PDA

View Full Version : Phnom Penh

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Member #3439
03-17-10, 16:07
Hey puta, if you really want yum yum go to Soi 6 in Pattaya, Thailand. Just about every bar on the soi offers yum yum action. There is one bar, (I think it is called lips, can't remember for sure), that you go into, order a beer and the minute you sit down some honey comes by, unzips your fly and gives you a taste of paradise. So be warned, if you are squeamish about getting blown in public. There used to be something like this in Phnom Penh called Sophies. But thanks to some $%#! The place was closed down. So now there is nothing like it anywhere in Cambo. But who knows, maybe some day someone will open up a copy cat. By the way, the girl's at somaly do give BBBJ. Not my cup of tea, but it available for you if you want.

Thanks, a lot of people are advising in PM that PP has no real experiential or cost benefits over Pattaya, however, I am flying on FF miles and it appears that you need to book a year in advance to fly into BKK no matter what your FF level status is.

Member #4491
03-17-10, 23:15
Try asking on the Khmer 440 forum. It's mainly PP-based expats, and some of them are really into this music too.Super! Thank you.

B

Wendella
03-18-10, 06:41
Thanks, a lot of people are advising in PM that PP has no real experiential or cost benefits over Pattaya, however, I am flying on FF miles and it appears that you need to book a year in advance to fly into BKK no matter what your FF level status is.

One word: AirAsia.com or maybe that's 2 words... does ".com" count as a word? Then that would be 3 then. But if you are in PP, you are just a few hrs away from Pattaya, as the budget jet flies. No reason to stay in PP. And I do mean, no reason.

Beno69
03-18-10, 06:51
no reason to stay in pp. and i do mean, no reason.no reason to go to cambodia for monger. maybe except for some ****phil or other brainsick people.

i don't know about bordertowns and chickenfarms. but the bars and clubs are much better in thailand. and the ladies understand their job!

Fred Gold
03-18-10, 07:14
I have flown the el cheapo airline many times. Yes, NO frills, you pay for a bottle of water, but prices (even for extra baggage) is dirt cheap.

For value *****
For service ****
For in flight comfort ****
For their personnel ****

Highly recommended. How's KUL-BALI for 72usd not bad

One word: AirAsia.com or maybe that's 2 words... does ".com" count as a word? Then that would be 3 then. But if you are in PP, you are just a few hrs away from Pattaya, as the budget jet flies. No reason to stay in PP. And I do mean, no reason.

Mik Hcmc
03-18-10, 08:24
I've been flying back and forth from Saigon to Perth (via stopovers/connecting flights) on a number of different airlines, from full fare to budget. I've been on tiger, jetstar, singapore air, msia air, thai air and most recently air asia.

Hands down, air asia wins in the budget airline class. I flew from Saigon to KL to Perth. Fantastic service, clean airplanes, very sexy and cute air hostess's.
I had brought my own water bottle but nothing was said about it (i had kept it in my bag)
Flying back from Perth to Saigon Im going on Air asia. Baggage and fare is cheaper than any other airline. Yes tiger has cheaper fares but I want to bring back 30kg's of luggage and my fishing rods. It will cost more in baggage on Tiger than Air Asia. Fishing rods are included in your baggage weight with Air Asia whereas on Tiger you have to pay extra.

Fred Gold
03-18-10, 15:50
Fly Thai Air- at least on international flights there is a size and age requirement. Once they hit 30- they're out. If they can't fit into the uniform-they are out. I don't know dress sizes, BUT their uniform is like size 1.

Without a doubt, they are a wet dream cum true!!!

I've been flying back and forth from Saigon to Perth (via stopovers/connecting flights) on a number of different airlines, from full fare to budget. I've been on tiger, jetstar, singapore air, msia air, thai air and most recently air asia.

Hands down, air asia wins in the budget airline class. I flew from Saigon to KL to Perth. Fantastic service, clean airplanes, very sexy and cute air hostess's.
I had brought my own water bottle but nothing was said about it (i had kept it in my bag)
Flying back from Perth to Saigon Im going on Air asia. Baggage and fare is cheaper than any other airline. Yes tiger has cheaper fares but I want to bring back 30kg's of luggage and my fishing rods. It will cost more in baggage on Tiger than Air Asia. Fishing rods are included in your baggage weight with Air Asia whereas on Tiger you have to pay extra.

Asianpussylover
03-19-10, 04:48
Thanks, a lot of people are advising in PM that PP has no real experiential or cost benefits over Pattaya, however, I am flying on FF miles and it appears that you need to book a year in advance to fly into BKK no matter what your FF level status is.Well here is what you should do. Fly into PP, sample the night life action and then fly to Pattaya or Bangkok on a cheap airline, (like 30-45 minutes flight). If you take the bus, the roads are now excellent but it will be an all day kind of ride and by the time you make it to Pattaya you will be too tired to shag. Trust me, you will love Pattaya. There is no comparison between PP and Pattaya. Pattaya has more ambience, bright lights, bars, gogo bars, discos street action than all of cambo. There is something for everyone there. There is an arab quarter, a Russian quarter, blow job street, soapy massages, the bdsm dens; there is more to see and do than in all of PP. You will have missed A LOT if you do not go. I shagged every night and I never looked for action away from my favorite spots. There is not enough time. Go see for yourself.

Wendella
03-19-10, 09:07
Just want to make sure people understood what I said earlier....
I didn't mean to say that Phnom Penh is a worthless destination for mongering. No. But if you have enough money and time to go instead to Pattaya, then it's a no brainer: go to Pattaya. Far far more on offer there. Same goes for Bangkok. Price difference not enough to justify the choice of PP.

PP has some places worth checking out, and some really cute girls, and many of them at quite low prices (though nothing like the old days). Just not enough of them.

I would guess there's 10s of thousands of girls very easily available in Pattaya. Same goes for Bangkok. In Phnom Penh, I think ones available to us foreigners (as tourists who are not too familiar with the place yet) is in the low hundreds.

So given the cheap flights these days, you have a choice of Pattaya/Bangkok or Phnom Penh, and I'm just saying it's an easy choice: go to Thailand.

Phil Istine
03-19-10, 09:57
Very cheap beer in Cambodia, expensive in Pattaya.

I visited Pattaya and Bangkok last year with my missus and saw very few girls prettier than her.

Guys would break their necks to get a look at my missus everywhere.

And the beer is so fucking expensive.

Carton of ancher here down to $10. 60.

Best thing about Pattaya is the golf courses.

My mate in the office here beside me says that beer can be as cheap as 45 baht in Pattaya-is this true?

Roguesta
03-19-10, 09:58
In my opinion, Phnom Penh is good for the local expat, but not so good for the visitor.

Member #3439
03-19-10, 16:48

Ahh..wow! That is cheap..my gears are turning. The flights NRT-ICN-PNH-BKK would be a bear due to a day layover in Seoul. My options are limited on these FF miles to going through ICN to reach PNH.

I was RTFF over at ISG-Seoul...I hestitate to visit that shithole. Sounds like they are too good to even service the GI's who keep Kim Jong Il out of their backyards.

Maybe I can do NRT-TPE with asia air TPE-BKK without layover, we'll see. Otherwise, see you in PP. Thanks for the advice. I am ignorant of SEA but want to learn...someplace.

Fred Gold
03-19-10, 18:04
I am sorry for forgetting this info. While dirt cheap, AirAsia is a point to point carrier. After each flight you must retrieve your luggage and then check in for your next flight, then go back thru security. That's what happened the last time I flew with them. That does make for longer connections. BUT, on the other hand, one can afford to travel.
Happy Flying and Happy Hunting

Ahh..wow! That is cheap..my gears are turning. The flights NRT-ICN-PNH-BKK would be a bear due to a day layover in Seoul. My options are limited on these FF miles to going through ICN to reach PNH.

I was RTFF over at ISG-Seoul...I hestitate to visit that shithole. Sounds like they are too good to even service the GI's who keep Kim Jong Il out of their backyards.

Maybe I can do NRT-TPE with asia air TPE-BKK without layover, we'll see. Otherwise, see you in PP. Thanks for the advice. I am ignorant of SEA but want to learn...someplace.

Betong
03-19-10, 20:19
While dirt cheap, AirAsia is a point to point carrier.That's never bothered me much. In fact it's a good excuse to jump out and spend a night wherever your first flight has taken you. (With Air Asia, that's usually KL, which can be a fairly entertaining place for a day or two.)

The biggest problem with Air Asia is that once you book and pay for your ticket, you better damn well fly on the day and flight you've booked. Trying to change it or, god forbid, cancel it, you'll pretty much lose every penny you paid. I once showed up at the airport with a ticket in my girlfriend's name that I wanted to use for myself. I was willing to pay any surcharge they wanted, but apparently that wasn't good enough. So I finally asked, 'What can I do with this ticket?' The counter guy helpfully said, 'Well, you can throw it away and buy a new one.'

That said, it's a really good airline!

Member #3439
03-19-10, 21:09

Okay, well you guys have officially talked me out of PP. So your hunting grounds are safe for now. Just kidding. :) Thanks for helping me, I was thinking to be a good boy and go do something other than lay pipe, like maybe make an excursion up to SR or something from PP. But my inner monger (well, maybe not so inner) is telling me to go and do what I love..so now I am rebooked for Singapore and will find a hop over to BKK and make the pilgrimage to Pattaya. I can't wait to see if its better than Rio. Sure will be better than Japan, where I am right now. Any more mongering here, and I will go bankrupt.

Wendella
03-20-10, 09:31
Okay, well you guys have officially talked me out of PP. So your hunting grounds are safe for now. Just kidding. :) Thanks for helping me, I was thinking to be a good boy and go do something other than lay pipe, like maybe make an excursion up to SR or something from PP. But my inner monger (well, maybe not so inner) is telling me to go and do what I love..so now I am rebooked for Singapore and will find a hop over to BKK and make the pilgrimage to Pattaya. I can't wait to see if its better than Rio. Sure will be better than Japan, where I am right now. Any more mongering here, and I will go bankrupt.

I don't remember how long you said you had for this trip. If it was long enough, you could even take one or 2 evenings in PP before jumping to Thailand, just to sample the local offerings. (my advice would be to visit: 1. Martini, 2. St 136, 3. St 104, 4. Circee Club.) When you hit the ground in Thailand, if you are keen on Pattaya then just take taxi straight there (ask in Pattaya thread for tips on that) -- I'm more a Bangkok guy myself though. If you end up going there, stay in Sukhumvit area (and check out BKK hotels thread for ideas).

Fred Gold
03-20-10, 11:17
If you're going to visit BKK for a bit, I'd recommend seeing the girl who shoots darts from her pussy and hits balloons on the wall. Incredible sight!!! RTF for BKK and I'm sure there's the 411.

Simian
03-20-10, 12:32
Hello!

I am a great fan of listening to all kind of music. On of the styles I enjoy every now and then is Cambodian Rock from the late 60s and early 70s. Artists like Ros Serey Sothea / Ros Sereysothea (the queen of Cambodian Rock imho) and Sinn Sisamouth are good examples of what I mean.

Since I will have a few days in PP in April I would be super grateful for any advice on where/if I can enjoy this kind of music somewhere in PP. Optimal would be a bar packed with females and this music on the sound system, but any place will do.

Thank you!

Barba
You could bring your own disk to a bar and ask them to play it. The bad news is that any original recordings are usually in pretty bad condition. And I have never heard a decent live performance of this music by locals in Cambodia - usually these songs are murdered at wedding parties. But all the locals in PP know this music as in they can sing along to it.

The good news is that there is a band called Dengue Fever - a bunch of LA/California musicians with a Khmer female singer with a great voice who play this music very well. You can google them but I also suggest that you get their music. They have several albums and one documentary - you will find some of their albums in the russian market and the documentary is available in the better DVD shops. There are also a couple of local bands
who play this stuff and one of them has a couple of music videos with bands all done up like the 1960s in Phnom Penh but I don't know their name.

The only place I have heard Dengue Fever in a bar is a small place owned by an American who is big into music - it is on one of the streets off the river front but they play all sorts of music and so you have to ask for it specifically - and sorry, there are no girls but you can flirt with the presentable barmaid, if she is on that night.

This bar is on one of the streets that is parallel to 108 but I cannot be sure which one. It is on the right side as you walk down the street from the river - about 20 paces or less into the street. And he has those music videos I mentioned earlier.

IMHO, this music should be played everywhere in Cambodia because it is damn fine music, including venues which have girls. But it is not played in barrang baers because they think barrang won't like it as it is Cambodian music. But as this music was influenced originally by French ballads and then by American music, it is probably the most acceptable music to the Western ear compared to anything else produced in SE Asia.

Tunang0102
03-20-10, 15:09
Hi,

I will be in Phnom Penh this July and spend one week there. As a newbie (first time newcomer to sex tourist), I just wonder whether there is any good toregiuds/tax drivers availaB. I mean those guys really know good places in Cambodia. I have posted in 'Travel Plans & Announcements' but got only one reply. I can receive PM and hope here more replies from some generous big boys.

Thanks in advance

Fast Eddie 48
03-21-10, 23:39
That's never bothered me much. In fact it's a good excuse to jump out and spend a night wherever your first flight has taken you. (With Air Asia, that's usually KL, which can be a fairly entertaining place for a day or two.)

The biggest problem with Air Asia is that once you book and pay for your ticket, you better damn well fly on the day and flight you've booked. Trying to change it or, god forbid, cancel it, you'll pretty much lose every penny you paid. I once showed up at the airport with a ticket in my girlfriend's name that I wanted to use for myself. I was willing to pay any surcharge they wanted, but apparently that wasn't good enough. So I finally asked, 'What can I do with this ticket?' The counter guy helpfully said, 'Well, you can throw it away and buy a new one.'

That said, it's a really good airline!Bentong

The last time I fly from Bangkok to PP is with air aisa 3 yr ago, they have a promotions one way is only around 70 USD no cancellation and one bag allowed, I have use air asia a few time always on time this is one of the fastest growing airline in asia have plan for flight to europe and us in the future.

But as this airline grow there are less promotions now flight and less cheap flight to be had.

Fast Eddie 48

Member #4491
03-23-10, 01:09
Thank you Simian. Think I found the bar and owner in the Khmer440 forum and will for sure pay him a visit.

I first heard Cambodian rock in Matt Dillons film City of ghosts from 2002, and Dengue Fever was one of the bands in that film. Very good band, although still not up there with Ros. And a film well worth to C.

One totally off topic thing but still something I am curious abut is a thing I hear in these songs a lot. It sounds like "srolain". Almost like the German fraulein. Got to be something related to love since it is repeated in every other song.

To Google Cambodian dictionaries is pretty useless for me in this matter, but maybe some devotee knows what the hell they are srolaining about?

B

Kniom
03-23-10, 11:12
Since yesterday Martini has been closed.

Offical reason is a missing properly document relating the business license.

Roguesta
03-23-10, 14:25
It means love.

Vmann
03-23-10, 15:26
but still something I am curious abut is a thing I hear in these songs a lot. It sounds like "srolain". Almost like the German fraulein.

BLove - the pronounciation is far more like the french "salon" not like german "Fräulein".

Randy Rooster
03-24-10, 08:07
Since yesterday Martini has been closed.There were a number of lovelies there on Monday nite. The Phnom Penh papers have carried articles in the last couple of days quoting Hun Sen to the effect that he supported a crack down on prostitution, gambling and drugs. If any of the bigwigs are caught up in his dragnet their picture will be shown on television. Not sure what is supposed to happen to those of us who are not big enough to make the evening news.

The government also accepted 91 recommendations, without comment, that the UN made on improving Human Rights. This after Hun Sen had a tizzy fit about a comment from a UN worker in Cambodia.

Tis the season for Grantsmanship. The US will rate Cambodia on what category it fits into with respect to [CodeWord908] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord908) next month. That will have a big effect on how much money the country gets from a multitude of sources. After that, hopefully, it will go back to business as usual.

RR

Wendella
03-24-10, 08:46
It's all making me wanna make sweet srolain to a fräulein in the salon, as the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

Simian
03-24-10, 15:21
Thank you Simian. Think I found the bar and owner in the Khmer440 forum and will for sure pay him a visit.

I first heard Cambodian rock in Matt Dillons film City of ghosts from 2002, and Dengue Fever was one of the bands in that film. Very good band, although still not up there with Ros. And a film well worth to C.

One totally off topic thing but still something I am curious abut is a thing I hear in these songs a lot. It sounds like "srolain". Almost like the German fraulein. Got to be something related to love since it is repeated in every other song.

To Google Cambodian dictionaries is pretty useless for me in this matter, but maybe some devotee knows what the hell they are srolaining about?

B
I think someone said that it means 'darling' but not sure if I could trust it.

The music is probably the best thing about the Matt Dillon film. IMHO, the viewing experience is far more interesting when you watch it with Dillon and the other writer's comments going at the same time.

You are probably right about the music of Ros as opposed to Dengue Fever but the problem I had with the original music of Ros and the others is that the repro quality is usually non-existent or very bad and often quite hard to listen to.

Kurt1962
03-24-10, 18:31
Since yesterday Martini has been closed.

Offical reason is a missing properly document relating the business license."Missing proper document", well I can easily imagine how these documents look like; they are of green colour, have images of US-Presidents and "in god we trust" printed on them!

Sharka
03-24-10, 23:46
My mate in the office here beside me says that beer can be as cheap as 45 baht in Pattaya-is this true?

Depends if you are referring to a beer at a gogo/beer bar =not likely //or getting a generic beer at the local store=yes

The Scout
03-25-10, 08:51
Depends if you are referring to a beer at a gogo/beer bar =not likely //or getting a generic beer at the local store=yes
Here's what I've noticed.

Some places have happy hour for 45-60 baht for a beer. Gogos often have specials, draft beer for 55-75 baht with most around 55-60 baht range. You'll see the 'welcome' girls holding signs. Draft beer is usually Chang or Tiger. I think Chang Original is what the draft is and it's 6.5%.

Go to Family Mart or 7-11 and you're getting a bottle of beer for 25-40 baht depending what you buy. You can have some drinks on the beach, walking along the beach, or even walking on walking street.

Popular Gogos don't offer drink specials, usually don't have draft, and you're paying 95+ baht for a drink of beer, hard liquor, or a non alcoholic drink.

Discos are charging 120+ baht per drink depending on what you order.

Bubba999
03-27-10, 04:33
Look on this site for Saran - he was reliable

Hi,

I will be in Phnom Penh this July and spend one week there. As a newbie (first time newcomer to sex tourist), I just wonder whether there is any good toregiuds/tax drivers availaB. I mean those guys really know good places in Cambodia. I have posted in 'Travel Plans & Announcements' but got only one reply. I can receive PM and hope here more replies from some generous big boys.

Thanks in advance

Javel
03-27-10, 18:43
My mate in the office here beside me says that beer can be as cheap as 45 baht in Pattaya-is this true?Yes, if you know where to go.

I drink at beer-bars where the price is 45 baht for San Mig, Heineken etc. The lokal beers Leo, Chang are even cheaper.

This are all day prices, and not Happy Hour only.

AlLostInSpace13
03-27-10, 23:59
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hi Tunang,
PP is not that hard to figure out. I've made 2 trips before and am planning on a 3rd trip in early July (tough choice between AC and Manila, but PP is the best), may be we'll meet up and "hunt" together.
Try not to think of yourself as a sex tourist. Cambodia is so unique you would probably go even if there's no sex, anyways.
Back to the topic. Just book yourself into the Flamigos hotel and you'll be walking distrance from several action party places. Yes, Flamigos is a bit run down and probably is about 2 star-ish, but it's got lots of action.

Al

AlLostInSpace13
03-28-10, 00:02
Look on this site for Saran - he was reliable

Yes, Saran speaks good English, but he also demands top dollars...

Wendella
03-28-10, 06:26
Yes, Saran speaks good English, but he also demands top dollars...

How much?

. . . .

