PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Admin
05-14-02, 04:38
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Johan007
07-07-02, 21:41
Guys,
if you can read some spanish...this is a great site for the sex action in Peru.

http://www.perusex.net/

Johan007
07-09-02, 21:52
Hi,

TO ALL YOU HORNY, STUPID, NIAEVE, ASSHOLES OUTTHERE:

STOP PAYING US PRICES IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!!!

YOU MUST BE FREAKING MAD TO PAY 500 us FOR A WH*RE IN PARAQUAY!!

THEY JUST RIP YOU OFF......NEXT TIME THEY'LL CHARGE YOU 1000 us AND YOU STUPID FUCKS PAY IT.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YU GUYS??? UNLESS YOU AREN'T HAVING HUGE BEERGUTS,160CM AND OVER 45 YEARS NOBODY SHOULD PAY THIS AMMOUNT OF $$$.

I MEAN EVEN IF SHE IS A 9 WITH A GOLDEN PUSSY SHE IS NOT WORTH MORE THEN 100 US FOR A WHOLE NIGHT!!!!!!!

DO YOU STUPID MORONS KNOW WHAT AN AVERAGE WORKER MAKES IN A COUNTRY LIKE PARAQUAY???

IN LIMA YOU CAN FUCK A REALY PRETTY CHICA FOR LESS THEN 100 DOLLARS ALL NIGHT!!!!!

STOP FORCING UP THOSE PRICES!

Johan007
07-17-02, 22:20
Hi Rushlaw,

You definately have a GREAT advantage iF you speak fluent spanish!!!!! You could pick up amateur girls easely. Try the many DISCO'S out there....it starts thursday night....untill sundays. monday and Tuesday SUCKS...wednesday is 50-50...but thursday is completely fiesta time for the chicas.

If you realy are in for the non-pro action (like me) you can knock yourself out in Lima....:-) The city has about 8 mil. people and rarely sleeps.

Try to avoid MIRAFLORES for non-pro's....change is great that you run into some stuck up,high attitude SNOBBY BITCHES!!!

That wuld be MY advise. personaly I like the plain women more. Charapita's (jungle girls)...are the best, They are F****g hot dude!!!They blow your dick witout condom...woweeee:-) I am sure if you add up some $$$ you can even fuck em without....but that is TOO risky for me man...;-) It would never fuck a girl without condom.

Hotels....if you don't go to any of that 80 $ a night shit you should be fine. Barranco's a good place. You are having a good "centred position" there. You are quicly in Miraflores, Surco, San Borja .....

Look into the older reports on street action. BEWARE there are some TV's active in Lima...!!!! Mainly on calle Arequipa..but also in other area's. Ask Nibu about it.

Do NOT...I repeat NOT pay more then 10-20 US $ for a hotel. I paid 12 bucks and it was ok. clean sheets,non-stop security and cable TV. For prices on Girls you shoud look the older reports here.

During the daytime there are walking real FINE goodlooking bitches in Miraflores.....I bet it is easy to pick em up if you speak good spanish.

Peru girls have TITS....AND ASS....:-) And firm legs...I like that.
Brasillian girls maybe are prettier but they do NOT have any BOOBS!!!!:-( Besides that my Portugese sucks..LOL.

Johan.

Octatron
12-07-02, 02:21
Hey Guys

As far as Peru is concerned. Where is the best beach? That would also include being able to go in the water, and picking up chicas sunbathing as well.

I'm guessing up North?

Johan007
12-16-02, 14:30
Guys,

IF You are realy into beach life (like me) I seriously think Peru is NOT your place to be (with all respect).

Brasil, Costa Rica, DR, hell even Cuba are better places on that subject then Peru!!

Offcourse the Bahamas or Jamaica have great beaches aswell......but regarding the ho's and general prices there I wouldn't recommend you guys to go there. Unless ofcourse your last name is Trump or Gates.....;-)

But that is MHO.

Johan.

Vagringo
12-20-02, 03:59
hey guys correcct if i am wrong jg arent you the one always complaining and never adding anything postive to this site yes i did my homework then riddle me this how about a unbiased standard report of you getting laid by a peruvian chic.the senior members are why i have deceided to go to lima not you jg your totaly a bs artist who makes me laugh .whats the deal about travel between lima, cusco and other s planes trains and buses

Octatron
12-20-02, 15:09
Regarding VAGringo's post.

I am very interested in how to find Train and bus schedule info?

Don't want to use all my free miles on one vacation, you know.

Johan007
12-22-02, 20:49
about Bus rides in Peru:

last time I was there in June a Busride from Lima to Cuzco lasted about 26 hours and costed about US $ 12,-(one trip)
But the ride is bumpy and not realy comfortable...:-( Make sure you'll speak some spanish;-)
Take ypur own food/drinks with you..!!

Plains: Personaly I think they are rip offs....a ticket to Cuszco will cost at least US $ 150,-....so that makes 300 back and forth from Lima.
Hotels in Cuzco are also more expensive then in Lima.(US $ 25,- for modest hotel) Prices in high saison are dubble or even more:-(
besides that I think Cuzco is realy overrated. Girl scene is not even 20% from what it is in Lima...that's for sure.

You get heightsick for sure. chew on some coca leaves if you land and drink coca tea. Beware...do NOT take that shit back to the states or Europe....!!! you can get in prison for it.

If you are a backpacker or a guy with LOTS of time take the BUS.
If you only can stay 10-15 days in peru...take the airplaine.

During my stay in Lima a 4 day trip to Cuszco and Macchu piccu would have cost me about US $ 550,- or slightly more...on planefair,food,hotels,trainride,entrance in Machu piccu etc...
That amount of money seemed ridiculous to me for only 4-5 days....that's why I stayed in Lima.....:-)
I didn't had the time/money for that Macchu piccu thing.. If you can stay a month...take the BUS;-) it saves lots of $$$.

Johan.

Vagringo
12-23-02, 10:51
ok thanks for travel info now is it worth going to (puno-- lapaz or bypasit all together since i wll be in cusco for the spanish classes I am taking. thought I could go a few days --oh yeah guys early --mid march are my plans - forget a 26 hour bus ride thanks

Member #3407
12-25-02, 17:34
In my humble opinion, Cuzco rules!

Johan, the airfare from Lima to Cuzco is only $70 via Aerocontinente. So thats $140 roundtrip, not $300. In addition, the hotels can be as cheap as Lima, and I only paid $9 (not $25) for a nice room with private bath and breakfast included. I had an american friend who was paying only $7. Also the hotel was close to the Plaza and had a nice little electric heater as it's cold at night in Cuzco. You are right about the altitude sickness. I didn't feel right for about 3 days (headaches and fatigue). They say you should drink lots of coca tea to recover quicker. Johan, I don't know how you would manage to spend $550 in 4 days! Even the tours were economical. An all-day Sacred Valley tour for $12 and an afternoon City Tour for $6 (I took the spanish-speaking tours with GatuTours which is the best company). I made the 4 day hike (Camino Inka) to Machupicchu which included everything (transportation, food, camping equipment, tour guide, porters, etc.) for only $150 (this included the $50 hiker's entrance fee to Machupicchu and $30 Backpacker Train fare). Food was cheap too. The "menu" (meal of the day) is only 4 soles (about $1) at many restaurants in Cuzco. The more economical restaurants are near the market where you can pay 2.50 soles for an entire meal, drink included. With respect to transportation, Cuzco is cheaper than Lima in that the basic taxi fare is only 2 soles. Most fares in Lima will be in the 5 - 15 soles. All in all, Cuzco can be as cheap or cheaper than Lima. Write me at [Email address deleted by Admin] and I can give you more specifics on hotels, restaurants, tours, etc.

Johan, with respect to the girl scene in Cuzco. I really had my hands full. I couldn't begin to handle all the wonderful cholitas I met. I bet they would even like a "big dutchman" like yourself as long as you speak a little spanish.

With repect to speaking spanish, this is the real key. Being a non-native speaker of castellano, I have been working on my spanish language skills for many years. Recently, I came across some excellent spanish language resources on the web (Kazaa, newgroups, etc) that really helped. One is called Pimsleur. They are 4 courses (Spanish I, II, III, and Spanish Plus). There are no books, just audio. In no time you will be speaking spanish like a pro! Also, check out the spanish course by Michel Thomas. It is similar to Pimsleur in that they are no books but concentrates more on grammer and verbs. Both are excellent and will really help develop the language skills you need for girlfriend action.

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to removal of email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please use the Forum's Private Messaging system to communicate directly with other Forum Members. Thanks!

Member #3407
01-05-03, 17:54
I got the following email and thought the group might be interested in my response:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dan,

I read your report on Iquitos and Cuzco on the WSG site.
I would like to go. I have been to Lima. How would you compare
the chicas of Iquitos and Cuzco to the ones from Lima? Are
you able to send me any pictures so I can get an idea.
You say it's real easy to pick up the girls in Iquitos.
Which clubs do you recommend? Thanks very much.

Roy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Roy,

To answer you questions about the chicas of Iquitos, Cuzco, and Lima, I would rate those of Cuzco as the best. They seem to be more responsible and faithful. This has been my experience with women from smaller towns in the mountains in other parts of latin america (e.g. DR, Venezuela, and Mexico). However, they might be a little harder to get them into your bed, being interested in more solid relationships. The chicas in Iquitos are by far the easiest to meet and screw. They are extremely promiscous by any measure. The downside is that they are constantly changing boyfriends and the corresponding higher risk of STD. With respect to Lima, as you know it's a typical big city with every type of women imaginable. I minimized my time there and really only had a chance to meet a few limeñas, but my impression is that they are the most dangerous to have a relationship with. Violent crime is virtually nonexistent in Iquitos, but common in Lima (and to a certain extent in Cuzco). You never know what you're getting into with a woman, but my impression of Cholitas is that generally you can trust them as compared to Charapitas (e.g. Iquiteñas) or Limeñas.

With respect to pictures, are you asking for photos of my girlfriends? You are starting to sound like Nibu who is always asking for pictures of my Cholita's tits. The Cholitas typically have more indigenous (Indian) blood. If you like white women, you should stick more with Limeñas (or Charapitas). However, they all seem to be mixed to a certain extent.

With respect to clubs in Iquitos, I mentioned quite a few of them in my Iquitos posts. Just remember that they are constantly changing. For example, Papa Pirañas is dead now, but popular just a few months ago. You'll have to rely on the locals after arriving for info on the latest and greatest disco. With respect to a great place to pick up Charapitas, visit Agricolabanc. It's huge, partially outdoors, and has peruvian bands. You will have no problem meeting chicas there.

Roy, could you give us your impression of limeñas and tell us about some of your experiences there? And don't forget the pictures so we "can get an idea."

Good Luck,

DanDaMan

Vagringo
01-06-03, 16:08
well hells bells I am all set will be in cartegena then peru nibu i see on the panama site you ask alot of questions .I will be there 1 day so I will be your guiena pig .hey dave 33 leave your e-mail wanna write you .nibu never writes back .so I will start in cart and baq columbia on feb26-panama march 5 and with you guys 6-17 ---- what i had to do to find these airline connections almost 2days work the web sites suck called airlines direct after i learned flight timess peru rules

Vagringo
01-07-03, 11:30
hey guys Iam 33 I live in dc area do security in latin bars fell For chicas3 years havent been with a white girl since Nibu i wrote you 1 a week you must be chasin 2 much cat .I have been on probation for dui last year i was at mardi gras with a columbian chic from miami hey now I love peruainas but i must see cartegena, first lets plan a trip maybe summer thisyear. iquittos is out my amigo is having a kid late march Im the padrino haffta get back on the 19 march. any way dave 33 write me wanna scope some novias with ya well we should all start a peruaina marriage or tour service alot in columbia I heard. well guys write me when you can vagringo@att.net exc

Vagringo
01-09-03, 20:32
well just my opinon but columbia seems to be more laid back that is why i am going but dave lets not forget peru its like a fuckin 25hr party the way you and nibu explain it but yes columbia is like a underrated or underdog every one loves it that i have seen their posts. now honestley youand nibu have different tastes nibu likes his a littel on the trashy side but i am also going to peru after cartegena so peru is the main event also alot of non-pros in columbia

Vagringo
01-23-03, 17:33
hey guys awnser me this in peru when i call they have 2 phone rates a 8 cent also a rate about 17cents for something called a celluar rate does that mean when I call from usa the caller is the only 1 charged not the onethat has the cell phone taht is the way I see it

Incaroca
01-24-03, 00:20
Hi!!

Heres a good recomendation...If you want to "prepare" your trip to Peru, you can check this site "WWW.CYBERCUPIDO.COM". Its a pen pal club free, easy to use, a with thousands of girls from Peru (and also from other latin countries). If you talk and write spanish is a good begin. If you are a westerner it would be easy receive answers.
Good luck!

Piloto
01-28-03, 01:54
VAGringo,

In Peru, if you buy a prepaid cell phone you only pay for the outgoing calls. Whoever calls you to your cell pays for the call, thats why the cell rate exists.

Member #3407
01-31-03, 18:37
Piloto,

Can I use my cell phone from the US and buy phone cards in Peru to receive and make calls? Any idea how much they cost.

By the way, I read some of your posts and it seems you had good luck with girlfriend action and avoided the overpriced *****s. Did you ever meet up with Nibu? If so, what happened?

Thanks,

DanDaMan

Piloto
02-01-03, 19:26
Dan. unfortunately you cant use your US cell phone in Lima, what you can do is buy a phone card in any street stand, they are very cheap, approx. 20 minutes to US for 10 soles ($2.50). Also, any internet place will let you make phone calls for approx 1 sol per minute.

Nibu, sorry I didnt call you when I was there but, I honestly didnt have time... I didnt even have time to call some of the girls I met in my first trip and they are really pissed...

Play2
02-02-03, 02:50
(1) Okay, I'm planning out short trip out to Lima and Cuzco at the end of March. If anyone has any suggestions of places that I have to hit, places that they want more reports on, -or- places that they don't know about but have heard great things about, I'll try to see what I can do. Let me know.

(2) I'm neither a supporter nor an antagonist of anyone on this board. However, I felt that I need to speak up a little and just let my thoughts be known. LET'S STOP IT WITH PUTTING DOWN OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD - THIS GOES BOTH WAYS.

(a) Now, I'm not going to go into finger-pointing (no names in this post), but I will state that we should all post freely and, if you have anything against the manner in which another member posts, unless what they're doing is truly out of the rules, just e-mail them personally rather than wasting our time in having to read your arguments; if you truly unable to refrain yourself from publicly posting on it, be civil.
(b) Reciprocally, even if you're the one being attacked on this board, just ignore them and keep posting in the manner in which you think would be best for this board; if you've had some constructive criticism, consider it and try to apply it. Maybe you need to sincerely consider what others are saying about your posts, and, perhaps, you can apply their criticism to your posts to make a change for the better. Cool?

If we keep to these guidelines, the more people will be posting more quality posts ... without the bickering nor having people hold-back from posting information. The last thing I need is for people to stop posting on this board due to hostilities.

Thanks for indulging me, guys. I'll try not to talk 'wsg-politics' anymore ... with the hope that these 'politics' will cease. All right, my friends ... hasta pronto.

Play2
02-02-03, 05:11
Originally posted by Nibu Raphael
Hi Play 2 I almost feel like giving up Cause of Octatron Last night I had a killer session with a massage girl and the week before plus many more info on new clubs But I do not feel like posting them due to Octatron attacking me all the time. I had two girls last week in Lima Massage Sex Sessio.I have so much that I will not divulge or maybe never cause of him,,, Yeh A Big Thanks To him,,,, This is stupid Really Stupid That dude should just Shut up,,,,, Sorry to all the faithful Peru People Maybe when this Shit flys over I will post new updates here in Peru until then Later,,,,,, Nibu R.........

Hey Nibu - it's all good. This arguing was really getting on my nerves too. Sure - post when you feel that you'd like to. Catch ya' later, and stay safe.

Fabricio23
02-03-03, 22:18
Some time ago somebody mentoned something about this girl named Nikita , she used to work in a brothel but not anymore. I found a website with a girl named with the same name... she is independent now i think. Does anybody know if she take anal? and how much dou you think she will charge?
any reply is welcomed.

P.S. Do not want to raise the prices for everybody.

Later

Member #3407
02-07-03, 18:59
Play2,

I read below that you are going to Peru in March. I thought you were going sooner. Also, I have a suggestion. Have you thought about visiting Puerto Maldonaldo? It's a jungle town not far from Cuzco. This way you can still get a taste of the jungle (and of the Charapitas) if you are limited by time and budget constraints.

During my next trip to Peru in May and June, I will not go to Iquitos. It's just too expensive to fly there for a few nights of fun. I love Charapitas, but due to time limitations, I plan on spending most of my time around Cuzco chasing Cholitas. I've been thinking about visiting the jungle town of Puerto Maldonaldo to satisfy my lust for Charapitas. It has direct flights from Cuzco ($50) and to Lima ($70). This will only add 50 bucks to my transportation costs on my way back to Lima to catch my flight to the US. Last trip it added $160 to my transportation costs to go to Iquitos from Cuzco and I wasted almost an entire day on delays and layovers in Lima and Pucallpa. If you fly domestically in Peru, avoid the airline TANS. TANS really sucks.

Does anyone have any info on Puerto Maldonaldo? If so, please post it.

Thanks,

DanDaMan

Play2
02-08-03, 00:52
Originally posted by DanDaMan
Play2,

I read below that you are going to Peru in March. I thought you were going sooner. Also, I have a suggestion. Have you thought about visiting Puerto Maldonaldo? It's a jungle town not far from Cuzco. This way you can still get a taste of the jungle (and of the Charapitas) if you are limited by time and budget constraints.

Hey Dan - unfortunately, my trip is really pretty limited ... with only 3 days in Cuzco and 5 days in Lima. I don't think that I'll get a chance to hit Puerto Maldonaldo ... but I do hope to take in dip into the jungle on a future trip (which I'll take - if the first one goes well!).

I've been chatting with some of locals in Lima, and have heard truly horrendous things about going into La Victoria. Just curious - would you be able describe the setting of places like The Trocadero in Callao -and- San Jose in La Victoria? (ie. what to expect when you walk in, what to bring, what not to bring, what to wear, what the place looks like on the inside, whether or not there is any interaction/danger from other patrons)

Also, I was curious - a number of the Massage/Escort services that I've found on the internet advertise costing "$100" for regular service for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Now, in another post, Dave wrote that placeres charges "$35." Now, do the advertisements mean "100 US" or "100 Nuevos Soles"? I don't want to be tossing a 100 US to these girls ... and get ripped off, while up-ing the market in the process. Thanks, guys.

ElKarl
02-14-03, 01:07
Hey Vagringo,

If you want to rent an aprtment cheap I got an internet website that I found a long time ago that it is still up working, I didn't rent it because a friend gave me a room in his house.... the website is http://stay.at/MirafloresApt ........ the rent is for 200 dollars for a minimun of 2 weeks I think, or may be don't mention itand bargain a price and time.

Good luck.

