La Vie en Rose
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Sosua Reports

+ Add Report
Page 323 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 333 373 423 823 1323 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 35055
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OldKool  [View Original Post]
    I had a buddy who married and brought his girl to ATl. She went from the barrios of the DR to ATL. She was home sick with in weeks of arriving She went back home and never returned. He paid big money to get his divorce. I am always surprised by the guys who are out of control in love with these girls. Bringing thousands of dollars in gifts and paying appartments and life styles. Every trip I meet a guy whose nose is wide open. They describe how they have all these things in their luggage for their lady love. I bite my tongue every time.
    We have a couple of names for those types: Pathetic Losers or Pussy Whipped!

Every case is different

I had a buddy who married and brought his girl to ATl. She went from the barrios of the DR to ATL. She was home sick with in weeks of arriving She went back home and never returned. He paid big money to get his divorce. I am always surprised by the guys who are out of control in love with these girls. Bringing thousands of dollars in gifts and paying appartments and life styles. Every trip I meet a guy whose nose is wide open. They describe how they have all these things in their luggage for their lady love. I bite my tongue every time.

How true

Quote Originally Posted by Oakie  [View Original Post]
    Just a couple anecdotes.

I flirted with the idea of bringing my long time Sosua regular to Toronto some years back for a couple weeks.

At the time I was looking for a place to live in the DR, and I took her with me. The place was a typical condo unit in Sosua. Compared to where she lived, with the noise, kids, dogs barking, local food cooking, parties and loud music, it was a none starter. She eventually (with a little help from me) got to NJ to live with her young son and the kid's father and his family, where she had houses, money, clothes, all the works, but the minute she learned I was settling in Sosua, my phone never stopped, and I had to block her. Her friends tell me she's not happy there and wants desperately to come back!

My current squeeze said she'd like to come visit, but like the previous one, she would die in the quiet, sterile condo unit where I lived, surrounded by folks who never even say hello,! We don't even have a Dominican Restaurant in town. Then there's the snow!

I'm always fascinated by their enthusiasm for fucking, cooking and cleaning, but they too need a balance in their lives. They need their social life too!

A flower will die if you take it from its native soil, and if they survive and thrive, it will be because they have just become another American, Canadian, or European citizen!
    I never thought about it before but I loved your remarks and I quote them. I'm always fascinated by their enthusiasm for fucking, cooking and cleaning. How true.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakie  [View Original Post]
    Just a couple anecdotes.

I flirted with the idea of bringing my long time Sosua regular to Toronto some years back for a couple weeks.

At the time I was looking for a place to live in the DR, and I took her with me. The place was a typical condo unit in Sosua. Compared to where she lived, with the noise, kids, dogs barking, local food cooking, parties and loud music, it was a none starter. She eventually (with a little help from me) got to NJ to live with her young son and the kid's father and his family, where she had houses, money, clothes, all the works, but the minute she learned I was settling in Sosua, my phone never stopped, and I had to block her. Her friends tell me she's not happy there and wants desperately to come back!

My current squeeze said she'd like to come visit, but like the previous one, she would die in the quiet, sterile condo unit where I lived, surrounded by folks who never even say hello,! We don't even have a Dominican Restaurant in town. Then there's the snow!

I'm always fascinated by their enthusiasm for fucking, cooking and cleaning, but they too need a balance in their lives. They need their social life too!

A flower will die if you take it from its native soil, and if they survive and thrive, it will be because they have just become another American, Canadian, or European citizen!
    True. Often, in exchange for a better standard of living, one has to leave the extended family, friends, and everything familiar behind. I mentioned that a long term girlfriend would like to work for 6 months in Canada and return. Her cousin married a Swiss man, though they recently moved to the DR. She has several girlfriends who have managed to emigrate (some with Dominican spouses) to the US.

There are agencies that recruit Dominican women to work overseas in brothels for months or longer, to earn some money and return. Once in Germany, I found a Dominican woman, married with kids, working in a brothel to earn enough money to go home and start some sort of business. Driven by economics and the poor options in the DR.

Those who manage well, emigrate to a place with communities where there is a Dominican diaspora, to provide a sense of home. One former P4 P chica, with 2 teenage daughters, living in NYC, is thrilled that they are doing well in school, getting a good education. Emigrating to a foreign culture, with a foreign language, is tough unless there is a support system of some kind.

Worth noting that its not uncommon for one to work overseas for decades, get financial security, then return "home" to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2005  [View Original Post]
    Frannie, again I was not focused, nor argued about comparing Dominican fiancee visas with other countries. I clearly made a comparison between two groups of Dominicans. The Dominicans that may try to use a foreigner to get away from the DR versus those Dominicans that have no interest in leaving the DR.

I don't think anybody knows. And that's the point. You really can't account for Dominicans who have no interest in leaving the DR from those that try to use a foreigner to get away from the DR. Why did I bring this all up in the 1st place? Well it started from the comment you made to MR E regarding the chicks he supposedly dealt with who you said possibly saw him as a ticket to get away from the DR and that it took him 10 yrs to figure that out.

