PDA

View Full Version : Burma vs. Laos

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Amjeck
09-02-10, 17:02
Got my Visa done at the Myanmar embassy yesterday.
Embassy in which city?

Terwagne
09-06-10, 08:30
Emperor was busy with many asian customers and lots of girls walking around. Met a fairly tall, very slim girl with a classy look. Back at the hotel she was fun and good in bed. We fall asleep and in the midddle of the night, 4. 30 am, she decides to wake me up tenderly with cuddles and a BJ. This is a good girl, and I give her 40, 000 K in the morning. (no money had been discussed earlier)

A few days later, I visit JJ and while there are lots of girls nothing catches my eye, not sure why and at 11 pm I return to Emperor. The place is emptying at that time with maybe 10 girls left, but I still find a good looking girl. She is shy, a bit passive but still gives a pleasant experience.

The girls in Yangon are different from Bangkok or Manila, but they can be charming and show kindness and affection. Generally an enjoyable experience.

Cristal
09-06-10, 09:10
Emperor was busy with many asian customers and lots of girls walking around. Met a fairly tall, very slim girl with a classy look. Back at the hotel she was fun and good in bed. We fall asleep and in the midddle of the night, 4.30 am, she decides to wake me up tenderly with cuddles and a BJ. This is a good girl, and I give her 40,000 K in the morning. (no money had been discussed earlier)

A few days later, I visit JJ and while there are lots of girls nothing catches my eye, not sure why and at 11 pm I return to Emperor. The place is emptying at that time with maybe 10 girls left, but I still find a good looking girl. She is shy, a bit passive but still gives a pleasant experience.

The girls in Yangon are different from Bangkok or Manila, but they can be charming and show kindness and affection. Generally an enjoyable experience.Thanks for the update. I never found JJ a good joint to pick up the girls but some punters disagree. I guess choice differs.

Mua Tur
09-18-10, 13:57
Coming to yangoon end of this month.

Will be gald and appreciate to meet fellows of yangooners.

For some hangout and couple of drinks.

Hah Baht
09-20-10, 13:16
I was looking forward to going again in Nov., but they are making too difficult to get a visa again. I hope they go back to the visa on arrival soon.

Keantan24
09-21-10, 18:24
The general election is coming. I was wondering whether there will be any interruption to the night scene. Can anyone shred some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Fast Eddie 48
09-22-10, 00:18
Embassy in which city?To Amjeck

I go to the one in Bangkok you can get it in a few days you can also get cheap flight to ranggon from BKK around 190 USD round trip, you can also go to the US site fill out a form for VOA they have a embassy in NYC.

Fast Eddie 48

Cristal
09-22-10, 02:09
The general election is coming. I was wondering whether there will be any interruption to the night scene. Can anyone shred some light on this?

VoA has been suspended. The NGO's are not being given visa extentions and have been asked to leave. The Junta do not want foreigners in their country before, during and immediately after the elections.

No tourists = No business = No girls

The nightlife would probably be dead or very limited during October, November and December. On the flip side one MAY possibly have a much wider selection of girls at lower prices :)

Keantan24
09-22-10, 17:01

The nightlife would probably be dead or very limited during October, November and December. On the flip side one MAY possibly have a much wider selection of girls at lower prices :)Thanks Meeone.

I was actually thinking of going there around mid October.

Now I have to give a second thought.

Rick
09-27-10, 11:41

The nightlife would probably be dead or very limited during October, November and December. On the flip side one MAY possibly have a much wider selection of girls at lower prices :)

No tourists = No business = No girls (this is possible)

On the flip side one MAY possibly have a much wider selection of girls at lower prices (wider selection - YES, lower price I don't think so maybe the opposite. They need to cover the cost and you are there to help out.)

Just my view :)

Pointy Stick
09-28-10, 10:33
To Amjeck

I go to the one in Bangkok you can get it in a few days you can also get cheap flight to ranggon from BKK around 190 USD round trip, you can also go to the US site fill out a form for VOA they have a embassy in NYC.

Fast Eddie 48

Is there a next day visa service and if so how much extra would it cost? I have a return ticket but no visa for late November.

Fast Eddie 48
09-30-10, 22:36
Is there a next day visa service and if so how much extra would it cost? I have a return ticket but no visa for late November.Pointy,

Yes you can get a express visa form the embassy or tour operator at Silom area can get it for you not sure about the cost .

Fast eddie 48.

Golfinho
10-01-10, 13:57

Thanks in advance.Just left Myanmar yesterday. They are definitely gearing up for the election, although most people don't expect the results to change things either way. MY gut feeling (after multiple visits to Myanmar) is: better to not go there until the dust settles. The government is going to exhibit maximum control of this situation. For the long-term, I'm optimistic that the present government really is sincere and is trying to bring 'progress' to the country. They just want to do it their way. One man's considered opinion is all. Note that new Myanmar Air lounge is opening in Yangon airport, and there seems to be an air of international quality customer service. Maybe a harbinger. I'm waiting for now, and thinking a return in January next time I need to leave Thailand for a few days. Just to repeat an earlier post: Myanmar offers few comforts and after a couple days you'll have had enough and be ready to go once the novelty of the sheer antiquatedness of the place wears off.

RCA Knight
10-01-10, 14:07
If you are in BKK, basically all travel agents in Silom, Ratchada, Kao San Road will get the visa for you. The price depends how fast you need it. From 1 week, 3 days, 2 days, and even have one day express, you send in passport at 9AM and they get the visa back to you at 5 PM, I had that done once from a travel agent in Fortune Town Ratchada for 2500 bahts, but don't know if they have the same day express now just before the Nov election.

If you are in HK, any travel agent in Wan Chai, Tsim Sha Tsui, Yau Ma Tei, Central, ect will apply for you, takes 2-3 days. 200-250 HKD. In Singapore as well, almost any travel agent can apply for you, but Chinatown and Little India maybe cheaper, it takes about 3 days by agent. Cost 40-50 SGD.

At this time apply visa by yourself maybe more troublesome, as the visa staff may question you in details what exactly what you want to do in Myanmar. May not be too bad to tell them chasing ladies only, instead of watching the election.

Denom
10-01-10, 18:52
If you are in BKK, basically all travel agents in Silom, Ratchada, Kao San Road will get the visa for you. Are you sure this is up to date? Last time I was there a few months ago no travel agency would do it because the Embassy was opposed to it. I had to go myself line up at the Embassy to get it.

RCA Knight
10-01-10, 20:21
denom, my visa info in bkk is before launching voa, or before may. from may to sep, all nationalities could get voa in the airport. so no point of getting visa through travel agency during that period.

don't know if bkk embassy now tightened up applications by agents or not. you should try ratchada chinese owned agencies, there are a whole bunch of them there, a few in fortune town, they seem to be able to get all kinds of visa for you quickly with all kinds of speedy charges. a friend got a iran visa in 2 days thru these chinese agents last year.

btw, a friend just got a normal 28 days visa recently in hk, single entry, 3 month validity, thru travel agent, took 3 days and 230 hkd, i may also get one in case i want to go with him in nov after election, it's going to be a buyer's heaven during that time.

Pointy Stick
10-02-10, 04:09
Thanks for all your replies. Hopefully things will ease up in late November and they reimplement the VOA plan.

In the meanwhile I will RTFF and look forward posting a report when I return from Rangoon.

Golfinho
10-02-10, 15:58
Are you sure this is up to date? Last time I was there a few months ago no travel agency would do it because the Embassy was opposed to it. I had to go myself line up at the Embassy to get it.Second week of September, while checking flights travel agent on same street as Consulate in BKK offered to get visa for me. I had time so walked over and did it myself. About 1000 baht for next day service.

As for the scene in Yangon: nothing new. Same as it's been. Would fully anticipate a clampdown during election.informed people there not expecting the country to change after 5 November voting is over. Myanmar is an interesting novelty, but the lack of internet, amenities, money inconvenience, etc. Makes it good only for a short jaunt.

Golfinho
10-02-10, 16:11
In Yangon last week, I went over to Bangladesh Embassy/Consulate to get visa for Dhaka. Embassy staff was talking about colleague who arrived in Myanmar in July, caught hepatitis B, and had just gone home. While I was there next day to pick-up the visa, a phone call came through informing them their colleague had died. Shock all around, obviously. They said the man had been receiving treatment in best hospital in Yangon but he wasn't getting better. Why he didn't leave earlier, who know, maybe Bangladesh care is just as bad. Anyhow, I later mentioned this to Burmese MD I met who cautioned very clearly about food, pathogen hazards, and who also said apropos of nothing that std's were epidemic, don't believe anything girls say and to wear condoms always. Always thought Burma was an old-fashioned, anachronistic place. In a good way until hearing this. Caution needed.

RCA Knight
10-03-10, 04:33
actually all southeast asia, except sing, malay, brunei, and also china as well all in the hep epidemic zones. hep b is mostly infected by blood or body fluid, infection must enter your blood streams, so unprotected sexual contact can be the main transmission. there are different findings if oral sex can transmit hep b, but data inconclusive, so it means probably very very low to none.

but hep a is very easily transmitted by rimming, or eating foods infected with [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113). but for us whorists, probably getting hep a from rimming girls' asses has higher probability than eating foods with [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113). remember in china 2 billion people are possible carriers. i stop rimming almost a few years back after a friend got hep a in thailand possibly from rimming, he did not eat any street foods and most dined in nice places.

hep a and hep b normally recover on their own after extended rests, death very rare, but can happen to people with terrible immunity.

besides hep a and b, myanmar in fact has very very high std and hiv rates, according who, just the correct stats are not been done. be extra careful, even with the most innocent looking young girl, and think about the high risks of rimming and licking in this high risk country. play extra safe here.

Golfinho
10-03-10, 16:13
actually all southeast asia, except sing, malay, brunei, and also china as well all in the hep epidemic zones. hep b is mostly infected by blood or body fluid, infection must enter your blood streams, so unprotected sexual contact can be the main transmission. there are different findings if oral sex can transmit hep b, but data inconclusive, so it means probably very very low to none.

but hep a is very easily transmitted by rimming, or eating foods infected with [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113). but for us whorists, probably getting hep a from rimming girls' asses has higher probability than eating foods with [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113). remember in china 2 billion people are possible carriers. i stop rimming almost a few years back after a friend got hep a in thailand possibly from rimming, he did not eat any street foods and most dined in nice places.

hep a and hep b normally recover on their own after extended rests, death very rare, but can happen to people with terrible immunity.

besides hep a and b, myanmar in fact has very very high std and hiv rates, according who, just the correct stats are not been done. be extra careful, even with the most innocent looking young girl, and think about the high risks of rimming and licking in this high risk country. play extra safe here.actually, yes: disease is everywhere.

issue is: good health care. get emergency sick in myanmar, you may be taking your life in your hands.

WildHawk
10-18-10, 04:23
Postings from Myanmar have been thin of late. I wonder whether anyone has any insight about the status of visa on arrival. I would like to visit the first week of December. I understand this would be about a month after the elections and things are dicey.

I am flying to Bangkok from the US and have a little more than a week open (default being that I just spend the time in the LOS, but I'd like an exotic/slightly "verboten" trip, even if the punting ain't the greatest in Yangon). Any advice/news greatly appreciated.

Fast Eddie 48
10-20-10, 00:46
Postings from Myanmar have been thin of late. I wonder whether anyone has any insight about the status of visa on arrival. I would like to visit the first week of December. I understand this would be about a month after the elections and things are dicey.

I am flying to Bangkok from the US and have a little more than a week open (default being that I just spend the time in the LOS, but I'd like an exotic/slightly "verboten" trip, even if the punting ain't the greatest in Yangon). Any advice/news greatly appreciated.Wildhawk,

I was told by my buddy that do alot of business in Yangon they will resume VOA by early next yr ,if you go now you can go to travel agent silom rd in BKK to get a tourist or business visa allow 3-4 days.

Fast eddie 48

RCA Knight
10-20-10, 12:43
No VOA since September. Main reason, they don't want media people, observers mix in with tourists. I just got a visa through travel agent in Singapore last week, cost only 50SGD, think about make a trip there in Nov with a friend. Heard if you apply by yourself at embassy, they really investigate and interrogate you.

WildHawk
10-20-10, 22:20
No VOA since September. Main reason, they don't want media people, observers mix in with tourists. I just got a visa through travel agent in Singapore last week, cost only 50SGD, think about make a trip there in Nov with a friend. Heard if you apply by yourself at embassy, they really investigate and interrogate you.Thanks, guys for the advice and info. With a three-day wait, I am concerned about leaving the passport with an agency in BKK, though, as it would limit my travels within Thailand (flights, hotel registration, etc.) beforehand. Oh well, will be simply horrible having to pass the time in Phuket and Pattaya.

Damn.

Fast Eddie 48
10-21-10, 06:07
Thanks, guys for the advice and info. With a three-day wait, I am concerned about leaving the passport with an agency in BKK, though, as it would limit my travels within Thailand (flights, hotel registration, etc.) beforehand. Oh well, will be simply horrible having to pass the time in Phuket and Pattaya.

Damn.Wildhawk,

I think you worry too much just check in to a BKK hotel and then made a copy of your passport, option is get your visa in the US before you leave for you trip.

Fast Eddie 48

Pedro 917
10-31-10, 15:54
Hi

Once this election is out of the way I think I will give Rangoon a go for a few days

From what I have read The Emperor seems to be the place to go.

Can someone please confirm that the hotel and the girlie night club are the same thing and whereabouts is it situated in the hotel? i.e basement 2nd floor etc?

Thanx

Pedro

Cristal
11-01-10, 15:36
Can someone please confirm that the hotel and the girlie night club are the same thing and whereabouts is it situated in the hotel? i.e basement 2nd floor etc?

High end:
Park Royal with the Music Club in the basement

Low end:
Asia Plaza Hotel with its disco in the basement

:)

Pedro 917
11-02-10, 14:19
Hi Meeone

Thanks for prompt response..

Unfortunately I did not make myself very clear what I wanted to know is ~~ does the Emperor have a music club on the premises and is it in the basement?

Also where would you rather stay/monger Emperor or Panorama?

Thanks again

Pedro

Cristal
11-02-10, 17:31
Hi Meeone

Thanks for prompt response..
Unfortunately I did not make myself very clear what I wanted to know is ~~ does the Emperor have a music club on the premises and is it in the basement?

Also where would you rather stay/monger Emperor or Panorama?
Thanks again

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

The Emperor is a night club - not a hotel. Best time to get there is at 8pm. Stay at the Panorama, it is ok for the price and pretty near the action.

Cheers!

Pedro 917
11-03-10, 14:07
Hi Pedro,

The Emperor is a night club - not a hotel. Best time to get there is at 8pm. Stay at the Panorama, it is ok for the price and pretty near the action.

Cheers!

Doh!

Thanks Meeone

Pedro917

Pedro 917
11-15-10, 05:34
Now the election farce is out of the way any news on Visa on Arrival ~~~ Anyone know if it has it been reinstated?

Internet seems devoid of info on subject!

Pedro917

Golfinho
11-15-10, 17:30
Now the election farce is out of the way any news on Visa on Arrival ~~~ Anyone know if it has it been reinstated?

Internet seems devoid of info on subject!

Pedro917Doubt the Burmese people characterize their situation as farce. Are the Myanmar consulates devoid of answering their telephones?

Too soon to plan my next trip back and feel bad for what is in store for them (at least in the short term).

Otari
11-17-10, 18:35
Is legal for a foreigner to have sex with a Burma citizen or can I the girl can get trouble with the police?

It's mongering really so bad in Burma? Are there maybe some places that you could recommend?

Can somebody compare with Burma with Laos please?

Thanks for any info

Iching
11-26-10, 17:08
Is legal for a foreigner to have sex with a Burma citizen or can I the girl can get trouble with the police?

It's mongering really so bad in Burma? Are there maybe some places that you could recommend?

Can somebody compare with Burma with Laos please?

Thanks for any infoI've never been to Burma but reading this forum and others its not like lao's where its against the law to go with a lady and pay her for P4P, you can get woman in Burma without any problem, they even come to your Hotel with a couple of ladys so I'm told.

PaulBest
12-01-10, 09:54
I will be in Yangon middle January at Traders hotel.

Does somebody knows if the Traders is girlfriendly?

Thanks

Hah Baht
12-02-10, 04:07
I will be in Yangon middle January at Traders hotel.

Does somebody knows if the Traders is girlfriendly?

Thanks
The last time I was there in Feb., they charged $10US for guest.

Liggi1
12-06-10, 06:29
I was last at Traders beginning February 2010. No charge for Visitors (girls).

I will be again there end of January 2011.

Daddy San
12-07-10, 14:49
Hi there,

I am planning to be in Yangon late February for up to a week, whiich I understand is enough for mongering purposes.
I also understand that there are no ATMs and banks exchange USD only at the official rate which is a nono.

How do I go about exchanging USD notes (I know, new, uncreased,.100$ notes) at the black market rate (close to 1000 Kyat/USD)?

Is is safe to do so?
I know you can get conned, but getting arrested would be far worse.

Thanks
DS

Sexy Man40
12-08-10, 10:47
Hi All,

I will be travelling to Yangon 10th Feb 2011 for about 5/6 days and I would put out a invitation to have a few drinks with anyone who can give me a few pointers.

Thanks

Cristal
12-08-10, 15:55
Hi there,

How do I go about exchanging USD notes (I know, new, uncreased. 100$ notes) at the black market rate (close to 1000 Kyat / USD)? Here is the today's exchange rate:

Myanmar. Exchange. 21: US Dollar Exchange Rate.

