PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Smoothy
06-19-15, 03:47
What a target could be are expatriates living in other Asian cities. They are usually with a family, so 2 adults with 2/3 kids coming to Bali for a weekend are now saving at least US 140.

Sure, perhaps it's a small amount in the bigger scheme of things, but it could be that with that small "saving" some families might pull the trigger on doing that 1 additional trip down to Bali for the long weekend where they usually just stayed home in Singapore / Hong Kong / Shanghai / Beijing / Taipei etc etc.

Not that I see them reaching 500.000 additional pax with that alone but ah well, it's a start.Good point. I'm single so I am always thinking from that perspective. That would be a good savings for a family of four.

Tomasb
06-19-15, 05:55
I was told yesterday by an Indonesian that Aussies are exempt from the visa payment waiver law and still have to pony up $30.

If true, then they forgot to note that Aussies and Chinese are the number one and two visitors to Bali though sometimes they switch positions or so I heard.

Perhaps visa runners from other countries that now might consider to do the visa run TO Indonesia?

Member #4410
06-19-15, 09:14
I also had a reserved seat but the call centre guys were insisting that I pay through card online and it was not possible to pay at the airport. I didn't want to take chance hence I did. You can try your luck at the airport.Well, I just checked in for tomorrow's flight via internet and printed my boarding pass. I'll see what happens. What I don't understand is why your airline insisted on gettting the money from you before allowing you to check in. The departure tax has nothing to do with an airline as far as I know.

Smoothy
06-19-15, 11:51
Well, I just checked in for tomorrow's flight via internet and printed my boarding pass. I'll see what happens. What I don't understand is why your airline insisted on gettting the money from you before allowing you to check in. The departure tax has nothing to do with an airline as far as I know.From what I understand, every airport in the world has that charge included in the ticket. Indonesia was just one of the few countries that split that cost out as a separate cost until recently. I know that when I route my flights through Singapore that I pay less for the ticket if I transit through Singapore than if I stop in Singapore for a day then continue on my journey the next day. They tell me that's airport tax for Singapore due to the stop.

IllusionHeart
06-19-15, 16:20
Well, I just checked in for tomorrow's flight via internet and printed my boarding pass. I'll see what happens. What I don't understand is why your airline insisted on gettting the money from you before allowing you to check in. The departure tax has nothing to do with an airline as far as I know.I couldn't check in when I was trying and it threw a message on my mobile app as well as website to contact the helpline. As I had bought my ticket in Singapore they charged me approx SGD 15 on my card. Post this I was able to check in online. I few Air Asia.

As you already have been able to check in and get a boarding pass you now have the option to pay the tax at the airport it seems.

ChuckPup
06-20-15, 03:32
I was told yesterday by an Indonesian that Aussies are exempt from the visa payment waiver law and still have to pony up $30.

If true, then they forgot to note that Aussies and Chinese are the number one and two visitors to Bali though sometimes they switch positions or so I heard.Reportedly its because the Australian Government has refused reciprocal rights, but there is speculation that its also related to the ongoing tensions with the current Australian government.

Member #4410
06-21-15, 18:15
I couldn't check in when I was trying and it threw a message on my mobile app as well as website to contact the helpline. As I had bought my ticket in Singapore they charged me approx SGD 15 on my card. Post this I was able to check in online. I few Air Asia.

As you already have been able to check in and get a boarding pass you now have the option to pay the tax at the airport it seems.Correct, although there was a little confusion at the airport at first. The people at the information desk told me I didn't have to pay but at the counter they told me this was only for tickets purchased after March 1. Mine was bought in January so I did not qualify and had to pay after all. No further obstacles apart from chronic understaffing at the counters.

WildBillLewis
09-12-15, 22:38
Guidance from for the Brotherhood please: I am gearing up for a 100 day city-hopping trip starting mid-January. I have drafted a plan that includes Singapore, Indonesia (mostly likely Batam and Bali), Malaysia (mostly likely Kuching and Kota Kinabalu), Thailand (several locations in the south, avoiding Udon Thani because of the reported crackdown), Cambodia (Siem Reap, Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh for sure), Vietnam (tentatively Saigon, Nha Trang, the Nang, Hue, Hanoi and HaLong Bay), Hong Kong, Macau and the Philippines (Angeles City, Puerto Galera and Boracay). Should be fun.

Having sketched out the plan and done a preliminary budget, I am now looking to refine and firm things up. I've been to Thailand, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Macau, but never to Indonesia. Since this is the Indonesia forum, I was hoping to benefit from a little guidance from other experienced Indonesia mongers.

I was planning to land in Singapore, spend a couple of days there, then head by ferry to Batam for five days, then back to Singapore for a quick flight to Jakarta for two days before heading off to Bali for six days. From Bali I was going to head to Kuching. I'd really appreciate in hearing suggestions re: mongering destinations in Indonesia other than Bali and Batam that I should consider.

Traveler1234
09-13-15, 00:26
I'd really appreciate in hearing suggestions re: mongering destinations in Indonesia other than Bali and Batam that I should consider.Others might have different opinion but Jakarta hands down for any Indonesia destination. Natty Bumpo recently had a string of excellent FR and the thread is up-to-date. Unless you speak Bahasa, Batam for 5 days might be overkill. Black Page is the resident Batam expert, you can read his posts in that thread.

Enjoy.

TimTimGuy
09-13-15, 04:20
Guidance from for the Brotherhood please: *snip*
I was planning to land in Singapore, spend a couple of days there, then head by ferry to Batam for five days, then back to Singapore for a quick flight to Jakarta for two days before heading off to Bali for six days. From Bali I was going to head to Kuching. I'd really appreciate in hearing suggestions re: mongering destinations in Indonesia other than Bali and Batam that I should consider.Hey WildBill. First, I envy you. Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, or to celebrate a divorce.

For Indo advice, I'm with Traveler on where to go. I'd recommend re-thinking the Batam side trip and adding more time in Jakarta. Or just add more days in the Big Durian if you can -- I think you will be glad you did.

Personally, I'm fond of Bali but haven't been there in a few years, after a disastrous relationship. Bali has much more tourism appeal, and it's easier to sit on a beach in Sanur or Legian than sit in a bar in Jakarta, but to each his own.

I really look forward to your report! Yiihaa!

D Cups
09-13-15, 14:36
Hi guys, check this out if you are interested. I found it quite compelling to go visit Indonesia because of this.

http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue10/surtees.html

WildBillLewis
09-13-15, 15:19
Others might have different opinion but Jakarta hands down for any Indonesia destination. Natty Bumpo recently had a string of excellent FR and the thread is up-to-date. Unless you speak Bahasa, Batam for 5 days might be overkill. Black Page is the resident Batam expert, you can read his posts in that thread.

Enjoy.This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for: advice (Jakarta, hands down) and leads to follow (Natty Bumpo and Black Page). I was going to have a good trip anyway, but this kind of guidance will help make it better. The voice of experience shines through. Thanks!

WildBillLewis
09-13-15, 15:36
Hey WildBill. First, I envy you. Sounds like the trip of a lifetime, or to celebrate a divorce.

For Indo advice, I'm with Traveler on where to go. I'd recommend re-thinking the Batam side trip and adding more time in Jakarta. Or just add more days in the Big Durian if you can -- I think you will be glad you did.

Personally, I'm fond of Bali but haven't been there in a few years, after a disastrous relationship. Bali has much more tourism appeal, and it's easier to sit on a beach in Sanur or Legian than sit in a bar in Jakarta, but to each his own.

I really look forward to your report! Yiihaa!I really appreciate the advice: put more time into Jakarta and less time into Batam. I can't travel to the other side of the world and cut Bali out of the equation entirely, especially since I love sitting on a beach especially if I'm sitting beside a woman in a bikini. But I'd prefer that women to be a local Asian one and the sense I get of Bali is that it is easier to hookup with an Aussie traveler than it is with a local, so I think I might shave some days off Bali to invest further in Jakarta. The voice of experience carries weight with me. Thanks!

P.S. As for the trip of a lifetime, I am planning to make this one in a series of "100 day" trips, the first one being to Asia: kind of a reward to myself for a well earned retirement. When I eventually settle down in my seventies, I want to reflect back on something more than three decades spent in an office, on the straight and narrow. Advice like yours will help me do that.

WildBillLewis
09-13-15, 16:16
Hi guys, check this out if you are interested. I found it quite compelling to go visit Indonesia because of this.

http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue10/surtees.htmlI just finished reading this. Very good.

Take, for example, the case of XXX, a pretty pecun of fifteen years of age with a junior high school education. XXX comes from a sufficiently affluent, middle class family. She began to hang out at South Jakarta Mall with her older sister who introduced her to the pecun lifestyle. Initially she would allow only peres-peres so that she could earn money for clothes, cosmetics, accessories and clubbing. XXX later spent more time at the mall and began to engage in sexual relations with the men. Young, pretty, fashionable and slightly western looking, she is very popular at the mall. She charges between Rp300,000 and Rp500,000.

Seems like malls like Blok M are pretty good places to go looking for ones like this.

Maybe hookup with a "pecun" like this in Jakarta, then take them to Bali for some fun in the sun.

UsPete
09-13-15, 22:49
I just finished reading this. Very good.

Maybe hookup with a "pecun" like this in Jakarta, then take them to Bali for some fun in the sun.I'm afraid they only place you'll find a pecun is in the politically correct world of a twisted socioligist's mind. Having previously worked in the Jakarta entertainment industry I feel that data is drivel.

WildBill -if you are planning a stopover in Batam before Jakarta you shouldn't retrace your steps to Singapore. You'll waste a day needing to slog your way through 4 immigration gates. Indeed re-entering Indonesia will raise suspicion as to your tourist status, From Nagoya Batam you should use the international airport HangNadim on a Garuda domestic flight. The airport has been built as a backup should Changi face disruption or a major threat. I take the skip of Jakarta. Batam short flights often for US $3. 57 (the domestic tax) & 10,000 air miles.

I'm a Batam regular and have lots of time for the place (compared to Singapore) but I can rarely justify a stay beyond two nights (make a note to enter by Batam Center port only) . My vote is with TimTimGuy.

The quality of the girls is far far superior in Cosmopolitan Jakarta.

WildBillLewis
09-14-15, 01:03
If you are planning a stopover in Batam before Jakarta you shouldn't retrace your steps to Singapore. From Nagoya Batam you should use the international airport HangNadim on a Garuda domestic flight. The airport has been built as a backup should Changi face disruption or a major threat.

I'm a Batam regular and have lots of time for the place (compared to Singapore) but I can rarely justify a stay beyond two nights (make a note to enter by Batam Center port only). The quality of the girls is far far superior in Cosmopolitan Jakarta.Awesome stuff. Thanks very much.

Menteng
09-25-15, 11:57
I know that several of you have received funny emails, sent by JAD. I recognized three of you from the CC but I'the like to discuss the contents of those emails. Please PM me.

LifeIsABeach
10-10-15, 05:01
Is it true that sale of alcohol is banned in stores? Is it just hard liquor or also includes sale of beer and wine? I like to keep some in the refrigerator in the room for myself and guests. As regulations may be different in Jakarta and Bali, please separate your repliers to Jakarta and Bali. Thank you.

DeeKa
10-14-15, 11:06
Is it true that sale of alcohol is banned in stores? Is it just hard liquor or also includes sale of beer and wine? I like to keep some in the refrigerator in the room for myself and guests. As regulations may be different in Jakarta and Bali, please separate your repliers to Jakarta and Bali. Thank you.In Bali, at least where I'm now. Legian - all small shops still sell beer.

Hard liquor I didn't have a look.

Dee.

BuleNakal
10-16-15, 08:10
Is it true that sale of alcohol is banned in stores? Is it just hard liquor or also includes sale of beer and wine? I like to keep some in the refrigerator in the room for myself and guests. As regulations may be different in Jakarta and Bali, please separate your repliers to Jakarta and Bali. Thank you.Just returned from several weeks in Indonesia.

In Bali, I found that the alcohol sales were still pretty much the same as usual, only a few places outside of the busy tourist areas weren't selling it, but it was just a matter of going to the next alpha or indo mart.

Didn't get to Jkta on this trip, but spent a short time in Surabaya, different story there, even with a local friend and a car it wasn't easy to buy booze (beer or spirits).

Luckily I had been warned and took a couple of bottles that took away the urgency.

Dark Passenger
10-18-15, 22:46
Seeing if bringing in some vibrators / dildos for my lady friends is going to be an issue?

John Aldrich
10-19-15, 19:30
Seeing if bringing in some vibrators / dildos for my lady friends is going to be an issue?Never at all. You can put it in your check in bag. It's also freely available in Indonesia, just in case you feel insecure. I have picked it up in Jakarta, Bali, Bandung and Yogya.

BuleNakal
10-29-15, 09:51
Has anyone heard anything more about this?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/australian-tourists-holidaying-in-bali-could-be-arrested-for-sleeping-together-under-proposed-new-laws/story-fntzq3qq-1227530763736?sv=45a291827cca862880b4772ab1d0bf4b

Or this?

http://balipedia.com/bali-news/immigration-cracking-down-on-visa-runs

ChuckPup
10-29-15, 22:39
The second article is talking about the enforcement procedures that have recently been put in place to stop foreigners working illegally in Indonesia. Even though it talks about two visits, if you're visiting months apart, and clearly not doing visa runs to Sg or KL, then you won't have a problem.

DeeKa
11-04-15, 11:24

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/world/australian-tourists-holidaying-in-bali-could-be-arrested-for-sleeping-together-under-proposed-new-laws/story-fntzq3qq-1227530763736?sv=45a291827cca862880b4772ab1d0bf4b

Or this?

http://balipedia.com/bali-news/immigration-cracking-down-on-visa-runsThe order has been withdrawn.

Unfortunately the unlocking site I use doesn't allow me to upload pictures.

Dee.

Member #4537
11-04-15, 11:51

Or this?

http://balipedia.com/bali-news/immigration-cracking-down-on-visa-runsFortunately for us long-term sexpats who have our own income from overseas there is a way around this.

Some biro jasas (visa agents) can arrange legitimate KITAS where you don't need to leave the country at all, but it will cost around 50 million / year. Nobody will question you in the airport. Another cheaper option is the Multiple-Entry Business Visa where you need to leave the country every 60 days, but I'm not too sure how much that one costs.

I used to get hassled a lot about my constant visa runs (even though I had proof my income was all from overseas).

Yes, they've temporarily revoked their decision to block visa runners, but definitely it will be back sooner or later. The new government seems to be dead on with their nationalism stance and are eager to limit the amount of foreigners coming here.

MasBule
11-05-15, 03:14
Some biro jasas (visa agents) can arrange legitimate KITAS where you don't need to leave the country at all, but it will cost around 50 million / year. Nobody will question you in the airport. Another cheaper option is the Multiple-Entry Business Visa where you need to leave the country every 60 days, but I'm not too sure how much that one costs.Or get yourself a big title and you don't need to leave for 5 years, still KITAS not KITAP though.

ChelseaGrin
11-07-15, 20:40
Visiting Jakarta for the first time, have a couple of questions:

1. What's the weather like in Dec? Could the rains be too disruptive to travel during this time?

2. What's the best place for currency conversion?

MasBule
11-10-15, 02:13

1. What's the weather like in Dec? Could the rains be too disruptive to travel during this time?

2. What's the best place for currency conversion?Weather like an tropical country. Nice mornings, hot and steamy after the monsoonal mid arvo rains. Restrictive flooding occurs once or twice a year, otherwise you still can easily get around, you may get an occasional wet shoe but it won't stop you getting your dick wet.

Best rate anywhere in the city, and has been for a very long time is VIP money changer in Cikini, google 'VIP money changer'. A short stroll from the Jalan Jaksa area and reasonably easy to get to by taxi from north or South Jakarta. You will see ojek drivers coming in there with 100 m rupiah in their backpacks. Quite an experience to see the amount of money they transact (launder?) through there. Its busier and bigger than the biggest bank I've been to in Jakarta.

Menteng
11-10-15, 10:52

2. What's the best place for currency conversion?Why don't you use ATM's. That way you don't have to carry (a lot of) cash and in case you get mugged, you will not loose all that cash in one occasion.

Lost99
11-11-15, 04:45
Why don't you use ATM's. That way you don't have to carry (a lot of) cash and in case you get mugged, you will not loose all that cash in one occasion.Unless you have an ATM card with a local Indo bank, you will be paying a transaction fee every time, which gets annoying. You are also hostage to whatever exchange rate the local bank wishes to charge you.

I have an HSBC card which I use basically for travelling to Asia without any transaction fee. The problem is there are not too many branches in Jakarta (luckily there is a branch right beside Malioboro).

I've had no issues bringing cash and keeping it in my hotel safe. I just exchange what I need for Rupiah as I needed. Sure I could get mugged, but I've been a boxer all my life and anyone able to wrestle cash away from we wouldn't come unscathed and would have earned it.

The best money exchange place I found in North Jakarta is in Globe Plaza, on Jl. Samhanudi a few blocks from Classic hotel. The whole lower floor is fully of money changers and you can ask around for the best rate. I usually goto the Chinese money changer on the right side at the very back; they seem to give the best rate to attract customers to crappy location in the Plaza.

LA Guy 5
11-11-15, 05:04
Unless you have an ATM card with a local Indo bank, you will be paying a transaction fee every time, which gets annoying. You are also hostage to whatever exchange rate the local bank wishes to charge you.

I have an HSBC card which I use basically for travelling to Asia without any transaction fee. The problem is there are not too many branches in Jakarta (luckily there is a branch right beside Malioboro).

