"Germany
 La Vie en Rose
 Sex Vacation

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 322 of 1066 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 332 372 422 822 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 15977
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompetus  [View Original Post]
    It is sarcastic. It is unwelcoming and discourages newcomers from continuing further. (Not me because I earned my bones when this honoree was still trying to diddle cheerleaders.) This poster suggests that you need to pay in order to be a senior member of ISG. Not true. You don't have to pay a farthing. Additionally, this poster says that quality information is the exclusive domain of paid-for members to share among themselves. That all others are unwelcome to it until they pay. Here is more incorrect and misleading information and the arrogant tone further alienates the newcomer.
    If that sounded rude, its not because he's asking a question. Its because he's taking without giving back. Its a pattern without newbs. Your opinion that we should respond to newbs on the open board is obviously not shared by all (see below).

Apology. I suggested that the info should be shared with paying members, and that might have been wrong. I assumed that only paying members had PM function. I should have suggested that info be shared with PM-able members. Anyone contacting me in PM has my support.

The above is my opinion. Its worth what you paid for it. Anyone can disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by FreebieFan  [View Original Post]
    My golly Sir you really do have a bee in your bonnet about how newcomers are greeted here. Suggestion. Start your own ISG clone whereby you can be the administrator, moderator and owner, and kick off all who fail to live up to your won high standards of welcoming.

You tell others they should diversify, but it would appear that you are on a single one track approach. Pots and kettles and black?
    Pomp has given a lot of good info to the board. He's not the only one who feels this way. I get the occasional PM from someone expressing a similar view (once every year or two). Its roughly equivalent to those gents who think the PG should be open to anyone. Pomp, probably we just will have to agree to disagree.

This is an example of the treatment that newcomers receive from so-called experts. It is sarcastic. It is unwelcoming and discourages newcomers from continuing further. (Not me because I earned my bones when this honoree was still trying to diddle cheerleaders.) This poster suggests that you need to pay in order to be a senior member of ISG. Not true. You don't have to pay a farthing. Additionally, this poster says that quality information is the exclusive domain of paid-for members to share among themselves. That all others are unwelcome to it until they pay. Here is more incorrect and misleading information and the arrogant tone further alienates the newcomer.

ISG is not a club for a few who have lost the ability to diversify their interests and then use ISG to play out their Weltschmerz. Let's come together and allow newcomers to ask their questions, however amateurish they may seem. Answer them if you want and if you don't want, well then don't. But let's not chase them away by being rude and wrong.
    You can't use the PM facility to share information such as phone numbers etc unless you have paid the subscription as a newbie – that is fact.

You can be a senior member on ISG by asking 25 questions (or is it 50 now I forget) – fact.

I was advised by a senior member many years ago that the FR history of newbies especially is important as it show if they can and have or will contribute – sensible advice as many promise but never deliver (the UAE forum is full of the promising newbies who have asked question over many years but somehow never followed up with a FR).

Also by checking the FR history you can a get a 'feel' for the person in some ways I was advised so you can sometimes weed out real time wasters, lurkers etc who could spoil your contact list badly or worse (this has happened to a few friends and me to a degree in the past despite my generosity).

I welcome people to contribute but will call them out when they post question after question that clearly shows no intent on sharing whatever they find after they receive – and maybe ruin a good 'relationship contact' also – why run the risk? You have spent time and effort and someone could easily ruin things. It is a risk you take and decide and'est pas?

If you feel happy sharing all the information all the time please do as no one stops you.

Westie, FF and others contribute a lot and do help many – I do also and mainly via PM (especially on the UAE thread nowadays due to LE etc). But we choose when and how and who due to our own in-built suspicions or whatever you call it. I have been burned by sharing in the past and now am more wary and do some back check if needed. That is me.

And any newbie should at least RTFF first – you would agree? This is what Westie and FF are alluding to. And me also plus countless others.

Example, my first time in the Philippines I did a big RTFF, I had lots of information of where to stay, go and prices etc. I then contacted a senior member and asked specific info via PM that he gladly shared (plus other advise not asked) as I had done my homework. Am grateful and I learnt from that experience and now I try to keep the same guidelines myself.

Another example: Loso69 (who was / is a prolific contributor on the PRC forums) came to Abu Dhabi for the first time and we met up. Why? Because he RTFF and sent me a lot of questions of clarification via PM (which showed me he had RTFF before) so I was happy to advise etc. I still do this but I draw the line at times of newbies with no intention of even the basic RTFF.

We are all different minded on this Pomp but I have not seen you helping much but you do criticise those who help but then call out some lazy managers who ask things like "where should I go to find a massage in Manila?" or "where do I go to find girls in Makati" etc.

My tuppence worth.

