La Vie en Rose
Masion Close

Thread: General Reports

+ Add Report
Page 235 of 924 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 245 285 335 735 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 13859
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Anyone here want to admit they Sponsor a Thai girl?

https://www.pattayaone.news/another-...-marriage-con/

There's a sucker born every minute. Personally I have no idea why any foreigner would ever send money overseas to a girl. Maybe someone can enlighten me why this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin69  [View Original Post]
    Last trip in Vietnam and drank weasel coffee and brought back beans for grinding. I loved its full, chocolately flavour. Admittedly they are likely farmed for this, but very nice and preferable to my daily Italian shots. Pity so pricey outside Vietnam, online etc.
    I bring in Caramel flavoured 100% Arabica coffee (not sweet at all) from OS, and mix with regular Arabica coffees to boost flavour a bit. Also mix some Dalmayer or Cafe Hag (or Vittoria) Decaffeinated 100% Arabica (tastes OK not like instant) to reduce my total Caffeine intake. So essentially I am doing my own blends, but never use Robusta in blend at all (it is the low class cheap one and grown lower down the mountains). The Chocolatey taste sounds interesting. Would try if was a good price. Ha ha. I have noticed Hazelnut flavoured and vanilla flavoured back home but I hate Hazelnuts, and Vanilla was just so so.

When you buy a coffee and tastes very metallic / acidic, chances are it includes Robusta. Normally my Sport Pub had reasonable coffee although always had to tell the girls how to make it, but last time I had to suspect latest beans fill contained part Robusta as flavour made me pull a screwed up face. Metallic / acidic taste. Certainly did not want a 2nd cup.

In Germany, Tschibo shop sells some very nice tasting coffee beans or grounds. I like their South American stuff. My suitcase usually has their stuff. So taste matters and a good price helps a lot.

Vietnamese weasel coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvis  [View Original Post]
    I drank that civet coffee. Kopi Lawak, about 20 years ago. I recall that it had a really sweet aroma and was not overly bitter. I think it's quite expensive these days. I'd be interested in trying it again as my palate has matured more, however I agree with RL regarding Indonesian business practices and I may end up drinking monkey crap.
    Last trip in Vietnam and drank weasel coffee and brought back beans for grinding. I loved its full, chocolately flavour. Admittedly they are likely farmed for this, but very nice and preferable to my daily Italian shots. Pity so pricey outside Vietnam, online etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertLong  [View Original Post]
    I stay in condos and I use Starbucks instant which is pretty dam good considering it's an instant coffee. Starbucks spent a lot of money developing the instant and it payed off. I also use honey as a sweetener that brings out the flavor in the coffee. Same as putting lime on local papayas brings out the sugar in the fruit.

Thanks for the tip on Tops market coffee. I'll take some home.
    Once you get away from Instant (even a better one), it is hard to go back, also once you get away from sugar in coffee, it is hard to go back, Milk has a slight sweetening effect on the coffee, enough for me. I don't really like honey at all, but that is personal taste.

I do squeeze lime on various fruits, Papaya, Pineapple, Mango etc. Does it bring the sweetness out? Okay If you see that way. It can stop cut bananas and apples etc. From browning. I just like the extra tang, same like a Gin & Tonic is greatly improved by Lime for me. A UK Guy told me Gin and Tonic must have Lemon (lime is just wrong. Ha ha. However I prefer lime myself). The fruit can go off after lime squeezed on if don't eat it same day. My Mrs told me that, so I guess she knows. Low sugar Caiparinha is one of my favourite drinks, very lime sour please. My Mrs likes Vodka, lime juice, and sweetened with some local fruit cordials in many flavours (could be lime, passionfruit, Lychee, etc. Flavours) and you can see the bottles of those on ice drink stands around Bangkok. I keep to very low sugar and starches per day, if possible.

The most popular coffee maker in the US is the Keurig. It uses a pod with freshly ground coffee or you can get a basket that fits in the machine that you load with your favorite blend. These are single cup machines and are very good. The market for the plastic prefilled pods has become quite competitive, as all major coffee brans are in supply.

The major drawback for me and others is the plastic pod. We do not need more plastic throw away items in our landfills. The second is the only single cup serving. But to my taste this is the best coffee maker for home use without spending hundreds of dollars on an expresso machine.