I've had no issues bringing cash and keeping it in my hotel safe. I just exchange what I need for Rupiah as I needed. Sure I could get mugged, but I've been a boxer all my life and anyone able to wrestle cash away from we wouldn't come unscathed and would have earned it.

The best money exchange place I found in North Jakarta is in Globe Plaza, on Jl. Samhanudi a few blocks from Classic hotel. The whole lower floor is fully of money changers and you can ask around for the best rate. I usually goto the Chinese money changer on the right side at the very back; they seem to give the best rate to attract customers to crappy location in the Plaza.My ATM card from Schwab Bank rebates the transaction fee, including on virtually any ATM overseas, and doesn't have currency conversion charges. I don't know if there are others with these benefits, but using my ATM card makes things a lot easier than carrying a lot of cash, particularly when combined with a Capital One or Chase Bank credit card without currency conversion charges.

DeeKa
11-11-15, 15:56
Unless you have an ATM card with a local Indo bank, you will be paying a transaction fee every time, which gets annoying. You are also hostage to whatever exchange rate the local bank wishes to charge you.
I haven't been quoted any transaction fees if not using the bank clerk.

The ATMs in Thailand add THB 150 / THB 180 to every transaction but in Indonesia I haven't had any charges. Anyway my bank (Germany. DKB) returns them and also returns the bank clerk charges in case the ATMs are not working.

Dee.

ChuckPup
11-11-15, 22:15
I have a Citibank debit card which has no fees gives the same, or better, exchange rate as the money changers and can be used in all ATMs. I just use it for travelling and transfer only the money to it that I want so if its stolen or compromised my losses are limited.

ChelseaGrin
11-21-15, 07:15
This is a bit late, but thanks for answering my questions guys! I'm all set for my first trip next month!

Behemoth
11-22-15, 06:14
Hello forum members.

Jakarta newbie here. I'm opting for a visa on arrival in Jan and wanted to know if a leave letter is mandatory for this. Will be landing at CGK airport. The embassy site seems a bit dated so wanted to confirm the terms and conditions for VoA.

DeeKa
11-23-15, 12:46
Hello forum members.

Jakarta newbie here. I'm opting for a visa on arrival in Jan and wanted to know if a leave letter is mandatory for this. Will be landing at CGK airport. The embassy site seems a bit dated so wanted to confirm the terms and conditions for VoA.Just hold the $35 in your hand and you get the VOA-sticker, then proceed to immigration desk.

Dee.

LA Guy 5
11-23-15, 14:32
Just hold the $35 in your hand and you get the VOA-sticker, then proceed to immigration desk.

Dee.Unless things have changed in the last few weeks, they did away with the $35 fee for tourists. So, if you are a tourist you just go directly to the immigration line for foreigners; I say unless things have changed in the last few weeks because when the government decided to stop collecting the $35 from tourists, there was some question about whether this was allowed by Indonesian law. Accordingly, I suppose it is possible a court would reinstate the fee at some point although the last two times I entered Indonesia they were not collecting it.

On the other hand if you are there on business, you still need to go to the VOA window with $35 before going to immigration, at least theoretically (during the first few days of the new policy, it seems they weren't very concerned about collecting the $35 from anyone; I don't know if that has since changed).

Ceegee
11-23-15, 14:42
Things could be different depending where you arrive. In Jakarta a week ago, a friend went to usual VOA counter and no fee was charged. Importantly, did not have to then join 'normal' immigration line afterwards, fast tracked straight through. VOA is the way to go at the moment.

Just hold the $35 in your hand and you get the VOA-sticker, then proceed to immigration desk.

Dee.

John Aldrich
11-23-15, 15:41
Hello forum members.

Jakarta newbie here. I'm opting for a visa on arrival in Jan and wanted to know if a leave letter is mandatory for this. Will be landing at CGK airport. The embassy site seems a bit dated so wanted to confirm the terms and conditions for VoA.Depends on which country you belong to, the following categories of Visa's are issued.

A) Visa free entry. Recently the government decided to offer Visa free entry to quite a few countries. In this category, you do not need to pay anything, but, get the Visa free entry stamped at the counter in the arrival port. This facility is restricted to certain set of ports in Indonesia. This visa free entry allows you to stay in Indonesia for 30 days and cannot be extended.

B) Visa on arrival: There are a few countries who do not fall under the above category. They will have to pay USD 35 on arrival and get the Visa on arrival sticker and proceed to immigration. They can stay for 30 days and the visa can be extended for a further period of 30 days.

C) Social visit visa / tourist visa: There are many countries who are not listed in the above two categories. In this category, you will have to visit the Indonesian embassy in your country of domicile and provide either an invitation letter from a legal resident / citizen of Indonesia or provide your bank statement and a few other documents and apply for this category of Visa. The normal stay granted is 90 days, which can be extended within Indonesia for a further limited period. Citizens of the above two categories are also entitled to your obtain this visa.

You may Google and check for details from the immigration website, as to which category you belong to. The website is regularly updated with the latest information most of the time.

Behemoth
11-23-15, 19:25
Thank you all for the replies. I checked the site and see that my country does require a VoA. Also, I'm looking for a tourist visa (6 day stay only), so I suppose the $35 fee, passport with 6+ months validity and a confirmed return ticket should suffice, right?

ChuckPup
11-23-15, 22:20
There are very few people that have to pay the VOA now, most notably Australian passport holders.

Ceegee
11-24-15, 08:37
Recently the fee was dropped for Australia as well. At least arriving in Jakarta.

There are very few people that have to pay the VOA now, most notably Australian passport holders.

Member #4410
11-24-15, 12:53
Thank you all for the replies. I checked the site and see that my country does require a VoA. Also, I'm looking for a tourist visa (6 day stay only), so I suppose the $35 fee, passport with 6+ months validity and a confirmed return ticket should suffice, right?For that amount you might just as well apply for a 30 day visa. No additional cost and may come in handy, for whatever reason.

Member #4410
11-24-15, 12:57
Things could be different depending where you arrive. In Jakarta a week ago, a friend went to usual VOA counter and no fee was charged. Importantly, did not have to then join 'normal' immigration line afterwards, fast tracked straight through. VOA is the way to go at the moment.Same here last Saturday, arriving from the Netherlands. After you get your stamp you walk behind the counter to the bagage carrousel, where the wait for your luggage takes more time than getting the VoA.

ChuckPup
11-24-15, 21:28
CeeGee, there was a proposal to drop the VOA for Aussies as well but it didn't go through. If you haven't paid it your a lucky bloke!

Ceegee
11-25-15, 11:19
Hmm, ok, was an Aussie friend of mine, I guess he slipped through the well oiled Indonesian machine without paying.

CeeGee, there was a proposal to drop the VOA for Aussies as well but it didn't go through. If you haven't paid it your a lucky bloke!

MasBule
11-27-15, 03:13
Hmm, ok, was an Aussie friend of mine, I guess he slipped through the well oiled Indonesian machine without paying.Maybe he got a VOA in SYD or MEL and he didn't know what it was.

Garuda offers a VOA at point of embarkation at some major airports flying into Jakarta and DPS. Quite a useful service actually. (if they still do it, I havent had a VOA for many years)

ChuckPup
11-28-15, 07:21
Unfortunately Garuda are no longer able to provide that service as the government has stopped providing the immigration officials that used to do it on the plane. Such a shame!

IndoSniper
12-01-15, 19:49
Hello everyone,

I've recently relocated to Jakarta for work, and I"m temporarily based out of Tangerang.

I've managed to find a few nearby spots for fun, but not being very familiar with the area I'm not sure if there is something better or if its worth it for me to venture out further?

I don't want to talk to colleagues as discretion is very important to me.

I"m just getting used to this Crazy Jakarta Traffic, and honestly I can't believe how much time you waste when you travel to a nearby suburb!

Since I'm on a tight schedule for these few weeks, anyone familiar with 'fun' places near Tangerang?

MasBule
12-02-15, 04:00
Hello everyone,

I've recently relocated to Jakarta for work, and I"m temporarily based out of Tangerang.

I've managed to find a few nearby spots for fun, but not being very familiar with the area I'm not sure if there is something better or if its worth it for me to venture out further?

I don't want to talk to colleagues as discretion is very important to me.

I"m just getting used to this Crazy Jakarta Traffic, and honestly I can't believe how much time you waste when you travel to a nearby suburb!

Since I'm on a tight schedule for these few weeks, anyone familiar with 'fun' places near Tangerang?Thats your first post ever on the board?

Anyway, same question was asked about 3 mths ago by someone called 'JimmyB89' - whom never thanked anyone for the replies, nor any followup reports or info from him.

My advice, do RTFF, also post some info of your experiences in Jakarta so far, and gain some credibility.

Then I am sure there is a wealth of info to be shared of fun places (also define 'fun' - ie. Bars for FL's, brothels, karoake clubs, malls for pickups, Massage ++, meeting places for Tagged / Badoo / WeChat dates and a a nominal budget helps).

IndoSniper
12-02-15, 04:35
Thats your first post ever on the board?

Anyway, same question was asked about 3 mths ago by someone called 'JimmyB89' - whom never thanked anyone for the replies, nor any followup reports or info from him.

My advice, do RTFF, also post some info of your experiences in Jakarta so far, and gain some credibility.

Then I am sure there is a wealth of info to be shared of fun places (also define 'fun' - ie. Bars for FL's, brothels, karoake clubs, malls for pickups, Massage ++, meeting places for Tagged / Badoo / WeChat dates and a a nominal budget helps).Thank you for your warm Welcome Mr. MasBule.

Is everyone here so kind and welcoming? Or are you the only exception?

If my inquiry is too difficult or troublesome for you to respond, then please do not feel obliged to.

Regards

IndoSniper
12-02-15, 04:39
Thats your first post ever on the board?

Then I am sure there is a wealth of info to be shared of fun places (also define 'fun' - ie. Bars for FL's, brothels, karoake clubs, malls for pickups, Massage ++, meeting places for Tagged / Badoo / WeChat dates and a a nominal budget helps).Dear Mr,

I am sorry to offend you so deeply with my question. Did I ask my question in the wrong place? The heading is "general info". So isn't this where I ask for general info Sir?

My English is not so good. I have been here only a few days also. I find your reply very exceptional.

MasBule
12-03-15, 02:57
Dear Mr,

I am sorry to offend you so deeply with my question. Did I ask my question in the wrong place? The heading is "general info". So isn't this where I ask for general info Sir?

My English is not so good. I have been here only a few days also. I find your reply very exceptional.I'm not offended sunshine, I am offended by the 'scrogaurd' advertisement that I see on this website however.

I will go back to my original response, and ask you. What do you define as fun? Whats your budget? How far are you willing to travel?

You mentioned you had found some fun already. Maybe tell us about that and offer advice to us. You will find on this board in every country (and in life actually) if you contribute yourself, you will get alot more responses from other contributors.

Back on topic, you have many options, mostly pijat++ and karoake in the rukos and your also close to the largest concentration of hookers in one place in Jakarta. But again depends what your into. Define your criteria then we can offer some suggestions.

Don't rule out twitter for p4 p and the dating apps for normal girls looking for extra cash. You mention english isn't your first language. As such if your non-Caucasian you will have a harder time finding girls to fuck you you for free, so the dating apps probably won't give an ROI as you'll just be one of a million punters trying to pull a quickie at lunchtime.

Back to you.

Lost99
12-03-15, 05:00
Dear Mr,

My English is not so good. I have been here only a few days also. I find your reply very exceptional.

This is the correct place to ask your question, and you shouldn't feel obliged to "contribute" before earning the right to ask questions here. Feel free to write a FR after you've gotten your feet wet so we can gain some insight.

Tangerang is near the Airport, where I could only suggest FM7 and Orchardz hotel. They have Massage / Spa service. When the traffic is not bad, then its well worth your time to head to North Jakarta to visit the more established Venues, such as Alexis and Malioboro.

Smoothy
12-03-15, 07:18
I did a simple forum search on the word "tangerang" and amazingly, it gave all the details. I think that's all masbule was suggesting.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/search.php?searchid=1485732

John Traveller
12-15-15, 06:16
I have read a lot about the immigration rules, but one thing I still wonder about. If you visit several times within a short period, is there a minimum of days you have to stay away before next visit? Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?

Smoothy
12-15-15, 09:44
I have read a lot about the immigration rules, but one thing I still wonder about. If you visit several times within a short period, is there a minimum of days you have to stay away before next visit? Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?Yes, it's allowed.

Asian MP Lover
12-16-15, 10:04
Let's say I get visa-free arrival, stay in Indonesia for 20 days, then go another country for 20 days, and then come back to Indonesia for another 20 days visa-free. Is that allowed?I have been on 30 day VOA and needed to extend. Solution? Take the first flight out to Singapore, come back in the evening and get a new 30 days VOA. Has worked multiple times.

DeeKa
12-20-15, 15:53
I have been on 30 day VOA and needed to extend. Solution? Take the first flight out to Singapore, come back in the evening and get a new 30 days VOA. Has worked multiple times.Going to Immigration and extend the Visa for another 30 days is cheaper and costs less time.

Dee.

BuleNakal
01-03-16, 04:22
Can anyone tell me where you can buy takeaway alcohol ie. Crates of beer, in Jogyakarta?

I have been told that even the large supermarkets like carrefour aren't selling it at the moment due to confusion regarding the new laws.

I'm staying in a nearby town all I can buy here is single bottle at a high price or local.

LifeIsABeach
01-14-16, 05:49
January 14th 2016:

There are reports at least two people have been killed in several blasts near the United Nations offices in Jakarta.

Six explosions were heard in the centre of the Indonesian capital and casualties were seen lying on the ground, witnesses say.

The ABC's South-East Asia correspondent Samantha Hawley was on the scene shortly after the explosions.

"It looks like two dead, that may rise as it's still a live situation," she said.

"This is one of the main city centre areas, about 50 metres from the UN building, near the main roundabout and close to the ABC offices. ".

Police were not immediately available for comment, but according to an official Jakarta police Twitter account, one explosion went off in front of a shopping centre called the Sarinah mall.

At least three casualties were seen lying on the street, according to an AFP journalist at the scene.

Gunfire was ringing out in the area afterwards, the journalist said.

A police post on a main street was damaged after six blasts were heard. More to come.

AFP / Reuters.

LifeIsABeach
01-14-16, 08:03
Jakarta (Reuters) - Militants launched a gun and bomb assault in the center of the Indonesian capital on Thursday, killing at least six people, in an attack that followed a threat by Islamic State fighters to put the country in their "spotlight", police said.

Media said six bombs went off and a Reuters witness saw police exchanging fire with gunmen. Several hours after the attacks began, the witness heard more gunfire and at least one more explosion.

One blast was in a Starbucks cafe and security forces were later seen entering the building.

"The Starbucks cafe windows are blown out. I see three dead people on the road. There has been a lull in the shooting but someone is on the roof of the building and police are aiming their guns at him," said a Reuters photographer.

Police suspected a suicide bomber was responsible for at least one of the blasts and up to 14 militant gunmen were involved in the attack, Metro TV reported.

Police snipers were deployed among hundreds of other security officers, some in armored vehicles. A bomb disposal unit was seen entering the building where the Starbucks is located, which also houses a cinema.

An office worker in a building above the Starbucks cafe, who declined to be identified, said he and fellow workers had been ordered to stay put after the first blast.

"That's when I heard the second explosion. It was loud and powerful," he said.

Indonesia has been on edge for weeks over the threat posed by Islamist militants and counter-terrorism police have launched a crackdown on people with suspected links to Islamic State.

"We have previously received a threat from Islamic State that Indonesia will be the spotlight," police spokesman Anton Charliyan told reporters. But he said police did not know who was responsible.

He said three policemen and three civilians had been killed. Media reported that a Dutch person and another foreigner were among the casualties but it was not clear if they were dead or wounded. Police said four suspected attackers were killed.

The last major militant attacks in Jakarta were in July 2009, with bombs at the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton hotels.

President Joko Widodo was outside Jakarta when the attack unfolded but was cutting shot his trip to return to the sprawling capital of more than 10 million people by helicopter.

He urged the public not to be fearful and or speculate on who was behind the attack.

"We must not be afraid, we must not be defeated by an act of terror like this," he said in televised comments.

The national intelligence agency chief said there was no indication that Islamic State militants had carried out the attack.

ALARM OVER ISLAMIC STATE.

Early in the attack, one explosion went off in front of a shopping center called the Sarinah mall, on a main avenue. Media said a police post outside the mall was blown up.

A you. And. Building was in lock-down with no one allowed in or out, a witness said. Some other high-rise buildings in the area were evacuated.

Several embassies are also in the vicinity and Indonesia's central bank, in the same area, and was going ahead with a policy meeting and a decision on interest rates would be announced as planned later in the day, a spokesman said.

Indonesia has the world's largest Muslim population, the vast majority of whom practise a moderate form of the religion.

The country saw a spate of militant attacks in the 2000's, the deadliest of which was a nightclub bombing on the holiday island of Bali that killed 202 people, most of them tourists.

Police have been largely successful in destroying domestic militant cells since then, but officials have more recently been worrying about a resurgence inspired by groups such as Islamic State and Indonesians who return after fighting with the group. Alarm in the West over the danger stemming from Islamic State rocketed after the Paris attacks in November and the killing of 14 people in California in December. But mostly Muslim nations regarded as more moderate have also been caught in the spiraling violence. On Tuesday, a Syrian suicide bomber killed 10 German tourists in Istanbul. Turkish authorities suspect the bomber had links to Islamic State and unidentified powers using the militant group.

