PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Chuday
01-21-10, 18:26
thanks david & professor for ur replies.

apologies if my original post was not clear.

i am curious to find more about the quality (bandwidth) of the high speed internet connection in some of these rental apartments. i understand that magic jack and skype (or some other voip app) will work. the call will be a choppy one if there is not enough bandwidth.

professor: thanks for your input. it does answer part of my question.

i suppose, the best way to find out will be to get my butt down there.

John Gault
01-21-10, 18:54
In the past I have had no problems connecting to the internet with my old laptop. This last trip I bought a new laptop and could not connect. Even at a internet cafe with a plug in it would not work. Also my Wingman had the same problem. The LP is good since on the way home We stoped at the DR and had no problems. Any one else had this problem? Anyway to remendy this as I will most likely be in Lima for around 30 days starting in late Feb.

Lima Busy
01-21-10, 19:30

i am curious to find more about the quality (bandwidth) of the high speed internet connection in some of these rental apartments. i understand that magic jack and skype (or some other voip app) will work. the call will be a choppy one if there is not enough bandwidth.

depends on the type of service cable or telephone. cable only has one speed and it is usually sufficient. telephone lines can vary from slow to very fast depending how much the owner wants to spend.

Professor 1
01-22-10, 02:12

agreed. the investment is minimal, even if you only use it once you will save money on what you would have spent on international cell calls. it is a tax deduction for me, as it is a business expense.

Kngdf
01-22-10, 06:49
claro 3g can be used anywhere for 12 sol/day (about $4.50). cheaper weekly & monthly. no contract needed. you need to buy a modem for about 200 sol (about $70). fast enough for good skype. otherwise, there are internet cafes "cabinas" everywhere very cheap. beware of entering things like bank passwords in internet cafe pcs. they often have keylogging software that records everything, to rip you off. scamming is in their blood.

John Gault
01-24-10, 14:18
I have a question most likely answered by someone living in Peru.
In the USA I keep hearing how the dollar is so strong lately against the Euro,but as I am looking long and hard at maybe a 30 day stay in Lima I find the dollar very weak against the Sol. So I guess my question is pretty basic. What is going on to make the Sol so strong?
Meanwhile it is very cold here in the Northeast and I hope you guys are enjoying yourselfs in one of my favorite places in all the world.
Thanks in advance for any response.
Vic

Member #4351
01-24-10, 14:46
1. Peruvian economy recuperating well.
2. Prices up for metals which Peru exports.
3. Foreign investment entering in dollars.
4. The dollar sucking all over the world.

Lima Busy
01-25-10, 19:07
4. The dollar sucking all over the world.
David, pretty much sums it up! I will add that after not being able to defend the 3 to 1 level, the central bank has spent a lot of money to help exporters and has defended the 2.85 level for awhile now.

In an effort to cut back on "outside" speculation in the forward markets, Peru has implemented a "capital gains tax" of 30%. Don't ask me how it works though.

Member #4359
01-25-10, 22:43
As I wrap up my trip to Lima, I want to just leave a public "thank you" to David33, who simply delivers exactly what he says he will exactly the way he says it. His contact was the only one I needed to have an excellent time, and other than some trips to Relax y Vida, he is the only one I bothered to contact.

Thanks,

David!

Kalel21
02-15-10, 18:39

4. The dollar sucking all over the world.The dollar better buck up.

Doc Bill
02-18-10, 01:28
For any other of you left-coasters out there, LAN is now offering nonstop service from San Francisco to Lima.

Ac Bill
02-24-10, 06:41
I am hoping to get away this November to study spanish for a month. Peru has become my first choice through research on the web as well as websites like this.

I am hoping that someone can recommend any schools that teach an intensive program. One that will issue some sort of certificate of completion is necessary to claim it as a legitimate business expense.

One school that was recommended ICPNA only offers programs that are too long. I need to be back in 5 weeks time.

Thanks in advance

Ac Bill

Lima Busy
02-24-10, 17:49
I am hoping to get away this November to study spanish for a month. Peru has become my first choice through research on the web as well as websites like this.

I am hoping that someone can recommend any schools that teach an intensive program. One that will issue some sort of certificate of completion is necessary to claim it as a legitimate business expense.

One school that was recommended ICPNA only offers programs that are too long. I need to be back in 5 weeks time.

Thanks in advance

Ac Bill
Look into El Sol, though I doubt you can get a certificate in 5 weeks. You should probably enroll in there on-line course now and finish up in person.

Doc Bill
02-28-10, 19:32
I went to El Sol for a couple of weeks and they are great. As an added bonus their teachers are really hot!

John Gault
03-02-10, 17:52
Newbe check list
After learning many things the hard way I thought I would share some info on helpful travel hints.
1. Before you depart call all banks and credit companys about your plans. Get the international phone numbers for any problems once you are in place. Have at least 2 different ATM cards.
Bring some cash also. Your call depending on how long your trip will be.
2. Keep a list of friends and family phone numbers you may need to call if problems arise.
3. Make a couple of copies of your passport photo page. Do not carry your passport unless you must as a copy will do most anywhere except the airport.
4. Pack so you can only use carry on bags. This will save you time at the airport and also no worry about bags. I have had my bags lost twice and it took each time 2 days to get them back with an extra trip to the airport to retrieve them.
5. At the airport keep most of your cash hidden on your person as this is a most dangerous time for you as crooks know you did not come to their country without money in your pocket.
6. For longer stays get an apartment, for short stays always get a girl friendly hotel close to the action.
7. Never fool around with girls who work at your hotel. I can not stress this enough.
8. Check ISG often on your laptop. Yes a laptop is a great tool for info and down time.
9. Try and hook up with other more experienced Mongers if possible. At the least you will save money on cabs, and no doubt learn a lot from a experienced hand.Also take cabs to bad areas that you visit.
10. At places you want to return get the card. It is way better to show a cab driver a card than use your most likely limited Spanish.
11. Try and learn at least some basic Spanish like numbers and greetings and such.Better yet take a course before you leave home
12. If you are with a person who is from the country you are at and it comes time to get a price on goods or services it would be wise to lay back so the other party does not give a Gringo price
13. .Be a good fellow to the girls you meet. Treat them like a lady and you will be rewarded with most likely good service.
14. Don’t over pay or over tip the working girls. Do not spoil things for other Mongers.
15. Try as best as you can to blend in to the local scene. Don’t wear shorts to night clubs
16. If you get drunk in a bar you are now a possible target for bad guys. Yes they are out there and are watching for easy prey.
17. This one should have been closer to the top. If you are in for a long stay and are tired the first night then go to bed . Yeah I know you want action, but for me I always wish I would have taken it easy the first night. For you way younger guys you can disregard this warning.
18. Very important. Have fun, this is your time. Make the best of it. If you make a mistake don’t sweat it just move on.

Doc Bill
03-15-10, 18:13
Vic, how are you? This guide is great, and I wish I had it when I first came down! My only differences would be:
1) Stores will generally NOT accept a foto of a passport. I've shopped at Ripley and other stores and if I want to use a credit card I need the real deal.
2) I can't imagine fitting everything I need for a two week trip into just carry-on bags.

Thanks for all those great tips, my friend!

Srslice
03-16-10, 21:40
What I have done in the past is get a couple of certified copies done. Visit a notario. This will ensure your copy is certified by a public authority and I have got them to accept this at Ripley and Saga (at least in Miraflores). It costs about s/20 to get this done, but worth it.

Vic, how are you? This guide is great, and I wish I had it when I first came down! My only differences would be:

1) Stores will generally NOT accept a foto of a passport. I've shopped at Ripley and other stores and if I want to use a credit card I need the real deal.

2) I can't imagine fitting everything I need for a two week trip into just carry-on bags.

Thanks for all those great tips, my friend!

Xpartan
04-07-10, 18:41
Anyone know where I can get Yellow Fever immunization in Lima? I just learned I'll need it since I'm going to Costa Rica after Peru.

FoxesHunter
04-08-10, 16:09
Anyone know where I can get Yellow Fever immunization in Lima? I just learned I'll need it since I'm going to Costa Rica after Peru.

If you will stay in Lima only ... ''No, not at all!'' If you will reach small villages in the rainforest it would be better to do it.

Xpartan
04-08-10, 18:29
If you will stay in Lima only ... ''No, not at all!'' If you will reach small villages in the rainforest it would be better to do it.

I'm actually going to Machu Picchu, but I'm not doing it for Peru. It's a Costa Rica entry requirement for passengers traveling from Peru.

Kalifornan
04-11-10, 04:02
Not many people realize it but the Yellow Fever immunization is at least theoretically required by quite a few countries after you visit Peru. That said, I was never asked to prove I had the shot (but I always carry with me the Certificate of Vaccination - just in case).

I'm actually going to Machu Picchu, but I'm not doing it for Peru. It's a Costa Rica entry requirement for passengers traveling from Peru.

Kabooby
04-17-10, 22:27
Anyone know where I can get Yellow Fever immunization in Lima? I just learned I'll need it since I'm going to Costa Rica after Peru.Try SuizaLab, they got an International Vaccination Center
www.suizalab.com/en/servicios_vacunatorio.htm

Polvo
04-19-10, 20:46
There is a clinic in the airport. If you are facing the check-in desks it is way over to the right and past the escalators to departures. Just near the toilets on the ground floor.

Note that their is an "activation" time for Yellow fever. I think it is 10 days prior to travel. So either get it done in time or negotiate a backdated certificate with US $.

Polvo

Bowline
04-25-10, 02:48
There is a clinic in the airport. If you are facing the check-in desks it is way over to the right and past the escalators to departures. Just near the toilets on the ground floor.

Note that their is an "activation" time for Yellow fever. I think it is 10 days prior to travel. So either get it done in time or negotiate a backdated certificate with US $.

PolvoAt Puerto Maldonaldo there where 2 lines as you enter the arrivals. One for with and one for without Yellow Fever shots. I believe it is the same in Lima. Ask some one when you arrive. Keep the WHO Certificate you will have proof.

I have been to over 30 countries since Peru nd have never been asked about Yellow Fever shots.

Bandy
04-27-10, 14:34
Brazil official urges more sex for better health

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100426/ap_on_he_me/lt_brazil_more_sex;_ylt=AmWZee8cqavcyggDo4yVXMys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNtNTFhZ3FlBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNDI2L2x0X2JyYXppbF9tb3JlX3NleARjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzgEcG9zAzUEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNicmF6aWxvZmZpY2k

Bandy

Xpartan
04-30-10, 02:48
At Puerto Maldonaldo there where 2 lines as you enter the arrivals. One for with and one for without Yellow Fever shots. I believe it is the same in Lima. Ask some one when you arrive. Keep the WHO Certificate you will have proof.

I have been to over 30 countries since Peru nd have never been asked about Yellow Fever shots.

Since I was heading to Costa Rica after Peru, I did the Yellow Fever shot on arrival at the airport in Lima. It was quick, cheap and painless. I think the shot and international certificate cost me less than $25, compared to $150+ in the States. I was also asked twice to present the certificate: first at the TACA counter before the flight, and the second time by the immigration in San Jose, so guys: don't risk it. It ain't worth a ruined vacation. 10 days period is correct.

Stymie
05-03-10, 22:39
i just got back from peru and wanted to give a summary of my trip and provide some insight to anyone that may be going soon.

before i talk about anything i want to give david_33 his due. the guy is a magician. the girls he put us in contact with were definitely the best gfe experiences we have ever had and that include most of central america, south america and europe. the girls were all attractive and very sweet. we can not thank david_33 enough and hope to get back down very soon.

overall lima was very nice. as far as chicas go the only other place we visited was tequila rock. while there were actually some very attractive girls in here, the atmosphere in this night club is more depressing than others like it in buenos aires, costa rica and rio, but the some very attractive girls can be found in here. the girls we brought home were nice looking but were definitely hardened from working the clubs. they were pretty hardcore in the bed as well though, no complaints there, so if you can deal with the shakedown and prefer the nightclub pickup you will probably enjoy this place. we, however never went back after arranging something through david_33. we stayed in miraflores in an apartment. miraflores in general felt very safe with police on nearly every corner. the town did turn into a ghost town on monday-wednesday by 1 am and all bars were closed by 1:30 on those days. barranco had a lot more night life and tended to be more vibrant but maybe not as safe.

we were able to get sim cards for our unlocked phones at the claro on the corner of 28 de julio and av larco. when you go in you get a number by pushing prepay/non claro customer button on the touchscreen menu after you enter the door. you then wait til your number comes up on the tv screen at the back of the strore showing you what number rep to c. she then has you go pay for your sim at the cashier and come back. the sim was like 15 soles. you then have to remember to go back to the cashier and add dollars to your card so that you can make calls. calls were charge at. 15 soles a minute i believe. in addition we added unlimited internet for the week to the card. the price for this was 70 soles for the week. we were able to retrieve emails and internet sites on the phone and it was pretty quick. phone said 3g network and speeds were good. also by having internet we were able to utilize google maps on the phone along with gps and could navigate anywhere we wanted since google maps works in lima. this was all on an unlocked google phone that we brought with us and was essential since the taxis really do not know where anything is at. be warned that there are some proxy settings that you have to set on your phone for the claro network to work and the instructions can be found with a simple google search.

i speak no spanish so i was worried about haggling with the no meter taxis before entering. this turned out to not be a problem at all. the rates they quoted were always 1 or 2 soles higher than they normally would charge but they came down quickly with a counter. that said, most if not all do not have a good understanding of the streets so you need to have a cross street and a major landmark to tell them. i think the best way and the best prices we were quoted was when we wrote it on a piece of paper and presenting it to them. you also need to take note of which borough(san isidro, barranco, miraflores) your street is located in as the same street name might be in two different boroughs miles apart and the taxi will take you to whatever he knows. the gps enables phone with google maps came in handy to show the taxi driver where we needed to be as well.

a note about getting taxis to the airport. hailing a taxi off the street to the return to the airport was next to impossible as most refused to go. best to arrange a ride in advance so as not to miss your flight. we were charged $25 for ours. more than we wanted but no taxis would take us. the food in nearly every restaurant we went to was great. especially enjoyed tanta, la mar and brujas de cabiche sp?,

last, if you are into coffee in the third wave style(intelligentsia, counter culture et al) there is a small coffee shop that roasts its beans in the back of the store and makes a very nice shot with some award winning local coffee farmers supplying the beans. the shop is called arabica and it is located in miraflores on av recavarren between jose parde and berlin.

lima was great and definitely goes to the top of the list for places to monger. and once again i can not thank david_33 enough. do yourself a favor and contact him.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Chuday
05-04-10, 01:05
Can anyone recommend me a good travel agency or tour operator? I want to visit cusco & machu pichu. This is a rather last minute travel plan and wanted to see if there is someone who comes recommended.

I have seen quite a few tour operators on Ave Larco & Jose Pardo and not sure if they are any good. Any recommendations??

By the way, today on my way to Vivanda I noticed these guys wearing green jacket exchanging money on Ave Larco. I take it they are all legit? Is there a chance of getting scammed by these guys? What about receiving fake soles? Is it a good idea to exchange money on the street just to make a few extra soles in the transactiion?

Thanks to you all in advance for your reply.

Member #4351
05-04-10, 01:10
In order to avoid unpleasant surprises, its usually best to spend a little extra and go with either Condor Travel or Lima Tours. You will never get stuck in the middle of nowhere, and if an emergency does come up you are covered. Just my humble opinion.

Those money changers are about as legit as they come. Miraflores keeps a certain control on these folks and there are hidden cameras recording in almost all locations anyway just in case some hanky panky were to take place. Other forum members might want to weigh in, but its been a long time since I heard of anyone getting any "funny money" from these formal "cambistas".

Chuday
05-05-10, 01:31
There are many posts that talks about how to get to your destination from the airport. I did not see any posts that discusses how to get back to the airport in 1 piece at the end of your trip. Do guys not go back after they have experienced lima :)?

So I am looking for a reliable taxi /driver who will take me back to the airport and also drive me around as needed. It will be nice to have an english speaking driver. One of the posts from 07, mentiones about a driver called Manuel. Is he still around?

How about the site http://www.taxilimaperu.com/? Is it any good?

Please post your suggestion(s) here so that other may also benefit.

Cheers

Member #4351
05-05-10, 04:25
Really no need to go nuts looking for special taxi drivers like in Colombia or some other countries. If you don't want to just get one off the street, just use any of the formal taxi companies. (google or better, check in the yellow pages). Ask for cost before booking. I imagine it will be around 50 soles or less from Miraflores.

Polvo
05-09-10, 05:15
...If you don't want to just get one off the street, just use any of the formal taxi companies.......Ask for cost before booking. I imagine it will be around 50 soles or less from Miraflores.

My opinion is that Tata Taxis' are reliable. They cost about S/.45 where one from the street will cost you S/.25. But, remember that not all street taxi drivers can go into the airport (hint: Police check their papers at the entrance to parking) so you might be stuck with schlepping your luggage.

Tata's drivers do not speak English - but they get the job done. I cannot recommend Manuel - he is just like some of us. One sniff of pussy and he forgets all other obligations. Can't completely blame him.

Tata - +51 1 274 5151

Polvo

Artisttyp
05-20-10, 14:02
I'm curious to know if anyone has done a mexico city or san salvador connection on the way to lima and which one would be better ? Thanks

I'm trying to get back to lima in august. I assume it will still be rather cold ?

John Gault
05-20-10, 14:54
I'm curious to know if anyone has done a mexico city or san salvador connection on the way to lima and which one would be better ? Thanks

I'm trying to get back to lima in august. I assume it will still be rather cold ?
Yes Senior A it will be cold there then for Peru , but not a winter like NY.
Drink some good wine and it will not matter.
Good hunting my friend.

Artisttyp
05-20-10, 16:16
Yes Senior A it will be cold there then for Peru , but not a winter like NY.
Drink some good wine and it will not matter.
Good hunting my friend.

Thanks! If anyone has any thoughts on the flight connections I'd love to hear it.