P.S. If you rent it please let me know how is the room and if it worth it.. may need to rent it in the future.

Incaroca
03-21-03, 01:54
Hi!

Next April Ill be in Peru visiting my peruvian girlfriend, but Ill take time for action. I want to visite the northern coast of Peru (trujillo, chiclayo , Piura). I wanted to know any recommendations to found chicas, whos the best citie and the best action, places, etc..

If somebody want to join it, write me at incaroca@terra.es...its better to try the best pussie with a folk!

Vagringo
03-21-03, 18:48
hey guys want to plan a may/june sex adventure in lima already talked to nibucool with him looking for like 8 guys all things will be handled by him me whoever like 4 days of sex tours it is alot to see here so nibu and friends know their shit any one game

nervousphill
04-17-03, 03:04
Hey guys!!

Check out this great website of all the top Peruvian models:

http://www.perumodelos.net/B000.HTM

Kind of gives you a good idea of about the potential best lookers?? I have no idea as I have never been there, but am deliberating between Lima and Sao Luis in Brazil.

Johan007
06-13-03, 20:21
Nibu,guys,

whats that crap I've been hearing about kidnappings and terroristas in Peru???

I realy hope this is NOT true:-(

WE do NOT need another Colombia.

Johan.

OttoGraham
10-25-03, 14:16
UNCLE OTTO’S CHARITIBLE FUND DRIVE!

Support WSG Charities, increase your charitable giving by 50%!

As you know, the WSGForum comes to you completely free of charge, thanks to the hard work of our webmaster, Jackson. Sites that provide far less entertainment and information charge big bucks for “memberships.”

Some of you may not realize that Jackson is also the moving spirit behind WSGCharities, which was formed for the express purpose of collecting funds to be used to purchase food for hungry children in Argentina.

The website is www.wsgcharities.com.

Between now and November 30th, for each $2 you contribute to WSGCharities, I will kick in an additional dollar, up to the breaking point of my own bank account. Your contributions are 100% tax deductible and totally in the good spirit that our community has.

In order to donate, visit the www.wsgcharities.com, and click on “donations.” After you have sent in your Pay Pal or snail-mail contribution, send me an email (ottograham@hotmail.com) with “I’m a friend of Uncle Otto” in the subject line, with the donation amount listed in the body of your email. And for every two dollars you contribute, I will match it with another dollar.

Thanks!

-Uncle Otto

Tyrone
02-10-04, 18:11
I've visited both Argentina and Brazil. Now planning another trip to S. America. What country is the best (after Argentina and Brazil) for hot women?!? And I mean women in general (not just pros).

Lima Busy
04-22-04, 01:30
I am just adding this information that I posted on the Columbia board in the hope that it is helpful to others.

NYC EXPAT,

This is strictly for information purposes and not intended as a judgement of your situation. That being said there are plenty of Colombian or Latina looking 45 year olds right here in N.Y.C.

As far as the Visitors Visa or "Cita" as it is called in spanish.

There are two types "Tourist" and "Fiance".

Tourist- Will allow the women to come here on vacation.This visa can only be applied for at the U.S embassy in the womens home country. Besides the application it requires a face to face interview.

The cost is a $25 application fee that the women must pay at a bank before contacting the embassy for appointment. In addition there is a $100 non refundable processing fee that must be paid.

The $125.00 is probably what she was asking for. Which makes sense for 3 pops. As my Soprano friends like to say "You can pay me now or you can pay me later" sorry less I digress.

Once she pays the $25 to the bank and has a reciept she can call the U.S embassy for a appointment. At that time they will send her a application (which must be completed in English).

They will also give her a appointment for interview (about 5 min in duration and conducted in Spanish)

After the interview they will keep the $125.00, deny her application and send her on her way. We have to finance world domination some way!

There are however exceptions to every rule. It is possible to get a tourist if you can demonstrate the following.

1. You own a house.
2. You have a bank account with "Mucho Dinero"
3. You have a good job.

From my experience only the first two apply.

Which brings us to the Fiance Visa.

You can do this yourself or hire a agency (I have never done either but I am told the agency route is about $650.00)

This visa must be applied for by you.

Fiance Visa.

This allows your girlfriend to enter the country for 6 months.

If you marry her within six months she can stay in the country and apply for permanent status.

If you do not marry her she will:

A. Have to go home, never to be allowed entrance into our country again.

B. Simply dissapear to Corona N.Y. or where ever her husband, boyfriend or family lives. While you get to explain to the I.N.S.

There are many other conditions you must comply with:

A. Demonstrate you have a relationship with this women through letters,photos and travel documents.

B. Provide tax returns to prove you can support her.

C. Health certificates(no vd) and police reports for her.

If the idea of going thru this for a 45 y/o piece of ass is starting to bore you, imagine how I feel typing all this with one finger.

More info is available online at the U.S. State Dept. and probably has been written before by others on this site.

I hope this has been helpful.

Lima Busy

P.S. Recurdo mi Amigo! A chica is just as likely to say "te amo" to get a visa as you are to say it to get in her pants.

Robert51
04-24-04, 18:31
Thanks for the info Lima Busy.

I do not think I would be going this way, but when you get a bunch of monger gathered round, there is always descussion about this subject.

Take Care

Robert51

ChicagoBoy23
06-08-04, 05:10
What is cheapest way to call Peru cell phone. Been ripped off by Nobel phone cards - ridiculously high rates. Double triple what they advertise. Don't understand why Peru is so much more expensive than say Argentina.

Thanks in advance

Trying to work a non pro for a Lima visit :)

Chicagoboy23

ChicagoBoy23
06-11-04, 00:52
Any air options besides Delta to Lima, Peru ?

I am coming from Chicago. Looking for flight in July or August :)

Thanks in advance.

Mojok
06-11-04, 06:36
Check Taca.com for flights from Chicago. I use them from San Francisco, good flights at good prices from here.

Leif Erickson
08-10-04, 23:10
Peruanas are users and players! I know that's a generalization, but I think it is true. Four years ago I was played by a Peruana big time. I have only myself to blame, but in hindsight I'm just glad I didn't marry the woman! I've had other Peruanas tell me to be careful, which says a lot.

If you want to get serious with a Peruvian woman make sure she is gainfully employed. Hopefully, she is educated and works as a lawyer, doctor, dentist, etc..

I'm at a point in my life where I just want to play. As Goldie Hawn has said, "Marriage is ridiculous."

Long Stroker
10-11-04, 03:09
When I travel, I like to go to out of the way places when the opportunity presents itself. Especially if these places happen to be on the way to a target destination (Machu Picchu). Yes, we are all tourists; we can't help that. But I simply enjoy exploring areas a little off the beaten path.

I am fortunate enough to have a month in which to enjoy all that Peru has to offer. I was thinking about traveling overland to Cusco, stopping for a few days to a week in both Huancayo and Ayacucho. The responses posted here indicated to me the foolishness of that idea.

Now the only problem here is that there don't appear to be any flights between these cities, except going back thru Lima. Which means I would have to fly back to Lima each time to get to the next city.

On top of that, it appears that the city of Huancayo, (pop 400,000) doesn't have an airport? I looked high and low and could not find any evidence of one. Am I missing something?

So I did a little more investigating and found that the road from Lima to Huancayo is paved and in good shape. If indeed ground is the only way to get there. Too bad that train is not currently running. That would be cool.

So the rough draft is this: Skip Ayacucho, maybe see Huancayo by ground round trip (thus avoiding the really bad roads between it and Cusco) and then fly to Cusco from Lima.

Has anyone made the trip to Huancayo?

LS

Johan007
10-11-04, 12:32
Hi Leif E.

you wrote:

Peruanas are users and players! I know that's a generalization, but I think it is true. Four years ago I was played by a Peruana big time. I have only myself to blame, but in hindsight I'm just glad I didn't marry the woman! I've had other Peruanas tell me to be careful, which says a lot.

If you want to get serious with a Peruvian woman make sure she is gainfully employed. Hopefully, she is educated and works as a lawyer, doctor, dentist, etc..

I'm at a point in my life where I just want to play. As Goldie Hawn has said, "Marriage is ridiculous."

I only can say that situation is much worse in Colombia!!!!(or Venezuela) That country has realy gorgeous looking women....but OOOO Please be carefull if you are looking for a lifemate! They are realy very cunning and listy.

Colombianas and Venezulanas are very very materialistic people. Money and status is ALL they care about. (yes...no shit)

But....Cheer up Leif!! Even in my country (or in yours) we have such women!

So......I learned my lesson too. Stop thinking with the little head...and start thinking with your BIG head that's upon your shoulders! LOL

btw are you Norwegian?

Johan

PS: I was played too by BOTH a colombiana AND a Peruana!!FUCK ME!

Maltrufio
10-11-04, 17:52
LS,

“Has anyone made the trip to Huancayo?”

Yes I have and let me give you some info. It’s a beautiful city and definitely worth visiting. Unfortunately, you have to drive over the Andes to get there. As you mentioned, the road is nice and is paved; however, it’s the Andes. The pass you go over, called Anticona in Ticlio, is actually the highest automobile pass in the world. I think its around 15,000 feet. The road from Lima, which is at sea level, to the top of Ticlio is only about 150 miles, so you can imagine how steep the road is and how many switchbacks there are.

There are several of the gaping guardrail holes I previously mentioned in this section of the road. Going uphill shouldn’t be a problem, but going downhill is definitely sketchy. My last trip up I saw a flatbed truck with a backhoe and a propane tanker truck, both upside down in the ditch on the inside corner of different switchbacks. I guess these guys are so paranoid about going over the edge, that they hug the inside corner too tight and sometimes hook a wheel in the ditch.

Are you sure the train isn’t running? The train ride is supposed to be one the best in the world. Train aficionados come from all over the world just to ride that train. If the Huancayo train isn’t running, try to get one to La Oroya, which is over the pass, then it would be an easy bus ride to Huancayo from there. FYI - La Oroya is a fucking ugly scourge and isn’t worth stopping at. It reminds me of the surface of mars. The mine there has killed everything surrounding the town.

Back to Huancayo – I tend to find food a close second to getting laid and often times base trips and destinations on food. The food in Huancayo is excellent. Papa a la Huancaína, which you can now find in most restaurants in Lima, is from Huancayo. Also, try the pachamanca. It’s the Peruvian version of the luau, where they cook the food in a pit with hot stones. It’s delicious. There is also excellent trout in a variety of sauces. There are also good markets/shopping in Huancayo. There is some nightlife, as it’s a pretty good-sized town for such an out of the way place.

It’s a good trip, but I’d try to find an alternative to the bus for the return down the mountain. You could catch the train back or train to another city where there is an airport. Good luck.

Samu Ray
10-12-04, 18:40
If you travel light, meaning, you don´t have heavy luggage to
carry, after clearing immigration and go out of the airport in Lima,
keep walking on the right side of the parking lot until you reach
the main road outside of the airport. Don´t pay attention to any
one offering you a taxi. THEY WILL CHEAT YOU. On the street out
side of the airport, offer 8 to 10 "soles" for a ride into downtown
Lima. Don´t pay more . There are lots of taxis, someone will take
your offer. Offer from 12 to 15 "soles" to Miraflores.

I do that when I visit Lima and Cambodia. In Cambodia exists the same problem with moto drivers.

When in Pattaya, I take a "pick up truck" up to central road, fro
m there I take another truck to BKK bus station, all for 10 bahts!

When I visit "K11" in Cambodia, I go to the bus station, betwee
the central market and Monivong Av.The bus that goes to "Udon"
goes by "K11", it runs every hour on the hour, costs 2.000 "rils"
$ 0.50.

Maltrufio
10-13-04, 21:41
Classic website. At least I'm married to a Peruvian. I have the misfortune of watching my brothers and friends lives ruined by their American-biatch wives.

Don River
10-14-04, 14:30
Long Stroker,

If I had to make a choice, I would suggest that you try a tour through the sacred valley when you are in Cusco. Also I believe there is a train that runs to Puno from Cusco.

Puno is a very different place. Take time to go see the floating indian village on the lake and go to the market in Juliaca.

Also I would suggest that you take a tour of the selva. There is absolutely nothing like it in our world.

Don

Maltrufio
10-14-04, 18:04
LS,

Once you crest the Andes coming from the west, there is a huge upland plateau, several miles wide, then a very gradual descent down through cloud forest, then highland jungle, to the lowland jungle.

Also, I’ve never had pachamanca with alpaca. It usually has beef, pork, chicken, lamb, potatoes, yucca, yams, and corn. I’ve also had it with guinea pig. I have had alpaca before though. It was pretty good, but I don’t know about the cholesterol content. The plate was basically lomo saltado but they replaced the beef with alpaca. I also had armardillo saltado before, that was interesting.

Maltrufio
11-01-04, 18:39
hey long stroker,

looks like another bus took the plunge in peru this last friday, falling about 650 feet. one quote from the article was interesting - “bus crashes are common in peru, where drivers frequently speed and pass vehicles along blind mountain curves.”

i also found this site for your bus crash reading entertainment - http://users.lmi.net/tcs55/. although not about peru, still interesting.

Long Stroker
11-02-04, 02:35
Thanks for the link Maltrufio. Interesting website. It actully did have a reference to Peru:

"Eighteen Peruvian farmers were killed when the bus in which they were taking their produce to Huancayo skidded on a twisting, rain-soaked mountain road and plunged 820ft down a cliff."

It didn't say when this happened.

I'm just about ready to say fuck it to the idea of visiting Huancayo. I would really like to see the mountains, but goddamn it, with all this shit news, it just doesn't seem worth the risk. It doesn't look like the train will be running any more this year, either.

Maybe I'll take a plane to Huaraz and visit the hot springs instead.

FlyingAce
11-05-04, 15:58
Just to keep you all up to date:

El Comercio today reports 3 more bus accidents:

1 in Cusco (17 dead)
1 in La Libertad (13 dead)
1 in Ucayali (3 dead)

33 deaths in one day. Seems that the checking their doing on buses isn't working, only getting worse.

FlyingAce.

Jaimito Cartero
05-09-05, 02:33
For those of you lucky enough to live in Lima, it seems Taca is running some low fares to LAX. Just about $300 including taxes! This fare seems available only out of Lima, however. The fare class will not earn miles on American (I think), but may earn Taca or other program miles.

This is the fare code basis:LEZ00THS

Good until the end of May.

Judd
06-04-05, 04:08
Anyone know where I can get a low fare from "Kaulifornia" to Lima? I'm thinking about heading there for a couple of days during the upcoming 4th de Julio weekend.

Thanks,

Judd

ChicagoBoy23
06-10-05, 00:22
Discount Airlines
Hit Latin America

As Travelers Flock to Region,
Cheap Options Proliferate;
Rio to São Paulo: $20
By AMY CHOZICK
Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
June 8, 2005; Page D1

The discount-airline craze that has transformed travel in the U.S., Europe and Asia, is starting to take off in Latin America.

Until recently, travelers covering long distances in countries like Brazil, Mexico, and Peru had either to take expensive full-fare flights -- often offered only by small charter carriers -- or else hop aboard a bone-jarring long-distance bus. However, a fast-growing class of discount airlines is starting to establish itself as an alternative. In the past year or so, at least four budget airlines have started offering service or have added cross-border flights serving not only major cities but tourist spots as well. Modeled on discounters like Ireland's Ryanair and U.S.-based Southwest Airlines, the upstart Latin carriers are offering fares as low as $20 between São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. In some cases, promotional one-way teaser fares have been less than a dollar.

PESO AIR

See a sampling of routes and fares from some of the airlines that are offering discount flights in Latin America

Several new carriers are about to join the fray. In July, Mexicana, Mexico's leading international carrier, plans to launch Click, a budget airline that will offer domestic routes from Mexico City to popular but tough-to-reach beach towns like Ixtapa on the West coast and Puerto Escondido, a onetime surfing hot spot now popular among nonsurfers drawn by its pristine beaches. Click also will take over Mexicana's routes to popular Caribbean spots such as Cancún and Playa del Carmen, and is expected to apply discount-airline pricing formulas to them.

In December, Brazilian startup GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA launched service to Buenos Aires from São Paulo with promotional fares starting around $167 (the lowest fare the Brazilian government would permit at the time) each way, compared with $300 or so on the country's major carriers. This month, the no-frills airline -- expect cold snacks and economy seats -- will begin flights to Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and also says it plans to add service to the capitals of Uruguay and Paraguay in the next few months.

The new airline competition corresponds with a surge in tourism to the region. With the the euro still strong against the dollar, U.S. citizens are flocking south. While the U.S. dollar has decreased by about 10% against the euro over the past two years, it has gained 7% against the Mexican peso. In Nicaragua, the dollar has been so strong against the Córdoba that a night in a luxury hotel currently goes for about $15 to $25.

The relative bargains are driving up travel. International arrivals to Central America are growing by nearly 11% a year, according to a study last year by the World Trade Organization. Tourism to Belize has increased by 50% over the past five years, primarily due to new interest among cruise lines. Peru expects more than a million tourists this year and two million annually by 2010.

Flights to Salvador, Brazil, on Gol's nighttime service -- nicknamed corujoes, or 'owls' -- are as low as $65 one way.

The carriers can offer substantial savings and convenience for travelers who know what to look for. Nature Air in Costa Rica is serving new destinations like Drake Bay, a wilderness resort town on the beach that used to require a six-hour drive and two-hour boat ride to reach from San José. (Flight time: 40 minutes.) Tikal Jets has made it easier to reach Guatemala's famed Tikal ruins for $99 each way.

Air travel in the region has a reputation for being rough around the edges: Lengthy delays are commonplace, and government oversight in the past tended to keep prices sky-high, until a recent wave of deregulation. While traveling on the discounters may be cost-effective, it can cause headaches for vacationers unfamiliar with the region. Some carriers use major airports, but others fly into out-of-the-way landing strips with little or no infrastructure. Costa Rica's Nature Air, for instance, uses an old Sandinista airstrip on its route between San José and Granada, Nicaragua. Some little airports may make announcements only in Spanish or Portuguese. And on Gol, the most affordable flights are offered as part of its night service. Nicknamed corujões (or "owls" in Portuguese), these flights operate between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.

The budget-airline movement in Latin America comes at a time when discount carriers are dramatically reshaping the airline industry around the world. In the U.S., discounter Southwest Airlines has become one of the fastest-growing domestic carriers, expanding in recent years into nonstop transcontinental routes.

In Europe, traditional airlines have lost market share to budget carriers such as Ryanair and easyJet. Last month, Iberia, Spain's largest airline, announced that it would consider buying or creating a low-cost carrier of its own. In Asia, competition among discounters is so heated that flights on popular routes such as Hong Kong to Singapore have sunk as low as $25 each way.

The expansion of discounters in South America is happening as aviation officials are making it easier for carriers to add flights across borders. In May, regulators in Peru and Brazil signed an agreement to allow 28 flights a week between the two countries, more than triple the current quota of eight flights a week. A new Peruvian airline, Wayra Peru, is expected to enter the market as early as this month, serving 12 Peruvian cities including Cuzco, the town closest to the Machu Picchu ruins.

