PDA

View Full Version : Tarapoto

Admin
05-14-02, 04:39
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

John Deli
06-12-02, 12:22
hi nibu. I ant to stay 4/ 5 days a Lima and then i wanna move to the north (Tarapato). I hope to meet you somewhere ( maybe in La paz or Senta Cruz de la sierra). I am 35 years old.

John Deli
06-12-02, 12:30
no news about senta cruz. Just the things i read on this forum ( the archive).
Giovanni

Member #4239
10-12-02, 08:39
To Monkey(aka: Pendejo Raphael):
Thanks for providing the names of all the 4$/night hotels that have no running water. That's the kind of info that every body here really likes to know about!!
Now this is something that your retarded mind will be incapable of understanding, but I am gonna try to explain it in simple words. The absolute cheapest way to travel is if you or your business, provides such a valuable service, that somebody else will actually pay for your flight, your first class hotel, your car,etc.
But that will never happen to you because you are obviously such a loser.
Just for your information, when I am paying out of my own pocket, I BARGAIN as hard as anyone, and because I speak Spanish fluently, I bet I get much better deals than you ever will. BUT, there is a level below which I will not compromise my personal comfort. Life is short and I am gonna live it as comfortably as I possibly can. That's the difference between you and me.
Finally, as you can see, your personal attacks don't scare me, so go on and keep acting like the piece of garbage loser that you are. J.G.

Member #3407
10-28-02, 04:29
JG, you obviously haven't traveled much in Latin America. Once you get away from the major cities there are no more Hiltons. In many areas there are constant "apagones" when there is no electricity or water. Anyway, why go all the way to Latin America only to pay american prices and live like you're in the US? Sure you can stick to the major cities and stay in your $150/night Hilton and pay the fagged-out, coke-head sluts the $200+ prices they quote you, but you're missing the real Latin America and the real latinas. When you travel in the Amazon region like Tarapoto, often you'll be happy just to find a place to hang your Hammock. One last point -- in the Peruvian Amazon there are places where spanish isn't spoken much and macho talk, such as yours, really wouldn't cut it with the indigenous people.

Blobster
10-28-02, 09:38
Hey Nibu:

I have to agree with some other viewers here who are just not comfortable with the lifestyle in Latin America. YEs, many members of the developed nations are blinded to the rest of the underdeveloped world, but don't give the majority of us a hard time because we appreciate the lifestyle we have. Also, please note that cities like LIma are so heavily populated because many Latins don't like the impoverished conditions in which they live. Have no doubt, those women down there would love to grab an American or European and ride back home with him to the comforts of the developed world.

I have so much else to say, but I'll limit it to this: do you really want to fuck around with women who live in places without running hot water...or running water at all for that matter? Think about it man. You think they have facilities to take care of themselves when they get some STD shit? Maybe your standards are a little too relaxed!

WhiskerBisket
02-18-06, 04:53
I can't believe over three years have passed without any real info on this town.

I was just there and the whole place seemed lively enough what with countless "mototaxis" ferrying locals and the odd foreigner or two back and forth. The prettiest girls seem to be cherry-picked to work the gas stations. Every hole-in-the-wall business seems to be 'manned' by a girl and every want ad is for a senorita. They're all flirts too but not sure if that's just to get you to buy whatever it is they're hawking or they're looking for some action too.

Although I had company with me I would guess that scoring a NP here would be very easy. One suggestion along these lines I heard was to go hang out at the central square (I think every city/town in Peru has one!). When I walked through there there were lots of couples and people shooting the breeze.

Lodging is ridiculously cheap at about 10 soles the going rate for a "matrimonial" room; that is, a room with a queen size bed. The other type of room, can't remember the name at the moment, will come with two twin beds. At the place I stayed at the facilities were decent but forget about AC or hot water. What did you expect for $3 a night anyway?

For touristy stuff there is a nice waterfall about half an hour out of town by mototaxi but I'd recommend against the visit to see the natives which is just a tourist trap souvenir shop area and the indians don't seem particularly different in any way than the rest of the locals.

Back to the quest for pussy: the bus station is crawling with girls. There has GOT to be some p4p action there though I can't confirm (again, had company).