Member #4351
05-21-10, 19:02
PM Jaimito Cartero

Artisttyp
05-21-10, 19:15
PM Jaimito Cartero

Thanks. I went with mexico city to avoid any rain storms.

Prices were rather high.

Lookie No Touchy
06-03-10, 01:55
I just got back from Peru and wanted to give a summary of my trip and provide some insight to anyone that may be going soon.

Before I talk about anything I want to give David_33 his due. The guy is a magician.

Last, if you are into coffee in the third wave style(intelligentsia, counter culture et al) there is a small coffee shop that roasts its beans in the back of the store
Great report Stymie. esp the coffee and airport tips!

Artisttyp
06-15-10, 22:00
A friend of mine told me he saw a news article about the peruvian government handing out saftey DVD's. He said the contents show women what to look for in foreigners and they describe guys who travel there for women etc.

I know nothing else. Can someone add to this ?

Thanks.

Jaimito Cartero
06-16-10, 01:45
I think most Gringos have more to be scared of from Peruvians than the opposite. :)

There are some fucked up guys out there who want to hurt or kill chicas, but most gringos just want to fuck them, and maybe lick their ass.

Artisttyp
06-16-10, 02:08
I think most Gringos have more to be scared of from Peruvians than the opposite. :)

most gringos just want to fuck them, and maybe lick their ass.

And sniff their shit stained undies....(on the down low).

John Sperm
07-17-10, 00:20
I arrived this morning.. and im happy to report that my fav spot in Pedro conde still up and running 2 types of prices and 2 types of girls downstairs.. the ok girls 52 soles a fuck then upstairs the great bitches.. 110 soles.. i went one up and one down... and tonight im hanging with the great Nibu Raphael.. lets see what we find anyone else.. wants to hang with us.. let me know i will check this site at 930pm tonight.. and hopefully well meet and have an orgy!!!!...... lets fuck lima.... i have not slept and im looking for more pussy...

John Sperm
07-21-10, 00:38
Im free this saturday and I would like to get together with some of you .. maybe we can get together for some beers over a game somewhere and after that lets hit a nice place with some nice company .. im a newbie here in the street scene but i find it fascinating.. ive tried Arequipa ave.. and drove to Lima centro.. ( in my opinion too dangerous) ive driven thru it on my way to cucardas.. which in my opinion its just a waste of time and money.. specially if you go upstairs to the vip section none of the girls do anal. and overpriced as hell.. 130 soles.. i chose La nene.. and left happy... after I picked a nice looking teenager 18 years old... uhmm uhmm nice.. she danced, and played with my pecker nicely.. and I must thank my good friend David33 .. for hooking me up with Paola!!!! gosh !!! she had the nicest pair of tits!!!! OMFG.. and full of milk!!!!! DAVID33 THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!! and let me get you a beer at least..!!! thanks again !

Artisttyp
07-21-10, 15:09
Just curious what guys are getting on the ground 2.77 soles (oanda) per $1 ?

I've never seen that before.

BKKguru
07-21-10, 17:38
I got 2.74 Soles at the Airport on July 20th.
I have not gone to the Cambio in Miraflores yet.

~BKKguru

Just curious what guys are getting on the ground 2.77 soles (oanda) per $1 ?

I've never seen that before.

Sly One
07-21-10, 18:00
The going rate at the moment is 2.80

The lowwer rate is the airport rate.

Everybody knows that is a ripoff.

Sly

Member #4351
07-21-10, 18:05
Today our changer is buying dollars at 2.82 and selling dollars at 2.84 Our friend BKKguru should know that the airport exchange booth in arrival gives the worst exchange rate although they have giant signs proclaiming: no commision. Obviously...they make their profit on their rip-off "tasa de cambio".

John Sperm
07-22-10, 03:57
Im stuck at home with nothing to do.. anyone wanna chill.. I dont feel to safe hanging by myself..

Polvo
07-23-10, 01:59
Today our changer is buying dollars at 2.82 and selling dollars at 2.84 Our friend BKKguru should know that the airport exchange booth in arrival gives the worst exchange rate although they have giant signs proclaiming: no commision. Obviously...they make their profit on their rip-off "tasa de cambio".
I always check the rate at Metro before I go near the street changers for the actual transaction. Great benchmark.

Polvo

Artisttyp
07-23-10, 02:08
I always check the rate at Metro before I go near the street changers for the actual transaction. Great benchmark.

Polvo

Metro supermaket ? Do they offer what banks or street changers offer ?

Lima Busy
07-23-10, 02:28
Metro supermaket ? Do they offer what banks or street changers offer ?
Metro is the benchmark we all use! Normally they are 1 sol above or below the market. Today the street was 2.82 and metro was 2.80.

John Sperm
07-23-10, 07:16
After walking up and down Arequipa Av.. for 3 solid hours, no luck finding any suitables .. I decided to get a cab and try other options.. cab driver took me to Emmanuelle's a complete waste of time and MONEY.. 80 soles entrance fee that entitles you a pisco sour and or 2 beers... then once you choose the girl she comes sits next to you.. and you negociate.. well she wants a drink.. its 42 soles... for a waterdown Whiskey... then she wants to show you a good time.. well.. lets do a Lap Dance.. 100 soles.. .."then she says.. Hey Babe.. lets take this to a private place... " well Bar fee.. 150 soles.. plus nother 100 bucks ( USD ) for her to show you the good time.. !!! and another 50 soles for the Telly... fuck no!!! i left after the the Lap- Dance.. and moved over to Peppers.. another fucked up place.. its 10 soles entrance fee.. then the place was dead all the girls looked like they dont want to be there at all.. if you approached any of them.. they dont want to talk.. dont want to drink .. all they want is 200 soles to take them out. .. and another 100 as a Bar fee.. well I asked the Bartender for a beer.. 10 soles.. ok i can live with that.. then I was feeling nice I offered to buy a girl a Beer.. 25 soles same fucking Beer!!!! incredible!!! then the ***** gives me a sweet offer in her eyes!!!.. take her and her friend.. 2 for the price of 1.. uhmm i say to myself interesting... well she wants me to pay 100 * 2 ( girls , Bar fee) and another 150 * 2 ( girls to telly) and another 50 soles to Telly. !!! Fuck I knew Lima was Expensive but this is Highway Robbery.... so I bought her a Beer I felt her up .. get my moneys worth.. and I told her.. sorry I guess Ill go home and Jerk Off.. its Healthier and Cheaper!!!! and I speak Spanish!!!!!! D33 where are you ?????????????I might do Anaconda this weekend. I have a driver that will give me the nitty gritty.. on the Hoe Scene.. ah I almost forgot.. there are Marines in Callao . maybe thats the reason for the High Prices.. anyone wants to hang let me know.. my driver is friendly and does not overcharge. if you come this weekend Ill take care of all the cab fares ..

John Sperm
07-23-10, 07:18
The Asshole money exchanger guy outside Peppers was trying to give me some fucked up rate 2.20 but I manage to get 2.85 must of been my intimidating look.. ???cause I was half drunk!!!

BKKguru
07-23-10, 07:49
I got 2.80 from the Cambista in Miraflores on Wednesday and Thursday this week. I tried to get 2.82 but they would not budge. The Cambista in Av. Benavides (near McDonalds) quoted 2.81 on Thursday.

I guess you get a better rate when you get out of Miraflores.

Regarding the rate at the Airport, yes I know its the worst rate. I just changed one bill so I could pay the Taxi and have some Soles leftover in my pocket.

~BKKguru

Polvo

Lima Busy
07-28-10, 19:00
Peru declared state of Emergency in sixteen regions that are currently being hit by a severe cold wave, reports the Council of Minister.

The Minister of Women's Affairs, Nidia Vilchez, told the press that the areas located above 3,000 meters above sea have been prioritized.

“The regions mentioned in the official document are Áncash, Apurímac, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Cusco, Huancavelica, Huánuco, Junín, Moquegua, Pasco, Puno, Lima, Tacna, Madre de Dios, Ucayali and Loreto, that have already stood five v¿cold waves this year,” she said.

Temperatures in those areas by this times of the year are usually below zero, but this time they have dropped to as low as -24C, which has caused more respiratory conditions to worsen, adding to chronic malnutrition, increasing the number of seasonal deaths.

The state of emergency means regional authorities can dip into emergency funds to provide medicine, blankets and shelter to those most affected.

Some Lima districts have been included in the emergency declaration, like Villa María del Triunfo, Villa El Salvador, Pachacámac, Lurín, Ate, Lurigancho, San Juan de Lurigancho, Comas, Carabayllo, San Juan de Miraflores and Ventanilla, in Callao.

Artisttyp
07-28-10, 20:00
Peru declared state of Emergency in sixteen regions that are currently being hit by a severe cold wave, reports the Council of Minister.

Some Lima districts have been included in the emergency declaration, like Villa María del Triunfo, Villa El Salvador, Pachacámac, Lurín, Ate, Lurigancho, San Juan de Lurigancho, Comas, Carabayllo, San Juan de Miraflores and Ventanilla, in Callao.

I don't get it. If all these lima districts have these warnings then miraflores lince and centro should be counted as well. Climates do change depending on location but a fifteen 20 minute cab ride shouldn't make that much of a difference. Maybe in the summer time (breeze off ocean).

I am seeing 63 for daytime highs and 57 for overnight lows. Those would be about average fall temperatures for New York City. I would dress in a sweater
and a mid/heavyweight fall jacket....63 usually means a nice spring day in new york if it's sunny .....a little cooler when the sun goes down.

Sleeping in this weather can be a little tricky. I highly recommend people bring thermals and a hooded sweatshirt to sleep in. Warm clothes are a must around this time of year.

Lima Busy
07-29-10, 04:58
I don't get it. If all these lima districts have these warnings then miraflores lince and centro should be counted as well. Climates do change depending on location but a fifteen 20 minute cab ride shouldn't make that much of a difference. Maybe in the summer time (breeze off ocean).

I am seeing 63 for daytime highs and 57 for overnight lows. Those would be about average fall temperatures for New York City. I would dress in a sweater
and a mid/heavyweight fall jacket....63 usually means a nice spring day in new york if it's sunny .....a little cooler when the sun goes down.

Sleeping in this weather can be a little tricky. I highly recommend people bring thermals and a hooded sweatshirt to sleep in. Warm clothes are a must around this time of year.
It is a matter of "micro climates", house construction. The weather channel is giving you averages and also predicts alot of rainy days for Lima.

I froze my butt off in Miraflores last night and this morning, but was in jeans and a t'shirt this afternoon in Chaclacayo.

Two weeks ago I was swimming in a pool in Huacachina at two in the afternoon and wearing a ski parka and sweats that same night.

Artisttyp
07-29-10, 05:21
It is a matter of "micro climates", house construction. The weather channel is giving you averages and also predicts alot of rainy days for Lima.

I froze my butt off in Miraflores last night and this morning, but was in jeans and a t'shirt this afternoon in Chaclacayo.

Two weeks ago I was swimming in a pool in Huacachina at two in the afternoon and wearing a ski parka and sweats that same night.

Great. I am looking forward to getting sick.

Member #4351
08-03-10, 21:56
Interesting happenings in the Troc yesterday...all over the TV news shows. Evidently the local chicas have been getting pissed off at the competition from the Ecuadorians. They say that the Ecuadorians, since they have pimps and have to make their daily take, drop their prices from the "agreed upon" minimum 30 soles to 20 soles or less when there aren´t many customers. IMHO they are pissed off because the Ecuadorians are usually cuter, although also IMHO generally provide worse service. So it seems that the Troc (AKA El Salvaje) management, moved the Ecuadorians to El Bote next door. This had the effect of 86ing the older Señoras who had been in El Bote for ages, giving super cheap service due to their age and lack of physical attractiveness. So in a xenophobic show of solidarity, the locals went on strike, trying to burn down El Bote (I imagine with the Ecuadorians still inside), and posing with sheets over their heads for the TV cameras while screaming and kicking the metal doors of the Troc. All the punters did an about face and streamed out of the area to avoid being on TV. When asked about the Troc, one of the major candidates for Mayor of Lima in the upcoming elections admitted to having been a customer at some point in the past.

Artisttyp
08-04-10, 03:55
D33' Thats pretty crazy! El Boite is a great place for me. I actually welcome the other girls there but yes service might be an issue. I liked hitting some of the older slop that was there...why does this happen when I arrive.

I´m here...just got back from la nene. I cant believe they take credit cards now.

I bought a ticket a few months ago on delta´s website and paid $812..the cheapest connecting flight I could find. Non stop was around $1200..

One day before leaving delta sends me my itinerary and 3 out of my four legs are on aero mexico. So I did NYC to Mexico City....had to fill out immigration papers for mexico then re check myself in )not baggage..then wait 4 hours before I went through security again. Deltas terminal in nyc had 1 fucking metal detector for a line as long as a world series ticket line....be careful with these connecting flight. I am happy Im here but it almost wasnt worth it. Not to mention the assholes oversold both damn flights. I was lucky I hustled my way on. You have absoluetly no juice when you show up at the aero mexico counter in mexico city. I happened to show them some prescription meds to make them think I couldn´t be left behind..it worked and the guy was very cool. I lied my ass off but it worked out for me.

The maria luisa has a totally different staff which is so weird for me.

Things have gotten a little more expensive here..a session at la nene with 15 soles entrance and roundtrip public transport came out to $30 hotel $36 a night airfare $812. I could be in buenos aires! Im here for a really long time so I havent made up my mind as to what is what yet but as always I will let you know.

The weather is a little chilly but DAMP. Think a humid cold damp climate. You need to bring alot of warm sleep clothes...a hoodie scarf maybe even a beenie.

Did I mention the assholes at the airport ripped the zipper off my $300 super light weight luggage.

The bag is in great shape but I cant use the damn thing now...NOTHING was stolen...why not!

I can´t find the question mark key here sorry.

Until soon.

John Gault
08-05-10, 03:02
Interesting happenings in the Troc yesterday...all over the TV news shows. Evidently the local chicas have been getting pissed off at the competition from the Ecuadorians. They say that the Ecuadorians, since they have pimps and have to make their daily take, drop their prices from the "agreed upon" minimum 30 soles to 20 soles or less when there aren´t many customers. IMHO they are pissed off because the Ecuadorians are usually cuter, although also IMHO generally provide worse service. So it seems that the Troc (AKA El Salvaje) management, moved the Ecuadorians to El Bote next door. This had the effect of 86ing the older Señoras who had been in El Bote for ages, giving super cheap service due to their age and lack of physical attractiveness. So in a xenophobic show of solidarity, the locals went on strike, trying to burn down El Bote (I imagine with the Ecuadorians still inside), and posing with sheets over their heads for the TV cameras while screaming and kicking the metal doors of the Troc. All the punters did an about face and streamed out of the area to avoid being on TV. When asked about the Troc, one of the major candidates for Mayor of Lima in the upcoming elections admitted to having been a customer at some point in the past.
I wish the USA politicans could be that honest. ( fat chance )

John Gault
08-05-10, 03:06
D33' Thats pretty crazy! El Boite is a great place for me. I actually welcome the other girls there but yes service might be an issue. I liked hitting some of the older slop that was there...why does this happen when I arrive.

I´m here...just got back from la nene. I cant believe they take credit cards now.

I bought a ticket a few months ago on delta´s website and paid $812..the cheapest connecting flight I could find. Non stop was around $1200..

One day before leaving delta sends me my itinerary and 3 out of my four legs are on aero mexico. So I did NYC to Mexico City....had to fill out immigration papers for mexico then re check myself in )not baggage..then wait 4 hours before I went through security again. Deltas terminal in nyc had 1 fucking metal detector for a line as long as a world series ticket line....be careful with these connecting flight. I am happy Im here but it almost wasnt worth it. Not to mention the assholes oversold both damn flights. I was lucky I hustled my way on. You have absoluetly no juice when you show up at the aero mexico counter in mexico city. I happened to show them some prescription meds to make them think I couldn´t be left behind..it worked and the guy was very cool. I lied my ass off but it worked out for me.

The maria luisa has a totally different staff which is so weird for me.

Things have gotten a little more expensive here..a session at la nene with 15 soles entrance and roundtrip public transport came out to $30 hotel $36 a night airfare $812. I could be in buenos aires! Im here for a really long time so I havent made up my mind as to what is what yet but as always I will let you know.

The weather is a little chilly but DAMP. Think a humid cold damp climate. You need to bring alot of warm sleep clothes...a hoodie scarf maybe even a beenie.

Did I mention the assholes at the airport ripped the zipper off my $300 super light weight luggage.

The bag is in great shape but I cant use the damn thing now...NOTHING was stolen...why not!

I can´t find the question mark key here sorry.

Until soon.
Spirit airlines has to be cheaper than that. I just looked at a flight from ACY to Lima with one stop and a not to long layover and it was under $500.

Jaimito Cartero
08-05-10, 04:09
I don't understand how you don't know the routing your flying, unless they fucked up the day you were going.

I flew on Mexicana (now in Bankruptcy as of today) to Bogota in June, and it was a pain in the ass going through Mexico City. Even in Biz class, it wasn't anything great. Maybe Aeromexico will scoop up the ashes of Mexicana.

Airfares are way too high at the moment for most routes. I can fly to Australia for less than I can fly to Lima, most days. This is a case where airline miles can really come in handy. If you fly in the less popular season, you can go RT on American Airlines for 30k miles.

I buy luggage that has a lifetime warranty, usually for $100 for carry-on, and $140 for checked. Buy it once, and then get free replacements. I'm on my 4th carry-on replacement, and the 2nd checked bag. Need to get that replaced, though.

If you're staying more than 30 days you could be paying a higher price for your ticket. Some tickets have a 30 or 60 day max, and then prices go up a lot. At the end of the month, I see connecting fares for $434 out of NYC, and some direct flights Lan $620, CO $701. These are for less than a months stay.

Artisttyp
08-05-10, 05:59
I thought the same thing. I've paid way less to come to lima on a non stop flight. I guess I just had bad timing. At least I'm not sweating my ass off in nyc.

Also spirit is charging for carry on luggage now $30 online or $45 at the terminal..add two more
Pieces of luggage plus food.