This is an example of the treatment that newcomers receive from so-called experts. It is sarcastic. It is unwelcoming and discourages newcomers from continuing further. (Not me because I earned my bones when this honoree was still trying to diddle cheerleaders.) This poster suggests that you need to pay in order to be a senior member of ISG. Not true. You don't have to pay a farthing. Additionally, this poster says that quality information is the exclusive domain of paid-for members to share among themselves. That all others are unwelcome to it until they pay. Here is more incorrect and misleading information and the arrogant tone further alienates the newcomer.

ISG is not a club for a few who have lost the ability to diversify their interests and then use ISG to play out their Weltschmerz. Let's come together and allow newcomers to ask their questions, however amateurish they may seem. Answer them if you want and if you don't want, well then don't. But let's not chase them away by being rude and wrong.
    My golly Sir you really do have a bee in your bonnet about how newcomers are greeted here. Suggestion. Start your own ISG clone whereby you can be the administrator, moderator and owner, and kick off all who fail to live up to your won high standards of welcoming.

You tell others they should diversify, but it would appear that you are on a single one track approach. Pots and kettles and black?

This is what I mean by harrassment

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast1  [View Original Post]
    Or, he could pay up the $20 membership fee. His remarkable penmanship over 5 years on the board includes a whopping 15 posts, several about Dumagette (years ago) , and mostly questions since. Am suggesting Pompetus join, as the exchange of quality information is for paid members to discuss among themselves.

Suggestion

Dear all,

Although I am a member for several years, I took notice of the price thread today only.

http://www.internationalsexguide.inf...hp?1083-Prices

The forum is full of posts complaining about increasing prices and guys asking for price information in paticular threads.

The price thread being a general one could be a very useful tool for all of us, so I would like to encourage my fellow mongers to put some recent info there. IMO it could be done in a brief way (widely practiced already) mentioning:

Country.

City.

Type of establishment.

ST / LT.

Looks of the lady X /10.

Performance X /10.

Price.

Link to your post.

Sorry for cross posting, happy mongering!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWoolyBooly  [View Original Post]
    I'll believe it's all a case of incumbents resisting new entrants who perhaps don't apply enough grease to the ride skids until I see evidence to the contrary. Regardless of the cause, aren't there one or more apps in the Philippines that summon taxis for backup, however distasteful? Is that Grab or some other app?
    There is Grab but they are after Grab too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dg8787  [View Original Post]
    Clearly to me there is some corruption involved to maintain status quo by keeping Uber and Grab out of the market. The Uber rep made a great case to the board without trashing anyone. Looks like retaliation to me and last ditch effort to squash Uber.

I am speculating that the Filipinos had a taste of reputable riding with Uber and Grab that they will not stand for this suspension, especially if it will make them wait in long lines again for unreputable taxis again.

There is only one reason for the success of Uber and Grab and that is the unsavory crooked market created by the existing taxis.
    I'll believe it's all a case of incumbents resisting new entrants who perhaps don't apply enough grease to the ride skids until I see evidence to the contrary. Regardless of the cause, aren't there one or more apps in the Philippines that summon taxis for backup, however distasteful? Is that Grab or some other app?

Uber suspension

Clearly to me there is some corruption involved to maintain status quo by keeping Uber and Grab out of the market. The Uber rep made a great case to the board without trashing anyone. Looks like retaliation to me and last ditch effort to squash Uber.

I am speculating that the Filipinos had a taste of reputable riding with Uber and Grab that they will not stand for this suspension, especially if it will make them wait in long lines again for unreputable taxis again.

There is only one reason for the success of Uber and Grab and that is the unsavory crooked market created by the existing taxis.

Philippines Suspends Uber Operations For One Month

Quote.

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board on Monday suspended the accreditation and operations of Uber System Inc. (Uber) for one month.

In its advisory, the LTFRB said the board meted out the penalty of one-month suspension "on the accreditation of Uber System, Inc. (Uber) and was ordered to cease and desist its operations of their online booking application during the period of suspension. ".

LTFRB also recommended that Uber extend financial assistance to affected peer-operators during the one-month suspension "as an expression of good faith", noting that the operators "would not have suffered the current predicament were it not for the predatory actions of respondent user. ".

The suspension takes effect immediately.

Copies of the suspension were furnished to enforcers of the LTFRB, Land Transportation Office, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, and the Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group.

In a statement, Uber Philippines said they have received the order and is currently studying it.

"Uber received an order around 6 pm tonight (August 14) to completely stop operations. We are studying the order at the moment. We will update our riders and drivers as soon as we can," the company said.

Uber and rival Grab are in dispute with the LTFRB over the scope of regulation on ride-sharing services, sparking separate investigations by the Senate and the House of Representatives.

The LTFRB earlier fined Uber and Grab P5 million each, accusing the companies of operating some 50,000 vehicles without proper permits.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/08/...-for-one-month

...Snipped....
    A few ISG members who are frequent posters on the Philippine forum are harassing newcomers. Here are some of the methods they employ:

(1) Investigating
    (2) Promulgating rules
    (3) Insisting
    (4)Directing
    (6) Ridiculing newcomers and making ISG hostile to newcomers.

they are deluded ....snip.... an elevated status ...... snip...... persecuting newcomers.

