La Vie en Rose
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 1005 of 1066 FirstFirst ... 5 505 905 955 995 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1015 1055 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 15977
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafacer
    Dude, you have no kids to complicate things, be VERY thankfull! It is real simple. Sell your belongings with her and SPLIT, GET THE FUCK OUT. Your one of the lucky ones.

That's what I'm beginning to move towards, and post from you guys have actually had an effect in that direction.

This is a woman no wise guy would say bye to easily. And with her age I'm not psyced about the posibility of leaving her child-less IF she decides that's what she wants.

This may end up being something I do to a degree out of selfish-ness. I never thought that would be the way.

Dude, you have no kids to complicate things, be VERY thankfull! It is real simple. Sell your belongings with her and SPLIT, GET THE FUCK OUT. Your one of the lucky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander Luster
    I've asked something similar in the past, but that was 2 years ago. I'm going to change some facts a little because I think they will help you all to give me unbiased advice.

Cheers

Leaving marriage for the fruits of the Phils?

Quote Originally Posted by Spam Hog
    I guess I'll take a stab at this one as I've been married and divorced lived in the PI and other places in Asia so I suppose that qualifies me for my 2 cents.

Spamhog
    Very good reasoning in your response, and the best part of all is that I think you said what I want to hear. I say THINK, because my whole life I've been a dreamer...always looking to "what's better and what's next".

And my big question is....do you feel like you need a soul-mate. I hate even using the word, but is life like yours (which sounds like what mine would be) "lonely". I think if I were living off too little money it would. But to be able to travel in SEA and have at least decent money to kick around. Well, that may bridge the gap.

No matter how "beautiful" she may be, educated and "Nice" it doesn't mean SHIT if you are not SEXUALLY COMPATABLE. Lets be honest, male sex drive is a powerful thing, if it wasn;t there wouldn;t be sites like this, if your "other" is on the same level as you then whatever else may be wrong in your life you are both satisfied in bed, when people are satisfied sexually there is less tension between them, less arguement and bickering in their lives. I may be reading into your post here but I get the imnpression that neither of you are sexualy compatible.
    Spamhog
    I don't think Sex is that much an extreme in a relationship for me. The girls that I've been with in the Phils as "girlfriends" I've been with 50% for their looks and great sex. But that was worse then a wife you love be around but rarely have sex with and instead J. off to a DVD now and then. BUT, having a new girlfriend every week or two at once and being honest that you're doing that, well that has been, when i've had time in the phils, the most enjoyable.

If you aren;t happy or satisfied in your marriage now, it will only get worse, as women get older they get bitchier, sex is less important for biological reasons that impacts on their psych (menopause). You sound like you are coming to the Phils to work and the wife will be in the US, seperation in a realtionship can only strain it, make no mistake, your wife knows exactly what you are gonna be doing over here she will argue and fight with you more over it, never let you forget it etc.

Spamhog
    yea, the sex will only get worse. What i wonder is if the bickering will get worse. I've seen it both ways with other couples. Do we grow together or apart?

You further mentioned that if I'm over there then she will not like it and we'll grow apart. That's part of the problem. If I stay with her I will have to cut down on time over there. She is naive about me over there. But some day she will find out if I'm spending 3 months a year there, right? I can't imagine after 10 years her not finding out.

And you mention honorable. Well it feels a bit dis-honerable to say "bye" when this could be worked out somehow. But if she is a willing party, then that's different and is what is making this more possible. if I keep this company and even only go for 2 months a year and am fooling around...well that's what all Phil guys do...but for me it wouldn't sit so well I guess after many, many years. Some guys do it and I wouldn't put them down for it.

Financially, she's a career woman. Splitting might put me in a little bit of a better situation.

The bigger issue is that my company is quite large. i've gone into a lot of debt to build it to where it is. Now we are profitable. If it sinks, then I'm in pretty bad shape. But most of the money could be paid back over a long period of time because the debt comes from friends who would let me do that at low interest.

So worse case financially, I live more modestly than I ever have and start a small company-- maybe one out of a house with just a few IT guys working with me. I would make at least 2000K bare minimum a month while paying back debt over decades (earnings after debt payments). No children, no wife. My hightest paid employee there makes about 1000K a month. Pretty funny for me to think of earning even in the ballpark with him given how very low salaries and costs are in the Phils (out of Manila).

