PDA

View Full Version : General Info

Admin
05-18-02, 06:14
Select "Add New Message" to post a message.

BassGod
10-10-02, 21:20
Come on!! doesn't anyone go to Laos?

curiousg
11-24-02, 09:01
Traveling with a laotian girl... is it possible? I'd be glad to drag a thai honey with me if that's possible/adviseable. any news guys?

BassGod
11-24-02, 23:06
I'd have to say that you will probably have a better time in Laos if you bring a Thai lady with you.

tigger
12-08-02, 17:16
I would highly recommend bringing a Thai lady with you to be sure you get laid easily every day. It took me about 8 hours of effort to get laid with 3 women over 3 days. I did not get laid the first night and got two on the third day. If you are patient (but also very proactive) and experienced you can make it happen in Laos. One important thing to remeber about bringing a Thai girl with you...many of the bar girls in Bangkok or other places are from Laos or consider themselves to be ethnic Laotians...so the speak Laotian...also Laotian people speak Thai so this might help a bit. I have traveled around in Thailand with lots of Thai ladies...they are women so we all know how wonderful or challenging that can be. Most of them have never had the opportunity to go anywhere so they will be very thankful. They will really fall for you though and start trying to get at you if you know what I mean. I still need to get immunized against their ways.

As far as the rest of us are concerned one of the beautiful things about traveling is collecting souvenirs. You will have a much easier time if you can find a guy you can trust to help arrange your lay. I usually start probing by saying that the women are so beautiful here or that I would love to meet some of the women here etc. You need to somehow discreetly tell the receptionist at the decent hotels in Vientaine that you will be bringing your Laos girlfirend to your room. My experience at the Laos Plaza was that they just needed to know that I wanted to bring a lady so that they could put me on a different floor/wing from the government/military/police officials that were also at the hotel. They just need to write something in their books to protect themselves or bribe someone and charge you for a double room. They just wrote down something like Ms. Noi (a generic female name) No big deal. I had one lady with the most gorgeous long black hair - knee length! Best of Luck

MondaysChilde
12-16-02, 21:02
Tigger - Excellent info on a rather mysterious country for sanuk. I went for a few days but it was my first time to Laos and altho the people were all friendly, I didn't feel comfortable that first time.

Yes, these girls will fall for someone who dashes in and shows them the world.

Globotto
12-03-03, 07:11
There is not a thriving sex industry for farang in Laos but I found that all over there are places where Lao men with money go to drop loose change in exchange for female company.

It is intimidating to pursue sex in Laos after succumbing to Thailand’s established Sex Industry but I found it to be a beautiful country especially as you get into the mountains up north. I found the people to be friendly and you may find yourself eating home cooked meals with a Lao family and drinking communally with one glass passed around the group.

Apparently I was hit on by men seemingly every night and there are narcotics being sold the prices of which drop up north. So I would have to say in retrospect Laos is a good place for drug addicts and homosexuals. You will find lots of the “lonely planet” backpackers there as well.

As you arrive check out the possibility of a 11p.m. curfew. Regular girls seem to like to flirt and depending on your thai language skills and how much time you have I believe you can make a girlfriend possibly more "genuine" than a Thai bar girl.

Hommie
04-25-04, 21:40
It's been so many years since I have been over Laos. During U.S. 'adventurism' abroad in some curious places. Have any of you guy's ever had a chance to see the 'Plane of Jars'? It was on one of the main roads across the country. I only had a chance to fly over the area to and from Thailand. I know it was bombed horribly due to all the little lakes we'd see after a rain storm. Some day I hope to return, but perhaps the Pathet Loa might see otherwise.

Hommie

Samu Ray
08-22-05, 05:49
I am in BKK now. I will be going to Vientiane, Laos, in about two weeks.

If any one knows about overland or plane service to Hanoi from Vientiane.

I really would appreciate the information.

Thank you

Mega
08-22-05, 12:39
Thank you

Here is the link http://www.laoairlines.com/schedule.htm

Asia Rocks
08-24-05, 16:16
I am in BKK now. I will be going to Vientiane, Laos, in about two weeks.

Thank youSamu Ray,

Vietnam Airlines serves Vientiane everyday I believe. Early morning departure from Hanoi to Laos, Cambodia and HCMC and same return leaving Vientiane late afternoon and arriving Hanoi early evening.

Cheers,

AR

Oosik1
06-02-06, 22:26
i read in another forum that there are laws penalizing farangs who have sex with laotian women. is this true? what's the story?this is a quote lifted from the u.s. embassy in vientiane web site:

"relationships with lao citizens: the lao government prohibits sexual contact between foreign citizens and lao nationals except when the two parties have been married in accordance with lao family law. any foreigner who enters into a sexual relationship with a lao national may be interrogated, detained, arrested, or jailed. lao police have confirep001ed passports and imposed fines of up to $5000 on foreigners who enter into disapproved sexual relationships. the lao party to the relationship may also be jailed without trial. foreigners are not permitted to invite lao nationals of the opposite sex to their hotel rooms; police may raid hotel rooms without notice or consent.

foreign citizens intending to marry lao nationals are required by lao law to obtain prior permission from the lao government. the formal application process can take as long as a year. american citizens may obtain information about these requirements from the u.s. embassy in vientiane. the lao government will not issue a marriage certificate unless the correct procedures are followed. any attempt to circumvent lao regulations may result in arrest, imprisonment, a fine of $500-$5000, and deportation. foreigners who cohabit with or enter into a close relationship with lao nationals may be accused by lao authorities of entering an illegal marriage and be subject to the same penalties.

foreign citizens who wish to become engaged to a lao national are required to obtain prior permission from the chief of the village where the lao national resides. failure to obtain prior permission can result in a fine of $500-$5000. lao police frequently impose large fines on foreign citizens a few days after they hold an engagement ceremony with a lao citizen based on the suspicion that the couple probably subsequently had sexual relations out of wedlock."

RCA Knight
06-03-06, 20:39
Those laws are basically dead laws, just sitting there. Nobody will enforce it at all. Don't get scared. Laos is actually becoming an international monger destination recently. Every time I make a visa run there from Thailand maybe 2-3 times a year that I choose to go there, there are more and more working girls. And more and more mongers are making their ways to Laos, not just for the visa run, but for ladies. I also noticed there is huge increase in male travelers from other Asian countries like HK, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan ect, since they all have direct flights from their countries. It's obvious what their motives are traveling to Vientiane.

Compared to about 7-8 years ago when I went there for the first time, the working girls now are everywhere. There are karaoke pick ups all over town, disco freelancers all over discos, and amatures who will go with you for a tip. Girls in Vientiane are becoming more like Thai girls.

That Asshole
06-05-06, 08:13
Laos. All you need to know.

As you will see the country of Laos is still peaceful and unspoilt. Let's keep it that way. Therefore I will not be giving a lot of exact details about venues for sex but rather clues and leave the rest up to you to follow up.

Laos is the best as it is and it would be a great waste to spoil it by too many penis-centered individuals. (A few of us is enough.)

First impressions about Laos:
Although the country at large seems to be even poorer in terms of consumer goods than Cambodia, the basic infrastructure is so much superior, the hassles so much less and the stay is so much more enjoyable. There are excellent roads and very little traffic. And first of all, you don't need to worry constantly about your personal security. You can take it for pretty much granted.

Rural Thailand can be pretty cool, friendly and relaxed but Laos is even more so. Thais generally seem to be quite suspicious of foreigners but as you cross the Mekong river the atmosphere gets a lot friendlier. Very little if any hassles at all for transport or anything. Also, scams are very minimal, especially if you go outside of the capital city.

Although nobody will ever approach you offering it, if you can explain what you want, poossy is only a few minutes away in any town. As generally in this part of Asia the Viets dominate the scene but with some effort local talent can be available too.

Costs:
Generally not particularly expensive, but living costs drop even more outside Vientiane, the capital. And so do conveniences. A spacious fan room might cost $3-4 a night, aircon $6-8 and a bowl of soup $1. A meal in a restaurant $1-2. How much you will pay for poossy is very unpredictable as the scene is still so low key. There is hardly yet a set price (like B500 for ST as in Thailand). And let's hope there will never be. Much depends on your skills of negotiation and what 'other benefits' you might provide or how much they like you, etc. However it's not a bargain when compared to Cambodia.

Language:
Outside the capital Vientiane it is uncommon to find English speakers. Also you are limited to a few restaurants who might have a basic menu in English. BUT, if you speak Thai (I mean not just "nitnoy" but really can describe what you want in several ways for example), you can just use it one for one, just like in Thailand without any troubles. Don't even need to try to learn Lao. They listen to Thai TV broadcasts so much that you will be understood with no probs at all. Also, you will be able to decipher most of Lao text (for example bus timetables or menus) with some effort, as it looks just like an ancient form of Thai script.

Visa + getting there:
There are some international flights to Vientiane from Bangkok for example, but you can also cross through land from Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand. Coming from Bangkok you have the choice of (Thai/Lao side) Ubon/Pakse, Nakhon Pathom/Tha Kaek, Mukdahan/Savannaket or Nong Khai/Vientiane (plus maybe some others).

To either of these border cities there are good bus/train connections from Bangkok or even direct from Pattaya. Usually the crossing involves a short ferry trip through the Mekong river but from Nong Khai now there is a land bridge. By the way, despite of what the Lonely Planet book tells you, you cannot get on the direct bus from Nong Khai, UNLESS you already have a Lao visa in your passport. Because the bus will not wait for you while doing the forms.Otherwise you have to use private tuk-tuk to the border. On the way back it is easier and you can take the direct bus because there is no visa neded to enter Thailand, only a stamp for most nationals.

The set fee of visa on arrival is $30 USD ($31 on weekends) and is prominently displayed at immigration so there is no scam. However they might also ask for an additional 10-20 baht for the passport stamp. I don't know if it is legal or not. Possibly not.

Transport/local transport:
Every major town has at least one bus station. They are reasonably well organized however the timetable might only be in Lao script. Usually someone at the ticket office will speak some English though. Non-airconditioned buses are the norm plus pickup trucks. They cost about the same, fares about equal to Thailand, however with less comfort. For shorter distances you will have to use local pickups but it's possibly easier to hire a tuk-tuk (thai made). Fares within town start at 20B (5000 kip).

Money:
Since there is no domestic production to speak of (the country lives from foreign aid), there are no ups and downs of economy so the local currency has been pretty stable for a number of years. 10,000 Lao Kip (roughly)=$1 or THB 250. ($1=B40). Near the border you can use any of these currencies. Otherwise officially banks and gold-jewellery shops change money (but practically nearly everyone does). Scams at changers are so rare that many of the locals don't even bother to count the change, as you will notice.