Socker
02-08-16, 20:51
Hey Bros,

I'm heading to Thailand in a couple of months and planning things right now. I have been wanting to pop over to Jakarta but I'm leery of language issues. From what I gather reading the forum there is plenty of GFE but it's not easy to take photos like it is in the PI.

My questions,

In bars like Top Gun, My Bar or other popular monger venues is it difficult to communicate w / the ladies?

How do the cost compare w / quality pussy? Similar w / Bangkok? I talking top lookers in the bars.

Are there streets like Fields Ave or Burgos St where there is a concentration of bars in which to bar hop?

I like gogos at night, in the daytime mall action like Ayala Mall in Cebu. Are there gogos where the ladies are dancing? Nude? How are the malls for hunting?

What area is the best (easiest) place in Jakarta to start, district / hotel?

It seems Jakarta is more of a spa / massage parlor scene in which you have your fun at their location. Is this true.

Thanks in advance, if I go I will post a report w / pics.

I prefer to party and enjoy the night life w / my hooker of the day, that's my mo.

Member #4698
02-09-16, 02:36
Hi Socker,

As you know I am a BKKer. I love BKK, but I have visited Jakarta twice now for a grand total, so far, of 3 weeks and I really like the girls I met here. I am looking forward to my third trip which is coming up shortly. My feeling is that Jakarta is more a bordello (massage parlor) and nightclub town than a Go Go kind of town like BKK is although BKK has some great massage parlors and clubs too. Anyway, I think you will find the best pickings are in the bordellos (spas) and clubs associated with the bordellos. At the high end joints, prices are higher than at BKK Soapies. I am talking about Hotel Alexis and Malioboro. But I highly, highly recommend Malioboro and Malio Club. It beats any comparable place I know in BKK and is much more lively than any BKK soapy. A little less pricey are bordellos like FM1, Hotel Orchardz Grand Boutique, and King's Cross. I think you will find really nice girls in these 2nd tier places along with very reasonable rates (less expensive than comparable BKK).

Taking girls out of these bordellos is possible, but prohibitively costly. This is where FL bars come into play. I really like CJ's and to a lesser extent Bats. YMMV, but at CJ's I found a large number of FL's and semi FL's of very high quality. There is nothing comparable in BKK. Spasso or Mixx are in the same class and approximate price level, but the girls are not as numerous or as good. Climax Fl's are a bad joke when compared to CJ's FL's. But you pay large for the CJ quality although the CJ girls are good looking and very friendly so I think you will have a great LT night if you go there. You should go.

I guess that leaves the least expensive bordellos (spas) like Hotel Classic, Hotel Travel, and Hotel Melawai on the one hand and the Blok M bars on the other. Both venues are definitely worth a look see. Read the numerous trip reports on these places and do not expect too much. Think approximately Soi 6 quality and have the objective in mind of finding a diamond in the rough. It can be done. Prices are very reasonable compared to BKK.

So where to stay? Stay in the North! I suggest the Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni for its good location near many of the Bordellos mentioned above. In additon, the Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni has a spa on the 5th floor and after 10 am you can go down to the spa and select a massage girl to come to your room for an hour of massage and fun. The best selection comes after 1 pm. From this Hotel you can actually walk to Malioboro and later at night, after the traffic congestion has died down, it is a reasonable easy taxi ride south to CJ's and even further south to Blok M. Staying in the South strands you in the south because it is a very long duration taxi ride north to the Bordellos at the time you will want to go North which also is when the traffic is still very bad.

I think you are going to like Jakarta and Jakarta girls. Stick with the bordellos (spas) mainly and FL bars. If time permits check out Blok M.

Socker
02-09-16, 08:21
Hi Socker,

As you know I am a BKKer. I love BKK, but I have visited Jakarta twice now for a grand total, so far, of 3 weeks and I really like the girls I met here. I am looking forward to my third trip which is coming up shortly. My feeling is that Jakarta is more a bordello (massage parlor) and nightclub town than a Go Go kind of town like BKK is although BKK has some great massage parlors and clubs too. Anyway, I think you will find the best pickings are in the bordellos (spas) and clubs associated with the bordellos. At the high end joints, prices are higher than at BKK Soapies. I am talking about Hotel Alexis and Malioboro. But I highly, highly recommend Malioboro and Malio Club. It beats any comparable place I know in BKK and is much more lively than any BKK soapy. A little less pricey are bordellos like FM1, Hotel Orchardz Grand Boutique, and King's Cross. I think you will find really nice girls in these 2nd tier places along with very reasonable rates (less expensive than comparable BKK)..That's great info, I really appreciate it. I am going to give Jakarta some serious consideration and will check prices, air and accommodations maņana.

I'll do more searching, this forum is pretty solid.

John Traveller
02-24-16, 13:26
Anybody know a good std-clinic in Jakarta?

John Aldrich
02-24-16, 16:52
Anybody know a good std-clinic in Jakarta?Medistra in Jalan Gatot Subroto and MMC in Jalan Rasuna Said.

Kerrstar
03-23-16, 11:42
Can anyone tell me where you can buy takeaway alcohol ie. Crates of beer, in Jogyakarta?

I have been told that even the large supermarkets like carrefour aren't selling it at the moment due to confusion regarding the new laws.

I'm staying in a nearby town all I can buy here is single bottle at a high price or local.Not sure about Jogyakarta but you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets in Bandung now. It's a local law, it doesn't apply to Jakarta. You can get drinks in bars and restaurants still though.

Kerrstar
03-23-16, 11:47
That's great info, I really appreciate it. I am going to give Jakarta some serious consideration and will check prices, air and accommodations maana.

I'll do more searching, this forum is pretty solid.If you go to Jakarta I'd give Blok M a miss. I was there the other night and it was pretty quiet, mainly because there aren't that many bars left. Top Gun is still there, so is Everest, but I think there are only anther 2 or 3 left. Oscar's is shut, so is the Sportsman.

This was the first time I'd been to Block M in many years though, so some of these bars may have closed a while ago. Bit of a shame, I really used to like going there but it probably just got old like me.

BuleNakal
04-08-16, 01:26
Does anyone know where I can sample the delightful example of muscle control known as "Goyang Madura".

My interest has been rekindled by several bought (paid) with the girl who is a personal trainer at a gym in my office building.

She told me that she had gotten the muscle control through yoga exercises and bladder control, but she says that this is nothing compared to the women from Madura. I asked a local pimp and mamasan and in both cases I just wasted money paying for anal.

And don't even bother suggesting that I go to Madura and ask around.

I went there in the 90's on my first indo trip outside of Bali that time our loosen was besieged by local males that had never seen a female European before besides in a movie.

Then I went back about a year ago, I was pretty keen on a Jakarta girl who got transferred to Surabaya. So for one of our weekends together I had the bright idea that instead of going to Bali, we would drive over the bridge and see the bull races. . despite my begging the flower from Jakarta did her best to upset any one she could, first by wearing provocative clothing, then insisting on drinking with the men at the races having discrete sips of "medicine" then calling them monkeys when they refused. I really was threatened with a machete. It is the only place in Indonesia that I have been asked for proof of marriage in a hotel. I will go back again but not with a naive backpacker or a spoiled rich city girl.

And I definitely won't ask the men suggestive questions about their wives or daughters.

Tomasb
04-28-16, 03:12
I have been traveling through East and Central Java from Yogja to Malang and then by train to take the ferry to Bali.

With the exception of a one night stay in Batu, a smaller city outside Malang, I have not been able to access ISG. However, in Bali, at least on the north shore, I have sporadically been able to access ISG though it's unpredictable.

I set up a hide me proxy VPN line that worked one time on Java in Batu but does not appear to be working effectively overall.

Since I tried to set up the hide me proxy while in Java that could have dismissed its effectiveness.

Nevertheless, I wondered if BM's have encountered similar issues accessing ISG? I just wonder why I can sometimes access ISG in Bali and other times I cannot. I have not been to Kuta or south Bali on this trip. At least, not yet.

LA Guy 5
04-28-16, 04:51
I have been traveling through East and Central Java from Yogja to Malang and then by train to take the ferry to Bali.

With the exception of a one night stay in Batu, a smaller city outside Malang, I have not been able to access ISG. However, in Bali, at least on the north shore, I have sporadically been able to access ISG though it's unpredictable.

I set up a hide me proxy VPN line that worked one time on Java in Batu but does not appear to be working effectively overall.

Since I tried to set up the hide me proxy while in Java that could have dismissed its effectiveness.

Nevertheless, I wondered if BM's have encountered similar issues accessing ISG? I just wonder why I can sometimes access ISG in Bali and other times I cannot. I have not been to Kuta or south Bali on this trip. At least, not yet.I have found at some hotels in Jakart whether the site is blocked varies from day-to-day or even hour-to-hour. Other hotels just block it all the time. I have had success avoiding this by using the Pale Moon browser, and setting my location as the USA.

Tryntry
04-28-16, 09:49
I've had the pleasure of a few Madura cewe squeezes. I think it is true, many of them can blissfully squeeze you away!

Kerrstar
04-28-16, 12:47

Nevertheless, I wondered if BM's have encountered similar issues accessing ISG? I just wonder why I can sometimes access ISG in Bali and other times I cannot. I have not been to Kuta or south Bali on this trip. At least, not yet.ISG has been flagged as inappropriate by the authorities, but not all service providers follow this list and block the site. If you find the site blocked you will also find AFF and similar sites blocked. I can access from my place about 2 hours from Bandung, but in Bandung it depends on which hotel I stay at. Sometimes it's blocked and sometimes it isn't. You will see as FastNet or similar screen pop up.

Tomasb
04-28-16, 13:28
It's all very interesting as sometimes at my hotel resort in north Bali I can access ISG and other times at slightly different locations and / or times of day, it's not possible. Access also seems to vary whether I am using my IPad or IPhone. But this is related to only getting on in Bali.

When I was in Java, I was not able to get on ISG in Yogja, Borobudur, Malang, or Banyuwangi. Oddly enough when I set up my hide me VPN in Batu, I did get access for that one evening I was there.

Mongering is basically a waste of time for the cities noted above. I may have stumbled on a house of sorts in Yogyakarta but it was not for the faint of heart. In Malang, I went to this ridiculously loud disco called MyPlace. There were about a dozen girls all in similar tight red and short dresses. They all appeared pretty drunk and surrounded by local guys. I asked my bellman later about why they were wearing similar dresses and he said it was because they were doing a promotion for Marlboro. He said the girls were generally available for ST at 1. 5 m ($110 USD) but you had to arrange with their pimps who were also at the disco. Very few would speak English either.

Malang was a very nice city and prob the nicest I have spent time in during my Asia visits except for the nightlife and finding girls, which would be quite tough in my estimation.

However, the city itself, was quite clean, friendly, offered nice restaurants, some very decent neighborhoods with real sidewalks -- a vestige of its colonial Dutch history -- and was very leafy and green. It's a bit higher in altitude too so the climate was more moderate as well.

ISG has been flagged as inappropriate by the authorities, but not all service providers follow this list and block the site. If you find the site blocked you will also find AFF and similar sites blocked. I can access from my place about 2 hours from Bandung, but in Bandung it depends on which hotel I stay at. Sometimes it's blocked and sometimes it isn't. You will see as FastNet or similar screen pop up.

Tomasb
05-02-16, 14:28
As noted a few days ago, access to ISG in Bali and Java can at times be problematic. I was in Lovina for a few days and enjoyed regular access. Then I traveled to Amed, also on the north coast but on the east side. However, I was not able to access from my guest house though when I moved up the road to a reggae bar, I can access. I guess it partially depends on the setting individual establishments use rather than specific city or town locales.

Any tech people want to chime in on how government shuts downs ISG or other sites in Indonesia (or other countries).

Tomorrow, I travel to Kuta for a few days so hoping to find decent action. This trip, as expected, has really been a desert for girls or mongering in general.

I started this journey in Yogyakarta and traveled by train through East Java to a small port town where I hopped a short ferry to Bali. Unfortunately, due to the Muslim influence, most of East Java seems to have become ultra conservative. Malang was my best hope and that proved to be impenetrable (no pun intended). In Bali, a front desk guy in Lovina suggested he take me to a karaoke bar about 15 minutes east of town. So I hopped on his motorbike for what he indicated was a sure thing.

When we got there, we were led to a scuzzy little club and a few girls appeared. One was about 30 heavy, the other not bad. However, no serious touching was involved or allowed. It was like being in your girl friend's parents basement except your GF was a prude. After a few beers, I asked the cute girl if she wanted to go with me. She said cannot until 2 am. As it was 10:00 at the time, I told my driver adios. I concluded it was just a scam to buy them drinks all night. He drove me back to the hotel. There are only a few bars in Lovina and all seem pretty sedate when I returned to town. There is one disco here that was actually closed on Friday evening. Apparently, it opens only on Saturday but when I strolled by at 11:30, it was still closed.

One other thing: there have been a few reports on the Bali board that girls who have been found to carry HIV in Kuta are sent here to live. My taxi driver from West Bali mentioned this odd unsolicited premise to me as well. It does not make sense to me and sounds like an urban legend. Not only did I see very few unaccompanied girls in Lovina, it seems unlikely that a girl who was diagnosed with HIV would willingly go to live in Lovina. Plus, Kuta is mostly free lance girls and go-go's like in Bangkok don't really exist here. They have spas and massage places but not that many to speak of.

Why would the health authorities do that? It's not leprosy! Anyway, interested in more info about this peculiar exile if anyone can shed light on this.

Kerrstar
05-08-16, 12:19
As noted a few days ago, access to ISG in Bali and Java can at times be problematic. I was in Lovina for a few days and enjoyed regular access. Then I traveled to Amed, also on the north coast but on the east side. However, I was not able to access from my guest house though when I moved up the road to a reggae bar, I can access. I guess it partially depends on the setting individual establishments use rather than specific city or town locales.

Any tech people want to chime in on how government shuts downs ISG or other sites in Indonesia (or other countries).

Basically, as I believe, when a website is flagged as inappropriate the government will add that website to a list as inappropriate. This goes to the service providers. The government themselves can't block the sites, the service providers do. That's why if you move between different places and access their wifi then sometimes you can get access and sometimes not, they use different providers.

You may also find that some obscure websites that are far more inappropriate than ISG are still accessible, they haven't been flagged yet.

DCAsianLover
05-16-16, 16:39
Hi guys,

Tried posting this in the Jakarta forum but not sure it ever made it. Maybe this is a better spot. Company likely sending me to Jakarta for a week right in bbq the middle of Ramadan this year. I have RTFF and other articles but seems to be conflicting info with some saying everything is normal while others say everything closes down. Anybody have insights? Also to clarify I'm wondering about the P4P spots.

Thanks

Kerrstar
05-25-16, 17:28
Hi guys,

Tried posting this in the Jakarta forum but not sure it ever made it. Maybe this is a better spot. Company likely sending me to Jakarta for a week right in bbq the middle of Ramadan this year. I have RTFF and other articles but seems to be conflicting info with some saying everything is normal while others say everything closes down. Anybody have insights? Also to clarify I'm wondering about the P4P spots.

ThanksI'm flying out of Indonesia on 23 June because the place becomes pretty quiet. A lot of the girls head home to their villages and a lot of places shut. This year there are 5 days off in a week (4 July to 8 July), so I'm not sure why your company would send you here then. Beofre this places start to get quiet and trying to arrange meetings is pointless. Prior to the holiday most places should be kind-of normal but gradually winding down.

Shining Wit
09-13-16, 19:11
A report in yesterday's London Daily Telegraph stated that two influential Muslim political parties are introducing a bill 'outlawing the production sale and consumption of alcohol across all of Indonesia'. If passed, obviously, this would torpedo much of the tourist industry, although it would be a god-send for the tee total mongers. Short term, anyway.

No news would probably be good news, but anybody thinking of vacationing anywhere in Indonesia may wish to try some research before booking.

Just the news you want to read on a Monday.

Koperen Klaas
09-14-16, 23:00
A report in yesterday's London Daily Telegraph stated that two influential Muslim political parties are introducing a bill 'outlawing the production sale and consumption of alcohol across all of Indonesia'. If passed, obviously, this would torpedo much of the tourist industry, although it would be a god-send for the tee total mongers. Short term, anyway.

No news would probably be good news, but anybody thinking of vacationing anywhere in Indonesia may wish to try some research before booking.

Just the news you want to read on a Monday.The first casualties from bootleg liquor have already been recorded (Jakarta Post), so maybe that will give parliament something to think about. Besides that, supermarkets in shopping malls have been selling hard liquor after the ban on alcohol sales for small supermarkets and hotel bars have been exempt from the ban anyway.

Don't worry, be happy.

Regards,

Ko.

Kodja
09-28-16, 14:14
I'm arriving solo in a couple of months and wondering about the options of transport from the airport to central Jakarta area. I see blue bird, golden bird and private available.

Not too worried about the cost more interested if there is much of a difference between these choices. Last time I was in Jakarta 2013, I stopped at the Avis desk and took a private car with driver.

Any suggestions?

Behemoth
09-28-16, 16:24
I'm arriving solo in a couple of months and wondering about the options of transport from the airport to central Jakarta area. I see blue bird, golden bird and private available.

Not too worried about the cost more interested if there is much of a difference between these choices. Last time I was in Jakarta 2013, I stopped at the Avis desk and took a private car with driver.