It all sounds fine, but this is a fine, fine person I'd be leaving. don't know if I'd ever find someone to be with that is such a great companion.

By the way, she didn't grow up in the US or Phils, but I won't say where.

I have an itch to live in the Phils and also work from the road in other countries. That's the other thing, I'm in IT, so I can do a lot of work from the road. Like Bankok road or Phnom Penh road.

All other suggestions more than welcome! Thanks Spamhog!

Advice from Dear Abby spamhog

Quote Originally Posted by Wander Luster
    I've asked something similar in the past, but that was 2 years ago. I'm going to change some facts a little because I think they will help you all to give me unbiased advice.

I need to decide soon whether to divorce in which case I will be living and working in the phils about 10 months of the year where I own a biz. I doubt I would marry again. I'd be a player to at least some extent, although I'm not a drinker or someone that likes to show off materialistically.

My situation as it now stands...well you can read the below post. And/or assume the following:

1. I am married to someone that everyone seems to think is the sweetest, most beautiful thing. She is so NICE. That's part of what is disarming. She's a catch, but trouble is we are quite different. At the same time, all couples have to "work through" differences. Ours seem pretty big, although at the same time there is a very strong connection when we are not arguing.

2. We've been together about 5 years since we met. No children.

3. I CARE a lot about her and she about me. We will always care about each other. But man, we fight and bicker like hell much/most of the time. I am concerned about what might happen with her. She is sooo picky about guys, and really it makes no sense why she thought I was so much more unusual then a lot of other guys that would be interested in her. Again, she is a GOOD person, very few would deny that.

3A. If she doesn't find someone in the next few years and marry, she will be getting to an age were childbirth is a bit dangerous. But she and I can't do that I don't think because we are too unstable anyway in our relationship. she is not happy about marrying a guy who's already got a kid...does not want to be a step mom.

4. She is just not into sex. Is she good in bed? I guess, but mostly because of her great looks. More importantly, I'm not into the sex because there's something weird with me about sex and her. Maybe I'm just so damn turned on by the NEWness of screwing someone I've not been with for 5 years.

5. She LIKES sex and she likes it with me more than boyfriends she had. But, on a scale of 1-100, she would be as into sex as to place her at about number 10. For me I would be at about 90 compaired to guys (as would most of you :) .

6. I have a biz that would operate better if I lived in the Phils 10 months of the year.

7. Finances are important. I do not want to live there unless I have comfortable savings. I want to help people in the 3rd world, but given all the hard work I've done in the US, I do not want parts of my life to feel very 3rd world.

Actually, I've been there done that when traveling on the cheap in my 20s with little money. So the success of my company has a lot to do with whether I would want to be there 10 months of the year. I would say chances are 3/4 that the company would stay at a perfectly satisfactory level. They are 1 in 5 that it would go below my comfort level.

8. Very important: getting divorce has big consequence on your family when they all think your wife is a perfect catch and say things like a person wouldn't even MEET a person like her, let alone have her be interested. Of course they only see one side! There is another side that would drive many guys crazy and cause a lot of arguments.

So you all can be a big help. I have been on this board and another run by a guy who's first initial is B. I've been on both for close to 10 years.

Cheers

I guess I'll take a stab at this one as I've been married and divorced lived in the PI and other places in Asia so I suppose that qualifies me for my 2 cents.

I was married to a western woman for twenty years had two kids, a house, a cabin, a boat two cars and was a sucess in my job i suppose a "good husband" BTW me and the X had a GREAT sex life so I never felt the need to cheat on her (NOTE THIS POINT, WILL RETURN TO IT) but when my son turned 18 the X decided it was time to go her way, coulda knocked me over with a feather. So I retired, took my pension and went to work for a UN subcontractor in the worlds arm pit; E. Timor. Turned into a total monger, realized I wasted a great deal of my life with one woman, got it out of my system and Married a Filipina again, now I reside in third world luxury.

Lessons learned with women in general

No matter how "beautiful" she may be, educated and "Nice" it doesn't mean SHIT if you are not SEXUALLY COMPATABLE. Lets be honest, male sex drive is a powerful thing, if it wasn;t there wouldn;t be sites like this, if your "other" is on the same level as you then whatever else may be wrong in your life you are both satisfied in bed, when people are satisfied sexually there is less tension between them, less arguement and bickering in their lives. I may be reading into your post here but I get the imnpression that neither of you are sexualy compatible.