Backtobasics
03-28-10, 06:56
The door locks are a bit flakey, and I'm not sure how much I would trust the room safe. A sturdy lockable bag/suitcase gets round both these issues though. The roof bar is easy to miss, but from 6pm > 7:30pm I don't think there is a better place to be in PP. Very few people use it - but if you stay there, head up to it at 6pm, and watch the sun set, the city darken, and the bats fly.

Watch out for floor '0' (zero), which is bafflingly between the ground floor and the first floor. I never got used to it - much to the amusement of anyone I took back with me, as I fumbled with the wrong door.

Rooms at the front are noisy, but rooms on the side I was on face directly on to construction on the roof next door. Deluxe rooms are probably better, but basic room is OK. But the trick is to keep the toilet paper dry in the bathroom. Use the shower, and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, Cambodia/PP is much more than a mongering destination, and you might even fall in love, like I did ...

Hi Tunang,
PP is not that hard to figure out. I've made 2 trips before and am planning on a 3rd trip in early July (tough choice between AC and Manila, but PP is the best), may be we'll meet up and "hunt" together.
Try not to think of yourself as a sex tourist. Cambodia is so unique you would probably go even if there's no sex, anyways.
Back to the topic. Just book yourself into the Flamigos hotel and you'll be walking distrance from several action party places. Yes, Flamigos is a bit run down and probably is about 2 star-ish, but it's got lots of action.

Al

Phil Istine
03-28-10, 09:31
Indeed srawlaing is the verb to love, bong srawlaing means darling.

The noun to love is snai.

The best khmer and any other music collection at at the garage bar on street 110.

It has the riverhouse on the corner and the bar is about 75 metres off the river on the right.

Look for the sign with the andy warhol banana.

Tell brunt or jeff that I sent you.

I love old and much of the new khmer pop. There are several classic songs from the last couple of years.

No hostesses at the garage, hostess bars generally play incredibly bad music much too loud.

If you need a real garage we service cars as well as buy and sell them.

House 24 street 420 at boueng trabaek.

And there is a new massage parlour about to open directly opposite with five khmer and five Chinese girls-if we ever need a service after a long, hot day in the air con office.

Phil Istine
03-28-10, 17:15
Hey how much are these locals charging.

A lot I suspect.

If you guys want advice please PM me.

Never trust a Cambodian-ever!

Roguesta
03-29-10, 01:52
I hate to say it, but never trusting a Cambodian is probably good advice.

Wendella
03-29-10, 06:44
Hey how much are these locals charging.

A lot I suspect.

If you guys want advice please PM me.

Never trust a Cambodian-ever!

I don't have the answer to your question, but not sure what you are referring to -- did you mean the driver that was mentioned?

Mart Cham
03-29-10, 15:13
True it is."Can be".
Pattaya New Plaza beer bar complex, opposite soi 7/8, a bottle of Leo Beer goes for 40-45 bahts, a bottle of Heineken for 55 bahts.
Many gogo bars have decent draught beer in a decent size glass for 60 bahts all night.

Simian
03-29-10, 15:42
Indeed srawlaing is the verb to love, bong srawlaing means darling.

The noun to love is snai.

The best khmer and any other music collection at at the garage bar on street 110.

It has the riverhouse on the corner and the bar is about 75 metres off the river on the right.

Look for the sign with the andy warhol banana.

Tell brunt or jeff that I sent you.

I love old and much of the new khmer pop. There are several classic songs from the last couple of years.

No hostesses at the garage, hostess bars generally play incredibly bad music much too loud.

If you need a real garage we service cars as well as buy and sell them.

House 24 street 420 at boueng trabaek.

And there is a new massage parlour about to open directly opposite with five khmer and five Chinese girls-if we ever need a service after a long, hot day in the air con office.
Thanks for the info, Phil.
So it is off to the Garage bar if you need your head seen to, to the real garage if you need your car seen to and to the new massage parlor if you need a lube job!

Jan 156
03-29-10, 17:35
On the other hand Walkabout is a lot better than it looks once you are staying there and if you have one of the better rooms. Even the slightly better than middle rooms are preferable to the depressing boxes of Flamingos IMHO. Of course, 99% of folk will read this, take one look at Walkabout, and run a mile. But for the more wary who suss out a good room, you are amply rewarded. ;)

Jan 156
03-29-10, 20:19
I hate to say it, but never trusting a Cambodian is probably good advice.
I know what Phil Istine means and, for most mongering type situations it is probably true, even from my experience. But strangely I found myself believing exactly the opposite when it comes to trying to find decent NGOs to support during non-mongering time (you have to be pretty hard hearted to spend long in the country without wondering what you might do to help). There is still the culture from the days of the UN in '92 everywhere, 'NGOs' lining their pockets with tourist bucks, and making a small change donation to some school or village. They have nice offices, big gas-guzzling cars, and talk with a born-again do-good smile. They often include subtle diatribes against local Khmer NGOs for unspecified questionable practices. I have seen many hard-working, honest Khmer NGOs with the sincerity of someone who picks their way past a landmine to help someone less fortunate.

And purely on a mongering level, once you get out of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, I have found moto drivers and bellboys that are kind and helpful without any attempt to rip me off over arranging an escort for the evening, and even point me towards 'decent' places with women just earning an honest living rather than anything reeking of a dodgy, indentured set-up.

The culture of lying and aggressive ripping off is produced mainly by gringos (NGOs or mongers) throwing money around willy-nilly, over-paying enormously, even giving money to beggars. It all creates a culture of laziness and greed - an attitude we, in the West, sadly feel very comfortable with. Add to that a history of (KR) men with guns who basically put people in a position of having to lie to get them to ease up a bit. So while it might be 'buyer beware', I am cautious not to put any moral spin on that against Cambodian people. Get through the defence mechanisms, and the fact that, in an unregulated, prohibition culture, mongering scenes can attract low-life scum, and many Cambodians are among the kindest people in the world.

Roguesta
03-30-10, 03:10
Don't get me wrong, I love the Cambodian people. But I know that after living here for some time, and now raising a family, that honesty is not one of their strongest traits. I'm talking about life completely outside of the mongering realm (and in the mongering realm, it's much worse). They don't like confrontation, so many times, they will tell you what you want to hear. I own a business, and when something breaks, I can never get one of them to admit to it even if I see them do it.

There is a culture of lying that is expected amongst the Cambodians. Even the prime minister's birth certificate is a lie. He paid to have his birthdate changed so that he could join the Khmer Rouge. My wife's birth certificate, same story, but this time so that she could start working earlier. You can have any official document changed to suit your needs...for a price. Almost every product you see is counterfeit. Calvin Klein is not Calvin Klein; Rolex is not Rolex. I guess my point is to not blindly believe everything you see or hear whilst in Cambodia

Jan 156
03-30-10, 04:13
I can't argue with what Roguesta said. I'd even second it: if I need something done in a business-like way, on time, correctly, I admit I automatically start looking to see if the business is run by a Chinese or Vietnamese person - which I instinctively feel improves my odds over dealing with a Khmer. I think there's a level of sincerity that goes beyond verbal honesty and business reliability though, and it only comes out when Cambodians don't feel threatened, browbeaten, put in a spot, ridiculed etc etc. On a business level it sadly doesn't appear 'on demand.' I've noticed more Khmer NGO types do a decent job than foreigners, but only in that narrow capacity - cos they are better equipped to give a damn. (I'm not disagreeing with you, just hopefully clarifying what I said.) Whatever the levels of verbal honesty, it also strikes me that in general I (personally) tend to have sex more readily with Khmers than other SE Asians if I'm in Cambodia. But of course, as with everything, it comes down to the person.

Wendella
03-30-10, 07:18
The culture of lying and aggressive ripping off is produced mainly by gringos (NGOs or mongers) throwing money around willy-nilly, over-paying enormously, even giving money to beggars. It all creates a culture of laziness and greed - an attitude we, in the West, sadly feel very comfortable with. Add to that a history of (KR) men with guns who basically put people in a position of having to lie to get them to ease up a bit. So while it might be 'buyer beware', I am cautious not to put any moral spin on that against Cambodian people. Get through the defence mechanisms, and the fact that, in an unregulated, prohibition culture, mongering scenes can attract low-life scum, and many Cambodians are among the kindest people in the world.

(Here we go again!) I've seen this same cutthroat ripoff attitude in lots of places, most of which don't have many NGO's or mongers. I'd say it's more a 3rd world phenomenon. Only way to prevent it would be North Korean way: not allow tourists. If ya get someone showing up who has thousands of dollars to spend in their pocket, it's human nature you're gonna do what you can to extract some. The West? You think they don't do it to Japanese or Chinese? Anyway, maybe I'm misunderstanding your point. In that case, never mind. Maybe looking to blame someone is the problem. I can understand totally why they'd do it, I'd do the same if I was them. Make some money. Feed your family. It's normal. Annoying, yeah. But to be expected. I think it's more about what happens when people with extra money come into contact with people who dont' have nearly enough of it. Don't think it's anything unique to "the west" - -and if you think about it, being "western" is irrelevant -- its about how much money someone has, or doesn't.

Wendella
03-30-10, 11:11
Whatever the levels of verbal honesty, it also strikes me that in general I (personally) tend to have sex more readily with Khmers than other SE Asians if I'm in Cambodia. But of course, as with everything, it comes down to the person.

Agree totally with this part! When in Cambodia, I much prefer going with a Khmer girl. If there was a stunning Vietnamese girl I might take her, but that would definitely be a negative for me. I might be a special case tho since I live in VN and am looking for a change of pace when I go to other countries, not yet more VN girls. If in Thailand, I'm just as happy to have a Thai, Lao or Burmese girl, doesn't matter. Actually Lao or Burmese might be a bit more appealing just cuz they're something a bit different.

Gaudente
03-31-10, 12:24
Of course, 99% of folk will read this, take one look at Walkabout, and run a mile.
There's no need to run a mile, I just crossed the road and checked into Flamingo

Simian
03-31-10, 15:15
I know what Phil Istine means and, for most mongering type situations it is probably true, even from my experience. But strangely I found myself believing exactly the opposite when it comes to trying to find decent NGOs to support during non-mongering time (you have to be pretty hard hearted to spend long in the country without wondering what you might do to help). There is still the culture from the days of the UN in '92 everywhere, 'NGOs' lining their pockets with tourist bucks, and making a small change donation to some school or village. They have nice offices, big gas-guzzling cars, and talk with a born-again do-good smile. They often include subtle diatribes against local Khmer NGOs for unspecified questionable practices. I have seen many hard-working, honest Khmer NGOs with the sincerity of someone who picks their way past a landmine to help someone less fortunate.

And purely on a mongering level, once you get out of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, I have found moto drivers and bellboys that are kind and helpful without any attempt to rip me off over arranging an escort for the evening, and even point me towards 'decent' places with women just earning an honest living rather than anything reeking of a dodgy, indentured set-up.

I qualify my statement by saying that I have no time for a certain kind of NGO that either tries to push their (usually) Christian religion on desperately needy folks or inject their kind of morality on our hobby. That said, there are more than a few who do not fall into that category - trying to help locals in the countryside set up businesses, for instance. THere is not a part of the health system which does not have NGOs and others trying to fill the gaps.

That said, there are the large donors (World Bank, WHO) who are inclined to spend spend spend and then complain that the locals pocket a small cut. Not surprised given the salaries paid to the expat experts!

As I understand it, the big problem on the Khmer side is the cut that the officials take. But as long as they are on very low salaries, who can blame them?

Yes, in the main centers you are bound to get the kind of guys who will rip you off, send you to places where there are ladies and where they get a commission and so on. But I agree with Christopherd that once you get beyond that and they realize that you are not some dumbass trying to tell everyone how to live or throwing money all over the place, they will accept you as another human being. It is easier to do that once you get out of the main centers of tourism.

Jan 156
03-31-10, 17:21
there's no need to run a mile, i just crossed the road and checked into flamingo
haha;)
yeah, even i don't run. but i do generally arrive in places with just a backpack (which converts to more respectable-looking hand-luggage if i need to look more posh!) that way i can have a look at the rooms on offer, see if they smell and so on. when i stayed at walkabout, i had looked at about four places, including flamingos. if they only have dumptruck smellholes, you're better going somewhere else.

the only reason i'd book in advance in a town like this and with many empty rooms in more or less adjoining hotels is to book a specific room. the classy rooftop rooms at walkabout are in short number. the mid range are tolerable given the other pros and cons. the smellholes are pretty vile. i only saw three rooms at flamingos, didn't like any of them. but i think the ambience there maybe appeals more to the 'hotel' mindset compared to the 'backpack' mindset.

running is generally not a preferred sport in pp unless you are being chased. walking at a steady speed and direction is much safer - traffic will generally make a reasonable effort to drive round rather than hitting you. ;) :) if in doubt - or pants-pissing panic - get a tuktuk or moto to cross a busy road. because i feel it would be inconsiderate of me to leave body-parts rep001tered across the highway for ngos or scavengers to collect, i have done this myself on one or two occasions.

but between flamingos and walkabout is just normal dirtmuck side-road. so you can jaywalk - or paddle if it's raining - with no more than the normal 360 vision and a 'no thank-you-i-don't-want-whatever-it-is-you're-selling' wave. :)

unless it's a tuktuk to take you from bus-terminal row to the more refined tourist hotels the far side of the main road of course. ;)

Dinghy
03-31-10, 18:18
Flamingo has a LIFT - WA is all "walk-up" (or rather "climb up") 2 flights of stairs

Himbersaft
03-31-10, 18:43
Walkabout by Rain,

Nice game on the Street.

Jan 156
03-31-10, 18:53
Flamingo has a LIFT - WA is all "walk-up" (or rather "climb up") 2 flights of stairs

Ah yes . . . The American physique . . . :( ;) ;)

Simian
04-01-10, 07:00
Walkabout by Rain,

Nice game on the Street.

Adds a whole new meaning to get them while they are wet! Only afterwards did I realize that I was looking at Walkabout. Until then I thought you were getting your rocks off looking at photos of rainy streets! Well, there is room for everyone, I suppose.

Jan 156
04-01-10, 08:25
Adds a whole new meaning to get them while they are wet! Only afterwards did I realize that I was looking at Walkabout. Until then I thought you were getting your rocks off looking at photos of rainy streets! Well, there is room for everyone, I suppose.

Pretty good photos actually. When it rains it rains good. I tend to travel with some lightweight waterproofs, but as you can see it comes past the ankles at some points. Tuktuks sprout plastic windows which helps (at least if you can get one). :)

Wendella
04-01-10, 10:20
Walkabout by Rain,

Nice game on the Street.

Once when I was staying at a hotel near the river, I looked down off my balcony to see motorbikes and bicycles being pushed through water that was as high as the seat (Oct 2001) right down on the street below.

Gaudente
04-01-10, 10:35
I have always wondered how many drunk guys died mountaineering from and to their WA rooms.

Himbersaft
04-01-10, 17:28
OK, here some Pics with wet Khmer Girls.

Muzungufotsy
04-01-10, 22:08
Nice girl mate! Where did you find her?

Please post some more!

Dars Veider
04-03-10, 14:46
Hotel in PP:

Stayed at Flamingos: 25$ per night standard room with AC, TV and fridge, including breakfast (1 meal, 1 drink coffee or tea), free airport pick-up: very friendly staff, totally GF (but they have a new (?) regulation: on entering all girls have to fill/sign a "form" and leave their ID at reception for copying. And the girl has to sign it with her thumb print – there is also now a copy of an official document dated March 24, 2010 in the elevator and each room attached to the wall, saying that this hotel is "not engaging in any illegal stuff" (my rough interpretation). So what?)

Location: just around the corner is Walkabout and Heart of Darkness; Sharky is a 15 minutes walk

Walkabout Bar:

Only a few freelancers – nothing to write home about: was quoted 20 $ ST, could only bargain down to 15$

Draft beer is 1, 25$

Sharky:

Lots of freelancers (was there always after 8pm) – ST 15$

Draft beer 1, 5 $

Moto Sharky-Flamingos 2 people 1$

Tourist stuff to kill time (for those who have been to all the PP temples already):

Oudong Tour (40 km outside of PP): Tuk-Tuk 15 $. Takes 4-5h (incl. 1, 5 h looking around)

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Policarpa
04-04-10, 02:56
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time monger here in PP. Here's a (clothed) pic of Tia. Picked her up at Sharky's. We agreed on $30 LT and I gave her a few extra bucks cause she was nice. If you think that's too much you may be right, but as I said she was my first pick-up and my negotiation skills need sharpening. I will do better/cheaper tonight.

Backtobasics
04-04-10, 09:00
Gosh. Thanks for the update about the new system. I have a feeling that the free and easy days in PP are nearing their end.

Before, the sign in the Flamingo rooms saying something like 'Don't film pornography here' was the limit of their 'restrictions'.

There was usually a "lady come down. OK" phone from reception call when the gal left the room, but a couple of times it didn't happen.

I have a horrible feeling that Flamingo won't be able to be what it is for much longer.

Hotel in PP:

Stayed at Flamingos: 25$ per night standard room with AC, TV and fridge, including breakfast (1 meal, 1 drink coffee or tea), free airport pick-up: very friendly staff, totally GF (but they have a new (?) regulation: on entering all girls have to fill/sign a "form" and leave their ID at reception for copying. And the girl has to sign it with her thumb print – there is also now a copy of an official document dated March 24, 2010 in the elevator and each room attached to the wall, saying that this hotel is "not engaging in any illegal stuff" (my rough interpretation). So what?)

Location: just around the corner is Walkabout and Heart of Darkness; Sharky is a 15 minutes walk

Walkabout Bar:

Only a few freelancers – nothing to write home about: was quoted 20 $ ST, could only bargain down to 15$

Draft beer is 1, 25$

Sharky:

Lots of freelancers (was there always after 8pm) – ST 15$

Draft beer 1, 5 $

Moto Sharky-Flamingos 2 people 1$

Tourist stuff to kill time (for those who have been to all the PP temples already):

Oudong Tour (40 km outside of PP): Tuk-Tuk 15 $. Takes 4-5h (incl. 1, 5 h looking around)

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Nik Nok
04-04-10, 12:13
Does anybody know if Martinis is still closed?

Camboblowshooter
04-04-10, 12:18
H. E., who is now in Hua Hin attending the Asia summit, has some time ago ordered a new crackdown on the 'entertainment industry', result was that Martini pub was shut down for about 3 weeks (opended again yesterdayevening April 3), Sharky bar could since mid this week play no more music (was again playing loud yesterday), but, much worse, most of the massage parlours I know (and that are quite a few) are ALL closed down. Completely.

Almost all so called 'hoarhouses' have been closed down, most of which catered for the locals. In Sihanoukville, same widespread crackdown on 'taxi girls' and the entertainment industry in general. Girls in so called legitmate 'bars' are terrified for police raids about to happen, being arrested and then 're-educated' by the police.

A mayor knockdown going on now for about a month that did irreputable damage for the occasional monger who only has a few weeks a year to enjoy his holiday.

All of this actually started way back in 2008 with the closure of Sophei club and Mikado.

BTW, Le Cyrcee was open last night but Somaly was closed. To me Somaly is pure shit (a few weeks ago demanded a 7 dollar bar fine and 25 dollar short time to take the girl out, as I refused to use their next door dirty rooms), just declined and walked out, straight into Le Cyrcee, in this no-nonsense bar you get the professional service you are expecting, price now for the girl is 20 bucks, 5 bucks for the room or 'salon' but only known customers are allowed to use them. Both clubs to be found junction street 136/49, very close to junction 136/Norodom.

Let me waist a word on Flamingo Hotel. I can not comprehend why ANYBODY choses voluntarely to stay in this shithole. You want to stay close to this area? Several good options, let me give you two, same street as Flamingos, walk up to riverside, when you start reaching the T-junction, 100 meters before Hotel Superstar, safe, clean and friendly, airco rooms and fridge for dollar 15. Walk out the door of Walkabout, turn into street 174 right, after 100 meters guesthouse Ponleudara 174/65, rooms with fan 5 dollars, airco rooms 10 dollars, no fridge. Girls Friendly? Yes, almost ALL hotels in PP are, almost all. Not all. But 99 percent are.