(Wednesday, December 8, 2010)

Yangon Market (Offer Price@10:30 AM)

Dollar 1 USD = 880. 885 Kyats.

[ Buy= 880 Kyats / Sell = 885 Kyats ]

Yangon Market (Offer Price@12:30 PM)

Dollar 1 USD = 877. 882 Kyats.

[ Buy= 877 Kyats / Sell = 882 Kyats ]

Yangon Market (Offer Price@3:00 PM)

[ Buy= 880 Kyats / Sell = 885 Kyats ]

Exchange Price May be Change Time & Place.

-

Cheers!

Golfinho
12-09-10, 14:10
Here is the today's exchange rate:

Dollar 1 USD = 877. 882 Kyats.

! That's a pretty dramatic drop from the high 900s only recently. Is this the actual rate being given unofficially at Bogyoke or around town? One thing I noticed is that at the airport exchange. The one after you have cleared customs / immigration and are at the departure gates. Is that every time I've been there, the rate has been 1000:1. Always tempted to lay in a stash of kyat, but never know if it will be my last time in Mayanmar.

Cristal
12-09-10, 21:21
That's a pretty dramatic drop from the high 900s only recently. Is this the actual rate being given unofficially at Bogyoke or around town? One thing I noticed is that at the airport exchange. The one after you have cleared customs / immigration and are at the departure gates. Is that every time I've been there, the rate has been 1000:1. Always tempted to lay in a stash of kyat, but never know if it will be my last time in Mayanmar.Be careful if buying from the airport. You would likely to be shortchanged.

Golfinho
12-10-10, 01:54
Be careful if buying from the airport. You would likely to be shortchanged.At the 'official' (looking) one? The one with the glass teller window, right next to the restaurant, and the souvenir sellers at the departure gate area? They told me they only sell kyat for dollars and I could buy as much as I want at 1000:1. This was back in September. Are you saying that this is the place that will shortchange?

RCA Knight
12-11-10, 13:18
I spent 3 nights in Yangon+2 nights in Bagan over the election weekend and the release of Suu Kyi. All the night venues were normal during this period. Arrived on election day by Silk Air and checked in the Kandawgyi Palace Hotel. All clubs were open. Another friend was in Yangon first 2 nights before me. The exchange rate at that time was 890 in market.

3 nights, we went to all these regular places, Emperor, Palace, and the one opposite side called Zero Zone. Palace and Zero Zone were so empty and lady number and quality were so bad, not worthy mention. 2 of the 3 nights, pulled girls from Emperor. The quality also has gone down compared my last visit quite sometimes back. The number of local customers has risen considerably. Every night was full after 9PM, and seemed 80% of customers were local men.

First lady. Some waiter brought her to me from somewhere, and she looked okay in the dark, and quite young and fresh looking, but not exactly a cutie. We sat in the back and fondled a bit and saw some fashion show. I took her out and agreed on 30k. These waiters saw me taking lady out, all rushed to me trying to sell me their domestic condom. I prepared some Japanese "like wearing nothing" type condom that I bought a whole bunch last trip when I was in Harajuku.

Like to discourage people from staying in Kandawgyi Palace. The front desk checked the girl's ID and interrogated her for so long, I thought they were going to turn her away, but finally after a long while they let her in. I think this place do not like sex tourism. I was glad I only book a hotel for each night. 3 different hotels for 3 nights.

The girl gave good BBBJ, but had some body smell that kind of turned me off. Had trouble finishing, after the act, I was tired and she asked me if she can go, I let her go and she was happy to go, but asked me for another 3k for taxi which I refused because I did not have anything smaller than 5k, all new bills.

Second day, switched to Traders, my favorite in Yangon. Went to Palace and Zero Zone first, both very empty and striked out and lastly went back to Emperor at late hours, not much left, but my friend was able to find a mediocre one from the dance floor, I took a break for the night.

The third night, we went in Emperor early and see almost the same line up as before, after lots of checking in the dim lights still quite hard to see any one that attracts, but decided to take one with somewhat dark skin. She turned out to be very accommodating, gave me different positions, and good BBBJ, but downside is pretty rough skin. This night I stayed at Summit Parkview, very lady friendly hotel. The staff gave me big smile as I took the girl back. Sent her back after the session and gave her 25K as she asked me, plus 5k for taxi and being nice girl. Rest early and next day for a super early flight to Bagan, 2nd trip there in 10 years.

That was my 3 nights activities in Yangon. After thoughts this trip. Quality really so so. Did not see any real cutie in 3 days. Price up, most girls ask for 30k. Girls are more and more commercialized. Clubs were full of local guys, some quite mean looking. Yangon is still nice get away once a long while, but for pure monger trip, most people will be disappointed.

Swpc10
12-11-10, 13:25
I was in Yangon recently. Stayed at the Chatrium hotel. I needed a massage to deal with the back after the long flight the day before. I got a 3 hour massage. 1 hour oil. 2 hour Thai in my room.

During the oil massage had some light almost accidental contact. But it turned serious. Ended the hour with a nice HJ, and the after a shower, the Thai massage.

Later in the trip, got an oil massage only. This time no touching, but was offered a happy ending.

The big downside, is the clothing they wear, prevents any touching of the good parts. .

Damage was $20 extra for the HE.

But in both cases, the massage was excellent.

WildHawk
12-13-10, 17:09
I visited Yangon Nov. 30 to Dec. 2. My mongering was limited to two of the known ventures on this forum, the Emperor and Music Club, the latter in the basement of the Parkroyal, where I stayed, and the second a 1- or 2-dollar taxi ride away (I'll probably be told that I paid way to much, based on my previous posting in the Patts hotel forum)

A waiter in the hotel's Chinese restaurant had written down the name of an establishment that features a "fashion show" with takeout options. It turned out to be Emperor. On that first evening, a Friday, I was not at all disappointed with the quality nor quantity. The place was loaded with girls and a few punters. Two girls latched onto me straightaway and spent severl minutes rubbing themselves against me. They were pretty, but I intented to survey the scene and watch the "fashion show", which was to start in 30 minutes. A couple of the models were stunningly pretty, but most were somewhat plain, their distinction primarily being their height relative to the other girls. On my subsequent trip to Emperor two nights later I would see the same girls in rotation. It turns out that they move from club to club and that many are not on the market. As one of the girls (they all seem to be named Pupu or Mumu) chatted me up in decent English, I had her flag one of the models as she walked past. The girl, quite lovely, said that she was a virgin. The girl rummaged through her purse, pulled out a piece of paper and wrote 150, 000 on it. My WG interpreter said this was the "dollar" figure for the tapping. I bowled over in laughter. There was no way she would ever fetch this price. It occurred to me that she was quoting in kyat, or more than USD 1500 (I traded at 950 kyat to the dollar through a currency exchange woman contacted through the hotel, BTW). Still a princely sum, which she'll probably get from an Asian roller bent on deflowering. Not from me.

On Friday I ended up barfining a friendly girl (the name escapes me, sorry) The wait for her to change into street clothes took about 15 minutes and I drifted back into a crowd of girls, making eye contact with a taller, short-haired beauty I had lost sight of. A mamasan asked me whether I would pick a lady and after I explained that I was waiting for one she and a male attendant say that my selection has left the building with another customer. WTF? This made no sense, as we had gotten on quite well. As I head to the bar where short-haired beauty is standing my selection does indeed show up, ready to go. The girl insisted on showering separately, a standard thing from what I read on this forum. Her body did not disappoint, though her pussy could have smelled fresher. All standard positions were accommodated, BBBJ, etc. Paid 30000 kyat (roughly just north of USD 30) plus the standard barfine.

The Parkroyal security is very uptight, not at all GF, though tolerant. I knew upfront that there would be a joiner fee because I did not book a double room. At any rate, the economics do not add up for booking a double. Factoring in the cost of the breakfast buffet (not bad but nothing special, either) , it is still cheaper by a few dollars to pay the joiner and breakfast additionally.

This joiner fee became a point of contention on my second evening. I flirted with the idea of checking out a place called IQ, mentioned by a tout who works in front of the Traders Hotel. I decided against it when the tout asked if I liked "little girls" and placed his hand at an unacceptable height. I told him that I was repulsed by his suggestion. Tired, I decided to check out the Music Club at the Parkroyal. It was teeming with aggressive WGs. I sat at a bar table and was immediately surrounded by five particulary pushy ones. The quality was disappointing, compared to Emperor. After two overpriced beers I was about to leave when I spotte a short beauty in a red dress. She quoted 60, 000 for long time and I reply that that would not happen as I knew the going rate. We settled on 40, 000 for overnight, which I specified. We headed upstairs after she registers and leaves her I'd with hotel security.

I am at the point where I rarely bother to remember names, but the girl was fabulous in bed, a real porn star, and I finishe off with a CIM as she fingers her gorgeous, tight pussy. She headed straight to the bathroom to shower and she emerged fully dressed. This was not the deal we had agreed to, I told her. She argued that 40, 000 was the short-time price and that she would collect her money and leave. I told her that she would not get the full amount. I countered with an overly generous 25, 000 and that she was free to call in whatever muscle she could find to extract the full amount if she was able. She dialed a couple numbers but got no answer on the other end. I suggested that to resolve the issue we return to the club and that I would talk to a club security official (of which there about four or five) , which we do. She seemed quite smug, thinking her compatriot would agree with her, until her face turned long. The security fellow seemed to think that my offer was indeed generous and that she ought to take the money, which she does reluctantly. I tell her how pissed off I am, particularly that she was wasting my time and would have to also pay the hotel joiner fee for her brief appearance*

On my third night I returned to Emperor, which perhaps owing to the later hour (9:30 pm) was fairly emptied out save the unavailable "fashion show" gals. I settled in on AyeAye, a young girl who later told me that her parents had sold her off to a brothel when she was 16 (a Korean paid USD 600 for her virginity). AyeAye was a champion in bed, enthusiastic and fun. But as I went down on her I noticed that one of her cheekbones was displaced, something I did not detect in the club (she also artfully arranged her hair to conceal it somewhat). AyeAye explained that her mother had struck her when she was younger; very sad, and considering that AyeAye is hooking to support that family, all the sadder).

* (After arguing with Parkroyal the fee was taken off for that night, as I rather disingenuously called her a "runner", though there was a solid hourlong romp. The desk attendant asked "So the girl left after about five minutes?" To which I replied "Something like that".

Though the Parkroyal claims to have no control over the ladies, I insisted that because I had pulled from its club that they ought to work on educating the talent). The hotel stamped "customer refused to pay" next to the second night joiner fee on my receipt. Whatever. Mission accomplished on that front.)

WildHawk
12-13-10, 20:23
On my third night I returned to Emperor, which perhaps owing to the later hour (9:30 pm) was fairly emptied out save the unavailable "fashion show" gals. I settled in on AyeAye, a young girl

So as to not be misinterpreted, per my mention of the IQ tout, let me clarify that by "young girl" I mean 19. (And as I grow into a doddering old fool, they are all "young girls" to me.

Yiddo
12-17-10, 11:24
Unless things have suddenly changed in the last couple of months (unlikely) , there is certainly no barfine to be paid at Emperor! How much did you pay? 30k kyat for the girl (all night) is about normal. The girls don't work in the place so why would there be a BF?

WildHawk
12-17-10, 17:38
Unless things have suddenly changed in the last couple of months (unlikely) , there is certainly no barfine to be paid at Emperor! How much did you pay? 30k kyat for the girl (all night) is about normal. The girls don't work in the place so why would there be a BF?You are correct. I used the wrong word."Selected" is more like it, and I paid nothing to club more than the admission fee, which if I recall was somewhere around USD $3.

Doppel One
12-20-10, 14:28
[QUOTE=Wildhawk; 1102366]AyeAye was a champion in bed, enthusiastic and fun. But as I went down on her I noticed that one of her cheekbones was displaced, something I did not detect in the club (she also artfully arranged her hair to conceal it somewhat). AyeAye explained that her mother had struck her when she was younger; very sad, and considering that AyeAye is hooking to support that family, all the sadder).

[QUOTE]Good report WH. I've never heard if IQ bar, is that what the tout said to you,"IQ?"

BTW I remember AyeAye from my visit to Yangon earlier in the year. She locked onto me at Emperor on my very first night in town and I took her back to my hotel. Curiously I noticed her slightly sunken cheekbone when I went down on her too. Weird that. After an hour or so of enthusiastic bedroom gymnastics I was pretty shattered so I decided to cut her loose and suggested she go home. She changed into a stylish yet conservative longyi she kept in a small backpack and I escorted her outside to a taxi. It was about midnight by this point. The next morning I went down to breakfast at 7:30am and AyeAye got into the elevator with a middle aged gentleman. Fast worker or what! I could tell she was embarrassed and I don't know to this day whether she went back to the club or whether she asked the taxi to drive around the block and then re-entered the hotel to hook up with another monger. Even stranger, she then stayed with this guy for the remainder of my stay in Yangon (14 nights!). This guy was obviously taking good care of her. Maybe he became her long time sponsor, I hope so and wish her the best of luck.

For anyone who's interested I stayed at the Central Hotel which was a bit of a nightmare for people with our hobby. The women who worked on the front desk were very particular about which girls they would allow in and if the girl didn't have the right sort of 'official' I'd forget it. One night I arrived back from Emporer with a girl on my arm and her official government I'd said she was 19 and she was 19. But as we walked across the lobby I saw a sign that said "Welcome To The Delegates Of The Save The Children Fund'. Then, to my utter consternation a bus pulled up outside and all these Save the Children delegates (about 30 of them) got off and entered the hotel for a conference or something whilst the receptionist was scrutinizing the I'd of the cute chick hanging off my arm. The dirty looks I was getting were priceless. I felt like standing on a chair and making an announcement about how we were two consensual adults while brandishing her I'd. I still laugh (with a shudder) when I think about that night.

WildHawk
12-20-10, 15:51
[QUOTE=Doppel One; 1104239][QUOTE=Wildhawk; 1102366]AyeAye was a champion in bed, enthusiastic and fun. But as I went down on her I noticed that one of her cheekbones was displaced, something I did not detect in the club (she also artfully arranged her hair to conceal it somewhat). AyeAye explained that her mother had struck her when she was younger; very sad, and considering that AyeAye is hooking to support that family, all the sadder).

[QUOTE]Good report WH. I've never heard if IQ bar, is that what the tout said to you,"IQ?"

BTW I remember AyeAye from my visit to Yangon earlier in the year. . For anyone who's interested I stayed at the Central Hotel which was a bit of a nightmare for people with our hobby.

[QUOTE]Hilarious, that incident at the Central Hotel, Doppel! And thanks for the encouragement; I've gotten nothing but grief on this site over my Thailand postings (overpaying for the baht bus, of all things!) though generally I've paid prevailing wages.

Apparently our AyeAye's sponsor evaporated, but she is a busy little bee now, isn't she? She was totally GFE and I didn't mind her sleeping over the night. Most times I don't sleep well next to WGs, but AyeAye felt just fine. Did she want to have your children, too. Either I a Very Special Monger or she's getting very desperate. Probably the latter. In another time AyeAye might have been a case for Save the Children, but the abuse came at the hands of her mother, if the girl is to believed. Shameful.

I'm pretty sure the tout said "IQ", too. He was a shifty one (if you stand five minutes outside Traders you'll see him or a kid who looks like a junior version, dark Indian appearance) and I was a little concerned about whether I'd make it to the expected destination, though generally I can hold my own.

Cheers

Forever69
12-23-10, 13:46
can anybody verify with first hand experiene if voa is in fact an option?

[quote]good report wh. i've never heard if iq bar, is that what the tout said to you,"iq?"

iq is a late night disco quite nice and far from a **** club, but frequented by burma's youth both male and female-some picking up is possible but not the main feature like at emperor-i recommend going there with your date before turning in.

WildHawk
12-24-10, 01:45

[quote]good report wh. i've never heard if iq bar, is that what the tout said to you,"iq?"

iq is a late night disco quite nice and far from a **** club, but frequented by burma's youth both male and female-some picking up is possible but not the main feature like at emperor-i recommend going there with your date before turning in. thanks for the intel on iq. visa on arrival did not seem to be available when i was there the first week of december, not long after the so-called "elections". i saw neither signs indicating it being available nor anyone filling out forms. i'm a us citizen and got mine promptly through the embassy in dc. usd 20.

Doppel One
12-24-10, 08:36

[quote]iq is a late night disco quite nice and far from a **** club, but frequented by burma's youth both male and female-some picking up is possible but not the main feature like at emperor-i recommend going there with your date before turning in.ib,

thanks for the information about iq. is it relatively close to say, traders hotel, or is it in another part of town?

i'm also wondering about the voa situation. my recent web searches haven't garnered any up-to-date information, so i'm in the dark too. anyone out there know the latest?

Forever69
12-25-10, 12:07
[QUOTE=Islandboy54; 1105134]Can anybody verify with first hand experiene if voa is in fact an option?

IB,

Thanks for the information about IQ. Is it relatively close to say, Traders Hotel, or is it in another part of town?

I'm also wondering about the VOA situation. My recent web searches haven't garnered any up-to-date information, so I'm in the dark too. Anyone out there know the latest? To get to iq it is a taxi ride. If I remember it right it was to the north, over the overpass by panorama past the lake somewhere, but not really sure. It was a 2 dollar ride max.

