Just a head's up. I just got back from a trip to the DR, prior to going I had switched from one bank in the USA To another. Just for future reference I tried to make a small withdrawal using the new debit cards and neither of them (I have two accounts) would work. Not a problem for me as I also have my Charles Schwab card as a backup and generally only pay in cash while traveling. I just called local bank and asked why the card wouldn't work and the girl said that the country of the Dominican Republic is black listed and their debit cards will not work there, period. I asked for the bank manager and asked if there was something that could be done as I travel to the DR a lot and she told me sorry, no. I closed the account. Another reason to always bring cash with you and use the cards only as backup and in addition to putting a travel advisory on your card prior to traveling make sure that the bank doesn't have the DR or whatever country that you are traveling to blacklisted. By the way, the bank that had the DR blacklisted worked fine here in Colombia.