Having said all this, if you know your way a little bit you can still easily get laid in PP, prices remain almost everywhere the same for the freelancers, 10/15 bucks for short time, 20/30 bucks for long time. A bargain.

Up to yhou to decide whether you want to take your holiday in the Penh, or Pattaya or Angelis, no matter the fact I live here, If I only had a few weeks holiday a year I would never ever come here and go straigt for Pattaya or Angelis.

Up to you.

LuvDaPuss
04-05-10, 01:11
What blowshooter says looks to be true. I called down to the front desk yesterday wanting a massage girl. In true Cambodian fashion the guy said he would make a call and get back to me. An hour later I called again and got the same response. 20 minutes later I went to the front desk and asked what up, I was shown a 2 page official edict in both English and Cambo that restricts even a massage girl from going into the room but must stay out in the public area of the hotel.
What is with these people? Are they trying to choke off what little income they have? Like almost everything else in this country I doubt I will ever understand their thinking.
On the same line I did get a good lay yesterday from an unlabeled brothel. After being had in SR I took a little different approach. The tuk tuk driver, papasan and girl were in the same room with me when we agreed on price for the whole thing at $30. I made each of them confirm that this was the whole amount and no more would be needed. The girl especially tried to leave the conversation but I made her say it was the deal before we started fooling around. If you don't do this they will hit you for another tip after the fun. So will the tuk tuk driver. Even with that she tried to get an extra tip from me but it was half hearted as she knew her game was over before it began.
After that I went back to the hotel and sat at the bar just talking with a couple of the girls. These 2 are more like waitresses and don't really seem to be bargirls, at least to my impression. After a couple beers I asked them if they wanted to show me around and they both agreed. Since I was well drained and these 2 were in their early twenties [younger than my kids] I just let them take me to the museum and a local Wat. We then went FCC to for dinner and drinks. They would only drink orange juice since they are in college. So adorable and cute. We got back to the hotel early and thanked me several times and we all left happy.

Evianist
04-05-10, 09:28
I suspect much of it has to do with all the barang money flowing into Siem Reap, and all of it from legitimate tourists who are put off by the sex industry.

The goal is likely to emulate that formula in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, and turn the entire country into yuppie exotic holiday paradise.

But without an Angkor in these places, I think they're going to be very disappointed by the results.

Nerdynomad
04-05-10, 15:44
I read somewhere else recently that the latest crackdown was somehow related to funding that comes from the US which is up for review soon, the reasoning behind it then is to ensure that they continue to get the money. The other explanation is of course that they are just cleaning the place up.

Either way you can't blame them, its mostly targeted at khmer places with minimal effect or barang set ups which doesn't bother me as shitholes like Martini or Walkabout don't appeal.

Phil Istine
04-07-10, 07:43
Dont agree with the anti mikado/somaly rant.

Room and girl only $20,so called dirty rooms are still great.

I have negotiated in khmer on the last two occasions and got exectly what I wanted-couldn't be better.

Chi Chi
04-07-10, 11:40
Hi. Just wanna find out if Luxury World Hotel is still operating it's massage service?

Thanks in advance

Worltravel
04-07-10, 14:35
Last night I went to Martini and found old girlfriend went back to Flamingo Hotel and the did not let her inside beacouse no ID, she was whith me here for some months ago, same as in Thailand now.

Its difficult I hear to get a ID and cost alot of money if you want it fast, someone told me 200 USD?!

Policarpa
04-07-10, 17:18
That's a definite no, it is not open.

I drove by with a local the other day who asked the doorman.

Benjamin Be
04-07-10, 20:40

I have negotiated in khmer on the last two occasions and got exectly what I wanted-couldn't be better.Fully agree with you, I went there three times from last trip, 40 for 2 girls plus 3 for a drink plus tips. Everytime I left with big smile on my face. Girls are not best looking around 4-7/10, but attitude and willingness are 9/10, they were willing to do anything for you, even once I didn't need to change condom in between after complaining it too tight to pull out.

So sad it closed down.

Shadow6491
04-07-10, 23:23

I have negotiated in khmer on the last two occasions and got exectly what I wanted-couldn't be better.

Well I sort of agree. I think that a lot of the girls are a little on the large side. I have only been with a about 4 girls in this bar because of that reason.

As far as price and services and rooms in the hotel next door I agree completely.

For others out there dont worry you dont have to speak Khmer to negotiate the exact same rate and services in english.

Chi Chi
04-08-10, 12:40
That's a definite no, it is not open.

I drove by with a local the other day who asked the doorman.

That's ashame. Was looking forward to going back there since I had a great time last year. Is it just closed down or moved somewhere perhaps?

Any other place like it or similar. Cheers.

Phil Istine
04-08-10, 14:48
ID would of course cost $200.

A drivers licence costs $150.

Kamking1
04-09-10, 00:02
I recently stayed in Flamingos Hotel for 2 nights. There is construction work going on next door. So, sleeping in the morning is difficult. Be careful about the hotel bills, they tried to charge me $6 for food and $2 for a bottle of water which I did have. I firmly said no and they ultimately backed off.

So, if you decide to stay in this place, ask the bellboy to check the minibar when you check in and tell the front desk girl that you will pay all food bills by cash at the time of consumption.

Wendella
04-09-10, 06:54
That's ashame. Was looking forward to going back there since I had a great time last year. Is it just closed down or moved somewhere perhaps?

Any other place like it or similar. Cheers.

I was there in Feb and it was open then, the fishbowl full of girls. If it's closed now, it's because there's a crackdown on these places at the moment. These things tend to pass, just give it time. (tho maybe you don't have time)

Betong
04-09-10, 07:13
So, if you decide to stay in this place, ask the bellboy to check the minibar when you check inOr better yet just have them empty it out, then fill it with your own stuff.

Phil Istine
04-10-10, 11:18
Went to banana bar last night with a mate, hadn't been there for a couple of years.

Forgot where it was and my mate was too drunk to find it, despite having a Gf there.

We paid a moto a dollar and we were led there from the riverside, it is actually on 136 the other side of norodom.

There were several doable girls there including my mates GF.

Had to go outside to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) twice because there were girls in the toilet, many people sleep on the sidewalk in that area, watched them as I pissed against a tree-gott a love phnom penh.

Bad news howvever-mikado closed.

Was planning a mission there as the missus has gone bush for the holidays-bugger bugger bugger.

Chi Chi
04-10-10, 14:59
I was there in Feb and it was open then, the fishbowl full of girls. If it's closed now, it's because there's a crackdown on these places at the moment. These things tend to pass, just give it time. (tho maybe you don't have time)

Hopefully it'll re-open soon. I know it used to be near a school/university before it moved to luxury......perhaps it'll move again.

Probably will divert from PP to some other city for some action instead. Thanks Wendella.

Randy Rooster
04-10-10, 15:50
I recently stayed in Flamingos Hotel for 2 nights. There is construction work going on next door. So, sleeping in the morning is difficult. Be careful about the hotel bills, they tried to charge me $6 for food and $2 for a bottle of water which I did have. I firmly said no and they ultimately backed off.Just back in Bangkok after 3 weeks at the Flamingo and the construction is a bit of a pain. After a noisy morning I went down and told Bama that I needed a quieter room and I got moved into a corner room without any problem.

When checking out he asked me if I had used anything out of the refrigerator and I said no and my bill was processed accordingly.

I have stayed there for a few years and most of the staff remember and are glad to see me when I come back and maybe that helps, but I have always been very happy with the people and the service.

It is not the fanciest place in town but for $25 per night and a funky breakfast thrown in as well and they pick you up at the airport free of charge, it does what I need.

RR

Wendella
04-11-10, 05:16
It is not the fanciest place in town but for $25 per night and a funky breakfast thrown in as well and they pick you up at the airport free of charge, it does what I need.

RR

What do you mean by "funky"? I tried Flamingo a few times in recent years, and if I remember right, my feeling about the breakfast was more like "Uh, THAT is breakfast ?" Unless they improved it drastically since then, it's a pretty subpar breakfast.

On my last visit I switched back to a hotel I used to use in early 00s, Dara Reang Sey on street 118 (corner of 13) -- $15 a nite for simple room, just 2 short blocks from the riverfront -- and I can't recommend their breakfast either (esp now they charge way more for it), but if you walk straight to the river on 118, on the rightside corner as you face the river was a place that had a very nice $2.75 breakfast with eggs, potatoes, bacon and choice of croissant (which was top notch) or bread with butter and jam... and coffee or tea. Found that on my 2nd day, and also tried around in the vicinity at other places including the Kiwi bakery nearby (so-so) and also the all you can eat breakfast buffet on the opposite (left side) corner -- that was NASTY. Everything was bad. Seems like a great deal at first, $3 all you can eat, but then when you see what you get to eat it all makes sense. No bacon or sausage or any meat, would need to pay extra for those. Eggs only done the way it's most convenient for them (yolks broken and the eggs cooked way too long in grease), some undelicious-looking day-old-looking pastries, "juice" that was obviously powder mix and water (orange or lemon). The weird thing was that this place was always busy at breakfast, when the place next to it had food that was so much better, and CHEAPER, seemed less busy.

I bought into the idea of staying at Flamingo and being in that area, but truth is that the heart of the action it's supposedly in isn't worth being near these days: Walkabout (horrific ratio, hotties rare), Heart of Darkness (too crowded and difficult), Shanghai (blueballing ladydrink divas). I find those places to be pretty lame in comparison to other spots (Sts 104 and 136, Martini). Funny, why isn't anyone talking about staying near the 104/136 action?

So as someone who's stayed there, I have to say I don't get the rationale for choosing to stay at Flamingo. My dream hotel would be one in walking distance to the riverfront (for choices of food, the 104/136 bars) that was GF and had a pool I could hang out in daytime. Just in case anyone over there is looking for a good business idea. ;)

Randy Rooster
04-11-10, 10:32
What do you mean by "funky"? I tried Flamingo a few times in recent years, and if I remember right, my feeling about the breakfast was more like "Uh, THAT is breakfast ?" Unless they improved it drastically since then, it's a pretty subpar breakfast.I have the fruit plate with a couple of cups of coffee and then go down to St 118 on the river. the place on the right if you face the river has a fantastic Super Crepe for I believe $3.50 that is all you can eat. Ham, cheese and mushrooms wrapped up in a delicious crepe. Add an iced white coffee and it is a delightful way to start the day.

There are cheaper but not better.

RR

GoodEnough
04-18-10, 11:52
I flew into PP last night and will be here for about a week. If anyone's around and wants to grab a beer or two, please let me know.

GE

Betong
04-18-10, 15:09
Unless they improved it drastically since then, it's a pretty subpar breakfast.It's dreadful. Open Wine is still my favorite breakfast. Several fancy hotels like Le Royal do nice ones, though of course expensive. FCCC is OK -- good coffee and nice atmosphere. If coffee and cakes are all you need, then Fresco.

I bought into the idea of staying at Flamingo and being in that area, but truth is that the heart of the action it's supposedly in isn't worth being near these daysNo, it really isn't, though to be fair it's a good central location, within ten or 15 minutes of most anywhere of interest. I alternate between staying right near the Central Market or else up on 104, which is still my favorite street in PP.

Wendella
04-18-10, 16:17
I have the fruit plate with a couple of cups of coffee and then go down to St 118 on the river. the place on the right if you face the river has a fantastic Super Crepe for I believe $3.50 that is all you can eat. Ham, cheese and mushrooms wrapped up in a delicious crepe. Add an iced white coffee and it is a delightful way to start the day.

There are cheaper but not better.

RR

Yeah I think that's the same place I was talking about. Didn't try the crepe -- good call -- next time for sure. Thanks. I love good crepes.

Wendella
04-18-10, 16:27
It's dreadful. Open Wine is still my favorite breakfast.

Hope that's name of a restaurant, and not that you like to wake up and take a swig of the open wine bottle from the night before. Mmmm, warm red wine in the morning. ;)

Yeh I thought Flamingo was central but there was always the problem of having to go far away any time I was hungry, kind of a pain. I like to stay in walking distance of where there's a bunch of decent restaurants. Wallk out of the hotel, walk around to find a place, eat something, then head off to where I'm going for the evening. But this is me cuz I'm not familiar with which restaurants are good in PP, so my way to find one is to walk around looking at one menu, another, etc. Or evenv if I look it up in one of the little books they hand out, you just have a blurb to go by. Show up and it might not look as interesting as it did in the book, and if its' not near other places, you're stuck there. So this stops me going to places that are off on their own somewhere. Makes Plan B much harder.

GoodEnough
04-18-10, 19:25
I'm in PP now staying at the Bougainvillier on Sisowath Quai. The breakfast, which is plentiful and very good is included in the room, but I usually wake up too late to take advantage of it. There's a restaurant called Riverside just up the street that does a great breakfast but it's all a la carte.

Bule2004
04-19-10, 01:06
Has anyone tried Herb's Pizza in PP? :)

Yes! The Happy Pizzas are great. You can ask for extra happy also.

Bule2004

Wendella
04-19-10, 05:13
Thanks, Bule! :) I want to find a nice hotel near there, too. Can you please recommend? Also, are there bars nearby? I might want to share my pizza with some busty Khmer and take her back to the hotel for dessert!. Thanks!

Don't remember exactly where Herb's pizza is, know it's on the riverfront, but St 136 is fairly close by and has lots of the kinds of bars you're after. Candyland was the one with by far the most girls when I was there in Feb. Also in the vicinity is DV8, forget which street. Just one bar there, and in general the offerings over at St 136 are better mainly cuz there's so many more girls in all those bars. St 104 is more of walk up the riverfront, a bit further, but also worth a visit. Again, many bars, just like on 136.

Phil Istine
04-19-10, 12:45
Forget flamingo, the walkabou is a shadow of its former self.

Hotels near riverside much better value.

Happy herb is and other happy pizzas down near 178, just north of FCC.

Busy area but full of tuks and vendors.

St 148 has dv8 but not much else, riverside bistro on one corner and metro on the other.

The hotel there is a bit pricey but not bad, can't remember the name-has a pool.

Street 136 has candy bar which has good pizza but not happy.

Enough girls to make one happy though and many other bars on the street.

104 the other bar street, just north is Cali 2.

Good accomodation and a very sociable bar with lots of locals men and women.

Jan 156
04-19-10, 17:23
Rather a gap in the international mongering scene. Even if one were to include such drug-friendly places as The Netherlands. Oh for a perfect world where responsible, consenting adults can, without doing any harm to anyone else, enjoy some drugs of choice (weed, coke and even E or alcohol all have their place) and fuck to their heart's content. :)

Samu Ray
04-19-10, 18:12
...any news on svay pack?

Shadow6491
04-20-10, 02:00
...any news on svay pack?

Yes go there and you will end up in jail or in a police cell after being set up and being asked for lots of money to get out.

GoodEnough
04-20-10, 04:51
I just changed from the Bougainvillier Hotel to the Amanjaya Pancam Hotel which is just next door. It's a suite hotel with all rooms overlooking the river from small balconies. The amenities, including the furnishings are beautiful. The room is quiet, relaxing, and has free wireless Internet. All in all, this is a gorgeous place and, while not for the budget minded, for those here to relax and unwind, it's an excellent choice. It's also about a two minute walk from the Riverside Cafe, DV8 and Metro.

GE

Wendella
04-20-10, 06:10
Yes go there and you will end up in jail or in a police cell after being set up and being asked for lots of money to get out.

Though it's not exactly what I'd call news.... ;)

Phil Istine
04-21-10, 08:01
Rather a gap in the international mongering scene. Even if one were to include such drug-friendly places as The Netherlands. Oh for a perfect world where responsible, consenting adults can, without doing any harm to anyone else, enjoy some drugs of choice (weed, coke and even E or alcohol all have their place) and fuck to their heart's content. :)I rather think that is why we live in cambodia, almost perfect for all of the above.

Randy Rooster
04-21-10, 23:43
Yes! The Happy Pizzas are great. You can ask for extra happy also.

Bule2004A couple of years ago I stopped in one the the Happy Pizzas and ordered a small one. It went down just fine and I waited for something to happen. If it did it was very minor.

Went back a couple of days later and told the guy that I had been there before and it was a bust so could he please make sure there was some Happy in the pizza. He brought it out and I washed it down with a beer and it tasted fine.

I started walking up to the FCC and found that my feet were not cooperating. My eyes were not working very well either. I made it up the steps and sat on the balcony for about three hours before I felt I could navigate again.

I would juggest being careful of asking for Extra Happy.

RR

Asianpussylover
04-22-10, 01:31
...any news on svay pack?Yeah, there was some action back in december. I posted an article that i found online about some daring yanks that went there. Go back through the threads and you will find it. Unless you have your own transportation it will be extremely difficult for you to get transportation to the pak. Taxis and motos are avoiding the place. And even if you go, you are taking a chance that is not worth the while. Do some research. Their is a neighboring country where NGOs aren't allowed. This place has a replica of svay pak just in case you miss the fun, or missed out on all the action and want to re-live it all. I am sure you will find this place.

I read some of the posts about Flamingos. I went there to avoid the walkabout and found it to be a pleasant experience. That was back in November of '09. The rooms were clean, food ok, and not far away from the action. What I did not like was the creepy barang with the cell phone and a suspicious look. Every time i turned around this $#@! was there.

Asianpussylover
04-22-10, 01:38
Has anyone tried Herb's Pizza in PP? :)Happy pizza's are a hit and miss proposition. I went to a fancy restaurant that had a happy pizza on the menu. I ate some and was buzzed as if i had drank like 5-6 beers. Then i went to a herb pizza place. I ordered an extra happy pizza and though i could smell the herb, i did not get a buzz. So there is a hint for you.

Good luck hunting.

Hnutle
04-22-10, 17:14
...any news on svay pack?What is Svay Pak and where?

Betong
04-23-10, 14:47
What is Svay Pak and where?A brothel area of special interest to NGOs (you aren't one of those are you, first post and all?). It's in Svay Pak.

Yiddo
04-24-10, 18:58
svay pak was formerly a vietnamese brothel area 11km up the tonle sap river from central pp (hence also known as km11). it was notorious for **** (way ****) business. it was closed down 5-6 years ago (mostly due to ngo pressure) and as far as i know has never opened since. in fact there is now a big church and christian centre there. you can't get laid there anymore, but you can get religion! (it is also said that you are likely to get arrested just for going there).

Hnutle
04-25-10, 10:22
A brothel area of special interest to NGOs (you aren't one of those are you, first post and all?). It's in Svay Pak.Don't get suspicious, and what do you mean by and all?

I'm just asking a question, and I am a regular Phnom Penh visitor.

I'm too old to be a fucking NGO.

ClarKent
04-30-10, 11:54
So are all of the PP massage places etc really shut down? LX World etc? Headed back in June.

Wendella
05-01-10, 08:31
Don't get suspicious, and what do you mean by and all?

I'm just asking a question, and I am a regular Phnom Penh visitor.

I'm too old to be a fucking NGO.

Don't take it personally - paranoia levels high in this thread.

The place you asked about was a pretty nasty scene in its day and supposedly has ceased to exist (a few yrs back), which would be a good thing.

Any questions about PP as it exists today?

Wendella
05-01-10, 08:32
So are all of the PP massage places etc really shut down? LX World etc? Headed back in June.

Dunno, last I heard it was closed. I'm outside Cambodia now.

Idea: find their website and email them...? (that's if you don't hear back from anyone on the ground in PP)

Hnutle
05-02-10, 10:19
Don't take it personally - paranoia levels high in this thread.

The place you asked about was a pretty nasty scene in its day and supposedly has ceased to exist (a few yrs back), which would be a good thing.