The new airlines are primarily targeting the millions of middle- and lower-middle class Latin Americans fed up with shelling out for bumpy, cramped 10-hour-plus bus rides between cities -- trips that can cost as much as $75 to $100 on some routes.

However, the new airlines are aimed at foreign tourists as well. U.S.-based travelers can buy tickets on these carriers' own Web sites, which typically have English options and allow bookings with major credit cards. Some of the airlines offer hotel and car-rental packages aimed at tourists. Tikal Jets offers discounts at the Radisson and Grand Tikal Futura hotels in Guatemala City when tickets are bought through the carrier's Web site.

Almost none of these carriers is listed on the big online travel agencies like Travelocity or Orbitz.

Mexicana's Click plans to offer code-share agreements with several carriers from abroad that will allow international travelers to transfer to Click flights. Click says its site, clickmexicana.com, will have an English option when it is launched in July.

Airlines remain a relative luxury in South America. According to AvGroup Inc., a Miami-based aviation consultant, fewer than 10% of the 500 million people in Latin America and the Caribbean travel by air.

Brazil's Gol airline -- named after the Portuguese word for "goal" in soccer -- was founded by the family that controls the country's biggest bus-travel company. It was launched in 2001 with just six planes traveling to seven destinations within Brazil. It now has 32 planes and flies to 40 airports.

Some carriers use smaller planes in their fleets. Nature Air's aircraft are mostly 19-seat twin-engine planes. Tikal Jets operates DC-9s, and Gol uses Boeing 737-700s. Civil-aviation authorities in South America require the budget airlines to meet the same aviation standards as established carriers.

Like many of the new discounters, Nature Air offers online booking and special Web-only discounts on its Web site, www.natureair.com. Tikal Jets, Guatemala's national carrier, doesn't consider itself a low-cost carrier, but nevertheless it's targeting the low-fare end of the market as it expands. The airline, which also serves destinations in Belize and Cuba, offers special hotel/airfare package deals on its Web site, tikaljets.com.

Gol's Web site, www.voegol.com, has listed low-cost teaser fares in an effort to build buzz. For instance, some special fares between Rio and São Paulo have been listed as low as $20 each way, not including taxes or fees, compared with $160 or so, round trip, on major carriers. The airline currently accepts only American Express for online international purchases, and U.S. travelers can't print electronic tickets.

Gol's night-owl fares sometimes even undercut the price of bus tickets. For instance, a four-hour night flight from Rio to the popular tourist city of Salvador starts at $65 each way. By comparison, a first-class bus trip (which takes about 24 hours) would cost about $70 each wa

Jaimito Cartero
06-10-05, 00:46
Anyone know where I can get a low fare from "Kaulifornia" to Lima? I'm thinking about heading there for a couple of days during the upcoming 4th de Julio weekend.

Thanks,

Judd

AeroMexico has $399 plus tax flights from LAX-LIM. (Probably $460 total). Monday-Thursday departures/arrivals.

Delta and AA have flights for July in the $489 or so range (plus tax).

Copa and Continental also have the same price. These are all pretty good deals. If you're elite on NW or CO, you may get Business Class upgrades for free too. (As I did on my last trip) That's nice on a long trip.

Judd
06-10-05, 05:57
Appreciate the info. Yeah, I need to do a better job getting credit for the miles I travel so I have the option to upgrade. I usually book thru Yahoo/Travelocity. I never seem to get credit for miles when I book thru this site. This really is ridiculous of me. I've taken at least 20 trips to BA/Lima/Cali and have a grand total of 12,000 miles from AA.

There's quite a few airline options when travelling out of LAX. What airline has the best frequent flyer mileage program for someone like myself who travels to Lima/BA 4 to 6 times a year?

Thanks!

Judd

Judd
06-10-05, 06:12
Must be some sorta monger acronym I was unaware of. Thanks Chicago Boy. That's a great article. It might behoove me to wait a couple of months before I take my next trip I guess competition in a free market has it's advantages, and can spill over into other parts of the world.

Judd

just kidding on the WSJ thing!!!

Jaimito Cartero
06-10-05, 06:22
Appreciate the info. Yeah, I need to do a better job getting credit for the miles I travel so I have the option to upgrade. I usually book thru Yahoo/Travelocity. I never seem to get credit for miles when I book thru this site. This really is ridiculous of me. I've taken at least 20 trips to BA/Lima/Cali and have a grand total of 12,000 miles from AA.

There's quite a few airline options when travelling out of LAX. What airline has the best frequent flyer mileage program for someone like myself who travels to Lima/BA 4 to 6 times a year?

Thanks!

Judd

I would have to give the nod to either Northwest or Continental. Although Northwest doesn't fly there, they are partners of Continental and often give you more credited miles on cheap fares than Continental does. Weird, but true.

You have a couple of different options. One is to ask them to comp you to a certain frequent flyer level. If you can show a couple of long trips in the near future (ticketed), they may give you the lowest status. (This is silver). This would work for CO, not NW.

I'd say that Continental might edge out NW a little bit if you fly Copa any. Copa is owned 49% by Continental, and uses their same frequent flyer system (Onepass).

Why do you book on Travelocity? I use it occassionally myself, but only if the fare has been pulled off of other sites. Until June 15th (I think), you can buy a Continental gift card online that will give you $5 off every $100 you buy. So if your ticket is $500, you will save $475. Not a great discount, but not bad.

When you buy on most of the other sites, you pay a $5-$10 booking fee.

The one thing about getting elite on CO or NW, is that they give free domestic USA upgrades. Now as a Silver member you aren't likely to get a lot of these since there are two levels above you. However, if you keep flying CO's partners (NW, Delta, Copa, KLM and a few other international ones), the miles will build up quickly. As a Platinum member I get 125% on most of my tickets as a bonus. So if I fly 10,000 miles, I get a total of 22,500 miles credited to my account. This helps get free tickets REAL quick.

By the end of next month, I'll have earned enough free miles to go on an around the world Business class ticket, all from miles that I've gotten this year. Considering that I've only spent $4000 on tickets this year, I'm getting at least double the value out of this RTW ticket.

One important thing to note on CO flights, if the plane is a narrow body plane (757, 727, 737, etc), as an elite you are eligible for first class upgrades for free. It was great flying to Lima and getting upgraded to FC for free on a $363 ticket on the international portions, plus one of the domestic legs.

This same thing applies to Copa as well, since they usually fly only 737-700 or 737-800 planes.

While their first class cabins aren't as nice as some of the widebodies (767, 777, 747), it's still much nicer being in a wide seat, and getting some decent food.

If you have some dates you're looking for, I don't mind looking for some flights for you. It's my other hobby. :)

Two roundtrips from LAX-LIM and LAX-EZE will get you to the silver level.

If you only want to fly on American, you can ask them for a challenge, and get up to their lower or medium level with just 2 or 3 flights. I can give you more details on this, if you'd like.

Almost all info I have on travel I've gotten at flyertalk.com. It's a very good resource for trick and tips on flights, frequent flyer programs and much more.

And one note, always keep your boarding passes. You can usually get credit up to 6 months after you fly. Even if you didn't have your frequent flyer number in there, you can do it. Remember that some airlines allow credit to other programs. (I think most LAN programs can go into AA)

Jaimito Cartero
06-10-05, 06:25
Must be some sorta monger acronym I was unaware of. Thanks Chicago Boy. That's a great article. It might behoove me to wait a couple of months before I take my next trip I guess competition in a free market has it's advantages, and can spill over into other parts of the world.

Judd

just kidding on the WSJ thing!!!

Fares might drop a bit in August, but I wouldn't bet on it. Small hops (Rio-Gig/Gig-Eze) might go down, but LAX-LIM won't go below $300 plus tax.

Continental is starting to fly into BA in November, so with luck we'll see the prices going down there. It sucks, since my pricing from PHX is usally $900-$1200!

Judd
06-10-05, 06:49
Sounds like Continental is the way to go. Kinda sucks, I booked a last minute trip thru them last March. Things I didn't care for, their planes are cramped and the hubs in Houston which adds a couple of hours to the flight. I think I've flown Copa. Don't they usually fly to Panama, then to destinations in S.A.?

LAX/LIM for $300us? Where do I signup? I'm happy when I get this fare for $450 excluding taxes.

Judd

Jaimito Cartero
06-10-05, 07:45
Sounds like Continental is the way to go. Kinda sucks, I booked a last minute trip thru them last March. Things I didn't care for, their planes are cramped and the hubs in Houston which adds a couple of hours to the flight. I think I've flown Copa. Don't they usually fly to Panama, then to destinations in S.A.?

LAX/LIM for $300us? Where do I signup? I'm happy when I get this fare for $450 excluding taxes.

Judd

Well, if you keep your eyes open you can find the good fares. One thing to do is sign up for a Travelocity account and set up a profile. You can set LAX-LIM, LAX-EZE, or whatever city you normally fly out of. You can set a trigger so that if a price goes below a certain point, it will email you. Often the fares only last a few days.

If you still have the boarding passes from the March trip, you can still get credit for it. Even if you don't, it's *possible* to get credit for them, but it's harder.

I got a CO ticket that was $389, plus tax. I had gotten a $100 coupon for Continental last summer, and used that to bring the price down to $289, plus tax ($361 total, I think). I had to pay to fly to LAX ($100 or so) from PHX. I then decided to go the long way to Lima the for extra miles, and flew through Newark instead of Houston. Not totally smart, but it was the same price, and I got another 8000 miles or so from doing it.

Yes, Copa stops in Panama City. It uses Continentals frequent flyer program. If you haven't signed up for Onepass, I'd find the confirmation number of the flight you took in March. Call up their customer service at a non busy time, and ask nicely if they can sign you up and credit you. Might work, might not.

It takes just 2 trips to get elite, and just the chance of getting a First Class seat to Lima will make you happy.

Those $400-450 fares they have right now aren't bad. Usually when I see a super sale, I'll post a little note here, like I do in the Argentina forum as well.

ChicagoBoy23
06-11-05, 00:49
If you are platinum (50,000 miles/year) on American Airlines you will get treated very well by LAN.

-You can check in at Business class line
-They always give you free pass to LAN lounge (free food and internet access)
-They upgrade you to business class from coach a lot. I went from JFK to LIMA 6 times last year (12 legs) and was upgraded 1/2 of the time. Whenever coach is full they look for Platinums to upgrade. Plus planes are all new.

Unfortunately I have moved to Washington DC and am stuck on AA via Miami arriving at 4 am with no free upgrades.

Lima Busy
06-11-05, 18:12
Just wanted to say thanks for the WSJ article. I am looking for a low cost carrier who flies in country as I would never get on one of these busses.

I am planning to go to Tacna/Arica in July and LanPeru wants $247.00

I am have requested a rate from Condor Air, they run the flights over the Nazca lines and will see. Meanwhile if someone can find a website for Wayru Air, let me know!
Lima Busy

Screwed Up
06-27-05, 05:44
Yes, only Lan and aerocondor fly on Tacna.

Another low-cost Peruvian airline is http://www.magentaair.com
I used them to fly back from Iquitos to Lima for about $63. I think Lan asked $85 for the same route.

Other airlines in Peru are LC Busre, Tans Peru, Star Peru and Taca.

madrugada
08-06-05, 12:44
It probably has been mentioned before: one of the first things you should do after arriving in Lima is go to a TIM store and get yourself a prepaid SIM card for your cellphone. That gives you the opportunity to make and receive calls at local cellphone rates, and you can even check your voicemail for free! Ask for a "tarjeta prepago con linea", as a "targeta prepago" will only get you a recharge card for loading up your account with fresh money, but it is not a SIM card itself. I bought me such a prepaid SIM card for 50 soles and found it quite useful for connecting with the local girls. I also asked for such a card at a Telefonica store but they didn´t have it, apparently TIM was the only operator offering this kind of card.

Madrugada

Perry Mason #1
09-04-05, 04:12
Peru Shining Path Guerrilla Gets 30 Years

Fri Sep 2,10:59 PM ET

A Shining Path guerrilla was sentenced to 30 years in prison for a 2002 car bombing that killed 10 people outside the U.S. Embassy, three days ahead of a visit by President Bush, officials said Friday.

Wilbert Elqui Meza was convicted late Thursday night, court spokesman Edilberto Valenzuela told The Associated Press.

The car bomb exploded March 20, 2002, in an outdoor shopping plaza across from the fortress-like U.S. Embassy in Lima. In additon to the deaths, 30 people were wounded. Bush went ahead with his visit to Peru despite the bombing.

Meza was the only one of eight defendants convicted of carrying out the attack, Valenzuela said, although two women received 20-year sentences and a third women was handed a 25-year sentence for belonging to the Shining Path, Maoist-oriented rebel group. Four others were acquitted of all charges, Valenzuela added.

In 1980, the Shining Path launched a campaign of car bombings, sabotage and assassinations to overthrow the government and install a communist state. The fighting took nearly 70,000 lives, although the violence dropped off significantly following the arrest of key leaders in 1992.

Lima Busy
09-06-05, 22:12
September 5, 2005
Explorer Says Lost Peru City Is Plundered
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 8:27 p.m. ET

LIMA, Peru (AP) -- An American explorer says an ancient, pre-Incan
metropolis discovered by his father in Peru's remote cloud forest on an
earlier expedition has been plundered by tomb robbers.

Sean Savoy, 32, urged the government to take steps to protect the city,
which he estimated housed 20,000 people and had hundreds of circular stone
buildings in the 7th century.

''It is time for the government to take note. Something has to be done.
These places are in danger of destruction,'' he said.

Savoy, just back from leading a 23-day expedition to the site, described it
as a massive metropolitan complex spread along a river valley high in Peru's
rain forest on the eastern slopes of the Peruvian Andes.

The expedition to the Gran Saposoa ruins, located 335 miles north of Lima,
included more than 50 people, counting government archaeologists,
architects, a stonemason, an expert on Andean art, armed police and 30 mule
drivers.

Savoy, son of famed 78-year-old explorer Gene Savoy, who has discovered more
than 40 lost cities in Peru since the 1960s, said in an interview with The
Associated Press Saturday that the city is much bigger than his father had
calculated. He estimated the metropolitan area covers more than 80 square
miles.

The elder Savoy discovered it in 1999, naming it Gran Saposoa, and concluded
it was one of the cities of the Chachapoyas kingdom.

Spanish chronicles from the 16th century tell of a network of seven
Chachapoyas cities strung like a necklace along the heights of the high
jungle of northern Peru.

Savoy described the Chachapoyas as tall, fierce warriors who were defeated
in the late 15th century by Inca ruler Tupac Yupanqui just decades before
the Spanish conquest of Peru.

This year's trip marked the fifth time the site has been explored since the
Savoys first trekked over a wind-swept, 14,500-foot-high Andean pass and
hacked their way down into the overgrown mountainous jungle to discover it.

Sean Savoy said members of this year's expedition were stunned to find that
a sculptured stone head at the most important set of ruins had been ripped
from its place in a stone wall. But they were in for an even more unpleasant
surprise.

''We encountered a site, previously unknown to us, but obviously to others,
where over 50 cliffside tombs were destroyed. Not just sacked and looted,
the tombs themselves destroyed. Torn apart with picks and axes,'' he said.

He said the latest expedition discovered a sixth citadel, located at 12,000
feet with a 64-foot-wide avenue. He said the six interconnected districts
discovered during five expeditions contain hundreds of circular stone
buildings.

''I had no idea of the scale of the ruins. The scale was humongous,
mind-boggling,'' said Patrick Manning, an Irish architect who took part in
the expedition. ''There are hundreds of buildings.''

He said he understands how hard it is for a poor nation like Peru to protect
its many pre-Columbian ruins.

''The big problem is the lack of funding,'' Manning said.

The Savoys live most of the year in Reno, Nev., where Gene Savoy directs the
Andean Explorers Foundation. After his last trip to Gran Saposoa en 2001,
the elder Savoy has dedicated his time to writing a book about his last 15
years of exploration, his son said. He has already authored three books on
his expeditions.

The elder Savoy is credited with finding three of Peru's most important
ruins: Vilcabamba, the last refuge of the Incas; Gran Pajaten, a citadel
city atop a jungle-shrouded peak; and Gran Vilaya, a complex of more than
20,000 stone buildings.

Much of his work has focused on the Chachapoyas, whose empire extended along
a 135-mile stretch of the Andes' fogbound eastern slopes. He has now found
six of the seven fabled Chachapoyas cities.

''The exploration must continue. My father will be back,'' the younger Savoy
said. ''We have to find the last city.''

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press

Lima Busy
09-09-05, 21:05
I am in the process of getting some root canal work down here in Lima when I realized alot of mongers could pay for all or most of there vacation if they came down here for dental work!
I will give you the cost comparison but U.S. prices vary from city to city.
Peru USA
root canal $100 $550-860
porcealen crown $150 $580-860

They do amazing work down but are a little slower. My root canal took four trips. Only draw back is if you need nitrous oxide, it is probably more difficult
to find and a tad more expensive. If anybody is interested give me a holler and I can give you my dentist's info.

LB

Jaimito Cartero
10-03-05, 18:52
Since I bought my forthcoming LAN Biz Class ticket a couple of months ago, I've been getting their promotional emails. I just got one that lists what looks like good pricing from Miami and LA.

Miami-Lima $389+
LAX-Lima $479+
LAX-Lima $999+ Biz Class

Taxes add $60 or $70 dollars to the above fares. They also send out some discount certs as well. I think I have a 15% of cert which can make a nice difference on a higher priced ticket.

Loumann
10-06-05, 20:20
I am interested in a couple of items. 1. I will be in Lima for the month of January..I hear it dosen't rain but that there is no sun, is that true?

I am looking to stay the first couple of nights in a hotel and use the days to scour Miraflores for an apartment or house for the month to rent. Any comments.

Lima Busy
10-07-05, 22:18
I am interested in a couple of items. 1. I will be in Lima for the month of January..I hear it dosen't rain but that there is no sun, is that true?

I am looking to stay the first couple of nights in a hotel and use the days to scour Miraflores for an apartment or house for the month to rent. Any comments.

Loumann,
No it is not true. In January you will not even see a cloud. Dec-Mar are sunny everyday. If your requirements and budjet are flexible should be no problem. You can look at el comercio's online ads now, to get some idea. Also use expatperu.com.

LB

Barjasmine
10-09-05, 13:59
I would like to go hunting in South America, but can not speak the language. My question is for you in the know people is: Can you have a good time there without some spanish?

All your information gratefully accepted in advance chaps,

Thanks

Jaimito Cartero
10-10-05, 06:22
I would like to go hunting in South America, but can not speak the language. My question is for you in the know people is: Can you have a good time there without some spanish?

Thanks

When I first went to Latin America in the 80's, I only knew 10 or so words. I'd recommend looking through the forums, there are some spanish phrases listed in some forums. You can also buy a $5 book that gives you all the travel related, numbers and such too. You need to at least make an effort. They'll appreciate it.

I generally am more cautious with chicas who speak English. That often means they're a bit spoiled, or will try and milk you!

