorado party does NOT get the majority of the votes.

Lets wait and see how this is going to turn out. Lugo seems buddies with el Loco Chavez from Venezuela. But maybe he is just a moderate socialist like what we see in Chile, Argentina, Brasil and Uruguay so things could turn out OK for the country.

Lets face it guys. Any worse then the Colorado party it coulnt'get! I mean these bastards have sucked out the Country for so many years. So lets give that Lugo guy some slack.

Johan

LongMarch
07-09-08, 10:29
Can anybody tell me if one can get a tourist visa upon entry to Paraguay upon arriving with a valid US passport?

Tijuana Brass
07-10-08, 20:00
Can anybody tell me if one can get a tourist visa upon entry to Paraguay upon arriving with a valid US passport?It is my understanding that Paraguay requires a visa for US citizens, but also for many other (but not all) countries.

Pictures and money and your original passport (which should be valid for at least another six months) and a few other items are required. The embassy's web page has the details.

I wish I could go soon. Enjoy your trip.

Since links may not be allowed here, run "Paraguay Embassy USA" through a search engine. Paraguay has an Embassy in Washington, DC, and a consular office in Los Angeles.

Tijuana Brass
07-10-08, 20:26
To complete my answer to your question about visas, you will need all the documentation listed on the embassy's web site regardless of where you want to get your visa, actually at the border or before you leave the US.

Agus
07-11-08, 01:57
Can anybody tell me if one can get a tourist visa upon entry to Paraguay upon arriving with a valid US passport?NO. You have to get a visa prior to your arrival. You can get in the US, or in Buenos Aires if you are going there.

Gonzo
08-24-08, 01:29
Can't believe that this hasn't been reported yet, but have any of you checked out Leryn Franco, the drop dead gorgeous javelin thrower in the Olympics?

http://*******.com/5jjtlh

If all the Paraguayan women looked like her, I'm so there!

She finished 7th out of 8 place, but that still makes her the 7th best female javelin thrower in the world. Google her name for more pix, including near nudies.

Looking For Eden
08-28-08, 05:05
Can't believe that this hasn't been reported yet, but have any of you checked out Leryn Franco, the drop dead gorgeous javelin thrower in the Olympics?

http://*******.com/5jjtlh

If all the Paraguayan women looked like her, I'm so there!

She finished 7th out of 8 place, but that still makes her the 7th best female javelin thrower in the world. Google her name for more pix, including near nudies.

It was reported today that she's dating tennis player Novak Djokavic and they met at the olympics.

Johan007
09-28-08, 19:34
my personal thoughts after a week asuncion is that they seem to be very shy and timid. i do speak decent spanish and i am not afraid to talk to any chica on the street or whateva.

paraguay is not to be compared with the open style of type of women you will find in the dr, colombia or brasil. so beware! and for the 45 th time. make sure you speak spanish! up till now i did not find any girl that speaks decent english. and if they do. well it's kindda sort like mickey mouse english. me hungry. can eat pizza? ok? shit like that. so don'çt expect a high class conversation here! unless ofcourse you meet the one odd translator or english teacher.

chicas walk arround everywere. in the malls you find you regurlar type of mini-golddigger (as i call them) which can be in for a treat. but you have to pay up for everything.

all in all most men here prefer hookers (and who can blame them!). as they are way cheaper in the long run then any normal regular woman here!

[deleted by admin]! btw most girls do look older. so don't worry. they older they get (above 35) they more nastier they are. and even if you pay all shit se. xo is not guaranteed.

[deleted by admin]. i am sick and tired of that " you gringo. you pay. and no get sexo thing". lol fuck that crap. who the fuck these women think i am? some stupid asshole or what?

if you go outside asuncion it's a whole other thing!

keep you guys posted. if any of you wanna meet up. just pm me or send me an email.

johan

editor's note: this report was edited to remove references to **** persons.

i am aware that the vast majority of references to **** girls are legitimate attempts to warn other fellow members about how easy it is to accidentally pickup an **** girls, the potential dangers of being caught with **** girls, etc. however, past discussions in the forum has repeatedly demonstrated that the subject simply cannot be discussed intelligently, in any form or for any reason, without being misinterpreted, and without starting flame wars.

please do not post references to **** persons in the forum. thanks!

Intellinational1
12-03-08, 20:02
Is it safe to visit Paraguay on your own? Can you walk around freely at night with little or no worries? How is it compared to other countries?

Johan007
12-17-08, 21:59
Is it safe to visit Paraguay on your own? Can you walk around freely at night with little or no worries? How is it compared to other countries? It all depends on WERE you want to go.

I walked many times alone through Asuncion at night and NEVER felt unsafe. (leave the Rolex at home. Though and no flashy expensive cell phones)

There are not too many areas were you shouldn't go. Asuncion is very laid back and I never was bothered by streethussler or the likes. Except maybe if you look too gringo-like and walk down town at daylight. Just say "no gracias"if somebody wants to sell you something and they'll walk on.

In the malls there is plenty of securtity so no worries. Bathrooms are all clean.

If you go out in the country side make sure you bring insekt repellant and condoms. (bring a role of toilet paper couldn'; t hurt either LOL)Never ever drink the tapwater. Unless you want to spend the next 3-4 days on the can. Also watch out with eating food from streetjoints.

Look out when taking a bus in Asuncion. They drive like hell and only stop for a short moment if you want to get off. After 20. 00 I wouldn't take any buis but grab a cab instead. Intercity busses are OK and cheap. From the Busterminal in Asuncion you can go to almost everywere in all of PY and beyond.

And make sure you know some spanish. In the countryside many people speak Guarani. But they all understand spanish.

Johan

Lexton
01-25-09, 22:33
If you come to Paraguay, bring lots of cash so you won't have to use the ATM machines. Paraguay banks earn the highest profit percentage of any banks in the world. They are outright thieves. They generally pay < 1% for deposits and charge from 27% to 50% for loans. For all of you pure capitalism proponents, you should love Paraguay. The government does nothing to help the citizens, and generally leads the stealing.

The banks have decreased the amount that can be withdrawn with a single transaction to $US200 with a $US5 ATM fee, or G1,000,000(about $200 currently) with a G25,000 fee. That is effectively 2.5%. This started about January 6.

How bad can this get? If you come to Paraguay with a Wells Feego card(and B of A and Chase are similar), the charges can be like this to extract $200 or G1,000,000:

Issuing bank: Foreign ATM Fee)------------$5.00
Issuing bank: Foreign Transaction Fee 3%--$6.00
Visa/MC Network 1% Currency Conversion---$2.00
Operating Bank ATM Usage Fee-------------$5.00

Total to Extract $200---------------------- $18.00 or 9%

They say you are permitted to have either 4 or 5 transactions per day(I forget which), up to the card limit at the issuing bank.

Johan007
03-15-09, 13:04
At Lexton:

I agree PY banks are ladrones. When I was there at EVERY bank they charge me 25. 000 G for a withdrawl! Thats about (at that time when I was there in sept/oct 2008) 4, 30 euros! Besides that many banks in Holland or germany charge you 2 euros for a withdrawl in any non-EU bank. So that adds up to 6, 30 euros for each withdrawl! (=8 usd! )

In Germany you have the DKB (Deutsche Kredit Bank) and they offer FREE cash withdrawls all over the world. Offcourse I had to pay the 25. 000 G. With their VISA Card. BUT when I wrote a complaint to them by email they refunded every time ihad to pay the 25. 000 G. ! I don't know if you cvan open an account at DKB. Maybe it's worth while ane mail to them?

http://dkb.d/ As I see it only availeble in German?

Normaly getting cash at an ATM with a VISA card is rather costly. So I don't know if there are banks in the US or Canada that offer FREE worldwide withdrawls? The pain is that the 25. 000 G is being charged by the PY banks. ! So keep that in mind.

Indeed I agree the PY banks are outrageous thieves and their rates are ridiculously high.

If you want to live in PY and want to open a bankaccount they even assk more things from you then the Visa office of Migraciones!

Johan

Illini333
09-08-09, 16:34
Im about to make a trip to Paraguay in a month. I have not looked over the board that much yet but am about to. Before I did that I wanted to know some questions. Is it easy to meet regular girls?? (discotechas, parks, ect) I speak spanish. I have been to every country in central america and how does paraguay compare?? Are there good strip clubs/***** houses in Paraguay??? What cities are recommended for a good time. Thanks all the help.

Illini333
09-08-09, 16:35
Im about to make a trip to Paraguay in a month. I have not looked over the board that much yet but am about to. Before I did that I wanted to know some questions. Is it easy to meet regular girls?? (discotechas, parks, ect) I speak spanish. I have been to every country in central america and how does paraguay compare?? Are there good strip clubs/***** houses in Paraguay??? What cities are recommended for a good time. Thanks all the help. Also are the women very beautiful?? I have never really met one before. What do most look like?? Thanks

Kicks Fet
09-21-09, 04:33
Im about to make a trip to Paraguay in a month. I have not looked over the board that much yet but am about to. Before I did that I wanted to know some questions. Is it easy to meet regular girls?? (discotechas, parks, ect) I speak spanish. I have been to every country in central america and how does paraguay compare?? Are there good strip clubs/***** houses in Paraguay??? What cities are recommended for a good time. Thanks all the help. Also are the women very beautiful?? I have never really met one before. What do most look like?? ThanksHi Illini333,

For the regular girls it's depend of you, your ability to catch a girl, but for me I see it easier than in Europe. Strip club I don't know so much, there is Playboy in the center but it's pathetic, I don't know if Karim strip club is still open, but it's not bette than playboy, maybe Le bacan, there is live show but I never been there. For ***** houses it's other things, there is a lot and you will find beautiful girl for very low prices. If you want to go out of Asuncion, for visit it's good but for girl action not so much. In Cuidad del Este you can cross the border to Brazil where there is lot much to do.

