"Germany
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 148 of 286 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4278
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Enternational  [View Original Post]
    Well the rich got richer. Who are the people you knew to be poor before, but are now a member of the middle class? Brazil don't work that way.
    37 million "poor brazilians" became middle class.
    http://www.sae.gov.br/site/?p=17665
    I find it quite obvious that the big majority have better conditions now than before. Just see how they spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Enternational  [View Original Post]
    Well the rich got richer. Who are the people you knew to be poor before, but are now a member of the middle class? Brazil don't work that way.
    It depends on the country. Countries in the lower half of economic development, in poverty, usually see substantial growth of the poor upwards to the middle class. But countries that are already near the middle, who are rising to the upper ranks, who already have the infrastructure for finance and big business, generally have the rich just get richer, with only some "trickle down" wealth in the form of better civil services via taxation.

Interesting, but I never thought of Brazil as a country where girls would travel to work. The developed western world speaks either English or Spanish. Brazilian portugese is so different, that I would think they would have a hard time working and living abroad, except maybe obviously Portugal. They would need an organized "brothel" type system, like an FKK in Germany. Although I have not been to many, I have never seen a brazilian girl in an FKK.

Off topic, I will watch with great interest how Brazil deals with the world cup, and the time afterword. From what I saw, I don't think that Rio has the hotel volume or the infrastructure to handle the masses. I saw construction crews still building highways and bridges, with the games only one month away! I saw a CNN report that said that the Sao Paolo fresh water reserve is just about empty. How are hotel guests going to like turning on the shower and getting nothing? Brazil is investing a lot of money into these games. The only way they get some of it back is with tourists spending money. Apparently, the majority of tickets have been sold to Brazilians. But if the rest of the world is staying home on watching it on TV, that doesn't bring in any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo  [View Original Post]
    I have to disagree. I don't think the quantity of girls dwindled because of an economic boom for brasilians. (Shit, those girls were still living 5 deep in a 1 bedroom apartment! Middle class explosion had nothing to do with GDPs) The numbers dwindled because the girls started going to Europe in chase of the euros.

I have to disagree. I don't think the quantity of girls dwindled because of an economic boom for brasilians. (Shit, those girls were still living 5 deep in a 1 bedroom apartment! Middle class explosion had nothing to do with GDPs) The numbers dwindled because the girls started going to Europe in chase of the euros.

That makes a lot of sense. The economy, and generally people's lives, got better, so punting declined. I have been reading in "The Economist" about the BRIC countries being on the rise for years now. Brazilians are a fun, good natured people, so I wish them well.

I just assumed that Help closed because it was shut down by the police. It never occurred to me that its business model may have became obsolete, and it just closed.

Don't romanticize how great Help was. I was never any Help fan but I went there many times anyway. Help didn't close during it's heydays, which were in the nineties. The final years when Help were open it had gone downhill. Less girls, ridiculous prices and not impressive quality on the girls. After Help closed, that part of Copacabana became safer with less thieves, streetkids, drugdealers and scumbags. Of course it also became more boring. Even I missed the action on the outside of Help.

After the brazilian economy improved people got better off. Lots of poor people became the new middle class. This means less poor women who becomes prostitutes. This doesn't only affects the quantity but also the quality. There are still more than enough privées in Rio, but the quality of the girls has gone down. More fatties with giant bundas de gelatina.

Rio after WC and The Olimpics

Quote Originally Posted by Papi Muy Rico  [View Original Post]
    I agree with your analysis 110. Help closing was devastating. At the beginning I didn't care because, as you, I wasn't a big fan and thought that Rio had a lot more to offer. However, after Help my Rio experience was never the same, No other mongering place has the quantity, quality, diversity of babes that Help offered. That Balcony shithole is not even 10% of was the Help experience was, and 2-3 times the Help prices in drinks.

Like you, I hope it comes back to normal some day.
    Wait untill the FIFA WC and the Olimpics are over.

