La Vie en Rose
Masion Close
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Thailand Lounge and Chat area

+ Add Report
Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Franciscass  [View Original Post]
    In a scenario where a country girl has absolutely no job opportunities close to her town or village she is more likely to join her friends in the city and start a career in P4P. This situation exists more in Laos Myanmar Cambodia and Vietnam but in my opinion less so in Thailand. Here it is the relatively higher earnings from working at the go go that is the primary reason she works there.
    Lets assume a girl has weak education. Parents could not afford to school a girl when she would probably become a housewife mother.

Thai girls can sell vegies, pineapples or durians in the province for extreme low money. They can go to Bangkok and work a factory, food stall, waitress, paint fingernails, or become a hooker. If they have to get enough money to support poor parents, sisters, and try to have the child get a decent education (unlike the mother), then the low level jobs are not going to pay enough. Many are single mothers. No husband to help out. If she is at all good looking, hooking becomes an option, even if part time. Could hope to hook a sponsor.

I know a young Lao girl like this, pretty and would love me to be her old sugar daddy, but I have a Mrs already. Her financial struggles are severe. She needs an operation but can't afford it (at least so I heard). Probably 100 K baht or more. Hard for her to hook a good guy when she has no English. Her brother is stuck in prison with medical problems, from dealing drugs most likely (she does not know or tell. But guys don't have the hooking option). Meanwhile the levels of customers in the MPs and bars, etc. Are quite low. I heard from more than one MP girl, can go several days with no customer. Same for bar girls not getting a customer every day, especially those with poor English.

If the girl had English, she could probably do very well standing on Soi 4 because hers looks are superior. Probably needs to use smart phone to translate messages similar to what the deaf girls do.

I just give example of girl whose health is not the best and education very poor, and her work options to make money to save for operation are quite limited. Also she is just not used to working really hard. Tires easily.

She tried learning fingernail care (but I don't see that as having much earning potential). She tried being a waitress but was too demanding based on the physical health. I advised to try to learn English quickly and hook a rich Farang sponsor. Can't see any other way out for her future. She is a really nice enthusiastic fuck and good looking. That is one plus. Her circumstances are extremely shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by EihTooms  [View Original Post]
    Which part of this current discussion about the inevitable detrimental effects of a USA-China trade war on Thai mongering has "nothing to do with Thailand or girls"? It has a great deal to do with both.

There might have been a mildly interesting carrot dangling in front of some companies thinking about moving out of China to set up factories in Thailand and thereby improve its economy before. Or to choose Thailand over China in the first place. But this current politically motivated tariff and trade war declared by the USA added a big paddle on the butts of companies to do it sooner, faster and in greater numbers.
    In a scenario where a country girl has absolutely no job opportunities close to her town or village she is more likely to join her friends in the city and start a career in P4P. This situation exists more in Laos Myanmar Cambodia and Vietnam but in my opinion less so in Thailand. Here it is the relatively higher earnings from working at the go go that is the primary reason she works there.

As to her family members having jobs from Chinese relocated businesses this will only happen if the new factories are situated close to where they live. Its possible incentives will lure then to Essan but supply chain and logistic infrastructure will be more important making the EEC more suitable.

I would agree increased job opportunities influences the number of working girls available, the question becomes by how much. There are other factors at play. Increasing numbers of girls working abroad, more girls not lured by the easy money wanting instead to get a degree and pursue a career and quite possibly more girls better understanding that selling sex is maybe not such a smart choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Syzygies  [View Original Post]
    Nana and Thermae were not mentioned. One does not go to Thermae to eat. I don't get cart food in Nana for various reasons. The hamburger stand went to really poor quality several years ago. Grilled chicken is pricey. Can't say if most stuff is disgusting there since have not been eating it.

The cost of grilled chicken and deep fried chicken has risen a lot, even carts selling fruit seem pricey. Could be the Sukhumvit tourist area has much higher prices as vendors may pay a lot for their spot on a touristy street. I can still buy some veg at the Supermarket in the province cheaply. 3 large carrots cost me just under 8 Baht. Wow! Raw chicken pieces were about 67 Baht per Kilo. I cooked it myself.