HappyGoLucky
10-04-09, 05:50
I found a very cool list that someone posted online and I wanted to share it.

Britania Pub

Is a pub in downtown,,, english style …. rock and pop music …. a lot off beer and other drinks …. is a nice place to go to drink and chat, and listen good musci
www.britania-pub.com.py

Pirata Bar
is a Night Club, a dance club …here we call that a "Discoteca" …. very nice place, the decoration is about "Piratas"… about Ships and boats …… the music is Electronica, dance,, and some of Latin music … and a few of rock also
Is in the dowb town… 2 block from the "Palacio de Lopes"
www.piratabar.com.py

Coyote - Night and Fun
This is the most "Fashion" Night club ,,, very High Level ….. it is in "Barrio Villa Morra" …. near the shoping del sol and shoping mariscal lopez… the biguest shopings cenetre from asuncion. …. Electronic music, dance, and Latin music too.
www.coyote.com.py

Caracol Club
Anothee great Disco !!… it is in the outsides of asuncion,,, some far away from dowtown …. is a most Traditional Night Club from paraguay,,,, more than 30 years ….. is the same style of Coyote …. dance and electronic musica and latin too ……. two years ago , DJ Benny Benassi were there…last year Global Deejays…. an this year DJ Robbie Rivera…. nad next october 12… DJ Tiesto is coming
www.caracol.com.py

GLAM (very cool but for younger people)
This Disco is very near to Coyote,, in Barrio Villa Morra,, veeeery nice and High Level …. this Disco is the younger brotehr of Caracol…the same owners …. and the same kind of music
www.glam.com.py

EL SANTO
This disco is 2 blocks from the Shoping mariscal Lopez,, in Villa Morra, in a complex called MANZANA T where you will also find great restaurants like Sol Azteca (mexican cousine), Il Mangiare 2 and few others.

Paseo Carmelitas
This is a shoping center with 6 pubs inside… the pubs ar Camastro, ( I love the food at camastro, they have great desserts), Sky,, El Bar,, and Kilkeny…… this one, Kilkeny is a Irish pub,,, very nice place,, yeterday .
The others pubs are very nice also …. alternative music, some of electronic, ambient music, chill out,,, rock and pop.

Galeria Colonial
This is two block from Paseo carmelitas… is a group of 5 pubs …. the first one is the best,, called DEJAVU ,,, a great place warm up before go dancing …… there also is the "Il mangiare".. an italian restaurant, they make great Pizzas there!!

If you visit some of these places leave your comments!!

Johan007
10-05-09, 14:22
I'd might want to add the "mi ranchito bar"to this list.

Its a nice quite retro bar with video clips. The volum is not as high as in most diskos so you can have a normal conversation without shouting in your ears!

It's on Mariscal Lopez. Very near to the Townhall of Asuncion. Every taxidriver knows were that is. Arround the corner is a taxistand. Keep in mind that during weekends at night the price for cabs are 10% more expensive.

Drinks are cheap. And the lomitos/hamburgers too. And good.

However bring your girl. As here normaly are more men inside then women. However once in a while a straykitten van be found.

Have fun.

Johan

HappyGoLucky
10-09-09, 02:53
Hi Johan,

Can you describe the process of buying a house in Paraguay? How did it go for you?

Alpha Alemán
10-19-09, 09:43
Im about to make a trip to Paraguay in a month. I have not looked over the board that much yet but am about to. Before I did that I wanted to know some questions. Is it easy to meet regular girls?? (discotechas, parks, ect) I speak spanish. I have been to every country in central america and how does paraguay compare?? Thankshttp://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=943181#post943181

All Info you need.

Bring on a Corvette ZR1 and u will pick up all the regulars.

Bernie65
10-26-09, 00:16
Hey there,

I am in Asuncion from 12.11.09. I'm German and it's not the first time I am there. I was there, because I had a beautifull time there with a girl. But I know Asu is boring and want a companion for a little time. I'm 44 years old and speak just a little spanish. Maybe I can have some contact with German-speaking people.

Thanks for the first.

Johan007
11-03-09, 16:22
For starters you need to know spanish. If not changes are big you get f&cked over.

Second find a trustworthy escribano (thats a public notary).

Third let that escribano check onforhand if there are any debts on the name of the current owner. If you do not do this change is great after you own the house you have to pay his/her debts! Otherwise you never get the titulo (= the paper on which is stated you are the legal owner).

Normal costs for the legal proces is on charge on the buyer. And is about 5 % of the value of the house. However many escribanos are willing to "change"the selling price. Ie lower that price so you have to pay less for their services.

Normaly if should take 4-6 weeks if you get the titulo on your name. Anything else that takes much longer is fishy. Some germans I know waited 4 months on their titulo. Needles to say they got f%cked over. Because they don't know spanish and they buy from german real estate brokers whoch do not have a very good reputation here!

Other rule is. If some house/piece of land is very cheap its usualy too good to be true and therefor not. So beware. Real estate can be very pricy especialy in la capital asuncion.!

For further questions pm me.

Johan

Johan007
11-03-09, 16:26
Hey there,

I am in Asuncion from 12.11.09. I'm German and it's not the first time I am there. I was there, because I had a beautifull time there with a girl. But I know Asu is boring and want a companion for a little time. I'm 44 years old and speak just a little spanish. Maybe I can have some contact with German-speaking people.

Thanks for the first.Hi Bernie,

I speak German, English, Dutch and Spanish. And I live in Paraguay. In Gran Asuncion.

I bought a house here and setting up a business to earn some money. So if I can be of help PM me.

However I say this. And I said it before. If you do not speak decent spanish you will have a hard time in py before most people here only speak spanish and/or Guarani!

Bis Bald.

Johan

Johan007
11-03-09, 16:36
hi johan,

can you describe the process of buying a house in paraguay? how did it go for you? oo i forget one.

if you build a new house get ready for some serious stress!

with all respect but py contruccion workers are not to be compared with european of us work mentality.

many of them drink booz while on the job. don't are punctual. and some of them even steal things from the construcion place!

besides that their workspeed is way lower then anything i have seen before. even in wintertime they are very slow so it has nothing to do with the high temperatures here during the summermonths (november till march).

however some workers can be serious and do thjeir job good. but they are scares. and usualy are way more expensive. never ever pay them on an hourly basis! just make a price for a complete job. otherwise you will get f%cked over!

i learned this myself the hard way. so i want to warn others for this phenomena! do never ever make usage of an "architekt". because they are expensive and do not add up anything to your house. imho its a pure waiste of $$$$. most py houses are being build without an architekt.

if the boss of the workers tell you the house will be ready in 3 months. be sure it's ready in 6 months! take that in account.

sorry if this sounds a bit discriminating towards py people. but this is (alas) the hard real life. and a fact!

if you can spend the cash buy an allready made house.! most real estate in asuncion however are seen as investment objects and are way to expensive imho.! buying a local newspaper and make sure let the phonescalls be made by a native spanish speaker. most re on the internet (especialy the german brokers) are way to expensive.

johan

Alpha Alemán
11-07-09, 19:04
oo i forget one.

if you build a new house get ready for some serious stress!

with all respect but py contruccion workers are not to be compared with european of us work mentality.

many of them drink booz while on the job. don't are punctual. and some of them even steal things from the construcion place!

besides that their workspeed is way lower then anything i have seen before. even in wintertime they are very slow so it has nothing to do with the high temperatures here during the summermonths (november till march).

however some workers can be serious and do thjeir job good. but they are scares. and usualy are way more expensive. never ever pay them on an hourly basis! just make a price for a complete job. otherwise you will get f%cked over!

i learned this myself the hard way. so i want to warn others for this phenomena! do never ever make usage of an "architekt". because they are expensive and do not add up anything to your house. imho its a pure waiste of $$$$. most py houses are being build without an architekt.

if the boss of the workers tell you the house will be ready in 3 months. be sure it's ready in 6 months! take that in account.

sorry if this sounds a bit discriminating towards py people. but this is (alas) the hard real life. and a fact!

if you can spend the cash buy an allready made house.! most real estate in asuncion however are seen as investment objects and are way to expensive imho.! buying a local newspaper and make sure let the phonescalls be made by a native spanish speaker. most re on the internet (especialy the german brokers) are way to expensive.

johanhmm. maybe thats one reason why i always life in hotels. haha. nah a departamento would do it for a solo dude like me, (i know you have a novia/wife), but i won't even try a departamento since i won't life in py my entire life. (most likely until 2010.)

manuel

Cybertron
11-19-09, 07:21
Hi

Last week I came on business visit to Paraguay. I was staying with a friend(local). He introduced me to a beautiful girl for the night, but her prices were so expensive. Cost me $350, is it worth?

Cybertron

HappyGoLucky
11-22-09, 01:40
Hi

Last week I came on business visit to Paraguay. I was staying with a friend(local). He introduced me to a beautiful girl for the night, but her prices were so expensive. Cost me $350, is it worth?

Cybertron

Well, that depends. An apartment girl would cost $100,000 Guarani (US $20) per hour and would probably accept less for more time. $350 certainly seems steep for Paraguay unless she's a drop dead gorgeous model, (but I have seen some really lovely girls in the apts. too).

Dickhead
11-22-09, 03:11
Hi

Cybertron

With friends like that you have little need for enemies. The minimum wage in Paraguay is about $315 US per month.