Adelante Siempre
03-31-06, 03:30
From Tarapoto, you can take a taxi (4 paying passengers) to Yurimaguas.
Yurimaguas is known for being very friendly towards Americans. You should be able to score non-pro action there. There is also a street near the airport in Yurimaguas where there are bars, and a local can show you where it is. Sex for 20 soles is available, but you shouldn't have to pay for it. The locals don't meet that many foreigners there so you should be quite a novelty.

On the way between Tarapoto to Yurimaguas when the taxi stops there are various refreshments available, including fresh coconut.

I found it kind of neat that the girl selling the coconut was fussing over me to make sure I didn't get the juice on my shirt. They sure know how to show kindness to strangers. There is a town midway between Tarapoto and Yurimaguas where the taxis also stop. It's also a good place to hit up on some traveling chicas. I did not post a travel report about this earlier, because the mongering action is nothing like in the bigger cities, but non-pro action is everywhere. Hoewever, some knowledge of Spanish is essential.

Travel Fun
09-24-07, 12:29
I was recently in Tarapoto and had a good time. This is a small city a long ways from civilization, even though it is only an hour by air from Lima. There is no Cine, for example, and the markets, etc. Could be the same as they were 30 years ago in the rest of Peru.

For tourist activities, you are pretty limited. There are a couple of waterfalls to visit, and the countryside is beautiful if you like farm land.

The people are very friendly, and if you make any effort at all, you should be able to make friends with just about anyone. They don't see many foreigners and are starved for interaction.

The pro scene is hard to crack. No ads, no way to find out about pros except from taxi drivers and hotel doormen.

There is a Chonga on the northwest side of town in Morales section. I went down there during the day just to see, and the entrance price was S/5 plus S/10 for the woman. No time limit discussed, I believe that was for a single pop. Did not partake because I had already linked up with a couple of chicas at my hotel, but it looked like the typical low level chonga type scene. Any taxi driver should be able to get you down there.

My doorman had phone numbers for women to come to my room, which is always my preference. First number was S/80, but they quickly upped that to S/100 on the pretext that the S/80 was for a single pop, whereas I always want an hourly rate.

First woman was a little chunky, but very sweet in the jungle fashion. The selva babes may not always be the most beautiful, but they sure do have the passion.

I told the doorman that I wanted a delgada, and the next woman was a knockout, still full of passion. Thin, but healthy, only about half my size. I brought her back the next night, my last, which is not usually my modus. Damn, I still want that girl.

My hotel was the Luna Azul, cost was S/225 for four nights in a smallish room with AC. The staff were very nice, no problems with the women coming in, but it is a family hotel, so you need to be discreet. After about 9 PM there should be no problem bringing in a woman, and there was never any mention of an extra charge.

I would say Iquitos is far superior for the P4P action with a jungle flavor. If you want a town where there are virtually no gringos, Tarapoto would fill that bill.

Adelante Siempre
10-06-07, 02:45
Indeed, the people of Tarapoto are very friendly once you make the effort to interact. That knowing some Spanish is mandatory, it goes without saying.

Having been there 3 years ago, I did notice the price increase this summer.
I did ask prices at the Laguna Azul, and they have increased indeed. Three years ago I paid 15 soles for a room there. This year, the cheapest they had, went for 30 soles, small room with fan and cable TV. They were willing to negotiate as the posted minimum rate was 50 soles.

The pro scene is hard to crack. No ads, no way to find out about pros except from taxi drivers and hotel doormen.

I would not say itīs hard to crack the pro scene, but taxi drivers are your main source of introduction if you want to meet pros. I met both pros and nonpros over there this summer.

THE PRO SCENE

A ranch-style chongo called Jaguar. I went there once, had a very attractive Chinese girl 19 or so. I did negotiate the price down to 15 soles for the basic session. She was great at trying hard to make me come and spent some extra time toward that end. She was by far the best one I saw there that night. My taxi driver knew all kinds of places, but the Jaguar is well known in Tarapoto.

My best time perhaps was in a small bar-type establishment on an unpaved street. I arrived there at night. I canīt even begin to describe this location but the chica was great. She was 22, petite, with a slight scar on her stomach. For 40 soles she did everything I asked and things I did not even ask but was glad that she got into it. We must have tried about 10 different positions out of the Kama Sutra. On top of that, she was into bbj, and an anal conosieur in every sense. She even gave a great rim job. Having been given such a lavish tongue-bath and a senseless fuck, I staggered out of that place with her phone number, but the damned phone will not answer.