Pedro 917
12-27-10, 14:49
Arriving Yangon 11/01/11 staying Park Royal Hotel 3 nights. Anyone else in town?

Pedro 917

Fast Eddie 48
01-04-11, 01:07
Arriving Yangon 11/01/11 staying Park Royal Hotel 3 nights. Anyone else in town?

Pedro 917Pedro,

What is the visa now is voa avalible yet or you still need to get visa ahead of time, how is the action now alot of girl avalible.

Fast Eddie 48

Golfinho
01-04-11, 03:12
Pedro,

What is the visa now is voa avalible yet or you still need to get visa ahead of time, how is the action now alot of girl avalible.

Fast Eddie 48Their Consulates not picking up the phones again? Or Myanmar not posting the info on (or taken down) their websites?

Member #1453
01-05-11, 02:54
Looking for current info regarding getting SIM card and service. Will be in RGN Jan 16. Anyone interested in meeting up at Panorama? Anyone arriving same day on AirAsia from KL?

RCA Knight
01-05-11, 04:40
A friend just went to Yangon last week. He said the VOA in the airport still not available. I was also in Yangon during November election and also had to arrange a visa in advance through travel agent in Singapore, took 3 days. He got his visa in advance in Hong Kong also took 3 days. So the VOA stopped in Sep and has not been restored yet. But HK consulate personnel said to my friend it maybe restore soon. Who knows how soon.

Pedro 917
01-06-11, 14:29
Pedro,

Fast Eddie 48Hi Fast Eddie

Afraid I had to go to Bangkok embassy for Visa, not that keen to give me one 3 weeks ahead of flight! VOA not available at the time. Other than that no problems.

As for the girlies I hope lots waiting for hansum man!

Pedro 917

Fast Eddie 48
01-11-11, 21:58
Hi Fast Eddie

Afraid I had to go to Bangkok embassy for Visa, not that keen to give me one 3 weeks ahead of flight! VOA not available at the time. Other than that no problems.

As for the girlies I hope lots waiting for hansum man!

Pedro 917To Pedro,

You should have all the girl you want I heard not too many punter around, there are too lazy like me to get a visa ahead of time in BKK.

Pedro 917
01-15-11, 15:10
Well after 3 days at the Park Royal hotel I can definitely confirm it is very girl friendly in fact in the basement Music Club disco they encourage the working girls by giving them free drink vouchers.

The selection of girls was very good and after the first night Tata my new female friend then advised me on the merits of the various girls. All of which speak varying degrees of English.

In fact Pippin or more likely Pinyin I was told would give good service! In fact Pinyin / Pippin was a tall, slim attractive I reckon 25 year old (she said 22) from Shan state and looked more Thai than Burmese but did in fact give excellent service.

The girls have to leave their I'd cards at the reception desk and the desk call you upon their departure to ask is it OK to release your lady. So a well established well used routine.

The Music Club is not that obvious and can be found by passing reception and keep turning left and eventually you will find it, the resident Filipino group are very good and there is an occasional fashion show.

Hotel is not the cheapest but for convenience and good selections of girls you can't go wrong.

Pedro 917

Otari
01-26-11, 18:32
Is there any action in Bagan or the visit there is to see the temples only.

Mayday14
01-29-11, 22:49
Reported here http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2011-01-18/content_1598769.html, that three clubs shutdown, including JJ's!

Can anyone confirm?

Zip Lip
01-31-11, 06:48
Reported here.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2011-01-18/content_1598769.html

, that three clubs shutdown, including JJ's!

Can anyone confirm?Well if it's in the China Daily it MUST be true. Musn't it?

It wouldn't make good news for some visiting official to be killed whilst entertaining in such a venue whilst the crackdown is still ongoing back home!

Golfinho
01-31-11, 12:07
Reported here.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2011-01-18/content_1598769.html

, that three clubs shutdown, including JJ's!

Can anyone confirm? TRUE. Didn't need to read your article. Was there two weeks ago. Heard there was fight inside club, resulting in dead body. J&J done and Asia Plaza club said to be permanently closed.

Liggi1
02-02-11, 16:58
I came back today from Yangoon. Asia Plaza is closed!

The best places beginning at 7 pm is EMPORER and Nightclub Parkroyal Hotel beginning 9. Pm.

Emporer they ask for 30. 000 Kyat and Parkroyal for 50 US $.

Rater: 1 US = 850 Kyat on 30. January. 1 Euro = 1135 Kyat 30. January.

I stay Traders Hotel, rate on the Airport 85 US $ incl. Super! Breakfast. Hotel is GF and no Joiner Fee.

Liggi1
02-02-11, 17:02
Now its not longer possible to buy a Sim Card in Burma for your mobile phone. Last January no problem to buy for 25 US $ valid 4 weeks.

Daddy San
02-03-11, 06:09
Now its not longer possible to buy a Sim Card in Burma for your mobile phone. Last January no problem to buy for 25 US $ valid 4 weeks.This is really bad news! Can someone else please confirm this?

Is it possible to use a Thai SIM card in Burma?

Thanks.

DS

Cristal
02-03-11, 09:41
This is really bad news! Can someone else please confirm this?

Is it possible to use a Thai SIM card in Burma?

Thanks.

DSNo, you can't use a Thai SIM card.

However, $50 CDMA cards are available to Burmese, same tariff outgoing / incoming with a validity of 60 days. No roaming however. YGN cards can be used ONLY in YGN for outgoing calls to all over the country, and MDL cards ditto.

Have a Burmese buy it for you.

Cheers!

Daddy San
02-03-11, 16:57
No, you can't use a Thai SIM card.

However, $50 CDMA cards are available to Burmese, same tariff outgoing / incoming with a validity of 60 days. No roaming however. YGN cards can be used ONLY in YGN for outgoing calls to all over the country, and MDL cards ditto.

Have a Burmese buy it for you. I need a SIM card :

1. To communicate with potential Burmese (in Yangon only) GF, both ways.

2. For calls from Europe, incoming ONLY.

Outgoing calls to Europe will be via Skype or another VoIP service. Will they work?

Have a Burmese buy it for you.I had thought of that, but won't it get the person, e g the hotel bell captain, into touble?

Cristal
02-03-11, 19:33
I need a SIM card :

1. To communicate with potential Burmese (in Yangon only) GF, both ways.

2. For calls from Europe, incoming ONLY.

Outgoing calls to Europe will be via Skype or another VoIP service. Will they work?

I had thought of that, but won't it get the person, e g the hotel bell captain, into touble? 1. Remember it is CDMA network. GSM phones will not work. Get a cheap unlocked CDMA phone from BKK or elsewhere.

2. The $50 SIM will cost something more. Seller's margin will be added.

3. Validity 60 days from activation or exhaustion of your call value. Whichever is earlier. Number goes dead after that. There is no re-charge facility, you have to buy a new SIM.

4. Charges per minute: $0. 05 for all incoming, $0. 20 for all outgoing within the country and $1. 00 for international.

5. If you buy your SIM in Yangon, roaming is limited to only within the city limits. Phone will not work outside city limits. Presently SIMs are available only for Yangon and Mandalay.

6. Local I'd required for purchase, although I have heard some travelers buying independently. Get your guide / translator to buy one for you.

Internet is crappy, Skype does work when connectivity is good. Especially late in the night.

Have a good trip and do post your TR / Pictures here!

Otari
02-04-11, 16:38
I came back today from Yangoon. Asia Plaza is closed!Do you mean the night club or the entire hotel?

Daddy San
02-05-11, 11:55
1. Remember it is CDMA network. GSM phones will not work. Get a cheap unlocked CDMA phone from BKK or elsewhere.

2. The $50 SIM will cost something more. Seller's margin will be added.

3. Validity 60 days from activation or exhaustion of your call value. Whichever is earlier. Number goes dead after that. There is no re-charge facility, you have to buy a new SIM.

4. Charges per minute: $0. 05 for all incoming, $0. 20 for all outgoing within the country and $1. 00 for international.

5. If you buy your SIM in Yangon, roaming is limited to only within the city limits. Phone will not work outside city limits. Presently SIMs are available only for Yangon and Mandalay.

6. Local I'd required for purchase, although I have heard some travelers buying independently. Get your guide / translator to buy one for you.

Internet is crappy, Skype does work when connectivity is good. Especially late in the night.

Have a good trip and do post your TR / Pictures here! Hi Meeone,

Thanks for your priceless info.

I had not realised, that other backward countries, other than the US, actually used CDMA.

So I'd be fucked with my Nokia N8 in Burma, with or without SIM.

I still have an old Nokia CDMA from the US, but to have it sent is probably more complicated and more expensive, than buying another one in BKK

Member #2453
02-05-11, 13:34
I came back today from Yangoon. Asia Plaza is closed!

The best places beginning at 7 pm is EMPORER and Nightclub Parkroyal Hotel beginning 9. Pm.

Emporer they ask for 30. 000 Kyat and Parkroyal for 50 US $.

Rater: 1 US = 850 Kyat on 30. January. 1 Euro = 1135 Kyat 30. January.

I stay Traders Hotel, rate on the Airport 85 US $ incl. Super! Breakfast. Hotel is GF and no Joiner Fee. Was in Yangon last week, have been going there since 2006, best to avoid the place, exchange rate on 02 Feb. 820 per USD, quality going down hill, avoid park Royal, expensive CLUB 369 Better, Stayed at traders direct booking, got 90USD + 20% tax No B / F included, where did you make your booking at 85USD?

Golfinho
02-05-11, 15:29
Do you mean the night club or the entire hotel?Just the night club closed. You can still score one of their (so-called) suites for $45. First guest free, $10 fee for the second.

Cristal
02-05-11, 17:31
I still have an old Nokia CDMA from the US, but to have it sent is probably more complicated and more expensive, than buying another one in BKKYou can probably by a cheap Chinese set for around $30 in YGN. It will be of no use after you return. Best present it to your GF or guide when returning.

Cristal
02-05-11, 17:42
Stayed at traders direct booking, got 90USD + 20% tax No B / F included, where did you make your booking at 85USD?Try the Grand Mee Ya Tha Executive Residences or the MiCasa Residences. Full service apartments@$50-$60. The girls love these places.

Golfinho
02-06-11, 13:38
Try the Grand Mee Ya Tha Executive Residences or the MiCasa Residences. Full service apartments@$50-$60. The girls love these places.The GMER is $70 for standard. Nearly always booked. $80 for deluxe, and it's catch as catch can for a confirmed reservation. Any travel agency in town (airport I don't know) can get you in the Traders for $85, GF and with breakfast, I'll take that deal over anything in town, unless it's booked and then Asia Plaza. Park Royal too far from town and too close to the music club action. On another note, word is government is looking for reasons to shut the scene down, nip it in the bud. Only hearsay.

Liggi1
02-06-11, 14:40
In Rangoon Airport arrival hall you can book Traders for 85 US $

Cristal
02-07-11, 00:36
The GMER is $70 for standard. Nearly always booked. $80 for deluxe, and it's catch as catch can for a confirmed reservation. Any travel agency in town (airport I don't know) can get you in the Traders for $85, GF and with breakfast, I'll take that deal over anything in town, unless it's booked and then Asia Plaza. Park Royal too far from town and too close to the music club action. On another note, word is government is looking for reasons to shut the scene down, nip it in the bud. Only hearsay.Well, I have always managed to get 1BR apartments at the Grand Mee Ha Tha for the corporate rates of $50 by sending them an email. Off late, I stay at the Micasa, a far better property for $55, although it is a bit far out from downtown. With the cheap taxi fares, distance hardly matters.

The clubs. JJ, IQ, Sedona and the Asia Plaza have been shut down, quite likely to re-negotiate higher payoffs with the new powers to be. Three new clubs have popped up for the 4 that have been closed down.

Mayday14
02-07-11, 02:06
Well, I have always managed to get 1BR apartments at the Grand Mee Ha Tha for the corporate rates of $50 by sending them an email. Off late, I stay at the Micasa, a far better property for $55, although it is a bit far out from downtown. With the cheap taxi fares, distance hardly matters.

The clubs. JJ, IQ, Sedona and the Asia Plaza have been shut down, quite likely to re-negotiate higher payoffs with the new powers to be. Three new clubs have popped up for the 4 that have been closed down. And the three new clubs are?

I'm guessing hotel prices may be heading up given the exchange rate over the last few months.

Otari
02-07-11, 16:50
Just the night club closed. You can still score one of their (so-called) suites for $45. FirstI wanted to go there because of this club. Is it still to worth to go there even without this club?

What other hotel (around 30 USD) can you recommend that are near the action?

Thamada, Panorama, Central?

I'm looking for something simply (I don't need any luxury) but save. A safe in the room would be a great advantage.

First guest free, $10 fee for the second.Per night? Per stay?

Cristal
02-08-11, 04:38
And the three new clubs are?Will post a report next month.

Cristal
02-08-11, 04:44
I wanted to go there because of this club. Is it still to worth to go there even without this club?

What other hotel (around 30 USD) can you recommend that are near the action?

Thamada, Panorama, Central?

I'm looking for something simply (I don't need any luxury) but save. A safe in the room would be a great advantage.

Per night? Per stay? Well the Music Club, Emperor, Palace [reportedly closed unconfirmed] and the several small clubs in the Thengyazie Plaza are still there, along with newer arrivals.

Stay at the Panorama the mongers hotel.

Golfinho
02-12-11, 12:56
Well the Music Club, Emperor, Palace [reportedly closed unconfirmed] and the several small clubs in the Thengyazie Plaza are still there, along with newer arrivals.

Stay at the Panorama the mongers hotel.Asia Palace Club was seen to be CLOSED on Jan 18. Confirmed firsthand.

In neighborhood of Emperor, there are several things open for anyone who cares to poke around.

As for getting rooms in the GMER: of late they have been pretty well booked, with just small time slots available, unless you reserve well in advance. To iffy to count on them.

A lot of tourist types staying at the Panorama. Always found the Asia Palace a friendler place. And you can bring in 2 friends (with just $10 surcharge for the second).

Mayday14
02-17-11, 21:44
Palace is still open. (Note this is not the same as Asia Plaza, which is closed).

Panorama can now be difficult to get in, especially at short notice, and they're charging much closer to rack rate a lot of the time. Also as reported, lots of tourists staying there.

Sacasable
02-17-11, 23:39
Hello fellow mongers,

I will be heading to myanmar for a few about 3 weeks from mid April. I can't wait! It will be my first time and I have been very excited until now as I have heard lots of good things from friends and pervs. I am slightly disappointed to read this forum as it seems like everywhere is getting closed down and the scene is not what it has been in recent times! Could I get some re-assurance that I am going to have an awesome time or should I re-think my itinerary slightly? I want to go to asia but I tend to find Thailand way too mainstream, maybe I need to get off the beaten track. But where! I love cambo but last November when I was out there everything had changed, loads of the brothels had been shut down or drastically reduced selection of girls! I heard that vietnam is not too good. Lots of scams sometimes difficult to get a decent girl and can be pricey. I have heard laos is ok but would be very open to comments or suggestions.

Myanmar would be my number one if you guys think its still worth a trip. I love the idea of checking out the country as well as the ladies.

Golfinho
02-18-11, 11:07
I have heard laos is ok but would be very open to comments or suggestions.

Myanmar would be my number one if you guys think its still worth a trip. I love the idea of checking out the country as well as the ladies.To tell the truth, there isn't much to see or do there. Myanmar just a box to check after you've been everywhere else.

A couple days max and you've seen it all. And nothing that isn't available in other Asian countries in abundance and with comfortable infrastructure.

Mayday14
02-19-11, 21:47
Hello, fellow mongers,

I will be heading to myanmar for a few about 3 weeks from mid April. I can't wait! It will be my first time and I have been very excited until now as I have heard lots of good things from friends and pervs. I am slightly disappointed to read this forum as it seems like everywhere is getting closed down and the scene is not what it has been in recent times! Could I get some re-assurance that I am going to have an awesome time or should I re-think my itinerary slightly? I want to go to asia but I tend to find Thailand way too mainstream, maybe I need to get off the beaten track. But where! I love cambo but last November when I was out there everything had changed, loads of the brothels had been shut down or drastically reduced selection of girls! I heard that vietnam is not too good. Lots of scams sometimes difficult to get a decent girl and can be pricey. I have heard laos is ok but would be very open to comments or suggestions.

Myanmar would be my number one if you guys think its still worth a trip. I love the idea of checking out the country as well as the ladies. If ladies are even slightly on the agenda, after 3 weeks I think you'd be bored rigid.

From the little info you've given, I'd be inclined to explore the more out of the way places in Thailand. Laos girls for example are far cheaper in Udon than they are over the border.

Burma is a small shrinking scene, now starting to get get lots of blond dyes only interested in Asians.

JJ's is rumoured to open in a couple of months.

Not forgetting that despite some of the adventures posted here, outside of the capital you can pretty much forget about p4p.

Typically a lady will want to leave around 5-7am, won't be seen in the street with you, ever. So there's your day.

Member #2453
02-20-11, 13:48
If ladies are even slightly on the agenda, after 3 weeks I think you'd be bored rigid.

From the little info you've given, I'd be inclined to explore the more out of the way places in Thailand. Laos girls for example are far cheaper in Udon than they are over the border.

Burma is a small shrinking scene, now starting to get get lots of blond dyes only interested in Asians.

Not forgetting that despite some of the adventures posted here, outside of the capital you can pretty much forget about p4p.