Any questions about PP as it exists today?The best time I had was outside PP when I went with my tuktukdriver along the river where you have some restaurants where mongering is also possible. Had a real cutie for 20 dollars and next day she came to my hotel in the city. No foreigners on these boats but a lot of girls from the small villages. Best kept secret but I don't know if it still exists. It was along road nr. 1 go left at the petrol station. So do you know or anybody else if they still are there?

Roguesta
05-03-10, 02:24
You overpaid. But this is the price that they'll usually get from first-time barangs. The real price is $10 for the girl, and $3 for the room. Just convince the that you've been there before, and that this is what you always pay.

Hnutle
05-04-10, 06:15
You overpaid. But this is the price that they'll usually get from first-time barangs. The real price is $10 for the girl, and $3 for the room. Just convince the that you've been there before, and that this is what you always pay.Ok I might have overpaid but it was real quality and every penny worth while!

Roguesta
05-05-10, 08:35
Well, that's what counts. And I didn't mean to imply that you were a fool for paying that much. Like I said, if they think you haven't been there before, they won't budge from that $20 price.

Bule2004
05-07-10, 10:01
my advice would be to visit: 1. Martini, 2. St 136, 3. St 104, 4. Circee Club.

Is the Circee Club still one of the "must see" places? I just arrived in PP, and all the Google info is from 2008 or earlier.

Bule2004

Himbersaft
05-07-10, 17:51
@Bulle 2004

My must see Places for PP:

1. Martini Disco
2. Heard of Darkness Disco
3. Street 136 some Bars
4. Street 104 some Bars
5. Sharky`s Bar
6. Cyrcee Club
7. Walkabout Hotel / Bar

All Places not so far, in 3 Nights you can visit all. All Places still in operation.

Wendella
05-08-10, 08:51
Is the Circee Club still one of the "must see" places? I just arrived in PP, and all the Google info is from 2008 or earlier.

Bule2004

Circee honestly is borderline for me. Had one beer the couple times I was there and did not partake of the merchandise.

Looking at Himbersaft's list, I was there in Feb at high season, and Heart of Darkness doesn't make my list (just too crowded and too slim pickings and low quality of WG's) nor does Walkabout (great place to meet fellow 55 yr old sex tourists, not esp good for finding any sweet young female company -- when I was there, the place had about 20 such guys at the bar swilling beers and 3 or 4 not so hot honeys at the pool table -- and I walked by the place pretty often and never saw it looking any different inside -- this is a good spot if you like drinking and don't feel like moving around town at all, otherwise I don't get what the appeal is -- options vastly better at other venues elsewhere around town)

GoodEnough
05-08-10, 11:52
I was in PP two weeks ago and agree completely.

Circee honestly is borderline for me. Had one beer the couple times I was there and did not partake of the merchandise.

Looking at Himbersaft's list, I was there in Feb at high season, and Heart of Darkness doesn't make my list (just too crowded and too slim pickings and low quality of WG's) nor does Walkabout (great place to meet fellow 55 yr old sex tourists, not esp good for finding any sweet young female company -- when I was there, the place had about 20 such guys at the bar swilling beers and 3 or 4 not so hot honeys at the pool table -- and I walked by the place pretty often and never saw it looking any different inside -- this is a good spot if you like drinking and don't feel like moving around town at all, otherwise I don't get what the appeal is -- options vastly better at other venues elsewhere around town)

Golfinho
05-08-10, 13:03

Looking at Himbersaft's list, I was there in Feb at high season, and Heart of Darkness doesn't make my list (just too crowded and too slim pickings and low quality of WG's) nor does Walkabout (great place to meet fellow 55 yr old sex tourists, not esp good for finding any sweet young female company -- when I was there, the place had about 20 such guys at the bar swilling beers and 3 or 4 not so hot honeys at the pool table -- and I walked by the place pretty often and never saw it looking any different inside -- this is a good spot if you like drinking and don't feel like moving around town at all, otherwise I don't get what the appeal is -- options vastly better at other venues elsewhere around town)"Vastly better options". Such as, in your uh opinion? A % of the sex tourists wind up in Cambodia doing visa runs or are living on sub-normal income levels, result of low level talent in life. Barstoll culture befits them. Where is Wendella's World in Phnom Penh?

Shadow68
05-09-10, 05:01
Do some research. Their is a neighboring country where NGOs aren't allowed.Can you give me a head start and tell me which neighboring country this is?

Shadow68
05-09-10, 05:28
Do some research. Their is a neighboring country where NGOs aren't allowed.Can you give me a starting point and tell me which neighboring country does not allow NGOs?

Rewsna
05-09-10, 05:36
This list seems like 2 years old. 2 or 3 years ago, I found some 7s or 8s there, but just 3 months ago, Heart of Darkness has 5s, like Sharky's and Martini. Cyrcee has been dead for awhile. I don't recommend. Street bars are hit or miss. I still prefer the massage parlors over the bars.

@Bulle 2004

My must see Places for PP:

1. Martini Disco
2. Heard of Darkness Disco
3. Street 136 some Bars
4. Street 104 some Bars
5. Sharky`s Bar
6. Cyrcee Club
7. Walkabout Hotel / Bar

All Places not so far, in 3 Nights you can visit all. All Places still in operation.

Phil Istine
05-09-10, 06:15
Yes cyrcee a shadow of its former self.

Mikado still closed.

Walkabou even worse than before.

Lots of khmer places busted.

Hostess bars still very good.

Best policy is to get a girls phone number and meet in the daytime-no barfine.

Mate has had great service lately at the banana bar-just west of mikado on 136.

Some exceptional talent there and no barang.

PP has become a real insiders place.

If you wear a singha beer wifebeater and try to speak thai with the girls, forget it.

But if one is a bit subtle and suss it is still very good.

Wendella
05-09-10, 08:21
"Vastly better options". Such as, in your uh opinion? A % of the sex tourists wind up in Cambodia doing visa runs or are living on sub-normal income levels, result of low level talent in life. Barstoll culture befits them. Where is Wendella's World in Phnom Penh?

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wendella! ;)

No seriously, I dunno what you're talking about with barstools befitting whoever. Basically, if you're out and your priority is finding a girl, then best to head to the ones on that list (see below, #'s 1-4). (just my opinion, others here probly have their own ideas) If you're priority is going out to drink, you should refer to the International Drinker's Guide forum -- wrong site, man! I posted the places earlier, as what I'd suggest a newbie coming to PP to go check out, and in what order. Picked these cuz they're easy, foreigner-oriented, and cheap to fairly cheap. There's plenty of other places out there... thought these 4 were the ones most suitable for a newbie tho. Also pretty reliable.

As for vastly better -- yes when I was there, I never saw more than 5 girls at a time in Walkabout. On each night at Martini, there were around 60 (one night I actually counted every girl in the club!) I think it's fair to describe 60 as vastly better than 5.

Hnutle
05-09-10, 09:37
Well, that's what counts. And I didn't mean to imply that you were a fool for paying that much. Like I said, if they think you haven't been there before, they won't budge from that $20 price.She was a real stunner and I invited her back to my hotel. After that we had some kind of relation and I took her to Thailand and Malaysia but on my last visit I could not contact her and when she saw my tel. Nr. She never answered but when I contacted her with another number she picked up the phone. Really sad and I must be another stupid barang thinking there was more than just mongering. But I still think about the good time we had and that's why I remember the boats and will go there for sure next time, may even try a language course this winter. But thanks for your comments anyway.

Golfinho
05-09-10, 23:58
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wendella! ;)

No seriously, I dunno what you're talking about with barstools befitting whoever. Basically, if you're out and your priority is finding a girl, then best to head to the ones on that list (see below, #'s 1-4). (just my opinion, others here probly have their own ideas) If you're priority is going out to drink, you should refer to the International Drinker's Guide forum -- wrong site, man! I posted the places earlier, as what I'd suggest a newbie coming to PP to go check out, and in what order. Picked these cuz they're easy, foreigner-oriented, and cheap to fairly cheap. There's plenty of other places out there... thought these 4 were the ones most suitable for a newbie tho. Also pretty reliable.

As for vastly better -- yes when I was there, I never saw more than 5 girls at a time in Walkabout. On each night at Martini, there were around 60 (one night I actually counted every girl in the club!) I think it's fair to describe 60 as vastly better than 5.OK, so you don't know where best talent is located. Having actually been to PP, didn't find anything special in the places listed. One thing though: turnover high, so best strategy is to be persistent and thorough, otherwise sit on a barstool until semi-stupified and something generic starts to look good enough.

Doppel One
05-10-10, 09:28
My first report, I normally peruse rather than contribute, but on this occasion I feel obliged to jot something down.

I've been popping in an out of Phnom Penh for about ten years and I recently returned after an absence of two years. And wow, I hardly recognized the place!

P. P. Used to be my favorite destination and (seriously) I'd get a stiffy on the airplane in anticipation of the delicious fruits that were on offer on the ground. Unfortunately, P. P. In its present incarnation is a shadow of its former self from a mongering perspective. Maybe I was just unlucky because I arrived during a 'clampdown' and left, a month later, during the same clampdown.

Here's the lowdown on what I found (I hope this is not too harsh):

The various brothels dotted around town appeared to be closed – no more Street 64, or 152. Gone.

Ditto the massage parlors.

The karaoke bars around Street 152 are also closed – which is just too bad.

As reported by other members on this board Mikado/Somali's is/was closed, Sophie's. Gone, and Walkabout has pretty much gone too. There were never more than half a dozen girls of pretty low caliber whenever I wandered into Walkabout, some of whom I recognized from six or seven years ago, which obviously isn't perfect unless you get excited about a gash in a circus tent.

The 154 'strip' around the corner from the Flamingos Hotel was a pale imitation of its former self and should be read the Last Rites, though I didn't check out Shanghai, to be fair, which I've never liked due to the general cynicism of the place.

Anyone who remembers Sharky's in its heyday will find the present scene drab from a girl perspective.

Cycree was open, but when I visited the 'studio' rooms upstairs were busy so in order to ST a girl I had to buy her a drink, pay her the regular $20 (after the deed) plus $10 for a ST room. I can't remember if there was a small barfine on top of that, but I do remember thinking that the experience would set me back a whopping $40 all in, which is a long way from the $15 it was a few years ago when I'd regularly take a couple off girls up the winding staircase with the ridiculously low slung ceiling. This time, I declined the girl's offer and left, in part because the girls seemed uneasy and genuinely afraid of being carted off by the police for 'reeducation' – which isn't the sort of foreplay/chat that gets my juices flowing.

You can still have a good time in some of the bars on 104, 108 and 136, but they're not exactly dirt cheap and you can spend a lot of time chatting up and buying ladies drinks for girls who will later refuse you point blank when you bring up the tender subject of taking them back to your hotel. Why is it that some of these girls don't even appear to know what a barfine is? You think one of their 'sisters' or the management would educate them when they commence 'working' in the bar but apparently not.

A snapshot espousing the quality of the girls in the present 'Rose Bar' on 104 compared to a snapshot taken four years ago would no-doubt generate gasps of astonishment, such is the decline in standards (though I suspect a lot of the current crop are the same girls who were working there 4 years ago).

And don't get me started on the $10 barfine. It used to be $5. Before that nothing. Progress I suppose.

One of the really bizarre things is that the latest 'clampdown' on the entertainment industry includes some sort of edict regarding the dress code of the girls working in the escort bars and the freelance bars such as Walkabout and Sharky's. Skirts seem to be a bit too risqué for the authorities these days and a lot of the girls seem to have erred on the side of caution by wearing a dress plus denim shorts combo – which is quite often about as alluring as a lead chastity belt.

Martini's was okay, about 40 girls on the Friday night I visited, but mostly average and many mums. Then again, I still mourn the loss of the Martini's by the Inter Continental Hotel and I've never seen eye to eye with the present joint.

Please don't get me wrong, shagging is still possible in Phnom Penh and some of the girls are pretty good.

But the old days are most certainly gone and with it the vitality and exuberance that made Phnom Penh such an exciting city to visit (the people are still charming). I used to love the sight of taxi girls buzzing around here, there and everywhere and the rake of the steel doors on Street 64.

It'll be interesting to see how the city evolves. The authorities have done sterling work in cleaning the place up from a P4P point of view, but what remains is a sewer, the garbage heaps in the streets larger than ever, the streets clogged with motorcycles and the obvious prosperity enjoyed by the few seems to have resulted in a generation of Humvee drivers who are 'heavy on the horn' – blissfully honking away at anything that moves. Very annoying.

I wish the content of this report were different. I went to Phnom Penh hoping for a great time but unless I missed various turns and hidden doorways a city that was once a wonderful playground is a city of lounge bars and pizza parlors. Exotic, it is not.

They've even closed the casinos in the hotels on Monivong and the Cambo 6 betting shops (something to do with the income from the casinos not percolating into the right government coffers, by all account, maybe the well meaning NGOs that have turned P. P. Into their plaything should look into that?)

It'll be interesting to see if things revert. The weird thing is that new hotels are sprouting left, right and center and yet there really is so little to do in Phnom Penh from a tourist perspective other than gawp at the royal palace and visit the genocide museum which while incredibly moving, I can't imagine gets a lot of repeat visitors. So what is the deal? Who are they building all these hotels for?

Not me. I think I'll be giving the place a wide berth for a while.

Wendella
05-10-10, 16:42
OK, so you don't know where best talent is located. Having actually been to PP, didn't find anything special in the places listed. One thing though: turnover high, so best strategy is to be persistent and thorough, otherwise sit on a barstool until semi-stupified and something generic starts to look good enough.

Honestly, I'm really just a tourist in PP, so if there's some place where the top talent is located, it would be by accident taht I knew it. ;) I was there for 1 week in February, that's it recently, tho I have been there off and on over the past few years so I know the layout fairly well. But there's members here who know way better than I do. Btw those spots were mostly ok in Feb, so as you konw things change and change again, so that'll happen.

Camboblowshooter
05-10-10, 18:20
So others may see differently

Street 104/136 quite busy every evening with some nice gals (some call it good lookers), Cheerleaders open again since about 3/4 weeks but dont expect anything like it was in the past, that is finished.

Tonight (monday 10 may) there were quite some streetwalkers around town...strange, as they mostly seem to have disappeared

Some hoarhouses near the Japanese bridge are still open for business.

Martini, sometimes as Wendella says, many girls, that is sometimes, mostly lately it was very dull, very very dull.

Sharky bar, many girls and some stunners, last week for the first time ever in this country saw a freelancer (but a stunner) actually refuse to go even close to a middle aged well dressed barang when asked to do so by one of the mamasans on the premises, but plenty of ordinary girls available and of course the always present older freelancers. But the food is good, drinks also and service is fine.

The Walkabout, well,..very very dull, has lost all of its former glory, their new hotel next door open for business. The other bars around the area dont look to be doing much business either, with a few exceptions.

Le cyrcee has lost its glorie from past times, if I understand correctly the owner is possibly looking to relocate to greener pastures. But if you want straight sex, 20 bucks, you can have it there without any fuss at all, but only known customers allowed to use the inside premises.

The ;massage parlours' around town, no, all still closed and it looks they will not reopen, for those 'salons' more off the beaten track and who are still open which are not that many, business as usual. (read sex).

Last week friday around midnight town looked very quit to me.

If you have your own transport, it is fairly to very easy to pick up some gal, not difficult at all in a country marred by abject poverty. So be gracious.

Jan 156
05-10-10, 18:49
something generic ROFL! I must remember that expression. I don't drink much, but do occasionally fancy 'something generic' to get the juices flowing. A walkabout quickie before breakfast. An early evening garage girl on the way home with some shopping. Not serious mongering. No names really required, and no Heart of Darkness eyes taking notes. But keeps the bits working nicely. ;)

Purpletaoist
05-10-10, 19:34
In older reports from PP, people frequently mention the 5 dollar brothels in Toul Kork.After spending some time in PP, I only know Toul Kork as a an area full of villas and such. I wonder if these places are still around or if they have fallen victim to some of the recent clean ups.

Purpletaoist
05-10-10, 19:38
What is an
early evening garage girlAfter these many recent crackdowns, I am desperate to try almost anything! :)

Shadow6491
05-10-10, 23:51
As Camboblowshoote said the hotel next to walkabout is now open, But before anyone books a room there please check the Guest policy. At the present time the policy is registered guests only. You can not bring girls back period. So far they have had two guests stay and what you get for the asking price of $35-65 is crap in comparison to most other hotels in PP.

Denom
05-11-10, 03:15
I've been popping in an out of Phnom Penh for about ten years and I recently returned after an absence of two years. And wow, I hardly recognized the place!

P. P. Used to be my favorite destination and (seriously) I'd get a stiffy on the airplane in anticipation of the delicious fruits that were on offer on the ground. Unfortunately, P. P. In its present incarnation is a shadow of its former self from a mongering perspective.

Excellent report and I agree with you 100%. Sadly, as far as I am concerned, PP is dead. Would still be OK if you are there for other purposes than mongering, and I guess you could still find something decent if you scratch hard, but going there for mongering purpose is not worth at all.

I was there recently (after an absence of about two years) and I promptly escaped after three days, so much a bore it was. Nothing on street 154 anymore and only one place on street 63 (2-3 houses side by side in fact and some of them do not allow foreigners). No more karaoke in the area either. Sophie long gone (I have the unfortunate honor of having been the first one to report its demise). All of my previous private and favorite addresses closed too. Just remains a few of the more notorious bars and a string of smaller ones, all of whom have average and rather lymphatic girls.

As a good illustration of the current government frame of mind, they even want to close all the guest houses on national road 6 (there's about 50 of them) because "people have sex in those places and this is bad for society" - if you ever heard such a ludicrous and incredibly stupid statements. They already closed about 10% of them. Little known to foreigners, these are places where locals go to enjoy themselves after they dined by the nearby Tonle Sap river. By the way, the Mekon river restaurants on the other side of the bridge, road to Vietnam, still has some half decent girls but nothing worth the fairly long trip to get there.

The river front walk is now renovated, though still not finished after all these years, leaving muddy parts where hookers provide blow jobs in dark places (the only remaining interesting aspect of that place). That walk is now very large and almost totally empty of people, much less foreigners. Very few tourists as well. Over-priced hotels and food, and barely any hotels have evolved past the point of offering (slow) wireless internet in the room. Guest house Nr 9 and its sisters by the lake are still there (and touts still offer you "something" and "anything") but the government did fill up the lake as they said they would, only leaving (for the time being) a small strip of water, another incredible waste (the place was gorgeous at sunset and had a big potential for turning into something interesting).

Nothing to do in PP after you've seen the few places on offer (both from a tourist and monger perspective) and shopping is still very poor to non-existent (apart for local Viagra and even that becomes rare). Even the Camel trousers that can still be had for a fraction of their Western prices have sharply gone down in quality.

In brief, unless you are there for other reasons than mongering, to be avoided in large circles.

Ekspat
05-11-10, 03:28
P. P. Used to be my favorite destination and (seriously) I'd get a stiffy on the airplane in anticipation of the delicious fruits that were on offer on the ground. Unfortunately, P. P. In its present incarnation is a shadow of its former self from a mongering perspective.
Yeah, can fully agree. But it started already to fade away in 2004/05 or so,
since then I haven't been to PP anymore, and I don't see a reason to change that.
RIP.

Too bad :(

Allover
05-11-10, 06:21
Will be in PP next month for a few nights. I know Street 136 and 104 are good bar streets. Do you just walk in every bar and look around? Can anybody name some good ones? I know Candy Bar on 104 seems to be recommended here. Any other bar names would be appreciated.

Allover
05-11-10, 09:26
I may book a room at the Bouganvillier Hotel. I think the location is good and the room costs about $60. Can anybody recommend this or another hotel in this price range?

Goodenough mentioned he stayed there but moved out. Hope it wasn't because Bouganvillier is a dump.

GoodEnough
05-11-10, 10:32
I may book a room at the Bouganvillier Hotel. I think the location is good and the room costs about $60. Can anybody recommend this or another hotel in this price range?