Spirit airlines has to be cheaper than that. I just looked at a flight from ACY to Lima with one stop and a not to long layover and it was under $500.

Artisttyp
08-05-10, 06:05
I don't understand how you don't know the routing your flying, unless they fucked up the day you were going.

I flew on Mexicana (now in Bankruptcy as of today) to Bogota in June, and it was a pain in the ass going through Mexico City. Even in Biz class, it wasn't anything great. Maybe Aeromexico will scoop up the ashes of Mexicana.

Airfares are way too high at the moment for most routes. I can fly to Australia for less than I can fly to Lima, most days. This is a case where airline miles can really come in handy. If you fly in the less popular season, you can go RT on American Airlines for 30k miles.

I buy luggage that has a lifetime warranty, usually for $100 for carry-on, and $140 for checked. Buy it once, and then get free replacements. I'm on my 4th carry-on replacement, and the 2nd checked bag. Need to get that replaced, though.

If you're staying more than 30 days you could be paying a higher price for your ticket. Some tickets have a 30 or 60 day max, and then prices go up a lot. At the end of the month, I see connecting fares for $434 out of NYC, and some direct flights Lan $620, CO $701. These are for less than a months stay.

What kind of luggage do you buy? I got this new german feather weight luggage as a gift
For christmas but I didn't see a warranty.

I did see the mexico city transfer but delta only informed me about the aeromexico
Part the day before. I could have probably gotten it cheaper via the aeromexico website.

I must say though the service was decent on aeromexico..way better than the nasty
Pricks on delta. The mexico city airport is pretty cool though. They even have 711's where
You can by normal priced food...way more civiled than 3rd world america..easy to smoke and
Come back in as well.

Member #4351
08-05-10, 15:32
If its Rimowa, its got a life time guarantee as well.

Member #4351
08-05-10, 15:36
On TV news this morning; the Troc has fired the Peruvian fire setters and door kickers. Since it appeared as if they were the older and probably uglier (were under sheets) chicas, management probably took advantage of the filmed strike/revolt to get rid of some undesirables.

John Gault
08-05-10, 17:35
I thought the same thing. I've paid way less to come to lima on a non stop flight. I guess I just had bad timing. At least I'm not sweating my ass off in nyc.

Also spirit is charging for carry on luggage now $30 online or $45 at the terminal..add two more
Pieces of luggage plus food.
Carry ons are charged $20 if you are a free Spirit member and pay before you check in.
As for food I bring energy bars for the flight. They can whistle before I buy the over priced stuff they peddle on the plane.

Artisttyp
08-05-10, 23:13
If its Rimowa, its got a life time guarantee as well.

Yes thats it but it was a gift and I dont have the receipt.

Member #4351
08-05-10, 23:27
Great luggage, but doesn´t fit your image as a more or less budget monger. Very expensive and from what I´ve seen, usually owned by guys who fly business and first class. Excellent customer service..I don´t think you will have any problems getting them to fix anything even if you don´t have the receipt. I say this from personal experience. However this topic is probably better for Flyer Talk and not ISG.

Korkavado
08-06-10, 03:38
Our favorite things.

http://www.veryfunnyads.com/index.jsp?oid=25294

Jaimito Cartero
08-06-10, 05:44
What kind of luggage do you buy? I got this new german feather weight luggage as a gift For Christmas but I didn't see a warranty.

I did see the Mexico City transfer but delta only informed me about the aeromexico Part the day before. I could have probably gotten it cheaper via the aeromexico website.

I must say though the service was decent on aeromexico. Way better than the nasty Pricks on delta. The Mexico City airport is pretty cool though. They even have 711's where You can by normal priced food. Way more civiled than 3rd world america. Easy to smoke and Come back in as well.I buy the Costco Kirkland luggage. Takes a beating, and when it starts to wear out at all, take it back and get a new one.

I didn't like having to go through customs in Mexico City, and then get back on the plane. At times the customs line is an hour long.

If an airline really tries to pull something on you the day before, you should be able to complain and get it routed more directly. I'd guess it was going on Aeromexico all the time, and you just didn't notice. DL planes do not connect in MEX to South America. They usually fly out of ATL, with some hubs at JFK, or maybe something in Florida too. Asian and European flights may leave out of DTW, MSP and SEA too.

Jaimito Cartero
08-08-10, 02:55
If you have a Mexican airline flight booked as a codeshare with a US airline, you may be able to get it switched to a more direct flight. Because of issues with Mexican airlines, they were just downgraded.

There's some mention of it on Flyertalk, probably in the Mexicana thread. You may be able to switch to the USA airline only with no codeshare for no cost, if you do your research before calling.

Munich Boy
08-16-10, 01:13
Just back from troca, and have to say it was as empty as never. Really bad, well its still just only 30 lucas per fuck. But there was nothing interesting to fuck.

Cheers

Member #4351
08-16-10, 15:52
Yeah, there are only 300 girls there. Difficult to find anyone worthy.

Samu Ray
08-16-10, 18:17
I used to get information reading this thread,p...tops, now I can't.
The guys who run this forum make it difficult for guys like me. Why do I need
to register just to read it...bastards.

Artisttyp
08-16-10, 19:18
I used to get information reading this thread,p...tops, now I can't.
The guys who run this forum make it difficult for guys like me. Why do I need
to register just to read it...bastards.

From what I remember the registration was free. I don't think it's a bad idea to do this since a lot of these forums attract unwanted types. Maybe this is their way of protecting the site. It only takes a few minutes regardless.

D33- I was at the troc with munich boy. From my perspective there were a lot of doable chicas. What munich boy forgot to mention is that he had popped 4 times the previous evening at sLy's
Party. That could have something to do with it.

On a side note I've never been to the troca on a sunday before...pretty decent for a sunday at 4pm.

Lima Busy
08-17-10, 20:41
From what I remember the registration was free. I don't think it's a bad idea to do this since a lot of these forums attract unwanted types. Maybe this is their way of protecting the site. It only takes a few minutes regardless.

D33- I was at the troc with munich boy. From my perspective there were a lot of doable chicas. What munich boy forgot to mention is that he had popped 4 times the previous evening at sLy's
Party. That could have something to do with it.

On a side note I've never been to the troca on a sunday before...pretty decent for a sunday at 4pm.
One of the LT Troca gals is now running for Congress!

Munich Boy
08-18-10, 02:05
One of the LT Troca gals is now running for Congress!Ex Troca girl or?

Member #4351
08-18-10, 15:45
Old news. The fat blond named Bella who was one of the ringleaders of the strike. Since she has had more than 15,000 customers in her more than 20 years at the troc, she figures if they all vote for her, she´s be elected no problem.

Bunny Hunter
08-20-10, 23:59
Just back from troca, and have to say it was as empty as never. Really bad, well its still just only 30 lucas per fuck. But there was nothing interesting to fuck.

CheersI hit are y V #3 (the one just off Av Canada on Santa Catalina) on the same day that you hit the troc. Have to say that I had one of the Top 5 WILDEST banos turcos experiences of my life!

Here's the key: pick two really pretty chicas, including one that you've sessioned with a couple of times before, and then tell them about your experience at Sly's party in rich detail. Of course, leave out names and other identifying details. The chicas will figure out pretty quickly that you are ready for anything and they will give it to you, especially if you are already cool with one of them (I think that was the key). When mamasan comes to ask which chica you want to session with, answer. With a big smile on your face. "both"!

Let me tell you, after Sly's party and after pulling another chica from Teq Rocks later that same night, I thought I was through. These two chicas proved that wrong! Two pops. One in the massage room (con condom) and one in a steamy sauna (sin condom). Later, I was begging them to stop. "no mas leche, bonita, lo siento". So we all three just got into the jacuzzi, one of them went to sleep with her head on my chest, and the other one giggled, smiled, and whispered until the knock on the door came indicating that time was up.

I've since learned that the one that I now had multiple visits with "is" willing to do "especiales" with one of her amigas outside of work too. Have to get back to Lima asap!

Later,

Bunny

Artisttyp
08-21-10, 03:08
Sorry for the weird question mark. I am once again on a foreign keyboard.

Today I went back to huachipa with another isg member. We hit conejas for the first time. Las Rocas and Conejas are side by side. LR is a 3 soles entrance with sessions running 30 soles. Conejas has a 5 soles entrance and 40 soles sessions.

The difference between the two is very simple. Conejas had better looking chicas and a much cleaner environment but the service offered was rather mechanical. I spoke to a few girls and when I asked the question " Que cosas no haces¨" I got the standard " Yo hago positiones caricias "etc. which basically means bubble sex...I am in my latex bubble and you are in yours. It has a very similar feel at las cucardas but located in a completely different environment. Huichipa is in the suburbs of lima. Its not even on a regular lima city map.

Passed on that and sessioned as las rocas instead. LR is just like the trocadero but only 2 hallways.

How to get there:

Combi = Wilson Tacna until javier prado. Get off at javier prado and arequipa and walk to the next bus stop up on javier prado. Get on a combi saying ATE . Get off anywhere in ate and hop on another combi saying chosica. This will take you right to the entrance of huachipa next to the zoo. From the zoo take a 2 soles tuk tuk to the clubs.

Its an all day affair to get there and come back. I was hoping to alternate these places with the trocadero but its just too far to do on a normal basis.

If you like adventure this one is for you!

Artisttyp
08-21-10, 03:11
I hit are y V #3 (the one just off Av Canada on Santa Catalina) on the same day that you hit the troc. Have to say that I had one of the Top 5 WILDEST banos turcos experiences of my life!

Here's the key: pick two really pretty chicas, including one that you've sessioned with a couple of times before, and then tell them about your experience at Sly's party in rich detail. Of course, leave out names and other identifying details. The chicas will figure out pretty quickly that you are ready for anything and they will give it to you, especially if you are already cool with one of them (I think that was the key). When mamasan comes to ask which chica you want to session with, answer. With a big smile on your face. "both"!

Let me tell you, after Sly's party and after pulling another chica from Teq Rocks later that same night, I thought I was through. These two chicas proved that wrong! Two pops. One in the massage room (con condom) and one in a steamy sauna (sin condom). Later, I was begging them to stop. "no mas leche, bonita, lo siento". So we all three just got into the jacuzzi, one of them went to sleep with her head on my chest, and the other one giggled, smiled, and whispered until the knock on the door came indicating that time was up.

I've since learned that the one that I now had multiple visits with "is" willing to do "especiales" with one of her amigas outside of work too. Have to get back to Lima asap!

Later,

Bunny

Can you tell us how much this set you back. Thanks.

Arjay
08-21-10, 04:17
4 Men arrested in Attempted Pattaya ATM Robbery Case. Link to story here: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/26885/4-men-arrested-in-attempted-pattaya-atm-robbery-case/

Man they get around all over the world!

Bunny Hunter
08-21-10, 17:04
Can you tell us how much this set you back. Thanks.
Nothing more than their standard rates, per chica, for a visit. S/ 90 for the house, S/ 5 for one cerveza in the "lobby" (where you wait while they are getting the room ready and you are getting comfortable with your new novia), and S/ 50 propina for the chica. Multiply times two chicas = S/ 280 or about $100 USD.

Definitely worth at least one try to see if you like it. To me, it was kind of like a "micro-Sly party" -- not as good as the real thing (i.e., Sly's full-blown party), but a most excellent experience without a doubt!

Again, just in my opinion, the key is to build great rapport (earlier visits with the first chica helped too), create sexual tension, and project a spirit of fun/adventure while waiting in the lobby. You also need to signal that some chica-chica fun is okay too, which can help heighten the tension. Then it's time to get busy when you go back to the room!

One chica's clit was about halfway swollen when I first touched it and went to totally swollen within about 15-20 seconds of getting some attention, while the other was completely soaking wet through her panties by the time I got around to touching her. She did some kind of chica-jedi move that had the panties off in the blink of an eye and was moaning like crazy the second that I slid a finger into her.

Good times! Remember to build the tension first, don't just lay there and make them do all the work.

Bbjack1000
08-28-10, 02:09
Has anyone flown on this airline (Lima-Cusco)? Looking at booking them to Cusco since they have some very good rates while LAN and Taca are a bit on the high side. Just want some general info on check-in process (attendents speak any english as my espanol is a little poor but I know some). Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sly One
08-28-10, 11:57
Has anyone flown on this airline (Lima-Cusco)? Looking at booking them to Cusco since they have some very good rates while LAN and Taca are a bit on the high side. Just want some general info on check-in process (attendents speak any english as my espanol is a little poor but I know some). Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!They are Ok. I have flown a few times with no problems.

Just watch when booking your flight on line you do not pay the resident rate on the peruvian website and you must pay the tourist rate.

Why because when U-turn up to check in they will tell you that you are not a resident and that ticket is void and non refundable and you must now to buy a new tourist ticket at last minute prices.

This happend to a friend of mine who was here for a few months on the same flight with the same airline.

Sly

Bbjack1000
08-29-10, 03:50
Sly,

Thanks for the response. I've been to their site (http://www.starperu.com/index.php) and checked their prices but can't see how to tell the difference. Don't want to have any issues. Would it be better to just go with Taca or LAN to avoid this type of situation?

Thanks again!

They are Ok. I have flown a few times with no problems.

Just watch when booking your flight on line you do not pay the resident rate on the peruvian website and you must pay the tourist rate.

Why because when U-turn up to check in they will tell you that you are not a resident and that ticket is void and non refundable and you must now to buy a new tourist ticket at last minute prices.

This happend to a friend of mine who was here for a few months on the same flight with the same airline.

Sly

Member #4351
09-02-10, 15:35
Star doesn´t have two tier pricing..same price for all. LAN charges much more for non residents.

Bbjack1000
09-03-10, 01:06
Whew! Gonna give Star a shot then as their prices seem to be reasonable for such a short flight.

Thanks for the info.

Star doesn´t have two tier pricing..same price for all. LAN charges much more for non residents.

Bbjack1000
09-03-10, 01:10
Whew! Going to give Star a shot then as their prices seem to be reasonable for such a short flight. The $552 ticket price for LAN may explain why it was so high, though if you weren't aware of 2-tier pricing, that would just seem like they were gouging all passengers (and not just the non-residents). If there is any other info on this airline that you guys have, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks again for the info.

Artisttyp
09-03-10, 15:07
I screwed up big time yesterday. It was an honest mistake though :

I had a flight leaving sept 2 at 12:35am so I show up at the airport sept 2 three hours early. Obviously I needed to do this on sept 1(3 hours early) but I totally lost track. On every updated itinerary I recieved it never dawned on me because my flight from lima and connecting flights were all listed on sept 2. Usually there is some sort of note reminding you + 1 day or something like that...nowhere did I see that on my itinerary.

I had to call the reservations center from the airport and re book for today. The penalty was $620 US...basically a new *RT ticket which puts my total flight costs for this trip at $1220 US.

Back at the hotel I remember I bought travel insurance with access america...yeah! I just called them with my policy number and they tell me it can´t do anything for me. I now learn that travel insurance bought through an airline only covers YOU not the flight. From what I understood if I got injured and showed a doctors letter to the airline they will honor that letter. Also if I had problems with my flight I could make changes without a penalty. Access america tells me that isnt the case anymore. Why buy travel insurance then ? Also why do airlines sell 3rd party travel insurance on the ticket check out page ? It makes you believe you are covered for your ticket and changes made.

Also the prick on the phone got snippy with me. Im the one paying $620 not him. I cant stand america and americans anymore... huge ghetto.

Anyway it was a huge lesson for me. I am probably the most organized person there is but the 12:35am flight just sent me for a loop.

Oh well one more chance to lick another ass. There is nothing I can do or is there ?

HELP

DownUnderMonger
09-03-10, 15:49
go to a doctor NOW!

get a note saying you either had diarrea or vomitting or whatever that made you delay you flight etc. Just a medical certificate covering that period.

According to most travel insurances, they cover sickness. They don't state how mundane the sickness would be. For a small fee its worth a try and a high chance of working.

I screwed up big time yesterday. It was an honest mistake though :

I had a flight leaving sept 2 at 12:35am so I show up at the airport sept 2 three hours early. Obviously I needed to do this on sept 1(3 hours early) but I totally lost track. On every updated itinerary I recieved it never dawned on me because my flight from lima and connecting flights were all listed on sept 2. Usually there is some sort of note reminding you + 1 day or something like that...nowhere did I see that on my itinerary.

I had to call the reservations center from the airport and re book for today. The penalty was $620 US...basically a new *RT ticket which puts my total flight costs for this trip at $1220 US.

Back at the hotel I remember I bought travel insurance with access america...yeah! I just called them with my policy number and they tell me it can´t do anything for me. I now learn that travel insurance bought through an airline only covers YOU not the flight. From what I understood if I got injured and showed a doctors letter to the airline they will honor that letter. Also if I had problems with my flight I could make changes without a penalty. Access america tells me that isnt the case anymore. Why buy travel insurance then ? Also why do airlines sell 3rd party travel insurance on the ticket check out page ? It makes you believe you are covered for your ticket and changes made.

Also the prick on the phone got snippy with me. Im the one paying $620 not him. I cant stand america and americans anymore... huge ghetto.

Anyway it was a huge lesson for me. I am probably the most organized person there is but the 12:35am flight just sent me for a loop.

Oh well one more chance to lick another ass. There is nothing I can do or is there ?

HELP

Member #4351
09-03-10, 19:03
If anyone is going to be around Lima during next week, you might be interested in making it to the Mistura 2010 food fair. It will be open from the 7th to the 12th from 10 in the morning to 11 at night. Pick up your entrance tickets at Teleticket booths in Wong or Metro supermarkets. Go early and with an appetite. Very, very large and great reasonably priced food. The famous Gaston Acurio is the man behind it.

Artisttyp
09-03-10, 20:33
go to a doctor NOW!

get a note saying you either had diarrea or vomitting or whatever that made you delay you flight etc. Just a medical certificate covering that period.

According to most travel insurances, they cover sickness. They don't state how mundane the sickness would be. For a small fee its worth a try and a high chance of working.