Typically a lady will want to leave around 5-7am, won't be seen in the street with you, ever. So there's your day. Surely a shrinking scene, was the last week for three days, most of the time a Park Royal, Music room, All the girls prefer the Korean and South east asians and the second choice being Indians, it takes some effort to get them even for a drink with a white guy. Waste of time.

Riverstar
02-20-11, 14:17
Just returned from a month in Myanmar (I like the country) but the pickings in Yangon were very poor compaired to last year and a lot of the interesting girls were sticking to the Asian tourist who I guess is prepared to spend a lot more and preferes short time to all night.

No problem with getting rooms at the Panorama and I got a beautiful smile from one of the girls behind the desk at night when I bring someone back, the problem is I would rather fuck her than the girls I brought back.

Sacasable
02-20-11, 23:57
If ladies are even slightly on the agenda, after 3 weeks I think you'd be bored rigid.

Typically a lady will want to leave around 5-7am, won't be seen in the street with you, ever. So there's your day.Thanks to everyone for getting back to me with really useful info; ladies are definitely a big part of the agenda so I think I will take heed of all the advice and cut short my time in Myanmar. (shame I had high hopes!)

Perhaps I will check out Udon as you mentioned or some border towns as they always seem to be the scene of debauchery and cheap thrills.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but you guys seem to know your way around SE Asia; where do you think I should be heading? I have about 4 weeks and I can be pretty flexible with where I go in SE Asia whether it be Cities or Countryside, I don't mind roughing it or adventure if its worth it in the end. I don't like paying too much (who does). Except for the right girl! Places I have been that I like are Chicken farms in Cambodia in the last couple of years (but they are changing fast and closing up shop) and a couple the way places in Thailand. But I haven't been there for about 10 years and would have no idea where was good to go now!

Sacasable
02-21-11, 00:01
Just returned from a month in Myanmar (I like the country) but the pickings in Yangon were very poor compaired to last year and a lot of the interesting girls were sticking to the Asian tourist who I guess is prepared to spend a lot more and preferes short time to all night.

No problem with getting rooms at the Panorama and I got a beautiful smile from one of the girls behind the desk at night when I bring someone back, the problem is I would rather fuck her than the girls I brought back.I assume if you were there for four weeks you travelled around a bit. Just wondering did you find as 'Mayday14' mentioned that there is no p4p outside the capital?

Malibu21
02-21-11, 18:41
Hello, fellow mongers,

I want to go to asia but I tend to find Thailand way too mainstream, maybe I need to get off the beaten track. But where! I love cambo but last November when I was out there everything had changed, loads of the brothels had been shut down or drastically reduced selection of girls! I heard that vietnam is not too good. Lots of scams sometimes difficult to get a decent girl and can be pricey. I have heard laos is ok but would be very open to comments or suggestions.

Myanmar would be my number one if you guys think its still worth a trip. I love the idea of checking out the country as well as the ladies.Angeles City Philippines is your best choice, it is like a small Pattaya without any beach. Vietnam is not good, too difficult and expensive, you better go back Cambodia to find the vietnamese lady, cheaper. Laos is not cheap, the pussy cost almost same like Thailand. 2000bath LT.

Riverstar
02-22-11, 02:00
I assume if you were there for four weeks you travelled around a bit. Just wondering did you find as 'Mayday14' mentioned that there is no p4p outside the capital?This was my third visit in four years and the only action I found was in Yangon

Mayday14
02-22-11, 21:50
Jeez, you doubt me. .

There were a number of reports written by "That Asshole" around 2008-9 about out of the way places in SE Asia which may interest you.

Thanks to everyone for getting back to me with really useful info; ladies are definitely a big part of the agenda so I think I will take heed of all the advice and cut short my time in Myanmar. (shame I had high hopes!)

Perhaps I will check out Udon as you mentioned or some border towns as they always seem to be the scene of debauchery and cheap thrills.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but you guys seem to know your way around SE Asia; where do you think I should be heading? I have about 4 weeks and I can be pretty flexible with where I go in SE Asia whether it be Cities or Countryside, I don't mind roughing it or adventure if its worth it in the end. I don't like paying too much (who does). Except for the right girl! Places I have been that I like are Chicken farms in Cambodia in the last couple of years (but they are changing fast and closing up shop) and a couple the way places in Thailand. But I haven't been there for about 10 years and would have no idea where was good to go now!

Sacasable
02-23-11, 01:55
Jeez, you doubt me. .

There were a number of reports written by "That Asshole" around 2008-9 about out of the way places in SE Asia which may interest you.Hahaha; of course I don't doubt you. You sound like a guy who knows a thing or two! I just wanted to get Riverstar's view as he has recently spent a month there. The same time I was originally planning.

Thanks for the tips though for 'This Asshole', I will have a little hunt around.

Otari
03-01-11, 15:13
Hello, fellow mongers,

I want to go to asia but I tend to find Thailand way too mainstream, maybe I need to get off the beaten track. But where! I love cambo but last November when I was out there everything had changed, loads of the brothels had been shut down or drastically reduced selection of girls! I heard that vietnam is not too good. Lots of scams sometimes difficult to get a decent girl and can be pricey. I have heard laos is ok but would be very open to comments or suggestions.

Myanmar would be my number one if you guys think its still worth a trip. I love the idea of checking out the country as well as the ladies.I'm in the same situation as Sandbag. I'll go for a couple of weeks to SE Asia and have flexible itinerary. I'the like to combine mongering with sightseeing. Of course Thailand is a big classic and I will enjoy it but I like to move. Originally I wanted to go to Burma but reading yours reports I'm not so sure now. Do you think that Laos is better then Burma?

Liggi1
03-02-11, 16:34
In Laos you can get problem with police when take lady. If you take to the Hotel, she must take a room for herself and then you can visit her in the room.

But its not allowed.

Otari
03-03-11, 16:03
I don't want have any troubles with Police.

In Burma at least the police don't bother you. Am I right? Does it mean that SE Asia = Thailand and Thailand = Bangkok or Pattaya? Would you have any other suggestion?

Golfinho
03-03-11, 18:03
I don't want have any troubles with Police.

In Burma at least the police don't bother you. Am I right? Does it mean that SE Asia = Thailand and Thailand = Bangkok or Pattaya? Would you have any other suggestion?Laos is an incredibly beautiful country. Luang Prabang, Vien Vang good tourism with infrastructure. No problems in Vientiane bringing your dates home. In the interior, there are girls but hotel situation can be tricky. Nothing in interior Burma. Nada.

Liggi1
03-04-11, 04:24
The best places I know in SE Asia are Pattaya and Angels City (Phillipinen). Number 3 ist Phnom Phen.

Cristal
03-05-11, 13:55
Nothing in interior Burma. Nada.Girls are available at all major towns. The hitch is that only a few upscale hotels would allow them in. I have had good pickings at Mandalay, Mekhtila, Monywa, Taunggi and even Moulmein down south. The Mon girls are pretty. I always have a translator with me when I visit the interior. That helps.

Have just returned yesterday from a 3 week trip and had a good time. Except the long travel time in some sectors.

Cristal
03-05-11, 14:02
JJ's is rumoured to open in a couple of months.JJ and it's massage parlor is closed permanently. Been there two weeks ago. The place has been cleaned out and padlocked.

The three new clubs that have been opened with FREE entrance fees and VERY expensive drinks are owned by sons of the Generals. Gave those a pass. The Emperor had a LOT more girls than usual, probably due to the closure of other clubs, atleast 200 on the night I was there, with only 10 customers! Nice ratio.

Toronto
03-05-11, 15:07
Girls are available at all major towns. The hitch is that only a few upscale hotels would allow them in. I have had good pickings at Mandalay, Mekhtila, Monywa, Taunggi and even Moulmein down south. The Mon girls are pretty. I always have a translator with me when I visit the interior. That helps.

Have just returned yesterday from a 3 week trip and had a good time. Except the long travel time in some sectors. Hi, I'm planning my trip and there is essentially no reports in Mandalay section and in reading thru the Rangoon section I was under the impression that once I got to Mandalay and Bagan it will be tourist activity only. But since you mentioned you had good pickings in Mandalay, would you mind providing more info? Thanks.

Cristal
03-06-11, 00:48
Hi, I'm planning my trip and there is essentially no reports in Mandalay section and in reading thru the Rangoon section I was under the impression that once I got to Mandalay and Bagan it will be tourist activity only. But since you mentioned you had good pickings in Mandalay, would you mind providing more info? Thanks.The scene in Mandalay is at the lady houses [brothels] and the massage parlors. You need a local to help you out due to language problems. Or you can ask your guide if you have hired one.

Malibu21
03-10-11, 23:05
JJ and it's massage parlor is closed permanently. Been there two weeks ago. The place has been cleaned out and padlocked.

The three new clubs that have been opened with FREE entrance fees and VERY expensive drinks are owned by sons of the Generals. Gave those a pass. The Emperor had a LOT more girls than usual, probably due to the closure of other clubs, atleast 200 on the night I was there, with only 10 customers! Nice ratio.Any idea the true story behind this shit?

What about the Asia plaza?

So we have 2 choice only? Emperor and Park Royal music club.

Cristal
03-11-11, 13:21
Any idea the true story behind this shit?

What about the Asia plaza?

So we have 2 choice only? Emperor and Park Royal music club. I had a chat with the watchman guarding the place who said it was a stabbing incident. This was confirmed by the people at the Emperor. The question is who stabbed who. Rumors are that a Chinese was stabbed. Don't know for sure. JJ was owned by a Chinese, my guess is that this was an opportunity for the kin of the Generals to muscle in, although it has yet to open. I am sure it will open someday with a new owner. My 2 cents.

Asia Plaza is closed, so the only decent choices left are the Emperor and Music Club, apart from the new ones and of course the Palace as well as the smaller joints in the Thenyzie Plaza.

Malibu21
03-15-11, 18:00
Thanks for your info meeone.

Hope the situation will become better in the near future.

MongerManiac
03-25-11, 16:46
I have just returned from a trip to Yangon. I was only there for one night before a road trip to Chaung Tha beach.

The night (a Wednesday) I was in Yangon, staying at The Panorama (US$28 per night) , I went out to 'Pioneer' a 15 minute taxi ride away (1500 kyats).

Inside Pioneer, a modern and, I believe, fairly new nightclub was a selection of 8-10 girls touting for business. It's difficult to check them out properly because of the darkness, but I beckoned one over and got talking. She was nice. A good '7' in looks with the typical small frame. She wanted US$50. 00 (interesting that they want US$) we ended up settling on 20, 000 kyats (about US$22. 00) for all night. One pop at night, another before breakfast. Happy days! I think I struck lucky this time as the girls was a real looker, even in the light and gave a great service.

The following day I headed off to the beach. Please see my Chaung Tha report elsewhere.

GermanBoy 2
03-26-11, 15:56
The emperor is a night club in yangoon downtown. Little discription for them who never have been there:

Its located in 5th floor from a building. Take the right elevator, even if people try to push you in the left one which is going to another club. Entrence fee is 5000 kyatt which includes one drink for free. The club is quite big. A dancing area and many sofas around. I have been there two weeks ago and again two days ago. Maybe 100 girls or more, most of them very pretty. Age between 17 and mid 20. Maybe also some older ones but not much. Club opens at 7pm and is full with girls, at this time more or less without customers. Most of them show up between 9 and 11pm, then selection is going down very quick. A lot of guys from korea and japan take some of the private rooms and girls run behind them to stand in line to get choosen.

You are not pushed to buy more drinks and girls do not ask for drinks as well. They are only interested in coming with you. I always paid 30 000 kyatt for the whole night, some asked 40 000 but agreed to 30000 immediately.

In the beginning it is disco music and all a bit dark. Later they have some fashion shows with more light which is necessary to check girls better. Only problem is the language: they can not say more then "I love you" in english. But performance I had 3 times was great.

Liggi1
03-28-11, 21:53
I will go to Yangon on 14. June for 3 or 4 nights. Someone also there on this time?

I'm German.

Lynch
03-29-11, 12:40
I was invited over to experience Thingyan and will drop by there right in the middle of the festival. I wonder if the clubs like park royal or emperor will still be operating during these period? I know some girls would most likely go back to their family to celebrate, but how much percentage is expected to turnout during the evening club scene? 50% reduction? And also is it advisable to visit mandalay during Thingyan? Heard the celebration there is much bigger than over at Yangon.

OK, some side info for the rest interested in Yangon scene:

Back in those days Emperor and JJ club are like my usual joint. I alternate between the two, with a dash of other clubs like Music Club or YGN bar. Now that JJ is closed, the scene moved over to Club 225. This is a small place, JJ is still much better. Variety wise, nothing beats emperor. It starts early, drinks are freaking cheap, and the girls are all young, I mean some are really young that should really be avoided unless you are japanese who is infatuated with them young ones. One advise I can give is always tip the one waiter who you can communicate with. A simple dollar tip everytime you drop by will go a long way if you are a regular customer.

Pussycheck
03-29-11, 16:25
The emperor is a night club in yangoon downtown. Little discription for them who never have been there:

Its located in 5th floor from a building. Take the right elevator, even if people try to push you in the left one which is going to another club. Entrence fee is 5000 kyatt which includes one drink for free. The club is quite big. A dancing area and many sofas around. I have been there two weeks ago and again two days ago. Maybe 100 girls or more, most of them very pretty. Age between 17 and mid 20. Maybe also some older ones but not much. Club opens at 7pm and is full with girls, at this time more or less without customers. Most of them show up between 9 and 11pm, then selection is going down very quick. A lot of guys from korea and japan take some of the private rooms and girls run behind them to stand in line to get choosen.

You are not pushed to buy more drinks and girls do not ask for drinks as well. They are only interested in coming with you. I always paid 30 000 kyatt for the whole night, some asked 40 000 but agreed to 30000 immediately.

In the beginning it is disco music and all a bit dark. Later they have some fashion shows with more light which is necessary to check girls better. Only problem is the language: they can not say more then "I love you" in english. But performance I had 3 times was great. 1 USD is about 6. 3 Myanmar Kyat.

So do you think your prices are correct?

Golfinho
03-29-11, 18:09
1 USD is about 6. 3 Myanmar Kyat.

6. 3? When and where is that number coming from. That would be a gigantic drop in a very short period of time.

During Water Festival 2010, I was in both Yangon and Mandalay. PR Music Club was nearly deserted and most of the city was shutdown for a solid week. In Mandalay about the same level of festivity, with hotels full of out-of-town Asian visitors. Tourist sites were all open.

Liggi1
03-29-11, 18:16
@Pussycheck.

The exchange rate in Burma is about 850 Kyatt for 1 US $.

Pussycheck
03-30-11, 05:47
If you convert 1 US $ into Myanmar Kyatt at www.oanda.com There's shown just 6. 3.

MongerManiac
03-30-11, 11:36
If you convert 1 US $ into Myanmar Kyatt at.

www.oanda.com

There's shown just 6. 3. The 6. 3 rate is the 'official' rate but is not tradable. They actually want you to take your foreign notes into the country so prefer crisp new US$ bills. The bigger the better. I got 875 kyats per 1 dollar last week from a money changer in Scott Market. His name is Lamere and he sits at the exit next to Heim Jewellers. He was recommended to me by a local anglo.

He will also change Sterling pounds at 1375 per pound.

Of course once you arrive at the airport, you won't have any local money. Thats no problem, take a taxi from the airport and pay the taxi driver in US$. He won't have change so have some smaller notes.

Your hotel may want you to pay in US$ too, so allow for that.

Also, you cannot change kyats back into foreign currency if you have some left over. So don't change all your money at once. Just as you need it.

Good luck.

MM

Wolf242
04-04-11, 23:35

In the beginning it is disco music and all a bit dark. Later they have some fashion shows with more light which is necessary to check girls better. Only problem is the language: they can not say more then "I love you" in english. But performance I had 3 times was great. Please could You give info, how to find Emperor? (Street? Building?)

Thanks

Cristal
04-05-11, 19:11
Please could You give info, how to find Emperor? (Street? Building?)

ThanksIt is here - marked "A"

http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=16.77597
96. 15297&z=17&t=H&marker0=16. 77597%2C96. 15297%2C3. 3%20km%20S%20of%20Rangoon.

Cheers!

Muzungufotsy
04-07-11, 14:38

In the beginning it is disco music and all a bit dark. Later they have some fashion shows with more light which is necessary to check girls better. Only problem is the language: they can not say more then "I love you" in english. But performance I had 3 times was great.You paid too much.

The normal rate for foreigners is 20000k and not a penny more.

Cristal
04-07-11, 22:43
You paid too much.

The normal rate for foreigners is 20000k and not a penny more. Not any more, Prison Break.

30, 000 seems to be the norm now. Was there for a single night last month [out of three weeks spent in Yangon] hence avoided the place.

GermanBoy 2
04-17-11, 14:32
Please could You give info, how to find Emperor? (Street? Building?)

ThanksUnfortunately I have no idea about street or building. But every cab driver I told to go there found it without any problem. From asia plaza hotel fare is around 1500 kyatt, there are some one-way-streets driver has to go, so it seems longer then it is. Way back is really fast (5 minutes or less) , anyway fare is rising up to 2000 kyatt. With a girl on your site its hard to negotiate

Muzungufotsy
04-17-11, 22:10
Not any more, Prison Break.

30, 000 seems to be the norm now. Was there for a single night last month [out of three weeks spent in Yangon] hence avoided the place.It s still possible for people who are not afraid to bargain a little bit. Which in Asia is the norm if you want people to respect you. I was there too and not only 1 night.