Weather:
The cold-season (nov-feb) is really hot. The hot-season (apr-jul) is even hotter. The rainy-season (aug-oct) is wet and hot. So, it's always hot, except in the mountains. However the nights in the cold season cool down considerably, making for good sleep.

Food/booze:
Generally not as varied or as spicy as Thai food, but around the border all the Thai staples are available. Also popular are the baguette sandwiches and the Viet pho (noodle soup). Grilled fish, chicken, bat and lizard are also very common. (By the way, the Thais generally consider Laos as 'dirty' by terms of food-hygiene, and probably with good reason.) So, watch where you choose to eat. But often your only choice will be between grotty and grottier.

The most popular alcoholic drink is Beer Lao which is quite drinkable and costs around 30 baht (even in restaurants) for a large bottle. A bargain! Otherwise in cities many imported spirits are available at cheap prices, like $15 for 1 litre of Bailey's or JW Red. (Much cheaper than in Thailand.)

Internet access:
Amazingly very well supplied with many public lounges and fast connections. Often better than in Thailand. Cost around 15-20 baht/hour.

Holidays:
About the same as Thailand. Many shops also close on weekends. Lao New Year in April features the usual crazy water throwing for about 3 or 4 days.

Dangers and annoyances:
Loads of stray dogs, so watch out or carry a stick. Uncovered sewers on badly lighted roads can also be a killer at night. Annoyingly loud music such as karaoke seem to be the pastime of locals but luckily usually stops at 11pm.

The people:
Usually very relaxed and friendly. And at least for the time being the Lao smiles seem a lot more real than in Thailand or Cambodia. However I still maintain that the whole world is fucked and crazy and everybody is just waiting to kill you. So, don't trust anyone. Especially those who tell you to trust them. Trust me, I know! (he he)

The girls/women:
Honestly, the Thai girls look much prettier in general but it may be because they wear nicer clothes and more make-up. Viet-Lao mixes can be very pretty though. Also, anybody noticed how beautiful some of the beggar women are? Washed, combed and made-up some would look like real princesses and for example in Cambodia surely they would be in the meat trade already.

Also, most locals, including the girls are usually very friendly and available for conversation if you are so inclined and can communicate.
But of course I cannot approve any more business with any fucker than a ST session, to be safe, lasting maximum one hour, so I don't recommend you to get too involved either. Why lower yourself to a woman?

The problem is that of course they always cost money and/or trouble. And once you get addicted to them you might commit all kind of evilness such as stealing, robbery, killing, etc, to supply your addiction to them. They got caught a lot of great men before you. That is their game. Yes, unfortunately women are the same rotten lot worldwide. The same is true in any country and Laos is no exception. So, be careful.

What seems to be a source of your joy in the beginning can easily turn into a source of great pain later. When it happens, you will know. So, you better stick to ST and avoid "freebies". It is far better for you to buy fuck for cash than by your personal charms.

Discretion:
Practically it is illegal for Lao citizens to fuck a foreigner without a stamped marriage certificate, however a lot depends on the attitude of local enforcement. Also, this law might not apply so strictly to the Viets who are actually not Lao subjects as such. As you travel you will see lots of foreigners (usually young men) in the company of what appears to be locally sourced meat.

What happens between them is up to the two and whether they actually fuck or not is hard to determine for outsiders. However, the danger is always there for a fuck-up if things don't work out for some reason. And when you will see policemen with the weapon strapped to their sides sinking the sixth beer next to your table in a riverside restaurant you might realize that police actually have a lot more power here than what you could be used to.

And there is a lot of green uniform anywhere you may go or look. So, being VERY discreet is imperative to both, the meat and the customer.

Certainly no Phnom Penh/Sophie Bar type of joints anywhere. But really, as you don't generally see as much nakedness (if you avoid the backpacker tracks) and other public displays of female arrogance as you see in your own country, it is so easy to go without sex for a long time in Laos and you don't even miss it. You can have lots of fun without fucking even once.

However, especially if you stay for more than a few weeks you will find very easy ways to get it. Is this information helpful? By the way if you are a Senior Member with worthwhile reports AND I can see that you are not a 'Pattaya-hero' then you can PM me for more info. But really, just go and find the fun yourself, it is the best way. It is there for sure.

Of course no matter how nice Laos might seem, there is no such thing as 'heaven on earth'. A few weeks in Laos is something like five minutes of rest between sessions of your torture. You will have to go back to your 'real' world and it will be just as fucked as before.

Jayagopal50
12-16-06, 10:42
I went from Bangkok to Luang Prabang. Visa on arrival with picture for $20. Small airport. Taxi to town was Tuk-tuk for$5. Stayed at Apsara, clean hotel with big shower facing river. No visitors as per rules. Did a day tour with english guide. Guide mentioned dance halls but with out his help could not go. [he was leaving town that evening] Night market reavealed girls manning stalls, no men therefore suspect girls should be available. Ran into a ladys-boy willing for $20. I declined.

In conclusion recommend 2 night including travel but think mongering is not visible or organised as Cambodia.

From Luang Prabang went to Vietiane and stayed at Novetel. Walked around the Mekong bank, not much to see. At night went to the disco at novotel as recommended. Filled with 18 year olds listening to loud music, more boys than girls. Looked more like a aprty for the local rich kids than a mongering pickup place. I think without local guide and transport impossible to monger. Transport is another problem due to unpredictability of availability.

Fred Gold
01-16-07, 08:47
I went from Bangkok to Luang Prabang. Visa on arrival with picture for $20. Small airport. Taxi to town was Tuk-tuk for$5. Stayed at Apsara, clean hotel with big shower facing river. No visitors as per rules. Did a day tour with english guide. Guide mentioned dance halls but with out his help could not go. [he was leaving town that evening] Night market reavealed girls manning stalls, no men therefore suspect girls should be available. Ran into a ladys-boy willing for $20. I declined.

In conclusion recommend 2 night including travel but think mongering is not visible or organised as Cambodia.

From Luang Prabang went to Vietiane and stayed at Novetel. Walked around the Mekong bank, not much to see. At night went to the disco at novotel as recommended. Filled with 18 year olds listening to loud music, more boys than girls. Looked more like a aprty for the local rich kids than a mongering pickup place. I think without local guide and transport impossible to monger. Transport is another problem due to unpredictability of availability.I stayed at the Novotel a couple of years ago and went to the disco. A complete selection for the evening. It was a slow night and the girls were almost having cat fights to see who I would pick. I found one who spoke fairly good english (seemed unusual). We sat together for a while, kissing and my hands and fingers checking out the sweet spots. Nevedr hadany resistance to my roaming. When I realized she was getting nice and wet I negotiated a price for the night. When I went to take her to my room I was told NO, I had to take her to a short term hotel, which they would arrange for me. I made a scene and stasted I booked a room for two, paid for two and am now two. They had me pay a small fee (can't remember how much, but I think it was for them to save face) and up we went for the night.

Just my 2 cents

Gaudente
01-26-07, 17:56
at the following link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103096&st=0&gopid=1104201&#entry1104201 I have read laotian banks are paying 16% on local currency tax free. Can someone confirm that ? Can kips be changed back to other currencies and sent back to other countries or once inside Laos they are in prison forever ? How is the inflation in Laos ?

Blunderer
01-26-07, 23:55
at the following link http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103096&st=0&gopid=1104201&#entry1104201 I have read laotian banks are paying 16% on local currency tax free. Can someone confirm that ? Can kips be changed back to other currencies and sent back to other countries or once inside Laos they are in prison forever ? How is the inflation in Laos ?

From the CIA world factbook:

Inflation rate (consumer prices):
Definition Field Listing Rank Order
5.9% (2006 est.)

So in real terms, that is about 10% interest which isn't too bad at all...

Hummer Bird
04-09-08, 05:31
check this out. it is from the travel.gov, a non-competitive site for isg. it may make some of you cringe.

relationships with lao citizens: lao law prohibits sexual contact between foreign citizens and lao nationals except when the two parties have been married in accordance with lao family law. any foreigner who enters into a sexual relationship with a lao national risks being interrogated, detained, arrested, or fined. lao police have confirep001ed passports and imposed fines of up to $5000 on foreigners who enter into disapproved sexual relationships. the lao party to the relationship may also be jailed without trial. foreigners are not permitted to invite lao nationals of the opposite sex to their hotel rooms; police may raid hotel rooms without notice or consent.

is it really worth going here? are the girls so much better than northern thailand or even northern cambodia?
cheers
hummer

Kniom
05-24-08, 17:59
Laos is still a socialist country and they (=government) seem to love it!

Joe Cose
08-21-08, 00:23
When you arrive at Nong Khai train station, there is a board with (presumbaly) official per person tuk-tuk fares to the bridge (20 baht). There is no need to go into Nong Khai as that is going in the wrong direction. Of course you should have already got your passport photo done for the visa. Anyway, the scam is that the tuk-tuk driver will take you to a house/office where you are invited to get your visa, but the cost will be much higher than the 35 USD charged at the border. So insist on being taken to the bridge. Once there do your Thai exit and get on the shuttle bus for the 15 baht ride over the bridge (it's a long way so don't be tempted to walk it). Once off the shuttle bus, get the two forms from the Lao immigration, one for the visa, one immigration card. Then fill out the visa form and hand it over at the desk with your 35 USD and your photo and then wait for the official at the adjacent window to call you over with your passport now complete with visa. Exchange some currency at the exchange desk (the rates are the same as in Vientiane). Then fill in the immigration card and go to immigration. Then you will be invited to take a taxi (sorry 20 taxis). If you don't feel like haggling for this, look to your half right about 50 yards away and you should see the public bus for Vientiane waiting. It costs 5000 kip (60 cents).

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Oosik1
09-28-08, 20:31
First, my thanks to Joe Cose for a clear road map in how to best enter Laos across the Friendship Bridge.

For those interested in some Vietnam War history as it relates to Laos, I recommend you do a Google on "Lima Site 85." Fascinating story about how the CIA placed an automatic tracking radar site atop a 5000' mountain in northeast Laos with shear cliffs on 3 sides for the purpose of guiding U.S. bombers to a spot in the sky over north Vietnam during bad weather for more accurate bombing. The results were devastating to NVN, so much so that the NVN conducted the ONLY NVN bombing mission in the entire war on Lima Site 85, then later conducted a ground assault. During peacetime, the radar was used in America to conduct USAF SAC bomber training in what was called RBS - Radar Bomb Scoring. In war time, the radar crew could release the bombs from their ground equipment. As an AF vet, this was the radar equipment I was trained on and operated. A good book was also written about Lima Site 85. The site, and the immediate area around Site 85, is still considered "sensitive" and off-limits to farangs.

Redfield10
11-19-09, 03:02
Howdy,

I need some advice re: travelling to Laos. I don't care all that much about the mongering, but if it's there. Sure that would be nice, too.

