PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin
05-16-02, 06:02
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

Reggie P
01-03-04, 03:20
Does anyone know if there are Ukrainian dating sites on the net, similar to the ones in Romania like www.aman2.ro and others? I mean internal sites that Ukrainians use to find relationships, not ripoff sites intended for foreigners looking for Ukrainian brides.

Thanks for info.

Uke Boy
01-03-04, 14:35
Reggie,

There are significant number of sites. The only problem for most guys is that the sites are in Russian or, less so, in Ukrainian. They do not as a rule give you an English language option since it is for locals.

Most of the Russian and Ukrainian portals have this "acquaintance" service so it is just a question of looking for what you want.

If language is not a problem, you can start with www.bigmir.net and when on the main page, click on "znakomstvo." There are menus that you can follow to narrow the search.

By the way, many Russian-based sites also include Ukrainian girls.

One portal site does have English to start the search, that is http://meta-ukraine.com/defeng.asp

One other thing. These sites also list many ladies who besides possible marriage or friendship, do offer their services for pay. Worth a look as well.

Good luck.

Reggie P
01-03-04, 20:44
Thanks, Uke Boy.

I'm checking these out. Are there any other internal Ukraine sites that you know of?

Uke Boy
01-08-04, 16:26
Reggie,

I am not a user of these sites so I can't be too much help. Maybe someone else can add to this but here are a few extra comments.

As I mentioned earlier, look at www.meta-ukraine.com/en and look at "acquaintances" in the "Entertainment" category. There are lots of sites there but many are US/Ukraine based marriage agencies, but not all. There seems to be many local dating sites as well. You will just have to search for what you want.

You could also try lovemy.com.ua, galalove.ru or even prosex.com.ua. All have "acquaintance" searches.

Hope this helps.

Bez Bezarra
01-19-04, 00:27
What about another matter that has "some" degree of importance. Well, not really important important on the scale of pussy or anything, but still, you know, important.

I'm talking about vodka, caviar, and cuban cigars.

Let's start with vodka. Comparing 3 at the top, Russian Standard, Hetman, and the one with the old guy holding a cross, don't know the name but its good shit, and its also the one available in the duty free store in Boryspol for only $11!

Just my personal thought, but I have to say that these 3 brands blow away anything available in the US. I feel just like Putin when I drink shots of Russian Standard!

Caviar. The expensive seafood shop for tourists on Kreschatik sells the best stuff for about $60+ a jar. I thought this was a rip-off, but when I bought something that looked very close in a local neighborhood magazine, it was much cheaper, at about $25, but it was kind of dried out. Tasty, yes, but not as good.

I'm sounding like a fucking snob, sorry.

Cuban stogies. The tobacco shop, also on Kreschatik, is also a huge rip-off, they wanted about $12 for one cigar! Duty free again at Boryspol is a great buy, I've gotten Cuban Montecristo's and also very excellent Punch cigars for great prices, as low as $60 or $70 for a box of 25, and I'm talking about normal size stogies, not those stupid little cigar-ettes.

Any comments guys?

Opium
01-19-04, 20:25
Yes Magnus Man, you do sound like a fucking snob. Actually you don't. I load up on cuban cigars whenever I see them cheap too.

With the exception of Spain, and of course Cuba, outside duty free shops you tend to get slayed on the pricing. Athens was like 25 Euro for a MC #2 and England, well don't even go there for cigars in or outside of duty free. Its pretty sad really. However I bought a bunch in Turkey when I was there at duty free for a song. Really good prices.

My next adventure will likely be into someplace like the Ukraine as I fell in love with a Ukraine pro in Istanbul on my last haunt (see Istanbul report if you are at all interested) and I will keep your tips in mind.

Cheers

Vegamars
01-20-04, 02:29
Any brand can blow off anything available in the US?? It doesn't have to be from Ukraine at all!

If you wanna get involved with a real free site, try out loveme.ru
If you still insist on spending your bucks, loveme.com is a good choice.

Budgie
06-02-04, 15:08
As a complete newbie in this forum and a novice to the hobby.

Can anyone help me about Women from the Ukraine who use adult friend finder.
I have been corresponding with a person from Lugansk for a couple of months, and plan on her visiting me on a trip to Turkey.

As yet she has not asked for money or hinted at how poor she is.

I was told that for her to get a passport it would cost $150 and there would be no visa charge until she got to the Turkish border, is this correct?

I am not the sort of person to take things lightly, but advice / experiences from persons here would be greatly appreciated.

I have read horror stories of money being sent and no person turns up, is this the norm or the exception?

Peter

Cafe Dog
06-03-04, 07:19
Budgie,

Try this site,

http://www.rwguide.com/

Good luck,

Cafe Dog

Vegamars
06-05-04, 12:15
I can tell you that she will never show up,especially if she's from the worldwide famous place Lugansk.
Actually she needs no money or vey little to make a new passport,but then she has to wait for about 1 month.If she wants to do it in just 1 day,she has to pay about $400-500.
Most important of all,why and how would she be willing to pay the $300 ticket and $20 visa charge??

Toscana
06-07-04, 10:18
Budgie,

It’s always a difficult one to call. But I have had good experience with meeting girls from Ukraine (or Kazakhstan) in Turkey. It’s a good option because of the lack of visa problems for both.

First comment: most East European girls interested in meeting someone i.e. not interested in selling themselves, try Friendfinder or others, NOT Adult Friendfinder. (It doesn’t mean, however, that they are not going to give you a good time or will come with the wrong attitude). But AFFinder is generally a different, hotter but also riskier bazaar. So, your wariness is not out of place. It’s good she is not raising the subject of money. But she will probably not be able to fund a trip to meet you herself, and ultimately only you can judge whether this girl may be trustworthy or not. There are no guarantees.

Getting the passport should be her problem. Given time it should not be a big expense. Visas two years ago (last time I did it) were obtainable on the border for everyone, you too (USD 20?). You just fight with 50 others in a “queue” at a counter, hand over your money to a sweating cashier and get the paper you need. I don’t think this has changed, check the embassy sites, maybe WSG Forum Turkey section. So that should not be a financial problem in advance, and you could reimburse when you meet her. Ditto taxi if you cannot meet her at the airport.

You will probably have to pay for the girl’s flight. On the three occasions I met girls in Turkey I twice had to do this. The amounts for them are usually too great to simply borrow from friends, so the question arises “do I send her money or not?” Try not to, for obvious reasons. If she says she needs money for the border to show she can support herself, reject this – and be suspicious. Not necessary in my experience. Return flight and copy evidence of hotel booking will be enough in the unlikely event of questions.

I booked the flights for the girls with Turkish Airlines (flights to Istanbul from Ukraine, with onward connections to the south coast possible) from their office in Frankfurt (see website), with the instruction that the ticket be picked up against passport identification at their Odessa office. I paid the airline directly. This insured that, at least, she had invested in a passport, and received no – perhaps for her - tempting fortune in cash. It was a budget ticket, so virtually non-transferable and therefore difficult to sell. It worked a treat, I picked the beauties up at the airport, the gonads sizzled and I had some very good times.

But before you do all that, perhaps check that she isn’t on the list of scammers on
http://agencyscams.com/

Budgie
06-08-04, 02:31
To all who took the time to reply thanks.

I will give it a little longer, but the mails are getting suspicious, from her.

Budgie

Nauskas
07-02-04, 09:02
Customs question-

I have read mostly about declaring and departing with money. But how does customs treat gifts and specifically computers.

I have a receipts for gifts. I hear its a 200 Euro max, but the tax or graft can be pretty good.

I have a multi-entry private visa based on the US Embassy descriptive sheet.

Does customs tend to take apart your luggage as the US does to entering foreigners or is it more like Russia where they don't even look at you most of the time ?

Vegamars
07-02-04, 09:56
Just like Russia if you're entering Ukraine for the first time,especially through Odessa airport or by way of train or car in every location, your luggage,gifts,portable computers,etc will definitely be searched.
No need to worry,the process is just in anticipation of 50Grv.

Doctor_Skank
07-02-04, 10:27
Beansed:

I think "definitely" is too strong a term... my recent excursion to Kiev and Odessa was without any search whatsoever... and I was carrying a laptop, a big camera and gifts. They sent it through the x-ray machine as always, but weren't interested in inspecting anything and doubt they even looked at the x-ray machine...

Nauskas
07-02-04, 10:42
ATMs

I found AMEX has contract offices in Kiev and DNPER, but how prevalent are ATM machines. Any tips on exchanging $

I am flying via Warsaw into Kiev, just wondering if I should change some, handy for cutoms or whatever if needed.

Also, can I use USD or should I exchange as much UKR currency as I expect to spend ? For palces not accepting credit cards, i presume i must pay in UKR currency.

I got some travellers checks as a backup.

TIA

Doctor_Skank
07-02-04, 11:07
ATMs are very common in any city of any size, at least in the center. Very common in Kiev. So are exchange offices. Either drawing UAH (Grivnya) from an ATM or exchanging dollars into UAH is no problem whatsoever.

I personally doubt you'll have to bribe the customs personnel, but others seem to have other experiences.

Having a small amount of local cash is always a good idea, or a larger anount if you are arriving late. Exchange offices often close around 9-10pm or sometimes earlier.

You will have to pay most things in UAH (grivnya), so exchange some $ into UAH when you arrive. I usually exchange in groups of $200-300 to keep a steady supply of local currency on hand without exchanging all of it, as I never know how much I'll need. Pros you can pay in US$. Some places will also exchange for you, although many will not.

ATMs have a good exchange rate, so if you are comfortable with this than you can freshen your supply of UAH this way by having the ATM pay you in UAH.

Uke Boy
07-02-04, 16:21
Beansed

I go in and out of the country all the time. Dealing with Customs is like playing a game of chance with respect to inspections.

First, and most important, is that you MUST fill out a customs declaration especially if you are carrying more than $1,000 and over in cash or traveller's checks. The written form makes it easier for the customs officer and that way you start on the right foot. The reason for the declaration is that what you take in, you can take out the same things (and the same amount of money) with no problems. If you bring in $2,000, spend nothing of that, and lose the form, you will be allowed to take out $1,000 and the rest goes to the "state."

Anything you declare in the area of $1,000 or more will generally have customs ask you at the border, sometimes coming in, most of the time going out, to take out ALL your money and have you count it out in front of them. If they don't like your looks, are having a bad day or just want to bust your balls or just suspect you are lying, they will ask you to go with them to another room. There they will read you the laws about smuggling and then do an inspection of your luggage. I have had that "pleasure" but since I come in and out often, my chances of this increase. I also don't play games and play by the rules since the alternatives are both unpleasant and costly. Don't forget that customs still operates with many folks who started as Soviet customs agents and they still have the same attitude.

Gifts coming in are a duty free maximum of 200 Euros. For the most part, if the value is around that, they will ask you verbally, no need to declare it on the form and it is fine. With anything more valuable, you might have some problems.

The computer is a problem and duties are very steep. The solution here is that Ukraine allows you to carry your own laptop without needing to declare it since it is considered personal property, which does not need to be declared, not even on the declaration form. Therefore if you have one laptop going in, (and make sure it is not in a box but looks like it is for your use) then who is to say you had one if you leave without it?

I would not suggest your first trying to bribe a customs agent if you have a problem. That could get you into bigger trouble. Make sure he makes the first move or he suggests payment for settling a problem.

ATMs are all over the place but they give out Grivna at rates better than exchange kiosks. In all retail places and restaurants only Grivna are accepted. However, if you run out of grivna when paying, or even if all you have is dollars, they will gladly take dollars. The ladies will take anything but dollars are preferred. Agencies such as Gia and others quote in dollars and prefer dollars. They will take Grivna but if the street exchange rate is 5.35, they will quote you a Grivna price at a rate of say 5.45.

Budgie
07-02-04, 20:04
Not heard from her for 3 weeks, so I was right to suspect she was looking for cash at least.

Glad No money was sent and No gifts.

She mentioned she had nude photos to send and wanted a threesome!

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Budgie
08-22-04, 12:05
What are the visa requirements for a European to visit the Ukraine.
I am planning to visit via a cruise from Turkey to the Crimea, then fly back into Europe.

Any advice will be welcome.

In my earlier posts i questioned the intentions of a Lugansk girl, she has since sent me 2 nude / semi nude pictures of herself and asked for some money towards her internet costs.

Is this the sort of actions I can expect from a contact from adult Friendfinder?

Vegamars
08-26-04, 11:36
The best choice would be to get a two-year multi-entry business visa and then you wouldn't have any kind of problems.

You don't require so many documents for such a visa and the important thing is just the fee.

You can expect all kinds of scams from everywhere including adultfriendfinder.com

Surprisingly enough, the completely free sites such as date.com and loveme.ru are much more reliable.

Rendorseg
08-29-04, 02:32
changing subjects...
Guys - I will be bringing a small stereo in a moderate size box in for an amigo in Ukraine. If I bring it with me as luggage which would show it being a stereo and/or if I wrap it in inconspicuous brown paper do you think the customs bastards will give me heck at Kiev/KBP?

Or perhaps I should take it out of the box and pack it in my suitcase...?

Thoughts/experiences appreciated.

thanks!
Rendorseg

Nemez
09-02-04, 03:29
Stereo=radio? You can buy this in every town here.

German
11-15-04, 18:21
Hello everybody,

Can someone give me some advice on sending important docs, such as tickets from Germany to private persons in UA.

I do not trust the public mail system.

Are there alternatives to UPS and FEDEX?

Thanks

Bez Bezarra
11-21-04, 02:10
Yes you can use FEDEX.

Just contact them and they can tell you every city
in a country that they have service to.

I sent round trip Kiev-Florida-Kiev airplane tickets
to a blond university student in Simferopol way back
in 1998, she got them with no problem.

I think sending the tickets cost about $75.

Will Fore
11-22-04, 10:46
I looked through the postings on the Ukraine. I am a regular monger to areas such as Brasil and Argentina. I am looking for variety and have not been to eastern Europe before. The women in the Ukraine pics look good.

I am 32 and pretty good looking and fit. What are costs of women there? I like to usually get to a country and hook up with a freebie (though nothing is free of course because you treat them to dinners and more) but I enjoy that more. I also mix in some pay for play during slow times and when I first arrive somewhere. I don't speak russian or ukranian.

I don't see general info on this site like I see elsewhere. Is there a guide somewhere or does anyone have any info for me?

Thank you.

Will

Seek Rus
11-24-04, 08:53
Keep this area for pictures.

Thanks

Johnny Darko
11-26-04, 12:11
Hi there,

Just a simple question. Are there any cheap airflights from London to Kiev operating on the same lines as Easyjet and Ryaniar as I cannot find anything on the net. But then, I am a lousy web searcher. See you after Xmas fellows.

Johnny

gromit
11-27-04, 08:26
Your only options for LON-KBP are Ukraine International from Gatwick or BA from Heathrow. The likes of Easyjet can only function to popular high volume destinations, Kiev does fit the bill.

Roger Mellie
11-28-04, 11:54
Austrian, Malev and Czech are often the cheapest ways to get to Kiev, but require a flight change. As long as you dont leave it too late though, BA is not expensive

Johnny Darko
11-30-04, 13:32
Thanks fellows, will check BA then.

Johnny

Studly77
12-05-04, 01:46
If credit cards are used are they charged in US dollors or in Ukrainian currency? How can you tell?

German
12-07-04, 14:09
Hi everybody,

I would like to invite one of my Ukrainian girls over to Schengen-Land (Western Europe for you American guys).

She does not have a passport and is quoting an "official"? fee of "70-100 USD" for it. Can anybody confirm that amount. It is twice the level of what I pay in my country (Germany).

Actually this is a test case for me with regards to potential scamming.

Thanks

GERMAN

Roger Mellie
12-29-04, 17:47
A brief overview of how credit cards work

(1) Ukrainian restaurant charges you and your sex kitten date UAH 200 for your meal.
(2) You proffer your Black card (raise eyebrows at date to make sure she notices).
(3) Restaurant processes your 200 hryvnia bill
(4) your credit card company (visa, mastercard, diners amex etc) pays restaurant about 190 hryvnia, and keeps the remainder as its cut.
(5) credit card company converts your UAH 200 bill into your home currency (at a wholesale foreign exchange (FX) rate on the date of processing) and charges you in the domestic currency of your credit card.
(6) your bank (card issuer) pays the credit card company in your home currency
(7) your bank charges you exhorbitent interest in your home currency
(8) you eventually pay your bank in your home currency

So restaurant gets its money in its domestic currency (in this case UAH), and you pay in your domestic currency (which I am assuming is USD) - with the amount converted at a wholesale FX rate on the day the credit card company processes the transaction

Best Sex
12-29-04, 18:41
I used my visa card to take out cash on the ATM machine outside of bank in Tolstoy Square. When I checked up online statement after a few days, I found somebody else cashed out everyday for two days. Because it was my checking debit card, daily limit was $300. I called the bank and asked to block the card. If I did not check up online statement timely, they could cashed everyday until I found it.

Anyway, my bank gave me credit after investigation. But, I still don't know how they could do without card.

Watch out when you use ATM machine.

Uke Boy
01-01-05, 11:42
Good Morning and Happy New Mongering Year

Best Sex,

I am sorry to hear your ATM problem outside of bank in Tolstoy Square. Can you tell us which bank? It would be good for others to stay away from that particular bank and machine.

There has been a small surge of fake ATM machines here in Ukraine so you have to exercise some caution.

I make it a point to use machines only tied into three banks. The primary ATM that I use is with Aval Bank who have a fairly extensive network of banks and ATMs. I have used them in about 95% of my withdrawals and never have had a problem.

The other bank with ATMs that I use if Aval is not available is Azhio and Privatbank.

Other than these, I would use a currency exchange booth if I needed local cash.

Cruiser D
01-10-05, 21:26
BS, all they need to do is use a fake reader. Get the info and pin number you put in and burn a new card. Walk up to a real ATM with the newly burned card, tap in your pin number that you fed into the fake machine...and out spits the money.

That scam is about 15-20 years old in the US. When ATM's first became widespread here.

I used my visa card to take out cash on the ATM machine outside of bank in Tolstoy Square. When I checked up online statement after a few days, I found somebody else cashed out everyday for two days. Because it was my checking debit card, daily limit was $300. I called the bank and asked to block the card. If I did not check up online statement timely, they could cashed everyday until I found it.

Anyway, my bank gave me credit after investigation. But, I still don't know how they could do without card.

Watch out when you use ATM machine.

Roger Mellie
01-14-05, 14:18
I have a confession to make, whenever people ask about recommended apartment agencies, I always tell them a few that I dont use. Thats cause I wanted to keep my favourite one to myself.

Well they have given me such good service that I feel obliged to publicise them. They are called Edem Club and their web site is at:

http://apartments.com.ua/

They also do the visa invites for a paltry $30. And if you are into that sort of thing, like most apartment agencies, they also run a marriage agency.

Edem Club wins the prestigious January 2004 Roger Mellie Stamp of Approval (from now on known as the "Zolotoy Hui" award)

Sponsor74
02-07-05, 00:48
Hi everybody,

I would like to invite one of my Ukrainian girls over to Schengen-Land (Western Europe for you American guys).

She does not have a passport and is quoting an "official"? fee of "70-100 USD" for it. Can anybody confirm that amount. It is twice the level of what I pay in my country (Germany).

Actually this is a test case for me with regards to potential scamming.

Thanks

GERMANHi German,

Did you get any answer? I am trying to do the same but for Switzerland I would much appreciate your experience in this matter and how did you contact your Ukraine lady?

Delgado
02-19-05, 11:37
I read in a german forum that Germans no longer need a visa for traveling to the Ukraine as a tourist.

Is that true, can anyone confirm this information?

Uke Boy
02-20-05, 14:17
Axel,

The immediate answer to your query is "not yet."

