"Germany
Masion Close

Thread: Bogota FAQ

+ Add Report
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Routard
    Is a solo Colombia trip doable? Even though we've done the Tijuana thing countless times, my wingman is scared of Colombia for ad reason. A Colombia or Brazil trip is kind of a bucket list thing for me. I think they're the most beautiful women in the world. I don't know a lick of Portuguese, so Colombia would be the choice. The flight and lodging is also more than reasonable. Based on what I've read it seems like Bogota has more action and options than Medellin. I've done the Tijuana thing dozens of times and have never felt at risk or unsafe. I keep my guards up and give everyone their space and respect. My Spanish is limited to the basics but I've never felt uncomfortable there. Admittedly I'm pretty much flying blind because Colombia is a long way from home as opposed to Mexico. I don't plan on roaming the streets much, I'm thinking clinicas by day and clubs at night. This is strictly clubs and girls. I'm Asian American, would that be any issue with the girls or people of. Colombia? Basically I'm asking if this can be pulled off or if it's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldJockey  [View Original Post]
    LOL so why are you trying to make that switch to BOG again? Bored with MDE? Seems like all your positive checks are in the MDE column.

When I am in MDE I stay in the Laureles / Estadio area. As you know its solidly middle class with easy access to Centro and Poblado.

Yes I did check out the Chapinero area a bit and thought it may be a similar contender in BOG. Glad you mentioned it also. I think I will look further into this area.

You fellas area really giving sober reviews of Bogota. And I appreciate it.

I see another vote for Chapinero as well. I'm guessing Teusaqillo, Galerias and Chapinero are not only middle class but geographically situated where I can get to the north and south with relative ease (outside of rush hour) as well?

As for your criteria I do meet a few of those so I guess BOG is worth a shot. One thing I didn't anticipate in my travel plans was time to adjust to the higher altitude. Thanks for that tip.
    I try to stay near one of the Transmilenio routes. 2000 pesos and a quick comfortable ride to whatever area you want.

If staying long enough you can probably do both. Flights between the two cities are short and cheap.

I plan on doing that myself in case I hate BOG. However I will give the lions share of my trip to BOG to give my bod more time to adjust to the sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper  [View Original Post]
    For me, it's one of main reasons I'm hesitant to return to BOG vs trying a first trip to MDE next time. But at least I know I can probably be better prepared for addressing it earlier with Advil or something starting on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishin  [View Original Post]
    I will be heading back in a few weeks and mostly monger in MDE. My 2 cents is that Chapinero area is Colombian middle class and as you approach Parque 93, zone rosa area your getting to upper middle class. You can see the type of stores change. I'm starting to make the switch from MDE to BOG but I was hesistant at first. Why, traffic is horrendous if you want to leave your general lodging area. Weather is not as good as MDE, I have to bring warmer clothing which means extra clothing. People not as friendly or helpful as MDE. The air quallity and altitude bothers me more for some reason. In MDE, I prefer estadio area and at night can reach all monger areas within 15 min. Just not happening in BOG. I enjoy the open areas and parks available in MDE, parque salado, arvi, etc. Nothing comparable in BOG. Those are my main reasons, can't speak for others.

GF.
    LOL so why are you trying to make that switch to BOG again? Bored with MDE? Seems like all your positive checks are in the MDE column.

When I am in MDE I stay in the Laureles / Estadio area. As you know its solidly middle class with easy access to Centro and Poblado.

Yes I did check out the Chapinero area a bit and thought it may be a similar contender in BOG. Glad you mentioned it also. I think I will look further into this area.

Quote Originally Posted by JjBee62  [View Original Post]
    MDE vs. BOG.

Elevation in BOG is about 4000' higher, high enough that many people will experience some symptoms of altitude sickness. It will usually be mild, but you'll tire quicker. This also means lower temps. Nights drop into the 40's, days rarely get above low 70's. You'll almost never see a Bogotano in short sleeves and most wear jackets. Don't pack shorts.

Congestion is much worse in Bogota. Bogota has a population, according to the locals, of 12 million. More cars, more traffic, more pollution. To make it worse Bogota drivers treat their commute like a death match. You will only make the mistake of expecting them to slow for pedestrians 1 time.

The people are friendlier in Medellin. They aren't unfriendly in Bogota, just more introverted. It's best to be suspicious of helpful or chatty strangers in Bogota. There is also the belief that the women are more beautiful in MDE.

Bogota is also more expensive for food and lodging, on average.

However, Bogota is probably a better mongering spot if you meet a few criteria: If you're younger, or in good shape, or live at an altitude above 4500', or are planning a long (3+ week) stay. If you prefer a cooler climate..
    You fellas area really giving sober reviews of Bogota. And I appreciate it.