I'm plannin on taking about 12 days from Feb. 6 to 18th or so. And will first stay in BKK maybe three nights. But then want to see some of Laos. I'd like to see both LP and Vientiene if possible. Off the top of my head I"m thinking 3 nights LP and maybe two nights Vientiene. I'd spend the last maybe three nights in BKK. I have a buddy there.

I know there's a number of ways to do this. Go to Udon Thani. Bus up to Vientine, etc.

I ran across what looks like an excursion rate on Laos Airlines whereby one can fly from BKK to LP to Vientine to BKK mayB. It doesn't' look like I can book it online. So I sent them an email asking about it.

I also know I could just fly BKK Airways to LP and then maybe Lao Airlines to Vientiene. Maybe then bus back to Udon Thani and take a flight from there.

Anyway, I"d appreciate any feedbak re: reasonable ways (I don't mind spending some on airfare to Laos, etc. But, like everyone else, I don't want to spend a ton if I don't have to). To spend maybe 6 nights (is that enough) in Laos. See maybe LP and Vientiene. And still spend soem time on the front and back ends in BKK to spend time with a buddy. And of course, make sure I get to see some girls as I may not in Laos. As I'm more interested in the "touring" aspect in Laos.

Any thoughts of how to do this. Would be appreciated. Maybe I need to only go to LP and not Vientiene? BKK is not a big deal. Been there many times now over the past few years. But still wanna make sure I spend time there at the front and back ends.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Ebauche
11-19-09, 15:04
Howdy,

I need some advice re: travelling to Laos. I don't care all that much about the mongering, but if it's there. Sure that would be nice, too.

I'm plannin on taking about 12 days from Feb. 6 to 18th or so. And will first stay in BKK maybe three nights. But then want to see some of Laos. I'd like to see both LP and Vientiene if possible. Off the top of my head I"m thinking 3 nights LP and maybe two nights Vientiene. I'd spend the last maybe three nights in BKK. I have a buddy there.

I know there's a number of ways to do this. Go to Udon Thani. Bus up to Vientine, etc.

I ran across what looks like an excursion rate on Laos Airlines whereby one can fly from BKK to LP to Vientine to BKK mayB. It doesn't' look like I can book it online. So I sent them an email asking about it.

I also know I could just fly BKK Airways to LP and then maybe Lao Airlines to Vientiene. Maybe then bus back to Udon Thani and take a flight from there.

Anyway, I"d appreciate any feedbak re: reasonable ways (I don't mind spending some on airfare to Laos, etc. But, like everyone else, I don't want to spend a ton if I don't have to). To spend maybe 6 nights (is that enough) in Laos. See maybe LP and Vientiene. And still spend soem time on the front and back ends in BKK to spend time with a buddy. And of course, make sure I get to see some girls as I may not in Laos. As I'm more interested in the "touring" aspect in Laos.

Any thoughts of how to do this. Would be appreciated. Maybe I need to only go to LP and not Vientiene? BKK is not a big deal. Been there many times now over the past few years. But still wanna make sure I spend time there at the front and back ends.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.
A RoD, just for a bunch of questions? You've got to be kidding....

No offense intended RF.

Maybe if someone offers a bunch of very informative ANSWERS then THAT post should be an RoD.....

Redfield10
11-20-09, 02:55
Agreed. LOL.

I'd still like some info, though.

A RoD, just for a bunch of questions? You've got to be kidding.

No offense intended RF.

Maybe if someone offers a bunch of very informative ANSWERS then THAT post should be an RoD.

Pedro Chilli
11-23-10, 14:39
get your collective asses down here gents. (vientiane). best food in sea. no skanks, town shuts down by 12, give yourselves a break from pattaya, patong, phnom penh etc etc. imho

Anzac
03-30-11, 09:47
Shhhhhhhhhhh! .

Red Kilt
12-20-11, 13:03
I have another opportunity coming up to return to Vientiane again for work after a 2 year absence.

I came online here hoping to find some recent information only to discover that there have been no updates of note since 2008.

I cannot believe the scene is that dead!

Can anybody give some updates about Don Chan Palace disco, Bor Pen Yang bar, Novotel disco, other bars and restaurants around the fountain etc?

I hope I will not have to work ALL of the time.

RCA Knight
12-20-11, 14:29
The scene does not change too much. Karaoke pick ups like Anou, Pengiun, Lang Xang, Mekong ect ect still the same, but the price is up, expect pay 50USD for ST, plus drinks, now they are not willing to let girls go without at least a LD, there are now tons of freelancer pick ups, now many new Thai style bar / discos along airport road, all have working girls, rent a bike and check them out yourself, asking 35USD / 1000 bahts. 5-6 local brothels still there in different alleys near Arch, but very uncomfortable for foreigners to go, hotel pick ups like La Ong Dao 1 and 2, quality really bad these days, charge 40USD / 1200 bahts for ST inclusive room, nothing much change, except prices.

Red Kilt
12-25-11, 11:43
The scene does not change too much. Karaoke pick ups like Anou, Pengiun, Lang Xang, Mekong ect ect still the same, but the price is up, expect pay 50USD for ST, plus drinks, now they are not willing to let girls go without at least a LD, there are now tons of freelancer pick ups, now many new Thai style bar / discos along airport road, all have working girls, rent a bike and check them out yourself, asking 35USD / 1000 bahts. 5-6 local brothels still there in different alleys near Arch, but very uncomfortable for foreigners to go, hotel pick ups like La Ong Dao 1 and 2, quality really bad these days, charge 40USD / 1200 bahts for ST inclusive room, nothing much change, except prices.Thanks for the update RCA K. I am looking forward to getting back to see some of my "old" haunts. No doubt the same "old" faces will be there too LOL.

RCA Knight
12-26-11, 03:54
Bring a light jacket if you are coming to Laos, super chilly at night.

Rwk3137
09-09-12, 03:52
Have been offered a position in Vientiane and was curious about the official exchange rate vs. Money changer rate.

Many years ago (when last there) it was significantly different and was hoping that still occoured.

Thanks

Red Kilt
09-13-12, 13:28
Have been offered a position in Vientiane and was curious about the official exchange rate vs. Money changer rate.

Many years ago (when last there) it was significantly different and was hoping that still occoured.

ThanksVery little movement in the forex in Vientiane.

When I was there in May / June it was 1 USD = 8000 kip (round figures always). It ranged between 7999 to 8001 over the 26 days I was working there.

Changes are miniscule.

Money changers were offering same rate as banks, and even my hotel was offering 7995 kip to the dollar.

I used credit card for all my bill payments and in restaurants because that gave me the best rate.

SmallBird
09-30-12, 05:03
You decide.

Vientiane fishbowl is simple, just a room filled with girls.

There are several famous joints. Each joint has 30-50 girls.

To be frankly, the ladies are 18-22. Overall they are not that pretty, not that good in body shape. Their GFE is bad.

They are starfish in missionary, alpaca in doggy. They don't like blowjob. They won't bath for you like in China. They receive no training in making customer happy. Pro is they are young, con is as mentioned.

1) Di How (Close to Patuxai)

A joint opened and managed by Chinese from China. The price is 300k 1 hour st including condom and room.

It is actually a medium budget hotel.

2) La Ong Dao 1 & 2.

Also a hotel with karaoke and fishbowl.

The price is 300k 1 hour or 1000 baht if you stay in La Ong Dao and bring girl back to your room. For tips, never pay more than 3USD! Don't jack up the price! Be nice to the fuckers on this forum!

3) Wonderland.

The price is same.

In Vientiane, tuk tuk is expensive, prepare for 0. 70-1 USD per km. They won't accept the local price from foreigner. For night time, the price goes up +50% for tuk tuk. *They will always ask astronomical price first, bargain.

Don't ever try massage in Vientiane. Their parlour are understaffed. Expensive, sucks. Go Cambodia if you wan massage.

TigeDeJade
09-30-12, 22:22
Thanks SmallBird for your precise infos.

I shall be in VIENTIANE end of October, shall travel throughout the country.

I like non pros or semi pros. (cf my reports on MADAGASCAR or ERITREA)

Is it possible to find such girls in bars or nightclubs in VIENTIANE?

Which bars or nightclubs?

Red Kilt
10-01-12, 03:53
1) Di How (Close to Patuxai)

A joint opened and managed by Chinese from China. The price is 300k 1 hour st including condom and room.

It is actually a medium budget hotel.

2) La Ong Dao 1 & 2.

Also a hotel with karaoke and fishbowl.

The price is 300k 1 hour or 1000 baht if you stay in La Ong Dao and bring girl back to your room. For tips, never pay more than 3USD! Don't jack up the price! Be nice to the fuckers on this forum!Just a point of clarification:

For guys who might be puzzled by your juxtaposition of 300k and 1000 baht and USDs all in one place;

300k is 300, 000 kip (around $40 USD) and not 300 kip.

When he say 3 USD for tips he means don't go over 20 to 30, 000 kip maximum.

SmallBird
10-02-12, 00:51
Thanks for Red clarification. 300k means 300, 000 kips.

Laos girls know how to speak lao & thai very well. They know little english. Most of the time, they pronounce the word in french, such like menu, they pronounce menu in french, not english. Laos has more french influence than that of english. Besides they just know how to pronounce, they don't know french either.

I never try non-pro in vientiane, but I heard there are few famous places, such like.

Bor Pen Nyang.

A rooftop bar & restaurant just a few shops away from inter city hotel, you could easily get it by searching intercity hotel in google map.

Basically this is the place where professional freelance go there to have drink, have talk & play snooker. But in the same time, everyone gets inside to have dinner, with or without partner. I had dinner there, but was eagle to go back hotel due to some reasons. I spotted few girls playing snooker, never talked to them, because they were playing with other groups of foreigner.

Kop Chai Deu.

Just a few shops away from nam phou fountain.

And.

I have never been to this place, but it is a nightclub of a 5 star hotel-Don Chan Palace. It opens till very late.

SmallBird
10-02-12, 00:55
The cost of bringing girls back to your room in any hotel joint is less than 300, 000 kips, which is equal to 1000 baht. Thank you for admin to edit my post because I am not from state. I forgot some important things.

Red Kilt
10-05-12, 02:42
Bor Pen Nyang.

A rooftop bar & restaurant just a few shops away from inter city hotel, you could easily get it by searching intercity hotel in google map.
Basically this is the place where professional freelance go there to have drink, have talk & play snooker. But in the same time, everyone gets inside to have dinner, with or without partner. I had dinner there, but was eagle to go back hotel due to some reasons. I spotted few girls playing snooker, never talked to them, because they were playing with other groups of foreigner.