Professor 1
11-22-09, 03:21
Well, that depends. An apartment girl would cost $100,000 Guarani (US $20) per hour and would probably accept less for more time. $350 certainly seems steep for Paraguay unless she's a drop dead gorgeous model, (but I have seen some really lovely girls in the apts. too).

Pardon me, but I hope that you do not mean US$350. That is a month's salary in most Latin American countries. Paraguay may be beyond my means. Mis dios.

Dickhead
11-22-09, 04:38
Pardon me, but I hope that you do not mean US$350. That is a month's salary in most Latin American countries. Paraguay may be beyond my means. Mis dios.

The minimum wage in Paraguay, recently increased, is some odd number like 1,517,300 guaranies but it translated to about $315 a few weeks ago when I was there. However, if you review Cybertron's posts, he seems to get ripped off in a few different places.

But getting back to pussy, the pussy is quite good in Paraguay. I believe women there realize from a very young age that they will go just as far as their pussy takes them and not much farther. While this is unfortunate, it leads to a pragmatic approach to life which I do not see so much in other former Spanish colonies, where they tend to live in more of a dream world.

When fucking Paraguayas for $20 US it could be expected that you would get minimal service and a boat load of attitude, such as can be encountered in Santiago, Chile for $50-$80 US. But it appears Paraguayans understand the basic concept of give good service and get repeat business. Not just in the wh@rehouses but in the hotels, restaurants, and etc. the service is better than most places in Latin America. And, the people there give you a fair deal and look you square in the eye. They are not obsequious nor fawning in the process.

The beer there is above average as well but stick to the Pilsen and avoid the Polar.

HappyGoLucky
11-23-09, 06:34
When fucking Paraguayas for $20 US it could be expected that you would get minimal service and a boat load of attitude, such as can be encountered in Santiago, Chile for $50-$80 US. But it appears Paraguayans understand the basic concept of give good service and get repeat business. Not just in the wh@rehouses but in the hotels, restaurants, and etc. the service is better than most places in Latin America. And, the people there give you a fair deal and look you square in the eye. They are not obsequious nor fawning in the process.

DH is right on the money Professor; I don't think Paraguay is beyond your means!

As I said below, I have seen some really lovely girls in the apts. (for $100,000 Guarani). However, if you look for company at the Resort Yacht and Golf club and casino ( http://www.hotelyacht.com.py/english/ ), or want a date with a high end fashion model, you will certainly have to pay substantially more. But you probably knew that, si?

Rock Harders
11-23-09, 07:51
Mongers-
The girls at the Yacht and Golf Hotel were asking for $100-$200 USD the last time I was there, which was in October 2007. Actually, their pimp (who was a fat female) was doing all the negotiating for them. The pimp also runs an escort website with pictures of the girls who are available at the Yacht and Golf. Some of the girls on offer (they hang out in the casino) were pretty hot and might be worth $100 USD for all night but anything more is out of the question especially for Paraguay. The girls at the apartments were all 100k guaranis for an hour on site, normally double that for the same amount of time offsite. For those scoring at home, thats $20 USD for the hour on site and $40 USD for the hour offsite. From my experience, there were some really hot babes in the apartments and the average age could not have been more than 21 years old.

A warning about the Yacht and Golf is that it is a very expensive taxi ride from the center of Asuncion, maybe as much as $30 USD or more if I remember correctly. A good trick is to insist at the casino that the Hotel van give you a ride back to your hotel in the center of Asuncion free of charge. I was able to pull this off, and for a small tip get the driver to stop at several apartments in order to find a girl to bring home for the night to my hotel. I did a few full reports on Asuncion a while, so search those for more information.
Suerte,
Rock Harders

Johan007
11-23-09, 13:18
I might add one more to this "fenomena".

The Yacht Club is indeed VERY expensive. If You pick up hookers there they'll cost ye.

I can not interfer and will not interfere if gents pay way more $$$ for pussy. But indeed paying 350 DOLLARS US seems very high.

The deal here is that NO BUsses go to the Yacht club. So you'll need a TAXI.

If you are stationed in ASU center this can be 300 bucks or more for the ride.

If you don't speak spanish they pull you over and probably charge you 40 bucks or even more!

The monthly wages indeed is arround 1. 5 Million Guaranies. And thats about USD 312,. A MONTH at the actualy dollar-Guarani rate. Just keep that in MIND. Even drop dead gorgeous models who work in a banc. Or in some cell phone Company do NOT get paid much more then this! 1. 8 million at the MOST!

In the Center, along the main connectionroads from ASU to San Lorenzo you can find very pretty and young girls for arround 100. 000 G.!

Of course if you are drunk. Look like sh%t and don't speak Spanish they'll charge way more.

Have a happy hunting time in Paraguay.

Johan

Dickhead
11-25-09, 05:33
However if you are drunk, look like shit, and do speak Spanish you will be okay. At least that was my experience ...

Alpha Alemán
11-26-09, 08:41
Just keep that in MIND. Even drop dead gorgeous models who work in a banc. Or in some cell phone Company do NOT get paid much more then this! 1. 8 million at the MOST!

Have a happy hunting time in Paraguay.

JohanHAHAHA, gosh this all sounds too impressive. Like easy dates and lays all the time? One would think if you earn several 1000 $ just from Supernova status on Pokerstars like myself.

But reality IS different. Can't even lock into conversation and girls don't look me in the eyes. Pick Up Artists call it approach anxiety. (Hey I didn't say I was any good with girls back in germany did I? Iam more a nerd than anyone here, altho I don't look all THAT bad; D)

Money is worth nothing if you don't have proper language and game.

I almost feel here like being extranjero is a handycap, while when I came here I hoped for the opposite.

PS: I still didn't get a Puta and hopefully won't. Its not an ego boost, it causes the opposite if you have values in life.

Bye

Furysys
01-28-10, 05:02
Paraguay sounds really good for a next visit in SA, but it seems the visa requirements are a real pain in the youknowwhere. Does anybody have any experience with this, and is there an easier way than what I read on their website, which seems that you have to provide everything but the kitchen sink?

Lorenzo
01-28-10, 05:59
Paraguay sounds really good for a next visit in SA, but it seems the visa requirements are a real pain in the youknowwhere. Does anybody have any experience with this, and is there an easier way than what I read on their website, which seems that you have to provide everything but the kitchen sink?
It's been 3-1/2 years since I've been in Paraguay, but I doubt that much has changed. Your best bet is to use a visa service. I use Passports Plus, which provides excellent service: http://www.passportsplus.com/. The process is very simple. Just fill out their online form, then send it along with your passport and supporting documentation by Fedex. They have a courier who will take it directly to the embassy which will paste the visa in your passport. The courier will then send it back to you by Fedex. The whole process takes between 1-2 weeks.

Gabtar
01-29-10, 02:26
Hi,

I have an Australian Passport. I also need a visa. I went to the Paraguayan Consulate in Buenos Aires at 8am with 2 passport photos, a copy of my airline ticket from Buenos Aires to Sydney and a photocopy of my credit card. I lodged my application, paid the $65US for a multiple entry visa, and picked up my passport at 3pm that day. With that I went to the Bus Terminal and booked a bus to Asuncion for the next day. It could not have been easier.

I speak Spanish to an intermediate level, which helped a bit.

Furysys
02-02-10, 00:21
Thanks gents. Gabtar, I will check if there is a Paraguay consulate in Toronto, and go from there. If one can get a visa from the BA consulate, logically the same should work elsewhere. But we know logic never exists when dealing with some of these gov't officials.

Aurab
03-19-10, 13:05
I am planning to visit to Asuncion in Sept/Oct. I'll be in BA before that. I plan to stay for five week days.

I checked out the few hotel websites. But can't decide which one to stay. I am looking for around $70/$75 range per night. Of course it has to be girl friendly. Suggestions anybody?

I am also looking to go by bus from BA. Anybody has any experience? Please share.

Aurab64

Volpone
03-19-10, 14:45
Hello Aurab,

I've never been to Asuncion, but I plan to go. So I collect many informations about this city....
I was in BA and I travel a bit by bus in Argentina. Just go to the big bus station in BA and take a bus to Asuncion. Be ready for about 17 hours by bus....However you can still make a stop in between, in Rosario 5 hours from BA or Santa Fe.
By the way why do you want to spend as much as 70 Us for a hotel ? with 30-40 US you will have something good too....Don't forget that you going to stay in the cheapest capitale of the world. Furthermore you could rent a furnised apartment if you plan to stay at least 4 weeks. 500-700 US must be enough.
It seems that in Asuncion, it's better to forget escort...Better just to go to an apartment with girls and you will pay only 15-25 US. For escort you will pay much more. There are some others countries more interesting for escorts than Paraguay.
Read also the last report on Asuncion by a German guy, that's a very interesting one.
By the way do you speak Spanish ? If you don't, everything will be must complicated and you won't really enjoy your trip....So before going there, just learn Spanish...

Volpone
03-19-10, 14:50
Here you have 2 gf. hotels in Asuncion. That's what a member has reported in Asuncion forum.

"Cheap. I stayed at the Palmas del Sol hotel for about $25 per night, negotiated down from $37 because of my length of stay. Chica friendly, clean, with air conditioning and fridge in the rooms, the best breakfast feast in South America and a cheap restaurant at night if you want it. I took a number of different chicas there without fuss and nothing but a smile from everyone.

I have also stayed at La Espanola, cheap, cleanish, average breakfast, with air-conditioning for 80K GS per night. Chica friendly, but because I paid for a single room every time I brought a chica back they charged me an extra 40K, even if it was for an hour. That was a year ago."

