La Vie en Rose
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Sosua Reports

+ Add Report
Page 515 of 2332 FirstFirst ... 15 415 465 505 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 525 565 615 1015 1515 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 34971
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Another alternative

Instead of going to bug-infested third word shit hole, you could go to Spain. A case of beer is $7 US at the grocery store, the metro or bus costs 80 euro cents, the taxis have meters and take credit cards so no risking your life on a motoconcho, you can drink the tap water, and a fully equipped apartment can be had for $45 US a night or even less, depending on length of stay. $50-$80 US gets you laid, and there are hookers from all over the world. You don't have to hoard small bills, and there are other things to do during the day besides fry on the beach. Although, if the beaches are your thing, Spain certainly has an abundance of them.

I mean, I'm just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakie  [View Original Post]
    For the past year, Reports on the ground, especially from newbies, have been met with indifference, criticism, shaming. These jaded mongers just don't want new and optimistic reports of an exciting and ever changing Sosua. It conflicts with their limited worldview.

That's why this forum thread has become just a sounding board for the usual suspects, with the usual old arguments.

For a lot of us, it's time to move on!
    I love to see reports from new voices, but unfortunately there are not that many of them, and even when they do come not every one has the writing and reportorial skills to organize their reports so as to impart useful information and bring their reports to life. Also they are clearly often influenced by what has gone before rather than bringing a fresh set of eyes. Meanwhile there are large numbers of lurkers who like to have something to read, so inevitably there will be some different points of views, which is good. There is nothing to stop newbs from posting, but they are more likely to post to a board that looks active, where people will read their reports and comment on them, than posting to a board where the last post was written 3 months ago.

When I wrote my newbie report back in 19?? Or was it 18? I had experienced the most amazing trip of my life, and since there was no one in my everyday life to whom I could even mention the trip, writing online (the Internet was a fairly new thing) was the only release valve for working out the emotions brought out by the trip and sharing them with other people. So what I am saying is that first trip was so overpowering an experience that I was forced to write about it to work through the emotions.

For the past year, Reports on the ground, especially from newbies, have been met with indifference, criticism, shaming. These jaded mongers just don't want new and optimistic reports of an exciting and ever changing Sosua. It conflicts with their limited worldview.
    What about the newbie reports for the past year that have not been exciting or optimistic? How have those been met?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2005  [View Original Post]
    Went to pick up J at his hotel yesterday about 1 pm. I see an older guy get dropped off by a motoconcho. He tried to pay for his ride with a 500 peso bill. Of course the moto driver says he doesn't have change. The guy now has a dilemma. The moment I saw that transaction I figured that guy did not know what would have been best in that situation. He came inside the courtyard, and approached me 1st for change. I told him I didn't have it. But out of curiosity, I asked him how much was the fare and from where to where?

He said it was 100 pesos, one way fare from Bourbon Street restaurant to the hotel. He also said it looked like the guy was going all over the place just to get to the hotel. So I tried to explain to the guy what the driver was trying to do to justify getting a 100 pesos. I told him the typical day time prices for a trip like that. I advised him that it's always a good idea to ask the price up front anyway before accepting a ride from anyone. And its best to have small bills and coins for tipping, moto use, and anything else it may be needed. The moto driver saw him talking to me, and was breaking his neck to try to over hear the conversation.

In typical fashion, people trying to hustle us, they have the audacity to get pissed if you try to help someone or you protect yourself from their bullshit. But were supposed to always be on the up and up? I don't care if it is about their survival, my allegiance is geared more to supporting decent fellow mongers than those out there trying to manipulate or exploit us.

During our talk, the gentleman was trying to protest about the driver should have had change. I told him yeah, but you are in the DR now. You have to protect your own interests, regardless of how you believe things should be. Afterwards he thanked me for the information and went about his day.
    No, no, no. When you get on the motoconcho, you should tell them where you are going and how much you are going to pay, then if they have any beef with that it can be resolved before the journey is started. Also ask them if they have change and tell them what size note you wish to change. Often the motocochos will be able to get change my hailing other moto drivers and swapping notes with them. The fare from El Batey to Charamicos should be 50 pesos, and 25 pesos from Pedro Clissante to a nearby hotel. Fares are usually double after dark.