Kop Chai Deu restaurant

Nightclub of a 5 star hotel-Don Chan Palace. It opens till very late.Just a few updates to Smallbird's post:

The hookers who play snooker in BorPenYang are hard-core and very obvious. Better prospects sit either around the bar or at the tables. They are more discreet and often are just regular girls on a night out. You need to be a bit careful in your approach and wait until you get a smile or some other indication of their availability before you approach them, as bf might be nearby or they might be waiting for him to finish work etc.

KopChaiDeu is a regular restaurant frequented by foreigners which also means some girls will also go there to try their luck. However, it is NOT really a known pick-up place so you need to be even more discreet and careful in your approach (see earlier comment)

I think you might find that Don Chan Palace is closed. Not sure if it is refurbishment or a cashflow problem but it was closed during my last visit earlier this year

Redfield10
10-24-12, 02:14
Could be a stupid question, but since Laos doesn't allow foreigners to sleep with local women, will I get in trouble for bringing condoms into Luang Pranang?

Thanks!

Saint Jack
10-24-12, 17:12
Could be a stupid question, but since Laos doesn't allow foreigners to sleep with local women, will I get in trouble for bringing condoms into Luang Pranang?

Thanks!Absolutely not a problem!

In case you forgot to bring and need some, any convenience store has it in stock.

No need to worry about this issue.

Redfield10
10-25-12, 01:06
Thanks for the info! BTW, will anyone be in LP on Nov 23, 24, 25th? Let me know! Be nice to hang out with someone! It's my first time in LP!

Red

Absolutely not a problem!

In case you forgot to bring and need some, any convenience store has it in stock.

No need to worry about this issue.

Oldian
10-25-12, 18:33
The scene does not change too much. Karaoke pick ups like Anou, Pengiun, Lang Xang, Mekong ect ect still the same, but the price is up, expect pay 50USD for ST, plus drinks, now they are not willing to let girls go without at least a LD, there are now tons of freelancer pick ups, now many new Thai style bar / discos along airport road, all have working girls, rent a bike and check them out yourself, asking 35USD / 1000 bahts. 5-6 local brothels still there in different alleys near Arch, but very uncomfortable for foreigners to go, hotel pick ups like La Ong Dao 1 and 2, quality really bad these days, charge 40USD / 1200 bahts for ST inclusive room, nothing much change, except prices.I haven't been up to Vientiane in several years, will be there in about a month. I used to frequent La Ong Dao a lot. Never knew about the places near the Arch. Can you give detail as to where they are exactly? I speak good Thai so usually have no problems getting around off the beaten path in Laos. And how about this place Di How, any reports?

Redfield10
10-26-12, 01:43
I'll be at Areca Lodge Nov17-Dec1. Except for a three day jaunt to Luang Prabang. Lets have a beer or hang out!

Red

Thanks for the info! BTW, will anyone be in LP on Nov 23, 24, 25th? Let me know! Be nice to hang out with someone! It's my first time in LP!

Red

Knight 1001
11-12-12, 13:20
I am in LP for 3 nights from today 12th Nov. If any bro is here and wants to share a beer and do some hunting, would be delighted. Same for Vientiane for 2 nights from 15th Nov.

Cheers to all

Knight

Jcr153
11-23-12, 07:00
I'll be at Areca Lodge Nov17-Dec1. Except for a three day jaunt to Luang Prabang. Lets have a beer or hang out!

RedI'm in Vientiane Nov 23 & 24 if you didn't go to LP. Otherwise have a good trip.

JCR

TigeDeJade
01-05-13, 22:11
VIENTIANE.

First I would like to say, that to taste young fresh and cheap lao pussies. It is not in LAOS that you will find them: it is in THAILAND and from my experience, UDON THANI is the must.

The cost will be from 300 to 600 bahts ST (7, 5 to 15 E) for fresh around 18 years old pussies, where, the thai bar girls inclusive of drinks, bar fine and session will cost you no less than 1500 bahts (the most often for ladies around 30 or more already with one or two children!)

I invite you to read my post on UDON THANI (Other areas: Isaan).

VIENTIANE:

I spent several days in VT during the end of October Moon festival, it was very interesting from a cultural point of view. But all action in the center of the city seemed suspended by all the hawkers in the streets.

During my second stay, I stayed in a 700 bahts suite in Hotel SORADITH, which seemed in the "action" sector and with a Night Club.

The hotel was peaceful and surely GF, but no working girls in the Night Club.

I went to LONG DAO HOTEL around 9pm, at a walking distance, and through a window, I might chose among 30 young fresh girls, as in UDON THANI. But at higher rate: 1000 bahts for 1 hour. I wanted to bring the girl to my nearby hotel, but Mamasan refused:she accepts only consomption on the spot, which add 500 bahts.

Damage : 1500 bahts (38 E)

Conclusion : If you want easy, fresh pussies in VT, book in LONG DAO. On day time, tuk tuk are passing by. Much difficult on night time.

The girl was superb; nice lips, wide bushy pussy, offered me all positions under the light during one hour. But do not expect more. She did not enjoy herself.

This site gives other places to find girls I did not experiment.

I confirm that I was approached by various lady boys in Settitarat St from 8 pm (15 to 20 E) + room if your hotel is not GF. I tried one very nice girl one night, she masturbated and came under my eyes! But too narrow to do more, and my excitement for LB is limited!

TigeDeJade
01-05-13, 22:22
LUANG PRABANG.

LP is a marvellous place from a cultural point of view with its temples and French colonial architecture.

I stayed 9 nights, beginning of November.

And for our passion, I consider to have been lucky.

I stayed in a small guest house: Riverside Guesthouse, wonderfully located : 2 mn of Vat Xieng Thong with breakfast over the Nam-Ou river.

I paid USD 40 per night with Asiarooms, but extended without travel agency costs at USD 33 (idea: book only 2 nights with travel agent, to be sure to have a bed especially if you arrive late, as LP is very tourist place, then extend at no travel agents costs)

I shall not say that Riverside Guesthouse is GF. I do not know!

And as guesthouses are packed with respectable standard tourists, I can easily imagine that GH owners refuse or that it might be quite difficult to arrive in the entrance among tourists with a young 18 years old cuttie to be cooked in your room!

But I used my room for our hobby with no problem for a specific reason.

This GH has two rooms at ground floor where you can access without passing in front of the reception. By chance, I was given one of these two rooms.

And I did my hobby from 10 pm. Time at which the reception was closed (and other guests given a key to access to the building. Where it might have been more difficult also in consideration of possible tourists in the corridor.)

By night LP is a place where tuk tuks operate (I discovered it is not true anywhere in Laos).

In the main street (Thanon Sisavangvong) from 9 pm you have tuk tuk drivers asking: " do you want lady boom boom?".

The guy asked for 50 000 kips (5 E) to lead me to the place.

And he led me to the brothels place pretty far from the center. (cf. Map) : straight from the main street until PHOSY MARKET (written on the wall easy to find) , then turn left till SEVEENTH NIGHT CLUB (no action at night, only locals socialising) , then it is the first large muddy path on the right: after shops on the right, you are in the brothels muddy courtyard. Later on, I asked tuk tuk drivers to lead me to the hotel mentioned on the map, in such a way I did not have to pay mongers extra fee and commission.

Around 3km from center.

The first purpose of this site is to share useful info for other mongers to enrich our mutual experiences and save our money!

I get a lot of infos from it, each time I can reciprocate, I do!

In a vast muddy courtyard (I can hardly imagine how it is during rainy season: take your boots!) you have a dozen of brothels in slum houses, where you can consume on site or takeaway. Most locals takeaway with their motorbike (same for you if you rent one). I took away with tuk tuk. Not always available, but waiting some minutes, one arrives.

Action night 1:

The tuk tuk driver introduced me in various houses.

Of course he was commissioned. And I was asked thai ST rate 1000 bt. 250 000 kip (25E) , which added to his journeys (50 000x2) plus the justified tip (cf infra) 50 000. Induced a 400 000 kips (40 E) trip!

But it was a worthwile investment (cf infra)

I chose a small thin very young cuttie (around 18) , and without touching eachother in the lao mood (never touch publicly a Lao girl) she climbed in the tuk tuk and we were driven to Riverside GH. It was around 10. 15 pm all closed; went straight to my room. She showered alone; then I did same.

In bed she first looked shy, but I discovered it was the kind of girl we like: saying "no" to mean "yes"finally. After various caresses, she enjoyed very much DATY under the light.

Then came the main dish.

After first refusal, I discovered she liked very much to be kissed on neck, then ears. It became from that moment a true fusion between this so young cuttie and me (65!)

We had a 40 mn session.

She was moaning in the Japanese way : seeming to suffer, but mask of suffering being in fact expression of deep pleasure. And she finally reached climax in my arms. So I offered her after this gift, my own intimate abandon and offering.

We were both happy and sweaty!

She showered, she thanked me for the tip, and she left (never mind the way they come back: all these girls have a mobile and probably a pimp with motorbike comes to bring them back or they take a tuk tuk? No taxi money)

Action night 2:

I had clearly identified the place. Even with my rented bicycle on daytime, so I asked a tuk tuk to lead me to the nearby hotel for 30 000 kips. So he did. After he left, I crossed the road and visited the brothels courtyard.

Unfortunately my previous night cuttie was probably already in other arms!

I went to another house and chose a young thin one.

I staight proposed 200 000 kip. Which were immediately agreed. I believe that the local pays much less and that 150 000 kip might have been possible for me (?)

Took another tuk tuk just waiting 30 000 kips.

Back in room, the girl undressed shameless under the light, but refused shower!

She refused DATY, going straight to main dish, but she was complaining, asking me to come insistently. After around 10 mn, she succeeded to withdraw; I protested, saying and showing no finish, she argued in an ununderstandable way of course. I scolded, grumbled. She dressed and I throwed her out (without tip of course)

Damage: 260 000 kips.

Action night 3:

I have been lucky: my first night cuttie was available.

I repeated same delicious session and scenario (cf supra)

Damage: 200 000+30 000+30 000+50000=310000 kips (31E)

Action night 4:

Back to the farm.

My cuttie still busy.

I take a nice long brown hair girl. Very cute girl.

She did the job, but did not enjoy at all.

I love only when they enjoy!

In consideration of cost, as you see, my activity in LP has not been as intensive as afterwards during my last stay in UDON THANI (cf my report) for same quality of lao stuff at cheapest cost.

TigeDeJade
01-05-13, 22:35
THAKEK, SAVANNAKIET.

To make it short : not places for mongering.

1) THAKEK :

A true shithole for our hobby.

Worthwile only for one night to enjoy the French colonial architecture along the Mekong.

At night time not a single tuk tuk in the streets!

I shall never know if there is a brothel!

Even impossible to rent a bicycle: they rent only motorbikes.

I stayed in viet managed MEKONG Hotel (wide room : 130 000 kip. 13E) which corridors are facing the MEKONG river : very nice in the morning or at sunset, but do not try breakfast, except if you are viet.

