La Vie en Rose
"Germany
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Jakarta - Hotels

+ Add Report
Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaeNoel  [View Original Post]
    If anyone wants to know about the noise issue, skip ahead to the 4th paragraph. Made my first visit to Jakarta in February, and chose Four Points by Sheraton. The reservation was made by using the Marriott app. Price was substantially less than other properties I would have considered. Have been staying at Marriott properties (Four Points by Sheraton is within the Marriott "Bonvoy" group), so as to maintain my status.

Check in was friendly and efficient. I was provided the WiFi password which was good for my entire stay. Very reliable WiFi, and reasonable speed, with no issues. Very convenient location in Central Jakarta, and right on the TransJakarta bus line, and across the street is a KFC, Burger King, and Starbucks. Never went into these international name restaurants. Actually I had a very nice coffee for 15000 rupiah across the street in the 5 level mall. It is definitely not one of the fancy mega malls, but more for locals, for example you could buy any Muslim attire on the top level. On the bottom level is a great food court and also a very nice supermarket. Very good prices!
    That 5 level mall is called Sarinah mall. It may not be too impressive these days, but that was the first modern mall ever built in Indonesia and was all the rave back in the day. That is also the first place in Jakarta to have a McDonalds. When that McDonald's first opened, it was a big deal and people used to travel from outside Jakarta just to go to that McDonalds. LOL. It's still a good mall for tourists to visit because it still has an entire floor dedicated to only Indonesian souvenirs and carvings, which I find to be pretty cool. Those souvenirs used to be very cheap, but unfortunately, now they are expensive. When I first came to Jakarta 20 years ago, that was still a viable mall, but since big new nice malls like Grand Indonesia have been built, Sarinah is no longer considered a top mall in the city. Believe it or not, the Hard Rock Cafe was located in Sarinah until the mid 2000's and it was one of the best pickup spots in all of Jakarta at the time. It was a large Hard Rock with 2 floors. Good bands, plenty of ladies of the evening as well as plenty of non pro girls looking for fun, and people would be dancing on the tables drunk by 1 am. I have traveled all over the world and always go to the Hard Rock Cafe when I go to a new city, I've never been to any other Hard Rock anywhere in the world that was even close to as wild and fun as that Hard Rock in Sarinah. I used to go there almost every night. When they moved the Hard Rock out of Sarinah, it was a real shame because it went from my favorite place in the city to a place I won't even visit anymore. (Hard Rock Cafe is now in Pacific Place mall. A much nicer mall, but it's no fun anymore.) I still go to Sarinah to go to Chilis because that's the best hamburger in Jakarta and the rest of the food at Chilis is pretty good as well. There is a very good place to play pool there in Sarinah just next to Chilis. The Air Asia office is located in Sarinah now, so if you do need to buy or change an Air Asia ticket, that's a good place to go.

Not far down the road from your hotel, Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia malls are very modern and are within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaeNoel  [View Original Post]
    One feature of this hotel that some may appreciate. Outside and behind the hotel there are 3 or 4 loudspeakers mounted on a tall pole, so it was just below the level of my room, and about 100 meters away. Am alarm clock is completely unnecessary, because the first call begins at 4:40 am, and lasts for over 30 minutes. I will confirm that any Jakarta hotel booking I make in the future will be better or completely insulated from the daily calls.
    That's very good information. I find it a bit shocking they would put a hotel within close proximity of a mosque. I've never stayed at that hotel, but if there was a mosque waking me up, I would immediately demand to move to the other side of the hotel or I would change hotels. I just looked at their website and I notice one of the things they promote is they are not far from the biggest mosque in Indonesia. They must have an abundance of Muslims staying there. I would think they should tell you there is a mosque near the hotel when you check in and not put non-Muslims on the side of the hotel that has the mosque.

Four Points by Sheraton

If anyone wants to know about the noise issue, skip ahead to the 4th paragraph. Made my first visit to Jakarta in February, and chose Four Points by Sheraton. The reservation was made by using the Marriott app. Price was substantially less than other properties I would have considered. Have been staying at Marriott properties (Four Points by Sheraton is within the Marriott "Bonvoy" group), so as to maintain my status.