I see another vote for Chapinero as well. I'm guessing Teusaqillo, Galerias and Chapinero are not only middle class but geographically situated where I can get to the north and south with relative ease (outside of rush hour) as well?

As for your criteria I do meet a few of those so I guess BOG is worth a shot. One thing I didn't anticipate in my travel plans was time to adjust to the higher altitude. Thanks for that tip.

Weather

On my trip the altitude did a number on me, even after taking Advil to ease the symptoms. I was there for five days. I regularly found during the daytime I would have preferred to wear shorts and a t-shirt since it was basically 66 F and perfect out. At night, when walking, I easily took my jacket off to be more comfortable.

Now though, I think I basically felt all screwed because of the altitude and my body was so off that after a decent walk I needed to rest / cool down was the reason I wasn't feeling as cold as I should. It was amazing with each day how much better the symptoms improved but never quite went away. I'm younger and can walk around fine as well. I basically live in one of lowest altitudes you can near a beach, probably didn't help.

For me, it's one of main reasons I'm hesitant to return to BOG vs trying a first trip to MDE next time. But at least I know I can probably be better prepared for addressing it earlier with Advil or something starting on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by JjBee62  [View Original Post]
    MDE vs. BOG.

Elevation in BOG is about 4000' higher, high enough that many people will experience some symptoms of altitude sickness. It will usually be mild, but you'll tire quicker. This also means lower temps. Nights drop into the 40's, days rarely get above low 70's. You'll almost never see a Bogotano in short sleeves and most wear jackets. Don't pack shorts.

Congestion is much worse in Bogota. Bogota has a population, according to the locals, of 12 million. More cars, more traffic, more pollution. To make it worse Bogota drivers treat their commute like a death match. You will only make the mistake of expecting them to slow for pedestrians 1 time.

The people are friendlier in Medellin. They aren't unfriendly in Bogota, just more introverted. It's best to be suspicious of helpful or chatty strangers in Bogota. There is also the belief that the women are more beautiful in MDE.

Bogota is also more expensive for food and lodging, on average..

Well I am a longtime MDE monger looking to branch out to Bogota. However something about the place is puzzling me. If the scene in Bogota is so much larger / better why is MDE getting getting so much love with the amount of reports its getting compared to BOG? This isn't a rhetorical question I really would like to hear some opinions on this.

Also from RTFF I have gathered that the north of the city is a more ritzy and upscale then of course there is downtown / centro which is always run down.

So is there any middle class type part of town that's not too far from the action? I have not been able to find that as yet.
    MDE vs. BOG.

Bogota is also more expensive for food and lodging, on average.

However, Bogota is probably a better mongering spot if you meet a few criteria: If you're younger, or in good shape, or live at an altitude above 4500', or are planning a long (3+ week) stay. If you prefer a cooler climate. If you're willing to do more walking. If you can speak some Spanish.

The reason it might be better is the range of options. If you pick the right location, you can be anywhere from the north side clubs to Santa Fe in under 30 minutes, except during rush hour. That gives a price range from 30 k to over 300 k for mongering.

Middle class areas: Almost anywhere between Carrera 7 and 30, between Calle 45 and 75 is middle class. This includes Teusaqillo, Galerias and Chapinero. Another middle class area convenient to the Transmilenio is Corferias. There are a lot of $25 - $45 per night hotel options in these areas.

Bring a jacket, don't over exert for a few days, avoid going anywhere during rush hour and you should have a good time.

So is there any middle class type part of town that's not too far from the action? I have not been able to find that as yet.
    I will be heading back in a few weeks and mostly monger in MDE. My 2 cents is that Chapinero area is Colombian middle class and as you approach Parque 93, zone rosa area you're getting to upper middle class. You can see the type of stores change. I'm starting to make the switch from MDE to BOG but I was hesitant at first. Why, traffic is horrendous if you want to leave your general lodging area. Weather is not as good as MDE, I have to bring warmer clothing which means extra clothing. People not as friendly or helpful as MDE. The air quality and altitude bothers me more for some reason. In MDE, I prefer estadio area and at night can reach all monger areas within 15 min. Just not happening in BOG. I enjoy the open areas and parks available in MDE, parque salado, arvi, etc. Nothing comparable in BOG. Those are my main reasons, can't speak for others.

GF.

Well I am a longtime MDE monger looking to branch out to Bogota. However something about the place is puzzling me. If the scene in Bogota is so much larger / better why is MDE getting getting so much love with the amount of reports its getting compared to BOG? This isn't a rhetorical question I really would like to hear some opinions on this.

Also from RTFF I have gathered that the north of the city is a more ritzy and upscale then of course there is downtown / centro which is always run down.