On the hotel side, part of the hotel, there is a "Massage" parlour. In fact fully devoted to sex with viet girls. Probably the viet customers manage the situation, but I could not.

First I paid the "massage" (60000 kip. 10000 kip more than usual)

Could not chose the girl.

However fleshy with muscles, OK, around 25 year old vietgirl was devoted to me.

As soon as I lied on the bed, she started to suggest me HJ. I said "no" (at my age my liquor is too precious to be wasted that way) , but I proposed her FS.

Her answer was not clear, probably negative, as I interpreted it, but she continued to ask me greedily money, money. For what? I insisted, showing her pussy. But the only answer in gesture language was money, money. If she had start to show she withdraw her short jeans, it would have been clear and I would have start to show some money. But I was sure to be cheated as soon as I would have give her some money, and I hate such open venality. In any case, the way she presented things guaranteed a zero happiness.

So I told her, do the massage, nothing else.

She was angry, as it is clear that this place is a sex place, not massage place.

I put my watch and showed her, I had paid for one hour massage, and required my massage, as the rest, I was sure, would be zero quality.

She complained a lot especially over the open walls to colleagues. I did not care. This little ***** needed a lesson.

Impression in THAKEK is that they do not care at all about visitors except to make money.detestable viet influence. (I made a trek in the jungle and caves which costed me 50% more than in LUANG PRABANG, for same prestation.)

Plenty of karaoke. Locals of all ages like to have fun there and the youth is everywhere with their motorbikes.

But nobody comes to you or to talk with. Their English is below zero.

Near the old market, it is true that I saw one or two vietshops, on daytime, very crumpy, but even no transport to go there by night!

2) SAVANNAKIET :

Not much better.

Just worth for French colonial architecture.

Some tuktuks at night.

So I asked one for lady boom boom.

He laughed and led me first to a night club with ladies outside. I said it was not what I wanted. He stopped me in front of a shop which was effectively a small brothel with 2 girls. A girl started at USD 100. I laughed!

Later, I came back by foot to that place. The girl, more reasonable, told me 1000 bahts (250000kip) I said Ok. I preferred to takeaway and brought her to my hotel (Hotel Savanbanhao which has the merit to be divided in 4 pavilions, and which is clearly GF.)

The girl around 19, was physically10/10: superb shape, firm tits, nice buttocks, generous pussy.

But after less than ten minutes she complained that I was supposed to have finished. I complained, groaned, scolded her. For nothing, she succeeded to withdraw and I had been cheated!

Next night I wanted to know if the girls in front of night clubs were available for action. In fact it seems a night club affiliated to the hotel just in front.

I chose a girl waiting on the bench outside.

But it appeared that it was only a bar and hostess system.

I paid her a Beerlao, and after a few minutes, I suggested her boom boom, she said 'no'.

No conversation possible. She just made toast to my glass each time she was drinking.

I finally went to pay the bill: the 2beers + 30000kip of hostess fee (3E)

So is mongers life in Central LAOS!

A mixture of lao laziness and viet greediness for money.

VIETNAM is at 150 km and the bus station demonstrates that it is the leading influence.

Akuji
01-15-13, 07:49
Awesome report man!

Fark, I'm in my 30s and only just discovering all this mongering just recently.

Been paying $100 Australian prices for far too long now.

Feel like I've wasted most of my life away not knowing about all this. Going to make the ISG my home page and read abit each day now.

Red Kilt
01-24-13, 04:10
Anybody in Vientiane now or been there in the past few weeks?

What's the scene like now around Bor Pen Yang and Kop Chai Deu?

Any new discos or bars opened?

My last visit was 2011 and I will be back again soon.

Is the disco at the Don Chan Palace Hotel (the monstrosity on the Mekong) up and running again?

Thanks for any on-the-ground and up-to-date intel.

Donnylad
03-16-13, 17:13
Apologies for the delay in this report. This happened on the CNY / Tet weekend in Feb and is appropriate as a response to the previous post on the forum. Stated at the Win Hotel on Chao Anou. Had to stay on the ground floor due to my disability and the room was one of the worst I stayed in during my trip anda cost of $30 / night. I had prearranged to ensure it is gf. There were 2 members of staff that spoke english and were extremely helpful in general. I arrived at lunchtime and after a quick lunch I decided to hit Bor Peng Nyang. It was pretty dead with the barman and a girl (whom I presumed to be staff) playing pool. I had a water and watched them finish. It soon transpired the girl was a customer. Said she used to work there and visited often. Spoke good english and was pretty plain looking so presumed she was not on the menu. Anyway, we soon started playing pool and having a laugh. Can't remember her name. Said she was early 30s and a single mum etc. During this time. 2 real hotties came in and started playing pool on the other table. I used this to try and see what my girl's intentions were by quietly asking her if the other 2 were hookers. She said they probably were but didn't give anything away. After our game I agreed to buy her a drink. Said she had a Malaysian bf but they split etc. Annoyingly, I spent a good half hr of wasted time where I didn't have the guts to negotiate with the other 2 chicks or ask my one if she was interested. Eventually I broke the ice and she was only too happy to go back to my hotel. Think we settled in 200k for 2 hrs. As we left, I figured I would be able to tackle the other 2 later on. As has happened in numerous other places I visted, this turned out to be a sort of 'beginners luck' as in numerous visits at various times of the day over the next 2 days, I would not see any more working girls at this bar. However, I must admit that the latest time I went there was around 7pm.

Took her motorbike to get to the hotel which was pretty close. At the room she had an average figure which bore the scars of childbirth. She was very accomodating and provided a GFE with DFK. I'm pretty sure her general service was good. No photos allowed though. At the end she suggested she accompany me for a few days but this isn't my style so I declined. As it happens, the next day the receptionist said my 'gf' had come around looking for me! I never saw her again. I also visited Chop Khai Deu a couple of times but only saw foreigner couples there each time. There were a couple of other leads I got but came to nothing. Never really got to the Don Chan Palace though. I did decided in desperation to try a brothel using tuktuk drivers so one took me quite a way out near the bus station on the airport Road to a residential area. There was usual mamsan with a few really young looking girls. Only the tuk tuk driver spoke english. I handed over my translated Lao text explaining what I wanted. I chose one girl and was assured she would do what I wanted. Price was again 200k for 2 hrs. They wanted me to pay there but I insisted on paying the girl after and they agreed. Back in my room, the weirdest episode of my entire mongering career occurred. I started getting undressed for our shower together and the girl burst into tears and ran out of the room! After 5 mins of trying to get the receptionist to translate, it turned out that she wanted me to keep my shirt on as she was scared of my hairy body! Needless to say she soon left without any money and, surprisingly, without any trouble.

The only other interesting venue was a place I learned about called Samlo. This is a bar that doesn't open till about 8pm and is a sports bar. It is pretty small and cosy with table footy & pool tables also. The first night I went there it was about 9pm and it was quiet as it was a weekday. No working girls were apparent when I got there. After about 10 mins of sitting there with a beer, a pretty, short babe walked in. I grabbed my opportunity and got her to join me. She didn't speak as good english as was first indicated. Mid 20s with usual story. Think I agreed 2 hrs for 200k as before. I let her read my Lao text and she said it was all fine. We soon headed back to mine. It later became apparent that her behaviour was strange. She seemed to get really paranoid and then acted normally in waves. She was either on something or has mental health issues. She refused to shave and also refused photos but I decided not to push it. Her body was pretty good but the service was average to poor. In the end couldn't wait to get her out. Regrettably I didn't end up going back there the 2nd night and ended up with nothing. On my last night, which was a sat night, I went there and it was kicking. A mixed crowd but available working girls weren't that obvious at first. I played some table footy with a couple of french guys. It got busier by then (11pm) and a group of hot ladies joined us and started playing. The details are a bit hazy but there was this one slim, knockout babe with a pierced tongue. Her english wasn't great and I think she had a pimp there who was helping her negotiate. She kept talking in baht (I think it was 2k she wanted) and I offered 300k kip bjut she refused. One of her friends was a bit more meaty and I regret never speaking to her. I think I spoke to a couple of other girls outside but to no avail. Against all odds and unbelievably I ended up returning empty handed. Samlo was definitely the best of a poor bunch of mongering venues. For those that are interested, there was one obvious ladyboy in the bar and a few at various crossroads on the streets outside.

DL

Asian Summer
05-11-13, 20:29
Hi all,

I am planning my holiday to Asia in this summer. A couple of days I will be in Vientiane. Here in the forum I have found some good informations, thanks for that!

Some useful links:

Accommodations, bars. http://maps.google.ch/maps/ms?msid=208756340057695061053.0004aca6c5f1ee35ad4f9&msa=0&ll=17.963711.102. 600288&spn=0. 185827, 0.195351.

(Old) map of Vientiane: http://laomate.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=98894&p=3&topicID=25987676

Cu later

Ravenous
07-09-13, 12:07
* The Drop Zone Bar: Freestyle bar, at times working girls to be found.

* Bor Pen Nyang: Classy Bar, working girls to be found.

* Nightclub At Home.

* Wonderland, good brothel with nice rooms. The girls line up and you pay 300.000 KIP for shorttime.

UlyLee
07-13-13, 20:45
* The Drop Zone Bar: Freestyle bar, at times working girls to be found.

* Bor Pen Nyang: Classy Bar, working girls to be found.

* Nightclub At Home.

* Wonderland, good brothel with nice rooms. The girls line up and you pay 300. 000 KIP for shorttime.Where is Wonderland. I've been to the others, except for that.

Franco Cozzo
12-29-13, 17:29
OK, so from the usual RTFFing on Laos, this is the information that I have found. I am compiling for my own use, hopefully it assists others. If anyone has updated information, knows that any of this is no longer true, or disagrees with prices / availability / anything else, please let me know and I'll update this post.

Vientiane: Seems to be the town with the most rule breaking in regards to no-foreigner-and-Laotian-Lady hanky panky law.

Places for potential FL hookups include: Bor Pen Nyang, atHome nightclub, The Drop Zone, Samlo, Anou Cabaret, Mekong Hotel disco, Khop Chai Deu, Future, Don Chan Palace disco (if reopened) , Nam Phou (the fountain) , Alexia Tex Mex, Pakpasuk bar. Rates 250, 000. 300, 000 kip / US$20.$40/1000. 1500BHT LT.

Hotels with a brothel side business / active carpark: La Ong Dao 1 (Room 600THB for night. 200THB for short time use) , La Ong Dao 2, Mekong, Wonderland (though there is a potential risk of being extorted here) , is there anything on Wonderland 2 (I'd assume also a potential no-go)? Prices: 1000. 1500BHT ST. 2000BHT LT. 300, 000 Kip ST

Guest Friendly hotels: Riverside hotel, Intercity Hotel, Mercure (though potentially not anymore. Would like confirmation on this, if anyone has stayed) , Lao orchid Hotel, Avalon, Win Hotel, many other 2 and 3 star properties near the river inc Vansana Riverside; Hotel Beau Rivage, Lane Xang Hotel, and of course those hotels mentioned as having a P2P side business in the above sections.