Its a terrible exchange rate hurting me most these days.
    The price of carrots wasn't mentioned. And if you leave the farang ghetto once in a while, prices are the same. And I wasn't talking about the food in termae, I was mentioning the fact that you're drinking there went up to 10 baht. Is that why you don't like the place?

The exchange rate doesn't hurt me. In fact, if it was 10 b to the buck, it wouldn't matter in the slightest.

The food has always been decent and cheap in thermae by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DCups  [View Original Post]
    Yes, I feel this way, too, Natty, but won't drop ISG because there is still good intel sometimes on other threads. Let me acknowledge the fine posts of Syz, Goferring, Wicked Roger, Red Kilt (don't see too much any more), Smoothy and of course, you.
    Which part of this current discussion about the inevitable detrimental effects of a USA-China trade war on Thai mongering has "nothing to do with Thailand or girls"? It has a great deal to do with both.

There might have been a mildly interesting carrot dangling in front of some companies thinking about moving out of China to set up factories in Thailand and thereby improve its economy before. Or to choose Thailand over China in the first place. But this current politically motivated tariff and trade war declared by the USA added a big paddle on the butts of companies to do it sooner, faster and in greater numbers.

I suppose the monger wants economy in Thailand to be very weak in order to get a better exchange rate.
    Truth be told, that is the basis for all or most P4P customer advantages anywhere in the world, not just Thailand. It won't happen if we only count on lazy girls who don't want to work 8 am-8 pm 6 days a week to show up at the venues or on the street.

Yes, there will be some who fit that profile. But it requires a depressed economy for whole families in order to get armies of young, good looking girls showing up to give high level sex services to strangers every night. Witness the economic conditions that existed during the oft mentioned heydays of great Thai P4P in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

Still, on the issue of an expat's ability to retire and live in Thailand, unrelated to the issue of more highly motivated P4P girls showing up for the job, I would say Thailand is still a much better deal than living in retirement in the USA. Including in Bangkok.

I can't speak for other countries. But if you can meet the 65,000 THB per month income requirement or similar annual deposit kept in a Thai bank, you should be able to rent a better than average Western-suitable apartment in the most popular expat areas of the city, eat whatever you want every day, get out and around on public transportation, enjoy high speed internet at home and on the go and even afford decent catastrophic health care coverage. And you can pick up the meal tab and more for a girlfriend or two much of the time as well.

Here is what was said about a retiree from the U. K. at the start of that linked article:

"The former aircraft technician easily bought a townhouse, pickup truck and motorcycle when he arrived at the age of 55 two decades ago. Back then the pound bought about 60 baht, but now it fetches a little less than 38 baht."

He was foolish to have counted on the exchange rate and economic conditions to remain the same as they were during one of the worst downturns in modern Thai history. And it appears he is trying to duplicate all the amenities and toys of a gainfully employed man in his home country.

In my case, two of the biggest cost saving advantages to retirement in Bangkok vs staying in the USA was that I can rent a decent place for very little money (and while the property I own in the USA is generating rental income in USD) and have no need to own a car with all the attendent purchase, insurance, fuel and maintenance costs.

Those two factors alone offset at least $1,500-$2,000USD in retirement costs per month compared to staying in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyBumpo  [View Original Post]
    More divisive American political claptrap in the Thai Lounge that has nothing to do with Thailand or girls. Why does the ISG allow this? After being a member since 2008, I am strongly considering dropping this web site. All I read here is negative shit about Thailand being too expensive from guys who can't afford it anymore, bull shit about Thai girls (PI girls too) not being any good anymore, and the political hate Trump crap. I used to enjoy reading this web site in the morning knowing it would have interesting and informative posts. Obviously the ISG is not what it used to be ie an informative web site dedicated to the world wide pursuit of girls. Nowadays I rarely find anything worth reading here. And that really is too bad.

P.S. I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
    Yes, I feel this way, too, Natty, but won't drop ISG because there is still good intel sometimes on other threads. Let me acknowledge the fine posts of Syz, Goferring, Wicked Roger, Red Kilt (don't see too much any more), Smoothy and of course, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyezhov  [View Original Post]
    Well if you are in the Tourist Ghetto or Pattaya prices may have risen (and I would dispute that cart prices are up, but I don't eat the disgusting street food in Nana anyway), but everywhere outside prices have remained the same for almost the past 5 years.