Aurab
03-19-10, 18:03
Thanks Volpone for the info. I took few lessons in Spanish. I would say I have a little better than rudimentary Spanish. In fact, I am thinking to take 3/4 private Spanish lesson there. I would inquire about the hotels you mentioned.

Aurab

Gabtar
03-20-10, 17:45
Regarding buses to Asuncion. I have done the trip a few times, using the bus company NSA. I always use the Executivo or highest level, and the trip, although 18 hrs, is overnight and painless. You will stop at Clorinda for the border crossing. There are money exchange people at the border. Their rates are competitive but buy a newspaper in BsAs with the rates and have it with you to show them, so don't be afraid to change 100-200 pesos or more there.

A taxi from the bus depot to the city will cost about 40-50000 GS. There are money exchangers and ATMs at the bus depot.

If you book the Hotel Palmas del Sol through Hostelbookers.comyou will get a better rate than their advertised 154000GS per night.

Aurab
03-20-10, 22:56
Thanks Gabtar. This is the kind of info I was looking for. Your info helped to make a decision. Yes I am going to go by bus. I like bus journey better than a quick plane ride, because sometimes you get a good opportunity to see the country side.

Fdr5610
03-27-10, 00:33
Haven't been to Asuncion in over a year and a half and I wanted to know if there have been any major changes? Agencies, nightclubs?

BTW, staying at the Sheraton. It it chica friendly?

I will be going there in about 2 days.

Pija666
03-27-10, 19:55
I don't know if its chica-friendly but it's a long way from the centro and the majority of the casas.

Alpha Alemán
04-01-10, 03:46
Just get the girls from Diario Popular.

Those are low prized, for 100 Mil the hour. Thats about 15 Euro.

Dont go for the high prized "VIP Services". They maybe charge you for anal extra and so on..

Best is still to learn Spanish and pick up LOCAL GIRLS STRAIGHT FROM THE STREETS.

Thats right, because Paraguayas love White Guys and could offer their pussys quite fast if you own a nice car and take them around, buy her some new shoes or whatever and IF you know how to treat a woman of course.

(HIDDEN SECRET: SOME EVEN CHEAT ON THEIR BOYFRIENDS / HUSBANDS IF YOU DEMONSTRATE BEING QUITE RICH AND IF UR ATTRACTIVE LOL)

Mercado 4 is a great place to pick up girls, because they are among the poorest in the city, the ones that sell clothings or something. Many of them have awesome bodys, really shaped curvy asses...LOL

If you need a wing to try your luck just write me a message. But speaking decent spanish is REALLY important here. I cant repeat it often enough.

Saludos,
Manuel

Courcheval
04-25-10, 17:41
At Lexton:

I agree PY banks are ladrones. When I was there at EVERY bank they charge me 25. 000 G for a withdrawl! Thats about (at that time when I was there in sept/oct 2008) 4, 30 euros! Besides that many banks in Holland or germany charge you 2 euros for a withdrawl in any non-EU bank. So that adds up to 6, 30 euros for each withdrawl! (=8 usd! )

In Germany you have the DKB (Deutsche Kredit Bank) and they offer FREE cash withdrawls all over the world. Offcourse I had to pay the 25. 000 G. With their VISA Card. BUT when I wrote a complaint to them by email they refunded every time ihad to pay the 25. 000 G. ! I don't know if you cvan open an account at DKB. Maybe it's worth while ane mail to them?

http://dkb.d/ As I see it only availeble in German?

Normaly getting cash at an ATM with a VISA card is rather costly. So I don't know if there are banks in the US or Canada that offer FREE worldwide withdrawls? The pain is that the 25. 000 G is being charged by the PY banks. ! So keep that in mind.

Indeed I agree the PY banks are outrageous thieves and their rates are ridiculously high.

If you want to live in PY and want to open a bankaccount they even assk more things from you then the Visa office of Migraciones!

JohanI m travelling around South America with an HSBC DEBIT card, and so far, in Argentina and Paraguay, i have never been charged any fix or % commission, be it local or foreign, and always got a better rate than the "purchase" rate shown that day for Euros.

Smbkrn
05-05-10, 00:40
Hello, All

I am thinking about coming to Asunción for the month of January. I have heard that it is really hot and humid there at that time of year. I am pretty game for hot weather, but I would like to hear from some of you with experience as to whether it is just plain unbearably hot, or can visitors function there OK. Also, I would appreciate hearing from someone that I could PM with some other newbe questions, such as availability of cell phone service and an apartment to rent.

Thanks

Westy
05-07-10, 00:06
To give you the original Spanish: "Paraguai tiene dos estaciones, verano y infierno. "

If you heard this spoken in Spanish, that last word would sound almost like "invierno" (winter). But "infierno" with an "F" means quite something else.

January is in the "infierno" season. Temperatures in the 40s, Celsius, during the day. The evenings cool down enough to be reasonably comfortable, as long as your hotel or apartment has air-conditioning.

I made a few trips to Asuncion during Christmas/New Years, and you definitely have to dress for the weather: loose and light. The "guayabera" type shirts are a really good idea. Bring a broad-brimmed hat, move slowly, sit in the shade and keep hydrated (I like Baviera beer, myself).

Hello, All

I am thinking about coming to Asunción for the month of January. I have heard that it is really hot and humid there at that time of year. I am pretty game for hot weather, but I would like to hear from some of you with experience as to whether it is just plain unbearably hot, or can visitors function there OK. Also, I would appreciate hearing from someone that I could PM with some other newbe questions, such as availability of cell phone service and an apartment to rent.

Thanks

Gabtar
05-07-10, 12:24
I was in Asuncion during both January and February this year. The average temperature was 45 deg see with 80% humidity. This was interspaced by torrential rainfall periods.

I am 56, 187 cm tall, caucasian, about 15kg overweight and I found it debilitating. I would attend Spanish school in the morning then retreat to my hotel room until about 5pm when it cooled off enough to go outside. I hired a car for 3 weeks, both to get around, and because travelling in unairconditioned taxis or colectivos was sickening.

Infierno is a true assessment.

I am going back because I love the place, but between April and November. I was also there during March and you could feel the difference. The days were still in the high 30's but the humidity dropped off a bit and it was bearable, approaching nice.

Paparidis
05-24-10, 23:59
Anybody to give some information about the weather during these two months in Asuncion?

Pija666
05-26-10, 14:40
It can get really cold in those months believe it or not. And it's because of the great humidity it doesn't feel like the dry cold in other countries. From 4-9ºC in the mornings to 18-21ºC at noon it changes really fast. Last year we have some mornings at 0-3ºC!.

Paparidis
05-27-10, 11:26
So pija666, as I think is not a good idea to visit Asuncion during this period because, as I am reading in the forum, there is no heating in the most places in Asuncion.

Is this right?

Bobbybjack
05-28-10, 00:26
So pija666, as I think is not a good idea to visit Asuncion during this period because, as I am reading in the forum, there is no heating in the most places in Asuncion.

Is this right?I have never felt cold in Asuncion. Sure it was 10C the other day, but I felt fine in a shirt. As a matter of fact, every day as I walk the streets, I break a sweat because of the humidity. To me it feels like Houston in the winter (that's not a real winter).

So in conclusion I really don't think there are winters in Paraguay. But maybe the weather is unusually warm right now.

Pija666
05-29-10, 22:45

Is this right?The "cold days" always are just a few in a year. But lately as anybody anywhere the wheather just makes us ask WTF?.

The heating info is wrong. Of course the poorest places don't have nor heating nor air acondition.

Pija666
06-01-10, 18:49
This is just to comment that the casas are rising their prices. One hour is now Gs. 120.000 ($25) on the majority of places, and in some new places is one hour is like Gs. 200.000 to 300.000 ($40-$60!).

For those who seek the cheap fuck. 20min. Is from Gs. 50. 000 to Gs. 80. 000.

The exchange rate right now is about Gs. 4. 800 / $ 1

And all those are the non-gringo prices! Beware!

Bobbybjack
06-08-10, 22:41
I have received tons of help from the forums, so I thought I would write a few things about Paraguay (I just spent a month there).

The weather is excellent during the winter. The lowest temperature I saw was 10C and the highest was 26C. The days are awesome. The people however are used to the inferno summers and thus overdress during the winter. I think anybody from North America would be fine in shorts and a shirt.

The best places for pros that I found were Thai on General Garay (I think its #534 or something). Noemi at "Estados Unidos 525" has a great girl during the days. Her name is Jesica. Petite but very dangerous natural curves (120000 Gurarani for an hour, thats about $25). Also Elite Producc on Cerro Cora 225 is always decent. However, on this trip the most attractive girls I found were at Egilia Ayala 326. It was a surprise to me because they don't announce on asunsex. The best place to find girls is still asunsex.com. Py or hot.com. Py. Just call the number of the agency provided and ask if your girl is available and the address. Warning: If you pick an 8 or 9 you might be waiting a long time at the house. I rather just pay the 300. 000 Guarani and have her go to the hotel. They will charge you $100 if you are foreigner.

You can find semi Pros at Toc Toc Bar, Arena & Cafe, and some at La Cubana and even Faces. One key to understanding Paraguay is that almost 99% of the women are semipros. Meaning that for $300 US or less, you can get models no problem.

Also I wouldn't recommend ever marrying a Paraguayan girl unless you can stash her away to your country. The culture is insane. Every man has 15 girlfriends and every woman has 10 boyfriends. Whether they are married or not, is irrelevant. I spent a month there and my phone would ring nonstop from pros and nonpros that I met there. Whether they had boyfriends or not, was irrelevant. Everybody in the country loves to pound, especially if you have money. Hope this report helped.