Luang Probang: Not as much action as VT.

The main p2p action that is semi-recent that I could find was near the Phosi Market, Seventh Night Club, Ban Hao Nightclub and karaoke and Vangphan Khan Hotel. Although I could not find the Clubs or Hotel via Google Maps or other online maps, I believe from looking at the satellite image of the area, that the place is located at 19. 874691, 102. 125031 If someone who has visited can copy the coordinates into google maps (with satellite view on) , and tell me whether I am correct or not in my assumption, it would be great.

Dao Fah / Daofa night club may be worth investigating as well. Which is across the street from the Stadium and the southern bus station.

Does anyone have any info on GF hotels in LP. The only recent one I found RTFFing was My Dream Boutique Resort.

FunMan13
03-08-15, 07:41
Thanks Franco. Great wrap up. I will be in Vientiane and LP next month. I hope to add to your report.

OK, so from the usual RTFFing on Laos, this is the information that I have found. I am compiling for my own use, hopefully it assists others. If anyone has updated information, knows that any of this is no longer true, or disagrees with prices / availability / anything else, please let me know and I'll update this post.

Vientiane: Seems to be the town with the most rule breaking in regards to no-foreigner-and-Laotian-Lady hanky panky law.

Places for potential FL hookups include: Bor Pen Nyang, atHome nightclub, The Drop Zone, Samlo, Anou Cabaret, Mekong Hotel disco, Khop Chai Deu, Future, Don Chan Palace disco (if reopened) , Nam Phou (the fountain) , Alexia Tex Mex, Pakpasuk bar. Rates 250, 000. 300, 000 kip / US$20.$40/1000. 1500BHT LT.

Hotels with a brothel side business / active carpark: La Ong Dao 1 (Room 600THB for night. 200THB for short time use) , La Ong Dao 2, Mekong, Wonderland (though there is a potential risk of being extorted here) , is there anything on Wonderland 2 (I'd assume also a potential no-go)? Prices: 1000. 1500BHT ST. 2000BHT LT. 300, 000 Kip ST

Guest Friendly hotels: Riverside hotel, Intercity Hotel, Mercure (though potentially not anymore. Would like confirmation on this, if anyone has stayed) , Lao orchid Hotel, Avalon, Win Hotel, many other 2 and 3 star properties near the river inc Vansana Riverside; Hotel Beau Rivage, Lane Xang Hotel, and of course those hotels mentioned as having a P2P side business in the above sections.

Luang Probang: Not as much action as VT.

The main p2p action that is semi-recent that I could find was near the Phosi Market, Seventh Night Club, Ban Hao Nightclub and karaoke and Vangphan Khan Hotel. Although I could not find the Clubs or Hotel via Google Maps or other online maps, I believe from looking at the satellite image of the area, that the place is located at 19. 874691, 102. 125031 If someone who has visited can copy the coordinates into google maps (with satellite view on) , and tell me whether I am correct or not in my assumption, it would be great.

Dao Fah / Daofa night club may be worth investigating as well. Which is across the street from the Stadium and the southern bus station.

Does anyone have any info on GF hotels in LP. The only recent one I found RTFFing was My Dream Boutique Resort.

Red Kilt
03-08-15, 10:49
Thanks Franco. Great wrap up. I will be in Vientiane and LP next month. I hope to add to your report.Note the dates of Franco's post Funman.

His info was useful and a good guide but do your own due diligence as it is a year out of date.

Things go up and down and change a lot in Vientiane.

My last (recent) visit there 2 months back I had the security in my 4 star hotel tell me (when I asked) that I would not be able to bring a guest back to my room as the authorities were doing a bit of a crackdown.

His other tips are worth checking out, but just to add MHO and update to his list.

BPY has the ugliest hookers I have seen anywhere in the world (and that's no exaggeration). At Home is very hit-or-miss whether there is anyone there.

Don Chan was closed. Anou is one of the sleaziest places I have been.

Watch out for the plague of LBs on motorbikes. They seem to be everywhere.

FunMan13
03-12-15, 01:59
Hi Red Kilt.

Thanks for pointing out to me. Laos does not seem to be a good mongering place. Fortunately my primary purpose is tourism and sight seeing. I am also not overly desperate as I will also be going to Bangkok and Angeles City on this trip.

What about across the border in Nong Khai? Is it a better mongering place? There is no info on this place, not even in the Thailand thread.

FN.

Red Kilt
06-16-16, 07:49
Check the link.

http://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/this-is-the-new-sex-tourism-destination/61036?utm_source=aah1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pp&utm_content=inf_10_92_2&tse_id=INF_5b8b6e20330b11e69519013b248da655

Dajudge
06-25-16, 21:40
I plan to spend a couple of weeks in Vientiane in the fall. I am looking for young sexy Lao girls. Would appreciate any suggestions as to recent pick-up places, massage parlors with FS, brothels, friendly hotels, and price info in THB.

PMs are welcome.

Red Kilt
06-26-16, 04:57
I plan to spend a couple of weeks in Vientiane in the fall. I am looking for young sexy Lao girls. Would appreciate any suggestions as to recent pick-up places, massage parlors with FS, brothels, friendly hotels, and price info in THB.

PMs are welcome.Have you not read back through ANY of this thread DJ?

If you do you will learn that the scene has not changed in Vientiane for the past 2 years at least. You can go back to 2012 posts and the advice you read there is still current.

What exactly do you mean by "young, sexy, Lao girls?" What is young for you? If you mean 18 - 24 then you will not find these Lao girls in any of the pick-up places who are not fairly hard-core hookers unless you go to the places described in this thread and have patience. I mean Bor Pen Yang, At Home disco to name just 2. Young Lao girls are wary about being seen alone with foreigners (old or young), even if you are just having dinner, lunch or a coffee.

Then there are the massage places which are very much more "miss" than "hit".

ShinShin
07-15-16, 17:23
Very quiet forum for a long time. Time to input something. I had a long stay in Vientiane recently. There are now lots of new monthly condos you can rent all over town. I paid for a quite nice one bedroom plus all utilities for about little bit over 1200 US / month. Scooter rental is still cheap, for automatic about 90 k Kip or less a day. Longer term like a month you get 10-20% discount. Most places want you to deposit passport there for short term rental, but for long term rental, they demand a deposit of 500-1000 US depend on the type of scooter and different shops. I also rented a car many times, the rental price in Laos is still more expensive than Thailand, Malaysia, and other SEA countries, I rented small Toyota, and small Hyundai, all around 50 USD a day.

I also extended my visa once, it's so easy, extend it before expire, you tell them how many days you want to extend, it's 2 dollar charge per day, if you extend 15 more days, it's still cheaper than making a visa run to Nong Khai if you have to pay 30-40 visa fee, save the hassle as well, but if you want extend whole month, probably just go to Friendship Bridge and make a u-turn back and buy one more visa is cheaper.

I covered quite a lot of territories this trip, the stay in Vientiane is really enjoyable, but of course the expenses are much higher than Thailand, the good food (nice clean food is expensive here), the clean and nice accommodation, the car rental all add up very quickly.

The scenes covered in this forum years ago all stay pretty much the same, except overall prices are higher now in most places compared to 1-2 years ago. There are now more and more local pick up spots in the south of Kampengmuang Road, I found lots of more shops that I previously never noticed. All locals not a foreigner to be seen in this whole area, but I enjoyed it, not much trouble at all. You can eat and drink with them, and take them for LT or ST, they have onsite rooms as well, but I mostly took them back for LT, still many fresh unspolied unjaded cuties here and there. Also found more little Viet shops in disguise all over the suburb. Just a guide line, ST on site in all these local shops are around 200000 kip and LT all under 500000 kip. I bargained a few places down to 350000 to 400000 kip LT. But they will all quote you 500 k.

One good find was a new China Donguang style sauna. Before there were 2 similar style joints some years ago, but are closed or relocated that I could not find anymore, one day, I was driving all over the suburb, and I passed a hotel with a group of Chinese businessmen entering the hotel side door, so I parked my car and decided to investigate, and the hotel bellboy just said to me even before I asked anything, sauna is open already, said in Lao language.

It's a genuine Dongguang style sauna, and all girls are from China, price is quite high, but so as the quality of girls extremely high, seems like a special place to serve specially to their Chinese compatriots in Vientiane, but non Chinese all welcome, the manager told me. 80 min from 1000000 kip to 1500000 kip or pay in USD 125 USD to 185 USD per session, the taller ones are in higher category. I ended up visiting this place 7 times during my 45 day stay. The girls I had all allowed me multiple pops, not sure if every one does that. The service is identical to Changping saunas. If any old long term member interested about this new Changping Dongguang style sauna I found recently, can PM me for location.

Member #4566
07-15-16, 21:15
One good find was a new China Donguang style sauna. This presupposes knowledge of the CP Doggy Style Sauna. I have been there but never done that. You could perhaps give us a stroke by stroke description. Oh, and please don't disappoint me with what some jerks would do on this forum and refer me back to RTFF of the Changping thread. BTW, are you Lao? I have never found language to be an impenetrable barrier when negotiating for penetration but non-matching ethnic origin has occasionally been a per se obstacle. I have been in Laos and it was OK and would like to give it a go again. Thank you for your help.

Red Kilt
07-16-16, 04:09
Very quiet forum for a long time. Time to input something. . . . . .

Scooter rental is still cheap, for automatic about 90 k Kip or less a day. Longer term like a month you get 10-20% discount. Most places want you to deposit passport there for short term rental, but for long term rental, they demand a deposit of 500-1000 US depend on the type of scooter and different shops. <SNIP>

I also extended my visa once, it's so easy, extend it before expire, you tell them how many days you want to extend, it's 2 dollar charge per day, if you extend 15 more days, it's still cheaper than making a visa run to Nong Khai if you have to pay 30-40 visa fee, save the hassle as well, but if you want extend whole month, probably just go to Friendship Bridge and make a u-turn back and buy one more visa is cheaper.
Great detailed report ShinShin. Thanks for that.

Just a couple of points to add to your post from someone who has spent a great deal of time in Vientiane over recent years.

NEVER EVER give your passport to a rental agency as deposit for anything. Offer a copy of your passport or negotiate to give a cash deposit instead but NEVER relinquish your passport. My Government is very firm about this, and advise us never to hand over the passport. If the renter will not accept an alternative then be assertive and walk away.

Re extending the visa? I always go to the Immigration office and extend my visa for a full month. It's very easy. There is absolutely no need to do a visa run over the Friendship Bridge unless you have a lot of free time and wish to have an adventure in Nong Khai.

