PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

Albert9989
12-17-20, 20:47
Not only Malaria, which you definitly catch. Add on Dengue fever where there is no treatment. Plus the Bubonic plague pops up again and again and if you eat salad you can be assured to catch Dysentery. And as Tinte. The experienced vistor. Is afraid of: all the criminals on the road will find you as vahaza. Rest assured.

Stay back home. Leave that rotten island to "les legionnaires..I will add a small detail, bubonic plague kills you after several days, so you can have some time to reach a good medical place for treatment, but there is also in mada the pneumonic plague.

This one kills you in 24 to 72 hours, si knowing the difficulty to travel inside mada, it's a bit more difficult to stay alive.

Nice country.

Tinte
12-17-20, 20:47
Thats for us not a real Problem. Just take the Medicine. Cure with you. 20 bucks. In case you get the symptoms. Friend of mine hat it 4 times.

Jes, I got the shits, diarrhea. Because of a sandwich in LE glacier on my last day. I lost 5 Kilos: just perfect!!

Yes, there is this and that, but I had the weeks holidays of my life so far and could not complain bevor.

Tinte / black ink.

Mudrakarma
12-17-20, 23:34
Oh boy, I do hope Sept / Oct is overly pessimistic my friend. I am hoping for closer to April / May / June. And then we will all end up there at the same time, like a damn bursting, and be competing for all the desperate ampella soa that miss us all so much. LOL.Your word in my ear! April / May / June is pretty optimistic, do you think that mada will be up so quickly given the European situation?

I mean, NB would not be enough to go to mada, the whole country has to be open to me.

Mudra.

Member #4673
12-18-20, 05:43
I am hoping for closer to April / May / June.If you get the Moderna's / Pfizer's which already being rolled out you get to any country and travel free white the certificate with no Testing.

So the actual traveling date is depend of own your country rolling vacassine progress.

Muzungufotsy
12-18-20, 14:43
Your word in my ear! April / May / June is pretty optimistic, do you think that mada will be up so quickly given the European situation?

I mean, NB would not be enough to go to mada, the whole country has to be open to me.

Mudra.Considering that 40% of Malagasy people had covid already it shouldn't be long until they have collective immunity.

SouthEaster
12-18-20, 18:36
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Mudrakarma
12-18-20, 23:52
If you get the Moderna's / Pfizer's which already being rolled out you get to any country and travel free white the certificate with no Testing.

So the actual traveling date is depend of own your country rolling vacassine progress.Firstly you need two vaccinations; second is the rollout still poor, third, while not clear whether you can be contagious, despite vaccination, it will be difficult.

Mudrakarma
12-19-20, 00:01
Considering that 40% of Malagasy people had covid already it shouldn't be long until they have collective immunity.You need about 70% for herd immunity and if you want to achieve that the rest is dead.

Forget that, you can only reach it with the vaccine but unfortunately mada does not have this priority as do other African countries.

The north is buying up the market, China will probably serve this market with even more influence in the region. Sad!

Mudra.

Tinte
12-19-20, 06:48
No question when the border is open and the first tourists will go in again, there will bee a huge desperat market awaiting cash. Paradiese?

One will bee faced with all sorts of new post corona situation, infrastructure. Besides especially the people mind. What will tose think of you wiche you are not trading with? Despite your health certificate? For some you might bee just a health threat.

Looking forward for the April post here. Good news I hope!

Tinte / Black ink.

Mudrakarma
12-19-20, 16:37
No question when the border is open and the first tourists will go in again, there will bee a huge desperat market awaiting cash. Paradiese?

One will bee faced with all sorts of new post corona situation, infrastructure. Besides especially the people mind. What will tose think of you wiche you are not trading with? Despite your health certificate? For some you might bee just a health threat.

Looking forward for the April post here. Good news I hope!

Tinte / Black ink.Anybody there for situation updates?

Mudra.

Tinte
12-19-20, 21:38
Saw a video today, very reliable.

It was said that Mada is going a good way back to normal. All across the country there were not abnormal numbers of funerals observed. In a country were it is a big thing. The fast majority being rather jung, the society did not get hit hard.

According to scientists it was also said that 40 % had it. Domestic flights slowly on the increase, travel-restrictions on mainland get lifted.

Masks are still mandatory but almost nobody wears them anymore.

Sounds promising!

Tinte / Black Ink.

StarGazer101
12-20-20, 10:38
Yesterday afternoon I arrived to Nosy Be. It has been a mixed bag, but I am enjoying my vacation so far.

It felt like it took forever to get out of the airport:

- Show proof of negative PCR-test on steps from aircraft.

- Disinfection station, where you get sprayed by something inside a special made cubicle.

- Passport control.

- Visa on arrival, costs 35€ and you must have cash.

- Queue to pay for PCR Covid test.

- Wait in line to take PCR Covid test.

And filling out what seems to be a gazillion different forms (or virtually identical) for each of the above. As well as being shouted at by border police for not having written down phone number to hotel on the side of a paper which says nothing about phone number.

The above things overall where manageable. Luckily I had exactly €35 in cash with me (left over from a trip to Germany). Not sure what would have happened if I was without cash. There is no way to get cash at the airport. This lead to some serious problems when I needed to pay 100 k Airary for the Covid test. A very helpful, English speaking, security guard promptly found me a taxi driver who fronted me the 100 k. At this time the lines where very very long for both paying for the test and getting tested. Luckily my friendly security guard promptly brought me to the front of the lines. As "reward" I gave him the only cash I had on me, a Swedish 200 bill (just under €20) which I hope he can convert for his troubles.

When I arrived at the hotel they tried to pull a fast one on me. I got a room with no sea view and no TV, even though those things where clearly stated on by booking. Fortunately I had print outs (in French and English) of my booking and they gave me another room which is up to the specifications. One annoying thing is that the safe has a key not a code, which means I have to find a safe place to hide the key when I have a girl in my room overnight. Breakfast is supposed to be included, but since the hotel doesn't have a restaurant I'm not sure how they will arrange that.

As a mixed blessing there was an English speaking local guy sitting outside the hotel when I arrived. This guide has helped me with some stuff, including finder a spinner with an average looking friend for company. He's been asking a bit much for his services though.

And now for what everyone has been waiting for. The girls. My guide asked me what kind of girls I like. I told him "slim, firm tits, NOT a big ass". Shortly after he had produced a 20-25 year old spinner named Vanessa (I hope it's ok to put first name here, since there are no pics and I'm guessing she's not the only one in Nosy calling herself Vanessa). She had with her an average looking friend. I promptly brought them to my room for some fun Vanessa has a killer body and was very enthusiastic with a decent BBBJ, some tentative rimming. Ass only available for fingering, but I'm working on that. Her friend was disinterested with semi-sagging tits and a wide booty, not at all to my liking. Sadly none of the girls speak any English.

After my tumble with the girls we went out drinking together with the guide. Vanessa was really affectionate and smiling. I called it an early night (before 10) a brought Vanessa back to my room for the night. Her pouty, boring, average-looking friend I left behind. Today we slept in and at the moment Vanessa is away at the hair dresser. It seems it can be a good girlfriend experience for me, if I choose to keep her around.

I have not yet attained my Malagasy SIM. But when I have that I will get the contact information from my guide. If anyone wants to know how to contact him, send me a PM and I'll provide the information.

Advice and pointers:

Bring cash.

- At airport you have to pay for Visa (€35) and Covid PCR test (100 k Airary). And there is NO way to get cash at airport.

ATM: s in Ambatoaloka.

- ATM next to big pharmacy does not accept MasterCard, only VISA.

- ATM across from Ambatoaloka hotel accepts both cards.

And finally I am really annoyed that my new Chromebook doesn't have a delete key, I have to press alt+backspace for delete. Not as horrible as Lenovo moving the ctrl-button, but still extremely annoying.

Tavares
12-20-20, 16:22
Yesterday afternoon I arrived to Nosy Be. It has been a mixed bag, but I am enjoying my vacation so far.

- Disinfection station, where you get sprayed by something inside a special made cubicle.

- Passport control.

- Visa on arrival, costs 35 and you must have cash.

- Wait in line to take PCR Covid test.

And filling out what seems to be a gazillion different forms (or virtually identical) for each of the above. As well as being shouted at by border police for not having written down phone number to hotel on the side of a paper which says nothing about phone number.

The above things overall where manageable. Luckily I had exactly 35 in cash with me (left over from a trip to Germany). Not sure what would have happened if I was without cash. There is no way to get cash at the airport. This lead to some serious problems when I needed to pay 100 k Airary for the Covid test. A very helpful, English speaking, security guard promptly found me a taxi driver who fronted me the 100 k. At this time the lines where very very long for both paying for the test and getting tested. Luckily my friendly security guard promptly brought me to the front of the lines. As "reward" I gave him the only cash I had on me, a Swedish 200 bill (just under 20) which I hope he can convert for his troubles.

When I arrived at the hotel they tried to pull a fast one on me. I got a room with no sea view and no TV, even though those things where clearly stated on by booking. Fortunately I had print outs (in French and English) of my booking and they gave me another room which is up to the specifications. One annoying thing is that the safe has a key not a code, which means I have to find a safe place to hide the key when I have a girl in my room overnight. Breakfast is supposed to be included, but since the hotel doesn't have a restaurant I'm not sure how they will arrange that.

As a mixed blessing there was an English speaking local guy sitting outside the hotel when I arrived. This guide has helped me with some stuff, including finder a spinner with an average looking friend for company. He's been asking a bit much for his services though.

And now for what everyone has been waiting for. The girls. My guide asked me what kind of girls I like. I told him "slim, firm tits, NOT a big ass". Shortly after he had produced a 20-25 year old spinner named Vanessa (I hope it's ok to put first name here, since there are no pics and I'm guessing she's not the only one in Nosy calling herself Vanessa). She had with her an average looking friend. I promptly brought them to my room for some fun Vanessa has a killer body and was very enthusiastic with a decent BBBJ, some tentative rimming. Ass only available for fingering, but I'm working on that. Her friend was disinterested with semi-sagging tits and a wide booty, not at all to my liking. Sadly none of the girls speak any English.

After my tumble with the girls we went out drinking together with the guide. Vanessa was really affectionate and smiling. I called it an early night (before 10) a brought Vanessa back to my room for the night. Her pouty, boring, average-looking friend I left behind. Today we slept in and at the moment Vanessa is away at the hair dresser. It seems it can be a good girlfriend experience for me, if I choose to keep her around.

I have not yet attained my Malagasy SIM. But when I have that I will get the contact information from my guide. If anyone wants to know how to contact him, send me a PM and I'll provide the information.

Advice and pointers:

Bring cash.

- At airport you have to pay for Visa (35) and Covid PCR test (100 k Airary). And there is NO way to get cash at airport.

ATM: s in Ambatoaloka.

- ATM next to big pharmacy does not accept MasterCard, only VISA.

- ATM across from Ambatoaloka hotel accepts both cards.

And finally I am really annoyed that my new Chromebook doesn't have a delete key, I have to press alt+backspace for delete. Not as horrible as Lenovo moving the ctrl-button, but still extremely annoying.Thanks Stargazer for yr very helpful report. Keep on the good work and if possible photos, girls' but also views.

Mudrakarma
12-20-20, 18:04

- Passport control.

- Visa on arrival, costs 35 and you must have cash.

- Wait in line to take PCR Covid test.Thank you for your detailed report. I don't know if I would do that to myself at the moment, and you can only move in NB, right?

In any case, I'll wait until all of Mada is open, which will take even longer.

Amadeuss
12-20-20, 21:29
And finally I am really annoyed that my new Chromebook doesn't have a delete key, I have to press alt+backspace for delete. Not as horrible as Lenovo moving the ctrl-button, but still extremely annoying.You deserve it to be taken for a ride. If you had read the very helpful reports from other members you should know that:

1 - Its a french speaking country. Non French speaking travellers will get scammed. And I don't pity them! Fxxk off.

2 - Its a third world country. What the heck you need chromebook there.

Mudrakarma
12-21-20, 00:57
You deserve it to be taken for a ride. If you had read the very helpful reports from other members you should know that:

1 - Its a french speaking country. Non French speaking travellers will get scammed. And I don't pity them! Fxxk off.

2 - Its a third world country. What the heck you need chromebook there.So you are a fluent French speaking Austrian, congratulations!

BTW. A Samsung galaxy tab S7 is more recommendable?

Ask for a friend.

Mudra.

Tinte
12-21-20, 08:24
Thanks for your first report. I wish you joyful times in Mada. Looking forward to your next reports.

Tinte / Black ink.

StarGazer101
12-21-20, 08:52
You deserve it to be taken for a ride. If you had read the very helpful reports from other members you should know that:

2 - Its a third world country. What the heck you need chromebook there.Most travellers gets scammed the first time they go to a new unfamiliar (non-western) country. Being scammed (to a limit) and figuring out how to avoid it in the future is part of the adventure. Only going places where you know everything will be honkey dorey is boring. I know Mada is a French speaking country, but money talks.

There's is this invention called WiFi that is available at hotels, among other places, if you did not know that.

Member #4673
12-21-20, 14:29
Mada is a French speaking country, but money talks.Absolutely, Always people will jealous and talk shit just ignore. So less you read the forum better experience you got as you find your own path and discover new things. Now for leptop I always take full size laptop plus tablet and two phones. I do video and photo editing when I shoot girls also use it for work.

Mudrakarma
12-21-20, 22:17
Most travellers gets scammed the first time they go to a new unfamiliar (non-western) country. Being scammed (to a limit) and figuring out how to avoid it in the future is part of the adventure. Only going places where you know everything will be honkey dorey is boring. I know Mada is a French speaking country, but money talks.

There's is this invention called WiFi that is available at hotels, among other places, if you did not know that.You are absolutely right, only people who move within their world of experience make fewer mistakes.

My attraction to traveling is not to do just that. Discovering destinations that are not yet known to me is certainly more challenging, although I like to return to familiar worlds in between.

And yes, even in remote Himalayan areas in bad weather, it is nice to watch saved Netflix films.

Mudra.

Tinte
12-21-20, 23:31
Keep the good spirit up! Yes.

Tinte / black ink.

LuddeBoy
12-22-20, 04:30
Yesterday afternoon I arrived to Nosy Be. It has been a mixed bag, but I am enjoying my vacation so far.Thanks for your report. I can't wait for the whole Island to open up again then I'll be on the first plane there. It will be the first time for me in an African country, I speak no French so I guess I will be taken for a ride sometimes too but you learn from your mistakes. Hoping for some more reports and photos if possible haha.

StarGazer101
12-22-20, 12:35
My guide is on the greedy side, I think, but that is not unexpected. The first day he asked for 60 k for showing me around and procuring the two girls. That was fine with me. On the afternoon of my second day I was sitting on the balcony when he spotted me from the street below. He, knowing the doorman, speedily joins me on the balcony asking for a beer and a smoke (no surprise and perfectly alright). Immediately he starts talking about this bar that I "have to" see. I tell him I'm fine where I am relaxing with my beer, music and book. He goes on about the bar for a while until he spots two girls he knows on the street. They join us and I get them drinks as well (none of the girls were to my taste). When they realize I'm not interested they leave and I agree to follow my guide to this bar that's supposedly amazing. Of course it turns out to be just another beach side bar, as I had expected. Also, as expected, he orders drinks for us (which is fine with me). After a while it starts to rain, a lot, and a large group of people takes shelter at some tables close by. Guide tells me they are his friends and that he would appreciate it if I would buy them some beer. Since it looks like a family gathering I agree and order a few large bottles for them. Not one of them even turns over to wave or say thanks, which is rude but no biggie. A while later he walks me back to my hotel 2-3 minutes away and he asks for 40 k for showing me the bar! I tell him no way he'll get 40 k and that he should be happy for me getting drinks for his friends. After some whining from him about being hungry and other woes (I guess impressing friends with beer was more important than eating) I gave him 10 k and all was fine. Perhaps I shouldn't have given him anything, but we were standing on the street with people who clearly know him within hearing distance and I think it was important to let him save face with them. When I ran into him in the evening everything was fine. And today I asked him to look for a nice Christmas party.

Midday and afternoon sun is murdering hot. So far it has been raining in late afternoon and / or early evening. That is actually great, since the air is cooler and fresh afterwards. Me and my girl have hit the beach just after 7 in the mornings, and until the heat really rolls in sometime after 11 it's awesome. Tomorrow we will go to the famous double-island Nosy Iranja. It's supposed to be an all-inclusive trip (we'll see about that) costing 200 k for me and 100 k for bringing my girl.