I stay in condos and I use Starbucks instant which is pretty dam good considering it's an instant coffee. Starbucks spent a lot of money developing the instant and it payed off. I also use honey as a sweetener that brings out the flavor in the coffee. Same as putting lime on local papayas brings out the sugar in the fruit.

RL.
    There are so many excellent coffee shops in Bangkok now. Truly becoming a world class coffee city. Follow #cafehoppingbkk on Instagram and you'll find some great cups of coffee.

KEURIG Coffee Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Syzygies  [View Original Post]
    Today tried "Duang Dee" (means "portents well for the future" or "lucky stars") 250 gm 100% Arabica from hilltribes Karen, Lahu, Lisu and Hmong in the north. Bought at Tops Supermarket, Asoke. Very black roast. Taste was a bit acidic but quite tolerable (better than Robusta blends). I made filter coffee. Don't have an Espresso machine in suitcase. Ha ha. Just funnel, filter paper and small electric jug.

Price was 102 Baht. Not too bad. Good value for money, even if taste not top. The ones 3 to 5 times higher price are not 3 to 5 times better. I could mix with a mello OS coffee to soften it a bit (had some other coffees in the suitcase), but am used to fairly strong coffee (with milk to take the edge off). If you like strong coffee taste, give it a try. Melo coffee drinkers, maybe don't bother.

Some other coffees available with 100% Arabica are more expensive but they won't even say where the beans came from. Giovanni was a good example, packed in Surawong road, bean origin unknown, nothing to do with Italy. Its barcode starts 885 (a product of Thailand). Italy starts 800 to 839, Guatemala 740 etc.
    The most popular coffee maker in the US is the Keurig. It uses a pod with freshly ground coffee or you can get a basket that fits in the machine that you load with your favorite blend. These are single cup machines and are very good. The market for the plastic prefilled pods has become quite competitive, as all major coffee brans are in supply.

The major drawback for me and others is the plastic pod. We do not need more plastic throw away items in our landfills. The second is the only single cup serving. But to my taste this is the best coffee maker for home use without spending hundreds of dollars on an expresso machine.

RL.

Today tried "Duang Dee" (means "portents well for the future" or "lucky stars") 250 gm 100% Arabica from hilltribes Karen, Lahu, Lisu and Hmong in the north. Bought at Tops Supermarket, Asoke. Very black roast. Taste was a bit acidic but quite tolerable (better than Robusta blends). I made filter coffee. Don't have an Espresso machine in suitcase. Ha ha. Just funnel, filter paper and small electric jug.

Price was 102 Baht. Not too bad. Good value for money, even if taste not top. The ones 3 to 5 times higher price are not 3 to 5 times better. I could mix with a mello OS coffee to soften it a bit (had some other coffees in the suitcase), but am used to fairly strong coffee (with milk to take the edge off). If you like strong coffee taste, give it a try. Melo coffee drinkers, maybe don't bother.

Some other coffees available with 100% Arabica are more expensive but they won't even say where the beans came from. Giovanni was a good example, packed in Surawong road, bean origin unknown, nothing to do with Italy. Its barcode starts 885 (a product of Thailand). Italy starts 800 to 839, Guatemala 740 etc.
    Have you not already done so, I would suggest you try coffee from Lao. The Bolavan plateau near Pakse grows some of the finest coffee I have tried. It is well worth while getting hold of some.

Trip Report 3/30-4/10/19

This is the first "post" of my recent Thailand Trip (3/30-4/10). I will break down the Trip Report into a number of sections including: General, Bangkok, Hau Hin, Hotels, Pattaya.

This is my 8th trip to Thailand over the past 40 years, I have been to BKK and Pattaya the past three years with similar itinerary. I am a North American business type, not a Cheap Charlie, but I don't throw money around either, and would not characterize myself as a Monger, rather a single guy on holiday enjoying companionship.

There are many ways to "save" small amounts of money which are discussed on the Forum, but use prospective- we have invested in the time and highest cost of the trip to fly to Thailand, so trying to save a few Baht / Dollars / Pounds / Etc. Sometimes seems counter productive in the overall enjoyment of a Holiday. Remember what a lady may cost you at home, it may off set the urge to negotiate that last 100 Baht, but we don't want to spoil them or act like some Asian men on holiday when it comes to money.