Any suggestions?Bluebird is the cheaper than a Silverbird (fleet consists of Mercedes E / C class and the like), and reliability wise, they are both very good. They have functional meters and most drivers spoke basic English. However, they'll hesitate to give you your change back, so carry smaller denominations as well.

Never tried private ones.

Ggekko2009
09-28-16, 18:40

Any suggestions?It's more convenient to just get into bluebird or silverbird, a more luxury version, to get from the airport to your destination. To be safe, stay away from other taxi brands. Your only concern should only be the Jakarta traffic, which is notorious for its traffic jam.

Koperen Klaas
09-28-16, 21:34

Any suggestions?I always take Silver Bird. There are always huge queues for Blue Bird because they are mentioned in every travel guide and usually there are a few Silver Birds waiting for you.

Silver Birds are mostly Mercedes so you sit comfortably in the back. Cost is not prohibitive.

Regards,

Ko.

Sock111
09-29-16, 03:06
Silverbirds can cost anywhere from 300 k to 500 k depending on where you go. I haven't had any problem with just grabbing one of the random waiting taxi's. My ride was 125 k from the airport to the gajah mada area. A silver bird I took last year cost me 350 k for the same trip.

Kodja
10-27-16, 10:51
Where are the best money changers near Maliboro area?

IllusionHeart
10-27-16, 17:26
Where are the best money changers near Maliboro area?When standing outside Malioboro facing the road, take left and keep walking in the direction the vehicles are going and you will come across a few money changers. Check the card rate on any forex app or site such as Oanda or XE and you should get a good rate after factoring in the conversion charges. Also ask for a better rate compared to what they are offering and depending on the amount you are exchanging might get one. Not much rate difference between shops hence can exchange from the first shop you come across. Usually the crisper 100 USD bills will get you best rates, at least I negotiated and got.

LA Guy 5
10-27-16, 23:55

Any suggestions?I always take Silver Birds, one of the best taxi bargains in the world. Better drivers than the average Bluebird (Silver Bird drivers have to work for Bluebird a couple of years and then be promoted); better cars (often Mercedes with automatic transmissions while Blue Birds have clutches, which with many drivers can result in a rather rough ride in traffic), and the likelihood of an English speaking driver is greater with a Silver Bird (although many do not speak English).

To central Jakarta the price will run between 300,000 rupiah to about 375,000 depending on traffic (waiting time in traffic adds to the cost). That comes to less than $30 US.

One last thing. If you take a Silver Bird, you should get it at the clearly-marked Silver Bird stand, which should be to the left as you leave the terminal. Some unscrupulous touts just outside the terminal may claim if they think you are a newbie to be Silver Bird drivers when they are not.

Amnesia
11-01-16, 13:52
I'll go on a 6-8 weeks vacation and looking for a destination to stay at, country and city. I used to live in Bangkok some years and traveled Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Philippines, Singapore. Since I'll stay longer than just two weeks, I'm looking for a good mix of:

- freebies / dating / pickup: Money isn't an issue, I just enjoy chasing normal girls and having some around. It's just a different experience.

- pros / nightlife: Likewise, I appreciate the convenience of P4P infrastructure when a date went wrong or you just want to pay-and-fuck-and-go.

- relaxation / infrastructure: It's still a vacation and I need to recharge my batteries, so it shouldn't be something completely rural and wild-west. Doesn't necessarily have to be a large city though.

I'm currently leaning towards:

- Philippines: Not sure where exactly, but believe it could be a good mix of all.

- Indonesia: Spent five days in Jakarta before and had some freebies; eager to explore the city / country more.

- Thailand: Always a good mix of all of above.

What do you think?

NewImage
11-04-16, 09:20
I'll go on a 6-8 weeks vacation and looking for a destination to stay at, country and city. I used to live in Bangkok some years and traveled Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Philippines, Singapore. Since I'll stay longer than just two weeks, I'm looking for a good mix of:

- freebies / dating / pickup: Money isn't an issue, I just enjoy chasing normal girls and having some around. It's just a different experience.

- pros / nightlife: Likewise, I appreciate the convenience of P4P infrastructure when a date went wrong or you just want to pay-and-fuck-and-go.

- relaxation / infrastructure: It's still a vacation and I need to recharge my batteries, so it shouldn't be something completely rural and wild-west. Doesn't necessarily have to be a large city though.

I'm currently leaning towards:

- Philippines: Not sure where exactly, but believe it could be a good mix of all.

- Indonesia: Spent five days in Jakarta before and had some freebies; eager to explore the city / country more.

- Thailand: Always a good mix of all of above.

What do you think?"I used to live in Bangkok some years and traveled Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Philippines, Singapore. " So when you went to these places did you walk around with your eyes closed. Or have you forgotten. Or?

Question is too broad anyway.

Curtains
11-12-16, 11:19
It's been a while since I have been in Jakarta and I'm heading there soon but planning to travel light so I was wondering what the dress code is for places like Maliboro, Alexis, CJ's etc.

I understand that Indonesian men tend to dress well with tailored trousers and long sleeve shirts but can I wear a clean fashionable t shirt or must your wear a collar? Are there any restrictions on trousers or shoes?

This information would really help as I am limited with luggage this visit.

Robert Long
11-12-16, 18:43
It's been a while since I have been in Jakarta and I'm heading there soon but planning to travel light so I was wondering what the dress code is for places like Maliboro, Alexis, CJ's etc.

I understand that Indonesian men tend to dress well with tailored trousers and long sleeve shirts but can I wear a clean fashionable t shirt or must your wear a collar? Are there any restrictions on trousers or shoes?

This information would really help as I am limited with luggage this visit.The old saying about while in Rome applies here. You need long pants and a collared shirt. Tee shirts and cargo shorts would not be appropriate.

RL.

Robert Long
11-12-16, 18:48

Any suggestions?Or you can take one of the many bus's like Gambir to the central train station in Jakarta, and get a taxi from there to your hotel. The bus was 20,000 rp. Traffic hell just keeps getting worst in Jakarta.

RL.

Haggis Man
11-13-16, 12:02
Or you can take one of the many bus's like Gambir to the central train station in Jakarta, and get a taxi from there to your hotel. The bus was 20,000 rp. Traffic hell just keeps getting worst in Jakarta.

RL.If not mistaken the Damri from the Airport CGK to Gambir is 40,000 RP one way.

ChuckNorris85
11-17-16, 04:22

This information would really help as I am limited with luggage this visit.

The old saying about while in Rome applies here. You need long pants and a collared shirt. Tee shirts and cargo shorts would not be appropriate.

RL.Umm, Really? I presume you are a local and you would know better but I have been in this country for a couple of weeks now. Have ventured out of work *only* in my casuals, tees, denims, cargos et al and not for a moment felt out of place anywhere. Heck, The women I see around wear shorts, mini dresses, hot pants et al. Anything and everything that I have been a witness to in the West. The conservative wearing you-know-who's co-exist and walk around freely with the others I mentioned about. Of course I haven't been to the Ghettos but I don't think the question was about any of those places either.

Chuck.

Smoothy
11-17-16, 05:27
Umm, Really? I presume you are a local and you would know better but I have been in this country for a couple of weeks now. Have ventured out of work *only* in my casuals, tees, denims, cargos et al and not for a moment felt out of place anywhere. Heck, The women I see around wear shorts, mini dresses, hot pants et al. Anything and everything that I have been a witness to in the West. The conservative wearing you-know-who's co-exist and walk around freely with the others I mentioned about. Of course I haven't been to the Ghettos but I don't think the question was about any of those places either.

Chuck.Have you been to the places listed in the question? CJs for example. I don't think I have ever seen a guy in there wearing shorts. Yes you can wear jeans, and possibly a t-shirt. But it's pretty standard that anyone in there wears a shirt with a collar. I did see an Indian guy wearing a shiny silver woman's dress the other night for a Bachelor party. But it was a pretty nice dress.

I was at Dragonfly not too long ago and some guy was trying to get in wearing a v-neck undershirt type of shirt. They refused to let him in and told him he had to have a collar on his shirt. They forced him to rent a shirt from them and the shirt looked like crap. It was hilarious. The guy was seriously pissed off.

During Ramadan, most places make you dress fairly nicely. I wear shorts often walking around Jakarta, but walking around in shorts during Ramadan is frowned upon. We had a friend try wearing shorts to BATS during Ramadan. They refused to allow him in. He had to borrow a ridiculous looking huge pair of cargo pants from the hotel.

If going to a place like CJs, I always wear a shirt with a collar and normally fairly nice jeans. Alexis or Malioboro, I don't worry about how I dress.

Zuka55
11-18-16, 22:12
If not mistaken the Damri from the Airport CGK to Gambir is 40,000 RP one way.The bus is 40 thousands indeed. Must have been 20 thousand 10 years ago maybe.

Smoothy
11-19-16, 06:45
The bus is 40 thousands indeed. Must have been 20 thousand 10 years ago maybe.For sure it is 40 k. I took that bus one time. It took me over an hour longer to get home than it takes me with a taxi. In my opinion, it's not worth saving 10 usd taking that bus.

Manfield04
11-19-16, 18:25
I have taken the Damri bus from the airport to Gambir bus station twice. One way fare is IDR 40 k. It took around 10 minutes more than the taxi I took on previous trips. The taxi, not metered ones, had charged IDR 150 k. From Gambir station, I took an Ojek to my hotel. The Ojek took around 10 minutes and charges IDR 20 k. So, the total fare was IDR 60 k from the airport to my hotel and I reached the hotel around 20 minutes later than a taxi.

Smoothy
11-20-16, 09:44
I took an Ojek to my hotel. You may be the only person who travels without luggage allowing you to take an ojek when arriving from the airport.

As far as a Damri bus taking only 10 minutes more than a taxi, unless you are taking that bus from terminal 3 (very few flights are arriving in terminal 3 yet since it's new), that is not accurate. Those buses spend about 5 to 10 minutes in each terminal. If you start at terminal 1, it then goes to 2 then to 3 before it even leaves. So if starting from Terminal 1, it takes about 20 minutes to a half hour before it even leaves the airport. Maybe you jumped on the bus in terminal 3 just as it was leaving that terminal. However, the bus then takes the side road with traffic on the way instead of the highway the entire way. It literally took me at least an hour longer than with a taxi the one time I tried it (total trip time including taxi from bus station). I took it to Blok M station then took a taxi from there. And it was a pain in the ass dragging my luggage to where the taxis were at Blok M. The taxi cost me another 30k for a total of 70k. Totally not worth it in my opinion. For me, paying another 100k is no big deal for the convenience and time saving. I guess it depends on your situation.

Manfield04
11-20-16, 10:03
Well, I always travel with a hand bag. I don't carry suitcases. Garuda Indonesia uses Terminal 2, so I took the Damri bus from there. My plane landed at 20;35 and I came out of the airport at around 20;55. I think Gambir station is nearer than Block M, not sure.

It's not about paying an additional IDR 100 k. Most of the time I am approached by illegal taxi, I. E. , private cars working as taxis.

You may be the only person who travels without luggage allowing you to take an ojek when arriving from the airport.

Smoothy
11-20-16, 16:10
Well, I always travel with a hand bag. I don't carry suitcases. Garuda Indonesia uses Terminal 2, so I took the Damri bus from there. My plane landed at 20;35 and I came out of the airport at around 20;55. I think Gambir station is nearer than Block M, not sure.

It's not about paying an additional IDR 100 k. Most of the time I am approached by illegal taxi, I. E. , private cars working as taxis.Just curious. If saving money is the point, why would you fly an expensive airline like Garuda then take a Damri bus? I never fly Garuda, it's relatively cost prohibitive.

Manfield04
11-20-16, 17:25
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's not about paying the extra IDR 100 k but the bunch of illegal taxi drivers who will not leave you in peace. I just quietly walk to the bus station to catch the Damri bus. On three previous visits I took the illegal taxi, they will pester you with so many questions and ask for tips or toll charge etc. Well, to each his own.

Just curious. If saving money is the point, why would you fly an expensive airline like Garuda then take a Damri bus? I never fly Garuda, it's relatively cost prohibitive.

LA Guy 5
11-20-16, 19:37
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's not about paying the extra IDR 100 k but the bunch of illegal taxi drivers who will not leave you in peace. I just quietly walk to the bus station to catch the Damri bus. On three previous visits I took the illegal taxi, they will pester you with so many questions and ask for tips or toll charge etc. Well, to each his own.Rather than an illegal taxi you could either grab a Bluebird, or if that is too expensive I understand there are a lot of Ubers available at a cheaper price from the airport (but I haven't tried one so haven't confirmed it is easy to get one from there).

Manfield04
11-20-16, 20:06
Thanks for your advice. You think I don't know that I can catch a blue bird taxi. Well, had it been so easy, I would have done it. Have I committed a crime by travelling by Damri Bus? So many travel by this means of transport. I see so many people questioning my choice. Common on, as I said before, to each his own.

Rather than an illegal taxi you could either grab a Bluebird, or if that is too expensive I understand there are a lot of Ubers available at a cheaper price from the airport (but I haven't tried one so haven't confirmed it is easy to get one from there).

Smoothy
11-20-16, 20:34
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's not about paying the extra IDR 100 k but the bunch of illegal taxi drivers who will not leave you in peace. I just quietly walk to the bus station to catch the Damri bus. On three previous visits I took the illegal taxi, they will pester you with so many questions and ask for tips or toll charge etc. Well, to each his own.Interesting. I've arrived in Jakarta over 100 times over the years. Never once have I ever taken an "illegal" taxi. Are you talking about those idiots who run up to you and ask if you want a taxi as you are walking? I totally ignore those guys. There are plenty of "legal" taxis waiting in line there.

Manfield04
11-22-16, 20:50
May be the time of the day you arrive there are plenty of legal taxis waiting in line, I didn't find any on two occasions when I had to take Damri bus. Other times I have taken private (illegal) taxis. When I travel from my hotel to different places in.

Jakarta, I always take the Blue Bird taxi.

Never once have I ever taken an "illegal" taxi. Are you talking about those idiots who run up to you and ask if you want a taxi as you are walking? I totally ignore those guys. There are plenty of "legal" taxis waiting in line there.

Fast Eddie 48
11-23-16, 03:00
May be the time of the day you arrive there are plenty of legal taxis waiting in line, I didn't find any on two occasions when I had to take Damri bus. Other times I have taken private (illegal) taxis. When I travel from my hotel to different places in.

Jakarta, I always take the Blue Bird taxi.To Manfield04.

I always find bluebird even after midnight at the airport last time I take a private taxi to Kota we agree on 120 k w toll, I take Damri bus before never again it take too long bus made many stop along the way to Gambir stop at the security check point police search the bus, if you have a lot of luggage just take the taxi there are no space for baggage.

Fast Eddie 48.

LA Guy 5
11-24-16, 09:57
Thanks for your advice. You think I don't know that I can catch a blue bird taxi. Well, had it been so easy, I would have done it. Have I committed a crime by travelling by Damri Bus? So many travel by this means of transport. I see so many people questioning my choice. Common on, as I said before, to each his own.I have never had a problem getting a legal taxi from the airport and I would hate for Jakarta newbies to read your posts and then think there is some sort of problem getting legal taxis from there. As to your inability to do so, I can only speculate about what your problem is.

Kodja
11-24-16, 11:19
I just want to get safely from the airport to Gajah Mada in a weeks time. I don't want to pay too much but I don't want the trip to take too long either. I'm hoping to hit the ground running near Gajah Mada and either "high tail" to Classic or Maliboro ASAP as possible!

Manfield04
11-24-16, 18:46
Thank you very much for your post. I too will never recommend any punter to read your posts either as I don't care about your speculation or your opinion whatsoever on somebody's choice. I am a free man living in a free world. I respect the taste and choice of an individual. To each his own.

I have never had a problem getting a legal taxi from the airport and I would hate for Jakarta newbies to read your posts and then think there is some sort of problem getting legal taxis from there. As to your inability to do so, I can only speculate about what your problem is.

Psychman
11-24-16, 23:56
Thank you very much for your post. I too will never recommend any punter to read your posts either as I don't care about your speculation or your opinion whatsoever on somebody's choice. I am a free man living in a free world. I respect the taste and choice of an individual. To each his own.OK. As three or four others have said, there is NO problem getting legal taxis at the airport. This has nothing to do with individual choice; they exist in spades as you leave the baggage claim.

ThingStick
12-07-16, 09:21
Howdy,

Seeking hotels near Grand Wijaya, since I'll be based in the South and won't be trekking up north. I've been told to just focus on Wijaya spas as I'll only have a few days.

Anyone have solid recommendations for around the $50 mark?

Daunting amount of properties.

Cheers.

ThingStick
12-08-16, 09:40
Update: I bit the bullet and booked the 101 near Wijaya.

Smoothy
12-10-16, 04:04
Update: I bit the bullet and booked the 101 near Wijaya.Good choice. The Happy Inn is ok and cheaper, but 101 is much better.

Koperen Klaas
12-18-16, 01:50
The visa procedure has returned to where it was some 20 years ago, at least for citizens of the list for visa-free entry.

After arrival you walk past all counters, straight to one of the immigration desks for foreigners. The officer asks two questions: "How long will you stay?" and "Why do you visit? After answering these questions you get a free stamp in your passport (as long as you answered less than 30 days) and you can go and collect your luggage. Couldn't be more simple.

Regards,

Ko.

Goferring
01-14-17, 21:18
I'm on my way and have a few on line friends lined up for some good times when I arrive.