These places change locations as some places open and others close, but a decent taxista will get you there.

There is no lack of places from what I have seen.

Adelante Siempre
10-06-07, 03:03
HIGH END CLUBS
There are a couple of high-priced clubs that cost around 140 soles for a one hour session, but the chicas are no different from the other places, but the clubs are more expensive looking. Again, any taxista will know about these clubs. One is Saggitarius bar, the other is Coco Bar I think.

WHISKERIAS
There are whiskeria-type places in this neighborhood too along the main highway. There the going price is about 70 soles, and the girl that I found there was more attractive than in the higher end club.

ONE OF A KIND
There is another Coco Bar, this one is on an unpaved road, action here begins at night, and there is a bar of course. There is a decent sound system.
The song they kept playing that night was "Recuerdo Cuando Tenia Quince"
which of course means, "I remember when I was fifteen". Well, they are definitely not hard core pros here, although they are pros and they are sweet.

SUMMARY OF THE PRO SCENE
The scene downtown is just about worthless. Trannies and washed-out broads sitting in doorways. The best action is at low-end clubs and houses, which of course a decent taxista would know about. It does take a few days to get to know places, but if you insist on seeing better places and insist on value for your money, you will find it here. There is know shortage of these places but you will spend an hour or two finding some of them. The taxista typically charges about 20 soles per hour for driving you around and waiting for you at the clubs.

Adelante Siempre
10-06-07, 03:12
There is such a variety of pros at night, although not in great numbers like in a big city, that they had me occupied at night.

I did meet college girls and others by going out and conversing on the street and was invited to a parillada where more college girls were in attendance. I did make some friends here, though did not stay in town long enough to pursue the matter, although I did get some phone numbers. It seems like it takes some time to get to know them, as these girls did not seem to be cut out for one night stands--a departure from the scene in Iquitos.

Shyguy
07-24-08, 01:57
I stayed near the main plaza at La Posada Inn. The rooms were small but clean and secure, a fair deal at S. /60 per night with good cold AC and hot shower. Including breakfast. The staff there was very friendly and helpful, but I never got the chance to find out whether it was chica-friendly. Probably only at night. Joseph is the night guy and he speaks a little English, would be the person to ask if you stay there.

I checked out the plaza for SW's and did not see any at all.

I went to the Sagitarius Night Club and it was not bad. A fairly large night club with quiet private areas where you could sit and talk away from the loud music. The price S. /10 for entry and S. /12 for a Pilsner Grande. The place was pretty much empty at 11 PM, but there was one nice 7-8 and the price was S. /50 to the house for a room upstairs and S. /150 for an hour with this chica. It is probably the best place in Tarapoto.

Another night I went out to the Jaguar chongo which is WAY out in a dark, deserted looking area on the outskirts of town, but seemed safe once I got there. The wierd part is that they have a bar in front (Jaguar I) where you sit and drink, but no chicas come in the bar area. You have to walk back behind the bar to find them standing in front of their doorways at Jaguar II. The actual chongo. S. /3 admission just to walk back there and look. Nothing that interested me at all, mostly 5-6, so I left.

All in all, I did not find much in Tarapoto. I think if I had spent more time in the clubs out near Morales there might have been more action there.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Elberto
07-25-08, 00:00
Hey Shyguy,

What was your impression of the non-pro scene? I understand that gringos are pretty rare around there so did you notice any special attention from the local girls?

Shyguy
07-28-08, 19:04
Hey Shyguy,What was your impression of the non-pro scene? I understand that gringos are pretty rare around there so did you notice any special attention from the local girls?No, I did not go to the regular clubs - I think they are mostly out near Morales District.

Elberto
08-24-08, 23:40
I have been in town a week and there couldnīt be more difference between Lima and Tarapoto. The girls here are very flirty and I have a couple of things going with some non-pros, but the girls in Lima are much faster to bed. If you are here for non-pros you had better plan on sticking around a while.

