Thread: Angeles City

+ Add Report
Page 264 of 2054 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 274 314 364 764 1264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 30796
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharka  [View Original Post]
    Thanks WC, great report.

I have to agree with many of the things you pointed out.

I have to add that many of the girls even before Covid hit were in trouble. I've been and stayed in AC for many trips for many years. , most trips lasting about a month. When you stay longer you get to see much more what happens to family life there. While many are reluctant to sell their bodies and will do anything to make a living, the reality is different.

If you have been there long enough you will meet those that refuse but eventually they have no choice but sell themselves simply because the girls have run out of options. Their family can no longer support them, their family runs out of money, no longer able to pay rent, no food and worst of all, no more money to pay for the load data and minutes for the phones.

Most get pregnant early, most don't finish school (not because they are dumb but family can't support the expenses for even HS). Many apply for limited jobs but very few get hire.

It's call desperation to feed themselves, their family and sometimes their babies. Most of us from western countries don't really comprehend what its like with no govt welfare programs to help with even the basic needs (like food and shelter). So yes, desperation to survive will always overcome any moral reluctance.
    Case in point. Ive met a bargirl years ago and we became friends. I notice she had a cousin that was cute that she sometimes meet to go home together. We all met a few times for quick meals at the mall. I asked her cousin once if she was willing to spend a night with me. She was shocked and cursed me out. She refused to talked to me afterwards as she called me a bad person. About a year later, i ran into the bargirl friend and she told me her cousin and family were in financial trouble as most of the family no longer had jobs. She asked if I could help her out. I told her I would still only pay her if she was willing to spend the night with me. Again, the answer was No way, and she added she would rather die first. Fast forward 6 months on next trip to AC, I ran into the bargirl friend again and she asked if I wanted her cousin as she was desperate and was now willing to spend the night with me. So yes, desperation can change anyones mind.
    Sad story but mongers are not bleeding hearts.

Last Shot Saloon

Quote Originally Posted by PuteNut  [View Original Post]
    Run down expats and a few LBs (both inside and outside). They sometimes serve a cheap Scandanavian buffet (used to be Sundays if memory serves) which is OK. Go there for the buffet and / or a cheap drink, give the rest a miss.
    That seems really depressing.

Anyone know how many hookers / punters are about? I guess the pick pockets are finding it hard. It is all getting increasingly academic to me as, the way things are going in Europe, I doubt I'll ever be back. I do miss the LBFMs and listening to the pathetic ex pats but all good (and bad) things must end. The media have people scared shttless here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharka  [View Original Post]
    This is mainly a drink bar for a few expat locals. Not a girly bar, not a pick up bar and not a bar tourist visits.
    Run down expats and a few LBs (both inside and outside). They sometimes serve a cheap Scandanavian buffet (used to be Sundays if memory serves) which is OK. Go there for the buffet and / or a cheap drink, give the rest a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast1  [View Original Post]
    I would imagine that while SB posted in the Angeles forum, he is not in AC (like me). I can confirm that in my area (not the big city), Covid lockdowns have reduced a bad economy drastically. Brgy have stopped the food give-aways. Many people have shifted income opportunities from normal trabajo to selling small goods or services. They go into the marketplace and use their meager money to purchase face masks (or other), then sell them at a markup in the Brgy (the same way the sari owner buys everything he sells in the sari). These efforts don't make much profit, and the lockdown has turned every family into entrepreneurial enterprises. This lack of income continues to tighten, like a vice grip being slowly turned. All companies here are operating (as per local mandate) at maximum 50% capacity. Previous to Covid, construction guys worked 5-6 days per week. Now they rotate, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday (I don't know a single construction guy working 5 days).

Another example. Just outside of town there was previously a nut-shelling 'factory', an odd-looking building -- the exterior, interior walls, and roof are just plywood sheets, no windows, no aircon (some oscillating fans), no sign on the building identifying anything. Two dozen ladies worked inside removing nuts from the shell, making p200 for an 8-hour shift (below the technical minimum here, but not uncommon here). A few months ago the factory closed completely, but not the business. The owner disbanded her employees and simply went to their nearby compounds and brought them bags of nuts each day, and offered them p50 for roughly 4-5-6 hours of the same work each day. When some of the original workers balked at the hours / pay arrangement, the owner lady just held up a bag of nuts and asked if anyone else in the compound wanted to make p50 for a days work shelling the nuts. She had no trouble getting neighbors of the original employees to take the work (which of course has set neighbors to be angry with each other). The 'new' employees shell for 4-5 hours at home, then return the freshly shelled nuts to the owner's home each day. No more need for the owner to rent the factory, or pay a 'going daily rate' of p300+.

There are a glut of taxi's here now. They rent the beast at p500 for 12 hours. The drivers are now quick to hand out their phone number and agree in advance to work off the meter for a much lower rate. For instance, several times a week I take a ride that is 15-ish minutes and runs p85-95, roughly. Drivers now agree to take me, wait an hour while I shop (or they take other fares while I am shopping), and then pick me up and return me home for p150. I just txt them an hour in advance and we arrange a time for pickup at my place, and I txt them when I get into the cashier checkout lane for return. They don't get paid until they return me home. I have half a dozen taxi drivers waiting on call for items like this (I still like the jeep). This is the new reality.

I can thumbs-up SB's post. In this province, the squeeze is on. Overseas visiting boyfie's are no longer returning, and no longer remitting (they themselves have lost income due to Covid). The ladies are offering it up. The new system is now also a better referral system. My regulars have friends that are in need, and it turns out the friends have friends in need. Pre-Covid, this was 'not abailable'.