Alpha Alemán
06-22-10, 06:42
I dont think so. Dude I life here almost 2 years. Iam STILL single. Personally I have the impression, the women here are pretty loyal. I got rejected all the times so far (well I grabbed one at her ass in the disco but whatever..), except once from a chick from Mercado 4 but I lost her number, lol..So...Iam living in a room next to a couple and they even go to the bathroom together while the guy takes a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140). But I dont really care if some woman is married here. I just try to focus on my language and my "game skills" I do try my best to seduce a woman, but its hard with my bad spanish. If I could just prove that Iam a guy with higher value, then a Paraguaya would choose me though...

Sorry for the bad news, just dont talk like its easy for a White Guy to get a local girl. Only the Putas will seek for Eye contact with you (for obvious reasons..). Most local women here are even kind of scared and turn their backs when they see a white guy on the street. Its annoying, and I still havent found a method to break this ice wall.

Alpha Alemán
06-22-10, 07:01
PS: If I had a girlfriend and she would fuck around, I would beat her up and all the guys she is doing.

After that she will never cheat on me again. Trust me on that.

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-10, 08:19
I got a visa in BA recently and the fee for US citizens is now $100 for a multiple entry one.

Not too difficult to get, but still $100 sucks. Only valid for life of your passport, which in my case was a bit over 5 years. So, if you're expires soon, you may be able to get a single entry one for $65.

Jaimito Cartero
09-24-10, 14:30
I arrived yesterday, and breezed through customs. Luckily I was near the front of my Gol flight. I think only about 30 people actually got off the plane, though.

After getting my checked bag, had to get it x-rayed at aduanas, and then you're done. About 10 minutes from exiting the plane, to entering the public space in the terminal.

They had one money changer outside, who was giving a 4750 rate. Seemed reasonable enough. Went outside and got a 90k taxi ride to downtown.

Jaimito Cartero
10-02-10, 19:16
Plenty of banks and other exchange houses in Asuncion. My hotel offered 4700 to 1, which is not a good rate but not as bad as most hotels I usually see.

Changed $100 at a bank near the Lido. 4850 to 1 usd. Later saw a another cambio that said 4863. It's nice that the dollar is actually getting stronger while I'm here.

Some restaurants will take other currencies. The Bolsi prints receipts with Arg Pesos, Real and USD on it. You take a 3-5% hit, but not horrid.

Aurab
10-03-10, 22:56
Hello JC: It sounds like you are having loads of fun. I am collecting the info you are providing here.

I am going to be in Asuncion from October 18 to 22. I like to bring the ladies for overnight. In fact I like to keep them longer if the service is satisfactory. Do you have any suggestion about the places where I can pickup overnight guest?

BTW I made reservation with Hotel Chaco.

Aurab

Jaimito Cartero
10-04-10, 03:03
Hello JC: It sounds like you are having loads of fun. I am collecting the info you are providing here.

I am going to be in Asuncion from October 18 to 22. I like to bring the ladies for overnight. In fact I like to keep them longer if the service is satisfactory. Do you have any suggestion about the places where I can pickup overnight guest?

I have not had any all night visitors yet. I did stop by at Toc Toc bar Saturday night, but I was told that they don't open until 10pm.

I did go to Brittanica Pub (or whatever its name is), but didn't see any chicas looking for friendship. The food was pretty crappy, but seemed fairly busy. I don't think I'd go back, based on food quality. Also their so called nonsmoking room is open, and has cigar smoke coming in from the bar.

I'm trying to check out new places every week, so will report info as I find it.

Maharadjah
01-30-11, 18:12
I plan to visit Asuncion during the 17th of April. It's the semana santa.

Some local experts can advise me if during this week the activity (casas, girls.) is normal or low?

Dornyone
02-01-11, 19:52
So Jaime, how about an update! .

I have not had any all night visitors yet. I did stop by at Toc Toc bar Saturday night, but I was told that they don't open until 10pm.

I did go to Brittanica Pub (or whatever its name is) , but didn't see any chicas looking for friendship. The food was pretty crappy, but seemed fairly busy. I don't think I'd go back, based on food quality. Also their so called nonsmoking room is open, and has cigar smoke coming in from the bar.

I'm trying to check out new places every week, so will report info as I find it.

Gabtar
09-08-11, 02:13
If you have a Garmin Nuvi GPS and their Mapsource software you can load the only available autorouting map of Paraguay into your GPS. Look on the internet for Proyecto Mapear. It is a free download and covers Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay (even though it does not state it covers Paraguay). Vers 9. 4 is the latest. I used it last year for 2 months with a hire car and it is pretty good.

I also have uploaded a file of Points of Interest in Paraguay. It has all the privados I have been to or I have been able to find the addresses and some of the short term motels. It also has a lot of non-mongering tourist stuff, and stuff of interest to me. It doesn't have that many clubs, casinos or bars. At least it could be useful as a starting point. The Garmin POIloader program will load it straight into the GPS.

I have a little 3" Nuvi 2250 GPS that I carry when I travel which fits discretely in my pocket.

Maharadjah
12-01-11, 22:32
If you are looking for a good hotel near many casa Hotel Preciado can suit for you.

Azara 840 (www.hotelpreciado.com)

It s well located, clean and safe. They have wifi, swimming pool and it s include breakfast.

I walk always more or less 10 min to find a casa, which is close (exept deseos).

Price go to 150KGs for less than 3 days.

110 for more than 6 days.

90000 for more than 10 days.

This option can be a good choice if you don t want to rent an appartment.

MR

Alessandro 140
02-22-12, 16:07
Hello there,

I will be travelling to asuncion shortly, and was wondering weather all massage studios are in the centre of town. Does anyone know if there are also ohters in the areas shopping del sol?

Thanks for your commens.

Ale

MrCampo
04-24-12, 16:11
Thanks a lot for the interesting take on Paraguay and lots of useful information. I hope that more people will share info here.

I have received tons of help from the forums, so I thought I would write a few things about Paraguay (I just spent a month there).

The weather is excellent during the winter. The lowest temperature I saw was 10C and the highest was 26C. The days are awesome. The people however are used to the inferno summers and thus overdress during the winter. I think anybody from North America would be fine in shorts and a shirt.

The best places for pros that I found were Thai on General Garay (I think its #534 or something). Noemi at "Estados Unidos 525" has a great girl during the days. Her name is Jesica. Petite but very dangerous natural curves (120000 Gurarani for an hour, thats about $25). Also Elite Producc on Cerro Cora 225 is always decent. However, on this trip the most attractive girls I found were at Egilia Ayala 326. It was a surprise to me because they don't announce on asunsex. The best place to find girls is still asunsex. Com. Py or hot. Com. Py. Just call the number of the agency provided and ask if your girl is available and the address. Warning: If you pick an 8 or 9 you might be waiting a long time at the house. I rather just pay the 300. 000 Guarani and have her go to the hotel. They will charge you $100 if you are foreigner.

You can find semi Pros at Toc Toc Bar, Arena & Cafe, and some at La Cubana and even Faces. One key to understanding Paraguay is that almost 99% of the women are semipros. Meaning that for $300 US or less, you can get models no problem.

Also I wouldn't recommend ever marrying a Paraguayan girl unless you can stash her away to your country. The culture is insane. Every man has 15 girlfriends and every woman has 10 boyfriends. Whether they are married or not, is irrelevant. I spent a month there and my phone would ring nonstop from pros and nonpros that I met there. Whether they had boyfriends or not, was irrelevant. Everybody in the country loves to pound, especially if you have money. Hope this report helped.

Alpha Alemán
05-08-12, 03:40
Don't buy into all that stuff.

Listen to a guy that lives here since almost 4 years.

Only Putas and very poor girls from the countryside will accept sex for money.

Paraguay isn't as cheap anymore, damn Inflation made living almost as expensive as North America now.

If you want beautiful normal girls you need to speak very good spanish, wear good clothes, have decent pick up skills, and know how to handle her shit tests.

Yea right, they get approached at least 5 times a day by local guys of any social class, rich and poor men, why should they pick the next best overweight or geeky and horny gringo?

U will only succeed if you have lots of experience with women in general.

Be careful with your money.

Saludos,

Manuel

Maharadjah
08-16-12, 21:52
Paraguay isn't as cheap anymore, damn Inflation made living almost as expensive as North America now.Yes I see that. There is a new Agencia:Universitarias which quote 1 hora: Gs 600. 000 para la chica.

Incredible! More than 100€/1 hrs. OK chicas look georgous but come on. Same rate than Europe or Ukraine.

Furysys
08-18-12, 20:58
Yeah, I saw that. They can ask. So many other places, I figure that if anyone puts up a fuss, they'll drop the price fast enough

LuvLatinaGirls
08-19-12, 23:33
They can ask for 600k guarani all they want. I had the best time at PY Escorts for 150k for the hour, went back there three times. Big problem with hot. Com, they don't post addresses, and trying to understand the girls when you phone is not easy! Any updates on the addresses is always appreciated.

Member #4179
03-07-13, 01:23
On this trip, more than three months elapse between my arrival and departure dates. My understanding is that there is a 90-day rule here just as in most countries, but I have had difficulty finding anything definitive on Paraguayan websites.

I am just beginning to investigate the best course of action. One idea would be to go to Posadas AR for a couple days. Does anyone know if I would have to pay the Argentina "reciprocity fee" (over $100 USA) if I walk across the bridge from Encarnacion to Posadas with my USA passport? Actually, I would like to visit both Encarnacion and Posadas, just to see what they are like. But I dislike paying a reciprocity fee.

I think that Brazil also charges a reciprocity fee, but a trip to Iguazu Falls on the Brazilian side would be fun too.