If you aren;t happy or satisfied in your marriage now, it will only get worse, as women get older they get bitchier, sex is less important for biological reasons that impacts on their psych (menopause). You sound like you are coming to the Phils to work and the wife will be in the US, seperation in a realtionship can only strain it, make no mistake, your wife knows exactly what you are gonna be doing over here she will argue and fight with you more over it, never let you forget it etc.

Finances: One MUST have an income to survive in Asia, yeah I know some guys work here and have successful businesses, if you have an established business great but by and large most guys live here are retired and draw a monthly pension, 401 K whatever as most businesses FAIL. So financially you may be able to cover your expenses easily, however I take it you still must support your wife "At home" how much does it cost to support her? Your mortgage etc. can you make more money in the US or will it average out with the cheap cost of living in the PI...do the math.

Depending where you stay in Asia you can live well on as little as $1000 a month, factor in more for manila due to rent etc.

My advise: If you don't get along get out, end it, don't waste your time. Do the honerable thing, a fair divorce settlement and uphold your end of the bargain then you are free to do what you want if there are no kids yet then this may be a good time to exit before there are, children complicate everything finacialy and emotionally.

Good luck

Spamhog

Request for advice!

I need to decide soon whether to divorce in which case I will be living and working in the phils about 10 months of the year where I own a biz. I doubt I would marry again. I'd be a player to at least some extent, although I'm not a drinker or someone that likes to show off materialistically.

My situation as it now stands...well you can read the below post. And/or assume the following:

1. I am married to someone that everyone seems to think is the sweetest, most beautiful thing. She is so NICE. That's part of what is disarming. She's a catch, but trouble is we are quite different. At the same time, all couples have to "work through" differences. Ours seem pretty big, although at the same time there is a very strong connection when we are not arguing.

2. We've been together about 5 years since we met. No children.

3. I CARE a lot about her and she about me. We will always care about each other. But man, we fight and bicker like hell much/most of the time. I am concerned about what might happen with her. She is sooo picky about guys, and really it makes no sense why she thought I was so much more unusual then a lot of other guys that would be interested in her. Again, she is a GOOD person, very few would deny that.

3A. If she doesn't find someone in the next few years and marry, she will be getting to an age were childbirth is a bit dangerous. But she and I can't do that I don't think because we are too unstable anyway in our relationship. she is not happy about marrying a guy who's already got a kid...does not want to be a step mom.

4. She is just not into sex. Is she good in bed? I guess, but mostly because of her great looks. More importantly, I'm not into the sex because there's something weird with me about sex and her. Maybe I'm just so damn turned on by the NEWness of screwing someone I've not been with for 5 years.

5. She LIKES sex and she likes it with me more than boyfriends she had. But, on a scale of 1-100, she would be as into sex as to place her at about number 10. For me I would be at about 90 compaired to guys (as would most of you :) .

6. I have a biz that would operate better if I lived in the Phils 10 months of the year.

7. Finances are important. I do not want to live there unless I have comfortable savings. I want to help people in the 3rd world, but given all the hard work I've done in the US, I do not want parts of my life to feel very 3rd world.

Actually, I've been there done that when traveling on the cheap in my 20s with little money. So the success of my company has a lot to do with whether I would want to be there 10 months of the year. I would say chances are 3/4 that the company would stay at a perfectly satisfactory level. They are 1 in 5 that it would go below my comfort level.

8. Very important: getting divorce has big consequence on your family when they all think your wife is a perfect catch and say things like a person wouldn't even MEET a person like her, let alone have her be interested. Of course they only see one side! There is another side that would drive many guys crazy and cause a lot of arguments.

So you all can be a big help. I have been on this board and another run by a guy who's first initial is B. I've been on both for close to 10 years.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sagramore
    Hi all,

Several years ago I turned to the internet and started a quest with the sincere intention of finding a relationship with a foreign woman that could eventually lead to marriage. I made contact with several Filipinas, although it was always on a friendship only basis as I never believed in getting involved in some kind of long distance virtual relationship with someone I have not even met. I decided to get off the fence and take the plunge about a year ago and took my first trip to the Phils last December. I can honestly say that I had the time of my life; I visited Manila, Davao and Boracay.