Thermae just raised their prices by 10 baht though. That's 30 cents to you Americans. That means if you pound down 20 drinks at thermae you paid an extra $6. I'm sure that some folks who post here are squealing about it.
    Nana and Thermae were not mentioned. One does not go to Thermae to eat. I don't get cart food in Nana for various reasons. The hamburger stand went to really poor quality several years ago. Grilled chicken is pricey. Can't say if most stuff is disgusting there since have not been eating it.

The cost of grilled chicken and deep fried chicken has risen a lot, even carts selling fruit seem pricey. Could be the Sukhumvit tourist area has much higher prices as vendors may pay a lot for their spot on a touristy street. I can still buy some veg at the Supermarket in the province cheaply. 3 large carrots cost me just under 8 Baht. Wow! Raw chicken pieces were about 67 Baht per Kilo. I cooked it myself.

Its a terrible exchange rate hurting me most these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscass  [View Original Post]
    Relocating Chinese production is moving to countries where labor is cheap. It was already happening before the tariffs. Most of it goes to Vietnam Cambodia Bangladesh and other countries with lower labor costs than Thailand. It follows that those that do come here will most likely pay no more than the 300 Baht minimum wage. Thai girls who decide to enter the P4P business already have the opportunity to work in factories in construction, in retail, in hospitality and other segments of the economy. There is actually a shortage of Thai people available or willing to fill these positions as evidenced by the millions of Cambodians Laotians and Burmese working here. I don't see how the limited number of Chinese factories moving here will change that mindset. I agree yes the principal reason girls enter the P4P business is money. What I don't agree it is because they cannot find work in a Chinese factory.
    The ripple effect from more industry choosing Thailand over China due to the trade war as stated in the article does not only move between the factory and the girls. Brothers, sisters, dads, mothers, boyfriends, husbands and baby daddies also have more jobs and alternate income opportunities. Businesses near the factories fare better and expand. New business opportunities arise in those areas. Thai men who do well in those areas can add 2 more mia nois and gfs to their rounds and those girls will not have to even see much less suck a farang dick until they are well past their Sell By date.

There really is no scenario where more industry choosing Thailand in order to avoid potential trade war hassle in China improves the chances of an 18 year old Thai hottie in the factory areas leaving her friends, family and baby, hopping on a bus to go to Bkk or Pattaya or anywhere else in the country and wade through the increasing number of ethnic undesirables (to Thais) in order to fuck and suck foreigners for money. Or to even leave that option uneffected negatively.

Yes, factories were moving into Thailand before the USA-China trade war. And I think we have seen the choices diminish, service levels decline and prices rise for getting less right along. So now the USA-China trade war has motivated MORE international conglomerates to look at, consider and decide to move to Thailand sooner and faster. Not just for now but in order to avoid future potential USA-China antagonism.

Elections have consequences. And, very often, not just for the people in the country where those elections take place.

I think the cost of living has risen dramatically in Bangkok in the last year or two. Food ordered by roadside cart could be almost double the price I used to pay, although price is location dependent too. Japanese frequented area is extra expensive.
    Well if you are in the Tourist Ghetto or Pattaya prices may have risen (and I would dispute that cart prices are up, but I don't eat the disgusting street food in Nana anyway), but everywhere outside prices have remained the same for almost the past 5 years.

Thermae just raised their prices by 10 baht though. That's 30 cents to you Americans. That means if you pound down 20 drinks at thermae you paid an extra $6. I'm sure that some folks who post here are squealing about it.

My Two Cents

Relocating Chinese production is moving to countries where labor is cheap. It was already happening before the tariffs. Most of it goes to Vietnam Cambodia Bangladesh and other countries with lower labor costs than Thailand. It follows that those that do come here will most likely pay no more than the 300 Baht minimum wage. Thai girls who decide to enter the P4P business already have the opportunity to work in factories in construction, in retail, in hospitality and other segments of the economy. There is actually a shortage of Thai people available or willing to fill these positions as evidenced by the millions of Cambodians Laotians and Burmese working here. I don't see how the limited number of Chinese factories moving here will change that mindset. I agree yes the principal reason girls enter the P4P business is money. What I don't agree it is because they cannot find work in a Chinese factory.