In my next report I will describe my exciting days so far (relaxing on the beach).

As usual clothes, drinks, food and trinkets all add up to more than the actual fee paid to the girl while enjoying a GFE. More on that subject in my next report.

Finally I would like to clarify something in my previous report.

The Euro symbols didn't show. Visa on arrival is 35 Euros and I slipped the guard equivalent to 20 Euros.

SouthEaster
12-22-20, 21:28
SG, after reading your latest I am afraid you may have given poor Amadeuss a coronary with your free spending ways! Hopefully you will gain enough knowledge and confidence to do away with these greedy fuckers. I almost never engage these sorts unless I am downright desperate.

It is also amusing that perhaps the cheapest guy to ever post here supports you. In any case, it's your dough. Have fun and kick the greedy ones to the curb.

Mudrakarma
12-22-20, 21:42
...... A while later he walks me back to my hotel 2-3 minutes away and he asks for 40 k for showing me the bar! I tell him no way he'll get 40 k and that he should be happy for me getting drinks for his friends......Thanks again for the report, but be careful that the guy doesn't rip you off! He will have more and more friends who want something from you.

I know that from India, if you give them a finger they want the whole hand. It's better to say goodbye to the guy in a friendly but firm manner, I never needed an agent to have fun.

Amadeuss
12-22-20, 22:54
Visa on arrival is ... and I slipped the guard equivalent to 20 Euros.Bribing someone in Mada you don't know is a double sword. But it shows your state of mind. For Malgache their pride is one of the few things they own. And hurting it will have serious consequences.

Golfinho
12-22-20, 23:12
In my next report I will describe my exciting days so far (relaxing on the beach).
As usual clothes, drinks, food and trinkets all add up to more than the actual fee paid to the girl while enjoying a GFE. More on that subject in my next report.
The Euro symbols didn't show. Visa on arrival is 35 Euros and I slipped the guard equivalent to 20 Euros.Everyone here who's spent appreciable time in the country is all-too-familiar with the exciting and relaxing days you're going on about. Take care that you're not so lonely you neglect to define and keep your space and boundaries with some of these people, so you don't forget they live in desperate poverty, otherwise you will become a candidate to be robbed and rolled.

Neddy69
12-23-20, 06:57
For me its clear. I never ever use a guide. What for? If you RTFF all it takes take a stroll through Ambatoloaka any time of day to find chicas. But I have the luxury of time to explore everything myself. As several guys here pointed out already. Next time you going to find yourself surrounded by some guys with knives relieving you of your valuables. I have only girlfriends in Africa. What for I need a pimp of all places in Mada is a mystery to me.

La Buse.
Who knows every brothel in Sinza now.

Muzungufotsy
12-23-20, 07:51
The Euro symbols didn't show. Visa on arrival is 35 Euros and I slipped the guard equivalent to 20 Euros.Why giving 1 month salary to a guard for nothing? This is just f. G ridiculous. You are obviously not ready to be here. I give you a few days before you get robbed or more considering the way you splash money around for free. Who needs a pimp in mada seriously?

RangeLove
12-23-20, 12:13
My guide is on the greedy side, I think, but that is not unexpected. The first day he asked for 60 k for showing me around and procuring the two girls. That was fine with me. On the afternoon of my second day I was sitting on the balcony when he spotted me from the street below. He, knowing the doorman, speedily joins me on the balcony asking for a beer and a smoke (no surprise and perfectly alright). Immediately he starts talking about this bar that I "have to" see. I tell him I'm fine where I am relaxing with my beer, music and book. He goes on about the bar for a while until he spots two girls he knows on the street. They join us and I get them drinks as well (none of the girls were to my taste). When they realize I'm not interested they leave and I agree to follow my guide to this bar that's supposedly amazing. Of course it turns out to be just another beach side bar, as I had expected. Also, as expected, he orders drinks for us (which is fine with me). After a while it starts to rain, a lot, and a large group of people takes shelter at some tables close by. Guide tells me they are his friends and that he would appreciate it if I would buy them some beer. Since it looks like a family gathering I agree and order a few large bottles for them. Not one of them even turns over to wave or say thanks, which is rude but no biggie. A while later he walks me back to my hotel 2-3 minutes away and he asks for 40 k for showing me the bar! I tell him no way he'll get 40 k and that he should be happy for me getting drinks for his friends. After some whining from him about being hungry and other woes (I guess impressing friends with beer was more important than eating) I gave him 10 k and all was fine. Perhaps I shouldn't have given him anything, but we were standing on the street with people who clearly know him within hearing distance and I think it was important to let him save face with them. When I ran into him in the evening everything was fine. And today I asked him to look for a nice Christmas party.

Midday and afternoon sun is murdering hot. So far it has been raining in late afternoon and / or early evening. That is actually great, since the air is cooler and fresh afterwards. Me and my girl have hit the beach just after 7 in the mornings, and until the heat really rolls in sometime after 11 it's awesome. Tomorrow we will go to the famous double-island Nosy Iranja. It's supposed to be an all-inclusive trip (we'll see about that) costing 200 k for me and 100 k for bringing my girl.

The Euro symbols didn't show. Visa on arrival is 35 Euros and I slipped the guard equivalent to 20 Euros.Great report, StarGazer101 ! Thank you for the update.

I think you better ask your new girlfriend to bring some of her girlfriends back to you to have some fun together in a nice threesome or even more.

That's how I did when I was in Mada last time. Mada girls are very open minded for adventures with more than one girl.

Never ask male guides for help. They only cost you money.

StarGazer101
12-23-20, 14:55
Why giving 1 month salary to a guard for nothing? This is just f. G ridiculous. You are obviously not ready to be here. I give you a few days before you get robbed or more considering the way you splash money around for free. Who needs a pimp in mada seriously?As I wrote in my first report I told the guard that I had trouble because I didn't have any cash on me. He offered to find me a taxi driver who.

Would front me the money and then take me to ATM and hotel. I offered him the only actual money I had on me, a Swedish 200 note, after he had helped past the first long line of people waiting to pay for the test. I hardly call his services nothing and me giving him the money might be considered a bribe, but it happened after he had already helped me. I might get robbed, but the guide knows I go to the ATM each day which means he should know I don't carry a lot of cash. If my phone and computer gets stolen it would be a bummer for sure, but not really a big deal. I have also never strayed from the main bar and beach area, and I make sure I don't go away from the main street after dark.

StarGazer101
12-23-20, 17:44
Since there seem to be a few who think I should ditch and avoid the guide / pimp this report will be kind of a sidetrack. Reports, and maybe pictures, on girls will still be coming, don't worry about it.

My island trip was actually arranged by my guide. Price was the same as I have seen on several adverts by the roadside and one of the other guides (a stout female) tried to sell me the same trip for the same price the other day. He also told me that the price for bringing my local "girlfriend" would be half compared to what I would pay for myself. This he did without any questions or prompting from me. Everything was included as promised, except for alcoholic beverages on the beach. Water, soft drinks, snacks and fruit as well as a very nice lunch buffet. Buffet included fish, crab, shrimps, condiments as well as beer and soft drinks. My date and I also received a large plate of langoustines, which were not a part of the lunch for the group. Guide told me that he got us this because he had promised me langoustines on the trip. In fact it was only mentioned in passing while we talked about the destination the other day. He was very helpful and attentive the whole day and when we returned he neither asked for nor got any extra money.

When I asked for a good Christmas party he did not try to sell me on any of the numerous parties that are advertised for 50-200 k per person. Instead he suggested that I would pay for supermarket beer and produce that he and the hotel doorman would cook on the hotel balcony.

All-in-all I no longer have the impression that the guide is some kind of street hustler (I might still be proven wrong). When I go around anywhere with a guide who "knows everybody" and claims that he can arrange all sorts of things I do pay attention to which people seem to know him and how they behave. This guy always gets friendly smiles from a lot of people we pass by, including some definite French expats. He also warned me not to keep Vanessa's friend around as she shouldn't be trusted.

Vanessa asked for money the morning after our first night together. I asked her how much and she said "up to you". I gave her 40 k, she smiled and gave me a long wet kiss. Second day I left 40 k next to her phone, which she didn't touch until I told her it was for her. Next day I forgot to give her money, which she still haven't asked for even though I gave her money the following day.

Gilolo
12-31-20, 03:47
Since there seem to be a few who think I should ditch and avoid the guide / pimp this report will be kind of a sidetrack. Reports, and maybe pictures, on girls will still be coming, don't worry about it.

My island trip was actually arranged by my guide. Price was the same as I have seen on several adverts by the roadside and one of the other guides (a stout female) tried to sell me the same trip for the same price the other day. He also told me that the price for bringing my local "girlfriend" would be half compared to what I would pay for myself. This he did without any questions or prompting from me. Everything was included as promised, except for alcoholic beverages on the beach. Water, soft drinks, snacks and fruit as well as a very nice lunch buffet. Buffet included fish, crab, shrimps, condiments as well as beer and soft drinks. My date and I also received a large plate of langoustines, which were not a part of the lunch for the group. Guide told me that he got us this because he had promised me langoustines on the trip. In fact it was only mentioned in passing while we talked about the destination the other day. He was very helpful and attentive the whole day and when we returned he neither asked for nor got any extra money.

When I asked for a good Christmas party he did not try to sell me on any of the numerous parties that are advertised for 50-200 k per person. Instead he suggested that I would pay for supermarket beer and produce that he and the hotel doorman would cook on the hotel balcony..Hi,

It's very good to read you. Are you still in Madagascar now? Can we fly now to Madagascar from Europe. Is the country opened? Do we need to be in quarantine when we arrive? Do we need to show them a PCR TEST?

I was never in Madagascar, I'm used to go Thailand and Cambodia all the time for girls but right now it's impossible to go there unless we do a quarantine for 2 weeks. Where are you exactly? In Nosy Be? Is it a beautiful island? Is it the paradise? And what about girls? I love sexy young girls 18/25. Is it easy to find nice ladies?

I fucked hundreds of Thai and Cambodian girls! But I never fucked African girls! I was never in Africa and Madagascar! How much do you pay them? Please tell me the price for a high sexy girl! I really love sexy working girls! You have any pictures? Price is not a problem. I prefer to pay more and be with a high sexy girl.

Do you use condoms there? Or girls accept bareback easily?

Thanks.

Mudrakarma
12-31-20, 12:31
Hi,

It's very good to read you. Are you still in Madagascar now? Can we fly now to Madagascar from Europe. Is the country opened? Do we need to be in quarantine when we arrive? Do we need to show them a PCR TEST?

I was never in Madagascar, I'm used to go Thailand and Cambodia all the time for girls but right now it's impossible to go there unless we do a quarantine for 2 weeks. Where are you exactly? In Nosy Be? Is it a beautiful island? Is it the paradise? And what about girls? I love sexy young girls 18/25. Is it easy to find nice ladies?

I fucked hundreds of Thai and Cambodian girls! But I never fucked African girls! I was never in Africa and Madagascar! How much do you pay them? Please tell me the price for a high sexy girl! I really love sexy working girls! You have any pictures? Price is not a problem. I prefer to pay more and be with a high sexy girl.

Thanks.I think I'm the first to write RTFF today.

I'm also relatively new here, but I took the trouble to read back 2 years, yes it's hard work.

Mudra.

SouthEaster
12-31-20, 16:57
Gilolo,

Did you read a single post other than the last? Every single question you asked (all 16 of them) is in previous reports.

Tinte
12-31-20, 17:51
Nice to read that you have found your own way and enjoying your time in Mada. Keep on going like that.

Tinte / Black ink.

Amadeuss
12-31-20, 22:26
Hi,

Please tell me the price for a high sexy girl! I really love sexy working girls! You have any pictures? Price is not a problem. I prefer to pay more and be with a high sexy girl.

Thanks.The typical price is 100 Euro. but they will refuse without condom. Most pro girls will insist, if they see that you are a rich frequent fucker, to use 2 condoms. And no BJ.

If you fuck an innocent girl without condom, she will insist next morning to visit her family and getting married. If not, its a "FADY" and she will come back with all of her brothers and neighbours for revenge. If you check reports 2 years ago you will read about the 2 french guys who got beaten up and burned at the beach of Nosy Be before police could stop the crowd. But then it was too late.

So, watch your back. Better stay 2021 in Pattaya.

Gilolo
01-01-21, 14:15
The typical price is 100 Euro. but they will refuse without condom. Most pro girls will insist, if they see that you are a rich frequent fucker, to use 2 condoms. And no BJ.

If you fuck an innocent girl without condom, she will insist next morning to visit her family and getting married. If not, its a "FADY" and she will come back with all of her brothers and neighbours for revenge. If you check reports 2 years ago you will read about the 2 french guys who got beaten up and burned at the beach of Nosy Be before police could stop the crowd. But then it was too late.

So, watch your back. Better stay 2021 in Pattaya.Well I'm really surprised by what you say! I'm used to fuck bareback all the time! I'm not horny with condoms! Usually I give tip if girls want condoms and the problem is fixed! I'll do same in Madagascar!

100 Euros is fine if the girl is really sexy! Usually on holidays, I spend about 300 per day!

Do you know the best places to find sexy ladies in Madagascar?

Pokeris
01-01-21, 18:43
Well I'm really surprised by what you say! I'm used to fuck bareback all the time! I'm not horny with condoms! Usually I give tip if girls want condoms and the problem is fixed! I'll do same in Madagascar!

100 Euros is fine if the girl is really sexy! Usually on holidays, I spend about 300 per day!

Do you know the best places to find sexy ladies in Madagascar?People make fun on you but you even to silly to realise it. Like somebody said if your invest some time to read this forum back 30-50 pages you will find all answers and 100 euros for all night for girls can become 8-12 euros easy, later you can said thanks for everyone for good advices and helping to save you a lot of money and not look silly anymore.

Jazzy Daddy
01-02-21, 00:12
When I was with Pokeris last year in Mada he was burning through 3 to 4 girls a day at the price he's talking about. RTFF!

LuddeBoy
01-02-21, 06:30
Why giving 1 month salary to a guard for nothing? This is just f. G ridiculous. You are obviously not ready to be here. I give you a few days before you get robbed or more considering the way you splash money around for free. Who needs a pimp in mada seriously?And who are you to decide if he's ready or not? It's his first time in Mada, I never been there myself but we all have been newbies in some country sometime overpaying. Ok maybe not all of us but most of us at some point. We learn and wise up and if I got put in front of a big line like that and having someone helping me find a guy who front me the cash for the test I would gladly part with my 200 kronor bill as well, no biggie.

Sure Africa might be different and as you say splashing too much might get you in trouble but I haven't seen him splashing around anything in his other reports. Unless you call buying his guides friends some beers splashing. I enjoy reading this forum but sometimes it seems guys here gets so offended if another guy spends more than normal or use a guide where he might not necessarily need one. Just fking relax and let him enjoy his vacation. Skl!

LuddeBoy
01-02-21, 06:40
Hi,

Thanks.At least read a few pages back before you ask questions like that. As someone else already commented everything you ask have been answered before but the most stupid question that people always seem to ask is how much is the price for a good looking girl. Do you think they all have a set price or what? You claim to have fucked hundreds of Thai's and Cambodians but it looks more like you never been mongering before with questions like that. No offense and good luck if you decide to take the plunge!

Tinte
01-02-21, 09:55
Prior to my visit on the Ile Rouge I read about the hole thread. So I would suggest to others as it is very entertaining too.

Meanwhile I was six times to Kenya and a few other places in Africa.

A well prepared " Legionnaire " I felt.

And yes, reactions to my " Fleure de Banane " got me speechless. Take it easy: mora mora!

Tinte / black Ink.

LuddeBoy
01-03-21, 04:34

When I asked for a good Christmas party he did not try to sell me on any of the numerous parties that are advertised for 50-200 k per person. Instead he suggested that I would pay for supermarket beer and produce that he and the hotel doorman would cook on the hotel balcony..Don't care about people bashing you for using a guide / pimp or giving a tip to a helpful guard. Just hope you are enjoying your vacation and I'm looking forward to more reports!

Mudrakarma
01-07-21, 14:05
Don't care about people bashing you for using a guide / pimp or giving a tip to a helpful guard. Just hope you are enjoying your vacation and I'm looking forward to more reports!The so called helpful guards are very often just hawkers, maybe not in this case.

Mudra.