After spending Friday night dancing with a hottie in the newest disco she passed out on the mototaxi ride back to the hotel so I was left with blue balls. Saturday it rained hard all day, there was not the usual foot traffic, and my non-pro friends were all at work so I decided to head out to Jaguar for relief.

It was a 25 minute, 5 soles mototaxi ride out to the river, down a mud road past a lot of incredibly poor people and their concrete shacks. Once you get to Jaguar the entrance is 10 soles and there is a little bar with big bottles of beer for 5 soles.

The girls are in rooms they rent and you have to stick your head inside the open doors to see the girls. There were about 6 there on Saturday afternoon but the doorman said that there were as many as 25 later in the night. I looked around but none of the girls were to my taste so I sat in the bar and waited for some other doors to open. There is not a lot of traffic here so I had the taxi driver wait, and since I wanted to wait a while we got a big beer and shot the breeze until I was ready to try again.

I finally chose a girl with pretty eyes and a sweet smile, but she has definitely been pumping out the kids if the stretch marks on her belly were any indication. The price was 15 soles to completion. She refused bbbj and seemed to not want to be there. She gave a half-assed bj and then lubed up her puss and laid back. During the boning she had the most ridiculous look on her face and right as I was ready to bust she started asking questions about living in Lima.

The Jaguar was the lowest level I can imagine, even including the $6 lays behind Polvos Azules. If you find yourself in Tarapoto with a case of blueballs you might give it a shot, but this is Nibu territory and not for most.

Adelante Siempre
08-30-08, 15:06
Hey Elberto,
Sorry to hear didn't see too many decent lays there that night.
Maybe I lucked out with the 20yo Chinese girl at the Jaguar.
I went back the next night and she was not there. She was
the only decent lay in the joint. She had great bed manners though.
I think your best bet in Tarapoto is not to go to any particular place,
but ask the driver to show you around. It took me two days of hunting
to find the chica (yes she had stretch marks) but hey she was hell of a lay
from blow job to rim job. That was not the Jaguar, just some hole in the
wall bar on a dirt street. The ***** was a sex demon I tell you.
Good things can happen, but it may not be your first night that it happens there.

I miss Tarapoto and Iquitos even more, but then now I am stuck here in Thailand due to a job assignment :)

Damn I miss those Peruanas. I am going to have to find some native poonying that hasn't seen too many farangs.

S.A.

Elberto
08-30-08, 21:38
A local guy told me about the Jaguar in passing and when I didnīt get to seal the deal with my non-pro I just asked the taxi driver to take me to the Jaguar. You are right, though, the mototaxi drivers are the guys to ask for just about anything you want in Tarapoto.

I did pretty well with the non-pros there, including a quickie with the hotel maid while she was cleaning my room. When I started to grab a condom she told me to put it away, laid me back on the bed and rode me bareback like a cowgirl.

Doc Bill
09-29-09, 06:51
Iīm heading to Tarapoto for some business in a few days. I canīt believe the last post here is over a year old! Is there really that little action there? Has anyone been there recently?

Doc Bill
10-03-09, 07:04
Plenty of action in Tarapoto. I am never one to spend half the night riding around in cabs and or going to loud clubs. I'd frankly rather jerk off, maybe it's my age.

But all you have to do here, as in many places, is just ask the night guy at the hotel you're staying at. Unless it's a real high class family place I've never had a problem (see mine and others' Iquitos reports).

There is absolutely NO street action here, and a heavy police presence. A few trannies. So I asked the hotel night guy (name doesn't matter) if he could get me a chica. 15 minutes later a strong 19 y/o 7 was knocking on my door. 100 soles, plus 10 for taxi. Would only do covered bj and was a bit rushed, but I didn't care, I just wanted to get my rocks off and go to sleep! She performed well and worth the money, and got out fast enough without the bs conversations and let me get some sleep.

I am at Hotel Nilus, close enough to the center but far enough to be quiet. Great staff, good breakfast included, and a nice pool, bar, gym, game area, all for 80 soles per night. And then there's the night pimp at the desk, an added bonus.

It's all good.

Doc Bill
10-03-09, 07:48
So this guide, a 17 year old kid, picks up this hairy tarantula the size of my hand and tells me that they only bite and emit poison when threatened or cornered. Five minutes later he could barely breath, was choking and vomiting, and all sorts of painfull things to watch. No one else seemed concerened and said he'd be better in an hour or two.