In all reality, I know that there will be times when the flesh is weak and bareback will be on the cards. The older / married ones are on KB so it's no big deal but the younger / student types are not. I've learnt that keeping anything a secret in Indonesia is impossible so I'm not kidding myself that I will be able to hide my true identity from someone who wants or needs to find it.

The problem is that if I get anyone pregnant in Indonesia it will cause very significant personal and professional issues for me. Does any one know of some locally available, quick acting contraceptives that can be taken or applied before or after the act that have a decent effectiveness?

Ceegee
01-15-17, 06:43
IMO the biggest risk to revealing your identity is yourself! Get yourself a cheap smart phone for $50, a new SIM card, a fake name and cover story about your personal and professional life. Keep all your mongering to the mongering phone, never contaminate your regular phone. When you leave, do a factory reset on the mongering phone to wipe it and throw the SIM away. Throw the mongering phone away too if your personal situation back home requires. Poof, you no longer exist.

Tell them you do not have facebook or any social media because you don't believe in it. Take the bag tags off your luggage, be careful where you throw away your boarding pass. What is written on the login screen of your computer? Or your regular phone? It is common here for people to carry 2 phones.

No reasonable hotel is going to reveal your identity, unless she bribes somebody, but if she is sucking your dick for cash she probably does not have the means to do that. Don't let a girl check in to the hotel with you. Don't let her see any room service bills.

It can be done, I have been doing it for a long time.

I'm on my way and have a few on line friends lined up for some good times when I arrive.

In all reality, I know that there will be times when the flesh is weak and bareback will be on the cards. The older / married ones are on KB so it's no big deal but the younger / student types are not. I've learnt that keeping anything a secret in Indonesia is impossible so I'm not kidding myself that I will be able to hide my true identity from someone who wants or needs to find it.

The problem is that if I get anyone pregnant in Indonesia it will cause very significant personal and professional issues for me. Does any one know of some locally available, quick acting contraceptives that can be taken or applied before or after the act that have a decent effectiveness?

Golfinho
01-15-17, 07:16
on line friends lined up for some good times when I arrive. but the younger / student types are not.
The problem is that if I get anyone pregnant in Indonesia it will cause very significant personal and professional issues for me. Does any one know of some locally available?Like it won't cause very significant personal issues for a younger / student type you lined up for some good times. Either use a condom, vasectomy yourself or otherwise quit acting like a self-involved creep. Sheesh.

Red Kilt
01-15-17, 10:59
<SNIP>
The problem is that if I get anyone pregnant in Indonesia it will cause very significant personal and professional issues for me. Does any one know of some locally available, quick acting contraceptives that can be taken or applied before or after the act that have a decent effectiveness?The best and most secure contraceptive is for you to get vasectomized (unless you're still a young guy and intend to have more deliberate offspring).

It will take a mere few hours out of your day and after around a week or two (probably less if you jack off a lot), all those pesky little critters with the long tails will be history and you can bang away with no fear of anything (except a dreaded STD of course, but that's another story).

I have been "done" for 26 years and I walked home from the clinic with no adverse effects. Despite what some fear-mongers say, there was absolutely zero difference afterwards in my libido, horniness, interest in women etc. It was actually better because all risk of pregnancies was removed.

Goferring
01-16-17, 09:46
IMO the biggest risk to revealing your identity is yourself! Get yourself a cheap smart phone for $50, a new SIM card, a fake name and cover story about your personal and professional life. Keep all your mongering to the mongering phone, never contaminate your regular phone. When you leave, do a factory reset on the mongering phone to wipe it and throw the SIM away. Throw the mongering phone away too if your personal situation back home requires. Poof, you no longer existThanks but I remain unconvinced that my ID can can truly be hidden from the girls that I contact and in the places that I travel to. Everyone has a cousin who works in the hotel / a school friend who recognizes you at the office etc etc.

An accident would also severely affect the girls and therefore limit or prevent me from returning to the areas where they live. Many of these areas I need to be able to return to for personal or professional reasons.

Its great if it works for you but I'm not in a position to totally rely on it.

Goferring
01-16-17, 09:52
Either use a condom, vasectomy yourself or otherwise quit acting like a self-involved creep. Sheesh.Thanks for your kind words. I suggest you reread my post to find that my intent is specifically not to get anyone pregnant for both my and her benefit.

Goferring
01-16-17, 10:01
The best and most secure contraceptive is for you to get vasectomized (unless you're still a young guy and intend to have more deliberate offspring).I've returned home in the past and explained "lost" phones before. Even days of IT failure and excessive spending.

But someone accidentally cutting my balls out may be a tad harder sell.

Don't worry, the subject has been broached but in the medium term it just ain't going to happen. Unfortunately.

Cheers.

Hihi Ster
01-17-17, 04:08
But someone accidentally cutting my balls out may be a tad harder sell.

Cheers.Not necessarily, have you seen the movie Hangover? Weird stuff on drunken benders have been known to happen.

Menteng
01-17-17, 07:40
Thanks for your kind words. I suggest you reread my post to find that my intent is specifically not to get anyone pregnant for both my and her benefit.I agree that a vasectomy is the solution. And that operation does not mean that it will be impossible to have kids, one day. They just reconnect the tube through which the polliwogs leave your body.

So what's the problem?

Goferring
01-18-17, 03:21
So what's the problem?I agree and I would have one tomorrow. However the ball and chain at home is still clutching at straws that we will still have more kids.

Following on from my reply to RK, "I'm just going to Asia for a couple of months and need to have a Vas" or "Sorry you can't have kids because I had a V three years ago and forgot to tell you" could get messy.

So given the comments to date, am I correct in saying Indonesia has no day after Pill options?

Hihi Ster
01-18-17, 04:33
I agree and I would have one tomorrow. However the ball and chain at home is still clutching at straws that we will still have more kids.

Following on from my reply to RK, "I'm just going to Asia for a couple of months and need to have a Vas" or "Sorry you can't have kids because I had a V three years ago and forgot to tell you" could get messy.

So given the comments to date, am I correct in saying Indonesia has no day after Pill options?Postinor (2) is available in Pharmacy's, officially on doctors prescription but you should be able to find one who's willing to sell you one without. Even if not, doctors prescriptions aren't exactly hard to get.

Worst comes to worst you can even buy misoprostol.

Boarer
01-18-17, 09:09

The problem is that if I get anyone pregnant in Indonesia it will cause very significant personal and professional issues for me. Does any one know of some locally available, quick acting contraceptives that can be taken or applied before or after the act that have a decent effectiveness?Someone famously said Just Say No. Or don't do it. Quick glance it looks like you know the ropes. Film, foam, sponge and gel come to mind, from the distant past. Just don't finish inside. Precoated raincoat for many reasons. If that leaks, you need cooperation for the other options. Just plan ahead for the medicine side. It is not difficult to source and can be mailed in, for a price. I heard hush hush professional interventions are available in Jakarta at least. Again, no guarantee of cooperation for the later options.

Snip snip a little safer.

Goferring
01-19-17, 02:53
Postinor (2) is available in Pharmacy's, officially on doctors prescription but you should be able to find one who's willing to sell you one without. Even if not, doctors prescriptions aren't exactly hard to get.

Worst comes to worst you can even buy misoprostol.Many thanks. Exactly the info I was after.

Thanks to the other replies too, even if I am unable to make use of them.

Enjoy.

Member #4716
01-26-17, 20:47
Ceegee,

I am finally going to Jakarta next week. I am a tech phobe. I use an iPhone. Do I buy a phone in Jakarta or in my home country? Also, do I get the SIM card there, too?

IMO the biggest risk to revealing your identity is yourself! Get yourself a cheap smart phone for $50, a new SIM card, a fake name and cover story about your personal and professional life. Keep all your mongering to the mongering phone, never contaminate your regular phone. When you leave, do a factory reset on the mongering phone to wipe it and throw the SIM away. Throw the mongering phone away too if your personal situation back home requires. Poof, you no longer exist.

Tell them you do not have facebook or any social media because you don't believe in it. Take the bag tags off your luggage, be careful where you throw away your boarding pass. What is written on the login screen of your computer? Or your regular phone? It is common here for people to carry 2 phones.

No reasonable hotel is going to reveal your identity, unless she bribes somebody, but if she is sucking your dick for cash she probably does not have the means to do that. Don't let a girl check in to the hotel with you. Don't let her see any room service bills.

It can be done, I have been doing it for a long time.

Ceegee
01-27-17, 03:00
Ceegee,

I am finally going to Jakarta next week. I am a tech phobe. I use an iPhone. Do I buy a phone in Jakarta or in my home country? Also, do I get the SIM card there, too?The SIM card you have to get in country. As for a second phone, depends on your situation. Can you carry around a second phone without questions at home? If so, then go for it in your home country if the phone is not somehow locked to your national carriers.

Otherwise pick up a cheap phone when you get to Jakarta. Any mall will have phone shops, if you buy a phone there buy the SIM at the same time and get them to activate it. Ask them if you can run WhatsApp on the phone. Get the cheapest one that will run WhatsApp, most of the girls will have that or some other free messenger. The phone will probably cost about US $50. Throw it out when you leave Jakarta if your home situation requires. Otherwise keep it as a second mongering phone to keep your iPhone clean. $50 is cheap insurance to make sure the girls don't message you at the wrong time.

Golfinho
01-27-17, 03:31
Ceegee,

I am finally going to Jakarta next week. I am a tech phobe. I use an iPhone. Do I buy a phone in Jakarta or in my home country? Also, do I get the SIM card there, too?Get a dual sim phone. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Ceegee
01-28-17, 12:43
Depends on your situation. I do not want any messages, pictures, apps from my mongering phone on my take home phone. Bloody phones sync everything to the cloud these days. Not for me, I just create a new temp Google account and dump it as required. Take home phone stays clean, nothing to worry about from prying eyes at home.

However, if your home situation means you can take a phone home with pics and vids of two girls blowing you until you splooge on their faces, then yeah, dual sim would be the way to go.

Get a dual sim phone. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Flyboy 2000
02-01-17, 11:04
Any suggestions as to the best carrier & deal for a prepaid SIM card in Jakarta? Only need coverage in the city itself, not further afield in Indonesia; mainly data but I suppose a decent bit of text / talk is useful, although I think many of the locals may use Whatsapp.

Wimble
02-13-17, 19:59
Any suggestions as to the best carrier & deal for a prepaid SIM card in Jakarta? Only need coverage in the city itself, not further afield in Indonesia; mainly data but I suppose a decent bit of text / talk is useful, although I think many of the locals may use Whatsapp.I only pass through. Telkomsel Simpati is my choice and I usually sign up for a large monthly data package. In Jakarta I suspect it does not make much difference. Some friends use 3 because of some low cost / free data. You might be able to buy at the airport but I always get outside tourist / hotel areas. The price varies a lot. I often have a friend get and bring to me and reimburse if my previous SIM expired. It is easy to reload.

Fast Eddie 48
02-15-17, 02:53
The SIM card you have to get in country. As for a second phone, depends on your situation. Can you carry around a second phone without questions at home? If so, then go for it in your home country if the phone is not somehow locked to your national carriers.

Otherwise pick up a cheap phone when you get to Jakarta. Any mall will have phone shops, if you buy a phone there buy the SIM at the same time and get them to activate it. Ask them if you can run WhatsApp on the phone. Get the cheapest one that will run WhatsApp, most of the girls will have that or some other free messenger. The phone will probably cost about US $50. Throw it out when you leave Jakarta if your home situation requires. Otherwise keep it as a second mongering phone to keep your iPhone clean. $50 is cheap insurance to make sure the girls don't message you at the wrong time.To Ceegee.

There are many Blackberry phone in Indo don't know why I try to get a cheap android sim phone they are expensive, so it is better to get it in Thailand or PI before you go to Indo but you can get prepaid sim card everywhere.

Fast Eddie 48.

Smoothy
02-16-17, 06:26
There are many Blackberry phone in Indo .5 years ago that was true. Not anymore. I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone using a Blackberry in Indonesia.

Stykler
02-16-17, 06:39
To Ceegee.

There are many Blackberry phone in Indo

Fast Eddie 48.You must go to a different Indonesia than I do.

Wimble
02-16-17, 07:29
5 years ago that was true. Not anymore. I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone using a Blackberry in Indonesia.All those old BB must go somewhere to die. I would have assumed west Africa and not Indo. FWIW, I like the keyboard. I make a heck of a less typos back then.

Goferring
02-16-17, 11:24
5 years ago that was true. Not anymore. I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone using a Blackberry in Indonesia.Girls quite often still quote their BB Pin but I'd suggest they use it on the App rather than a physical BB device.

John Aldrich
02-16-17, 17:15
All those old BB must go somewhere to die. I would have assumed west Africa and not Indo. FWIW, I like the keyboard. I make a heck of a less typos back then.I have lived in West Africa for 3 years and have been travelling every 3 months to West Africa. They are much more advanced in terms of phones. There are some amazing models which gets launched there and many a time it takes more than 6 months to see it in Indonesia. Especially the European and American brands. The Chinese and Korean brands get launched earlier in Indonesia. In 2010, I picked up the BB bold in Lagos and when I brought it into Indonesia, everyone was trying to covet it. It got launched a few months later in Indo. While in West Africa, it was launched on the same date when it was launched in the US.

Wimble
02-16-17, 17:41
I have lived in West Africa for 3 years and have been travelling every 3 months to West Africa.Google a news (fake news?) article "Who wants a BlackBerry these days? Millions in Africa and Asia " from 2015. I don't have stats but I can tell you I see a lot of West Africans (buying bulk used phones is various markets several times through out my travels. During my quick google, India and Indo were also listed (2014) as big used markets for the BB.

John Aldrich
02-17-17, 18:00
Google a news (fake news?) article "Who wants a BlackBerry these days? Millions in Africa and Asia " from 2015. I don't have stats but I can tell you I see a lot of West Africans (buying bulk used phones is various markets several times through out my travels. During my quick google, India and Indo were also listed (2014) as big used markets for the BB.Absolutely. The middle class and the lower middle class cannot afford new phones, since its very pricey there. I bought the BB bold gor USD 900 in Lagos and I got to know later that an unlocked phone in the US was priced at USD 625. Thats the kind of price difference. So those who aspire for these gadgets want to buy used phones, since they cannot afford new ones. But, still, there's a huge market among the rich and upper middle class and that's the reason they launch it on the same day that its launched in the US at a premium.

Eszpresszo
02-26-17, 08:15
Hey fellow mongers,

I am reading about Indonesia with curiosity. It seems to attract a loyal following, and it seems to be a place for a good monger experience judging from the posts here. My question here is: where to start? After all, Indonesia is a huge archipelago with a variety of airports serving various islands, but also cities that might be better left non visited. I'm coming from the US and there are no direct flights to Indonesia from my region. I realize people coming from Australia or Europe or even North Asia will have different options for air travel.

Jakarta is the obvious place to to arrive from North America, but it seems to have little of interest in itself. Correct me if I am wrong there. Its an obvious hub, but I am wondering about different paths to the right place.

Mind you, I am trying to plan a trip to Asia that will cover a bit more turf than my last visit, which was restricted to Thailand (and that is not a bad thing). I plan to revisit the "Land of Smiles" (though I did not see too many there) along the way but need to visit one, maybe two other countries in the region. It has occurred to me that once in Asia the travel situation will be very different and I could easily connect to Indonesian destinations from BKK, SIN or KUL. Any suggestions on preferred destinations and efficient travel routes would be appreciated. I understand mongers from Singapore are taking advantage of easy travel to Batam, which is accessible by ferry. What are your destinations of choice and how do you usually get there?

Thanks.

Offshore Swell
03-01-17, 17:12
Hey fellow mongers,

I am reading about Indonesia with curiosity. It seems to attract a loyal following, and it seems to be a place for a good monger experience judging from the posts here. My question here is: where to start? After all, Indonesia is a huge archipelago with a variety of airports serving various islands, but also cities that might be better left non visited. I'm coming from the US and there are no direct flights to Indonesia from my region. I realize people coming from Australia or Europe or even North Asia will have different options for air travel.

Jakarta is the obvious place to to arrive from North America, but it seems to have little of interest in itself. Correct me if I am wrong there. Its an obvious hub, but I am wondering about different paths to the right place.

Mind you, I am trying to plan a trip to Asia that will cover a bit more turf than my last visit, which was restricted to Thailand (and that is not a bad thing). I plan to revisit the "Land of Smiles" (though I did not see too many there) along the way but need to visit one, maybe two other countries in the region. It has occurred to me that once in Asia the travel situation will be very different and I could easily connect to Indonesian destinations from BKK, SIN or KUL. Any suggestions on preferred destinations and efficient travel routes would be appreciated. I understand mongers from Singapore are taking advantage of easy travel to Batam, which is accessible by ferry. What are your destinations of choice and how do you usually get there?

Thanks.It is a fair enough question you ask but not so easily answered.

The logical place to start a mongering entry to Indonesia is Jakarta. It is a city where you can do nearly anything. Sex, as an industry is huge in Indonesia. Not just for bule but it seems to exist on a level in Indonesian society that ensures it's permanence. Match that up to a booming population of under 30's and you have the conditions right for a supply pipeline which is exactly what happens. Anywhere in the archipelago.

Almost all reports here are from the places that comfortable middle class males frequent because it is in their comfort zone. Hotel alexis, classic, maliaboro ad nauseum. But believe me, all across those thousand islands there are girls who would love to hire out their selves to your big bule thing. You just need to ask.