John Clayton
01-09-21, 01:43
This is not a report. I'm just recommending Andrea Lee's excellent short story "The Rivals" in the current New Yorker. It's about two aged Italian vazaha fighting for the affection of a duplicitous Malagasy woman on a fictionalized Nosy Be. An amusing mental escape in this plague year.

SonicBoom1
01-20-21, 18:20
This is not a report. I'm just recommending Andrea Lee's excellent short story "The Rivals" in the current New Yorker. It's about two aged Italian vazaha fighting for the affection of a duplicitous Malagasy woman on a fictionalized Nosy Be. An amusing mental escape in this plague year.Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed reading the story.

AttilaTheHun
01-24-21, 16:45
This is not a report. I'm just recommending a video of Miss Madagascar, Nosy Be. She looks yummy in her two-piece. https://youtu.be/lXoBhvt9FAs.

Tavares
01-24-21, 17:29
This is not a report. I'm just recommending a video of Miss Madagascar, Nosy Be. She looks yummy in her two-piece. https://youtu.be/lXoBhvt9FAs.The beaches and the turquoise blue sea are really nice! Thanks for sharing.

Tinte
01-24-21, 18:23
This is not a report. I'm just recommending a video of Miss Madagascar, Nosy Be. She looks yummy in her two-piece. https://youtu.be/lXoBhvt9FAs.Makes me think how jung she is? Take a guess!

Miss Mada 2020 by the way is 2 years junger - 18 !

Tinte / Black ink.

Mudrakarma
01-26-21, 16:48
This is not a report. I'm just recommending a video of Miss Madagascar, Nosy Be. She looks yummy in her two-piece. https://youtu.be/lXoBhvt9FAs.Thanks for the share, can't wait getting there.

Bienenstich
02-05-21, 20:01
Would you guys recommend Tamatve?

Its such a generic question but info is scarce or I can not find. Tamatve interests me the most out of all Africa options. I have never been to Africa, can speak only the most basic French and know ac and Pattaya.

I had in mind a few days Tana and the rest Tamatve instead of just Nosy be.

Nosy be seems to be the default option for mada but its such a remote place and this scares me off tbh. What makes this place stand out? Are the more ladies available? Is it the beach?

Tinte
02-05-21, 21:03
To me, I would highly recommend Tamatave!

First 2 nights in Tana, take the bus to Tamatave and stay there for 5 nights. Slowly strolling down the coast to Manakara, take a rest for 5 nights. Etc. Toliara. Ifaty.

But that's just me. RTFF.

I guess to you - just Tamatave ? No !

Never been there, will perhaps go there, on the bottom of my list. But to you I recommend Nosy be. For a start.

Tinte / Black ink.

SouthEaster
02-05-21, 21:38
The reason you hear a lot about Nosy be is for several reasons. It has the most tourist traffic, by which I mean tourists, not just travellers and mongers. One of the reasons I don't like it. It has the best infrastructure except for perhaps Tana. It is the easiest to get by in with little / no French and right now probably has more flights than Tana! And yes it has plenty of ladies, but so does the rest of the country. Don't be put off by it's remoteness. Everywhere in Mada is remote except Tamatave. In any case it is all moot because at the moment (unless there has been a change) you can't go anywhere else anyway.

How much time have you got? If it is limited you may find all you want in Tamatave and decide to just stay there. I don't know what Tinte is saying. Yes highly recommended and he has never been there. On the bottom of his list. Then it is just Tamatave, not for you? And forget about Manakara unless you have plenty of time. Takes ages to get to and out of and not a hell of a lot there when you do. Concentrate on a few major centres and fly if you have the means. And yes RTFF. Everything you want to know (well, almost) is there.

Neddy69
02-05-21, 21:51
Would you guys recommend Tamatve?

Its such a generic question but info is scarce or I can not find. Tamatve interests me the most out of all Africa options. I have never been to Africa, can speak only the most basic French and know ac and Pattaya.

I had in mind a few days Tana and the rest Tamatve instead of just Nosy be.

Nosy be seems to be the default option for mada but its such a remote place and this scares me off tbh. What makes this place stand out? Are the more ladies available? Is it the beach?Do you have a problem with eyesight? There is Hundreds of posts about Tamatave or Toamasina as it's called also. Use the search function and type in TAMATAVE.

I hope the post was helpful.

La Buse.

Mudrakarma
02-05-21, 21:59
To me, I would highly recommend Tamatave!

First 2 nights in Tana, take the bus to Tamatave and stay there for 5 nights. Slowly strolling down the coast to Manakara, take a rest for 5 nights. Etc. Toliara. Ifaty.

But that's just me. RTFF.

I guess to you - just Tamatave ? No !

Never been there, will perhaps go there, on the bottom of my list. But to you I recommend Nosy be. For a start.

Tinte / Black ink.Sounds good, how is the road from Tamatave to Manakara? From there the train to Fiana (if it is working) and down to Toliara.

Mudra.

Tinte
02-06-21, 08:47
From Tamatave to Manakara. Taxi brousse. Parts can bee done on the canal de Panganale. So I will try, some rather remote places to discover. Take a guide or stay around other tourists with a guide. Up to the Legionnaires experience and bravery.

Last time- different route. I got in contact with a coal lorry driver for some beer I did on section with that.

Jes Manakara / Fiana. The train. As I did last time, but taxi is also operating on a good rout. Made a stop in Ranomafana for the forest.

Look always for entertaining options. But use your common sense or they chop you up and will grill you!

Tinte / Black ink.

Dodochen
02-06-21, 12:17
For me is the big question "how will the scene change after corona in tamatave, tana, tulear and so on".

I want to make my first trip at this moment where the conditions are mostly normal. But what will be the change?

Mudrakarma
02-06-21, 17:31
Look always for entertaining options. But use your common sense or they chop you up and will grill you!

Tinte / Black ink.True, common sense is always important, whether in Africa or Asia or anywhere else in the djungel out there.

Tomasb
02-07-21, 02:36
Perhaps someone can elaborate on this story. I had read that these Frenchmen were incorrectly accused of abusing young children and a mob descended and attacked these two poor souls and killed and burned them to death before the police could intervene. Whether they had anything to do with kidnapping or harming children has never been clear but it appeared that this may have been a case of mistaken identity. Nevertheless, I never read about anyone being charged for this atrocity so not sure of the outcome. But it certainly gives one pause when considering to travel here. I have never been and would like to visit sometime to see the natural beauty and flora and fauna of this island. However, I am not terribly interest in the women there because the photos I have seen on these pages don't impress me that much. I think Asian girls are much prettier and perhaps a bit better educated as well. In this case, not being interested in mongering could be a blessing in disguise.

The typical price is 100 Euro. but they will refuse without condom. Most pro girls will insist, if they see that you are a rich frequent fucker, to use 2 condoms. And no BJ.

So, watch your back. Better stay 2021 in Pattaya.

Concarne
02-07-21, 06:51
This is not a report. I'm just recommending Andrea Lee's excellent short story "The Rivals" in the current New Yorker. It's about two aged Italian vazaha fighting for the affection of a duplicitous Malagasy woman on a fictionalized Nosy Be. An amusing mental escape in this plague year.Thanks for the rec! Nice read.

I missed my annual Mada trip due to covid last year. Not missing it again in 2021.

Cheers!

Concarne
02-07-21, 07:10
Hello fellows!

I have not been doing a lot of reporting of late. Letting the fresh new blood do that. LOL.

My buddies and I missed on our annual Mada trip last year. I am determined not to miss on it again this year.

Currently I am stationed in the USA and they are requiring COVID testing to get back. My question: what is the situation in Nosy regarding that? Easy to do? Is it the antigen or the RTPCR test? Does anyone know the turn around time and cost?

PM or thread response works for me.

Thank you. Hope to meet some of you some day. Beers on me!

CC

PS: I did go back in the forum a few months, if I missed the info my apologies.

Tinte
02-07-21, 10:46
Places change constantly anyway. Would it have been the same after one year with or without covid. No. My approach would bee different so as the outcome of it too.

Most of us depend more or less on a call it touristy infrastructure, will this now survive? It is this infrastructure wich was suffering for years anyway and kept some tourists away. By the way, it is often said that Mada is a cheap country. Thats only partly true, if you rely on that infrastructure, comforts, it can get very, very costly.

General desperation will lead to more crime.

I guess after all. Going there will bee even more challenging than bevor.

Tinte / Black ink.

Neddy69
02-07-21, 10:47
Perhaps someone can elaborate on this story. I had read that these Frenchmen were incorrectly accused of abusing young children and a mob descended and attacked these two poor souls and killed and burned them to death before the police could intervene. Whether they had anything to do with kidnapping or harming children has never been clear but it appeared that this may have been a case of mistaken identity. Nevertheless, I never read about anyone being charged for this atrocity so not sure of the outcome. But it certainly gives one pause when considering to travel here. I have never been and would like to visit sometime to see the natural beauty and flora and fauna of this island. However, I am not terribly interest in the women there because the photos I have seen on these pages don't impress me that much. I think Asian girls are much prettier and perhaps a bit better educated as well. In this case, not being interested in mongering could be a blessing in disguise.Don't go. Madagascar is dangerous. They lynch Vazaha on a regular basis. All you need is to be at the wrong place the wrong time and a tropical "paradise" turns into a nightmare. If you RTFF then you know why an Italian and a French resident were burned alive on the beach in Ambataloaka.

If you can't stomach that, better stay at home and watch National Geographic TV.

La Buse.

Lynchings are nothing special. Happens all over Africa on a regular basis. In Kenya if you're a caught thief usually you get a burning car tire around your neck.

Tinte
02-08-21, 15:01
In on remote village in the southeast I asked the chief about the still existence of cannibals, as I have heard rumors about it.

He had a good laugh and replied: Do not let them fool you Tinte, there is no more cannibals in this region! Actually we have eaten him, the last on of them the other Sunday with great delight as he was very tasty.

Tinte / Black ink.

Neddy69
02-08-21, 16:10
In on remote village in the southeast I asked the chief about the still existence of cannibals, as I have heard rumors about it.

He had a good laugh and replied: Do not let them fool you Tinte, there is no more cannibals in this region! Actually we have eaten him, the last on of them the other Sunday with great delight as he was very tasty.

Tinte / Black ink.To my knowledge there were never cannibals in Madagascar. But in south of Madagascar there is the Zone Rouge. This area is controlled by the Dahalo, traditional cattles rustlers who also plunder and kill the passengers passing through by Taxi Be. To this day. Cannibals you can still find mostly in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Why let the good meat of your enemies go to waste. LOL.

La Buse.

TonyMontanaaO7
02-08-21, 17:10
There is currently a famine in southern Madagascar. Hundreds of thousands are dependent on food aid because of a drought that has lasted for three years.

Tinte
02-09-21, 10:29
Just next to LE glacier is a square were at night they have tables, chairs and most more important food and drinks for sale. Small skewer with chicken, beef, liver and heart, spicy sauce rice and salad to go with. Most important cold beer and someone to practice La francaise. (LOL) It won't take long you are in company of all sorts. I spoke with a french expat in is 70 is. He said: bee generous! Do not waste your money. Definitely not. Do not play the cheap charly pretending you have little money, they are not stupid.

Back to the little beggars. I do not give any money for beggars as a general principle. I give sometimes a present or food. So the little on perhaps 8 years old asked for money. I refused and as he realized no money will come he started a " shadow box-fight " towards me.

What can you do as it gets on your nerves? You could easy snatch the little bugger as I would do at home. I would like to see the outcome of that in Tana!

Do not do it or I would assume you could end up in big trouble on the ground.

Instead - I just made a small remark to the patron and she made a sharp and clear intervention. Problem solved.

Someone who can not see beggars especially disabled ones. If you can not stomach, deal tragic situations etc. Stay at home! You can not easy achieve any good.

On does not need to bee a scientist to to see the dramatic disaster, especially on the nature. The real problem is the overpopulation. As everywhere.

Tinte / Black ink.

Beno69
02-10-21, 08:02
Tinte / Black ink.

Tinte is not just black ink. It's every colour.

Tinte
02-10-21, 09:53
Tinte is not just black ink. It's every colour.Nothing is as simpel it first appears. Black people are not black either likewise the white man. Colorful in every aspect on has to discover.

Tinte / Black ink.

Mudrakarma
02-12-21, 17:40

Tinte / Black ink.Thanks, this made my day.

Mudra.

Amadeuss
02-14-21, 08:29
There is currently a famine in southern Madagascar. Hundreds of thousands are dependent on food aid because of a drought that has lasted for three years.Montana had an estimated 1,357 experiencing homelessness on any given day. Take care of them first before you talk about something you not seen by yourself and not know the deeper problems in that country mate!

TailPipe
02-14-21, 18:18
From Tamatave to Manakara. Taxi brousse. Parts can bee done on the canal de Panganale. So I will try, some rather remote places to discover. Take a guide or stay around other tourists with a guide. Up to the Legionnaires experience and bravery.

Last time- different route. I got in contact with a coal lorry driver for some beer I did on section with that.

Jes Manakara / Fiana. The train. As I did last time, but taxi is also operating on a good rout. Made a stop in Ranomafana for the forest.

Tinte / Black ink.When did you take the road from Tamatave to Manakara? I know the map shows a 'road' but when I was in Manakara you could only take a taxi brousse for the first leg but a large part had to be done by pirogue

Tinte
02-15-21, 10:08
As I wrote in the original post, it would bee my route if I would go to Tamatave on my next trip. I have not been there but I would like to do so.

There are some interesting looking places on that way south. I guess the Panganales is nowadays only partly open , the northern part . The rest taxi brousse if possibel or walk -LOL .

Tinte / Black Ink.

Albert9989
02-15-21, 13:17
As I wrote in the original post, it would bee my route if I would go to Tamatave on my next trip. I have not been there but I would like to do so.

There are some interesting looking places on that way south. I guess the Panganales is nowadays only partly open , the northern part . The rest taxi brousse if possibel or walk -LOL .

Tinte / Black Ink.Be careful not to walk or travel in the dahalo territories, not sure you could come back to tell your story.

Amadeuss
02-15-21, 13:40
When did you take the road from Tamatave to Manakara? I know the map shows a 'road' but when I was in Manakara you could only take a taxi brousse for the first leg but a large part had to be done by pirogueCorrect. The RN11 from Antsampanana to Vatomandry can be taken by taxi brousse. But then further south to Mananjary you need a 4 x4. Its all inland. From there however, you can use again taxi brousse to Manakara. It would be an expedition trip.

More easy via Tana, then south till Ranomafana and from there to Manakara, all possible by taxi brousse -- and perhaps return by train to Fianar.

Option is the Canal de Panglanes as organised tour.

Tinte
02-15-21, 17:09
https://pangalanesaventures.jimdofree.com/

Actually this one does the southern part Manohoro til Manakara .

Tinte / Black ink.

Tinte
02-15-21, 19:50
Next to the train station in Tamatave. Jump on the boat!

First to finde a local " female guide " in Tamatave, fix a deal. Destination Manakara, should bee possible.

It all starts with a dream at one point, looking through the web. What a adventure!

Tinte / Black ink.

Neddy69
03-10-21, 15:20
If you want to understand Madagascar you just need to read two books:

Gimlette, The Gardens of Mars
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B081T4Z6YS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_49AMPW662AHGQSSF2J4Z.

Hilary Bradt, Madagascar
https://www.amazon.de/dp/1784776653/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NPEWYZEY27VG85JHFKWM.

La Buse.

Golfinho
03-10-21, 15:30
If you want to understand Madagascar you just need to .If you want to understand Madagascar:

The Disastrous Ordeal of 1987: Memory and Violence in Rural Madagascar.

GreekDiver
03-10-21, 17:41
Hi all!

All info on this thread is valuable.

Planning to arrive in madirokeli / nosy be on April. Just last week with the new rules upon corona, almost everything are closed over there (according the girls.).

Any friend who knows the actual situation on the Island? Any update would be very helpful for everybody.

Thanks in advance.

Amadeuss
03-11-21, 19:59
Hi all!

All info on this thread is valuable.

Planning to arrive in madirokeli / nosy be on April. Just last week with the new rules upon corona, almost everything are closed over there (according the girls.).

Any friend who knows the actual situation on the Island? Any update would be very helpful for everybody.

Thanks in advance.Discos are closed. No parties. Rising numbers of deaths.

Not all but enough restaurants and hotels are open. Just plan your day that after dinner you go home with your girl, which you met before at the beach, get a nice bottle of DzamaRhum plus Mixer on the balcony and have a party there. Simple fun.

Member #2001
03-14-21, 01:43
If you want to understand Madagascar:

The Disastrous Ordeal of 1987: Memory and Violence in Rural Madagascar.

