"Germany
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Safe Sex

+ Add Report
Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin
    What were the symptoms? How did you suspect youi had something?

HPV 2nd Follow-Up

As a further follow-up. The second test (for a different HPV marker) came back positive... which indicates the first test was indeed a false negative.

This is good news as it means I'm in the group with a better survival prognosis. Also, it becomes less likely that my doctors will recommend neck dissection/surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee 617
    Just to follow up. They tested my biopsy and it came back HPV negative. This surprised everyone (especially me). Since there is some possibility that this is a false-negative, they're going to try another test (for a different HPV marker).

If I really am HPV negative, this is not good news. Those with oropharyngeal cancer that are HPV negative have a statistically poorer survival prognosis. Also, my doctors will be more inclined to recommend neck dissection/surgery (after chemo and radiation therapy) to remove my diseased lymph nodes.

Reducing chance of contracting Herpes using topical agent

Has anyone heard of an OTC agent that can be used to reduce chances of herpes? I remember someone telling me (on ISG) an agent that is not sold in USA, but available other countries. It's something that can be gargled & used on skin. Can anyone elaborate on protecting against Herpes? A lot of things can be rid of, but some things are forever.

Hpv

just to follow up. they tested my biopsy and it came back hpv negative. this surprised everyone (especially me). since there is some possibility that this is a false-negative, they're going to try another test (for a different hpv marker).

if i really am hpv negative, this is not good news. those with oropharyngeal cancer that are hpv negative have a statistically poorer survival prognosis. also, my doctors will be more inclined to recommend neck dissection/surgery (after chemo and radiation therapy) to remove my diseased lymph nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee 617
    guys,

i've just been diagnosed with an oropharyngeal cancer (tonsillar cancer) which was very likely caused by the human papilloma virus (hpv). this is the same virus that also causes both anal cancer and cervical cancer. its also the virus for which girls should get the guardasil vaccine. since it can be transmitted by sexual activity, i thought i'd pass along some info.

hpv is a very common virus. there are over 120 varieties of hpv, but only a handful cause cancer. one variety in particular (hpv16) is by far the most risky. hpv is basically the only known cause of cervical cancer. recently, medical science has learned that over 25% of the cases of oropharyngeal cancer are caused by hpv (the rest are due to tobacco & alcohol). this is not a very detectable form of cancer, it doesn't have many outward symptoms, so its usually not found until it is quite advanced (stage 3 or 4); in my case, its stage 4.

hpv thrives in the squamous cells of mucosal membranes (cervix, anus, and oral cavity... particularly the tonsils). i'm a guy who loves daty and its my guess that i picked up hpv16 this way. (i will be tested to see if i am hpv16 positive.)

the good news is that my cancer is very treatable. well over 90% of the cases are "cured" (live past 5 years with no recurrence). the bad news is that the treatment is horrible: 7+ weeks of combined chemotherapy and radiation therapy... i'll need feeding tubes and months to recover. plus there will be some permanent side effects because the radiation will damage my salivary glands and my sense of taste/smell. i've already had a tonsillectomy and may need additional surgery to remove lymph nodes from my neck.

research is making advances but they're not here yet. they are working on a simple "swish & spit" screening test to detect oral hpv infection. they are working on therapeutic hpv vaccines to treat existing hpv-induced oropharyngeal cancers (to be used in addition to, not instead of, chemo and radiation therapy). they are considering recommending that all 12 year old boys (as well as all 12 year old girls) receive the prophylactic hpv vaccine guardasil.

i'd be glad to try and answer any questions.