My first impressions were that of absolute culture shock, I was not prepared for the scenes of abject poverty that I witnessed countless times on my month long stay. My general impression of the Filipino people is that although they are often times very poor, they are rich in spirit, living in adversity but with a smile on their faces.

I have often wrestled with my conscience over my mongering tendencies against my desire to be the “nice guy” that I want to be. Nothing illustrates this better than my first trip to the Phils. On one hand, I went there to meet sweet young Filipinas, on the other hand I wanted to sow some more of my seemingly endless supply of wild oats. Let me say that my mongering side won. Sometimes I visualize myself with little cartoon characters on my shoulder, one the little angel who tells me to be that nice guy, the other shoulder has the little devil who says have some fun and live a little. Needless to say, it’s the devil that often wins the argument!

Literally within hours of landing at Ninoy Aquino Airport I was at the EDSA Center with eyes wide open and tongue hanging out, I was in heaven! I brought home a lovely local named Jenny from a bar called, I believe, My Fair Lady. We actually spent the next 48 hours together, and by that I mean constant companionship like we here joined at the hip, or I should say joined at another appendage! I decided to let her go after a few days as I didn’t want to spend all of my time with just one girl, although in reality I really enjoyed her company and was reluctant to say goodbye.

After we said our farewell I went to a cyber café down the street and before I knew it I was chatting with a little 22 year old babe from Cebu sitting at the computer next to me. Her name was Anna and the next thing I know we were holding hands strolling down Bay Walk along Roxas Blvd. We then stopped at one of the café’s for a drink where she confessed to me that she works at LA café as a bar girl. She comes to Manila a few months out of the year to make some extra cash. To make a long story short, we ended up at my hotel for a good all night romp, the next morning she wanted to stay with me for the day but I didn’t want to get any more involved. She never did ask for any money but I gave her some anyways just to keep things on a “professional” level.

That night I hit a bar called G Spot in Ermita that was practically across the street from the Lotus Garden Hotel where I stayed. I sat at the bar, ordered a San Mig and before I took my third swig there was a Filipina hottie sitting next to me asking my name. Her name was Lorie and as it turns out she works at some bar on Burgos St. I started to think that every girl in this city works as a bar girl! Anyways, the same story; back to my hotel, an all night GFE, wanted to stay with me all day and never asked for money although I gave her some anyways. To this day I’m still not sure if she was a bar girl on her night off looking for a boyfriend or turning a trick on the side.

I decided to call Jenny up, the girl from my first night as I actually missed her. I ended up spending the rest of the week with her. She was more of a girlfriend than a bar girl, I did not pay any bar fines and I actually had an emotional scene on my hands later in the week when I tried to give her money. She was deeply hurt and insulted that I wanted to pay for her company. I’m not sure of the lesson learned here, other than that I believe that there are a certain number of women who work in these bars and they are filled with shame because of it. Maybe the moral is that a little kindness goes a long way with a lot of these women. Keep in mind that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing depending on what you’re looking for.

I flew to Davao on Cebu Pacific and stayed at Casa Leticia for the next two weeks. One of the main reasons I went to Davao was to meet in person a young 20 year old lady who I had been corresponding with for several months before my trip. I had met her, along with several other women, through the Cherry Blossoms website. She was a very sweet girl, a true Filipina gem. She had recently finished school and just started a job working at a call center. I should mention that she was a virgin, she was from a good family that raised her and her sister right. They showed me very generous hospitality; they invited me to dinner and several family outings. However, as nice as she was there lacked a certain chemistry that one cannot know until you have met in person.

I also met some other “normal girls” in Davao, most of who were virgins; I went from one extreme to the next, either bar girls or virgins! Interestingly enough they all seemed to think that I was a great guy full of morals and decency. I couldn’t help but think that these particular women could do better than a guy like me. Don’t get me wrong, It’s not that I’m putting these women on too high a pedestal or put myself too low in the gutter, it’s just that it bothered me is that I wasn’t being totally honest with them. For if they truly knew of my mongering tendencies they would probably not want to have a thing to do with me. In a certain irony, I am more honest with the bargirls than with these sweet things. Let me say that I have no intention of deflowering any of these women. I respect their choices and do not want to change them. One thing I did learn from this experience was to avoid virgins in the future as I am not compatible with them for anything more than friendship.