Member #2453
04-19-11, 06:33
Can we expect an update and FR from you on the current situation if you where there during Thingyan.

Thanks in advance.

I was invited over to experience Thingyan and will drop by there right in the middle of the festival. I wonder if the clubs like park royal or emperor will still be operating during these period? I know some girls would most likely go back to their family to celebrate, but how much percentage is expected to turnout during the evening club scene? 50% reduction? And also is it advisable to visit mandalay during Thingyan? Heard the celebration there is much bigger than over at Yangon.

OK, some side info for the rest interested in Yangon scene:

Back in those days Emperor and JJ club are like my usual joint. I alternate between the two, with a dash of other clubs like Music Club or YGN bar. Now that JJ is closed, the scene moved over to Club 225. This is a small place, JJ is still much better. Variety wise, nothing beats emperor. It starts early, drinks are freaking cheap, and the girls are all young, I mean some are really young that should really be avoided unless you are japanese who is infatuated with them young ones. One advise I can give is always tip the one waiter who you can communicate with. A simple dollar tip everytime you drop by will go a long way if you are a regular customer.

Liggi1
04-19-11, 08:08
Emporer ist in the SWEDAGON PAGODA ROAD, not so far from the river. Coming from the STrand Road on the left hand side. Open from 7 p.m.

Map Yangon: http://24timezones.com/mapa/yangon.php

Member #2453
04-24-11, 11:50
I have posted this on one another forum as well.

One of the worst places to visit just for Girls, If on business then its ok.

Been there for three night. First night at Park Royal and then changed over to Traders.

Park Royal: a 2. 5 star hotel, very basic and the worst lobby I have been in a long time. Very overrated hotel.

Park Royal Music Room: One of the most overrated discos / Club in yangon, Ladies here are with a big attitude, demanding 70 to 100USD per night. Being my first night I picked up a good looking lady, after some bargain and agreeing for USD. 80 for the night, it was around 12:15 midnight, going back to the room, the reception informs there will be an additional charge of 15USD for the guest, says this is their new policy from 1 April 2011, agree and ask them to charge to my room. Once in the room the lady gets quickly into the bathroom locks the door, showers and comes out in a towel. Then I follow with my shower and come back, once in bed she says no BJ of any type "we ladies from music room not like other ladies. We don't do BJs" then she just plays with the Jr. Till he is stiff puts on a condom, I ask her to come on top. Once again no only missionary style. Once we finish she rushes back to the bath room and comes out dressed, I reminded her she needs to stay till morning, she says ok, but doesn't want to undress, and sleep, I pay her and ask her to go and have a good sleep.

Traders: Much better hotel, a little higher rate then Park Royal, no additional charges to bring the ladies for the night.

Asked the bell boy and told him of my expereiance at Park Royal, He said that yes the Ladies at park royal think they are queens as a lot of Japanese and asian's have spoilte them overpaying and pampering them, He suggested I go to Emperor. So went there for the next two nights too many good looking ladies and they ask for 40USD for the full night but quickly settle for 25 to 30, good attitude, though not very experienced with sex, reluctent BJs, but stay with you as agreed, much much better then the famous Music Room.

Conclusion: Vacation in Yangon forget it. Better to go to Cambodia or Bangkok.

Liggi1
04-25-11, 21:35
In February I paid for Lady from Park Royal Night Club overnight 50 US $ and everything was OK. But I prefer also the Emporer. I like to pick up a Lady there and then go to the Night Club in Park Royal to spend there the evening.

I always stay at Traders Hotel.

Lynch
05-03-11, 10:10
A update long overdue after my visit last month. I was over at Yangon during Thingyan. The celebration was nice. When I was in town, most of the night clubs were closed. However, music club was still operating and I was able to pick up a really nice chick there. She has the northern indian look and smiles a lot. Great company to be with. During Thingyan I think the girls outnumber the guys.

I also did visit a few regular places, Emperor as well as JJ club (recently reopened). Prices for these 2 places have gone up to 5, 000 kyat for entry fees. Emperor still the same as usual. Spotted some fashion show girls who are attractive but pricy to pick up (USD100). The rest of the girls lingering around the club could be taken for 30, 000 kyat, but quality is moderate. Then again, I'm a very picky person.

Whenever I visit JJ, I always take the massage ticket. With 5, 000 kyat paid, you get a free 1 hour massage compared to a glass of free drink. I just buy my drink inside. The massage is really not bad, especially if you have your favorite masseus attending to you. Some masseus there are seriously sweet. To me much better than the WL standing at the dancing area. JJ club is serioulsy low on stock during my visit. I was told the bulk of their girls have gone to 225 club but would be back in May. So expect JJ club the place to be later in May when all the girls / fashion group returns.

However, I woud still say that of all places, music club is my favorite joint. You get girls there that are not tied to mamasan or fashion group. They are free of their own will. WHen you pick them up, and if they are happy, they will be willing to spend the next day with you. That is not the case with mamasan girls, they have to go back strictly the next day. With freelance girls, you are able to enjoy something beyond paid sex. The drawback of the freelance girls would be that they do pick guys as well. I have been lucky thus far.

Currency conversion was USD100 to 85, 000 kyat. Taxi rates were double during Thingyan.

Liggi1
05-03-11, 22:37
@Lynch.

Thankyou for your report.

Where is the Music Club located? Please inform about the adress. Thankyou.

Member #2453
05-04-11, 11:20
A update long overdue after my visit last month. I was over at Yangon during Thingyan. The celebration was nice. When I was in town, most of the night clubs were closed. However, music club was still operating and I was able to pick up a really nice chick there. She has the northern indian look and smiles a lot. Great company to be with. During Thingyan I think the girls outnumber the guys.Thank you for the report, do you remember the name of the lady you took from Music Club?

Lynch
05-05-11, 05:04
Linggi. Music club is the name of the club at park royal hotel, basement level. The current Filipino band sucks. Cover girls were much better. Charina told me they are now in Oman, but will be back to yangon in June / July.

Memberxxxx. The girl in music club I took her name was cho cho. If you cannot speak Burmese, look for this 40 year old lady, slightly plump. She is speaks good English.

Cristal
05-05-11, 05:55
Where is the Music Club located? Please inform about the adress. Thankyou.At the Park Royal Hotel.

Golfinho
05-09-11, 07:17
However, I woud still say that of all places, music club is my favorite joint. You get girls there that are not tied to mamasan or fashion group.LOL. The Freelance girls are looking to ride the Park Royal elevators up and down to ride as many singapoean-korean-malaysian et. Als as they can in a night. And the Music Club has been overrun by gross fat mamasans who will swarm on you before your first drink arrives. Most seem to have a stable of one, so maybe there's something else going on. A bad trend, as the Music Club has been home to some of the best girls in town. Clean, english-speaking, smart company. If you can find something not abjectly mercenery.

Member #2453
05-10-11, 13:20
LOL. The Freelance girls are looking to ride the Park Royal elevators up and down to ride as many singapoean-korean-malaysian et. Als as they can in a night. And the Music Club has been overrun by gross fat mamasans who will swarm on you before your first drink arrives. Most seem to have a stable of one, so maybe there's something else going on. A bad trend, as the Music Club has been home to some of the best girls in town. Clean, english-speaking, smart company. If you can find something not abjectly mercenery.I 100% agree with that, highly overrated club and girls with a big attitude spoilte by the overpaying less demanding Koreans and other asians there

Amjeck
05-11-11, 13:17
I 100% agree with that, highly overrated club and girls with a big attitude spoilte by the overpaying less demanding Koreans and other asians thereThey say that giving a loaded gun to a child is dangerous, but it's more dangerous to give money to a small dicked asian man. These guys just don't understand! Too bad they are the richest people in the world now. Expect even more spots in asia to be ruined!

Travel Spirit
05-18-11, 09:06
The 6. 3 rate is the 'official' rate but is not tradable. They actually want you to take your foreign notes into the country so prefer crisp new US$ bills. The bigger the better. I got 875 kyats per 1 dollar last week from a money changer in Scott Market. His name is Lamere and he sits at the exit next to Heim Jewellers. He was recommended to me by a local anglo.

He will also change Sterling pounds at 1375 per pound.

Of course once you arrive at the airport, you won't have any local money. Thats no problem, take a taxi from the airport and pay the taxi driver in US$. He won't have change so have some smaller notes.

Your hotel may want you to pay in US$ too, so allow for that.

Also, you cannot change kyats back into foreign currency if you have some left over. So don't change all your money at once. Just as you need it.

Good luck.

MMCan we change euros easily?

Or can we pay the ladies in euros?

Liggi1
05-18-11, 18:28
No problem to change Euro in Yangon. The Ladys prefer Kyat or US $

Dodgy Doggy
06-12-11, 13:33
Hey mates, I am thinking of going to Yangon for a holiday. Might as well have as "fun". Any updates in Yangon?

Member #2453
06-13-11, 14:04
Hey mates, I am thinking of going to Yangon for a holiday. Might as well have as "fun". Any updates in Yangon?Better not to go with the exchange rate being 1USD to 74 Kyat, Cambodia would be better value for money the Yangon.

Yiddo
06-18-11, 00:53
Yangon was my nice little discovery until my latest visit. The Emperor used to be great for young, pretty, natural girls, but now it's totally changed. If you are not Asian the prettiest things won't even look at you, you'll have to pick from the third drawer. Music Club is crap, overpriced, overrun with asian guys and fat ugly women who you assume must be Mamasans, but they are not. All prices seem to have shot up. It was $10 taxi from airport (formerly $7) , the Panorama was $44 per night (same room, same agency, formerly $32) , $5 in to the Emperor (formerly $3) , $8 in to the Music Club (formerly $5). Add to that the low exchange rate to the $, and Yangon is now off my map.

Golfinho
06-18-11, 02:57
If you are not Asian the prettiest things won't even look at you, you'll have to pick from the third drawer. Music Club is crap, overpriced, overrun with asian guys and fat ugly women who you assume must be Mamasans, but they are not. All prices seem to have shot up. It was $10 taxi from airport (formerly $7) , the Panorama was $44 per night (same room, same agency, formerly $32) , $5 in to the Emperor (formerly $3) , $8 in to the Music Club (formerly $5). Add to that the low exchange rate to the $, and Yangon is now off my map.Yes, the low-end yiddo type guys are now priced out of Yangon. But, for anyone looking for high-end experience in Burma, it just isn't there either. A worst-worst scenario.

Liggi1
06-18-11, 17:14
Today I came back from Yangon. I stay there in Traders Hotel. In Traders you can pay with Credit Card!

Open for nightlife are:

Emporer.

JJ.

Park Royal Hotel nightclub.

Other places I don't ckeck.

Rate for 1 US is = 800 Kyatt

Terwagne
06-20-11, 03:42
Latest visit to Emperor gave mixed results: arriving around 9 pm on Wednesday, the club had a good ratio of at least 5 girls to 1, and a decent choice of attractive girls. Found a nice number with a lovely body. 18 yo and very little english. She joined me for 30, 000 Kyat short time to my hotel. From there it went downhill: shy girl, absolutely passive in bed, no DFK, short BJ. Well, one can't be lucky evry time and the lottery is part of the fun. Maybe one advise: be careful in the selection and don't choose the very young ones.

Joyra
07-04-11, 10:53
Hello, Fellow Mongers.

I am visiting Yangon for 3 days in this week.

Have been to Bangkok, PP and other destinations in Asia. Going by the reports posted here, Yangon mongering is very different as compared to other Asian cities.

Any guidance from the veterans will help me utilize my time in a better way and also post a report on the forum.

If any one is around in Yangon (6th. 8th July 2011) , please do let me know as we can meet and explore together.

Cheers!

Joyra

Yiddo
07-16-11, 07:38
[Yes, the low-end yiddo type guys ]

What gives you that idea? I usually pay girls at the higher end of any going rate. I would happily pay $50 for one of the pretty girls at Emperor, but it does not seem to be a matter of cash. When girls get into a culture of only going with asian guys (as in many places in the PI these days) money does not seem to be the issue. Asians, especially Koreans and Japanese, are often more insular (in our PC culture we would call it 'racist', but of course it is not PC to call non-Caucasians 'racist') than westerners. They think we are in some way 'dirty', that we all have AIDS and other diseases, and so asian guys often don't want to go with girls who also go with westerners. Hence you end up with groups of young pretty girls who simply won't go with westerners at all, because it might spoil their chances with asian customers.

GetBack
08-01-11, 20:13
Fellow Mongers,

I'm very new to this site. I'm making a trip to Yangon from Sep 22-Sep 25. It has been a while I was at Yangon. Last time was 2007. Just wanted to know any changes from the usual places? Have they opened any new joints?

Looking for your insights?

Also, If anyone is going to be there during the same timeframe please let me know. We can go hunting together.

Iching
08-04-11, 07:50
[Yes, the low-end yiddo type guys ]

What gives you that idea? I usually pay girls at the higher end of any going rate. I would happily pay $50 for one of the pretty girls at Emperor, but it does not seem to be a matter of cash. When girls get into a culture of only going with asian guys (as in many places in the PI these days) money does not seem to be the issue. Asians, especially Koreans and Japanese, are often more insular (in our PC culture we would call it 'racist', but of course it is not PC to call non-Caucasians 'racist') than westerners. They think we are in some way 'dirty', that we all have AIDS and other diseases, and so asian guys often don't want to go with girls who also go with westerners. Hence you end up with groups of young pretty girls who simply won't go with westerners at all, because it might spoil their chances with asian customers.It's up to the japanese or Koreans if they want to go with girls who only go with them.

Monkla
08-20-11, 07:52
I am in Yangoon now for about a week. Anyone out there want to hook up and party, PM me. By the way, I am burmese and have been living abroad for years so I speak to local lingo which would help. I would prefer to hook up with someone who knows the local scene and with your knowledge and my language skills, think of the blast we can have.

DrPecker
08-20-11, 16:04
I am in Yangoon now for about a week. Anyone out there want to hook up and party, PM me. By the way, I am burmese and have been living abroad for years so I speak to local lingo which would help. I would prefer to hook up with someone who knows the local scene and with your knowledge and my language skills, think of the blast we can have.Damn, bad timing! I will be there around start of October, would have been good to know someone that speaks the language haha!

AfterAfter
09-08-11, 07:13
Hi,

Can anyone recommend massage places in Yangon?

I will be travelling there end of this month.

Mayday14
09-20-11, 07:56
Anyone know if the fairly new East Hotel on Sule Pagoda Road is GF and if so to what degree (types of ID, etc)?
Or for that matter any other new hotels in the centre, pretty sure I spotted a big new one about to open when I was there in Febraury.

Mayday14
09-20-11, 13:21
Anyone know if the fairly new East Hotel on Sule Pagoda Road is GF and if so to what degree (types of I'd, etc)?

Or for that matter any other new hotels in the centre, pretty sure I spotted a big new one about to open when I was there in Febraury.Never mind, just noticed the toilet arrangement in the rooms. Bizarre!

Member #2453
09-20-11, 14:09
Yangon was my nice little discovery until my latest visit. The Emperor used to be great for young, pretty, natural girls, but now it's totally changed. If you are not Asian the prettiest things won't even look at you, you'll have to pick from the third drawer. Music Club is crap, overpriced, overrun with asian guys and fat ugly women who you assume must be Mamasans, but they are not. All prices seem to have shot up. It was $10 taxi from airport (formerly $7) , the Panorama was $44 per night (same room, same agency, formerly $32) , $5 in to the Emperor (formerly $3) , $8 in to the Music Club (formerly $5). Add to that the low exchange rate to the $, and Yangon is now off my map.With an exchange rate of 720 to the dollar its surely a gone place almost as expensive as Bangkok

Mayday14
09-20-11, 16:36
With an exchange rate of 720 to the dollar its surely a gone place almost as expensive as BangkokIrrawaddy is reporting an exchange rate of 850.

Member #2453
09-21-11, 14:55
Irrawaddy is reporting an exchange rate of 850.As of now 810, even at 850 not worth it

Amjeck
09-21-11, 17:15
As of now 810, even at 850 not worth itWhere you getting the current rates from? I agree, burma with these rate is very little value for money. LOS is better.

Mayday14
09-21-11, 22:33
As of now 810, even at 850 not worth itIt's never really been 'worth it' as purely p4p. Still a great country to visit though.

Liggi1
09-21-11, 22:38
Here is the daily rate:

http://www.naungmoon.com/

Mayday14
09-21-11, 22:41
Where you getting the current rates from? I agree, burma with these rate is very little value for money. LOS is better.Can get current rates through gtalk, add Myanmar.exchange.21@gmail.com, once accepted? Then type USD to get current rates. Member#2453 may know of a better way?

DrPecker
10-10-11, 11:20
So I just finished my Yangon trip and thought I'd post a summary trip report. A few non mongering things:

1. Internet is terrible in this country. I stayed at one of the best rooms in the Traders hotel and the internet was still awful, made worse due to almost anything useful being blocked. In other asian countries I just VPN out to a HK VPN I have paid access to, but even VPN is blocked in Myanmar.

2. Cash exchange rate was 780K when I first arrived and had improved to 800K a few days later [Dates: 2nd to 9th October 2011].

3. Life seems to be simpler there and people are genuinely friendly everywhere and unlike Thailand (my usual mongering destination) their ulterior motive is not to rip you off (exceptions being taxi drivers near nightlife areas and waiters in dodgy discos. More on this later). Honestly it was refreshing not being constantly hassled or ripped off.