Some observations for those new to Thailand, and reminders to frequent visitors:

It is hot and sticky, depend on wearing nice shorts, t-shirts during the day, collar shirt at night, I bring packages of "wet wipes", and "wash clothes" as most hotels do not have these. I also bring two large colored towels which are great for covering the bed for massages, and the girls love them to wrap up with after a shower.

I buy a bottle of "duty free" booze that does not need mixer for in room libations, decent liquor in Thailand is high priced.

Obtain Line ID on your phone in advance, indicate in your profile when you will be in Thailand, most girls really want to only 'chat' with you if you are in country, so this helps.

Change a little money at the Airport, (on arrival level) - enough for Taxi town and tips, additional money can be changed in Town at a better rate than the airport.

I have never changed my Phone SIM card during my visits, for Business and Family reasons. I have never needed to use a Thai telephone number, I use Line ID or APPS- Thai Friendly, Tinder, Whatsapp. Wi-Fi is available everywhere, and if you are out and about you can go into a bar / restaurant and have an employee give you their Wi-Fi password (they even usually put it into your phone for you).

Prearranged Taxi transfer to BKK City was 800 Baht- about 1 HR. With traffic congestion.

I tip the Maid and Doorman / Bellman on arrival, (100 Baht) which generally insures plenty of extra towels, and normally available Hotel Tut Tut for transportation and assistance in the Lobby and Front Door.

One comment which many Senior Members will say over and over again is not to over plan your trip. There are so many things to do, and so many women if you want them, you do not need to create an itinerary down to the last detail, and it will allow you to 'go with the flow' in what you are doing.

Thai Women- the pictures you see on Thai Friendly, Thai Cupid, Tinder and other sites are either the best the girls have or they are photo shopped. Don't be surprised when they show up at your door, or they wake up in the morning not looking like a 8, 9, or 10.

Thai ladies in my opinion, are attractive, some of the world's best, but they are not all models- most have small boobs, many have past or current complexion problems, many wear lots of make up. About 90% will be single mothers which can have significant impact on their stomachs and boobs.

Thai Women- age range: you can be fooled easily- a 45 year old can look like a 35 year old. And the most ladies available are 30-40, the most horny seem to be 40-45- they really seem to want it. The early 30's, 'massage girl next door', when you get her out of her normal environment of a shared room at a MP, into your hotel room, seems to make the very best GFE and best in bed IMO, especially at 1200-1500 Baht ST /2000 LT (Pattaya rates).

100% Arabica ground coffee

A real scam from the Isle of Bali.

The coffee bean is eaten by the Luwak animal, kind of a squirrel or Mongoose. The animal shits out the beans and the manufacture cleans and dry's the beans to grind or sell as Luwak Coffee.

They sell tons of this at many tourist traps. I just can't believe that they have enough animals to produce the enormous amounts that they are selling. Having done business in Bali of 20 years I can attest to the fact that Indonesians will sell you a monkey and tell you it's a cat.

RL.
    In Thailand the expensive one is the Coffee beans hand picked from Elephant Dung:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/photo...-elephant-dung

Too gimmicky for me. I drink so much coffee that low price for good quality becomes important. Don't want to pay 100 Baht for a very moderate standard coffee in a coffee shop. Can get a 50 baht one but the Thais don't make it how I like it.

There was a nice boutique coffee shop with health food in Soi 19 but it closed.

Talked to a long time in Thailand, knowledgeable guy last night and he said he gets his coffee sent in from Hong Kong. Sounds like the good options here are not that good. Thailand taxes the shit out of imported coffee to make the price ridiculous. Protecting the Thai coffee business. Seems to be very acidic tasting coffee to come out of Chiang Mai and the North and not always a great price. Tesco's South American coffees tastes better. There is no coffee grown in Italy yet "Italian" coffee is good and a good price.

See Tops supermarket having Illy coffee 250 gm for 500 Baht plus (or was it 800) makes me laugh. Still the long term guy here, told me he saw Pomelo fruit (Som-Oh in Thai) for several hundred Baht in Emporium yesterday. On roadside in Thailand it is probably 30 Baht (at a wild guess), and I don't even like it that much. Rip off prices abound here if you buy in the wrong place. Chocolates in the Thai airport are probably sold duty free at 4 times the real price overseas. So I think King Power takes my prize for being a rip off company, without having looked at any high so stuff in Emporium, etc.