My theory goes that anthropologically, Indonesians are jam packed into some tiny spaces. Java is the most densely populated island on earth, it goes for me that Indonesians and particularly Javanese have evolved tolerance as a Darwinian survival mechanism, they do not have the luxury of space to escalate disputes. Javanese are some of the most tolerant people on earth. As with most societies, It is the 5 % of radicals that get the press time, most Indonesians hate them. The Javanese language drips layers of respect. And there are mechanisms within the languages. All of them, Sundanese, Javanese, Bahasa Indonesia to diffuse respect and it permeates the day to day exchanges of people on the street. As a bule you score points big time by being humble and respectful. And more so the farthur you get from the metropolis of Jabotabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Bekasi), the more you will enjoy it, and here's the good bit. Because they are tolerant and culturally there has always been a Majahapit version of P4 P in play. As a traveller you just ask and you shall get although never forget money is what makes the world go round. The concept of food as currency still exists in common language and for many it still is literally that.

The difficult bit is English has not permeated far into daily society. But if you fall into the curious cateogory of personalities, you will quickly gain enough to get by. Start anywhere. Any city over 100 000 residents will have a mongering scene, ask the taxi drivers, ask any young person with tattoos. Indonesians are some of the nicest and helpful people you have ever met and no guilt about helping you whith P4 P. Start in Jakarta and take a train somewhere else. Bandung, Medan, Lampung Purwokerto. Or just stay in Jakarta and get lost in sin like OS does.

Hope that helps.

OS.

Robert Long
03-01-17, 18:32
It is a fair enough question you ask but not so easily answered.

The logical place to start a mongering entry to Indonesia is Jakarta. It is a city where you can do nearly anything. Sex, as an industry is huge in Indonesia. Not just for bule but it seems to exist on a level in Indonesian society that ensures it's permanence. Match that up to a booming population of under 30's and you have the conditions right for a supply pipeline which is exactly what happens. Anywhere in the archipelago.

Almost all reports here are from the places that comfortable middle class males frequent because it is in their comfort zone. Hotel alexis, classic, maliaboro ad nauseum. But believe me, all across those thousand islands there are girls who would love to hire out their selves to your big bule thing. You just need to ask.

My theory goes that anthropologically, Indonesians are jam packed into some tiny spaces. Java is the most densely populated island on earth, it goes for me that Indonesians and particularly Javanese have evolved tolerance as a Darwinian survival mechanism, they do not have the luxury of space to escalate disputes. Javanese are some of the most tolerant people on earth. As with most societies, It is the 5 % of radicals that get the press time, most Indonesians hate them. The Javanese language drips layers of respect. And there are mechanisms within the languages. All of them, Sundanese, Javanese, Bahasa Indonesia to diffuse respect and it permeates the day to day exchanges of people on the street. As a bule you score points big time by being humble and respectful. And more so the farthur you get from the metropolis of Jabotabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Bekasi), the more you will enjoy it, and here's the good bit. Because they are tolerant and culturally there has always been a Majahapit version of P4 P in play. As a traveller you just ask and you shall get although never forget money is what makes the world go round. The concept of food as currency still exists in common language and for many it still is literally that.

The difficult bit is English has not permeated far into daily society. But if you fall into the curious cateogory of personalities, you will quickly gain enough to get by. Start anywhere. Any city over 100 000 residents will have a mongering scene, ask the taxi drivers, ask any young person with tattoos. Indonesians are some of the nicest and helpful people you have ever met and no guilt about helping you whith P4 P. Start in Jakarta and take a train somewhere else. Bandung, Medan, Lampung Purwokerto. Or just stay in Jakarta and get lost in sin like OS does.

Hope that helps.

OS.But there is always the Dark Side. This is not paradise. There are many that will swindle you and try and cheat you. Swell is correct about 90% of the Indos and he appears to be well traveled and has knowledge. But never let down your defense. Small money will get you anything but always beware.

RL.

Kerrstar
03-04-17, 08:21
5 years ago that was true. Not anymore. I can't even remember the last time I saw anyone using a Blackberry in Indonesia.I'm in Indonesia and I've got 2 blackberrys and I see them every day in meetings I attend. Lots of people carry two phones here, usually an iphone and an android, 2 androids or a blackberry and android.

Kerrstar
03-04-17, 08:29
Hey fellow mongers,

Mind you, I am trying to plan a trip to Asia that will cover a bit more turf than my last visit, which was restricted to Thailand (and that is not a bad thing). One thing to think about is how you will travel around and how much flexibility you need. I used to travel to Asia a lot on business trips before becoming semi-based here. After a while I realised that it's easier to fly to Singapore (or Bangkok) and travel on from there. There are lots of cheap airlines that fly most places pretty often everywherein Asia. I wouldn't bother about booking too far in advance with flights but it's useful to think ablout where to fly in and out from, especially if you need visas. You don't really want to return home flight to be out of Indonesia if you are only here at the end for 16 hours and then need to buy a visa.

Smoothy
03-04-17, 16:36
I'm in Indonesia and I've got 2 blackberrys and I see them every day in meetings I attend. Lots of people carry two phones here, usually an iphone and an android, 2 androids or a blackberry and android.Most of the Indo population here with phones had a blackberry 5 years ago. Its not the case anymore. I still have my old blackberry, but I don't use it much. Just as a second phone for hookers who I don't want to know who I am. I never carry it around.

Eszpresszo
03-04-17, 17:32
One thing to think about is how you will travel around and how much flexibility you need. I used to travel to Asia a lot on business trips before becoming semi-based here. After a while I realised that it's easier to fly to Singapore (or Bangkok) and travel on from there. There are lots of cheap airlines that fly most places pretty often everywherein Asia. I wouldn't bother about booking too far in advance with flights but it's useful to think ablout where to fly in and out from, especially if you need visas. You don't really want to return home flight to be out of Indonesia if you are only here at the end for 16 hours and then need to buy a visa.Thanks for your kind and informative response. I'm sure you business travel experiences give you an understanding of the logistics involved, and it is clearly not the same as traveling Europe or North America. Like the PI, Indonesia seems a bit more complicated by the fact that it is an archipelago. But, it also seems that points of interests for mongers is scattered over various islands (whereas in the PI, it would appear to concentrated on Luzon.) I appreciate you mentioning the use of budget airlines (some others on the PI forums suggested that as well) as these airlines are obscure to us outside of Asia, and don't appear on the airfare portals. Someone else also suggested BKK, SIN or KUL as hub for travel where I could take advantage of these low-fare carriers.

To clarify, I am looking to do an serious trip to SE Asia in the next year. I did Thailand last fall and loved it, but obviously new adventures await. I keep hearing there are better mongering experiences to be had in the neighboring countries. As I pointed out earlier, Indonesia seems to have its share of devotees, so I thought I should inquire here. Does anyone have a favorite location that combines ease of mongering as well as other attractions? Jakarta doesn't seem very pleasant based on the opinions of some acquaintances who have lived there, and I'm not too interested in sprawling, fast paced urban environments.

Kerrstar
03-05-17, 06:28
Most of the Indo population here with phones had a blackberry 5 years ago. Its not the case anymore. I still have my old blackberry, but I don't use it much. Just as a second phone for hookers who I don't want to know who I am. I never carry it around.Yes, most of the Blackberrys I see are older models carried as second phones by some, but I have seen some newer models, not many though. I have a new Blackberry DTEK 60 but haven't seen any others here. Don't even know if they sell them here.

Eszpresszo
03-06-17, 17:11
Thank again to all for your kind responses, which are not taken for granted. I like the comment OS made. If you fall into the curious category of personalities, you will quickly gain enough to get by. Yeah, that's me. And I am a tall, very white person, which probably means I would stand out to anyone who has something / anything to sell. And I appreciate your concise overview of the nation as well as the monger's perspective. I wasn't sure just how widespread P4P existed in Indonesia outside of major cities. And I appreciate you pointing out how nice and helpful that Indonesians can be. My experience with Indonesians goes way back to foreign students I met in college, and they were indeed very nice folks. But they also were from the affluent class and living in a Western environment. Hardly an accurate sampler of Indonesian society I would think.

But, I can also appreciate Robert Long's words of caution. In an impoverished and unjust society, some people can be expected to resort to desperate measures, making a tall, pale foreigner an obvious target.

One thing I recall reading about Indonesia is that it is still possible to get a "contract marriage" under Sharia law, which I think speaks volumes about the society. I also understand that males from Singapore and other parts of Asia come to Indonesia and get a short-term girlfriend or "weekend wife". Maybe its just some sensationalism I watched in youtube videos, depicting ordinary women from ordinary backgrounds rendering their services, but not really acknowledging that they are prostitutes. Why are I getting the feeling that Indonesia can be a good place to get a "girlfriend" for the duration of your visit? What might be known as "Extra long time" in Thailand. Short-time has been fun, but it it is starting to get old. I might be ready to a 72-hour commitment or something along those lines. Thoughts on that path?

Smoothy
03-07-17, 05:46
But, I can also appreciate Robert Long's words of caution. In an impoverished and unjust society, some people can be expected to resort to desperate measures, making a tall, pale foreigner an obvious target.In my opinion, Indonesia is one of the safest countries in the entire world. You have nothing to worry about. If you were in Chicago, you could worry.

Offshore Swell
03-09-17, 05:13
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?

Golfinho
03-09-17, 07:49
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?Pop the SIM out when you cross borders. For storage, yes, they separate. All the talk about 'burner' phones and what not when a simple dual sim solves everything.

LifeIsABeach
03-09-17, 08:41
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?Depends on the OS. I have Windows 10 Mobile and I have to state where the messages are stored.

FunMan13
03-13-17, 08:17
I will be in Jakarta at the end of this month. I have not decided where to stay, probably in the north part of town where as suggested by several Jakarta veterans that it is easier to monger.

I have to go to Bandung from Jakarta. I wanted to buy my ticket online at www.tiket.com. However, I am confused by the several train stations in Jakarta and Bandung (I am going to stay near Alun-Alun on Jl Asia Afrika.) Which Jakarta station should I depart from, and which station in Bandung should I arrive at? Thank you very much for your help.

Funman13.

BushRusher
03-13-17, 09:24
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?I have several dual. The messages are merged. Suggest a dual burner phone. You can hide SMS but it is a pain. There are more options on an internet based app.

AussieDoug
03-13-17, 11:22
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?If you set the store numbers to SIM, you should be able to select which SIM each time you store, so when the SIM is out of the phone no one can see.

Borojon
03-13-17, 15:05
I will be in Jakarta at the end of this month. I have not decided where to stay, probably in the north part of town where as suggested by several Jakarta veterans that it is easier to monger.

I have to go to Bandung from Jakarta. I wanted to buy my ticket online at www.tiket.com. However, I am confused by the several train stations in Jakarta and Bandung (I am going to stay near Alun-Alun on Jl Asia Afrika.) Which Jakarta station should I depart from, and which station in Bandung should I arrive at? Thank you very much for your help.

Funman13.Gambir station is the one to use.

Menteng
03-14-17, 10:08

Funman13.Depart from Stasiun Gambir in Jakarta. Take the Argo Parahyangan eksekutif, you will arrive at the main station in Bandung.

Do a google for the departure times.

BushRusher
03-15-17, 02:49
While we are on the phone subject. Does anybody know if the messages from one sim on a dual sim phone can be stored separately from the messages on the other sim. IE: OS has met many young ladies who have expressed a desire to sample his big thing on a subsequent occasion. OS thinks that this would be a great idea and would love to save the number of fair maiden. However it is quite likely that lady OS would take a dim view of these messages appearing on my phone. The ideal solution would be to have a dual sim phone where messages from one sim can be hidden or indeed the whole sim is invisible to lady OS unless she opens the cover up. Any experts on this?
If you set the store numbers to SIM, you should be able to select which SIM each time you store, so when the SIM is out of the phone no one can see.

Pop the SIM out when you cross borders. For storage, yes, they separate. All the talk about 'burner' phones and what not when a simple dual sim solves everything.FWIW, with most android phones, you can select where to store telephone numbers, SIM 1, SIM2, phone, or which ever Google account you want that is logged in by your phone under the "accounts" settings. If you have set the sync contact options on in google, it will pick up your phone numbers and save it to Google accounts. That is for general Contact information, including phone numbers.

For text or SMS messages. Any text messages and phone calls you receive on either SIM will appear in the phone telephone call history and text message app. Just the telephone numbers will appear if the number is not associated with a Contact's number on the phone, Google. Or SIM. So your SYT's text message that she is going to [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) you will still be there under her telephone number but will not appear as a contact in your contact phonebook, whether phone, SIM or Google.

Your phone is not "clean" in the above case. You need to clear all cache messages and history and god knows where. You need to be fairly tech savvy to find all the places.

Hence burner phone. Factory reset and donate to your SYT.

On a dual SIM phone, best to stick to an internet based system running on an app like Whatsapp, Line, or whatever. If you uninstall it, you still need to hunt down the backups and data directories. Whatsapp backs up to the phone and can also backup to google cloud. Again need to be tech savvy.

Burner phone, idiot proof. Break phone up and throw into furnace. Kind of what Payten Manning did in inflate gate. He would be in much deeper stuff in he did not use text messaging and physical destruction. Here end the lesson. My 2 cents multiple times LOL.

BushRusher
03-15-17, 18:22
FWIW, .... My 2 cents multiple times LOL.Also android phones have a location history and keeps track of where you go. Kind of like the ones that are on GPS enabled sports / health watches that can track and log your bike ride, run, or hike. AFAIK, the history is on your phone and most likely in the cloud too. You can actually share current locations too.

Forget about iPhones. Some many things are backed up to the cloud.

Mongo69
03-27-17, 02:26
[Personal message deleted by Admin]

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers.

Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You

Stykler
04-28-17, 07:50
I'm hoping one of the Indonesia experts here can help me with this.

Sometimes when I engage with Indonesian women they often use the term "muah"(sp??) . A search of what this means on Dr Google indicates it's something to do with kisses, but that doesn't make sense to me in the context I feel it is being used.

Can anyone help me out here, I'm curious?

Thanks.

Styk.

Menteng
04-28-17, 08:38

Sometimes when I engage with Indonesian women they often use the term "muah"(sp??) . A search of what this means on Dr Google indicates it's something to do with kisses, but that doesn't make sense to me in the context I feel it is being used.

Thanks.

Styk.Can you give a sentence as an example? It can be a contraction of two words. Like "can't" that actually is "can not".

Stykler
04-28-17, 12:52
Can you give a sentence as an example? It can be a contraction of two words. Like "can't" that actually is "can not".Thanks Menteng. Perhaps some context would be of more benefit. By example, an Indonesian lady friend of mine when she first met me was on her scooter. She used the term "muah" when I first pointed her towards a close motor cycle park. I'm not sure if the "muah" was for me, or for the fact that a safe spot for her scooter was handy.

I feel quite stupid asking the question actually, but I do wonder what the term means. I think it is affectionate??

Offshore Swell
04-28-17, 15:55

Thanks.

Styk.Sounds like " mau " it is used in the affirmative. Like "would you like to meet me later" ? "Mau". It means yes I want to.

UsPete
04-28-17, 23:18
Sounds like " mau " it is used in the affirmative. Like "would you like to meet me later" ? "Mau". It means yes I want to.Hahahah, it's bahasa Abfab! Commonly heard when Edina and Patsy meet up! = Mwah, mwah, mwah, darling. Is this Prosecco? No, where's the CHAMPAGNE. Darling.

So the girl is providing a modern friendship greeting without touching lips! AbFab phrases are a great example on how the underground bencong community in Indonesia which worship UK shows like AbFab, Little Britain and Graham Norton have introduced words and phrases into the Indonesian lexicon or what is termed "gaul".

Now if you are still following this, this is where fellow mongers will face problems learning Indonesian. As we spend all our time with indo. Girls and have little interest in speaking to indo. Men we start mirroring and replicating how girls speak. During the '90's whenever I spoke to anyone on a land line in Indonesian for the first time, they would guess I was a Betawi gay. This made me "genit" or what roughly translates as coquettish.

The youtuber Sasha Stevenson makes the same mistake, when she uses Indonesian, she uses many phrases or slang commonly only used by men which makes her come across as a bit of a tomboy.

Stykler
04-29-17, 00:34
Sounds like " mau " it is used in the affirmative. Like "would you like to meet me later" ? "Mau". It means yes I want to.Thanks O / S. Most useful.

Stykler
04-29-17, 00:37
{Snip}

So the girl is providing a modern friendship greeting without touching lips! AbFab phrases are a great example on how the underground bencong community in Indonesia which worship UK shows like AbFab, Little Britain and Graham Norton have introduced words and phrases into the Indonesian lexicon or what is termed "gaul".

{Snip}It's a shame they are picking up our butchering of the English language rather than a more proper form. Thanks USP for the response.

UsPete
04-29-17, 01:33
It's a shame they are picking up our butchering of the English language rather than a more proper form. Thanks USP for the response.Styk you need to consider that Bahasa Indonesia is a lingua franca (language of the Franks / Farangs) and moves very very fast, Dutch trading phrases that were heard commonly only 15 years ago are now redundant while you can hear the same Hokkien words for Me and You being used throughout SE Asia whether in Jakarta, Singapore or Bangkok. Fortunately the internet has created a virtual media for these sweet olive girls to communicate with you.

For the majority of Indonesians Bahasa Indonesia is not their native tongue. It is rare to meet an Indonesian who is not fluent in her or his native tongue as well as the national language.

Kodja
04-29-17, 09:55
For the majority of Indonesians Bahasa Indonesia is not their native tongue. It is rare to meet an Indonesian who is not fluent in her or his native tongue as well as the national language.Unless they were born and raised in Jakarta.