Shouldn't these guys know better?

John Gault
10-03-09, 14:56
Plenty of action in Tarapoto. I am never one to spend half the night riding around in cabs and or going to loud clubs. I'd frankly rather jerk off, maybe it's my age.

But all you have to do here, as in many places, is just ask the night guy at the hotel you're staying at. Unless it's a real high class family place I've never had a problem (see mine and others' Iquitos reports).

There is absolutely NO street action here, and a heavy police presence. A few trannies. So I asked the hotel night guy (name doesn't matter) if he could get me a chica. 15 minutes later a strong 19 y/o 7 was knocking on my door. 100 soles, plus 10 for taxi. Would only do covered bj and was a bit rushed, but I didn't care, I just wanted to get my rocks off and go to sleep! She performed well and worth the money, and got out fast enough without the bs conversations and let me get some sleep.

I am at Hotel Nilus, close enough to the center but far enough to be quiet. Great staff, good breakfast included, and a nice pool, bar, gym, game area, all for 8 soles per night. And then there's the night pimp at the desk, an added bonus.

It's all good.
Hey Doc,
8 Soles per night ? Is that a mistake?

Doc Bill
10-04-09, 06:44
Yeah, sorry, I corrected it. It's 80 soles a night.

Hey Doc,
8 Soles per night ? Is that a mistake?

I took a very long jungle hike today, some of it at night, to an animal reserve in the middle of nowhere. I also visited the Takawasi Center, rehab for drug/alcohol addicts that uses ayahuasca as part of their treatment, with a reported very high success rate (independently reported). Anyway, San Martin is a great place (Tarapoto etc.), hot springs, waterfalls, and so on so since I'm not talking about the purpose of this forum just pm me if interesed in any nonsexual options here.

Lima Busy
10-04-09, 18:05
Yeah, sorry, I corrected it. It's 80 soles a night.

I took a very long jungle hike today, some of it at night, to an animal reserve in the middle of nowhere. I also visited the Takawasi Center, rehab for drug/alcohol addicts that uses ayahuasca as part of their treatment, with a reported very high success rate (independently reported). Anyway, San Martin is a great place (Tarapoto etc.), hot springs, waterfalls, and so on so since I'm not talking about the purpose of this forum just pm me if interesed in any nonsexual options here.
Bill,
Bring back some pictures of the hotel as I am interested in going out there. Elberto used to live out that way but I heard he is back in Kansas now.

Doc Bill
10-04-09, 21:12
You? YOU? LB, is that really you, that wants to come up to the jungle???? Are you tripping, or what?

Anyway, Hotel Nilas is great, and you can have a nice chica there at night in 15 minutes for 120 soles. No GFE, but fun.

They have a website with pics. Look it up, but I'll take some for you too.

Doc Bill
10-05-09, 06:42
There IS street action in Tarapoto, but trust me, even if I could remember where it is you wouldn't want it. These girls couldn't pay ME 200 soles for sex!

Doc Bill
10-06-09, 05:14
After trolling the streets awhile last night I stopped in a casino. I don't gamble but I was bored and it was early, so I played a little machine roulette and won 40 soles.

Now if you're reading this forum then you already know how I thought about that money. Anyone else might think "Cool, that pays for half a day at my hotel," or a day and a half of food, or taking my friends/guides out to dinner, or the medication I had to buy, or "free" laundry. But NO - For me it was "Gee, now I can get laid for essentially 60 soles, room service - How can I say no to that?"

So the night guy at the hotel, who I had to repeat three times NO ONE OVERWEIGHT - FLACA, FLACA, FLACA! - Sent over Mary, a very VERY hot and beautiful and gfe 20 y/o. Refused to do uncovered bj, but overall good gfe performance and real sweet. I got her number and will repeat.

I also want to put in a plug for Hotel Nilas. They have a website. It has all the cleanliness and amenities of a 4 star hotel, great pool, gym, etc. and room service sex all night long!