There is much discussion going on in the new government as to what they will do to help increase investment and tourism. The first consideration out in the open is the suspension of visas for residents of the EU.

According to the latest reports, however, this will not be instituted until late spring at the earliest and there also is talk that the EU must also provide to Ukraine some signals of potential cooperation such as naming it a market economy.

It still has a way to go but it is in process.

Roger Mellie
02-21-05, 22:12
Yep, the plan is to have it in place by the Eurovision finals in Kiev (mid May). Dont hold your breath. A lot of talk coming out of Kiev now but until we start seeing action, the verdict on the new Government is out

Cafe Dog
02-28-05, 20:17
Hello,

I see that the Ukraine embassy wants my Social Security Number as a part of the visa application. Does anyone know if they really check it? I don't like giving it out due to fears of identity theft. I would rather give a fake one.

Thanks!

Cafe Dog
02-28-05, 20:25
Hello,

The form given to me from the Ukraine Embassy in the USA asks for my Social Security Number. Given my fears about identity theft, I would rather not give it. Does anyone know if they actually check it? I would rather give them my real one.

Thanks!

Rain City
03-14-05, 17:44
Well, since there is no such thing as stupid question (I hope), let me ask some Ukraine beginner questions.

First question: Is escort Odessa located in Kiev or in Odessa? If I were to meet someone from this agency in Kiev, she will have to travel from Odessa? Does it mean it would be easier to meet more girls from the agency if I was in Odessa?

Second: Any recommendation of apartment in Odessa and Kharkiv, especially the ones you used before and you were happy with? I will have a business trip to Europe coming shortly, and am thinking about extend my visit to Ukraine.

Thank you, experienced Ukraine veterans, in advance for your help.

Uke Boy
04-05-05, 08:24
Let's try and get some order here, visa information should be in the general info section and not in Kiev.

After meeting with George Bush yesterday in Washington, Victor Yushchenko announced that the visa requirement for Americans will soon also be lifted granting them visa-free travel in addition to that already announced for EU and Swiss citizens.

Here is the link, for now ONLY in Russian. I will see if I can find an English language link.

http://www.podrobnosti.ua/power/intpol/2005/04/05/201726.html

Once again no other details have as yet been announced, if and when they are, I will let you all know, such as the start date.

For now, though, you still need the visa.

Uke Boy
04-05-05, 16:15
EU and Swiss citizens can come to Ukraine without visas for a maximum period of 90 days beginning 1 May and ending 1 September 2005.

This was announced today by the deputy press secretary of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. He also stated that visas were still needed if you were to come here to study, to permanently work or to emigrate to Ukraine.

At the present time, the embassies and consulates abroad have begun an active campaign to inform tour operators, travel agencies, individuals, airlines, chambers of commerce, business organizations, NGOs and others about this policy change.

Full text in Russian only at this site, no English text as yet:

http://www.korrespondent.net/main/118524

It sounds as though you will have to at the very least fill out that "immigration form" when you arrive as is the case right now. Beyond this information which is coming out very slowly, you might want to check your country's Ukraine Embassy web site and see if there are any more specific updates.

Bez Bezarra
04-23-05, 18:12
What the hell is Bush doing to my fucking dollars?
Exchanging at an all time low of 4.80 hr today?
What the fuck? This is fucking sick!

Is this some effort to get Ukrainians to buy more shit from the US?

I think it was like more than 5.40 a few years ago.

This must stop.

Orange revolution my ass!

Mickey Mouse
04-23-05, 20:07
I recently applied for a "Mulitple Entry Tourist Visa" to Ukraine and, to my surprise, they granted me an unlimited entry 5 yr Tourist Visa. I guess things are loosening up and Ukraine will be joining the western world. I guess some people will just have to find a new place to hide.
The Mouse Reporting

Michael1972
04-23-05, 22:16
Hey Mouse,

In what country did apply for the visa and did you need to pay for it?

Greetz

Just Do It
04-25-05, 15:32
I also just got a 5 year multi entry Visa. Got it from the Embassy in Frisco. Now it Bush would stop the damm slide of the dollar! I will be in Kiev again in June and July. Anybody want to hook-up for a little hunting?

Uke Boy
05-01-05, 13:25
According to the latest press reports, Ukraine has opened its borders today to allow citizens of the EU and Switzerland (only) visa free travel until September 1, 2005. Visas are still being required for all other visitors, including those from the USA, despite the recent comments made by Yushchenko while he was in the USA.

The articles do state the border guards will be looking only at the validity of the passport before letting the visitor through. While no mention was made of the immigration card, I believe that it still has to be filled out.

Perhaps any EU monger to Ukraine coming in this week can let us know what the story is.

MarcoMan
05-04-05, 09:51
I am going to Ukraine tomorrow. I checked with the counsulate in Riga and the info appears to be confirmed: no Visa for EU and Swiss till 1/9/2005.
Will post additional confirmation at my return.

Thank you Ruslana!

Solo25
05-05-05, 05:25
In my earlier posts i questioned the intentions of a Lugansk girl, she has since sent me 2 nude / semi nude pictures of herself and asked for some money towards her internet costs.

Is this the sort of actions I can expect from a contact from adult Friendfinder?Lugansk is a mega-scammer location.

Castor
05-06-05, 10:17
Gents,

It's true: no visa needed. I arrived yesterday from Vilnius and sailed through passport control with my British passport and immigration card. It was, if anything, a bit quicker than usual.

Of course, I had to do some serious convincing of the people in Vilnius airport that the visa requirement had been suspended, but they came through in the end.

Cyberpunk
05-06-05, 23:30
Hi everybody,

Is it safe to visit bars, walk the streets or take women to your hotel room in Ukraine? Have there been incidents of guys that have been drugged, mugged etc? (Maybe it's different in Kiev, Odessa, Krim or other parts?)

I'm grateful for all information I can get. I don't want to do anything stupid but I don't want to miss out on the fun either. ;-)

C

Shortboy
05-20-05, 01:23
Quick querie: Is it possible to get Viagra etc over the counter in Kiev/Ukraine, or is it best to take my own stash with me?

Uke Boy
05-20-05, 06:17
Shortboy,

Viagra, Komagra and all such similar generics, plus Cialis, are available over the counter.

A 50 mg 4 pack is about 300 grivna or $60. A single is about grivna 80 or $16. The generics are much less.

A single Cialis is about $20.

I suppose that they all work and are not fakes since I just read that Viagra is the biggest selling product in pharmacies here.

Bun Biter
06-27-05, 16:29
Uke Boy,

Thanks for the Viagra info. I managed to get some Silagra by mail order from India and it works fine. Unfortunately, the customs authorities in my country have caught onto this (apparently I wasn't the only one ordering it) and have stopped the shipments... Do you know if Silagra (its much much cheaper and has the same effect) is available in Ukraine?

I posted this question on the Kiev thread but got no response so I'll try again here: how long in advance should I show up at Borispol airport for a domestic flight (to Simferopol) and what is Friday afternoon traffic like in Kiev (on the way out)?

Thanks.

BB

Cruiser D
06-28-05, 21:01
The answer to all the question is yes.

You can't play without risk...;)

Hi everybody,

Is it safe to visit bars, walk the streets or take women to your hotel room in Ukraine? Have there been incidents of guys that have been drugged, mugged etc? (Maybe it's different in Kiev, Odessa, Krim or other parts?)

I'm grateful for all information I can get. I don't want to do anything stupid but I don't want to miss out on the fun either. ;-)

C

Uke Boy
06-30-05, 17:29
Bun Biter

I can't help you 100% since I am now out of the country. I am not sure about Silagra but there are some locally available generics at a much lower price than Viagra or Cialis. They may well be Indian imports (a lot of the local medicines are from there) or it may even be locally manufactured. You might want to try that since I suspect it sells well. It is available in most of the phramacies.

For a domestic flight out of Borispol, you should be there just like the international, at least 1.5 hours before the flight. The airport is still a poorly run affair and I always want to make sure the headaches for me don't include missing the flight.

Traffic on a Friday afternoon depends on the time. If you leave early PM, give yourself about 45 minutes from Khreschatik. After 3 PM to about 7 PM, give yourself about an hour, maybe one hour and 15 minutes max in the summer.

Bun Biter
06-30-05, 19:32
Uke Boy:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

BB

Cruiser D
07-01-05, 17:19
It seems to benefit us FF to the Ukraine while still keeping the one offs away. I think it's great and my current Visa just ran out...

Of course I dread showing up at Borispil for the first time without a visa. 'No, no, really. Americans who have been here within 6 months don't need a visa'. 'Come into the back room with us...' ;)

Ukraine Scraps Visa Requirements for Regular Visitors From U.S.
Created: 01.07.2005 11:47 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 11:52 MSK, 8 hours 19 minutes ago

MosNews

Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko signed into effect a decree to scrap the need for visas for U.S. citizens who visit the country regularly, Lenta-Ua reported.

From Jul. 1, 2005 U.S. citizens are allowed to travel to Ukraine or on a transit trip through the country visa free if they have visited less than six months earlier and the period of their stay in Ukraine does not exceed 90 days.

Earlier this year Ukraine dropped visa requirements for European Union (EU) and Swiss citizens from May 1 to Sept. 1 to promote the country’s drive for integration with its western neighbors and facilitate access for foreign visitors to the Eurovision 2005 contest in Kiev that was held in May.

Uke Boy
07-01-05, 23:45
For US citizens, you should be aware and be very careful that your first visit must be with a visa.

Once that visa is in your passport, this decree allows you further visits this time visa-free if you were in Ukraine within the previous six months and stayed for less than 90 days. Otherwise, you will need another visa.

It is too soon to say what confusion will be seen at Borispol with American lads who don't want to read the rules and show up thinking EU rules apply to them. The rules here are significantly different.

Also, while there is still a September 1 termination date with EU visas, the US rule seems to be "permanent." Or at least until the next revision.

It is not clear although that may soon be clarified that you can come in as often as you want visa free as long as the 6 month/90 day rule is followed.

I would suggest that given the present vagueness of this decree and Ukraine's penchant for sudden changes, that if you have a multiple entry visa for any significant length of time, then that would still be the best way to go.

Uke Boy
07-08-05, 16:06
The Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs today announced that the present temporary visa free travel for EU and Swiss citizens has now been made permanent. No more worries about what happens September 1 when the present rule was to expire.

Russian language news site: http://www.korrespondent.net/main/125543

Uke Boy
08-19-05, 17:48
It took a couple of months of some chaos and confusion but today President Yushchenko amended his previous visa order for US citizens. From today on, all US citizens can come to Ukraine visa-free for up to 90 days.

Before this, it was like a dual-entry visa, you could come here a second time within six months after coming in on a single entry visa. Very odd rule but now it has been eliminated.

This now means US, Canadian, EU, Swiss, and Japanese citizens are allowed in visa free.

Member #1604
08-21-05, 10:02
Dear Uke Boy,

I'm looking for a job in Kiev. So could you kindly let me know the average salary level per month for an engineer or sales manager in Kiev?

Thanks

Uke Boy
08-21-05, 17:35

Sorry, but this forum is about sex, not jobs, even in this general information section.

If you want to find this information call or email the very many employment agencies in Kiev and Ukraine. Use the net and try doing this by yourself, I cannot help you.

Wanderer1000
08-21-05, 22:47
#1604,

This might help a little. I was in Kiev this summer, and on the second day, I met a Ukrainian guy that was back visiting from school in the U.S. He had been studying engineering for many years and had just received his masters degree. He was debating whether he wanted to live back in Kiev or try to get a job in America or Western Europe. He was also debating whether to go on for his doctorate in Germany or somewhere else.

With a masters degree and no experience, he figured he could make between $200 to $500 per month in Kiev (depended on what company he could get with). He thought he could get $50,000 in the U.S. Being a native Ukrainian and speaking the language, he thought he could live comfortably in Kiev, and he wasn't sure that his standard of living would be that much greater after taxes and the higher standard of living in the U.S. I didn't talk in detail with him about this, but I thought this would be helpful.

Member #1604
08-22-05, 02:36
This might help a little.

He figured he could make between $200 to $500 per month in Kiev (depended on what company he could get with). He thought he could get $50,000 in the U.S.Jak,

Thanks for your valuable information. But how can it be in such a huge difference? In Kiev, only $500 per month. But in US, $50,000 per month. 100 times. Is it right $50,000 per month in US? I doubt it. I think it should be $5,000 per month. Am I right? Please confirm.

Vop20
08-22-05, 20:13
Hi Guys,

I am total newcomer with ukrainian girls, but I found the page of Elline Escort http://www.belamodel.tk/ and what they offer on the page, looks and sounds to good to be throught!

Has anyone experience with this agency?

Thanks for replies in advance,

Ciao

VOP

Wanderer1000
08-23-05, 00:56
Yes, $5,000 a month - sorry.

The interesting thing about Kiev (and a lot of other large cities in developing countries) is how some people make such large sums of money, while most of the professionals make lousy wages. I discussed this with my Russian teacher a little bit. Her English was at the Proficient level, and she taught most of the advanced English students at her school. She was working six days a week, twelve to thirteen hours a day with lunch on the run, an hour each way on public transportation - and she earned $700 a month. She said this was good money for a professional in Kiev. Bigger money is mostly made by corrupt businessmen (gangster types) and politicians. She had a lot of clients that worked for international companies in Kiev, and they were studying English because it was almost a neccesity to maintain or advance in their positions. I could tell she had aspirations to move on to a large company with the contacts she had made. However, she only expected to make $1,000 a month with some reduced hours (evenings off).

I talked with one of the Gia girls in Kiev about the clientele she serves. She said about two out of three clients are Ukrainian. I think the local rate for Gia is $100 for two hours. If the other girls are running at these percentages, I'd like to know what these locals do for a living.

Maybe if you hire on in a developed country, and then they move you there, you could make some good money. $1,000 a month is not going to get you a lot of women - something I would imagine is key to wanting to live in a city like this. Maybe some expats could educate us on this part of the experience.

One O Nine
08-23-05, 23:30
An engineer with no exp could receive $5,000 a MONTH in Kiev, i.e. 60K a year there, as opposed to 50K in the US? Are you absolutely 100% sure?

Some of my Kiev employees are Ph Ds with breathtaking resumes and over 20 years of experience, and none of them are making more than a grand a month. Highly qualified people with less exp are deliriously happy to be making $600. I highly doubt an engineer could get 60K even in Moscow, much less in Kiev.

But in any case, in a city like Kiev you don't have to be rich to get women. Poverty is overwhelming. Not every girl can get a wealthy expat, but they all want a man. A Kiev buddy of mine gets laid like nobody's business, and he barely makes $200 a month. His usual date is buying two beers and drinking them in a park. He's never even been to any night clubs, and doesn't know anything about any Kiev hot spots. His dates are happy, and they're usually no worse looking than anything you can find at gia.

Wanderer1000
08-24-05, 04:11

A mistake in my first post seems to have snowballed into confusion.

A Ukrainian guy with a masters degree in engineering from a U.S. university, with no experience, thought he could get $200 to $500 per month in Kiev. He thought he could get $5,000 per month in the U.S.

That's pretty interesting about your buddy in Kiev. I wonder if the same type of date would go over as well with a 40+ year old Western guy.

Member #1604
08-24-05, 13:06
Dear all,

Could you kindly let us know if it is safe for living or travelling in Kiev?

We will visit Kiev very soon. And we're quite concerned about the safety issue in Kiev.

Please advise.

Thanks

Wanderer1000
08-27-05, 02:57

I spent a total of twenty days in Kiev. I walked the park areas along and across the river during the days, and generally all over the central region of the city. I never felt unsafe. I never had an uncomfortable situation. This is not the city it was seven or more years ago.

Sponsor74
08-28-05, 13:33

A mistake in my first post seems to have snowballed into confusion.

A Ukrainian guy with a masters degree in engineering from a U.S. university, with no experience, thought he could get $200 to $500 per month in Kiev. He thought he could get $5,000 per month in the U.S.

That's pretty interesting about your buddy in Kiev. I wonder if the same type of date would go over as well with a 40+ year old Western guy.According to my information from local people in CZ there in Prague wit montly EUR 500 are very happy IF they get a job!!! outside from Prague even less. SK and Poland is less therefore the firls are willing to get a ticket abrod.

Volpone
08-28-05, 16:54
I was there 2 years ago and I feel very safe, even by night.

Cruiser D
08-29-05, 17:01
i've never had a problem in kiev at all, not even something that could have potentially been a problem. i've walked all over the city center late at night, occasionally a police car will slow down and then speed off - which i'm sure has a lot to do with the safety of the city center at night. i've been to the other side of the river during the day but never had any reason to spend time over there at night. the only problem i've had is that i lost my cool with a beggar once after a particular annoying date - the best course of action is to always completely ignore their existence.

i've heard stories of other's having problems. but they general put themselves in a situation where trouble finding them isn't all that hard.

and i could do without the general public drunkeness.

but remember it is the capital of a country where the standard of living is very low. so kiev attracts the scammers, beggars and others who you generally don't want to interact with.

but to answer your question, as far as i know there is no safety issue in kiev.

dear all,

could you kindly let us know if it is safe for living or travelling in kiev?

we will visit kiev very soon. and we're quite concerned about the safety issue in kiev.

please advise.

thanks

Captain Fire
08-30-05, 11:22
I'm planning on being in city of Vinnitsa mid sept. Does anyone know of any escort service in that city? Appreciate any info from anyone

Ismael
09-09-05, 16:14
There is no need to be worried! Except of the changes in Visa rules there is nothing changed since the Orange revolution. And as a tourist in Ukraine you hardly notice the political situation in Ukraine. I travel to Ukraine every month for more then 4 years. I never noticed any difference! So don’t worry!

Cruiser D
09-10-05, 02:50
I don't think life could get any 'worst' due to corruption in the Ukraine, which is to say I don't think it could possibly get any 'worst' then the corruption that existed before.

A lot of people were jaded about the Orange Revolution while it was going on saying that it is simply replacing eastern style corruption with western. A lot of people also miss the stability of the SU.

Look for the Russian economy to lay and turd and take Ukrainia down with it.

Good side for us - cheap prices again.

From news, it seems the political status is getting worse due "corruption". How is daily life then? I'm very worried about it. Is it possible to happen another so-called "orange revolution"??

Sponsor74
09-10-05, 08:04
I don't think life could get any 'worst' due to corruption in the Ukraine, which is to say I don't think it could possibly get any 'worst' then the corruption that existed before.

A lot of people were jaded about the Orange Revolution while it was going on saying that it is simply replacing eastern style corruption with western. A lot of people also miss the stability of the SU.

Look for the Russian economy to lay and turd and take Ukrainia down with it.

Good side for us - cheap prices again.

Hi, when you say "cheap prices" please advice how much is the current rate now for Pros in Kiev? Thanks

Ismael
09-10-05, 10:27
Current rates for pros

If you call the numbers mentioned in “Whats on” or “Kiev Post” the price are between $ 70 and $ 100 for one hour, between $ 100 and $ 150 for two hours. When you call GIA it will be $ 100 for one hour and $ 120 for two hours. The prices of the other Agencies like Gia are mostly $ 150 for two hours.

The current price in River Palace and ModaBar is between $ 150 and $ 200 for about two hours. But the girls will give you mostly a higher price if you ask for it. So you have to do a good talk :-) The pros hanging around in the other night clubs like 112, Arena, Opium and Pati Pa ask usually more. Their starting price will be about $ 200 for an hour. I think the cheapest is still going to Rest Town. Suck and Fuck for $ 40 or $ 50. But after maximum 40 minutes you’re outside again. So not really relaxing. But it’s your choice. The price for a night starts mostly at $ 300 and goes up. But if you are lucky a girl who you took for two hours will stay the whole night because she has nothing else to do :-)

Bez Bezarra
09-10-05, 16:53
Just keep in mind that when you pay $70 for the hour to the agency,
that the dyevochka only gets to keep $15 or $20 for her "work",
the rest goes to the mamachka.