For the last week of my trip I decided to splurge and go to Boracay for a few days, I took Jenny from Manila and had a great time. I still talk with her to this day and I genuinely care about her well being. I have sent her some money from time to time, not much. For the record she has never once asked for it.

In conclusion, I actually have the desire to live in the Philippines. I think it would be great to get the mongering out of my system so I can think straight! After a month there of fucking myself silly, I had an entirely new perspective on just about everything; including myself, a greater understanding of women and of the human condition in general. I have come to admire the Filipino spirit and truly would like to find a good woman to marry someday. I can think of no better way than to live there full time so I could not only pursue women on a full time basis, but also try and understand the life and culture there as well. I actually envy some posters here that have found a way to have a successful career in a third world country.

I will be traveling for my second trip to the Phils this upcoming November and December; my tentative stops will be in Manila, Angeles, Cebu and Davao. If any of you expats, mongers, conversationalists or adventurers want to meet up for a drink or two and perhaps and evening of debauchery, then the first round is on me!

Cheers,

Sagramore

Great post dude. I think there can be a "boy's club" culture on here, and we all sometimes want to show the less soft side. But Identify with what you say. I guess I've become a bit hardened after being with counless pros. I'm almost the same age as you.

One of the "hardened" area relates to "making her happy". I totally agree with you. By now I'm damn good at oral, as most mongerers become. So going down on a 9 an watching her twich and knowing she may NEVER HAVE GOTTEN ORAL LIKE THIS if she is new to the industry, that's great.

Then there is a side that is not so nice and I'm not sure what to think about my attitude. I remember one of the most sexy girls I ever did in Cebu. She was brand spanking new and very recently over 18. I was very nice with her and made her feel at ease before we did the wild.

But, the fact is that when someone is new, they can not go at it for very long or they get sore. In this case, and a couple like it, she was in discomfort. NOT to the point of pushing me off or saying stop.

She was still wet and I was in absolute heaven. The CONTROL of the situation I guess is part of what made this so kinky to me. And again, I'd been with few in the past that were model material like this. So, I guess that's the bad guy (not so bad).

I have a friend that like P4P and it turns him on when the girl has a bad attitude and doesn't really want to fuck for more than 60 secs but is being paid for it. He's a decent catch in the US, so it's not as though he turns girls off like this. Again, I guess this about conrol.. His attitude is a bit much for me.

You also mention "get it out of your sytem". Does that happen? I don't know and I don't think so. I've spent almost a year of the past 2 working in the Phils and I could not count how many babes I've done in that time. Before that I had at least 100 sessions P4P going back to age 28. But I don't think the ones now are any worse then the ones half way through this hobby.

I do think I'm more picky, and that's the irony, becausse I'm approaching an age were the 18 year olds are not as thrilled, but I still can thrill most any babe that is 20 if I chat with them in a bar. So there must be diminishing returns. But I don't think there is anying to "get out of my system"

I am just worried that when I am at an age where the girls are doing it for money (the 8s or especially 9s) that that will lose it's fun for me.

I OFTEN calculate how much less I'll have to offer physically at different age. What is it like at 50 and with a 25 year old? What is it like at 55 and with a 25 year old. Yes, I am considered a big catch there and in the US and there, but at that 55, I don't know what happens. If someone is doing just for the money, then the vast amount of the time, it just won't be the same.

You said a very important thing when you said that sleeping with, say 20 different girls, in a not too long period of time...it DOES give you a new outlook on life. One is that it makes me wonder how anyone could go through life and NOT do that.

But you know it is maybe somthing like compairing to somone who gets to travel on a private jet and stay and their dream hotels/resorts (remove thought of girls for a moment, maybe they just go with the regular girlfriend) for 2 months. Most of us never get that chance.

A Mongers Farewell

Hope this is not misplaced. Recently had a friend, much older and wiser than me, and fellow monger, pass on. Just my way of remembering him:

- he began to believe that in time even death itself might be abolished.