Lima Busy
10-10-05, 15:34

Thanks
Barjasmine,
A good time can be had anywhere without speaking the language. Generally the people in any country would appreciate it when someone at least makes the effort. The true GFE experience can be had with only a small effort on your part. Alot of girls in Lima speak some english but are embarrased to use it until they know you better. The typical American attitude (the whole world should speak english) does not go over well down here. You will have alot better time even if you only learn pronunciation of the alphabet. Many spanish words are spelled the same as english, only the pronunciation is different. Find these words learn how to pronunce correctly and learn how to weave them into your conversation. Even SA girls understand and speak a little "Spanglish". You will have a hell of alot of laughs and alot more action!

LB

Surfer
10-11-05, 23:17
In Miraflores (touristy part of Lima) you CAN get by with no Spanish. But up or downcountry in Peru, away from the tourist hordes (who mostly go to Cuzco & Machu Picchu), and anywhere in Colombia save Cartagena and San Andres, you will be severely challenged without a Spanish speaker in your party. Not as challenged as in remote parts of Japan or Asia, but you will DEFINITELY be at HIGH risk of getting ripped off and will not be able to enjoy much of what the place has to offer.

Jaimito's point about the need to BEWARE the chicas who speak English well is a good one. ANY chica that speaks English even semi- fluently is to avoided IMHO. IF you speak Spanish, the LESS English the chica speaks the better. There is an unmistakable correlation between English proficiency and gringo BF, hard core ho, money grubber etc.

I suggest Barjasmine try Cartagena (or Costa Rica as a MUCH lesser alternative). Maybe the DR too. Better yet, I suggest he learn a little Spanish.

Barjasmine
10-15-05, 15:18
I'm off to buy linguaphone "spanish edittiton" to try to learn the lingo. It can't be as hard to learn as Thai but then again I was in my twenty's when I learnt that. Now I'm an old bastard in my forty's.

I've never been to SA, but I've allways wanted to go.

Is the language the same in all the South American countries?

Which country would you say is the best to visit?

BTW, I am British and live in the UK.

Lima Busy
10-15-05, 17:12
I have been told that Peruvian Spanish is the most pure of the latin American countries which is why there is such demand for Peruvian spanish teachers in the USA now.

I think if you already had the ear to pick up a new language, you will pick it up fairly quickly, the worst part is all the grammar rules and exceptions, so try to stick to conversational.

I am not a SA expert like Surfer so I would not want to tell you which country to visit and obviously I am prejudiced. From the UK-Lima it might be a hassle getting direct flights so maybe BA will be a better choice for you.

But do come visit us at least once!

LB

Dick Rambone
10-15-05, 17:16
Plus us Peruvians speak really fast making it hard to understand............

XXL
10-15-05, 17:19
IF you speak Spanish, the LESS English the chica speaks the better. There is an unmistakable correlation between English proficiency and gringo BF, hard core ho, money grubber etc
Quite so, and I would add that the mistrust is reciprocal: english-speaking gold-diggers will shrink from any foreigner who shows too great a mastery of the vernacular. The more idiomatic and unaccented your Spanish, the more they will recoil and walk away. The same goes, of course, for any language other than Spanish.

If you have the background and knowledge, you can put this to good use in order to get shot of insistent gold-diggers in clubs and discos. Make some slangish comment about the music, drop the names of a few lesser-known salsa groups, hint at your having seen Oscar León or Roberto Torres live at the Féria de Cali or at some Salsa Festival in Caracas, and the gold-digger will leave you alone quicker than if you'd just confessed to having bird flue.

"He knows the lingo + he has been around + he knows the ropes = there's nothing in it for me" (Gold-Digger)

Surfer
10-15-05, 17:36
or vietnamese or any of those gd tonal languages that are well nigh impossible to learn.

barjasmine, sir, your question about which country is best is unduly vague (sorry i am a barrister and require precisely tailored questions). if out and out debauchery is your priority, brasileras are the most oversexed creatures on earth bar none. they do it all, from anal to orgies to you name it. they are almost all bi too, so if you like girl on girl action brazil is tops. ossible drawbacks: it is the one country in sa where spanish is not the official language (oh who counts tiny surinam!), they speak brasilero, portugese with a sexy accent and cadance. also, brasil is the most costly (unless you go to the impoverised northeast region). crime is a real concern, as is extortion by police with setup involving **** girls.

if you want the best food, culture and architecture, and like light skinned blondes, then i'd say try the argies although they are still a bit salty at her majeststy's subjects over that falklands thing. downsides: at least in ba, gfe is rare, everybody smokes and weather can be iffy in northern summer.

peru offers a good combination of value and action in reasonably safe venues and you can get by in most parts with minimal spanish. looks are good, but more of the girls are short and darker skinned (which i like personally).

my personal favorite is colombia for the combination of gfe, the best lookers (along with vz which i have yet to visit) and, best of all, lack of foreigners (outside cartagena). as a first timer with limited spanish skills, i reccommend cartagena to you. drawbacks: horrible climate, shitty, dirty, beaches, annoyingly persistent touts, and no strip joints/sex clubs. freelancers are the go here.

hope this helps in your decision, but anywhere you go in sa will be heaps better than britain (for women, food and weather). as much as people bash so many aspects of life in the uk, i will say that for good government , no country on earth is even in the same league. i'd give up our food, weather, american football, all of it if we could trade the moron in the white house for tony blair (or cherrie for that matter). hail britannia!

XXL
10-15-05, 18:44
I don't think we should clutter the Peru site with a discussion of sundry countries but I have a duty to chip in here because the question can be answered with resounding aplomb. The Oscar for best mongering, best pussy concentration, best BBBJ, best BB, best you-name-it-as-long-as-it's-sex goes to pom-pom-pom ... JAKARTA. OK, the place is (no longer) the best place for dope, but we can do without that for a while, can't we?

Of course I'll be in Lima two weeks from now, of course I may visit Africa in February, I don't think a monger worthy of the name should relinquish diversity only because one mongering spot beats all the others by a wide margin. But the fact is, there is such a spot right now and it is the capital city of the world's most populous muslim nation.

xxl

Jaimito Cartero
10-15-05, 20:39
While rating countries can get very personal, I prefer to have a top 10 list. Jakarta is certainly near or at the top of my list, but Lima is also in the top 5. BA is in there too.

However, since I have not yet been to some of the the major pussy capitals, it's a rather early race. I hope to have hit the 10 most talked about destinations in the next few years. Here are my top picks, in no particular order.

Costa Rica,
Brazil,
Argentina,
Peru,
Thailand
Indonesia
Nicaragua

I hope to add Colombia, the Phillipines and Cambodia in the next year. I'm hitting Russia for a few days in December (long enough to freeze my balls) and have a 6 continent trip next year that may add some Antipodean and African chicas to these stats.

Worse countries to monger in?

USA
UK

Dick Rambone
10-15-05, 21:31
Jaimito,

True that the US is one of the worst place to monger, but I plan to hit Manchester UK sometime wher the parlour game is hot. Lot's of bbbj and other specialties. One of the best is Sandyssupestars or Arabesque.

Dick

Artisttyp
10-16-05, 02:59
Just wanted to post that I'm planning on going down to lima for 2 weeks this wednesday oct. 19.I've done quite alot of international "mongering".I'm 36 years old greek/turkish/russian from new york city..I look spanish or italian and do fairly well with spanish.Maybe someone would like to meet to exchange notes...whatever.
I will follow a few recommendations from this site then let my instinct guide me through the rest.I'm also going to enjoy the mountains etc. sometimes tours are cheaper with 2 people so thats another invitation.

I'm going to be staying in miraflores.I found a hotel for $10 listed on the frommers.com website which should be legit.They will pick me up at the airport for $10.I thought try it out for 2 nights I cant go wrong.I'd be more than willing to pay$35/40 but in some of these countries you can get the same for less.
I'm looking forward to nice people too...new york gets obnoxious.

XXL
10-16-05, 18:52
Artisttyp,

You should remember tourist guides have quite other priorities compared to us mongers. They seem to carter either to families or to gay backpackers.

I've stopped trusting them, including the overrated Lonely Planet, because whenever I did, I always seemed to end up in one of the few hotels that were either far from any action or not chica-friendly or both.

The best hotel guide in your case is the internationalsexguide forum.

Take a look at the following:

http://www.hotellaspalmas.com/ubicacion.htm

http://www.hotel-marialuisa.com/

http://www.eldoral.com.pe/

El Doral is more expensive than the other two, being quoted at 46 dollars but you can bargain them down to half that price. The first two are more within your price bracket.

Write a mail to the three asking for a two-week ("quincenal") price. Fifty percent reductions or more compared to the advertised price are not unusual in Lima.

These hotels are near the action. They will arrange for airport pick-up ("traslado del aeropuerto") if required.

Artisttyp
10-16-05, 19:30
Can someone verify the address of this hotel to me.Hostal jose luis @fransico de paula ugarriza 727.I understand what someone was saying about the hostels.Usually I dont like to bring girls back to my room only in the DR.So I thought I would either go to a casa de citas or rent a room when I meet a girl.Would this be wrong?

I'm more concerned what someone said about being at a hostal in miraflores in the middle of knowhere.Would that make it very unreasonable to get around? Also can anyone advise me abou the saftey of taxis? I just grabbed them off the street in quito ecuador and felt safe.I'd never do that in mexico city instead I feel safer going by subway.

I have no exact time frame to book my trip.I thought I'd do everything today but after the responses to my post I will wait awhile to hear from you guys.Thank you to those who have posted their thoughts. Much appreciated.

Let me know I'm itching to buy a plane ticket!

Artisttyp
10-16-05, 21:18
XXL,

Thanks I just went on the websites.It looks like a better idea to stick to forum recommended hotels, at least till I get there and figure it out. Again I appreciate the info on some miraflores hotels being out of the loop. Good to know.

Screwed Up
10-16-05, 22:11
If you like shooting guns. Go to Av. Tomás Marsano 2398, close by Ovalo Higuereta. No license required. You can rent 9 mm and 12 gauge for $5 a piece and access to the shooting stand for another $5. I´m not sure if these are reduced rates because they know me.

A must in Lima is the Free Flight school.
http://www.perufly.com
Strongly recommended. Fly above Larcomar and the Miraflores cliffs.

Lima Busy
10-17-05, 03:38
Please be advised that the train to Macchu Picchu is closed do to rockslides. I seriously doubt they will reopen this year. If you are planning on doing the Inca trail I suggest you contact the South American Explorers Club for info.

LB

Fun Pete
10-19-05, 14:19
I am interested in the San Martin http://www.sanmartinhotel.com/ which lists rooms from $70, or the Nido for about $50. I can see some price drop, but would they really bargain to half price?

Thanks

Artisttyp,
Write a mail to the three asking for a two-week ("quincenal") price. Fifty percent reductions or more compared to the advertised price are not unusual in Lima.

These hotels are near the action. They will arrange for airport pick-up ("traslado del aeropuerto") if required.

Jaimito Cartero
10-19-05, 20:25
I just noticed that I can now fly to Lima cheaper than Costa Rica. Strange! Aeromexico has a $378 fare from LAX or $425 from PHX. They've also got good fares from the NYC area too.

Dates seem to be wide open.

Surfer
10-20-05, 20:32
Long layover in DF BOTH WAYS and no miles (at least in programs I care about) are drawbacks, but that price is hard to beat.

XXL
10-28-05, 20:30
This is my first time, so for the first few days I woudn't mind staying at a good Hotel; once I am in Lima, I will check out what other options there are.
I also think it may not be a good idea to scrounge on the hotel price right on arrival when you have to fend for yourself in a totally new country. If you can pay 70 dollars, or at bit over 50, I would recommend Residencial Las Américas, very near Pizza Street :

http://www.hoteleslasamericas.com/hoteles_habitaciones.asp?codigo=4

All Las Américas hotels in Lima are good value for money, even more so if you book a long-stay. Remember that if you only book two days, then say you want to stay two weeks, they will probably only give you the long-stay rate for the remainder of your stay, not for the first two days. I would also recommend to book the airport transfer, if only for your peace of mind (The time between the airport and the hotel is the worse time to get robbed). Lima taxis are no worse than other big cities' but they look awfully unofficial and it is reassuring to read your name on a board when you emerge from the airport.

On the whole, I think the price/quality ratio of accomodation in Lima is very good, in fact nearly as good as SE Asia.

Fun Pete
10-29-05, 05:51
[QUOTE=XXL]I also think it may not be a good idea to scrounge on the hotel price right on arrival when you have to fend for yourself in a totally new country. If you can pay 70 dollars, or at bit over 50, I would recommend Residencial Las Américas, very near Pizza Street :

Thanks, that's exactly how I feel, I will probably let the Hotel arrange for my pickup. Lets touch the waters first :), I am sure after a few days I will find exactly what I like.

Thanks!

Lima Busy
10-29-05, 16:00
Peru's Fugitive Ex-Leader Trying to Regain Presidency

By JAMES BROOKE
Published: October 25, 2005

TOKYO, Oct. 24 - He has a new passport. He has a political party preparing his next presidential bid. He rides near the top of public opinion polls.

The only thing standing between Alberto Fujimori and a real run for the top office in Peru is about 10,000 miles of Pacific Ocean - that and a worldwide Interpol arrest warrant. He is wanted on 4 charges of human rights violations and 18 charges of corruption, stemming from his tenure as Peru's president from 1990 to 2000.

Without direct flights between Tokyo and Lima, Mr. Fujimori would have to change planes somewhere, probably in Dallas or Los Angeles, where he would run the risk of arrest. A private plane would be expensive, and any planes available in Japan would have to stop at least once for refueling, executives at rental companies said.

"Submarino?" Mr. Fujimori joked in an interview on Monday, offering in Spanish an alternative means of crossing the Pacific.

But before Peruvians start patrolling their beaches for the stealthy return of their fugitive president, Mr. Fujimori wants the world to know that he is preparing for a traditional Latin American homecoming, through the front door.

After five years of self-exile in Japan, the land of his ancestors, Mr. Fujimori promises to fly back to Peru within six months. On Monday he sent Luis Delgado Aparicio, general secretary of Sí Cumple, the party the former president formed in 2003, to Lima to prepare for his return. Mr. Delgado's orders are to cement an alliance with two other parties Mr. Fujimori founded and hold a unified nominating convention by Dec. 10.

Ticking off election deadlines from a Web site printout, Mr. Fujimori said his party would register him as a presidential candidate by Jan. 9 and a full list of candidates for Peru's 120-seat Congress by Feb. 8. The first round of elections is to be held on April 9.

In public opinion polls this fall, Mr. Fujimori generally comes in second, winning 15 to 20 percent of the vote. Lourdes Flores Naño, a conservative, scores 20 to 24 percent in the race to succeed President Alejandro Toledo, whose support languishes in the single digits.

"The other groups are trying to capture the Fujimori vote, so they are saying that Fujimori will not return," said the former president, who calls himself a "candidato virtual" as he campaigns through his trilingual Web site.

In 1990, as a dark-horse candidate, Mr. Fujimori soared on word-of-mouth support in street markets to win the presidency. Today he keeps up with his working-class fans through weekly talks on three national radio networks, up from only one network a year ago.

When reminded that the Peruvian Congress voted in 2000 to ban him from holding public office until 2011, Mr. Fujimori said the ban was unconstitutional because it could come only after a criminal conviction, not an indictment.

After years of ignoring the mountain of charges against him, Mr. Fujimori hired a Lima law firm last February. Last week, his legal team won a small victory. Peru's Supreme Court dropped one corruption charge, leaving 18. So he could fly to Peru, Mr. Fujimori said he hoped his lawyers would negotiate a waiver with Washington to allow him to switch planes without arrest.

His opponents say he is welcome to go home to Peru, whenever he chooses.

"He is welcome to buy a ticket home," Javier Ciurlizza, special international legal adviser to the Foreign Ministry, said Saturday from New York, where he was asking American human rights groups to appeal to Japan to act on Peru's 27-month-old extradition demand. "He will be met at the airport by a judge." Japan has declined to act, noting that Mr. Fujimori has Japanese citizenship and that it has no extradition treaty with Peru.

The former president says he is not worried about facing a judge.

"The charges are groundless," Mr. Fujimori said. "To arrest Fujimori would be to set off a political earthquake."

Although Peruvian journalists and politicians accuse Mr. Fujimori of stealing hundreds of millions of dollars, facts are hard to come by. Two years ago Peru's government received a report on Mr. Fujimori's finances from the risk consulting company Kroll Inc. Although the government paid $350,000 for the work, the report has never been released.

But with Lima newspapers stating that the report failed to uncover any secret bank accounts controlled by the former president, Mr. Fujimori's supporters have been demanding this fall that it be made public.

"To all these charges - my answer is zero - there is absolutely not a single proof of misappropriation of funds," Mr. Fujimori said Monday. "I basically live off the lectures." He gives "three or four" paid lectures a month, which makes ends meet largely, he says, because "I have virtually no expenditures."

"I shop for my own food," the 67-year-old former president said. "I cook my own meals. I drive my own car." He also gets free office and living space in a Tokyo hotel, compliments of the hotel owner, Satomi Kataoka, his 38-year-old girlfriend.

Mr. Ciurlizza, his legal nemesis, said he was not moved by accounts of Mr. Fujimori's low-key lifestyle here. "Kroll had a very hard time finding the smoking gun," he said by telephone. "Fujimori is not just another Latin American president who is in trouble. We are in front of a mafia, the leader of a mafia."

Asked about that characterization, Mr. Fujimori smiled and replied evenly, "I am a leader - of the Peruvian popular masses."

With the political clock ticking, millions of Peruvians are trying to guess his next step. Few people seem to believe that the former president, calculating by nature and an engineer by training, will try a dramatic return, by land, air or submarine.

"I don't think that he has the courage to try an adventure of this type," Mr. Ciurlizza said. "But if he does, welcome! He has to be arrested immediately."

Some analysts say Mr. Fujimori may campaign only offshore. In this political chess game, he would offer the new president congressional votes in return for amnesty.

Uneasy about such a scenario, Mr. Ciurlizza sighed and said: "Fujimori is not stupid. He has a strategy devised to return to Peru to get an amnesty."

Fun Pete
11-09-05, 06:45
If I wanted to bring a few gift items, what kind of gifts would be appreciated by Peruvian chicas? Perfum, underwear? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lima Busy
11-09-05, 17:07
Put me down for underwear (boxers) a bottle of JD and if you could bring a some (MiracleGro) for my garden it would be appreciated.

If you are talking about normal girls wait till you meet them.
LB

Jaimito Cartero
11-09-05, 23:34
If I wanted to bring a few gift items, what kind of gifts would be appreciated by Peruvian chicas? Perfum, underwear? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

All the ones I meet only want cash. ;)

Lima Busy
11-10-05, 16:13
Miraflores disrict restricts the attention of bars

The "teniente alcalde" (municipality's lieutenant) of Miraflores Municipality Jorge Muñoz Wells, has announced that the norm 212 has been published the in the official newspaper “El Peruano”. With this norm it is decreed that all
establishments located in the passages San Ramon and Figari, more known
as "La calle de las pizzas" can be open only until one in the early morning
from Sunday to Thursday, and until two in the early morning from Friday to
Saturday and also in the eve of a holiday.