First time poster here. I have read 2, maybe in some threads, 3 years going back from the entire Africa forum, and I am almost finished. However, I have only read the past 16 or 18 months, going back on this thread. Its just really long.

I have too say this is one of the most interesting. And yea I do have this time. Yea, I really want to visit this country. It took maybe 2 months, and I have not read every thread. I still have two or three more countries to read up on in the Africa section. The covid time I have is crazy.

Anyway, Where is this book? Its not on amazon. I could not find it there.

Haokool
03-14-21, 07:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbCiWsATBM&ab_channel=%23RaphL%23StanY

It's in French, if you can understand half of it. Very well put.

I wouldn't set back a foot on mada, these people cursed themselves.

Golfinho
03-14-21, 13:56
First time poster here. I have read 2, maybe in some threads, 3 years going back from
Anyway, Where is this book? Its not on amazon. I could not find it there.Google the title. There's a pdf file, 22-page summary that can be downloaded.

Tinte
03-15-21, 09:17
https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/328056007.pdf

Can make one think about the society one himself lives in and how we work it out in true reality.

Tinte / Black ink.

Member #2001
03-15-21, 19:04
For those that are interested in the Italian guy, that was hung and burned, I found the post. Its a lot harder than going back 2 years and looking for it. However the posts start at #1259. Unless you read the entire thread you might not be interested in reading that far back. Sometimes, guys like me, are not interested in reading the whole thread, and just want the current up to date information. Like me it took some searching, but I found it. You can also type these words from the title, into the search engine.

Member #2001
03-15-21, 19:23
I have a feeling that a bunch of us will be going to Mada, as soon as possible. Wouldn't it be easier for us to rent a Villa, or some type or multi bedroom structure? Even if its for a week, or a month, or in my case to max out my visa. A couple or reasons behind this would be to share the cost, and then it would be cheaper. Another would be to share our experiences with like minded people. And still, yet another, would be to have a home base, where it would be comfortable to stay. I think it would be better to stay in a nice place then a shack on the beach, or maybe not.

I would not be the one to set this in motion, since I have never been to Mada, but some that have been there a few times and know how things work better than me should be able to find something easier, than those that have never been in the country.

Just a passing thought.

Amadeuss
03-15-21, 23:27
For those that are interested in the Italian guy, that was hung and burned, I found the post. Its a lot harder than going back 2 years and looking for it. However the posts start at #1259. Unless you read the entire thread you might not be interested in reading that far back. Sometimes, guys like me, are not interested in reading the whole thread, and just want the current up to date information. Like me it took some searching, but I found it. You can also type these words from the title, into the search engine.Do you care that much about murder cases in Detroit? Or a bicycle accident in Wuhan? Move on.

Amadeuss
03-15-21, 23:37
I have a feeling that a bunch of us will be going to Mada, as soon as possible. Wouldn't it be easier for us to rent a Villa, or some type or multi bedroom structure? Even if its for a week, or a month, or in my case to max out my visa. A couple or reasons behind this would be to share the cost, and then it would be cheaper. Another would be to share our experiences with like minded people. And still, yet another, would be to have a home base, where it would be comfortable to stay. I think it would be better to stay in a nice place then a shack on the beach, or maybe not.

I would not be the one to set this in motion, since I have never been to Mada, but some that have been there a few times and know how things work better than me should be able to find something easier, than those that have never been in the country.

Just a passing thought.This house with pool on NosyBe you can rent as a whole or by room. Rates about 30. -€ per room. The house lady will cook and take care of you.

Ibaski
03-16-21, 00:17

Just a passing thought.I think so too. If the girl in Amadeus post is the cook, I will volunteer to assist. LOL.

I am definitely visiting as soon as they open up. From my understanding Nosybe is cake walk. So your idea might be great for Toliara or Tamatave. A start would be for someone to volunteer to receive and reply to all PM on the subject. Not sure if we can clutter up the main board.

Member #2001
03-16-21, 00:57
Do you care that much about murder cases in Detroit? Or a bicycle accident in Wuhan? Move on.Naw, dude. For some like me, I just find that kind of reading interesting. I am in Guadalajara and the s--t that goes on here, and in Mexico is crazy. For me its the most dangerous place I have ever been to, and I grew up near Chicago. Use to visit it, and work there too. I am no stranger to sketchy places. I am not one of those guys that like to stay in hotels either. Well at least in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. I have done Ukraine in 94, (which was really a bit scary at that time) Ethiopia, Colombia, the DR, are just a few places I have been too. I even did the secret tour in Colombia, That will never get posted out of respect. Just curious that's all.

I was thinking of some place out of Nosy be. From what I have read here its a bit of a tourist destination. I like the more (and I am sure others here too), not so touristy places.

Peace.

PS, Is the girl included in the price or is that extra.

Chris P
03-16-21, 01:56
This house with pool on NosyBe you can rent as a whole or by room. Rates about 30. - per room. The house lady will cook and take care of you.Whereabouts in Nosy Be is the house? I understand Ambatoloaka is the centre of activity. And as others have said, who's the girl? She looks exquisite. Even if she's a buttaface she's still an 8.

Neddy69
03-16-21, 14:59
Naw, dude. For some like me, I just find that kind of reading interesting. I am in Guadalajara and the s--t that goes on here, and in Mexico is crazy. For me its the most dangerous place I have ever been to, and I grew up near Chicago. Use to visit it, and work there too. I am no stranger to sketchy places. I am not one of those guys that like to stay in hotels either. Well at least in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. I have done Ukraine in 94, (which was really a bit scary at that time) Ethiopia, Colombia, the DR, are just a few places I have been too. I even did the secret tour in Colombia, That will never get posted out of respect. Just curious that's all.

I was thinking of some place out of Nosy be. From what I have read here its a bit of a tourist destination. I like the more (and I am sure others here too), not so touristy places.

Peace.

PS, Is the girl included in the price or is that extra.Don't worry. Public lynchings in Nosy be are quite rare. LOL.

La Buse.

Albert9989
03-16-21, 15:10
Seen on the FB of someone from Sambava, may be better than before?

In english: the road of Ambilobe to Vohemar is like this now. Thanks Mr President. Etc.

Amadeuss
03-16-21, 17:16
Naw, dude. For some like me, I just find that kind of reading interesting.

PS, Is the girl included in the price or is that extra.4 people murdered just on 16th of March at different locations:

https://lexpress.mg/category/faits-divers/

If you find its interesting. Go. Scaredy-cat and sex tourists: stay away!

And the lady is on site, cadeaux negotiable.

SouthEaster
03-16-21, 18:48
Now if they could only do the same to Diego!

Member #2001
03-16-21, 21:54
Your right, Shit like that happens all over the world.

Ethiopia, guys that drive the big trucks are always high on, what is called Khat or Kchat. They have to be for all the driving they do. Taxies the same way. I have seen those kind of accidents all the time. Once I seen a guy get hit by a car went flying. Fortunately they guy stopped and took him to the hospital. At the scene, I tried to explain to them that its not the proper way to handle the situation. They did not listen. They guy was in really bad shape and probably died enroute, or at the hospital. But you know what? Its Africa, like its been said so many times before, Expect the unexpected. From my time in Africa, I have learned that everything, EVERYTHING is tribal.

Not sure what was the reason behind the witchcraft thing, but superstition is a real thing, and the more they believe in it (usually the more uneducated types), the more they behave according to it.

The butcher guy, hard to say what happened there. Sounds to me like it was some sort of personal problems the man and the group had. Again hard to tell.

Have to say though, If it bleeds, it leads. People from my area back in the states will not ever go to the west side or the south side. Just too afraid. Too bad for them. Just a little exploring and you might find some interesting places to see and visit. I have been there and I have done that, with no problems. Its also been my experience that a lot of the crime stuff that goes on is gang related. Here, where I am at. Its mostly cartel stuff. I know a guy that was kidnapped (at gun point) robed for everything he had, his bank account was emptied passwords forced to be given up to all his accounts (including social media) and forced to walk home for about 90 minutes. It was his fault though (he is Mexican). He went out alone and was hammered. Then went to the ATM, where it all happened, and was kidnapped in a taxi no less.

I cant count the number of times people have told me that I was crazy for going to those places. I came back from Ethiopia, and I got tired of all the people asking me if I had Ebola. LOL

If your trying to scare me away from Mada, maybe try your luck on the next guy that comes along and wants to visit Mada for the first time. I am not the kind of guy that pops in a country for a few quickies. I like to take my time, and get to know the people. A three month visa is not long enough to understand a culture. You really need to live it for more than a week or two. Its the same everywhere. You see backpacker types that do as much as they can in a day or two and then move on. Same with business people. Here today, gone tomorrow. That kind of travel is not for me. Just my preference I guess.

Those articles however were interesting though. Thanks for the read. I am now into anything Mada. Just sounds like a wonderful place and the more I read and information I absorb, the more it makes me want to go there.

FWIW, Are we not all sex tourist here, or maybe you are one of those guys that want the spoils all to yourself. No insults intended

Peace.

Mudrakarma
03-17-21, 15:08
So much for Nosy be at the moment, but it's your own fault to have to fly there now!

Mudra.

Maikaefer12
03-17-21, 16:42
So much for Nosy be at the moment, but it's your own fault to have to fly there now!

Mudra.That from the Madagascar embassy.

Amadeuss
03-17-21, 16:54
That from the Madagascar embassy.That's all old stuff. Don't spread fake news as if there is a change. At the moment you can get in from Addis, if you fulfil all their requirements. In NB you make the test for 100.000 AR. So, what's the problem?

Just follow the rules -- and enjoy.

Steve Ohh
03-17-21, 18:24
That from the Madagascar embassy.Nobody will be blocked because of a passport. You will be blocked if your journey starts in any country of the list. That's a difference. But requirements can also change. As Someone else said, from Addis it's possible.

Amadeuss
03-17-21, 19:08
Nobody will be blocked because of a passport. You will be blocked if your journey starts in any country of the list. That's a difference. But requirements can also change. As Someone else said, from Addis it's possible.Yes, you are right.

But we have here many guys not speaking french, by that not understanding the fine lines and never been to Mada but being "I-know-it-all".

SouthEaster
03-17-21, 19:51
It's amusing to see they are bitching about the "high" cost of Nosy Be. Yes it is the most expensive place in Mada but still cheap compared to NY, Singapore, Paris or any of dozens more places. They should be happy to be "stuck" there compared to many other countries. As for the 100 K test, cheap as chips. I will have to spend around 750 K at Seatac for a test just to get back into Canada. Greedy fuckers.

Mudrakarma
03-17-21, 22:22
........In NB you make the test for 100.000 AR. So, what's the problem? Just follow the rules -- and enjoy.The problem seems to be that the pcr tests have to be sent to tana and the result takes a long time. But it's not my problem.

http://www.midi-madagasikara.mg/societe/2021/03/17/vol-international-des-centaines-de-passagers-coinces-a-nosy-be/?fbclid=IwAR1M8RXMYn4ODkqNoWBUwVgdZ5hVxJtnzEjwHScrUZIxUjHiCQ_XaBiO2ec

AttilaTheHun
03-18-21, 01:53
First time poster here. I have read 2, maybe in some threads, 3 years going back from the entire Africa forum, and I am almost finished. However, I have only read the past 16 or 18 months, going back on this thread. Its just really long.

I have too say this is one of the most interesting. And yea I do have this time. Yea, I really want to visit this country. It took maybe 2 months, and I have not read every thread. I still have two or three more countries to read up on in the Africa section. The covid time I have is crazy.

Anyway, Where is this book? Its not on amazon. I could not find it there.If you want to learn about the wild side of Mada you may want to check out the audio-book by the same title by Lawrence Winkler on Audible. It's a travelogue exploring poaching, illegal logging, political corruption, human servitude, robbery, murder, and armed gangs and much more. As Neddy 69 wrote once You have to enjoy the challenges of daily survival. In Africa you have to earn it. But every day is an adventure.

Amadeuss
03-22-21, 07:59
A statement issued this Sunday evening by the Ministry of Transport, Tourism and Meteorology (MTTM) provides details of the measures taken for these two areas where the South African coronavirus variant was first reported.

📌 Flights leaving and destined for Nosy Be are suspended for 15 days.

📌 The last international flights on Nosy Be will take place on Saturday, March 27.

Whether it opens on 11th April -- who knows.

Amadeuss
04-05-21, 09:03
Whether it opens on 11th April -- who knows.A new statement says another extension of 15 days. No plan to reopen yet.

Adrien69
04-27-21, 10:26
Malagasy authorities have closed the border, no foreigners are allowed to enter at this time. (In French - https://lexpress.mg/22/04/2021/transport-aerien-les-frontieres-fermees-aux-passagers-de-letranger/).

The six regions most heavily affected by COVID (Analamanga. Region of Antanananarivo, Boeny, Atsinanana, Sava, Sofia, and Nosy Be) are locked down on the weekends, and there's a curfew in place from 21:00 to 04:00 during the week. Bars and night clubs are closed, restaurants remain open but are limited to 50% of capacity.

The medical system. Inadequate during the best of times. Is almost completely overrun. Families of COVID patients are hunting high and low for oxygen. Vaccines are promised for July.

Adrien69
04-27-21, 10:45
Your're welcome. I haven't been in Ambandia for a long time because of the lack of parking place for scooter. Not as clean and luxury rooms but 50% cheaper and the most stunning girls ever and 4 hands massage welcome.At Nemo974 I finally had a chance to check it out some time back. Fortunately, and thanks to your note, I was able to contact them, else I would never have found the place.

While not as high-class as the VIP in Ivandry, I agree with your assessment about the girls. At your suggestion, I enjoyed a four-hands massage and more at a reasonable rate.

For parking, coming from downtown, if you go past FTM, total, and a Pharmacy, you'll find a church on the left which has (paid) parking.

I also availed myself of Super Dream at your suggestion, a nice address, good Wi-Fi, and comfortable suites at the right price with no questions asked. Much appreciated!

SamShen
05-27-21, 12:48
[Commercial Message deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted because it appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. Please post reports consisting primarily of a commercial nature and/or reports with links to commercial websites in the Classified Advertisement section of the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

Steve Ohh
06-26-21, 11:01
Madagascar will open its borders from July first, but step by step. Starting with 1. 000 traveler a week only in Tana and eight day querentine. Later it will increase and probably September first borders are completely open. Until now just a plan, needs to be confirmed. Following text in German. Hope it's ok, I didn't find another source in English or French. Sorry guys, google will translate it for you.

https://www.madamagazine.com/informationen-zum-coronavirus/

SouthEaster
06-26-21, 21:33
Fingers crossed. I really hope you are right. That is when I was wanting to go but it did not look good. Hopefully something more concrete soon. Thanks for the tantalizing info.

SE.

Amadeuss
06-30-21, 18:42
Madagascar will open its borders from July first, but step by step. Starting with 1. 000 traveler a week only in Tana and eight day querentine. Later it will increase and probably September first borders are completely open. Until now just a plan, needs to be confirmed. Following text in German. Hope it's ok, I didn't find another source in English or French. Sorry guys, google will translate it for you.

https://www.madamagazine.com/informationen-zum-coronavirus/"The borders remain closed to passengers from abroad, with the exception of those who are allowed to receive exemptions from the Council of Ministers," the head of government continues.

Last week, the Ministry of Transport, Tourism and Meteorology again insisted "that no date has been set for the reopening of Madagascar's borders".

Antananarivo, June 27th, Prime Minister Christian Ntsay speaking on TV.

LuddeBoy
07-05-21, 13:30
"The borders remain closed to passengers from abroad, with the exception of those who are allowed to receive exemptions from the Council of Ministers," the head of government continues.

Last week, the Ministry of Transport, Tourism and Meteorology again insisted "that no date has been set for the reopening of Madagascar's borders".

Antananarivo, June 27th, Prime Minister Christian Ntsay speaking on TV.Well that sucks. I guess it will have to wait until next year for me to pop my Mada cherry.

SouthEaster
07-05-21, 22:39
Don't know that I would give up on this year yet. It has only gone just over 6 months into the year. Weather will play a facto for me though. If it is after November then I will wait too as I cannot stand the rainy season, although the west might not be too bad.

Steve Ohh
07-08-21, 23:56
Bad news.

Borders won't open soon.

https://actu.orange.mg/les-frontieres-de-madagascar-restent-fermees-face-a-la-menace-du-variant-delta-du-coronavirus/

StarGazer101
07-21-21, 14:45
I spent the latest Christmas and new year's on Nosy be and wrote some reports about my trip.