Quote Originally Posted by Routard  [View Original Post]
    GENERAL
    Comparing the Bogota scene to the other cities in Colombia, Medellin has the fame of the most beautiful girls in Colombia, but they are far too artificial with fake tits, boobs and low personality. The Medellin scene is also way smaller with way less options than the Bogota scene. The Cartagena scene is another option only for the beach, the safety and the touristic options available. When it comes to pure mongering, the scene is small, the girls are less beautiful, more expensive and spoiled due tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by Routard  [View Original Post]
    GENERAL

I have travelled and mongered in 80 different countries, but those who remember me from my posts a couple of years ago know how much I love Colombia. I'm settled now, living and working in Bogota since 2 years. This is a complete report about all the options available in Bogota. It's not a compilation of info I found in Internet, I have visited all the described locations during the last 12 months, so information is updated and double checked. I went through all the locations of World Travel 69's excellent map. If I don't mention one of them then it's because I couldn't find it for whatever reason (wrong info, wrong address, closed location). Or the place didn't offer sex, or the place offered sex but not with girls. No kidding! In the map there were a couple of gay clubs, needless to say I did not mention them here. I tried to be as extensive as possible in my description of the Bogota scene. If you sum it up, this description reports around 2000 sex works in a shift, which means probably some 4 000 in total. Official stats claim a total of 14 000 sex workers in Bogota, it seems over estimated to me.

I have left the very best at the end of my report, don't miss it, the best kept secret of Bogota, never reported before on ISG!.
    Wow! Thank you! My wife and I were thinking about Cartagena, but after reading your post / s we might have to try Bogota instead.

Thinking.

Exactly what I was kinda thinking. Scouting report earlier in evening and "quickie" or two and then head back up North alone for further escapades later evening or will have a gal in tow who get along with and have hots for already to chill at my place. Guess I'll see shortly on how I feel like venturing out upon arrival.

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Questner  [View Original Post]
    My experience is limited, however I would suggest you stay at Zona Rosa, take a taxi to Santa Fe and see for yourself if you like the girls and would like to session with them there or take them back. You may find something marginally 'better' in one of the sadly boring clubs north close to Virrey but at much much higher price. Personally that would be my choice. Have fun in Santa Fe and return north buzzed and splurge.

So I read up on all the ins and outs of bog to get an idea of all the options. For me, I'm really not into doing the short 20-30 minute romp in the strip club except maybe once a while here or there. I really enjoy the experience of hanging for 2-3 hours at my place, have drinks, enjoy some music and enjoy the time together with a sexy girl. If we click then do TDL. However, I'm having difficulty deciding which is the best method in bog for doing it up this way between the north club, south clubs, and chap clubs for a short four night stay as a first timer. I'm of course using this trip as a "get my bearings" and see how I like Colombia, but want to of course maximize the time. I'm new to the Colombia women world basically, only know how the DR and CR girls are from my time in those places. Most recently in CR since been years that I've been to DR.

What would be your thoughts on which is best?

Show up around 8-11 pm and head to Troya or Fiebre and do a short time for like 60 cop with a gal that fits my "specs" and if we click consider a take out fee (which is how much?) and head to my apartment. If not, of course grab another and see if we click and rinse / repeat.

Or, have some more expensive drinks, with possibly "hotter" women in a Norte club, spend 160 cop for short time at my apartment or the club plus short time cost and if we click consider doing a TDL if she's game.

Since it's my first trip, I am staying around Virrey Park and don't mind spending a little more to get my lay of land and convenience of walking. Still, the trial and error affordability (60 cop) of a Fiebre, Atunes, or Troya is enticing if the gals are cool to head up that far North. I'm not sure on the protocol doing that VS grabbing a girl from one of the many clubs in the Zona T area.

Also, is there really a difference in looks quality of say a girl at Fiebre, Atunes, Troya compared to Lalos, Piscina Norte, and Lidos? (say if I want an A Grande type gal who is a spinner, beautiful face, tight everything with some rear curves) - Subjective to my preferences of course.

I've read through all the post and the awesomeness that is Routard to get as much as I can, but still can't figure out if grabbing a taxi down South to Troya / Fiebre or Pussy House / Forty Nine is a better idea vs spending the extra money and convenience of have most places close to where I'm staying. Keep in mind, I like to have drinks, sit and check out the talent and chat up some, and let let loose and would definitely be taking a taxi most places or Uber.

Thanks for any input or insight as I continue to sponge it all up before my trip and get feedback.
    My experience is limited, however I would suggest you stay at Zona Rosa, take a taxi to Santa Fe and see for yourself if you like the girls and would like to session with them there or take them back. You may find something marginally 'better' in one of the sadly boring clubs north close to Virrey but at much much higher price. Personally that would be my choice. Have fun in Santa Fe and return north buzzed and splurge.