A good US friend of mine who spends a lot of time here told me that people up here are generally mistrustful of Gringos, for good reasons. I do sense some mistrust, even a little hostility at times. People are more conservative, and friendly when approached but they won't approach you first. But they are good people. The hooker in my room found a bunch of soles and could have easily taken them and I would have never known, but she gave them to me. A girl at the supermarket chased me down the street to give me 40 soles change I forgot to take.

You would really have to spend some good time here in order to cultivate a relationship, even just to get laid.

All that having been said, I love it here, and I'll be back. And don't get me wrong - There ARE good kind people and flirtatious available women. The women just would take some work. We're not in Lima anymore.

Doc Bill
10-06-09, 05:18
www.hotelnilas.com

Birds
01-23-10, 21:07
I was here for one night about a week ago, and can confirm the essence of previous reports:

. Nothing doing near el centro

. Ask a moto-taxi guy

(Doc Bills strategy was not available to me)

After wandering around near El Centro a while and confirming point 1, I asked a moto-taxi guy to take me to some chicas. I THINK the area we went to would be reached by going south on the road on the east side of the main plaza (which you couldn't actually do as its one-way north near the plaza) for a mile or so until it curves left (east). There were a few divey looking places along here with colored lights. Stopped at one on the left (north) that was kind of inside a concrete wall. The bartender/mamasan called a few girls over that were BIG and I'm thinking Oh shit, and ask for something a little smaller, she calls out another name, and a 7-8 spinner appears. OK! We three (incl mototaxi driver) sat around for a bit drinking beer waiting for a room to open up. In the room, she started off pretty rushed with all of a minute of BBBJ before reaching for the condom, I slowed her down with some DATY and she loosened up and we had an enjoyable time. Damages:

100 chica (may have overpaid as I didn't check the price ahead of time)

10 room

20 mototaxi guy RT plus waiting

12 beers

Doc Bill
03-15-10, 04:10
There is one flight here each way from Lima on Star Peru, leaving Lima at 4pm, returning to Lima from Tarapoto at 8pm. I believe Star Peru is considerably cheaper than LAN, and I personally don't like to patronize LAN. They have a monopoly on some routes and they treat their customers accordingly.

Again at Hotel Nilas. See below for more info. I barely had my bag unpacked when the deskman started showing me photos of beautiful chicas on his cellphone. 100 soles for the girl, 10 for him. Room serice, here we come!

Sly One
03-15-10, 15:47
We all look forward to seeing a couple of photes of the Tarapota Girls.

Sly

Doc Bill
03-17-10, 08:18
And I'll have some great photos to share!

Hotel Nilas - 80 soles per night - Heated pool, room service, breakfast, clean rooms, wi-fi, and an all night chica referral service for ten soles!

Giovana came to see me tonight. I picked her out of Mickey's assortment of chica photos on his cellphone. She looked in person about ten times better than her photo. I am very sparing when I rate girls, but this one was a strong 9.5 in looks, 8 in performance, and 9 in attitude. She came in with a jean mini and high heels, just how I like it. She tried to put a condom on for oral but I nixed that and she complied, only with a little hesitance. She did not take her time but was far from hurried too. Perfect skin and legs to die for. At my age I could have gotten off just looking at a picture of her, that's how beautiful she is.

One hour, 100 soles plus 10 for mototaxi (yeah, right). And ten for Mickey. Total damage in U.S. dollars = approximately $38. More than worth it and I will repeat tomorrow, and I have her cell no. and email. They're always better the second time when they are more comfortable with you.

Doc Bill
03-18-10, 19:31
1) Don't even think about starting a relationship with a girl here unless you have at least two or three weeks. And you won't have sex.

2) Don't even think about having sex with a girl here unless you've known each other for at least a month or unless you pay for it with a pro or semi-pro.

People are very nice up here but also much more conservative than in Lima, and there is a general mistrust of gringos.

FoxesHunter
03-19-10, 20:16
1) Don't even think about starting a relationship with a girl here unless you have at least two or three weeks. And you won't have sex.
2) Don't even think about having sex with a girl here unless you've known each other for at least a month or unless you pay for it with a pro or semi-pro.

People are very nice up here but also much more conservative than in Lima, and there is a general mistrust of gringos.Dear friend, you are muddling my ideas. I know Tarapoto and every town in the "selva" is an Earthly Paradise for fucking.