A friend here said that Paraguayan immigration might give me an extension beyond 90 days, so that is another option to look into. If anyone else has information or advice, I would appreciate it.

I will be leaving Paraguay for the States in May, but I am seriously thinking about getting a cedula for future extended trips, which takes months with much documentation, so I understand.

Also by the way, I have a Paraguay visa that is good for the life of my USA passport.

Thanks.

Viajero Guapo
03-15-13, 22:34
Let me start by saying that I'm no expert on this, having never set foot in Paraguay, though that is about to change. I have read that if you wish to stay in Paraguay longer than 90 days it is fairly easy to renew your tourist stamp. Paraguay likes to have foreigners in the country who will spend money. The extension fee is supposedly small. If you want to look into this you should go to Migraciones in Asuncion at Caballero No 201 e / Eligio Ayala.

In theory the reciprocity fee being charged US citizens for entry into Argentina is being charged at all points of access into the country whether by air, boat, car, etc. That went into effect as of January 7th of this year. Intelligence I've gathered indicates that collection is being widely enforced. I know it is at the border entry into Puerto Iguazu. If you do decide to go to Argentina and pay the reciprocity fee, make sure you pay it in advance online. Print out the receipt and bring it with you. That will help avoid delays at the border.

When going into Brazil to see Iguazu Falls, you'll need a VISA. You'll have to go to the Brazilian consulate in Asuncion to make the proper payments and jump through the appropriate hoops. The $160 cost is the same as the Argentine reciprocity fee.

Good luck whatever you decide. If it were me, I'd first ask for an extension since that is the least time-consuming and least costly by far.

VG.

On this trip, more than three months elapse between my arrival and departure dates. My understanding is that there is a 90-day rule here just as in most countries, but I have had difficulty finding anything definitive on Paraguayan websites.

I am just beginning to investigate the best course of action. One idea would be to go to Posadas AR for a couple days. Does anyone know if I would have to pay the Argentina "reciprocity fee" (over $100 USA) if I walk across the bridge from Encarnacion to Posadas with my USA passport? Actually, I would like to visit both Encarnacion and Posadas, just to see what they are like. But I dislike paying a reciprocity fee.

I think that Brazil also charges a reciprocity fee, but a trip to Iguazu Falls on the Brazilian side would be fun too.

A friend here said that Paraguayan immigration might give me an extension beyond 90 days, so that is another option to look into. If anyone else has information or advice, I would appreciate it.

I will be leaving Paraguay for the States in May, but I am seriously thinking about getting a cedula for future extended trips, which takes months with much documentation, so I understand.

Also by the way, I have a Paraguay visa that is good for the life of my USA passport.

Thanks.

Lexton
03-17-13, 01:04
I did an extension of the visa in 2008 as part of the process of getting residency. Give yourself some time, at least a week I think. It was a pain. The procedure was; 1. Go to migraciones. They will tell you that the visa in your passport must be validated. 2, Copy the passport page and at least the visa page (they told me the whole book, but the rest was never requested. YMMV. You must take this to I think Exterior Relations building (they will tell you where). There, if I remember, they did not hold my passport, but merely stamped a validation stamp on a new page and filled it out in about an hour (I am not sure of this was all. I had to get something validated I think in this building for a cost of about G30000 at a window.) 3. After the visa was validated, back to migrationes where they put in a visa extension stamp on another new page (these are big form stamps). The cost of the extension was G200, 000 if I recall.

Actually. There is an idea that Paraguay is tourist friendly. Basically, it isn't but is improving but not very fast. Also, Paraguay has tons of money, and is rapidly getting richer, because of the high prices of commodities now. The problem is that all of the money is in the hands of the politicians, big landowners, and ruthless empresarios. There is a huge class difference here.

I have done the Encarnacion-Posadas run several times, the last in 2007. I always took a bus to Encarnacion and then a taxi over the bridge. It is a few kilometers from the bus terminal to Argentina. There is a local intenational bus from Encarnacion to Posadas, but the taxi is a lot more comfortable. The taxi to Posadas then was agout G45, 000.

Lexton
03-17-13, 01:19
I did an extension of the visa in 2008 as part of the process of getting residency. Give yourself some time, at least a week I think. It was a pain. The procedure was; 1. Go to migraciones. They will tell you that the visa in your passport must be validated. 2, Copy the passport page and at least the visa page (they told me the whole book, but the rest was never requested. YMMV. You must take this to I think Exterior Relations building (they will tell you where). There, if I remember, they did not hold my passport, but merely stamped a validation stamp on a new page and filled it out in about an hour (I am not sure of this was all. I had to get something validated I think in this building for a cost of about G30000 at a window.) 3. After the visa was validated, back to migrationes where they put in a visa extension stamp on another new page (these are big form stamps). The cost of the extension was G200, 000 if I recall.

Actually. There is an idea that Paraguay is tourist friendly. Basically, it isn't but is improving but not very fast. Also, Paraguay has tons of money, and is rapidly getting richer, because of the high prices of commodities now. The problem is that all of the money is in the hands of the politicians, big landowners, and ruthless empresarios. There is a huge class difference here.

I have done the Encarnacion-Posadas run several times, the last in 2007. I always took a bus to Encarnacion and then a taxi over the bridge. It is a few kilometers from the bus terminal to Argentina. There is a local intenational bus from Encarnacion to Posadas, but the taxi is a lot more comfortable. The taxi to Posadas then was agout G45, 000.

Member #4179
03-29-13, 21:52
It turned out that a friend here happened to be going to Posadas, so I took the midnight bus with him to Encarnacion. We took a collectiva across the bridge. I hate lines, and it took about an hour to get through the line at the Argentina border. I had gone to the Argentinian consulate here in Asuncion before the trip, and they had strongly advised me to pay for the $160 reciprocity fee on-line by credit card. After waiting in the long line, the Argentinian customs officer let me through quite quickly after seeing and checking the print-out that I had gotten on-line. Then we took a taxi to downtown Posadas. The trip back into Paraguay the next day went quicker.

I was sorely disappinted by how difficult it was to find a chica in Posadas or in Encarnacion. They were both nice towns, cleaner that downtown Asuncion. You could say that Posadas was provincial chic, and Encarnacion had sidewalks without big holes and garbage. The women on the street and in the cafes and stores were gorgeous, but taxistas in both towns knew of no casas de las chicas except at dirty "motels" in remote and dangerous suburbs. La Mansion of Asuncion advertises an auxiliary site in Encarnacion. Taxistas don't know where it is. One finally found it (or at least we stood outside a house and rang its bell). But only a dog's feet could be seen from under the garage door. They did not answer their phone all day.

I enjoyed the bus trip back to Asuncion during the afternoon. It was good to see the countryside. But the best part was being back in a casa de las chicas by 7 PM. I do love these Paraguayan chicas (most of them anyway).

Thanks for the information about getting an extension on the 90-day stay. It could come in handy in the future.

Lexton
03-31-13, 02:57
I'm glad the trip to Posadas worked out ok. I agree it is hard to find chicas there. I had a good friend there, and spent over a year total. I made a few posts years ago. There are no bars, web sites, apartments, etc. There used to be a bar outside of town on R12, but it is probably closed now, and wasn't very good anyway.

I never found anything interesting in Encarnaciòand either. I am planning to go back one day because it is being totally restructured since they raised the level of the Yacyretà dam and flooded a good part of the town. They are now trying to focus on tourism. The town is still undergoing really major changes.

Sorry I was vague about the visa extension. I remember now the G30000? Deal was to get the Las Angeles consulate stamps on my birth certificate legalized in the same building. I had to leave it a few days and pay at a window in the basement.

Hotrod10
10-15-13, 16:49
I think I finally have a clear understanding of Paraguay's visa procedure. For a US citizen there are two ways to get an entry visa. Upon arrival if you do not have a current visa you are directed to a desk were you must pay $160. 00 us cash only. If you don't have enough cash you are directed to a ATM conveniently located near this desk. Ok so cash only $160. 00. This visa is only good for 90 days. Period. Now if you have the time you can fly to a city with an embassy or consulate and it will still cost you 160 us but buying the visa in person before your trip it will not expire until you renew your passport. I was in Paraguay 6 weeks ago and I have complained to every paraguay consulate I could reach and was told this is the law period. Paraguay does not want our business. Not much to do there anyway.

Tatu Hei
11-28-13, 23:57
Every time I return to Paraguay, I see more independents and universitarias advertising on hot.com.py and other sites. They are asking 400.000 or 600.000 or 800.000, so their prices are way out of line with the fees charged in even the expensive casas. Does anyone know if these expensive chicas are putting competitive pressure on the casas? Are the most attractive chicas drawn to the high-end market (it does seem they are taller in the ads)? My guess would be that they don't get a lot of business at those rates, but if they hit on just a few appointments a week, they would be making as much as some chicas working in casas all week long 10 hours a day. I worry this is a trend that could dominate the future. Paraguay has always been a place where you can get the best for a surprising low cost. I'm not saying I'm an expert on this. Actually I would like to hear from an expert.

I'll close with my personal observation over many years of mongering that there is little correlation between cost and real value.

Tammak
06-22-14, 12:58
What I did was call the place and inform I am on the way.

Find a taxi, call again and ask the driver to sort out the address.

One driver even escorted me to the correct door.

They can ask for 600k guarani all they want. I had the best time at PY Escorts for 150k for the hour, went back there three times. Big problem with hot. Com, they don't post addresses, and trying to understand the girls when you phone is not easy! Any updates on the addresses is always appreciated.

Hollywood124
06-25-14, 07:43
I scrimped and saved for three adventures this year, first Lima, Peru, which I just got back from and had a great time.