I went to clinica santa monica in lince today ave arequipa right past the javier prado bridge. They were willing to do it but I didnt have enough soles on me and didnt want to waste time. I just went on with my day and got laid.

Ive learned a lesson the hard way. Sometimes I buy travel protection from expedia but who knows if that would do anything for me. Has anybody tried to make a claim with them...sorry no question marks on this keyboard that I can find.

I will call delta when I return but it will probably [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off more than anything. I told access america that most airlines will change your ticket free of charge if you get injured. I know it happened to me once in the DR. Why would I want to buy useless insurance that promises the same from a third party. IMHO a third party for any type of a transaction is useless unless you dont have access to the source yourself.

Truckman
09-09-10, 00:54
I know this has been discussed sometime in the past, but I can't find it.

Can someone give me a location in preferably Miraflores for a good place to buy V or Levitra? Also what is the cost per pill? A perscription required? Any info is appreciated.

Artisttyp
09-09-10, 07:11
I know this has been discussed sometime in the past, but I can't find it.

Can someone give me a location in preferably Miraflores for a good place to buy V or Levitra? Also what is the cost per pill? A perscription required? Any info is appreciated.

Was with someone who bought viagra in plaza minka callao. I think it was a promotion of 2 four packs for 30 soles which is around $10.

Most pharmacies will have it. No script needed.

Jaimito Cartero
09-09-10, 07:30
If you had some American Airline miles, you might have been able to redeem a small amount for a one way trip. Sometimes you might pay a close in ticketing fee of $100 or so, but you're much better off than paying through the nose.

The first time you were in Lima, you almost missed your plane then, because of the departure time. I recall we were both leaving within a day of each other, and both of us thought it was one day later.

That's why I always keep a printout with me, and recheck to make sure that there are no changes online. DL is pretty bad, to begin with. I had a flight back from Asia a couple of months ago. I checked the night before the flight, only to find out it was going to be delayed by 10 hours! In the end, they wanted to delay me 2 extra days. Luckily I discovered it early, and was able to get on another airline. If I had waited later, no seats would have been available.

Airlines will sometimes bend to help you if given a reasonable reason to do so. Just because you fucked up, doesn't make it their fault though.

I've had all sorts of travel snafus, and once in a blue moon, I may pay a smallish change fee. Normally I expect the airlines to fuck something up, so I try to keep an eye on the reservations.

I had a ticket for later this year to Asia. They actually called me about a schedule change of 1 day. Because this was their fault, I was able to play with the ticket, go a day early, and change a stopover too. No charge.

I've never bought trip/travel insurance, since the ones I've seen all have so many loopholes built into them. I've seen some reasonable ones issued to EU residents, but not for US residents.

I too, hate stupid Americans. Canadians. Brazilians. Peruvians. ;)

Artisttyp
09-09-10, 18:11
If you had some American Airline miles, you might have been able to redeem a small amount for a one way trip. Sometimes you might pay a close in ticketing fee of $100 or so, but you're much better off than paying through the nose.

The first time you were in Lima, you almost missed your plane then, because of the departure time. I recall we were both leaving within a day of each other, and both of us thought it was one day later.

That's why I always keep a printout with me, and recheck to make sure that there are no changes online. DL is pretty bad, to begin with. I had a flight back from Asia a couple of months ago. I checked the night before the flight, only to find out it was going to be delayed by 10 hours! In the end, they wanted to delay me 2 extra days. Luckily I discovered it early, and was able to get on another airline. If I had waited later, no seats would have been available.

Airlines will sometimes bend to help you if given a reasonable reason to do so. Just because you fucked up, doesn't make it their fault though.

I've had all sorts of travel snafus, and once in a blue moon, I may pay a smallish change fee. Normally I expect the airlines to fuck something up, so I try to keep an eye on the reservations.

I had a ticket for later this year to Asia. They actually called me about a schedule change of 1 day. Because this was their fault, I was able to play with the ticket, go a day early, and change a stopover too. No charge.

I've never bought trip/travel insurance, since the ones I've seen all have so many loopholes built into them. I've seen some reasonable ones issued to EU residents, but not for US residents.

I too, hate stupid Americans. Canadians. Brazilians. Peruvians. ;)

They were going to charge me $620 but wound up charging me $557. My seats were with extra leg room on both flights...even an exit seat.

I made the mistake but a least warn people they need to show up a day early. I've never had a flight leave that late.

Delta in general was a nightmare though. Every leg of my trip was oversold.

Lima Busy
09-22-10, 15:52
Keep in mind "ley seca", first weekend of October!

Lima Busy
09-30-10, 23:27
With the (possible) attempted coup today in Ecuador the "BORDER IS CLOSED", Please rearrange travel plans as necessary.

Truckman
09-30-10, 23:47
Keep in mind "ley seca", first weekend of October!What is Ley Seca? I will be in Lima the first weekend of October.

Sly One
10-01-10, 10:49
What is Ley Seca? I will be in Lima the first weekend of October.It is a law where all Peruvian women have to fuck at least 2 gringos during this week-end.

No just kidding.

No alcolholic drinks sold for 48hours before an elections.

Sly

Lima Busy
10-01-10, 16:44
What is Ley Seca? I will be in Lima the first weekend of October.
DRY LAW= No Alcohol after midnight tonight!

Bunny Hunter
10-03-10, 01:03
What is Ley Seca? I will be in Lima the first weekend of October.Listen, if you're going to Peru, you might want to try out a couple of things:

1. Start using Google Chrome as your browser. You can visit spanish-language websites and it will automatically translate them for you.

2. Also, use http://translate. Google.com and you can translate pretty much anything you type (or paste) into the textbox. For example, "ley seca" = "prohibition". Also, there's an entire Wikipedia article in Spanish about it if you want. In Google Chrome, just highlight the phrase you want to look up, right-click, and select "search". The results will pop up in another tab automatically.

You can also use Chrome to help with reading local forums, such as perutops.com if your spanish es no bueno.

Good luck on your trip!

Samu Ray
10-21-10, 18:19
In today's La Times,´print edition´, threre is an article that may be interesting to some of you...
'For some Chinese college students, sex is a business opportunity'

Oscar3
11-14-10, 21:57
Hi!

Can anyone help me with the issue about mobilephones:

When I read the threads about this I find the advice to buy a phone with a card from an operator in Peru, that I understand but, why not just buy a card from an operator and use it in your phone?

-Is it because my european phone doesn't work in Peru?

-The hazard with bringing in expensive things? (better leave it home).

-Another reason?

And is electronic (cameras e. T. C.) things cheap to buy in Peru?

Thanks

Sly One
11-15-10, 03:34
I strongly suggest you read ...

Slyone First Timers Guide to Lima..It may just save you money and time..??

http://www.InternationalSexGuide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=950160

Get a local cell phone.

I suggest you buy a local prepaid cell phone because it is handy to stay in contact with the outside world and it enhances your security. Chicas, and other people you meet, are more likely to dial a local number than an international one to reach you. A local pre-paid cell phone can cost as little as USD 30 and this includes USD 20 of free phone credits.

Hint: Look for current promotions and take advantage of them.

All you need is money and your passport to get the phone. I suggest the Claro office located in Av Larco:

Avenida Larco 878 on the corner of Avenida 28 de Julio.

Office hours:
Mon to Fri 10.00am to 7.00pm
Sat 10.00am to 2.00 pm

It takes about 1/2 hour to do the paper work and to get the phone and about 3 hours for the phone to be activated.

Hint: Some people think it is cheaper to just buy a SIM card and insert it into their own handset. Yes, this will cost USD 5 instead of USD 30 but you do not get any free credits. There is also a risk that your handset is locked which means it will only accept SIM cards issued by your service provider. Also, this is not an option for CDMA cell phones since CDMA handsets do not accept SIM cards (Many US service providers, such as Sprint and Verizon, utilize the CDMA standard rather than the SIM-based GSM standard).

Another consideration is that cell phone theft is common in Peru and you stand a reasonable chance of having your phone stolen during your trip. So be careful and do what is best for you. Cell phones and SIM cards will still function if and when you return to Peru.

Sly..
Oh yes..
I copied this from Sly Ones First Timers Guide to Lima..

Sly One
11-15-10, 03:42
Hope it helps you majke your choice.

http://contenidos.claro.com.pe/contenidos/equipos/ed_Lima/

Sly.

Copied this from the claro website.

Hi!

Can anyone help me with the issue about mobilephones:

When I read the threads about this I find the advice to buy a phone with a card from an operator in Peru, that I understand but, why not just buy a card from an operator and use it in your phone?

-Is it because my european phone doesn't work in Peru?

-The hazard with bringing in expensive things? (better leave it home).

-Another reason?

And is electronic (cameras e. T. C.) things cheap to buy in Peru?

Thanks

Member #4351
11-15-10, 15:13
Which as can be seen by the correctly written sentences, was as usual copied from the Cat´s Meow who posts on another forum. Up to date information here: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3032 . By the way Wilmer, why don´t you try reading the forum before you ask questions. If you look up at the top of the page you will see a neat little "search" button. If you click it you can usually find what you are looking for.

Oscar3
11-16-10, 22:58
thanks sly, dave

it was a good piece of work there sly, nice, thanks!

dave: i actually found that tool before but i didn't succeed to peel down the alternatives enough to get it down to a few pageses, i gave up and put my hope to the experts here. if i searched for "phonecard" and put it in "peru" i didn't get any hits, and if i searched for ""phone card" in "peru" i got this result:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/search.php?searchid=6041678

i guess i need to look it up more, if you tells it is a workable tool.

Member #4351
11-16-10, 23:54
No one knows what a phone card is. They are called sim chips or sim cards. Try putting the word "sim" and then highlight the Peru forum. Its like magic.

Oscar3
11-17-10, 20:24
thanks dave! now it's only 9 threadstarters and around 9000 reports to read!

i don't want to be ungreatful but it's a hell of work if you can't sort out at least the pages that include the word you're searching for.

it's not so "sim"ple.

i have the answer for this question already, but it can be a useful tool later on.

if it's possible peel it down to a few pageses.

or i'm lost.

thanks

Jsm1393
11-21-10, 14:37
When I first arrived, I used the "GlobalNet" ATM at the airport and again in Miraflores. This ATM charges a S10 fee plus whatever your bank will charge for accessing a "non-network" ATM. They also limited my withdrawal to about S350. Later, I found out that the ATMs at the banks BCP and BIF (and maybe others) allow withdrawals of S700 and charge no fee for using their ATMs.

Jsm1393
11-21-10, 14:40
They will quote you anywhere from S50 to S60 to go to Miraflores. You should pay S40 from the airport and S35 from Miraflores to the airport. My apartment doorman explained this is the standard rate and arranged my taxi for me when I went to the airport last week. It's S40 from the airport because the drivers pay a S5 airport fee. If you are going to Barranco, add about S5-7. The driver will try to convince you it's "very far" from Miraflores, but taking a cab on the street from Miraflores to Barranco usually cost me S5 and no more than S7.

Oscar3
11-23-10, 10:23
I tries to find leads and answers in this by thr searchengine, but it is to many reports to go thru, I put it here:

I have a concern about payment for apartment. The person that rent out the apartment I'm interested in want me to pay a part in advance, with Western union. It's okay but how do I proceed from here?

- Is her name enough?

- How can I secure this money? (that when I come, I don't have a contract for apartment and the person "the name" says "it was a payment because I liked her so much")

Does anyone have any experience? Or is it just to take a chance, work or not?

How do you usually do?

Thanks for your help.

Steven Jones
11-23-10, 23:22
Sounds a bit suspect to me, I'd use a legit website, and always pay on credit card, so at least it can be traced and pulled back if needs be.

I tries to find leads and answers in this by thr searchengine, but it is to many reports to go thru, I put it here:

I have a concern about payment for apartment. The person that rent out the apartment I'm interested in want me to pay a part in advance, with Western union. It's okay but how do I proceed from here?

- Is her name enough?

- How can I secure this money? (that when I come, I don't have a contract for apartment and the person "the name" says "it was a payment because I liked her so much")

Does anyone have any experience? Or is it just to take a chance, work or not?

How do you usually do?

Thanks for your help.

Oscar3
11-24-10, 00:23
Sounds a bit suspect to me, I'd use a legit website, and always pay on credit card, so at least it can be traced and pulled back if needs be.Thanks Steve, yes I thought it was a little strange, but she seems to be honest and sincere in the conversation (maybe everyone that have been fraud, say´s the same).

I wrote back with your proposal.

Globe Trotter
11-24-10, 14:36
Thanks Steve, yes I thought it was a little strange, but she seems to be honest and sincere in the conversation (maybe everyone that have been fraud, say´s the same).

I wrote back with your proposal.

I moved to Lima 1 1/2yrs ago and had the same issue. I strongly suggest if you really want the apartment, before you send any money you ask them to send you a copy of their DNI (Peruvean Identity Card ) both front and back. That way you can at least verify that the person you are sending money too is the same and also ask for a copy of the apartment ownership and if there is a problem you can go to the police with it.
If they are legit then they will have no problem sending you the copies.

Personally, I think you are safer by selecting your apartment once you are here, there are plenty available in Miraflores at resasonable prices. You do not need to panic if you don't have one reserved by the time you arrive. I found mine after 20 apartment views over 2 days, it was easy..

Lima Busy
12-01-10, 17:09
Peruvian police this week discovered the body of a woman who was murdered in August in Lima’s notorious Lurigancho prison, according to daily El Comercio.
The body of Lesly Paredes, 22, was uncovered in the cell of Jason Staling, a 32-year-old Dutchman who has been in prison since May 2009 on drug trafficking charges.

Paredes had been in a relationship with Staling and was visiting him in August when they got into a violent argument. Staling allegedly confessed to strangling Paredes in his cell, where he hid her.

Authorities only became suspicious three months after the crime due to a strong smell coming from Staling’s cell, where they found Paredes’ body this past weekend after knocking down a bench-type wall.

The head of Peru’s National Penitentiary Institute (INPE), Wilson Hernandez, said security at the prison is the responsibility of the national police, which should have noticed that Paredes did not leave the prison.
Lurigancho has been described as one of Latin America’s most dangerous prisons, ranking second to the Santa Marta prison in Mexico. Lurigancho currently houses approximately 8,000 inmates. It was originally built to house up to 2,000.

Over the past week, two other cases have demonstrated the challenges in the prison and general lack of control by authorities, who are frequently changed.

On Monday, El Comercio reported that an inmate who recently entered the prison was stabbed to death four days ago in one of the pavilions. Police have not provided further information on that murder, the daily reports.
Also last week, an inmate was seen talking on a cell phone during a visit from Justice Minister Rosario Fernandez and Health Minister Oscar Ugarte.

Oscar3
12-11-10, 11:09
Thanks Globetrotter.

I didn's saw this ad, and the last day I COULDN'T log in? I don't know if it was just me? Anyway, am in place, was lucky with the apartment and already mongered; will tell more of that in a later mail.

I moved to Lima 1 1/2yrs ago and had the same issue. I strongly suggest if you really want the apartment, before you send any money you ask them to send you a copy of their DNI (Peruvean Identity Card) both front and back. That way you can at least verify that the person you are sending money too is the same and also ask for a copy of the apartment ownership and if there is a problem you can go to the police with it.

If they are legit then they will have no problem sending you the copies.

Personally, I think you are safer by selecting your apartment once you are here, there are plenty available in Miraflores at resasonable prices. You do not need to panic if you don't have one reserved by the time you arrive. I found mine after 20 apartment views over 2 days, it was easy.

Mr Enternational
12-24-10, 06:15
A few days ago my number 1 enamorada in Lima was assaulted. She is a manager at an international accounting firm. She was at a traffic signal in broad daylight and there was a lot of other traffic as well. A guy broke her passenger side window, grabbed her by the hair and demanded her purse. Well she keeps her purse in the trunk. The only thing that was close was her Blackberry so he took that and ran. It is a damn shame too. Do you know how long it took her to upgrade that damn phone. For years she had been carrying around an ancient artifact that she could not even text from. With all the other people around no one tried to do anything to help. I am just glad she is okay.

Member #4351
12-24-10, 15:00
Yes, unfortunately that is par for the course here in Lima (Puno is another story). In Lima no one interferes. They just watch the show. Something to be said for many parts of the USA where every other driver is probably armed and would love the excuse to blow away one of these assholes.

Maxx
12-27-10, 01:25
I've been checking out the photo gallery and it seems like a lot of the girls in Peru have natural pussy hair. I love this and want to find a place where I can experience this without looking too hard. I've only fucked one chick with a natural Bush, and it was just by luck. A korean chick in an AMP. With regular girls, including my current gf, she refuses to grow it in past a weeks growth. I don't like extremely hairy girls, like the hirsuite websites. I just want a nice natural triangle.

I'm from NY and I can pretty much travel anywhere, but I speak spanish and would feel most comfortable in Latin American / Caribbean. Peru is a bit far though, so don't bother mentioning Thailand or the Phillipines. I've seen that Cuba is good for natural Bush, but I don't know if I want the hassle with the embargo situation. Can anyone give me some advice? Also, I think that most pros anywhere probably shave, so I'm probably looking for a place where most regular non-pro girls don't shave, and are obtainable by a decent looking American tourist. Thanks for your input.

Artisttyp
12-27-10, 02:03
I've been checking out the photo gallery and it seems like a lot of the girls in Peru have natural pussy hair. I love this and want to find a place where I can experience this without looking too hard. I've only fucked one chick with a natural Bush, and it was just by luck. A korean chick in an AMP. With regular girls, including my current gf, she refuses to grow it in past a weeks growth. I don't like extremely hairy girls, like the hirsuite websites. I just want a nice natural triangle.

I'm from NY and I can pretty much travel anywhere, but I speak spanish and would feel most comfortable in Latin American / Caribbean. Peru is a bit far though, so don't bother mentioning Thailand or the Phillipines. I've seen that Cuba is good for natural Bush, but I don't know if I want the hassle with the embargo situation. Can anyone give me some advice? Also, I think that most pros anywhere probably shave, so I'm probably looking for a place where most regular non-pro girls don't shave, and are obtainable by a decent looking American tourist. Thanks for your input. Peru is an excellent place for hair. Be warned though that sometimes it comes at the price of hygiene. Asia should be a gold mine for you. China perhaps? Mexican women like Bush too if you like the dark indian chicas.