So worth researching where to get stuff at a good price, if are consuming regularly. Coffee being my first priority.

Consumed.

The coffee bean is eaten by the Luwak animal, kind of a squirrel or Mongoose. The animal shits out the beans and the manufacture cleans and dry's the beans to grind or sell as Luwak Coffee.

They sell tons of this at many tourist traps. I just can't believe that they have enough animals to produce the enormous amounts that they are selling. Having done business in Bali of 20 years I can attest to the fact that Indonesians will sell you a monkey and tell you it's a cat.

RL.
    I drank that civet coffee. Kopi Lawak, about 20 years ago. I recall that it had a really sweet aroma and was not overly bitter. I think it's quite expensive these days. I'd be interested in trying it again as my palate has matured more, however I agree with RL regarding Indonesian business practices and I may end up drinking monkey crap.

Luwak Coffee Bali

Normally I bring my own Italian coffee into Thailand in suitcase at very good prices from Europe. Packs of ground 100% Arabica.

Now I see I can get 200 gm or 250 gm packs 100% Arabica at Villa Markt (Giovanni brand and something from Chiang Mai) or at Tesco-Lotus can get Columbian, Guatemala etc. For maybe 189 Baht (occasionally less when they have a special). Is there a normally cheaper possibility with good flavor coffee grounds? I only want 100% Arabica.

I usually avoid anything labelled "Espresso" here, because that is the local euphemism for a rougher Blend with Robusta.

In the province, it is quite difficult to get good coffee at a good price. Makro has a fairly poor selection, mostly Robusta blends. So I have to load my suitcase here in Bangkok before going back to the province.

Don't have a trip to Italy right now, otherwise would come back with loads of coffee and some cheap bottles of vodkha etc.

RL.

Coffee Addict

Normally I bring my own Italian coffee into Thailand in suitcase at very good prices from Europe. Packs of ground 100% Arabica.

Now I see I can get 200 gm or 250 gm packs 100% Arabica at Villa Markt (Giovanni brand and something from Chiang Mai) or at Tesco-Lotus can get Columbian, Guatemala etc. For maybe 189 Baht (occasionally less when they have a special). Is there a normally cheaper possibility with good flavor coffee grounds? I only want 100% Arabica.

I usually avoid anything labelled "Espresso" here, because that is the local euphemism for a rougher Blend with Robusta.

In the province, it is quite difficult to get good coffee at a good price. Makro has a fairly poor selection, mostly Robusta blends. So I have to load my suitcase here in Bangkok before going back to the province.

Don't have a trip to Italy right now, otherwise would come back with loads of coffee and some cheap bottles of vodkha etc.

The main thing is people should realize there is a good alternative to Dtac, Ais, and True, where my experience with reception, connection stability, and playing video has not been great.
    Today watched a movie "Cold Pursuit" in live streaming mode with no glitches no pauses, on my old galaxy phone at 6 Mbps. That was way better than my home Internet performance. I never got to to watch high definition video in continuous mode before via a phone. Will be great for football matches live or replays. I won't have to top up again for 168 days. Works out to just under 400 Baht per month for me and that includes normal calls for half Baht per minute. I believe will get a message to warn when the time is coming up. 1 year period was available for 4 Mbps. 8 mbps is available but only only on a monthly Package I think. That allows them to change the price when they decide. One could top up for the long term and simply have them deduct so much each month I guess. I will consider changing package in 6 months if I decide 6 mbps is not fast enough. Ha ha.

Obviously Porn streams pretty good too.

I am keen to hear if the competitors can be this good too, or is it only "My Cat".

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPlayer  [View Original Post]
    The post wasn't in response to you or just for your benefit. I was posting the information for anyone who might be interested in the My Cat sim card.
    I said "Yeh Fine". I was wondering if you were trying to claim that Post Paid was a better option, perhaps not, just an option. I gave my personal preference, however everyone can make their own choice.

The main thing is people should realise there is a good alternative to Dtac, Ais, and True, where my experience with reception, connection stability, and playing video has not been great.

Posting Limitations