Check in was friendly and efficient. I was provided the WiFi password which was good for my entire stay. Very reliable WiFi, and reasonable speed, with no issues. Very convenient location in Central Jakarta, and right on the TransJakarta bus line, and across the street is a KFC, Burger King, and Starbucks. Never went into these international name restaurants. Actually I had a very nice coffee for 15000 rupiah across the street in the 5 level mall. It is definitely not one of the fancy mega malls, but more for locals, for example you could buy any Muslim attire on the top level. On the bottom level is a great food court and also a very nice supermarket. Very good prices! At the hotel they prepare an excellent food buffet for breakfast starting at 6 am. Also had dinner in their restaurant, and chose the special which was spicy chicken and rice dish, with ice tea for 100,000 rupiah. I am now a big fan of Indonesian food.

This hotel has in room massage. I ordered the 90 minute oil massage for 365,000 rupiah. You call the front desk and they arrange the masseuse. The info card in the room does not mention anything about a hotel spa. It specifically states in room massage - 10 am to 12 pm, last order at 11 pm. Wondered about the Couples Massage "for 2 persons in the same room", which is 690,000 rupiah for 90 minutes. How does that work? 2 masseuse and the couple all on the queen size bed? Anyways, on my day of arrival (ANA flight from Tokyo that arrives at 4:30 am) I had a young, and quite attractive girl from Java. What a great body! Not a hard body, or a petite "spinner", but just really shapely and healthy. Got her Whatsapp number. On the second day (Javanese girl had her day off), I had a different massage, and had her do only a massage.

One feature of this hotel that some may appreciate. Outside and behind the hotel there are 3 or 4 loudspeakers mounted on a tall pole, so it was just below the level of my room, and about 100 meters away. Am alarm clock is completely unnecessary, because the first call begins at 4:40 am, and lasts for over 30 minutes. I will confirm that any Jakarta hotel booking I make in the future will be better or completely insulated from the daily calls. My last day, I was at the hotel for most of the day. I was a little tired in the afternoon (been up since 4:40 am), so laid down on the bed, but this did not work out well, as the calls happen during the afternoon as well. Then again at 6:45 pm, the evening call starts and lasts for 1 hour.

The Four Points by Sheraton is a very decent property. It has adequate furnishings in the room, nice mattress and pillows, good space for work, and excellent food.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBoi  [View Original Post]
    Did you try any of these places? I was meaning to last trip but never got around to it. The Japanese garden in this hotel is very nice. Of note the Jonisteak a block away from Novotel smells like a sewer. If you need to go to Jonisteak for late night eats go to the good one beside Hotel Classic.
    Nope, never got around to them. I usually stick to local fare, so I am happy with the Bakmi and Bakso and Nasi Goreng and Nasi Padang and the likes. Only on one day I ventured out to Senopati for a good burger at Three Buns. Awful craft beer but stupendous burger. The fries were good, but a bit too salty for my liking.

I have eaten at Joni Steak in the past. I think Gandy is a tad better. Thoughts? Of course if you want a really good steak there are the more expensive place in Central Jakarta.

Quote Originally Posted by BKKguru  [View Original Post]
    I did not get a chance to to visit the Roof top bar. I did visit the "Mens Spa". When I walked in, there were three girls (hostess) - all in blue uniform.
    Two girls were sitting with other customers. I requested a tour and was shown the massage room. This room is huge (compared to the room in Classic).
    The girl who gave me the tour was very friendly. She grabbed my hand while walking with me in the hallway. I was surprised.

Later, when I was back at the front desk, she kissed the hand of another Customer who was leaving the Spa. I guess they do this with all Customers.

I am curious if the Massage Therapists provide any "extra" services at this Spa. I was hoping to see the Therapists in person. I was only shown pictures on a smartphone.
    Yes. They definitely do. There is an option for In room service too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stykler  [View Original Post]
    Did you have drinks on the top floor (10th?) looking out over North Jakarta? A great view with expensive cocktails but worth having a look. If it is a slow night some of the female bar staff will sit with you if you are alone and hassle a drink or two out of you. I've only experienced this when the place was not so busy. Good fun though.
    I did not get a chance to to visit the Roof top bar. I did visit the "Mens Spa". When I walked in, there were three girls (hostess) - all in blue uniform.
    Two girls were sitting with other customers. I requested a tour and was shown the massage room. This room is huge (compared to the room in Classic).
    The girl who gave me the tour was very friendly. She grabbed my hand while walking with me in the hallway. I was surprised.