This limitation applies to the bars and restaurants located in the
blocks 3 and 4 in Av.Oscar Benavides; blocks 1, 2 and 3 in Berlin and blocks 1 and 2 in Bellavista. The bar's administrations which do not respect the norm will be fined with 3.300 soles, and if they repeat the fault, the license to have a bar will be revoked for good.

Jorge Muñoz said that this norm regulates the attention schedule because the neighbors protest against the noise and the insecurity generated by these commercial establishments in the area.

The owners of the restaurants, pubs and discotheques from this area
announced that they will open their business until 3 in the early morning
from Sunday to Thursday, and until the 5 in the early morning on week ends,
as they have been doing for the last 25 years.

Screwed Up
11-13-05, 00:05
I am interested in the San Martin http://www.sanmartinhotel.com/ which lists rooms from $70, or the Nido for about $50. I can see some price drop, but would they really bargain to half price?

Thanks
I´m staying in the Nido right now for $35/night. If you have a laptop, the internet is top-notch. And there is a good restaurant on the corner with menu´s for 6 soles.
At first I had the $30 rate, but there seemed to be some "misunderstanding", so now I´m paying $35.
Make sure you have them write down $30 and don´t rely on verbal agreements. $35 is no problem at all though.

I´ll write a full report on the nido in the hotel section in 2 weeks.

IamLookin
11-20-05, 14:03
I have a girl friend there and she wants me to stay with her there. Wondering if any extra curricular activities around that area?

thanks

Lima Busy
11-20-05, 17:36
imlookin, IMHO the only time your bed will be shaking in Moquega is during one of the frequent earthquakes. I passed thru about 2 months ago and did not see any places. But I could be wrong, let us know what you find out!

LB

IamLookin
11-27-05, 02:15
I will be going to see my girlfriend in Moquegua but will be in Lima overnight waiting for the next flight. Are there any places near the airport?

thanks

XXL
11-27-05, 06:32
Are there any places near the airport?
Actually Trocadero (in Callao) is not far from the airport but it opens from 4pm until 10pm so it depends on what you mean by "overnight".

IamLookin
11-27-05, 14:45
and I leave the next day around 7am. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Surfer
11-28-05, 02:49
Just skip the sleep, go to Tequila in Miraflores, then a love motel. Be back at airport at 6am no problem. Store your bags at airport, of course.

Shamas
11-29-05, 20:17
Manuel 9-739-3562

He has good English skills and is a very nice person. I enjoy using his services and am sure others will also.

Shamas

Shamas
11-29-05, 21:57
Saw LB & I at my hotel, great to see and chat with them both.

Went to Pizza alley for a quick snack. I was sitting in an outdoor resturant but next to the wall which put me away from the walk way. I put my photo bag on a chair which I thought was enough out of sight to be safe. I got my Sony Handicam out and was setting it up when some guy gave me a flyer, that´s all the time it took for him to lift my bag and stuff it in a big hand bag he was carrying. I noticed it in a second and he had only gotten a step away, I hollered and he flew like the wind. The waitress gave chase and I grabbed my Handicam and did what I could but he had jumped in a cab and was gone.

I lost a Fuji camera which wasn´t that valuable but I did have some pics for a few of the girls.

I also lost my keys to get in my car when I get home. The keys are a real pain to replace.

I almost always keep the bag strap around my arm when I carry a bag, this time I thought it would be safe as the bag was in a corner and under table level in a chair. The guy proberly had been scoping me out for a while, the bag was nice. Well so much for that.

It was my fault for not keeping the bag secured better, I´m happy I didn´t lose my Handicam also.

Shamas O´D

Jaimito Cartero
11-29-05, 22:31
Went to Pizza alley for a quick snack. I was sitting in an outdoor resturant but next to the wall which put me away from the walk way. I put my photo bag on a chair which I thought was enough out of sight to be safe. I got my Sony Handicam out and was setting it up when some guy gave me a flyer, that´s all the time it took for him to lift my bag and stuff it in a big hand bag he was carrying. I noticed it in a second and he had only gotten a step away, I hollered and he flew like the wind. The waitress gave chase and I grabbed my Handicam and did what I could but he had jumped in a cab and was gone.

I lost a Fuji camera which wasn´t that valuable but I did have some pics for a few of the girls.

I also lost my keys to get in my car when I get home. The keys are a real pain to replace.

I almost always keep the bag strap around my arm when I carry a bag, this time I thought it would be safe as the bag was in a corner and under table level in a chair. The guy proberly had been scoping me out for a while, the bag was nice. Well so much for that.

It was my fault for not keeping the bag secured better, I´m happy I didn´t lose my Handicam also

I feel your pain. I used to carry a larger camera bag around, but a few years back just changed to a small camera that will fit in my pocket. It's also much easier to get photos when you go to some of the less desirable areas. If you carry a big camera, they won't even let you in the door.

If I'm going for a week or more, I'll take my laptop and transfer the photos every few days. I did it on an almost daily basis in Brazil since the paranoia for getting ripped off is much higher there.

Lima Busy
11-29-05, 23:20
I know it will not make you feel better, but this guy was a "Pro". Even if you live down here you learn to carry as little as possible. Other than cars I have never had anything ripped off, yet I do not have one friend who has had a cellphone for more then a few months. A pro will always put something like a flyer in front of your face and grab your cellphone or camera off the table and can do it in a flash without others at the table seeing. This week a guy tried it on my cellphone at the corner cafe and luckly the security guy grabbed his other arm in a wrestling hold before I realized what was going on. Also this week while at a traffic light a guy who looked like he was selling something tried to grab my watch. Luckly it had a safety catch and I gave him a elbow in the mouth and he took off. Lima is probably one of the safest cities in LA but petty theft is absolutly rampant. Forget about "Trophy Pics" or carry a mini-camera. Also Laptops are highly prized and should never be carried around in a computer bag. If you must bring it while you are walking put it in a "metro supermarket bag" and hold it against your stomach in a casual way.

Good luck and stay safe!
LB

R Brandon
11-29-05, 23:28
I am sorry about your misfortune Shamas. I have learned to carry a minimum wandering some of the sleazzy places I go in San Jose. You can never be too careful. Enjoy the rest of your trip and be careful.

R Brandon(rbc100)

Lima Busy
11-30-05, 03:19
Saw LB & I at my hotel, great to see and chat with them both.
Shamas O´D
Shamas, Ja ja! thanks for not giving us up at the ML. We where bringing her in sin cedula. She has some young guy from NYC trying to get in her pants. He called while she was riding me and she gave me the phone to translate, I told the guy she was working till 3am at the bar and that he should hang out and wait for her and be sure to tip! Now if he were a ISG guy I would have told him to just lick his wounds and move on. Always amazed young bucks thinking they can move in on my turf!

Lb

Surfer
11-30-05, 22:58
You mentioned young bucks being wrong, so I asume that meands guys like ME can move in. What is that maid's number again LOL!

The point about carrying things in cheap looking grocery bags, rather than flashy leather or aluminum cases, is sound for ALL valuables in ANY country.

I am off to Vietnam for three weeks meaning no Peru until February. ): Guess I'll just have to "settle" for those LOVELY VN girls. Yummy! Hasta Luego Compadre

Lima Busy
12-01-05, 20:22
You mentioned young bucks being wrong, so I asume that meands guys like ME can move in. What is that maid's number again LOL!

The point about carrying things in cheap looking grocery bags, rather than flashy leather or aluminum cases, is sound for ALL valuables in ANY country.

I am off to Vietnam for three weeks meaning no Peru until February. ): Guess I'll just have to "settle" for those LOVELY VN girls. Yummy! Hasta Luego Compadre

When you are here in Feb. you are welcome to give it your best shot (rotfl). I hope you enjoy Vietnam! (send us photos).

LB

Surfer
12-01-05, 20:46
I do have her G rated pics to email to her but must locate her email. If you could send it to me that would make it easier (plus you'll get copies TOO! Might even send you the indecent ones-she asked that only the G rated ones be sent). I hope you and LB will be around in Feb. Any interest in a trip up to Mancora then? I am heading up there for sure, but rather than my original plan of flying to Guayaquil then driving across the border, I will spend a few days in Miraflores in the sunny summer! I also want to explore La Molina a bit (:

And I DO need to return to Trujillo (recall the two ships passing in the night incident). I'll post a link here when I put my Vietnam pictures up. Suerte amigos.

R Brandon
12-03-05, 19:48
After months of research 12 trips to hobby in Costa Rica and 2 in Dominican Republic over the last two years I am ready to try Peru.I will be coming January 27 to February 5. It would be great to catch up with some of the locals for a beer as well as anyone visiting during that time.Most of my hobbying has been in the local scene In San Jose and I plan to explore some of the local places in Lima as well as spend some time out of Lima. I hve done lots of research both here and on Perutops and gathered losts of information but sure I will have questions.

Rbrandon (rbc100)

Surferjoe
12-04-05, 01:33
I´m staying in the Nido right now for $35/night. If you have a laptop, the internet is top-notch. And there is a good restaurant on the corner with menu´s for 6 soles.

At first I had the $30 rate, but there seemed to be some "misunderstanding", so now I´m paying $35.

Make sure you have them write down $30 and don´t rely on verbal agreements. $35 is no problem at all though.

I´ll write a full report on the nido in the hotel section in 2 weeks.I stayed at the San Martin for $35 a night.

Samu Ray
12-18-05, 04:43
About a week ago I visited ¨Emanuelle¨ night club? actually a *****house.
There were about 30 girls! most of them looked to be over 25, well versed in their trade. They would not approach you unless you showed some interest in talking to rhem. Among all these ladies of the evening there was only one girl that I would have liked to screw. She said her price was $100, plus 176 soles fine plus 120 for room, on top of that I paid 50 soles entrance! Hell! that makes very close to $ 200! I will not pay such a price ever! even if
I had the money! And that price was for two hours only!

That remains me of the guy who paid $ 8 for a taxi from Phnom Penh airport
into downtown or the guy who paid $10 an hour for a taxi in Lima!
When arriving in Cambodia I never paid more than $1 for a taxi into downtown. You see, the trick is, if you don`t have heavy back pack, get out
of the airport compound, get to the outside street where you will find lots of
motorcycles. This works also at the airport in Lima. When arriving in Lima
¨watch out¨ taxi drivers will ¨say¨ 20 or 30, at the end of your journey they
will charge in $$$. As for the guy who charged $ 10 an hour, he probably is
still laughing his head off! In Peru, even professionals make around $200 a
month.

When visiting ¨Cucardas: you need to spend some time getting used to the
environment. Some girls may be busy. There are, after 6:00 pm, very nice,
physically, *****s. I screwed :Jenifer: room 6. Very nice, no rush, nice body.
Avoid :Pamela: next door 7, she threw me out once before I was done.
I have seen these and other girls working in the same rooms for a while.

For those familiar with :Plaza San Martin: the av that runs southwards from
this plaza runs past Cucardas. Cucardas is one block off, to the right, of the
nine block of :Colonial: av. During the day I usually walk to this *****house.

Samu Ray
12-18-05, 04:57
I just read a repot on :Huancayo:
It really is frustating! If I went to visit this place I would like to have some idea where this gentleman, had a good time with two girls. As it is, this report doesn´t help me!

Would you, kindly, give more information if you have? I am really interested. Right now I am visiting Peru,
Thanks a lot!

Lima Busy
12-20-05, 16:52
SR,
Don't get your panties in a wad! I would suggest you do the same as the gentleman you referred to and buy the local paper once you arrive. Most girls will be listed in the classifieds under "Relax". Alternatively here is some info from Perutops to help you.

Via Crucis - Las primeras 7 Estaciones

PRIMERA ESTACION.- Empezamos por el Acuario, la mas antigua de las estaciones, la han querido cerrar, pero sigue en la lucha. Preguntar por Sol, Charo, Karen, Ivonne.
Esta ubicado a la entrada de la ciudad, a unas cuadras del paradero Intihuatana. Con taxi desde el centro no mas de 4 ó 5 soles. Lugar bastante seguro pero no se confien.

SEGUNDA ESTACION.- Hostal Santo Domingo, a unas cuadras de Telefonica bajando por Jr. Ica. Preguntas al hotelero, si hay chicas, y te dara los números de cuartos y alguna que otra recomendada.
Seguro de día, pero de noche mejor con taxi, en especialmente al pasar Jr. Ica y Real. Pregunta por una huanuaqueña algo mayor, pero sabe su oficio. También hay una morena. 25 a 30 el servicio. aunque me parece caro, vuelvo a la primera Estaci{on

TERCERA ESTACION.- Hostal el Gorrion, entre Cajamarca y Arequipa, también tiene para escoger, hay altas y agaradas como delgaditas y finitas.

CUARTA ESTACION.- Un Hostal que no recuerdo el nombre que esta en Jr. Huancavelica 1410 segundo piso, casi todas del telefono te contestan de este lugar, hay altas y renegonas,... es una estación más...

QUINTA ESTACION.- Otro Hotel es el que estas entre Amazonas y Giraldez, al cuarto piso, pregunta al recepcionista, por las nuevas, por estos días, ya estan llegando.

SESTA ESTACION.- Hostal Las cascadas, frente a la Universidad Continental, hay quen entrar con taxi, el lugar era bastante peligroso antes, todas las veces que ido, me dicen para mas tarde, no llegue a atenderme.

SEPTIMA ESTACION.- A esta estación hay que llamar, es un apartamento 0649638412. No es lo que aparenta, el lugar es seguro, pero los cuartos, ya veran si se animan, hay dos o tres chicas de donde escoger.

Esto es una escueta descripción de lo que encontrarán esta semana tranca en Huancayo, estan todos invitados a recorrer las 14 estaciones.

Si hay alguna omisión o error, avisen

NJ Dude II
12-21-05, 03:52
Check out the webpages placeresdelperu or nenasperu. Yyou can get GFEs for $40 an hour. Of course if you offer $ 200 the girl will take it. But you can get excellent service for much less!

Pedro in NJ

Fatkatrio
01-10-06, 23:26
Will be in Lima for Superbowl weekend. Can I watch the bowl there? Also looking for a less than $50 girl friendly Hotel. First time to Peru. Thanks

Hoof Hunter
01-11-06, 00:16
Will be in Lima for Superbowl weekend. Can I watch the bowl there? Also looking for a less than $50 girl friendly Hotel. First time to Peru. Thanks

The Corner Sports Bar on Larco, about 3 blocks from Larcomar, will probably be showing it. It's like an American-style sports bar. Just got back last week, and they were showing pretty much every bowl game. They even take bets there.

Check the Lima Accomodations thread for hotel choices. There are several recommended.

Suave Gato
01-12-06, 02:12
The Corner sports cafe is in fact "gringo" owned and as I will be there as well, I already confirmed the game is on. Whenever I have been there for a big game, they always run drink specials as well. (personal favorite is 2x1 jack's).

It is also a good bet that the "Hooter's" in Larco Mar will have the game as well!

Lima Busy
01-13-06, 21:36
The Corner sports cafe is in fact "gringo" owned and as I will be there as well, I already confirmed the game is on. Whenever I have been there for a big game, they always run drink specials as well. (personal favorite is 2x1 jack's).

It is also a good bet that the "Hooter's" in Larco Mar will have the game as well!

Other options are "The Old Pub" and the "Benchley Arms" but no "specials" unless you can pull out the barmaids.

I heard a rumour that the "Madonna" chicas will be dressed like cheerleaders and even though Frank will not have the game, there will be BJ specials and Lima's version of "Sack the Quarterback"

So how about it Frank?

LB

Pinga
01-19-06, 06:15
I've noticed the Peru board has been very quiet lately. I would post more except I am not there yet.

Lima Busy
01-20-06, 15:33
About a year ago I heard a rumor about an apartment where they were supposedly making “Porno films”.
I did not think much of it at the time, as I figured it was a “DUP operation” only. Since then we have noticed almost every day a stream of “Model Types” going into and out of this building on a fairly regular basis. About 3 weeks ago I was walking down “Schell” when the most beautiful “Black girl” I had ever seen, passed by me. I followed her for a block or two admiring her fine ass. She stopped at a corner for a traffic light and I approached her. I am normally not attracted to black women and certainly not intimidated by beauty. However when I saw her face, I started to stammer in Spanish (not a pretty sight), if you look up bobo in a dictionary, you will find my photo.

I quickly switched into English but she did not understand a word and laughed at me and walked off.
Well it turns out she was headed for the very same apartment building and I knew I had to find out what was going on.

The next afternoon I was hanging down the street with a friend when two chicks came past and we knew where they were headed. We followed them into the building and security did not stop us. We got on the elevator and went up too the fourth floor and followed the girls to an apartment where they rang a buzzer. A guy opened a door and ushered us all in. He proceeded to give us a form asking for our vitals. We got to talking too the girls and gleaned that this was a casting agency. After a while a girl came out and led us into a large photography studio. They proceeded to photograph and video tape us and sent us on our way.

Two days later, I got a call from a producer asking if I was interested in doing a TV commercial and we agreed to meet that afternoon for some more photos. It turns out the commercial was for (BCP) a large bank in Peru and they wanted a “gringo” for a restaurant scene they were shooting. I was told they would pay about $30 an hour, but to be honest I would have done it as a lark.

A few nights later I had to go to a famous restaurant on the beach which they had rented to shoot the spot.
When I arrived I met three gorgeous chicks who would be in the commercial with me. A 6Ft. Cuban girl, a 6Ft. Latvian blonde and a Liv Tyler look-alike. We shot the commercial in 3 hours and then they had a wrap party.

So in the end, I still do not know about the “porn’ place. But I have found a way to meet some very hot chics.

Screwed Up
01-20-06, 17:20
Nice story, LB.

I was once walking down the street with my gf D. 3 months ago and some 40yo lady gave me a business card of a model agency. At first I thought she wanted my gf, but she wanted me for a beer commercial. However I was leaving in 2 days.
Both my gf and her mother told me it might as well be a gigolo service. I didn't think too much of it.
But I lost the card and off course regret this, because as LB states it. It's a great spot to get to learn some hotties.

The other day in Tequila another 40yo was flirting with both me, a young black guy and a skinny Italian guy. She wanted one or all of us and was willing to pay. I didn't ask how much and wasn't really interested.
She was cool to talk with though. But she tried to kiss me on the mouth and I'm really not into that (I don't like kissing anymore), she noticed that, got pissed, then left alone.

PS: It would be hard to believe there is a professional porno studio in Lima, because all the Peruvian porn I checked out was always shot at sleazy dark motel rooms with hidden camera's. I've yet to find some decent Peruvian porn.

Pinga
01-21-06, 01:51
Great stories guys. So LB, have you signed up to do more commercials and did you get to know your co-stars better?

Lima Busy
01-21-06, 20:24
Great stories guys. So LB, have you signed up to do more commercials and did you get to know your co-stars better?