Quote Originally Posted by EihTooms  [View Original Post]
    "There could be more upward pressure if firms relocate production to Thailand to skirt US tariffs on China-made products, according to Fukaya."

Surging Thai Baht Shatters Expat Dreams of Easy Retirement.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...asy-retirement
    I think the cost of living has risen dramatically in Bangkok in the last year or two. Food ordered by roadside cart could be almost double the price I used to pay, although price is location dependent too. Japanese frequented area is extra expensive.

Hotel prices are unexpectedly high at times.

Exchange rates have deteriorated badly for some countries. Obviously the super exchange rates during the crash were not going to last, but is getting ridiculous now nearly back to early 90's levels.

Bargirls too. Even MP prices on the move in some shops.

I suppose the monger wants economy in Thailand to be very weak in order to get a better exchange rate.

Thank you for your vote

"There could be more upward pressure if firms relocate production to Thailand to skirt US tariffs on China-made products, according to Fukaya."

Surging Thai Baht Shatters Expat Dreams of Easy Retirement.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...asy-retirement

Flooding in the North and NE of Thailand

Tropical Cyclones Podun and Katiji followed in quick succession last few days and caused significant flooding of low lying farm lands, and river overflows. Roads damaged in several provinces.

Sukothai in the north, through to Nakhorn Panom in the East (home of many Tulip girls), through to Ubon in the NE.

Tulip girls best be working in Bangkok, rather than having water problems back on the farm.

I have had to wade through flood waters myself, fortunately below crotch level. Floods went down almost a foot today, where I passed, but waters could be coming from more northern provinces in following days. The flood gates get opened as they say.

Now a big cyclone LingLing heads towards Korea.

Thailand rains should be more moderate the next few days.

The following weather link is good for Thai speakers (only):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hkJKB8YaVg

Quote Originally Posted by Nyezhov  [View Original Post]
    ... And then when you add all the snide comments about President Trump, it's ridiculous. Especially when 90% of the stuff is based on press reports which are totally worthless. And top it off when you make a factual report, you got all sorts of experts questioning it, probably guys that don't even live here or haven't been here in 10 years.
    Just to make sure nobody thinks my assertions land among your estimated "90%", I will post this link:

'Refugees' of Trump's trade war are scrambling to move business to Vietnam and Thailand as China tariffs hit hard
    https://www.businessinsider.com/r-su...ailand-2018-11
    -Companies are moving supply networks and production from China to other Far East nations as a direct result of President Trump's trade war.

-Industry experts say the movement is the biggest shift in cross-border supply chains since China joined the World Trade Organisation in 2001.

-The scramble is driven by the risk of more, and higher, U.S. tariffs on China, and fears that nearby emerging economies can only accommodate new businesses on a "first come, first served" basis.

...In Thailand, SVI Pcl , which provides electronics and manufacturing solutions, said it has just selected four new deals worth about $100 million with existing customers who have operations in China.

"The trade war is good for us," CEO Pongsak Lothongkam said. "We have been approached by so many companies that we have to prioritize."
    I would not consider Business Insider to be a worthless press outfit.

If Trump "wins" his trade war with China this way, I don't know of a scenario where a dozen more mega factories popping up in Isaan increases the number of hot, young Thai girls coming to Bangkok or Pattaya to work in go-go bars, massage shops, soapies, in a club, on the street or to share a lower Sukhumvit area room with 2 others and work the dating site FL scene.

Even if the factories hire their dads, brothers, boyfriends or husbands and not them, the girls will have a very good reason not to move away from their families or babies to make a living the old fashioned way most of us visit or live in Thailand to patronize.

This is more of a "Thai P4P" topic than some of you guys realize. It might be the most important P4P-related topic on any Thai thread. It certainly qualifies as local Thai politics and business as it affects the P4P scene.

Where did you guys think those factories would go when they left China? Nebraska, Australia, U.K., Germany, France, Norway? Nope.

Posting Limitations