The office is easy to find. Just walk along LHS of Avenue Lane Xang (towards the Patuxay Monument with Presidential Palace behind you) past ANZ Bank to the next corner; turn left and the Immig Office is on opposite side of street about 50 meters from the corner (it is signposted but is a non-descript sort of building, with lots of motorbikes parked in front). You can extend from 1 or 2 days up to 30 days. You pay the fee up front and leave your passport overnight (pick-up next day). Despite what I said above about not giving up your passport, this is a necessary step, and you are leaving it with Lao Immigration. I have done this many times, and there has never been any hassles.

Just a reminder. One visit I went 7.5 hours over my visa entitlement, thinking that it would not be a problem as I was leaving at 0730 h after visa expiry. At immig on departure I was taken to a side room and very politely asked why I had gone over my departure day. It was only a few hours and the officer was very understanding and agreed it seemed such a short time but nevertheless he gave me an official document showing both the fee for extending one day and the fine for failing to do so. I received an official receipt etc and the fee wasn't much at all but it was mush more than it would have been had I extended and it also delayed me by around 30 minutes so be warned. Much easier to go to the office and extend, even if only a day or so.

ShinShin
07-16-16, 08:05
Some scooter rental places are very firm about holding your passport. Lao business people are less flexible than Thais I feel. If they don't take cash deposit just go next place, there are scooter rentals all over tourist areas. I could easily find places that take cash deposit, basically you put cash there almost the value of the scooter. Check your scooter for any damage before you ride off, if there is any falling paint or dent, show to the store people before you ride off to avoid problem. Driving a car is really easy in Vientiane, it's safer than scooter, the cheapest cars are around 50 USD incl basic insurance. Need international license plus your home license, passport, credit card. I picked up quite a few girls from these very very local joints on Kampenmuang Rd, and took them LT and drove them around, most of them were quite excited because these girls from upcountry rarely ride in passenger cars. I really enjoyed these restaurant brothels along Kampenmuang Rd, seems these local guys they mostly just eat drink and flirt with these girls, did not see many taking them for ST or LT. The onsite rooms were all quite disgusting, better take them back to hotel or nearby motel.

All these hotel pick ups mentioned in this forum back 3-4 years ago are all still in existence. But the quality is not as good as 3-4 years ago, these places can be very hectic with tons of tourist traffic, seems more and more rip off at these places nowadays. I was quoted all sort of prices at different visits even at same joints. I did not enjoy the tourist atmosphere at these famous hotel brothels. I ended up spending lots of free time enjoying the pure local joints along Kampengmuang. There is no English spoken, they all understand Thai words, but these girls are all friendly and everyone wait patiently for my google translate, sometimes have no clue what it means, so lots of laughter sometimes. By the way, even the very south side of the city has some hotel pick ups, I found it by accident, it's really far away from the city center, I found it by seeing a group of Koreans getting off a mini van in some empty deserted hotel, so must be some hanky panky going on, I stopped my car and followed them and found a room full of lass.

Even I stayed 45 days in Vientiane, I feel there are still tons and tons of hidden places out there to be discovered.

Regarding visa extension, it's correct it takes one night, you apply morning pick up next day. But I picked up 3 days later due to laziness, my passport was still safely there, no problem. Forget to mention there is a small service fee like 2 USD, plus 2 dollar for each day you wish to extend.

MusicalToM
07-16-16, 21:51
Great detailed report ShinShin. Thanks for that.

Just a couple of points to add to your post from someone who has spent a great deal of time in Vientiane over recent years.

NEVER EVER give your passport to a rental agency as deposit for anything. Offer a copy of your passport or negotiate to give a cash deposit instead but NEVER relinquish your passport. My Government is very firm about this, and advise us never to hand over the passport. If the renter will not accept an alternative then be assertive and walk away.I haven't rented a scooter in Vientiane since a friend of my GF was having one. But I've rented scooters in Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang and it was awesome. You go to any small or big agency, they ask for Passport without which they never agree. As per my experience it's very much safe to give them the Passport since they handle and keep it safely. To be specific, in Vang Vieng this rental agency took my passport, wrapped it with a A4 size blank paper and mentioned my name, vehicle registration number on it. They all keep it on a drawer or a hanging cupboard which can be accessed only by staff.

I rented multiple times both from big and small rental agencies and never had a problem with anybody. Smaller agencies tend to be more relaxed than larger agencies, but scooter quality isn't guaranteed. I haven't tried but my GF told me some agencies even accept any official ID proof as deposit, not sure whether it's true.

All-in-all, I felt the rental part a bit less relaxed when compared to Thailand, but it's hassle free unlike Thailand where even a small dent mark could invite unnecessary fines from you. But renting a scooter is always fun and saves money you are supposed to give to taxis. And if you are giving your passport while renting then keep 1-2 copies of it with you, may be one with you always and one with your luggage securely at your hotel.

Red Kilt
07-17-16, 07:24
I haven't rented a scooter in Vientiane since a friend of my GF was having one. But I've rented scooters in Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang and it was awesome. You go to any small or big agency, they ask for Passport without which they never agree. As per my experience it's very much safe to give them the Passport since they handle and keep it safely. To be specific, in Vang Vieng this rental agency took my passport, wrapped it with a A4 size blank paper and mentioned my name, vehicle registration number on it. They all keep it on a drawer or a hanging cupboard which can be accessed only by staff.
I have never had a problem renting anything either despite refusing to give my passport as a deposit.

There are always other alternatives.

My original point was that IMHO anyone who hands over his passport to a rental agency like this is taking a big risk.

I have no doubts that the agency will take good care of your passport, but once you hand over your passport you have lost ALL bargaining rights if the rental agency wants more money because of dents, scratches etc whether they were there before or not.

There are plenty of documented cases of unscrupulous agents taking advantage of foreigners who hand over their passports, as explained to me by embassy staff in both Thailand and Laos.

ShinShin
07-18-16, 12:54
Something just pop out of my mind, like to add something general about girls' services. If you are a big blow job fan, then Lao maybe not a fun place for you. The girls are all younger and fresher than in Cambodia or Thailand, there are lots of late teens and early 20's in all kinds of venues, and in my experience the girls in Lao local scene are more girlfriendly than the tourist brothels, tourist brothels are all quite mechanical. If you take them LT from the very local joints, they really have some GF feel. But in general, the BJ ratio is low in Laos, I did not really count, exclude the China babes in sauna where they are using tongue as their main weapon, I had about 30 Lao girls in 45 days, and I think got only about 7 BJs, I think 2-3 are covered. Also I think I had about 4-5 Viet girls and got CBJ or BBBJ from all of them for some extra fee. So keep this in mind, BJ fan will not enjoy Laos.

Chacal60
07-21-16, 03:05
Great posts ShinShin. I am returning to VNT in Oct or Nov, and considering a condo rental rather than a hotel. Is it considered GF to bring a date back to your rental, or as with most hotels is it strictly prohibited?

Thanks. See.

Very quiet forum for a long time. Time to input something. I had a long stay in Vientiane recently. There are now lots of new monthly condos you can rent all over town. I paid for a quite nice one bedroom plus all utilities for about little bit over 1200 US / month. Scooter rental is still cheap, for automatic about 90 k Kip or less a day. Longer term like a month you get 10-20% discount. Most places want you to deposit passport there for short term rental, but for long term rental, they demand a deposit of 500-1000 US depend on the type of scooter and different shops. I also rented a car many times, the rental price in Laos is still more expensive than Thailand, Malaysia, and other SEA countries, I rented small Toyota, and small Hyundai, all around 50 USD a day.

I covered quite a lot of territories this trip, the stay in Vientiane is really enjoyable, but of course the expenses are much higher than Thailand, the good food (nice clean food is expensive here), the clean and nice accommodation, the car rental all add up very quickly.

The scenes covered in this forum years ago all stay pretty much the same, except overall prices are higher now in most places compared to 1-2 years ago. There are now more and more local pick up spots in the south of Kampengmuang Road, I found lots of more shops that I previously never noticed. All locals not a foreigner to be seen in this whole area, but I enjoyed it, not much trouble at all. You can eat and drink with them, and take them for LT or ST, they have onsite rooms as well, but I mostly took them back for LT, still many fresh unspolied unjaded cuties here and there. Also found more little Viet shops in disguise all over the suburb. Just a guide line, ST on site in all these local shops are around 200000 kip and LT all under 500000 kip. I bargained a few places down to 350000 to 400000 kip LT. But they will all quote you 500 k.

One good find was a new China Donguang style sauna. Before there were 2 similar style joints some years ago, but are closed or relocated that I could not find anymore, one day, I was driving all over the suburb, and I passed a hotel with a group of Chinese businessmen entering the hotel side door, so I parked my car and decided to investigate, and the hotel bellboy just said to me even before I asked anything, sauna is open already, said in Lao language.

It's a genuine Dongguang style sauna, and all girls are from China, price is quite high, but so as the quality of girls extremely high, seems like a special place to serve specially to their Chinese compatriots in Vientiane, but non Chinese all welcome, the manager told me. 80 min from 1000000 kip to 1500000 kip or pay in USD 125 USD to 185 USD per session, the taller ones are in higher category. I ended up visiting this place 7 times during my 45 day stay. The girls I had all allowed me multiple pops, not sure if every one does that. The service is identical to Changping saunas. If any old long term member interested about this new Changping Dongguang style sauna I found recently, can PM me for location.

Red Kilt
07-22-16, 07:01
Great posts ShinShin. I am returning to VNT in Oct or Nov, and considering a condo rental rather than a hotel. Is it considered GF to bring a date back to your rental, or as with most hotels is it strictly prohibited?

Thanks. See.The rules are a bit more relaxed now Chacal especially for hotels, as long as you are not too "in your face" about it when you bring home a visitor.

For condotel and apartment rentals, such as Air bnb and others, there should be nobody to check on your business.

Read the rental clause carefully. Most Air bnb allow at least 2 and often 3 residents, and there are always clauses about additional visitors. Unless you are renting a room in a dwelling where the landlord also lives, then there should be no "moral police" around to check on you.

MusicalToM
07-22-16, 20:34

Thanks. See.
The rules are a bit more relaxed now Chacal especially for hotels, as long as you are not too "in your face" about it when you bring home a visitor.

For condotel and apartment rentals, such as Air bnb and others, there should be nobody to check on your business.

Read the rental clause carefully. Most Air bnb allow at least 2 and often 3 residents, and there are always clauses about additional visitors. Unless you are renting a room in a dwelling where the landlord also lives, then there should be no "moral police" around to check on you.I'm not sure about Serviced Apartments / Monthly Rentals but when it comes to Hotels, as per my experience it's better to book the room for 2 people rather than 1, of-course if you have plans for bringing somebody. Like 'Red Kilt' said, hotel people don't interfere into your business unless you do something which affects their business.