Next, Asuncion, Paraguay and finally, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I met so many very nice Paraguayan ladies from my visits to Buenos Aires, Argentina that I decided to try to meet Paraguayans at their home base!

I RTFF and I think I will try Parada 838, Deseos, PY Escorts and I will ask around for the latest casas and the latest going-ons, and of course Nonpros. I speak Spanish and I think I will be OK. Any comments or observations would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know at the ASU airport where do I find the Official airport taxis? Where do I find the taxi stand? Is it a fixed price or is it by taximeter? Would it be OK to walk outside of the airport and take a taxi?

And about how much would it cost from the ASU airport to about the Shopping del Sol Mall area? It's about 8. 5 kms or about 10 minutes from the airport. (I know it's away from the action but I had to stay in the area).

And as a backup I read that the bus terminal is across the street from the airport, is that right? Does anyone know the bus number to Shopping del Sol Mall?

Also, in the ASU airport are there ATM machines? I need to get some Paraguayan money to start.

I read that Paraguay charges a lot to withdrawal from the ATMs. I have a Schwab Debit card, will all my ATM charges be refunded? Or should I change USD at a Cambio Casa?

I tried to get taxi info from my hotel but it seems they are so incompetent they can't even tell me taxi info to their hotel.

Oh, thanks to others I got my Paraguayan Visa at their Embassy in LA (Los Angeles, CA) and paid $160.00 USD. It is good for the life of my passport. I plan to return to Asuncion several times so I spent the extra effort.

May be a strange question, but can you drink the water in Asuncion? Is the tap water treated? Should I buy bottled water?

Should I avoid ice?

This is my first time in ASU, I'm a little nervous, I'll report my finding when I return, thanks in advance!

Lexton
07-01-14, 19:16
I'd like to upgrade the situation with the ATM machines. Back in 2009 I posted about a new fee of $5-6 that was introduced for foreign cards. From AP I gather that in Argentina a new fee of some $ar13 was introduced about the same time.

Nobody uses ATM's in Arg anymore because of the exchange rate, so I don't know what happened there. Here, Dickhead says he didn't notice anything unusual, and was only hit for the 1% international fee from E-trade, which paid any other fees.

I would like to confirm the situation now. I stopped using ATM's when the fee was introduced, and only use my Paraguay bank account. But for getting some dollars one day, say to travel to Buenos Aires, I might want to pull $ from an ATM.

If someone uses an ATM, can you report the situation. When the fee was introduced, at one point in the process a screen was displayed that said (more or less): "To this transaction a fee of (Gs25000-when pulling Guarani or $5-when pulling dollars) will be added. Do you wish to continue? From what I could learn, this fee was implemented thru the network and may have been a tax or government "usage fee" and thus not necessarily an ATM fee that would be reimbursed by Schwab or E-trade.

At the same time, the maximum withdrawal was dropped from at least $500 (I always pulled $400 equivalent) to $200 or Gs1,000,000. They said this was for security reasons, BUT YOU COULD PULL THIS AMOUNT 3 TIMES / DAY! Some security! It was obviously to maximize ATM fees.

It has been years, and It is possible that they had to back off of this fee and possibly the low limit also. If ATM usage cratered, VISA and the network wouldn't be happy. Also, they are trying to attract foreign businesses (I. E. New World Trade Center). So if someone has experience or gets experience and can relate it to this information, can you please report?

Hollywood124
07-03-14, 08:42
Hi Lexton,

I called Charles Schwab and they told me that "All ATM Fees will be refunded" at the end of the month on my statement. That includes all fees and taxes. That to be sure and save my ATM receipts and file a complaint if any fees are not refunded.

Thanks again for your posts!

I'd like to upgrade the situation with the ATM machines. Back in 2009 I posted about a new fee of $5-6 that was introduced for foreign cards. From AP I gather that in Argentina a new fee of some $ar13 was introduced about the same time.

Nobody uses ATM's in Arg anymore because of the exchange rate, so I don't know what happened there. Here, Dickhead says he didn't notice anything unusual, and was only hit for the 1% international fee from E-trade, which paid any other fees.

I would like to confirm the situation now. I stopped using ATM's when the fee was introduced, and only use my Paraguay bank account. But for getting some dollars one day, say to travel to Buenos Aires, I might want to pull $ from an ATM...

Hollywood124
07-06-14, 07:20
Hello,

I'll be in Asuncion, Paraguay next week.

Can anyone tell me the Voltage and type of electrical plug that Asuncion uses?

Would it be 120 V or 220 V and 2 straight pin plugs, round plugs or other?

Any other info would be helpful.

Thank you kindly.

Hollywood

Hollywood124
07-14-14, 01:27
Hi all,

I'm here in ASU and to answer my own question the voltage is 220 V.

The plug style is 2 round posts but my hotel has outlets for all types of plugs just so your appliance can take up to 220 V.

If your appliance is 110-120 V you will need a converter to 220 V.

Good luck to all!

Hello,

I'll be in Asuncion, Paraguay next week.

Can anyone tell me the Voltage and type of electrical plug that Asuncion uses?

Would it be 120 V or 220 V and 2 straight pin plugs, round plugs or other?

Any other info would be helpful.

Thank you kindly.

Hollywood

LifeIsABeach
07-14-14, 03:05
Hollywood noticed quite a few 'whities' in Paraguay and I had read earlier about some Europeans who settled here and also were given land too.

Here is a summary of the cultures of Paraguay.

The name "Paraguay" derives from the river that divides the eastern half of the nation from the western Chaco region. The vast majority of the population (95 percent) shares a Paraguayan identity, but several other cultural identities exist. The indigenous population is composed of seventeen ethnic groups from five linguistic families. Most immigrants have blended into the national population, but several groups have maintained distinct identities and cultures. Those groups include Mennonites (100% white Europeans), who settled in the western (Chaco) and the northern regions early in the early twentieth century; Japanese, who settled in agricultural colonies primarily during the 1950's and 1960's; and more recent Korean, Lebanese, Indians from India and ethnic Chinese immigrants, who have settled in the urban centers of Asuncióand and Ciudad del Este since the 1970's. In the 1960's and 1970's, large numbers of Brazilian immigrant farmers moved to the eastern frontier region and became the backbone of the soybean export sector. By the 1990's, a second generation of Brazilians had been born and raised in Paraguay, and a few intermarried with the local population. These brasiguayos form a distinct subgroup.

Wealth and income distribution are extremely unequal. A small elite owns most of the land and the commercial wealth and reaped most of the benefits of economic growth in recent decades. Recent surveys indicate that 20 percent of the population of the greater Asuncióand metropolitan area and 60 percent of the population in rural areas live in poverty. Indigenous peoples are the most impoverished. Mennonite and Japanese immigrants have established thriving agricultural colonies, while the more recent Korean, Chinese, and Arab immigrant groups are concentrated in urban commercial activities and reexportation. Brazilian immigrants are disproportionately concentrated in midsize commercial farming enterprises but also include extremely impoverished small farmers and laborers as well as wealthy landowners and middle-class entrepreneurs.

LifeIsABeach
07-19-14, 21:00
Hello, I have looked and looked and did not see anywhere this has been discussed. I am visiting ASU and CDE shortly and would like to know what would be the best way and places to change money to Guranies or is USD dollar used in some places? Are there money changers around the cities or have to use ATMs or Banks? Shall I bring cash USD to exchange? Thanks.

Alpha Alemán
07-22-14, 07:41

I would like to confirm the situation now. I stopped using ATM's when the fee was introduced, and only use my Paraguay bank account. But for getting some dollars one day, say to travel to Buenos Aires, I might want to pull $ from an ATM.

If someone uses an ATM, can you report the situation. When the fee was introduced, at one point in the process a screen was displayed that said (more or less): "To this transaction a fee of (Gs25000-when pulling Guarani or $5-when pulling dollars) will be added. Do you wish to continue? From what I could learn, this fee was implemented thru the network and may have been a tax or government "usage fee" and thus not necessarily an ATM fee that would be reimbursed by Schwab or E-trade.

At the same time, the maximum withdrawal was dropped from at least $500 (I always pulled $400 equivalent) to $200 or Gs1,000,000. They said this was for security reasons, BUT YOU COULD PULL THIS AMOUNT 3 TIMES / DAY! Some security! It was obviously to maximize ATM fees.

It has been years, and It is possible that they had to back off of this fee and possibly the low limit also. If ATM usage cratered, VISA and the network wouldn't be happy. Also, they are trying to attract foreign businesses (I. E. New World Trade Center). So if someone has experience or gets experience and can relate it to this information, can you please report?Well they still have the 25.000 per withdrawal fee, but the withdrawal limit has been raised to 1,500,000 GS since years. Still annoying though.

Hollywood124
07-23-14, 19:56
Hi Life,

On my recent first-time trip to ASU I used the Charles Schwab ATM savings bank card.

With Schwab all fees and taxes are refundable at the end of the month.

Save all receipts just so you have proof if there are any irregularities.

Casa de Cambio are all over the place. But for the best rate is the ATM on a USA bank.

I think Fidelity and T. Rowe Price and the other investment houses have the same deal, but check and get it in writing to make sure they refund all fees. (all lie to get your business).

Yes, bring some USD just in case you have an emergency. Make sure you have a safe in your room or use your hotel's safe deposit box. Things get stole even in the best of hotels.

Good luck!

Hello, I have looked and looked and did not see anywhere this has been discussed. I am visiting ASU and CDE shortly and would like to know what would be the best way and places to change money to Guranies or is USD dollar used in some places? Are there money changers around the cities or have to use ATMs or Banks? Shall I bring cash USD to exchange? Thanks.