MarkABC
10-10-05, 12:35
10 days ago the exchange office in the hotel lobby offered 5.05 Hrivnas for 1 US Dollar and 6.13 Hrivnas for 1 Euro.

One month ago it was 5.15 hrivnas for 1 US Dollar and 6.22 Hrivnas for 1 Euros.

So you can expect to receive +/- 500 Hrivnas for 100 US Dollar and +/- 600 Hrivnas for 100 Euros.

I don´t know the rates in banks as I didn´t use bank services.

You can always get cash at the ATM´s available in Kiev streets and hotels as well as cash advance with credit cards at some currency exchange office but I don´t the fee charged for the service.

Ismael
10-14-05, 13:11
Downtown Kiev it will be difficult to find a hotel room for 80 USD. As far as I know Hotel Dnipro costs 90 USD for one night. It’s situated at the beginning of the main street Kreshatik. Near the airport there is Hotel Borispol. I think that the prices starts from 60 USD and up but I’m not sure.

By the way, there is no danger at all to walk in the evening or night on the street in Kiev downtown. I wonder where all these stories come from. There is no risk if you behave normal. Of course when you walk around with your money in your hand and draw every body’s attention to it, you can wait until something happen. But I guess that will happen in the smallest town any ware on this world too.

So don’t worry, especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night there are many people walking on the street going from one nightclub/bar/etc. to another.

Have fun

Doctor_Skank
10-19-05, 11:30
Just FYI, this is the article from the Kiev Post recently... interesting reading...:

"Ukraine arrives as new sex tourists' destination
by Yulianna Vilkos, Kyiv Post Staff Writer
Sep 29 2005, 01:12

Ukraine's young women are increasingly attracting the attention of international sex tourists, who exchange information through Internet sites.

This is the first in a three-part series about Ukraine's status as a sex tourism destination. This part focuses on the men who come to Ukraine seeking women. Part Two, which the Post will publish next week, will cover the women involved.

A short, swarthy man hits the dance floor at Arena, an upscale night club in the center of Kyiv, on a summer night. He moves to the rhythm of the music and smiles encouragingly as he watches female hips gyrate a hand's breadth away.

He spots a pair barely covered by low-rise jeans and moves into position behind the dancing girl. His hands reach out for her hips, and his excitement is now clearly visible. The man presses his body toward the dancer until the girl finally turns around and pushes him away.

But Ibraham, a 35-year-old Argentinean, isn't complaining. During the first five days of his Kyiv trip, he's already slept with three girls - quite an experience, he says.

"My friends back home told me girls here are beautiful and that you can have one for $50-100 per hour, which is a good price for such beauties," says Ibraham. He smells strongly of a sweet scent when he bends over to make himself heard above the deafening music. "And I found it all true; there's so many girls here that you could never have back home," he grins, turning his eyes back to the dance floor.

Meanwhile, a bunch of middle-aged guys crowd the club's two bars – Americans, Europeans, Turks, Asians. Some are sipping their drinks while scanning the crowd; the luckier ones are struggling to make themselves understood in pantomime conversations with long-legged Ukrainian blondes.

Arena's art-director Vitaliy Lytvynenko says it's all normal for a club like Arena, which is centrally located and has a lot of beautiful girls.

"We usually have tough face and dress control, but we do not ask girls at the entrance if they've come to pick up a foreigner or not, or vice versa," Lytvynenko said. "People usually go to night club in search of some kind of relationship," he added.

Sex rising

Ukraine may be far behind Thailand on the list of sex tourists' favorite destinations, but it's moving up. One Internet sex-site administrator says interest in Ukraine has grown along with the country's international profile. It doesn't hurt that U.S. and EU citizens no longer need visas to come here. Oleskandr Melnykov, head of the Kyiv police department bureau responsible for fighting [CodeWord908] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord908), says he worries that the sex business here will only continue to thrive.

His worries are not groundless. According to the State Border Service's statistics, a million more foreigners entered the country during June, July and August of this year than during the same span in 2004. Only a fraction of these are here as sex tourists, of course, but the increased numbers have their effect.

And statistics aside, posts in the Ukrainian sections of Web sites dedicated to sex tourism speak for themselves.

"I am now hooked up on these women," confesses a participant on the Web forum internationalsexguide.com after his summer trip to Kyiv. "The only problem is how to find excuses to spend every vacation in Ukraine."

Experienced sex tourists, like William, a 34-year-old Australian of Asian extraction and a member of the forum, rank the quality and prices of Ukraine's intimate services lower than those of Southeast Asia. But even though William's sex experience in Ukraine was not the best – the "girls spoke little English," he said, the sex was "mechanical," and there was some prejudice toward Asians – he still regrets that he is not subject to the liberalized new visa regime for EU and U.S. citizens.

"I have only visited Ukraine once, and the women are possibly the best-looking Caucasians in the world," William said.

From his first trip to Kyiv this August, William has also learned that "Ukrainian women are more agreeable, dress more revealingly, and are cheaper than Western women."

"Guys from the West can get away with saying and doing things we could never get away with from women in our native countries," he said.

The sex forum is apparently also frequented by ex-pats who live in Kyiv.

A 50-year-old American who has lived in Kyiv for three years and wished to remain anonymous says he contributes to the forum to help travelers get "a true picture of the Ukrainian sex scene."

"There is such a concentration of prime stunning and beautiful talent here, all ready and willing, that you can meet most anywhere, from club and bar pick-ups to prostitutes, for a night or week of pleasure, that massage parlors are just not on my radar screen," the ex-pat told the Web community.

That same ex-pat told the Post that Ukraine is not yet a major destination for sex tourists because it's expensive to get here, sex providers generally don't speak good English, and the tourist infrastructure is still primitive.

Since only a few local ladies speak decent English, linguistically capable ex-pats, like him, "have an obvious advantage in that the choice of ladies increases significantly and the communication of specific needs and desires becomes much easier."

He admits that he sometimes likes to sample "local professionals" and recently had a great time with a Kyiv-based porn actress.

Meanwhile, another traveler, who describes himself as an American businessman in his thirties based in Moscow, fears increased competition from Europeans and other traveling sex tourists. Until now, he says, most people using sex services in Ukraine were foreign men coming here on business trips and local ex-pats.

"But with no visa requirement, just wait for the Italians to invade Ukraine. If you thought Americans were bad, you haven't seen anything yet," he says.

Turkish invasion

If Italians are not here in overwhelming numbers yet, Turkish men have enjoyed vacations in Ukraine for a while.

Suha, 31, boarded a plane from Istanbul to Kyiv this summer, curious to check if all the stories about the beauty and availability of Ukrainian women are true.

"I have a lot of friends who come to Ukraine for girls," confesses Suha. "In fact, all Turkish men come here for the summer."

Suha, who owns an electronics business in Istanbul, is not a newcomer to sex tourism. He is single and is enjoying his freedom by checking out sex scenes in different locations around the world during the holidays. Luckily for him, his business allows him to take as many days off as he likes.

"Usually, I take a month of a holiday a year, and I go to Amsterdam, China, Thailand. I do it mostly in summer time, as I like seeing women's bodies, and not just their eyes," says Suha.

In Amsterdam, girls like group sex, and in China, they do a fabulous massage, Suha says.

Back home in conservative Turkey, Suha says, you can get in trouble when engaging in even an innocent chat with a girl.

"But Ukrainian girls are so much easier to talk to," Suha says.

Turkish women are not the only ones singled out for criticism by sex tourists.

Worldsexarchives.com - another online resource with extensive information on world prostitution - claims that Western women are at least partially to blame for the phenomenon of sex tourism.

"Women in Western countries are spoiled bitches," the site's introduction reads. "Do you know why [an] American woman smiles on her wedding day?" The answer is that "she knows she will not have to" perform any more acts of oral sex.

"But there are many places in the world where women will treat you like a king for a minor fraction of what your Western girlfriend costs," the site goes on.

Not all of us

Some of Kyiv's younger ex-pats, like Briton Joe Field, 31, say they've been innocent victims of the negative perceptions associated with foreign men seeking sex.

"If you look foreign, you are more interesting to girls anywhere in Europe, not just in Ukraine," says Field.

But in Ukraine, Field says, it all comes down to money.

"In Denmark, if a 60-year-old American approached a young girl with a proposition of sex or even marriage, he would hear 'fuck you' in response," says Field. "An 18-year-old Danish girl does not need him or his money in order to have everything she needs or to become everything she wants to become."

But just yesterday, Field recalls, he saw an elderly American in an Internet cafe looking at the photos of young Ukrainian beauties.

"There was a Ukrainian girl sitting next to him, and he would ask her all these cheesy, stupid questions, which he used as an excuse to talk, even though his aim was absolutely clear," said Field. "The girl was very nice to him, and it was unpleasant to see that he thought there was nothing wrong with his behavior," Field said. "

CharlieH
10-20-05, 01:52
Skank,

Thanks for the report, very interesting. I look forward to part 2 and 3.

I hope the heyhay for Ukraine isn't over yet.

Cruiser D
10-20-05, 19:02
Tell the truth skank, did you tap Yulianna for research purposes only? ;) You 30 something Moscow based businessman....

Just FYI, this is the article from the Kiev Post recently... interesting reading...:

"Ukraine arrives as new sex tourists' destination
by Yulianna Vilkos, Kyiv Post Staff Writer
Sep 29 2005, 01:12

"There was a Ukrainian girl sitting next to him, and he would ask her all these cheesy, stupid questions, which he used as an excuse to talk, even though his aim was absolutely clear," said Field. "The girl was very nice to him, and it was unpleasant to see that he thought there was nothing wrong with his behavior," Field said. "

Komah Nomad1
10-31-05, 06:09
I'm going to be coming from Moscow and considering hitting Kharkiv on my way through to Kiev. Can anyone shed any light on the city for me from any standpoint not just the ladies.

Thanks.

KN1

Volpone
10-31-05, 18:49
What kind of informations do you need?
I may perhaps help you. I stayed there a few weeks.
However I will answer to you only next weekend.

Your Dog
11-06-05, 07:19
Can someone comment on the real estate market in Kiev as opposed to maybe Prague? Like comparing the price of a one bedroom between the two cites.

Bez Bezarra
11-06-05, 14:51
Isn't it just a totally amazing coincidence that our writer Yuliana
happens to conveniently omit some interesting facts from her article
that could highly implicate her employer in the very "dark" business
she so vigourously describes with such color and focus?

Such as the fact that every time the very characteristically "short
swarthy strong smelling midlle aged lucky struggling smiling drinking
cheesy unpleasant anonymous international sex tourists" pay $50 to $100
per hour for a "beautiful gyrating long legged available barely covered
prime stunning Ukrainian escort service prostitute", a portion of the
very proceeds from that dirty little transaction finds it way directly
back to the publisher, editor, and staff of the Kiev Post and into the
very salary Yulaina gets paid to write her thrilling expose'.

Yes, how could she have left out the critical information that since that
first ever issue of the glorious Kiev Post, their best advertising customers
have and continue to be the escort agencies that fuel the sex tourism she
writes about. I'm sure it was merely an innocent oversight that she also
forgot that the "worried police department" likely receives regular
financial support/donations from these same escort agencies to allow
them to operate smoothly and without too much interference.

Funny isn't it when one follows the trail of cash, where it always seems
to lead? Could Yuliana herself be the ultimate hyprocrite here, selling
her story on one page about sex tourists while pocketing the very
dollars they bring in and pay to the prostitues who work for the
agencies they advertise on another page of the same newspaper
that pay to the publisher and editor, who pay Yuliana?

Amazing coincidence? Or maybe she just decided that her readers
wouldn't really be interested in those facts, or that they wouldn't
find it unpleasant to know what awaits them on page 33, let's see,
how about this. "Enjoy erotic 18 year old vice pleasure heaven,
naked luring young students with breasts for hot blooded guests
of capital." Maybe Yuliana even writes those ads, and it would
have just been too embarrassing to admit she's also protecting
sex tourism as an important source of the paper's income.

Page 33 hypocrisy.

Himself
11-06-05, 20:44
Bez Bezzara,

I couldn't agree more to you and I was just thinking of the same last week when I flew in from Moscow and I was reading one of the articles in the Kiev Post regarding sex tourists.

It is a kind of double morale having a cover story on a newspaper, which is freely distributed due to the large advertisement part, which mainly is one or the other form of sex service offered to foreigners. Fantastic!

Actually, I have always been smiling of the immigration-landing cards, which were handed out in the plane from Frankfurt to Lvov. The printing of these landing cards where (as in many countries) sponsored by advertising on the backside, but the special thing for Lvov was that a strip club was advertising on the back page in English. I think this is a very official acknowledge of the sex industry in this beautiful country...

By the way, when we are in this corner: A friend of me told me that he thinks the nice long legs that most young ladies in this country is fitted with is related to the radiation they got from Chernobyl.

Take care.

Himself

Isn't is just a totally amazing coincidence that our writer Yuliana just happens to conveniently omit some interesting facts from her article that would highly implicate her employer in the very "dark" business she describes with such focus?

Such as the fact that every time the very characteristically short swarthy strong smelling midlle aged lucky struggling smiling drinking cheesy unpleasant anonymous international sex tourists pay $50 to $100 per hour for a beautiful gyrating long legged available barely covered prime stunning Ukrainian escort service prostitute, a portion of the proceeds from that transaction finds it way directly back to the publisher, editor, and staff of the Kiev Post and into the very salary Yulaina gets paid to write her expose'.

Yes, how could she have left out the critical information that since the very first issue of the glorious Kiev Post, their best advertising customers have and continue to be the escort agencies that fuel the sex tourism she writes about. I'm sure it was merely an innocent oversight that she also forgot that the worried police department likely receives regular financial support/donations from these same agencies to allow them to operate smoothly and without too much interference.

Funny isn't it when one follows the trail of cash, where it always seems lead. Could Yuliana herself be the ultimate hyprocrite here, selling her story on one page about sex tourists while pocketing the very dollars they bring in and pay to the prostitues who work for the agencies they advertise on another page of the same newspaper that pay to the publisher and editor, who pay Yuliana?

Coincidence? Or maybe she just decided that her readers wouldn't be interested, or that they wouldn't find it unpleasant to know what awaits them on page 33, let's see, how about this. "Enjoy erotic pleasure, 18 year old naked luring young vice students with breasts heaven for hot blooded guests of capital." Maybe Yuliana even writes those ads, and it would have just been too embarrassing to admit she's also protecting sex tourism as an important source of the paper's income.

Page 33 hypocrisy.

Slavicgourmet
11-06-05, 23:53
Bezz, congratulations, I would have liked to write you report!

My 2 cents : until recently color advertising for the River Palace ( the most known place for sex-tourists - this remembering for newbies, short-sighted or reader with bad memory ) was made on the official disembarcation cards given to you in the plane by the stewardesses. You had to give to the border police when arriving in Borispol airport.

You had to keep the second part of this card stamped by the police during the length of your stay and give it to the border police on your way out!

Felix Nordic
11-07-05, 23:25
Well....

Toss up a few hundred and this journalist girl would probably have spread her legs as well.

Its also noteworthy that feminism is spreading over the globe. She has most likely read some articles on internet, or from a western news paper, where she got her inspiration.

Bez Bezarra
11-08-05, 02:35
She got her inspiration from Doctur Skink.

(And probably a nasty rash!)

Felix Nordic
11-09-05, 01:39
I dont think she got the inspiration from him.

And I dont read his name, do I?

Doctor_Skank
11-09-05, 10:56
Like any other investigative reporter, Yulianna was looking for a "sensational" topic, trying to compare Ukraine with Thailand, DomRep or other sex tourist destinations. Its not a bad idea considering how many guys go to Ukraine just for pussy, but I think the comparison suffers from a lack of real substance. I doubt the report will create much interest long-term.

Besides that, the "darker" more criminal aspects of prostitution in Ukraine are largely uninfluenced by Western sex tourists and even largely unknown to most of us, including me. I am referring to child prostitution, sex slavery, drug addicts plying the trade etc. In these areas the locals and Ukraine's neighbors are both the kingpins and primary customers.

The kind of sex trade we engage in seems to make "everybody happy." Or do you think RP pros are complaining about their way of life or $200/night paycheck?

Maybe Yulianna is just jealous that a popular RP pro can make more money lying on her back than she can slaving away all night typing away and running spell check on her PC.... :)

As for the Kiev Post, I agree with Bez as well. Quite hypocritical to demonify that which pays the bills... I think the topic will fade from public interest in Ukraine... they have other things to worry about and tourism of any kind is very welcome there.

Bez Bezarra
11-09-05, 14:16
All you need is a passport and balls.

No more yankee visas, one years, five years, any years.

Hey Docky, where's part 2 and 3 of Yuliana's cunny chronicles?

Your Dog
11-10-05, 00:26
The Ukrainian Embassy says Americans are allowed 1 to 5 years when applying for a Multi-entry Visa. Is it up to them to give us what ever or can we specify that we want the five year duration?

Cruiser D
11-10-05, 00:54
First Americans needed a Visa, then around the spring time you didn't need an active visa as long as you had traveled to the Ukraine within 6 months and were not planning on staying over 90 days. Now, as of some time around July, American citizens don't need a visa at all, as long as you don't plan on staying over 90 days.

The Ukrainian Embassy says Americans are allowed 1 to 5 years when applying for a Multi-entry Visa. Is it up to them to give us what ever or can we specify that we want the five year duration?

Cruiser D
11-10-05, 01:03
I think he was joking about the rad bit. Although I do worry about hooking up long term with a 20 something Kiev babe who wants babes.

Increased height based on prior shortness of a race is generally diet derived. ie, Chinese, Japanese...Although I never remember anyone refering to the Slavs in general as short. Such sturdy Viking stock.

Your friend is obviously not only not a scientist, he's a,
well, I don't know, MORON?!

Genetic mutations caused by exposure to radioactive
material would result in, well, mutations! That is,
a variety of DIFFERENT effects and results, not the
same thing. If they were all the same, THEY WOULDN"T
BE MUTANTS!

Increased height is hereditary!