Now the nightlife there seems to be three or 4 main types as people have reported here:

1. Discos / Nightclubs.

2. More upmarket nightclubs

3. Incall Massage places.

4. Possible brothels.

I basically did #1 and 2. There are a few famous discos JJ club and Emperor Disco (all taxi drivers know these places) , these seem to have the hottest chicks. The moment you get there the waiters will crowd you trying to "help you" get girls. Basically this is a bad idea and you need to tell them you don't need help and walk straight to the bar or the sofas and sit down on your own. What they often try to do is push some specific chicks on to you and then get a cut from the girls, and also ask you for a tip. Everyone loses. Except the fkn waiter.

I learnt that on my first night when a waiter latched on to me even before I walked into Emperor and then pushed this chick onto me. She was pretty hot so I went for it anyway tho I think I ended up paying the waiter an extra $10 tip and the chick 40, 000 Kyat (10k over the standard rate). Not big numbers so I didn't care but the bastard probably takes a 10-20$ cut from the chick too which I don't like the idea of.

So the following few days (I went to Emperor almost everyday LOL) , I just went to the bar and would wave off any waiters and the chicks all walk up to you to look and say Hi etc anyway and I'd rather pay a bigger tip to the chick directly than some seedy waiter guy. More importantly. This way you get to pick from a wider variety of chicks rather than the few that the waiter wants to push. Prices are 30, 000. 35, 000 Kyat to the girls.

Emperor girls seemed to be very hot and relatively young prolly all in the 18-20 range, in Thailand I nowadays stay away from chicks this young because they tend to be worse performers than a 22+ chick. But here they seem to be pretty awesome performers (maybe they start earlier somewhere else. Creepy thought). Seems to be quite a bit of variety from the ethnic Chinese look to the darker skin ethnic Bamar look. I've been sticking to the darker chicks because I was hitting the whiter meat in Thailand LOL. I reckon the Thais have more stunners, but the girls are cuter on average here. There are certainly way less uglies here than in Pattaya during current low season (which is where I was just before Yangon). Either way, this is all very subjective but the chicks are very different which was good for a change. As I said, they know how to move their asses during sex (didn't have a single starfish the whole trip) , great GFE, but seem to be terrified of the taste of even pre-cum, so CIM would be quite rare to find imo. Though I had no problems with getting BBBJs, but never to completion.

There are more upmarket nightclubs as well with better music and more of a live band scene. E. G. Music Club, basement level of Park royal. Has more foreigner oriented chicks I think who seem to have a decent grasp of english but were older / fatter / uglier than emperor girls. But you might get more of a PSE out of these ones whereas the emperor chicks seem to specialise in GFE. Overall though Music club is a much nicer place to drink. I am used to drinking quite heavily when I monger, and I was a bit more at home here. Next trip I'll try to start the night here a couple of times (instead of getting a girl from the other discos and coming here with her).

Also plenty of massage places and I'm 99% sure the hotel bellboys will bring massage chicks to your room if you ask. Also every taxi driver I spoke to about chicks said they go to "rooms for ladies" which I assume means local brothels and they are keen to take you to these places but I didn't want to bother because I'm not a big fan of in call places plus I didn't know how safe they would be.

All in all, I loved it for a change of scenery, got to tick off Burmese chicks off my "list" and even did a bit of sightseeing. I'll definitely be back again though maybe for a shorter time as part of my Thailand trips. And next time I'll try taking chicks from places other than just Emperor :P.

P. S. The annoying waiter from my first night found me again on my last day and wouldn't leave me alone despite being asked several times. And kept pushing girls onto me. It was the only time I had to resort to threaten to leave the club if he didn't leave me the f*k alone. After having to do that a few times, he finally got the message and I got on with what I was there to do.

Joel Gardner
10-13-11, 06:13
Was at the Park Royal Hotel recently. Visited the music club on a Sunday. There were more WG's then customers. A lot of choice but no good ones. The same old ones and maybe a few new ones but no one stunning. As johnny was in mood had to take someone upto the room. Since I had made a booking as double occupancy there was no extra charges. Costs have gone up in Myanmar and so also the charges for the girls.

Tallish
10-17-11, 01:34
[QUOTE=DrPecker; 1204941]How is the Visa, On Arrival visa's are there, or you have to have a Visa before.

Fast Eddie 48
10-21-11, 05:47
[QUOTE=DrPecker; 1204941]How is the Visa, On Arrival visa's are there, or you have to have a Visa before.To Tall.

You can do a visa on line go to burma web site it is very fast did it last month.

Fast Eddie 48

Cristal
10-22-11, 20:21
. go to burma web site it is very fast did it last month.Which website?

Are you sure it is online visa and not through a travel agent?

DrPecker
10-23-11, 06:47
Which website?

Are you sure it is online visa and not through a travel agent?There is no Visa on arrival or online visa / E-Visa like Cambodia has. There are online travel agents (possibly associated with the Myanmar government) who have various websites that do visa brokering services.

The best / safest option is to just go to the website of your country's Myanmar embassy and get the form and do it all by post.

For other Aussies like me, the Visa page on the embassy website is: http://myanmarembassycanberra.info/?page_id=93

Travel Spirit
10-23-11, 17:49
Which website?

Through a travel agent?I filled in the visa application form at www.myanmarvisa.com And then I made the payment on line for the normal processing.

After three days I received an email from Magado Travel!

It says: "I need your passport" so I sent a copy via email.

For three days now there is no reply. I hope the copy of the passport is enough.

Cristal
10-24-11, 01:48
I filled in the visa application form at.

www.myanmarvisa.com

And then I made the payment on line for the normal processing.

After three days I received an email from Magado Travel!

It says: "I need your passport" so I sent a copy via email.

For three days now there is no reply. I hope the copy of the passport is enough.You will be lucky if you get one.

See post #13 in this link.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2119505

As DrPecker suggests, it is best to apply for a regular visa at the Myanmar Embassy in your country or else apply for one at Bangkok. Takes 3 days.

Iching
10-25-11, 11:10
Can you still get a visa for myanmar in their Embassy in Bangkok?

Liggi1
10-27-11, 17:10
No problem to make the Myanmar Visa in their embassy in Bangkok.

Fast Eddie 48
10-28-11, 04:10
Can you still get a visa for myanmar in their Embassy in Bangkok?To Iching,

If you in Bangkok already there are many travel agent in the Silom area can get visa for you, you don't have to go to the embassy yourself and wait in line have 3 day or next day service.

Fast Eddie 48

RCA Knight
10-29-11, 12:38
I used this visa specialist in Bangkok many times, called Uranium Travel in Charn Issara Tower, near Sala Daeng BTS.

Very effcient service for visa to many countries. I remembered they even have Myanmar same day service if you are in a hurry.

If you apply from Singapore, go to Peninsula Plaza, any agent in there can do it for you.

Golfinho
10-29-11, 16:13
I used this visa specialist in Bangkok many times, called Uranium Travel in Charn Issara Tower.

Very effcient service for visa to many countries. I remembered they even have Myanmar same day service if you are in a hurry.The Myanmar Consulate has same day service. Just ask. Lines keep getting longer though, mass tourism has arrived. End of an era.

Fast Eddie 48
10-29-11, 23:48
The Myanmar Consulate has same day service. Just ask. Lines keep getting longer though, mass tourism has arrived. End of an era.To Golfinho,

Time is money why go to the embassy yourself just paid a few extra bht to the travel service agent to get visa for you on stop shopping and you can buy air ticket from them too, I rather spend time at the massage place in Silom area than waiting in line at the Myanmar consulate.

Fast Eddie 48

Travel Spirit
10-30-11, 09:10
Reading the forum I found that Emperor is at Shwedagon Pagoda Road, left side when coming from Strand Road, between Maha Bandula Road and Anawrahta Road.

Where is JJ club?

Member #2453
10-30-11, 14:37
I used this visa specialist in Bangkok many times, called Uranium Travel in Charn Issara Tower, near Sala Daeng BTS.

Very effcient service for visa to many countries. I remembered they even have Myanmar same day service if you are in a hurry.

If you apply from Singapore, go to Peninsula Plaza, any agent in there can do it for you.Any contact details or web site for Uranium Travel.

Golfinho
10-31-11, 01:11
go to the embassy yourself just paid a few extra bht to the travel service agent to get visa for you on stop shopping and you can buy air ticket from them too spend time massage place Silom area waiting in line at the Myanmar consulate.Good for you! Plenty of ticket agencies with visa service very near to Consulate. They do same day.

Bonrfide
11-01-11, 02:57
Reading the forum I found that Emperor is at Shwedagon Pagoda Road, left side when coming from Strand Road, between Maha Bandula Road and Anawrahta Road.

Where is JJ club?I believe (from RTFF) that JJ club is at Mingala Zei (market) on Set Yone Road. Could somebody please verify this?

Bonrfide

Fast Eddie 48
11-02-11, 03:37
Good for you! Plenty of ticket agencies with visa service very near to Consulate. They do same day.To Golfino.

There are no Massage place near the Myanmar consulate but there are plenty around Silom area, I can get a massage and wait for travel agent to get my visa.

Fast Eddie48

Travel Spirit
11-09-11, 05:03
You will be lucky if you get one.I was not lucky but never mind.

I got the visa at Bangkok by myself. It is very easy. You go (9am-12) at visa section of Myanmar Embassy at Thanon Pan near the intersection with Thanon Sathorn. You fill the application form, give your passport, two photos and 1260 baht and you come back later (3:30pm-4:30pm) to take your passport with visa stamp.

CoolBuddy
12-14-11, 16:05
I am planning to travel in Feb 2012. Is that peak tourist season with Panorama hotel fully occupied?

Is there any possibility to exchange Asian currencies like Singapore dollar or Malaysian ringgit in Yangon?

MoonSky1
12-17-11, 10:47
I am planning to travel in Feb 2012. Is that peak tourist season with Panorama hotel fully occupied?I don`t think there is a peak in Yangon. If Panorama is full, not far is Asia Plaza Hotel.

Is there any possibility to exchange Asian currencies like Singapore dollar or Malaysian ringgit in Yangon?Thai Baht is no problem, other money I am not sure.

Member #1453
12-18-11, 01:31
Be there Jan 8-15. Send me PM if you want to meet. Staying in Panorama.

CoolBuddy
12-26-11, 15:56
I don`t think there is a peak in Yangon. If Panorama is full, not far is Asia Plaza Hotel.

Thai Baht is no problem, other money I am not sure.Thanks for the information. I will write my report after the travel.

Member #1453
12-31-11, 17:08
If Panorama is full, not far is Asia Plaza Hotel.Is there WiFi access in Asia Plaza? How is the service of the bell boys? Do they have access to pretty ones? How much is current rate for girls they provide? Is there still the night club in Asia Plaza?

Mayday14
01-02-12, 12:07
Is there WiFi access in Asia Plaza? How is the service of the bell boys? Do they have access to pretty ones? How much is current rate for girls they provide? Is there still the night club in Asia Plaza?There's wifi in the lobby, no nightclub. Never used bell boy service

AlLostInSpace13
01-06-12, 06:34
Just saw Burma on BBC, so looks like the country is beginning to open up. I'll be in Asia this May / June, so if more encouraging reports show up then I might make this a stop.

Spaceman

Golfinho
01-18-12, 06:41
Just saw Burma on BBC, so looks like the country is beginning to open up. I'll be in Asia this May / June, so if more encouraging reports show up then I might make this a stopLooking for the country to 'open up'? Are you nuts? More encouraging reports and I will not want to make this another stop again. Last two weeks there were more tourists seen here than ever before, best hotels all fully booked. But, this is in fact High Season. Prices way up from just earlier this year. Show up in May / June and enjoy torrential rain. Throughout the day and night. Cross streets ankle deep in water and detritus. Do it barefoot like the locals. But, that's the charm of Yangon.

Rick
02-01-12, 05:32
Is there WiFi access in Asia Plaza? How is the service of the bell boys? Do they have access to pretty ones? How much is current rate for girls they provide? Is there still the night club in Asia Plaza?Try to book hotel through travel agent (normally cheaper). You can try Santa Maria (

http://www.myanmartravels.net/

) they are located next to Central Hotel. I tried 1 year ago. Book for double so you don't have to pay for the joining fee (if any) later. Asia Plaza rooms is in poor maintenance, I moved out to central hotel which is much better. There is club at the basement area of Asia Plaza but I didn't see much action, better if you head to JJ by taxi or China town (action stopped by 11pm) , JJ close about 1am.

Tim Bone
02-02-12, 05:29
Looking for the country to 'open up'? Are you nuts? More encouraging reports and I will not want to make this another stop again. Last two weeks there were more tourists seen here than ever before, best hotels all fully booked. But, this is in fact High Season. Prices way up from just earlier this year. Show up in May / June and enjoy torrential rain. Throughout the day and night. Cross streets ankle deep in water and detritus. Do it barefoot like the locals. But, that's the charm of Yangon.I can certainly see that coming. I showed up at the embassy in BKK about 2 weeks ago at 0815, 45 min before they open, to get a visa and there was a big line already. It took 2 hours before I could give them the papers. But I could a least pick up my passport in the afternoon after waiting for only half an hour. Maybe it was particularly bad since it was on a Monday and the weekend had accumulated many eager tourists. 1260B with same day service.

But put up in an apartment with a colleague this time, so that's it for bringing girls back. Damn

Wild Thing 69
02-04-12, 00:11
Hi there,

Seems like recommended GF Hotels Panorama or Asia Plaza are fuly booked in April. Can somebody give mid-range alternatives? What about East hotel? It gets good reviews and is centrally located.

Thanks in advance.

WT69

Phil Istine
02-05-12, 07:43
I amk going to Rangoon in two weeks with a mate but it is hard to find a mid price level hotel.

East Hotel and Thamada fully booked already.

Malibu21
02-12-12, 22:34
I believe (from RTFF) that JJ club is at Mingala Zei (market) on Set Yone Road. Could somebody please verify this?

BonrfideIt is indeed at a market place, just tell the taxi JJ, it is very famous for local.

CoolBuddy
02-20-12, 18:39
Just back from 2 weeks trip from Yangon. You can directly call Asia Plaza hotel reservation and make a booking.

I am sure all the rooms in there are not fully booked daily.

Hi there,

Seems like recommended GF Hotels Panorama or Asia Plaza are fuly booked in April. Can somebody give mid-range alternatives? What about East hotel? It gets good reviews and is centrally located.

Thanks in advance.

WT69

CoolBuddy
02-20-12, 19:00
I was staying in Asia Plaza for 2 weeks with $55 per night. I was exploring JJ and Emperor club. JJ club with lot of local crowd and big club with lot of girls and open until 3AM.

Emperor relatively smaller club mainly with foreigner crowd and open until 11PM-12AM.

Most of girls quote 30000Kyatt for full night but quality is poor. Don't get diverted with makeup and external appearance. Most of the girls look younger but after exploring the body in bed, I realized that most girls have babies and not in good shape. Better take lot of time to select the low range girls. Otherwise you can try with the so-called model girls ranging from 75k. 100K (but I never tried). Sorry to mention this, I experienced some kind of bad smell from their hair and difficult to sleep together. I don't know what kind of hair lotion they apply.

Myanmar is not P4P destination and don't invest lot of time and money for mongering action here. My suggestion would be to try with so-called model girls if you have lot of money and energy to bang the chick.

Cool Traveler
02-20-12, 19:29
My experience:

This was couple of years ago, so take it for what it is worth:

I changed about US$100 at the airport, and got about 12 Kyat (Chat) for the dollar. My supplier picked me up, scolded me for changing money at the airport. He changed more in town for 160 Kyatt for the dollar.

Use the money changes in town and negotiate the exchange rate.

Good luck

I am planning to travel in Feb 2012. Is that peak tourist season with Panorama hotel fully occupied?

Is there any possibility to exchange Asian currencies like Singapore dollar or Malaysian ringgit in Yangon?

Liggi1
02-21-12, 16:15
In the Airport you get the best rate for US Dollar and Euro. Also you can change back when you departure (save the bill).1 Euro is about 1000 Kyatt.

End of March its will be start to make the Visa online!

Fast Eddie 48
02-28-12, 21:13
I was reading that Burma want to open up to the world investing more money into tourist trade, I think they need to bulid more hotel and road offer VOA or even free visa to all touirst, this is beautiful country with alot to offer and the government are changing to the better and yet less than 800, 000 visiter last yr compare to 18 million to Thailand, time is right for a big tourist boom here.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
02-28-12, 21:45
In the Airport you get the best rate for US Dollar and Euro. Also you can change back when you departure (save the bill).1 Euro is about 1000 Kyatt.

End of March its will be start to make the Visa online!To Liggi 1.

The money exchange in this country is all screw up that need to change, I heard the new legal money changer in Yangon Thedin Phuy money exhange licensed by the central bank rate is 852 kyatt to one USD bill must be brand new no mark or line.

Fast Eddie 48

ButtLover
03-18-12, 07:52
Hi.

Does anyone know if the guide Hillary (his name) , still working in the area around the Traders hotel.

He was a great guy and could also help to change money.

Regards.

BL

Malibu21
03-29-12, 11:19
The hotels is getting expensive, with agent Panorama up from $2X to $3X, and now they quote me $6X.

Everything is very expensive now

Joyra
03-30-12, 10:25
The hotels is getting expensive, with agent Panorama up from $2X to $3X, and now they quote me $6X.