Later, when I was back at the front desk, she kissed the hand of another Customer who was leaving the Spa. I guess they do this with all Customers.

I am curious if the Massage Therapists provide any "extra" services at this Spa. I was hoping to see the Therapists in person. I was only shown pictures on a smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by BKKguru  [View Original Post]
    This was my first stay at the Grand Mercure in Harmoni.

This Hotel lives up to its 4 Star ranking. The Lobby is spacious with a triple height ceiling. Looks very airy and spacious when you enter.

{Snip}

(3) Like other Hotels, access to the ISG website is blocked. This was annoying since I was unable to circumvent this block.
    {Snip}
    Did you have drinks on the top floor (10th?) looking out over North Jakarta? A great view with expensive cocktails but worth having a look. If it is a slow night some of the female bar staff will sit with you if you are alone and hassle a drink or two out of you. I've only experienced this when the place was not so busy. Good fun though.

In regards to ISG, I experienced the same issue. My fix was to use Opera browser in VPN mode and I didn't have a problem after that other than the connection was slow.

This is a good hotel for one or two nights IMHO.

Hotel Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

This was my first stay at the Grand Mercure in Harmoni.

This Hotel lives up to its 4 Star ranking. The Lobby is spacious with a triple height ceiling. Looks very airy and spacious when you enter.

The Harmoni Square restaurant is HUGE and located on the lobby level. They serve buffet breakfast and lunch. Dinner is a la carte.
    The Hostess who welcomes you and walks you to the table is a cutie. She wears a long skirt (like a sarong) with a deep side-cut to the upper thigh.
    Very sexy uniform. The hair is stylishly folded back and tied. (similar to Singapore Airlines Air Hostess).
    While eating dinner, I chose a table so I could see her. I loved watching her walk back and forth with a side view of her upper thigh.
    I started fantasizing, but since I was staying in the Hotel, I knew my advances would go no where. Next time, I plan to stay at another Hotel and visit this Restaurant as an "outsider".
    I feel for these girls. It is not easy to deal with the locals in Jakarta - some men even blow cigarette smoke in their face, while speaking with them.

I stayed in a standard Non-Smoking room with Queen bed. The room is adequate for two adults.
    The TV placement on the wall is perfect for watching while lying in bed. The size of the TV was good (40 or 42 inches).

PLUS
    (1) Hotel is 100% girl friendly. You can bring any one. No ID required.
    (2) House Keeping did a good job of cleaning the room. (I left a 14,000 IDR tip on the bed every day when I left the room).
    (3) One evening, my request for extra towels and facial tissue box was delivered within ten minutes.
    (4) Bathroom is very spacious with a Rain shower + hand-held shower. Water pressure is just adequate.
    If the curtain is not drawn, you can watch your girl taking a shower from the room. A touch of Hollywood.
    (5) The Hotel provides 4 bottles of 'Mineral Water' free every day.
    (6) Blue Bird Taxis are always parked in the Hotel parking zone. When I checked out at 5.30 am in the morning, the Taxi was waiting for me.

MINUS
    (1) The closet to hang your clothes is very small. I also had to request extra hangers. Cheap plastic hangers were delivered quickly.
    (2) The desk is a little small. I prefer a larger desk but this is strictly personal preference.
    (3) Like other Hotels, access to the ISG website is blocked. This was annoying since I was unable to circumvent this block.
    (4) I paid approximately USD 65 per night. A little expensive, but I made my reservation only one week before arrival.
    If you book couple of months in advance, your rate should be around USD 50 per night.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanquiceleste  [View Original Post]
    A couple of fancy Japanese restaurants in the complex too.
    Did you try any of these places? I was meaning to last trip but never got around to it. The Japanese garden in this hotel is very nice. Of note the Jonisteak a block away from Novotel smells like a sewer. If you need to go to Jonisteak for late night eats go to the good one beside Hotel Classic.

Novotel Gajah Mada. Jakarta

On my recent trip I stayed at the Novotel Gajah Mada for a few days. Have not seen a report for this hotel for a while, so here goes.