Not the way you mean! The latvian chic was a hot blond with a german/peruvian husband. I could tell she was into it, but could not break her away. The Cuban chic (negrita)short afro type hair had a young cuban boyfriend with her and did not give me the time of day. It turns out he was trying to hit on my wife. The Liv Tyler (look-a-like) was there with a entourage, so i was 0-3.

We just shot the commercial last week and this week I have been occupied with drop in the world stock markets (my real job). I am hoping to have time to get over to the agency for some schmoozing ( really want to see their book) and maybe take the owner out for a drink, when i can figure out who is in charge.

As a aside the best looking girls in Lima are not from Lima. Most everybody will agree that the ones from the north or the jungle are the hottest. I share that opinion as well. Yesterday i was talking with "screwed up" and found out that he and I are both attracted to them and the Piura/Cuzco mix which both my wife and his girlfriend share.

The other consensus we reached after my 3rd-4th Pisco puro, is that the true beauty of the peruvian women has to do with her personality as they generally are not that photogenic. But now I am babbling.......

LB

Surfer
01-22-06, 19:04
not the cutest chic but very agreeable LOL

Screwed Up
01-22-06, 22:20
Great stuff. Hahahaaaa.
Post more anal shots.

IamLookin
01-24-06, 11:57
I have a girlfriend in Peru and she recommended it. Does anyone know about it?

thanks

Jacko71
01-24-06, 12:09
not the cutest chic but very agreeable LOL

Yeah mate!!! Good pics. More please. More anal pics please. We're waiting for your good oppurtunity doing her anal!!!

ciao!!!

Pinga
01-24-06, 18:09
Where's Juanchaco? Not familiar with the name.

Pinga
01-24-06, 18:31
Surfer,

Very nice pics specially where the girl is taking in El Culo. Post some more.

Hoof Hunter
01-25-06, 06:03
Is Gamarra the same kinda shopping set-up as Polvos Azules? Which is better of the two? Cheaper? A non-pro chica just mentioned Gamarra. Just interested. I only remember seeing Gamarra bordering a mongering hole similar to the Troc.

I usually do my underwear and knick-knack (belts, socks, etc.) shopping in places like these in Latin America. Beats spending $10-15USD on boxers in the USA. LOL!!!

Also, anyone ever been to Etheria, a disco in San Borja? It's located at Calle Ucello, 220 (una cuadra de Javier Prado con Aviacion, espalda de Plaza Vea). I think it's a normal disco, not sure about semi-pros or pros or anything. Just checking to see if it's worth checking out. Anyone experienced it?

Lima Busy
01-25-06, 15:37
Is Gamarra the same kinda shopping set-up as Polvos Azules? Which is better of the two? Cheaper? A non-pro chica just mentioned Gamarra. Just interested. I only remember seeing Gamarra bordering a mongering hole similar to the Troc.

I usually do my underwear and knick-knack (belts, socks, etc.) shopping in places like these in Latin America. Beats spending $10-15USD on boxers in the USA. LOL!!!

Also, anyone ever been to Etheria, a disco in San Borja? It's located at Calle Ucello, 220 (una cuadra de Javier Prado con Aviacion, espalda de Plaza Vea). I think it's a normal disco, not sure about semi-pros or pros or anything. Just checking to see if it's worth checking out. Anyone experienced it?

HH,
Gamarra is a different type setup then Polvos Azules. It is a district as opposed to one building. You walk along a long street with storefronts on both
sides of the street. Generally speaking the prices can be lower in Gamarra as it is also a manufacturing area for clothing (sweatshops). A safer area with good prices might be the Centro Mercado in downtown by Calle Japon.

No experience with Disco's in Lima, but I must say I am encouraged by your desire to expand out of Miraflores. The quality of the experience as well as a more down to earth attitude amongst the normal girls increases in direct proportion to the distance away from here you travel.

Pinga
01-26-06, 03:46
Have a question for los puteros in Lima. Do the internet cafes in Lima have AOL software installed in their pc's? Or is some other software like IE used to navigate ?

Screwed Up
01-27-06, 01:27

Gamarra is cheaper but I mostly found girls clothing there. Get out after 7PM. That's when the security leaves. Could be 9PM, I'm not sure.

Never heard about that disco, but figured as we're talking regular chicks to attach some pics from a night out at Break in Lince on Av. Arequipa. I have no idea why they were doing this défilé other than to entertain the people. Pics taken around 1AM on a Fridaynight.

Btw, even better than Bierhaus where we went is the Caja Vieja or Casa Vieja(?) in Esperanza, 1 block from Parque Kenneday. 30 sol entrance fee with open bar. Free drinks!!!

Screwed Up
01-27-06, 01:31
More pics from a night out at Break in Lince on Av. Arequipa. 4-5 sol ride from Parque Kennedy in Miraflores.

Hoof Hunter
01-27-06, 02:06
We walked right by Casa Vieja in December. Matter of factly, you parked directly in front of it. Yeah, 30 soles and free beer and pisco sours all nite. Plenty of non-pros and some semi-pros in there. Had a good time there when I went. And no dancing gay-looking dudes show either at Casa Vieja.

I'll be there tomorrow night (Fri.). I'll give you a call around midnight.

No worries. I don't plan to be down at Gamarra/Polvos Azules after 4 or 5 pm. LOL!!!

Gamarra is cheaper but I mostly found girls clothing there. Get out after 7PM. That's when the security leaves. Could be 9PM, I'm not sure.

Never heard about that disco, but figured as we're talking regular chicks to attach some pics from a night out at Break in Lince on Av. Arequipa. I have no idea why they were doing this défilé other than to entertain the people. Pics taken around 1AM on a Fridaynight.

Btw, even better than Bierhaus where we went is the Caja Vieja or Casa Vieja(?) in Esperanza, 1 block from Parque Kenneday. 30 sol entrance fee with open bar. Free drinks!!!

Pinga
01-28-06, 14:06
Tried to look up the classified sections in Comercio, Chino and Trome dalies but their websites did not allow it. Anyone have a suggestion how to find them?

Dick Rambone
01-28-06, 15:26
http://www.elcomercioperu.com.pe/clasificados/macro/BscOportunidades.asp

Look under Relax and type Masajes

IamLookin
01-28-06, 15:44
Can someone tell me how long I should expect to wait to go through immigration and how long to get back? I have heard stories of long waiting times to get back from Peru and I don't want to miss my plane or connections

thanks for any help out there

IamLookin
01-28-06, 16:46
I will be arriving at around 10:30 pm on a Wednesday night and leaving on a 7:30am flight on Sunday. thanks for any help there

Pinga
01-28-06, 18:03
http://www.elcomercioperu.com.pe/clasificados/macro/BscOportunidades.asp

Look under Relax and type Masajes Thanks Dick R. I had been looking under "empleos and profesionales ofrecidos"and sauna,masajes,kine would not yield anything. I remember that kines would advertise in that section but that was almost 4 years ago . They must have moved it to the "opurtunidades" section.

Pinga
01-28-06, 18:33
Found this site in El Comercio but pics look like it would be a TS

http://bibysensual.tripod.com/

Pinga
01-28-06, 18:47
Anyone tried this spa ? haircut,facial,massage,manicure,pedicure and something called pubic haircut? that is what I call a FS salon. Soon to have acupuncture,body piercing and tatoos.

http://www.spaformen.tripod.com/servicios.html

Dick Rambone
01-28-06, 20:06
Pinga,

If you like Milf's you might want to call: Alondra / PDP / 9727-3239 / Miraflores / Señora / .She will give you bbbj and anal. Good reviews in Perutops. You can see her at Placeres del Peru website.

Dick

Dave_Far
01-28-06, 20:41
With such a large number of Chinese immigrants in Peru, has anyone find any Chinese pros in Peru?

NJ Dude II
01-29-06, 18:47
Check out this chinita in Lima:

http://www.chinitajessica.com/

Some girl from Northern Peru (tumbes, trujillo, lambayeque) have asian features (eyes, cheekbone). Well, most of ancient peruvians came from Asia.

Chinese immigrants in peru came from Canton, as cheap labor to work in the railroads in the XIX century, and most Japanese from Kumamoto island, early XX century.

Chinese immigrants created Chifa, Chinese-Peruvian Cuisine, which is simply delicious. Try it !!

PedroNJ

Fguagua
01-30-06, 19:55
whats up guys. Will be in lima on feb 8th till March 3rd and wanted know what banos turkos to hit first and I should get a apartment or hotel because in brazil I made the mistake of getting a hotel (not girl friendly) and had to get an apartment on the side>

Also are this chick from placeres del peru ligid fotos and how much do they ask for.

Anyone who wants to me up is cool with me. Thx

Pinga
01-31-06, 00:43
Fguagua, for your information that means "read the fucking forum".

Pinga
02-05-06, 03:50
Pinga,

If you like Milf's you might want to call: Alondra / PDP / 9727-3239 / Miraflores / Señora / .She will give you bbbj and anal. Good reviews in Perutops. You can see her at Placeres del Peru website.

DickHave you seen her? How old is she and what are her rates. I saw her pics on the site but can not see the face.

Dick Rambone
02-05-06, 03:55
Pinga,

Not yet but she is in my list. I think she charges 120NS for completo. Are you having fun? Keep us posted.

Dick

Pinga
02-07-06, 04:02
Anyone have info on this girl who claims that she belongs to a well known musical group in Peru and hooks on the side: http://bellabailarina.tripod.com

NJ Dude II
02-07-06, 22:56
She used to be a dancer (please stress 'used'); since her glory days she's put on some weight. However, her attitude remains the same.

NJ Dude II

Pinga
02-08-06, 01:04
She used to be a dancer (please stress 'used'); since her glory days she's put on some weight. However, her attitude remains the same.

NJ Dude II
If she is overweight, then I have no interest. I like them slim ; do not care much for big breasts as long as she has a nice firm set. I hate fake tits but a nice little culito turns me on.

NJ Dude II
02-08-06, 23:29
A friend told me that this former dancer's got the best tits he's seen in a while...so if you're a tit man you'll be ok...

Nj Dude

Pinga
02-09-06, 02:43
Yes, tell it to Nibu. I am a buttman.

Samu Ray
02-26-06, 04:15
If you plan to get sick in Lima, Peru, don`t.
Two weeks ago I needed medical assistance. On the advice of people at the
hotel I was staying in I visited one clinic and one hospital. At the clinic they
took their time, I waited for over one hour and it was about 11:00 pm. I left
and went back to the hotel. I could not sleep because of my problem. The following morning went to another hospital. I was told that if a needed to see
a Dr I would have to deposit certain amount of money. Not that I did not have the money, I was desperate but I left the place with a four letter word in my mind. I headed to the Anglo American clinic Sn Isidro. They said how much it would cost. There was a man with white coat without a name tag I suppose he was a Dr. I told him what my problem was. He picked up some instruments that I suspect were not sterile, pushed the instruments down my throat,I spat blood the Dr could not find anything. I felt there was something in there. $ 100 for a substandard medical attention!

The Spaniards were in Peru for close to 300 years spreading crap, looting.
the Spaniards did not leave anything that would have helped this nation
get ahead. The Spaniards introduced terrorism and kidnaping for gold in the
new world. On the first day they met the inca the spaniards kidnaped him
and terrorized with canons and horses the natives.Everywhere the spaniards
stayed left crap and that is what history calls "conquest" conquest? CRAP!

Screwed Up
02-27-06, 14:22
Yes, at Clinica San Pablo they're pretty fast and good.

Lima Busy
02-27-06, 19:40
And if you are staying at my apartment or any place else in Miraflores you can crawl on over to the Clinica Good Hope on Malecon Balta. It is 1/2 block from the apt and about 3 blocks from park Kennedy. I also went to a good cheap clinic with my wife for a emergency in San Miguel across from the plaza. Forgot the name but it was new,clean,modern and took great care of my wife when we thought she was having a miscarriage.

Pinga
02-28-06, 17:04
This might have been the Clinica San Gabriel by cuadra29 on La Marina. They do have very modern Facilities.

Tuna Man
03-10-06, 19:00
I have been going to Costa Rica for the past 7 years on my annual vacation. I have always enjoyed myself there and feel real comfortable in the cities and countryside. Maybe a little too comfortable.

This year, I have decided to go somewhere else in Latin America, have read a lot of the posts here, and think Peru will be the right choice. Here are my reasons for choosing Peru, so feel free to give your opinions or advice.

1. I hate to change planes when i travel, and I can go non stop from JFK (NY) to Lima, a real plus for me.

2. Mongering at a nice price. Also very important for me because I can only take one multiple week vacation a year, so I have to do it right. The better the prices, the longer I can stay. I also believe the hotels are much cheaper than CR.

3. Diverse geography. Like CR, Peru has beaches, rainforest, mountains, etc. I like to do some tourist stuff, and the Inca ruins and the Andes will give me some great photos.

Well, that is why I want to try Peru this time. I feel that beside the airline ticket, Peru should be a lot cheaper in the long run than Costa Rica. I have an understanding of the Latin culture and can speak passable Spanish.

Any comments?

Lima Busy
03-12-06, 02:30
I have been going to Costa Rica for the past 7 years on my annual vacation. I have always enjoyed myself there and feel real comfortable in the cities and countryside. Maybe a little too comfortable.

This year, I have decided to go somewhere else in Latin America, have read a lot of the posts here, and think Peru will be the right choice. Here are my reasons for choosing Peru, so feel free to give your opinions or advice.

1. I hate to change planes when i travel, and I can go non stop from JFK (NY) to Lima, a real plus for me.

2. Mongering at a nice price. Also very important for me because I can only take one multiple week vacation a year, so I have to do it right. The better the prices, the longer I can stay. I also believe the hotels are much cheaper than CR.

3. Diverse geography. Like CR, Peru has beaches, rainforest, mountains, etc. I like to do some tourist stuff, and the Inca ruins and the Andes will give me some great photos.

Well, that is why I want to try Peru this time. I feel that beside the airline ticket, Peru should be a lot cheaper in the long run than Costa Rica. I have an understanding of the Latin culture and can speak passable Spanish.

Any comments?
You are right about the hotels! check out that section for pricing. Travelling in country can be pretty expensive(air) figure $200.00 per city RT. Bus travel is cheap, but can take up to 24 hrs to get to some cities. If you plan well you could hit most every place in a month. I would probaby stay in Lima and go to Cusco and or Iquito's and save the other cities for a future trip.

Tuna Man
03-12-06, 21:31
Some comparisons would be great. I realize that in some areas it is like apples and oranges, but not all.

As far as hotels are concerned, I don't need 5 star palaces, but not a dive either. It just seems weird to see $30/night rooms within the Miraflores section. CR is getting pretty pricey. I don't know of any hotel rooms in San Jose that are under $50/night that I would want to stay in.

All replies welcome, whether you have been to CR or not.

Lima Busy
04-04-06, 18:51
A friend of mine had his buddy come in from Cali last week. Instead of taking a "Green Taxi" he hopped into a cab in the parking lot. They robbed him of his cellphone,camera,$600.00 and dumped him in Callao. Not hurt (except his pride).
If you are not going to use a recommended Taxista or do not have hotel or private pickup, really should pay the $10 and use a "green cab".

Zing23
04-04-06, 20:01
According to the world press, the national election for Peru is this coming Sunday, April 9. Is that correct?

I am arriving in Lima on Friday night and staying in Miraflores over the weekend until Tuesday.

Do you think the election will impact my stay (rallies? bars or brothels closed? riots?).

Thanks in advance.

-zing

Samu Ray
04-04-06, 20:29
If you don´t have heavy luggage, after you get out of the airport, you will get to a huge parking lot. Walk to the right until you get to a sidewalk that
leads out to the main street, there, you will see taxis waiting. 10, 12 soles
to the center of Lima.

Lima Busy
04-04-06, 21:31
According to the world press, the national election for Peru is this coming Sunday, April 9. Is that correct?

I am arriving in Lima on Friday night and staying in Miraflores over the weekend until Tuesday.

Do you think the election will impact my stay (rallies? bars or brothels closed? riots?).

Thanks in advance.

-zing
Zing,
Everything will be peaceful in Miraflores & Environs as we will probably have to go to a 2nd round next month.Bars will be closed Sat Night & Sunday and Achohol can not be sold. Monday everything returns to normal.
LB

Hoof Hunter
04-04-06, 22:21
If you don´t have heavy luggage, after you get out of the airport, you will get to a huge parking lot. Walk to the right until you get to a sidewalk that
leads out to the main street, there, you will see taxis waiting. 10, 12 soles
to the center of Lima.

Samu - no disrespect intended in any manner. However, I must state that this is not great advice for the novice to Lima, esp. only to save a few (maybe $5) dollars.

I've also heard of situations like what Lima Busy just described. Not only in Lima. Not the greatest way to start off a vacation.

My advice: just pay the 35 soles ($11USD) to the official green taxi services at the airport. If you want to save a buck going into Miraflores, there's also an official shuttle service into Miraflores for like 20 soles (approx. $7USD). With those other taxis in front of the arrivals door, some aren't official. And you must pass through Callao, where the airport is located and not one of the safest areas in Lima.

Screwed Up
04-04-06, 23:20
I agree. I always used the 10-15 soles cabs before without problems. But I heard more and more stories about these airport cab robberies, so I think this time I will get an official airport cab.
I´ve also been robbed at gunpoint once but that was in La Molina, which is like Lima´s "Beverly Hills". Most probably the robbers followed us from Ate Vitarte where they saw us putting my luggage in the car. I only lost some clothes and an external hard drive, thanks to my gf who ran in the house with my laptop and valuables as soon as she saw a gun.
I don´t think Lima is less or more dangerous than any other south american capital as long as you don´t show anything which robbers might want, like a full suitcase...

Maltrufio
04-05-06, 22:01
The news in the US is packed with stories of Humala repeatedly shooting himself in the foot with his dumbass comments about Flores, by the lunch between his VP candidate and the media owner guy, by the evidence that his entourage is connected to Montesinos, and his fucked-up family’s politics. Is there any backlash from the media in Peru? And if so, is it having any negative effect on his poll numbers?

I’ve postponed my relocation until all this election shit is settled and if Humala wins, I doubt I’ll make the move.

Lima Busy
04-05-06, 22:07
The news in the US is packed with stories of Humala repeatedly shooting himself in the foot with his dumbass comments about Flores, by the lunch between his VP candidate and the media owner guy, by the evidence that his entourage is connected to Montesinos, and his fucked-up family’s politics. Is there any backlash from the media in Peru? And if so, is it having any negative effect on his poll numbers?

I’ve postponed my relocation until all this election shit is settled and if Humala wins, I doubt I’ll make the move.
Nope, the press is helpless, they make references to the Velasco era and the people do not care. Humala is leading the polls and Lourdes is losing ground to Garcia. Almost a guaranteed runoff so we will go thru it again next month!
Stay tuned!
LB

Maltrufio
04-06-06, 23:36
interesting note: every one of my relatives (several who have large families) in Lima have asked if they can come stay with me here in the US if Humala wins

Roamer7
04-07-06, 00:51
To all you experienced travelers:

Which country do you think offer the best availabilty of women for the bucks / peso / re. /etc?