Goodenough mentioned he stayed there but moved out. Hope it wasn't because Bouganvillier is a dump.I did respond to you in a PM, but I wanted to go on public record as well, because I don't want people thinking that Bouganvillier is a dump. It's a very nice hotel, perfectly situated, with decent service and nice rooms. I moved only because the Amanjaya is nicer, and I'm of an age where maximum comfort is important to me. The Bouganvillier also arranged, at my request, for a driver to pick me up at the airport. It was perfectly arranged and the driver was there with a sign with my name on it as I walked out of the airport. The cost was $10, which is probably a bit much, but I didn't want the hassle of finding a driver and it was well worth the money.

The one thing I didn't like about the Bougainvillier is that it doesn't have an elevator. Since I have arthritic knees, I really didn't enjoy walking up the stairs. However, for younger, sprier guys, this should not be an issue. As I explained in my PM, I paid $96 there, but that was for a suite with a river view and a balcony. Also, the breakfast, while adequate, wasn't very substantial, but these are minor complaints.

I would definitely recommend the hotel for someone who wants to go a bit up market from the usual places described here.

GE

Camboblowshooter
05-11-10, 12:27
The previous reports you can read are so right. They tell exactly the situation for the TOURIST, who is here only a short time. However, it is my personal believe that if you STAY here the demise of the sex trade is actually benefiting us. The calls I get every day, evening. Out of the freelancer places because they have no customer. Those who live here might be sitting on a (sex) gold mine thanks to the crackdown on the entertainment industry. The desperation by some girls is so great that in a certain freelancer bar last week I literally had to knock them off me when I wanted to leave the bar alone, angrily shouting behind me; up to you! Goodnight!.

If you are not picky in looks, well, there is plenty available., all the time. They will call you.

Shadow 6491 made a very good observation concerning the new Walkabout hotel. Can you imagine 1000 to 2000 Thai Bath for what is no more then a simple room WITH a curfew on guests? Can you imagine? Totally nuts, even if you can bring as many guests as you like, way out of line these prices.

It is my personal believe that the excessive hotel rates for no more then simple rooms, mostly double or triple and more then what you pay in for example Pattaya, and the unrentless crackdown on the so called; sex trade; has and is totally killed the city for those who like to come here on a holiday.

Small Dick
05-11-10, 14:08
Well after a holiday I am back in Cambodia/PP and not much has changed, yes the scene may be a bit lax but there are still gorgeous girls around and if you do take your time then you can find the girl for you for the night.

As previously stated a lot of kmer places have been shut down, but lets face facts, P4P is still shit loads cheaper in Cambodia that Thailand.

Bar fines in Thailand in BKK are 600 thats well over a bar fine here of $10.

A lot of the girls here initially ask $40, just negotiate most will go down to $20-$25, pickings are slim at the moment. 104 St is particularly expensive and many of the girls ask $50 as a start, a friend of mine wanted a really hot girl and offered her $150 for 5 nights/days which she accepted - she sorted out the bar fines etc and he just paid the $150.

So, yes you can get good value, I even had an offer from a girl at one of the massage places and damn cutie who is very good at her job for $100 for 4 days, but I declined as I have a stay at home, lol.

If you're coming over and haven't been in a long time or first time, get in with a few local ex-pats, find out which bars are good and get a feel for PP, maybe more work to do than Thailand but personally I'd rather be here.

So stop complaining and have fun.

Wendella
05-11-10, 15:25
Will be in PP next month for a few nights. I know Street 136 and 104 are good bar streets. Do you just walk in every bar and look around? Can anybody name some good ones? I know Candy Bar on 104 seems to be recommended here. Any other bar names would be appreciated.

Looking at the posts below, one thing I want to mention was that I was there at the tail end of the high season, and now these guys are reporting at low season, so, it's to be expected things aren't as happening now as back in Feb when I was there. Then again there was this crackdown, so it remains to be seen how that shakes out, but it might take til next high season again to find out.

What I did on Sts 104 and 136 was just go walk by a few times checking out as best I could from outside what kinds of girls were at the different bars, in general. If something looked hopeful, I went in (either then or else later on in the evening) and had a beer. If it still looked hopeful I stuck around and tried to get a bit of face time with the damsel of my choice. That's not always that easy -- she might be with another customer, or else barfined out already, or else she takes one look at you and decides no way. (that happened with one) If you do get the face time, then you might need to work it a bit carefully -- from what I could tell, some of them don't go with a customer unless they're keen to.

Eventually I at least got to see inside almost every bar on those 2 strips. Just a few had what I was after. In 2 I got shut out. In one I was lucky and got a really cute one who was just what the doc ordered. If I had one regret, it's that I didn't also get to do her sister, who also worked in that same bar.

Candy had by far the MOST girls working there, I would guess about 40 or more the night I was there. Other bars have far fewer, tho I'd say the 2 sisters were hotter than any in Candy (IMO). Sorry don't remember which bar that was, and I'd bet they don't work there any more at this point. But these places are all VERY obvious, you can not miss them. They're all on the same block on both sides of the street, last block before you reach the riverfront.

I suppose you could walk into a bar and take a look around, then decide not to stay. Maybe pretend you're looking for your friend and don't see him. But of course they don't love that, for obvious reasons.

Ekspat
05-12-10, 05:30
So stop complaining and have fun.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain. I've had good times in PP.
But now I just simply don't travel to PP anymore, even it's only a 2-hrs flight for me.
Lost interest. Thats all.

Enjoy!

Denom
05-12-10, 05:43
I did respond to you in a PM, but I wanted to go on public record as well, because I don't want people thinking that Bouganvillier is a dump. It's a very nice hotel, perfectly situated, with decent service and nice rooms.

I checked the place when I was in PP lately and although it does look nice it also does not have wireless internet in the rooms. You would think that a higher class hotel that goes for a premium near $100 would have (what I consider nowadays) a basic and easy to provide service, but nada.

GoodEnough
05-12-10, 11:24
I checked the place when I was in PP lately and although it does look nice it also does not have wireless internet in the rooms. You would think that a higher class hotel that goes for a premium near $100 would have (what I consider nowadays) a basic and easy to provide service, but nada.
I don't know what rooms you might have seen, but mine did have wireless and it was included in the price. The problem for me was that the signal was weak, and intermittent, so ultimately I asked for a cable, which worked fine. Again, there was no charge for the Internet service.
GE

Denom
05-12-10, 11:37
I don't know what rooms you might have seen, but mine did have wireless and it was included in the price. The problem for me was that the signal was weak, and intermittent, so ultimately I asked for a cable, which worked fine. Again, there was no charge for the Internet service.
GE
OK - then I was mis-informed by the reception, as it often happens in these cases. I didn't check the rooms, only enquired whether such a service was available and they told me only in the lobby, not in the rooms. That's the 3rd time it happens to me (that the receptionist tells me the service is not available in the room, only to find out it actually is).

Doppel One
05-13-10, 11:14
As previously stated a lot of kmer places have been shut down, but lets face facts, P4P is still shit loads cheaper in Cambodia that Thailand.

Bar fines in Thailand in BKK are 600 thats well over a bar fine here of $10.I'm not sure you can directly compare Thailand and Cambodia. Most people I know in Thailand barfine girls from the bar beers rather than the a-go-gos where the price is 300 baht, just over $9 at today's rate of exchange. The point is that five years there was no barfine in Cambodia which was novel and made PP very user friendly. Now those days have gone PP for my money has lost that edge.

Betong
05-14-10, 03:57
I recently returned after an absence of two years. And wow, I hardly recognized the place!Superb summary of PP now and then.

I personally think the mongering scene peaked quite a while ago, back around 2000-04. But the decline over the past couple years has really been the final blow. There are still plenty of reasons to visit PP, but cheap easy sex is no longer one of them.

The flip side of this is that the new generation of Cambodian girls are a lot more open-minded than their sisters of ten or 15 years ago, and anyone who sticks around for a few months, learns a bit of Khmer, etc. will find all kinds of opportunities that didn't use to exist.

Fast Eddie 48
05-14-10, 04:26
Superb summary of PP now and then.

I personally think the mongering scene peaked quite a while ago, back around 2000-04. But the decline over the past couple years has really been the final blow. There are still plenty of reasons to visit PP, but cheap easy sex is no longer one of them.

The flip side of this is that the new generation of Cambodian girls are a lot more open-minded than their sisters of ten or 15 years ago, and anyone who sticks around for a few months, learns a bit of Khmer, etc. will find all kinds of opportunities that didn't use to exist.Bentong,

The whole se asia is on the decline back in the 1998 to 2002 the Asian financial melt down when the US dollar is strong and more girl avalible and everything is cheap at Thailand, PI and China, the 5 USD FS is long gone at PP but is still cheaper than most place in asia.

Fast Eddie 48

Camboblowshooter
05-14-10, 11:18
Yes, its true, PP has lost all of its former glory. Where is the time you got up in the morning, looked at your watch and said; that more hours till 6 tonight, the time Sophie Club opended, upon entrance all girls in the bar gave you a public blowjob, damage one dollar each, ahh. 12 girls 12 bucks. Where is the time?

But, even today 10 bucks gets you laid almost anywhere on the condition you are NOT picky concerning looks.

Barfine? Not in my lifetime. Never paid one and never will. They can leave their ass where they are, there is no need for it in PP. It was introduced here by what is commonly called; the Pattaya scum; of whom many are gone back where they came from. If I do meet a girl I like who needs to be barfined, just ask for her mobile and will call here off job. No problem. All comply.

So can a tourist still enjoy himself with the ladies? For sure he can, when he is prepared to accept that All Bars available to him will be less then what he would find in e. G. Soi 7 in Pattaya. And the stunners are thin here. But if you are not picky, there is no problem. And cheap.

Sharka
05-14-10, 23:59
Bentong,

the 5 USD FS is long gone at PP

Fast Eddie 48

$5 long gone???
Not totally true for PP, still available if you are willing to wander around abit. And as CamboS. said below, if you are willing to forgive a bit on the looks department.

Shark

Titanio
05-15-10, 00:21
But, even today 10 bucks gets you laid almost anywhere on the condition you are NOT picky concerning looks.

Barfine? Not in my lifetime. Never paid one and never will. They can leave their ass where they are, there is no need for it in PP. If I do meet a girl I like who needs to be barfined, just ask for her mobile and will call here off job. No problem. All comply.I have to agree that a lot is still possible for 10 bucks. But when you pay that, do not go back to the same bar next evening if it was a bar in street 104 or 136. And about the barfine, yes it might be possible not to pay, if you like to wait all the time until the closes. I f I have 20 bucks drinking bill and they add 5 dollar BF, fine I pay 25 and no tip. Without a BF I might have tipped 2 or 3 dollar. So what is the difference? I do not bother that much about 5 bucks as long as I will get good service afterwards.

Fast Eddie 48
05-15-10, 03:54
$5 long gone???
Not totally true for PP, still available if you are willing to wander around abit. And as CamboS. said below, if you are willing to forgive a bit on the looks department.

Sharkto Shark,

That was back in 1998 only been to pp a few time ,not been back since 2006 not sure will be back again just enjoy China and other country better, Cambo and PP is not a safe place to wander around to look for cheap thrill too danger.

Fast eddie 48

Bule2004
05-15-10, 15:36
Gosh, am I ever ticked:

Went to 136 Bar and ordered two Bacardi/cokes for me and my gf. We have been there several times the past few weeks and most of the staff know us. I am definitely not a Cheap Charley.

The drinks the waitress delivered definitely were not Bacardi (might have been cheap smelly gin), but the waitress would not listen to my plea or offer to exchange our drinks (which had only been sipped: the pungent odor was clearly not Bacardi).

Without drinking the concoction, I paid the bill (no tip) and told the waitress and the "minder" that we would not be back (and I doubt I will).

Afterwards, I wondered: should I have reported the incident to the manager, or was I correct in telling the two staff persons and politely leaving?

Bule2004

Camboblowshooter
05-15-10, 17:58
Afterwards, I wondered: should I have reported the incident to the manager, or was I correct in telling the two staff persons and politely leaving?

Bule2004

You most certainly did the right thing. It would have got very very nasty for you if you had not paid.

The past few months a number of Bar owners (hostess related or not Bars) literally had to FLEE THE COUNTRY, leaving everything they could not take with them behind. Gives you an idea about how bad it is here. Not for all, some bar are working very well and making money. If this had happended to me I would show no restraint at all in naming and shamimg the bar in question, because that is exactly what they deserve, so others members here know, and if they like can find out for themselves. But I am not surprised at all, probably just cheap local crap added, and here is your drink!

To Shark,

That was back in 1998 only been to pp a few time, not been back since 2006 not sure will be back again just enjoy China and other country better, Cambo and PP is not a safe place to wander around to look for cheap thrill too danger.

Fast Eddie 48

Nobody has to doubt for a moment what Sharka writes is true, actually, today on the 15 of May 2010 it is possible to get laid in the Penh for 3 bucks, but I do not believe you would like, although you do get pussy for it.

A quick word on the issue of Barfines, I believe that if you come as a tourist for a couple of days this should indeed be no problem, but again, as you LIVE here, there really, really is no need for it. A few hours ago I picked one up from one of these bars, I called her on her mobile and just told her would pick her up on the junction of 136/13, and there she was. No barfine.

Whatever she told the bar I do not know, if ever she told them anything, as sometimes there are so many of them that one missing for an hour they might not even notice, as they sit inside and outside the business. I asked her how is business, and she said it is very very bad. That comfirms e. G. My own observations. For I think almost a month now I have for instance not seen a living soul in Hotel Flamingos, normally there are often barangs sitting outside with their girls, but not lately, not afternoon and not evening time, although they might be full, I do not know, but when I pass there not a living soul to be seen.

Things, for many barang who run a Bar business here, are not looking good at all. Not at all. And the fake drinks are not going to help.

Sharka
05-15-10, 22:46
Nobody has to doubt for a moment what Sharka writes is true, actually, today on the 15 of May 2010 it is possible to get laid in the Penh for 3 bucks, but I do not believe you would like, although you do get pussy for it.

Hey Cambo,
I've seen and done the $5 and some were ok even for that price, but reckon can't even imagine what the $3 ones will look like. Maybe I'll have a look just for curiousity on my next venture there.
cheers pal

Shark

Doppel One
05-16-10, 05:18
Nobody has to doubt for a moment what Sharka writes is true, actually, today on the 15 of May 2010 it is possible to get laid in the Penh for 3 bucks, but I do not believe you would like, although you do get pussy for it.Camboblowshooter

A number of years ago I was propositioned by a gal in a bar around the corner from Flamingos who wanted $1 for the works: BJ, full penetration. And god knows what else she would have thrown in for the price. I declined (most sensible people would given the state she was in) but the lady got her dollar which slipped out of my pocket and into her palm out of sheer pity.

I wonder if its the same lady you encountered just recently charging $3. Factoring in PP inflation over the years? Did she have any teeth?

Camboblowshooter
05-16-10, 07:26
Doppel One

CamboblowshooterA number of years ago I was propositioned by a gal in a bar around the corner from Flamingos who wanted $1 for the works: BJ, full penetration. And god knows what else she would have thrown in for the price. I declined (most sensible people would given the state she was in) but the lady got her dollar which slipped out of my pocket and into her palm out of sheer pity.

I wonder if its the same lady you encountered just recently charging $3. Factoring in PP inflation over the years? Did she have any teeth?

Good observation. Still valid today, however the teethless are charging a bit more now, indeed inflation.
The 3 dollar gals I was talking about are sitting in so called hoarhouses. This is also, as far as I understand, the bottom price. But they do start by asking higher, but a continuous no from the punter get price down to 3.
I am not able to comment on the quality of them, as I have never used their services. Dental work in this country is very cheap, so really, no matter which gal I meet whose teeth are not in good order, she will not jump on the back of my motorbike, because I consider bad teeth same as bad general cleanliness.
What I can tell you for sure is that those who are working there, well, they are at the end of the row...
It is all up to the individual himself. The point was merely made that you can get laid for 5 or even 3 bucks in the Penh today.

I meet many girls, and it is my personal impression that for example a number of those Walkabout girls would not have to think long if you would stand your ground on 5 bucks ST. And no, I have never taken on out there, but that is my impression from talking to them. Most of them, I do not like their teeth too much...

Looks dont matter to me, it is the quality under the head I am interested in, and it would be very wrong to assume that a non-looker could/would not have perfect hygiene.

The price for all this is up to you, but I never have to call a girl 2 times to come to my house or pick her up somewhere in the city. I am always respectfull and gracious to them. All the time.

ATTENTION ; my gal of last night also informed me that the coppers are now cracking down on tourist/barang drug users, apparantly some barang had to pay their way out of the coppers station after getting caught smoking grass here, so be warned. If I am informed well the coppers are actually informing the Bar owners smoking grass is over...(I am a non-smoker), so...be careful. Fun in the penh...??

Wendella
05-16-10, 08:38
Camboblowshooter

A number of years ago I was propositioned by a gal in a bar around the corner from Flamingos who wanted $1 for the works: BJ, full penetration. And god knows what else she would have thrown in for the price. I declined (most sensible people would given the state she was in) but the lady got her dollar which slipped out of my pocket and into her palm out of sheer pity.

Hey you guys are really making me want to come to Phnom Penh. ;)

OK I'll bite (no pun intended): how many teeth did she still have when you saw her? You know what they say: best BJ's are given by the ones who have no teeth left. ;)

Mr Bob
05-16-10, 20:09
My first report, I normally peruse rather than contribute, but on this occasion I feel obliged to jot something down.

P. P. Used to be my favorite destination and (seriously) I'd get a stiffy on the airplane in anticipation of the delicious fruits that were on offer on the ground. Unfortunately, P. P. In its present incarnation is a shadow of its former self from a mongering perspective. Maybe I was just unlucky because I arrived during a 'clampdown' and left, a month later, during the same clampdown.I've not been for about 4-5 years. This doesn't make me want to go although I'd love to. I really liked Phnom Penh. But I need my end away. Are the shacks near the incinerator still there?

GoodEnough
05-17-10, 10:53
I lack the historical perspective of most of you, and I've only been to PP twice; most recently about three weeks ago. However, I really liked the place, had a great time while I was there, and will certainly return at the very earliest opportunity. I can't comment on what it once was, but the way it is now is just fine with me.

GE

Camboblowshooter
05-17-10, 13:25
Goodenough,

I lack the historical perspective of most of you, and I've only been to PP twice; most recently about three weeks ago. However, I really liked the place, had a great time while I was there, and will certainly return at the very earliest opportunity. I can't comment on what it once was, but the way it is now is just fine with me.

GE

Yes, certainly. Especially if you can afford quality hotels and have dollars to spend, for sure its nice here. But many who come here can not do that. Thats their problem.

If you have some time and can wander around the greater Phnom-Penh area, you will find many terrific places, who have nothing to do with sex, just for a drink or a meal, absolutely world class standard. But not cheap.

For those who come next time, have a look at Diamand Island, just past Naga Casino, cross the new bridge and you are there, still a lot of building going on, but gives you an idea about how the city is changing rapidly.

This is the ISG, so., I hope for once this info can be possible as its no sex.

Easy Lover222
05-17-10, 17:48
Cambodia, Phnom penh.

Hhigly recomended because of beautiful cheap and nice girls (they have darker skin than thai girls). Stayed in flamingo hotel in the middle of the action, visited couple of bars. In one of them I met a german guy, then we took our girls and went to martinis disco.

Had a nice time there.

Member #4698
05-17-10, 23:53
I wish I had been in PP in the 90’s, but I wasn’t. For those lucky enough to have been there back then, well, you have your good times and no one can take them away from you.

I know how you guys feel about ‘90’s PP, because that is exactly the way I feel about ‘70’s Costa Rica. CR was better than great back then. Free pussy in San Jose, camping out under the stars on virgin beaches and virtually no crime; the last time I went back was in ’04 and I could hardly take it. Yet, if you never experienced CR before, the country still has a lot to offer and I am sure that new visitors can have great times there today.