HPV (not HIV)

guys,

i've just been diagnosed with an oropharyngeal cancer (tonsillar cancer) which was very likely caused by the human papilloma virus (hpv). this is the same virus that also causes both anal cancer and cervical cancer. its also the virus for which girls should get the guardasil vaccine. since it can be transmitted by sexual activity, i thought i'd pass along some info.

hpv is a very common virus. there are over 120 varieties of hpv, but only a handful cause cancer. one variety in particular (hpv16) is by far the most risky. hpv is basically the only known cause of cervical cancer. recently, medical science has learned that over 25% of the cases of oropharyngeal cancer are caused by hpv (the rest are due to tobacco & alcohol). this is not a very detectable form of cancer, it doesn't have many outward symptoms, so its usually not found until it is quite advanced (stage 3 or 4); in my case, its stage 4.

hpv thrives in the squamous cells of mucosal membranes (cervix, anus, and oral cavity... particularly the tonsils). i'm a guy who loves daty and its my guess that i picked up hpv16 this way. (i will be tested to see if i am hpv16 positive.)

the good news is that my cancer is very treatable. well over 90% of the cases are "cured" (live past 5 years with no recurrence). the bad news is that the treatment is horrible: 7+ weeks of combined chemotherapy and radiation therapy... i'll need feeding tubes and months to recover. plus there will be some permanent side effects because the radiation will damage my salivary glands and my sense of taste/smell. i've already had a tonsillectomy and may need additional surgery to remove lymph nodes from my neck.

research is making advances but they're not here yet. they are working on a simple "swish & spit" screening test to detect oral hpv infection. they are working on therapeutic hpv vaccines to treat existing hpv-induced oropharyngeal cancers (to be used in addition to, not instead of, chemo and radiation therapy). they are considering recommending that all 12 year old boys (as well as all 12 year old girls) receive the prophylactic hpv vaccine guardasil.

i'd be glad to try and answer any questions.

Once at home

prev: http://www.internationalsexguide.inf...&postcount=218

in fact, once at home, the day after i discovered of having acquired a disease!
    i had a small white or semitransparent discharge from my penis, just a drop in the morning, or i could extract the secretion during the day by squeezing my penis like a toothpaste tube! i also had a burning sensation when [CodeWord112].
    it might have been clamydia or gonorrea, but also a more bland unspecific urethritis. the doctor said there are a number of pathogen organisms which can give you diseases with similar symptoms. they may act in concomitance and cause a disease, particularly if you are in a stress condition. (well, isn’t a 6 days sex tour a stress condition?). however he said not to worry. getting something bad by oral sex is rare. this time i have been a little bit unfortunate, but a remedy is at hand. to avoid complications and stay on the safe side i had to start an appropriate antibiotic treatment asap, then i will have to undergo a test to confirm that any menace has cleared.

the therapy was apparently successful. the symptoms vanished just after 2 days. i still have to make the confirmation test.

it’s curious that i got this shit during this tour. just this time that i had less girls that other times, that i avoided more promiscuous situation, like those found in pt’s. this time i contained myself also to reduce risk, it was less likely to get something this time, but it happened this time.

probability is probability, what has 1 chance out of 2 to happen, may not occur for 10 times or more, instead even something which has one chance over a million may happen sometimes. this time happened to me. so this should explain the terms of the question to you too.

i had only oral sex unprotected, and this is considered low risk. but “low risk” doesn’t mean “no risk”!
    we should be aware that we are running risks in having a promiscuous sexual activity, and that practicing unprotected oral sex we might contract something, sometime.

to reduce the risk almost to zero we should not accept a bbbj, requesting always a covered bj. we should not practice daty, or use a dental dam if we do. in principle even a dfk could be contagious for something!
    this would affect sexual activity much more than the simple use of a condom for penetration. in practice any contact involving mucosas should be avoided. think of moving around with of piece of rubber and licking it rather than the real thing. terrible and ridiculous! but there is someone who do that... it’s feasible

make your risk/reward consideration. as for me i don’t think i will renounce to dfk and spontaneous oral sex. i intend to enjoy this pleasures of life for the years that are left to me. i made too many renounces in the past.
    certainly i will pay attention. i will [CodeWord134] and wash accurately my dick after every session (particularly if i didn’t come). wash my throat as well with a good collutorium (actually i use one which combines chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride). i will give preference to girls attentive to hygiene too. all things that i do already, but i think this is the most that i can do.