The thing is Frannie, you don't know if any of the women he dealt with tried to use him to get away from the DR. What you do know, is what he told you. About how some of the chicks eventually want money and help, but don't start out that way until after giving up the juice. I don't recall reading any information regarding these womens interest in him helping them leave the DR.
    You asked for statistical information on the subject, and the items I provided are easily publicly available and shed some light on the question, albeit tangentially. It suggests that, at the very least, many Dominican women are aware of the possibility of getting on a plane and going somewhere like the US, Canada, or Europe to get married and start a new life. Most Dominican women will know, or will have known, someone who has done something like this.

Obviously the information given by Mr. E may or may not be correct, as he seems to have a history of misreading situations and providing dubious information.

However the fact remains that the average reader of this board (do not ask me for statistics on the average reader) would do well to be aware that when a Dominican woman does not ask for money for sex, this probably means that she is looking for more than money for sex. The chances that she just saw you and had an uncontrollable urge to jump your bones might, just might, be part of the story, but is never the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frannie  [View Original Post]
    As you will see, the DR has the second highest number of fiancee visas in the world, and is easily the leader on a per capita basis. It is possible to argue that still only a small number of Dominicans leave to marry overseas, but the number is greater than anywhere else. So marrying and going overseas is definitely a thing in the DR.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...016-2017-04-05
    Frannie, again I was not focused, nor argued about comparing Dominican fiancee visas with other countries. I clearly made a comparison between two groups of Dominicans. The Dominicans that may try to use a foreigner to get away from the DR versus those Dominicans that have no interest in leaving the DR.

You giving me stats comparing the DR to other places don't have jack to do with comparing the two Dominican groups I was talking about. Now just the two groups I was talking about, do you have any stats comparing just those two? Second highest number of fiancee visas in the world, easily being the leader per capita, the number is greater than anywhere else, marrying and going over seas is definitely a thing in the DR. None of that addresses what I was referring to regarding just the 2 groups of Dominicans.

Its' ok to say you don't know. And I wouldn't expect you to know. I don't think anybody knows. And that's the point. You really can't account for Dominicans who have no interest in leaving the DR from those that try to use a foreigner to get away from the DR. Why did I bring this all up in the 1st place? Well it started from the comment you made to MR E regarding the chicks he supposedly dealt with who you said possibly saw him as a ticket to get away from the DR and that it took him 10 yrs to figure that out.

The thing is Frannie, you don't know if any of the women he dealt with tried to use him to get away from the DR. What you do know, is what he told you. About how some of the chicks eventually want money and help, but don't start out that way until after giving up the juice. I don't recall reading any information regarding these womens interest in him helping them leave the DR.

As you will see, the DR has the second highest number of fiancee visas in the world, and is easily the leader on a per capita basis. It is possible to argue that still only a small number of Dominicans leave to marry overseas, but the number is greater than anywhere else. So marrying and going overseas is definitely a thing in the DR.

Yea!

I knew I'm not the only one that sing the praises of Dominican women!

And that's just for the USA! Add Germany and Holland to the demand for Dominican wives, and maybe some folks can figure out why they are so much in demand.

And you can sample all that by a cheap trip to DR!

Without the expense of marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2005  [View Original Post]
    Frannie when I mentioned stats, this is what I was focused on.

Do you see the difference in what I was talking about versus what you provided? I was referring to "apples", and you responded with "oranges". Interesting stats though, good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanqui69  [View Original Post]
    Went to Spain to get her Masters? Friend, we are evidently talking about people living in very different economic circumstances. But yes, if people could earn a decent living in the DR, they would have no need to emigrate. They are typically very close to their families, and don't leave on a whim. Most leave to find a job, better standard of living. Economic reasons.
    Just a couple anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I would say every person is different and it also depends on their situation. My Puerto Plata chick's mom goes to stay in the US 6 months out of the year only so she will not lose her resident status. I used to beg my first DR girlfriend to come live with me but she never wanted to live in the USA. She went to Madrid and got her Masters and during that time her mom moved to the States. Since then she decided to move just to be with her mom. For the most part (other than political situations at home) people go to the USA to make money. If they could make the same type of money in their home countries then they would rather stay home with family and friends and where everything is familiar.
    Went to Spain to get her Masters? Friend, we are evidently talking about people living in very different economic circumstances. But yes, if people could earn a decent living in the DR, they would have no need to emigrate. They are typically very close to their families, and don't leave on a whim. Most leave to find a job, better standard of living. Economic reasons.

The population of the DR is a little less than the population of Cuba, so the emigration rate is about the same. Of course the emigration rate from Puerto Rico to the US is even higher, but is not counted because the Puerto Ricans are already US citizens. So the three Spanish-speaking islands of the Greater Antilles are the world's leading nations in terms of the percentage of their populations that want to emigrate to the US or elsewhere. The per capita rate is even higher for Hispaniola, I think, if you take Haiti into account.

So this suggests that a helluva lot of Dominican residents want to emigrate, at least compared to other countries.
    Frannie when I mentioned stats, this is what I was focused on.