Oops.

Correction, TLN. I couldn't seem to type properly.

Also, I guess if I had something perfect hot 10 ish I'd lean more toward Yanet Garcia. Not grande. Ha! So which is best for that type of lady!

So I read up on all the ins and outs of bog to get an idea of all the options. For me, I'm really not into doing the short 20-30 minute romp in the strip club except maybe once a while here or there. I really enjoy the experience of hanging for 2-3 hours at my place, have drinks, enjoy some music and enjoy the time together with a sexy girl. If we click then do TDL. However, I'm having difficulty deciding which is the best method in bog for doing it up this way between the north club, south clubs, and chap clubs for a short four night stay as a first timer. I'm of course using this trip as a "get my bearings" and see how I like Colombia, but want to of course maximize the time. I'm new to the Colombia women world basically, only know how the DR and CR girls are from my time in those places. Most recently in CR since been years that I've been to DR.

What would be your thoughts on which is best?.

Recommendations-Advice

What would be your thoughts on which is best?

Show up around 8-11 pm and head to Troya or Fiebre and do a short time for like 60 cop with a gal that fits my "specs" and if we click consider a take out fee (which is how much?) and head to my apartment. If not, of course grab another and see if we click and rinse / repeat.

Or, have some more expensive drinks, with possibly "hotter" women in a Norte club, spend 160 cop for short time at my apartment or the club plus short time cost and if we click consider doing a TDL if she's game.

Since it's my first trip, I am staying around Virrey Park and don't mind spending a little more to get my lay of land and convenience of walking. Still, the trial and error affordability (60 cop) of a Fiebre, Atunes, or Troya is enticing if the gals are cool to head up that far North. I'm not sure on the protocol doing that VS grabbing a girl from one of the many clubs in the Zona T area.

Also, is there really a difference in looks quality of say a girl at Fiebre, Atunes, Troya compared to Lalos, Piscina Norte, and Lidos? (say if I want an A Grande type gal who is a spinner, beautiful face, tight everything with some rear curves) - Subjective to my preferences of course.

I've read through all the post and the awesomeness that is Routard to get as much as I can, but still can't figure out if grabbing a taxi down South to Troya / Fiebre or Pussy House / Forty Nine is a better idea vs spending the extra money and convenience of have most places close to where I'm staying. Keep in mind, I like to have drinks, sit and check out the talent and chat up some, and let let loose and would definitely be taking a taxi most places or Uber.

Thanks for any input or insight as I continue to sponge it all up before my trip and get feedback.

Thanks for the help

From my research taking what the fellas have provided on the board I haven't seen anything similar. I'll be there in a couple weeks to pop my Colombia cherry and everything I've read is MP scene, Strip Club Scene (for on site action or take out with house fee), "Street Scene" in Santa Fe, and Escorts (agency or indy). But plenty of options of all those since such a large city from what I gather to provide some variety and cost differences.

I haven't read anything of getting my hotel room, walking downstairs, and having girls hanging out at the bar for a quick grab and go back up the stairs for a good time like Sportsmens or The Mansion. Seems a little bit more venturing out required unless you call in an Escort until you can accumulate some good contacts of favorites. At least from what I've read.

But of course, I haven't been there so maybe there is something similar that I haven't read.
    I did the research on the board as well and the last post I saw related to this was back in 201. I'll be in Med in May and I have enough points on an airline that does not fly to Med to take another trip. So I guess I'll be in the CR around Aug / Sept. Thanks for your help though.

My research.

From my research taking what the fellas have provided on the board I haven't seen anything similar. I'll be there in a couple weeks to pop my Colombia cherry and everything I've read is MP scene, Strip Club Scene (for on site action or take out with house fee), "Street Scene" in Santa Fe, and Escorts (agency or indy). But plenty of options of all those since such a large city from what I gather to provide some variety and cost differences.

I haven't read anything of getting my hotel room, walking downstairs, and having girls hanging out at the bar for a quick grab and go back up the stairs for a good time like Sportsmens or The Mansion. Seems a little bit more venturing out required unless you call in an Escort until you can accumulate some good contacts of favorites. At least from what I've read.

But of course, I haven't been there so maybe there is something similar that I haven't read.

Quote Originally Posted by AddictedGuy  [View Original Post]
    I've been to SJ in CR and Medellin in Col many times and like to stay at the Sportsmens and The Mansion (now The Medellin Plaza). There are always girls there and if you take your time can always find a good one. I'm not really big on the casas or the "strip clubs". I am thinking about make a trip to Bogota and was wondering if there are any similar hotels there where the girls are allowed in.

Thanks,

AD.

+ Add Report
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Limitations