Recently I stayed at a hotel near "Talat Sao Shopping mall", the staff were all Vietnamese. On the first evening my GF came over with a friend of her's and they stayed in my room for 1 HR before we headed out for dinner. No body asked us any question neither while entering nor while coming out.

But typically if you stay at high end hotels like "Landmark", they sometimes poke into your personal life if you bring unannounced guests. They think if you bring working ladies then it may affect their reputation, but never mind "money" is something which can make everything happen in Lao.

I'll be taking a lay-over at Vientiane (2 days maybe) in the month of Sept before heading to my GF's country side home. Planning to book a high end hotel this time to see how things are.

Red Kilt
07-23-16, 03:57
Recently I stayed at a hotel near "Talat Sao Shopping mall", the staff were all Vietnamese. On the first evening my GF came over with a friend of her's and they stayed in my room for 1 HR before we headed out for dinner. No body asked us any question neither while entering nor while coming out.

But typically if you stay at high end hotels like "Landmark", they sometimes poke into your personal life if you bring unannounced guests. They think if you bring working ladies then it may affect their reputation, but never mind "money" is something which can make everything happen in Lao.

I'll be taking a lay-over at Vientiane (2 days maybe) in the month of Sept before heading to my GF's country side home. Planning to book a high end hotel this time to see how things are.It seems to me that when you brought the 2 girls into your room it was early evening (before dinner). Most hotels everywhere (and also in Laos) have no problems with visitors in rooms before 10 pm, so that's probably why it was OK.

You mentioned "Landmark" as a high-end hotel which is, of course, in Bangkok. There are very few "high-end" hotels in Vientiane as you no doubt know, but perhaps you don't if you're using Landmark as an example.

If you read back through this forum, you will see that of the 2 or 3 high-end hotels in Vientiane (like Lao Plaza and Settha Palace), Lao Plaza seems to require a "joiner fee", so if you have booked for 2 and she checks in with you it will be interesting to see if they waive the "fee". Hotels also ask to see passports and I D too so that might cause an incident if you're a foreigner and she is a local.

I always stay in higher-end hotels in Vientiane (4-star, not Lao Plaza or Settha Palace) when I visit for work, but never bring back girls. I allow the girl to choose the ST places because they know them, and so far there have been no problems.

LaoMan
07-24-16, 02:45
It seems to me that when you brought the 2 girls into your room it was early evening (before dinner). Most hotels everywhere (and also in Laos) have no problems with visitors in rooms before 10 pm, so that's probably why it was OK.

You mentioned "Landmark" as a high-end hotel which is, of course, in Bangkok. There are very few "high-end" hotels in Vientiane as you no doubt know, but perhaps you don't if you're using Landmark as an example.There is no Landmark Hotel in Vientiane. High end places, apart from those already mentioned, are the Ansara and Salana as well as a few others around. There is a lot of nonsense posted in some of these reports. There are plenty of Viet brothels around and they are about 150.000, not the prices quoted here.

MusicalToM
07-24-16, 09:04
It seems to me that when you brought the 2 girls into your room it was early evening (before dinner). Most hotels everywhere (and also in Laos) have no problems with visitors in rooms before 10 pm, so that's probably why it was OK.

You mentioned "Landmark" as a high-end hotel which is, of course, in Bangkok. There are very few "high-end" hotels in Vientiane as you no doubt know, but perhaps you don't if you're using Landmark as an example.

If you read back through this forum, you will see that of the 2 or 3 high-end hotels in Vientiane (like Lao Plaza and Settha Palace), Lao Plaza seems to require a "joiner fee", so if you have booked for 2 and she checks in with you it will be interesting to see if they waive the "fee". Hotels also ask to see passports and I D too so that might cause an incident if you're a foreigner and she is a local.

I always stay in higher-end hotels in Vientiane (4-star, not Lao Plaza or Settha Palace) when I visit for work, but never bring back girls. I allow the girl to choose the ST places because they know them, and so far there have been no problems.Thanks for your good comments on higher end hotels. Yes, I'm exploring Vientiane at the moment and might be wrong on my definition of "high-end". However, I'm planning to stay at Landmark in my next visit, but concerned about the transportation since it's a bit far from Night Market and central Vientiane. Heard they provide free shuttle service, may be someone who already have stayed there could provide some light.

Coming to the bringing girls stuff you talked about, I don't think I ever will be able to explore that area since I stay in Vientiane with my GF only. I definitely don't go Lao for mongering, either it's for tourism or to meet GF's family. But in either cases she stays with me, never alone to explore other opportunities. I always book hotel for 2 occupants and even before checking-in make it clear that my GF would be joining me, sometimes she come late to hotel if staying home. Last time before making the booking I emailed couple of hotels and it was a clear case of a couple checking-in. But you might be right on bringing up another guest, if it's late in the night one might get questions asked to him.

Have you explored any good Hotels in North side of the city, the less crowded area?

ShinShin
07-25-16, 08:57

Thanks. See.I think others have answered for me. In my experiences all the hotels are very girl friendly except maybe these few top class hotels which I never stay before. If you still have worry then stay in a hotel attached to a brothel / karaoke / disco / clubs, these are total guarantee for companion friendly hotels. If you need some suggestions, PM me. By the way the monthly condo places are all guest friendly.

Red Kilt
07-25-16, 11:24
There is no Landmark Hotel in Vientiane. . . . There is a lot of nonsense posted in some of these reports. You're wrong LaoMan (it's always risky to accuse others of posting nonsense and then to do it yourself).

The new, very fancy and expensive Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel is now open.

It's the choice of most diplomats, and several delegations stayed there recently during the international governance convention.

High end places, apart from those already mentioned, are the Ansara and Salana as well as a few others around. There is a lot of nonsense posted in some of these reports. There are plenty of Viet brothels around and they are about 150.000, not the prices quoted here.I have stayed in Ansara and Salana and neither of them are high-end (at least not as far as rates are concerned). I saw some Japanes guests with obvious local partners while I was there and they seemed to go past reception without hassle.

The premium 5-star places are Settha Palace, Landmark Riverfront and Lao Plaza.

4-star places are plentiful (I'd put Ansara and Salana along with Sabaidee at Lao and others in as 4-star).

There is a lot of nonsense posted in some of these reports. There are plenty of Viet brothels around and they are about 150.000, not the prices quoted here.How about you identify the "nonsense" and disprove it with facts.

Some of us (like me) are in Vientiane working and need to be discreet. The last thing I want to do it go to a Viet brothel just to save money.

I am happy to pay $40 - 50 USD (300 - 400K kip) for a session with someone tapped from more reputable sources and with a little more 'class". Just my opinion of course.

Red Kilt
07-25-16, 11:34
Thanks for your good comments on higher end hotels. Yes, I'm exploring Vientiane at the moment and might be wrong on my definition of "high-end". However, I'm planning to stay at Landmark in my next visit, but concerned about the transportation since it's a bit far from Night Market and central Vientiane. Heard they provide free shuttle service, may be someone who already have stayed there could provide some light. Sorry about my comment about Landmark. I had forgotten that the new Landmark Mekong Riverfront was open now.

I don't agree that it is far from the Night Market or central Vientiane. It is very easy to get a taxi to come for you and take you where you want, and if you're staying in Landmark then costs are clearly not an issue. I have several numbers of reliable taxi operators if you want me to PM them to you.

They will come when called, usually very quickly.

New cars, with meters. Very obliging, nice guys, and if the driver cannot come when you want him he will send one of his friends. Sure it's more expensive than tuk tuks but still cheap compared to anywhere else in the world.

MusicalToM
07-25-16, 21:18
Sorry about my comment about Landmark. I had forgotten that the new Landmark Mekong Riverfront was open now.

I don't agree that it is far from the Night Market or central Vientiane. It is very easy to get a taxi to come for you and take you where you want, and if you're staying in Landmark then costs are clearly not an issue. I have several numbers of reliable taxi operators if you want me to PM them to you.

They will come when called, usually very quickly.

New cars, with meters. Very obliging, nice guys, and if the driver cannot come when you want him he will send one of his friends. Sure it's more expensive than tuk tuks but still cheap compared to anywhere else in the world.Yeah, cost is something I'm not more concerned about. I just want to try Landmark, since it'd be an onetime experience. When I come out in the afternoon / evening I always prefer to walk with my lady rather than taking a taxi, it kind of feels romantic to me to walk alongside my girl along the shores of Mekong.

For taxis, I'd say: Bargained Taxi = Non-bargained Tuk Tuk. In my last visit (early June), we queried a tuk tuk for 'Buddha Park" up-down (I suggested to take the local bus experience, but my GF preferred the other way. Lao girls always prefer the easy and comfortable way. LOL) and the driver quote 250 k Kips. Afterwards my GF bargained with a local taxi driver and we got the up-down deal for something around 200 k Kips, which included Aircon and a 2 Hrs wait.

God knows when Uber will launch in Vientiane!

It'd be very helpful to get reliable numbers from you.

Draco58
09-13-16, 00:22
Anyone around in VTE in the next few weeks? Going to be there for a longish stint.

ShinShin
12-13-16, 09:13
It's really easy for a long stay in Laos now. There are new apartments and condos for rent popping up all over the city. The price for rental is more expensive than Thailand. Expect to pay at least 500 USD for nicer and cleaner studio, or 800 USD up for a nicer one bed room for monthly. There are quite a few more luxury apartments, but expect to pay around 1000 up for one bed room. There is also a chain of monthly apartment with 7? Apartments in different locations called AVS. I never stay there but I think they have more economical rooms for 300 up. Mekong apartment which I stayed before also has cheaper monthly room for about 500/ month. AB apartment which I also stayed before also has very nice one bed room for 1000. There are now so many variety of long term accommodations to choose from. I have seen some rental agencies in town, never use them, but can be helpful looking for condo.

About the visa, you can easily stay 90 days at one time. Come in with a visa on arrival, then extend it before it expires, for 2 US a day, can extend for 30 days, then can do it again till 90 days. Then go to Nong Khai border and make a you-turn and buy a new visa, the process starts again for another 90 days. I met really a lot of expats that have been doing this for years and years. Be sure to extend the visa before expires, otherwise they charge you 10 USD a day after visa expires. I have been offered one year multiple business visa many times by different agents. Maybe I will fix a one year visa if I commit more time in Laos. There are also tons of expats on this type visa without really doing any business. The agent can fix for you for a service charge. With this visa, the good point is you can buy a car which is convenient for our hobby and do not need to pay extension fees every 30 days.

Gajith
01-11-23, 03:36
Can someone guide me where to get some FS in thakhek and when doing thakhek loop? The massage places in the city centre seems legit and many doesn't have private rooms. I went to Mekong hotel at night too but no hints of prostitution happening there.