I got a sweet deal at $30 a night for a standard smoking room which is kinda hard to beat. I opted for "no breakfast included" as in the past I have never made up in time for breakfast. When I got there, I was given a room on the 16th floor. The lobby is pretty decent, with adequate place for visitors and guests to sit and chat. 4 elevators service the rooms, so you are never waiting for a very long time. The room itself was as expected. Clean, spacious, with a comfortable queen bed, 4 pillows and a nice duvet, a small sofa, a chair and working table for furniture. A tiny fridge, kettle, TV, alarm and safe. Basic toiletries in place. Air conditioning could be better. Ventilation in a smoking room is vital and this one was not bad.

The housekeeping and room service is pretty decent, however at times they might turn up long after you have given up on your request. Sabar my friend, sabar. I had a bit of trouble with the basin draining out on day 1. Took them nearly an hour to fix. Ice cubes are on the house, they do not charge for it. Great little touch for those who like a bit of party in the room. The plug points are all local, but they have just one point which is multi-country type. There is a pool and gym, which is pretty decent too. Standard operating hours I guess. I visited both usually after 10 am. I never ate inside the hotel, so I can't comment about the food quality, but given its a Accor Group hotel, it must be decent.

In the cewek department, the place is completely friendly. No one even bats an eyelid. They are all smiling and courteous all the time. The room is pretty soundproof I think, I could not hear anything happening next door, not even the occasional flush in operation.

Location-wise this place is hard to beat. There is a Starbucks for those who fancy it right outside the hotel. A couple of fancy Japanese restaurants in the complex too. A supermarket right next door with an ATM inside. Holland Bakery is practically next door. There is always a Bluebird or two waiting in the driveway and a bunch of Ojeks drivers hanging our on the road, so transportation is not a challenge. Everyone knows the place.

All in all, absolutely fantastic value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy2920  [View Original Post]
    TQ Smoothy. Yes, the location seems to be strategic. I have stayed at Classic before and found their room is pathetic. Will book there then.
    I don't think you will regret that choice. Please post a field report reviewing that RED TOP hotel after your stay if you have time.

I know a guy who likes that hotel who tries to get bumped up to a suite when he stays there. He will tell them it's his birthday or that there is something wrong with his standard room to see if they will bump him up. He's been pretty lucky getting moved to a suite pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothy  [View Original Post]
    The rooms are better than Classic. It's one of the best options if you want to go to places in that area like Hotel Classic and Emporivm. You can walk to Classic from there.
    TQ Smoothy. Yes, the location seems to be strategic. I have stayed at Classic before and found their room is pathetic. Will book there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy2920  [View Original Post]
    Anyone has experience staying in Redtop Hotel? Is the room better than Classic?
    The rooms are better than Classic. It's one of the best options if you want to go to places in that area like Hotel Classic and Emporivm. You can walk to Classic from there.

Redtop Hotel & Convention Centre

Anyone has experience staying in Redtop Hotel? Is the room better than Classic? Is there any full service in house? TQ in advance.

Harris Vertu. Harmoni

This, as others have noted, is a 'business hotel', so the facilities reflect this.

Its a new modern design and build, so everything works (including good Internet). The rooms are OK, just above that 'pre vandalised' design you get with some modern lower cost hotels (Ibis.).

No wardrobe to speak off, so unpack your cloths using the floor. For a business hotel, no proper desk area to work at, which rates this place down in my view.

Otherwise, modern decor & bathroom (shower) and comfortable bed & pillows.

The pool (22 m) is good. I choose hotels for their pool as I like to exercise daily. (Pool temp surprisingly cool for a tropical city.).

For those that want to stock up with supplies (juice, fruit etc), there is a Carrefour across the road and a mall a short ways up past the Malio opposite the Mercure. It's a "B" mall, though.

Also, there is supermarket just next door, just beyond the Starbucks. The hotel building as a small mall, with some Chinese and sushi places as well as a local coffer shop chain.

All walkable.

I cannot say if it's Girl Friendly, as this was off my agenda on this trip.

Maybe not good for a 'vacation', if you know what I mean, but really good for a brief business visit that is close to clubs and brothels.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothy  [View Original Post]
    I only quoted a small part of your report, but the report was excellent. When I first arrived in Jakarta in the late 90's, the Grand Hyatt used to have one of the best pickup bars in town. I think it died out around 2002 or 2003. Shame.
    I just checked the price out of curiosity. For a stay in early Feb the Hyatt member rate is only $108. It's $102 for advanced purchase, but I never book those because they are not refundable within 14 days of the booking. Pretty good value. It's still my hotel of choice even though the bar isn't as busy as it used to be.

Posting Limitations