Reliving his mongering in words he began to wish he could relive it in fact, and he came to believe that he and his fellow mongers might one day be able to do just that. If not here on earth, then afterwards in Val Halla.

Who knows he asked as his narrative drew towards its close, but it may be given to us after this life to meet again in the old quarters; to play chess and cards, to get up at the crack of 11 to answer a morning phone call, to go to breakfast, then supper and after that to again hastily don our evening wear while a monotonous patter of a disco/karaoke music summons us to battle.

Who knows but again the girls, dressed in bikinis, dancing to a slow beat, face each other and giggle, pursuing and pursued, while the cries of lustful joy fill a warm night.

And after the humping, then the tired and winded will arise and all will meet together for breakfast, all sound and well. They'll be talking and laughter and cheers, and all will say:

- did it not seem real, was it not as in the old days.

Attention Scuba Divers. A Walking Shark!

New York Times. Sept 19

New Species Found Off Indonesia.

Scientists have discovered dozens of new species, including a shark that walks on it's fins and a shrimp that resembles a praying mantis.

The team from Conservation International warned that the area, known as Bird's Head Seascape, is in danger from fishermen who use dynamite and cyanide.

"It's one of the most stunningly beautiful landscapes and seascapes on the planet," said a senior adviser.

The new shark is called the Indonesian speckled carpetshark. It looks like a leopard shark.

Mining the Online Introduction Boards - Part 3

Mining the Online Introduction Boards, Part 3

I hope I’m not boring everybody with this pre-report stuff. Reactions have varied from praise to pan. The biggest criticism has been along the lines of ‘why bother?’ when there are so many opportunities just waiting for a traveler to take. I can’t refute that viewpoint. I’m doing this partly out of curiosity and partly from boredom while waiting for the time to pass until I can leave again. But in the process I have met and written to and chatted with some truly charming women – some little more than girls – and generally had an entertaining two months. But if I ever do this again, it will be in country, not from the US. Anyway, I'm off tonight, and we shall see how it goes.

There’s another aspect, too. I’m a writer and I’ve saved nearly all the emails and chats. I don’t know exactly what to do with it all, if anything, but I think it’s fascinating. Maybe I’ll try to turn it into something commercial, or at least into art.

Lots of things have changed since my last update. For those who have been following, I had already suggested as much in Part 2. For those who haven’t, I decided this trip to see what could be done via an online introduction board. I chose Cherry Blossoms (www.blossoms.com) almost two months ago. Since then I've been writing to or chatting with a number of girls. Now, just days before the trip, I think I’m in love with five different women. Oh my, oh my. And they are not quite the same five as I ended the last report with. One has definitely dropped off and another is a maybe. But there are replacements in the wings.

As before, names have been changed to protect the wicked and innocent alike.

The one who definitely dropped was the one I said was the sweetest of the bunch last time – Marisol (Davao). What a tangle that turned out to be!

Marisol originally wrote to me through a friend whose command of English was better. Marisol and the friend wound up exchanging angry emails through me accusing the other of being money-grubbers. In the process, it turned out that several lies had been told, and that Marisol was not the semi-innocent (if anyone with an illegitimate baby can be called an innocent) she had seemed. In fact, she had been a Japayuki – a bar girl in Japan.

I didn’t care about that so much as I didn’t like being lied to. And I really didn’t like the tangled situation in which what was true was very unclear. So I dropped her like a rock, despite pleas that continued for two weeks. Nope, not doing that. I have a contact in Davao with whom I hope to have a drink and get some local guidance, perhaps a guided tour. And there’s a new girl that I will meet on the second day of my visit.

Right now, she seems like a great find. She won’t meet me without a chaperone, but she promises the chaperone will mind her own business. By that stage of the trip, I probably won’t care whether it goes very far or not. But she is so sweet I just had to meet her.

So the tail end of the trip has changed, and so has the front end, perhaps. I might still hear from Lina, who is supposed to meet me in Manila and tour guide me to Tagaytay. She isn’t on-line much. But her CB profile has changed to make it clear she is still very much searching for the right guy, which implies I am not it. And we haven’t written very much, especially compared to the others. Maybe she’s simmering in Manila, just waiting for me to fly in and grab her, but maybe not.