Why do some people bully those that they can?
    Pompetus, you are entitled to your own opinion, like anyone else. But methinks you are way over the top with your hyperbolic language (I have boldened the type as examples). Yes some members, not necessarily senior members, post opinions that may get up your nose and may to you seem excessive. We all have our own gripes about styles and patterns of behaviour. But, if I may coin a phrase, swallow it and move on!

I for one get a little bit pissed off with some members using unfamiliar abbreviations forcing me to move to the Abbrebiations page to find out what the hell they are talking about. Sometimes it is easier to say "read the forum" than wondering what RTFF means!

Some of us advocate that the Photo Gallery should be for photos and not for chit chat about photos and other topics. That is not "promulgating rules". That is urging common sense when there is also an adjacent Photo Gallery Chit Chat Forum available for comment. The Philippines Photo Forum shows how successful this self policing is. Of all the ISG photo forums it has the most photos (16,836) associated with the most postings (8796) at a strike rate of almost 2 photos to every posting. Well done guys!

Quote Originally Posted by FreebieFan  [View Original Post]
    Sorry mate, but your post, whilst eloquent and polite seems to me to be a waste of time and bandwidth.
    I agree FreebieFan.

New airport bag scam?

Just a reminder: Sometimes your luggage is opened (security purposes) after you check in for your flight. They usually leave a calling-card.
    Fellow ISG guy,

PM'd me that he received an email to call back at Manila Airport and pick up a baggage left behind.

He did not answer email or return to airport cause he did not leave any bag behind at the airport.

He suspected it might be a new airport scam, wherein you return, and Airport personnel put the heat on you re "contents of bag" , sort of thing.

Possibility. Take care.

I am disappointed that you perceive the issue in terms of contrariness for its own sake. Allow me to give greater scope to the problem. A few ISG members who are frequent posters on the Philippine forum are harassing newcomers. Here are some of the methods they employ:

(1) Investigating newcomers to adjudge if their posts merit reply.

(2) Promulgating rules which a newcomer needs to follow in order to be worthy of a response.

(3) Insisting that a newcomer pay $20 so that he can receive a PM response to an inquiry even when that inquiry does not involve information of a confidential nature.

(4) Directing other members not respond to an inquiry made by a newcomer.

(5) Not making allowances for a newcomer's cultural differences and shortcomings in English proficiency.

(6) Ridiculing newcomers and making ISG hostile to newcomers.

A couple of these ISG members have upwards of 5,000 posts. Because of this, perhaps they are deluded into believing that they should be accorded an elevated status or that they have earned proprietary rights. I am not here to dispel their delusions but merely to ask that they stop persecuting newcomers.

Why do some people bully those that they can? Who knows? But deep down in some dark recess of personality there is fear and insecurity where Mommy's love was unable illuminate.

You mentioned that you expect something in return for help. I don't believe that is true about you. When a person stops you in the street and asks you for directions or say for a recommendation for a favorite restaurant in your neighborhood, you don't ask them for something in return. You don't refuse them and tell them to get a smartphone with GPS. (In fact I write reviews for Yelp and Trip Advisor without any expectation that those reading my reviews will ever make a review of their own.) Of course not. You want to be helpful and I think that is the kind of spirit we should have here on the ISG.
    And of course some of us, perhaps those with posts in the 1,000's could of course say is it anyones business (yours or mine or otherwise) how we treat each other here. Seniority has its privileges. ? Sorry mate, but your post, whilst eloquent and polite seems to me to be a waste of time and bandwidth.

Just a reminder: Sometimes your luggage is opened (security purposes) after you check in for your flight. They usually leave a calling-card.
    In the past, depending on the airport, I would be informed by gate staff if anything was to be removed for security reasons, like a brand new tube of marine sealant for scuba or a can of Lysol. Sometimes, small expensive items will just go missing. A spare iPhone disappeared once. I now pack more carefully and hand carry the small expensive stuff if I can. The funny thing is most of the rummaging is on the US domestic connections when inbound. I know because I pick up my suitcase before customs and I can see they were untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by DCups  [View Original Post]
    As for the $20 geez if they can't afford $20 how they afford to travel?
    True, and if $20 is a stretch maybe they should be posting in a page "Bargains found under bridges over the Pasig River". Disclaimer: I have no idea where the cheapest services are offered. No disrespect intended to residents under said bridges.

Pompetus,

Concur. The number of posts is not necessarily related to one's travel experience. However, some newcomers could read more first and then ask intelligent questions. As for the $20 geez if they can't afford $20 how they afford to travel? It is worth the annual subscription just for the PMs with other members. Just my .02.

Posting Limitations