I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by the cane  [View Original Post]
    well, i think you touched on it in bits and pieces of your report. prices are up. for everything it seems. plus places have closed. help shutting down was a huge blow to the scene. i admit that, even if i was never a help fan. it was well past its prime by the time i started going down. l'uomo closed. rio antigo closed. termas aeroporto closed. some of the privees that people liked are gone. places aren't open on sundays anymore. although i haven't heard of any raids lately, there were some raids that got places like centaurus and 4x4 shut down for periods of time. i think that will happen again.

i think plenty of us are surprised that balcony is still open. i'll bet money that it won't be by the time the olympics roll around, if not much, much sooner than that. it just seems that on the heels of the demise of helpee the whole "tone" began to change. i knew it would happen too as soon as brazil was awarded with the world cup and the olympic games! now they want to put on a "good face" for the rest of world. show they've "arrived".

i sincerely believe that more stringent measures and attacks against mongerdom in brazil are coming. at the same time, i cannot and will not ever give up on the marvelous city! we're just going through a phase right now. a phase that will begin to reverse itself after this damned world cup and the games are over! and the economic crash that is sure to ensue afterwards. oh you can bet your bottom dollar there will be an "economic adjustment"! we need that adjustment too to help things get back to "normal".

with good fortune i hope to get to brazil again. but when i do, i want things to be trending my way. the monger's way! i'm glad you enjoyed your first trip, even if you were a bit limited in where you went and what you saw. may that b+ turn into an a+ the next time! i know my first trip was an a++! man i wore myself out so damn bad from butt fucking all those hot brazilian girls that i had to take a whole damn week off of work when i got back home i was so damn run down hahaha!
    i agree with your analysis 110%. help closing was devastating. at the beginning i didn't care because, as you, i wasn't a big fan and thought that rio had a lot more to offer. however, after help my rio experience was never the same, no other mongering place has the quantity, quality, diversity of babes that help offered. that balcony shithole is not even 10% of was the help experience was, and 2-3 times the help prices in drinks.

like you, i hope it comes back to normal some day.

A Scene in Flux

Quote Originally Posted by manny51  [View Original Post]
    responding to this post a bit late, but i agree with all. i am often dumbfounded by the pictures that people post in thus forum (not necessarily brazil) , calling this girl a hot spinner and such. i try to be polite and not comment, but holy crap, if you can't get a girl that looks like that in the states, then something is wrong with you. the only way to know if the women in a country appeal to you is to go.

by the way, what did you mean by "the brazil sex scene is going through a bit of transition right now, so it may not be the best time for a noob to go." please explain.
    well, i think you touched on it in bits and pieces of your report. prices are up. for everything it seems. plus places have closed. help shutting down was a huge blow to the scene. i admit that, even if i was never a help fan. it was well past its prime by the time i started going down. l'uomo closed. rio antigo closed. termas aeroporto closed. some of the privees that people liked are gone. places aren't open on sundays anymore. although i haven't heard of any raids lately, there were some raids that got places like centaurus and 4x4 shut down for periods of time. i think that will happen again.

i think plenty of us are surprised that balcony is still open. i'll bet money that it won't be by the time the olympics roll around, if not much, much sooner than that. it just seems that on the heels of the demise of helpee the whole "tone" began to change. i knew it would happen too as soon as brazil was awarded with the world cup and the olympic games! now they want to put on a "good face" for the rest of world. show they've "arrived".

i sincerely believe that more stringent measures and attacks against mongerdom in brazil are coming. at the same time, i cannot and will not ever give up on the marvelous city! we're just going through a phase right now. a phase that will begin to reverse itself after this damned world cup and the games are over! and the economic crash that is sure to ensue afterwards. oh you can bet your bottom dollar there will be an "economic adjustment"! we need that adjustment too to help things get back to "normal".

with good fortune i hope to get to brazil again. but when i do, i want things to be trending my way. the monger's way! i'm glad you enjoyed your first trip, even if you were a bit limited in where you went and what you saw. may that b+ turn into an a+ the next time! i know my first trip was an a++! man i wore myself out so damn bad from butt fucking all those hot brazilian girls that i had to take a whole damn week off of work when i got back home i was so damn run down hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cane  [View Original Post]
    I've been telling this bloke the same thing repeatedly.