It is a good idea to horde small change for such purposes, for example changing larger notes when you go to the supermarket or pharmacy, as they always seem to have change, and also get the smallest possible notes from ATMs. For example you might take out $1900 instead of $2000 pesos, and you will get two bills of $200 each or better still four bills of $100 each. You never get $50 peso notes from ATMs, but you can get them from exchange bureaus or banks, though even the exchange bureaus are stingy with them.

Anyway, bottom line is tell them how much you expect to pay upfront to avoid problems. Don't ask them how much the fare is, or you are just asking to be suckered into overpaying.

Sosua has one-way traffic systems, so sometimes motos may use routes that don't look like the most direct route to get around the streets that are blocked off, for example you can only enter Dr. Rosen, where several hotels are located, from one end of the street, so you might have to go an extra turn around the block to get to the hotel. People who are on their first visit to town might be confused by this. Anyway $100 pesos is probably too much for a fare from Bourbon St. To any of the hotels in Sosua, and even late at night that would be the maximum, assuming there is only one passenger. If there is a second passenger, expect to pay double.

This is information that is highly useful to newbies and ought to be printed on cards and given to passengers arriving at the airport.

That's why this forum thread has become just a sounding board for the usual suspects, with the usual old arguments.

Hey Oakie,

Missed you brother. The board reflects the decline currently going on in Sosua IMO. Most of us have the great memories of our old Sosua so naturally we will talk about it. Very few good impressions of this Sosua. We have always had posters who take two pages to say two sentences, we have always had arguments, we have always had guys who blame the women and we have always had guy's who appreciate the women. Photos are non -existent anymore, trip reports have been fading. You are correct that it's time to move on but we all still have a place for Sosua in our hearts. I haven't been to Sosua in 8 months when I used to go every month. I have no desire to go in it's current state and I have other spots, but I'm still waiting on a Sosua comeback. Don't take this chit chat on the board to have any real meaning because I don't.

Move on

For the past year, Reports on the ground, especially from newbies, have been met with indifference, criticism, shaming. The jaded veterans just don't want new and optimistic reports of an exciting and ever changing Sosua. It conflicts with their limited worldview.

That's why the board has become a sounding board for the usual suspects, with the usual old arguments.

Agreed, I've moved on and am fortunate enough to go all over the world while others seem to be stuck in the same place. There's nothing wrong with "factual reports" about changes happening in Sosua, however the reports that sound like 'days of our lives" or another "soap opera" are old, very old. Too much babble instead of helpful reports.

Who Cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer500  [View Original Post]
    Yes a boots on the ground report would be great. There is no apparent mechanism to stop the charade of babble. I like to report on what I see and experience but keep it short and concise. Enough is enough!

You are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Tempoecorto  [View Original Post]
    I have had it up to here with Dr. Freud's analysis paralysis. Do intervene to stop the BS and give you some "boots on the ground" report. LOL.
    Yes a boots on the ground report would be great. There is no apparent mechanism to stop the charade of babble. I like to report on what I see and experience but keep it short and concise. Enough is enough!

BTW all 3 of us at the table with that chica ( before the guy came back ) thought what she did was fucked up, trying diss her date and go off with one of us. So as far as her being pissed, neither of us could give a fuck. She got what she deserved. We respected the guy, by not initiating pushing up on his date while he was away. Thats how non cape wearing mongers support each other.
    You were in Sosua, you all knew she was not a "date", she was a working girl out on the town at night looking for men to have sex for pay. In your previous post you said you "almost felt sorry for the lady" until you remembered how many times you personally had been stood up by chicas. Now you are saying that none of you gave a fuck how she felt, because you were all disgusted at the way she hit on you all as soon as Dick ran off to get some extra pocket money from his mama, when as far as you were concerned she was promised to Dick. You do not make it clear if any of you were attracted to her or not. If you weren't, then leaving her for Dick was no sacrifice on your part. So Dick comes back with the money, and all of a sudden poor Dick is "too tired" or maybe he has a headache. Whatever!

It is not clear how long the chica was distracted by this episode, but obviously she saw it as a waste of her time, and it would have been disappointing for her to think she had a sale and then to find that she didn't have one, some time after midnight when some potential customers would already have gone home or selected other partners, and that she might not have the two or three thousand pesos to pay her bills tomorrow unless she gets lucky and finds someone else.