I know almost every normal girl (no pro) give you sex if you buy her some gift.
I'm thinking you neber went there.

Member #4351
03-19-10, 23:55
ref: FoxesHunter. Unfortunately he has returned. Its a miracle that Jackson hasnīt banned him yet. Donīt even bother to reply...but for a good laugh, look back on his other posts.

Tomasb
03-20-10, 05:46
Coming to Lima next Tuesday and will spend the weekend there but wanted to check out Tarapoto after that. Hotel Nilas seems like the place to stay and thanks to Doc Bill comments about it. Is Mickey the guy to talk with at the front desk or is it another guy? Had thought about Puerto Palermes (sp?) but not sure if that is all that gfriendly to the board's way of thinking. Could not agree more about LAN. They flat out suck.

Going to finally break down and pay the $20? Entry fee so I can PM David too.

Member #4351
03-20-10, 13:55
I think that Puerto Palmeras is out of the city and more a resort than a place to spend the night...but it`s GF.

Doc Bill
03-20-10, 22:13
Tomasb - Puerto Palmeras is a lovely resort, but it is, as David says, some distance from the town. They will also arrange tours. I would think it is not "chica friendly" since it is a family place, but I don't know for sure. If it is consider the possibility of the "walk of shame."

I am very happy with Hotel Nilas. Every comfort for 80 soles per night. Yes, Mickey is the man to speak with there. He will show you pictures on his cellphone. When you make your pick just tell him what time you want to see her (late night is ok), and she will be there. Most of the girls come from Morales, about a 15 minute taxi ride. The cost (in soles): 100 to the girl plus 10 for taxi, 10 to Mickey. Total = $120 soles or approximately $40. Not bad for a luxury (sort of) hotel.

(and btw, thanks for your support, D-33)

Tomasb
03-21-10, 07:41
Noticed today that Star Peru has about a $100 ida/vuelta fare to Tarapoto. They have great price deals to other parts of the country too, including tourist starved Cusco. Lan Peru price I believe is $300 to $400 round trip.

I know that walk of shame and will probably opt for the Hotel Nilas and Mickey's services. Thanks Doc.

There was a time that you could fly to Talara with other Peruvian airlines in order to access Mancora. However, I read on Wikipedia site that the airport was closed indefinitely. Anyone know why? Sounds like a safety issue.

Member #4351
03-21-10, 18:32
The owner invited me to stay there and bring a chica or chicas, so I donīt think that it would be a problem.

Doc Bill
03-22-10, 10:57
My advice would be to pay the extra and take LAN. Star Peru is notorious for delaying and cancelling flights at the last minute. Everyone I know has a nightmare story about Star Peru. Here's mine:

Coming back from Tarapoto the other day, after waiting on the check-in line for about an hour a Spanish speaking friend that I was lucky to have along went up and asked what was up. We were told first that the flight was delayed. Then they said that anyone who checked in online would go on the already-delayed flight. "What about the rest of us?" I asked. I was told that I would have to take the following flight out. "What time?" I asked. They said that they didn't know - Could be in two hours, five hours, or tomorrow night. Not willing to spend the night at Tarapoto airport for a flight that may not even exist I went over and bit the bullet, paying $170 for a one-way LAN flight leaving in 30 minutes. Star Peru never again.

Alpha Cyte
09-04-12, 10:24
Hey forum, Anyone know if hotel Nila is still the place to stay? I will be in Tarapoto at end of week and will post my report.

Sly One
09-05-12, 00:33
Yes, it is still a good option to stay and girl friendly and very central.

Make sure you get a Peruvian to make the booking else you will get the gringo rate and get them to confirm the price in writing via internet. They will also do a deal if you say well this is my budget.

They also tried to charge to me the same rate but in dollars when I left.

I fixed that by then saying well "I'm now paying Nothing."After walking a little distance and loading 3/4s of my stuff in the taxi" and they realized I never signed the guest bookthey soon agreed to take previously agreed sole rate.

Also as reported the guy on the night shift security. Milco? Well starts with a "M"

Just ask the night shift guy where to find some company and offer a tip for good advice.

Mr "M" tried to supply with some girls. And tried the Old bait and switch trick on me.

The two who turned up were pigs 4/10. Didn't even offer to pay for their taxi money home.