The only caveat I would issue is not to have your decision hinge entirely on other mongers' pictures of the tutes. I mean, before my first Rio trip I felt like I was seeing so many "ugly pics" that I really had no desire to go to Brazil. Well, a buddy was pleading with me to go. Screaming even LOL! Well, he was right. He understood my tastes perfectly and what I like, and he knew I would consistently find exactly what I want in Brazil. And I learned a valuable lesson too. Never, ever let the pictures other members take 100 per cent sway your decision whether to go or not to go to any particular destination. It should be a factor, but not the predominate one. There's so much more to consider. I would have never gone to Brazil the first time had I followed my own instincts. And boy am I glad there was an "intervention"!

So that said, one should just keep all of this in mind. Then go fish or cut bait! In PL's case (and others like him) he's so concerned about whether or not the women will be "white enough" that I think he should just stick with Germany and the FKKs. I love those too, but only second to Brazil! Also, the Brazil sex scene is going through a bit of transition right now, so it may not be the best time for a noob to go.
    Responding to this post a bit late, but I agree with all. I am often dumbfounded by the pictures that people post in thus forum (not necessarily Brazil) , calling this girl a hot spinner and such. I try to be polite and not comment, but holy crap, if you can't get a girl that looks like that in the states, then something is wrong with you. The only way to know if the women in a country appeal to you is to go.

By the way, what did you mean by "the Brazil sex scene is going through a bit of transition right now, so it may not be the best time for a noob to go." Please explain.

Thanks for the correction. When I last stopped by there on Sunday, I could have sworn it looked like I was on the Monte Carlo street! But when I look at the maps again, that was a stupid mistake. Must have been too many beers!

Yes,"Blame it on Rio" is just down the street from the first Copa subway stop. Monte Carlo, I think was down the street from the second subway stop. And the bus to Cristos Redeemer is at the last subway stop.

BTW, for any newbies going to the area soon, I can also tell you about Foz Iguazu and the waterfalls. Iguazu requires some some tips in advance to see efficiently. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny51  [View Original Post]
    there is a small all-purpose tourist shop next to Monte Carlo called 'Blame it on Rio.
    Nice report Manny. Slight correction, lest some newbies get lost and confused: Blame it on Rio is located on Rua Xavier da Silveira, 15 B. Monte Carlo is on Hilário Gouvêa, 19, both in Copa. MC is between the Hotel Oceano Copacabana and an apartment building. MC is blocks from Blame it on Rio. And yes, Bobby is a cool guy. I rented from him my first few trips to Rio.
    Dive bar T22 is not across from MC. Its across the street from the park near MC, near the corner of Praca Serzedelo Correa and Siqueiria Campos, next to Boteco Cevada, a tavern. Yes, it's a dive, but good for a few beers.

First time Brazil!

OK everyone, just got back from a 8 days in brazil! This won't be a classic 'field report, ' which is why I am posting it in the 'general info' section and not the 'reports' section. Take it as travelog, which is how it is intended. I speak as if to a newbie, like if I could go in the DeLorean and talk to the me of 10 days ago.

First of all, the venues. I would echo the observations that most other punters have made. The attractiveness of the women does not vary much from club to club, regardless of any cost differences. Some, but not all of the women have the 'bunda' look, meaning the normal sized legs tapering upward to a disproportionately large and round butt. Of course, there were those who were just fat. It is the sudden change in size from the leg to the butt that's the key. 4 x 4 (which I will hereafter refer to as 44) was the most packed. I was able to speak to some of the Brazilian guys hanging out, and they all told me, without exception, that 44 was THE place to be, the most highly regarded club. I started asking about other places- Centaurus? Sure that is a high end place, but nobody really goes there. Its a rip off. MV30? Monte Carlo? Never heard of them. So there you go.