I have 10-14 play days and I can't decide whether to travel and make the best in one country, or hop around Central America, Brazil, Columbia, or... simply travel to Thailand or the SE Asia?

I am not a novice but defintely don't have the experience as many of you. My only experience were 4 trips to Costa Rica, and I enjoyed it. But may be some of you more exprienced mongers might give me better input. Any PM or your contact number 'to share the ropes' would be appreciated.

NJ Dude II
04-07-06, 01:27
From my sources in Lima : 1000 interviewed all over the country last tuesday

35% Humala
27% Alan
25% Lourdes

So it's going to be very close.

Here's one of several scenarios with Humala in power
july - Dec 2006 Humala takes over banks, mines, fishing and agricultural industries. Writes a new constitution to take over Congress and Justice Dpt, coca harvest increases 1000%

2007 : With Inflation rate in the rising, and protests all over, Humala launches the 'defenders of freedom', his own personal stormtroopers, who diligently round up oppositors. Seizes TV and radio stations to fight 'terrorists'.

2008 : 1 $ US = 1'000 000 soles, economy is in shambles, only supported by cocaine traffic, Humala blames everything on the US and terrorists. Only friends left are Cuba and Venezuela

2009 : War (either Chile or Ecuador)

PedroNJ

Lima Busy
04-11-06, 22:00
is killing me! alan/lourdes/alan/lourdes Have not slept in two days my stomach is in knots. I sold out of the Peru Bolsa on friday at the close. Monday morning looked like a mistake, now I am a hero!
LB

Juan Carter
04-13-06, 05:33
Anyone else having trouble logging to www.perutops.com and www.chicastops.com ? I assume it is their server but they went down while I was accessing them the other day. Something I did? I'll be all over Peru in three weeks for three weeks. Any specific advice appreciated. Thanks for the great board, I have been r-ing tff !

Pinga
04-21-06, 06:28
I agree that with the likelyhood that Humala and Garcia will go to the second round makes it hard to choose between the lesser evil which in this case would be Garcia. He was a big disappointment his first time around when everyone expected him to be the new Messiah and instead left the country in economic shambles. Will he be better this time; he can't possibly do worse. On a lighter note, am I the only one who has the hots for Humala's wife? There is something about her that turns me on and I get a boner each time I see her on TV.

Pinga
04-21-06, 07:42
LIM-JNB-BKK is 24,720 miles, RT.

LIM-LAX-HKG-BKK is 24,920 miles, RT.

LIM-LAX-TPE-BKK is 24,980 miles, RT.

So not a heck of a lot of difference between them, mileage wise. Having less stops is good, so I guess it depends on the pricing, and flight times. It would be nice if you could build a stopover into the Africa leg.

If there were a direct LIM-BKK flight it would be 24,400 miles RT.

There is a new website that gives you a lot of info on cheapest flights.
http://www.farecompare.com

Right now, either the destination or origin have to be in NA, but it has powerful info, on coach, business class and first class seats. It's still a new site, but it looks like it will become one of the best sites. I scored a RT ticket to Cyprus in Biz class for $33 because of the guy who runs this site.

Jaimito, I tried the link and I get a blank page.

Truant
04-21-06, 17:04
Anybody think US$4000 would be enough to live in Peru for a family of three (kid in elementary school) ? This would be per month, including the kids tuition, my fun on the side once a week, taxis, (no car) for me and the crew, about US$1000 for the rent of a 150 sq meter apartment, maid, and occasional travel around the country? Also, eating out 2-3 times a week. Nothing lavish. But nice.This would be in Miraflores.

TRuant

Lima Busy
04-21-06, 22:46
Anybody think US$4000 would be enough to live in Peru for a family of three (kid in elementary school) ? This would be per month, including the kids tuition, my fun on the side once a week, taxis, (no car) for me and the crew, about US$1000 for the rent of a 150 sq meter apartment, maid, and occasional travel around the country? Also, eating out 2-3 times a week. Nothing lavish. But nice.This would be in Miraflores.

TRuant
Truant,
Not a problem at all. Your child is going to have a long commute to school though!
Lb

Surfer
04-22-06, 16:31
How much longer you hanging?

Looking forward to your Africa reports.

Cucaradas closed at midnight the night I flew back to US (at 1am).

Samu Ray
05-23-06, 01:37
To get a ***** from these places you have to pay bar-fine, have to buy
drinks for the *****, on top of that the ***** will ask for $100, one hour,
you will spend close to $200. Is it worth?

I heard on the radio, someone complaining, about young *****s on Iquitos
and Raimondi. This is close to Grau Av which is closed due to some work.
I wasn`t looking for this place, I was just trying to find a way to cross Grau.
Yeah! there were about five *****s inviting me to go to screw. This was
about noon.

Screwed Up
05-23-06, 02:11
To get a ***** from these places you have to pay bar-fine, have to buy
drinks for the *****, on top of that the ***** will ask for $100, one hour,
you will spend close to $200. Is it worth?
Nope. High-end chicks usually give lousy service. YMMV

I heard on the radio, someone complaining, about young *****s on Iquitos and Raimondi. This is close to Grau Av which is closed due to some work.
I wasn`t looking for this place, I was just trying to find a way to cross Grau.
Yeah! there were about five *****s inviting me to go to screw. This was
about noon.
Were they cute? How much did they ask you?

Maybe better post about this in the Lima thread.

Hoof Hunter
05-24-06, 19:16
Any info on the elections? Aren't they supposed to be this weekend?

How are things going down there in prep for that? Fewer chicas? Anxiety by the locals? Resigned to a weekend of prohibition?

Lima Busy
05-24-06, 19:50
HH,
The elections are on the 4th of June. Last Sunday everyone was watching the (joke), I mean the debate.

Last two days the weather has sucked, looks like winter has arrived on schedule.

Lot's of girls around as nobody is going to the beach. The election "ain't no big thing". Either way were screwed so "lets get the party started" is the attitude.

LB

Hoof Hunter
05-24-06, 20:47
HH,
The elections are on the 4th of June. Last Sunday everyone was watching the (joke), I mean the debate.

Last two days the weather has sucked, looks like winter has arrived on schedule.

Lot's of girls around as nobody is going to the beach. The election "ain't no big thing". Either way were screwed so "lets get the party started" is the attitude.

LB

I'm not sure if your joke is worse than ours. In 2 yrs (2008), the USA will be involving in similar debate. Who could possibly erase this debacle of a government (executive and legislative) for the last 7 yrs and reconcile the USA with the reality of the rest of the world? Oh yeah, and maybe the US Constitution might mean something again too.

And it seems like Garcia appears to be in a comfortable lead at the moment. Great for those who favor a high exchange rate, either way.

Re: weather. Last time I was down there, end-April, airport fog was a big issue. My flight down to Lima was in a holding pattern for 30 mins. They almost made us land in Ecuador to wait it out. On the return flight, we were delayed 3 hours, as the plane did get grounded in Guayaquil under weather permitted. It was brutal in the airport. Almost made a run to Las Cucuardas.

Is fog a big part of the winter down there? Does this type of weather maintain throughout the winter there?

Samu Ray
06-02-06, 17:36
At the end of Arequipa Av, going out of downtown Lima, Arequipa Av ends at a park that I don`t know the name of. There is another Av that borders the
park on the right side going down to the beach, I think. There is a golden arch
es (Macdonald`s) on the first block. A few doors past Macdonald`s, down as if you were going to the beach, there is an internet cafe on the second floor. I think it costs "two soles" an hour. They have a DVD reader for those who need it.

Don`t carry money on you. Few days ago I had been walking around the central market, four bastards jumped on me. It was so sudden that I did not
have time to react. My front shirt poket was ripped off. I lost my ID, SS card and Health insurance card, Also, 90 soles.

NJ Dude II
06-03-06, 17:02
It's the Parque Kennedy (yeah good old JFK)...

Screwed Up
06-03-06, 18:29
Don`t carry money on you. Few days ago I had been walking around the central market, four bastards jumped on me. It was so sudden that I did not
have time to react. My front shirt poket was ripped off. I lost my ID, SS card and Health insurance card, Also, 90 soles.
Did this happen in Parque Kennedy? Did you report it? There are supposed to be camera´s monitoring the park.

Samu Ray
06-04-06, 03:01
The mugging took place at the Central Market in downtown Lima. Yes, I
reported it to police.

Surfer
06-06-06, 16:19
worried you were on a binge celbrating the return of Alan!!!! Bet you NEVER thought you'd welcome his return so warmly LOL! Lesser of two evils was never so true, eh? But don't give up hope. Thee is still some chance Fujimori will flee house arrest and mount a coup LOL!

Samu Ray
07-12-06, 22:19
I took a 17 hours bus ride to Peru-Ecuador border. Actually, the bus from
Lima stops in Tumbes. I took a mini-bus to the border and found out that the
Peruvian immigration office was two miles before the border crossing. The
border is fairly big city divided by a bridge under which runs very little black
water. To one side of the bridge is Peru and to the other side is Ecuador. I
have seen people walk both ways with no control at all. To get to Ecuadorian
immigration office, which is two miles away after the crossing, you either take a bus, one sol, or take a taxi one dollar. At the immigration office on the
Ecuadorian side they will give you three months. I was required to stay in
Ecuador for 24 hours before returning into Peru at which immigration you get
three months! Not bad! I remember going form Pattaya to Mae Sae, many times, just to get one month visa.

Lima Busy
07-13-06, 00:57
I took a 17 hours bus ride to Peru-Ecuador border. Actually, the bus from
Lima stops in Tumbes. I took a mini-bus to the border and found out that the
Peruvian immigration office was two miles before the border crossing. The
border is fairly big city divided by a bridge under which runs very little black
water. To one side of the bridge is Peru and to the other side is Ecuador. I
have seen people walk both ways with no control at all. To get to Ecuadorian
immigration office, which is two miles away after the crossing, you either take a bus, one sol, or take a taxi one dollar. At the immigration office on the
Ecuadorian side they will give you three months. I was required to stay in
Ecuador for 24 hours before returning into Peru at which immigration you get
three months! Not bad! I remember going form Pattaya to Mae Sae, many times, just to get one month visa.
It is the same amount of time to do the Visa run to Chile. The advantage is you are in Arica, a very pleasant beach resort with some nice action!
LB

Que Ladilla
07-23-06, 01:08
www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/index.html

I came across this site while trying to verify the reputation of an excursion operator. It is not-for-profit and only lists reputable companies. One of the best travel resources I have ever seen.

Lazy Monger
07-24-06, 19:04
What is the word on the holiday weekend coming up? Parties? Dead? How is it celebrated? I will be there for the weekend and was curious as to what to expect.

Lima Busy
07-30-06, 21:49
There is a rumour floating around that R&V does not provide BJ's to any new clients(non-regular clients). I may have to take a trip over there and try one of the young new girls. Any one have any experience recently?

LB

R Brandon
08-01-06, 01:52
I have word form some of the leaders on a certain Peru forum that there may be some truth to this which is sad news as R&V is has been one of those one or a kind places where you get great service with all the girls every time.rbc100

Lima Busy
08-01-06, 19:17
I have word form some of the leaders on a certain Peru forum that there may be some truth to this which is sad news as R&V is has been one of those one or a kind places where you get great service with all the girls every time.rbc100
I would be a little wary of those guys as I do not think they have your interests at heart. One example: Chicatops is there site and some of the girls there are bait and switch. Another ISG member told me he took a highly recomended girl from Peru tops and she gave lousy service and did not fit the description.

In all fairness I have used Carla's services in the past and wysiwyg.

LB

Xxxgoat
08-01-06, 20:14
When I was in Lima (June 7-16) I went to RV with a fellow board member who had been there several times in the past week. He introduced me to the mgr and several girls. Although I was a first time customer I felt at home.

However no BBBJ! And I did ask. Sweet girl, great attitude and service with a smile - but no BBBJ and I hate CBJ.

Goat

R Brandon
08-02-06, 00:42
LB, I am sure all reports are not accurate and as well all know YMMV but I have observed a totaly opposite attiude displayed on the new English forum over there and have gained far more knowledge on the whole scene in Peru there than anywhere else on the Spainish forum. Time will tell as I am a new visitor to Peru and far from and authority but I chose to go places most gringos don't go.I would add I have learned a good lot here and CH but do my research on multiple sites to be well prepared when I explore new territory.rbc100

R Brandon
08-02-06, 01:39
Surfer, I am certainly not going to give up on R&V and will continue to explore local places plus get out of Lima. I have in mind visiting Huancayo for one and would like to get the tha Amozona as well in time.I would like to do Machu Pichu but Cusco sounds a bit touristy and prefer to explore less visited areas. Maybe next trip. One venue I checked out last trip are the downtown stip clubs briefly and want to explore that scene some more.rbc100

Screwed Up
08-02-06, 20:36
Looks like we can throw a big dicks only party when I get back ;-)

Droplet
08-09-06, 22:29
Does anyone know whether there are any direct flights from Iquitos to Cusco? If so which company.

Thanks

Polvo
08-10-06, 14:10
Does anyone know whether there are any direct flights from Iquitos to Cusco? If so which company.Droplet,

The airlines typically spit Peru between North and South. To go between you have to transit via Lima.

Lan Peru fly IQT/CUZ through Lima (LIM), as does Star Peru, and Aero Condor.

It looks to me as though you are doomed to have a connection - even if it is through another city on an "off-brand" airline. Hopefully, one of our more native board members can correct me!

Polvo

Lima Busy
08-11-06, 02:12
Droplet,

The airlines typically spit Peru between North and South. To go between you have to transit via Lima.

Lan Peru fly IQT/CUZ through Lima (LIM), as does Star Peru, and Aero Condor.

It looks to me as though you are doomed to have a connection - even if it is through another city on an "off-brand" airline. Hopefully, one of our more native board members can correct me!

Polvo
Polvo,
I think you are correct on this as you have to pass by Lima to get anywhere N&S. Kinda like going from the apt to the grocery store (Oh shit! theres tequilas,might as well stop by while I am here)!

TheKnife
08-24-06, 12:16
Guy's

I'll be in Lima Aug 31-Sep 4. This will be my first time in Lima , but I've been to the BA and Medellin. I'd like to have a drink with some of the locals if possible. I have some amigos girls lined up but would like to sample the local scene.

Look forward to meeting you guys

Eddie

NJ Dude II
08-26-06, 12:30
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PnpocED50Do

Lima Busy
09-06-06, 00:28
I have a driver who does the airport run to the Penthouse. He charges $15.00 but I always pay him $20. He is also availabile as a guide for "newbies" for both day and night runs, speaks great english is good looking and knows where the girls are. He has been reccomended in the past by others but I wanted others to know about him and have him added to the "Lima list. nuff said, here are his details:
Manuel Taxi
Tel: 9739-3562

I appreciate you guy's helping him out!

LB

Lima Busy
09-15-06, 22:05
For those of you with a blood-thirsty streak, October sees the start of the bullfighting season here. The corridas take place at Plaza de Achoa in Rimac most days of the weekend from Saturday Oct 21st to Sunday Nov 26th, starting at 1530.
LB

NJ Dude II
09-16-06, 23:11
Her name is Kathy caballero she's a TV model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Y43uiZg70

No Zanax
10-04-06, 12:00
I'm going to Peru in December and was wondering, for those of you more experienced in the area, is it difficult or unwise to visit Machu Picchu on your own? Or is it best to use a tour agency? I've been reading up on it on the web, and it seems fairly accessable to the average traveler. But being my first trip to Peru, or South America, I thought it best to ask here first.

I'll be spending most of my time in Lima, but wanted to take an extra five days to check out Cuzco and Machu Picchu. Is five days enough time? And is the mongering scene in Cuzco worth anything(no posts in Cuzco thread since June)?

Thx
No Z

Zing23
10-04-06, 12:43
I'm going to Peru in December and was wondering, for those of you more experienced in the area, is it difficult or unwise to visit Machu Picchu on your own? Or is it best to use a tour agency?

Visiting Machu Picchu itself for the day is easy - you just catch the bus in Aqua Caliente and 15 minutes later you are in the monuments. You can easily take the train from Cuzco to Aqua Caliente. The backpaker train really smells on the way back, check that you are not in a car with 100 dirty hikers.

Hiking the Inca Trail is 4 days, very rough, only allowed now in an organized tour.

-zing

Aurab
10-04-06, 16:46
I am visiting Lima early November for two and half weeks. I am not going anywhere else. It will be first time in Peru. If anyone of you experienced Peru traveller or Lima resident can answer few questions I have.

1. Can you drink water out of hotel room tap?
2. How are punctual are they in general? Do the provider show up on time?
3. Pay before or after the deed? I read that sometimes they insist on getting paid before hand.

Thanks for any advice.

Aurab

Lima Busy
10-04-06, 17:40
I am visiting Lima early November for two and half weeks. I am not going anywhere else. It will be first time in Peru. If anyone of you experienced Peru traveller or Lima resident can answer few questions I have.

3. Pay before or after the deed? I read that sometimes they insist on getting paid before hand.

Thanks for any advice.

Aurab
Aurab,
1.Depends on the hotel, Bottled water is more advisable.
2. Rarely, goes for pro and non pro as well.
3. Depends on provider (internet girls are upfront) Tequilas, depends on the girl.

LB

Polvo
10-04-06, 22:55
2. Rarely, goes for pro and non pro as well.

LBLB - You mean NEVER!!! I always build in 45 minutes to an hour!! Perhaps we should instigate late fees?

Polvo

Lima Busy
10-06-06, 18:32
LB - You mean NEVER!!! I always build in 45 minutes to an hour!! Perhaps we should instigate late fees?

Polvo
Polvo,
I stand corrected! Now that I think about it I am still waiting (6 weeks) for the return phone call of that "hot" teacher Giovanna, I was going to hook you up with!
LB
P.S. Where are you? how was Honduras?When you headed down limaway?

Polvo
10-06-06, 23:02
Polvo,

I stand corrected! Now that I think about it I am still waiting (6 weeks) for the return phone call of that "hot" teacher Giovanna, I was going to hook you up with!
LB

P.S. Where are you? how was Honduras?When you headed down limaway?See Guatemala thread!! :-)

Polvo

NJ Dude II
10-07-06, 09:24
Water quality in Lima is quite unreliable. We've got not only E. Coli but
all sorts of nasty bacteria (Typhoid fever) and parasites (Cryptosporidium comes to mind). Remember you only need a few shigellas to get a very bad infection. When i visit my family in Lima I only drink boiled water and never had a problem. I've been tempted to brush my teeth with tap water but
resisted.

We peruvians have a long tradition of being fashionably late. Important
people are ALWAYS late, because come on, they are so important. On our eyes, people who show up on time didn't have something better to do. Former President Toledo was notorious for showing up HOURS later (and he lived in the US for a number of years). However I must say I've found a number of providers who did show up on time, perhaps because they were booked solid for the day.

Depends on the provider. Some girls just stretch out their tiny pretty hands while others just smile and expect you to leave the money on the table.