Doctor_Skank
11-10-05, 20:18
Here's the second article from the Kiev Post:

Women tell their side of the sex-tourism story

A Siemens M55 cell phone rings, and a pleasant young woman excuses herself.
“Yes my name is Lola, and yes it’s my real photo,” she answers in her heavily Russian-accented English.
“I do a professional massage and then continue with erotic body massage until you’re completely relaxed. It’s $50 for an hour and 20 minutes,” the woman tells the person on the other end of the line.
She pauses before replying to the next question. “No, I don’t do sex. Sorry, I just don’t.”
For Inna Kasyanenko, 22, this is a common conversation. She owns a small massage agency in Kyiv, which, she claims, does not offer anything beyond erotic body massage. Yet most of the calls that she gets almost every 15 minutes are from foreigners looking for sex.
“People sound very surprised when I tell them we only do massage,” says Kasyanenko, who advertises her services in the Kyiv Post. “They assume it’s the same as escort.”
Kasyanenko says that recently more escort agencies have started hiding their services behind massage ads because of crackdowns from the police.
But when Kasyanenko started her business five months ago and employed five girls who held certificates earned from taking massage courses, she was cautious about not going beyond the law. The most that her girls can do, she says, is help a client relax.
“I did not want to take risks,” explains Kasyanenko. “I may make half of the amount that escort agencies do, but I am happy with it.”
Dirty money
The sex business is risky and illegal in Ukraine, but it’s also profitable, says Kasyanenko.
According to her, the average costs for escort services in Kyiv are $70 per hour, $100 for two hours, and $250 for the night. Services can range from the generally cheaper so-called “bordellos” – private apartments in the city’s center with 20-25 girls to choose from - to “freelance” girls at the city’s night clubs who usually charge twice that price.
On average, Kasyanenko guesses, an owner of an escort agency in Kyiv with five to 10 girls working for her could make up to $10,000 per month. That’s the amount that a senior analyst at an investment bank in Great Britain makes after taxes.
When a Post reporter asked about a job at the Kyiv-based GIA Model Agency, which is one of the most “well-regarded” escort services among the frequenters of the Web forum at internationalsexguide.com, she learned that a girl can make up to $120 a day by taking three one-hour calls.
Considering that an average Ukrainian teacher from the countryside makes that much in a month, the intense competition to become an escort isn’t surprising.
“Lots and lots of girls are ringing in, asking for a job, and competition is fierce,” says the woman who answers the phone at a local escort agency.
The same woman, who wished to stay anonymous, told the Post that nine out of 10 girls who work in her agency come from the provinces, seeking easy money in the capital. For most, escorting is a full-time job.
“On the other hand, turnover of the girls is very high, too,” the woman said. Girls either quit after being treated badly or get kicked out for breaking business rules.
“It’s very difficult to stay completely honest and loyal to your employer when you’re in this business,” the same woman said. Some of the “mistakes” girls make include giving out phone numbers to clients - something that is not allowed in an escort agency - or landing a steady boyfriend. The job can be tougher if the agency’s owner is a difficult person to deal with.
“I think they’re all a bit out of their minds,” said the woman about the people in charge of Kyiv’s sex industry.
DIY
Lyuba, 33, has been a prostitute for six years now. She’s unaffiliated with any agency because she didn’t want to hand over any of her hard-earned money to anybody, and didn’t want to deal with an unpredictable pimp.
“Now, at least, I can pay my bills,” Lyuba says. Her current job can bring her, if she is lucky, $100 a day. But it pays her back in loneliness, disease, and depression, she said. Neither especially pretty nor bad-looking, Lyuba has tired, cynical eyes. “I couldn’t care less for my life now; I just don’t care,” she says.
Lyuba attracts mostly foreign clients through the small ad she runs in the Kyiv Post. She says she wouldn’t dare to work with locals.
“Foreigners, as a rule, treat us more like gentlemen, and Russians and Ukrainian can even be dangerous. You never know what to expect from them,” says Lyuba.
Sometimes, if they get along well, Lyuba shows her foreign clients around the city during the day.
“You’d be surprised, but these foreign men need communication with somebody more than anything else. They sound so lonely,” she says. Her clients are mostly businessmen coming to Ukraine for work reasons.
This summer Lyuba has also gotten more calls from men she identifies as sex tourists. They were just rude, she says.
“One of these men even ordered me: ‘Speak English, please!’ when I answered the call in Russian,” recalls Lyuba, laughing. “He probably thought it was a requirement of my job to speak English.” Lyuba speaks little English, but that doesn’t interfere with her work that much.
The really annoying thing about her job, she says, is that she always has to stay within a kilometer of her house, because she never knows when a client will call.
“My mom wanted me to come home, which is in Ternopil oblast, but I didn’t go,” tells Lyuba. “What if a client called? If I miss one, I may not get the next call in a week’s time.”
In good times, Lyuba says, she gets about 10 clients a month.
For Nataliya, 19, who also works independently, sleeping with foreign men is just a way to make extra money, which, she says, she saves to be able “to move abroad some time in the future.” It’s also a way to meet people whom “I wouldn’t have a chance to meet if I were a teacher,” she says.
While Nataliya has noticed there have been “lots of sex tourists” in Kyiv recently, she says her regular clients are actually expatriates, whose photos she often sees in the pages of the Kyiv Post.
“One day, I will write a book on sex in Kyiv,” Nataliya promises.

Doctor_Skank
11-10-05, 20:19
And the third article:

"Ex-pat bar and club managers weigh in on sex tourism"

For the final part in its series on sex tourism in Ukraine, the Post asked expatriates working in the entertainment industry in Kyiv how sex tourism affects their businesses.

Fabrice Schwarz, France, manager of ModaBar night club.

"You know, men abroad would not pay for visas in order to do sex tourism. But with no visa, you get on a plane and you’re here.
In the West, men’s lives flow within certain limits that they can’t violate. They come to Ukraine and taste freedom, because in general there are not yet such limits here. And if there are, they can be easily violated.
I am not saying we will not be making money from that. We will, just like any other nightclub will. We’ll just not emphasize it…
ModaBar had a reputation as a place where a foreigner could easily pick up a girl. I want to change that image. I don’t want ModaBar to be a *****house. There will always be a need for “working girls,” for sure, but we will limit the number…
To make a client come to your club, you need to have a dance floor full of beautiful young girls. Whether they can be easily picked up or not is not that important. Optical sensation and moderately loud music are what the guests need. But if there is prostitution, and there isn’t this special atmosphere, it’s not a club.
Unfortunately, [in some Kyiv clubs] money dictates the behavior and the club’s policy. "

Ray McRobbie, UK, entertainment manager of River Palace:

"Basically, we have a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory policy regarding our visitors. We let people come in to enjoy themselves – both males and females - whether they want to visit the casino, the sports bar, the night club, or the slots room
[Sex tourism] is a well-documented phenomenon in Thailand and Amsterdam, but I would not mention it in regard to Ukraine. If any sex relations result from visiting River Palace, that comes naturally. A boy meets girl, and a girl meets boy – it’s no different than anywhere else."

Eric Aigner, manager of 112 music club, Art-club 44, and a string of other popular Kyiv bars and restaurants:

"Well, more tourists – any kind of tourists – always have a positive affect on my business. Sex tourists are usually spending a lot. This kind of client supported my business during the summer, although, to be honest, I don’t see that their number is decreasing now. The only thing I don’t like is when some of them declare that all Ukrainian women are prostitutes.
...Earlier this year I hung out with a group of Australians who came to Ukraine for three months to have fun with our girls, because “it was not the season” for that back in Australia…
Sex tourism in Ukraine is growing, but I hope that it will not get to the point where it becomes unpleasant. I would not like Kyiv, for instance, to have prostitutes on its own streets, like many European cities do… Kyiv’s charm would be lost."
The problem is not in Ukraine, it’s in the West. People just cannot communicate easily with the opposite sex anymore. Or maybe it's just not as easy for a middle-aged guy to have sex with a young girl in the West as it is in Ukraine.

Viola Kim, owner of Viola’s Bierstube
I like sex, and I like tourism! [laughs] But I have not encountered sex tourists in my restaurant, as we have a totally different public and atmosphere there, so I cannot really comment on that. From my personal experience, I know that foreign men often think Ukrainian girls are easy to have sex with because of the way they dress or dance and have fun at the discos. What can I say? Ukrainian girls do know how to have fun, and I think it’s great. Besides, many of the Ukrainian women I know are financially independent by the time they are 25; so why can’t they dress or behave the way they want? Cheap girls in Ukraine? I suppose I judge looking at my own social circle, but I do not agree with that statement.

Ozzy, Turkey, manager of Shooters
Whoever comes here, they have one thing on their minds: night clubs and girls. In the year and a half that I have been working at Shooters, I’ve had millions of situations that involved sex tourists. Last September, I had 300 men come from Turkey for girls, and then I also had a group of 50 people from England that wanted to have fun. I meet the people at the airport and they ask me about places to go pick up girls straight away. They give away their business cards to the female customs officers at Boryspil airport. It’s crazy.
But right now at Shooters, I am not letting sex tourists in. I have attracted a very nice and paying local public, and I don’t want to provoke arguments. I’ve had situations when a wife of our Ukrainian guest was dancing with some Turkish guy, while her husband was watching her having fun. She would then return to her husband, and the Turk would start a scandal. As she danced with him, he assumed she would go back to his apartment with him. See, this is a difference in cultures. For us Turkish men, if you smile at us and dance with us, you belong to us. Ukrainian men are more relaxed on this subject.
I do not want anybody to destroy the public I attracted, so we have zero sex tourists at Shooters now. We do have foreign guys at the club, but I know all of them. And I have zero working girls inside as well…
…Let me tell you. I’ve been to Arena, and I am not going there anymore. Because I said “Hi!” and she said “$300.” I said “I never pay for sex,” and she said “Now you have to pay me $20, because you took my time.” And it’s we foreigners who created this whole thing. If there wasn’t demand, there wouldn’t be prostitution."

Himself
11-11-05, 01:02
My comment on the long legs was only black humor, nothing else.

.. but thinking about it might be that the legs looks longer because the shirts are so shorter ;-)

Himself

I think he was joking about the rad bit. Although I do worry about hooking up long term with a 20 something Kiev babe who wants babes.

Increased height based on prior shortness of a race is generally diet derived. ie, Chinese, Japanese...Although I never remember anyone refering to the Slavs in general as short. Such sturdy Viking stock.

Cruiser D
11-11-05, 23:21
Hey Doc, thanks for taking the time to post those articles.

As to the content and relative nature of them..well...blah...

Someone in Kiev is actually worried about the police in regards to p4p sex...umm, yeah, sure ok...

Skunk Nomad
11-12-05, 16:49
Guy,

Being a casual user of girls in Ukraine myself I am a bit uncomfortable with this country HIV rates. It is at 1.4% - on par with Thailand, and 0.4% higher than the one in Russia. According to some dated statistics the most infected areas are Donezk, Odessa and Dnepr regions along with Krym.

I am from Russia and when I go to Asia, especially Thailand I abstain from all kind of sex there (albeit women there I find gorgeous) knowing that 1.5% of country has HIV (and I hear that 40% of prostitutes are infected)

I never consider abstaining from sex in Ukraine, perhaps because I never heard the second statistics about Ukraine but does it make me safer in reality :-)

Bandit7
11-20-05, 12:30
Hello fellow mongers!

I am going to kiev next month 14-18/19 anyone going to be about? Lets get down to business, I need to know where I can rent a decent appartment, only interested in a few minutes walk from independance square, westernized what ever that means. Importantly where I can get a invoice from[expenses]. Do these companies pick you up from the airport? I usually stay at a hotel but natali[great shag] told me last week that if I get a appartment she stay longer[same $]and we can go out on the pull together! I know that these appartments vary in quality so please only decent ones. Hotel adria is girl-friendly, no need to pay security,

Second point has anyone scored with the bar staff in river palace? or the waitress in the sports bar downstairs because every time I go rp I get looks of them like there up for it! appreciate your help, thanks bandit7

CA Traveler
12-20-05, 08:17
bandit... here is the company that I use when I go up to Kiev from Odessa. Owner's name is Alex and he speaks English. However, keep in mind that all Kiev apartment rental companies seem to require a 4 night mininum to make an advance reservation. The reason is that they are fully booked for most of the time so I suggest contacting them ASAP.

I've got a great driver if you need one. Airport transfers are not included in the apartment rates.

Alex's email is: inquiry@kievhotelservice.com
Website is: http://www.kievhotelservice.com/

Once you stay in an apartment that is not "western" standards you will know exactly what it means!

Tell Alex that the guy who used to rent apartments in Moscow and now lives in Odessa suggested you call... It won't do anything special for either of us, but at least it will let him know you have friends in the area. :)

BigthDikth
12-23-05, 20:14
here’s excerpts from an article in the international herald tribune that is good to know. i don't need the drug but wow! it is fun to use. :-)

"viagra is a very expensive product and will be a niche market for pfizer in india.
the company is pricing a single blue, diamond-shaped 50-milligram pill at 463 rupees, or $10.20. at the nath brothers pharmacy in new delhi, ranbaxy laboratories, the biggest indian drug maker, sells its copy, caverta, at 95 rupees for four tablets of the same dosage."

"copies of viagra are made by some of the biggest drug makers in india, including ranbaxy, cipla, sun pharmaceutical industries and cadila healthcare. cipla's drug is sold as silagra for 75 rupees for four 50-milligram tablets, sun's as edegra at 75 rupees, and cadila's as penegra at 85 rupees at nath brothers in new delhi."

i would like to get some cheap viagra knock-off on line or when i am over in the ukraine. anyone know about this?

thanks in advance bd

CA Traveler
12-23-05, 21:52
BD... I've been using cialis and not V, but I'll ask the price options when I am near a Rx... I have a girl arriving at 0600 in the morning for the weekend, so it may be on Monday.

Doctor_Skank
12-23-05, 22:20
Ca_T, you seem to have a rough life... girl arriving at 6 and still not sure where you can get some knockoff Viagra....

...but if she's around for the weekend, make sure its C and not V.... C really is "the weekender", awesome stuff.

Lucky dawg... :)

Envy envy envy...

BigthDikth
12-24-05, 00:57
CT It sounds like you are going to have a very merry Christmas!

CA Traveler
12-24-05, 23:50
doc... BD... Actually, I have a very merry everyday! That is a prerequisite of my life these days! :) Thanks for the support though... As I said, I use C and not V... I'll only check out the knockoff V for the crew.

I actually buy my C in Paris at a discounted price of about $10 per tab. Probably not the greatest price, but at least I know it is real.

Oops... she's out of the shower... better log off.

Merry Christmas to all... AND TO ALL... A GOOD NIGHT! :)

Last Samurai
12-27-05, 03:42
Does anyone know if GSM SIM chips are available to "non-residents" in Kiev?

I know that in Russia, it is technically not allowed, but i always find some vendor to sell me one, with my passport.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Uke Boy
12-27-05, 17:53
This is not Russia.

You can buy GSM cards from any of the local mobile companies or at any store or kiosk that sells them. There are lots of them, many such kiosks are conveniently located in gastronoms (food stores).

No questions about nationality.

You just need the cash. In fact, the mobile companies would want you to buy as many cards as you can afford!

Europe 74
01-13-06, 12:45
Dear Kiev-Experts,

May be the wrong board for this question but here goes. Can I easily get V or C in Kiev without a prescription? Our GP at home is a little too close for comfort to ask (good friends with my wife).

I'm new to the 'enhancers' but am planning a 'night to remember' in April.

Thanks for the help

Europe

Himself
01-13-06, 22:17
Dear Kiev-Experts,

May be the wrong board for this question but here goes. Can I easily get V or C in Kiev without a prescription? Our GP at home is a little too close for comfort to ask (good friends with my wife).

I'm new to the 'enhancers' but am planning a 'night to remember' in April.

Thanks for the help

EuropeIt is availible in any farmacy all over - so no problem.

Himself

Last Samurai
01-14-06, 01:55
When I arrived at Kiev airport, i went to the ATM to get some cash. To my surprise my Bank of America debit card was blocked! I tried another card and it was blocked too!

Luckily i had some cash on hand that i could convert. But it was not enough to pay for the apartment. Luckily the apartment managers were understanding and said that i could pay later.

However trying to get a hold of the bank from the Ukraine was such a pain, and hassle. When i finally got a hold of them, I told them that i travel ALL the time, and this has never happened before. They said that my account was random selected for extra security, and that is why it was blocked.

Well to say the least, i was very pissed off!

To make a long story short, you should tell your bank that you will be traveling to the Ukraine ahead of time to avoid problems.

Europe 74
01-16-06, 09:10
Excellent, let the games begin!!!

Europe74

It is availible in any farmacy all over - so no problem.

Himself

Samu Ray
01-17-06, 02:32
I think "that bank sucks". Same thing happen to me not long ago.

Also, not long ago, money was taken from my account by someone I did not
know. I had been travelling. At that time I did not know I could check my
account on line. People at the bank said..."you should have let us know before sixty days was over..." and looked the other way! yeah, I was completely ignored.

Furiouz
01-19-06, 20:10
Lend me your knowledge, if you please. I'm new to posting, though I have been reading here for 3 months now. I was interested in going to the Ukraine or Poland, I have a close friend in Warsaw, and as an 80s child, all things of the former USSR or "Evil Empire" fascinate me.

A few questions for the vets:

I love big breasts, but alas have never been able to bask in their glory up close. How abundant are large chests in Ukraine? Which is the best EE country to find large-breasted slim girls?

I'm a pretty good looking guy who has no problems attracting women in my home town, Los Angeles. So my main interest is looking for college girls.
Thanks in advance and cheers!

Bandit7
01-22-06, 21:27
Hi!

Anybody stayed at Sherbourne Guest House in Kiev before? They have a link on the gia website. The appartments look good and reasonably cheap compared UA. They must be girl friendly or why link it with Gia. Last night while messing on the net I came across a new web based agency www. Sexkiev. Ru if you type kiev escorts in on google they are a sponsored link. 60$ 1 hour 40$ every hour after that 250$a night incudes owo, anal french kissing. Their telephone number 00380 96 363 2727. Girls look 5-7 on my scale! They obsviously pitching below gia but above the crap in the kiev post well worth someone having a go. Will be in Kiev 14-19 feb if anyone interested in having a wingman one night! sorry to see moaning about river palace (I love the place) some 6-7 quoted me 300$long time! I just chuckled and moved on ten seconds later she tells me she will throw her mate in for 300$ as well but my max is 200$ and I believe bhe went home empty handed. Very hard on a Saturday night down there to get reasonably priced p4p! Keep yourselves warm.

Bandit7

Puckk
01-24-06, 20:35
Thanks for pointing this out, Bandit7 - this is the website for the Kiev agency/apartment at 1 Leontovychna that someone mentioned on the Kiev thread. I had one good and one pretty bad experience there, I think it's worth dropping by to see who's there - if you visit at 6 or 7 pm there will be the widest choice. I recognize at least three of the girls on the site from my times at the apartment, so I think you can be confident that the pictures for each girl are real. But watch out for Ksenia - she looks better in the flesh than in those photos, but I doubt anyone will have much fun with her! Also, not every girl will do owo, kissing etc - neither of the girls I was with did.

Certainlee
01-27-06, 04:05
Gents,

This is my first report so, in the ISG spirit of paying you guys back for all those man-years spent report-writing and bed-wrecking , I hope to return the favor and I hope you find this info from today's "Financial Times" helpful:

Delta Airlines will launch flights between New York and Kiev next summer. The airline plans to operate 5 round trips a week starting June 5, 2006. Eastbound services will leave JFK at 5:40pm arriving in Kiev at 10:25am the next day.

Westbound flights will depart at 12:35 pm and arrive in New York at 4pm the same day.

Live a Good Life, Without Regret, and Die With a Smile on Your Face!

Bez Bezarra
01-30-06, 04:51
How much are the fares?

Barmer67
01-30-06, 13:39
Puckk,

So which girls would you recommend from the www.sexkiev.ru site?

Puckk
01-30-06, 23:21
Barmer67,

I only visited the apartment twice, and the girl I had a good time with is not on the website. I think that there are more girls working there than are shown on the site. Sorry that I can't help you more. I would say that the atmosphere there wasn't at all pushy so you should feel relaxed about dropping in just to see who's there, but I know this doesn't help if you're trying to figure out what the girls will be like once you've got them home.

Ismael
01-31-06, 10:17
Hi all!
Can anyone tell me what the service "cunniling" means? I did not find it in the abbreviations and my English is not that well ;-)

Further I would like to know if anyone knows if one of the girls on the site is in for anal?

Cheers
Ismael

Doctor_Skank
01-31-06, 10:36
Cunniling means cunninlingus, DATY, eating a girl out, muff diving, licking pussy... minet.

Bez Bezarra
01-31-06, 13:46
$472 is pretty fucking good r/t fare!

anybody got experience with aeroshit? i mean on the
jfk-kbp or kbp-jfk flights? that's non-stop, right?

the fares have been 2x that for the last five years, but
that includes $200 just to get to jfk, or even more to avoid ny
altogether by crossing and changing in amsterdam or frankfurt.
dragging your bags around jfk and their total piece of shit
no a/c terminal buses has to be one of the most uncomfortable
way to cross to europe ever conceived. but now that delta will be
available, they could check a bag from an original destination
and eliminate the bag-drag-bus hassle.

by the way, klm and lufthansa aren't that bad going
over, but they both suck coming back because the
flights are always completely packed so you feel like a
fucking sardine, and have to wait 20 minutes every time
you have to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134). so for the double price, its a no quality
rip off.

anybody know what the delta fares will be?