44 was smaller than I imagined. Packed with people on a Friday night, but not the once in a lifetime circus that it has been hyped up to be. No biker chicks, firebreathers, or goth chicks with black fingernails. I was imagining the Cantina from Star Wars, but it was just typical chicas. Imagine an FKK with only the bar and you get the idea. I also checked out Monte Carlo on a Saturday, which was not appreciably nicer, just smaller. Interestingly, MC (9/8/20) ends up being only marginally more expensive than 4 x 4 (5/26). I thought that the girls were prettier at 4 x 4, and with more variety. So for those on a limited schedule, if you can only go to one place. 4 x 4 is it. Whatever your tastes are, you will find it there. Oh and also, for future reference, the centro termas are closed on May 1, their Labor day. I physically stopped by several of the venues to find them all shuttered.

Incidentally, T22 is a little dive bar across the street from MC. I took one look out of curiousity and bailed in about 10 seconds. Don't even bother. As for Bel Prazer, keep in mind that it is a massage parlor, and a small one at that. That means that there are no beds, just a real massage table: hard, narrow, and high. Everyone was very friendly, and pretty enough, but not quite 44 standards. For local office workers cutting out from work, I can understand the appeal. But tourists shouldn't bother. Just go for the Termas.

I was expecting Balcony bar to be at the top of some old seedy building. But actually it is a nice beachside bar and restaurant, the type you see in South Beach spilling into the sidewalk. In the daytime, it looks, and is, completely respectable. But for whatever reason, at midnight, tons of hookers way past their due date congregate there. I don't think its worth your time, especially at the prices that others are posting. I stopped by on a Saturday.

Getting back to the women, I found myself immediately comparing them to Colombian women in my head. Brazil has a very heterogeneous population, with women ranging from African heritage, latino looking, streaked tanned hair Portugese, and even redhead. You can see some absolutely stunning, Cosmopolitan Magazine women at the clubs and beaches, but that quality does not translate to the termas. Colombian women, on the other hand, have a more singular, 'latin' appearance and a more homogeneous population. I found the drop in looks from the Brazilian general population to the termas to be steep. Colombian women are more predictable in appearance, with a smaller standard deviation and thus, have beauty standards that translate better into the puta population. I am sure that veterans like Sperto and those living in Brazil can meet regular women and establish longer term relationships with true hotties. But I thought that women in the Termas were a little disappointing in looks. However, Brazilian women do make up for a lot of it by being better in the sack. Those rumors are all true!

So overall, based on my admittedly short experience, I would give Brazil a B+ in terms of punting destinations. For me, it was good, but not great. That being said, let me tell you why Rio de Janeiro jumps to an 'A' grade in the overall category. It can be summed up in one word: Lapa.

Lapa is one of the primary nightlife districts. It used to be the red light district in the early 20th century, and then fell into dilapidation. Then, about 10 years ago, the samba musician community began moving back in, setting up impromptu, bohemian style nightclubs. Now it is totally off the hook. The main draws are the live samba clubs. Of course, as the area has grown, there are some more generic clubs playing pop and rock and roll, but the heart of the place is traditional music. Brazil is South American, but it is very different from its Spanish speaking counterparts. There is no salsa here my friend. Samba is a mix of acoustic guitars and heavy percussion, and they sing in portugese. Live samba is infectious. I went to a samba club called 'Carioca da Gema' four nights in a row. That place is the bomb. At most of the clubs in Lapa, people are spilling into the street. But it is not pretentious in the way that jet-set Hollywood clubs are. There is no velvet rope, and everyone is welcome. The closest thing that I can think of for comparison for vibe and energy is New Orleans, my favorite nightlife town. Imagine a fusion of Frenchman and Bourbon St and you'll get the idea. Lots of gorgeous women, most wearing daisy dukes. On the weekends, there are tons of food and bar stands selling good and cheap food and booze all night long. All of it cleanly prepared. I did not get sick. If you just want to hang outside and take it all in, Afro-brazillian rumba style music is being played impromptu outdoors. If I lived in Rio I would be there every weekend. I remember choosing to stay in Lapa instead of checking out Centaurus on Saturday night. Going to a Terma seemed like a waste of time. Seriously.