Johan007
10-11-06, 12:29
Well guys after being in many latin countries (DR,Colombia,Panama,Brasil and OO yes Peru) and a disapointing trip to the Filipines last March...i am back were it all started...PERU.
I was there in May 2002 for 2 weeks and i realy enjoyed it.

I realy like the culture,the food,the landscape...and hell yes the girls:-) NOW at this moment my spanish is way better as it was back then. So communicating'with this honies would be no problema. btw more and more Peruanas can speak English...as i found out:-) Way better then in fe Brasil were almost NOBODY speaks any English at all....

I have seen pretty girls in Colombia and the DR (true...o soo true) BUT i realy had problems with those nasty attituted women there.

Right now i am planning a trip to Peru next Febrero for about 3 weeks. Most likely i also want to stay and live there for good. Not right away...but in a year or so. I am setting up contact with several chicas right now.

Peru is a big vast country with lots of oppertunities. It has some advantages over other countries in the region imho. Fe it's way cheaper then Argentina,Chilie and Uruguay and way more open and more easy to get to then Bolivia and Paraguay.

I have no kids (yet!) and are free to go were i want...and I am running close to 41 yo....so why not??

I remember well we drove arround in Lima with Nibu for HOURS hitting some sleasy joints were even most cab drivers didn't hear off....LOL

If anyone living there and like to share some info on real estate,business or whatever please PM me or send me an email.

take care you mongers out there!

Johan

Elberto
10-12-06, 18:34
I joined Cybercupido a while back and I've gotten a lot of interest, so much that I was exceeding the free daily message limits and have now gotten a paid membership.

So far only one lady I've chatted with has spoken any English, so work on your Spanish. The girls seem to think it's really great that an English-speaking American is learning Spanish so I can talk with them.

I'm using a combination of the Pimsleur "Learn to Speak and Understand Spanish" cds plus a bunch of books such as Berlitz "Spanish Step By Step". I also use the Babelfish Translator http://babelfish.altavista.com/ (watch for the gender) and the WordReference Spanish-English dictionary http://www.wordreference.com/ to help translate their messages and write back.

Thanks to Eaglestar in the China forum for his inspiration.

Jaimito Cartero
10-12-06, 22:29
I joined Cybercupido a while back and I've gotten a lot of interest, so much that I was exceeding the free daily message limits and have now gotten a paid membership.

I joined Cybercupido for a year, and got quite a few responses. However, most were just looking to wring the money out of you. I'd never let a chica know when you were coming, and never let her pick you up at the airport. They'll try and get their claws into you, and you'll never survive if they do. :)

Peruvian chicas seems to age pretty quick. Local guys only seemed to like the younger chicas until they were mid 20's. After that, they're tons of mid 20's to mid 30's chica just begging for some attention.

I got too many bs messages from Cubans and some others. It got pretty annoying after awhile, honestly.

Johan007
10-13-06, 00:06
i joined cybercupido for a year, and got quite a few responses. however, most were just looking to wring the money out of you. i'd never let a chica know when you were coming, and never let her pick you up at the airport. they'll try and get their claws into you, and you'll never survive if they do. :)

peruvian chicas seems to age pretty quick. local guys only seemed to like the younger chicas until they were mid 20's. after that, they're tons of mid 20's to mid 30's chica just begging for some attention.

i got too many bs messages from cubans and some others. it got pretty annoying after awhile, honestly.

guys...fellow mongers!

a few words about some online "dating"sites ...

forget about cybercupido...unless you wanna meet up with money sharks or the likes. if you halfway decent looking under 50 and don't act like a total neanthertaler and speak some spanish you could run into many girls/women that love to datre you...and have sex with you for a dinner...soda pops...and a cab fare!!
amigos.com....will give you more value for money....or latinamericancupid or meetic. but also there are women that are only looking after $$$ and think you are stupid. don't fall for it.

indeed the cubanas (but also the dominicanas and the colombianas) are by far the worst...they are downright disgusting (mentaly),ignorant and for sure not serious. don't waiste ye $$$/time or effort on them.
some of these stupid tarts only write in their email the wqord "hola"...and thats it....i mean...realy....!! the class of women you see at cybercupido is by far the most low and worst i'd ever seen.....

btw sexybeta.com...is also a nice site for if you like it a bit more rough arround the edges....hahahahahahahaha have a peep...(spanish knowledge is a must)

ooo i don't agree that you said that peruanas age fast...i mean...dude...did ye see the cubanas???? or many women from central america (guetamala...honduras???)fts.....:-(

take care.

johan

Jaimito Cartero
10-13-06, 01:27
OOO I don't agree that you said that Peruanas age fast...I mean...DUDE...did ye see the Cubanas???? or many women from Central America (Guetamala...Honduras???)FTS.....:-(

I think it applies to darker skinned chicas in particular. I don't know if it's genetics, or what. I think the same applies to other latin women, and not just Peruvian women. I do know that a 35 year old Thai lady and a 35 year old Peruvian are usually way apart. The Thai might pass for 24, the Peruvian maybe 40. It all varies, of course. I enjoy coming to Peru, but I doubt I'll be taking any 42 year old chicas to my hotel room. :)

Elberto
10-13-06, 04:13
I tried some of the US products from the Amigos company and I was underwhelmed. More and more I find American women to be underwhelming, so maybe that's a contributing factor.

As far as CyberCupido goes, I haven't had any discussions about money with anyone, and when something comes up I don't want to discuss - "no intiendo".

Besides the opportunity to have female contacts when I get to Peru, CyberCupido is also an excellent way to practice my Spanish. It's more fun to chat with a pretty girl than repeating "Pardon me. Where is the post office?"

Corndog
12-06-06, 01:39
I have a vacation coming up and was thinking of Peru, possible Lima.
Been to Honduras and Domican Republic quite a few times and want something new.

I am thinking of Lima but what section of town or what part to avoid.

When I hit town I don't want to spend a couple of days trying to find the red light section.

Maltrufio
12-06-06, 23:20
...Been to Honduras and Domican Republic quite a few times ...

Hey Corn, long time - no hear. I used to live in La Cieba and traded a few emails with you back in 2002 or so. I live in Lima now and it is completely different than Honduras and DR. If you're looking for something similar or even if you're not, I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation destination. PM for more details if interested.

Lima Busy
12-07-06, 18:15
most of the guys that rent out the penthouse seem to all use latinamerican cupid. i had great success with it four years ago and it is actually the reason i ended up living here. i have not been on in some time but i imagine it is pretty "fished out" now with the exception of chicas who have just joined.

the current favorites for the regulars are "my space" and "hi 5". in the past when the "casting agency" was up above cafe z the models were abundant and readly available. we would regularly see miss world and it is where my buddy started dating the current "2nd place" miss peru.

the agency has since moved and you no longer see the models down there. now guy's come down and go online all day "phishing" with good results. my buddy was here (z) yesterday and got some beautiful 24y/o university student to come over from the other side of the city while i was online with another isg'r.

his mo is to speed date these chics online and then invite them down. he talked to her twice online and she finally came down. he bought her a lemonada here and then took her to the flying dog for some wine. she had only been with one other guy in her life and told him "online" she would only "shag" for love. well i guess she fell in love with the wine and i am looking forward to the video!

lb

Maltrufio
12-14-06, 19:55
as discussed yesterday at hooters, see url below for supposed wireless locations... note: accuracy of list questionable.

http://www.speedy.com.pe/wf_lg.shtml

by the way, it was good to meet everybody.

Lima Busy
12-29-06, 20:26
(LIP-jl) -- The song "It never rains in Southern California," by Albert Hammond could easily be the official motto for Lima (though a more appropriate title would be "It never rains in the city of Lima") due to Lima's desert-like weather.

However, yesterday a weather system from the central Andes was blown into Lima by strong winds, causing rain and thunder in and around the coastal-desert province.

Chosica, just minutes outside of Lima, saw residents scrambling for cover when heavy rain, thunder, and lighting doused the usually sunny community.

Luckly for me I was caught in a bar yesterday afternoon and this rare occurrance was the perfect excuse to arrive home late for dinner!
LB

Juanito 2006
01-01-07, 02:22
Hey Guys!

I knew about this site but never joined. I want to introduce myself and begin to enjoy life as some of you are.

I live up in New York, and planing a trip to Peru by the end of January. I seen the postings and plan to use the advise there.

Hope all have a great New Year!

Juancito 2006

Elberto
01-08-07, 23:50
I've been working on my Spanish a bit with some girls from CyberCupido, but I didn't really make but one contact I thought was worthwhile. I got a lot of messages, but when I would reply I never heard from most of the girls. Oh well.

Something funny happened recently, however. I was chatting with one girl in a country I won't be visiting soon, but we were having good conversations and I was hitting her up for information on the Latina mindset.

I don't play hard to get, but come out up front and say I am unlikely to get emotionally involved with any girl, which is true. I guess this is like catnip because the girl has been really persistent in trying to build my interest. After not chatting for a week we got together on IM and she sent some photos of her in a bikini, which she does often. I made the comment "the next thing I know you'll be sending me nude photos." and laughed it off.

She told me her ex boyfriend had taken some nudes of her, and the next thing I know she sends me a split beaver photo. We spent the rest of the afternoon sharing our sex preferences and making plans for when we finally get together. Too sweet. Later on I mentioned if she ever felt the urge to send more nude photos to feel free.

So maybe CyberCupido isn't the best place to make contacts, but for me it has turned out pretty nice.

Tiny 12
01-09-07, 21:15
I've done the Cybercupido thing a couple of times before trips, also in between to potentially meet women, improve my Spanish and pass the time. In general it's been a monumental waste of time. Women I contacted in Cartagena and Medellin prior to trips turned out less attractive in person than the photos. The extremely attractive ones typically didn't reply or would flake out. If you're looking for a really hot woman, it's probably better going through the matrimonial agencies than Cybercupido, as you've got a pool of women that are actually interested in meeting extranjeros.

I did make a trip to Argentina to meet a sweetheart that contacted me on Cybercupido, but later felt like sh*t after she realized we weren't going to be novio and novia and she felt like she'd been used. Actually, she sounds a little like your new friend. Gaby sent me some risque fotos, told me she was very liberal sexually, but still was upset after I left Argentina and told her I'd met someone locally. Actually, before we met, she wanted us both to get internet video cams and get naked online. I was too lazy to get the equipment though.

I think Cybercupido probably is good if you want to get sex for free and aren't worried about the repercussions when she realizes that's what you were after. After my Argentine experience I'd rather pay, oh, say $250 instead of doing that.

That said, hope you'll keep us updated, let us know what she's like when you meet her.

Carrache
01-27-07, 05:06
i've had pretty good luck with cyber cupidio and amigos. last time to peru i coughed up the monthly membership and the free contact fee which i think pushed it to about $40 bucks and got about six solid leads, of which i followed up on three. quite honestly, that much money to refresh my spanish to a functional level and getting a roster of non-pro's to work with is worth it for me.

my problem is the cultural thing. once you get a freebie this way she probably won't let you out of her sight, or she's going to be muy pissed when she figures out you the type of guy that reads this board.

in my case, i had one hounding me in the weeks leading up to the trip, leaving two or three messages on my mobile, staking me out at the airport upon arrival, giving me the entire latin soap opera scene there in public, etc., etc. she was a tiger in bed, but she stuck to me harder than a taxi driver does to his horn in lima. this is terribly inconvenient when i've got a few others to see, and whatever comes along the way to boot.

what i could really use is a top ten do's and don'ts on how to manage these non-pro girls. i've seen a few excellent tips rep001tered around this board, but some senior member advice would be really welcomed. in the end, i wonder if i'm enough of a bastard for my return trip in mayo.

Carrache
01-29-07, 00:02
Excellent advice, thanks LB. I hadn't thought about the multiple chips. I really need to get in touch with my inner bastard, before I go on this trip. Nevertheless, if you see a guy wearing protective headgear (from all that frying pan action) in Miraflores in May, say 'hi'. It's me.

XXL
01-29-07, 19:54
Changing the subject, I brought back a consignment of "maca peruana" (Lepidium meyenili) from Peru. It's touted as a libido enhancer. Peruvians make much of it. Any testimonials?

Lima Busy
01-29-07, 21:04
Changing the subject, I brought back a consignment of "maca peruana" (Lepidium meyenili) from Peru. It's touted as a libido enhancer. Peruvians make much of it. Any testimonials?
EVERYDAY!

I take the powder but most guys prefer the 500mg tablets. Don't need the "libido" effect but the increase in load is quite entertaining!
LB

Polvo
01-30-07, 17:50
Is this airline any good? .........

Dick:

There are a number of people on the Brazilian board who b*tch about GOL quite a lot. GOL are a second tier carrier so you should probably adjust your expectations accordingly. And at $99, I think that is a reasonable thing to have to do!

Suerte!

Polvo

Screwed Up
01-31-07, 01:03
I used to take the tablets for about a little over a month. 6 per day, two per meal. I had to stop taking it, because it got me too horny. I'm not bullshitting...

Hoof Hunter
01-31-07, 02:01
Is this airline any good? That is great now we can monger in Lima and then Rio....I was looking in Kayak.com and most trips from Lima to Rio were expensive and took a long time to get there.

I used to fly Gol all the time in Brasil. It's their version of Jet Blue, except it was a top-notch, tightly-run low cost outfit. No BS involved. No frills, no meals, no extra stuff, just on-time, and efficient. When I was using them, they were the preferred airline over such dinosaurs as Varig and TAM.

Plus, Gol had the hottest female staff in Brasil, from ticket counters, to gate agents, to flight attendants. And they were very friendly indeed.

I'd fly them again in a second.

Polvo
02-08-07, 05:56
....but also kinda sad because of Barranco's new closing hours. I can't believe they're doing this and it seems to be a trend that gains popularity. .....

Screwed Up:

A quick update. From what I understand, first hand and in the last two days,(and post to follow on this) is that shops, gas stations etc. have to stop selling alcohol by 11:00pm. Clubs and bars stop at 3:00pm and Suites of Barranco is a hotel - so the fuc* le ley.

Now - this of course could be a typical Peruvian response to the law - but it seemed to hold up good and I did careful research in a great many places!

Polvo

Celeritas
02-09-07, 00:23
I'm planning on being in Lima during the first week of April. It seems like many businesses will be closed on the 5th and the 6th for Easter. Does anyone know what the impact on the hobby (as well as other things, i.e. clubs, restaurants) is? How dead is it going to be?

Thanks!

Vaughnyb1
02-09-07, 23:11
Screwed Up:

A quick update. From what I understand, first hand and in the last two days,(and post to follow on this) is that shops, gas stations etc. have to stop selling alcohol by 11:00pm. Clubs and bars stop at 3:00pm and Suites of Barranco is a hotel - so the fuc* le ley.

PolvoTheres a bright side to this new law gents, less drunk people lurking around, leaving me to monger more safely, and I generally think that this law will cut back on late night crime in some areas. Cant trust some people to be on their best behavior after theyve had a couple of shot, you know.

Adelante Siempre
02-21-07, 04:40
I am interested in the possibility of operating a cargo boat of about 25 meters in length on the Amazon River in Peru. This sort of boat carries both passengers and cargo. I have taken these "slow boats" that carry cargo on several occasions as a passenger. These boats seem to be always full of cargo and are appearently profitable.

I am wondering what are the chances of a gringo owning and operating a vessel like this. If you have a Peruvian partner, say a wife, would that help with the red tape?

I have also taken a boat from Ecuador to Iquitos on the Napo River, and this boat started out empty but filled rather quickly with bananas, vegetables, livestock, and agricultural stuff. It seems like these boats can barely handle the available cargo from the river communities.

Needless to say, this could also be a tailor-made mongering opportunity.
Seems like this could be a good way of making a living in Peru. I am just wondering how the other boat owners handle competition.
By the way, on my trip down the Napo, I have conversed with many chicas, but the places were so isolated that I hesitated to be dropped off at a riverside village and do some mongering while the next boat showed up.
There is no mobile phone service out there. Shortwave radio is the only way to raise Iquitos 500km away. So, an investment in shortwave radio is essential even if you are going to do self-styled jungle tour like this. Then you can call the port authorities in Santa Clotilde or Iquitos from the villages to make sure that the authorities know where you are. It's a long journey, but an unforgettable one.

The other concern: piracy, is not so much of an issue according to the captain as it used to be in years past.

Has anyone had these ideas for making a living in Peru?
Perhaps others, who would like to extend their stay in Peru, like me are interested in a partnership?
At this stage, I am inviting all those interested and have considered the pros and cons of such a venture to give their opinions.

Other possibilites: Certain fish are plentiful near the Peru/Ecuador border, but scarce (and expensive) in Iquitos around Easter. Put a few hundred kilos of this fish into the freezer on board, and you can make a tidy profit in Iquitos.

Macmasher
03-02-07, 16:00
A monger buddy of mine has a fear of flying. He finds that a 10mg tablet of diazepan (generic form of valium) helps reduce his flight-related anixety considerably.
Question: does he need a prescription to get diazepan in Lima?
------------
And no, this is question is NOT related to recreational use. And my friend has no intention of returning to the States with the meds in his posession (except the one entering his tummy in the cab en route to the airport).

XXL
03-02-07, 16:18
Question: does he need a prescription to get diazepan in Lima? And no, this is question is NOT related to recreational use.Relax. They won't call the police for just asking, but they will probably tell you they can't deliver it without a prescription. Getting one is easy though, ask the parmacist whether they know of a general practionner nearby who could oblige. Tell the doc with a straight face you get panicky during flights and that you have it from friends or the Web that diazepam is what you need.

The US paranoia about diazepam is not shared by most countries, including Europe, where most docs will prescribe it without making a fuss. Alternatively, other benzos like bromazepam will work nearly as good, whatever the recreational nature of your usage.

Artisttyp
03-02-07, 19:25
What do you guys think about staying in the el centro area near plaza san martin? I've been there before but I was sleeping in miraflores.
I stayed in the old town of quito ecuador without any troubles and there seems to be way better rates for hotels.

Thank you.

Artisttyp

VoodooMan
03-02-07, 23:26
Relax. They won't call the police for just asking, but they will probably tell you they can't deliver it without a prescription. Getting one is easy though, ask the parmacist whether they know of a general practionner nearby who could oblige. Tell the doc with a straight face you get panicky during flights and that you have it from friends or the Web that diazepam is what you need.

The US paranoia about diazepam is not shared by most countries, including Europe, where most docs will prescribe it without making a fuss. Alternatively, other benzos like bromazepam will work nearly as good, whatever the recreational nature of your usage.

I also get some anxiety when taking to the air.
Botica in Lima wont sell you without a prescription.
I just bought 30 diazapam for 8 soles in Trujillo, Peru in a mom and pop farmacia in downtown. It was easy as buying a bag of M&M's

Gino #1
03-02-07, 23:55
I am buying a camera before my trip March 15th - April 6th and I'm not sure what to get. I was thinking of buying one of those Sony Digital Camcorders with a 30gb harddrive. I want to film the sights as well as the chicas. I have a regular digital cam that I'm taking with me also.

Any advice? I want to be able to contribute like everyone else. If anyone wants to hangout when I get there, PM me.