Cruiser D
01-31-06, 15:50
Aerosvit has usually always offered the best deal to the Ukraine. The also generally offer very attractive package deals from other major US airports. But they fly 15-20 year old Boeings that come off of lease from Major airlines...and I dunno, I'm kinda fond of my luggage and what is inside it. ;) I am sure the FA's are hot (imagine the catfights for going to NYC) and the service is horrible. It's been a decade since I flew thru JFK - domestic carriers won't check your luggage thru to international flights? Or is it a 9/11 thing?

If I have to recheck my luggage then I am going to continue avoiding JFK - otherwise Delta might be a good option.

Why is it flights are always light going to Europe and packed coming back? Everyone wants to live the American dream? ;)

$472 is pretty fucking good fare!

Anybody got experience with Aeroshit? I mean on the
JFK-KBP or KBP-JFK flights? That's non-stop, right?

(stuff deleted)

Anybody know what the Delta fares will be?

Uke Boy
01-31-06, 22:30
Bez and Cruiser,

I have had the misfortune to fly Aerosvit more than a few times. A typical Ukrainian experience which is why I now try almost anything else!

They do offer the best deals, that is true. And their long haul planes such as to the USA and elsewhere are fairly new 767s. Most of their fleet, in fact is fairly new Crusier. You are confusing Aerosvit with Ukraine International which has the old and rickety 737s for the mostly European flights.

Aerosvit services simply stinks, it does not exist like concept of "Ukrainian service."

They pour you a glass of wine into a plastic cup once (no small bottles to hand out). They throw a half cold meal at you, gather it all up and the staff then completely disappear for the rest of the flight. The next time you see them, they are running past you to customs and immigration so that they can live it up in new York. The staff is lovely to look at but they all have serious attitude problems. They all need a good ass fucking!

The planes are full in both directions, with mostly Ukrainians. You may get lucky and sit next to a local lovely but more than likely with a babushka visiting relatives. And making reservations is a pain since I have had to wait two weeks or longer in summer to book a seat. They are like hen's teeth during peak seasons because of the price. With Delta also in the market, it should make things easier and may wake Aeroshit up into improving services but I doubt it. Ukrainians will still do shit little in this area of services.

The service is not that much better in business class but you do pay for the privilege, about $1500 RT.

By the way flights to KBP are now almost always packed no matter the departure airport.

Buck Naked
02-01-06, 03:08
Can anyone comment about renting a car on Kiev? I want to drive it to Odessa.

I'd prefer flying to Kiev instead of Odessa in order to avoid the overnight stay in Vienna on the return leg, and I thought it would be nice to have a car in Odessa to get around to clubs and stuff.

Alphamale
02-01-06, 04:46
I have to agree with UkeBoy on Aerosvit for the most part. I flew with them from Bangkok to Kiev late last year and the plane was not the best, the interior at least. The attendents were non existent after the meal and it was full, but what else do you expect on a cheap holiday flight?

The main thing was that it got me there in one piece with my luggage and was cheap, much cheaper than the rest flying from Bangkok:))

Oh the cabin attendents were not that good looking on my flight which was a bit dissappointing but the nice tanned girls going back to Kiev were:)

Bez Bezarra
02-01-06, 12:54
Wait a minute!

Am I a total fucking idiot?

Yes, I think so. In fact, I'm sure!

When budwiser said $472 Kiev to NYC, he means
ONE FUCKING WAY! That's not for r/t, right? DOH!

That's no deal, that's about the same as anywhere else.

Jeez, I'm sorry I started this whole stupid fuckin thing.

Uke Boy
02-01-06, 13:23
Bez, I just went online with Aeroshit.

I made an inquiry and if I left JFK on Sunday February 5 and returned to JFK on Sunday February 12, the lowest airfare for this ROUNDTRIP is $544. There are two other slightly higher fares with fewer restrictions in economy and a $1830 RT business class.

If I returned on February 26, I would pay $484 for economy and $1770 in business.

Aeroshit's fares are RT when quoted and they are the lowest. Service is also the lowest but you do get what you pay for here.

Furiouz
02-01-06, 18:19
Gentlemen:

Please check out this site. I have found RT airfares at very reasonable rates.

http://www.consolidatorflightengine.com/

You can thank me by sending me pics of slim large breasted women. =) Or better yet, hook a brotha up!!!

Cheers!

F

Bez Bezarra
02-02-06, 13:19
All righty then.

Round trip it is.

Two things still don't make sense though.

1. Delta is WORSE than Aeroshit?

2. Wisenheimerbud- you're in Ivono-Frankov'sk?
Why the hell aren't you posting some monger
photos of sponsor university students? Come on
and get with the program!

Goldfinger
02-02-06, 15:01
DO Aerosvit offer reasonable single fares internationally? Do you need a return to get past immigration?

Buzz00
02-02-06, 20:22
Bez help yourself :

http://www.aerosvit.ua/eng

Cheers

Bez Bezarra
02-03-06, 00:15
I called Delta, they are running special introductory
rates but only for their first month in June, about $650,
limited seats of course.

After that, they said it goes up anywhere from $1000
to $1800. Total crap! They can stick it up their asses!

Who needs this shit? You might as well walk or swim for it.

Cruiser D
02-03-06, 13:33
I did a random sampling on Delta.com for pricing in July and Sept and their prices were around what you mentioned. Doesn't make much sense for me when I can fly BA out of BOS for 650-850.

Aren't too many high rollers going to KBP. They will either drop their prices to be competitive or they will drop the flights.

I called Delta, they are running special introductory
rates but only for their first month in June, about $650,
limited seats of course.

After that, they said it goes up anywhere from $1000
to $1800. Total crap! They can stick it up their asses!

Who needs this shit? You might as well walk or swim for it.

Himself
02-05-06, 01:05
Found some links which might be of interest:

http://prostitutki.com.ua/ (some girls (good looking and seems to be true photos) claims 250 USD/night)

http://www.uaescort.com/ (well known I guess)

http://www.intimplaza.org/index.php?Lev=girls

http://love.optima.ua/

http://bagira.net.ua/fot_sal/

http://www.odessa-x.com/ (more links)

http://www.paco.net/~mefodij/massaje/index.htm

I am aware that to benifit from the above you need to have a minimum knowledge of Russian. (if this is not the case then this link could be of help to zyou: http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr)

take care
Himself

Himself
02-05-06, 01:11
This forum in Russian could also be helpful.

http://www.erohot.com.ua/forum/

(I hope that it is not against the rules to post this link, as I assume that this is not a competing forum)

hs

BartonJunk
02-05-06, 01:36
Hey guys, here's some general info on Kiev.

I got in and had asked for Edem Club to arrange for an airport pickup and an apt in the city. The driver was there, but didn't speak too much English. I had also asked for a cell phone rental, but was told that it wouldn't be possible. So I bought myself a cheapo cellphone, SIM card and some airtime at the airport itself. Later I found out that a cell phone could indeed be rented for a couple of bucks a day.

Got some money changed at the airport, but later found out that the rates in the city were better.

When my driver got to the apt, we just sat in the car waiting for the lady from Edem Club to show up. She finally did and told me that the apt was having problems with heat. So I asked her to take me to another apt. We drove closeby to another apt. Again stood there waiting, this time close to an hour. At this point, the lady asked me to get out of the cab,pay the cabdriver and go into a nearby building where she said they have an office. I thought this was strange, but had no choice, and the lady was kinda rude. Apparently the cleaning lady had taken the keys with her, and was not to be found.

So I went and sat down in the office, this happened to be the office of Olga Apts. Eventually, the keys were found and I made it to the apt. They charged me $60 per night including broadband internet connection (worth $5). I found them to be very professional, their managers spoke english, and even gave me on the phone help with using the broadband connection. You can find em at www.Apartment-kiev.com.

General Safety: The streets are not always well lit, so it seems a bit scary, and some of the apts are reached by going into the courtyard of a building, almost always quite dark at night. I didn't have any problems, but if someone wanted to mug ya, they'd have plenty of opportunity. The building main doors are not always locked either, so someone could just follow you in, or get in there and hide waiting for someone to show up. Don't wanna sound paranoid, but if you're used to the US, this would seem a bit scary. All the signs are in Russian/Ukrainian, so it is difficult to even tell which street you're even on. The best advice is to stay close to the major roads which are well lit, so choose your apt not too far away from a major well lit street.
I was also approached a couple of times by people asking for change for larger denomination notes. I was told by CruiserD that this was sometimes a scam with counterfeit notes.

Taxis: Normal taxis quote ridiculous rates -- I asked for a cab to take me from Maidan to Arena City and they quoted between 30 and 50 Hrivna. And I could even see the Arena City sign from where I was standing and offered 10 Hrivna (the right rate) but they didn't budge. Best option is to just flag a regular vehicle, driven by a local, who will stop and charge you more normal rates.

CA Traveler
02-05-06, 02:48
goldf... No, you won't need to show your return and yes Aerosvit does offer one-way fares, but they are slightly more expensive than 1/2 of a R/T. I'm flying them one-way next week just because I need to go straight into Kiev instead of connecting.

Dant75
02-05-06, 03:25
Found some links which might be of interest:

http://prostitutki.com.ua/ (some girls (good looking and seems to be true photos) claims 250 USD/night)

http://www.uaescort.com/ (well known I guess)

Don't trust photos unless you see the real girl.

Natasha from Prostitutki : http://prostitutki.com.ua/girls/7/2
Zdenka Podkapova : http://www.sexy-zdenka.net/galleries.php?gall=7 (set #14)

Vika from Prostitutki : http://prostitutki.com.ua/girls/5/2
Alison Angel : http://www.yourdirtymind.com/alison-angel.html (4th row)

Vika (http://prostitutki.com.ua/girls/6) and Nika (http://prostitutki.com.ua/girls/9) seem also fake but I don't recognize the girls. Other photos look real but they can have been stolen from other pros.

UAEscort :
Lora (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1670) = Eve Angel (http://www.modelshrines.com/models/e/evie-d.shtml)
Elena (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1664) = a girl from Met-Art (http://www.met-art.com/), don't remember the name and too lazy to find her photo, but I am quite sure about it
Vera (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1711) = Chloe Anderson (http://www.viewpornstars.com/otherphotographers-chloe-anderson.html)
Renata (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1710) = Zdenka Podkapova (http://www.sexy-zdenka.com/) (again !)
Svetlana (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1656) = Tawny Roberts (http://www.tawnyroberts.com/)
Natali (http://www.uaescort.com/ads/index.php?ct=kiev&md=details&id=1655) = Penny Flame (http://www.sportyone.com/servlets/firebolt?object=21565)

Volpone
02-05-06, 14:21
One of the best website to get infos about Kiev and other cities in Ukraine is
the forum of

www.kiev-x.com

Then you click on the forum.

The problem is that they don't accept new member now....

DownUnder
02-27-06, 15:28
I tried doing a search but couldn't get all the answers I need as I seriously considering traveling to Kiev.

1) Do Canadian citizens need a visa to visit Ukraine ??

2) How is the how the service, pricing, etc of Aerosvit, their national airline ??

3) Can I get by only knowing English and not any Russian in Kiev ??

Volpone
02-27-06, 18:01
Hello Downunder,

Yes with English you can call many escort services and you can speak English. Furthermore many girls can understand and even speak English.

I have never triet Aerosvit, so I don't know about the service, but that's quite cheap to fly with them.
You can also use buses like www.autolux.com and you can make your reservation in English on the website.

MarkABC
02-27-06, 18:52
President's decree #1134 / 2005

On introduction of the visa free regime for the citizens of Canada.

On 26 July 2005 the President of Ukraine signed the Decree No. 1134/2005 "On the Establishment of Visa-Free Regime for Citizens of Canada".

According to the mentioned Decree, starting August 1, 2005 visas are not required for the Canadian citizens who enter Ukraine or transit through its territory for the period of up to 90 days with a valid Canadian passport.

For the Canadian citizens who enter Ukraine with the purpose of employment, permanent residency, study and work at the diplomatic missions of Canada in Ukraine or with any other purpose if they are going to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days, visas are required.

The above-mentioned decree was adopted with the aim of deepening bilateral contacts between Ukraine and Canada in all spheres, widening of foreign investments to the economy of Ukraine, development of the international tourism.

CA Traveler
02-28-06, 10:37
Downunder... just to confirm...

If you are from one of the following countries, not all but most important ones, you do not need a visa for Ukraine for stays of up to 90 days.

USA, Canada, Japan, EU, UK, Switzerland.

You can easily get by in Kiev with only English. Slightly more difficult in other cities but still very possible without too much concern.

Aerosvit is OK... I've flown them within Ukraine many times and from NYC once. Service is OK but as good or better than many RU air carriers, but not as good as most European or even USA carriers.

Your Dog
04-13-06, 16:30
Hello, are there Moldova girls in Odessa and if yes, where can we find them? Thanks.

Doctor_Skank
04-13-06, 16:54
You'll recognize them, they are the ones with the big "M" painted on their forehead.

Your Dog
04-14-06, 03:54
Odessa,odessa,i need another vacation.

Delgado
04-20-06, 22:33
When i visited ukraine first time last year in spring i needed health insurance to get the visa. Is insurance still required, now that you don´t need a visa anymore as a EU-citizen? My insurance will expire end of april, but nobody at the airport ever asked for any insurance-documents during my last visits, so i was wondering if they simply don´t always check or if it´s not required anymore.

CA Traveler
04-21-06, 06:39
as, I don't think insurance is required any more, but it is available and is cheap. I've only been asked once at a train border crossing and I said I already had insurance and they went away.

Delgado
04-21-06, 12:45
as, I don't think insurance is required any more, but it is available and is cheap. I've only been asked once at a train border crossing and I said I already had insurance and they went away.

You´re right, it´s cheap, i think i paid about 30 euros for one year. But i already have a special insurance for travelling which only costs 10 euros per year and covers all countries, although this insurance company is not one of the two or three companies accepted by the ukraine embassy.

CA Traveler
05-01-06, 10:18
One of the common questions that I see on both Russia and Ukraine threads is whether to book a hotel or an apartment when you visit Odessa, Moscow, Kiev, St. Petersburg, et. al. In my opinion, apartment living is really the only way to enjoy the Former Soviet Union, FSU, without being subjected to high hotel rates, sometimes poor service and a possible lack of privacy that most Western travelers find unacceptable.

Over the years, much has been written about the advantages and disadvantages of apartment and hotel accommodations in the former Soviet Union (FSU), but little has been written about what to look for in an apartment…

Over the last three years in Moscow and Odessa operating an apartment rental business and several years before traveling in the FSU, I have visited at least 300 apartments either as a guest or a potential tenant. In that time, I have formed many opinions and tried to solve them with my apartment rental company. BUT, what I have just realized is that the average traveler, especially one who has never traveled to the FSU, may not understand the significance of some of the more important, for the FSU, features of a true Western/European-style apartment with the owner/operator from either Europe or the USA.

This primer is based on my observations and may not be complete, but it may help you begin to understand the significance and important questions to ask the person who you are considering renting an apartment from in Ukraine or Russia…

For the average traveler to the FSU, their first contact with a company who rents apartments or with the apartment itself is from viewing photos on the internet. Typically the person likes some feature about the company and/or the apartment. However, the first thing that you should know is that what is inside of the four walls that comprise the apartment should only be one of your concerns and no matter how beautiful the apartment is there are many other factors which will all combine to make your stay either comfortable and enjoyable or… a long nightmare!

Your first “real” view of the apartment building may come when you arrive after your long trip to Russia or Ukraine. When you realize that you are going live in “that” building, and hopefully to bring guests to it, because of your exhaustion you may find yourself in denial. You remember that the photos of the interior of the apartment are nice and everything appears so… so organized! Yet, now you look at the building and you see make-shift structures on the side of your building and others nearby… Laundry is hanging out the windows… Balconies look like they will fall if a fly lands and squats for more than a second… You find yourself asking yourself… HOW CAN THIS BE?

To begin, most apartments in Ukraine and Russia were present during the Soviet Union which means that many of the other building residents probably lived in their nearby apartments for years or decades before you arrive. One of the offshoots of this reality is that during Soviet times; NO ONE cared about the common areas of the building or around the building.

This means that the outside of the building, the entrance, stairways, elevators and halls will have most likely endured decades of abuse by both residents and non-residents. This abuse will include trash, graffiti, broken rails/steps, lack of lighting, non-functional elevators, foul odors, dogs and cats and other unexplained ominous conditions… just to name a few.

This situation may be first apparent when you see the entry door to the building. The entry doors to the majority of FSU buildings are in the rear or in a courtyard which can be more isolated than a front entry. The actual entry door will probably be designed to be “secure” or coded, but what does this mean to you?

When you first arrive, you may find the “secure” door wide open or the “secret” code well worn on the numbers so that it takes a local, resident or not, about 5 milliseconds to open the secure door because they know the technique… However, when you arrive home from the market on the first day or late at night with your bride for the night or after attempting to corner the market on vodka at the nearest watering hole, it will take you several minutes, which can seem like hours, and may require a call for help, which is OK… as long as they speak English!

You may ask… Is it really that bad? No, it can get worse, once you get into the building, you may find that it is totally dark, even in the day time! So once in, you may be faced with transiting the strange stairs and halls without light and then inserting your key into the keyhole… all by feel!

However, as bad as the building entry, stairs, elevator, and hall are, you may be surprised at how nice the apartment is… IF it has been remodeled to Western or European-quality standards. Otherwise, you may find a Soviet-style apartment that has been cleaned up, hopefully, and is functional and, hopefully, comfortable. One thing that is common to every Soviet-style apartment, and many newly remodeled apartments as well, is the lack-of screens on the windows! This is not a problem when the snow is flying, but in the other three seasons, if you want some fresh air you will soon find that you are on the day’s menu for every mosquito and biting fly in the nearby oblast! Now you may say that you can easily get by with the window closed… Easy to say when you are sitting at home making reservations, but difficult to achieve when the babushka downstairs or down the hall begins making her daily ration of cabbage soup or begins her regimen of seasonal pickling of various root vegetables!

NO… It can’t be that bad… Can it? No, it can get worse! You’ll soon find that the apartment owner either has not spent the money or did not consider it important to set the apartment up for the constant nemesis of shortages in the FSU… Whether it is water pressure, water supply, no hot water, no water, no heat, no air conditioning, no internet, no washing machine, no toaster, no microwave, no long distance telephone calls, just to name a few of the more common challenges.

Of course, EVERY apartment is open to any problem, but the most frustrating thing is when you call the apartment service you used to rent the apartment only to find that they have to contact the local landlord and ask… WHY? WHEN? WHY SO LONG? I thought YOU were the owner?

All of this time, you are the one suffering when you have NO water… NO hot water… NO water pressure, etc. etc. etc. While it may not seem important when you book, it may become the focal point of your “vacation” when you find you must endure a cold shower just when your hormones and, more importantly, your bride for the night’s hormones are raging and juices are flowing… UNTIL THAT COLD SHOWER SHOCKS EVERYONE BACK TO REALITY!

I know… but it can’t be that bad… Can it??? No, it can still get worse! You see, the apartment service may be the nicest people on earth, BUT if they do not own the apartment, they have to deal with and through the local Russian/Ukrainian landlord who will not see any urgency in a situation that they have had to deal with since they were in swaddling clothes! In fact, any Ukrainian or Russian landlord OR apartment rental company operated by Russians or Ukrainians, even if they have lived in the west, will have a different attitude towards solving your problems in the apartment than you are used to in the West because they understand that THIS IS A FACT OF LIFE in the FSU and is viewed as normal and not an emergency.