LifeIsABeach
07-24-14, 04:10
Hi Life,

On my recent first-time trip to ASU I used the Charles Schwab ATM savings bank card.

With Schwab all fees and taxes are refundable at the end of the month.

Save all receipts just so you have proof if there are any irregularities.

Casa de Cambio are all over the place. But for the best rate is the ATM on a USA bank.

I think Fidelity and T. Rowe Price and the other investment houses have the same deal, but check and get it in writing to make sure they refund all fees. (all lie to get your business).

Yes, bring some USD just in case you have an emergency. Make sure you have a safe in your room or use your hotel's safe deposit box. Things get stole even in the best of hotels.

Good luck!Thank you, Hollywood. I also heard that there are quite a few money changers in centro during the day. Did you initially change some money at the airport?

Lexton
07-25-14, 22:20
I didn't realize this was never explained here. I guess I can do it now.

Exchanging money in Paraguay is very easy and honest in the exchange houses. Paraguay is a small country with very busy borders with Argentina and Brazil, and has a lot of import / export business with other countries also. So money changing is a very common event.

There are exchange houses all over, downtown and around the big malls. Almost all of them have a digital sign in front showing their exchange rates for the Guarani (Paraguay currency) for buying and selling Dollars, Argentina Pesos, Brazil Real, and Euros. Many banks have signs still, but may or may not change money. Many don't anymore, except for clients of the bank.

The best rates are in Asuncióand Centro in various houses. Most are open daytime until about 1800. Some may be open later but with a lower rate. The spread on the $ is the best at about 1% in the best houses, up to 2% in others. The spread on the Euro is terrible, typically about 7-10%. I suppose it would be cheaper to buy $ with Euros in Europe to use to buy Guarani in Paraguay.

There are also money changers on the street, especially in El Centro. Don't use them unless you are desperate. They know every way there is to cheat you. If you use them, keep it simple in small amounts. Be wary of the number of bills, and any change to receive. Calculate and write the change amount and the amount you should receive if you can. If there is more than one person to deal with, walk away. They will work together to confuse you. You are dealing in 10's and hundreds of thousands of Guarani, and it is easy to be confused.

The exchange rate can vary for no apparent reason. The Central Bank now has a lot of reserves and can manipulate the crap out of the Guarani because it is a small market. I have spotted a few patterns, where they have come out selling or buying to screw some group or other. It usually isn't enough to worry about for the tourist. You can't arbitrage it.

Dollars might be accepted in some places at some rate, but it isn't a good idea. All small business is done in Guarani. Computers and some electronics are at times priced in dollars in some stores, especially in El Centro, Ciudad del Este, and some other border towns. Cars are often priced and sold in dollars. The businesses do a huge $ trade for import and export. Real estate is at times priced in dollars because the numbers are so big.

You pretty much need to change some money as soon as possible to pay for taxi's and food kinds of things. The hotel will depend on the deal you have, but it can be priced either way if it is a tourist type. The best price will probably be in Guarani, but YMMV.

I have posted earlier about the problem with the ATM ripoff, so you have to decide if and how you will deal with that.

LifeIsABeach
07-26-14, 00:34
Thank you Lexton for detailed report. I'll change some at the airport and the rest downtown as I go along. The hotel is supposed to pick me up and included in service. In case the hotel forgets, I'll take a Taxi.

Lexton
07-26-14, 01:35
I made a mistake in the comment about exchanging money. That spread usually only matters to you if you change too much and want to change some back. Don't do that with Euros. On the Euro spread, it is generally the Paraguayans getting screwed, not the tourist.

Excuse the senior moment. I'm thinking about too many things.

Hollywood124
08-05-14, 09:25
Hi Life,

I am very sorry, I did not see your post and question.

Yes, I changed about $100.00 USD (one hundred) at the ASU airport using the ITAU ATM on the left side as you exit the main door. I think there were 3 ATMs there.

I got the best rates with my ATM card and Schwab refunds all fees at the end of the month. Be very careful with money changers! I think it is better to use an ATM, less problems of getting ripped-off and best exchange rate.

Keep all cash and valuables in a safe in your room or in the hotel safe at the main desk! Carry only what you need for the day!

Please see if there are any members in town so you can have a Wing man. Also, with a Wing man you can have security / protection and fellowship. I never had any trouble alone but I was told by everyone to be very careful! Even the police in front of the President's Palace told me to be careful.

Good luck!

Thank you, Hollywood. I also heard that there are quite a few money changers in centro during the day. Did you initially change some money at the airport?

Dickhead
08-05-14, 15:17
Schwab refunds all fees at the end of the monthE-Trade refunds the ATM fee instantaneously.

Hollywood124
08-07-14, 08:16
Oh, thanks Dickhead!

E-Trade refund fees automatically at ATM!

Wow, great info!

I'll open an E-Trade account ASAP!

Take care and good luck!

E-Trade refunds the ATM fee instantaneously.

LifeIsABeach
03-23-15, 02:29
March 22 2015:

For the first time in a decade, the top 10 happiest countries in the world are all in Latin America, according to the 2014 Gallup Positive Experience Index.

Paraguay placed first out of 143 countries, with its people reporting the most positive emotions on a daily basis, according to the survey. Gallup researchers released the results for the United Nations' third annual International Day of Happiness today (March 20).

To gauge happiness levels around the world, researchers interviewed about 1,000 people in each country, either in person or over the phone. All of the participants were age 15 or older, and answered questions about how happy they felt the day before.

More than 70 percent of the respondents worldwide said they experienced enjoyment; smiled or laughed; felt well rested; and thought they were treated with respect, the poll found. What's more, half of the participants said they had learned or did something interesting the day before the interview, according to the poll.

Gallup researchers compiled a "positive experience index score" for each country based on the responses to these five questions. Overall, the world has an average index score of 71 out of 100, but all of the Latin American countries that ranked in the top 10 scored higher than that.

Here are the 10 happiest countries, listed with their positive experience index scores:

1. Paraguay, 89.

2. Colombia, 84.

3. Ecuador, 84.

4. Guatemala, 84.

5. Honduras, 82.

6. Panama, 82.

7. Venezuela, 82.

8. Costa Rica, 81.

9. El Salvador, 81.

10. Nicaragua, 81.

The United States received a score of 79, making it the 15th happiest country in the world, tied with 11 other countries, including Argentina and Canada.

People reported feeling happy even in war-torn countries, "perhaps testimony of the resiliency of the human spirit," Gallup officials said in a statement.

Reynaldo 2008
10-27-16, 22:03
Hello,

I'm in need of actual Information concerning -.

Does the Atlantic Hotel near the Plaza Uruguayo still exist? If so, what is the mensual price for the moment for a single room?

Somebody knows the email address of the Hotel (Victor M is the leader)?

Somebody could recommend me an economic deposit in the Center of Asu for sea- freight?

Cry for help!

Thank you in advance for any useful Information.

Reynaldo 2008.

Swpc10
11-09-16, 12:37
May be going to Asuncion soon and was going some research.

I have a couple of questions, to avoid misunderstanding.

Complete and Full services? Normally the terms are the same, but I see them both used in ads and want to make sure.

Also, saw references to what translates as Russian Straw. WTF? .

Thanks,

AmoMedellin
02-07-22, 16:37
Hello!

I'm going to Paraguay.

The country's rules for permanent residency, pay $5000 and in five years you get permanent residency. After being granted permission to initiate this process, the tax are 10% on incomes or profit for your company.

And you need a direction officially and go there every year to administer the process, but you can in practice live outside Paraguay eleven moth a year.

I look for high quality escorts. Are there sites? Skokka Paraguay seems very blaha compared to the Colombian version which has many beauties. Like always Colombia excel in female beauty!

But there must be beautiful escorts in Paraguay. They have foreigners for business in Ciudad del este, Asuncion and in Villarica there lives moneymen! There should be good demand for such services!

MiniAgency10
06-03-23, 04:08
Many girls from Parguay looks like Pocahontas, while many "porteno" girls just look. Boring. Men have commented about this several times, independently of each other, while being in other countries like Brazil or Colombia or Peru!

In Argentina it is the north that is the Paradise, it's like Brazil, but no tourists and much much cheaper. Once at a cafe; sitting and reading the newspaper, I saw an ad, $uS100 a month for a house. And the guys at the next table explained to me; For $US250 you get a nice house with a pool!

In Formosa, San Juan, Salta. People are relaxed and the cost of living is maybe 30-50% of that in BS. As. And people invite you home just because you are exotic to them!

It's probably the same in Paraguay, just like in southern Italy; you enjoy life, but in the long run. STAGNATION.

But if we compare with Cartagena or Barranquilla, Bucaramanga, even if the tempo is slower, ther are still progresse, events, universities.

Paraguay seems to be a soio-economic desert.

I like the contarst between Buenos Aires or Rio compared with this slow-pace regions, but zero reports. Like noody goes there at all! (.

ILoveColombia
08-30-23, 20:07
This project seems to be enormous. Brazil has 220 million inhabitants, Paraguay 7. 5. So if Brazil is going to use Paraguay waterways, railroads, the investments and profits should be enouromous long-term.

https://en.mercopress.com/2023/08/16/bi-oceanic-project-linking-brazil-with-the-pacific-and-crossing-paraguay-is-rapidly-advancing

Girls.

https://py.hushescort.com/

https://escortsdeseo.com/paraguay

https://py.atlasescorts.com/

https://py.loquovip.com/

https://asunhot.com/

https://escortsparaguay.com/

https://zonaroja.com.py/

https://py.skokka.com/escorts/

https://hot.com/py/escorts

https://py.oklute.com/escorts/

I will update and improve this list.