I prefer neatly trimmed pubes but I rarely find them.

Maxx
12-28-10, 02:05
Mexican women like Bush .Really? I thought they believed he was an arrogant asshole like most people around the world!

Tomasb
01-26-11, 23:43
I recently met a woman who is Peruvian but has lived in the US for the past several years. Since an American friend of mine knew about this woman, he forwarded her contact information to me. I called her and arranged to meet at a local bar / restaurant in my home city in the US. When I entered the bar at the arranged time, I did not see her but quickly received a phone call from her telling me that she was seated in the restaurant side of the bar. I then went over to her realizing that I was on the potential hook for a meal plus drinks as she professed how hungry she was.

I was curious how she got into the US as the visa difficulties are so complex nowadays. She told me that she had married an American guy, (they are now divorced) who lived in Peru at the time and then she moved with him back to the states. Plus, she has two kids by him -- a 7 and a 10 year old. This was totally new information for me. Also, her husband took the 7 year old's passport as he thinks that she will return to Peru with the kids and never look back.

After getting stuck with the bill for dinner, she gave me a ride home and wanted a look see inside my house. However, after a short tour of the house, she got a call that she needed to pick up her kids. I walked her to the car and barely received a kiss on the cheek. Then she suggested that we take a walk in a nearby park someday (with her two KIDS!).

This morning I received a call from her but she hung up before I could answer. Isn't that what Peruvian woman do in Peru? Call and then hang up to save on the minutes? Anyway, I found the whole situation rather humorous. Needless to say, that was the beginning and the end of our 'relationship'.

Kngdf5
01-27-11, 06:06
This morning I received a call from her but she hung up before I could answer. Isn't that what Peruvian woman do in Peru? Call and then hang up to save on the minutes? .Yes, they do it hoping you'll call back and pay for the minutes. You can take the woman out of Peru, but you can't take Peru out of the woman.

Anneelke
01-29-11, 18:42
If you have aussie dollars that you want to change into Peruvian Soles, you may want to bring it with you if available from aussie banks.

I found only two money changers at the baggage collection area. One did not take aud and the other one is only offering 1. 6 compared to 2. 7 for USD.

Even Interbank branch in miraflores which was open on a Saturday did not accept aud.

Another option maybe to use the atm and withdraw soles and hope that the exchange rate is close to parity with the USD.

Pinche Gringo
01-30-11, 04:22
I would just use your ATM card. I have found in my travels through Peru that the best rates come from ATM machines. Problem is that many only allow you to take out 700 soles at a time.

Sly One
01-30-11, 09:55
If you have aussie dollars that you want to change into Peruvian Soles, you may want to bring it with you if available from aussie banks.

I found only two money changers at the baggage collection area. One did not take aud and the other one is only offering 1. 6 compared to 2. 7 for USD.

Even Interbank branch in miraflores which was open on a Saturday did not accept aud.

Another option maybe to use the atm and withdraw soles and hope that the exchange rate is close to parity with the USD.AUD$ are NOT ready excepted or changeable anywhere in South America.

If you are lucky to find a place that will except them the exchange rate will be very poor when compared to the readily accepted UDS$.

I can tell you that from personal experience the exchange rate with your credit / debit card will be fine.

But. Depending on the bank you use. (I have NAB) the you will find when you get home that you have been slugged $AUD 9 per Atm transaction for use of a international ATM

Sly

Bunny Hunter
01-30-11, 16:55
I recently met a woman who is Peruvian...I did not see her but quickly received a phone call from her telling me that she was seated in the restaurant side of the bar...told me that she had married an American guy, (they are now divorced)...a 7 and a 10 year old...After getting stuck with the bill for dinner, she gave me a ride home and wanted a look see inside my house. However, after a short tour of the house, she got a call that she needed to pick up her kids. I walked her to the car and barely received a kiss on the cheek...This morning I received a call from her but she hung up before I could answer...They never, ever change. She's looking for a provider and testing you every step of the way.

Will he buy me dinner even thought that was not the original plan? Check.

Can I tell him that I used a gringo to get in his country, but keep him hanging around for the night with him thinking he might get lucky sometime in the next month? Check.

Can I get inside his place and see if he really owns anything? Check.

Did he agree to meet with me to walk with my two kids from the first gringo I punked, even after my girlfriend called me with our pre-planned "bail out after checking out his house" call? Check.

As you noted, you are wise to avoid this one!

Tomasb
01-30-11, 18:35
That's a funny check list and I got a chuckle out of it.

I also forgot to mention two other things. Inside my house, she picked up a business card that was sitting on my table and then flipped it over to read the back of the card. She asked me what the card was for. Huh? The card was only for my hairdresser and the back was for the appointment time. Can you imagine going to someone's house for the first time and doing something like that? When we were leaving my house, she stopped for a second as it was dark outside, to count the number of houses from the corner to my house. So I suspect she is a screen scratcher too.

After receiving another call from her with no message the next evening, I sent her an email telling her that I had some unresolved personal issues and could not see her again. Though I failed to mention, she was the 'unresolved personal issue'.

They never, ever change. She's looking for a provider and testing you every step of the way.

Will he buy me dinner even thought that was not the original plan? Check.

Can I tell him that I used a gringo to get in his country, but keep him hanging around for the night with him thinking he might get lucky sometime in the next month? Check.

Can I get inside his place and see if he really owns anything? Check.

Did he agree to meet with me to walk with my two kids from the first gringo I punked, even after my girlfriend called me with our pre-planned "bail out after checking out his house" call? Check.

As you noted, you are wise to avoid this one!

Anneelke
02-01-11, 03:23
Have tried to RTFF but cannot find anything using the Search Feature.

Just came across this website link and info:-

http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/advice/Peru

Peru is listed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as endemic for yellow fever. Some airlines may require passengers to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate before being allowed to board flights out of the country. If in doubt, check with your airline.

If you have visited Peru in the last six days prior to your date of return to Australia, Australian Customs officials will ask you to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate on entry into Australia.

Cheers for any assistance.

Globe Trotter
02-01-11, 13:46
Have tried to RTFF but cannot find anything using the Search Feature.

Just came across this website link and info:-

http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/advice/Peru

Peru is listed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as endemic for yellow fever. Some airlines may require passengers to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate before being allowed to board flights out of the country. If in doubt, check with your airline.

If you have visited Peru in the last six days prior to your date of return to Australia, Australian Customs officials will ask you to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate on entry into Australia.

Cheers for any assistance. You will need a Yellow Fever Certificate for visits to Brazil if you are coming from Peru, some other countries ask for it only if you admit to having been in the Jungles of Peru (Amazon, Iquitos area etc).

Suggest you get the shot in Australia before you leave, as it is harder to find it once you are here. They will give you a document that is like a passport and is good for I believe 10 years. Carry it with you whenever you travel otherwise will be a pain in the ass.

Hope this helps.

Globe trotter

Shipibo
02-01-11, 14:17
You can get a shot at the airport. I don't remember the cost, but it's not too bad. Of course nothing is required for the US.

Member #4351
02-01-11, 15:29
Just for entry into Brazil. If you are going to be visiting the amazon region you might want to get the shot just in case, but its no big deal. When I went to Brazil I stopped by the Hospital Santa Rosa on Ave. Bolivar in Pueblo Libre where the shot was cheapest.

Sly One
02-01-11, 16:12

Cheers for any assistance.Yes, I get asked for it evrytime at customs when I return to Oz. 4 times + per year.

Once you get it, it is good for 10 years as long as you don't loose the documentation.

If you haven't got it they call a doctor and inject you at the airport.

Cost unknown but I bet it isn't cheap. I also bet you will be kept waiting for a hour or more until the doctor arrives. E.

If you came here without your Yellow fFver shot. I strongly suggest Get it now?

If you want to get into Australia hassle free.

Sly

Samu Ray
02-01-11, 20:12
For those mongers on budget, on my last visit to trocadero I ran across a fairly attractive working girl at this place.

She doesn't rush, it was decent screw! For 45 soles including entrance fee, to me it had been a good deal!

April, room four.

Anneelke
02-02-11, 13:34
Went there yesterday afternoon.

Malecóand Balta 956, Miraflores, Apartado Postal 132.

In and out in under 30 minutes. Need to take photo I'd with you.

Take a number out of the machine and wait, paid 74 flores, got the jab of Stamaril and they give you Certificate valid for 10 years.

http://www.yellowfever.com.au/vaccine.html

Yes, I get asked for it evrytime at customs when I return to Oz. 4 times + per year.

Once you get it, it is good for 10 years as long as you don't loose the documentation.

Cost unknown but I bet it isn't cheap. I also bet you will be kept waiting for a hour or more until the doctor arrives. E.

Sly

DownUnderMonger
02-02-11, 16:17
Yeah but the hassle is a whole 5 minutes though.

I haven't had yellow fever injections as its like a course of 3.

They give you this form that you have to show your doctor if you develop a bunch of symptoms in 7 days or whatever. I've had a few of them, nothing too exciting.

Yes, I get asked for it evrytime at customs when I return to Oz. 4 times + per year.

Sly

Member #4351
02-02-11, 16:33
Yellow Fever is only one shot. I think you are getting it mixed up with the Hepatitis series.

Bunny Hunter
02-03-11, 14:47
You will need a Yellow Fever Certificate for visits to Brazil if you are coming from Peru, some other countries ask for it only if you admit to having been in the Jungles of Peru (Amazon, Iquitos area etc).

Suggest you get the shot in Australia before you leave, as it is harder to find it once you are here. They will give you a document that is like a passport and is good for I believe 10 years. Carry it with you whenever you travel otherwise will be a pain in the ass.

Hope this helps.

Globe trotterYou'll need it to go to Costa Rica directly from Peru.

Anneelke
02-09-11, 05:21
Will see how Brisbane goes.

Went there yesterday afternoon.

Malecóand Balta 956, Miraflores, Apartado Postal 132.

In and out in under 30 minutes. Need to take photo I'd with you.

Take a number out of the machine and wait, paid 74 flores, got the jab of Stamaril and they give you Certificate valid for 10 years.

http://www.yellowfever.com.au/vaccine.html

Shipibo
02-09-11, 15:52
You can get the Yellow Fever shot at the Lima Airport. They have a 24 hour clinic. I once flew from Lima to Sao Paulo and left my yellow certificate at my hotel, and they wouldn't let me on the airplane without it. Ran over to the clinic and made my flight on time. So I had two shots within 2 weeks. No problems. You don't need it entering the US.

Hasideas Tao
03-20-11, 02:46
I would just use your ATM card. I have found in my travels through Peru that the best rates come from ATM machines. Problem is that many only allow you to take out 700 soles at a time.This post reminded me of a great deal I just discovered. THought I would share.

Capital One Bank:Went into a branch office. They are running a promo: open a debit account, get $200 for making two debit purchases in the first month. No fees. NO INTERNATIONAL CONVERSION CHARGES in South America. Only pay ATM fee to the bank who opperates the ATM machine. Seemd like a great deal for travelers. The most I ever attempted to debit in one day in S. A. Was $500 USA.

(Please help: how do I prvent ISG from automatically logging me out?)

Mr Enternational
03-20-11, 14:52
It's time to start bringing cash into Peru and exchanging it for Soles. The ATM in Polvos Azules charged me S / 10 for a withdrawal the other day.

Screwed Up
03-26-11, 23:48
It's time to start bringing cash into Peru and exchanging it for Soles. The ATM in Polvos Azules charged me S / 10 for a withdrawal the other day.That was probably a Globalnet ATM? Try BCP.

Lima Busy
04-07-11, 21:41
I was having drinks down at the "old pub" with 10-12 guys who are currently in town and only a few of us were aware of "Ley Seca". As this is an election weekend all bars will be shut down and liquor sales are banned. Forewarned is forearmed!

Mtkman
04-08-11, 15:57
I was having drinks down at the "old pub" with 10-12 guys who are currently in town and only a few of us were aware of "Ley Seca". As this is an election weekend all bars will be shut down and liquor sales are banned. Forewarned is forearmed!I am in Lima 3 days from this morning. Since I arrived at DRY season, is there anything to do as replacement? I would buy a drink if someone wants to join me, but don't know where; (

Send me PM if anyone wants to meet and find some workaround for those 3 days!

Member #4351
04-25-11, 01:49
There was an article on this place in today's Sunday paper here in Lima. Once in awhile forum members ask about intensive Spanish classes, this seems to be an interesting alternative. Plus the Director, Kathy Mujica, is a babe: http://www.hispanaidiomas.com/

Steven Jones
04-25-11, 22:47
Thanks David, might give that a go for my next trip.

There was an article on this place in today's Sunday paper here in Lima. Once in awhile forum members ask about intensive Spanish classes, this seems to be an interesting alternative. Plus the Director, Kathy Mujica, is a babe:

http://www.hispanaidiomas.com/

Fred Gold
04-27-11, 05:46
In general, do people want to paid in USD or Soles?

If USD, what are good denominations to bring singles, fives?

Truckman
04-27-11, 15:54
I find it much easier and cheaper to pay in Soles. Dollars are easily converted to Soles with the cambio guys on the street in Miraflores. Bring only fresh unmarked bills with not even the slightest tear or mark or the cambio will not accept them.

The best exchange rates that I have found are in the casinos. They will give you a slightly better exchange than the cambo guys. If you are in a casino get a couple of hundred exchanged. I have a slightly more secure feeling there than on the street where passerbys can witness the exchange.

Artisttyp
04-27-11, 17:03
Lima is loaded with counterfiet money. Become very familiar with the bills and coins before you change money. Even at the bank! Most people will try to give you false 5/2 soles coins. Don't be afraid to say NO THANKS. Cabbies try to push them on everybody.

I smell my bills right in front of everbody. The response I get is " ah tu conoces Lima muy bien".

Dollars are worth crap for the most part. Who the hell wants to be payed in a fluctuating third world currency? Soles is where it's at.

Hasideas Tao
04-29-11, 19:45
Well this is not very encouraging. What does it smell like? Puta?

In Colombia I got a few coins that were supposedly no good. Not counterfeit, just no longer accepted as valid currency. And they have so many different coins, I had no way of knowing.

Lima is loaded with counterfiet money. Become very familiar with the bills and coins before you change money. Even at the bank! Most people will try to give you false 5/2 soles coins. Don't be afraid to say NO THANKS. Cabbies try to push them on everybody.

I smell my bills right in front of everbody. The response I get is " ah tu conoces Lima muy bien".

Dollars are worth crap for the most part. Who the hell wants to be payed in a fluctuating third world currency? Soles is where it's at.

Artisttyp
04-29-11, 19:59
Well this is not very encouraging. What does it smell like? Puta?

In Colombia I got a few coins that were supposedly no good. Not counterfeit, just no longer accepted as valid currency. And they have so many different coins, I had no way of knowing. It is nothing to fear but you definitely need to be aware of what is what. I would change around $100 the first time around and ask for different denominations to familiarize yourself with the money. Some of the fakes are fantastic.

1. Any money smells like money. Take out a dollar bill and take a whiff. Fake money is not printed
on the same paper.

2. Feel the bill. Run your fingers along the bills and feel for raised ink. You should be feeling some sort of texture not totally smooth.

3. Hold it up to the light and look for water marks and the gold trim in the middle. I think peruvian bills have the guys head on one side then a water mark of it on the other side. Not sure though.
4. 2 and 5 soles coins are what you will run up against the most. If it looks like a fake token it is not real. If you can barely see the artwork on the coin ask for another one. Usually the fakes are faded with only partial view of artwork.

So far Lima has been the worst place for this sort of thing in my latin american travels. Too the point where it gets annoying. You will get dooped a few times like I did but once you figure it out you won't.

Start off asking for SMALL bills. If you get a fake you lose very little. Maybe 20 soles bills.

One time the bank gave me a fake 50 soles bill that I tried to pass to a pfp chica. It was of exceptional quality so I thought she could pass it off to someone else. It worked but the cab driver that took her home figured it out and she came back to the hotel! I was a scumbag that day but I seriously thought she could slip it to someone else without them knowing.

I was a jerk. I will never do that again.

Mr Enternational
04-29-11, 22:41
2 and 5 soles coins are what you will run up against the most. If it looks like a fake token it is not real. If you can barely see the artwork on the coin ask for another one. Usually the fakes are faded with only partial view of artwork.On one of my first trips to Lima I tried to get change for S / 5 in the airport to use the phone. The lady who was giving me change recognized right off without looking at it hard that it was fake. She showed me the difference but I still could not tell. They looked exactly the same to me. It's like the fake one had (or didn't have) some little mark in the gold part. Anyway I thought who the hell would go through the trouble of minting a coin of such a low denomination, and who would even think to check. As in my country they never check anything lower than a $20 bill. They could give a shit about a $1 bill.

Member #4351
04-30-11, 18:35
In today's El Comercio (most important Peruvian Newspaper), there is an article about the new socialist mayor of Lima's proposal to establish a "Zona Rosa" in the city. In this area SWs; male, female and shemale, would be for all practical purposes left alone to ply their trade. The Peruvian National Sex Workers Organization estimate that there are around 15,000 chica streetwalkers at present in Lima. The article has a handy little map which shows where each type of SW can be found.

Artisttyp
04-30-11, 18:44
In today's El Comercio (most important Peruvian Newspaper), there is an article about the new socialist mayor of Lima's proposal to establish a "Zona Rosa" in the city. In this area SWs; male, female and shemale, would be for all practical purposes left alone to ply their trade. The Peruvian National Sex Workers Organization estimate that there are around 15, 000 chica streetwalkers at present in Lima. The article has a handy little map which shows where each type of SW can be found.Isn't that the case already with ave tacna and a few other areas? Even calle de pizzas is an area. I see cops and hookers all the time. Its funny though how they went after the san jose brothel and left the street action alone.

Are they planning on doing what mexico does by arresting anyone doing it outside of said areas?