But that’s a minor problem as there are plenty of opportunities in Manila for entertainment. If Lina doesn’t show, I plan to head for the LA Café. As a matter of fact, I half hope she doesn’t, as I’d really like to check out the café while it’s in its prime. Great places like that have a tendency to come and go. (I just learned yesterday that the Cafe has closed. Sigh.)

If that’s the way it works out, I’ve got a couple of options for the days freed up by the change. I might go up to Subic Bay and Barrio Barreto for a night or two, or I might slip into Angeles City a day earlier than my second appointment is expecting me. I’d like to check out the perimeter bars, which I didn’t have time for last visit. I understand that afternoons at the Rio can be entertaining.

In any case, things are still on with Melissa in Angeles City for my second stop. As previously mentioned, Melissa is in a different category. She is not a Cherry Blossoms girl, she’s a door girl that I met on a visit nearly two years ago. We’ve been chatting and writing steadily for the past two months, and we’re both eager to renew our acquaintance. I’ve booked two nights at the Orchid Inn and one night at L’Tinio’s Jaccuzi Suite. Should be sweet.

When I stagger out of Angeles City, the next stop is Cebu (via Manila). What was a somewhat cautious involvement with the youngest of my serious correspondents has gotten hot and heavy. Fannie has made it pretty clear that she will likely throw caution to the winds and bonk my brains out. She’s asked if I would be sure to use a condom. I take that as a pretty clear hint.

Fannie is more fun than anybody so far. She is funny, frank and suggestive without being gross. She is also as crazy in love with me as you can be without ever meeting in person. Like my new girl in Davao, she will come to Cebu with a chaperone, but we have joked many times about how bored the cousin will be confined to her room while Fannie is in mine.

Fannie’s family is dirt poor. She sent me a picture of her house and an interior shot. They were pretty shocking, although I doubt she thought so. And that ‘house’ has since been torn down by the owner, who wanted the land for another purpose. They are slowly building another and sleeping on the floor at a cousin’s house meanwhile. The trip to Cebu will be a first for her. Sleeping on a hotel bed and eating in a restaurant will be firsts for her. She hasn’t asked for a thing, but if all goes well I will send her home with a gift to help with the house.

After Cebu is Zamboanga and Georgina, who is also crazy in love with me. Georgina is fun but not as much fun as Fannie. She is a little more aggressive with her questions, where Fannie is tactfully quiet. Georgina wants to know where I’m going and who I’m meeting. She is 28 but looks much younger in some of her pictures. I joke that I will have to check her ID first.

Georgina has also had some trauma during our correspondence – lost cell phone, undisclosed troubles involving a cousin, serious auto accidents involving friends, a neighbor who shot her cat and the resulting legal efforts to get him in trouble. I almost eased away from her, but I was left with a prepaid flight to Zamboanga and a lack of information about who might be there as an option. I probably could have found someone to fill in, but Georgina already knew where I was staying, even if she doesn’t know my real name.

And despite the rocky road, I think Georgina will turn out to be lots of fun. She has a good sense of humor and a great smile. Our last few chats have been both heavy and suggestive. But I have to be careful. Zamboanga is not that big of a town. Her family knows I’m coming. I need to get out on good terms if I want to get out alive.

Finally, with my last breath, I’ll push on to Davao. As mentioned, I hope to connect with an expat living there for an orientation and perhaps some hands-on guidance. (That doesn’t sound right, but I’ll leave it.) I’d like to visit Ground Zero.

The next day, I’m meeting Annamarie. She’s a late-comer to the party. I don’t expect to score a touchdown with her, and that will probably be a relief. This poor old body may be worn out by then. Correction. It surely will be worn out by then. So some kiss and cuddle will be plenty.

But Annamarie is worth meeting. We connected immediately. You know how that goes? We just liked each other, and each time we talked it got better and better. She’s a potential keeper. I only told her yesterday that I was coming to Davao. It was a gamble, but I just couldn’t let the opportunity to meet her pass by.