Likewise, I was in PP in ‘09 and had a great time. I dug the girls, the food and “the reasonable prices.” I did not go back in ’10 because of the clampdown. I went to Pattaya and Ko Chang instead. But now, I am thinking of going back to Phnom Penh in ’11 even if things get back to normal in Thailand. On the other hand, I may just hang out in the Philippines for 6 weeks. Life is full of tough choices.

Purpletaoist
05-18-10, 11:16
The Heaven Hotel is open again.

The Tian An Men Restaurant is also open again, the massage parlor that was behind it, however is not.

Any news about the other places that were closed?

Worltravel
05-18-10, 17:46
Cambodia, Phnom penh.

Hhigly recomended because of beautiful cheap and nice girls (they have darker skin than thai girls). Stayed in flamingo hotel in the middle of the action, visited couple of bars. In one of them I met a german guy, then we took our girls and went to martinis disco.

Had a nice time there.First one i heard who brougt girls to Martini.

Last time in PP was not the same hotel checking ID.

Camboblowshooter
05-19-10, 12:23
Purpletaoist The Heaven Hotel is open again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct, however the name is now Hotel Ka Reach. As I had the impression you also wanted to say the massage was open again, decided to check it out this afternoon, as I was not inside their (massage parlor 1st floor) for over a year...before I got off my motorbike the guard already came running toward me waving his arms ; no massage, no massage!!! But you can get a room to sleep starting price is 10 bucks, corner of street 148 and 19. However be advised, you get what you pay for. Crappy rooms. Beds well used in the past by the massage girls...

No massage parlor in any place that has been closed due to the sex crackdown in PP has -to my knowledge- re-opended. None.

But generally the girls in any bar are (very) hungry for your dollar. The looks they give me evening time when I pass with the bike...priceless.

AlLostInSpace13
05-20-10, 02:19
Hello Folks,
I love the (monger) prices in PP, but the food is nothing to write home about. Can anyone suggest authentic Thai restaurants in PP? I'll be in PP early July. Anyone that doesn't mind having a balding Chinese wingman can message me.

Al

GoodEnough
05-20-10, 11:14
I seem to be at odds with most of the recent posters here regarding my enjoyment of Phnom Penh. I found the city an excellent place in which to eat. There's a very nice French Restaurant called La Marmite right next door to the Golden Vine Bar. There are some excellent French-style cafes along the length of Sisowath Quai, and I've had good Khmer food at these places as well. The food at the Amanjaya Hotel restaurant was also quite good. I ate at least as well in PP as I do in Bangkok, and I eat very well in Bangkok.

GE

Hello Folks,
I love the (monger) prices in PP, but the food is nothing to write home about. Can anyone suggest authentic Thai restaurants in PP? I'll be in PP early July. Anyone that doesn't mind having a balding Chinese wingman can message me.

Al

Betong
05-20-10, 13:44
La MarmiteOne of my favorites -- like a slightly old-fashioned bistro in France, but with friendlier service.

Really good Khmer or Thai food can be surprisingly hard to track down in PP, but there is no lack of very fine French, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese etc. Wine lovers will find better value for money here than just about anywhere else in SE Asia. In fact I think food and grog, along with resident friends, is most of the reason I go there these days.

Camboblowshooter
05-20-10, 14:13
Goodenough,

I seem to be at odds with most of the recent posters here regarding my enjoyment of Phnom Penh

-

Some come with money, and know how to enjoy them. That is what money buys you, in regard to food, accomodation and the girls.

Many come with a tight budget, and stay in crappy rooms, go to the cheapest restaurants and take the cheapest girls.

The level of experience between these is huge. And that is same same everywhere in the world, but PP because of its; reputation; seems to attract those with little to spend.

However, cheap is coming to an end here in PP.

The differance e. G. Between AC and PP in terms of money costs is not that big anymore.

Denom
05-21-10, 02:53
Some come with money, and know how to enjoy them. That is what money buys you, in regard to food, accomodation and the girls.

Many come with a tight budget, and stay in crappy rooms, go to the cheapest restaurants and take the cheapest girls.

The level of experience between these is huge. And that is same same everywhere in the world, but PP because of its; reputation; seems to attract those with little to spend.

However, cheap is coming to an end here in PP.

The differance e. G. Between AC and PP in terms of money costs is not that big anymore.
You can't buy what is not there. Take Sophie, for just one example. As for the current offer, I did not find that money makes a big difference. There are "high ends" bars (usually karaoke) near the PP monument. You will pay way more than for the bars on street 51 but you need to be lucky just the same.

House007
05-21-10, 04:06
Hi,

I would appreciate any help from old(er) PP-hands on the following:

1. Are there any massage parlors which provide Happy Endings or BJs or FS and what should the costs for those on the average be?

2. I am here for a couple of months but cannot use my guesthouse for mongering activities. What might be a reasonably priced alternative to take girls to?

3. Where would I find nice freelancers and what would the costs for all night be?

4. I assume there are no more possibilities in PP to find decent streetwalkers, but if yes, where would one start looking?

5. Anyone currently in PP who might be interested in visiting a couple of P4P-places. I am approaching my mid-fifties - so just u know ...

Thanks and Cheers
House007

Denom
05-22-10, 06:23
4. I assume there are no more possibilities in PP to find decent streetwalkers, but if yes, where would one start looking?
I don't know what it is worth because I didn't try but there are now streewalkers at the foot of the PP monument itself. I was told it is a new phenomenon because of the recent crackdown. The girls are now going out from the bars and into public places, mengling with the general public. For that matter you may try other publics places too. Late at night I was also offered BJ in dark places of the river front by two girls on a motorbike. I guess that's kind of the mood in PP now.

House007
05-22-10, 12:07
I don't know what it is worth because I didn't try but there are now streewalkers at the foot of the PP monument itself. I was told it is a new phenomenon because of the recent crackdown. The girls are now going out from the bars and into public places, mengling with the general public. For that matter you may try other publics places too. Late at night I was also offered BJ in dark places of the river front by two girls on a motorbike. I guess that's kind of the mood in PP now.

PP monument? Do you mean the Independence Monument on Norodom?

Well, I think I would rather stay away from BJ out in the open. Guess I miss Beach Road in Pattaya, where you can take them home for 500 Baht for a nice session on yr turf and by yr rules ...

Sharka
05-22-10, 22:55
I don't know what it is worth because I didn't try but there are now streewalkers at the foot of the PP monument itself..

Not just there but all along st 154 I use to see about 8-10 SW hangout along there and off the side streets of 154, but the downside is that most will not be seen until late at nite when the streets are mainly deserted (except for the SW).

Shark

Sharka
05-22-10, 23:09
I seem to be at odds with most of the recent posters here regarding my enjoyment of Phnom Penh. I found the city an excellent place in which to eat.

GE

Not really at odds but as pointed out before by others it's all according to prices. I know the places you mentioned and indeed tried a few myself of the places you went amd it was comparable to many other places for the same price range in other asian countries, but for Cambodia these places/prices are consider on the higher end. Going to more Western eatery will always result in higher Western prices. Some local places also have good standards but prices are much lower and some have much better food, but downside is not all good local places have English (or even French) menu--IMO

Shark

Wendella
05-23-10, 08:48
There's one Thai place on St 130 within a block or 2 of the riverfront, can't remember the name. Seemed to be a step up. The Chiang Mai place on the river front is cheaper but not great. Name Chiang Mai but not any Chiang Mai food on the menu that I could find. Very generic and not-very-authentic Thai food at that place, from what I tried.

btw I tried to go to the other Thai restaurant and was really looking forward to having the kontoke(sp), but they told me that even tho it was on the menu, they weren't serving it, so I cut and ran.

Whats price range of Marmite? Will try next time there.

Denom
05-23-10, 09:19
PP monument? Do you mean the Independence Monument on Norodom?

Well, I think I would rather stay away from BJ out in the open. Guess I miss Beach Road in Pattaya, where you can take them home for 500 Baht for a nice session on yr turf and by yr rules ...

OK - I checked on the map and it's exactly called "Wat Phnom". I was there day time and saw several girls hanging around which my guide said were pickup girls. It was fairly obvious anyway. I was on the motorbike and didn't find it worth stepping down from it to take a closer look so can't really judge the quality.

Nothing of course beats Pattaya, especially after the crackdown on the best PP specialties.

As for food specialties, I guess they still have the "happy pizza", which I never tried but read a lot about.

Camboblowshooter
05-23-10, 18:26
be informed that last tuesday may 18, 2010, the prime minister of cambodia, h. e. samdech hun sen, in a speech to the national police, said, i quote: "increase their efforts to eradicate vice."

i wonder what is going to happen in the next weeks, if anything of interest i will keep the board posted.

the issue of streetwalkers, well. a few days ago the what phnom area was deserted, in the side streets were some hookers hiding behind trees in complete darkness, as a tourist you would never find them. anyway, what do you want them for? no quality at all, many are even homeless, so.

but i guess all will be over soon here in cambodia. anybody who tought the bottom of the vice crackdown was reach has been severely mistaken, although there is not much left to eradicate anymore, yet the big man himself thinks there is.

Mercboy
05-23-10, 22:20
I'll be in PP the end of this week and am looking for some upscale fun, with cost not being the main concern. Can anyone suggest places, and perhaps even a knowledgeable driver? Trying to avoid risks and wasting time.

Cheers.

Doppel One
05-24-10, 03:19
for anyone whose interested there's a very good thai restaurant called setsara on st. 278. its a bit out of the way in the ngo quarter but they delivery (pick up a copy of that delivery service booklet, i think its called door 2 door).

i love thai food but because i spend six months of the year in thailand i normally foresake it when i'm in pp choosing to eat chinese food instead. there are some excellent chinese places along monivong and my personal favourite is sam do which is on the street (i forget the no) which runs up from about the mid-point of the old market to monivong. its on the left hand side as you walk up, virtually the last building before monivong (there's a funky cafe on the corner). and while you're in the area you might want to check out the hair salons on the same side of the street some of which are full of girls who are presumaably there for more than the occassional perm and set. i think you have to start off asking for a massage and venture forth from there. i have no info about pricing, but good luck if anyone goes for it!

i came across a decent indonesian restuarant last time i was in pp, at the bottom of street 178, one block back from the river, near le wok. its not exactaly salubrious but the menu is in riel and they charge 6000 for nasi gorang. which was a bit dry. but i juiced it up with the peanut sauce from the chicken sati (8000 riel). check it out.

the french restaurant le marmite (mentioned in other posts) is one of my old time favourites. i'm not a big steak eater but if i want a steak i go there. the filet is delicious and the place has a very authentic french feel to it and isn't ott. reasonable prices too, though i'd avoid friday aand saturday evenings when you seem to geet a lot of ngos and the low level diplomatic set with their families. which just isn't my scene.

its really come to something when we''re discussing food rather than shangging in pp. lets all hope things return to normal one day son. who knows, when the powers that be realize that pp has nothing to offer respectable tourists and the dollars dry up, things might just change. the problem is the powers are hungry for those aid/donation dollars and the countires that hand out the cash are uncomfortable with the sex trade in pp. the weird thing is i very rarely hear about initiatives to provide jobs for those made jobless by the 'crackdown'. its like the ngos who raid the brothels and arrest the westerner inside for having undeage sex (which i do not approve of) yet leave the **** girl in the brothel. what sort of lunacy is that?

Denom
05-24-10, 06:54
be informed that last tuesday may 18, 2010, the prime minister of cambodia, h. e. samdech hun sen, in a speech to the national police, said, i quote: "increase their efforts to eradicate vice."

i wonder what is going to happen in the next weeks, if anything of interest i will keep the board posted.

the issue of streetwalkers, well. a few days ago the what phnom area was deserted, in the side streets were some hookers hiding behind trees in complete darkness, as a tourist you would never find them. anyway, what do you want them for? no quality at all, many are even homeless, so.

but i guess all will be over soon here in cambodia. anybody who tought the bottom of the vice crackdown was reach has been severely mistaken, although there is not much left to eradicate anymore, yet the big man himself thinks there is.
i wouldn't be surprised if the hookers in wat phnom were of low quality, but when i was there, there were quite a few of them at the foot of the hill itself, not on the side streets.

my guide kept telling me that the crackdown resulted from a speech hun sen made on television. has he now made another one? then indeed worst is to come. i wonder what will be left standing after this rage of pseudo-righteousness.

AdHome01
05-24-10, 13:26
I'll be in PP the end of this week and am looking for some upscale fun, with cost not being the main concern. Can anyone suggest places, and perhaps even a knowledgeable driver? Trying to avoid risks and wasting time.

Cheers.

Saran is a very good, safe, reliable driver. I've used him a few times along with many forum members. He's also a good guy to have around if in need of a drinking buddy, he's laid-back, easy to talk to and not pushy. If you have any questions you can email him ahead of time.

Driver Saran
+855 92 23 13 11
sarangoodtrip email yahoo.com

Shadow6491
05-24-10, 23:53
There have been hookers around Wat Phnom for 10 years it is nothing new. These are some of the roughest hookers in PP. This is where a lot of ladyboys hang out at night plying there trade. It is a very dangerous place to be at night if you are on your own and on foot. I am very careful even when driving a big moto around there at night would never go on my small moto late at night.

Sharka
05-28-10, 23:03
There have been hookers around Wat Phnom for 10 years it is nothing new. These are some of the roughest hookers in PP. This is where a lot of ladyboys hang out at night plying there trade. It is a very dangerous place to be at night if you are on your own and on foot. I am very careful even when driving a big moto around there at night would never go on my small moto late at night.

I've actually been around the Wat area at nite to the few local bars in this area on my rental moto but only because I know my final destination. I too would exercise caution if unaware of this neighborhood as it is a little seedy.

Dinghy
05-28-10, 23:30
Saying it's a little seedy is like saying the pope is a little GERMAN

Phil Istine
05-30-10, 16:59
Bounced around the bars last night, first night out in a while.

Went to candy and played the tourist for a while then spotted two lovely girls behind the bar compared to the dross with me.

Tina from battambong was quite keen and very beautiful but we didn't get down to brass tacks.

Went on to the black cat, mr kims bar on the corner near the flamingo. Me and mr kim nearly went halves in that one over two years ago, it was 18K.

Wish that I had of taken the plunge, would have been a good move in retrospect.

Some very nice girls there, one 27 year old that they claimed was original-bullshit of course.

Moved on to Shanghai, good last week, terrible last night-girls not intererested.

Last stop-martinis.

Not too bad, a few nice girls but nothing like the old days.

Could have taken a pair of viets, but they wernt that inspiring.

RIP phnom penh.

Dole13
05-31-10, 16:22
I plan to visit PP for the first time and i would like to know any girlfriendly hotels near the action and sighseeing in a range of about 40$. Do most hotels charge for the girl's visit?

Thanks to all of you who would help me!

Doppel One
06-01-10, 04:51
Saying it's a little seedy is like saying the pope is a little GERMANGentlemen,

Re: the "seed factor". Oh yes, a little seed can be a huge turn on for me, though the area around what Phnom and the street parallel with St 108 on the what Phnom side is just so dark and murky late at night even I would hesitate about approaching one of the amorphous shadows that lurk there.

Please indulge me because I want to relate a somewhat seedy tale to you but I'm unsure where to post this because the event happened in Sihanoukville a few years ago, so for those who think I should be posting in the 'Other Areas' section, I apologize.

I always rather liked Snooky, preferring the earthier side of life, say the brothels on Blue Mountain to the hostess bars up on Victory Hill. That's just my personal preference. Quite often I'd frequent the chicken farm down by the docks and to say the place had an 'edge' late at night was an understatement. There used to be a great club there called Biba (? I'm hopeless with names) where they used to present you with a drinks menu and a ***** menu (with photos of girls) simultaneously. Now that's my sort of place.

So there I was down on the chicken farm one night feeling ultra horny. I noticed a couple of Khmer girls standing outside the most dilapidated wooden shack brothel on the strip (it was barely standing) along with the fat, hideous (we're talking 18 stone ++) mamasan. A few seconds later I was being led inside by the two svelte girls for a threesome that was going to cost me $10 ($5 each – I believe the same price applies today).

To get to the shower room you had to walk along a mud caked plank in this joint, and of course the shower was the old pale of water affair. After rinsing off I returned to the cubicle with the girls and we immediately got down to an hour of great sex. The girls were just delightful, wonderfully attentive and thorough. I vividly remember taking one of the girls doggy-style as the other enthusiastically rimmed my ass with her tongue as a huge rat scurried past on one of the wonky timbers that kept this place upright.

To cut a long story short I had a wonderful orgasm and unless they were faking it both girls climaxed too. When it was all over we walked the plank back to the shower room, returning to the cubicle to get dressed a few minutes later. I gave the girls $5 each plus an extra $2 tip (for great service) and of course they were delighted with that, jumping up and down hugging and kissing me. At which point the fat, ugly mamasan blundered into the cubicle (she was a jolly enough soul) and started to tease me about giving her a $1 tip. Well, I'm not as mean as I appear so I thought 'what the hell' and reached into my pants to give her dollar. The problem was I was still horny and my cock was at least 50% erect. I still don't know what got into me in that moment but I handed the mamasan $5 instead of $1 and then without saying a word, I ripped into a new condom wrapper with my teeth, put the latex on, and in one continuous movement I turned the mamasan around, pushed her head forward, lifted up her tent-like skirt, pulled down her soiled pants to reveal her massive ass, drooping with blubbery folds of fat. I then rammed my dick into the general zone where the mamasan's pussy should have been (because you couldn't see her **** lips through the mounds of flesh). To say the mamasan was taken by surprise was a slight understatement. I doubt she'd been fucked many times in her life and judging by the huge smile on her face and the whoops of delight, she was enjoying every moment. The girls were besides themselves with laughter (obviously they'd never seen anyone fuck the mamasan before) and they were clapping and hollering with delight. Before I knew it more girls rushed into the cubicle to investigate the commotion and I was suddenly performing in front of six maybe seven girls. The original two girls suddenly jumped into the fray and as I was thwacking the living daylights out of the Nelly the Elephant one of the girls got to work sucking my balls while the other went back to rimming my ass. I eventually pulled out, ripped off the condom and shot my load in the direction of the mamasan's greedy, gaping mouth, but I kind of missed and my spunk ended up in her hair and big blob smacked against the timbered wall.

I didn't bother re-showering and I just got dressed. As I left the cubicle with the girls, still being applauded as the conquering hero, I noticed the rat licking my spunk which had dribbled down the wall onto the floor.

I know what you're all thinking – disgusting! Revolting! Shoot him! But here's the thing guys

I am, shall we say, a man of the world. I've fucked hundreds of girls on five different continents, not all pay4play and in my time I've had real relationships for my sins. I've fucked cat walk models, actresses, a lot of 8s, 9s, possibly even the occasional 10. But quite often when I find myself alone and in the mood to jerk off I lie back and allow the movie I have inside my head featuring sexual encounters to roll forward. I start off thinking of all the gorgeous 8s, 9s and the 10s I've fucked over the years but invariably, in order to really turn myself on my mind drifts back to that dilapidated brothel knocking the stuffing out of the 18 stone mamasan with the other two girls licking my balls and ass as the crowd cheered. Oh yes, a bit of 'seed'. You can't beat it in my book!

Now you're probably thinking what on earth has all this got to do with PP? Well, given the current crackdown I don't really feel compelled to revisit the city, but if the 'sex/entertainment trade' were forced underground and PP reemerged as a seedy sex capital where punters were reduced to fucking in darkened doorways and behind flapping foliage – then hey, I'd be back in a flash!

Enjoy!

Bule2004
06-01-10, 09:47
I plan to visit PP for the first time and i would like to know any girlfriendly hotels near the action and sighseeing in a range of about 40$. Do most hotels charge for the girl's visit?