OK, she will survive, and worse things have happened to her and perhaps she could have been more gracious, and perhaps she should not have hit on Dick's friends, (but that wasn't the reason he wimped out) but have you ever been in the position where you drive more than half an hour to see a client, spend another 3/4 hour explaining the service that the client has requested, and then the client decides they don't want it after all. You have worked a quarter of a day for no pay and used your own gasoline, and you have nothing to show for it. So do you turn to your Buddhist faith, and just accept this is karma for something bad you did before, or do you say to yourself "fuck this idiot!

I don't know how many times I have had to explain to people on this board that in Sosua you are not dealing with board certified professionals licensed by Medicare and carrying liability insurance, you are just dealing with (mostly) simple, uneducated girls (many of them single mothers) trying to earn a bit of money to pay for basic living costs by having sex with visitors. Yes, some of them are con women, cokeheads, thieves, etc. , but a surprising number are very nice and are excellent sex partners.

Went to pick up J at his hotel yesterday about 1 pm. I see an older guy get dropped off by a motoconcho. He tried to pay for his ride with a 500 peso bill. Of course the moto driver says he doesn't have change. The guy now has a dilemma. The moment I saw that transaction I figured that guy did not know what would have been best in that situation. He came inside the courtyard, and approached me 1st for change. I told him I didn't have it. But out of curiosity, I asked him how much was the fare and from where to where?

He said it was 100 pesos, one way fare from Bourbon Street restaurant to the hotel. He also said it looked like the guy was going all over the place just to get to the hotel. So I tried to explain to the guy what the driver was trying to do to justify getting a 100 pesos. I told him the typical day time prices for a trip like that. I advised him that it's always a good idea to ask the price up front anyway before accepting a ride from anyone. And its best to have small bills and coins for tipping, moto use, and anything else it may be needed. The moto driver saw him talking to me, and was breaking his neck to try to over hear the conversation..
    Thanks for the report WRX, I like hearing reports from the guys living there. Maybe next time you could not omit what that fare would normally be and what the outcome with the fare disagreement was.

Thanks.

Monger support

He said it was 100 pesos, one way fare from Bourbon Street restaurant to the hotel. He also said it looked like the guy was going all over the place just to get to the hotel. So I tried to explain to the guy what the driver was trying to do to justify getting a 100 pesos. I told him the typical day time prices for a trip like that. I advised him that it's always a good idea to ask the price up front anyway before accepting a ride from anyone. And its best to have small bills and coins for tipping, moto use, and anything else it may be needed. The moto driver saw him talking to me, and was breaking his neck to try to over hear the conversation.

In typical fashion, people trying to hustle us, they have the audacity to get pissed if you try to help someone or you protect yourself from their bullshit. But were supposed to always be on the up and up? I don't care if it is about their survival, my allegiance is geared more to supporting decent fellow mongers than those out there trying to manipulate or exploit us.

During our talk, the gentleman was trying to protest about the driver should have had change. I told him yeah, but you are in the DR now. You have to protect your own interests, regardless of how you believe things should be. Afterwards he thanked me for the information and went about his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frannie  [View Original Post]
    Are you sure it was Bobby? It sounds more like something a Dick would do. He comes out on the town and doesn't have enough money on him to buy her something to eat? If he was interested in the chica, he could have taken her back with him to the hotel for a chat and a preview, or taken her somewhere else to eat away from his pals.

Of course she was pissed off. She was working and he was wasting her time. It sounds like you still haven't gotten over being stood up by a chica a few nights ago due to your lack of decisiveness, which you admit is habitual, as this often happens to you.
    How many times do I have to school you? What something sounds like, seems like or appears to be, don't make it a reality. Your what something sounds like, is just you with a hearing problem. Also the redundant / useless If statements. That guy was under no obligation to take her back to his hotel for a chat, or to take her elsewhere to buy her anything to eat, interested or not. Of course you would recommend such cape wearing trickery, Most people know it's probably better to interview a chica off your turf, and her not knowing where you stay, than inviting her in your spot before vetting her. Even a rookie monger would know better than that.

BTW all 3 of us at the table with that chica ( before the guy came back ) thought what she did was fucked up, trying diss her date and go off with one of us. So as far as her being pissed, neither of us could give a fuck. She got what she deserved. We respected the guy, by not initiating pushing up on his date while he was away. Thats how non cape wearing mongers support each other.

Wrx

My last post;.