I know so many "Jakartans" that only speak Bahasa Indonesia and only a little of their parents native tongue.

Kodja
05-05-17, 10:16
I am visiting Jakarta in two months and have a SIM card I bought in Bali in March. It has credit on it now but how can I keep it active for when I arrive in July? I want to step off the plane and start calling straight away. Any help appreciated.

Eszpresszo
05-06-17, 05:14
I am curious if anybody can give me direction to any ONLINE lessons in Bahasa Indonesia, where you videoconference with a tutor. I know such programs are abundant when it comes to Spanish language tutoring. And cheap too. But, I am having no luck in finding anything in Bahasa Indonesia.

Why do I want to learn Bahasa Indonesia? Well, it isn't because I am about to go the Indonesia. It looks like a change of job is around the corner and that will put it off for at least a year. But, that give me time to learn. But, to the point, Bahasa Indonesia is supposedly one of the easiest languages to learn. Hence, if it is easy to learn, then why not? I tried to learn some Thai before I visited Thailand, but that was a challenge. Thankfully, Bahasa Indonesia uses the Latin alphabet, as well as ample cognates of Western words. Or uses Western words outright. There is no gender, no irregular verbs, no conjugation and pronunciation is not precise because Indonesians from different regions will pronounce words a bit differently.

Compare that to Hungarian, where slight pronunciation of a word will result in nobody understanding what you are saying. No room for error with Hungarian, as a point of reference. I was married to a Hungarian woman for 13 years, and all I learned was the profanities, as Hungarians are the most profane people on the planet (and proud of it). And they can curse using their 14 vowels for minutes on end and never use the same profanity twice.

At someone's suggestion, I did find the book "Making Out in Hungarian" and it is pretty cool, as you tells you practical phrases like "Aku Klimaks" (I'm coming) or what to say when you are in a street fight with a local. But, I think I need to have some active conversations with a native speaker to get a handle on it.

Stykler
06-11-17, 00:27
I am visiting Jakarta in two months and have a SIM card I bought in Bali in March. It has credit on it now but how can I keep it active for when I arrive in July? I want to step off the plane and start calling straight away. Any help appreciated.I've had the same problem. I think these sims go inactive after a period of time of no use, I think 3 months. I stand to be corrected. Short of sending the sim to someone connect to the network it in Indonesia I think you are stuffed. Good luck.

LA Guy 5
06-11-17, 01:29
I am visiting Jakarta in two months and have a SIM card I bought in Bali in March. It has credit on it now but how can I keep it active for when I arrive in July? I want to step off the plane and start calling straight away. Any help appreciated.I use Telkomsel as my phone carrier in Indonesia and one way to extend the validity of my number is to top up the credit. I would guess adding 100,000 rupiah to your account would get you through July at least although that probably depends on which carrier you use and which phone package.

If I'm outside of Indonesia, I sometimes have a friend add the time, which can be done using a mobile phone and the phone number of the phone to be topped up. On the other hand, a google search yielded this company which seems to provide an alternate method of topping up, although I can't vouch for their services as I have never used them. https://teleponindonesia.com/buy/mobile_recharge?country=indonesia&operator=Telkomsel&_language=en&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TeleponIndonesia.com%20MR%20Search%20WO%20EN&utm_term=%2BTelkomsel%20%2BIndonesia&utm_content=Operator%20Telkomsel.

Good luck and let us know if you get this worked out.

SteelBaton
06-11-17, 06:13
Not sure if this will help the OP, but Telkomei has a pretty good app that will allow you to manage everything from offshore. You need to be in country to activate the app, but once that's done you can add credit with a credit card, buy internet package, buy SMS package, Phone package. You can obviously check your balance etc.

Works great. I generally confirm my internet balance is still active, if not buy a package, buy an SMS package and talk package just before boarding my inbound flight. This way I can put the SIM card in and even before the plane has finished its taxi at the Jakarta airport I'm texting my girls and downloading emails.

It pisses me off that I can't buy a multi-day SMS package, they all seem to expire at midnight. Then if I send a couple without the package, it costs a ridiculous amount. Any solution to that?

I use Telkomsel as my phone carrier in Indonesia and one way to extend the validity of my number is to top up the credit. I would guess adding 100,000 rupiah to your account would get you through July at least although that probably depends on which carrier you use and which phone package.

].

Good luck and let us know if you get this worked out.

Ryo Saeba
07-27-17, 20:46
Hello Indonesian experts,
I'll be visiting Bali again next week after a long long time, and in the process of setting myself up with the chance to get to know Indo/Balinese culture better, I struck a few Tinder dates with girls who are not prostitutes (at least according to my p4p-sense and/or what they say about themselves).

So my question is: in order to present yourself as friendly yet proper, what's the best way to greet a "regular" Indonesian girl who you're meeting for the first time in a public place?
Kiss on the cheek, handshake, respectful distance, somersaults?

If it matters, I'm a younger looking 39 years old and they're in the 24 to 32 age range.

You can count on me posting a full report of my experiences,
thank you,
Ryo.

Smoothy
07-27-17, 22:04
So my question is: in order to present yourself as friendly yet proper, what's the best way to greet a "regular" Indonesian girl who you're meeting for the first time in a public place?
Kiss on the cheek, handshake, respectful distance, somersaults?If you are Donald Trump, you can grab them by the pussy. But most of us will either shake their hand or give them a simple harmless hug Hello, at most.

Ryo Saeba
07-28-17, 19:37
If you are Donald Trump, you can grab them by the pussy. But most of us will either shake their hand or give them a simple harmless hug Hello, at most.Thank you!

Stykler
07-29-17, 00:20
If you are Donald Trump, you can grab them by the pussy. But most of us will either shake their hand or give them a simple harmless hug Hello, at most.Brilliant!

Manny51
07-29-17, 03:21
Hi guys!

Quick question. Got some vacation time coming up in Sept. Trying to figure out where to go. Choosing between Greece and Indonesia. Punting available at both.

How is the punting overall in Indonesia? Is it only in Jakarta, or is it available everywhere? Have been to most of the other countries in SE Asia before.

Thanks in advance!

Stykler
07-29-17, 05:01
Hi guys!
Choosing between Greece and Indonesia. Punting available at both.

How is the punting overall in Indonesia? Probably better than Greece.

Geriatno
08-24-17, 18:10
Hi all:

I am a US citizen and will be heading to Jakarta in a couple of weeks and will be taking advantage of the Visa on Arrival process, which I have used before on many occasions.

This time, however, I don't really have an exit plan. I may head to Philippines if my DIA contacts are weak. So I don't want to purchase the outbound portion of my air ticket yet.

Does anyone have experience getting VoA at CGK without a return / exit ticket?

Do they actually check the PNR when you give them an itinerary?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Jsxyz
08-24-17, 19:08
Hi all:

I am a US citizen and will be heading to Jakarta in a couple of weeks and will be taking advantage of the Visa on Arrival process, which I have used before on many occasions.

This time, however, I don't really have an exit plan. I may head to Philippines if my DIA contacts are weak. So I don't want to purchase the outbound portion of my air ticket yet.

Thanks, much appreciated!US citizens don't need a visa for Indonesia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Indonesia

Goferring
08-24-17, 20:39
Hi all:

Thanks, much appreciated!A couple of things:

Will your airline let you on the plane at your departure point (presumably in the US) without the onward ticket? Some do check and will not issue a boarding pass if you do not.

Yes you are eligible for visa exemption but you will still pass through immigration and get a stamp in your passport. If the agent is having a bad hair day he may ask for the onward ticket. It has happened to me but only rarely. Act as if you know what you are doing and present a Google Calendar note with a fictitious entry for an outbound flight complete with booking code and say it is an e-ticket. Works for me but others have been forced to buy a full price out bound ticket to SIN or KUL.

Note that exempt visas cannot be extended. If you may be staying longer you need to volunteer for the paid visa.

Kerrstar
08-25-17, 13:13
A couple of things:

Will your airline let you on the plane at your departure point (presumably in the US) without the onward ticket? Some do check and will not issue a boarding pass if you do not.

The airlines will see that the passenger doesn't have an onwards visa with them so they may ask. If they don't then they will probably not let them board since if they are refused entry it is the airlines responsibility to fly them back.

It's not really worth the risk, better to just have your tickets sorted out and change them latr. If I'm travelling through SEA I usually would just get a return ticket to Singapore and then by the shorter flights from there since from Singapore it's easy to go elsewhere.

Offshore Swell
08-25-17, 15:47
Hi all:

Do they actually check the PNR when you give them an itinerary

Thanks, much appreciated!This is how you deal with this:

First, if the airline won't check you in, and this varies from country to country. Singapore is usually good. Australia 50/50, Phils no chance. So long as you have internet you just go to skyscanner and buy a $40 one way CGK to SIN Or KLI show it tothe check in staff and then throw it away. Sometimes just tell the check in staff this is what you are going to do and they will relent and give you a boarding pass.

In 50 plus entries to Indo via Bali and CGK I have been asked once for a return ticket, and I told him I would organise it with my ipad and come back and then went away and back to another counter and straight through without organising anything.

Last trick is if you frequently exit Indo on Garuda one way tickets, save them as pdf's. Garuda print date and month on their e -ticket but the year is buried in the fine print so you just print off an old garuda e-ticket for sometime in the month following and give it to the check in. Unless they search the actual ticket number they are none the wiser. If they do and catch you out. Refer to step one.

Hope that helps.

OS.

Offshore Swell
10-04-17, 19:19
Are there any ISG residents in Jakarta who have a MOGE (Ducati or similar) and need an excuse get out to ride or to combine two of lifes better pleasures. Feel free to PM.

Fast Eddie 48
10-05-17, 02:41
Hi all:

Thanks, much appreciated!To Gertiatno.

I am also a US citizen been going to Indoensia for business every yr for over 20 yrs, they do check onward ticket on arrival but not all the time and visa rule also change a lot also and about 6 yrs ago trying to board a cathay pacific flight from HK to Jakrata without a onward ticket I was refuse to be board so I need to purchase a ticket at the airport and cancel the ticket at the Cathay pacific office at the airport at Jakrata so play it safe have a onward ticket and Manila and HMC Vietnam is the other city that check onward tickets, right now voa for US citizen is free of charge for 30 days but this can change without any notice.

Fast Eddie 48.

D Cups
01-27-18, 17:19
Hi guys,

Please respond only and PM me please if you have traveled these routes recently and know about the smaller regional airlines. I am looking for Philippines Airasia (subsidiary of Airasia formerly Zest) or any value-priced REGIONAL airline (not PAL) for DIRECT (non-stop) flights to / from these locations. I know that Cebupacificair has direct flight Manila to Bali but the times suck. Experienced replies appreciated. Also posted this in Philippines thread.

Goferring
01-28-18, 03:34
Hi guys,

Please respond only and PM me please if you have traveled these routes recently and know about the smaller regional airlines. I am looking for Philippines Airasia (subsidiary of Airasia formerly Zest) or any value-priced REGIONAL airline (not PAL) for DIRECT (non-stop) flights to / from these locations. I know that Cebupacificair has direct flight Manila to Bali but the times suck. Experienced replies appreciated. Also posted this in Philippines thread.I've flown DPS MNL and CGK MNL many times but only on Cebu Pacific because it suits my connections.

Generally if I want to know what flight and airline options are available, I Google the departure airport and the WikiPaedia site will have all airlines listed with their destinations. This includes the tiny regional airlines. It's an easy way to check on flight options versus the main carriers.

Offshore Swell
01-28-18, 15:35
Hi guys,

Please respond only and PM me please if you have traveled these routes recently and know about the smaller regional airlines. I am looking for Philippines Airasia (subsidiary of Airasia formerly Zest) or any value-priced REGIONAL airline (not PAL) for DIRECT (non-stop) flights to / from these locations. I know that Cebupacificair has direct flight Manila to Bali but the times suck. Experienced replies appreciated. Also posted this in Philippines thread.Hopefully this does not breach posting rules as these guys haven't started selling pussy yet, but your best bet is skyscanner www.skyscanner.com They will list all flights by all airlines on any route.

Hope that helps.

OS.

Golfinho
01-28-18, 18:41
Hopefully this does not breach posting rules as these guys haven't started selling pussy yet, but your best bet is skyscanner www.skyscanner.com They will list all flights by all airlines on any route.S.While skyscanner is useful to buy lower-priced tickets (although use caution with some of the travel agencies they work with: never buy from ExploreTrip) their search results are in no way all-inclusive. For this, you'll need to see matrix. Itasoftware search or flightradar24. Download the flightradar app, you'll immediately see why it's essential to have.

Offshore Swell
01-29-18, 12:58
While skyscanner is useful to buy lower-priced tickets (although use caution with some of the travel agencies they work with: never buy from ExploreTrip) their search results are in no way all-inclusive. For this, you'll need to see matrix. Itasoftware search or flightradar24. Download the flightradar app, you'll immediately see why it's essential to have.Agreed!, some of the skyscanner resellers are dodgy, it is always best to book with the airline but theres acouple of the resellers are OK, gotogate seem alright and bestjet have been good for a while now but most of the others are low cost scammers. What skyscanner does do is show what flight options are available. Will download flightradar, thanks.

Eszpresszo
01-29-18, 13:37
Hopefully this does not breach posting rules as these guys haven't started selling pussy yet, but your best bet is skyscanner www.skyscanner.com They will list all flights by all airlines on any route.

Hope that helps.

OS.SkyScanner works best, I agree. But, once I have located the flight I want, I go directly to the airline's website. Typically the resellers are only saving you a few bucks over purchasing via the actual airline. Skyscanner saves me the trouble of visiting multiple airline's websites and lets me get a pulse on airfares. I can see when a flight is cheaper to where. If you are flexible monger like me, and base your travel on airfare bargains, it's a great tool.

Banana Boi
03-12-18, 00:22
I noticed that Saturday, April 14 is Isra and mi'raj in Indonesia. Will all the spas and bars be open or closed on this day? Given that Sundays are dead in Jakarta I may delay my arrival until Monday if everything is closed on April 14.

BaddHabbit
03-16-18, 10:17
SkyScanner works best, I agree. But, once I have located the flight I want, I go directly to the airline's website. Typically the resellers are only saving you a few bucks over purchasing via the actual airline. Skyscanner saves me the trouble of visiting multiple airline's websites and lets me get a pulse on airfares. I can see when a flight is cheaper to where. If you are flexible monger like me, and base your travel on airfare bargains, it's a great tool.Also be aware that most of these sites use cookies to track your visits, so if you do a flight search and then leave without booking, when you come back later and do the same search they often pump up the flight cost to gouge you. When you are doing those initial searches, consider using Incognito mode or similar to prevent the cookies from working.

PedroMorales
10-21-18, 16:09
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pilgrims-flock-to-sex-mountain-in-search-of-fortune

Anybody ever visit here and have sex here?

BKKguru
11-04-18, 23:39
Also be aware that most of these sites use cookies to track your visits, so if you do a flight search and then leave without booking, when you come back later and do the same search they often pump up the flight cost to gouge you. When you are doing those initial searches, consider using Incognito mode or similar to prevent the cookies from working.Very true. A better way is to clear the cache of your web browser.

For example, if using Chrome you need to go into 'Settings', select 'Advanced', then select 'Clear browsing data' from the menu.

Chrome allows you to clear or reset the following three things:
-Browsing history
-Cookies and
-Cached images / files.

The best part is Chrome allows you to select *each item*. In other words, you can only erase the Cookies and leave your History and cached images as is.

It is a good idea to clear the cookies and flush the cache in your browser every couple of months.

Golfinho
11-05-18, 00:37
Very true. A better way is to clear the cache of your web browser. It is a good idea to clear the cookies and flush the cache in your browser every couple of months.It is not a good idea, unless you have a total recall memory or have written down all your passwords and have them right with you. Besides, you would have to delete cookies at every logout to try to defeat an airfare or hotel price manipulating website. Try the reverse strategy and opt to receive notification where fare prices 'go down'.

(For serious privacy concerns, simple cache-clearing isn't going to do it).

BKKguru
11-05-18, 02:26
It is not a good idea, unless you have a total recall memory or have written down all your passwords and have them right with you. I never store my passwords in the browser. Not a very 'secure' idea.
I do store my Username (s) in Chrome, but no Passwords.

FYI-
If your PC is running 'slow' or you are having other Windows related problems, the first thing Microsoft support will (ask you to) do is clear the cookies and flush the cache.

Golfinho
11-05-18, 03:26
I never store my passwords in the browser. Not a very 'secure' idea.
I do store my Username (s) in Chrome, but no Passwords. FYI-
If your PC is running 'slow' or you are having other Windows related problems, the first thing Microsoft support will (ask you to) do is clear the cookies and flush the cache.You don't even store your ISG password the unimportant ones? FYI: I've been on iPad for years, never looked back.

Anyway for flights, signed up with skyscanner you actually do receive the occasional alert that the price has gone down.

BaddHabbit
11-05-18, 04:42
I never store my passwords in the browser. That is a terrible idea.
I do store my Username (s), but no Passwords.Agreed. I use Dashlane to store all my passwords. It will automatically insert them into webpages for me, sycnchronise them across all my devices, etc; but this means I have a much more secure password storage.

Also, using incognito mode means that the browser cache and history gets cleared immediately after closing the browser, but only in relation to that web session. Cookies and history from your normal web history is unaffected.

Vitold
04-27-19, 22:44
So gays, this year eid ul adha falls on August 11th (Sunday). For how many days and starting from Hotel Travel and other good places will be closed? Thanks!