Depending on where and how they do it that zona could be extremely dangerous. All the rateros of Lima in one general area knowing people brought soles to party.

Great news if it works out to our benefit though. Lima has been stagnant in the pfp department for years. I only caught the tail end of it and that was over 5 years ago.

Member #4351
04-30-11, 19:04
They periodically round up everyone, and there is constant harassment by the serenazgo. They shake down the girls, or load them all into trucks and leave them in the middle of nowhere. This is how it has always been. According to the article the zone would be regulated and protected. It would be called a "zona de tolerancia". It might be in a park or a special avenue and the SWs would receive medical assistance and lectures.

Soft Bob
04-30-11, 23:43
Do the pharmacies in Lima sell Viagra and Cialis or the generics without a prescription?

Is it reasonably priced like in Costa Rica or Thailand?

Pinga
05-01-11, 16:34
Do the pharmacies in Lima sell Viagra and Cialis or the generics without a prescription?

Is it reasonably priced like in Costa Rica or Thailand? All pharmacies sell generic Viagra without prescription. A 100mg tab will run you 2-3 soles. It is also possible to get the brand name though not all stores might have it at 28-35 soles per tab. Cialis is harder to get.

Member #4351
05-02-11, 01:04
Cialis is in the major pharmacy chains. Last I checked it was between $7 and $8 a tablet. Higher price because there is no generic available as in the case of viagra (sildenafilo). As far as Cialis is concerned, I purchase my supply here: http://www.generic4all.com/ Always delivered to USA address quickly and with zero hassle.

Soft Bob
05-03-11, 16:58
Thanks Pinga and David_33. That is good to know. I like Cialis and there is a generic in Costa Rica but generic viagra will be fine.

I will try to contact you David_33 when I know my plans.

Thanks again.

KingLouis
05-14-11, 12:11
I think this is my first post? Surfer over from myredbook in SF referred me to David over here. (Thanks Surfer.) This'll be my first trip to South America!

I tried to book an apartment per the suggestions on here but my gf who works in Lima was not having it. So. Does anybody here have experience with the Thunderbird Fiesta Casino Hotel? I'd be bringing a girl or two up during the daytime since the SO will be with me during the evening. I'm thinking I could still change to the Doubletree, but those rooms don't have kitchens.

Anybody have any favorite lunch spots?

John Gault
05-14-11, 18:25
I think this is my first post? Surfer over from myredbook in SF referred me to David over here. (Thanks Surfer.) This'll be my first trip to South America!

I tried to book an apartment per the suggestions on here but my gf who works in Lima was not having it. So. Does anybody here have experience with the Thunderbird Fiesta Casino Hotel? I'd be bringing a girl or two up during the daytime since the SO will be with me during the evening. I'm thinking I could still change to the Doubletree, but those rooms don't have kitchens.

Anybody have any favorite lunch spots? I would be very careful useing the Thunderbird Fiesta Casino Hotel. It could very well be that your GF has friends working there. Why else would she not want you to stay in an apartment? This is really true if she sugested this hotel to you. Latin women have networks that are awesome in these matters.

Member #4351
05-14-11, 20:45
Good point John, I mentioned this to him in a PM. Unfortunately we North Americans are often naive when it comes to Latinas' "modus operendi". I will be surprised if he will be able to get any on the side.

Dornyone
05-14-11, 20:49
Good point John, I mentioned this to him in a PM. Unfortunately we North Americans are often naive when it comes to Latinas' "modus operendi". I will be surprised if he will be able to get any on the side.Seems a 2nd room in a different hotel is called for once all the "ducks" are in a row.

Member #4351
05-14-11, 21:01
Check the room rates.... not a cheap place to stay. Better to escape to a ST place like Grimalni's on Ave. Arequipa.

Sly One
05-15-11, 01:51

Anybody have any favorite lunch spots? I wrote about this before.

The problem with this place is as you have already mentioned is that it has a casino attached.

You think Thunderbirds are going to put their multmillion dollar casino operaton and license at risk because a one off guest wants to get lucky with a girl.

I don't think so.

But if you are super discrete you may get away with it?

I published a list of Girl friendly hotels and apartments some time ago in the hotel section.

An apartment is definitly the way to go if your stay is longer then a week.

Sly

KingLouis
05-15-11, 09:27
Thanks Sly. Yeah, I had seen that post. Do you guys have any tips for being "discrete?" I'm thiking if I leave the hotel to meet her, then bring her back up I might be okay.

I wrote about this before.

The problem with this place is as you have already mentioned is that it has a casino attached.

You think Thunderbirds are going to put their multmillion dollar casino operaton and license at risk because a one off guest wants to get lucky with a girl.

I don't think so.

But if you are super discrete you may get away with it?

I published a list of Girl friendly hotels and apartments some time ago in the hotel section.

An apartment is definitly the way to go if your stay is longer then a week.

Sly

Sly One
05-15-11, 13:12
Thanks Sly. Yeah, I had seen that post. Do you guys have any tips for being "discrete?" I'm thiking if I leave the hotel to meet her, then bring her back up I might be okay.Depends on many factors.

The girls dress.

Her conduct.

The way she talks.

Her age.

In general how much attention you draw at check-in.

At end of the day you will get away with bringing one girl up to your room as your girlfriend or wife but multiple girls at one time or multiple girls over a week you will find soon will become a problem for you and the hotel.

You will also find that each girl will be required to sign in at reception and must have her DNI (I'd Card)

Without it she will not be permitted entry.

You may also find you are charged an extra guest fee so check the hotel policy.

Listen to what the locals say and find an apartment (first choice) or girl friendly hotel (second choice).

If indeed you intend to do alot of fucking. With different girls.

However, If you intend to spend the whole time with your girlfriend you met on the net.

It doesn't really matter where you stay?

If your girl friend is insisting on you staying there. She must have a reason?

Maybe a friend of hers works there, so the friend can keep an eye on you?

Or

Perhaps she is getting a kick back from the hotel?

Or

She intends to spend alot of time in the casino with your money?

But it just doesn't sound right?

As there are alot of better options than Thunderbirds Casino as far as hotels go in Miraflores, especially in terms or price and girl friendlyness.

But it is your vacation, Your call and Your money.

Enjoy it how you want!

Sly

KingLouis
05-16-11, 01:41
Well. It not so much that she chose this specific hotel. She's a colleague / gf and we are on the road a lot normally staying in hotels. I'm in Vegas a lot, so I'm used to having a casino around where it's normally not an issue to bring girls up.

I maybe have to find a reason to move over to the Doubletree. Man, should've pushed for that one if I had only known sooner.

Thanks.

Depends on many factors.

The girls dress.

Her conduct.

The way she talks.

Her age.

In general how much attention you draw at check-in.

At end of the day you will get away with bringing one girl up to your room as your girlfriend or wife but multiple girls at one time or multiple girls over a week you will find soon will become a problem for you and the hotel.

You will also find that each girl will be required to sign in at reception and must have her DNI (I'd Card)

Without it she will not be permitted entry.

You may also find you are charged an extra guest fee so check the hotel policy.

Listen to what the locals say and find an apartment (first choice) or girl friendly hotel (second choice).

If indeed you intend to do alot of fucking. With different girls.

However, If you intend to spend the whole time with your girlfriend you met on the net.

It doesn't really matter where you stay?

If your girl friend is insisting on you staying there. She must have a reason?

Maybe a friend of hers works there, so the friend can keep an eye on you?

Or

Perhaps she is getting a kick back from the hotel?

Or

She intends to spend alot of time in the casino with your money?

But it just doesn't sound right?

As there are alot of better options than Thunderbirds Casino as far as hotels go in Miraflores, especially in terms or price and girl friendlyness.

But it is your vacation, Your call and Your money.

Enjoy it how you want!

Sly

Pinche Gringo
06-10-11, 23:10
Wow, this forum has been so silent. Nothing happening these days in Peru?

Sly One
06-11-11, 10:56
Wow, this forum has been so silent. Nothing happening these days in Peru?Its happening. I have just been too busy and lazy to write anything.

Sly

Pinche Gringo
06-11-11, 18:19
Since many of us can't find our way to Lima and the rest of Peru, we live vicariously through everyones' posts.

Imhitec
06-13-11, 11:02
I will be going to Lima the begining of July I think I get in Tuesday night. What are the good places to hit when I get there? What are the best clubs?

Sly One
06-14-11, 03:55
I will be going to Lima the begining of July I think I get in Tuesday night. What are the good places to hit when I get there? What are the best clubs?Http://www.InternationalSexGuide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=950160

Tequila Rock would be my choice on a Tuesday night.

Located behind the church in Park Kennedy in Miraflores.

Best time to get there 12. 00pm to 1. 00a. M.

Sly

Imhitec
06-14-11, 10:43
Thanks for the Tuesday heads up. Is this an adult club or dance club that anyone can go to? How far from the Marriott?

Kinda weird question but can you get some tailored suits made for better than USA prices?

Sly One
06-15-11, 05:00
Thanks for the Tuesday heads up. Is this an adult club or dance club that anyone can go to? How far from the Marriott?

Kinda weird question but can you get some tailored suits made for better than USA prices? About 10 blocks from the Marriot.

Tailored suits or a tailor can be found in the same area across from DOWN TOWN discotec a gay discotec in the sMiraflores.

Tequila Rock is best described as a Discotec with take away.

In the same area. You will find tailors. About $USD 50 for a tailored shirt.

I bought one suit from a ex president tailor so he claimed

Can't remember the price? But the suit wasn't that great.

Just a warning. Beware. Of Price and Quality.

So get at least 2 or 3 quotes. And check how many pockets you want to actual work?

Sly

Imhitec
06-18-11, 04:22
Have you ever tried http://www.peruvianvip.com/modelos.php And if so are they the real women in the pictures?

Sly One
06-18-11, 05:06
Have you ever tried.

http://www.peruvianvip.com/modelos.php

And if so are they the real women in the pictures?To anwser your question: I don't know personally know all of them. But I suspect that alot of photoshop was applied to the photos.

With photoshop even I look Hansom. Hahaha.

Sly

Truckman
06-30-11, 23:46
I found the following on a travel forum. Does any of the ex-pats in Peru know any more about this? If this is true or becomes law it will be a real pain for mongers to make contact or get messages from friends or chicas.

No More Cell Phones for Travellers in Peru.

There's been a recent change in the law in Peru. Now if you want to buy a sim card, or a prepaid cell phone, or even rent a cell phone for your time in Peru you can't. Phones won't be activated without a DNI or proof that you're a permanent resident in Peru.

Artisttyp
07-01-11, 02:25

Kinda weird question but can you get some tailored suits made for better than USA prices?Take it from someone who gets custom made things done in latin america. Don't do it. 99 percent of the time they don't have the same material or the employees change or they just can't get it together to do it right.

I never learn though. I found a great leather shop in mexico that has made numerous things for me in the past. This time around it was a disaster. I was out $280. Literally threw a leather vest in the trash.

Look at menswharehouse. com or even macys for a suit. I bought a donald trump brand suit for $99. Nobody would know.

Member #4250
07-01-11, 17:10
I found the following on a travel forum. Does any of the ex-pats in Peru know any more about this? If this is true or becomes law it will be a real pain for mongers to make contact or get messages from friends or chicas.

No More Cell Phones for Travellers in Peru.

There's been a recent change in the law in Peru. Now if you want to buy a sim card, or a prepaid cell phone, or even rent a cell phone for your time in Peru you can't. Phones won't be activated without a DNI or proof that you're a permanent resident in Peru.Yup, that the word going around. No more Spandex gitls at the airport jeje. Waiting to see how it plays out, means they will have to cancel tons of accounts. Could take a while.

If it is enforced, suppose a solution would be to get a Peruvian with DNI to start the account and hand it over to you, shouldn't be hard to find a willing one for a few soles. And other solutions out there?

Cosmic Kid
07-04-11, 19:02
Any of you brothers have any info / advice on making contact with pro and / or non-pro chicas in Pucallpa vicinity? I'll be staying nearby Pucallpa in Yarina Cocha for a month, middle of this month through middle of August. (I just joined this forum but have been a contributing member of the Honolulu usasexguide forum for a couple of years.)

Member #4351
07-05-11, 17:43
I didn't address the cellphone rumor because I was out of Lima. Just got back and asked my secretary who is in charge of our dealings with Claro to give them a call. I also asked the "spandex cell phone rental rip off the gringos" chica at the airport. Neither Claro nor the spandex girl knew anything about it. Things are as usual. This isn't to say that some weird law hasn't been passed and not implemented. But I doubt that the cell phone companies would let something like this happen without a fiight. If I hear anything else about the subject, I'll post the information. But as things stand now, no problem buying sim chips or cell phones just showing your passport as always.

Mr Enternational
07-13-11, 00:26
It's time to start bringing cash into Peru and exchanging it for Soles. The ATM in Polvos Azules charged me S / 10 for a withdrawal the other day.
That was probably a Globalnet ATM? Try BCP.Because the HSBC ATM (I have an HSBC account that I opened a few years ago specifically for using their machines around the world) in Miraflores was not working the other day, I used the BBVA ATM on Calle de las Pizzas and was charged S / 14. The machine did not mention this charge until after the withdrawl.

Member #4643
07-26-11, 13:52
I have posted this question elsewhere, but the Peru board is one of the best, and I do not want this to be missed by people in the know.

I am trying to decide where I should spend a week of mongering this fall. I like to have sex with non (or "semi") pros. Of course, non pros require time and effort, so I like to mix them in with pros, making a perfect vacation that typically leaves me exhausted and happy at the end.

There are places where meeting non pros is easy: the DR, for example. I have lots of experience there, and a non-pro can usually be found within a day or two of arrival (on my last trip, I arrived in Sto Domingo at 3 pm, fucked a part-time pro that I picked up at the beach in Boca Chica at 5 pm, picked up my girl whom I had met on Tagged at 7 pm, and fucked her by 8 pm; I picked up a total non pro in a bar two nights later. In between the two non pros, I fucked by novia twice and 4 more girls were P4P. 8 girls in 3 days with 14 sexual encounters. Good exercise at my age!). I do OK with non-pros in Brazil as well (I even have two non pros I see in Rio, which is NOT easy for pickups). But, after countless trips to the DR and Brazil, I am ready for something new.

I read on this board that Indonesia is great, and Jakarta is now at the top of my list followed by Manila. But, before I actually pay for the air, I am curious if anyone knows of any place where non pro action is even easier. Peru? Ukraine? Love tours in Medellin? Macau? Prague?

Where is the easiest place in the world to find and conquer non-pros?

Trust me, I have read the f-ing board, and I am very open to suggestions.

Member #4351
07-26-11, 15:33
Cebu, but you still should give them something. However its extremely bad form to post the same message all over the different boards. One on the "best country for STR" ( http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1075-What-Country-has-the-Best-Women-for-STR ) might have been a better idea.

Sly One
07-26-11, 19:05
Yup, that the word going around. No more Spandex gitls at the airport jeje.I pasted through the airport late last Wednesday night (12. 00 pm)

They are still there trying to rent the phones.

Garry

Jockey16
08-16-11, 05:25
I just got a warning message when logging in the site.

Has anyone else gotten the same?

".

Safe Browsing.

Diagnostic page for internationalsexguide. Com.

What is the current listing status for internationalsexguide. Com?

Site is listed as suspicious. Visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time (s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days. 1 page (s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-08-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-08-10.

Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit (s).1 trojan (s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process (es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain (s) , including loj7g. CZ. Cc, internationalsexguide. Info.

1 domain (s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including internationalsexguide. Info.

This site was hosted on 1 network (s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, internationalsexguide. Com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Regards.

Jockey16

Member #4250
08-19-11, 03:27
So. I hear the new mayor of Lima, she is stopping the s*x trade girls in the spas. Legit massajes OK but happy endings are apparently thing of the past. Say it ain't so.

Also she plans a red zone, well, rositaa zone

Member #4351
08-19-11, 15:43
I haven't heard anything about that. There are different types of massage places, some are straight massage (Windsor Baños Turco), some are just with happy endings (Virrey Spa on J. Prado next to McDonalds in San Borja), some are with oral (R & V), and some are full service (Cavin Spa). Check out Peru Tops for more details; http://perutops.com/foro-relax/f12/.

Kukulkan
08-21-11, 10:28
Peruvians Airlines FUCK us up REAL GOOD.

My two cents nuevos soles.

Kukulkan

Sly One
08-21-11, 21:34
"Peru's Transport Ministry suspended all flights by local carrier Peruvian Airlines after it failed to meet safety standards, daily El Comercio reported, citing a statement from the ministry.

The airline, the second-largest carrier in Peru after Lan Airlines SA (LAN) , has reported engine problems on two flights this year, according to the Lima-based newspaper.

Peruvian Airlines, which started operating in 2009 with a fleet of five Boeing 737-200 and 737-300 jets, held a 16 percent market share, El Comercio said. It's the third Peruvian airline to be shut down in eight years, the newspaper said."

As as luck would have it I was on one of those flights.

I was flying to Talara via Puira.

With a few chicas and a mate for a dirty weekend. Well 4 days.

The plane landed in Puira and we were informed that the plane had engine problems and we should all disembark.

Well after a 9 delay at Puira Airport we ended up catching the afternoon flight to Talara.

Our 4 day sex vacation was also cut by 1/2 day with no compensation.

The other guy just happened to be a pilot and plane entusiast.

He believed the plane was at least 24 yrs old. So not surprising the failure.

Still the airfare was $USD100 compared to Lans $240 per person and when there were in this case 6 of us flying, the difference soon adds up.

Just goes to show you usually get what you pay for?

Sly

Member #4351
09-13-11, 15:39
If you're into relax&vida and tequila rock and paying S / 300 for a chick, you know where calle pizza is (and David is the one to pm not me).Its not S / 300.

Budget and mid-range mongering are not mutually exclusive. I was the first on ISG to visit and report on the Troc as well as the late, great Hotel San Jose in La Victoria. Also please show where I make one positive comment regarding TR.