Everything is very expensive nowHi,

I checked on few hotels, as I am traveling to Yangon in the next week, and the price has more than doubled. Traders is quoting close to USD 220 for a regular room!

Yangon is anyway not a great mongering destination and with these increased prices the place will be even lower in priority of regular Mongers.

Cheers!

Joyra
03-30-12, 10:29
Hi.

Does anyone know if the guide Hillary (his name) , still working in the area around the Traders hotel.

He was a great guy and could also help to change money.

Regards.

BLHi,

I have been using the services of another very reliable local guy. He knows all the mongering places and has helped me in the past to change money too. If you need his contact, please PM me.

Will be in Yangon in the next week.

Cheers!

Member #1453
03-31-12, 02:01
Hi,

I have been using the services of another very reliable local guy. He knows all the mongering places and has helped me in the past to change money too. If you need his contact, please PM me.

Cheers!Enjoy yourself man. Ask ND for the #3. I believe you would enjoy. #1 and #2 also were good. Cheers.

Joyra
03-31-12, 02:49
Enjoy yourself man. Ask ND for the #3. I believe you would enjoy. #1 and #2 also were good. Cheers.Hi, thanks. Yes, I already told him about your experiences and he said that he will definitely fix up #3 for me. From Yangon, I go to Philippines and that is where all your contacts are going to come handy. BUt man, the number of contacts you have given me will take at least 5. 6 visits to explore. Thanks once again.

Take care and have a good day.

Cheers!

PS: When do you plan to come back to Asia.

SmallBird
04-09-12, 13:24
I have been to Yangon last month. Yangon is still considered cheap but not a nice mongering place.

The overnight charges is 30, 000 to 40, 000 kyats for Emperor Club. The fashion show starts at 9. 30pm. Don't go to early because you would be exceptionally boring and continuously harassed by the club girl before you could get what you prefer.

There are barma and indian there. A better place to fuck indian, I think. But I don't really like indian girl service attitude. The GFE is weak, maybe due to their culture, I don't know.

The working girls in emperor would mostly ask 40, 000 kyats at first but are willing to reduce the price to 30, 000 kyats which is the standard price. But it depends. If the girl is too pretty and the time is still early, don't expect the discount. It won't happen.

While the price has jacked up a lot. U know two years ago, the price of park royal girl was 50USD tln. Nowadays even chinatown club (Emperor, Zerozone.) demands 50USD.

Another thing is when I finish fuck 2 girls, I asked them to go back because I prefer sleeping alone. Always.

But the girls deny to go home, I can't understand. Arent the girl like to escape from their customer after fucking and money collecting activity?

I finally know they don't have transport to go home at night. The transport in Yangon is definitely shit. No street light at night. I could encounter 4 electricity disruptions in 2 days. So I could only let them sleep with me for the whole night.

The nightlife is Yangon is yet to be improved. I mean increase the ST service, increase the massage service, and increase the live band. No live music, just fashion show-boring people watching activity.

The Yangon taxi has no meter. I stayed in Thamada Hotel last month. 40USD per night. Hard to get this kind of room at this rate at this moment. The Yangon food is lousy. I can't accept. I only eat japanese and western food there. The dining cost is steep consider their economy level but would be ok for foreigner.

I couldn't provide much useful information except the recent price & location. While I don't have a really good impression on Yangon but I do hope fuckers on this forum could have good experience there.

The Chinatown clubs are concentrated at Pagoda Road. If you use Google map, it is the Pagoda Road between Anawrahta Road and Maha Bandoola Road. All the clubs are on roof top, you just have signboard and a lots of welcome guide just in front of the building. They will pull the taxi door for you when you arrive and guide you to upstair.

Park Royal is tourist trap nowadays, don't go. According to the taxi drivers, emperor is still the best due to wide choice and standard price. Around 100+ working ladies inside.

Liggi1
04-09-12, 15:36
The same price for the showgirls?

Western787
04-10-12, 08:58
I have been to Yangon last month. Yangon is still considered cheap but not a nice mongering place.

The overnight charges is 30, 000 to 40, 000 kyats for Emperor Club. The fashion show starts at 9. 30pm. Don't go to early because you would be exceptionally boring and continuously harassed by the club girl before you could get what you prefer.

There are barma and indian there. A better place to fuck indian, I think. But I don't really like indian girl service attitude. The GFE is weak, maybe due to their culture, I don't know.

The working girls in emperor would mostly ask 40, 000 kyats at first but are willing to reduce the price to 30, 000 kyats which is the standard price. But it depends. If the girl is too pretty and the time is still early, don't expect the discount. It won't happen.

While the price has jacked up a lot. U know two years ago, the price of park royal girl was 50USD tln. Nowadays even chinatown club (Emperor, Zerozone.) demands 50USD.

Another thing is when I finish fuck 2 girls, I asked them to go back because I prefer sleeping alone. Always.

But the girls deny to go home, I can't understand. Arent the girl like to escape from their customer after fucking and money collecting activity?

I finally know they don't have transport to go home at night. The transport in Yangon is definitely shit. No street light at night. I could encounter 4 electricity disruptions in 2 days. So I could only let them sleep with me for the whole night.

The nightlife is Yangon is yet to be improved. I mean increase the ST service, increase the massage service, and increase the live band. No live music, just fashion show-boring people watching activity.

The Yangon taxi has no meter. I stayed in Thamada Hotel last month. 40USD per night. Hard to get this kind of room at this rate at this moment. The Yangon food is lousy. I can't accept. I only eat japanese and western food there. The dining cost is steep consider their economy level but would be ok for foreigner.

I couldn't provide much useful information except the recent price & location. While I don't have a really good impression on Yangon but I do hope fuckers on this forum could have good experience there.

The Chinatown clubs are concentrated at Pagoda Road. If you use Google map, it is the Pagoda Road between Anawrahta Road and Maha Bandoola Road. All the clubs are on roof top, you just have signboard and a lots of welcome guide just in front of the building. They will pull the taxi door for you when you arrive and guide you to upstair.

Park Royal is tourist trap nowadays, don't go. According to the taxi drivers, emperor is still the best due to wide choice and standard price. Around 100+ working ladies inside.Any hot girls in these "fashion shows"? The You Tube videos of these shows (with a few notable exceptions) basically show average to only moderately pretty girls, which is is odd given the level female beauty that country is known for. Perhaps the girls that wanted to stay in your hotel room have just a wooden shack to go home to, so that's why they want to stay overnight. Supposedly there a huge amount of investors looking to invest money in Mayamar, but its going to take 5 op 10 years to have any real impact, and that's assuming the military agrees with any changes.

Jhudi Gouw
04-11-12, 19:50
Hi,

Cheers!Please PM or email [Email address deleted by Admin] Couse I go to myanmar in May 17. Thanks

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

SmallBird
04-16-12, 15:30
Any hot girls in these "fashion shows"? The You Tube videos of these shows (with a few notable exceptions) basically show average to only moderately pretty girls, which is is odd given the level female beauty that country is known for. Perhaps the girls that wanted to stay in your hotel room have just a wooden shack to go home to, so that's why they want to stay overnight. Supposedly there a huge amount of investors looking to invest money in Mayamar, but its going to take 5 op 10 years to have any real impact, and that's assuming the military agrees with any changes.The lighting inside the club is very dark. So hard to do the statistic job. I can see there are some hot girls inside. A note is the Burmese girl body shape is not that great. I think their look are good, just small to medium boob is the disadvantage.

MoonSky1
05-01-12, 13:43
The country goes to open and waiting for the run of tourists. The prices goes to explode. 6 month ago I payed in Asia Plaza Hotel 35$ for e suite room. On my email request they ask now for same room 120$. Also other Hotels raised up the roomrate for 100-200. Maybe possible book over an agency. But also they have problems with existing contracts.

Sarangdharp
05-11-12, 13:52
Hi Bros,

I would be there in Yangon next week. Can somebody tell me what is the current exchange rate for US$ and where can I get the best rates without being cheated?

Best regards

MoonSky1
05-11-12, 15:32
1 USD: 821. 823 Ks (http://www.naungmoon.com)

I read also there are many changes. Maybe there now official bank where you can change money. Also direct at Airport with a fec-card (Declaire more than 2000$ with you)

Liggi1
05-11-12, 16:43
Hi Bros,

I would be there in Yangon next week. Can somebody tell me what is the current exchange rate for US$ and where can I get the best rates without being cheated?

Best regardsDon't change on the black market Now the best rates are in the banks, in the Airport also OK. For 1 US the rate is around 800 Kyatt. Some 4 star hotels accept Credit Cards.

Thats all new.

Golfinho
05-12-12, 03:00
what is the current exchange rate for US$ and where can I get the best rates without being cheated?Don't worry yourself about getting cheated. Minimal subcontinental mentality here; the Muslim and Buddhist people very fair. Except for hindus on the street offering to change: they will cheat you. But no need for them. Rate at banks and moneychangers all same now. Change at airport counter if it is open when you arrive. Current rate 820, up from 818 last week. But everything more expensive now, with not much value.

Sarangdharp
05-12-12, 08:33
Hi Bro,

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance. I am quite relaxed now.

Best regards.

Sarang.

Don't worry yourself about getting cheated. Minimal subcontinental mentality here; the Muslim and Buddhist people very fair. Except for hindus on the street offering to change: they will cheat you. But no need for them. Rate at banks and moneychangers all same now. Change at airport counter if it is open when you arrive. Current rate 820, up from 818 last week. But everything more expensive now, with not much value.

Philip
05-18-12, 07:30
Could someone please ask the conversion rate for the Chinese Yuan next time they change money.

Appreciate the time.

Thank you

EdHyde
05-29-12, 23:29
Hello,

I was in Yangon for 4 days in May. At Emperor, bar girls asked for 30 to 40k kyats, but I was told that "showgirls" ask 80k. I didn't try (a bit to expensive even if some girls were quit nice). I fact, I think I even didn't understand how to peak one of them through their "buying flowers" game.

It seems that being "selected" or not, they all disapear after their show. But I might have missed something. If someone can explain the game rules.

Sarangdharp
05-31-12, 15:06
I was in Yangon for a few days and I can say that it is a pretty nice place, barring the language issue. I met 4 girls / women (in fact 3. 5 women, I would explain this in my 4th report). This is part 1:

I stayed in a medium standard hotel which was quite clean and there was no issue getting a girl in the room. I must thank Bro Joyra who guided me to his friend who is a Travel agent who was quite helpful. I reached the hotel around 7 PM and after some time called this friend and invited him for a drink in my room. I had carried an Absolute Pear Vodka which he liked very much. 2 drinks down, I came straight to our favorite topic and asked for his help. It was 9. 30 in the evening which is quite late by local standards. But our friend felt obliged to help me out and called a few independents. A girl promised to come in half an hour. She did come in 30 minutes and I got a call from reception that I have a guest. I simply told them to send her up which they did. I found her to be quite good, around 7 (but small boobs). I offered her a Vodka which she readily accepted. The deal was struck at KYT 40, 000 for whole night, after which our friend left. I ordered for some dinner in the room and offered her too which made her comfortable. We had 3 rounds of steamy sex after which we slept. We woke up at 7. 30 and I wanted to have another round but she did not agree since she was getting late.

All in all, not a bad night.

Otari
06-04-12, 18:49
I'm hesitating between Burma and Laos for going for a trip. Sightseeing and mongering. Is it Burma better, as mongering in Laos seems to be illegal? Does somebody have any experience in those 2 countries? I know that probably Thailand is better for mongering but I'the like to combine stopover in Bangkok with some new experience.

TConor
06-06-12, 10:31
I'm hesitating between Burma and Laos for going for a trip. Sightseeing and mongering. Is it Burma better, as mongering in Laos seems to be illegal? Does somebody have any experience in those 2 countries? I know that probably Thailand is better for mongering but I'the like to combine stopover in Bangkok with some new experience.Exactly what is your meaning?

Otari
06-07-12, 08:15
Exactly what is your meaning?I would like not only to stay in the capital looking for girls, going to clubs and sleeping all day. Girls are not the only factor traveling there. I'the like to travel around but of course girls are important factor. Because of moving around the country it would be great to find girls not in capital only. I'm rather in ST then LT, prefer to have some fun but sleep alone. And of course I don't like to be in conflict with the local law.

Kute Guy
06-07-12, 12:15
There seems to be more action here than the general forum.

Wanted to let people know that visa on arrival is again operating at the airport. Think it's 40Usd

Liggi1
06-07-12, 23:14

Wanted to let people know that visa on arrival is again operating at the airport. Think it's 40UsdAlso for traveller coming by Air from Bangkok?

Kute Guy
06-15-12, 16:17
Also for traveller coming by Air from Bangkok?My GUESS would be. Yez. T.

That's what I'm doing next week. But it depends on the country of your passport and not where you are flying from. Check with your country's mynamar / burma embassy.

Anyway don't want to go off topic here. Want to see Some more reports of the action in yangon. I'm excited!

Kute Guy
06-15-12, 16:28

Wanted to let people know that visa on arrival is again operating at the airport. Think it's 40UsdHttp://www.mip.gov.mm/visaonarrival/

It's for transit, business, and meeting / event purposes only; not for tourist.

Liggi1
06-16-12, 09:54
Yes not for tourist : http://www.botschaft-myanmar.de/4.html

I will be in Yangon in the middle of July.

Golfinho
06-16-12, 10:07
Yes not for tourist :

http://www.botschaft-myanmar.de/4.htmlRight. Check the Consulates, things are changeable. Last month, it was tourist visa on arrival for MAI flights from China only. Over 'excited' people here can't seem to resist the compulsion to offload whatever garbage jumps into their heads. Anyhow, it's rainy season now, which is pretty miserable in this country

Marrow
06-21-12, 15:57
Park Royal is tourist trap nowadays, don't go. According to the taxi drivers, emperor is still the best due to wide choice and standard price. Around 100+ working ladies inside.Tourist trap? Nowadays? Can you explain it better, please? What's the matter with park royal?

Otari
06-28-12, 19:12
Hello,

I was in Yangon for 4 days in May. At Emperor, bar girls asked for 30 to 40k kyats, but I was told that "showgirls" ask 80k. I didn't try (a bit to expensive even if some girls were quit nice). I fact, I think I even didn't understand how to peak one of them through their "buying flowers" game.

It seems that being "selected" or not, they all disapear after their show. But I might have missed something. If someone can explain the game rules.How do you get in touch with the showgirls? Are they staying in the club after the show or you have somehow to arrange it? Is it worth to pay 2-3 times more for the showgirls if you compare it with the price of club girls?

Yiddo
07-05-12, 08:24
From my observations showgirls don't go at all. Some seem to have Burmese boyfriends who clearly know them. In any case, I thought the showgirls were older and less attractive than the bar girls. It's all in the mind : they seem more desirable if you can't get them! I haven't visited for a year; prices had gone up and the pretty girls in Emperor were very picky, choosing only Asian guys. Prices for hotels seem to have shot up even more now, you have to pay $60 for very ordinary rooms like Panorama. Does anyone think it's still worth a visit compared to Thailand, PI etc?

Yiddo
07-05-12, 08:35
Right. Check the Consulates, things are changeable. Last month, it was tourist visa on arrival for MAI flights from China only. Over 'excited' people here can't seem to resist the compulsion to offload whatever garbage jumps into their heads. Anyhow, it's rainy season now, which is pretty miserable in this countryI was told last week that VOA is NOT available except for some special tour groups. Sometimes rainy season is the best time to go, less competition. However judging by the rates they are asking for rooms even in the rainy season, the recent political changes seem to have resulted in an influx of visitors.

Golfinho
07-05-12, 11:01
I was told last week that VOA is NOT available except for some special tour groups. Sometimes rainy season is the best time to go, less competition. However judging by the rates they are asking for rooms even in the rainy season, the recent political changes seem to have resulted in an influx of visitors.Enough already with the second-hand visa information. Just check with the consulate beforehand.

Anyone who visited Burma back when won't appreciate the changes. Dollar signs in everyone's eyes now. A new law setting the maximum rate of standard hotel room at $150, which is a good thing. If it flies in practice. For low-budget shabby people, there are shabby places which have doubled in price; for the same price you get nearly 4-star in Thailand and Philippines. Burma for novelty value only on a short visit. Rainy season is NOT the best time to go, blackouts and infrastructure not up to the weather. Number of poor girls being sold by mamasans appears unchanged, if that's your thing. Skin check close in good light, they've been raised rough and it shows. For freelance fun places, not happening. There are swarms of PRC business people and other asiatics travelling in packs now overrunning the country, on projects, etc. Whatever. Tourist influx made rooms scarce January to start of water festival. Expect same next season.

On The Road
08-11-12, 16:56
I went in a two weeks Myanmar trip, this is my report (almost only on Yangon).

In Yangon I choose the New Aye Yar Hotel, easy to book via email, they answer soon.

40 USD / night (but they said they were rising the price up to 43 USD) , not a luxury hotel but the room was huge and good enough to be chosen.

More than guest friendly, but you have to pay a 10 USD joiner fee, and they keep your friend documents. If she stay up to breakfast time, they ship a second breakfast coupon under the door, next morning.

First night I went to Emperor club, the 5000ks entrance fee with a free beer included.

As soon as you enter you will be surrounded by many girl trying to push your choice (but not as much as if you are Japanese or Korean). Most of the girl are (very) young and petite, and if you are into this kind of girl (I am) , many of them are really very pretty. I found the level very high, but only if you like young, small and inexperienced Asian girls.

Most of them speak few or no English, and even the ones that seems to understand you, maybe they are not.