Offshore Swell
04-28-19, 15:15
So gays, this year eid ul adha falls on August 11th (Sunday). For how many days and starting from Hotel Travel and other good places will be closed? Thanks!Just the one day. 11 August.

Smoothy
04-28-19, 17:28
So gaysI doubt many guys on here are gay.

Sammon
04-28-19, 19:22
I doubt many guys on here are gay.I am sure he meant guys.

Vitold
04-29-19, 01:28
I am sure he meant guys.Ups my bad. Guys of course.

I had a bad experience in 2018 when eid ul adha started on August 21st and Hotel Travel was closed for three days.

Michi T
05-09-19, 20:07
I met a girl from Jakarta (country Indonesia) in Internet in CouchSurfing. We exchanged some photos and messages so far. She seems to be very liberal and want me to come over. In Indonesia she is officially in the muslim clothes (Hijab or how is it called)? Nonetheless, in her WhattsApp profile with European number (I guess this number is secret from her parents) she is very liberal, in bra only).

Can I travel to Jakarta, meet with her in my hotel room or will this cause serious problems sex before marriage? Maybe religion police can arrest us? Or is Jakarta liberal, not like Saudi Arabia?

ArifBD
05-09-19, 20:35
I met a girl from Jakarta (country Indonesia) in Internet in CouchSurfing. We exchanged some photos and messages so far. She seems to be very liberal and want me to come over. In Indonesia she is officially in the muslim clothes (Hijab or how is it called)? Nonetheless, in her WhattsApp profile with European number (I guess this number is secret from her parents) she is very liberal, in bra only).

Can I travel to Jakarta, meet with her in my hotel room or will this cause serious problems sex before marriage? Maybe religion police can arrest us? Or is Jakarta liberal, not like Saudi Arabia?Yes to all. Indonesians will drop Hijab and The full cover in a whim!

I met girls who are stark naked underneath!

Michi T
05-09-19, 22:17
Yes to all. Indonesians will drop Hijab and The full cover in a whim!

I met girls who are stark naked underneath!So, if I undestand you right, she seems to be conservative in public but as open in private as she is in WhattsApp. The only risk might be the local police.

Wimble
05-10-19, 05:36
I hope you are joking. There really is no need to travel to meet one girl. Plan to meet several. As you get older, you will see that many girls are fishing with multiple lines. On the Internet it could be thousands. If they don't drop their panties, move on to the next. The important thing is to meet the girl alone. That greatly increase your chances. Something difficult in some Muslim countries and in the girls home town.

Once you become an adult, go after adult girls. Most are just as horny as you are. Some more so. Just play safe and meet first in a public place. There was a good post I saw from Columbia about safety. You can also google it. Indonesia is not that bad.

If she does not work out, look at the other venues mentioned here. If you are on a budget, there are also sub IDR500,000 places and where to go. If you google, there are probably tips on how to travel cheaply in Indonesian.

Remember, what is bland in one country is exotic in another. I see so many western losers (including friends) in Asia with SYT around their arms. They travel / live in Asia because they will never get such a SYT in their home country, if there are any around. Many of the girls had too many sweets or sugar already.

Indonesian girls are great physically.

I met a girl from Jakarta (country Indonesia) in Internet in CouchSurfing.

Smoothy
05-10-19, 10:43
I see so many western losers (including friends) in Asia with SYT around their arms. They travel / live in Asia because they will never get such a SYT in their home country.Doesn't sound like a "loser" to me if they have a young hottie on their arm. The losers are the ones who do not have a SYT.

Wimble
05-10-19, 17:16
Doesn't sound like a "loser" to me if they have a young hottie on their arm. The losers are the ones who do not have a SYT.Point taken. So says the pot.

Rob Jones
05-11-19, 02:53
So, if I undestand you right, she seems to be conservative in public but as open in private as she is in WhattsApp. The only risk might be the local police.You have hit the nail on the head. Many Indo girls will act like the virgin Mary when in public to the extend that they may not even hold your hand. I have met girls who wear the hijab and are the most wildest, sexually active girls in a private room. The only risk from local police is them asking for a bribe for a cup of coffee. If you are in Bali, Jakarta or even Jogyakarta the girls will be a little more permissive but the closer to their home town or smaller villages the more conservative they will act.

Smoothy
05-11-19, 03:40
Many Indo girls will act like the virgin Mary when in public to the extend that they may not even hold your hand. I've always thought holding hands was a dumb thing to do anyway. I never show the girls affection in public, only in private.

Blanquiceleste
05-11-19, 04:33
You have hit the nail on the head. Many Indo girls will act like the virgin Mary when in public to the extend that they may not even hold your hand. I have met girls who wear the hijab and are the most wildest, sexually active girls in a private room. The only risk from local police is them asking for a bribe for a cup of coffee. If you are in Bali, Jakarta or even Jogyakarta the girls will be a little more permissive but the closer to their home town or smaller villages the more conservative they will act.Most girls also have multiple social media accounts. Very smartly segregated, with one for family and one for her business (core or side business). And by chance if you take a peek at the family account, you won't recognize the girl.

Banana Boi
05-11-19, 05:40
I've always thought holding hands was a dumb thing to do anyway. I never show the girls affection in public, only in private.Absolutely agree with the holding hands in public. I differ that I will DFK girls in a bar/disco.

Rob Jones
05-13-19, 00:01
Absolutely agree with the holding hands in public. I differ that I will DFK girls in a bar/disco.I have had only 2 indo girls hold my hands in public one is my wife and the other a long term GF from Java but only when we were in Bali.

ArifBD
05-13-19, 10:44
So, if I undestand you right, she seems to be conservative in public but as open in private as she is in WhattsApp. The only risk might be the local police.What police? Other than some regions in Indonesia like Aceh province, there are no police issues!! Especially in Jakarta, Surabaya, Bandung, Bali etc. Major cities you will be perfectly fine.

Indonesia is the most liberal Muslim country in the world.

OrientalLover
06-30-19, 19:37
I'm flying into CGK from Narita on ANA. I think these days Ana arrive at terminal 3. What time money exchange close at CGK Teminal 3. I'll be arriving around midnight. Can I get a SIM at this time? Thank you in advance.

MaxAircon
06-30-19, 22:43
I'm flying into CGK from Narita on ANA. I think these days Ana arrive at terminal 3. What time money exchange close at CGK Teminal 3. I'll be arriving around midnight. Can I get a SIM at this time? Thank you in advance.Do you really need a money exchange? There are plenty of ATMs.

I doubt if you will be able to buy a SIM at midnight. I have arrived at CGK a couple of times about 10.30 pm at the gate, getting through immigration etc about 11 pm. And both times the SIM vendors were closed. Ended up getting a SIM from the Telkomsel store in Grand Indonesia Mall.

You can try this: https://www.telkomsel.com/en/find-us Perhaps there is an easier way, but I don't know it.

Maringos
07-17-19, 08:10
Hello,

I looked back before asking.

Is there anonymous clinics to test for STD in Jakarta? And where?

How much would it cost? And how does it work?

Sorry for the detail questions but I'm there for t days and want to make a full checkup.

Many thanks in advance.

Vitold
07-18-19, 00:42
I'm flying into CGK from Narita on ANA. I think these days Ana arrive at terminal 3. What time money exchange close at CGK Teminal 3. I'll be arriving around midnight. Can I get a SIM at this time? Thank you in advance.A year ago I arrived by ANA to Terminal 1. Exchange kiosks were open around 0:40 AM and several SIM stands just outside of the terminal 1 were open as well. Hope the same situation for Terminal 3. According to the airport info most of international airlines have relocated there.

Vitold
07-18-19, 00:55
Hi guys,

I am a 70's-90's calculators collector. Sorry for that. Women are on the first place of course Anyway. Are there any places in Jakarta I can find this kind of stuff? I don't think flea markets are good for this. They sell overpriced "old" souvenirs to stupid tourists mostly. For instance, if you want to collect an old cell phones from early 2000's the good place is ITC Roxy Mas Mall. They have a lot of old sell phones in good conditions for peanuts.

Thanks!

Offshore Swell
07-21-19, 15:08
Hello,

I looked back before asking.

Is there anonymous clinics to test for STD in Jakarta? And where?

How much would it cost? And how does it work?

Sorry for the detail questions but I'm there for t days and want to make a full checkup.

Many thanks in advance.If you google "Jakarta same day HIV check" you will get an answer. Theres plenty of places can check you.

OS.

Koperen Klaas
07-22-19, 00:35
A year ago I arrived by ANA to Terminal 1. Exchange kiosks were open around 0:40 AM and several SIM stands just outside of the terminal 1 were open as well. Hope the same situation for Terminal 3. According to the airport info most of international airlines have relocated there.Basically all international airlines now go to Terminal 3. My only experience is arriving a couple of times with KLM at 18:00, and I don't use money changers when arriving, but I would expect these facilities to be available as long as flights arrive. ATM's are available from all local banks, so you can extract money with your bank card. Maybank has the highest limit, 3 million per withdrawal, no problem with 2 consecutive withdrawals.

Regards,

Ko.

Egy Monger New
07-26-19, 15:51
Does immigrasi still ask for return tickets if you enter on Visa on Arrival?

Stykler
07-26-19, 23:05
Does immigrasi still ask for return tickets if you enter on Visa on Arrival?To be honest, it depends on what you look like and how you present yourself at Immigration. I personally enter Jakarta on one way tickets and have never had a problem, but I have heard the travelers from the sub continent do experience difficulties with this issue.

Rob Jones
07-26-19, 23:19
Does immigrasi still ask for return tickets if you enter on Visa on Arrival?In at least 15 trips I have never been asked for return tickets.

Smoothy
07-27-19, 03:20
In at least 15 trips I have never been asked for return tickets.Are you getting the paid visa on arrival or are you just going through the normal immigration line and getting the one month visa stamp for free?

I just go through the normal line and get the one month stamp for free. They ask me almost every time "how long will you stay", but they rarely ask to see my return ticket anymore. There was a guy about 5 entries ago who did ask to see my return ticket, so it does still happen on occasion.

Goferring
07-27-19, 04:09
Are you getting the paid visa on arrival or are you just going through the normal immigration line and getting the one month visa stamp for free?

I just go through the normal line and get the one month stamp for free. They ask me almost every time "how long will you stay", but they rarely ask to see my return ticket anymore. There was a guy about 5 entries ago who did ask to see my return ticket, so it does still happen on occasion.I've never been asked for a return ticket but I have been asked why I have a mix of Kitas work permit, business and tourist visas in my passport and to prove the intent of my current visit.

It's a rarity but it can happen.

Enjoy. G.

Rob Jones
07-27-19, 04:26
Are you getting the paid visa on arrival or are you just going through the normal immigration line and getting the one month visa stamp for free?

I just go through the normal line and get the one month stamp for free. They ask me almost every time "how long will you stay", but they rarely ask to see my return ticket anymore. There was a guy about 5 entries ago who did ask to see my return ticket, so it does still happen on occasion.Just the standard one month free visa I don't think I have been asked regularly how long I stay. I will take note in September.

Blanquiceleste
07-27-19, 04:40

I just go through the normal line and get the one month stamp for free. They ask me almost every time "how long will you stay", but they rarely ask to see my return ticket anymore. There was a guy about 5 entries ago who did ask to see my return ticket, so it does still happen on occasion.Likewise. 8 out of 10 times I have not been asked for a return ticket, although they almost always ask how long I will stay.

Nonetheless, I always have a return ticket since my travels are finite and I have another life to get back to. At least for now.

Ceegee
07-31-19, 08:07
Earlier this year I had issues with the airline not letting me board my flight to Indonesia without proof of onward travel. $25 and a ferry ticket from Batam to Singapore bought online at the airline check in counter and I was good to go.

IllusionHeart
08-01-19, 19:00
I was planning to visit Jakarta for few days starting 10th August. Its seems that CJs is definately closed on 10th and 11th, so will BATS be I guess. I wanted to know from BM's who have been staying there whether the city is in total shutdown for these 2 days or are some of the brothels / clubs open.

TIA.

OrientalLover
09-15-19, 18:09
I arrived late around midnight at CGK terminal 3. There was a big ass queue at the immigration. It took around 45 minutes to clear the immigration. Just before the exit there is a Money exchanger so change money for Taxi. Pick up the taxi and went to Shangri La. Cost was around 250 K.

Next day went to Plaza Indonesia west mall to change some more money and get a local SIM. I bought local SIM for 180 K. It lasted thru out my trip. Both cash exchange and Telecom place is on the 3rd floor.

I downloaded Blue Bird app and it worked very well. I used the Blue Bird taxi for most of my travels. One time when I was back from Classic I hail a taxi which was from some other company he did not want to turn on the meter and ask me for 100 K. I told him 50 K. In the end I paid him 60 K. It seems to me Blue Bird taxi is less hassle.

I actually rode the MRT from Satiabudi astra to Blok M during the day time it took about 15 minutes. So for day time shopping if you want to go to Blok M this may be a good option.

BenderOver
09-16-19, 04:16
I arrived late around midnight at CGK terminal 3. There was a big ass queue at the immigration. It took around 45 minutes to clear the immigration. Just before the exit there is a Money exchanger so change money for Taxi. Pick up the taxi and went to Shangri La. Cost was around 250 K.

Next day went to Plaza Indonesia west mall to change some more money and get a local SIM. I bought local SIM for 180 K. It lasted thru out my trip. Both cash exchange and Telecom place is on the 3rd floor.

I downloaded Blue Bird app and it worked very well. I used the Blue Bird taxi for most of my travels. One time when I was back from Classic I hail a taxi which was from some other company he did not want to turn on the meter and ask me for 100 K. I told him 50 K. In the end I paid him 60 K. It seems to me Blue Bird taxi is less hassle.

I actually rode the MRT from Satiabudi astra to Blok M during the day time it took about 15 minutes. So for day time shopping if you want to go to Blok M this may be a good option.If the line at immigration is very long, go plunk down US $36 for a VOA and cut the line.

Maila
01-04-20, 12:56
So I was trying to book a ticket for tomorrow from JOG to Jakarta and have had a f fairly hard time. In addition to lack of availability of seats, the Malindo group (lion, batik, Malindo) wouldn't accept payment by credit card. They would only accept debit cards within 48 hrs of flight and that too only Indonesian cards for which they had a select list, as some sort of an anti fraud measure.

I had to get a much higher priced ticket with garuda, which also was flagged by my US bank despite a travel notification. Has to use amex and pay them a Forex surcharge.

Sammon
01-04-20, 15:51
So I was trying to book a ticket for tomorrow from JOG to Jakarta and have had a f fairly hard time. In addition to lack of availability of seats, the Malindo group (lion, batik, Malindo) wouldn't accept payment by credit card. They would only accept debit cards within 48 hrs of flight and that too only Indonesian cards for which they had a select list, as some sort of an anti fraud measure.

I had to get a much higher priced ticket with garuda, which also was flagged by my US bank despite a travel notification. Has to use amex and pay them a Forex surcharge.Try Air Asia. They have no problem with foreign credit / debit cards. Only thing as they charge $10 fee.

If you are traveling from Malaysia no charge.

Maila
01-05-20, 10:55
Try Air Asia. They have no problem with foreign credit / debit cards. Only thing as they charge $10 fee.

If you are traveling from Malaysia no charge.They had zero seats, haha. But, I was able to get a flight with Garuda. Apparently, this country is not setup for last-minute flying. I thought with so many LCCs, it would be fairly easy here but guess not.

Smoothy
01-05-20, 10:59
They had zero seats, haha. But, I was able to get a flight with Garuda. Apparently, this country is not setup for last-minute flying. I thought with so many LCCs, it would be fairly easy here but guess not.Book it using traveloka and you should have no problem. Booking directly with indo airlines last minute is a pain.

Maila
01-07-20, 03:04
I took a SilverBird taxi at CGK. Their line was nearly empty while BlueBird in a distance seemed to have a decent crowd. A guy was standing in front of their section and tried to veer me away to his own taxi. But I went through and took the silverbird. The guy seemed to speak enough English to ask me properly where I wanted to go. I just said Shangrila and I also had a visible google maps running on my phone. He seemed to take a straight route but in the end took some different roads in the last 5-7 minutes. I would have said local knowledge, but he ended up going inside Shangrila residences and had to back out and go into the hotel on the other side.

Okay, so this was 240 k something on the meter. He had popped out of the cab as soon as he got to the hotel to take the luggage out of the boot. I gave him 250 k and he said "+25". In the rush of getting out, I wasn't sure and gave me him the extra money. Often, taxi meters stop and add some charges at the very end after a button push, etc. But I now wonder if he added that illegally. Now that I think of it, I could have asked the bellhop / security, etc. At the hotel.

Banana Boi
01-07-20, 03:17
Okay, so this was 240 k something on the meter. He had popped out of the cab as soon as he got to the hotel to take the luggage out of the boot. I gave him 250 k and he said "+25". In the rush of getting out, I wasn't sure and gave me him the extra money. Often, taxi meters stop and add some charges at the very end after a button push, etc. But I now wonder if he added that illegally. There is a toll for taxis leaving the airport. I don't know exact amount but 25k sounds about right.

Maila
01-07-20, 06:12
There is a toll for taxis leaving the airport. I don't know exact amount but 25k sounds about right.That's good. Not a big amount, but I was wondering for future reference. We did pass a toll booth.

Marky1
01-07-20, 12:24
That's good. Not a big amount, but I was wondering for future reference. We did pass a toll booth.It's pretty obvious when you go through toll gates.