DownUnderMonger
09-13-11, 18:02
budget and mid-range mongering are not mutually exclusive.this is aimed at the readers not you. i wasted a fair bit of time last trip taking a few mongers who pm'ed me to the troc, only to hear a continous stream of complaints about the quality of the venue and being disgusted to a point they wanted to leave nearly as soon as they got there (ie. run down venue, smell of [CodeWord109] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord109) / urinals in the hall way, etc).

if you see most of the recent posts, nearly no one will discuss both a high / mid-venue and a chongo in the same post or even at all, which leads me to the belief if their previous trips or idea of lima only consist of higher end venues around miraflores, they will not be ready for troco (mentally that is) , while posts from a few years ago it was a regular occurance.

Member #4351
09-13-11, 20:50
I personally love to go to the Troc. The only reason I don't is because the traffic has tripled from when I used to go there. I like the ambiance.

DownUnderMonger
09-18-11, 06:41
La Sala | Casino Fortuna (http://www.casinofortunaperu.com/la-sala)

Can anyone shed light about craps at the Casino Fortuna in Lince?

Is it a soles casino? What are minimum bets?

The one thing I love about gambling in Lima is that it is like Las Vegas for the low bettor. It is so quiet you can play 1 on 1 blackjack with the dealer on a $2 or S / 5 table, or a roulette table by your self or shared by one other. And be offered food and drinks to keep staying.

Gary Groundwork
10-18-11, 09:24
I have posted this question elsewhere, but the Peru board is one of the best, and I do not want this to be missed by people in the know.

I am trying to decide where I should spend a week of mongering this fall. I like to have sex with non (or "semi") pros. Of course, non pros require time and effort, so I like to mix them in with pros, making a perfect vacation that typically leaves me exhausted and happy at the end.

There are places where meeting non pros is easy: the DR, for example. I have lots of experience there, and a non-pro can usually be found within a day or two of arrival (on my last trip, I arrived in Sto Domingo at 3 pm, fucked a part-time pro that I picked up at the beach in Boca Chica at 5 pm, picked up my girl whom I had met on Tagged at 7 pm, and fucked her by 8 pm; I picked up a total non pro in a bar two nights later. In between the two non pros, I fucked by novia twice and 4 more girls were P4P. 8 girls in 3 days with 14 sexual encounters. Good exercise at my age!). I do OK with non-pros in Brazil as well (I even have two non pros I see in Rio, which is NOT easy for pickups). But, after countless trips to the DR and Brazil, I am ready for something new.

I read on this board that Indonesia is great, and Jakarta is now at the top of my list followed by Manila. But, before I actually pay for the air, I am curious if anyone knows of any place where non pro action is even easier. Peru? Ukraine? Love tours in Medellin? Macau? Prague?

Where is the easiest place in the world to find and conquer non-pros?

Trust me, I have read the f-ing board, and I am very open to suggestions.Phillipines. They approach you.

Peru / Ecuador / brazil (not Rio) are all easy.

Medellin. Very hard to get HOT non pros now.

Mj In Jax
12-05-11, 16:16
http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_personas/special-offers/big-deal-sale-1/index.html?otid=602932&s_cid=US_EN_WM_Display_bigdealsale&forced_home=en/us

Member #4351
12-09-11, 00:09
Free Wi-Fi in four major Miraflores parks (including Parque Kennedy), beginning today.

Pablito
12-13-11, 12:42
Here is a little more info to add to this post:

http://www.internationalsexguide.inf.l=1#post575490

By Gonzo 3/19/07.

Address is Schell 280, unit 101. There is a little Claro booth out front. The owner speaks good english and is very helpful. He will test the SIM chip to make sure his service unlocked the phone before you pay the $40 soles.

There are actually two small Claro shops on that block that I assume sell SIM chips. A full service Claro shop is located at 882 Larco at the corner of 28 de Julio. Check the Claro Peru website for a full service shop near you.

As of 8/12/11 there are no problems with purchasing SIM chips or cel phones as rumoured. All that is required is your passport.

Thomas Crown
01-07-12, 18:40
ISG Members,

I wanted to send in another great review about Davids help on my trip thus far. He has gone out of his way to help me. Far and beyond what I could expect. So far I

Have enjoyed 2 beautiful latinas, both under 25, both extremely tight bodies, both true GFE, and both seem like everyday girls looking for some fun and a little extra

Spending money. This is how the cost breakdown works for me in Lima. I can either head over to Calle de las Pizzas and have dinner, hit up a bar for drinks, and maybe hit a disco looking for a girl. Or. I can see one of Davids friends. It works out to basically the same price breakdown. Its up to you.

Here is why David is awesome at helping out ISG Members.

1. He does exactly what he say he will.

2. His friends are hot, on time, with no drama.

3. He has a nice range of friends.

You guys need to book your trip to Lima, send a message to David, and experience this. Its great stuff.

TC

Satyr23
02-27-12, 23:43
ran across this article today. hopefully they clean up the **** bullshit, as it seems this might be a developing scene worth checking out. has anyone visited la merced or have any solid info on how things are right now? if anyone plans to tell me to rtff, cause there is some obscure mention of the place back in 2007, please stfu! and move on.

http://latinamericacurrentevents.com/la-merced-peru-underground-prostitution-in-illegal-bars-taverns/10627/

Member #4351
03-26-12, 22:45
As often happens, many members who haven´t RTTF mistake me for a servant/ lackey/ real estate agent/ tour guide and PM me a list of chores to complete for them before they arrive in Lima. The latest also asked for information regarding fishing trips. Unfortunately his message was one of an entire recent message page which I mistakenly deleted due to lack of inbox space. (If I haven't gotten back to someone, this is why). Since I am a nice guy I will now give him this link: http://pescaenperu.com/.

After I do help them out, these guys are inevitably among those who never bother to thank me (not necessarily on ISG, not even an SMS). There have been three of those in the past four days.

Hasideas Tao
04-02-12, 19:01
My personal observations. You have many rave reviews. I have not read any complaints. You explain that you are helping these girls by introducing them to us. And it also sounds as if you are kind of bitching about "us" and "laziness." IMPO it seems like you are in actuality helping these girls more than you are helping "us." I have no doubt that your stroke of altruism makes you feel good. Good for you! So why the attitude? Just acknowledge there are a constant flow of first graders entering the room, or you could gear your energy towards a more sophisticated prospect. Maybe help your friends put photos and videos on RL or CC? Just a thought which seems like something I would enjoy doing if I had those kinds of friends. Anyway, thanks for looking out for all us dumb asses.

As often happens, many members who haven't RTTF mistake me for a servant / lackey / real estate agent / tour guide and PM me a list of chores to complete for them before they arrive in Lima. The latest also asked for information regarding fishing trips. Unfortunately his message was one of an entire recent message page which I mistakenly deleted due to lack of inbox space. (If I haven't gotten back to someone, this is why). Since I am a nice guy I will now give him this link:

http://pescaenperu.com/

After I do help them out, these guys are inevitably among those who never bother to thank me (not necessarily on ISG, not even an SMS). There have been three of those in the past four days.

Member #4351
04-02-12, 19:40
. And it also sounds as if you are kind of bitching about "us" and "laziness." IMPO it seems like you are in actuality helping these girls more than you are helping "us."You got it. If it wasn't for all the girls who are studying thanks to forum members I wouldn't bother. Because among the guys who have it together and are actually capable of sending me the information I need, there are a bunch of idiots who are less intelligent then the first graders you mention and send building addresses without apartment numbers, get in touch with me an hour before they want a girl to show up, etc. etc.

Since I don't make money from what I do, all I ask is for guys to make my life easier by reading the sticky on my thread about the information I need, and give me that information. That's all. If for you, that seems to be "attitude", sorry. I guess you might as well just go back to the Medellin thread where you usually post.

Grrrr
04-04-12, 11:50
ISG Members,

I wanted to send in another great review about Davids help on my trip thus far. He has gone out of his way to help me. Far and beyond what I could expect. So far I

Have enjoyed 2 beautiful latinas, both under 25, both extremely tight bodies, both true GFE, and both seem like everyday girls looking for some fun and a little extra

Spending money. This is how the cost breakdown works for me in Lima. I can either head over to Calle de las Pizzas and have dinner, hit up a bar for drinks, and maybe hit a disco looking for a girl. Or. I can see one of Davids friends. It works out to basically the same price breakdown. Its up to you.

Here is why David is awesome at helping out ISG Members.

1. He does exactly what he say he will.

2. His friends are hot, on time, with no drama.

3. He has a nice range of friends.

You guys need to book your trip to Lima, send a message to David, and experience this. Its great stuff.

TCDavid sounds like a great guy. I'll look him up when I get to Peru next month. Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Member #4351
04-04-12, 15:33
I'll look him up when I get to Peru next month.Thanks for the kind words. Please note: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3191-I-will-be-out-of-Peru-during-the-month-of-April-until-almost-the-second-week-in-May.

Tarriqq
04-07-12, 03:09
Point BLANK! Where can I link up with two, I have been here 4 days just doing the tourist stuff. Tomorrow I would like to have fun.

Any friendly advice would be appreciated. Thank you. My birthday is Sunday & looking to have a good time.

Sean EZ
04-07-12, 18:11
Is there a nice beach a bus or train ride outside of Lima in April, crowded, safe, and with nightlife?. Thanks

XXL
04-16-12, 21:27
The Sol seems to be gaining ground against the dollar AND the Euro. It could be the start of a ride like the Brazilian Real. Is is much hassle for a non-resident to open a savings account in Lima? Is it even possible? Is there a high withholding tax? I've seen long queues outside banks in Miraflores. The impression is not one of efficiency. Also, would the Peruvians swap information with the country of residence?

Member #4351
04-16-12, 23:12
What you probably saw were lines of pensioners at the Banco de la Nacion getting their monthly payment. Other banks are exceedingly efficient, but of course depending on the location and time of day and date you might encounter some wait. That said I believe you have to have resident status to open an account.

Kngdf5
04-17-12, 10:52
Go to Interbank with your passport. But I wouldn't bet on the Sol. Peru is corrupt, and corrupt central banks like to print money. Just like the Jews who run the USA federal reserve.

The Sol seems to be gaining ground against the dollar AND the Euro. It could be the start of a ride like the Brazilian Real. Is is much hassle for a non-resident to open a savings account in Lima? Is it even possible? Is there a high withholding tax? I've seen long queues outside banks in Miraflores. The impression is not one of efficiency. Also, would the Peruvians swap information with the country of residence?

XXL
04-17-12, 17:40
But I wouldn't bet on the Sol. Peru is corrupt, and corrupt central banks like to print money.I'm not sure. After all, who would've bet on the Brazilian Real 10 years ago? Those who did more than doubled their capital, not to mention the accrued interests. I've heard Peru is selling commodities to China like never before. Remember the corrupt elites might fancy having a hard (er) currency at their disposal. Especially with the dollar and the euro being no safe havens any more.

Nyajoes
05-13-12, 22:26
Hi Folks,

I'm in Tacna, have been to some of the chongos and don't really like the slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am kinda thing. Was wondering if anyone has any local connections to the girls that aren't a part of the chongo scene.

Thanks in advance.

Cngrgo
06-22-12, 01:12
Lima seems very appealing because of the perfectly mild weather. Also Quito seems great in that respect as well.

What should I expect to pay for a 2 hour session or a TLN. For example if I used David_33's network?

A catalog wouldn't be necessary, just a general range.

I'm trying to find the best oceanfront place for short term stay.

Thanks

Sly One
06-22-12, 20:17
Lima seems very appealing because of the perfectly mild weather. Also Quito seems great in that respect as well.

What should I expect to pay for a 2 hour session or a TLN. For example if I used David_33's network?

A catalog wouldn't be necessary, just a general range.

I'm trying to find the best oceanfront place for short term stay.

ThanksLike anything else in life you usually get what you pay for.

I can't speak for the prices of Davids network.

But.

A 2-3 hour session with an attractive girl 20 to 28 yrs old chica will cost you about $USD 85 including taxi tip.

A TLN session say 8. 00 pm to say 8. 00 a. M will cost you about $USD140 including taxi tip.

Interesting if you choose to spend say 2 hours dining of the session.

The price does not change nor is the time usually extended.

The amount you pay is simply relative to the time you spend together.

But. If you go the the tourist rip off places like Tequila Rock or a Suits of Barranco.

It will may cost you 2 x or 5 x times the prices I have quoted here.

Try apartmentsclubperu for accommodation. Usually at least a weeks rental required to rent an apartment.

Sly

Screwed Up
06-26-12, 00:38
The Sol seems to be gaining ground against the dollar AND the Euro. It could be the start of a ride like the Brazilian Real. Is is much hassle for a non-resident to open a savings account in Lima? Is it even possible? Is there a high withholding tax? I've seen long queues outside banks in Miraflores. The impression is not one of efficiency. Also, would the Peruvians swap information with the country of residence?At Interbank it used to be possible to open an account as a foreigner without a DNI. You just needed 2 forms of I'd.

Interbank was the only bank that (still) allowed this.

However they stopped this anymore since last year. No luck.

Grrrr
07-06-12, 04:10
It's been a great time for me in Peru but it's not been without it's ups and downs, pardon the pun.

Indispursed with some mongering I've also had a few experiences with normal girls, three of which stand out. Chicka 1 I met through an Internet dating site called Oasis Active and have been out with her several times and still have not sealed the deal. Don't get me wrong, this is a really great girl and I like her a lot but I write this to detail that I must have spent at least 400 to 500 soles during these dates and haven't kicked a goal. Moral of the story. A hooker is cheaper and you'll have more time to yourself.

Chica 2 was also from OA. Not even 2 hours after I was chatting to her online she was knocking on my front door. Go team! The problem started when I opened the front door to discover a chica that looked nothing like her photos. Alright, a little like her photos, only 15 years older and 20Kgs heavier. To make matters worse she was trying to convince me to take her to Iquitos with me the next day. Aaaaaghhh!

Chica 3 was the female friend of some gay dude I started talking to at a bar on Av Berlin. He invites her along, clearly setting us up and as usual over here the guy pays for everything. There ain't no feminists here insisting on paying their own way. Get your wallet out. I should add that this chica is only about a 5 and I only went along with all this because I had a day or so of back pressure. Anyway, as it turned out we went to a couple of clubs, including Dragon in Barranco, which was great, and not only did I pay for the drinks, but also the entry for both her and this gay guy. Over the corse of the night me and there was a lot of kissing and hugging and it seemed I was in. Right until I started talking to someone standing next to us. During this 10 min conversation said chica obviously did not appreciate not being the center of attention and hooked up with another guy. Fuck! This night must have cost me about 300 soles. What would it cost to get a shark from TR? At least you'd get layed!

So what I suppose I'm saying is that you are actually better of just paying for sex if that's what you are really after. The truth of the matter is that despite shooting fish in a barrel with the P4P chicas here, it's there is a certain amount of fun in chasing normal girls. Just think of it as problem gambling. Sure you hit the jackpot occasionally, but most of the time you simply flush money down the toilet and slink off home, by yourself.

And finally, after being one of only a few contributors on the Peru thread for the last month or so, you won't hear any more from me on here as I'm heading home soon. Hopefully you lurkers that are using the information provide by this site can step up to the plate and share your thoughts and experiences.

Hollywood124
08-17-12, 08:36
Hello and thanks to everyone for helping feel at home in Lima, Peru!

After a very difficult flight through Mexico City, Mexico on Aeromexico (I will never take Aeromexico again!"Long lay over and the hassle of going through Mexican customs who are looking for their next victim to pay the "Mordida" or Bribe!" And no, I did not give that MF not one red cent!) I made it to the Lima airport. The Lima airport was a total Madhouse with only four immigration officers for hundreds of travelers. Next, I went through customs and was chosen to x-ray my luggage. No problems at the x-ray machine and was waved on. Finally, I went out to see where my taxi that my hotel had ordered for me was. My taxi was not there! So, I waited about 15 minutes and finally my taxi arrived. It was drizzling so the driver took his time to get to the hotel. So I think it was around 03:00 (am) when we arrived at the hotel. I was hungry, and I did not know where to eat so I went down stairs to the hotel bar and ordered two sandwiches. I did not have any Peruvian Soles and the girl said I could pay with US Dollars. So I gave her a $20. 00USD bill. She said the $20. 00 bill had a tiny cut in it and said that she could not accept it. I then told the girl that I would go across the street to the ATM at the bank and would be back in a second. (I guess in Peru, they do not accept any bills that are not perfect). (But the next day I changed that same bill at the money exchange next door to the hotel). Conveniently a manager said I could charge the two sandwiches to my room. It was around 05:00 (am) when I finally went to sleep. I was totally exhausted!

The next day, I spent several hours at the Claro cellphone store which was 2 blocks away. There were two long lines outside the store which were more than 25 feet long, one for service and one to pay for the cellphone minutes. So, after a couple of hours I finally had my SIM card and minutes and had my cellphone working. (My phone was a cheap Samsung unlocked quad band from Amazon. Com). I was still Jet-lagged from the previous day and it seemed like Murphy's Law was happening to me. (Murphy's Law is: what can go wrong, will go wrong!) And I could not lose the Jet-lag feeling to top it off.

I then called David_33 and exchanged pleasantries and he then set me up with Chicka#1 a Peruvian-Japanese.

Chicka#1 was very nice and pleasing although not quite my type. 22 years old, she was very short and a little overweight. I like very slim and trim ladies. The next day, I called David_33 and he set me up with Chicka#2. Wow, she was more my type, about 5'1' and 95 pounds and just turned 24 years old. Chicka #2 was really a GFE and If I have the funds I will be back very soon to see her!

Although my hotel let my ladies enter my room with just a copy of their I'd, next time I will stay maybe at one of David_33's approved apartments. It would be less hassle and cheaper.

I did notice that the prices for everything were much more than in Hollywood and the quality of everything was very poor. I guess there are no Costcos or Walmarts in Lima. And that got me thinking, since David_33 did not take a commission from me maybe next time I will ask David_33 to take maybe half of the girls payment so he could live better in such an expensive city. David_33 did not charge me for all of his time and effort! David, I'll bring you some 'Goodies' from back home next time. And please accept them as I hear you do not want anything from the members.