All-in-all it was an enjoyable vacation. For sure it would have been better if I could speak French, or at least understand it.

20 days in Ambotoalaka was a few days too many. There's not much to do apart from visiting the few bars and the occasional island trip or excursion.

To stay on the safe side I avoided the beach after dark. I made sure I only went to the ATM during the day. On the last day I finally visited a nice looking restaurant next to the beach, that all other days had 3+ young dirty men hanging around in the narrow alley in front of the entrance. Even though the village didn't feel unsafe, there was a lot of scruffy looking guys sitting around glaring at all the tourists. Sometimes that could feel a bit uncomfortable.

The hotel TV had 100+ channels, only two in English. Power outages happened almost every other evening. The "better" hotels and a couple of the bars had generators, but most restaurants didn't.

Most girls had their hair straightened or braided, which meant they used a lot of products. This made their hair either smell of chemicals of like dirt / dust, which was wasn't very nice. Service and performance wasn't really great either, but it was really cheap so it's hard to be very unhappy.

There's a great restaurant on the top of the island called "The View". It was newly opened by a very friendly French expat. Construction was being started on a hotel and condos. There was even a miniature golf course on the slope below the restaurant.

Some members on the board have claimed that you don't need any cash on arrival. That is not correct.

You have to pay €35 for the tourist "Visa" on entry, which cannot be paid in local currency. There is no ATM at the airport and if there still is a mandatory covid test it will cost 100 k Ariary, which has to be paid in cash. In the lounge and Tax-free area at the airport they only accept €uro, again only cash.

I found two ATM: s in the village. One next to the pharmacy inside the village which did not accept Mastercard, but Visa worked. The other ATM was across the street from Hotel Ambotoalaka and there I could use both types of cards.

Also, the hotel I was staying at only accepted cash, even though the booking site claimed you can pay with card. Withdrawing almost 1 k €uro from the ATMs was a bit of a hassle.

Oiste
07-25-21, 08:09
I run a search on a keyword "Sambava" and got all the result about 20 pages. I used "Advanced search".This is the only forum in the world where posts are published with the date backwards!

PussNet
07-25-21, 19:05
This is the only forum in the world where posts are published with the date backwards!Don't be so sure.

The date format is MM-DD-YYYY not DD-MM-YYYY as you seem to think it is.

CrazyMan
07-25-21, 19:34
Don't be so sure.

The date format is MM-DD-YYYY not DD-MM-YYYY as you seem to think it is.In virtually the whole world but one country the date format is DD-MM-YYYY. That same country still measures in Feet lbs and other archaic measurements. While the whole world uses metric.

Oiste
07-27-21, 17:45
[Non-English text deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was edited to remove text not in English. While I encourage contributions from all volunteers, the Forum is an English-only website. Please do not post reports in any language other than English. If you wish to post text in any language other than English, then please include a full English translation.Thanks!

Oiste
07-27-21, 18:44
Sorry for my first post, I understand and I will write only in English.

Hi everyone, I'm Oiste from Santiago de Cuba.

I still haven't figured out if using Chrome what I write will be automatically translated into English, so as a precaution I'll add translation.

I am here because obviously I am very, very interested in the Mada. Cuba is dead, buried, dissolved in the wind. Personal opinion.

I go back only because I have children and I want to see them every now and then, but if it wasn't for them.

Madagascar! Ahhhhh! Okay, women aren't exactly as black as I like them, but I don't have the heart (or the money) to make Burkina Faso or Ivory Coast.

I am a man of 59 years, athletic (but still an old man), quiet (the discos bore me), with a budget of 900/1000 euros per month.

I don't work anymore, I love the sea reading and good food.

I don't have to remind you that I like pussy so much, but with a lot of free time, I don't have to kill the bear every day.

I read the whole forum backwards, I think I was impressed with the most important concepts.

Low profile, never argue, never get into trouble, never flaunt. Be friendly but NEVER friends with the locals. Rules valid everywhere.

I have a travel program but we are still in the era Covid, nothing is certain.

Last year I was going to leave but in October they closed the borders, so I returned to Cuba. Mamma mia.

My idea was to travel to Tana, then Tamatave, Saint Marie, Sambava, Morondava, Nosy Be (where I have contacts but I don't want to commit too much, for discretion).

From Nosy Be I would have returned to Italy. Ah, I'm Italian!

But now everything has changed and so, even if I don't like the idea, I could go directly with a flight a / are to Nosy Be, from there I could try to move. Perhaps.

I speak French worse than English, but I am studying the important things. Like: Comment tu t'appelles? Vous avez quel age? Tres petittttttttttttttttt ahahaha.

The idea is to do three months and then see what happens.

I wait that the borders reopen because I can not leave from Italy. But maybe. Some of you. Can advise me. Telling me secrets ahahahaha.

I wish you all a good evening, ahahahaha what a thugs!

AdamVeden
07-29-21, 07:08
Don't be so sure.

The date format is MM-DD-YYYY not DD-MM-YYYY as you seem to think it is.

In virtually the whole world but one country the date format is DD-MM-YYYY. That same country still measures in Feet lbs and other archaic measurements. While the whole world uses metric.If you go by international standards it should be either YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country). To my knowledge it is only ONE country in the World that uses the illogical MM-DD-YYYY! Either you should go from the smallest unit to the bigger unit or from the bigger unit to the smaller unit as in ISO 8601 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601).

Oiste
07-29-21, 07:39
If you go by international standards it should be either YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country). To my knowledge it is only ONE country in the World that uses the illogical MM-DD-YYYY! Either you should go from the smallest unit to the bigger unit or from the bigger unit to the smaller unit as in ISO 8601 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601).Sorry but I was not referring to the date but to the order of publication of the posts that in this forum (which is still wonderful!) Seems to me to appear the other way around. In any case it is not a problem, the problem is how to get to Madagascar!

Jingo10
07-29-21, 08:15
If you go by international standards it should be either YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country). To my knowledge it is only ONE country in the World that uses the illogical MM-DD-YYYY! ISG has hit a new low, arguing about date formats, ah well. Better than American politics I suppose: smileyface:

Oiste
08-09-21, 14:42
Last night the President of Mada declared the border blockade for another 15 days, the problem is growing.

After 15 years of living in Cuba as a permanent resident, I started fantasizing about Mada at the wrong time.

From Italy you can't travel to Mada, I don't really know what I can do to carry out my 6-month project there. I would also go directly to Tana or Tulear or Tamatave but everything is at a standstill. Damnation.

Oiste
08-10-21, 17:40
If you RTFF then you know it's Kenya. Number one Destination for Africa rookies. Bamburi or Mtwapa. Mombasa North Coast for fucking. World Class beaches. Fishing go to Watamu or Ukunda/Diani. Madagascar is for advanced Africa mongers.

Read all my posts in the Kenyan forums. No need to look further.

Neddy.
What du you mean by aesthetically pleasing. LOLIt is better to stay away from Kenya for someone like me, I could fall madly in love with one of those wonderful big ass monkeys.

Better the Mada where I can control myself. It's a matter of temperature and brain, for me, I mean.

SouthEaster
08-10-21, 21:25
It could well be 15 more weeks, in fact it is looking ever more likely. I have given up waiting and booked a couple of months in Mexico starting October. Unfortunately even if Mada opens up in December, I will probably just stick it out till next year when the rain and storms die down. I have my fingers crossed that something will be announced before that but it seems unlikely. They haven't even vaccinated one percent of the population for fucks sake.

Oiste
08-12-21, 07:24
It could well be 15 more weeks, in fact it is looking ever more likely. I have given up waiting and booked a couple of months in Mexico starting October. Unfortunately even if Mada opens up in December, I will probably just stick it out till next year when the rain and storms die down. I have my fingers crossed that something will be announced before that but it seems unlikely. They haven't even vaccinated one percent of the population for fucks sake.Yes, I think you are right but I want to hope well, the fact that they have vaccinated only 1% does not mean anything if then every 270 days you have to do yet another dose. Okay, I have faith.

AttilaTheHun
08-15-21, 02:47
Hi everyone, I'm Oiste from Santiago de Cuba...Oiste. Isn't Cuba an inexpensive pussy heaven with girls coming in all colors, sizes and types?

What is the reason you are willing to leave it all behind?

Oiste
08-15-21, 07:05
Oiste. Isn't Cuba an inexpensive pussy heaven with girls coming in all colors, sizes and types?

What is the reason you are willing to leave it all behind?Oh sure, once.

Now it is a place that is gone and lost forever. Cubans are unique in the world but that world no longer exists. I tell you that I have been a permanent resident for 15 years. Aside from social destruction, the terrifying economic crisis (1 can of beer costs $ 5 if you are lucky to find it), political repression and black hunger, even Cubanites themselves are no longer the same. There is no longer that carefree air of a few years ago: people are hungry! Certainly you will find some **** but you will no longer pay 10 dollars as in the past because today, on the black market, a toothpaste costs 12 dollars. I don't know if I mean it. Madagascar has long been my constant thought, I committed last year not to leave in October and therefore now it is a problem. They say that maybe it will reopen soon but only for the vaccinated and I am not so demented as to be the Guinea pig for an alleged experimental gene cure. Give me the vaccination obligation and I will, at least I will receive compensation to pay the nurse if things go, and often go, badly. So I will grit my teeth and go back to Santiago for a couple of months and spend a little time with my daughter, then if the Mada reopens for me too. I go running there even with the monsoons. The Mada is an excellent opportunity for those like me, 60 years old and 1000 euros a month, without disco freaks and various parties, looking for a beautiful, cheap and relatively safe country.

SouthEaster
08-15-21, 22:15
Like it or not that is the way of the future (or at least the next year or 2 of it). You won't be going to many places if you refuse to get the jab. Of course you can always invest in fake documents, as some are already doing, but you may pay a steep price if caught. I am fully vaxed and welcome news of places that will open up for those of us who are.

Neddy69
08-16-21, 16:04
Oh sure, once.

Now it is a place that is gone and lost forever. Cubans are unique in the world but that world no longer exists. I tell you that I have been a permanent resident for 15 years. Aside from social destruction, the terrifying economic crisis (1 can of beer costs $ 5 if you are lucky to find it), political repression and black hunger, even Cubanites themselves are no longer the same. There is no longer that carefree air of a few years ago: people are hungry! Certainly you will find some **** but you will no longer pay 10 dollars as in the past because today, on the black market, a toothpaste costs 12 dollars. I don't know if I mean it. Madagascar has long been my constant thought, I committed last year not to leave in October and therefore now it is a problem. They say that maybe it will reopen soon but only for the vaccinated and I am not so demented as to be the Guinea pig for an alleged experimental gene cure. Give me the vaccination obligation and I will, at least I will receive compensation to pay the nurse if things go, and often go, badly. So I will grit my teeth and go back to Santiago for a couple of months and spend a little time with my daughter, then if the Mada reopens for me too. I go running there even with the monsoons. The Mada is an excellent opportunity for those like me, 60 years old and 1000 euros a month, without disco freaks and various parties, looking for a beautiful, cheap and relatively safe country.5 $ for a can of beer. LE President would be swept from power tomorrow in Madagascar. LOL. Just recently he dismissed ALL ministers for non performance. He might not survive if he continues this idiotic policy of total isolation. The malgache in that regard have a rather short fuse. Same as in India. You can choose die of covid or hunger. Look at it this way. Loads of hotels are going bust or went bust. Loads of assets to snap up cheap. Don't worry Oiste you can live comfortably in most SSA African countries with 1000 $ pension a month. In Kenya you're Middle class. Sure Madagascar is probably best for cheap pussy. But. Decent housing for a good price is not so easy to come by. Residence Permit can be hard to obtain. And don't forget. Its an Island although a big one. Its not like Kenya where I can take the bus to Uganda or Rwanda.

Pussy? Its the least of all problems to find chicas for 10 $ a pop. Healthcare is another issue.

Neddy.

Oiste
08-18-21, 09:02
5 $ for a can of beer. LE President would be swept from power tomorrow in Madagascar. LOL. Just recently he dismissed ALL ministers for non performance. He might not survive if he continues this idiotic policy of total isolation. The malgache in that regard have a rather short fuse. Same as in India. You can choose die of covid or hunger. Look at it this way. Loads of hotels are going bust or went bust. Loads of assets to snap up cheap. Don't worry Oiste you can live comfortably in most SSA African countries with 1000 $ pension a month. In Kenya you're Middle class. Sure Madagascar is probably best for cheap pussy. But. Decent housing for a good price is not so easy to come by. Residence Permit can be hard to obtain. And don't forget. Its an Island although a big one. Its not like Kenya where I can take the bus to Uganda or Rwanda.

Pussy? Its the least of all problems to find chicas for 10 $ a pop. Healthcare is another issue.

Neddy.Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the reply. Surely I have the false idea that Madagascar is a relatively quiet place for those who, like me, don't go to night clubs / discos and things like that. Honestly, it is all of Africa that interests me (I was sexually weaned by a Nigerian when I was 18 years of age) but I am a lone traveler and after 15 years of quiet residence in Cuba, where security has been absolute up to now, fear holds me back a little. I never get noticed but Africa is Africa and it takes little to never go home. I had to choose would be Ghana, with those huge women that I adore, and a certain stability, but it has shocking prices. Looking at Airbnb I got a fever! So I stay focused on Mada, Nosy Be is sad but it's okay as a first step. But it depends on the opening of the borders and on the obligation or not of the covid vaccination. If it is compulsory it will mean that I will die in Cuba, at least there I am not bummed.

SouthEaster
08-18-21, 21:16
Sorry mate, but the way things are going, looks like you will die in Cuba. With the big push on for vaccination passports I don't see how you can avoid it.

Neddy69
08-19-21, 09:08
Sorry mate, but the way things are going, looks like you will die in Cuba. With the big push on for vaccination passports I don't see how you can avoid it.I beg to disagree. The RT PCR Test will still be required. I don't know of a single African country which requires to be vaccined. RT PCR will still be required wherever you go. IMHO Airlines who let you you board only vaccinated shoot themselves in the foot like Quantas (I couldn't care less). Within the EEUU and US the vaccine facilitates travel WITHIN. Wouldn't make sense in most African countries where a couple of percent are actually vaccinated. And anyway vaccination doesn't change the contagion rates. So. Vaccination (might) protect you from a serious lung infection. Might. Wash your hands with mild soap and wear surgical mask while indoors in crowded places. The rest is BS. Malaria is way more a killer. that is if you don't know what you're doing. And traffic.
Neddy
Who survived malaria, covid and scabies in the last 12 months.

SouthEaster
08-19-21, 21:27
Neddy,

I don't know where you are but perhaps because I am currently in Canada I see everything through western eyes and media. And there is a huge push on for vaccination and vaccine proof. And it will not be the airlines making these decisions, it will be countries, and many of them will follow whatever the west does blindly. Just because African countries have no traveler vaccine policy does not mean they won't adopt one in a month or a year from now. I don't know how this shitshow will all turn out but I hope it is going to get better sooner than later.

Dick Milhous
08-19-21, 21:31
I beg to disagree. The rest is BS.This from NPR, pro-vax MSM propaganda site: Importantly, Walensky noted that data from Israel suggests "increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early."

That is from the CDC Director, regarding data coming out of Israel. ADE anybody?

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/covid-booster-shots-are-coming-heres-what-you-need-know

Mudrakarma
08-20-21, 14:22
This from NPR, pro-vax MSM propaganda site: Importantly, Walensky noted that data from Israel suggests "increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early."

That is from the CDC Director, regarding data coming out of Israel. ADE anybody?

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/covid-booster-shots-are-coming-heres-what-you-need-knowThat's why a booster vac come soon, especially for those vaccinated early. Same as rabies, you need more than three within 4 weeks, a booster after 1 year.

SceticoBlu
08-21-21, 12:10
Recent studies show vaccinated people are as infectious as others. So to protect one's people it is necessary to demand PCR tests from tourists.

Golfinho
08-21-21, 14:57
Vaccines aside, the issue is what happens if you do get sick -- from covid or whatever. The Pasteur Institute in Tana is a trip back to the 1930's. It's like a museum. For anything serious, you have to get to Reunion -- as fast as you can. And if a PCR negative test is required, well then, good luck. But if you don't have the cash, you just tough it out sick as a dog in your cheap shack hotel, shake it off and cure yourself of malaria, covid or whatever telling yourself you're Africa-experienced.