The only time I have seen Russian or Ukrainian landlords or apartment providers respond immediately to ANYTHING, is if something is flooding because they know they are libel IF damage is caused to a neighbor’s downstairs apartment!

In reality, this can still be a problem even if the apartment service owns the apartment IF they do not have personnel on staff to deal with these problems, i.e. electricians, plumbers, handyman, because they must still call and get a local service man to recognize the sense of urgency that you feel to solve the problem.

Of course, many times it is not the major problem that really tips you over the edge… It is the small things that a Westerner takes for granted when they check into new accommodations while traveling. Little things like…
paper towels… a fresh bar of soap, in a wrapper… a cork screw… multiple rolls of toilet paper… a toaster… a hair dryer… a personal safe… trash cans... just to name a few!

BUT, my biggest frustration in all of my times renting apartments before I got in the apartment rental business, is the bed linen! It seems that Ukrainian and Russian landlords tend to buy the cheapest sheets that are available, which equates to the smallest! Combine that with the fact that fitted sheets are either not available or not used by locals and all of a sudden you have the “Perfect Storm”! I’ve actually had the apartment providers lay a sheet on the mattress, the bare mattress without a mattress cover or pad! If you can visualize the bottom sheet laying on top of the mattress… the edge of the mattress is actually framing the sheet since the sheet is too small to even attempt to tuck in. BUT, even if the sheet can be tucked in, it is usually so small that after you are in bed, if you make any move other than scratching your nose twice, you’ll soon wake up sleeping on at least part of the bare mattress. In my mind, that is when the nightmares really start because if you are on the bare mattress, WHO ELSE has been on the same bare mattress AND doing what???? People… This is not my definition of SAFE SEX!!!

SO… What do you do and how do you as a first-time visitor to Ukraine/Russia help prevent this from happening to you?

I have prepared a list of questions that you may want to ask your potential apartment provider if it is not covered on the website:

1. Where is the apartment located? Is the area safe? How far is the nearest market? How far from public transportation.

2. What is the front entry door on the building like? What is security like? What is the building like?

3. How much does the airport transfer cost? To? From?

4. Who owns this apartment? Is the owner local in the area? What nationality is the owner? Does he speak English? Will you provide me the phone number of the owner?

5. What happens if I should cancel the reservation after I make a deposit? Are your terms and conditions of rental published on your website? What if I have to depart early? May I use my credit card to pay the deposit? To pay the full bill upon arrival? Do you have your own merchant account or must I use PayPal? I’ve been told PayPal is not accessible in Ukraine or Russia for credit cards issued in the USA/Europe/Canada… is this true?

6. Do you use city central service heat? Hot water? Will the heat/hot water/water be shut off at anytime during my stay? What will you do if it is? Does the apartment have its own boiler for hot water? Heat? Can I control the heat in the apartment myself? Can I control the hot water in the apartment myself?

7. Does the apartment have a back-up water supply? What is the situation with the water pressure? Do you have a pump in the apartment to supplement the water pressure? What happens if the water is shut off?

8. Who do I call if something breaks in the apartment? How long is a typical response? Do you have workmen on the payroll yourself? What kind of workman?

9. Are there lights in the building hallway? What happens if the lights are out in the building stairs/halls?

10. Are there animals on the floor of the apartment? Do the hallways smell? Is the entrance door kept open or is it always locked and secure?

11. Is there an air conditioner? How often do you clean the A/C filters? Are there screens on the windows?

12. Do the bottom sheets fit the bed? Are they fitted sheets? Do the mattresses have mattress pads?

13. Is the apartment equipped with…

a. Paper towels
b. Toilet paper
c. Waste baskets
d. Towels… how many? Can I get extra towels?
e. Laundry soap
f. Bath soap
g. A personal safe
h. Toaster
i. Coffee maker
j. Microwave oven
k. Washing machine

14. If I have a problem, who do I call? 24 hours every day?

These questions and answers may help you to weed out the undesirable locations, apartments, landlords, or apartment service providers. Many of the questions have answers that only you will know the answer because it may or may not be important to you, but many of them have set answers that should be an immediate red flag. For instance, unless an apartment provider has published terms and conditions, you are virtually assured that once they have your deposit, you will never see it again. Of course, sometimes they even tell you that up front!

In addition, if the apartment uses city central heat and hot water, but does not have an individual boiler and a backup water supply, you could find yourself without hot water during the warmer months or without water at any time. Of course, even a back-up water supply will only last so long, but at least it will help smooth out the short outages that are so common in the FSU.

The other really bad situation for you is when you’ve done your homework and booked an apartment only to arrive and find that you are in a totally different apartment. Now, please understand that this is sometimes unavoidable because bad things sometimes happen and an apartment has to be taken out of service or if it is not owned by the apartment rental company, the landlord decides to rent it to someone else. In this case, you must have a comfort level with the integrity of the apartment rental company to be secure that they will put you into an apartment that is of equal or higher standard than the one that you booked.

The last point I will emphasize is that throughout this I mention the nationality of the owner of the apartment service rental company or the landlord. This is not to imply that the person who is not American or European is a bad person, but rather that there could be communication problems along the way if the person does not speak English as well as they speak Russian or Ukrainian. The person may be a very nice person, but they just do not understand and have difficulty communicating or understanding the situation. At the same time, it can be difficult for someone to understand a high-level of customer service if they have either never experienced it and therefore have no role model for its use or they just see no need for customer service in the first place… after all “THIS” is how it has been done in Russia/Ukraine for the past century!

One last caution… Testimonial letters on apartment rental companies are probably one of the most abused things on the Internet. I laugh when I see my competitors with perfectly written letters supposedly written by their guests and I see the same phrases used that are used in the website pages and with the same words misspelled! I understand that it can be tempting to put in letters from your friends and/or to clean up the letters so that they are perfect and say just what you want them to say! BUT, it doesn’t necessarily give the reader an honest opinion of the service and quality of what is being delivered. On top of this, it is very, very unusual for a testimonial to be “perfect”. Normally it is hastily written and grammatical and spelling errors are common, but in my opinion, that makes them real! For that reason, I make sure that the testimonials that go on our website go on with all of the “warts” exposed. If the guest misspelled a word, it stays, if the letter is both positive and negative, you will see it all. Only the personal items relevant to that particular guest’s information may be edited out.

Now, all of that said, I want to emphasize that renting an apartment is the ONLY way to go in Ukraine and Russia… It is more cost effective, more private, and can be more satisfying and comfortable IF you do your homework. For the most part, apartment rental companies that I have worked with are OK people… they are not out to cheat you, but rather they just don’t have the same standards that you are used to and this may be reflected in their properties, their service and their actions… THIS IS YOUR CHALLENGE!

CA Traveler
05-05-06, 20:14
Discovered a couple of things over the past few days...

1. Delta's new flight from JFK offers some real cost savings to Kiev. I found June R/T fares from $787, all inclusive. Mostly fares were $837 or $887, but still reasonable.
2. Booked a flight with a travel agent for a friend coming from Kiev to Odessa in July and back in August, R/T fare was $110 in total! This compares to the old web fares of $170 R/T... so much for direct booking to save money. BUT, Aerosvit's on-line booking, at least to and from ODS, has been down for the last month or so... maybe that is why!
3. I have to make a return to the States for a quick trip, but for varoius reasons I had to book a one-way fare. The Aerosvit webpage only offered one-way if in biz class... $1,500 PLUS taxes/fees. When I called them directly they offered a $1,064 all inclusive biz class fare. Another example that the Aerosvit website is not the best way to go.

I suggest either calling a travel agent to book your Aerosvit flights or spring for the int'l call and call Aerosvit directly in Kiev and have them book it. They can set it up to be ticketed when you arrive in Kiev if you plan to continue to Odessa or another city, but you 'll have the reservation in any case. FYI, do not expect to get a same day reservation/flight from Kiev to ODS in July or August. They will be booked both ways!

Uke Boy
05-06-06, 05:06
Aeroshit and Dullta

CAT,

You are right about Aeroshit and its prices. It is useless to use the website. I have tried calling the Kiev office all too many times and have only rarely spoken to someone when the phone was not busy or when it was even answered. This is a standard practice of local "service" companies to not answer the phone or just hang up on the caller and Aeroshit is no exception. If you try this from Europe or the USA, you will be in for a long wait to get through.

I have also tried calling the Aeroshit USA offices. The only problem there is that the people who work there are even more stupid and incompetent than the crew in Kiev! This is one thoroughly screwed up company when it comes to customer "service."

The only real way to get a cheap fare is to show up at their offices on Krasnoarmeiska. They only respond to actual face to face human contact. All other forms of so-called communication do not exist for them.

I suspect they will still be cheaper than Delta. I do hope that most Westerners will fly Dullta and then make it easier for me and others here to book a cheap flight on Aeroshit. Dullta will try and rip-off each and every passenger they can to make up for their losses.

CAT is right about one thing. If you do not book a flight for ODS or Crimea now (and the same applies to trains) forget about it if you try and do it from about Mid-June onwards (and perhaps even sooner). Your only choices then are to go to Kiev or stay home.

CA Traveler
05-06-06, 06:29
UB, guess I got lucky on their phone service... I got right thru and spoke to a young girl who spoke English, at least enough to make the reservation and get her points across.

In my case, I don't have much choice because I must have a non-stop flight to the USA and Delta couldn't help me. I've flown Aerosvit once from the USA and it's not much to speak about, at least positively, but I can keep myself busy for 9 hours doing about anything.

Uke Boy
05-06-06, 13:13
CAT, did you call a local Odessa number or the Kiev number?

If it was the Kiev number, my congratulations! That number seems to be constantly busy or "overloaded" as can be the case in some popular numbers.

Bez Bezarra
05-06-06, 13:18
A shit and Dull CAT,

You are shit and useless to the website.

I rarely have sex try this from the USA, you will be in for a long wait to.

I also shit on people stupid and screw up when i come.

The only way to get cheap fuck actual human sex is for me to hope
and then make it easier for me to rip-off every pussy

Do Crime now or forget about it.

Your only choices are to go to Kiev or stay home.

Well, maybe there is one other choice. Or maybe I'm just a little low
since I've had to postpone the spring fling, and now I'm so bored I'm
losing it.

But there's still hope the Siberian summer will unleash a thirsty crop
of thawed out pizda, our other "choice" that will be investigated and
illustrated for your viewing pleasure. Stay tuned you pervert, and
remember, go east malchik. Yes, go east!

CA Traveler
05-06-06, 18:58
BB... Say whaaaat?

UB... kiev, guess I got lucky, but I did learn that their website is a scam after many flights booked there!

Bez Bezarra
05-06-06, 19:57
Ya can't blame me for what Ukelele Guy says, just cause he
writes in that DaVinci thing and only I can seem to decode.

Say, what color do they do their tsar tar stars?

Uke Boy
05-06-06, 21:40
Vince, you don't need a visa but you do need a letter from your mamman giving you permission to frolick in CAT's Odessa playground!

Bez Bezarra
05-06-06, 21:45
And don't forget yer fotographique electronique this time,
ya froggie!

Uke Boy
05-06-06, 21:45
ALL ISG members,

It now appears that we need to take up a public service collection of monies on behalf of our colleague Bezarro so that he can come to and in Ukraine. I am afraid that if he does not get back here very soon and maybe to other areas he may go sane!

Please keep this from happening. Imagine if he started posting like the rest of us!

Bez Bezarra
05-06-06, 22:02
Relax druk.

Only delaying my next adventure, not being disappeared!

I'll just use these tickets for fall when its cooler, then
classes have started again at Toshkent State Tank &
Tractor Technical Institute where I'll be demonstrating
lubrication of dyev gearboxes for drive-shaft coupling.

Meanwhile, the countdown has begun for the next mighty
Volga Viagra-thon.

If you're looking for me or you wanna stop by n' drink some piva,
I'll be livin' in a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Bez Bezarra
05-07-06, 03:34
i toke !

Well Vincenzo, that explains a lot,
but carpets are for munching, not smokin'!

Bong and a crepe?

Doctor....EVIL!

Nufc9
05-07-06, 04:49
Guys,

Is there much difference between economy and business class on Aerosvit.

I need to book a 3 hour flight from Athens to Kiev soon and its only an extra 90USD for business class.

Does anyone know the difference?

More room? Comfort, service etc?

Thanks,

Rob

Cruiser D
05-07-06, 17:13
Aerosvits website is a scam?

BB... Say whaaaat?

UB... kiev, guess I got lucky, but I did learn that their website is a scam after many flights booked there!

CA Traveler
05-07-06, 18:57
When I say a scam, I mean this... On most western airlines website you will find the lowest fares because the airlines recognize that they don't have to use real people to do the booking and issue the ticket.

Aerosvit on the other hand, apparently thinks that they are doing a service by offering tickets on line and therefore are apparently charging more for that service.

Since I live here, I will just go to a local travel agent and have the ticket issued from now own. If you live someplace outside of the cities with Aerosvit ticket office or a travel agent who can book Aerosvit, then I guess you are stuck with the website.

Member #2001
05-12-06, 22:11
planning to travel to ukraine, and i am sure manythings have changed since my last visit.

i woule like to know if anyone on this thread knows how to contact costoms at the airport. i am wanting to bring in a few labtops for freinds i have there and i am not sure if its allowed. i have to be sure, becasue i do not want to have them confurep001ed at the airport.

please pm me or write a responce on this thread.

thanks

Rain City
06-04-06, 02:33
Let me ask you guys a total beginner question. I contacted one of the providers and got the quote of 250 ye/ha. I would think it's 250 something/hour. Is it euro, or UAH? If it's euro, that's way too expensive!!

Durbain
06-04-06, 06:24
Hey, Rain City, I had the same question not long ago.

"ye" or y.e. (pronounced something like oooh yeah) stands for c.u. or common currency unit... and in Ukraine, it means US dollars.

(BTW, 250/???[hac], in euro or dollars, at over 2x to 3x+ the going rates for freelancers, is not expensive!... it's an outrageous rip-off! Stay away from that one!)

Let me ask you guys a total beginner question. I contacted one of the providers and got the quote of 250 ye/ha. I would think it's 250 something/hour. Is it euro, or UAH? If it's euro, that's way too expensive!!

CA Traveler
06-04-06, 08:34
RC... By law in RU and Ukr the prices must be in the local currency. The loophole that that is if priced in y.e. which is short for "Yourgonnagetfuck'd Everyday". Actually, I don't know exactly what it means but in reality, they will convert it to either USD or Euros usually at some very lopsided conversion rate which will not be in your favor I guarantee. A WG may just want the actual amount, USD/Euro, but when she is asking 250 of either it is way too much for a short visit.

m2001... No need to contact customs, if they find them you'd better have a good explanation, like you are a stock trader and you need multiple computers. Of course you had also better hope that they speak English. Computers, along with wine, is taxed very high in Ukr so expect a hassle. However, if you have two or three, you can probably get away with it if they aren't in the boxes. Personally, I would try to put the flat in the bottom or side of a bag so that when they are X-rayed they wouldn't show up so much. Of course to do that you need to know how they will put them on the X-ray machine. One could definitely go in your briefcase.

Lust 7
06-04-06, 09:37
What is the best city?

For the budget traveler where is the best place to go, to get the best bang for your buck?

Specifically prices for hotels/apartments or even private homes and women? And potential for freebees? Also how would you rate the safety?

I hope this is not redundant however, I am hoping for a good summary post of expected prices for accommodations and women for all major areas etc.

Kiev-I think a lot of women however, the hotels are pricy, perhaps, and have prices been driven up?

Hotels:
Other accommodations:
Cost for 1 hour with a women:
Freebees potential:
Safety:

Lviv-Does anyone have information about this?

Hotels:
Other accommodations:
Freebees potential:
Safety

Odessa-Is this fished out? Too many mongers and perhaps the prices are too much for Ukraine? I was thinking about a beach vacation there.

Hotels:
Other accommodations:
Freebees potential:
Safety:

Other Western Ukrainian towns- Is it worthy checking out the smalls cities of western Ukraine? Perhaps these are not fished out yet, and prices are more reflective of the economy?

Hotels:
Other accommodations:
Freebees potential:
Safety:

Thank you

Uke Boy
06-04-06, 11:14
CAT and Rain City and everyone else

When you see the letters y.e. after a price, it means "uslovnikh edinits" or translated, "agreed upon units". For most of the time it was used and even today, its generally accepted translation is US Dollars. It was mostly used with big ticket items so that the value would not fluctuate once converted to grivnas at the official rate.

However, I have noticed that now that the Euro is so strong, depending on who uses y.e., they can say that they actually meant Euros. I think what is also happening is that if you are from the EU, they will stick you with a Euro price and if you are from the USA, and knowing that you only have dollars, they will agree to the dollar version of y.e.

That all being said, 250 y.e. for any lady here is a huge rip off for an hour. Even for a night it is a lot. The normal rate right now for an hour is $60 so I suggest you go back to that rip off artists and tell her you will pay her no more than the general rate.

If anyone quotes you a rate in y.e. and you pay in grivnas, the exchange rate will always be at the National Bank rate if you know it, or, if not, the slightly higher exchange kiosk rate that is almost on every corner. That way, there is no exorbitant exchange rate, it is there for all to see.

CA Traveler
06-04-06, 12:23
UB, thanks for the translation, but in my mind, it still means caution since it gives them the right to set the "agreed upon" amount. At least in RU, many times on menus or in hotels, you will see a small sign that says 35 rubles = 1 y.e./USD. Not bad when the ruble is 34:1 but very bad when it is 26.8:1. Ukr is a little different because there is an "official" national bank rate, 5.05:1, but the RUR flucuates and the local establishment sets their "agreed upon" rate.

Uke Boy
06-04-06, 13:35
CAT,

Please remember that you are in Odessa and in Ukraine. What happens and is the practice in Moscow or RU does not always apply to practices here.

The y.e. thing here is the National Bank or kiosk exchange rate in every case. That has always been the accepted pactice. It was and is the way to ensure that no one feels ripped off in any such transaction.

Or, conversely, you can choose to pay in the Euros or Dollars that were actually asked for.

All ladies will accept Dollars or Euros and not care about the law that says all payment must be in grivna. Come to think about it the law also forbids prostitiution but, horrors, it does exist here as well!

CA Traveler
06-05-06, 04:46
UB... true, in fact, I thank my lucky stars everyday as I sit outside at Zara's watching the beauties walk by that I am not in Moscow any longer.

And, as I said in my earlier post, Ukraine has the benefit of the National Bank with its set conversion rate which makes the y.e. a benefit instead of a scam like in RU.

On a side note, one other advantage to Ukraine, is that as the recent USD slides further south, in Ukraine it has stayed fairly constant and the Euro has increased. This compares to most places where the USD has dropped like a rock and Euro has made gains in the opposite direction.

Himself
06-08-06, 08:43
Just an observation from visits this year to Kiev, Odessa:

Looks like that meeting places are going down (like RP) and girls are becoming more expensive in Arena etc.

However, seems that the traditional market places are being replaced by the internet now in Ukraine. A year before you could hardly find any agency (expect GIA) and very rare an independt on the net. Suddenly one can find independents on sites like http://www.destiny.com.ua/ and a few others, as Irish Lad already explained.

Positive development I guess. I will be in Odessa next week again, and have already arranged a few contacts. Will report later.

In a report under Kiev Irish Lad says that there is a trend to overplan visits to Ukraine. I fully agree that this is not necessary for Kiev due to the many bars and meeting places, but for smaller cities outside Kiev (even Odessa), it is helpful to have done a little homework before you visit. Especially if you are there in the begining of the week (Mon-Wed) as not so much happens in the bars on these days (Sunday is also often dead)

Just my 2 cents

take care

HS

Fck Dick
06-14-06, 17:47
Any info on Sevastopol? Incall? Tochka? Brothels etc?