There you go playing word games trying to pivot around the true and only topic that should've been discussed, which is your boy made a fuck move. Not what this girl did, not what she had coming, not doing what other girls did to us. She should've got a pass and not your boy.

WRX said " I don't have a dog in this race "but you found all kind of fault in the female but gave Bobby a pass.

WRX said " Moreover, lets not over exaggerate here. The guy didn't tell the woman to scram. He told her that he was tired, and can we do this another night. " So he invites her, tells her he needs to go get money and comes back and says he is tired and can we do this another night and somehow you don't think he is not telling her to leave?

With the Haitian chic it was good Karma because it was meant to be. Some things positive happen even when surrounded by negative events. I was buying the Haitian drinks as I decided how to play the night when you called. You came to the bar at Europa and me and the girl we're still drinking. I went to change my clothes so me and the Haitian could hit the strip (with me paying) but you made the friend play with the Haitian. Once the friend arrived you didn't like her so we were now in an awkward spot. To save face I lied and said I had an emergency and gave the girls 500 to go back home or whatever. We had made plans to go get some other girls. Luckily she found me at the bar across from Baileys and I explained everything. It was a great night, you were there in the morning when we went to the metro. That's totally different from the " fuck move" your buddy did. Stay on topic and let's discuss why your buddy did that? What was his perspective, and any other matrix regarding him you choose to discuss. But I'm not getting on that blame the female run you like to lead people on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGogo  [View Original Post]
    No no and no! Your boy was dead ass wrong. He invited the girl to the restaurant, left to go get some money and came back and told her to scram? And you want to flip this on the girl? Then when women get tired of bullshit like this and want cash up front and acts hardcore we then say she is the devil. Don't invite a girl to sit if you aren't interested, don't buy them a drink if you aren't interested, it's a simple code. It's not a commitment to fuck. Sure you can change your mind, but be a man about your shit and don't play kid games in an adult environment. It's a fuck move. Fuck what she did because that didn't figure into what he did. See rude MF like that I wouldn't be around too much. He knew he was unsure from the beginning that's why he didn't go get his money before coming to the restaurant. He was stalling and wanted to show his boys the girl. The cool thing to do would have been to give her a beer and handle the situation with class being you instigated it. I applaud the girl for not making a scene but she was Haitian and knew she wouldn't get justice. If it had been a Dominicans it would have been a different story.
    Personally I don't have a dog in that race. I don't think in anybody elses head, and I do not take responsibility for what anybody else does.

I do believe in karma though. She initiated her own demise in securing a client whether Bobby knew what she was doing or not. If she was invited as you say, then why is she exempt from scrutiny for dissing her date within 15 seconds of him going to get money? At that point, what did he do to deserve that? Nobody knew what his state of mind was until he got back. Moreover, lets not over exaggerate here. The guy didn't tell the woman to scram. He told her that he was tired, and can we do this another night. Trust that woman wouldn't be giving a fuck about her date, if she found another guy to walk off with. So I don't have any sympathy in situations like that. Had she been chilled and simply waited, then I would feel different.

Now, I'll just take the rest you are saying as you speculating on the mans state of mind and venting. But as far as I'm concerned, what happened seemed perfectly understandable on his part. Nobody owes anybody their time or business. I hate to throw you under the bus bro, but you recall that Haitian chica you told a lie to because you wanted to be with someone else? Do you think you handled that situation the right way after she travelled to see you? Remember? Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit. Ya can't be pointing fingers at others and not see the relevancy in any man deciding he wants to change his mind or plans. Granted, I do recall, you bought her drinks and gave her some pesos for her time, but bro. Dont buy drinks if you arent interested right? Dont invite if you arent interested right? That was a raggedly move. And it seemed the chica really wanted to hook up with you. What did she do to deserve that? Karma reared it's ugly head, because she spotted you somewhere you werent supposed to be.

But guess what? Inspite of that, I supported your right to change your mind and do what you felt was best for you. Bros before hoes. Thats how I saw it that night and that's how I saw it Monday night. And that is what I will support with you any other night. Now if you want to talk about wrong, then you should get on me as well for being a part of your charade with that Haitian chica.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempoecorto  [View Original Post]
    I have had it up to here with Dr. Freud's analysis paralysis. Do intervene to stop the BS and give you some "boots on the ground" report. LOL.
    Tomjackin is there? That dirty dog, no wonder all my Sosua girls stopped calling last week.

Posting Limitations