John Clayton
08-21-21, 16:22
Recent studies show vaccinated people are as infectious as others. So to protect one's people it is necessary to demand PCR tests from tourists.Okay, what "studies"?

PVMonger
08-21-21, 20:54
Okay, what "studies"?Unless you think Johns Hopkins is "fake news". https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individuals.

SceticoBlu
08-22-21, 01:07
Okay, what "studies"?https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individuals

Dick Milhous
08-22-21, 04:05
But if you don't have the cash,If you have a few bucks and access to primary care to get meds, two things I presently do.

First, every time I go into under developed nations I have a good supply of Doxycycline 100 MG caps and take one a day, just like a vitamin. Doxy is cheap, very well tolerated and benign (often prescribed to teenagers to be taken for years to treat acne). Doxy is an effective anti malarial, is curative for chlamydia and has at least marginal efficacy against gonorrhea.

Second, I have a weeks worth pack of ivermectin, dexamethasone and montelukast. All three drugs have been around for a very long time and very well tolerated, very safe. Ivermectin in particular has several meta-analyses demonstrating excellent efficacy in treating the Wu-Flu. I start to feeling flu like or respiratory symptoms esp with a fever and I'm going to start popping ivermectin et al. Daily vitamin dee supplement also strongly suggested.

All of these drugs are generally very inexpensive; they all have been around for a half century or longer and all are off patent. I pay about $10 per Rx here at my local Sam's club pharmacy.

Dick Milhous
08-22-21, 04:16
https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individualsNice link, thank you. Notably, IMO, health care pros here in the USA are disproportionately "vax hesitant". Those in good health / general population are at extremely low risk for mortality and morbidity can be dramatically reduced by early intervention with drugs like ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, and some effective anti-inflammatories (eg corticosteroids, respiratory tract meds which I use dexamethasone and montelukast for).

Of course, Fraudci along with Pfizer, J&J, Astrazeneca and Moderna do not want you to know that, especially now that for example Moderna has added about 150 billion in market cap (currently $155 Billion) since the Wu Flu was developed.

Amadeuss
08-22-21, 10:44
Is it a thread about vaccination and Covid? No.

If you don't want the vacc-- you will just not get into Mada one day. But who cares?

If you got it. Just hang on.

And now if you have stories or info on Mada. Tell us. Otherwise.

The first flight from Paris with 170 people having a special visa plus residents just landed 2 days ago. If anyone got "connections" to a travel / visa agent in Paris or Tana. Pm me.

Dick Milhous
08-22-21, 21:52
If you don't want the vacc-- you will just not get into Mada Please provide a link that supports this.

Member #4740
08-23-21, 04:35
The first flight from Paris with Last month when I transit from Addis to Mombasa I heard announcement about flight to Tana boarding now. Ethiopian website already sell tickets to Nosy Be, first flight next week.

Amadeuss
08-23-21, 10:14
Please provide a link that supports this.We talk about future travel. Perhaps in 2022.

Pokeris
08-23-21, 17:56
Last month when I transit from Addis to Mombasa I heard announcement about flight to Tana boarding now. Ethiopian website already sell tickets to Nosy Be, first flight next week.If Ethiopian airlines is selling the tickets its not means you can fly. Mada is still close.

Borders open to travelers: Under conditions.

Domestic flights are operational. International flights, previously authorized to enter and exit Nosy Be, are suspended; entry into Madagascar remains prohibited.

Entry is limited to diplomats, technicians working in strategic sectors and officials with special mission orders.

A negative COVID-19 test (PCR and / or serology) is required for entry.

Health screening procedures in place at airports and other points of entry.

Anyone arriving in Madagascar will be tested and should be quarantined for a period of up to 5 days until results are available.

The previous policy of allowing free visa extensions has ended. Currently, people with a tourist visa must purchase a ticket to leave Madagascar, then go to the immigration office or Ivato airport to obtain a stamp allowing them to stay until the date of departure. Their return ticket. Only Air France currently operates extraordinary flights from Madagascar. Please contact Air France to obtain a ticket.

Tests: Negative PCR test results are required for all countries.

Quarantine: Yes.

Anyone arriving in Madagascar should be quarantined for a maximum of 5 days, until the results are available.

Information updated on 8/19/2021.

Pokeris
08-23-21, 18:00
The state of health emergency is renewed throughout the country for 15 days from Monday 23 August 2021.

- The borders remain closed for passengers coming from abroad.

- Wearing a mask and respecting barrier gestures are still required throughout the country.

- Indoor gatherings of more than 400 people are prohibited.

Source: Press release from the Presidency of the Republic of Madagascar dated August 22, 2021.

Amadeuss
08-24-21, 14:16
The state of health emergency is renewed throughout the country for 15 days from Monday 23 August 2021.

- The borders remain closed for passengers coming from abroad.

- Wearing a mask and respecting barrier gestures are still required throughout the country.

- Indoor gatherings of more than 400 people are prohibited.

Source: Press release from the Presidency of the Republic of Madagascar dated August 22, 2021.Excellent sum up. Just few add ONS:

In an article of L'Express I did read that Malgache arriving with full vaccination must have a PCR Test but don't need a quarantine.

Foreigners who got stuck there can go to the next immigration office and get their visa extended, just paying the visa fee. 2 of my friends are doing this since March.

The president is busy getting his messed up act together. For us still a long way till we can enjoy this again:

Amadeuss
08-24-21, 15:51
Please provide a link that supports this.Mauritius, a tourism-dependent economy, will reopen its borders on Thursday to vaccinated tourists after being closed for 16 months. Source: bloomberg.com.

Expect the neighbour island Mada to apply this restriction of being vaccinated as well.

SouthEaster
08-24-21, 23:01
I was actually considering heading to Mauritius to wait for Mada to open, and now apparently I can do that. Only problem is Mauritius is way more expensive and has way less pussy so I don't know if it is worth it. Got to be better than winter in Canada though!

Member #4740
08-25-21, 07:08
Mauritius, a tourism-dependent economy, will reopen its borders on Thursday to vaccinated tourists after being closed for 16 months. Source: bloomberg.com.

Expect the neighbour island Mada to apply this restriction of being vaccinated as well.As from 1 September, vaccinated guests will spend only 7 days in a special 'resort bubble' hotel before going out to discover more of the Indian Ocean paradise.

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/mauritius-eases-travel-protocol-for-vaccinated-travellers-from-1-september/

Pokeris
08-28-21, 08:34
Madagascar: opening of borders for October 2021 is under consideration.

On an official visit to France, Andry Rajoelina announced a possible opening of the Malagasy borders for all foreigners. Access to Madagascar has been extremely limited since March 2020, a year and a half ago, when the coronavirus epidemic began on the island.

Opening of the borders yes, but on one condition: that the health situation allows it.

If the coronavirus epidemic has been on the low slope for a few weeks, according to official government figures, two doctors in two hospitals in the capital confirm this downward trend, three months after the second wave of Covid.

Also according to official accounts, 43,000 people have been infected and 955 have died from the coronavirus since March 2020.

The executive has always brandished the specter of the Delta variant to justify this prolonged border closure, in the face of the incomprehension of the entire private sector, which received no aid during the crisis.

Also according to official accounts, 43,000 people have been infected and 955 have died from the coronavirus since March 2020.

The executive has always brandished the specter of the Delta variant to justify this prolonged border closure, in the face of the incomprehension of the entire private sector, which received no aid during the crisis.

According to the Groupement des entreprises de Madagascar, 80% of Malagasy companies have seen the business climate deteriorate in two years. And the sector has lost almost 40% of its turnover.

Tourism, which represents 7% of GDP and supports nearly a million people across the entire value chain, lost 800 million turnover in 2021. "The State and businesses must learn to live with it. Virus and to put in place protocols so that activities can resume, explains an entrepreneur who prefers to remain anonymous. Closing the borders only pushes back the problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.rfi.fr/fr/afrique/20210826-madagascar-l-ouverture-des-fronti%25C3%25A8res-pour-octobre-2021-est-%25C3%25A0-l-%25C3%25A9tude

Pokeris
08-28-21, 08:39
The reopening of Madagascar's borders scheduled for October.

Thursday August 26.

Mandimbisoa are.

The reopening of Madagascar's borders to international travelers is under consideration. Andry Rajoelina brought forward the date of October during the second day of the Meeting of French-speaking entrepreneurs in Paris, yesterday. He said, however, that this will depend on the evolution of the health situation in other countries. Restrictions for countries still affected by the epidemiological wave could still be felt.

"The reopening of our borders requires serious preparations and solid support measures. We have launched a vaccination campaign among the population of Nosy Be and Sainte-Marie ", he declared. Tourist towns like Nosy Be and Sainte-Marie are practically in agony since the closure of borders and the health crisis. The reopening of borders to tourists can breathe new life into it. These two cities are particularly dependent on tourism and the cessation of activities has had a real impact on the daily life of the population.

Madagascar has acquired a new international airport which is not operational to date. The representative of the Aéroport de Paris group, which manages the airports of Antananarivo and Nosy Be, through Ravinala Airports, insisted on the importance of reopening the borders. The viability of the aviation sector and the operationalization of this new terminal at the capital's airport go hand in hand with the reopening of borders, he said.

During this REF 2021, Andry Rajoelina stepped up charm operations for investors. "Madagascar is the strategic hub for your business," he said. The State thus provides incentives such as offers of preferential taxes for exports to attract more investors.

https://www.madagascar-tribune.com/La-reouverture-des-frontieres-de-Madagascar-prevue-en-octobre.html

SouthEaster
08-28-21, 21:23
I don't think I will be booking a flight just yet. I suspect they will not have things ready for October (5 weeks away?) if it is going to be done properly. Then there will be PCR tests, possible quarantines, and initially at least, only 2 test destinations. I do not care for Nosy Be and St. Marie will get old very fast. If you have been there you will know what I mean. That said if it takes off with few / no restrictions I will be happy to jump on board. Guess we will just have to keep waiting and see how it unfolds.

Tinte
09-01-21, 07:00
https://lexpress.mg/26/08/2021/transport-aerien-la-reouverture-des-frontieres-prevue-en-octobre/

Member #4740
09-01-21, 07:41
https://lexpress.mg/26/08/2021/transport-aerien-la-reouverture-des-frontieres-prevue-en-octobre/Good, you will get the opportunity to post your first ISG report.

Neddy69
09-01-21, 08:09
https://lexpress.mg/26/08/2021/transport-aerien-la-reouverture-des-frontieres-prevue-en-octobre/Mid January. Hell yeah. If tou want to experience a tropical cyclone with wind speeds of 200 kmh plus. Go ahead. The malagasy IMHO are much more afraid of foreign germs than their own. They have it all. Pestilence and Cholera. Malaria and Typhoid. But they're scared shitless of Covid. Hunger and malnutrition is killing far more people then Covid ever will. IMHO the opening in October is just a pipe dream. They think they can out-sit it and wipe out the remains of the tourist industry. Plan for 2022. For me Madagascar is a write off this year.

Neddy.

Tinte
09-01-21, 19:38
Things would bee very different.

If you follow the gassy news in this links, it can easy scare one anyway. Tourist will be targets of all sort of people. Not just the girls will bee after you.

What a adventure lies ahead.

Tinte
09-02-21, 08:17
They think they can out-sit it and wipe out the remains of the tourist industry.
Neddy.I a country with no support by the government for the tourist industries it will by wiped out after two years one would assume. Looks like no protest so far.

No tourists, no work, no income, no tax to bee collected for the politicians for them self. To me a mystery.

Neddy69
09-02-21, 15:59
I a country with no support by the government for the tourist industries it will by wiped out after two years one would assume. Looks like no protest so far.

No tourists, no work, no income, no tax to bee collected for the politicians for them self. To me a mystery.https://www.google.com/amp/s/english.alarabiya.net/amp/coronavirus/2021/03/06/Protests-Hundreds-protest-against-Madagascar-government-claiming-COVID-19-fund-mismanagement

Thats from June 2021:

Universities nationwide following violent demonstrations at multiple locations June 16-17. Demonstrations by students were reported at the University of Maninday in Toliara, June 16 and at the University of Fianarantsoa in Fianarantsoa June 17. In Fianarantsoa, demonstrations reportedly escalated after security forces arrested several student leaders. Casualties were reported. Protests are linked to the lack of payment of bursaries and scholarships.

Andry was an extremely popular president when he was elected. Now its a different story. His downfall can come swift. If the cotieres withdraw their support. No protests? Don't kid yourself. Everybody steals from the government coffers. The biggest grafters are high in the government.

They siphon off foreign aid. For many African governments the perfect opportunity to whine to IMF and China to get debt relief by damaging their economy through useless lockdowns.

When they built the RN9 up to Mangily they had to guard the bridges at night as people were stealing the iron rebars out of the wet concrete.

Neddy

You are right. The tourism industry IS wiped out. Zero support. even back in 2015 I could lease a whole beachfront resort for 600$ a month in Mangily. No customers back then

Jazzy Daddy
09-06-21, 21:15
I spent June of this year in Rio, although I had fun, I agree Mada 2022 is the goal. Nothing else matches my expectations and pleasure seeking than Madagascar!

Tinte
09-07-21, 07:20
Nothing else matches my expectations and pleasure seeking than Madagascar!Its a place where you can go diskret for almost everything like on a buffet. I remember the with ease free performed BJ in the street by a girl ho approached me and wanted me to convince to take her home.

Neddy69
09-13-21, 12:19
La Peste returns to Isle Rouge. Pulmonary variant. Expiry guaranteed if not recognized and treated immediately.

https://www.linfo.re/ocean-indien/madagascar/peste-pulmonaire-plusieurs-cas-identifies-a-madagascar

La Buse.

Golfinho
09-13-21, 14:24
La Peste returns to Isle Rouge. Pulmonary variant. Expiry guaranteed if not recognized and treated immediately.

https://www.linfo.re/ocean-indien/madagascar/peste-pulmonaire-plusieurs-cas-identifies-a-madagascar
La Buse.Lose touch with reality and you forget there is no infrastructure here. Get sick and you're dead. And while you're chasing the fantasy, you'd have experienced the real Madagascar.

Amadeuss
09-15-21, 08:28
Get sick and you're dead.I may add: get sick and don't make a very quick move to leave Mada -and you're history.

Amadeuss
09-25-21, 09:45
Latest news: the plans to open in October are. As expected. Cancelled. No new date in sight:

https://lexpress.mg/25/09/2021/transport-aerien-la-reouverture-des-frontieres-serieusement-compromise/

Pokeris
09-25-21, 20:00
Latest news: the plans to open in October are. As expected. Cancelled. No new date in sight:

https://lexpress.mg/25/09/2021/transport-aerien-la-reouverture-des-frontieres-serieusement-compromise/I give up already waiting for mada reopens and last week bought fly ticket to Colombia instead for beginning of November I could resist when saw discount from Barcelona direct fly to Bogota with Avianca just for 163 euros one way will stay 2-3 month in Colombia and after maybe mada shows some new signs about reopening it can't be closed forever.

SouthEaster
09-25-21, 22:12
No, but it is starting to feel that way. I am heading to Mexico until April. Hopefully come June when the shit weather eases off things will be somewhat back to normal.

Oiste
09-26-21, 08:56
I give up already waiting for mada reopens and last week bought fly ticket to Colombia instead for beginning of November I could resist when saw discount from Barcelona direct fly to Bogota with Avianca just for 163 euros one way will stay 2-3 month in Colombia and after maybe mada shows some new signs about reopening it can't be closed forever.Barcelona. Bogota 163 euros?

Can you give me the link please because I can't find this price on the Avianca website, thanks.

Pokeris
09-26-21, 18:58
Barcelona. Bogota 163 euros?

Can you give me the link please because I can't find this price on the Avianca website, thanks.I use skyscanner app not all dates have same cheap price anymore. Now as I see cheapest ticket left for November 8 213 euros one way all other dates gone.

TailPipe
10-06-21, 22:10
They found the body of a Belgian in a sewer in Majunga. Apparently he was decapitated and missing a leg. His wife, parents in law and the guard have been arrested.

https://newsmada.com/2021/10/05/meurtre-dun-belge-a-mahajanga-sa-concubine-et-5-autres-personnes-arretees/

LuddeBoy
10-07-21, 10:59
They found the body of a Belgian in a sewer in Majunga. Apparently he was decapitated and missing a leg. His wife, parents in law and the guard have been arrested.

https://newsmada.com/2021/10/05/meurtre-dun-belge-a-mahajanga-sa-concubine-et-5-autres-personnes-arretees/Wow poor guy. Hope it was quick.