Although I said at the end of Part 2 that I was not looking for any more contacts, I lied to myself and you. I kept responding to emails and checking the CB lists of matches and of people who had checked me out. Annamarie is one result. There are several others, including Janie in Manila, Annie in Talisay (south of Cebu), and Layla in Cagayan de Oro. Annie and Layla are really too young, but they are so encouraging, so enticing, and so beautiful that I haven’t been able to let go. Janie is a little older and also very pretty. She is recovering from a severely broken heart. I told her my own sob-story and she latched on to me as an understanding and kindred spirit. Then there is Joey in – damn, I’ve forgotten – a small town on the west coast of Negros Occidental, the daughter of a drunk who is struggling to help her mother pay back her college loans. And Reina, a student in Manila, who wants to connect with me but just can’t overcome her shyness.

I wish I could have them all. I wish I could marry them all and live in connubial excess for my remaining days. A month ago, I was sure I would not wind up with any of them. That’s still my best guess, but I’m slipping. If any of them were willing to live with me without marrying, I might consider it. Fortunately or unfortuanately, that’s not likely to happen.

Oh, one final drama. I told my wife I was taking this vacation, which led to a rough two days before the storm passed. I haven’t been explicit but she knows what I’m up to. She’s not happy but she accepts that the consequence of various decisions she has made leave me little choice. I floated the concept of separate vacations in the future.

Right now, she’s still on probation at her new job and can’t take any time off until next year. She might go see her parents then. That would be okay with me. Maybe I can take another trip then. I doubt we can stay together much longer, but her present tolerance has extended the time for decision.

My next report will be after my return. Hang on. It should be an interesting ride.

Titmouse

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here for more information.

I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Don
    I've taken this Cathay Pacific flight several times and it gets you into MNL at around midnight, just like all the rest. The flight leaves JFK at 3:45pm every day, I think six days out of seven.

In a constant effort to reduce travel time, I've researched and tried different ways to get from New York to Manila in the shortest possible time. Cathay Pacific's NY-Hong Kong-Manila is the fastest by several hours, mainly due to the quick turnaround time in HKG.

Don
    Senator
    Sorry This was a few years back,I guess the schedule has since changed.Sorry for the Error,I will edit my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu Local
    If you take the New York-Manila Flight of Cathay Pacific,You arrive around 9 AM in the morning.
    I've taken this Cathay Pacific flight several times and it gets you into MNL at around midnight, just like all the rest. The flight leaves JFK at 3:45pm every day, I think six days out of seven.

In a constant effort to reduce travel time, I've researched and tried different ways to get from New York to Manila in the shortest possible time. Cathay Pacific's NY-Hong Kong-Manila is the fastest by several hours, mainly due to the quick turnaround time in HKG.

Don

Bullseye

Quote Originally Posted by X Man
    Well, first we are talking about a 12 hour flight, and a 10 hour time difference. Trying to find a convenient arrival AND departure time could be a bit complicated.

Second point, is a lot of these flights connect somewhere. There are a lot of cities (HK, Tokyo, Taipei) which attract more high-paying passengers than MLA. For example, arrival time in Tokyo is convenient, but the last leg to Manila put you in around Midnight. (I'm thinking NWA on this)

x
    X Man hit it on the nail.It is the last connecting leg that makes it inconvinient..But many people like to arrive at night,So they can get some sleep to adjust to the jetlag.

I understand X Man but....

Quote Originally Posted by X Man
    Well, first we are talking about a 12 hour flight, and a 10 hour time difference. Trying to find a convenient arrival AND departure time could be a bit complicated.

Second point, is a lot of these flights connect somewhere. There are a lot of cities (HK, Tokyo, Taipei) which attract more high-paying passengers than MLA. For example, arrival time in Tokyo is convenient, but the last leg to Manila put you in around Midnight. (I'm thinking NWA on this)

x
    Thank you for your imput X Man and I fully understand where you are coming from, but with the number of travelers coming to Manila you would surely think that some airline would leave the United States at a time that would connect to a connecting flight into Manila that would get you into Manila at a reasonable time.

I don't know but I'll answer anyway....

x

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas 1
    Does anyone know why all the flights from the U.S to Manila arrive at 10:45pm or at 4 or 5 in the morning no matter where you depart from in the U.S?. This seems so strange to me, so if anyone has an answer for it it would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know why?

Does anyone know why all the flights from the U.S to Manila arrive at 10:45pm or at 4 or 5 in the morning no matter where you depart from in the U.S?. This seems so strange to me, so if anyone has an answer for it it would be greatly appreciated.

Posting Limitations