First night I arrive a little bit late, and I stopped looking the crazy fashion show, talking with no girl.

Around 11. 30 pm most of the club started to empty, waiters and girls told me they were closing.

In that moment a pretty young girl come to me, offering an all night for 30000ks, and I accepted without any special request or further bargain, because I knew that was the right price. She change herself in some less sexy dresses, and we went to my room. No real English spoken, so the conversation was not do interesting.

As soon as she arrive in my room, she call mamasan to tell her hotel name and room number.

The session was not bad, despite the "OMG what a pain" face while in her, but I have to admit she had maybe the tightest pussy I ever saw in my life.

After the session she wrapped herself in the towel, put the television on fashion tv and started to sleep.

In the morning, very early, the telephone rang, she answered and soon started to get dressed. I tried to ask there for a second session, but no results.

Second night I wanted to try JJ club, now called Diamond Entertainment or something like that (but everyone still call it JJ). It is a bigger place, but similar kind of girls around. 4000ks entrance and a glass of local draft beer.

What I really did not like of the place was a very very pushy waiter, all the time around me despite I asked him to leave me alone. Later I ordered some drinks, I had to pay 4000ks total, gave him a 5000ks banknote and he did not gave me change.

BTW an Indian looking girl, actually Burmese but son of an Indian man and a Burmese woman, was funny enough to raise my attention. She was not the prettiest (maybe just a 7/10) nor the youngest (she was 22yo while all the other girls look 18 at the most) , but she spoke a decent English and showed a good attitude so I choose her.

Her name was Sonia, and she was a real freelancer (no mamasan, no mobile phone, something different from the others). We agreed for the 30000ks and for a double session night / morning.

Despite I read that many Indian girls can have a bad attitude once in bedroom, she still was good, and I had a nice GFE that night. The only downside was that she was not into BJ, but despite that it was a good experience.

Next morning we had breakfast together and she would like to spend the day with me, or to see me again in the night, but I planned to fly away that day so I sent her back home.

I would like to have her number or other contact way, but this was not possible. She just told me, when you will be back look for me at JJ.

Some days after, when I went back to Yangon, I decided not to go back to JJ, mainly for the bad vibes to the waiters and because I was not sure to find her again.

So I went back to Emperor, sure to have learned the lesson.

As soon as I went in, I headed to the bar and I was surrounded by 5 or 6 girls, two or three of them really nice. After some screaming two of them were around me, but the one I liked most spoke absolutely no English. Both of them were from Kalaw ("Kalaw girl very nice, don't like don't pay") , so I decided to keep her despite the lack of verbal communication. Her name was Lwinllwin (she wrote me of course) , but I was not able to tell her I wanted a double session. After some attempt, we found her mamasan so I was able to tell this to her, and we agreed. Usual 30000ks.

She was very young and really inexperienced, I could understand that the mamasan was explaining her what to do, and how and so on, like if this was one of the first times. This excited me a lot.

Once in bedroom, we had two very satisfying sessions. She was open to everything, and very eager to please. I'm quite sure she had a good time, too.

No "OMG what a pain" face, no towel wrapping, nothing too professional. I really liked being with her.

She gave me her mobile number, asking to call her soon. So bad my Myanmar time was over, or she can easily became my usual girl for the night.

I gave her a good tip, and I left promising to come back soon.

All in all, despite what I read here, Yangon scene is not so bad at all!

It is not Thailand of course, but I find very pretty girls (for my taste, of course!) , and I had very good sessions, at least two out of three.

About other places around. In Mandalay I asked a motorbike taxi driver for a massage.

He brought me to the Golden City Crown Hotel. 30th street not far from the railway station, third floor. This looked promising, when I enter I saw some very pretty girls.

Once in the room a very beautiful girl. 9/10 at least, came in, but when she asked me to wear a pyjama I understood there was no possibility. BTW I had a nice, strong, legit, Burmese massage but with no sexual implications.

Going away in front of the railway station some other motorbikers offered me "lady massage", but I did not investigate further.

In Bagan I wasn't able to spot any action.

In Inle lake, a boat man brought me to a village, and he told me many girls use to prostitute them self for just 6000ks! I was not in the mood to try in that moment, but he showed me a couple of them and they were nice enough.

On The Road
08-16-12, 09:58
BTW, just to answer to topic title, in my very personal experience Burma vs. Laos (or better Yangon vs. Vientiane) is an epic win for Burma.

Loso69
08-17-12, 03:39
I have just finished my preliminary research on Yangon, in preparation for next month's trip, and have identified these P4P spots & P4P strategy.

Early evening places

- Emperor
- Palace

These places open early (7 PM) , and close early (11.30 PM).
Go early (around 8 PM) to get the best looking girls.

Question: Palace hasn't been mentioned in reports for over a year. Still worth checking out?

Late evening places

- JJ
- Music Club (more expensive chicks)

Get started later, and close later (1-3 AM).
Go there around 10-11 PM, if you strike out at Emperor/Palace.

Very late night place

- Cafe Liberal

Never been mentioned on ISG. Any girls to be found? If so, could be an option in case a girl leaves in the middle of the night.

Regular discos

- Channel V
- DJ Club
- Pioneer
- YGN Club

Discos with a young non-pro party crowd, and a few pros.

Question: Where is the new Pioneer? According to Google maps, it's on Ahlone Road (close to Hotel Yangon International). Or is it off University Avenue Road, where BME II used to be, and now called V6?

Closed

- Asia Plaza
- BME I
- BME II
- IQ
- Sedona

A few other places have been mentioned, but didn't make it onto the main list of venues. Any more places I should definitely check out?

Since Emperor seems to be the #1 place in town, and since you have to get there early, it may be a good idea to check out the talent in other places with Emperor girl in tow. And maybe collect some phone numbers when Emperor girl is off to the toilet. LOL.

Loso

RCA Knight
08-17-12, 07:03
From last year up to this year, I went through Vientiane and Yangon 2 times each, stayed from 1-2 nights each time before connecting flights to the interior. Realistically both destinations are off my list as sex destinations. At one time both places ranked very high on my list.

First Yangon, the hotel rates have exploded recently after all these political reform, sudden rush of tourists will push the hotel prices higher and higher. The mongers' favorite Panorama Hotel, not long ago, the room was only 25-30 USD, and now fully booked every single day at 65 USD. My favorite Trader hotel, not long ago was only about 70 USD, now rooms going at astronomical 260USD and fully booked all the time with countless tour groups.

The lady price also increased but not as much as the hotels. Now almost no one will go below 30000K, places like Emperor, Palace, you can still get girls easily about 30000K, a few cuties will ask 40000k or more. There are lots of customers these days, including lots of locals, I guess locals are getting richer as well, so if you see one you like you have to act fast, or she won't be around too long.

But one downside is that all clubs in Yangon are really dark, you won't see the girl's real face and shape until you take her out, the best time to take a good look is when the fashion show comes on and lights turned on. That's when I take a good look and make my decision quickly.

But overall the quality at Emperor or else where all have gone down, the best quality in Yangon for me was about 8-10 years ago, when the scene was very simple and very relaxed, beautiful girls started to learn this trade, and girls go for 20 USD.

Vientiane as well, the girl fees have increased a lot, before the karaoke girls go for ST 30-35 USD, you do not need to buy lady drinks, can just pick and go, but now, the mamasans always want you to sit and drink and the ST rate is 50 USD, so expect to pay around 70 altogether plus room for a ST. Quality at Anou, Mekong and others all have gone down my last 2 visits. And these handful of doable ones are getting spoiled, I encountered a few that only wanted to go ST room nearby, too lazy to go back customer's hotel.

The hotel brothels like La On Daos are still running, but the quality is very bad, I really had to make serious compromises, price stay the same 40 USD include ST room. The pimps will quote you 50 or more at first.

Both Myanmar and Laos are very good sightseeing destinations, probably best in SEA, but in term of pure sex destination, they rank very low for me now. Situations have changed a lot in these 2 countries in 10 years. 10 years ago these 2 were on top of my list with many innocent cuties that will do anything you want, the good old times are forever gone. If I have to pick one for mongering now, and only have 2 choices, well, I probably have to struggle and pick Myanmar, only because in my statistics more Myanmar girls give me good BBBJ and CIM than Vientiane girls, but not by much.

Golfinho
08-17-12, 16:39
From last year up to this year, I went through Vientiane and Yangon 2 times each, stayed from 1-2 nights each time before connecting flights to the interior. Realistically both destinations are off my list as sex destinations. At one time both places ranked very high on my list.

The mongers' favorite Panorama Hotel, not long ago, the room was only 25-30 USD, and now fully booked every single day at 65 USD. My favorite Trader hotel, not long ago was only about 70 USD, now rooms going at astronomical 260USD and fully booked all the time with countless tour groups.Can't disagree here. And it is sure to get worse in a hurry. The people see dollar signs everywhere now. Add to this No infrastructure to speak of, low comfort standard and little to do after you've see the couple of tourist attractions. Burma is novelty value only, and only for people who want to say they've been everywhere. The other thing is about the girls. When you get them in good light and take a close look there are things that give pause, the kind of things where you send them back immediately, and start washing yourself everywhere. This is a country with major tuberculosis hospital in the center of Yangon and god knows what else. Glad to have seen it, but won't be going back.

Fast Eddie 48
08-20-12, 00:19

First Yangon, the hotel rates have exploded recently after all these political reform, sudden rush of tourists will push the hotel prices higher and higher. The mongers' favorite Panorama Hotel, not long ago, the room was only 25-30 USD, and now fully booked every single day at 65 USD. My favorite Trader hotel, not long ago was only about 70 USD, now rooms going at astronomical 260USD and fully booked all the time with countless tour groups.

The lady price also increased but not as much as the hotels. Now almost no one will go below 30000K, places like Emperor, Palace, you can still get girls easily about 30000K, a few cuties will ask 40000k or more. There are lots of customers these days, including lots of locals, I guess locals are getting richer as well, so if you see one you like you have to act fast, or she won't be around too long.

But one downside is that all clubs in Yangon are really dark, you won't see the girl's real face and shape until you take her out, the best time to take a good look is when the fashion show comes on and lights turned on. That's when I take a good look and make my decision quickly.

But overall the quality at Emperor or else where all have gone down, the best quality in Yangon for me was about 8-10 years ago, when the scene was very simple and very relaxed, beautiful girls started to learn this trade, and girls go for 20 USD.

Vientiane as well, the girl fees have increased a lot, before the karaoke girls go for ST 30-35 USD, you do not need to buy lady drinks, can just pick and go, but now, the mamasans always want you to sit and drink and the ST rate is 50 USD, so expect to pay around 70 altogether plus room for a ST. Quality at Anou, Mekong and others all have gone down my last 2 visits. And these handful of doable ones are getting spoiled, I encountered a few that only wanted to go ST room nearby, too lazy to go back customer's hotel.

The hotel brothels like La On Daos are still running, but the quality is very bad, I really had to make serious compromises, price stay the same 40 USD include ST room. The pimps will quote you 50 or more at first.

Both Myanmar and Laos are very good sightseeing destinations, probably best in SEA, but in term of pure sex destination, they rank very low for me now. Situations have changed a lot in these 2 countries in 10 years. 10 years ago these 2 were on top of my list with many innocent cuties that will do anything you want, the good old times are forever gone. If I have to pick one for mongering now, and only have 2 choices, well, I probably have to struggle and pick Myanmar, only because in my statistics more Myanmar girls give me good BBBJ and CIM than Vientiane girls, but not by much.To RCA.

I think Yangon need to bulid more hotel to handle the increase in Tourist, they need to bulid more road and have more flight and have more tour package, there are only about one million visiter a yr if they promote this country right it can another Thailand in ten yr.

Fast Eddie 48

Terwagne
09-16-12, 16:51
Emperor wasn't crowded with customers on Tuesday and Wednesday but plenty of girls, and I quickly found a willing companion. Young, smiling and very cuddly. This looked promising and back at the Strand Hotel serious fun continued. No money was mentionned. Not shy, with a perfect body, nice skin. Both of us enjoyed a very GF time in bed. Surprising skills for an 18 yo. On Thursday a shit hotel 2 hours from Yangon with a karaoke where my Myanmar friend took a beauty to his room, but I declined. Don't expect too much and Myanmar might surprise you.

Richard Dawkins
01-28-13, 06:36
I headed to Emperor Club around 8:30 on a Friday night. Paid the 4000 Kyat entrance fee and got a free beer. I was ushered in by one of the bouncers and given a seat at the bar. I was followed from the entrance and then surrounded at the bar by a pack of girls. There must have been at least 10 of them all vying for my attention. It was a lot of fun, and never has the expression "beating them off with a stick" seemed more appropriate. I took my time before settling on one little hotty, at which point the others went off to chase other potential punters. All the girls looked very hot, although when others have said the lighting is low they weren't kidding, give you eyes plenty of time to adjust before you pick.

The girl I chose was a tiny little 19 year old called Bo Ing. She was very clingy and cuddly at the bar and after an hour or so she asked if I want to take her back to my hotel. We agreed on 40, 000 Kyat. I tried to go lower, but it seems that the previously reported standard of 30, 000 Kyat is no longer possible, I guess that's rapid inflation for you. She then disappeared off to a back room and came back a few minutes later in more regular clothing and we headed out. I tipped my waiter 1000 Kyat in return for a handful of condoms. Back at the hotel my girl remained very playful. We had a long foreplay session followed by two fucks with lots of fun in between before we were both exhausted and called it a night. Upon waking up the next morning we had another round of fun before she was happily off on her way.

I headed to JJ Club (renamed to Diamond but still called JJ by everyone). I went here later about 9:30 and things were just starting to get going. I was given a table in front of the dance floor / fashion show area. There were plenty of girls around who came by my table from time to time to try and get my attention. Decided to wait things out and give the fashion show a look before choosing anyone. Fashion show started around 10:15 and was an interesting distraction but nothing special. Eventually saw a very attractive Indian looking girl walk past and got her attention. Her name was Sonia, and she said she was living in Yangon but came from Mandalay. I had a lot of fun with her at the club, lots of hugging and kissing and a few turns on the dance floor. We headed back to my hotel about midnight and had a nice session that lasted a couple of hours. I had business the next day and so she headed out that night. Paid her 40, 000 Kyat for her time.

In general I'd say that mongering in Yangon is very easy and there seems to be a very good selection of girls to choose from. If you want things quick and simple then you certainly can't go wrong by heading to Emperor Club. Having all the girls surrounding you when you come in makes things nice and easy. If you want more of an evening out and time to choose then JJ Club is probably the better choice. Personally I think the girls on offer at Emperor were better but still plenty of nice ones at JJ too.

I spent a lot of time researching before I went there, trying to pin down the addresses of places to show to taxi drivers. That doesn't appear necessary. All the taxi drivers I met spoke a sufficient level of English that writing things down wasn't necessary, and they all confirmed to know where these places were. Make sure to agree a price with your driver before getting in. Pretty much all taxi rides cost me 3000 Kyat.

RCA Knight
01-28-13, 14:58
I spent a lot of time researching before I went there, trying to pin down the addresses of places to show to taxi drivers. That doesn't appear necessary. All the taxi drivers I met spoke a sufficient levelWhen you tell taxi driver Emperor, try to say more like Empire, they all call it Empire. Many times I said Emperor, but they did not understand, and then I said Empire, they all got it.

ConquerorVal
01-29-13, 00:40
Nice report. Planning to visit Burma later this year. It is difficult to get further information regarding the set up of the club. Due to logistic issues I will be unable to take anyone to my hotel room. Are there private rooms in the club where one can take a girl for some fun? Also, did you know of any hourly hotels nearby the place. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Kausch
01-29-13, 02:17
Nice report. Planning to visit Burma later this year. It is difficult to get further information regarding the set up of the club. Due to logistic issues I will be unable to take anyone to my hotel room. Are there private rooms in the club where one can take a girl for some fun? Also, did you know of any hourly hotels nearby the place. Any info would be greatly appreciated.FYI, found this post online (not on ISG). I added the bold face.

In the beginning it is disco music and all a bit dark. Later they have some fashion shows with more light which is necessary to check girls better. Only problem is the language: they can not say more then "I love you" in english. But performance I had 3 times was great.

Golfinho
01-29-13, 02:48
Are there private rooms in the club where one can take a girl for some fun? Also, did you know of any hourly hotels nearby the place. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Just ask the girl (or the mamasan who controls her) they will have you taxi'ed to a nearby place to have your fun. Not a problem.

ConquerorVal
01-29-13, 17:00
Thanks PK and Golfinho. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful.

Yiddo
03-23-13, 01:53
Enough already with the second-hand visa information. Just check with the consulate beforehand.

Anyone who visited Burma back when won't appreciate the changes. Dollar signs in everyone's eyes now. A new law setting the maximum rate of standard hotel room at $150, which is a good thing. If it flies in practice. For low-budget shabby people, there are shabby places which have doubled in price; for the same price you get nearly 4-star in Thailand and Philippines. Burma for novelty value only on a short visit. Rainy season is NOT the best time to go, blackouts and infrastructure not up to the weather. Number of poor girls being sold by mamasans appears unchanged, if that's your thing. Skin check close in good light, they've been raised rough and it shows. For freelance fun places, not happening. There are swarms of PRC business people and other asiatics travelling in packs now overrunning the country, on projects, etc. Whatever. Tourist influx made rooms scarce January to start of water festival. Expect same next season.Who's this Gooner golf bore.