Oiste
10-07-21, 17:46

https://newsmada.com/2021/10/05/meurtre-dun-belge-a-mahajanga-sa-concubine-et-5-autres-personnes-arretees/What a sad story, he found love at 68. Fuck! I still need 9 and then zac! Where is it? Where?

AttilaTheHun
10-09-21, 15:55

https://newsmada.com/2021/10/05/meurtre-dun-belge-a-mahajanga-sa-concubine-et-5-autres-personnes-arretees/"Following the testimony, six people suspected of Richard's murder were arrested, including his partner, his parents-in-law and the keeper of the house. ".

I wonder what could've motivated such a savagery the severe mutilation of the body. Fady?

Neddy69
10-11-21, 10:32
"Following the testimony, six people suspected of Richard's murder were arrested, including his partner, his parents-in-law and the keeper of the house. ".

I wonder what could've motivated such a savagery the severe mutilation of the body. Fady?Nothing to do with fady. Maybe some body parts were cut to facilitate transportation. Fits better in a trunk. A dutch millionaire was killed 2 years ago in Kenya. His body was packed in a barrel which then was put into a septic tank. To make it easier both his legs and head was cut to fit.

If you read french there's a couple of cases killed every year in Madagascar. A French men was killed by his gardener for the sake of a couple of used laptops he wanted to sell.

Neddy.

Stick to my rules and you live safe.

In Madagascar poor white people are called vazaha lany mofo. Literally white bread eater.

AttilaTheHun
10-12-21, 00:21
Nothing to do with fady. Maybe some body parts were cut to facilitate transportation. Fits better in a trunk. A dutch millionaire was killed 2 years ago in Kenya. His body was packed in a barrel which then was put into a septic tank. To make it easier both his legs and head was cut to fit.

If you read french there's a couple of cases killed every year in Madagascar. A French men was killed by his gardener for the sake of a couple of used laptops he wanted to sell.

Neddy.

Stick to my rules and you live safe.

In Madagascar poor white people are called vazaha lany mofo. Literally white bread eater.Is there such a thing as a "poor white people" in Madagascar? Even the poorest pensioners who may get only few hundred dollars a month are already receive more than 90% of the population. In a country where most people make $30 to $40 a month.

Maybe the vazaha lany mofo has another meaning to it, something to do with the belief that those who don't eat rice are considered to be barbarians?

Are these the rules you are refereeing to?

1. Thou shalt not marry.

2. Thou shalt not take a live in girl friend.

3. Thou shalt trust nobody.

4. Thou shalt not buy land or property.

5. Thou shalt not make any kind of business.

6. Thou shalt lock up all your valuables at all times.

7. Thou shalt never drink alcohol in excess.

8. Thou shalt never walk in the dark.

9. Thou shalt negotiate the price in advance.

10. Thou shalt never fall in love.

Steve Ohh
10-14-21, 18:13
Until now not really interesting but better than nothing. Madagascar will Re-open it's borders step by step, starting with regional flights. Later Air France and Air Madagascar will offer flights to Europe.

https://lexpress.mg/14/10/2021/tourisme-fin-du-purgatoire/

SouthEaster
10-14-21, 20:03
Odd I did not see any mention of required vaccination, fully or otherwise. Did I miss something or is it not going to be necessary. Have to say I would be quite surprised if they just let it slide after a year and a half of isolation. Unfortunately they are going to start opening just as hurricane season arrives. I am guessing this process will develop hiccups along the way and there will be a few steps back as they try to figure things out. I am going to just say fuck it till next year summer time (northern hemisphere summertime!

Member #4740
10-14-21, 23:10
Unfortunately they are going to start opening just as hurricane season arrives.December is perfect in Tana and Nosy. Jan is another story start to be a pain.

Tinte
10-15-21, 12:37
Vaxxed, tested and depends of country of origin an after arriving quarantine. It was mention in the article and will bee so. Looking good for end of November?

Pokeris
10-15-21, 14:28
Vaxxed, tested and depends of country of origin an after arriving quarantine. It was mention in the article and will bee so. Looking good for end of November?They saying here from beginning of November.

https://actu.orange.mg/madagascar-rouvre-progressivement-ses-frontieres-aeriennes/

Golfinho
10-15-21, 14:45
Vaxxed, tested and depends of country of origin an after arriving quarantine. It was mention in the article and will bee so. Looking good for end of November?No thanks with those kind of rules. This is going to generate a nice shakedown industry for the constabulary, who by now will be hungry hunting vazaha.

SouthEaster
10-15-21, 19:11
Nothing wrong with those rules as long as you qualify and have all the requisite documentation. 1 night quarantine and a 25 dollar test? That is nothing compared to what some countries are currently doing, and likely will be doing in the near future. The local constabulary will have the same opportunity to ding you as they currently do if you don't have your passport with you. Frankly worth the opportunity considering you MAY be hit a couple of times for 5 or 10 K. I can handle that over a stretch of 2-3 months. Hopefully the dolts in charge of immigration will bring back the 3 month VOA. I will be content to sit here in Mexico until December and see how things go.

XXL
10-15-21, 19:37
The article says PCR test on arrival. Quarantine between 24 an 48 hours pending test results. If positive 14-day quarantine.

Tinte
10-15-21, 20:43
https://lexpress.mg/14/10/2021/tourisme-fin-du-purgatoire/

Neddy69
10-15-21, 22:17
https://lexpress.mg/14/10/2021/tourisme-fin-du-purgatoire/Forget it. Too late. The flights are booked solid already by returning expats and malgache. Unless you like to pay moon prices. At least till December. Further you have to read the fine print There will be a red list, which is not published yet. When its out and your country is on it. Game over. EVEN if you have a valid ticket. The next issue. It would not be the first time that the malgache government retracts everything again if they see rising cases. Be prepared to get stuck in paradise?

Neddy.

Who's looking realistically at April 2022 after cyclone season.

Golfinho
10-16-21, 00:13
Nothing wrong with those rules as long as you qualify and have all the requisite documentation. 1 night quarantine and a 25 dollar test? That is nothing compared to what some countries are currently doing, and likely will be doing in the near future. I will be content to sit here in Mexico until December and see how things go.It opens when it opens. Meanwhile no restrictions for Colombia or Mexico. So many places in Mexico where you actually enjoy being there where as Madagascar's got the only one thing going for it. If you're really broke or terminally on the cheap, try Tuxtla, or anywhere in Chiapas.

Member #4740
10-16-21, 01:39
It opens when it opens. Meanwhile no restrictions for Colombia or Mexico. So many places in Mexico where you actually enjoy being there where as Madagascar's got the only one thing going for it. If you're really broke or terminally on the cheap, try Tuxtla, or anywhere in Chiapas.LOL So true and Bogota to DR or Bogota to Mexico city is only 100 USD one way so I am using Bogota as a hub to explore.

Regarding to Mada there is one advantage only above all those countries you can get a GF and spend unlimited time with her without calculating the time. Other than that Mada is garbage.

Tinte
10-16-21, 22:00
Other than that Mada is garbage.I had a unforgettable time in many ways, but sure you have to fit in.

FatLonelyMan
10-17-21, 15:56
Hi at all,

The borders open officialy at the 6th of November. I get the official confirmation yesterday.

Go early or wait. The raining time is December until March.

https://weather.com/de-DE/reisen/beste-reisezeit/news/madagaskars-beste-reisezeit-so-wird-der-urlaub-einzigartig

Neddy69
10-17-21, 17:22
Hi at all,

The borders open officialy at the 6th of November. I get the official confirmation yesterday.

Go early or wait. The raining time is December until March.

https://weather.com/de-DE/reisen/beste-reisezeit/news/madagaskars-beste-reisezeit-so-wird-der-urlaub-einzigartigYou're a wee bit late mate. I got this information already 2240 hrs October 13th by my agent network.

No problem. Hop on a 2000 $ flight. Don't forget to bring Doxycycline for the pneumonic plague.

La Buse.

Manfield04
10-17-21, 20:02
May we know whether you have been to Madagascar? Would you please share the experience of your trip in Madagascar?

Other than that Mada is garbage.

Tinte
10-17-21, 20:09
Don't be so scary to the easily faint heart People. Neddy! Health risk issues are just as they used to bee.

My agent just confirmed me a Air France flight for 1100 Euros that fits a low budget too.

Mora mora. Salama.

Inshalla.

Member #4740
10-17-21, 20:44
Air France flight for 1100 Euros that fits a low budget too.1100 EURO is Low budget? Dir Jeff Bezos why you pretend to be called Tinte?

Tinte! Get some fresh air out of Mom basement.

Member #2001
10-17-21, 21:08
I have heard that the whole country is not raining in November, through January. Certain parts of the country are dry. Is mada one of those.

Countries where you need a return flight out. I heard there was an app for making fake reservations. Can someone please inform me on this? I am really anxious to to. Might even look for work there. Guess its time to start learning French.

Neddy69
10-17-21, 22:50
I have heard that the whole country is not raining in November, through January. Certain parts of the country are dry. Is mada one of those.

Countries where you need a return flight out. I heard there was an app for making fake reservations. Can someone please inform me on this? I am really anxious to to. Might even look for work there. Guess its time to start learning French.Better stay at home in front of your TV and watch National Geographic. It's safe there. I see already you have ZERO clue. Working in Mada? As what? Pousse pousse driver?

If you overstay your visa you'll deported and land in jail. You have three months maximum.

La Buse.

Neddy69
10-17-21, 22:55
Don't be so scary to the easily faint heart People. Neddy! Health risk issues are just as they used to bee.

My agent just confirmed me a Air France flight for 1100 Euros that fits a low budget too.

Mora mora. Salama.

Inshalla.Exactly. Health issues are just as they used to be:

Malaria.

Plague.

Cholera.

Typhoid.

Viral eye infection.

Syphilis.

Scabies.

The common malgache shits.

Just to name the few most common.

La Buse.

Amadeuss
10-18-21, 01:00
. Other than that Mada is garbage.Your backyard also got a lot of garbage. No difference then to Mada.

(No one benefits from simply throwing stones at others whilst overlooking the fact that we ourselves sometimes sit in glass houses).

Member #2001
10-18-21, 05:15
Better stay at home in front of your TV and watch National Geographic. It's safe there. I see already you have ZERO clue. Working in Mada? As what? Pousse pousse driver?

If you overstay your visa you'll deported and land in jail. You have three months maximum.

La Buse.

Some people have skills that others find valuable. FWIW, not my first time in Africa. No need to be insulting. Just wanted to get some information. Respectfully.

Tinte
10-18-21, 05:42
Exactly.

The common malgache shits.

La Buse.After reading your fine reports I would have assumed you had a great time too.

Neddy69
10-18-21, 07:59
After reading your fine reports I would have assumed you had a great time too.Of course. LOL. But you'll suffer. Read some old travel accounts. When the French invaded in 1895:

25 killed in combat.

6,000 died of disease.

When Count Benyowski tried to establish a colony all colonists were dead within 6 months.

The island is best suited to pirates, fugitives, ex legionnaires, soldiers of fortune, outlaws. You'll feel like you're in paradise. Pussies stay at home.

La Buse.

Neddy69
10-18-21, 08:09
Some people have skills that others find valuable. FWIW, not my first time in Africa. No need to be insulting. Just wanted to get some information. Respectfully.If you want information buy the Bradt and work through the WHOLE Madagascar subforum. Like I did. Then book a flight and go there. Spend 10.000 USD. Then you will on a par with the information and contacts I have. Why should I share everything for free. Pay me 100 $ an hour than you save yourself a couple of 1000 bucks.

This forum is not for lazy bums, who expect to get information which cost me 10 of thousands of dollars to obtain to be handed on a silver platter. I know how to get a work permit and a residence permit. If you don't follow the exact procedure you'll never get it. And no. That's not the official way. But if you read every post of mine very careful you'll eventually find it.

So start digging in the forum. Yes. Madagascar. You have to earn it to live there.

La Buse.

TailPipe
10-18-21, 14:25
I thought I had I had seen the light this weekend. I was going to travel around Mada on a motorbike. At first it seemed like a great idea. The advantages are numerous:

1. No time constraints with flights / taxi-brousses. You can come / go whenever you like.

2. Ability to get off the beaten track and see places which you otherwise would not because of logistics.

2. Not having to backpedal to Tana every time but instead travel alternative routes around the country.

3. No suffering in crowded taxi-brousses.

4. No sweating. You are outside in open air.

Until I realised that the area I wanted to cruise in (Androy / Anosy) is largely a 'zone rouge' meaning they are part of the 1/3 of the country where there is near no government presence / authority and where Dahalo rustlers roam the countryside. The chances of us meeting them in the cities we visit are near zero but we tend to forget they are there.

Also there is a serious famine in the south now in the area between Tulear and Fort Dauphin. People are dying.

Neddy69
10-18-21, 16:58
I thought I had I had seen the light this weekend. I was going to travel around Mada on a motorbike. At first it seemed like a great idea. The advantages are numerous:

1. No time constraints with flights / taxi-brousses. You can come / go whenever you like.

2. Ability to get off the beaten track and see places which you otherwise would not because of logistics.

2. Not having to backpedal to Tana every time but instead travel alternative routes around the country.

3. No suffering in crowded taxi-brousses.

4. No sweating. You are outside in open air.

Until I realised that the area I wanted to cruise in (Androy / Anosy) is largely a 'zone rouge' meaning they are part of the 1/3 of the country where there is near no government presence / authority and where Dahalo rustlers roam the countryside. The chances of us meeting them in the cities we visit are near zero but we tend to forget they are there.

Also there is a serious famine in the south now in the area between Tulear and Fort Dauphin. People are dying.Don't worry. There's a madman who did the trip through the zone rouge on a BICYCLE and actually lived to tell the tale:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.economist.com/middle-east-and-africa/2021/09/10/along-the-road-of-tears

Actually what you plan is quite feasible as long as the route you choose is not too extreme. For example Tulear Morombe or even Morondave. But in dry season of course. To import your own bike is prohibitive. But there's an excellent Chinese bike which is sold under the brand name New Mada. Brand new I believe around 1000 $ new. I am not a biker myself. But I know plenty of bikers, mostly French men. Just avoid the too extreme tracks. I know of a French man who disappeared in the brousse with his bike never to be seen again.

La Buse

Who's more into 4×4 and the good old Renault 4....

Tinte
10-18-21, 17:52
Of course. LOL. But you'll suffer. Read some old travel accounts. When the French invaded in 1895:

25 killed in combat.

6,000 died of disease.

When Count Benyowski tried to establish a colony all colonists were dead within 6 months.

The island is best suited to pirates, fugitives, ex legionnaires, soldiers of fortune, outlaws. You'll feel like you're in paradise. Pussies stay at home.

La Buse.

I take the outlaw ()

With respect, you repeat your self and as for me as you might remember, I have been in Mada bevor. It is the matter whether I can travel or not and what Corona has made out of Mada its self. The first set up program will therefor appear rather on the boring side of possibility.

Tana - Toamasina by cotisse and back. No panganales canal etc.

Inspired ?

Member #2001
10-18-21, 21:35
If you want information buy the Bradt and work through the WHOLE Madagascar subforum. Like I did. Then book a flight and go there. Spend 10.000 USD. Then you will on a par with the information and contacts I have. Why should I share everything for free. Pay me 100 $ an hour than you save yourself a couple of 1000 bucks.

This forum is not for lazy bums, who expect to get information which cost me 10 of thousands of dollars to obtain to be handed on a silver platter. I know how to get a work permit and a residence permit. If you don't follow the exact procedure you'll never get it. And no. That's not the official way. But if you read every post of mine very careful you'll eventually find it.

So start digging in the forum. Yes. Madagascar. You have to earn it to live there.

La Buse.Yes, I have read all your posts on this thread. I respect them enormously. I have even taken notes on your writings, and I do carry two passports, I have read several books on Mada. The Brant book is on my list. I am just saying that there are more than one way to skin a cat, or so they use to say. If I decided to stay for more than a year. A work permit would be useful. Another way would be to extend my visa and fly to the nearest country, perhaps on the mainland, stay for few days, weeks, or even months and fly back. We have never met, but the at my age the things, that I have lived through, is enough to make a book from. People say the place I live now is dangerous. JAJAJAJAJA. I was in Mexico. For most of COVID, lived with people that HAD COVID, and still I am around to talk about it. Trust me, I am not a person that has never left their own country before.

Just saying. No disrespect here.