But accounting for those that are trying to use a foreigner to get away from the DR, from those that have no interest in leaving the DR, I'd like to see those stats?
    Do you see the difference in what I was talking about versus what you provided? I was referring to "apples", and you responded with "oranges". Interesting stats though, good work!

I would say every person is different and it also depends on their situation. My Puerto Plata chick's mom goes to stay in the US 6 months out of the year only so she will not lose her resident status. I used to beg my first DR girlfriend to come live with me but she never wanted to live in the USA. She went to Madrid and got her Masters and during that time her mom moved to the States. Since then she decided to move just to be with her mom. For the most part (other than political situations at home) people go to the USA to make money. If they could make the same type of money in their home countries then they would rather stay home with family and friends and where everything is familiar.
    You might want to tell your Puerto Plata chica's mother that she only needs to return one time a year to maintain residency status, but that she is liable to pay taxes on her worldwide income regardless of whether she is overseas. Perhaps she also wants to work and get two quarters each year into Social Security so that one day she will be able to get SS retirement and Medicare. However, it is not always easy to quit jobs for six months at a time, as this may p off employers. Do not ask me how I know this.

This is obviously a well-educated and affluent family, as few Dominicans can afford to go overseas to study for Master's degrees, so would not be typical of the families that most readers of this board will encounter.

Clearly the main reason for moving to the US is for money. For example, even lower paid workers in the US, if living with some kind of spouse who had a reasonable job, will probably have an air-conditioned home, their own car, a fridge with an ice-maker, a washing machine, a huge TV, Netflix, and an indoor toilet. In fact they will probably also have an iPhone and and an Apple watch. That is at the basic level. With a more affluent spouse, they will have much more.

I know a Haitian woman who came to the US as a fiance 5 or 6 years ago with no education. She obtained her GED and CNA and did a 2-year degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant and now is pulling down over $50,000 per year. Better than doing "physical therapy" in Sosua.

I would say every person is different and it also depends on their situation. For the most part (other than political situations at home) people go to the USA to make money. If they could make the same type of money in their home countries then they would rather stay home with family and friends and where everything is familiar.
    What you said is one of the key points. Every person and situation is different. Enough people if given the chance to earn the same money at home rather than move away, enough would choose to stay home.

Additionally, enough Dominicans that want to go to the USA are mainly interested in sightseeing to see what certain parts of the US is really like. To see what snow is like and the different seasons. To visit or see all of the attractions that they saw on TV or were told about. You also have locals that after having been to the USA became disenchanted or home sick for the DR and couldn't wait to return. Not everybody falls in love with the USA. Even my ex Dominican GF from the Bronx, and her sisters planned to retire and go back to live in their home town in the DR. The sisters had a home built in Haina right next door to their aunt.

The point is, all of you are right. Every variable applies. You have some folks anxious to leave the DR for another country, you have those who have no interest, and others with a plan / goal in mind. You have those getting to the USA or other countries with the help / assistance of a foreigner. You have those who get there by their families or some sort of visa. While one guy will say he was never approached or pursued by any locals to get a visa, another guy will say through his experience most Dominicans would jump at the chance to go to the US. I would assume it's meant most of the Dominicans from his experience (not most Dominicans in general).

So there you have it folks. There is no one size fit all here trying to categorize Dominican migrant behavior / interest. All perspectives have their place. Like E said, every person is different, and every situation is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanqui69  [View Original Post]
    Simply put, there are very, very few opportunities in the DR for a decent paying job. Some apartments in her complex are vacant, because the occupants moved to the US. Some go on a tourist visa and stay illegally. Anyone who can find a legal way takes it. Poor economic prospects faulty utility infrastructure, gross and rampant corruption and incompetence.

The population of the DR is a little less than the population of Cuba, so the emigration rate is about the same. Of course the emigration rate from Puerto Rico to the US is even higher, but is not counted because the Puerto Ricans are already US citizens. So the three Spanish-speaking islands of the Greater Antilles are the world's leading nations in terms of the percentage of their populations that want to emigrate to the US or elsewhere. The per capita rate is even higher for Hispaniola, I think, if you take Haiti into account.

So this suggests that a helluva lot of Dominican residents want to emigrate, at least compared to other countries.
    I tend to agree. Yes, there people who would / could not leave their families, but from my experience, most Dominicans would jump at the chance to go to the US. Our opinions and perspectives are formed by our own experience, and I know of several former P4 P girls that got their ticket out via marriage and took it. I have known one girl for at least 10 years, and she wants to go to Canada to work for 6 months on a temporary visa and return. Simply put, there are very, very few opportunities in the DR for a decent paying job. Some apartments in her complex are vacant, because the occupants moved to the US. Some go on a tourist visa and stay illegally. Anyone who can find a legal way takes it. Poor economic prospects faulty utility infrastructure, gross and rampant corruption and incompetence. Dominican singer and composer Juan Luis Guerra (band 440) wrote a song about it, called "Visa Para Un Sueo " (Visa For a Dream). Getting a resident visa is like winning the lottery. (P.S. I spelled the Spanish word correctly, with the proper punctuation, but the system rejected my 'enye').

Posting Limitations