I've been here a month and have not encountered a hotel that is not girl friendly, and none have charged for the girl's visit.

Bule2004

Roguesta
06-01-10, 17:04
I know that Billabong is not girl friendly.

Easton
06-01-10, 20:31
Gentlemen,

Re: the "seed factor". Oh yes, a little seed can be a huge turn on for me, though the area around what Phnom and the street parallel with St 108 on the what Phnom side is just so dark and murky late at night even I would hesitate about approaching one of the amorphous shadows that lurk there.

Please indulge me because I want to relate a somewhat seedy tale to you but I'm unsure where to post this because the event happened in Sihanoukville a few years ago, so for those who think I should be posting in the 'Other Areas' section, I apologize.

I always rather liked Snooky, preferring the earthier side of life, say the brothels on Blue Mountain to the hostess bars up on Victory Hill. That's just my personal preference. Quite often I'd frequent the chicken farm down by the docks and to say the place had an 'edge' late at night was an understatement. There used to be a great club there called Biba (? I'm hopeless with names) where they used to present you with a drinks menu and a ***** menu (with photos of girls) simultaneously. Now that's my sort of place.

So there I was down on the chicken farm one night feeling ultra horny. I noticed a couple of Khmer girls standing outside the most dilapidated wooden shack brothel on the strip (it was barely standing) along with the fat, hideous (we're talking 18 stone ++) mamasan. A few seconds later I was being led inside by the two svelte girls for a threesome that was going to cost me $10 ($5 each – I believe the same price applies today).

To get to the shower room you had to walk along a mud caked plank in this joint, and of course the shower was the old pale of water affair. After rinsing off I returned to the cubicle with the girls and we immediately got down to an hour of great sex. The girls were just delightful, wonderfully attentive and thorough. I vividly remember taking one of the girls doggy-style as the other enthusiastically rimmed my ass with her tongue as a huge rat scurried past on one of the wonky timbers that kept this place upright.

To cut a long story short I had a wonderful orgasm and unless they were faking it both girls climaxed too. When it was all over we walked the plank back to the shower room, returning to the cubicle to get dressed a few minutes later. I gave the girls $5 each plus an extra $2 tip (for great service) and of course they were delighted with that, jumping up and down hugging and kissing me. At which point the fat, ugly mamasan blundered into the cubicle (she was a jolly enough soul) and started to tease me about giving her a $1 tip. Well, I'm not as mean as I appear so I thought 'what the hell' and reached into my pants to give her dollar. The problem was I was still horny and my cock was at least 50% erect. I still don't know what got into me in that moment but I handed the mamasan $5 instead of $1 and then without saying a word, I ripped into a new condom wrapper with my teeth, put the latex on, and in one continuous movement I turned the mamasan around, pushed her head forward, lifted up her tent-like skirt, pulled down her soiled pants to reveal her massive ass, drooping with blubbery folds of fat. I then rammed my dick into the general zone where the mamasan's pussy should have been (because you couldn't see her **** lips through the mounds of flesh). To say the mamasan was taken by surprise was a slight understatement. I doubt she'd been fucked many times in her life and judging by the huge smile on her face and the whoops of delight, she was enjoying every moment. The girls were besides themselves with laughter (obviously they'd never seen anyone fuck the mamasan before) and they were clapping and hollering with delight. Before I knew it more girls rushed into the cubicle to investigate the commotion and I was suddenly performing in front of six maybe seven girls. The original two girls suddenly jumped into the fray and as I was thwacking the living daylights out of the Nelly the Elephant one of the girls got to work sucking my balls while the other went back to rimming my ass. I eventually pulled out, ripped off the condom and shot my load in the direction of the mamasan's greedy, gaping mouth, but I kind of missed and my spunk ended up in her hair and big blob smacked against the timbered wall.

I didn't bother re-showering and I just got dressed. As I left the cubicle with the girls, still being applauded as the conquering hero, I noticed the rat licking my spunk which had dribbled down the wall onto the floor.

I know what you're all thinking – disgusting! Revolting! Shoot him! But here's the thing guys

I am, shall we say, a man of the world. I've fucked hundreds of girls on five different continents, not all pay4play and in my time I've had real relationships for my sins. I've fucked cat walk models, actresses, a lot of 8s, 9s, possibly even the occasional 10. But quite often when I find myself alone and in the mood to jerk off I lie back and allow the movie I have inside my head featuring sexual encounters to roll forward. I start off thinking of all the gorgeous 8s, 9s and the 10s I've fucked over the years but invariably, in order to really turn myself on my mind drifts back to that dilapidated brothel knocking the stuffing out of the 18 stone mamasan with the other two girls licking my balls and ass as the crowd cheered. Oh yes, a bit of 'seed'. You can't beat it in my book!

Now you're probably thinking what on earth has all this got to do with PP? Well, given the current crackdown I don't really feel compelled to revisit the city, but if the 'sex/entertainment trade' were forced underground and PP reemerged as a seedy sex capital where punters were reduced to fucking in darkened doorways and behind flapping foliage – then hey, I'd be back in a flash!

Enjoy!I hate to say it, but I would have enjoyed doing the same thing. Wish I could buy you a beer!

AdHome01
06-02-10, 05:09
Gentlemen,

Please indulge me because I want to relate a somewhat seedy tale to you but I'm unsure where to post this because the event happened in Sihanoukville a few years ago

Many thanks for a great story!

Rocksoff
06-02-10, 06:00
that dilapidated brothel knocking the stuffing out of the 18 stone mamasan with the other two girls licking my balls and ass as the crowd cheered.

I salute a worthy fucker!

Doublebogey
06-04-10, 00:20
Not to distract you fellers, as seems that all are having a great time from what I read here. I wanted to know though, as heard a crackdown of some type taking place on PP, what is it like now. Is the "Crackdown" making a huge difference, is it realy even happening, any recent reports?

Thanks

House007
06-04-10, 02:16
Went with a buddy to Candy's the other night and the girls-monger ratio was easily 10:1. Once we were through the door, 4-5 escorted us each to the table and we then had both about 2 to each side. The girls immediately started to massage my neck, back, hands and thighs. Apart from one which groped the groin area a bit, it was all very decent but I have to say that the head massage one gave me, felt extremely good - I mean the real head - temples, etc. :-)

We only went in to have a drink and check out the scene, so we didn't stay that long. No pressure for lady drinks or barfining any of the gals, which was good as well. Finally we paid up and gave a dollar to each of the girls, I gave the one which had massaged my head for very long 2. No idea whether that was ok, but they all seemed happy. Got a few kisses on the way out and might be back for one special cutie I spotted.

69 Bar was less overwhelming but good Happy Hour - draft for 1.50 and you get 1 for free. Fewer girls but similar massage routine. Also saw one there I would like to take home :-)

Will try to close the deal these days. Was surprised that the girls were not pushy at all ...

Would love to hear others' recent experiences ...

ParnellCat
06-04-10, 05:40
Yep I'm in favour of the occasional seed factor too. I think that once you've tried almost everything, the earthier side of life has some strange erotic qualities to it.

Many years ago, maybe 10 years at least I was staying at the beach by Sihanoukville during rainy season and it had been a total day of flooding etc. The power was out as usual.

So I rented a motorbike and had a great ride through the flooded roads late at night pretty much passing nobody.

It was pitch dark and the roads to the port were in much worse condition than now.

The only shiny things were the eyes of buffalo who seem to enjoy sitting in the middle of the road.

Apart from that it was pitch black and kind of eerie.

I finally made it to the chicken farm. No other guys in sight.

Considered stopping at BIba as it was a fun place but decided being wet and muddy to keep going up the road.

Long story short being the only person stupid enough to ride out there in those conditions I was being chased up and down the road by mamasans and their flock of girls in the rain.

Was offered 2 cute girls for $ 5. 00 and thought this to b the best $ 5. 00 investment ever when another mamasan topped it with a 3 girls for $5. 00 special.

The girls were genuinely cute.

To this day that is my personal best pricing value.

Can't remember what I tipped but I always tip for good service.

But the rooms if you can call them that were just as Doppel One described. Planks from one leaky shed to another. Everything already wet or damp from the rain. Tin cans collected the drips. Perhaps the only thing hiding the rats, cockroaches, and who knows what, was the darkness and candle light.

But the excitement of the storm, the kind of human electricity it put into the girls was amazing. I still consider t one of my best all time mongering experiences. The girls were fantastic and super charged from being stuck inside by the rain.

Like Doppel One I've mongered all over the world.

Paying closer to 1000.00 in New York for a night with a Ukranian catwalk model. But I was young and drunk at the time with a job that paid stupid money. It was the 'new normal' at the time for the real Russian models in New York.

BTW I'm not American just worked a bit there.

Often the adventure mongering, the hunt, the discovery leads you to something awesome.

Mr Bob
06-04-10, 13:19
Gentlemen,

Enjoy!Quality! This reminds me of me.

Camboblowshooter
06-04-10, 14:06
In a newspaper report earlier this week it states; due to the sex crackdown prisons nationwide are beyond capacity.

The what Phnom area is deserted of SW evenings for at least the last week, think I know where they are.

Concerning the report on Candybar, word has it that your better watch your bill inside that place.

Cheerleaders bar has changed its name into Red bar, maybe they had better called it Wet Dog, thats how it smells inside.

It is very quiet everywhere. All massage parlors where you could get nice massages(eeuuhhh) are closed down and will remain so, nothing.ever- is going to reopen.

I think the punters got the message.

Myself so diaappionted that for the first time ever I, m thinking of leaving this country, as an expat getting laid is no problem, never even have to leave your house for it, you get many calls from girls, but., it is the general atmosphere.

I owe this country. It has been good to me. Never ever on my travels on all continents I met more kind people then here. Never ever, not even one time, have I been disturbed by Police or Military for papers or whatever, first country ever this has happened. It were peaceful years in Cambodia.

So why, why had the world of the mongers, which was so extraordinary in Cambo, to be destroyed. I believe that this country is not going to see many lone travellers in future. But then of course, this was all intentional, the mongering world had to go, and they are gone. The government of Cambodia did a great job. Now lets hope for Cambo the families with children will come and visit.

What has been destroyed in this country in the past 5/6 months is going to hurt many (business) people in their pockets, let alone the girls.

Phil Istine
06-05-10, 01:11
Billabong and the three french boutique hotels would be the only non girl friendly places in town.

Oh and the villa lanka is not that keen on sex tourists.

Those hotels have very high occupancy rates all year partly due to this policy.

Sharka
06-05-10, 01:49
Will try to close the deal these days. Was surprised that the girls were not pushy at all ...

Would love to hear others' recent experiences ...

Yeah, your story is very similar to mine when I there about 5 months ago with most of the bars in the general area by the river. No pressure to bar fine, no hassle to drink more than I should, just a casual atmosphere to talk to who I want (but problem is over half do not speak english, but makes up for it with good attitude =some do smile alot). The only "pressure" I got was one barmaid made a very sad pouting puppy face as I left without her. I felt guilty so went back and gave her an extra dollar tip--sorry if I overtipped and ruined it for the rest of you guys-ha ha.

Shark

Hummer Bird
06-05-10, 03:01
Gentlemen,

Re: the "seed factor". Oh yes, a .......e – then hey, I'd be back in a flash!

Enjoy!
Great Report Doppel One!, but I just need to add a few things.

I also have spent several months mongering and enjoying Cambo and in particular Sihanoukville. I rode my motorbike everywhere possible along the roads and day and night. But listen up guys!!
Night cruising in non-touristed and dimly if at all lit areas if very dangerous. Many scams and roadside ambushes are set to rob tourists and even locals.

I drove down to the area by the Port Doppel One is referring to. These are the chicks the boat workers and fisherman shag. Rare to get a tourist down here, and for good reasons. Seriously down the food chain and scale for rating a working girl.

1. The mamasans and many other pimps or persons of interest are all of Khmer Rouge decent. (yes believe it or not). These girls are not working of there own free will like the victory hill or many other girls.

2. The girls are Yama (Cambodias cheap meth) addicts (thus the electrifying performances!!!). As many of you already know, this particular drug is not one to expose yourself to at all, even vicariously. The chance to expose oneself to other drugging while there is certainly possible. Yes the breasts of girls are often doped.

3. The chance of getting a girl w/ HIV/ or aids is almost certain. (even if they are young). True of most of the girls in this biz anyways eh? But this is another level of STD possibilities.

4. The scene was so vile and intense that it even scared me off!, and I have visited the Blue Mountain Resorts!!! that have rooms filled w/ the most extreme sized cockroaches ever imagined. Let alone rats running around.

5. The chance for your moto being stolen while your banging away is great, unless you pay the Mamasan to have someone watch it.

6. The characters down there are the seediest of the seedy! (and I know, as I had a penchant in my younger days for traveling alone at night through the ghettos of the US "just for fun". But dressed as a mad man (don't ask).

Ok I know there is some kind of unexplainable charm to fucking in this environment, but be aware of what I listed. This information was passed down from many many different conversations w/ ex-patriots.

I would say Blue Mountain is much safer!, and there are many many clubs downtown and by the beach that offer pfp w/o such extreme dangers.
Cheers and wish I was there!!
HB

Mr Enternational
06-05-10, 04:37
I am, shall we say, a man of the world. I've fucked hundreds of girls on five different continents, not all pay4play and in my time I've had real relationships for my sins. I've fucked cat walk models, actresses, a lot of 8s, 9s, possibly even the occasional 10. But quite often when I find myself alone and in the mood to jerk off I lie back and allow the movie I have inside my head featuring sexual encounters to roll forward. I start off thinking of all the gorgeous 8s, 9s and the 10s I've fucked over the years but invariably, in order to really turn myself on my mind drifts back to that dilapidated brothel knocking the stuffing out of the 18 stone mamasan with the other two girls licking my balls and ass as the crowd cheered. Oh yes, a bit of 'seed'. You can't beat it in my book!I can definitely agree with you on that. Seems like I better make it my business to get to Cambodia.

Denom
06-06-10, 06:25
This information was passed down from many many different conversations w/ ex-patriots.These tend to be highly exaggerated. I wouldn't really rely on them. I was there quite a few times and never had a problem. Things like HIV, drugs, etc, are endemic problems that often go with prostitution.

Anyway, as a monger you need to search under every stone. I would not limit myself to just club experiences if I travel that far already, especially since you can find clubs about everywhere. It gets a little boring and superficial after a while. Chicken farms are quite specific to Cambodia and is a different experience. I would not call it better or worse, just different, and certainly way cheaper, which means you can just try out without much loss if you suspect a girl can be a good shot. Of course it can get very seedy and somewhat dangerous, but if you take reasonable precautions, should not be a problem. The attraction is not the seediness itself, but the fact that sometimes when you dig under much mud you do find pearls. Over time it can become associated with seediness but that part is not what is important.

House007
06-07-10, 08:33
Went back to Candy Bar twice one day and had one girl sitting with me. She was a bit older, not a 9 or 10, perhaps a 6, however as she was stroking my little fellow for all that time and was open to tongue-kissing and all that, I finally decided to take her long time. We agreed on 30 USDs until morning.

I stayed at the Paragon which is convenient but a bit of a turn-off that they close the outer gate at midnight which makes coming back late or going out after that time a bit inconvenient. Both the guard and the receptionist have to be woken up - GF hotel but not too accommodating in that sense.

Well, the time with the gal was really disappointing - no BJ, no penetration cuz the old "You too big" story which is bullock, no GFE when falling asleep and then at the wee hours of the night the "can I leave now" whining started. Finally, at 6 I had enough and let her go.

Went to some other bars another night, but many girls don't seem much interested in being barfined. They sit with you, talk, joke, a bit of fondling perhaps, but otherwise no indication of any sexual activity that might be on the menu later on.

Is this all the result of the crackdowns?

House007
06-07-10, 08:36
The Paragon is a fairly decent hotel and it has a great location, but I would not consider it monger-friendly, rather monger-tolerant - not even sure how long that might last as some hotels are already stating on their website that they do NOT welcome sex-tourists ...

House007
06-07-10, 08:45
Went to the Walkabout one early evening. Not too many people around but quite a few girls, some of them quite attractive. Lots of exchanging glances but almost no girl came over or made the first step - again very different to Thailand.

Finally briefly spoke to one who seemed to have a nice sexy body. Her English appeared to be better than average. She said she would do everything, whatever that might mean ;-) But would not quote me a price.

How do things work at the Walkabout? Are they all freelancers? What are reasonable rates? What do the girls offer - I am asking this as the one from Candy would not even give a BJ, which I consider almost minimum when going with a P4P-chick.

Are there decent and safe shorttime hotel, guesthouses nearby, one of you could recommend?

I am still so unclear on many things here and find it hard to find out the answers ...

Denom
06-08-10, 03:42
Well, the time with the gal was really disappointing - no BJ, no penetration cuz the old "You too big" story which is bullock, no GFE when falling asleep and then at the wee hours of the night the "can I leave now" whining started. Finally, at 6 I had enough and let her go.Jeez, that would [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) me off and I would not pay her the agreed price as this is a sort of breach of (even tacit) agreement already. I would give her maybe $10 and kick her ass out. If she agrees to go with you the least she could allow is penetration. The early morning can I leave now is to be expected, though, albeit not deserving a tip unless she has been exceptional in bed.

Denom
06-08-10, 04:06
How do things work at the Walkabout? Are they all freelancers? What are reasonable rates? What do the girls offer - I am asking this as the one from Candy would not even give a BJ, which I consider almost minimum when going with a P4P-chick.Yes they are all freelancers. I am not good with going rates anymore because most of the girls to be found nowadays rarely go higher than 6 so I don't bother taking them home but personally my maximum would be $30 all night unless the girl is an 8. $40 for an 8, $50 or $60 for a 9. I would gladly pay $100+ for a 10 if I would find one, which I don't. Long time ago it was easy to find 8-10 for just $5 to $10! Shows the way the place went downhill.

I think you should try Martini. My guess is that you would find the biggest choice of girls there (all freelancers), but don't expect anything higher than 7. Last time I passed by Guest House Nr 9 by the lake I saw a couple of very decent girls, but that's unusual cause not really a monger destination. For GF guest house why don't you try... the walkabout?

Phil Istine
06-12-10, 11:54
Went on a couple of tours withe the late, lamented scotsman.

Started on the road a long the ridge and worked our way back from the far end.

As the prices got cheaper,and the locations shittier,the boys barred up.

By the end, down on the port everyone had another one,and it was best of all!

Purpletaoist
06-12-10, 15:49
The do "massage".

Purpletaoist The Heaven Hotel is open again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct, however the name is now Hotel Ka Reach. As I had the impression you also wanted to say the massage was open again, decided to check it out this afternoon, as I was not inside their (massage parlor 1st floor) for over a year...before I got off my motorbike the guard already came running toward me waving his arms ; no massage, no massage!!! But you can get a room to sleep starting price is 10 bucks, corner of street 148 and 19. However be advised, you get what you pay for. Crappy rooms. Beds well used in the past by the massage girls...

No massage parlor in any place that has been closed due to the sex crackdown in PP has -to my knowledge- re-opended. None.

But generally the girls in any bar are (very) hungry for your dollar. The looks they give me evening time when I pass with the bike...priceless.

Phil Istine
06-13-10, 03:37
Playing bar girl lotto can be disappointing, many are not hard core hos.

This is not Thailand.

Walkabou different story, ten to twenty dollars max.

Girls should be performers there.

Still get some new ones passing through at odd times seeking a few bucks, they have real jobs but no money.

House007
06-13-10, 11:58
i constantly read about foreigners being arrested for having sex with **** girls. and i am not talking about very young girls here. supposedly, a frenchman was arrested for having sex with a girl who had an id stating she was 20 at that time. however, she was only 16. that is scary.

so how can one be sure or isn't there just a being sure-thing.
just looking at it like this.
the girl looks older than 18.
the girl confirms that she is 18+.
she has an id stating that she is 18+

but
her id is not her id but the pic could be her.
all numbers are in khmer.
the hotel or guesthouse lets her in after checking the id.

what are the chances of setups if taking a girl from walkabout, martini or any of the bars?

went on a bar-tour with a buddy but he was too scared to bf a gal. they looked over 18 but then who knows.
one even had a passport, but when asked, the year in the passport and the one she said did not match, although i think the passport was legit.

damn confusing and damn scary. who wants to end up in a prison cell here and be black-marked for the rest of his life cuz the girl was one month shy of being 18.

looking for others' take on this ...