Neddy69
10-19-21, 05:51
Yes, I have read all your posts on this thread. I respect them enormously. I have even taken notes on your writings, and I do carry two passports, I have read several books on Mada. The Brant book is on my list. I am just saying that there are more than one way to skin a cat, or so they use to say. If I decided to stay for more than a year. A work permit would be useful. Another way would be to extend my visa and fly to the nearest country, perhaps on the mainland, stay for few days, weeks, or even months and fly back. We have never met, but the at my age the things, that I have lived through, is enough to make a book from. People say the place I live now is dangerous. JAJAJAJAJA. I was in Mexico. For most of COVID, lived with people that HAD COVID, and still I am around to talk about it. Trust me, I am not a person that has never left their own country before.

Just saying. No disrespect here.Fair enough. So why you were asking about the climate. LOL. Way too expensive to fly to the mainland. Either Nairobi or Addis Ababa is costing you at least 600 $ return. What most Frenchman do is they fly to Reunion. Which is not exactly cheap either around 3 to 400 $. There's other ways. You can just bribe your way to visa extensions. I heard the going rate is 200€. It used to be every 3 months. Now every 2 months. So an expensive proposition. The above applies to normal times.

Through Covid I know a couple of people who spent more than a year on legal Visa extensions. But these times will come to an end soon. One way or the other it's costing you 100's of Euros if you insist to stay more than 3 months.

La Buse.

Neddy69
10-19-21, 05:57
I take the outlaw ()

With respect, you repeat your self and as for me as you might remember, I have been in Mada bevor. It is the matter whether I can travel or not and what Corona has made out of Mada its self. The first set up program will therefor appear rather on the boring side of possibility.

Tana - Toamasina by cotisse and back. No panganales canal etc.

Inspired ?Tamatave? The best climate is now. October November. Relative low humidity. After December high humidity and loads of partially heavy rain and tropical cyclones. The Highlands should be very pleasant now as it is the onset of spring. The jacaranda will be in full blooms and Tana will look outright pretty at times minus the pollution and congestion.

La Buse.

Amadeuss
10-19-21, 10:52
Who's more into 44 and the good old Renault 4....There's a Duchman, movie maker, who owns 3 restored R4 in a decent shape of 40 year old cars. He's one of the few to rent a car without driver. Majority will rent a 4 x 4 with a driver only.

Neddy69
10-20-21, 09:28
There's a Duchman, movie maker, who owns 3 restored R4 in a decent shape of 40 year old cars. He's one of the few to rent a car without driver. Majority will rent a 4 x 4 with a driver only.Thanks. I heard. Met a Dutch couple back in Tamatave driving a lovely restored grey R4. This island is really like a big village. Almost every vazaha knows each other.

La Buse.

Who's planning for a one way ticket to isle rouge.

Tinte
10-22-21, 21:07
Air France is selling tickets starting 6. November and the prices have tripled in a week. Yes one can call me Jeff if I would by a ticket, but further more: according to my agent most of those flights will bee cancelnd anyway.

Amadeuss
10-23-21, 22:45
...... according to my agent most of those flights will bee cancelnd anyway.Your agent seems to be a very well informed insider in Tana with connections to the highest level. Approximately more than 10.000 Malagasy people are on those flights within Nov-Dez. They will not be amused.

Can you please let us have your agents contact?

Tinte
10-24-21, 07:16
https://lexpress.mg/22/10/2021/ouverture-des-frontieres-les-voyageurs-a-lassaut-des-billets-paris-antananarivo/

Furter more , in the official web-page of Air France with the exception of Wednesday you could still book at any day of the week . Jeff would book Businessclass .

Neddy69
10-24-21, 07:30
https://lexpress.mg/22/10/2021/ouverture-des-frontieres-les-voyageurs-a-lassaut-des-billets-paris-antananarivo/

Furter more , in the official web-page of Air France with the exception of Wednesday you could still book at any day of the week . Jeff would book Businessclass .Sure. 2500 $ for a flight. Air France and Air Mad will fly. Even Ethiopian. From November 9th. To Tana. And all the people from the red listed countries will be bumped from boarding. As easy as that. Where you have this idea that flights will be cancelled? Maybe you should change your agent.

La Buse

Who will return to Isle rouge, when pandemonium and chaos have subsided.

Tinte
10-24-21, 08:00
Where you have this idea that flights will be cancelled? Maybe you should change your agent.

Just read the article to the end.

Neddy69
10-24-21, 08:24
Just read the article to the end.That's an old news. That has all been sorted out. And Air Mad is cash strapped. They have 2 be 737-800 one of which is parked. They have no cash to pay for a new power plant. There was a confusion in the booking systems as Airlines scrambled to implement the changes when the government announced the opening Oct. 13th. Of course they'll sell all tickets they can. If the flight actually departs you'll see. LOL.

La Buse.

Who's booked to GEA. German East Africa. No COVID BS. No mask mandate. No vaxx. John RIP.

Tinte
10-24-21, 08:35
Air Ethiopia could bee a alternative. Thanks.

Amadeuss
10-24-21, 08:49
Air Ethiopia could bee a alternative. Thanks.Your info base from your agent is poor. Fire him!

Ethiopian still got no landing rights. People who booked got cancellations. But Ethiopian keeps the money. Only offers a voucher. Shithead company.

TailPipe
10-24-21, 13:08
I have been looking at options to travel to and from Fort Dauphin. Amadeuss has touched upon this before and his conclusions are right. It is not feasible to travel to Fort Dauphin by road from anywhere if you are on a short trip.

There are 3 options by road.

1. Rn 10 Fort Dauphin to Tulear: 3 days 2 nights non stop in a camion brousse. If you have the time I guess you could do it half comfortably in a week if you divide the distance in 3 seperate journeys. Would give you the possibility to visit lesser known cities like Ambovombe (population 125.000 probably not much infrastructure).

Alternatively you can take the coastal road that runs parallel to the rn10 by 4x4.

2. Rn 12 Fort Dauphin to Manakara: 3 to 4 days (2 to 3 nights in a hotel) in a privately hired 4 x 4. Beautiful scenery. 10 ferryboats to take, awful roads. If you have the time and money a journey to remember.

3. Rn 13 Fort Dauphin to Tananarive: Camion brousses apparently in convoy because the area between Ihosy and Ambovombe is largely bandit country. Again appalling roads, travelling with no end and unsafe.

That just leaves you with flights from Tana (or Tulear when available).

Member #4740
10-24-21, 13:18
There are 3 options by road..There are zero options by road you can get robbed easy. They starving now in the south, Fly everywhere.

TailPipe
10-24-21, 17:50
There are zero options by road you can get robbed easy.
They starving now in the south, Fly everywhere.Don't generalise. I have not read reports of extreme insecurity on the Rn10 or the Rn12. But I agree mugs shouldn't fly to Madagascar. Many 'bad hombres' there. They can kill you very easy peasy.

Member #4740
10-24-21, 17:55
I have not read reports of extreme insecurity.Read Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Madagascar_food_crisis

As a result as this you won't go by road or by any mean.

Tinte
10-24-21, 20:48
Your info base from your agent is poor. Fire him!

Ethiopian still got no landing rights. People who booked got cancellations. But Ethiopian keeps the money. Only offers a voucher. Shithead company.After the most appreciated suggestion I had a look at the booking platform and it was promising at first glance only. Their terms and conditions are out of (XXXX).

La Brousse this year is right in front of you and does not just start in Ivato or at Le Glacier .

TailPipe
10-24-21, 22:11
Read Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Madagascar_food_crisis

As a result as this you won't go by road or by any mean.In that case one should eat a double cheeseburger menu with bacon before departure.

Neddy69
10-25-21, 19:09
Don't generalise. I have not read reports of extreme insecurity on the Rn10 or the Rn12. But I agree mugs shouldn't fly to Madagascar. Many 'bad hombres' there. They can kill you very easy peasy.No need to get overly excited. Dahalo exists since time immortal. And no need to go zone rouge. There were violent robberies for example also on RN 34 in the past. A public bus can be robbed by highwaymen everywhere. Avoid overnight travel. Travel in convoy. Be prepared for road blocks. Dahalo can operate in quite strength 100 cattles rustlers or more. If you're unlucky they maim or kill you outright. C'est la vie.

They operate in remote areas. So they can rob you at their leisure and usually are melted away until the gendarmerie nationale arrives at the scene a couple hours later.

Bienvenue a Isle rouge.

La Buse.

There's even a computer game....

https://youtu.be/a05q2leezB0

Tinte
10-25-21, 19:51
https://www.mada-liberte.com/

Why not? Well not for me as one gets very exhausted for the night to com . Besides thats in Mada like looking for trouble .

Golfinho
10-26-21, 02:41
I have been looking at options to travel to and from Fort Dauphin. Amadeuss has touched upon this before and his conclusions are right. It is not feasible to travel to Fort Dauphin by road from anywhere if you are on a short trip.

There are 3 options by road.
Would give you the possibility to visit lesser known cities like Ambovombe (population 125.000 probably not much.Having been to Ft. Dauphin, I can tell you there is nothing there. It takes no imagination to infer that a place like Ambovombe has "probably not much infrastructure."

On the plane to Ft. Dauphin, a fellow passenger (from South Africa) informed me of his reason for going: he was given the option of serving his remaining Jo'burg prison sentence by working in a mining operation in Ft. Dauphin. BTW, the mining company had commandeered all the hostelry in town for its people, leaving not even uncle needy class lodging for the intrepid tourist. But maybe things have improved and the Chinese have arrived. On the plus side, as you perambulate the landscape (don't forget your rain gear) you'll be surrounded, stalked, and followed by a swarming pack of kids, some not so young, and all are hungry. Check ID's. Oh wait, there aren't any.

"Lesser known cities." That's funny.

Member #4740
11-04-21, 18:27
Ethiopian airlines start flying to Mada on Jan only. Why?

Many Mada girls already did the johnson and johnson vacassine but the Certificate they got is sloopy handwriting and in Malagash only without passport number or QR code.

Amadeuss
11-05-21, 07:57
Ethiopian airlines start flying to Mada on Jan only. Why?.Ethiopian is at the moment a NoGo airline with the increasing war in their country. Don't book!

In addition, they offer flights although they not have yet landing rights in Madagascar. Wait until the Madagascar Ministry of Tourism announces that ET also is approved. But you can book AF, Neo, AirMad and Air Austral.

Neddy69
11-05-21, 08:19
Ethiopian airlines start flying to Mada on Jan only. Why?

Many Mada girls already did the johnson and johnson vacassine but the Certificate they got is sloopy handwriting and in Malagash only without passport number or QR code.Why do you worry. Most countries are redlisted anyway. So unless you're French Spanish or Portuguese the chance is NIL to board an aircraft to TNR. And if the TDF / OLA rebels topple the government in AA then Addis will be closed for a long time as international hub. If you're French national booked on Air France you might be able to actually enter Mada.

La Buse.

Who'll continue to suffer in COVID prison to rake in more money until spring.

Albert9989
11-05-21, 10:07
I can see some flights available, not every days and minimum is 1117 euros to go and I see some others for return around 990 euros.

So yes, there are flights from Paris, but cost is a bit unusual.

Member #4740
11-05-21, 16:57
Ethiopian is at the moment a NoGo airline with the increasing war in their country. Don't book!

In addition, they offer flights although they not have yet landing rights in Madagascar. Wait until the Madagascar Ministry of Tourism announces that ET also is approved. But you can book AF, Neo, AirMad and Air Austral.I tried Neo website but nothing. Lets wait until everything get clear.

Golfinho
11-06-21, 00:13
I left Madagascar in March 2020 on the day before they closed the border on the last commercial flight out. And after that chaos, I'll be damned if I'm going to be on one of the first flights in. Mada can wait a long time before I'll go back.

Steve Ohh
11-06-21, 16:20
Ethiopian is at the moment a NoGo airline with the increasing war in their country. Don't book!

In addition, they offer flights although they not have yet landing rights in Madagascar. Wait until the Madagascar Ministry of Tourism announces that ET also is approved. But you can book AF, Neo, AirMad and Air Austral.That's it!

I just want to add Air Mauritius, they also have the permit to fly to Tana and offer flights to Europe. But in case of that route ask for condition on Mauritius. Could be a problem or not. I did not inform. Neosair, now flights are available in April only.

Member #4740
11-10-21, 15:19
Nothing about it and the entry requirements. Its not just about flights its about the policy of entering the country, testing etc.

Does they change there mind or?

Amadeuss
11-10-21, 19:58
Nothing about it and the entry requirements. Its not just about flights its about the policy of entering the country, testing etc.

Does they change there mind or?Mada is open for tourists. And entering conditions are more simple then Thailand and have less restrictions than Kenya: PCR Test on arrival, wait 1 to 2 days in a hotel of your choice -- and then you free to have fun at the Glacier or wherever the putes are. No curfew, no obligation to wear mask.

What's your complain about?

"Rock me Amadeuss".

SouthEaster
11-10-21, 20:36
A couple of possible reasons. The are making it up as they go and that will necessitate delays as they try to figure things out and change what is not working, OR they have a plan, but it not going to plan! Either way it is not surprising.

Member #4740
11-11-21, 02:24
Mada is open for tourists. And entering conditions are more simple then Thailand and have less restrictions than Kenya: PCR Test on arrival, wait 1 to 2 days in a hotel of your choice .According to the the minister of tourism you need.

1. Negative result of an Rt-PCR test.

Presentation of a negative result of an Rt-PCR test performed 72 hours before boarding;.

2. Certificate of reservation for 2 nights.

Presentation of 2 nights hotel booking certification and proof of payment of a hotel room for at least 1 night for self-isolation;.

3. Rt-PCR test on arrival.

Performing a Rt-PCR test upon arrival in Madagascar, at the traveler's expense (25 euros);.

4. Airport-hotel transfer.

The airport-hotel transfer is provided by an approved shuttle, at the traveler's expense;.

5. Letter of commitment.

Presentation of a letter of commitment to stay in self-isolation until the test result is obtained;.

6. Travel tracking form.

The completion of a travel tracking form after the self-isolation period;

Note:

You can only allowed to land in Tana! And not Nosy and you must come from a "green" country and from only 3 airports. Before you fly you need to book a specific hotel from government list.

https://madagascar-tourisme.com/fr/reouverture-des-frontieres/

Member #4740
11-11-21, 02:44
entering conditions are more simple then Thailand .Also you can not leave the room or get a visitor.

To get to this approved hotel from the list you also need approved transport. You can't just go and take a any taxi.

What if the PCR test will not arrive? You will be locked in the room and call who?

Tinte
11-11-21, 08:57
Book a hotel for two nights including shuttle from the list, pay it. Let it confirm. The rest ist to the room maid.
PCR test is no Issue since at that point you already had on done negativ at home .

Member #4740
11-11-21, 15:32
PCR test is no Issue.OK let us know when you are on the ground with zero issues.

Tinte
11-11-21, 17:49
OK let us know when you are on the ground with zero issues.Where do you see the issue?

You have to bee tested negativ () bevor leaving your country, on arrival again. Moste likely you will bee negativ again. You get driven to your hotel by a driver moste likely from the hotel you have booked and payed bevor and all you have to let the authorities know. Thats the way they tell you to do .

What are the red Countries by the way?

Steve Ohh
11-11-21, 18:41
There are several countries on the list. 300 cases of 100.000 citizen a week and that country is on the red list. But last time that just meant boarding in that country was not allowed. If you started your journey/boarding in a green country everything was fine. If France is on the list it would be game over. We will see what will happen next days. Cases increasing in a lot of countries, so the red list will also increase soon I guess.

Albert9989
11-11-21, 20:55
There are several countries on the list. 300 cases of 100.000 citizen a week and that country is on the red list. But last time that just meant boarding in that country was not allowed. If you started your journey/boarding in a green country everything was fine. If France is on the list it would be game over. We will see what will happen next days. Cases increasing in a lot of countries, so the red list will also increase soon I guess.Only 3 departure airports, Paris CDG, Mauritius, La Reunion, one destination Tana.

So I guess France is not on red list. Up to now.

But also:

"Si LE voyageur vient the'un pays classé « rouge » mais qu'il prend l'avion depuis un pays « vert », qu'en est-il de ce genre de cas?

Non, ce voyageur ne peut pas venir à Madagascar".

Google translate: If the traveller comes from a "red" country but flies from a "green" country, what about such cases?

No, this traveller cannot come to Madagascar.

They must be able to know how you stayed in France maybe if you are foreigner from red country and fly from Paris. Or its just forbidden.