Durbain
07-07-06, 03:23
If you use a web-based translation site like http://translation.paralink.com
the Cyrillic may fail to translate on some "sex" terms, but the transliterated Russian form will reveal the clear English meaning of some of the words that failed the translation. That's the good news!

But this doesn't work in a few cases.
Since the Cyrillic fonts I have turn to ???? when I've tried to include such text in posting messages here, I can't provide a demo of the technique, either when it works nor when it fails. So, I'm only providing the transliterated Russian form for the ones that fail (I would have preferred to post both the Cyrillic and transliterated forms of these words).

transliterated Russian, to English?:

Minet:

obazhayu (one said she was crazy about it, leading me to wonder what 'it' is?) :

In reverse, web-based translation sites are useless for the following which would be useful to know the Russian for:

owo (oral w/out a cover) :
cim (come in mouth) :
DFK (deep French kissing / kissing w/tongue) :

I've done my best at RTFF for Ukraine and Russia, but drawn all blanks.

Suggestions and resource pointers welcome!

(Also any advice on successful posting of Cyrillic text onto the site would be welcome.)

Thanks.

Latitude Cruz
07-11-06, 07:12
OK I've done the RTFF 'til my eyes bleed.
Can someone tell me what RP stands for?

LC

Doctor_Skank
07-11-06, 08:03
RP is Kiev's "River Palace", sometimes less than affectionately called the "Boat". Its located by the river, about 15 minutes from downtown by cab.

Essentially a pickup bar/night club. Every girl in there (aside from the staff) is a pro.

RP gets mixed reviews on price and the performance of its pros, but everybody who visits Kiev for the first time should give it a try. I generally have had good experiences there and not paid too much... but also havent been there in more than a year.

Rumour has it that RP will soon become a "family-oriented" location.

RP pros can also be found sometimes working at "Arena", a centrally-located disco/casino complex.

Irish Lad
07-12-06, 17:56
hello

between http://www.online-translator.com and http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

you should be able to translate most russian words and sentences.

for convenience i list many of the sex terms that you might require:-

анальный anal
групповой group
классический classic
лесбийский lesbian
секс без презерватива sex without a condom
игрушки toys
куннилингус kunnilingus
Минет с резинкой oral with condom
минет без резинки oral without condom
минет глубокий deep throat
ролевые игры role games
услуги семейной паре service married couple
фото/видео съемка photo/video shooting
эскорт escort
лесби lesbian
стриптиз не профи amateur striptease
стриптиз профи professional striptease
ануслинг ass licking?
золот. дождь выдача [CodeWord103] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord103)-give
золотой дождь прием [CodeWord103] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord103)-receive
секс на публике public sex
страпон strap-on
фистинг анальный anal fisting
фистинг классический pussy fisting
Бандаж bondage
Госпожа madam
Игры games
Легкая доминация easy domination
Порка whipping
Рабыня slave
Фетиш fetish

can't think of anything else for the moment.

il

LifeSavour
07-12-06, 23:16
IL,

As far as I can see, you are the MAN!! Meet me when in Kiev next - OK?

LS Guy

Bez Bezarra
07-13-06, 12:30
Sir.

For those us of dumb morons who are STILL not completely
"cyrillic friendly", would you mind terribly giving us the
translations to read in phoenetic English letters?
Angliski pazhalusta?

Actually, now that I look at the list again, I can figure most
of them out except kunnilingus and deep throat. Kunnilingus
looks like its almost the same.

Spas.

Gentleman Travel
07-13-06, 14:33
i want to ask about using blackberries in russia & ukraine.

i am about to get one and i am trying to decide whether it is worthwhile to get the newest version 8700 which claims to be better for web browsing due to the "edge" - a higher speed communications protocol. my thinking is that if you can use a bb to browse the web, then there is no need to haul a notebook along on travels just to view escort & dating sites. but so far as i can tell, the edge network only exists in north america. does anyone know if it is coming to russia or ukraine? or has anyone found that older bbs are useful for this purpose?

secondly, is there any "wow" factor in having one of these devices in ee? i see guys talking about flashing expensive watches and cell phones as a way to make an impression on the dyevs, and wonder if blackberries are "cool" there or just nerdy?

gt

Durbain
07-14-06, 20:10
thanks, irish lad!

(i do wish i could get my cyrillic to show-up properly here, as you did... but so be it for now.)

can anyone help with dfk? or cim?

as for transliteration, which bb asks about, that's the particular forte of the http://translation.paralink.com/ site.

for those us of ... ... ... still not completely "cyrillic friendly", would you mind terribly giving us the translations to read in phoenetic english letters?

angliski pazhalusta?here's irish lad's list run thru that process on
http://translation.paralink.com "russian to translit":

anal'nyj anal
gruppovoj group
klassicheskij classic
lesbijskij lesbian
seks bez prezervativa sex without a condom
igrushki toys
kunnilingus kunnilingus
minet s rezinkoj oral with condom
minet bez rezinki oral without condom
minet glubokij deep throat
rolevyye igry role games
uslugi semejnoj pare service married couple
foto/video s"emka photo/video shooting
eskort escort
lesbi lesbian
striptiz ne profi amateur striptease
striptiz profi professional striptease
anusling ass licking?
zolot. dozhd' vydacha [CodeWord103] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord103)-give
zolotoj dozhd' priyem [CodeWord103] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord103)-receive
seks na publike public sex
strapon strap-on
fisting anal'nyj anal fisting
fisting klassicheskij pussy fisting
bandazh bondage
gospozha madam
igry games
legkaya dominaciya easy domination
porka whipping
rabyn'a slave
fetish fetish

Jerome49
07-17-06, 20:09
http://www.lelapinnoir.com/ for contact with woman from Ukrainia
and pretend to be in Odessa

Is this a scam ?

They provide services as intrenet, tranlation, printing.

Informations please?

Zeeker
07-18-06, 06:38
Jerome49

Why even consider a site like that? Any site or any women asking for money you should avoid like the plague. There are many free sites where you will find women from Russia and Ukraine who speak English. Even on the Russian language sites where a woman lists only Russian as a language you will find that many do know quite a bit of English. Perhaps years ago the kind of agency you mention was needed but these days Internet access is widespread.

I suggest you start at a site in English like: http://freepersonals.ru/
If you do not find what you are looking for there go to the Russian site: http://www.destiny.com.ua/. That site has been mentioned many times on this forum. I myself have had great success with both sites. http://www.destiny.com.ua/ is more fun becauuse it is easier to find sex and the other site is for more serious long term commitment.

And remember that anyone or any site asking for money in advance you should avoid!

LifeSavour
07-18-06, 06:53
http://www.lelapinnoir.com/ for contact with woman from Ukrainia and pretend to be in Odessa

Is this a scam?

They provide services as intrenet, tranlation, printing.

Informations please?In my almost 6 years of writing to women in UKR via websites I have experienced 'many changes' - especially in women's attitudes towards a letter from a Western guy! They now are very cautious as they have been scammed by too many men that just write and never visit!

This site seems very 'un-professional' - 'lacking women' - and I for one know many dating sites that sell 'dates for a fee' ($20) actually pay the woman to meet you! PROFESSIONAL DATERS! They 'dine & dash' !!

Stay away! There are too many other good - FREE - sites that have many nice, serious women! (if that is what you want?)

I have had good success with these: (both for meeting a lady wanting a realtionship/dating AND just for a 1 or 2 time SEXUAL ENCOUNTER)!

http://love.mail.ru
http://freepersonals.ru/
http://www.cupidbay.com/
http://12kisses.com/

Good luck!

LS Guy

Cruiser D
07-18-06, 22:31
85% of the online dating sites are a waste of time - the same goes for their brick and mortar counterparts.

As far as english goes - english was a required course in the FSU. Does anyone know if this is still the case. I often come across girls who are shy about their english skills. I remember getting an email a few months ago from a girl I met in Kiev and was shy about her english skills. Her syntax and spelling was perfect. I asked her if she had someone translate the text for her and she said no.

LifeSavour
07-19-06, 05:34
My girlfriend is from West UKR and was a teacher in a state school (english) And was making 400 hra a month until I took her away! All her friends speak OK english and ALL know the rules (present perfect, past perfect... huh???) of grammar better than me!

If you ask a lady and she says 'No, I don't speak english!' TRANSLATED means:
'I do know, but have no practice and I am embarrassed by my mistakes'

So just joke with them, I tell them they are better in language than me... 'You speak russian, ukrainian, some english and possibly another language - I only know english!! You are better than ME!'

They usually open up then!!

Zde
08-01-06, 00:00
Hello: I was looking for the HIV info for the Czech Republic and I found program in Radio Prague which I believe was broadcast on May 18 2006. Ukrain is there mentioned as a top country in Europe as far as HIV infection rate is concerned, so be careful out there. The part of the transcription follows:

"So far, the Czech Republic and its neighbors have been lucky. UNAIDS and World Health Organization statistics indicate Central and Western Europe has one of the lowest rates of HIV infection in the world. In the Czech Republic the total number of deaths from AIDS is in the hundreds, and it's estimated that about one-tenth of one percent of Czechs are living with HIV. But that might change. Dr. Marie Bruckova, who heads the National Reference Laboratory on AIDS, says that infections are rising steadily by between 50 and 100 cases per year. She adds that this probably isn't the whole picture.

"We have certain worries. We have an increase of those who are HIV-infected who are registered. You know, we can suppose there are more people infected or whom we don't register. So those who we do register are going up. We may suppose that there are more people, and usually we say five times more than we register. I wouldn't say more than five times. "

One factor worrying officials is that nearby Ukraine, which has many of its citizens living and working in the Czech Republic, is the worst-affected country in Europe. There, about 1. 4 percent of adults are infected with HIV. UNAIDS also says that in the Russian Federation, AIDS was initially prevalent mostly in intravenous drug users. Now it is spreading to sex workers and their clients. Czech Deputy Health Minister Michael Vit says that an uneven policy on testing between the Czech Republic and former Soviet states isn't helping the matter.

Michael Vit Michael Vit

Cruiser D
08-02-06, 01:36
Numbers are subjective at best. No nation wants to be known as the #1 nation for AIDS in Europe. Government numbers are dubious at best but there has to be a baseline somewhere.

According to WHO as of 2004 our winners per 100k were Estonia, Russia, Ukraine and Latvia in that order.

Here are the links..the first has lots of easy to understand colorful graphs.

http://www.euro.who.int/Document/Mediacentre/fs1405e.pdf

http://www.who.int/3by5/support/EFS2004_ukr.pdf

The only safe sex is no sex. After that it's just varying degrees of risk.

Speed of Light
08-04-06, 05:02
The only safe sex is no sex. After that it's just varying degrees of risk.Actually "no sex" is pretty dangerous to mental health, and can lead to unhappiness, which in turn may cause serious physiological problems and premature death. And I am not kidding.

Folletto
08-08-06, 21:28
Someone know if, in Kiev city, it is possible to get dollar ($) money by ATM?

And if so, can you give me some address of dollar-enabled ATMs?

Thank you!

LifeSavour
08-09-06, 04:34
The 2 I have used are at the end of 'K' street near Besarapka Market (the big round building) across from Arena City.

Go down to the undergroung Mall and on each side of 'K' street you can find ATM's that usually have $100!!

Cruiser D
08-09-06, 05:16
ATM's in Metrograd (not all but some) which is the underground shopping area next to Arena City (Mandarin Plaza) give money in USD.

Cruiser D
08-09-06, 05:26
speed,

i know quite a few monks who might disagree with you.

different strokes for different folks...

condoms are not 100% effective.

you can get std's from even just a hj.

i'm not some hypocrite up on a soap box but knowledge is power, ignorance is not bliss. know the risks and then you can make an informed decision.

the only safe sex is no sex. after that it's just varying degrees of risk - from barely none to jumping out of a airplane without a parachute.

Folletto
08-09-06, 19:48
@Cruiser D & @Lifesavour

Thank your for answer :-)

Only two questions:

Is 100$ the maximum per day or can I get much more money?

Only 100$ is not so usefull.

Is 'K' the name of the street or a transliteration of some Cyrillic phrases?

Delgado
08-10-06, 00:55
K=Khreshchatyk, the central street of Kiev

Uke Boy
08-10-06, 03:05
The best and most useful (and safest from a security point of view) of the dollar dispensing ATMs are the ones from Privat Bank.

Privat is one of Ukraine's largest banks and their ATMs and banks are located in many places throughout Kiev as well as Ukraine. They do list all their locations online on their website as well.

The link is their branch locator:
http://www.privatbank.ua/info/index3.stm?fileName=d6a_1e.html

I found that you can get $300 per transactions with a fee of $9 for each dollar transaction you make (3%). Once you finish one $300 withdrawal, you can go at it again and again depending on your daily limit.

You can also withdraw as much grivna as you want from the same machine, also depending on your limits.

Speed of Light
08-10-06, 04:57
The only safe sex is no sex. After that it's just varying degrees of risk - from barely none to jumping out of a airplane without a parachute.Well, I would fall in great depression, if I had no sex in my life. So "no sex" is pretty dangerous at least for me. Probably even more dangerous than unprotected sex.

Anyway, of course it is wise to wear a condom whenever in high-risk encounters with women.

Eros74
08-10-06, 10:22
Uke Boy hello!

Please man, give me your suggest, for persons living in country where is used euro, you will change in advance at your home euro into $ ?

Another question, the pro accept $ or grivnas?
Which is the best to pay them?
You know I do not want that may be they do 1$ means 1Euro.

Thanks!!!

Bez Bezarra
08-10-06, 12:40
ALWAYS pay with Hrivnas!

You'll get the best rate that way,
but the difference won't be that significant.

Uke Boy
08-10-06, 12:41
Lukasek,

Although a few businesses here have switched to Euro-based pricing, fortunately the ladies and their agencies have not. In this and for most Ukrainians, the measuring stick of prices is still dollars.

If you are in a Euro country, I do suggest you bring some dollars with you as well for such payments.

While the ladies very much appreciate and prefer payment in dollars, they and the agencies will quote you a grivna rate if you ask for payment in that currency. The only problem for you is that while the kiosk exchnage rate is 5.05 grivnas to the dollar, the ladies and agencies will convert it a higher rate, say 5.30 grivna to the dollar.

Doctor_Skank
09-14-06, 11:09
There is a God...

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/02/23201f46-5608-416a-be79-b08631ad218a.html

Himself
09-14-06, 22:12
Just curious as to how many of us on here are currently in the military or at one time were...and were your first mongering experiences while IN the military?
Hi,
how are you ? ahahaahahah
i am in the NAVY !
yes there are a lot of military here and in the business we have ex-military, for exemple in Odessa Ukraine there is one boss of agency apartments (but girls too) who was in th U.S Marines and served overseas (Asia, Philippines...)his first name is Anton and it's my friend he has a great chance to work with sexy girls all the days and surely he wins more money that us.

This VV is unbeliveable. He thinks this forum is to discuss who was in the Navy. Sorry this forum is to discuss who was in Yana, Olga, Vika, Tanja, Sveta, Elena and another Olga.... ;-)

HS

Ash1001
09-14-06, 22:40
There is a God...

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/02/23201f46-5608-416a-be79-b08631ad218a.htmlHear, hear. Here's to Ukraine NOT going the sorry way of Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic.

Let's hope old Yanukovich gets his way :)

Uke Boy
09-15-06, 01:16
Ash1001

Yes, I agree, and hope that Yanukovich goes back to the bad old ways, namely brings back visas for foreigners.

Sevastopol1
09-15-06, 08:16
Atm's in Ukraine are safe and reliable, never had any probs at all in the time I have lived in Sevastopol.
The best and most useful (and safest from a security point of view) of the dollar dispensing ATMs are the ones from Privat Bank.

Privat is one of Ukraine's largest banks and their ATMs and banks are located in many places throughout Kiev as well as Ukraine. They do list all their locations online on their website as well.

The link is their branch locator:
http://www.privatbank.ua/info/index3.stm?fileName=d6a_1e.html

I found that you can get $300 per transactions with a fee of $9 for each dollar transaction you make (3%). Once you finish one $300 withdrawal, you can go at it again and again depending on your daily limit.

You can also withdraw as much grivna as you want from the same machine, also depending on your limits.

LifeSavour
09-16-06, 13:16
Get this:: My girlfreind opened a 'deposit' account with this bank. She put in around 2 grand. The other day we stopped at the branch closest to our home (not the location she used to open it) and was told that she only can get $$ from the ONE location she used to open the account! I WAS SHOCKED!

LS Guy

Member #2001
09-16-06, 18:51
I am just turn on some holidays in Odessa and i was with beautiful girls but they can be more beautiful if they don't have bad teeth for two or three of them.
There is a problem with dentists in Ukraine, i am disappointed because they can take care of their teeth like their body. The solution is to promote dentists in Ukraine or sending the girls in western countries to visit good dentists.

Happy hunting !

I had crowns done in sevastopol about 5 years ago and the broke. Now one but several times. I was lucky enough to get them replaced in time, but my other crowns broke and i had to repalce them in the states. Total of 16 crowns i had done in ukrane at that time. Only 6 remain and my dentist here siad that there was not enough breathing space between my crowns and my gums. In other words they are too close to each other so it makes it difficult to floss them, Having just returned from Kiev I also had some dental work done there. Two crowns were replaced and one filling was done. THe two crowns that were repalced were also done too close to the gusm makeing it again difficult to floss and the one filling that was done is worse then before. Now i have to go back to my dentist here and see what he has to say about it. Also the place were the crowns were replaced in hte upper jaw area is sesitive due to the fact that he gave me mulipule shts or anistethic. I am still waiting for it to heal. It was more painfull then my dentist here in the states. Also my cavity is not in a lot of pain, not a little bit, but alot.

Asiafun28
09-20-06, 08:02
Hi all,

A quick report on my experience with Diamond Passion escorts.

I was browsing the web looking for some nice company for a trip I was taking to Bratislava and found Diamond Passion Escorts website.

It looked fantastic and the girls unreal so I contacted them by email to organise
a meeting with one of their girls.

I recieved a quick reply from the manager Anton Samilov (again by E-mail), he answered my questions promptly and the details I recieved about proposed flight
time etc were correct (I checked the flight times, airlines etc myself) so I was happy enough to send via western union the booking deposit and price of flights.

I made sure to confirm the details of my hotel and organised for a key to be left at reception the girl so she could wait for me if I was delayed.

I was really looking forward to the appointment as a nice (but expenive treat)

Also I checked several sites for reviews on this agency and they seemed very positive so I was fairly optimistic.

As It turns out my optimism proved unfoundded as the girls did not show up.
I mailed the agency and recieved a quick reply asking me to confirm that the model did not show up and then a mail saying they would check it out.

Since then the mails have been sparse the contact phone number I have is not connecting and the last mail from them promised to repay me or organise another meeting, after I stated that I would post my experience to every escort forum, agency review site and toplist on the web.

Maybe there was a genuine error or mistake by the agency and they are trying to correct that mistake, but far more likely at this stage is my money is long gone and someone in Ukraine/Russia is enjoying several hundred euros of
fine wine and food at my expense.

Yup I do feel like a complete idiot for sending the money, but when the penis
sees a woman it likes sense and reason go out the window.

So there it is my story of woe, I can post copies of my correspondance with the agency and Mr Anton if need be, but What I would really like is Mr Anton
Who I know is a member of this forum to post a response to this mail and explain why He and his agency have not resolved this problem (if they are a legit Agency).

I will gladly post a detailed report if the situation gets resolved

Anton knows who I am and the booking was for Elena in Bratislava for 12th Sept

Asiafun28
09-20-06, 10:22
Hi,

It seems I may have jumped the gun on Anton and Diamond Passion as I have just recieved a mail from them explaining the missed appointment and offering
a solution.