In a later post I would like to describe also several biz successes of some of the locals here (similar to Napa).

Sage advice.
    Thanks WC, great report.

I have to agree with many of the things you pointed out.

I have to add that many of the girls even before Covid hit were in trouble. I've been and stayed in AC for many trips for many years. , most trips lasting about a month. When you stay longer you get to see much more what happens to family life there. While many are reluctant to sell their bodies and will do anything to make a living, the reality is different.

If you have been there long enough you will meet those that refuse but eventually they have no choice but sell themselves simply because the girls have run out of options. Their family can no longer support them, their family runs out of money, no longer able to pay rent, no food and worst of all, no more money to pay for the load data and minutes for the phones.

Most get pregnant early, most don't finish school (not because they are dumb but family can't support the expenses for even HS). Many apply for limited jobs but very few get hire.

It's call desperation to feed themselves, their family and sometimes their babies. Most of us from western countries don't really comprehend what its like with no govt welfare programs to help with even the basic needs (like food and shelter). So yes, desperation to survive will always overcome any moral reluctance.
    Case in point. Ive met a bargirl years ago and we became friends. I notice she had a cousin that was cute that she sometimes meet to go home together. We all met a few times for quick meals at the mall. I asked her cousin once if she was willing to spend a night with me. She was shocked and cursed me out. She refused to talked to me afterwards as she called me a bad person. About a year later, i ran into the bargirl friend and she told me her cousin and family were in financial trouble as most of the family no longer had jobs. She asked if I could help her out. I told her I would still only pay her if she was willing to spend the night with me. Again, the answer was No way, and she added she would rather die first. Fast forward 6 months on next trip to AC, I ran into the bargirl friend again and she asked if I wanted her cousin as she was desperate and was now willing to spend the night with me. So yes, desperation can change anyone’s mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BrizLad  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for posting. He spends a lot of time on the gossip. I have a question for the forum. What is the story with Niagara Bar?

I used to rendezvous with a freelancer who liked meeting there. The rooms and the place looks pretty cheap. Doesn't ever seem to be an AC bargirl type of bar though.
    This is mainly a drink bar for a few expat locals. Not a girly bar, not a pick up bar and not a bar tourist visits.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedRoger  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for posting. He spends a lot of time on the gossip. I have a question for the forum. What is the story with Niagara Bar?

I used to rendezvous with a freelancer who liked meeting there. The rooms and the place looks pretty cheap. Doesn't ever seem to be an AC bargirl type of bar though.

Current map or what is open in AC

I subscribe and read the guy sometimes as he has been in AC years. He posted this map of what is supposed to open and closed in AC.

Some may find it interesting.

https://jimmydhorse.com/wp-content/u...ap-updated.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis  [View Original Post]
    Probably better to wait until after Christmas, LOL. I know 2 people that have left and returned. A major pain in the ass according to the travelers.
    I too know a couple people who have left and are trying to return or have returned.

The major problem is that the requirements are not well known and understood by all. They change often and the revised information does not get to everyone.

Also people will just make up what they think the requirement and then never back down when you show them the written requirements.

I chose to stay put at the start of this and see no reason to change my decision. I am comfortable where I am and will just ride this out to the restrictions are lifted, even if that takes another year.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I guess now is the time to claim your bastard children.
    Probably better to wait until after Christmas, LOL. I know 2 people that have left and returned. A major pain in the ass according to the travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis  [View Original Post]
    See attached images for entry requirements to PH.
    I guess now is the time to claim your bastard children.

See attached images for entry requirements to PH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 129082568_1883432931795405_6287958175651600112_o.jpg‎   128401478_1883432941795404_1135126768928832204_o.jpg‎   128571610_1883432938462071_7675634700201570608_o.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Strel75  [View Original Post]
    My bargirl friend says people are doing it, but I'm hesitant to try. I think you can fly in from Korea.

Anyone had any luck doing this?
    Plenty of people are flying into Clark airport but unless you have a visa or are Filipino you will not be allowed into the country. No tourists visas are being issued.

Any luck flying into Clark?

My bargirl friend says people are doing it, but I'm hesitant to try. I think you can fly in from Korea.

Anyone had any luck doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexCrash  [View Original Post]
    Got PM'd from a ONS that the shanty town of Tarlac took a direct hit from a hurricane this week. At one point they had no electricity or running water. As easy as Google is, not sure if AC or MNL were impacted.

Hopefully all cleaned up in time for the next volcanic eruption.
    I can't comment on specific areas or hookers' houses but yes Manila has been affected. This typhoon season has been worse because they have had several one after another and each has affected a fairly wide area. Typically it's just one typhoon with a fairly limited blast radius.

Its normal for the effects to last days or even weeks especially in the provinces. Typically electricity and major dangerous services are turned off the day before the typhoon hits to limit damage and will not be turned back on again until roads are cleared, debris removed and repairs are finished. Remember that most services there are run above ground and not protected by underground lines so damage can be extensive.

Lots of damage but remember this happens every year.

Cheers. G.

Ravaged

Got PM'd from a ONS that the shanty town of Tarlac took a direct hit from a hurricane this week. At one point they had no electricity or running water. As easy as Google is, not sure if AC or MNL were impacted.

Hopefully all cleaned up in time for the next volcanic eruption.

Posting Limitations