So tell him to set you up with something very pretty 8+/10 else he and she will get nothing.

He has the pictures in his cell phone but unfortunately the 2 he sent me were very different to what I was shown.

Sly

Parkour King
12-29-16, 20:30
Was in Tarapoto few days ago. Local friend showed me chongo, because I asked him. It is located in Morales, its kinda neighbor district. Mototaxi at late evening cost was 10 soles. The place is called Pykaras, from outside looks like old fashion mansion. Inside it has 2 floors, rooms with girls on both floors. Was dark, all visitors there were locals, most of them drunk as shit. Entrance is 10 or 15 soles I think, don't remember. Price is 30 soles for 20 minutes. The girl I choose were from Selva, she looked pretty but very cold. No kisses to body possible, no contact, everything mechanically. Cannot say anything about other girls, but they didn't smile like girls do in Cucardas. For the way back mototaxer asked 15 soles, LOL. But that was after midnight. Also there is a bar, but only beer available.

Joe100
04-13-18, 12:28
Arrived in Tarapoto yesterday. Anyone got any advice on where to go? I'm kind of tired of the chongo thing. It's a very very cold and mechanical experience. Is there any other option?

If not, what's the most relevant chongo in Tarapoto right now?

Jack Jericho
04-13-18, 19:11
Arrived in Tarapoto yesterday. Anyone got any advice on where to go? I'm kind of tired of the chongo thing. It's a very very cold and mechanical experience. Is there any other option?

If not, what's the most relevant chongo in Tarapoto right now?P4P scene, other than the chongos, is very poor in Tarapoto but it is not needed, not really, you can easily pick up a girl at a disco.

Another option is the hotel guy, the doorman / night man at any medium priced hotel will get you girls if asked, but the risk of not getting quite what you expected is high.

There are two chongos in Tarapoto, Pykaras and Via Rosa, both in Morales in the outskirts of Tarapoto, Pycaras seems to be the best option by far these days.

I hope it helps.

Joe100
04-14-18, 12:51
Thanks for posting Jack. My spanish is weak so didn't bother with the disco thing in the end. Might give it a go when I get to Iquitos later in the week. No longer inspired by chongos so didn't bother taking the moto taxi ride out.

P4P scene, other than the chongos, is very poor in Tarapoto but it is not needed, not really, you can easily pick up a girl at a disco.

Another option is the hotel guy, the doorman / night man at any medium priced hotel will get you girls if asked, but the risk of not getting quite what you expected is high.

There are two chongos in Tarapoto, Pykaras and Via Rosa, both in Morales in the outskirts of Tarapoto, Pycaras seems to be the best option by far these days.

I hope it helps..

Slick Rich33
02-22-20, 16:40

If not, what's the most relevant chongo in Tarapoto right now?I'm going to check Tarapoto on my next trip. How did you get there? Was it by plane or bus?

DownUnderMonger
02-23-20, 04:57
Looking at redbus. Pe it's 22-30 hours. I'd be flying at that length haha.

While a bus cama for 5-10 hours up the coast (mostly spent asleep mind you) isn't too bad, but that doesn't sound like fun.

Watch "From Rio to Lima Transocenica" on youtube. That gives you an insight into long-distance travel that looks like some real pain that I'd pass on.

I'm going to check Tarapoto on my next trip. How did you get there? Was it by plane or bus?

Jack Jericho
02-25-20, 01:42
I'm going to check Tarapoto on my next trip. How did you get there? Was it by plane or bus?Depending on the dates and how much in advance you reserve your flight, a round trip to Tarapoto in Latam may cost you less than 100 US dollars. I wouldn't consider travelling by bus if I were you.

Not to mention that between January and March (actually from mid-December to mid-April) it is rain season in Peruvian's mountains and jungle, and there is a high probability of being caught by a "huayco" (landslide). Huaycos are frequent in summer in the mountains; you can be stranded for a day or two if a huayco takes out the road. Go to youtube, search for "huayco en Peru" and you'll get an idea. The rest of the year, on the other hand, the trip by bus through the amazing landscape is a breathtaking experience, and the roads are good, safe and relatively new (we rebuild them every other year because of the huaycos ha ha ha).

J. J.