i warned the girls with whom i had an intercourse and that gave me their email address. this is extremely useful in this circumstances, in behalf of the girls and in behalf of all of us.
    i think i will take the habit of asking the email address to all the girls that i will get to know intimately in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine782
    If you want to know.......You could have a good idea that you'd had an HIV infection the day after you had it. HIV initial infections present as flu-like symptoms. So, if you had risky sex and came down with something like the flu the day afterward, that would be a reason to be worried.
    Conversion flu can manifest itself at any time after infection
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_dis...gression_rates
    If you subscribe to "CSI" (Vegas) then it is strictly 6 weeks after direct infection (if you have the correct subset variant). Waiting for conversion flu onset is akin to Horses and Stable doors. Too late once they have bolted.
    There, but for the grace of God go I !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronit
    Conventional HIV tests may not detect the virus up to 6 months. In other words if you have had unprotected sex you cannot say upto 6 months whether you are infected or not. (opinion is varied on whether it should be 3 months or 6 months). About an year back a newer form of HIV test was discovered. I am not sure how economical or fool-proof this is but this new test apparently gives the results right away. I am not sure if this test is still in R&D state or has reached the market.
    If you want to know.......You could have a good idea that you'd had an HIV infection the day after you had it. HIV initial infections present as flu-like symptoms. So, if you had risky sex and came down with something like the flu the day afterward, that would be a reason to be worried.

Conventional HIV tests may not detect the virus up to 6 months. In other words if you have had unprotected sex you cannot say upto 6 months whether you are infected or not. (opinion is varied on whether it should be 3 months or 6 months). About an year back a newer form of HIV test was discovered. I am not sure how economical or fool-proof this is but this new test apparently gives the results right away. I am not sure if this test is still in R&D state or has reached the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Daschol
    It would essentially eliminate the requirement of wearing protection completely. Imagine a session where you meet a provider, she takes your insta test, and you take her insta test, both pass, and voila! All set to go. Or am I missing something.

A Natural Alternative to Antibiotics

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jets
    Having just caught another dose of herpes I am thinking on how to avoid this in the future. Sorry no sex, is not an option.
    http://www.healthkingenterprise.com/...ioDefender.asp
    Monolaurin is a naturally occurring organic compound found in mother’s milk and in coconut oil. This monoglyceride destroys lipid coated (fat coated) viruses and bacteria. This includes Herpes, Chlamydia, helicobacter pyloris, Epstein Barr, and influenza, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Safariman
    A strain of antibiotic-resistant [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] is growing in Ontario at an alarming pace
    http://www.healthkingenterprise.com/...ioDefender.asp
    Clinical trials using monoglycerides such as monolaurin for destroying bacteria, viruses and fungi are on the rise. The journal Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Nov 1999, vol. 43, no. 11 clearly states that the susceptibility of Neisseria gonorrhoeae (gonorrhea) to several medium-chain fatty acids and their 1-monoglycerides causes the fastest and most effective killing of all strains of N. gonorrhoeae.

Quote Originally Posted by Opebo
    Fluoroquinolones are not the normally used current treatment for gonorrhea. This resistance may have been newsworthy a decade ago, but not now. Treatments currently useful include azithromycin and Ceftriaxone.
    Well you should know, O'p, as a regular consumer.

Fluoroquinolones are not the normally used current treatment for gonorrhea. This resistance may have been newsworthy a decade ago, but not now. Treatments currently useful include azithromycin and Ceftriaxone.

Take cover!!!

[1] Antibiotic resistance, _N. gonorrhoeae_, fluoroquinolones, Canada [2] Comments on antibiotic resistance, _N. gonorrhoeae_, fluoroquinolones, Canada

[1]
    Date: Tue 3 Feb 2009
    Source: Globe and Mail [edited]
    <http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090203.wlsex03/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home>

A strain of antibiotic-resistant [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] is growing in Ontario at an alarming pace, raising fears that the era of practicing safe sex is on its way out, according to a new Canadian study.