So in summary, if you go to Rio seeking punting nirvana, you will be disappointed. From what I understand, those days have past. But if you visit Rio / Brazil as a fun and adventure region with decent punting easily available, you'll have a much better time.

Just a couple of odds and ends. I spoke to the Federal police at Customs and immigration. You do NOT need to carry your actual passport around. A photocopy is just fine, and it doesn't need to be stamped / certified. There is also a small departure card document that they give you at customs when you arrive. You must keep this form and return it when you leave. Losing it results in a fine of over $100, not to mention a whole lot of hassle. You must also carry a copy of this with you. Don't carry around the original. It is thin and fragile and won't last one night in your pocket.

And in regards to safety, I personally thought that the 'danger' in Rio was way way overblown. I read the postings, scoured the internet, saw the youtube clips. I started out with the money belt, the shoe money, the whole nine yards. But after a while, I started to feel like a paranoid idiot. I felt safe everywhere at all times. I took the metro until it closed at midnight. I walked from Centro to Lapa at night. Even Centro at night seemed ok, more abandoned than unsafe. Why would criminals seeking to rob people hang out there? There are no people to rob. That being said, I did not go north of Vargas Ave, nor did I go anywhere near a favela or VM. Think of Rio as Manhattan. Be aware of your surroundings, don't dress or act like a rich asshole, and walk with a purpose.

Yes, Rio is getting more expensive, but it seems more expensive than it is because the two things we are most interested in are getting the price hikes the worst: hotels and putas. Most tourists stay in Ipanema, which I also highly recommend. Compared to Copa, Ipanema is more intimate, and probably a little safer. Ipanema has smaller tree-lined blocks, with more quaint shops, restaurants and bars. The beach, which is shorter than in Copa, is flood-lit. You can see clearly to the breaking water, so I can imagine people swimming at night. Copa has bigger blocks, many lined by barren locked up store fronts. The thing about Ipanema is that it is a very small area. There just aren't enough hotels there, so prices go up. A decent hotel starts at $150. As for the prices of the Termas, well, I can't speak intelligently about why those prices are going up, but they are. Food and booze, though, are cheap. Public transportation, and even the prices of taxis (relative to other big cities) is also cheap. A subway token costs 3. 2 Reals, which is about 1. 50 cents. And a late night plate of barbecued skewered carne asada with all the fixings was about $4. 25.

And by the way, if you ever need some advice and want to speak to a knowledgeable expat in American English, there is a small all-purpose tourist shop next to Monte Carlo called 'Blame it on Rio. ' I got wind of it because one member posted them as a good place to exchange dollars in Copa, and he was right. They gave me 2. 2 Reals to the dollar, which is just a hair below the financial exchange rate of 2. 24. You can get that rate in Centro, but everywhere else in Copa was 2. 1. The proprieter there is a guy named Bobby. He is very cool and can answer all of your questions. There is an internet terminal there, and laundry facilities. It is also a magnet for American visitors, and I ended up chatting with random people there several times.

Rio and Brazil are a must go. Just don't let your imagination run away with you and you'll have a great time. Just my dos pesos. Excuse me, Reals.

Happens in NY too!

I highly doubt that all the females were forced into prostitution, more than likely, they were already hoes and went to Paris in search of the euro. The woman that "escaped" was probably just pissed that the pimps were charging so much but she was making so little!

On this note, I met a guy from Queens who used to get girls from Help 3 month working visas to the states. Once in NY, he would have them dance in his strip clubs in LIC. The problem was that once the girls got to the states and saw how much money they could make from stripping, they didn't want to go back to Rio once their visa was up.

Damn they beat me to it! Nah thats cray

Posting Limitations