I will post updates as to the outcome and will write a much more detailed review
of the agency the girl and the whole experience.

Sevastopol1
09-20-06, 14:57
Maybe this should act as a deterrent to anyone who is thinking about sending money to ANYONE in Ukraine or Russia, I have lived in Ukraine for over a year now, so I do speak with some knowledge of this matter, any foreigner is considered rich and fair game to rob, even a visit to the market is a chance for locals to get a bit extra.

Someone who sends money via Western Union or any other money transfer business is foolish and would be looked upon as a fool from heaven a bit like a lottery win for the recipient!

Hi all,

A quick report on my experience with Diamond Passion escorts.

I was browsing the web looking for some nice company for a trip I was taking to Bratislava and found Diamond Passion Escorts website.

It looked fantastic and the girls unreal so I contacted them by email to organise
a meeting with one of their girls.

I recieved a quick reply from the manager Anton Samilov (again by E-mail), he answered my questions promptly and the details I recieved about proposed flight
time etc were correct (I checked the flight times, airlines etc myself) so I was happy enough to send via western union the booking deposit and price of flights.

I made sure to confirm the details of my hotel and organised for a key to be left at reception the girl so she could wait for me if I was delayed.

I was really looking forward to the appointment as a nice (but expenive treat)

Also I checked several sites for reviews on this agency and they seemed very positive so I was fairly optimistic.

As It turns out my optimism proved unfoundded as the girls did not show up.
I mailed the agency and recieved a quick reply asking me to confirm that the model did not show up and then a mail saying they would check it out.

Since then the mails have been sparse the contact phone number I have is not connecting and the last mail from them promised to repay me or organise another meeting, after I stated that I would post my experience to every escort forum, agency review site and toplist on the web.

Maybe there was a genuine error or mistake by the agency and they are trying to correct that mistake, but far more likely at this stage is my money is long gone and someone in Ukraine/Russia is enjoying several hundred euros of
fine wine and food at my expense.

Yup I do feel like a complete idiot for sending the money, but when the penis
sees a woman it likes sense and reason go out the window.

So there it is my story of woe, I can post copies of my correspondance with the agency and Mr Anton if need be, but What I would really like is Mr Anton
Who I know is a member of this forum to post a response to this mail and explain why He and his agency have not resolved this problem (if they are a legit Agency).

I will gladly post a detailed report if the situation gets resolved

Anton knows who I am and the booking was for Elena in Bratislava for 12th Sept

Traveller22
09-25-06, 19:42
This question is posted in the Russian and Ukrainian forum.
I have already bothered Doctor Skank by asking him the best ways and places to approach Russian girls. Doc gave me an excellent answer but now I have a more specific question.
Many mongers here can approach a lot of times even when they are alone. I just would like to know the most usual and efficient pickup-lines/ice-breakers that you use with Russian girls, the first words pronounced to get in touch with them.

Bandit7
09-25-06, 20:56
Priviyet pampuska!

It has worked for me! In Rostov and Kiev t 22.

LifeSavour
09-26-06, 03:58
This question is posted in the Russian and Ukrainian forum.
I have already bothered Doctor Skank by asking him the best ways and places to approach Russian girls. Doc gave me an excellent answer but now I have a more specific question.

Many mongers here can approach a lot of times even when they are alone. I just would like to know the most usual and efficient pickup-lines/ice-breakers that you use with Russian girls, the first words pronounced to get in touch with them.

Then I love this line!

Excuse me do YOU speak any RUSSIAN?

Many will blurt out NO! (they don't listen and think you are asking english)

"Oh you speak english!!" Smile! And they laugh, giggle.

The rest is up to you!

Cruiser D
09-27-06, 22:23
Have you tried, 'Hi, I'm a rich Movie/Modeling agent with a giant penis'? Works wonders.

Doctor_Skank
09-28-06, 10:44
charlieh:

(question posed on odessa forum)

i've tried all different kinds of methods with russian women and of course as all women are different, they all react differently. some reacted well to what could be considered western dating rituals... others were genuinely confused by them.

as a general guide however, i think it is important to stay in tune with their cultural upbringing, which means that when on a date or even when arranging anything, the man makes all the important decisions.

for example, if i am meeting olesya42 for the first real date, i will know exactly where we are going ahead of time and have a back up plan. if we are going to dinner, i will make a reservation or at least have a second option in case the place we are going to is fully booked. i will also have at least 2 post-dinner options in mind for after the dinner date. ultimate goal is of course to get her home with you, but i often go for a drink somewhere else after dinner... which does seem to go hand in hand with getting her back to the apartment. another good idea is to make your last station within easy walking distance of your apartment. sometimes i simply walk out of the bar and straight home with her and before she can even ask where we are going we are sitting on the couch in the apartment.

he shoots, he scores!

most russian girls react poorly, or at least confused and uncertain, if their male suitor suddenly doesnt know where to go or what to do on a date.

i was recently speaking to a girlfriend in moscow about male-female relations. we came to the subject of dating and mating rituals and i told her that most of my male friends in the us liked marrying girls who were like "buddies" to them. girls with whom they could laugh together, feel comfortable with in a non-threatening way and generally hang out with. sex was merely a "fun" experience for them, something that is done periodically, like going to a barbecue or watching a baseball game.

i personally think this is atrocious. if i want buddies i go out with my male friends.

my girlfriends are not mere friends or buddies, they are sex objects to be seduced, dominated and defiled... over and over again. the vast majority of girls i have met enjoy this kind of relationship, it is easy for them to understand. i never let them forget that i want to fuck them. it's also one of the reasons i make it a point to come in a girl's mouth or on her face on our first sex together. she'll never again ask herself if i think of her in a sexual way and never wonder who is the dominant player in the relationship. maybe it's a mute point, but i personally think it sends the right message. not all girls like that initially, but they adapt with remarkable speed...

in most cases we are also significantly older than our girlfriends and certainly more experienced and wealthy. you shouldn't be shy about reminding them of this. i do not say you should shower them with gifts or let them dictate how you spend money on them... that's pathetic... but never let them pay for their own drinks, entrance to a museum or club or whatever. remind them of their status in the relationship. remind them in a pleasant but unmistakable way. for example on a recent moscow afternoon with a regular girlfriend i noticed her shoes were old and dirty and she was wearing the same pants she had worn last year. normal situation for a student. i told her i couldn't go to a club with her looking shabby like that and told her we are going shopping together, where i picked out some new clothes for her... cheap but fashionable miss sixty crap. i spent about 150 €, but needless to say i ensured her "loyalty" for the next year or so and it honestly made me feel good. she totally understood my objection to be seen with her when she wasn't looking good. and she looked a hell of a lot better when we went to the club.

like most people on this forum, i have a western upbringing and cannot help but sometimes slip back into that frame of mind. it's deadly. the western frame of mind concerning the other sex is one of chronic uncertainty. will she like me? will she like the restaurant? will she look at other boys? will she see me again? this is the wrong way to look at things. you should be certain of everything you do with a girl and don't ask questions or allow her to ask questions. be forward without being rude, be direct without being oafish. if a girl is not interested, you will notice. write her off, move on. if she is interested, never let her doubt she is lucky to be with you.

and finally, as i stated before, mongering in ee is an imperfect science. you will have to learn to win and lose, to adapt to field conditions. but it is important to change your frame of mind when dealing with russian girls, otherwise you will constantly be second-guessing yourself and display the kind of western uncertainty that they neither understand nor respect.

Doctor_Skank
09-28-06, 14:26
CharlieH posted another question regarding EE girls:

"So how do you know if a Russian girl likes you if she doesn't look or smile at you?"

The answer is simple. You don't.

...and it doesn't really matter. If you wait around for the right "signals" you are going to wait around forever, presumably until your dick shrivels up and falls off.

Unfortunately they aren't equipped with a siren on top of their head that signals when you have sparked their interest...

Of course miracles happen and some girls make it obvious they are interested.

Sometimes the girls in the clubs and bars are horny themsleves and just give you a really flirty smile... in such cases I usually just grab her and drag her off to a quiet corner and stick my tongue down her throat. If she objects she'll let you know before you get into too much trouble.

If you are standing at the bar in some club and she is TOO smiley and friendly, could be she is a who*e. At least that's sometimes been my experience in clubs frequented by expats. Other times she was simply interested in meeting a foreigner. In any case, it didnt take long to find out.

Although some normal girls do get flirty or stare and smile back... just like anywhere... most won't give you any signals at all until you approach them.. and that's the point. You should just try to talk to her in which ever way is comfortable for you. If she completely ignores you, pushes you away, gives you a disgusted look, turns away or her boyfriend comes over, these are all signals that your chances are slim.

Anything else means you are doing ok so far. The rest is up to you. You'll usually recognize quite soon by her body language and her eyes if she's interested in getting to know you better.

Sorry if that doesn't really help, but we are all different in our methods so any one method will not work for everybody, but the main point is to approach girls and try to set up a date the next day or whenever.

Sometimes its even easier to get the opening night score, especially if drink is involved. Carpe Diem I say, if you see the window of opportunity even slightly opened, jump through it.

If you are going for the classic one-night stand, the opening night club pull, that has a dynamic character of its own and will usually require a bit of creative persuasion on your part. Most of my one-night stands put up some protest at first, but resilience ended up winning out. Not always, but more often than I thought it would.

And finally, if you strike out with one girl, don't get dejected. Move on and try again.

If you aren't having success at all, take a step back and analyse yourself. Ask yourself how Russian girls see you. Ask yourself what they find attractive and try to mould yourself to be more like that. You can't and shouldn't try to completely change yourself, but things like confidence can be trained, not to mention language which helps a lot.

And a final thing that helped me with freebies... PRACTISE WITH WHOR*S! They are Russian girls too and flirt and laugh just like their sisters do... if you can make them happy and comfortable with you it's a great sign... and it can build confidence when you head out to try and bag more challenging prey.

Traveller22
09-28-06, 14:48
DOC, you really should write a book on how to deal with EE girls.
It would be an extremely useful guide for all of us. For my part, I would be the first buyer of this bible!!:-))

Excess
09-28-06, 14:53
Doctor Skank has written an absolute classic review of the psyche of the Russian - read that Slavic sisterhood - and how the Western male needs to adapt himself and act with them for success. As the good Doctor points out, it is not simply a question of success but one of moving into a comfort zone for both the hunted and huntsman. Anything else causes unnecessary confusion and anxiety for both.

Prior to it being published in Psychology Today - I'll place a copy where it belongs - Reports of Distinction.

This is a must read for anyone who has or who wishes to venture into greater Slavonia. "Where men are men, and women are afraid".

Piper1
09-28-06, 14:56
DOC, you really should write a book on how to deal with EE girls.
It would be an extremely useful guide for all of us. For my part, I would be the first buyer of this bible!!:-))I agree. Doc Skank is one of the best posters in ISG, with a lot of great insights into the psyche of WGs, non-WGs and mongers (which applies universally - not only in Slavic countries). Importantly, he has good insight into himself. And he has a book-full of great experiences. I'd buy the book too.

Big Bro AJ
09-28-06, 15:19
GOD BLESS RUSSIAN BABES

Himself
10-04-06, 00:14
I can agree fully to Doc's report on the above topic. However, I think that Doc overlooked one important point, although he touched it at the end of his post:

The girls look extreemly good and they spend a lot of efforts on this. They also expect their boy friends to do the same.

Once a many times freebee in Lvov explained to me (when I wanted to go to a disco in my jeans and sneakers as I would have done i West Europe): I want you to look good too. You are older than me and a foriegner. If you don't look good, my girl friends will think that I have you for comfort and money (which she also had me for, but the outside world should not think so).

And doc's point about being one step ahead and be able to lead is outmost important, speaking of experience, a russian/ukrainian girl friend is not your pal as a west european will be - she is your Lady!

HS

Bbois77
10-04-06, 09:51
Doc Skank................................one word..............................

MASTERFUL.....

PS I wish I knew this at 18!

Uke Boy
10-16-06, 13:07
About a month ago in the Kiev thread, we had a few posts about the local price of Viagra. Back then a 4-pack of 100 mg Viagra was about grivna 400.

I was out today and did a little shopping at the local "Farmaciti" branch and bought another 100 mg 4 pack.

The price has dropped dramatically to only 253 grivna!

Asiafun28
10-18-06, 11:39
Hi all,

As I previously posted I was stupid enough to fall for this SCAM AGENCY and book a escort who did not show up.

I gave the agency the benefit of the doubt when they contacted me and said it was a mistake and organised a different date but on further research across the web and the fact the agency has not responded to recent mails and their contact numbers are either engaged or false its time for me to admit I have beeen conned BIGTIME and warn all other mongers to the FRAUD.

NEVER PAY A DEPOSIT VIA WESTERN UNION

SEND A E_TICKET IF YOUR BOOK FLIGHTS FOR ESCORT

MAKE SURE THE PHONE NUMBERS WORK

THE SO CALLED MANAGER OF THIS AGENCY IS ANTON SAMOLOV

I URGE ALL MEMBERS TO POST TO ALL WEBSITES ESCORT LISTS AND REVIEW SITES TO GET THIS SCAM AGENCY BLACKLISTED (sorry for shouting, but I am very pissed about this)

I gave this "agency" every chance to prove me wrong but they have not.

I know this is not the must trustworthy hobby in the world but punters/escorts should not have to put up with these kind of people.

We all learn by our mistakes and I have learned a pretty expensive lesson but I am going to do my best to make sure others are not caught by these thiefs and that the money the conned off me will have to go towards a new website after their existing one is hopefully shut down!!!

Apologises to Kievmaster for doubting his experience

Uke Boy
10-18-06, 18:05
AsiaFun and All Others,

Having been here for a very long time, and posting in the Ukraine forum many times, a permanent note to everyone who has anything to do with Ukraine, with ladies, with business, with anything.

DO NOT PREPAY ANYTHING, IT IS A COUNTRY OF LIARS, THIEVES, CHARLATANS AND FRAUDSTERS

If you do not reside here full time and deal with Ukraine only or mostly from abroad, be very careful and always assume that you will be conned. Even the locals here assume this as well in many transactions so why should you not do the same?

Capitalism is not at work here, it is pure "banditism". Simply put, robbery, especially of foreigners, is an acceptable way of doing business.

Laws do not work here for the benefit of anyone except those who have done the stealing beginning at the top and working its way down. The worst criminal organization here is Parliament!

The rant and the warning being said, I would not leave for the time being. The local ladies are a wonder to behold but it is best sampled here on a daily basis. The smorgasbord of lovelies is such a groaning board that I could and will certainly die happy.

But at no time do I ever prepay and certainly I never overpay.

Bez Bezarra
10-18-06, 21:52
Ukraine IS A COUNTRY OF LIARS, THIEVES, CHARLATANS AND FRAUDSTERS

But at no time do I ever prepay.

Can you please clarify this?

If a dyev comes to you from any agency that you called and
requires that you sponsor her (or the agent who brings her) when
she arrives at your flat before anything begins, do you never
agree to that?

For first time meetings from agencies, they seem to require
dengi first, 100% of the time. Its only if a second meeting
without the agent involved happens that they don't. And if the
agent brings the dyev, it doesn't matter if its the second or
the tenth time, they still ALWAYS require hrivna first.

Sporadic
10-19-06, 00:27
Uke boy, while I defer to your local insight, I would not be so harsh.

Kiev, like any city, has it´s share of scammers (particularly those involved in our hobby) but to paint the entire city / country the way you did is unfair IMHO.

I liked Kiev, and with just a little caution, never ran into any problems (beyond overpriced taxis, what can you do?) at all. YMMV, but I hate to think people could be scared off from this lovely city, and the very lovely ladies who populate it.

Uke Boy
10-19-06, 06:41
Sporadic,

Unfortunately, I AM being kind. In too many ways, to exist here you almost have to be a scammer as a local. To live very well you almost have to be a thief or a bandit. And this is not my opinion but the opinion of locals. I am mostly conveying the thoughts and opinions of locals and I do agree with these sentiments. I know of too many people who have been robbed and scammed under local so-called laws, it turned out that it was "legal" - the courts here are another matter, judges are the worst prostitutes, purchased by the highest bidder.

If you just come in as a tourist, there are no problems. But don't send money to anyone here unless you know them very well and even then, you should think twice.

Bez,

Sorry but my rant was a rant.

As a rule when I visit a lady for the first time, or she visits me, unless she asks first, I never pay until we have finished. However, in those cases where there is a gorilla sitting in a car, I do pay beforehand but that also means I have the lady in hand.

What should not be prepaid is anything sight unseen such as Asiafun's hope of having ladies sent abroad or to another city. You will not see your lady and the money will never be returned.

Make sure the lady is already in front of you when you pay. That way there is no issue except the quality of the service but that is another story.

Himself
10-22-06, 10:34
This is a link to an article about woman trafficing from UA to UK:

http://www.korrespondent.net/main/155516/

As per the article the wimen are for sale at the coffee shop in the arrival hall at Gatwick! ,and about 5000 are working forced in the UK.

HS

Tommasini
10-24-06, 14:55
I will be traveling to Kiev and Odessa this Christmas for vacation and potential pleasures. I am slowly becoming better at speaking Russian, but only in limited phrases and general statements? I am considering purchase of an electronic translator as a back up? Have any of you had success with these, and can you recommend any specific brands?

Spacibo bolshoi!

Tommasini

Himself
10-24-06, 21:58
No doubt that your target group is increased a lot if you speak some Russian. I came across this which could be of interest:

http://www.byki.com/

HS

Sevastopol1
10-25-06, 14:20
Have to agree here, lived in Ukraine for 15 months now, believe me guys I employ a few locals here (on construction sites), I struggle to get good non-liars, to be honest you boys stand no chance of not getting ripped off! But! if your keen persevere and accept the risks and the end result, which can be v. good! Enjoy while you can.

Unfortunately, I AM being kind. In too many ways, to exist here you almost have to be a scammer as a local. To live very well you almost have to be a thief or a bandit. And this is not my opinion but the opinion of locals. I am mostly conveying the thoughts and opinions of locals and I do agree with these sentiments. I know of too many people who have been robbed and scammed under local so-called laws, it turned out that it was "legal" - the courts here are another matter, judges are the worst prostitutes, purchased by the highest bidder.

If you just come in as a tourist, there are no problems. But don't send money to anyone here unless you know them very well and even then, you should think twice.

Bez,

Sorry but my rant was a rant.

As a rule when I visit a lady for the first time, or she visits me, unless she asks first, I never pay until we have finished. However, in those cases where there is a gorilla sitting in a car, I do pay beforehand but that also means I have the lady in hand.

What should not be prepaid is anything sight unseen such as Asiafun's hope of having ladies sent abroad or to another city. You will not see your lady and the money will never be returned.

Make sure the lady is already in front of you when you pay. That way there is no issue except the quality of the service but that is another story.[/QUOTE]

It Travel
10-31-06, 09:14
I do not know who, but somebody PM me on Cialis Viagra in Ukraine, so I just post a link here on a report...

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=518241&postcount=1030

Next time I'll try Levitra too...

Usually all three V, C and L are avaliable in all pharmacies with no prescription, the price is approx standard top dose 4 box tablet from 350 to 500 Grivna deopending on the shop.. If you are at a luxury hotel shop (never been) It will be more expencive.

IT

El Cubanito
11-03-06, 16:23
I would like to go to the Ukraine to get some Ukrainian action. But by reading here it seem that all of the acton is dead in this ocuntry. Can someboy help a newbie who would go to this Country. I have been to Cuba, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Mexico and Colombia. Where can one go to get action in this country? Is Kiev a good place to start? Where in Kiev? I am biligual in Spanish and English. I know very minimal Russian. Any help guys would be much appreciated.

El Cubanito