Rates of [infections due to _Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] resistant to antibiotics known as [fluoroquinolones] jumped from 4 per cent of cases in 2002 to 28 per cent in 2006, a study published today [3 Feb 2009] in the Canadian Medical Association Journal reveals [see <http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/180/3/287>].

"The magnitude of the rate of resistance to [fluoroquinolones] is unusually high by any threshold reported in North America," the study said. The findings add further woe to already-surging gonorrhea infection rates. From 1997 to 2007, infection rates more than doubled in Canada, from 15 to 35 cases for every 100 000 people. Growing evidence suggests that gonorrhea, a highly adaptable infection, is becoming increasingly resistant to a variety of antibiotics, which has major implications for future control and treatment of the disease. The rising incidence of [fluoroquinolone]-resistant [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] confirms those worries.

Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection that, if untreated, can lead to pelvic pain and scarring of the fallopian tubes in women and of the urethra in men, contributing to infertility in both genders.

The increased infection rates raise concerns that people are abandoning safe-sex practices, which could have major and wide-reaching effects on the population's health, according to Susan Richardson, head of microbiology at the Hospital for Sick Children [in Toronto] and senior author of the study. "We are concerned that people are not taking the same precautions for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections that they could," said Dr.
    Richardson, who is also a consultant to the Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion.

[Fluoroquinolone]-resistant gonorrhea was most commonly found in people over 30 [years of age], the study found. While other studies have shown [fluoroquinolone]-resistant [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] to be most prevalent among men who have sex with men, this study found rates were split evenly with heterosexual men.

The resistant strain of [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] could have spread through Ontario's population from people who have visited Asian countries where the disease is widespread, the study said. Ontario may have higher rates of [fluoroquinolone-resistant] [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] because it is the largest province and a major transit hub. Other highly populated travel centres, such as Sydney, Australia, also have high rates of the antibiotic-resistant infection, according to an editorial published along with the study.

While the spike in [fluoroquinolone]-resistant cases appears to be greatest in Ontario, experts predict the trend will spread. "The likelihood is that this will increase [in Ontario] and increase [in] every province too," Dr. Richardson said.

There are other treatments to battle gonorrhea, including a group of antibiotics known as cephalosporins that some countries, including Canada [and the USA], now recommend instead of [fluoroquinolones].
    Some people, however, may be allergic to those medications, making their gonorrhea difficult to treat and raising their risk of health consequences, such as infertility.

But an even bigger issue is that some reports show that strains of [_Neisseria gonorrhoeae_] resistant to cephalosporins are emerging in Pacific Rim countries, according to the editorial written by John Tapsall, who is with the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Sexually Transmitted Diseases at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney [see <http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/180/3/268>].

One of the biggest disadvantages of antibiotics is that [microorganisms] can mutate and become resistant to the medication, according to Dr. Tapsall. Public health officials must take action to bring infection rates down to prevent more resistant strains from emerging and further limiting gonorrhea treatment options, he wrote.
    "A recognition of these parallels [between resistance to fluoroquinolones and cephalosporins] has led to renewed calls for better control of gonococcal disease, including enhanced global surveillance of resistance and improved treatment."

Some encouraging news on the Beeb

Here it is : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7843138.stm

Summary : US scientists say they have developed a cream which could for the first time prevent someone from becoming infected with genital herpes.

Hope they test it and release it quickly.

I had herpes for the past 30 years. Cought it in Thailand while still a teenager. My experience was this. Outbreak was about 4 or 5 times a year mostly around the penis area and sometimes at the testicle. Very uncomfortable, painful and messy.

Ever since my circumcision, the herpes outbreak NEVER occur near the above mentioned area but occured at the back slightly above the buttock! The point is it is much more managable in term of comfort considering the back area is flat as compared to the private part that can be quite messy. The only drawback is that you cant' lie on your back during the outbreak period. So I guess the herpes virus will know what to do when you get rid of the extra skin near your penis!! I recommend that you go for a circumcision in a private clinic that cost about RM250. Anyone with the same experience, please share with other members.

Thank you.

Posting Limitations