The Peruvian people were very nice to me and always smiling. Try finding nice and smiling people in Panama, Mexico City or many other places in Latin America! Lima, Peru is one of the best places that I have ever been to and I have been to many places in the Americas, Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia.

All in all, the six days I spent in Lima was a wonderful experience that will definitely be repeated! I'll try to stay longer as the stress of Jet-lag is difficult to get over from such a long trip. Thanks once again for David_33's kind help and the friendship of his lady friends.

See you all soon,

Hollywood

Mr Enternational
09-21-12, 00:52
For quite a while I have watched other currencies rise and fall against the US dollar. During ths time the Peruvian Sol has remained constant at 2. 61 and is now at 2. 60. Have they pegged that shit to the $ without me knowning about it or something?

Member #4351
09-21-12, 05:48
The Banco Central has been buying and selling trying to keep the dollar more or less steady. But they just started a new "freer floating" policy last week which means we might begin to see more volatility in the currency.

Stones
10-07-12, 04:47
I have a question for you guys who know Lima well.

Are there banos turcos or spas with nice facilities in Lima where you wouldn't necessarily have to take a girl or where you could get a more or less legitimate massage and then steam, use the pool ect? I have been to the dutch mixed saunas in Amsterdam and I love that atmosphere. Also possible I might want to take a girl from outside and use the facilities.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

DownUnderMonger
12-10-12, 16:49
Yep.

Go to a non-sexual sauna. Like Banos Turkos Windsor in San Isidro or Palace in San Borja. I love the setup of Peruvian saunas, I miss the smell of Eucalyptus leaves in the steamroom, the dark rooms with soft deckchairs to sleep in (love the service of the staff tucking you in in towels for a short nap) and the feast of food available in the restaurant.

The saunas are sort of mixed, there is a male and female section (well Windsor is). The only sexual one at that level would be SMIK in San Isidro. But expect to pay an arm and a leg for anything there.

Ask the girls on a date, they might say yes LOL. I dated a couple of sauna girls that worked in non-sexual joints.

I have a question for you guys who know Lima well.

Are there banos turcos or spas with nice facilities in Lima where you wouldn't necessarily have to take a girl or where you could get a more or less legitimate massage and then steam, use the pool ect? I have been to the dutch mixed saunas in Amsterdam and I love that atmosphere. Also possible I might want to take a girl from outside and use the facilities.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

AmadouGrand
03-01-13, 01:51
I have never had a problem with my credit card in over 40 countries including my first trip to Peru. Now that I moved here for work both a mate of mine and I have had our cards swiped or scanned or whatever they do racking up thousands in clothes at these boutique chica shops in the states. Be warned this happened to both of us in San Isidro over the past month we think as that is where we use the card machines the most.

Take care,

MW

Vitold
07-04-13, 20:43
Hey guys!

Can you suggest please some inexpensive drug like Kamagra (Sildenafil Citrate). Can they be freely sold in Peru or Bolivia. What are brandnames? Or may be there are some local drugs with the same effect?

Thanks!

Sly One
09-01-13, 01:38
Go to youtube search " Don't Drive Here Lima Peru 1"

Watch the first 3 minutes and you get an idea of what to expect.

Sly

El Lobo Solo
10-20-13, 00:32
The Sol seems to be gaining ground against the dollar AND the Euro. It could be the start of a ride like the Brazilian Real. Is is much hassle for a non-resident to open a savings account in Lima? Is it even possible? Is there a high withholding tax? I've seen long queues outside banks in Miraflores. The impression is not one of efficiency. Also, would the Peruvians swap information with the country of residence?The authority to sign a contract. That means going to the immigration office and getting a special rider for your visa that grants you the authority to sign contracts in Peru for the duration of your visa (I think it's still true). The fee used to be $50.00 US. You can easily look this up on the Peruvian government site. I looked into this several years ago, even consulting an abogado (lawyer). However, the only bank I really wanted to do business with (BCP) didn't want my money unless I had resident status. I wanted to deposit $50,000 (yes dollars) and they weren't even interested.

At that time both Ripleys and Falo banks would accept the deposit, but I am nervous about uninsured bank accounts. Both Ripleys and Falo are Chilean companies, Peru has NO (as in NONE) insurance for your deposits. So any money you put into a Peruvian bank has to be something you can afford to never see again! I can't emphasize this enough. Unless you can afford to lose it all I would suggest you get used to the pitiful return you get from US banks, or try a more developed country with bank deposit insurance.

The bank officers I met with in all of these banks just smiled when I asked about deposit insurance. They simply said, if the bank runs into trouble, it will freeze its assets, or the government will freeze its assets. You can imagine that you might grow old and die waiting for anyone in the government or the banking system to give a tiny little turd for an extranjero's bank account in such a situation.

Member #4351
10-20-13, 11:16
Peru has NO (as in NONE) insurance for your deposits. So any money you put into a Peruvian bank has to be something you can afford to never see again!Not true. Insured up to 92,904. 00 soles now. Not much for a rich American, but probably covers the majority of Peruvian deposits: http://www.fsd.org.pe/paginas/06-Monto-maximo.html

El Lobo Solo
10-20-13, 14:00
Not true. Insured up to 92, 904. 00 soles now. Not much for a rich American, but probably covers the majority of Peruvian deposits:

http://www.fsd.org.pe/paginas/06-Monto-maximo.htmlIt always is a hard sell to get my Peruvian friends to put their money in a bank because of the generations of mistrust. It goes without saying that without any deposit insurance, people will usually just hide their money and that doesn't help the economy grow. Of course, if you get too much money in the bank maybe it will attract unwanted government attention!

The most important consideration is whether or not you believe that Peru will continue to make the astonishing progress it has been making for almost ten years now. God I hope so!

PeruYYo
10-20-13, 20:34
not true. insured up to 92, 904. 00 soles now. not much for a rich american, but probably covers the majority of peruvian deposits:

http://www.fsd.org.pe/paginas/06-monto-maximo.htmlyes, they are insured, with limits, but still it has been long since time to diversify out of the banking system. if you do not, you risk inflation, confirep001ion and bail-ins. my feeling is it is better to be in tangible assets; not necessarily to speculate, more as an attempt to store value. personally, i decided to give up some short term liquidity for long term storage of value. ymmv, but i do wish everyone the best of luck as we proceed down the rabbit hole!

cheers,

pyy

Member #4352
10-28-13, 15:17
This summer I went through some of the mentioned procedures. Here is my current knowledge:

With the tourist visa and the "permiso para firmar contratos" you can open bank accounts at HSBC and Banco Fianciero both in Dollars and Soles. You will receive a Mastercard Debit Card but you can also apply for a credit line. After 12 months of "good behavior" you will have the possibility to apply for a mortgage loan. Both banks provide online access including transactions.

The August 2013 interest rates on a saving account were:

2% on USD

3% on Soles.

The withholding tax for non-residents is 30.

It is no problem to hold real estate in Peru as a foreigner. Renting income is taxed at 30% for non-residents and at 5% for residents. You have the possibility to grant the renting income to a resident.

The authority to sign a contract. That means going to the immigration office and getting a special rider for your visa that grants you the authority to sign contracts in Peru for the duration of your visa (I think it's still true). The fee used to be $50. 00 US. You can easily look this up on the Peruvian government site. I looked into this several years ago, even consulting an abogado (lawyer). However, the only bank I really wanted to do business with (BCP) didn't want my money unless I had resident status. I wanted to deposit $50, 000 (yes dollars) and they weren't even interested.

At that time both Ripleys and Falo banks would accept the deposit, but I am nervous about uninsured bank accounts. Both Ripleys and Falo are Chilean companies, Peru has NO (as in NONE) insurance for your deposits. So any money you put into a Peruvian bank has to be something you can afford to never see again! I can't emphasize this enough. Unless you can afford to lose it all I would suggest you get used to the pitiful return you get from US banks, or try a more developed country with bank deposit insurance.

The bank officers I met with in all of these banks just smiled when I asked about deposit insurance. They simply said, if the bank runs into trouble, it will freeze its assets, or the government will freeze its assets. You can imagine that you might grow old and die waiting for anyone in the government or the banking system to give a tiny little turd for an extranjero's bank account in such a situation.

PeruYYo
11-01-13, 06:34
Great info. Thanks!

Question: What passport did you use to open your bank accounts? (ie which country)

Thanks!

PYY

This summer I went through some of the mentioned procedures. Here is my current knowledge:

With the tourist visa and the "permiso para firmar contratos" you can open bank accounts at HSBC and Banco Fianciero both in Dollars and Soles. You will receive a Mastercard Debit Card but you can also apply for a credit line. After 12 months of "good behavior" you will have the possibility to apply for a mortgage loan. Both banks provide online access including transactions.

The August 2013 interest rates on a saving account were:

2% on USD

3% on Soles.

The withholding tax for non-residents is 30.

It is no problem to hold real estate in Peru as a foreigner. Renting income is taxed at 30% for non-residents and at 5% for residents. You have the possibility to grant the renting income to a resident.

Sly One
11-01-13, 16:37
Great info. Thanks!

Question: What passport did you use to open your bank accounts? (ie which country)

Thanks!

PYYAny passport will do.

Sly

PeruYYo
11-06-13, 02:55
Any passport will do.

SlyAs an American citizen, I have found IME, (due to all the new FATCA nonsense) it a non starter to open a checking account there.

Anyone else from the USA here have that problem?

Thanks,

PYY

PeruYYo
11-06-13, 19:19
Crackdown?

http://peru21.pe/actualidad/prostitucion-negocio-rentable-colombianas-peru-2155999

Aunsa
03-18-14, 20:43
Traveling to Peru for the first time for work for 1 month from next week. Lived in Colombia and Brazil before, so understand Latin America to a certain degree. Anyways, wanted to know what is the best site to join for dating, there are a few I have found, but wanted to know what is the best. Also, wanted to know if the women are fairly easy to go on dates with

Cheers!

Boone
03-25-14, 02:24
There is a Scotiabank ATM in the Wong supermarket in Larcomar.

Cons68
07-23-14, 18:34
I can not speak in David's name but generally anyone sharing contacts is more keen on helping a girl than helping a "bro". As a rule I really do not care at all about other posters here, I care about the girls though as they provide me with a service I appreciate. I hope you will excuse me if I seriously doubt that you care about me, someone you have never met before. I fully realize that if you share a contact with the girl you will be more concerned about her than about time.

I do not think David has an "attitude". He is in fact providing a service for free. Something that, as far as I can see, you are not doing. If you do not like it you are totally free to, well, not use his services. Again, I ca not speak in his name, but I think he can survive that.

I fully understand David's frustration with what we, the Humble Hard-Working Peasants (HHWP) in the UAE forum, call "managerial class" . He states some simple rules to make simpler for him to provide his service, rules that are really easy, simple and reasonable.

I plan to be in Lima probably in September / October and is more than likely that I will contact David. I for one appreciate his efforts even if he is not taking my best interests as his best priority.

My personal observations. You have many rave reviews. I have not read any complaints. You explain that you are helping these girls by introducing them to us. And it also sounds as if you are kind of bitching about "us" and "laziness." IMPO it seems like you are in actuality helping these girls more than you are helping "us." I have no doubt that your stroke of altruism makes you feel good. Good for you! So why the attitude? Just acknowledge there are a constant flow of first graders entering the room, or you could gear your energy towards a more sophisticated prospect. Maybe help your friends put photos and videos on RL or CC? Just a thought which seems like something I would enjoy doing if I had those kinds of friends. Anyway, thanks for looking out for all us dumb asses.

GirlFriendly
09-08-14, 06:20
Gents,

(and ladies if appropriate) After a rather in depth perusal of all the great comments on this forum, I have decided to visit Lima for my very first mongering expedition ever! I am late fifites, recently divorced and looking outside the USA for my future. Lima is high on my list, now, after reading the comments. Sounds like the place is a little slice of Latina heaven. At any rate, I am also doing research on not just Lima, but the whole country and it seems the place has a lot to offer. I am limited as to time, yet would like to see something of the country as well as play in Lima.

Are there services that cater to the touristy person who also happens to want a feminine touch / travel companion? There is a forum page entitled Lima Newby tour where they describe a full tour of Lima sexy spots. Does anyone offer such services now-a-days? Like a sex tourism company?

I want to surf, so I am thinking maybe Mancora or a beach area in the north, get a nice apartment, and hang out with some of the local talent. Or should I bring some with me from Lima for a 2-3 day stay? I was originally thinking Machu Pichhu, but I heard there are other less crowded Inca ruins to see. Again, is there a tour agent who could also find weekend companions for my stay? I also want to see the jungle, as I have heard that the jungle ladies are of a particularly high level of friendliness.

David seems to be the man to hook people up with quality fun, in Lima. Will his ladies work a little further afield also? I just wonder if having a girl or girls that really does it for you isn't somehow a better overall experience? What's your opinion? I guess everybody has their "preferences".

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me. When I get closer to my visit date, I will buy a membership and communicate directly with people via PM.

Muchas gracias!

GF

Member #4351
09-08-14, 15:39
First, pay Jackson his $19.95 so you can send and receive PMs.

Generally once you get out of the big city (Lima), girls are more conservative. Everyone knows what everyone else is doing in the provinces and the girls generally won't want to ruin their reputation hanging with a tourist for a few days. As in the Philippines, it is recommended that you meet some girls in Lima and if you get along together you invite her to travel with you. Any sex tourism company will probably take you to the cleaners (if they even exist; against the law).

Gents,

(and ladies if appropriate) After a rather in depth perusal of all the great comments on this forum, I have decided to visit Lima for my very first mongering expedition ever! I am late fifites, recently divorced and looking outside the USA for my future. Lima is high on my list, now, after reading the comments. Sounds like the place is a little slice of Latina heaven. At any rate, I am also doing research on not just Lima, but the whole country and it seems the place has a lot to offer. I am limited as to time, yet would like to see something of the country as well as play in Lima.

Are there services that cater to the touristy person who also happens to want a feminine touch / travel companion? There is a forum page entitled Lima Newby tour where they describe a full tour of Lima sexy spots. Does anyone offer such services now-a-days? Like a sex tourism company?

I want to surf, so I am thinking maybe Mancora or a beach area in the north, get a nice apartment, and hang out with some of the local talent. Or should I bring some with me from Lima for a 2-3 day stay? I was originally thinking Machu Pichhu, but I heard there are other less crowded Inca ruins to see. Again, is there a tour agent who could also find weekend companions for my stay? I also want to see the jungle, as I have heard that the jungle ladies are of a particularly high level of friendliness.

David seems to be the man to hook people up with quality fun, in Lima. Will his ladies work a little further afield also? I just wonder if having a girl or girls that really does it for you isn't somehow a better overall experience? What's your opinion? I guess everybody has their "preferences".

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me. When I get closer to my visit date, I will buy a membership and communicate directly with people via PM.

Muchas gracias!

GF

Albert Punter
09-09-14, 02:35
I was originally thinking Machu Pichhu, but I heard there are other less crowded Inca ruins to see.

Other ruins you mention are probably those around Cuzco.
However Machu Picchu is a MUST see and in my opinion a tourist in Peru shouldn't miss it.

GirlFriendly
09-09-14, 03:06
Other ruins you mention are probably those around Cuzco.
However Machu Picchu is a MUST see and in my opinion a tourist in Peru shouldn't miss it.You are probably right. I suppose if I go in the off season it might not be so crowded. Maybe in February? I read that the Inca Trail is closed in February. I was looking at Kuelap up near Cajamarca, as an alternative. Maybe a weekend up from the beach and see some of the highlands. Got to go surfing while I'm there and Mancora sounds down right sexy.

David, thanks for your input that is very helpful. Do you know any surfer chicas? Haha. But could such a thing as a Girlfriendly Tour business be illegal there? I mean no disrespect, but I read about all the different sexually oriented businesses there and it fairly boggles the mind that in a country where Prostitution is legal, that such a thing would be illegal. I mean look at the map that Mr. Sly made up showing a fair density of sex biz in and around Lima, right?

You know, something I did notice was the complete lack of Hotels with fun loving chicas hanging out in the hotels bar. Or all inclusive resorts like some of the places I've seen advertised in the Dominican Rep. Is that not done in Lima? Yet you have Tekila Rocks famous take out? Where's the difference? Is it because Tekila is a Nightclub and a hotel bar would be more visible? Not sure if I understand what the difference is between the two?

Well, it's all part of the learning process. I want to be prepared when I get there, so I don't screw this up. And thanks to you all for your help. I genuinely appreciate you taking time to help me sort this out.

GF

Mango Head
10-17-14, 21:39
Not sure of this is a question or a warning. But just wondering if anyone has had this experience.

On arrival at LIM I went to take a few soles out of an ATM in the arrivals hall after customs. It was a freestanding yellow ATM machine. It let me enter my pin and the request, and then just sat there for a while before reverting to "insert card for service" mode and never gave me any cash. My driver said it was normal, and that it was probably out of money and not to worry.

On checking my bank balance, however, I notice that it charged my account, even though I never got any cash.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are the ATMs at the airport to be avoided or did I just have some bad luck?

Thanks,

Mango

Sly One
11-03-14, 22:43
Yep got me for $USD200 too.

But not at the Airport at Interbank.

The ATM said No money but the $USD200+ fees were debited from my account.

I complained to my overseas bank and never heard back.

Sly

Not sure of this is a question or a warning. But just wondering if anyone has had this experience.

On arrival at LIM I went to take a few soles out of an ATM in the arrivals hall after customs. It was a freestanding yellow ATM machine. It let me enter my pin and the request, and then just sat there for a while before reverting to "insert card for service" mode and never gave me any cash. My driver said it was normal, and that it was probably out of money and not to worry.

On checking my bank balance, however, I notice that it charged my account, even though I never got any cash.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are the ATMs at the airport to be avoided or did I just have some bad luck?

Thanks,

Mango

Albert Punter
11-04-14, 02:48
Had used those ATMs a couple of times but fortunately I was able to get cash. Probably it was just bad luck.

Thanks,

Mango