House007
06-13-10, 17:34
In today's online ed of the PP-post: (this is not the full article)

PHNOM Penh Municipal Court on Thursday found three men guilty of purchasing child prostitution in a case involving a woman whose age has been disputed by prosecutors and defence lawyers.

The three defendants in the case – 53-year-old businessman Meas Chanthoeun, 49-year-old Ken Sen and 32-year-old Chan Pov – each received three-year sentences that were suspended to 18 months.

Court officials spent hours debating the victim’s age, and two family books were entered as evidence. One book said that she was born in 1991, indicating that she would have been 18 at the time of the raid, whereas another said that she was born in 1995, indicating that she would have been 14.

Presiding judge Ke Sokhan said Thursday that the court had determined that the victim was younger than 18 at the time of the incident. The verdict he read out did not include any reference to compensation.

Unquote

Gosh, this is not sex with kiddies. Do girls really look like 19 when they are 14? So, she might actually have been 18+ but the court decided that she was younger. Is all this to scare potential punters away ...?

Lee66
06-13-10, 19:33
good reasons to stay away from cambodia

Roguesta
06-14-10, 01:54
Most ids, in Cambodia, are off by a couple of years. Many parents change their children's ids so that they can legally work to get money for the family. Even the prime minister's id is wrong. He wanted to join the Khmer Rouge, but he was too young. As far as women go, my advice would be to go with someone who looks to be solidly in her mid-twenties. Going with someone who appears to be 18 is asking for trouble.

Fred Gold
06-14-10, 05:36
Most ids, in Cambodia, are off by a couple of years. Many parents change their children's ids so that they can legally work to get money for the family. Even the prime minister's id is wrong. He wanted to join the Khmer Rouge, but he was too young. As far as women go, my advice would be to go with someone who looks to be solidly in her mid-twenties. Going with someone who appears to be 18 is asking for trouble.Good thinking and I will take it.

NylonHoles
06-15-10, 17:14
I was coming into Phnom Phen in a few days and was reading the reports on here and on Trip Advisor.

Several people are complaining about stolen items from their rooms including from the lock box.

It was enough for me to change my domicile for my Phnom Phen stay. I am not sure if I will get a girl friendly hotel or not but I would rather rent a short time hotel instead of risking my laptop and digital camera.

House007
06-16-10, 00:44
I was coming into Phnom Phen in a few days and was reading the reports on here and on Trip Advisor.

Several people are complaining about stolen items from their rooms including from the lock box.

It was enough for me to change my domicile for my Phnom Phen stay. I am not sure if I will get a girl friendly hotel or not but I would rather rent a short time hotel instead of risking my laptop and digital camera.

I stayed at the Flamingo towards the end of last year. Rooms have an in-room safe or at least the one I stayed in. Nothing was stolen.
A friend of mine recently stayed at the Paragon. They have safety deposit boxes downstairs at the reception. No problem.
Currently I am staying at an inexpensive guesthouse near the Russian embassy. No problems so far and I often leave my laptop out.

If you mean items stolen by overnight or short time visitors, this might be a different story. In such case I would lock my laptop or digital camera in my suitcase for that time.

Using a short time hotel for P4P activities is of course a good idea.

AlLostInSpace13
06-16-10, 04:17

I stayed there in January. One day I booked a tour guide and while waiting for him in the lobby I realized that I forgot something, so I rush to my room to fetch it and hurried back downstairs.
After the tour was finished I returned to my room discovered that my in-room safety deposit box was opened and my money was lying on the bed! I counted the money and everything was there. So it turned out that in my mad dash up to my room and down I had forgotten to put away my valueables properly - that's the only logical explanation that I can arrive to.

So I would say Flamingos staff is honest.

Spaceman

Phil Istine
06-17-10, 14:07
Generally a hostess will not rob you but a freelancer may well.

It happened to me long ago, wasnt that bad though!

Short time hotels are everywhere and are a good option.

The girls know where they are, and the rates.

House007
06-18-10, 02:35
Generally a hostess will not rob you but a freelancer may well.

It happened to me long ago, wasnt that bad though!

Short time hotels are everywhere and are a good option.

The girls know where they are, and the rates.

I was quoted 5 USD by 2 diff girls on diff occasions - as I have not tried them yet, I can't speak about quality and whether these 5 bucks are for 1 hr only or a ST-period like 2 or 3 hrs.

If anyone knows any recommendable ones near 136 or 104 street or near the Walkabout or Martini, I'd be interested.
Thanks.

House007
06-18-10, 02:48
Entered a bar in 104 street with a buddy. Without being too sure, the bar was one of the last ones on the right when coming from the riverfront.

From the outside it all seemed very normal. As we walked in, some girls followed us and we ordered a beer each. Soon we found ourselves sitting next to a girl each who seemed to be on the young side. My friend's one snuggled up a bit and tried to make conversation, mine kept her distance. As the minutes passed, these girls appeared younger and younger. In retrospect, I would say 14 or 15 but with Asians it is often diff to tell. We started to feel very uncomfortable but it was all rather bizarre and we were not completely sure.

Then a more mature woman came over and sat next to me. I actually found her quite attractive, she might have been in her late 20ies or rather early 30ies. My buddy thought overhearing that this was the girl's mum - of course no telling whether real or just bar mum.

Anyway, we soon fled the scene. What a weird situation. I mean no way we expected any of this when entering the bar and it was not obvious either.

Has anyone experienced sth similar or were the two of us just paranoid and these gals were actually 18?

Hermes Pan
06-18-10, 15:18
I could write a detailed report extolling how many girls licked my balls or how many times I came but I find these graphic reports both boring an not useful. I have only so much time and want the facts succinct.

So, here we go.

I have been coming to Cambodia since 1993. I have worked here for one year here and two years there. I have, in addition, come almost every year, sometimes several times.

Cambodia has turned to shit compared to the nineties.

What is worse?

Male-female ratio. It's now a seller's market. AT Martini and Sharkey you might as well take a number.

No more brothels. Hun Sen has had them closed. There is one semi-brothel near Phsar Thmei (run by a Frenchman), but it is take-out only. $30 short-time.

No more massage parlours. Ditto, closed

Old. And not just in years, I mean they have been on game for 5-8 years. Sometimes I see 'girls' I knew in 1998!

Poor service. I have girls rationing how many times I can cum in an all-nighter.

Stings. Is she really 18, or is she three days short? Geez, she doesn't have a birth certificate, so let's guess. Do you have a very big wallet?

Expensive. $35 all-night is not uncommon now. Even $40

If you are a rich Asian tourist who likes to throw his money around, drink whiskey in KTVs and tip girls just to sit with you. PNH is great. All the best girls have gone upmarket. But for the working class bloke with a few dollars in his pocket who just wants to get laid- Cambodia is finished. For expats, tourists and local men.

Cambodia had the opportunity to become the playground of Asia. But it has gone the way of India and Vietnam rather than the way of Thailand and Indonesia when it comes to P4P. Part of this I believe is political, partly cultural. And of course a lot of it economic. Cambodia relies on foreign aid.

Phil Istine
06-21-10, 15:30
Sorry but some bullshit here.

Girls 14 or 15 years old on st 104-crap.

Thirty or forty dollars a night-crap.

Things have never been so tight here.

No more massage places.crap.

I have been to the walkabou in the daytime the last couple of days and I have seen a couple of honeys-thats enough for me.

I do live here but I don't get out much but I wsh that I still did.

Randy Rooster
06-22-10, 09:50
So, here we go.

I have been coming to Cambodia since 1993. I have worked here for one year here and two years there. I have, in addition, come almost every year, sometimes several times.

Cambodia has turned to shit compared to the nineties.If as I suggested a few months ago, the reason for the crackdown was the potential loss of revenue to the government, then the Trafficking in Persons Report -2010 which has finally been released may provide some slack.

(see http://www.state.gov/g/tip/rls/tiprpt/2010/142759.htm page down to Cambodia)

This report raised Cambodia to Level 2 which is better than Thailand or Vietnam. It reports an improvement that should get more money for the government as they were scheduled to lose funds due to the poor record. What it will do to the NGOs I don't know. But i hope it takes some of the pressure off of the leader.

Certainly the last couple of years have not been good for mongers. Maybe it really started with Sophia's and went downhill from there. I have only been hanging out there the past 5 years or so, so i can't talk about the "good old days", but I have very fond memories and wish I could go back to the Spring of 2005.

RR

Sharka
06-23-10, 23:24
Truth is I don't know if it will ever get better to the point of the good old days as I've been a regular to PP and only notice it going down every single year without exception. It's now at a point where just when you don't think it'll get any worse, it has.

At this point it's probably near the bottom in terms of mongering so , I think it can only get better from here.

In fact, I'm starting to long for the days when the St 104 houses would come back in full force to steal my wallet/money--oh how I long for those days now.

Shark

Phil Istine
06-28-10, 08:49
Had a pretty big night out last night.

Very wet and hot and sticky-so was the weather.

Went to the usual haunts,all disappointing except HOD.

Pretty empty there but several very nice looking ladies.

However very khmer crowd including at least one dangerous looking character.

Martinis also very quiet with no real lookers.

AfAsia
06-29-10, 03:10
However very khmer crowd including at least one dangerous looking character.

One of the few clubs i did not venture to during my Sept 09 trip. Don`t believe anybody has mentioned any problems on the forum. However, i was warned about the Khmers at HOD. Has anybody ever had problems there?

Sammon
06-29-10, 04:06
One of the few clubs i did not venture to during my Sept 09 trip. Don`t believe anybody has mentioned any problems on the forum. However, i was warned about the Khmers at HOD. Has anybody ever had problems there?
HOD used to be a drug dealing place and fights used to take place between local people ending up with gun fights. Nowadays they have Security frisk everyody before entering. It is pretty safe but beware of some girls there who have local boyfriends. Not all girls there are available. Some come with their boyfriends. You will not find those in walkabout which is 50 yards away on the same street.
Having said that still plenty of girls go there to be picked up. Just use your judgement and you will be safe.

Phil Istine
06-29-10, 06:21
Hod is always dangerous.

Rich and powerful khmers are not frisked, so there are often weapons in there.

Not good place to get pissed.

But it had a really good selection of girls the other night.

Not all of these girls are hard core workers, many are part timers who may have a real job in the daytime.

But there are also girls there who will rob you, it happened to me.

After two am there are lots of bar girls there.

Sharka
06-30-10, 23:07
Hod is always dangerous.

Rich and powerful khmers are not frisked, so there are often weapons in there.

Absolutely correct.
Witness it for myself on last visit. Some monger tried to pick up a chick already spoken for tagging along with some local playboy. This rich local guy had 2 friends (or I believe they were his bodyguards) and they both whipped out guns to intimidate the monger. Well, long story short, the monger ran away out the door faster than roadrunner.

Shark

Strikesfun
07-01-10, 21:16
The recent reports suggest the PP is lost its night life? I have not been and continue to plan on a trip be there about 10 days. Most of my time in the past has been in Phil and Thailand. All the locations are changing and I am thinking that fun can still be had. I do some club activitiy and street and yes it is understood rates are no longer $10-20.

Hummer Bird
07-02-10, 06:46
If it is true that the rates are no longer 10-20, then screw flying all the way over there. I can get full service 30+ min for 40.00 here in the states. The easy access, home sweet home, and no fucking criminals (including cops) to deal with. Sure I have to be careful, but if the rates have REALLY changed then adios PP.
HB

House007
07-02-10, 16:16
If it is true that the rates are no longer 10-20, then screw flying all the way over there. I can get full service 30+ min for 40.00 here in the states. The easy access, home sweet home, and no fucking criminals (including cops) to deal with. Sure I have to be careful, but if the rates have REALLY changed then adios PP.
HB

Flying to PP or Cambo in general 4 sex - I could not see why unless time and money are no issue. If you come to see Cambo and hope 4 a bit of action on the side, that is a different reason.

4 sex only I would still prefer Thailand or perhaps the PI, but Cambo - certainly not.

Phil Istine
07-03-10, 02:22
Good.

The more that stay away the better it is for us.

My mate has been turning up some gems lately.

He went to the sky lounge in rue pasteur, south of st 154.

Only five girls but one was begging him to take her and offering anal.

That can't be bad.

Daddy San
07-03-10, 14:40
He went to the sky lounge in rue pasteur, south of st 154...

Can you pls be a little more specific?
Is that the name of the place?

House007
07-03-10, 16:56
Good.
Only five girls but one was begging him to take her and offering anal.

Offering doesn't necessarily mean doing ;-)
And what - he turned her down, or ???

Girls begging to be taken is not the problem - the problem is whether one will have a fairly good time.

I am also sure that all this is different if you live here longtime and have time to develop contacts, but for holidays ... :-(

Phil Istine
07-04-10, 14:11
This is all heresay bit it sounds good to me.

AlLostInSpace13
07-05-10, 04:28
I think it was initially the Green Hotel. That's the one right next to Walkabout. It is now called the Blue Tongue. The California design lobby looks good. Flamingos' internet stopped working, so I went searching for wifi and discovered Blue Tongue.
I haven't seen the rooms yet, but wifi is solid.

Spaceman

Mealticket
07-05-10, 04:32
Martinis also very quiet with no real lookers.So this is how the world , the PP part of it anyway , ends.

AlLostInSpace13
07-05-10, 04:38
I went to Sharky's searching for that one lady that I did not make connection on my last trip - waited 'til 10pm, she wasn't there. Btw, the place wasn't packed when I got there, but it got better after.
I then went to HOD. This must be low season, 'cause the place was half empty (or half full). My favorite lady bartender has been replaced - darn! I got some winks and a chubby chic tried to pick me up - no thanks. All-in-all nothing to write home about.
By midnight, I was really tired and retreated to Walkabout. Nothing caught my attention there either (which was expected), but then a young thing walked by. She was okay when compared to the rest of the talents. I made a proposal and was countered $25 for ST. No thanks. Went back to hotel and had a great sleep.

Today I will have an afternoon nap for sure. Need to stay up past midnight to get good pussy.

Spaceman

Dinghy
07-06-10, 00:12
$25 ST?? - she was dreaming or on yaba

Mealticket
07-06-10, 02:25
a young thing walked by. She was okay when compared to the rest of the talents. I made a proposal and was countered $25 for ST. No thanks.Now when your time is done you can say, "I'm glad I saved that $25 on the hot young girl that one night in PP"

What is that a tank of gas in the US, or not even?

AlLostInSpace13
07-06-10, 02:59
$25 ST?? - she was dreaming or on yaba

I would have counter offered normally, but was just too tired to negotiate.

AlLostInSpace13
07-06-10, 03:13
Went to the genocide meseum to give my regards in the morning. Did some reading during the day. Went to the Central Market but got lost because part of it is under construction. Eventually found my favourite roadside cafe and had a steaming cup of espresso - I do not agree with the ice in PP. Went to my favourite dim sum place for lunch. Finished my day at the Walkabout. Played pool with one of the girls and got royally beaten up. Walked back to Flamingos for a $15 ST.
Had a nap and woke up at 10pm. Went to Sharky for supper. Darn! Ran into that chubby chick again! Yes, I'll meet you at the HOD later on... (next life may be). There were a couple of nice looking faces with appropriate bodies, but they were all taken.
Went to Rose bar. My main squeeze was already with someone, so I took her friend Anna instead. I did look around but failed to spot anyone interesting. The kitchener was already closed, so we went to Candy bar for food. I kept buying her drinks and got her half drunk. We retired to the hotel and slept through the night. She left at 7am. I gave her $30.

Spaceman

Tunang0102
07-10-10, 04:41
After reading many posts here, it seems to me nowadays in Phnom Penh, it's common/fair to pay 15$~20$ for ST (1~2 hours) and 25~30$ for a night. Is this correct?

Camboblowshooter
07-10-10, 21:20
Tunang0102,

After reading many posts here, it seems to me nowadays in Phnom Penh, it's common/fair to pay 15$~20$ for ST (1~2 hours) and 25~30$ for a night. Is this correct?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct.

Certainly if you are not living here. Cheap is finished.

Dinghy
07-11-10, 05:30
well mealticket - you have obviously fallen into the "cvompared to prices atr home..." line of BULLSHIITE. Prices may have gone up 50% at MOST so that brings the ST to about 15 to 18 and LT to maybe 22 or so. I frankly don't CARE how much a bit of mutual sloppy body friction compares in price against a tank of benzin. What does it cost in general in CAMBODIA?? Value for cost...

Mealticket
07-14-10, 02:45
Certainly if you are not living here. Cheap is finished.See, I knew it!

Happy Salmon
07-16-10, 21:48
As a semi permanent Cambo resident, I have to agree the place has gone downhill. I don't think it's awful, but it doesn't stand out much anymore, at least not in SE Asia. It seems to have happened across the board, at least as far as the Western oriented clubs are concerned. The smaller bars in 136 st, Candybar, 104 st, Martini's... And the cause is largely the anti-hetero-sex politics that are being implemented by chief of morals HS, which means drunken agressive cops scaring the girls and all sorts of other nastiness. In short life as a hooker has become a lot tougher, and when it's tough in Cambodia, it's tough. And this makes the more attractive girls do other things. The girls seem markedly more scared than before, and probably with good reason.

Compared to a couple of years ago there seems to be very little fresh talent, the new attractive young girls are so rare they're usually arrogant and don't like to give it away. The best new girls mainly seem to be there as cockteasers, you really need to work and be a local or have some other edge to get laid with them. In fact the best available girls now seem to be the ones that are left from the cream of the crop a couple of years ago. I had some nice experiences at Domino's recently though, but maybe it was just my good luck.

You know it's bad when the girls you used to screw a lot brush you off. And that happened to Leena at Martini's, whose tight snatch I used to slam all the time before. She used to complain my cock was too big for her some times, but still she'd fuck me and lie there writhing, clutching the sheets, moaning, eyes rolling in sweet pain (or whatever it feels like...). Now she doesn't even want me anymore. The girls seem more scared of each other too. I found a very nice fresh looker at Martini's, but since an average girl had leeched onto me, that was all the excuse she needed, I was taken, so she didn't want to get involved in anything. It's very hard for me to screw more than one attractive girl at once at each place now, even the girls higher up in the girly-hierarchy seem to need excuses when they want me from an average lower ranked female I just talk to (pretending to know me already so they're not cutting in line, mainly). My current main viet skank at Martini's even told me not to go there anymore. I told her to fuck off ofcourse, but just the fact that she had the nerve says a lot about the scene.

I'd still recommend Phnom Penh for visa runs from Thailand or a stop if you're in SEA though, it's not that horrible. You just need to be prepared to give more effort, and you'll be lucky to get the same quality as a few years back.

Redlord59
07-17-10, 01:52
This has been for sure my last mongering trip to PP!

NewYork Hotel is getting a dump.

Walkabout a real crappy place with some drug junkies trying desperately to sell their pussy to anybody entering the place.

The roads are dirty and smelly, the traffic dangerous and crazy, pollution at high level.

Nothing else to do in the city during the daytime.

Some lookers (non everynight) could be found at the Sharky's Bar, but you must be lucky to come in when they are not already taken. The remaining pussy crowd around in the bar is not so interesting. Good food anyway!.

Martini's is gone forever: boring and dead most of the nights in the week.

About the ladies attitudes: mostly short times for 20$. Can negotiate down to 15$ if you want to loose 5 min of your holiday time dealing with a hooker for a price of a burger!. What a crap!.

Definitely: Phnom Penh Bye Bye FOREVER!